时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Oh! Oh. Good morn-ing. | 早上…好 |
[00:09] | How did I spend my summer vacation? | 我怎么度过暑假的 |
[00:10] | I got over my breakup with Andy. | 我熬过了跟安迪分手的失恋期 |
[00:12] | I got a job at Grandpa’s country club. | 我在爷爷的乡村俱乐部找了份工作 |
[00:14] | – I got mono. – Too close! | -我得了接吻病 -太近了 |
[00:14] | 传染性单核细胞增多症 主要由唾液传染 好发于青少年 具有传染性 | |
[00:16] | Put your mask on! | 快戴上你的口罩 |
[00:18] | No one misses two weeks at Caltech and catches up. | 加州理工从来没有人缺课两周还能跟上进度 |
[00:20] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办啊 |
[00:22] | Well, honey, I think you need to focus | 亲爱的 我觉得你要专心想办法 |
[00:23] | on getting a little bit stronger, | 变得更坚强一点 |
[00:25] | a little bit healthier and just a little farther. | 更健康一点 然后更远一点 |
[00:28] | How do nerds even get mono? | 书呆宅女怎么会得这种病啊 |
[00:29] | Did you all practice by kissing the same pillow? | 难道你们是跟同一个枕头练习接吻吗 |
[00:31] | Shouldn’t you be at work by now? | 你现在不是应该在工作了吗 |
[00:33] | I got fired. | 我被炒了 |
[00:34] | My plan was to hide it from my parents until I got a new job, | 我打算找到新工作后再告诉我爸妈 |
[00:37] | but with smarty-pants Alex home, | 但是爱耍聪明的艾丽克斯在家 |
[00:38] | I had to be more careful, or she was going to figure it out. | 我得更小心一点 不然她会发现的 |
[00:41] | Her being super-sick is coming at a really bad time for me. | 她病得这么重对我来说简直太不是时候了 |
[00:45] | You got in late last night, huh? | 你昨晚很晚到家啊 |
[00:47] | Yeah. It was payday, | 对啊 昨天是发薪日 |
[00:48] | and a game of craps broke out in the kitchen. | 厨房里一言不合就开始骰子大战 |
[00:50] | See this watch? Enrique’s grandfather’s. | 看到这块儿表了吗 恩里克的爷爷的 |
[00:53] | You’re giving it back, and remember, the second that job | 你得还回去 还有记住 那份工作 |
[00:55] | interferes with your grades, you’re done. | 要是影响了你的成绩 你就得辞职 |
[00:57] | Did you finish your history report? | 你写完历史报告了吗 |
[00:58] | Just got to dot the I’s and cross the T’s… | 边边角角再补充一下 |
[01:01] | and put in all the other letters. | 然后再补上其他所有字就行啦 |
[01:03] | It’s okay, everybody! | 没事的 各位 |
[01:05] | I’m alive! | 我还活着 |
[01:09] | I had a traumatic experience after an open house. | 开放参观日结束后 我有了段惨痛的经历 |
[01:13] | Have a good one. | 祝你们愉快 |
[01:32] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[01:54] | Monday lunch, Monday dinner. | 周一午餐 周一晚餐 |
[01:57] | Tuesday breakfast, Tuesday lunch. | 周二早餐 周二午餐 |
[02:08] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[02:10] | Open house went great. Lots of interested buyers. | 开放参观非常顺利 来了很多感兴趣的买家 |
[02:13] | Fun fact — Some stranger, probably a long time ago, | 好玩的事实 在很久很久以前 |
[02:15] | wrote their last will and testament right here on your wall. | 有人在你们家墙上写下了遗嘱与遗言 |
[02:19] | Trust me on this. | 放着我来 |
[02:22] | Did nobody notice I was gone for 18 hours? | 没人发现我消失了18个小时吗 |
[02:24] | Why aren’t you all making posters? | 你们怎么没在制作寻人启事啊 |
[02:26] | I figured you were in your office. | 我以为你在办公室呢 |
[02:28] | I went to bed really early last night, | 我昨晚很早就睡了 |
[02:29] | and when I woke up this morning, I thought you’d gone for a run. | 我今早起床的时候 以为你去跑步了 |
[02:32] | Alex? I can’t believe this! | 艾丽克斯呢 难以置信 |
[02:34] | Well, honey, the important thing is that you are okay. | 亲爱的 重要的是你没事 |
[02:37] | Now, I’m very sorry, but I’ve got to get to work. | 我很抱歉 但是我得去上班了 |
[02:39] | We are bidding a big job against my old nemesis, | 我们要跟老对手衣柜衣柜衣柜衣柜公司 |
[02:42] | Closets, Closets, Closets, Closets. | 竞标一个大项目 |
[02:44] | I’m back in there. | 这名字让我噩梦重现啊 |
[02:59] | I want to live outside. | 我想住在外面 |
[03:01] | No, Senor, we’re not having that argument anymore. | 不行 先生 我们不要再争这个事了 |
[03:03] | Mowgli lives outside. | 毛克利就住在外面 |
[03:04] | Is Mowgli that dirty kid at his preschool | 毛克利就是他幼儿园里那个 |
[03:07] | whose parents drive the car that runs on French fry oil? | 父母开炸薯条油驱动车的脏小孩吗 |
[03:09] | No. It’s that dirty kid that runs around “The Jungle Book.” | 不是 是《丛林奇谭》书里跑来跑去的脏小孩 |
[03:12] | Jay, tell him he can’t. | 杰 告诉他不可以住外面 |
[03:14] | First time I saw “Tarzan,” I wanted to live outside. | 我第一次看《人猿泰山》的时候 也想住外面 |
[03:17] | Dad said fine. I walked in the woods, met a hobo. | 老爸说可以 我就走进森林里 认识了个流浪汉 |
[03:20] | Taught me how to open a can with a bird’s beak. | 他教我用鸟喙开罐头 |
[03:22] | That story’s not helping! | 这故事可没有帮助 |
[03:24] | I’m doing it. | 我非去不可 |
[03:25] | No! Jay! | 不行 杰 |
[03:26] | Of course not. | 当然不行 |
[03:27] | Why learn self-reliance when the industrial machine | 为何要学习自力更生 |
[03:29] | depends on constant consumption? | 工业机器就仰仗不断的消耗不是吗 |
[03:31] | No eggs for me. I’ll be having porridge. | 我不吃蛋了 我喝粥 |
[03:33] | Are you really still doing this? | 你还要继续来这套吗 |
[03:35] | Over the summer, I went to a wedding in Ju·rez and met Frida, | 这个夏天 我去华雷斯参加婚礼时认识了弗里达 |
[03:38] | this amazing girl who enlightened me | 这个超棒的姑娘启发了我 |
[03:40] | to how Communism can rid the world of injustice. | 共产主义会如何消除世界上的不公 |
[03:44] | Mm. What a beautiful reception. | 多华丽的婚宴啊 |
[03:46] | Yeah. | 可不 |
[03:47] | Oh, right. That’s a bad thing. | 对 这不是好事 |
[03:50] | I live simply now, and it’s good for me. | 我现在生活很朴素 对我也有好处 |
[03:52] | Might it also help my chance of kissing her one day? Yes. | 这可能助我有朝一日亲到她吗 是的 |
[03:55] | And if that requires living in a world | 如果这意味着我必须生活在一个 |
[03:57] | where the government chooses all our songs, so be it. | 由政府选择我们所有歌曲的世界 也没关系 |
[04:00] | I’m gonna take a coffee | 我要端杯咖啡 |
[04:01] | to the guy putting up the security cameras. | 给装监控摄像头的家伙 |
[04:03] | It’s not coffee the laborers need, Jay. It’s dignity. | 劳动者需要的不是咖啡 杰 是尊严 |
[04:06] | And I’m going to fight for that | 我要为此抗争 |
[04:07] | until my fingers are raw and my back is bent. | 直到我擦破手指 压弯脊背 |
[04:09] | Six months ago, we took you to the dermatologist | 六个月前 你还因为泡了太多泡泡浴 |
[04:11] | for taking too many bubble baths. | 被我们带去看皮肤科医生 |
[04:15] | Brought you this. | 给你倒了杯咖啡 |
[04:16] | Oh, thanks. Almost done here. | 谢谢 快搞定了 |
[04:17] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[04:19] | Important thing is… | 重要的是… |
[04:23] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[04:25] | Guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[04:26] | A black family’s moving in right across the street | 我装上监控摄像头的同一天 |
[04:28] | the same day my security cameras are going up. | 对面搬来了一家黑人 |
[04:30] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 我也很无奈啊 |
[04:32] | I made the appointment weeks ago | 我几周前就预约了 |
[04:33] | right after the break-in down the street. | 这条街上发生了入室盗窃之后约的 |
[04:35] | But they’ll think I made the call the minute I saw them | 但他们会以为我是看到他们才安装 |
[04:37] | because I’m a racist old man. | 因为我是个种族歧视的老男人 |
[04:39] | Why would the neighbors just assume that you’re a racist? | 为什么邻居会假设你有种族歧视呢 |
[04:42] | Gloria, Gloria, Gloria. | 歌洛莉亚 歌洛莉亚 歌洛莉亚 |
[04:43] | You’ll never understand the stereotypes old white men face. | 你永远不会理解白人老男人所面临的成见 |
[04:48] | Goal! | 进了 |
[04:50] | Nice shot, Tom. | 好球 汤姆 |
[04:51] | Do you want to play with us? | 你想跟我们一起玩吗 |
[04:52] | You know, I’m off contact sports right now. | 我现在不玩硬汉接触性运动了 |
[04:54] | I twisted my ankle playing running charades, | 因为我玩跑步猜谜时把脚踝扭了 |
[04:56] | but you two should get ready for dance class. | 但你俩该准备去上舞蹈课了 |
[04:58] | Okay, go. Go, go, go! | 快点去 |
[05:04] | Okay, why do you look so satisfied? | 你为什么看起来这么心满意足 |
[05:06] | Did you just listen to an NPR story | 是不是刚听到证明 |
[05:07] | that proved you right about something? | 你某件事说对了的广播报道 |
[05:09] | No, no, but you know Tom, | 不 但你知道汤姆吧 |
[05:10] | the friend that Lily’s playing with? | 跟莉莉一起玩的朋友 |
[05:11] | Well, I know of him. We haven’t formally been introduced. | 我听说过 但莉莉还没正式介绍我们认识 |
[05:14] | Well, it turns out that Tom used to identify as…Tina. | 其实汤姆以前是女孩缇娜呢 |
[05:19] | Oh, I wish you wouldn’t have told me. | 真希望你没有告诉我这事 |
[05:20] | You know how proud I am of my gender identificadar. | 我本来对自己的性别识别雷达很自豪呢 |
[05:23] | Well, Tom’s been having some problems at school, | 汤姆在学校一直不太顺遂 |
[05:25] | and — and Lily has been really respectful of him. | 但莉莉一直都很尊重他 |
[05:28] | Oh, she is so sweet. | 她太贴心了 |
[05:29] | She really is. | 是的 |
[05:30] | She gets all the credit on this one. | 这一切全是她自己的功劳 |
[05:35] | This so doesn’t matter. | 谁的功劳真的不重要 |
[05:37] | We raised her to have an open mind. | 是我们教育她要勇于接受新事物 |
[05:39] | Totally. We deserve some kudos here, too. | 的确 我们也应该被点个赞 |
[05:41] | There’s enough kudos for everyone. | 点的赞够我们每人都有赞了 |
[05:43] | You know, a kudo would be an excellent name for a parenting award. | “点赞”会是杰出教育奖的绝妙名字啊 |
[05:46] | Oh, thank you, Gwyneth. | 谢谢你 格温妮丝 |
[05:49] | Lily, if you’re still watching, go to bed. | 莉莉 如果你还在看颁奖转播 快去睡觉 |
[05:51] | Get out of here, you weirdo! | 滚出去 你个怪胎 |
[06:03] | Part of being the boss is being a bummer. | 当扫兴鬼也是当老板的一部分 |
[06:09] | It was hard at first, but I’ve learned to accept it… | 一开始心里挺难受 但我逐渐学会了接受 |
[06:13] | mostly. | 通常都能吧 |
[06:15] | It’s really been… | 真的很… |
[06:18] | Margaret, you knew I was in here. | 玛格丽特 你明知道我就在这里 |
[06:20] | Sorry. I just had some messages. | 抱歉 我刚收到了一些消息 |
[06:23] | Uh-huh. Luke’s guidance counselor — | 卢克的辅导员说 |
[06:24] | Luke fell asleep in class again. | 卢克又在课上睡觉了 |
[06:27] | Haley’s car payment is late. | 海莉的汽车贷款迟交了 |
[06:29] | And the credit-card company. | 还有信用卡公司说 |
[06:30] | Phil made a large purchase | 菲尔在一家名为 |
[06:32] | on a Tibetan website called CopingCandles.Com. | 应对困难蜡烛网的西藏网站上进行了大采购 |
[06:36] | Tell the creative team to get their giggles out. | 让创意团队别嬉皮笑脸了 |
[06:37] | I’ll be ready for them in 10. | 我十分钟后就能见他们 |
[06:39] | But when you’ve been the bummer all day at work, | 但当你上班时一直是扫兴鬼 |
[06:41] | you don’t love having to be the bummer at home, too. | 在家时就不想也是这个身份 |
[06:45] | Hi, honey. Is your brother around? I need to yell at him. | 亲爱的 你弟弟在吗 我有事骂他几句 |
[06:48] | Of course he’s around. | 他当然在 |
[06:49] | Why would he leave me in peace | 他怎么可能会不吵我 |
[06:50] | to do some work at the kitchen table | 乖乖在餐桌上写点作业 |
[06:52] | when he could just barge in and — | 而不是强行冲进来… |
[06:53] | Luke! Game down! | 卢克 关掉游戏 |
[06:55] | This is your senior year, | 你今年读高三 |
[06:56] | also known as your last year to not suck. | 也是你能不当废柴的最后一年了 |
[06:58] | – Honey. – Dad, you hit “Place order” once, | -亲爱的 -爸爸 你点一下”提交订单” |
[07:01] | and then you wait for the confirmation. | 然后等着确认 |
[07:03] | – I’m sorry. – Don’t be sorry! Be smart! | -抱歉 -别抱歉 聪明点 |
[07:05] | That angry screeching | 那愤怒的怒吼 |
[07:07] | was the sweet sound of my new home bummer. | 是我家新任扫兴鬼传来的天籁之声 |
[07:10] | I’m just so tired and in pain and irritable. | 我好累 好痛苦 好烦躁 |
[07:12] | It just makes me so mad at everyone. | 这让我非常生所有人的气 |
[07:14] | Sorry for yelling, Mom. Why were you calling again? | 抱歉嚷嚷了 妈妈 你为什么打电话来 |
[07:17] | I forgot. | 我忘记了 |
[07:18] | Damn it, Mom! Write it down next time! | 去你的 妈妈 下次写下来 |
[07:23] | All right. | 好了 |
[07:25] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[07:27] | Okay. Don’t forget to give Funkmaster Linda her check | 好 别忘了给放克大师琳达 |
[07:29] | for today’s class. | 今天课程的支票 |
[07:30] | – Bye, Tom. – Bye, Tom. | -再见 汤姆 -再见 汤姆 |
[07:31] | Hey, Lily. Can you hang back a second? | 莉莉 你能待一会再下车吗 |
[07:34] | I shouldn’t. Linda says being late is wiggity-wack. | 我不该多待 琳达说迟到的人逊爆了 |
[07:36] | We just want to know why you called Tom a weirdo | 我们只是想知道你在家时为什么 |
[07:39] | back at the house. | 叫了汤姆怪胎 |
[07:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:41] | Okay, well, we don’t make fun of people who are different, okay? | 我们不能取笑跟我们不一样的人 好吗 |
[07:43] | – You know how hard it was for Daddy and me? – Yeah. | -你知道二爸和我有多艰难吗 -是啊 |
[07:46] | Growing up in Missouri, I was so mistreated | 我在保守的密苏里州长大 受尽了欺侮 |
[07:48] | that one of my best friends was an old scarecrow | 我最好的朋友之一是我在小溪里找到的 |
[07:49] | I found in the creek. | 一个老稻草人 |
[07:50] | Some of your stories would be more impactful | 你的故事要是少说点细节 |
[07:52] | with fewer details. | 会更有震撼力 |
[07:53] | Fine. I won’t do it again. Can I go now? | 好吧 我下次不会了 我可以走了吗 |
[07:55] | Okay, but — but do you understand why what you did is wrong? | 但你明白你做的事为什么错了吗 |
[07:57] | Yes! | 明白了 |
[08:00] | Well, this bothers me. | 心里好膈应啊 |
[08:01] | They’re getting along great, and then one little spat, | 他们本来处得很好 就因为起一点小争执 |
[08:03] | and her instinct is to go all baby bigot on him? | 她下意识就是喷出幼稚无知的话吗 |
[08:05] | Well — and I say this with love — | 我这话是带着爱说的 |
[08:08] | she did just get back from spending a full summer | 但她这整个夏天是和你保守老家的家人 |
[08:10] | with your family in Missouri. | 一起度过的 |
[08:12] | Oh. So we’re blaming my family, then? | 所以是要怪我的家人吗 |
[08:15] | I’m — I’m just saying maybe when she gets back from there, | 我只是想说 或许她从那里回来后 |
[08:17] | she needs to be reminded of our values. | 需要再提醒她我们的价值观 |
[08:19] | You know — un-hick her. | 你懂 反土逼化一下 |
[08:21] | Oh, the H-bomb! | 哎妈 土字都上来啦 |
[08:23] | Possibly the most offensive slur | 这大概是针对美国南方人 |
[08:24] | ever thrown around in the South. | 最冒犯人的侮辱词了吧 |
[08:26] | Well…y– | 是吗 还有… |
[08:28] | Look, I-I love those people, too, | 我喜欢那里的人啊 |
[08:29] | but you did just admit | 但你刚的确也承认了 |
[08:30] | they can be a little close-minded down there. | 他们可能有些守旧 |
[08:32] | Well, they are a little bit set in their ways. | 他们是有点老古板啦 |
[08:34] | It was actually illegal to run for mayor without a mustache | 1980年之前 没胡子的人去竞选市长 |
[08:36] | – until 1980. – See? It’s — | -是违法的 -瞧 |
[08:38] | – And then again from ’82 to ’85. – Okay. | -82年到85年也是这样 -好吧 |
[08:41] | Input. | 输入 |
[08:44] | Input! | 输入 |
[08:46] | Please don’t throw the remote again. | 请不要再扔遥控器了 |
[08:48] | Oh, I was just, like, trying to get signal. | 我只是在试着找信号 |
[08:51] | Don’t blame me about breaking the other ones. | 另外几个遥控器弄坏了又不能赖我 |
[08:54] | One got stepped on, | 有一个是意外被踩坏 |
[08:55] | and the other one fell down the garbage disposal. | 另一个是意外掉进食物打碎机 |
[08:58] | You’re not even trying. | 这些理由也太假了 |
[08:59] | Anyways, stop worrying about the remote control | 总之 别再担心你的遥控器了 |
[09:01] | and worry about your own dog. | 担心一下你的狗吧 |
[09:03] | She’s peeing in the corner. | 她在墙角撒尿 |
[09:04] | Maybe if you ever leave her outside, | 说不定你把她留在外面 |
[09:06] | she will guard us, and we wouldn’t need cameras. | 她就能看家护院 我们也不需要摄像头了 |
[09:09] | First of all, Stella’s not peeing in the corner, | 首先 斯黛拉并不会在墙角撒尿 |
[09:11] | because I housebroke her myself. | 因为她的如厕习惯是我亲自训练的 |
[09:12] | Second of all, no dog of mine should ever have to work. | 其次 我的狗永远不需要工作 |
[09:16] | There he is. There’s my old pal. | 他来了 我的老朋友 |
[09:17] | Jay. How you doing, huh? | 杰 你最近怎么样 |
[09:19] | I’m so glad you called. | 真高兴你能打给我 |
[09:20] | I haven’t been good about seeing people since Reynetta left. | 自从跟瑞内塔分手以后我就不怎么见朋友了 |
[09:23] | Did you hear? She started dating my brother! | 你听说了吗 她开始跟我弟约会了 |
[09:25] | Listen, it’s such a nice day. Let’s go outside. | 今天天气这么好 我们去外面聊吧 |
[09:28] | Isn’t your backyard nicer? | 你家后院环境不是更好吗 |
[09:29] | Nah. It’s all pool and chairs. | 没有啊 只有个泳池和一些椅子 |
[09:31] | So, how you been, buddy? | 所以你近来如何啊 兄弟 |
[09:32] | I want to tell you everything is okay so you won’t worry, | 我也想跟你说一切都好让你不用担心 |
[09:35] | but things have been real bad. | 可是情况真的太糟了 |
[09:36] | You know what might help? | 你知道有什么能帮助你吗 |
[09:37] | You pop that hat off, you get a little sun on your face. | 把帽子摘了 让你的脸接触阳光 |
[09:39] | Ooh! The sun is rough on my eyes. | 阳光太刺眼了 |
[09:43] | I cry almost every day. | 我几乎每天都哭 |
[09:45] | Pretty much, the only time I’m happy is when I clean my gun. | 基本上我只有擦枪的时候才会开心一点 |
[09:48] | Yeah, life, huh? Here, give me a hug. | 生活就是这样 给我一个拥抱吧 |
[09:49] | There you go. Oh. | 就是这样 |
[09:50] | There you go. You’re a good friend, Jay. | 就是这样 杰 你真是个好朋友 |
[09:52] | You got your own problems, but you’re right there for me. | 你自己也有很多麻烦 可你还是会帮我 |
[09:55] | Damn it! | 靠 |
[09:58] | Why do you need them to know you have a black friend? | 你为什么需要他们知道你有个黑人朋友 |
[10:00] | I’m putting security cameras in the same day they move in. | 我装摄像头的那天他们刚好搬进来 |
[10:02] | I’m mad about that, but it feels good to be held. | 这事我很生气 但是被抱抱的感觉挺好 |
[10:06] | Come here. | 过来 |
[10:07] | Come here. | 过来 |
[10:09] | Flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety — | 记忆重现 恶梦 焦虑 |
[10:12] | My imprisonment in the closet | 我被锁在壁橱里的经历 |
[10:14] | resulted in all the symptoms of PTSD. | 导致我出现了创伤后应激障碍的所有症状 |
[10:24] | My insurance company helped me to find a therapy dog | 我的保险公司帮我找了一条治疗犬 |
[10:27] | and agreed to cover everything, | 并且同意报销全部费用 |
[10:28] | and then they found out I wasn’t in the military. | 但他们发现我不是参军得病就取消了 |
[10:39] | Oh, boy. | 不是吧 |
[10:45] | Hey, Alex, honey, could you help me reset the router?! | 艾丽克斯 亲爱的你能帮我重启路由器吗 |
[10:56] | Oh! No. | 人家怕怕 |
[11:07] | Bad luck! Bad luck!! | 室内开伞要倒霉 要倒霉 |
[11:15] | Alex’s laptop had every piece of homework | 艾丽克斯的电脑里有她在高中 |
[11:17] | she ever did in high school. | 完成过的所有作业 |
[11:18] | It was the Holy Grail… | 简直就是传说中的圣杯 |
[11:20] | I think. | 是这么叫吧 |
[11:22] | Thanks to Alex’s hard work, | 多亏了艾丽克斯的当年努力 |
[11:23] | I don’t know what that is and never will. | 我这辈子都不需要知道那词的意思了 |
[11:30] | Not again! | 不能再来一次了 |
[11:33] | Oh, Dad, I didn’t know you were home. | 爸 我不知道你在家 |
[11:34] | Haley, thank God. | 海莉 谢天谢地 |
[11:35] | Could you reset the router for me? | 你能帮我重启路由器吗 |
[11:38] | I would, but I took a late lunch from work, | 我也想 可我午饭吃晚了 |
[11:39] | which I have to get back to work. | 我得赶紧回去上班了 |
[11:41] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -我没事 |
[11:43] | I think I’m just hyperventilating. | 我只是紧张导致换气过度了 |
[11:45] | Should pass in like 20 minutes or s-so. | 可能过个二十来分钟就好了 |
[11:49] | Okay, well, I’m gonna head back. | 好吧 我要回公司了 |
[11:51] | Wouldn’t want to be consistently late | 我也不能老是迟到 |
[11:53] | and get fired, right? | 结果被炒吧 |
[11:56] | Alex, honey. | 艾丽克斯 亲爱的 |
[12:04] | Good girl. | 乖孩子 |
[12:06] | Good girl. | 乖孩子[狗狗] |
[12:07] | Input! I know you can hear me | 输入 我知道你能听到我的话 |
[12:10] | because I can see your green light! | 因为我看到你闪绿光了 |
[12:11] | It’s like one of those videos where the pit bull | 感觉就像在看凶残比特犬跟小鸡 |
[12:13] | swims with the baby chick. | 一起游泳的视频一样 |
[12:14] | You just know something bad’s gonna happen. | 你知道肯定会有坏事发生 |
[12:16] | Where are your keys? I need the jumper cables. | 你的车钥匙呢 我需要从你车借电 |
[12:19] | – What happened? – I spent the last hour in my car, | -发生什么了 -我待了一个小时在车上 |
[12:21] | listening to the Commodores with my windows down, | 开窗听黑人放克乐团的歌 听到车没电 |
[12:24] | and the neighbors didn’t even come outside. | 结果我们的邻居都没出来过 |
[12:27] | That must be your good friends the Harlem Globetrotters. | 肯定是你的黑人好朋友哈林篮球队 |
[12:31] | – Hey. – Hey! | -你好 -你好 |
[12:33] | Gloria invited us to sit by the pool | 歌洛莉亚邀请我们到泳池边 |
[12:34] | till we have to pick up Lily at hip-hop. | 待到莉莉上完嘻哈课程 |
[12:36] | My Asian granddaughter takes a hip-hop class? | 我的亚洲孙女在学黑人音乐嘻哈吗 |
[12:39] | Why are we not talking about this in the front yard? | 我们为什么不去前院聊这件事呢 |
[12:41] | We brought cupcakes. Manny, cupcake? | 我们买了纸杯蛋糕 曼尼 吃纸杯蛋糕吗 |
[12:43] | Oh, I see. Fill my mouth with bourgie opiates | 我懂了 想拿中产阶级的鸦片堵住我的嘴 |
[12:45] | so I can’t speak for the people? | 好让我不能为人民说话吗 |
[12:46] | That was a lot. | 受不了啊 |
[12:47] | He’s trying to get a Communist girl to kiss him. | 他想让一个共产主义接班人的女孩儿亲他 |
[12:50] | We have our own kid problems. | 我们也有关于孩子的烦恼 |
[12:52] | I mean, we had an incident this afternoon | 今天下午莉莉跟汤姆玩耍期间 |
[12:53] | during Lily’s playdate with Tom, | 发生了一点小摩擦 |
[12:56] | who used to identify as… Tina. | 那孩子以前性别认同是”蒂娜” |
[12:58] | I don’t totally get the hand thing, but I like it. | 我不懂你为什么要做这种手势 不过我喜欢 |
[13:00] | They had a fight, and Lily said the worst possible thing. | 他们吵起来了 莉莉对他说了最不该骂的话 |
[13:03] | I mean, that poor boy’s been through enough. Mm. | 那可怜的男孩已经很惨了 |
[13:06] | Oh, I am sure that the parents have gone through a lot, too. | 他父母肯定也经历了很多困难 |
[13:09] | Sure. You just don’t get comfortable | 当然 那种事不可能是 |
[13:10] | with something like that overnight. | 一下子就能接受的 |
[13:13] | Let me ask you guys something. | 我问你们一个问题 |
[13:14] | If, someday, Lily wanted to be Lou | 如果某一天 莉莉想当卢[男生名] |
[13:17] | and had the whole chop-chop, bing-bang thing, | 然后去做了全套”切切拼拼”的手术 |
[13:20] | how would you be with that? | 你们会作何反应 |
[13:21] | – We love Lily. – Lou. | -我们爱莉莉 -是卢 |
[13:23] | We love Lou. | 我们爱卢 |
[13:24] | – And there’s nothing she could do — – He. | -无论她做任何事都不会 -是他 |
[13:26] | – He. -There’s nothing he could do | -他 -无论他做任何事 |
[13:27] | that would change that. | 都不会改变我们的爱 |
[13:29] | So you wouldn’t even need the minute that Tom’s parents did? | 所以你们不像汤姆爸妈那样需要时间适应 |
[13:33] | Well, no, no. Maybe a minute. | 也不是 也许需要一点时间 |
[13:34] | I mean, there’d-there’d be a lot of things that I’d be giving up | 有很多我多年来一直幻想要做的事 |
[13:36] | that I’ve always imagined doing, | 都不能实现了 |
[13:37] | like — like walking her down the aisle in her wedding dress. | 比如在婚礼上挽着身着婚纱的她走过红毯 |
[13:40] | – You know? – Or whispering in her husband’s ear | -你懂的 -或是低声在他老公耳边说 |
[13:41] | that he’ll never replace me. | 丫永远别想取代我 |
[13:42] | Well, that’s interesting, because the minute it took me | 这就有趣了 因为当初 |
[13:45] | to accept the fact that my son | 我也需要一点时间来接受 |
[13:46] | was living a different | 我儿子的生活 |
[13:47] | kind of life than the one that I anticipated, | 会和我所预期的不同 |
[13:49] | Mitchell called me an | 米奇尔却说我是个 |
[13:50] | old, straight, white bigot. | 老顽固白人直男 |
[13:53] | And now you’re just like me. | 而如今你们和我如出一辙 |
[13:58] | Oh, my God, Mitchell. Are we where Lily gets it? | 我天 米奇尔 难道莉莉是跟我们学的 |
[13:59] | Are we not as open-minded as we think? | 难道我们没有自以为的那么开明吗 |
[14:01] | But that’s our thing — lording our tolerance over others. | 可仗着自己开明对别人说教是咱的招牌啊 |
[14:03] | I guess what this proves is, | 我想这件事证明了 |
[14:05] | there’s a little bit of prejudice in everyone — | 每个人都或多或少心存偏见 |
[14:07] | you, me, | 无论是你 我 |
[14:08] | the neighbor across the street judging me for my cameras. | 还是街对面因为监控摄像头而评判我的邻居 |
[14:11] | I’m gonna do what I should have done at the beginning — | 我要去做我早就该做的事 |
[14:12] | talk to them. | 和他们把话说开 |
[14:13] | That’s not a good idea. | 那可不是个好主意 |
[14:14] | Watch me! | 你等着瞧 |
[14:17] | Joe, you’re not going to live outside! | 乔 我不会让你去野外生活的 |
[14:20] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[14:35] | Alex is never away from her laptop, | 艾丽克斯总是电脑不离身 |
[14:37] | so I had to steal assignments one at a time. | 所以我每次只能偷一份作业 |
[14:40] | I’m not proud of stealing, | 我并不以偷窃为荣 |
[14:41] | but I’m not unproud of how I’m stealing. | 但我也不是不以我的手法为傲 |
[14:55] | Oh, honey, I’m so sorry, | 宝贝 太对不起了 |
[14:57] | but now that you’re awake, | 但既然你醒了 |
[14:59] | what happened in here, huh? | 跟我说说家里发生什么事了 |
[15:01] | I’ll tell you what happened here — | 让我告诉你家里发生什么事了 |
[15:03] | the same thing that’s been happening all damn day! | 一整天都是这个死样子 |
[15:07] | Me dealing with animals who don’t care | 我周旋于这些禽兽之间 |
[15:10] | that we are air-conditioning the outside | 他们开着空调还将门窗大敞四开 |
[15:12] | and insist on rotting their brains by watching vapid housewives | 坚持要看无趣的家庭主妇互泼红酒 |
[15:15] | spit wine on each other. | 来自降智商 |
[15:18] | And you. Can’t even be bothered to use a plate! | 而你 连个盘子都懒得用 |
[15:25] | Oh, she’s a bummer, huh? | 真是个扫兴鬼 对吧 |
[15:29] | Something funny? | 有什么好笑的吗 |
[15:30] | No. | 没有 |
[15:32] | What are you even doing home? | 你在家做什么 |
[15:33] | Don’t you cat-sit for your boss on Tuesday nights? | 你每周二不是要帮你老板照看猫吗 |
[15:36] | Alex, maybe you’d feel better if we went for a walk | 艾丽克斯 也许我带你去散个步或驾车兜风 |
[15:38] | or a ride in the car, huh? Go for a ride in the car! | 你会感觉好些 开车带你去遛遛 |
[15:40] | You know what? There are just too many distractions here. | 这家里让人分心的事太多了 |
[15:43] | I don’t care how sick I am. I have to go back to college. | 我不在乎我病成啥样了 我得回学校去 |
[15:45] | – No! – No! | -不行 -不行 |
[15:46] | – No, no, no, no, no. – Of course you do! | -不行不行 -你当然得回去 |
[15:49] | Was I the kind of person | 你猜我是不是那种 |
[15:50] | who would send her sick sister back to school | 会强行把病重的妹妹送回学校 |
[15:52] | just to keep her from figuring out I got fired? | 只因为不想让她发现我被解雇了的人 |
[15:55] | Did I use her laptop | 那你猜我在社区大学时 |
[15:56] | to get through community college? | 有没有从靠她作业不挂科 |
[15:59] | Let’s get you back there. It’s Friday night. | 让我送你回去 今天可是周五 |
[16:01] | Maybe there’s a party you can listen to. | 说不定有派对能让你远远听个热闹 |
[16:07] | – Excuse me. I don’t mean to bug you. – Hello. | -不好意思 无意打扰 -你好 |
[16:10] | You’re just moving in. I’m right across the street. | 你才搬过来 我就住在街对面 |
[16:12] | – Listen. – Let me stop you. | -听我说 -让我猜猜看 |
[16:14] | You had the cameras scheduled, | 你早就预约好今天装监控摄像头 |
[16:15] | worried about how it would look, | 担心我看见了会误会 |
[16:17] | brought your black friend out, | 还特意叫你的黑哥们过来 |
[16:18] | blasted Commodores. | 大声放黑人乐队的歌 |
[16:20] | It’s not my first time moving into a white neighborhood. | 我也不是第一次搬进白人社区了 |
[16:24] | – We’re good. – Yeah? | -咱之间没误会 -真的吗 |
[16:26] | I did my residency in New Hampshire. | 我在新罕布什尔州做过实习住院医生呢 |
[16:29] | All right. Listen, you guys need anything, let me know. | 好 你们有什么需要尽管开口 |
[16:31] | You got it. I’m Shawn, by the way. | 没问题 我叫肖恩 顺带一提 |
[16:34] | – Jay Pritchett. – Jay. | -杰·普里契特 -杰 |
[16:35] | It’s okay, Gloria. All handled. | 没事的 歌洛莉亚 都处理好了 |
[16:38] | This is my wife, Gloria. | 这是我妻子 歌洛莉亚 |
[16:39] | This is Shawn — and I want to get this right, | 这是肖恩 我希望我的发音准确 |
[16:41] | beautiful African name — Shawn M’badawe. | 很美的非洲名字 肖恩·舜玳伊缇 |
[16:47] | I said, “by the way.” | 我说的是”顺带一提” |
[16:54] | Hey, Lily. We need to talk. | 莉莉 我们需要谈谈 |
[16:56] | I was actually just heading out. | 其实我刚好有事要出门 |
[16:58] | No. Sit down, please. | 不许逃 请你坐好 |
[17:00] | Look, it was wrong of you to be mean to Tom, okay? | 你对汤姆那么毒舌是不对的 知道吗 |
[17:03] | Even though Daddy and I | 尽管你大爸和我 |
[17:04] | aren’t always as open-minded as we should be, | 偶尔也在本该开明时没有做到 |
[17:06] | we-we want you to be better than us. | 但我们希望你能青出于蓝 |
[17:09] | O-kay. | 好的 |
[17:10] | No. Listen. We accept people for who they are. | 不许逃 我们要接受他人真实的一面 |
[17:14] | Daddy and I would accept you no matter what — | 二爸和我会无条件接受真实的你 |
[17:17] | boy, girl, gay, straight… | 无论男女 无论直弯 |
[17:18] | though, if you’re a lesbian, | 不过如果你是女同 |
[17:19] | please be the fun kind. | 可千万得是风趣的那种 |
[17:21] | I didn’t yell at Tom because he used to be Tina. | 我不是因为汤姆过去是缇娜才吼他 |
[17:24] | – What? – I yelled at him ’cause he made fun of… | -什么 -我吼他是因为他嘲笑… |
[17:27] | Made fun of what? | 嘲笑什么 |
[17:29] | – What’s-What’s to make fun of? – Oh, thank God. | -这有什么可笑的 -谢天谢地 |
[17:32] | He called you guys weirdos for putting that painting up, | 他因为这幅画说你们是怪胎 |
[17:34] | so I called him a weirdo. | 所以我才说他是怪胎 |
[17:36] | Well, honey, why didn’t you tell us? | 宝贝 你怎么不告诉我们 |
[17:38] | ‘Cause I didn’t want your feelings to get hurt. | 因为我不想让你们伤心 |
[17:40] | Get hurt? How? | 我们怎么会伤心 |
[17:41] | Because that rube Tom knows nothing about art? | 就因为那个无礼的汤姆不懂艺术吗 |
[17:43] | Cam, she was protecting us. | 小卡 她一直在保护我们 |
[17:45] | But you don’t have to, sweetie, okay? | 但你不必这样做的 宝贝 知道吗 |
[17:46] | Don’t feel like you can’t be honest with us | 你不必为了照顾我们的感受 |
[17:48] | just to protect our feelings. | 而有所隐瞒 |
[17:50] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[17:51] | Hey, you can tell us anything. | 你有任何想法都可以告诉我们 |
[17:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:55] | I hate the painting, too. | 我也讨厌那幅画 |
[17:59] | It was hard for us to hear, but in the spirit of tolerance, | 听起来虽然很难受 但本着宽容的精神 |
[18:04] | we accepted the fact that a 9-year-old | 我们接受一个9岁小孩 |
[18:06] | might not want to fall asleep | 也许不愿意入睡时 |
[18:08] | under the watchful eyes of her half-naked fathers. | 伴着两个半裸的父亲注视的目光这件事 |
[18:10] | Call the Sistine Chapel. I guess art is out. | 快通知西斯廷教堂的人 艺术已经过时了 |
[18:14] | So, do you hate the whole idea of murals, or just — | 你是讨厌壁画 还是单就这… |
[18:16] | Roll! | 快刷 |
[18:21] | It’s going to be so exciting | 绝对很兴奋吧 |
[18:23] | to get back to all that science stuff again. | 要回到到处都是科学东西的地方 |
[18:25] | You know — beakers, calculators, ray guns. | 就是烧杯 计算器 激光枪什么的 |
[18:27] | Alex, are you sure you don’t want | 艾丽克斯 你确定你不想 |
[18:28] | to spend a few more days here to recover? | 在家多休养几天吗 |
[18:31] | You can sleep on the end of our bed if you want to. | 如果你想的话 你可以睡在我们床尾啊 |
[18:33] | -Yeah, stay, Alex. -Sleeping does sound good. | -对 留下来 艾丽克斯 -睡一觉听起来确实不错 |
[18:36] | Doesn’t it? | 可不是吗 |
[18:37] | But, first, how about you take a nice, hot shower? | 但在那之前 不如先洗一个舒服的热水澡吧 |
[18:40] | I just hope that big pile of wet towels isn’t on the floor | 就是希望那一大摞湿毛巾没像今早一样 |
[18:43] | like it was this morning. | 还在地上 |
[18:44] | Aww, you guys are so sweet. | 你们对我太好了 |
[18:46] | No, but what — what about all the science stuff? | 别啊 想想那些科学的东西 |
[18:48] | All the fun. You know — snapping each other in the butts | 那些好玩的 比如用实验室护目镜头带 |
[18:50] | – with your goggle straps. – You know what? | -互相弹对方的屁股 -其实呢 |
[18:52] | Staying here a few more days | 在这里多留上几天 |
[18:53] | may help me kick this sickness a little faster. | 也许有助我快点恢复健康 |
[18:55] | There you go. Wait a second. | 这就对了嘛 等一下 |
[18:57] | I thought I already packed my laptop. | 我记得我不是已经把我的电脑打包进去了吗 |
[18:59] | Why is it on the hallway table? | 为什么它会在走廊的桌子上 |
[19:01] | Uh, why is anything anywhere? | 时间万物为何会出现在它出现的地方 |
[19:03] | Why aren’t our feet at the end of our arms? | 为什么我们的脚不是在胳膊的后面 |
[19:05] | Who opened my 12th-grade “Grapes of Wrath” essay? | 谁打开了我高三写的《愤怒的葡萄》论文 |
[19:09] | Oh, my God. You just want me to stay here | 天啊 你想要我留在家 |
[19:10] | so you can steal all of my old homework. | 是为了偷我以前的高中作业 |
[19:12] | Wow. I can’t wait to hear what you have | 我迫不及待要听你 |
[19:14] | to say about this lapse in judgment. | 对他这次做错事有何看法 |
[19:15] | Hey, it’s better than what Mom’s doing. | 这也比妈妈在做的事情好多了 |
[19:17] | She’s just using you to yell at us. | 她在利用你来教训我们 |
[19:19] | I would nip that back talk in the bud. | 我认为这句顶嘴该扼杀在摇篮里 |
[19:20] | I can’t believe it. He’s right! | 真不敢相信 他说的是真的 |
[19:22] | Honey, you’re getting upset again. | 亲爱的 你又开始不开心了 |
[19:24] | Come on. Let’s go get a treat. | 快来 我们去给你拿零食 |
[19:25] | Stop with the petting and — and the walks. | 不要那么抚摸我 还有带我散步之类的 |
[19:27] | You’re using me as a therapy dog. | 你就是把我当成一条治疗犬 |
[19:29] | That’s ridiculi– | 这完全是无稽之… |
[19:31] | Am I? | 我有吗 |
[19:32] | Well…what about what Luke’s doing? | 那卢克干的好事怎么说 |
[19:34] | We just dealt with him. | 我们已经处理过他的问题了 |
[19:36] | And, Haley… | 还有 海莉 |
[19:38] | you are the only one who really cares about me. | 你是这个家里唯一真正关心我的人 |
[19:42] | That’s it! I’m going back to school. | 就这么决定了 我要回学校 |
[19:44] | I will drive you, sweetie. | 我开车送你 宝贝 |
[19:45] | Alex, no. Stop! Stay! | 艾丽克斯 不要 停下 别动 |
[19:47] | How do you ask a human not to go, again? | 快跟我说 让人类停下来是怎么说来着 |
[19:49] | -Alex, wait! -Right. | -艾丽克斯 等等 -对 等等 |
[19:51] | We’re still leaving. She’s just catching her breath. | 我们不是不走 她就是停下来喘口气 |
[19:53] | Come on. I feel so bad. I had no idea what I was doing. | 别这样 我感觉好糟糕 我没意识到自己犯错 |
[19:56] | I feel worse. I really, really knew what I was doing. | 那我就感觉更糟糕了 我是明知故犯 |
[19:58] | Our poor sick daughter. | 我们家又病又可怜的闺女 |
[19:59] | We should be taking care of her. | 我们应该好好照顾她的 |
[20:01] | So, is knowing all this enough, | 所以我们是认识到错误就够了 |
[20:02] | or do we have to, like, do something? | 还是需要做点实际的举动呢 |
[20:06] | Breaks my heart. | 我看得都心碎了 |
[20:07] | I should quit my job and nurse her back to health. | 我看我得辞掉工作 回来照顾她到康复 |
[20:09] | You got fired, didn’t you? | 你被辞退了 对吧 |
[20:12] | Alex had to take the semester off. | 艾丽克斯不得不休学一学期 |
[20:14] | I was disappointed ’cause she was disappointed, | 我有点失望是因为她有些失望 |
[20:16] | but I was also kind of happy to have her home a little longer. | 不过我又有点暗爽她能多留在家久一点 |
[20:19] | Aww. Mask! | 口罩戴上 |
[20:24] | Cam? | 小卡 |
[20:25] | Oh, I just wanted to tell her how proud I was | 我就是想告诉她 |
[20:27] | of how she handled herself today, | 我为她今天的表现感到很骄傲 |
[20:28] | but she’s already asleep. Well, | 但她已经睡着了 |
[20:29] | you can tell her in the morning, okay? | 你可以等她明天醒来再告诉她 好吗 |
[20:30] | Oh, by the way, I found an article online | 对了 我读到一个关于 |
[20:32] | about a family of Montenegrin art restorers — | 黑山人艺术修复家族的文章… |
[20:34] | Let it go, babe. Come on. Come on. | 算了 宝宝 快走吧 别想它了 |
[20:36] | Oh, Cam. | 小卡 |
[20:40] | Look what she did. | 看她多有心 |
[20:49] | Jay, what are you doing? Come to bed. | 杰 你在干嘛 快回房睡觉吧 |
[20:51] | I’ve got these new state-of-the-art cameras. | 我有这些最先进技术的摄像头 |
[20:53] | I thought I’d review the day, | 我想我可以回顾一下这一整天 |
[20:54] | see how many times our neighbor glared at us. | 我们的邻居到底瞪了我们多少次 |
[20:57] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[20:59] | Is that Manny licking cupcake wrappers from the trash? | 是曼尼在舔垃圾箱里杯子蛋糕的包装纸吗 |
[21:02] | I knew he’d fold. | 我就知道他会屈服 |
[21:03] | Ah, the vigor. It’s almost pornographic. | 这疯狂的舔势 看起来都有点色情了 |
[21:06] | Are these cameras everywhere? | 这些摄像头到处都有吗 |
[21:08] | Yeah. That’s the garbage area. | 是啊 刚才那个是垃圾箱周围 |
[21:09] | Then we got the backyard, front door. | 我们还能看到后院 前门 |
[21:12] | Go inside. Wait. | 再就是里面 等等 |
[21:14] | That’s Joe peeing in the corner, not Stella. | 原来是乔在角落尿尿 不是斯黛拉 |
[21:17] | That’s it. He lives outside now. | 没事的 他已经住在院子里了 |
[21:19] | Come. We’ll watch him from the cameras. | 快走吧 我们从摄像头里看着他就行了 |
[21:21] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[21:24] | You have a problem. | 你这是有病啊 |
[21:26] | I’m gonna get you one of those rubber remotes, | 我要去给你搞那种橡胶遥控器 |
[21:27] | they put in nursery schools | 就是幼儿园 |
[21:28] | – and insane asylums. – Thank you. | -还有疯人院用的那种 -谢谢 |