时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hey, thank you. Here’s an Andrew Jackson. | 谢谢 这儿有位安德鲁·杰克逊[20美元] |
[00:04] | Make a clean set of sheets happen, | 给我弄一床干净的被单 |
[00:05] | I’ll introduce you to his twin brother. | 我就把你介绍给他双胞胎兄弟 |
[00:08] | You don’t have to do the banter, but what’s it cost me? | 其实不用非得逗她 不过我又不会少块肉对吧 |
[00:11] | Manny, it was a great idea to come on the train. | 曼尼 坐火车这主意太棒了 |
[00:13] | Rail is a last bastion of respectable travel | 铁路是体面旅行的最后一道堡垒了 |
[00:15] | now that every airport has become a sweat-pant convention. | 现在机场真的是什么样的人都能去了 |
[00:18] | We are all traveling to Portland | 我们全家要去波特兰 |
[00:19] | because Jay’s ex-wife, Dede, is getting remarried. | 因为杰的前妻迪迪要再婚了 |
[00:23] | We’re so happy. | 我们好开心 |
[00:24] | For us. | 是为我们自己 |
[00:25] | It means the end of those damn alimony payments, | 这意味着我不用再付该死的赡养费了 |
[00:27] | so I’m gonna make sure Dede goes through with it. | 所以我要确保迪迪顺利完婚 |
[00:29] | It’ll be, “I do”, “I do”, “I’m done”. | 只要”我愿意””我愿意””结束了” |
[00:34] | Dude, how much choice action are we gonna get on this trip? | 兄弟 我们这趟火车上得做多少次抉择啊 |
[00:37] | I’m managing my expectations. | 我正在调整我的期待值 |
[00:39] | Don’t you know anything about trains? | 你一点也不了解火车吗 |
[00:41] | Chicks go crazy. | 姑娘们都变疯了 |
[00:42] | The vibrations get them all worked up. | 颠簸会让她们兴奋 |
[00:44] | Also, they’re trapped, which is nice. | 而且她们无处可去 正好下手 |
[00:47] | We’re just gonna go bang out this toast for Mom. | 我们要去写给老妈的祝酒辞 |
[00:49] | Yeah. Shouldn’t have waited till the last minute. | 是啊 不能拖到最后再写 |
[00:50] | It’ll be a nice distraction from your motion sickness. | 正好可以让你分心 免得晕车 |
[00:53] | It’s good, as long as I’m not facing backwards | 没关系 只要火车前进时 |
[00:54] | when the train is — Oh, God, no. | 我不是背对着…天哪 不行 |
[00:58] | Lead me. | 带我走 |
[00:58] | All right, I got it. | 好 我来吧 |
[00:59] | There you go. Fixed point. | 走吧 固定点 |
[01:15] | Oh, my God, it can’t be. | 我的天哪 不是吧 |
[01:17] | What? No, it’s not a bald spot. | 什么 不是啦 不是秃头啦 |
[01:18] | I slept on it funny last night. | 我昨天晚上没睡好 |
[01:19] | No. The guy two rows back. | 不是啦 两排后的那个家伙 |
[01:22] | That’s Simon Ha– | 那是西蒙·黑 |
[01:24] | Hastings. Oh, my — | 黑斯廷斯 我的… |
[01:25] | You’re a fan of his, too? | 你也是他粉丝吗 |
[01:26] | He’s my favorite author. | 他是我最喜欢的作家 |
[01:27] | Don’t tell Mitchell, but I was so engrossed | 别告诉米奇尔 我读他上一本书的时候 |
[01:29] | in his last book, I didn’t feed Lily for a day and a half. | 因为太投入 有一天半忘了喂莉莉 |
[01:33] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[01:35] | Simon Hastings is the genius behind | 西蒙·黑斯廷斯是 |
[01:38] | the Silverton mystery novels. | 《锡尔弗敦》系列悬疑小说的天才作者 |
[01:39] | “Dismembers Only.” | 《仅限非会员》 |
[01:41] | “A Death of Fresh Air.” | 《新鲜空气之死》 |
[01:42] | The world has been waiting | 全世界等 |
[01:43] | for the final book of the trilogy | 三部曲的最后一部 |
[01:44] | for almost, what, 10 years? | 得有10年了吧 |
[01:45] | I missed it so much, I took a stab at writing fan fiction. | 我太迫不及待了 自己先写了同人小说 |
[01:48] | What? | 什么 |
[01:49] | I put Silverton in the harrowing world of real estate | 我把锡尔弗敦置身于房地产的悲惨世界 |
[01:51] | with “Open House, Closed Casket.” | 名字就叫《开放日·密闭之棺》 |
[01:55] | Goose bumps. | 起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[02:02] | We hate to bother you, but you are our favorite author. | 很抱歉打扰您 但是您是我们最爱的作家 |
[02:04] | Gentlemen, the words are all out there. | 先生们 文字都是现成的 |
[02:07] | I just arrange them in a financially rewarding way. | 我只是按能赚钱的方式排布了一下而已 |
[02:10] | – Droll. Droll is what it is. – Classic Hastings. | -滑稽 太滑稽了 -典型的黑斯廷斯 |
[02:13] | That by any chance isn’t the — | 您现在是在… |
[02:15] | the next Silverton novel, is it? | 写下一部锡尔弗敦的小说吗 |
[02:16] | You mean “Locomotive for Murder”? | 你们是说《云霄火车杀人事件》吗 |
[02:18] | Crackerjack. | 太妙了 |
[02:19] | It’s not even out yet, and I’m sad about finishing it. | 都还没出呢 我已经在为要读完它而伤感了 |
[02:21] | Well, I hope you won’t be disappointed. | 希望不会让你们失望 |
[02:23] | Lovely to meet you. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[02:28] | What’s your process? | 你一般是怎么写作的 |
[02:29] | Are the characters just speaking through you? | 人物只是通过你说话吗 |
[02:30] | How important is plot? | 情节有多重要呢 |
[02:32] | Here’s an idea — how would you two like | 这样吧 你们安静地坐下来 |
[02:35] | to sit quietly and read the first chapter? | 读一读第一章怎么样 |
[02:37] | What? | 什么 |
[02:39] | – My… – What? | -我的… -什么 |
[02:40] | – God. – What? | -天哪 -什么 |
[02:42] | Rest assured. | 请放心 |
[02:43] | Your treasure is in good hands. | 我们会保护好您的宝贝 |
[02:45] | We are also members of the artistic community. | 我们也是在艺术界混的 |
[02:47] | Clown. | 我是小丑 |
[02:48] | Magician. | 我是魔术师 |
[02:53] | Nope. | 不行 |
[02:54] | What? We’re on a train, | 为什么 我们在火车上 |
[02:55] | and I’m embracing a romantic style of travel. | 我在享受这种浪漫的旅行方式啊 |
[02:57] | I get it, and I love it. | 我懂 我爱死了 |
[02:59] | Wonderful Victorian tea hat. | 维多利亚饮茶帽真不错 |
[03:00] | Thank you. Top-notch travel derby. | 谢谢 一流的旅行德比帽 |
[03:02] | Ma’am. See you at high tea. | 女士 下午茶见 |
[03:05] | He acts like someone with low “T”. | 他的样子太娘了 |
[03:08] | Ugh, I forgot my magazines when I was buying gum. | 我买口香糖的时候落了我的杂志了 |
[03:10] | Oh, it’s hard to do two things at once. | 一心两用实在太难了吧 |
[03:12] | You got an extra book? | 你还有书吗 |
[03:13] | Well, I’m re-reading “Jane Eyre”, | 我在重读《简·爱》 |
[03:14] | but I’ve got “Anna Karenina” on deck. | 但我行李架上还有本《安娜·卡列尼娜》 |
[03:17] | What you got? | 你的是什么 |
[03:18] | “Hurricane Harriet”. It’s mostly pictures. | 《哈丽特飓风》 基本都是图片 |
[03:20] | Sold. Move over. | 成交 你坐过去 |
[03:22] | So, what’s Harriet’s deal? | 哈丽特是干嘛的 |
[03:24] | She’s a ditzy girl who causes problems for everyone, | 她是个没头没脑的傻姑娘 总给人惹麻烦 |
[03:27] | but never realizes it. | 但自己从来都不知道 |
[03:28] | Doesn’t sound very realistic. | 听起来不太现实啊 |
[03:33] | Ah, do you guys know where the bathroom is? | 你们知道厕所在哪儿吗 |
[03:35] | Oh, back there. | 在后面 |
[03:36] | Isn’t it that way? | 不是那边吗 |
[03:38] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系啦 |
[03:43] | First-class ticket, please. | 请出示头等座票 |
[03:44] | I just came looking for the bathroom. | 我只是来找厕所的 |
[03:45] | My ticket is in my seat. | 我的票在我的座位上 |
[03:47] | Do you have any idea how many times a day I hear that? | 你知道我每天会听到多少人说这种话吗 |
[03:49] | Just go back where you came from. | 坐回原位[回到自己的国家]去 |
[03:50] | Go back where I came from? | 叫我回去 |
[03:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:53] | I see how it is. | 我明白了 |
[04:04] | So, Harriet just sent those people right into a bear cave? | 所以哈丽特傻不愣登地把那些人送进熊洞了吗 |
[04:07] | She never knows what she’s doing. | 她永远不知道自己在干什么 |
[04:09] | What an idiot. | 好傻啊 |
[04:14] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[04:16] | You mind if I sit here? | 介意我坐这儿吗 |
[04:17] | Uh, no. | 不啊 |
[04:22] | You have a beautiful smile. | 你的笑容很美 |
[04:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:25] | They make fun of you for wearing your headgear, | 大家都嘲笑我的帽子 |
[04:26] | but, hey, look at me now. | 但是现在看看吧 |
[04:30] | Tickets? | 出示一下票 |
[04:31] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:31] | Uh, honey, do you have my ticket? | 亲爱的 我的票在你那里吗 |
[04:34] | No. | 没有啊 |
[04:34] | I’m pretty sure I gave you my ticket, babe. | 我很肯定我把我的票给你了 宝贝 |
[04:36] | Sorry, babe. Back to coach. | 抱歉 宝贝 回站票车厢去 |
[04:38] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[04:44] | Come find me. | 来找我 |
[04:49] | “Mom has always been a free spirit.” | 老妈一向自由自在无拘无束 |
[04:51] | “She has also helped to free a lot of spirits from bottles | 她也帮忙释放了酒瓶里的冤魂 |
[04:55] | ’cause the woman’s a boozehound!” Hello! | 因为这女人是个酒鬼 记好咯 |
[04:58] | Yeah, I’m not gonna put that in. | 我不会写这个的 |
[04:59] | Uh, how about this one? | 这个怎么样 |
[05:00] | “The secret to her chocolate chip cookies | 她的巧克力豆饼干的秘诀是 |
[05:02] | was a dash of salt –“ | 撒一小撮盐 |
[05:03] | “And two scoops of crazy because the lady’s imbalanced.” | 和两大勺疯狂 因为这位女士心态失衡 |
[05:07] | Hello! | 记好咯 |
[05:08] | Claire, this is toast, not a roast. | 克莱尔 是要祝福她 不是要苛责她 |
[05:10] | Are you uncomfortable because, for the first time in your life, | 你不舒服是因为这是你这辈子 |
[05:13] | you have to be the straight man? | 第一次要变直[率]了吗 |
[05:15] | Hello! | 记好咯 |
[05:15] | Saying “Hello” doesn’t make mean things funny. | 老说”记好咯”也不会让挖苦人的话变有趣的 |
[05:18] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[05:19] | Well, you don’t get to decide. | 做决定的又不是你 |
[05:19] | How come you get to decide? | 为什么是你 |
[05:21] | ‘Cause Mom asked me and not you. | 因为妈妈让我说祝酒词 不是你 |
[05:22] | I included you because I felt bad. | 叫你来是因为我有负罪感 |
[05:27] | That’s fine. I don’t care. | 好吧 我不在乎 |
[05:28] | You can do it yourself. | 你自己搞定吧 |
[05:30] | – I don’t care. – Claire. | -我不在意 -克莱尔 |
[05:32] | Wait. | 等等 |
[05:34] | Nope. | 不 |
[05:36] | This is a $20. | 给你20块 |
[05:37] | When my wife shows up later, | 待会我妻子来了之后 |
[05:38] | “Iced tea” means Scotch. | “冰茶”就是威士忌的代号 |
[05:42] | Grandpa, do you think it’s weird | 外公 你会不会觉得外婆请你 |
[05:43] | Nana invited you to her wedding? | 参加她的婚礼很奇怪 |
[05:45] | I think it’s the least-weird thing Dede’s ever done. | 我觉得这是有史以来迪迪做出的最正常的事 |
[05:47] | Well, if she was so bad, why’d you ever marry her? | 如果她那么糟糕 你为什么还娶她 |
[05:49] | We were young. | 我们当时都很年轻 |
[05:50] | She was cute, but the constant nuttiness of Dede | 她很漂亮 但她一直疯个没完 |
[05:53] | wore me down, robbed me of my will to live. | 把我累坏了 简直都不想活了 |
[05:57] | One day, she pushed me off the edge. | 有一天 她把我逼得受不了了 |
[05:58] | I ran out of the house. | 我从家里跑了出来 |
[05:59] | They found me shirtless in the local fire station. | 他们在当地消防局找到了裸身的我 |
[06:02] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[06:03] | This, uh, Dede that you’re speaking of — | 你说的这位迪迪 |
[06:05] | um, is that Dede Pritchett, by chance? | 是不是迪迪·普里契特 |
[06:07] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[06:09] | She’s marrying my father. | 她要嫁的人是我父亲 |
[06:11] | You’re kidding. | 不会吧 |
[06:12] | No. We’re traveling to the wedding right now… | 真的 我们就是在去婚礼的路上 |
[06:14] | if there is one. | 如果还会有婚礼的话 |
[06:16] | I’ve got to call Dad. | 我得给爸打个电话 |
[06:17] | I told you that woman was off. | 我早说了那女人不正常 |
[06:21] | I’m gonna need $18 back. | 小费还是改成2块好了 |
[06:25] | Uh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[06:26] | Uh, hi, Mr. Hastings. | 你好 海斯廷斯先生 |
[06:27] | Um, do you know — have they developed a cure yet? | 你知不知道 有没有开发出一种药 |
[06:30] | For what? | 治什么用的 |
[06:30] | A blown mind — because we have two of them. | 破碎的心灵 因为我们俩的心都爽炸了 |
[06:34] | You’re too kind. | 你们太好了 |
[06:35] | – Oh, thank you. – Oh, thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[06:36] | Well, we are just dying to know how the conductor got | 我们就是超想知道列车长是怎么 |
[06:39] | all the way from the front to the back, kill the ambassador, | 从车头来到车尾杀了大使 |
[06:42] | and not be seen? | 还不被人发现的 |
[06:43] | There’s an escape hatch in the control room. | 控制室有一个应急出口 |
[06:46] | He climbs up, crawls his way across | 他爬上去 从列车顶部 |
[06:48] | the top of the train to the caboose. | 爬到守车 |
[06:50] | There, his feet firmly planted, thanks to magnetic shoes, | 他穿了磁性鞋 双脚牢牢吸在车顶 |
[06:54] | he hangs down, shoots the ambassador, | 他倒挂着身子 向大使开枪 |
[06:57] | then crawls back the way he came. | 再按原路爬了回去 |
[06:59] | That is so ingenious. | 太巧妙了 |
[07:01] | How does he avoid the video cameras? | 他是怎么没被摄像头拍到的 |
[07:03] | – Yeah. – I beg your pardon. | -对啊 -你说什么 |
[07:04] | On top of the train. | 车顶上的 |
[07:05] | He’s on a train that doesn’t have any cameras. | 他坐的火车没装摄像头 |
[07:07] | Oh, no, they all have cameras now — Big Brother. | 现在的火车都有了 老大 |
[07:10] | I just read an article about it in Rail World, | 我刚在《铁路世界》的一篇文章上看到的 |
[07:11] | the magazine in your seat pocket — | 就是你座位口袋里那本杂志 |
[07:13] | also a great interview with amateur conductor | 还看了一篇对业余列车长凡莱丽·柏帝内的采访 |
[07:15] | Valerie Bertinelli. | 写得可好了 |
[07:16] | Well, if that’s true, then the murder isn’t possible. | 如果这是真的 那谋杀不可能完成 |
[07:18] | And if the ambassador is still alive, | 如果大使还活着 |
[07:20] | then there’s no reason for Silverton to be in Nigeria. | 锡尔弗顿就没理由去尼日利亚 |
[07:23] | And if that’s the case, he’s not at the coup, | 要是这样的话 他就不会参加行动 |
[07:26] | which means the whole thing doesn’t work. | 也就是说整件事都行不通了 |
[07:29] | Dear God, I have no book. | 我的上帝 我没法出书了 |
[07:35] | I have no book! | 我没法出书了 |
[07:39] | Now I wish I hadn’t circled the typos. | 好后悔我还把错字圈出来了 |
[07:45] | What are you still doing here? Go find him. | 你还在这做什么 去找他呀 |
[07:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:49] | Come on, it’s a better love story | 快去啊 这个爱情故事 |
[07:50] | than the one you’re reading. | 比你看的要精彩 |
[07:52] | You’re the beautiful, high-class, smart girl, | 你美丽 高贵 聪明 |
[07:54] | and he’s the poor boy duct-taping his shoes | 而他是个穷小子 跟一群流浪汉 |
[07:56] | with a bunch of hobos in coach. | 以车厢为家 |
[07:58] | It’s a $20 difference. | 票价也就差20块 |
[07:59] | Alex, you got this. | 艾丽克斯 你能行的 |
[08:01] | Trains make guys crazy. | 男生为火车疯狂 |
[08:03] | When were you ever on a train? | 你什么时候坐过火车 |
[08:04] | In Vegas, between my plane and the luggage area. | 在拉斯维加斯 我坐火车去取的行李 |
[08:07] | Stuff went down. | 被托运到别的地方去了 |
[08:08] | Fine. I’ll go for it. | 好吧 我去了 |
[08:09] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[08:10] | Nope. | 别戴帽子 |
[08:16] | Manny likes hats, doesn’t he? | 曼尼喜欢戴帽子 对吧 |
[08:18] | Ooh, someone’s still got a crush. | 某人还对他有好感哦 |
[08:20] | I’m not proud of it. | 我并不以此为傲 |
[08:22] | I tried to get past it. | 试过要放下的 |
[08:23] | But, you know, trains. | 不过 火车嘛 你懂的 |
[08:25] | Well, I think you look cute, and I bet he would, too. | 我觉得你看着挺可爱的 他应该也会这么想 |
[08:30] | Hey, pervs. | 嘿 小色鬼们 |
[08:31] | Let me guess — shoulders tired from striking out so hard? | 我猜猜 钓妹子钓得肩膀都酸了吧 |
[08:33] | It’s still early. | 时间还早呢 |
[08:35] | Ooh, I see a dime piece over there. | 我看到一枚十分硬币 |
[08:38] | That means she’s a 10. | 就是说她是个十分妹子 |
[08:39] | Yeah. I speak d-bag. | 我知道 我也会说暗语 |
[08:40] | Luke, she’s a little old. | 卢克 她年纪有点大吧 |
[08:41] | Hey, Jennifer Lopez is like 90. | 詹妮弗·洛佩兹都快90岁了 |
[08:44] | Doesn’t mean I don’t pretend she’s my pillow every now and then. | 我偶尔还会把抱枕想象成她呢 |
[08:48] | How does he have prospects? | 怎么会有妹子看上他呢 |
[08:49] | If it makes you feel any better, | 希望你能好受些 |
[08:50] | that one’s got a big crush on you. | 那边的小家伙可喜欢你了 |
[08:56] | I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised. | 我并该感到不意外 |
[08:58] | I’ve always sensed a little heat from Alex. | 我总能感觉到艾丽克斯对我的些许热情 |
[09:00] | A woman doesn’t compliment a man on his hat | 女人要是不想钻进男人的外套 |
[09:02] | unless she wants to get into his blazer. | 怎么会称赞他的帽子呢 |
[09:07] | Peace offering? | 和好吧 |
[09:08] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[09:09] | Look, I’m sorry I told you | 听着 很抱歉我跟你说 |
[09:10] | that Mom picked me for the toast and not you. | 妈妈选我致祝酒词而不是你 |
[09:12] | It’s just that | 我只是觉得 |
[09:14] | I’ve always had a special relationship with her. | 我和她一直有一种很特殊的联系 |
[09:15] | Sure, like the one between a witch and her flying monkey. | 当然了 就像女巫和飞猴的关系一样 |
[09:18] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[09:18] | Don’t use “The Wizard of Oz” against me. | 别用《绿野仙踪》酸我 |
[09:20] | Mom manipulates you. | 妈妈爱摆布你 |
[09:22] | She uses you against the rest of us. | 她利用你来对付我们其他人 |
[09:24] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 真不知道你在说什么 |
[09:25] | Oh, God, if only I could think of an example. | 天 我想个例子 |
[09:27] | Oh, wait, here’s one of 30. | 等等 这是三十个例子之一 |
[09:29] | She blew off Alex’s graduation, but she didn’t tell us. | 她翘了艾丽克斯的毕业典礼却没告诉我们 |
[09:32] | She made you do it | 她逼你来说 |
[09:32] | so we would all dump on you instead of her. | 这样我们所有人就都会指责你而不是她 |
[09:35] | And now she bans me from giving a toast, | 这次她不让我致祝酒词 |
[09:38] | and we’re fighting about it. | 我们俩却在为此争执 |
[09:40] | Come on. She’s using you like a human shield. | 得了吧 她把你当肉盾利用 |
[09:41] | Does that seem like a healthy relationship? | 这算是健康的关系吗 |
[09:44] | Why don’t you give that some thought | 好好想想吧 |
[09:45] | while you’re getting me a refill? | 顺便再给我倒一杯来 |
[09:47] | When did you even drink that? | 你什么时候喝光的 |
[09:47] | You’ve been talking the whole time. | 明明一直在说话 |
[09:50] | Fine. I don’t get anything. | 好吧 根本没信号 |
[09:52] | No… Hey, pal. | 别 伙计 |
[09:53] | Before you call your dad, | 先别给你爸打电话 |
[09:54] | what I was saying about Dede | 我刚才关于迪迪的言论 |
[09:56] | was me just covering up because I lost | 只是在掩饰而已 因为我失去了 |
[09:58] | the greatest, most stable person I’ve ever known. | 最美好 最持重的人 |
[10:01] | But you seemed so angry. | 可你看上去很生气 |
[10:03] | It’s because I can’t get over her. | 因为我放不下她 |
[10:04] | I’ve tried everything — | 我试了所有方法 |
[10:05] | therapy, pills, electricity. | 理疗 吃药 电击 |
[10:07] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:08] | It’s just that I miss her so much. | 我只是太想她了 |
[10:10] | I-I’m gonna see the luckiest man in the world | 我将见到世界上最幸运的男人 |
[10:12] | marry the most wonderful woman in the world, | 迎娶世界上最美好的女人 |
[10:14] | and I have nobody. | 而我却孤身一人 |
[10:15] | Excuse me, sir. | 不好意思 先生 |
[10:17] | This woman says she’s your wife. | 这位女士说她是你妻子 |
[10:19] | Never seen her before. | 我不认识她 |
[10:21] | But here’s someone I do know — my son, Mitchell. | 但我认识这位 我儿子 米奇尔 |
[10:25] | Mitchell and Dede are great pals. | 米奇尔和迪迪是密友 |
[10:26] | Tell these lovely folks about your mother. | 给这些朋友介绍一下你妈妈 |
[10:28] | She’s a scheming dragon woman | 她是个腹黑的女魔头 |
[10:29] | hell-bent on destroying everyone around her. | 拼命摧毁她身边的所有人 |
[10:31] | You pick today to realize that?! | 你一定要选在今天觉悟吗 |
[10:33] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:33] | I finally got him to see Mom | 我终于让他看清了 |
[10:35] | for who she really is — a nasty, old nutjob. | 妈妈真正的样子 险恶的老疯子 |
[10:38] | But she’s someone else’s problem now, huh? | 但她现在是其他人的烦恼了 |
[10:40] | Wait a minute. You know what? | 等一下 你知道吗 |
[10:41] | I don’t know these people, either. | 我也不认识这些人 |
[10:43] | Let’s go. Excuse me. | 走吧 失陪 |
[10:43] | Pardon us. | 失陪 |
[10:46] | Hi. I’m Haley. | 你好 我叫海莉 |
[10:47] | Pleasure. I’m a massive fraud. | 很高兴见到你 我是个大骗子 |
[10:49] | Sounds like you need a drink. | 听起来你需要喝一杯 |
[10:51] | I’m not sure that’s a good idea. | 我不觉得那是个好主意 |
[10:52] | I used to have something of a… | 我以前会用… |
[10:53] | Oh, come on. I feel weird drinking alone. | 来嘛 我觉得一个人喝很奇怪 |
[10:56] | I don’t. I just wanted him to pay. | 我不觉得 我只是想让他买单 |
[10:58] | The last time I was this bladdered, | 上一次我喝那么醉的时候 |
[11:00] | I parked my fist right in Salman Rushdie’s smug gob. | 我暴揍了萨曼·拉什迪那个自命不凡的家伙 |
[11:05] | Do you know Adele? | 你知道阿黛尔吗 |
[11:07] | – There he is. – Hey. Just checking in. Hi. | -他在这里 -过来看一眼 |
[11:11] | Ooh, celebrating solving your problem? | 在庆祝自己解决了难题吗 |
[11:13] | After 10 years of paralyzing writer’s block, | 在才思枯竭中煎熬了十年之后 |
[11:16] | I at last felt that I was drinking | 我以为自己终于能够 |
[11:17] | directly from the teat of the muse. | 直接获得灵感缪斯的哺育 |
[11:20] | But she was no muse. | 但她不是缪斯 |
[11:21] | She was a succubus. | 她是妖魔 |
[11:23] | Such a gift for language. | 真有语言天分 |
[11:24] | At the next stop, I’m going to burn this book. | 在下一站 我就要烧掉这本书 |
[11:27] | That is bad-ass. | 太有种了 |
[11:29] | No! What? | 不 什么 |
[11:30] | Yes. It will be the last act of my career. | 是的 这将会是我职业生涯的最后一笔 |
[11:33] | Well, not counting the panel discussion in Portland. | 别算上在波特兰的专题讨论会 |
[11:36] | It would be rude to cancel. | 取消掉就太无礼了 |
[11:37] | There’s a wine-and-cheese reception. | 招待会上有葡萄酒和奶酪 |
[11:38] | You have to finish. | 你必须写完它 |
[11:40] | What if we proved it could happen? | 如果我们能证明它可行呢 |
[11:43] | Maybe there’s another way | 也许还有别的方法 |
[11:44] | for the murderer to get to the caboose and back. | 能让杀人犯去到最后一节车厢再回来 |
[11:47] | I’ve filled the train with characters | 火车上全都是 |
[11:49] | who cannot know that the engineer has left his post. | 无法知道工程师留下邮件的角色 |
[11:51] | It’s hopeless! | 没有希望了 |
[11:53] | Wait. Did we just stop? | 等等 我们停下来了吗 |
[11:54] | – No. I don’t think so. – No. Mnh-mnh. | -不 我不觉得 -没有 |
[12:03] | Look how beautiful California is. | 看看加利福尼亚多美呀 |
[12:05] | The best part about taking the train, | 乘坐火车最美妙的地方 |
[12:07] | as I often do for my work with, uh, the children, | 就像我常常跟 孩子们说的一样 |
[12:11] | has got to be the scenery. | 就是风景了 |
[12:12] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[12:13] | What’s your favorite spot? | 你最喜欢的景点是哪里 |
[12:14] | Well, I’d have to say the spot where, uh… | 我觉得必须是… |
[12:17] | the Rio Grande pours into Lake Superior. | 格兰德河倾入苏必利尔湖的景色 |
[12:20] | Huh. I don’t think I’ve seen that. | 我好像没见过 |
[12:22] | Can you excuse me for just a pinch? | 能容许我失陪一小会吗 |
[12:24] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:32] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[12:33] | Getting swollen ’cause that’s how you close. | 让自己变得丰盈 那样才能更进一步 |
[12:36] | Oh, by the way, | 顺便说一句 |
[12:38] | if you see a tie on our door, Luke’s starting to score. | 要是一条领带挂在门前 那就是卢克开始得分了 |
[12:41] | It’s a little hard to root for you right now. | 现在就为你加油有点困难 |
[12:45] | So, where were we? | 我们说到哪了 |
[12:47] | Is this your first time seeing the Central Coast, Big Sur? | 这是你第一次来大苏尔海岸线吗 |
[12:50] | No, it’s not, little miss. | 不 不是的 小姐 |
[12:52] | I can’t wait to watch the sunset over the Andes tonight. | 我等不及要观赏今晚安第斯山脉上的日落了 |
[12:56] | Not like my view right now isn’t fantastic. | 虽然现在我面前的景色也很秀美 |
[12:58] | You’re cute. | 你很可爱 |
[13:00] | You know, if you’re into it, | 如果你喜欢 |
[13:02] | I think I could show you a few things. | 我想我可以给你看点东西 |
[13:05] | Uh… It’s a little loud in here. | 这里有点吵 |
[13:08] | Maybe we should go somewhere more quiet. | 也许我们该去个安静的地方 |
[13:10] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[13:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:14] | Trains. | 火车 |
[13:18] | You’re so serious. | 你很专注 |
[13:20] | I want to make sure I capture your beauty. | 我想尽可能地画出你的美 |
[13:22] | Can I see yet? | 我可以看看吗 |
[13:23] | I hope you like it. | 希望你喜欢 |
[13:30] | So, he’s not an artist. Who cares? | 他不是艺术家 谁在乎呢 |
[13:40] | People in first class think they have it made | 头等舱的人以为 |
[13:41] | with their early boarding and their slightly cleaner seats. | 提早登舱和稍稍干净一点的座位就代表着成功 |
[13:47] | But they don’t know what living is. | 但他们不懂生活 |
[13:58] | I’ll take a long line for the bathroom | 我愿为上卫生间排长队 |
[14:00] | if that bathroom is in heaven. | 如果那卫生间在天堂 |
[14:05] | I’m so glad you came back here. | 很高兴你能来这里 |
[14:07] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[14:10] | This feels weird. | 感觉很奇怪 |
[14:11] | Do you have a compartment? | 你有包间吗 |
[14:13] | I do, but how will you get up there? | 我有 但你要怎么过来呢 |
[14:15] | I’ll find a way. | 我会有办法的 |
[14:17] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[14:20] | Oh, by the way, I’m in compartment 18B, | 另外 我在18B间 |
[14:23] | as in, “Boy, are you cute.” | 也就是”男孩你太可爱了” |
[14:26] | Idiot. Just keep walking. | 我真是傻 快走吧 |
[14:28] | Got it. | 可以了 |
[14:29] | I have a signal. | 我有信号了 |
[14:30] | – Oh, good. – Guys, guys, guys, come on. | -太好了 -各位 各位 别这样 |
[14:31] | The only signal we need is this. | 我们唯一需要的信号是这个 |
[14:34] | My kids in the back — they don’t hate Dede. | 我的孩子们 他们并不讨厌迪迪 |
[14:36] | They’re preparing a roast for the wedding. | 他们在为婚礼准备烧烤 |
[14:38] | That’s how our family shows love. | 那是我们家表达爱的方式 |
[14:39] | You’ll get a taste of it at the reception. | 你们会在宴会上尝到的 |
[14:41] | What are you, Italian? | 你们是哪国人 意大利吗 |
[14:42] | We’ll do a whole thing, | 我们会做全套的 |
[14:43] | unless you shoot the place up first. | 除非你们学《教父》扫射现场 |
[14:44] | Oh. See? That kind of stuff. | 看到没 就是这样 |
[14:46] | Jay Pritchett, I am going to strangle you! | 杰·普里契特 我要掐死你 |
[14:49] | I don’t know why you’re pretending | 我不知道为什么你假装 |
[14:50] | that you don’t know me, | 你不认识我 |
[14:51] | but I’m sure it’s for some stupid and selfish reason! | 但我敢肯定你是为了什么愚蠢又自私的理由 |
[14:54] | She really is your wife? | 她真的是你妻子吗 |
[14:55] | For now. | 暂时是 |
[14:56] | Pretty soon, you’re gonna be getting on a train | 很快 你就会坐上一辆 |
[14:58] | to my next wedding. | 开往我下场婚礼的列车 |
[15:00] | You’re driving me insane. | 你快逼疯我了 |
[15:02] | Oh, I see what’s going on. | 我懂了 |
[15:03] | Don’t listen to her. | 别听她的 |
[15:04] | Dede’s not crazy. You are. | 迪迪并没有疯 你疯了 |
[15:07] | Sure. That works. | 当然 也可以 |
[15:08] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[15:09] | Oh, I’m Carl. | 我是卡尔 |
[15:10] | Uh, my father’s marrying Dede. | 我父亲要跟迪迪结婚 |
[15:12] | Yes, he is, and let’s celebrate. | 是的 他要结婚 一起庆祝吧 |
[15:13] | Drinks on me. | 喝什么我买单 |
[15:14] | What the heck. | 没关系了 |
[15:15] | And, again, I’m sorry to have worried you guys about Dede. | 再次 很抱歉我让你们担心迪迪的事 |
[15:17] | Oh, please. | 别这样 |
[15:18] | It’s not like Carl’s father is such a prize. | 卡尔的爸爸也不是什么善茬 |
[15:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[15:22] | He snapped and burned your mom’s house down. | 他打砸抢烧了你妈妈的房子 |
[15:23] | She’s kidding. | 她在开玩笑 |
[15:24] | Uh, we’re doing a roast, too. | 我们也准备了烧烤 |
[15:26] | Yeah, right. Your mother was almost a roast. | 是啊 你妈妈就差点变烧猪了 |
[15:35] | We needed to prove that the crime was feasible, | 我们要证明这场犯罪是可行的 |
[15:37] | so I would play the role of engineer/murderer. | 所以我要假扮工程师兼杀人犯的角色 |
[15:41] | And I would play the role of everyone else. | 而我要假扮其他所有人的角色 |
[15:43] | When my hometown theater’s production of “Robin Hood” | 我家乡剧院出品的《罗宾汉》 |
[15:45] | was lacking a leading lady, I stepped into the role | 缺女主演的时候 我除了扮演修士 |
[15:48] | of Maid Marian in addition to playing the Friar. | 还顺带出演了一下女仆玛丽安的角色 |
[15:51] | – Tuck? – Didn’t have to. | -塔克吗 -其实本没有必要 |
[15:51] | The costume hid it quite nicely. | 戏服掩饰得很好 |
[15:58] | Sunday dinner! | 我周日了狗了 |
[16:00] | What?! | 什么 |
[16:01] | The Turkish ambassador’s bodyguard | 那个土耳其大使的保镖 |
[16:02] | was instructed to neutralize anyone who looks suspicious. | 得到命令要干掉所有可疑人员 |
[16:07] | What? | 什么 |
[16:08] | It’s Turkish for “From the top.” | 土耳其语 从头开始的意思 |
[16:09] | I have a lot of downtime while you’re resetting. | 你回来前我实在是太无聊了 |
[16:13] | Woof! | 汪 |
[16:14] | Did you forget Count Maxim du Vernay | 难道你忘了马克西姆·杜维纳伯爵 |
[16:16] | brought his service Shar-pei? | 带了他的沙皮犬吗 |
[16:18] | If I’m being honest, I skimmed that part. | 说实话 那部分我没读 |
[16:21] | Again! | 重来 |
[16:27] | Hi. You ready for me? | 你好 准备好了吗 |
[16:29] | I believe I’ve Googled everything I need to know. | 我自认为已经查了所有该知道的东西 |
[16:37] | So, let’s get started. | 那我们就开始吧 |
[16:43] | This is California. | 这是加利福尼亚 |
[16:45] | Lake Superior is here, all the way across — | 苏必利尔湖在这里 横跨… |
[16:48] | Are you trying to take off my shoe? | 你在脱我的鞋吗 |
[16:50] | I thought you wanted to show me things. | 我以为你想给我看什么东西 |
[16:52] | I do. | 是啊 |
[16:53] | I’m a geography teacher, and, boy, do you need one. | 我是个地理老师 孩子 你真需要补补课了 |
[16:59] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[17:00] | If her new husband is an arsonist, | 如果她的新丈夫是个纵火犯 |
[17:02] | you guys have to tell her. | 那你们必须告诉她 |
[17:03] | Everybody, calm down. The guy burned down one house. | 各位 冷静点 那家伙烧过一座房子 |
[17:06] | He’s not in jail, so he’s got the government’s A-okay. | 他没进监狱 说明他在政府有人 |
[17:09] | I recently discovered I have some issues with Mom, | 我最近发觉妈妈有点问题 |
[17:11] | but I love her. | 但我爱她 |
[17:12] | I don’t want her to wake up in a burning house | 我不希望她在一所燃烧的房子里醒来 |
[17:13] | just so you don’t have to pay alimony. | 尽管她婚后你就不用再付赡养费了 |
[17:15] | I love Mom, too… usually. | 我也爱妈妈 通常情况下 |
[17:18] | But if this wedding doesn’t happen, | 但如果婚礼取消 |
[17:19] | you know where she’s gonna end up in 10 years — | 你知道未来十年她会去哪 |
[17:21] | su casa or…my…casa. | 不是你家就是我家 |
[17:24] | Besides, the first wife obviously drove the guy nuts. | 而且 他的第一任妻子令他发了疯 |
[17:28] | How do we know your mother’s gonna — | 我们怎么知道你母亲… |
[17:30] | Oh, geez. | 老天 |
[17:34] | Luke, you’re such a quick learner. | 卢克 你学得可真快 |
[17:37] | Thanks. I had no idea that was there. | 谢谢 我原来不知道这地方就在那儿 |
[17:43] | Come in. | 请进 |
[17:47] | Is that you? | 是你吗 |
[17:49] | I’ll be out in a second. | 我马上就出来 |
[17:51] | This is so naughty. | 真是太淘气了 |
[17:53] | I was going to see Alex and let her down easy. | 我打算去见艾丽克斯 劝她放弃 |
[17:55] | I mean, she’s family. It’s taboo. | 她是我的家人 这是乱伦 |
[17:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:58] | I shouldn’t be judgy, especially when, you know, trains. | 我不该评头论足的 尤其是在火车上 |
[18:05] | Ooh. Dark. I like it. | 真黑 我喜欢 |
[18:11] | I-I was going to let you down! | 我是来拒绝你的[失去性致] |
[18:12] | You sure did! | 你做到了 |
[18:14] | Well, your hat was garish. | 你的帽子太显眼了 |
[18:17] | Excuse me. | 请问 |
[18:18] | Have any of you guys seen the guy | 你们中是否有人看见 |
[18:19] | I was dancing with earlier? | 刚才跟我一起跳舞的人 |
[18:21] | So, it turns out James got off right after I left him. | 结果是 我离开后詹姆斯就下车了 |
[18:24] | On a possibly unrelated note, my wallet is gone. | 说句题外话 我的钱包不见了 |
[18:29] | Trains. | 火车 |
[18:30] | Mr. Hastings, we did it. | 黑斯廷斯先生 我们做到了 |
[18:32] | We made it to the caboose and back without being seen. | 我们到了厨房又回来了 没被别人发现 |
[18:36] | Your book works. | 你设计的情节是可行的 |
[18:37] | I can’t believe it. Are you sure? | 真不敢相信 你们确定吗 |
[18:38] | – Yes! – Yes. It’s a combination of slithering, clever disguise, | -是的 -是的 结合了渺小 智慧和伪装 |
[18:41] | and not to write the book for you, | 不是对您的写作提什么建议 |
[18:42] | but it would help if the Count had a wooden hand. | 但如果伯爵有只义肢 会很有帮助的 |
[18:44] | Well, I was sort of in that area anyway. | 我也正有此意 |
[18:46] | A thousand thank-yous. | 真是万分感谢 |
[18:49] | Silverton lives! | 锡尔弗敦活下来了 |
[18:50] | Yay! | 太棒了 |
[18:52] | Oh, you guys are doing that book thing, right? | 你们几个在研究书的事吧 |
[18:55] | – Yeah. – Well, I don’t know if this helps at all, | -是啊 -不知道是否能帮上忙 |
[18:57] | but I was just talking to the engineer. | 不过刚才我跟司机谈过 |
[18:59] | It turns out he can’t leave the controls | 结果是 他不能离开驾驶室 |
[19:00] | because of what’s called a dead man’s switch. | 因为那个叫驾驶失知制动装置的东西 |
[19:03] | If he takes his foot off of it, the whole train stops. | 如果他离开那里 整辆火车就会停下来 |
[19:06] | Anyway, you’re welcome. | 不用谢我 |
[19:12] | If the engineer can’t leave the controls, then… | 如果司机不能离开驾驶室 那么… |
[19:16] | He can’t commit the murder. | 他就不能实施谋杀 |
[19:18] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[19:18] | Hastings, we are so sorry. | 黑斯廷斯 我们很抱歉 |
[19:21] | It’s time to rid myself | 是时候摆脱这 |
[19:23] | of this 500-hundred page stain. | 五百页的废纸了 |
[19:26] | Wait! No! No, no, no, no! | 等等 不要 |
[19:27] | – No! No, no! – Open, damn you! | -不 不要 -该死 怎么打不开 |
[19:28] | Wait! Wait! | 等等 |
[19:29] | Is that the back of the train? | 那是火车尾吗 |
[19:33] | Yep. This is the famous horseshoe turn. | 没错 这就是著名的”马蹄转角” |
[19:36] | Only two of them in the continental United States, | 在美国境内只有两处 |
[19:38] | one of which is here in California, | 其中一处就是在加利福尼亚 |
[19:40] | which is in North America. | 而加利福尼亚在北美 |
[19:41] | Sadly, I know all of this now. | 呜呼哀哉 现在我都知道了 |
[19:44] | That’s it. | 就是这 |
[19:45] | The engineer — he never has to leave the controls. | 司机从没离开驾驶室 |
[19:47] | He waits for the horseshoe turn. | 他等到了马蹄转角 |
[19:49] | Then he plugs the Earl in the caboose. | 就把伯爵一枪干死在最后一节车厢里 |
[19:51] | I heard it. | 听起来有点怪 |
[19:52] | This is brilliant! | 这简直太秒了 |
[19:54] | I can’t believe you two clowns have saved my book. | 真不敢相信你们两个小丑救了我的书 |
[19:57] | Actually, it’s just one clown. | 其实 只有我是小丑 |
[20:00] | One magician. | 我是魔术师 |
[20:02] | – Hey, Mom! Hi! – Hi, Mom! | -老妈 -好啊 老妈 |
[20:04] | Well, hello, original family. | 原有的家人们 你们好 |
[20:06] | Dede, we have something we have to tell you. | 迪迪 我们有事要告诉你 |
[20:08] | Now, I know there’s a delicate way to say this. | 我知道有更委婉的方式可以用 |
[20:10] | Just can’t think of it. | 只不过我没去想 |
[20:11] | Your fiancé’s a pyro. | 你的未婚夫是个纵火犯 |
[20:14] | He burnt down his ex-wife’s house. | 他烧了他前妻的房子 |
[20:16] | It’s just like you three to try to ruin my big day. | 你们三个就想毁了我的好日子 |
[20:20] | Mom, we just thought you should know. | 妈妈 我们认为你应该知道 |
[20:22] | Jerry told me everything. | 杰瑞什么都告诉我了 |
[20:23] | Trust me. She had it coming. | 相信我 那个女人罪有应得 |
[20:25] | The woman’s “Cah-razy.” | 那女人是个疯子 |
[20:26] | So, you’re okay he’s a firebug? | 所以你不介意他是个纵火犯吗 |
[20:28] | He’s passionate, Jay. | 他充满激情 杰 |
[20:30] | He knows how to express his feelings, unlike you. | 他知道该怎么宣泄自己的情感 不像你 |
[20:34] | Maybe if you had burned our house down, | 如果你也能烧了我们的房子 |
[20:36] | we’d still be together. | 或许我们现在还在一起 |
[20:37] | My mistake. You’re right, Dede. | 是我的错 你说得对 迪迪 |
[20:39] | Great, Mom. See you at the wedding. | 很好 妈妈 婚礼上见 |
[20:40] | Bye. Claire, you’re not mad at me | 再见 克莱尔 我为你安排的座位 |
[20:42] | about your seating arrangements? | 你不会生气吧 |
[20:44] | Why? Where am I sitting? | 为什么生气 我坐在哪里 |
[20:45] | Mitchell, tell her. | 米奇尔 你来告诉她 |
[20:46] | Got to run. | 我挂了 |
[20:49] | You’re not sitting at the family table. | 你不会坐在家人桌上 |
[20:51] | Hello! | 记好咯 |
[20:56] | Phil sent me his Silverton fan fiction, | 菲尔寄给我他的锡尔弗敦同人小说 |
[20:58] | “Open House, Closed Casket.” | 《开放日·密闭之棺》 |
[21:01] | “He looked up at the pristine crown molding | 他抬头看见这伟大房间中 |
[21:03] | in the great room and felt the breeze | 原本的天花板线 呼吸到 |
[21:04] | of the recently updated central air. | 刚修缮过的中央空调中排放出的空气 |
[21:07] | ‘Mrs. Coruthers, just as this desirable corner lot | 克拉泽斯夫人 在这令人向往的小房里 |
[21:10] | was split in half, so, too, is Mr. Coruthers.’ | 被劈成两半了 克拉泽斯先生亦是如此 |
[21:15] | The widow gasped and steadied herself | 寡妇喘着气靠在 |
[21:16] | on the granite kitchen island, a fitting metaphor | 花岗岩厨房岛旁 恰如其分地表现出 |
[21:19] | for how alone she felt, despite being walking distance | 她内心的孤独感 尽管她正路过 |
[21:22] | to a vibrant shopping district and wonderful schools.” | 生机勃勃的商业区和优秀的学校 |
[21:26] | I’ve been avoiding him for the last two weeks. | 这两周我一直在躲着他 |
[21:29] | Don’t answer that! | 别接电话 |