时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, baby brother! | 好啊 宝贝弟弟 |
[00:05] | Let’s not insult us both. How much do you need? | 我们别侮辱彼此了 你要多少钱 |
[00:07] | Mom paid my car insurance this month, | 妈妈帮我先付了这个月的汽车保险 |
[00:09] | and I told her I’d have it today — | 我跟她说我今天会有钱… |
[00:10] | – The number, the number. – $120. | -告诉我数字就好 -120元 |
[00:13] | Grandpa got me a job at his country club, | 外公帮我在他的乡村俱乐部找了份工作 |
[00:14] | and I’ve been cleaning up in tips. | 我赚小费赚翻了 |
[00:17] | I also like the way those guys talk. | 我还喜欢这些人的霸气说话方式 |
[00:19] | There’s actually an ethnic slur for Norwegians. | 原来有专门对挪威人的种族蔑称呢 |
[00:22] | It’s ice ers. | 叫冰[哔] |
[00:24] | Hey, buddy, they canceled my showing, | 儿子 他们取消来看房 |
[00:26] | so I can drive you to work. | 我可以开车载你去上班了 |
[00:27] | That looks good. What is it? | 看起来不错啊 是什么 |
[00:29] | Lobster Thermidor from the country club. | 乡村俱乐部的热月龙虾 |
[00:31] | There’s also cherries jubilee in the fridge. | 冰箱里还有”樱桃盛宴”甜点 |
[00:35] | Look at us eating like rich people in the ’50s. | 瞧瞧我们 像50年代的富人在吃东西 |
[00:38] | Hey, Mom! Have a good day at work. | 好啊 妈妈 祝你今天工作顺利 |
[00:40] | Uh, I already did that. It’s 3:30. | 我已经上完班了 都三点半了 |
[00:43] | How are you just waking up? | 你怎么能现在才刚醒 |
[00:44] | I set my alarm for noon. I must have slept through it. | 我把闹钟定在了中午 我肯定是睡过去了 |
[00:47] | I was working late promoting a new club. | 我工作得很晚 为一家新的酒吧宣传 |
[00:48] | Oh, by the way, here is the insurance money. | 对了 这是汽车保险的钱 |
[00:51] | – Thank you. – A lot of singles in there. | -谢谢 -里面有很多一元纸币啊 |
[00:54] | What exactly do you do at this club? | 你到底在这个酒吧做什么”工作” |
[00:55] | Oh, right. | 对对对 |
[00:56] | ‘Cause I’m a stripper, Alex. | 因为我是脱衣舞女 艾丽克斯 |
[00:59] | Oh, my God, do you really think I’m a stripper? | 天啊 你们真觉得我是个脱衣舞女吗 |
[01:01] | – No. – No. | -不觉得 -不觉得 |
[01:02] | Okay, well, I’m off. | 好了 我走了 |
[01:04] | I’m signing up for some business classes | 我要去社区大学 |
[01:05] | at community college. | 报名参加一些商务课 |
[01:06] | Business class, huh? | 商务课啊 |
[01:08] | Sounds like somebody’s been influenced | 看来有人受到了影响啊 |
[01:10] | by living under the same roof | 因为她和一个行业巨头 |
[01:12] | with a certain captain of industry. | 住在同一个屋檐下 |
[01:14] | Thank you, honey, but none of my success | 谢谢你 亲爱的 但要不是 |
[01:15] | would have been possible without your support as a homemaker. | 有你照顾家并支持我 我也不可能成功 |
[01:19] | Sweetheart, while I’m very flattered | 亲爱的 你突然对商业感兴趣了 |
[01:20] | by your sudden interest in business, | 我真是觉得很荣幸 |
[01:22] | how about instead of another class, you get a job? | 但你还是别再上课了 而是找份工作吧 |
[01:24] | Get your hands a little dirty, huh? | 把手弄脏[亲自干活]吧 |
[01:26] | She could run her hands through her hair. | 她可以用手抓抓头发 |
[01:27] | – That would do it. – I’ve already pre-registered. | -那就脏了 -我已经预注册了 |
[01:29] | Also, I signed us up for that book signing tonight. | 我还报名了今晚的签售会 |
[01:31] | You still in? | 你还来吗 |
[01:32] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[01:33] | Got my book right here. | 我的书就在这 |
[01:34] | – Trying to make it look like you read it? – Amateur. | -想把这本书弄成你看过的样子吗 -外行 |
[01:53] | So, I don’t really have a job title | 我的工作没有职称 |
[01:55] | or even a set place to work, | 也没有固定的工作地点 |
[01:57] | so I kind of just float around | 所以我就转来转去 |
[01:58] | and make sure everyone has what they need. | 确保所有人得到了需要的东西 |
[02:01] | 4:00, Your Honor. | 四点了 法官大人 |
[02:02] | Don’t forget to take your medicine. | 别忘了吃药 |
[02:04] | Well, all these powerful guys. | 这都是有权有势的人 |
[02:06] | You can make connections here that’ll last forever. | 你可以在这里积累永恒的人脉 |
[02:09] | Not really. | 也不行 |
[02:10] | We have a lot of turnover here. | 这里经常有人去世 |
[02:11] | That flag outside has been at half-mast since April. | 从四月以来 外面就一直在降半旗 |
[02:14] | That’s why we have these. | 所以才有这个 |
[02:17] | Oh. How’s that work? | 这是怎么回事 |
[02:18] | You find a member to sponsor you, | 你找个会员为你担保 |
[02:20] | come have some drinks with the committee, | 过来跟委员会喝点酒 |
[02:21] | and they vote a few people in. | 他们会投票选出一些新会员 |
[02:22] | Similar process to a secret cheer society I was in. | 跟我曾加入的秘密拉拉队组织程序差不多 |
[02:25] | Skull and Pom-Poms. | 骷髅头和拉拉队绒球 |
[02:26] | I’ve said too much already. | 我已经泄露太多了 |
[02:28] | Are you thinking of joining? | 你想加入吗 |
[02:29] | Both my partners are in clubs. | 我的两个合作伙伴都在俱乐部里 |
[02:31] | They’ve drummed up a lot of business. | 他们招徕了许多生意 |
[02:32] | Maybe I — | 也许我… |
[02:33] | Hey, there’s Jay. Maybe he can — | 那是杰 也许他可以 |
[02:34] | Jay. Jay! | 杰 杰 |
[02:36] | Jay, Jay, Jay! | 杰杰杰 |
[02:37] | Go, go, go! | 快走 |
[02:39] | Jay, wait up! | 杰 等等 |
[02:40] | I think someone’s calling for you. | 我觉得有人在叫你 |
[02:42] | I didn’t hear anything. What’s wrong with this cart? | 我什么都没听见 这车怎么了 |
[02:43] | – You got the brakes on? Go! – Ow! Your spikes. | -你踩了刹车吗 快啊 -你的钉鞋 |
[02:46] | Hey, hey, hey! Cramps. | 跑太快有点抽筋了 |
[02:48] | Luke and I just split a Beef Wellington | 卢克和我刚一起吃了一块威灵顿牛排 |
[02:49] | and clams casino. | 和卡西诺烧蛤 |
[02:50] | Um, I’m wondering if you’d, uh, sponsor me | 我想知道你能否为我担保 |
[02:52] | for the new-members thing tonight. | 让我参加今晚的新会员派对 |
[02:54] | Gee, I’d like to, but they got rules | 天啊 我很乐意 但他们有规定 |
[02:55] | about relatives sponsoring new members, so — | 亲戚不能为新会员担保 所以 |
[02:57] | No, they don’t. I just did it. | 他们没有 我就这样做了 |
[02:58] | Gee, they must have changed that. | 天啊 他们肯定是改规定了 |
[02:59] | Oh, great, I’ll see you tonight. What time should I be here? | 真棒 今晚见 我该几点来 |
[03:01] | Oh, I think it starts about 9:30. | 我想大概九点半开始吧 |
[03:03] | No, it’ll be over by then. It starts at 7:00. | 不 那时候就结束了 七点开始 |
[03:05] | They must have changed that, too. | 他们肯定也改时间了 |
[03:06] | Thanks, Jay. See you at 7:00. | 谢谢你 杰 七点见 |
[03:08] | Wait, that was Claire’s husband, right? | 等等 那是克莱尔的丈夫对吧 |
[03:10] | Yes, it was, Anders, you stupid ice | 是的 安德斯 你个傻逼冰[哔] |
[03:13] | I haven’t had one night to myself in six months, | 六个月来 我从来没机会独处一晚 |
[03:16] | but tonight, Manny’s going to a party. | 但今晚 曼尼要去参加派对 |
[03:19] | And if I can get Joe tired enough to go to sleep, | 如果我能让乔累到睡觉 |
[03:22] | I can finally relax and take a long, nice bath. | 我就终于可以放松 洗个长长的舒服澡了 |
[03:26] | I even have a wine glass that floats. | 我还有一个能浮起来的酒杯 |
[03:29] | In case I fall asleep, nothing bad can happen. | 就算我睡着了 也不会发生糟糕的事 |
[03:33] | Ohh. Okay, little reindeer, | 好了 小驯鹿 |
[03:34] | we didn’t get to the North Pole yet. | 我们还没到北极呢 |
[03:37] | I’m tired of this game. | 我不想玩这个游戏了 |
[03:40] | Well, we need to take this food to Santa Claus. | 我们得把这食物送给圣诞老人 |
[03:43] | If not, he’s gonna starve to death. | 如果不送 他就会饿死 |
[03:44] | Which shirt for the party — | 我该穿哪件参加派对 |
[03:46] | the canary or the daffodil? | 淡黄色还是黄水仙色 |
[03:47] | We’re not doing this again. | 别又来了 |
[03:48] | I just did the herringbone or the tweed for your vest. | 我刚帮你决定了背心是选人字呢还是粗花呢 |
[03:51] | Just pick one and go. | 随便选一件然后去吧 |
[03:53] | Okay. Oh, well, this needs ironing. | 好吧 这件需要熨烫 |
[03:55] | Okay, jump on. | 好吧 上车 |
[03:58] | Rudolph, to the laundry room! | 驯鹿鲁道夫 去洗衣房 |
[04:02] | I know it’s just community theater, | 我知道这只是社区剧场 |
[04:04] | but aren’t opening nights so exciting? | 但是首映夜真是令人激动啊 |
[04:06] | Yes, the cream of society | 是啊 社会精英 |
[04:07] | – decked out in their finest flip-flops. – Mitchell. | -穿上最好看的人字拖 -米奇尔 |
[04:10] | Oh, my God, I can’t believe it. | 天啊 我真不敢相信 |
[04:12] | I haven’t seen you since high school! | 高中后我就没见过你了 |
[04:14] | Uh, yes, it’s been years, huh, uh, T-T-Tammy. | 是的 好多年了对吧 泰咪 |
[04:18] | Hey, let me know | 如果你想 |
[04:19] | if you want to roll around under the bleachers again, doll. | 再跟我去看台下面”滚”几圈 告诉我一声 |
[04:23] | That’s weird — I feel like I would’ve remembered her. | 好奇怪 感觉我应该能记住她这样的啊 |
[04:24] | – Why was she wearing a name tag? – I don’t know. | -她为什么要贴着名牌啊 -我不知道 |
[04:26] | Oh, there he is! | 是你啊 |
[04:28] | Remember that time in band | 还记得我们玩乐队的时候 |
[04:29] | when you dropped your flute in the gutter? | 你把笛子掉进水沟那次吗 |
[04:30] | I’m sorry — I never played the flute or anything — | 抱歉 我从来没吹过长笛之类的 |
[04:32] | Ha! Old gutter flute. | 老水沟吹笛手 |
[04:37] | Okay, what is going on? | 好吧 这到底怎么回事 |
[04:38] | Why is everyone talking to me? | 为什么所有人都在跟我说话 |
[04:39] | – I think they’re just being friendly. – Cam, oh, my God. | -我猜他们只是表达善意 -小卡 天啊 |
[04:42] | Is — is this one of those interactive theater experiences? | 这是那种互动式剧院吗 |
[04:44] | Oh, do you mean where the audience participates | 你是说那种观众参与其中的 |
[04:47] | and the line between performer and spectator | 故意模糊表演者 |
[04:49] | is delightfully blurred? | 和观众之间的界限的美好表演吗 |
[04:51] | Mitchell, we’re at a high-school reunion! | 米奇尔 这是一个高中同学会 |
[04:54] | Stop pretending, all right? You tricked me. | 别装了 好吗 你已经骗到我了 |
[04:56] | – I did not. – You always trick me. | -我没有 -你老是骗我 |
[04:57] | Every time we leave the house, | 我们每次出门 |
[04:58] | it’s like a game of Three-card Monte. | 都像是在跟诈欺师斗智斗勇 |
[04:59] | Interactive theater is fun. | 互动式剧院很有意思 |
[05:02] | It’s not fun. It’s never fun. | 没意思 一点意思都没有 |
[05:03] | It’s the worst thing that can happen to human | 这是人类在和平时期所能遇到的 |
[05:04] | during peace time. | 最糟糕的事 |
[05:05] | Okay, you know what, Mitchell? | 好吧 米奇尔 |
[05:06] | Please, I’m on the board, | 拜托 我是管理层的人 |
[05:08] | and I couldn’t not bring my husband | 别人的亲密爱人都开心出席 |
[05:09] | while everyone else’s significant other | 我怎么能不把我丈夫 |
[05:11] | is happy to be here. | 带来呢 |
[05:12] | It’s interactive? | 所以这是互动剧院吗 |
[05:14] | You son of a bitch. | 你个贱逼 |
[05:15] | There’s a quote for your poster. | 那句可以上你们的宣传海报 |
[05:22] | – Front door open. – Ay, no! | -前门开了 -不是吧 |
[05:25] | Please. Who?! Who?! | 拜托 是谁 是谁 |
[05:27] | Ay, what the hell are you doing here? | 你到底还在这里干什么 |
[05:29] | I had the most humiliating experience of my entire life. | 我刚经历了人生中最尴尬的事 |
[05:32] | I may never leave this house again. | 我可能永远都不要走出这个家了 |
[05:33] | Okay, you’re just tired. | 好了 你只是累了 |
[05:34] | I’m gonna make you an espresso, and you go back. | 我给你倒杯咖啡 你就可以再战了 |
[05:36] | No, I can’t go back there. | 不 我不能再去了 |
[05:38] | Did you get in trouble again for adjusting the lighting? | 你又因为调节灯光惹麻烦了吗 |
[05:40] | You’re still young. | 你还年轻 |
[05:41] | You can take a bright bulb. | 光线亮一点没关系 |
[05:43] | I was flirting with Ava Morris, | 我本来在逗艾娃·莫里斯开心 |
[05:44] | and I walked into a coffee table | 结果小腿胫骨狠狠地撞上了 |
[05:45] | and hit my shin really hard | 一张咖啡桌 |
[05:47] | and started crying in front of everyone. | 然后在所有人面前哭出来了 |
[05:49] | Bad enough — but then I noticed | 已经够惨了吧 然后我发现 |
[05:51] | I spilled my drink on my crotch area, | 我不小心洒了点饮料在裤裆处 |
[05:52] | creating a very incriminating stain. | 那画面被人看见我就玩完了 |
[05:55] | I ran to the bathroom and started drying it with a towel, | 所以我冲去洗手间想拿毛巾擦干 |
[05:57] | but the door swung open, | 结果门开了 |
[05:58] | and I was viewed by my classmates | 然后全班同学都看到了 |
[06:00] | vigorously attending to my groin. | 我猛擦自己”腹部下方”的样子 |
[06:02] | Oh, and did I mention the picture of Ava’s grandmother | 我刚有提到艾娃祖母穿着比基尼滑水的照片 |
[06:04] | water skiing in a bikini that was directly in my eyeline? | 当时刚好挂在我眼前的方位吗 |
[06:07] | That happens to everyone sometimes. | 这种事谁都碰到过 |
[06:09] | You’re gonna be fine once you drink — | 只要你喝点咖啡就没… |
[06:10] | Ay, no! | 不 |
[06:12] | Hi, Mama! Hi, Mama! Hi, Mama! | 妈妈 妈妈 妈妈 |
[06:17] | In the workplace, we women have been told | 在工作场所 我们女性被要求 |
[06:20] | to suppress it, contain it, ignore it. | 容忍 谦让 无视 |
[06:23] | Well, you know what I say? | 你知道我怎么说吗 |
[06:25] | – Grab it! – Grab it. | -抓住机会 -抓住机会 |
[06:26] | Alex is not my most expressive child, | 艾丽克斯不是我们家最擅长表达的孩子 |
[06:29] | but when she enrolled in a business class | 但当她去上了一门商科课程 |
[06:30] | and then signed up for a lecture series | 然后听了一系列名为 |
[06:32] | called “Meet the She-E-O,” | “直面女总裁”的讲座之后 |
[06:34] | it was pretty clear to me what she was trying to say — | 我就很清楚地了解她的意思了 |
[06:37] | “I admire you, Mom.” | “我崇拜你 妈妈” |
[06:39] | – So, what do you think? – Quiet. | -所以你怎么看 -安静 |
[06:40] | – I think — – Stop talking. | -我觉得… -别说话 |
[06:42] | I mean, sure, it was tough — | 我知道 这很不容易 |
[06:43] | raising three kids and running a business. | 养大三个孩子 还要兼顾事业 |
[06:46] | But when the chance to be She-E-O arose, | 不过当我有机会成为女总裁时 |
[06:48] | I had only one thought. | 我只有一个想法 |
[06:51] | Grab it. Grab it. Grab it. Grab it. | 抓住机会 抓住机会 抓住机会 |
[06:53] | I get it. I grabbed it. | 我懂了 我抓住机会了 |
[06:54] | I will move my seat. | 你再这样我换座位了 |
[06:56] | A mother knows how to read between the lines. | 一个母亲知道怎样读出孩子的潜台词 |
[06:58] | Alex’s mouth may have said, “You’re embarrassing me.” | 艾丽克斯嘴里说着”你这样让我很尴尬” |
[07:01] | But her heart was saying, “You’re inspiring me.” | 但心里一定在说”你激励了我” |
[07:05] | “Leave me alone.” | “让我自己待着” |
[07:06] | “Show me the way.” | “请给我指引” |
[07:08] | “Are you still talking?” | “你还没说完吗” |
[07:09] | “Never stop rocking.” | “请永远这么牛逼” |
[07:12] | Okay, first question. | 好吧 第一个问题 |
[07:14] | Ah, right up front. | 前面这位 |
[07:16] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[07:17] | Hi, I’m Alex. | 你好 我是艾丽克斯 |
[07:19] | Long-time reader, first-time grabber. | 长期粉丝 但第一次抓住机会 |
[07:20] | Anyway, I’m a biochemistry major and CalTech, | 总之 我在加州理工读生化专业 |
[07:23] | but your book got me thinking about a business career. | 但你的书让我对商科产生兴趣 |
[07:25] | And now I’m considering double-majoring, | 所以我现在在考虑双专业 |
[07:27] | but is that taking on a little too much? | 但这样是不是负担太重 |
[07:30] | Alex, look at me. | 艾丽克斯 看着我 |
[07:31] | If you can think it, you can grab it. | 你能想到 就能抓到 |
[07:34] | Aah! Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[07:35] | You’re my hero, Nancy. Thank you. | 你是我的英雄 南希 谢谢 |
[07:38] | Who’s next? | 下一位 |
[07:40] | – I’ve got a — – just a quick comment. | -我有个… -我就简单说一句 |
[07:42] | Um, I also raised three children, | 我也抚养了三个孩子 |
[07:44] | and I am the She-E-O of a large company. | 同时是一间大公司的女总裁 |
[07:47] | And I got to say, | 我得说 |
[07:48] | it’s like looking a mirror, Nancy. | 看到你就像看我自己 南希 |
[07:49] | That’s great. What’s the company? | 真棒 是哪间公司 |
[07:51] | Pritchett’s Closets and Blinds. | 普利切特衣橱及窗帘公司 |
[07:53] | You sell closets and blinds? | 你们卖橱柜和窗帘吗 |
[07:55] | I could understand shutters and blinds or closets and… | 一般不是卖百叶窗和窗帘 或者橱柜和… |
[07:58] | We’re good, Nancy. | 我们公司生意很好 南希 |
[07:59] | What I wanted to talk about was how on page 1 of your book, | 我想说的是 在你书的第一页 |
[08:03] | you say you had hard time not bringing your work home. | 你为什么会说很难不把工作带回家做呢 |
[08:07] | That was just a joke. | 那只是个玩笑 |
[08:08] | As you remember, my business was started in my garage. | 你应该记得 我的事业起始于我自己的车库 |
[08:12] | So, you know how it’s not just family time that matters. | 所以你知道重要的不只是跟家人一起的时间 |
[08:16] | It’s quality family time. | 而是高质量的家人共处时光 |
[08:18] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[08:19] | That’s why I home-school all three of my children. | 这就是我对孩子实施在家教育的原因 |
[08:21] | The conference table in our boardroom | 其实我们董事会的会议桌 |
[08:23] | actually rests on their play structure. | 就在他们的游乐设施旁边 |
[08:25] | What am I saying? Stand up, kids? | 我在说什么呢 站起来 孩子们 |
[08:31] | So, three daddies? | 仨个不同爸爸 是吗 |
[08:32] | You sound insane! | 你听上去像个疯子 |
[08:33] | All right. | 好啦 |
[08:36] | Hey, Pritch, isn’t that your gay son? | 普里契特 那不是你的同性恋儿子么 |
[08:38] | Son-in-law. | 女婿 |
[08:39] | You’ve got a gay son-in-law, too? | 你的女婿也是同性恋吗 |
[08:41] | I’m not doing this dance with you guys again. | 我不要再随你们起舞了 |
[08:46] | I don’t know what I was worried about. | 我不知道自己在担心什么 |
[08:48] | All I had to do was let Phil be Phil. | 我只需要让菲尔做自己就行 |
[08:50] | He’d never get past the vote. | 他不可能通过投票的 |
[08:51] | Fortunately, clueless boobs are one group | 幸运的是 即使是最高法院 |
[08:54] | the Supreme Court can’t force us to let in. | 也无法强迫我们让蠢蛋入会 |
[08:57] | So, tell us about yourself, Phil. | 跟我们说说你的事 菲尔 |
[08:59] | Well, uh, you and I have something in common, actually. | 事实上 我们有一些共同点 |
[09:02] | We’re both Congressmen. | 我们都是议员 |
[09:04] | Go on, with that, Phil. | 继续说 菲尔 |
[09:06] | You’re in the state congress, | 你在州议会 |
[09:07] | and I was in the Junior Tumbling Congress. | 而我曾参加过低年级翻筋斗大赛[议会] |
[09:10] | I was in Tumbling Congress. | 我也参加过翻筋斗大赛 |
[09:12] | You trampoline? | 你玩蹦床吗 |
[09:13] | I’m on my tramp like three nights a week! | 我一周有三晚都在玩蹦床[骚货] |
[09:16] | The rest of the time, I’m — I’m with my wife. | 剩余的几晚 我都在玩我的娇妻 |
[09:27] | So, I go back to the seller with an all-cash no-contingency offer | 我带着全现款且无额外条件的报价找到那卖家 |
[09:30] | that’d pay off both his mortgages | 我的报价不仅够他还清房贷 |
[09:31] | and leave enough after capital gains | 而且他的资本收益 |
[09:33] | to put a down payment on a condo. | 还足够付一间公寓的首付款 |
[09:35] | I give him an hour or I’m pulling the offer. | 我给他一小时 否则我就撤回报价 |
[09:37] | I love this story. It’s like a western. | 我喜欢这故事 就像西部片一样 |
[09:40] | It was a nightmare. | 真是场噩梦 |
[09:41] | Tumbling stories, bad jokes, and they ate it up! | 翻筋斗往事 烂笑话 他们居然照单全收了 |
[09:44] | I’d say they were being polite, | 要我说他们只是客套一下 |
[09:46] | but I’ve personally seen two of those guys | 但我曾亲眼见过其中两个狠人 |
[09:47] | hit pedestrians and not even slow down! | 开车撞倒了行人时 减速都不减速呢 |
[09:50] | No, true story! True story. | 不 真人真事 真人真事 |
[09:52] | One second. | 失陪一下 |
[09:54] | These guys are great. | 这些人赞爆了 |
[09:55] | Listen. | 听着 |
[09:56] | You need one more move to drive this home, and I’m thinking, | 你还差一股劲把气氛炒到最热 而我在想 |
[09:59] | what does Phil bring to the party no else does? | 菲尔如何把派对炒热到前无古人后无来者 |
[10:02] | Magic. | 魔术 |
[10:03] | Are you sure? I’m a little rusty. | 你确定吗 我有点生疏了 |
[10:04] | My money’s on you. | 我看好你 |
[10:05] | Go big, then go home. | 大秀一场 然后滚蛋 |
[10:07] | – Sounded like you said — – Hey, everybody! | -听上去像是你… -大家注意下 |
[10:08] | Phil’s gonna do a little magic trick for you. | 菲尔要给你们表演几个魔术 |
[10:10] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[10:12] | This one is for all of the lawyers in the room | 这个魔术献给这里所有的律师 |
[10:15] | because you’re so good at making our money… | 因为你们可擅长将我们的钱… |
[10:19] | disappear. | 给变没了 |
[10:20] | Oh, hold on. | 稍等 |
[10:24] | Congressman Morley, enough with the taxes. | 莫里议员 别再提纳税了 |
[10:27] | You don’t see us making you pay… | 你也没见我们逼你 |
[10:30] | through the nose. | 付大钱[从鼻孔] |
[10:30] | Okay, hold on. Nobody move, I got this! | 等等 大家别动 我能搞定 |
[10:48] | Who am I kidding? I can’t fall asleep. | 我骗谁呢 我睡不着觉的 |
[10:50] | Every car alarm, every whistle of the wind | 每声汽车警报 以及那窸窣的风声 |
[10:53] | sounds like people laughing at me. | 听上去都像有人在嘲笑我 |
[10:54] | It’s all in your imagination. | 这些都是你的臆想 |
[10:59] | I just want to Netflix and Mom. | 我只想付费电视上看看《极品老妈》 |
[11:01] | Manny, you don’t understand. | 曼尼 你不明白 |
[11:03] | An hour ago, I had made the perfect tub! | 一小时前 我放了一缸的完美的热水 |
[11:06] | Yeah, thanks again for that, but it didn’t help. | 再次向你表示感谢 但没啥帮助 |
[11:08] | Sugar! I love sugar! | 糖果 我爱糖果 |
[11:10] | Okay, that is it! | 好了 够了 |
[11:12] | You don’t want to go to sleep! | 你小子不想去睡觉 |
[11:14] | And you don’t want to go to the party! | 而你小子不想去参加派对 |
[11:15] | – Then I’m canceling the nighttime! – Mom? | -那我这就取消今晚的时光 -妈妈 |
[11:18] | You heard me. It’s tomorrow. | 你听见了 已经到明天了 |
[11:20] | We’re going to school. Wait for me in the car. | 我们这就去学校 到车上等我 |
[11:24] | Hey, Jay. | 你好 杰 |
[11:24] | If you get this, please come — | 如果你听到留言 求你快… |
[11:25] | No one can help you now! | 现在没人能帮你了 |
[11:29] | Yo, looks like everyone made it. | 看上去大家都来了 |
[11:31] | But where’s Vlad? | 但弗拉德在哪 |
[11:32] | The exchange student from Latvia? | 那个拉脱维亚的交换生吗 |
[11:34] | I haven’t seen him. | 我没见到他 |
[11:36] | I’d love to catch up with that dreamboat. | 我真想再见见那个美男 |
[11:38] | So much has happened since high school. | 高中毕业后发生太多的事了 |
[11:41] | Alcoholism. | 酗酒 |
[11:43] | I tried to find happiness in the bottom of a bottle. | 我试图从酒瓶底寻找幸福 |
[11:46] | A shattering depiction of human suffering. | 对人生苦痛惊天地泣鬼神的描述 |
[11:49] | But enough about how I felt. | 但还不足以描述我的感受 |
[11:51] | I just keep remembering how Vlad and I | 我依旧记得我和弗拉德 |
[11:53] | had the best time in high school. | 在高中共度的快乐时光 |
[11:55] | For some of us, that was the last best time. | 对我们中某些人来说 却是最后的快乐时光 |
[11:59] | Vietnam. | 越南战争 |
[12:01] | What time period was all this taking place? | 这高中时代是发生在哪个年代啊 |
[12:03] | It didn’t make any sense. | 完全说不通 |
[12:06] | The way things ended with me and Vlad, | 我和弗拉德分手的那些事 |
[12:08] | it still haunts me. | 至今令我心有余悸 |
[12:09] | A lot of things haunt me. | 很多事也都还令我心有余悸 |
[12:13] | It was the night of the prom. | 那是毕业舞会的夜晚 |
[12:14] | Car accident. | 出车祸 |
[12:16] | The roads were very icy. | 路面上结满了冰 |
[12:17] | – Car accident. – You don’t know. | -出车祸嘛 -不知道别瞎说 |
[12:20] | Through the mist, I saw the truck’s headlights. | 透过迷雾 我看见了卡车的车头灯 |
[12:23] | When I came to, the doctor told me we’d been in a horrible | 当我醒来 医生告诉我我经历了一场惨烈的 |
[12:27] | – car accident! – Car accident. | -车祸 -车祸 |
[12:28] | Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. | 大姐你有没有搞错 |
[12:30] | Mitchell, this is the theater. Have some respect. | 米奇尔 这里是剧院 放尊重点 |
[12:32] | All you have to do is sit there and be quiet. | 你只需要乖乖坐着别出声 |
[12:34] | Tammy, you are never gonna believe who’s here. | 泰咪 你绝不会相信谁来了 |
[12:37] | – Who? – Vlad. | -是谁 -弗拉德 |
[12:39] | Oh, my God, where? | 天啊 他在哪里 |
[12:40] | Out there. | 就在那 |
[12:45] | There he is. That’s Vlad. | 就是他 他就是弗拉德 |
[12:54] | I swear I didn’t know they were gonna pick you. | 我发誓我不知道他们为啥选你 |
[12:56] | They probably assumed you were fun | 他们可能觉得你会比较逗 |
[12:58] | because you were with me. They didn’t know. | 因为你是和我一起的 他们太傻太天真 |
[12:59] | Vlad, come up here. | 弗拉德 快上台来 |
[13:02] | Move your country ass. I’m — I’m leaving. | 挪开你的乡下大屁股 我要走人了 |
[13:03] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[13:04] | Just go up there, hug Tammy, | 你就上台去拥抱一下泰咪 |
[13:06] | and wait for the surprise ending. | 然后等着惊喜结局就好 |
[13:08] | I don’t care about the surprise ending! | 我才不在乎什么惊喜结局 |
[13:10] | You go be Vlad. | 你上去演弗拉德去 |
[13:11] | I can’t be Vlad because I am the surprise ending. | 我不能演弗拉德 因为我就是那个惊喜结局 |
[13:13] | – What? – And it’s a show-stopper. | -什么 -那将是令观众掌声不断的表演 |
[13:15] | I’ve been rehearsing for weeks. | 我已经排练好几周了 |
[13:16] | Now, just stop being selfish and get up there. | 你别这么自私了 快上台去吧 |
[13:18] | Just do it! | 你就上去吧 |
[13:19] | We all want to get out of here! | 我们都想快点完事走人 |
[13:22] | Vlad. | 弗拉德 |
[13:25] | I didn’t know how, I didn’t know when, | 我也不知道是何时 用什么招 |
[13:27] | but I was gonna get him. | 但我知道此仇不报非君子 |
[13:29] | Vladdie, sweetie, you’re here. | 弗拉迪宝贝 亲爱的 你来了 |
[13:31] | Oh, you’re really here. | 你真的来了 |
[13:34] | Not okay. | 自重 |
[13:35] | Oh, what a happy ending. | 多圆满的结局啊 |
[13:36] | I’ll say. | 我也”圆满”了 |
[13:39] | Okay, okay. | 行了行了 |
[13:40] | That-That is your gum. | 你的口香糖都跑我嘴里来了 |
[13:41] | What a great reunion. | 多棒的同学会啊 |
[13:42] | Yeah, everybody made it. | 是啊 所有人都来了 |
[13:44] | Almost everybody. | 几乎所有人 |
[13:47] | Hello, students! | 同学们好 |
[13:48] | Janitor Joe! | 校工老乔 |
[13:50] | Or should I say farewell? | 或者我该说同学们永别了 |
[13:53] | All of a sudden, I knew how. | 突然间我有了复仇的灵感 |
[13:56] | Hello again, students. | 同学们 又见面了 |
[13:58] | Or should I say farewell? | 或者我该说 永别了 |
[14:02] | And I knew when. | 此时不报 更待何时 |
[14:04] | Wait, wait, does-does anybody else see his ghost right now? | 等等 大家都看到他的鬼魂了吗 |
[14:08] | What? | 什么 |
[14:09] | Yeah, who could forget | 是啊 有谁能忘记 |
[14:10] | how he courageously showed up to our 25th | 他鼓起勇气来参加我们25周年的同学会 |
[14:13] | and then-and then died in front of all of us. | 然后死在我们所有人面前的情景 |
[14:16] | No, I’m about to die right now. | 不 我现在刚要死 |
[14:17] | Mm-hmm, in fact, I-I remember his death | 其实我还记得 他临死时 |
[14:19] | went a little something like-like this. | 大概是这样的 |
[14:22] | I’ve lived a long life. | 我度过了漫长的一生 |
[14:24] | Mitchell, what are you doing? | 米奇尔 你在干什么 |
[14:25] | Many friends. | 结交了那么多朋友 |
[14:27] | Oh, my beautiful Bess. | 我美丽的妻子贝丝 |
[14:30] | Even took a trip to Washington, D.C., | 甚至还去了华盛顿特区 |
[14:33] | and had my picture made with the Congressman. | 让我的照片跟议员大人合影 |
[14:36] | Never had any children, of course. | 但当然我膝下无子 |
[14:39] | Which is why it was so important that I made it here tonight. | 所以今晚来参加同学会对我如此重要 |
[14:43] | To see each of you. | 来见见你们所有人 |
[14:46] | You are my children! | 你们都是我的孩子 |
[14:50] | And I want to leave you with this one last thing. | 我想最后再留给你们这样一句诗 |
[14:53] | – Do not go gentle — – Do not go gentle into that good night. | -不要温和地 -不要温和地走进那个良夜 |
[14:57] | Rage! | 要怒斥 |
[14:58] | Rage | 怒斥 |
[15:00] | against the dying of the light! | 光明的消逝 |
[15:07] | And I don’t feel good either. | 我也感觉身体不太舒服 |
[15:12] | Yeah, good save. | 救场救得”好” |
[15:14] | Find anything on “Grab It” lady? | 扒到那个”抓住机会”女士的丑事了吗 |
[15:16] | “Nancy Decker lawsuit” — nope. | “南希·德克尔法律纠纷” 无结果 |
[15:18] | “Nancy Decker nose job” — nope. | “南希·德克尔鼻子整形” 无结果 |
[15:21] | “Nancy Decker kills…” — Oh! | “南希·德克尔杀…” 有了 |
[15:24] | “…at CEO comedy night.” | “…在总裁喜剧之夜大杀四方” |
[15:27] | Hello, we’re here. | 你们好 我们来了 |
[15:28] | Gloria? | 歌洛莉亚 |
[15:29] | Haley, you remember that day | 海莉 你还记得那天 |
[15:30] | when you said that if I ever needed a nanny, | 你说无论什么时候我需要保姆 |
[15:33] | you would love to take care of Joe? | 你都愿意帮我照看乔吗 |
[15:35] | – Well, here you go. – No, no. | -人给你 -不不 |
[15:36] | You can keep him for as long as you want. | 想留几年随便你 |
[15:39] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[15:39] | Uh, no, uh, that doesn’t really sound like me, | 不 那话听起来不像我说的 |
[15:42] | plus I have a 9-to-5 job now, so bye. | 再说我现在的工作是晚九朝五 再见 |
[15:44] | Please take me with you. | 求你把我也带走吧 |
[15:46] | What’s going on? | 这是什么情况 |
[15:47] | Mama’s crazy. | 妈妈疯了 |
[15:49] | I am not crazy! | 我才没疯 |
[15:50] | I just canceled the night. | 我不过是取消了这个夜晚 |
[15:53] | Manny, maybe you could help out here. | 曼尼 你给我解释一下吧 |
[15:54] | Mom’s upset because Joe won’t go to sleep | 老妈发飙是因为乔不肯去睡觉 |
[15:56] | and I won’t go back to a party. | 我又不肯回到某个派对上 |
[15:58] | You won’t go back to a party? Why? | 你不肯回到派对上 为什么 |
[15:59] | I suffered an unfortunate series of embarrassing incidents. | 我不幸遭遇了一连串尴尬事件 |
[16:03] | I just want a wine bath and to go to sleep. | 我只想喝点小酒泡个澡去睡觉 |
[16:07] | Listen up, Manny. | 听我说 曼尼 |
[16:08] | Of course you want to run away | 在经历了那个派对上发生的事以后 |
[16:09] | from whatever happened back that party. | 也难怪你想逃跑 |
[16:11] | Anybody would. | 任何人都会想逃 |
[16:12] | But that just guarantees that it sticks with you forever. | 但那样这些糗事就保证会跟着你到永远了 |
[16:16] | But if you march back in there | 但如果你昂首阔步回到派对上 |
[16:18] | and you own it, | 不以为耻反以为荣 |
[16:20] | you let those people know that you’re better than them, | 你让那些乌合之众明白你比他们强 |
[16:22] | and you will be a legend. | 你就会是传奇人物了 |
[16:25] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好 -没错 |
[16:26] | “Okay”? | “好” |
[16:27] | You, get on the couch, go to sleep. | 你 躺沙发上睡觉去 |
[16:29] | But I’m not tired. | 可我不困啊 |
[16:31] | Don’t care. Five, four, three… | 我才不管 5 4 3 |
[16:34] | Okay, I’m going! | 好吧 我去睡 |
[16:34] | – Two… – “Okay, I’m going”? | -2 -“好吧 我去睡” |
[16:37] | I spend hours trying, and then you just come one — | 我努力了好几个小时 而你上来就 |
[16:40] | The only thing I did was not be their mother. | 我做的不过是不做他们的老妈 |
[16:43] | Look, I don’t get it either, but for some reason… | 这其中的道理我也不懂 但出于某种原因 |
[16:47] | the kids respond better to other adults. | 孩子们都比较愿意听其他大人的话 |
[16:49] | Yeah, but that’s not fair. | 是啊 但那太不公平了 |
[16:51] | Well, most of being a parent isn’t fair. | 为人父母大部分时候都没有公平可言 |
[16:52] | Right now, Alex is obsessed | 现在艾丽克斯迷上了 |
[16:54] | with some CEO business woman author | 一个什么CEO商业女强人作家 |
[16:56] | who’s basically an older-looking version of me. | 她基本上就是个看起来老一点版本的我 |
[16:59] | We’re the same age, by the way. | 顺带一提我和她同龄 |
[17:00] | You know that Alex look up to you, right? | 你知道艾丽克斯很崇拜你 对吧 |
[17:02] | Not by anything she says, no. | 从她对我说的话里还真听不出来 |
[17:04] | Yeah, they never say it. | 他们从不说出口 |
[17:06] | I guess they think | 我猜他们认为 |
[17:07] | that they’re giving the parents too much power. | 说出口会让父母有太多掌控权了 |
[17:10] | They find little ways to express it. | 他们像掉饼干渣一样用些小细节展示出来 |
[17:13] | Being a mom is like being a model. | 当孩子妈就像当模特一样 |
[17:15] | You have to learn how to live on crumbs. | 得习惯舔着那一点饼干渣过日子 |
[17:20] | Hi, honey. | 宝贝你回来了 |
[17:23] | Right. | 好吧 |
[17:27] | Honey, I’m so sorry about the way I was tonight. | 宝贝 我为我今晚的行为道歉 |
[17:29] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[17:30] | I actually got to go backstage and meet Nancy. | 我还因此得到机会去后台见南希呢 |
[17:33] | She invited a few of us out for coffee. | 她请我们几个去喝咖啡 |
[17:35] | Oh, fun. | 挺好玩的 |
[17:36] | Yeah, no, uh, not fun, actually. | 对 不 其实不好玩 |
[17:39] | All she did was talk about herself. | 她一直在那聊她自己 |
[17:40] | It really just seemed like she wanted an audience. | 好像她其实只是需要听众 |
[17:42] | And when the check came, you know what she didn’t do? | 当账单送过来的时候 你猜她没做什么 |
[17:45] | Grab it. | 抓住它 |
[17:46] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:47] | Joe’s sleeping in the couch. | 乔在沙发上睡觉 |
[17:48] | Can he stay here? Okay, thank you so much. | 他能待在这吗 好的 太感谢了 |
[17:52] | Well, I mean, the night wasn’t a total waste. | 但今晚也不是完全没有收获 |
[17:54] | After she left, I sat there thinking, | 她走了之后 我坐在那想 |
[17:56] | “Why am I taking a business course anyway?” | “我为什么要选一门商务课” |
[17:57] | I should go out in the world and do something. | 世界那么大 我该去做点什么 |
[17:59] | So I saw a help-wanted sign in the coffee shop | 所以我看到了咖啡馆里的招聘启示 |
[18:02] | and got a job as a barista. | 然后得到了一份咖啡师的工作 |
[18:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:04] | Yeah, I start tomorrow. | 真的 明天开始 |
[18:06] | I’m excited. | 我很兴奋 |
[18:07] | I just thought, why not get out there | 我刚还在想 为什么不出去 |
[18:08] | and get my hands a little dirty, you know? | 把手弄脏[亲自干活] |
[18:12] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:14] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:23] | Sauna over here. | 桑拿在这 |
[18:25] | Hot tub that way. | 浴缸在那里 |
[18:26] | Legend has it that the holes | 传说单人淋浴隔间 |
[18:28] | in the individual shower partitions | 里面的洞 |
[18:30] | were cigar holders. | 是用来当雪茄架的 |
[18:31] | At least that’s the story we’re sticking to. | 至少这是我们对外坚持的说法 |
[18:34] | Follow me, folks. | 跟我来 伙计们 |
[18:36] | Ever been in here, Jay? | 来过这吗 杰 |
[18:39] | This looks like a good place | 这里看上去是个 |
[18:39] | to sweat out some Peach Melba. | 吃完甜点后 出场大汗的减肥好地方 |
[18:45] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[18:48] | I’m stuck. | 我卡住了 |
[18:49] | I think there’s a wet towel wedged underneath the door. | 我觉得门缝里卡了一条湿毛巾 |
[18:51] | Could you pull on it? | 你能把它拉出来吗 |
[18:52] | Is this gonna happen all the time now? | 以后要整天这样了吗 |
[18:53] | Me babysitting you every minute of the day? | 我是不是得无时无刻照看你 |
[18:57] | It won’t budge. | 它根本不动 |
[18:58] | Oh, wait, I think I found the emergency button. | 等等 我觉得我找到了紧急按钮 |
[19:01] | No, no! Okay! | 不不 好吧 |
[19:03] | Jay, I’m trying not to panic. | 杰 我已经努力不发慌了 |
[19:06] | Stand back — I’m gonna throw | 后退 我要拿一块紧急安全石 |
[19:08] | one of these emergency rocks through the glass! | 砸穿这块玻璃了 |
[19:10] | That’s hot! | 好烫 |
[19:11] | I’m texting the front desk. | 我在给前台发短信 |
[19:13] | Listen, Phil, I can’t do this. | 听着 菲尔 我做不到 |
[19:14] | You’re leaving me here?! | 你要离开我了吗 |
[19:15] | No, I can’t have you at this club! | 不 我不能忍受你在这个俱乐部 |
[19:18] | This is my place, damn it. | 这是我的地盘 见鬼 |
[19:20] | No! | 不 |
[19:21] | I’m sorry, Phil. | 对不起 菲尔 |
[19:22] | Can’t you find another club? | 你不能另找一个俱乐部吗 |
[19:24] | I mean, look at my life. | 看看我的生活 |
[19:25] | I mean, I built my house, | 我建好了自己的房子 |
[19:26] | and before I even lived in it, I got married. | 还没等我住进去 我就结婚了 |
[19:28] | And that’s fantastic. | 是挺棒的 |
[19:29] | And then I have my study, | 然后我有了自己的书房 |
[19:30] | where I can close the door and have a glass of Scotch. | 在那我可以关上门喝一杯苏格兰威士忌 |
[19:33] | And now it’s Joe’s room, and that’s fantastic. | 而现在那是乔的房间 也挺好的 |
[19:35] | But this is the only place I have left | 但这里是我仅剩的唯一的 |
[19:37] | that I don’t have to share with my family. | 不用和家人分享的空间 |
[19:40] | I don’t want to be that guy, but did you send that text yet? | 我不想当打断你的白痴 但你发出信息了吗 |
[19:42] | The one place I feel special — | 唯一我觉得特别的地方 |
[19:43] | they call me “Ace” and “Jay Boy” and “Pritch.” | 他们喊我王牌或者杰哥或者普里契 |
[19:46] | I’m not comfortable other places, okay? | 我在别的地方都没在这里痛快 好吗 |
[19:48] | But you — you fit in everywhere. | 而你 你在哪都能融入 |
[19:50] | The whole world is your club! | 整个世界都是你的俱乐部 |
[19:51] | But I have this place! | 但我只有这个地方 |
[19:53] | You get that, right? | 你懂了吧 |
[20:01] | Maintenance arrived one minute later | 维护人员一分钟后就到了 |
[20:03] | and packed him in ice from the seafood bar, | 用海鲜吧里的冰块把他包了起来 |
[20:05] | and he was as good as new. | 然后他就完好如初了 |
[20:08] | How you feeling? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[20:10] | Better. | 好点了 |
[20:11] | Jay, I was thinking about what you said before. | 杰 我在想你刚刚说的话 |
[20:14] | It was so honest and sensitive. | 如此真诚 敏感 |
[20:17] | And vulnerable. | 和脆弱 |
[20:18] | Hey. | 停 |
[20:19] | No one needs to know about that. | 这件事天知地知你知我知 |
[20:21] | Anyway, this is your club. | 不管怎样 这是你的俱乐部 |
[20:23] | I’m — I’m dropping out. | 我退出吧 |
[20:25] | Well, you deserve it just as much as I do. | 不 你和我一样理应享受这一切 |
[20:26] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[20:29] | I can’t let you give all this up. | 我不能让你放弃这一切 |
[20:32] | For God’s sake, there’s the club chair | 拜托 俱乐部里有 |
[20:33] | Fatty Arbuckle anxiously awaited his verdict. | 胖子阿巴寇坐着焦急地等待裁决的椅子 |
[20:33] | 阿巴寇是好莱坞默片时代喜剧明星 被指控强奸致人死亡 审判三年后无罪释放 | |
[20:36] | Jay, I mean it. | 杰 我是真心的 |
[20:37] | Well, at least let me give you something in return. | 好吧 至少让我送你些什么作为补偿 |
[20:40] | You name it. | 你说吧 |
[20:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:42] | – Yeah. – Well… | -对 -那么 |
[20:44] | I don’t like how happy you look right now. | 我不喜欢你现在超级开心的样子 |
[20:46] | This is living, huh? | 这才是活着 不是吗 |
[20:48] | How long do we have this thing for? | 我们得在这待多久 |
[20:50] | Only three hours. | 只有三个小时 |
[20:51] | You saw the sign. | 你看到标志了吗 |
[20:52] | Every bounce counts! | 每一跳都有价值 |
[20:54] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[20:55] | Get you some! Get it! | 跳起来 跳啊 |
[21:01] | The way things ended with me and Vlad, it always haunted me. | 我和弗拉德分手的那些事还令我心有余悸 |
[21:05] | Cam wasn’t wrong about this. | 小卡没说错 |
[21:06] | We paid for the whole seat, | 我们买了全票 |
[21:07] | but we’re only using the edge of it. | 但只看懂了它的边角 |
[21:08] | You know, I only owe you so much. | 你知道吗 我只欠你这么多 |
[21:10] | You don’t get an unlimited number of these. | 我对你的补偿也是有限的 |
[21:13] | Tammy, you are never gonna believe who’s here. | 泰咪 你绝不会相信谁在这里 |
[21:15] | – Who? – Vlad. | -谁 -弗拉德 |
[21:16] | Oh, my God, where? | 我的天 在哪 |
[21:18] | Out there. | 在那里 |
[21:20] | I think might duck out early. | 我觉得我得早点溜了 |
[21:22] | There he is. That’s Vlad. | 他在那 他就是弗拉德 |
[21:25] | Lucky! | 太幸运了 |
[21:27] | Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! | 弗拉德 弗拉德 弗拉德 |