时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Are you sure we need that much ice, buddy? | 你确定我们需要加这么多冰吗 儿子 |
[00:03] | All NBA players use cold water immersion therapy. | 所有美国职篮球员都用冷水浸浴法 |
[00:06] | Let’s do it. | 来吧 |
[00:09] | You’re right. It’s not that b– | 你说得对 也没那么… |
[00:11] | One year ago today, I had the chance to be a hero. | 一年前的今天 我有机会成为英雄 |
[00:15] | It was the annual high school charity basketball game — | 那是年度高中慈善篮球比赛 |
[00:17] | parents versus teachers. | 家长对战老师 |
[00:19] | We were raising money for Mrs. Martin in the attendance office | 我们在为出勤率办公室的马丁太太筹钱 |
[00:21] | who lost her house in a mudslide. | 泥石流冲垮了她的房子 |
[00:24] | One minute it was present, the next it was absent. | 房子前一分钟还”出席” 下一分钟就”缺席”了 |
[00:27] | Down 2, a second left, I was fouled. | 我们落后两分 比赛只剩一秒钟 我来罚球 |
[00:30] | The game was in my hands. | 胜负就在我手中 |
[00:35] | I crumbled under the pressure. | 在巨大的压力之下 我掉链子了 |
[00:37] | I’ve waited a year for my shot at redemption | 这赎罪的机会我等了一年 |
[00:39] | and left nothing to chance. | 这次我不要留任何弱点 |
[00:41] | Harder! | 下手重点 |
[00:42] | I have worked out like a madman — | 我像疯子一样锻炼 |
[00:45] | passing and dribbling drills, agility training… | 传球运球训练 敏捷训练 |
[00:48] | …and I top it all off with 100 free throws every day… | 最厉害的是 我每天练习100个罚球 |
[00:54] | …no matter how tired I am. | 无论我那天有多累 |
[01:00] | It had been a year of painful training, but I was ready. | 我经历了一年的痛苦训练 但我已经准备好了 |
[01:18] | I spilled juice on the rug. Please don’t tell Mama. | 我把果汁洒在地毯上了 请别告诉妈妈 |
[01:23] | Don’t tell Mama? | 别告诉妈妈 |
[01:25] | What about “Don’t tell Papa?” | 怎么不说别告诉爸爸 |
[01:27] | A boy is supposed to fear his father. | 男孩应该害怕自己的父亲 |
[01:29] | I shook in my boots around my old man, | 在我爸爸身边 我瑟瑟发抖 |
[01:31] | just like he did around his. | 他在他爸爸身边也是如此 |
[01:32] | To this day, I hear the crack of a Schlitz | 直到今天 我听见打开施丽兹啤酒的声音 |
[01:36] | or smell some Singleton’s Beard Tonic, | 或者闻到辛格尔顿须后水的味道时 |
[01:38] | and I’m sweating like a mob rat in Little Italy. | 都会像小意大利区的黑帮叛徒一样浑身出汗 |
[01:47] | Ow! Oh, tripped! | 我绊倒了 |
[01:48] | Enough! | 够了 |
[01:50] | How many times have I told you to pick up your toys? | 要我跟你说多少次你才会捡起你的玩具 |
[01:52] | You’re funny! | 你真搞笑 |
[01:54] | Enough! Pick up the toys! | 够了 捡起玩具 |
[02:00] | Gloria! What a surprise! | 歌洛莉亚 真是惊喜 |
[02:04] | There’s a mom at Manny’s school | 曼尼的学校有个妈妈 |
[02:05] | that I’ve had some problems with. | 我跟她不太对盘 |
[02:07] | She’s your typical blonde airhead Barbie doll doctor. | 她就是典型的金发傻帽芭比娃娃医生 |
[02:11] | Hola, Donna. | 你好啊 唐娜 |
[02:12] | Did you wander in by mistake? | 你是不小心逛到这里来了吗 |
[02:14] | You know they don’t sell shoes here. | 这里可不卖鞋 |
[02:16] | Oh, no, I see you buy a lot of hot dogs. | 天啊 你买这么多热狗 |
[02:18] | It’s so sad when someone just gives up. | 你就这样放弃保持身材真是太惨了 |
[02:21] | I’m selling these at the high school charity basketball game. | 我要在高中慈善篮球赛上卖这些 |
[02:24] | Poor Mrs. Martin. | 可怜的马丁太太 |
[02:25] | This year we’re raising money to get her a new kidney | 今年我们要为她筹钱换肾 |
[02:28] | So, can we count on you? | 我们能指望你吗 |
[02:29] | For the kidney? | 捐肾吗 |
[02:31] | To write a check, like you always do. | 写张捐款支票 就跟你以前一样 |
[02:34] | Yes. | 行啊 |
[02:34] | Money is almost as good as actually doing something. | 捐钱几乎算得上和做实事一样好呢 |
[02:40] | $40 at the estate sale? Can you believe that? | 房地产拍卖会上40美元买的 你敢信吗 |
[02:41] | Like, there’s no way you’d even notice. | 你根本不会发现是拍卖品 |
[02:44] | Dad, hi. | 爸爸 好啊 |
[02:45] | Turn on channel 12. | 打开12频道 |
[02:47] | It’s an expose on cheap lumber | 新闻曝光了一种 |
[02:49] | that’s got some chemical in it that’s making people sick, | 内含致人生病的化学制品的廉价木材 |
[02:51] | and Closets, Closets, Closets, Closets bought a bunch of it. | “衣柜衣柜衣柜衣柜”公司买了许多 |
[02:55] | Oh, look — There’s Earl’s daughter, Shirl. | 瞧瞧 是厄尔的女儿雪莉 |
[02:58] | We caught with the local man | 我们采访了这位 |
[02:59] | who reported flu-like symptoms | 与受污染的木材接触之后 |
[03:00] | after contact with the tainted wood. | 出现了类流感症状的当地男子 |
[03:03] | I just wanted to give my wife | 我只是想给我妻子做一个 |
[03:04] | a closet as beautiful as she is. | 跟她一样美丽的衣柜 |
[03:08] | Didn’t we buy some of — | 我们不是买了一些… |
[03:09] | Can you believe Earl’s dum-dum daughter | 你能相信厄尔的蠢货女儿 |
[03:12] | bought wood from those bozos? | 从那些笨蛋手里买了木材吗 |
[03:14] | Of course, when you two were growing up, | 当然啦 你俩长大时 |
[03:15] | she was always the slow one. | 她一直都是比较笨的那个 |
[03:17] | You remember when she thought that balloon was her friend? | 你记得她把那气球当她朋友吗 |
[03:20] | Balloon-da Carlisle. | 气球达·卡莱尔 |
[03:22] | Right. Well, back to it, Dad. | 好吧 我继续忙了 爸爸 |
[03:24] | See you later. | 回头见 |
[03:26] | I knew that deal was too good to be true. | 我就知道那木头这么划算 肯定有鬼 |
[03:29] | And now I’m gonna look as stupid as a girl | 现在我看起来就要跟一个 |
[03:31] | who pet two different class rabbits to death. | 把班里的两只兔子都抚摸死的女孩一样蠢了 |
[03:33] | A spot of tea, sir? | 喝点茶吗 先生 |
[03:35] | Only if it’s the fancy kind. | 是上等的我就喝 |
[03:37] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:38] | How good have our accents gotten? | 我们的英音都变得这么熟练了 |
[03:39] | – It’s insane. – Yeah. | -太不可思议了 -是啊 |
[03:41] | When Haley was 4, she and I had our first tea party, | 海莉4岁的时候 我们办了第一次茶话会 |
[03:44] | and since then, we’ve made it a tradition | 从那以后 我们把茶话会变成了传统 |
[03:46] | to meet for high tea once a year. | 每年都一起喝一次下午茶 |
[03:48] | It’s a time I’ve really come to cherish. | 我真的很珍惜这些时光 |
[03:50] | I don’t love the whole tea thing. | 我不喜欢他们这个什么茶话会 |
[03:52] | Mitchell and Haley always come back giggling | 米奇尔和海莉总是分享秘密 |
[03:53] | over shared secrets, and I feel left out. | 说说笑笑地回来 我觉得我被排挤在外 |
[03:57] | I once tried to start my own uncle-niece tradition, but… | 我试过自己搞一个舅舅侄女传统活动 但 |
[04:02] | I’m not questioning the methodology | 我不是质疑加速质谱法 |
[04:03] | behind accelerated mass spectrometry. | 背后的方法论 |
[04:05] | I’m merely pointing out that it’s not singular | 我只是单纯指出不是只有这个方法 |
[04:07] | in its power to separate a rare isotope | 才能够从丰度高的其他同位素中 |
[04:08] | from an abundant neighboring mass. | 分离出稀有的同位素 |
[04:11] | What’s going on with you and that handsome weatherman? | 你和那个帅气的天气预报员交往得怎么样 |
[04:14] | Things are great, mostly. | 大部分时候都很好 |
[04:16] | Yeah. | 挺好的 |
[04:16] | Oh. “mostly”? | “大部分时候” |
[04:18] | Well, what’s-what’s going on? | 遇到什么问题了吗 |
[04:19] | I mean, do you think it’s okay for your partner | 你能接受你的伴侣 |
[04:23] | to ask you to do… anything? | 对你提出的任何要求吗 |
[04:27] | Mm, no. Not anything anything. | 不能 不是任何要求都能接受 |
[04:29] | I mean, we all have our boundaries. | 我们都有个人界限 |
[04:30] | I mean, there are still things I wouldn’t ask Cam to do. | 还是有些事是我不会叫小卡去做的 |
[04:33] | Okay. So, um, Rainer and I | 好吧 是这样的 某天晚上 |
[04:35] | were in bed the other night, and… | 雷纳和我躺在床上 然后… |
[04:37] | And? | 然后怎么 |
[04:39] | He asked me to do something | 他叫我做某件 |
[04:40] | I’m not totally comfortable with. | 让我有点不舒服的事 |
[04:42] | What’d he ask you to do? | 他叫你做什么了 |
[04:44] | No-No judgments. Just whenever you’re ready. | 我不会评头论足的 你准备好了再说 |
[04:47] | So, he was lying on his side, | 他当时侧躺着 |
[04:49] | and he said that that was part of it, | 他说要以那种体位才能做 |
[04:50] | and then he asked me to c- | 然后他叫我c… |
[04:53] | Haley! | 海莉 |
[04:55] | What’d he ask you to do? | 他叫你做什么 |
[04:55] | Quick, write it down on this napkin. | 快 写在这张餐巾纸上 |
[04:56] | Rainer, what are you doing here? | 雷纳 你怎么来了 |
[04:58] | You left your earbuds in my car. | 你把耳机落在我车里了 |
[05:00] | I know you like to use them to ignore people. | 我知道你喜欢以它们为借口来无视别人 |
[05:02] | Do you want to join us? | 你想和我们一起喝茶吗 |
[05:03] | – You don’t mind, do you, Uncle Mitch? – No! | -你不介意吧 米奇舅舅 -怎么会 |
[05:11] | It feels weird to be back here. | 回到这里的感觉太奇怪了 |
[05:13] | This gym got the better of me once. | 我曾败在这间体育馆里 |
[05:15] | Dad, you’re psyching yourself out. | 爸 你又要把自己逼疯了 |
[05:17] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[05:18] | The only thing different between this year and last | 今年与去年唯一的区别 |
[05:20] | is I’m prepared this year. | 是今年我有备而来 |
[05:22] | And DeAndre Jordan and Charles Barkley are here. | 德安德鲁·乔丹和查尔斯·巴克利也来了 |
[05:26] | Is this where we get our hand stamped? | 是在这里盖已买票的章吗 |
[05:28] | Sometimes I like to leave and come back to things. | 有时候我喜欢去别的地方逛逛再回来 |
[05:31] | Uh, why-why are you here? | 你们怎么来了 |
[05:33] | Our agent’s wife is a math teacher at the school. | 我们经纪人的妻子是这所学校的数学老师 |
[05:35] | Let’s go get our seats. | 咱去占座吧 |
[05:36] | We don’t want anybody to block us. | 我们不想被人们挡住视线 |
[05:38] | Yeah, yeah. I-I get that. | 是啊 我懂 |
[05:41] | So, I’m playing in front of two NBA stars? | 所以我得在大牌职篮球星面前打球吗 |
[05:43] | Plus, once people know they’re here, | 还有 一旦人们听说他们在这 |
[05:45] | the crowd will be like five times the size it was last year. | 围观群众肯定会比去年多五倍 |
[05:47] | Well, we still live in a world with a fire marshal. | 消防局长不会让这么多人挤在馆里的 |
[05:50] | Wait. | 等等 |
[05:50] | They’re probably just here to show their faces | 没准他们只是来露个脸 |
[05:51] | and make a quick exit… | 站个台就走了 |
[05:54] | Dad, don’t let them faze you. | 爸 别被他们影响 |
[05:56] | This is what you’ve trained for. | 你为此艰苦训练过 |
[05:57] | You’re ready. | 你准备好了 |
[05:58] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[05:59] | I just need to shake the jitters off a little bit. | 我只要放松一下就好了 |
[06:01] | I got you, Larry. | 交给我 拉里 |
[06:03] | Spot up. | 定点跳投 |
[06:04] | No! | 不 |
[06:06] | Gloria? Is that you? | 歌洛莉亚 真的是你吗 |
[06:09] | My brain’s having a hard time processing you in this context. | 我的大脑不能接受你出现在此情此景里 |
[06:12] | Yeah, I came to sell my nachos to raise money. | 我来卖玉米片筹善款 |
[06:15] | How nice. | 你人真好 |
[06:16] | Although, some people are saying it’s too little too late, | 尽管有人说你的努力来得太迟太少 |
[06:19] | that you can’t just show up and get credit for it. | 你不能来露个脸就指望能记上一功 |
[06:22] | I think it’s mean, | 我觉得这些话很刻薄 |
[06:23] | but some people are saying it seems disingenuous. | 但有些人说你看起来有点虚伪 |
[06:26] | I just got here. | 我刚到这 |
[06:27] | When did you talk to all these people? | 你是什么时候听这些人说这些话的 |
[06:29] | I think you’ll find this crowd | 我认为你会发现这些人 |
[06:30] | no lika da nachos. | 不宣[喜欢]玉米片 |
[06:32] | I’m sorry if that sounds racist. | 如果你觉得学口音很种族歧视 我感到抱歉 |
[06:33] | No, it didn’t. | 才没有呢 |
[06:34] | I don’t even know what language you were trying to make fun of. | 我根本就没听出你在取笑哪种语言 |
[06:38] | Okay, since you’re not leaving, you can set up down there. | 既然你不打算走 你可以在那支个摊 |
[06:42] | No. | 不 |
[06:43] | It’s very dark, and it’s very far away! | 那好黑 还很偏 |
[06:45] | Good luck! | 祝你好运 |
[06:47] | Looks like that picture I Instagrammed of the three of us | 看起来我发的咱仨的合照 |
[06:49] | is a big hit with Rainer Nation. | 挺受我粉丝欢迎呢 |
[06:51] | And is it safe to post your location like that? | 你就这么发定位安全吗 |
[06:53] | Aren’t you worried about stalkers? | 你难道不担心有人跟踪你 |
[06:55] | Oh, no, it’s fine. | 不会 没事的 |
[06:56] | Most of my followers | 我的大多数粉丝 |
[06:57] | are just overly excited, love-starved old ladies. | 都是些过度兴奋 极端缺爱的老女人 |
[06:59] | Oh, I see your exclusive tea party opened up. | 你们的独家茶话会对外开放了啊 |
[07:01] | He just posted that. | 他才刚发推特 |
[07:03] | What, are you circling the restaurant? | 你是在餐厅外兜圈等待吗 |
[07:04] | Hey, Rainer Shine. | 你好 雷纳·向恩 |
[07:06] | You sat next to him at Thanksgiving. | 感恩节的时候你就坐他旁边 |
[07:07] | Right! Manny! Sit down. Join us. | 对对 曼尼 快坐 一起啊 |
[07:09] | Actually, Cam, could I talk to you for a second? | 小卡 咱俩能单独聊会儿吗 |
[07:13] | Okay, before Rainer walked in, | 雷纳来之前 |
[07:15] | Haley was about to tell me something upsetting | 海莉正要说雷纳让她做的 |
[07:16] | he asked her to do in the bedroom. | 在床上某件令她感到略不舒服的事 |
[07:19] | Now, I didn’t get much, but he asked her to c– | 我没听到太多 他让她… |
[07:22] | To what? | 什么 |
[07:23] | He asked her to c– | 他让她c… |
[07:25] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[07:26] | Okay, no one else come near us. Thank you. | 都不要再靠近我俩了 谢谢合作 |
[07:28] | That’s all she got out — “C–.” And then Rainer walked in. | 她就说了个c 然后雷纳就闯进来了 |
[07:32] | Well, we have to find out. | 我们必须得问清楚 |
[07:34] | As her uncles, we need all the information we can | 作为她的舅舅 我们要掌握尽多的情况 |
[07:36] | so we can advise her properly. | 这样才能更好地给她作指导啊 |
[07:37] | Yeah. She’s dating an older man. | 没错 她约会对象比她大好多 |
[07:39] | If she’s uncomfortable, it’s our duty to protect her. | 如果她不舒服 我们有责任保护她 |
[07:41] | Okay. So we said all that. | 好 那我们达成一致 |
[07:43] | What could “C–” be? | c开头的词都有啥啊 |
[07:45] | -Carrot? -Mnh-mnh. | -萝卜 -不对 |
[07:46] | Cupping? | 杯吸法 |
[07:48] | You don’t think it could be a Canadian long jump, do you? | 你不会觉得是加拿大长跳吧 |
[07:50] | What part would a woman play in that? | 这招里并没有需要女人的地方啊 |
[07:55] | That’s the last of the paper trail. | 这是最后一份文件证据 |
[07:57] | Great. | 干得漂亮 |
[07:57] | Okay, and so the red pins on this map mark | 这个地图上的红别针标的 |
[07:59] | all the locations of closets | 是有毒木材制成的衣柜 |
[08:01] | that were made with the toxic wood. | 所发往的地点 |
[08:03] | Okay, and we have recalled | 我们已经召回了 |
[08:04] | 9 out of 10 of the contaminated closets, | 十个里我们已经召回九个了 |
[08:06] | so we only have to track down one more. | 我们只需追踪剩下的最后一个 |
[08:07] | And since you didn’t ask, the green pins | 既然你没问 绿色别针 |
[08:09] | are all the addresses of potential fathers of mine. | 是我所有的潜在父亲的住址 |
[08:12] | Oh, hey. How’re you doing? | 你们在干嘛呢 |
[08:14] | Did I hear somebody using my shredder without signing it out? | 我听说有人没登记就用了我的粉碎机 |
[08:18] | No. | 没 |
[08:18] | Confetti!! | 碎纸屑 |
[08:20] | Hey! The kid doesn’t fear me as he should, | 那孩子完全不怕我 |
[08:22] | so I brought him in here | 所以我把他带到这 |
[08:23] | to show him my scary boss side. | 让他看看我霸道总裁的一面 |
[08:24] | -Play along. -Okay. | -配合点 -好的 |
[08:25] | Ben, how dumb do you think I am? | 本 你觉得我是有多傻 |
[08:27] | You found out? | 你发现了吗 |
[08:27] | Of course I found out. I know everything. | 我当然发现了 我啥都知道 |
[08:29] | It was her idea! | 全是她的主意 |
[08:30] | -Ben! -No, he’s doing great. | -本 -不 他做得很好 |
[08:32] | You’re in big trouble, mister. | 你惹上大麻烦了 小子 |
[08:33] | Jay, I’m so sorry. We were just trying to s– | 杰 真的对不起 我们正要尽力 |
[08:34] | Enough! | 够了 |
[08:36] | Come on, Joe! | 我们走 乔 |
[08:37] | Enough! | 够了 |
[08:41] | Could you have rolled over any faster? | 你招供速度还能再更快点吗 |
[08:43] | My dad didn’t know anything. | 我爸什么都不知道 |
[08:44] | That was just a big act for his kid. | 这只是为了他小孩演的戏 |
[08:45] | Yeah, I know. I was playing along to — | 我知道 我只是配合演出 |
[08:47] | Save it, okay? | 得了吧 |
[08:48] | Somewhere, one of these green pins is very disappointed. | 绿色别针指的某个地方 有个很失望的老爸 |
[08:59] | Nachos. Come get some nachos. | 玉米片 来点玉米片吧 |
[09:02] | No one even knew that I was back there. | 根本没人知道我在后面 |
[09:05] | You know it’s loud when you can’t hear my voice! | 当你连我声音都听不到时 就知道有多吵了 |
[09:08] | My goodness. | 天啊 |
[09:09] | At this rate, I’ll break my own sales record. | 照这样 我要打破自己的销售记录了 |
[09:12] | Hola. Do you guys want to try some nachos? | 你们好 想来点玉米片不 |
[09:15] | That sounds pretty good. | 听起来不错啊 |
[09:16] | Ugh, you are so transparent, Glenn. | 你的贼心也太一目了然了 格伦 |
[09:18] | Come, come, come. | 快来 快来 |
[09:21] | We’re expanding to chips. | 本店扩张开始卖薯片了 |
[09:27] | Cam, you’re staring. | 小卡 你太明显在盯着人家了 |
[09:28] | No, I’m not. So are you. | 我才没有 你不也是 |
[09:30] | Ohh, I should take this. It might be drizzle-related. | 我得接电话 可能跟雨情有关 |
[09:33] | So, Haley, we are here to help you tell us what “C–” is. | 海莉 我们是来鼓励你说出c…是什么的 |
[09:37] | You told him? | 你竟然告诉他了 |
[09:38] | You can confide in us. We’re middle-aged gay men. | 你可以放心倾诉 我们是中年同性恋 |
[09:40] | Whatever it is, we have heard of it. | 不管是什么 我们肯定都听说过 |
[09:43] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:44] | The other night, Rainer asked me | 某天晚上 雷纳问我 |
[09:45] | if I would be into | 是否愿意做 |
[09:47] | candling. | 耳烛 |
[09:52] | You know what that is, right? | 你们知道那是什么吧 |
[09:53] | – Yes! – Yes! | -当然 -当然 |
[09:55] | It’s when you do the… | 就是做那个… |
[09:57] | and then — and then you — | 然后 然后… |
[09:58] | and then you do the — the boop, boop. | 然后再噗噗 |
[10:02] | Candling is where you light a hollow candle and insert it… | 耳烛就是点燃一根中空的蜡烛放入… |
[10:07] | into one of the ear canals… | 一边耳道内 |
[10:09] | to remove ear wax. | 以清除耳垢 |
[10:12] | Ah — oh, God. | 老天 |
[10:13] | The thing is, I don’t know if I want to be | 问题是 我不知道自己是否 |
[10:14] | that intimate with Rainer. | 想和雷纳那么亲密 |
[10:16] | Am I really ready to see gunk coming out of his ear? | 我真的准备好看到他流出的耳屎了吗 |
[10:18] | I mean, like, what if he stops being sexy? | 万一看完觉得他不性感了怎么办 |
[10:20] | Well, it is intimacy like that | 就是这样的亲密事 |
[10:21] | that separates casual dating from something more serious. | 才能让人分出随便谈谈与真爱的不同 |
[10:24] | But what about what you said earlier, | 那你之前说的呢 |
[10:25] | how even committed relationships like yours have boundaries? | 即使你们这么坚定的伴侣也有个人界限 |
[10:28] | Excuse me, what boundaries? | 说什么 什么界限 |
[10:29] | Hey, my phone died. Can I borrow one of yours? | 我手机没电了 能借用你们的吗 |
[10:31] | You told her we have boundaries? | 你跟她说我们有界限吗 |
[10:33] | You told them I asked you to candle me? | 你跟他们说我让你给我做耳烛吗 |
[10:35] | Okay, I feel like this tea’s getting away from us. | 我感觉我们快喝不了茶了 |
[10:39] | Nachos! Get your nachos here! | 玉米片 来买玉米片啊 |
[10:43] | Get! | 走开 |
[10:45] | Get! | 走开 |
[10:50] | Goaltending! Ref, do your job! | 干扰球 裁判 吹哨啊 |
[10:52] | I’m a pharmacist. | 我只是个药剂师 |
[10:53] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:57] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[10:58] | You seem a little tight, man. | 你似乎有点紧绷 |
[10:59] | Hey, DeAndre Jordan. | 德安德鲁·乔丹 |
[11:00] | Uh, no, no, no, just working out the jim-jams. | 没有没有 只是稍稍有点怯场 |
[11:03] | First half’s about getting a read. | 反正前半重在了解对手 |
[11:04] | Yeah, right. | 好吧 |
[11:05] | I didn’t realize that fans were coaching. | 我都不知道粉丝还能指导呢 |
[11:07] | And you’re helping the parents. | 而且你帮的是家长队 |
[11:09] | Teachers are the backbone of our country. | 教师是我们国家的支柱 |
[11:11] | Get out of here. | 滚吧 |
[11:11] | Parenting is the hardest job in the world. | 当父母是这世上最艰难的工作 |
[11:13] | I’m so sick of you acting like you know everything. | 我受够了你自作聪明的样子 |
[11:15] | Going to therapy did nothing for you. | 你去看心理医生真是屁用都没有 |
[11:17] | First of all, stop transferring. | 首先 你别转队了 |
[11:19] | Secondly, how about I coach that team, | 其次 不如我指导那支队伍 |
[11:21] | you coach this team? | 你指导这支队伍 |
[11:22] | 10 Dolphin Dollars you and Phil are going down. | 10块海豚币赌你和菲尔输定了 |
[11:26] | 10? You can’t even get a Foam Flipper with that. | 10块连个泡棉海豚都买不起 |
[11:29] | Let’s make it 50. | 何不赌50海豚币 |
[11:30] | D.J., please. | 德哥 别这样 |
[11:31] | How bout 50 real ones? | 50块现金怎么样 |
[11:33] | Okay. Make it five grand. | 好 那就5000美金 |
[11:34] | That’s the jump? | 一下抬这么高吗 |
[11:36] | Go win this for me. | 为我赢下这场 |
[11:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:38] | We’re on the same team! | 我们是同一队的 |
[11:39] | Foul! Somebody fouled me! | 犯规 有人对我犯规 |
[11:41] | Stop flopping! | 别假摔了 |
[11:42] | Phil, come on, man. Focus! | 菲尔 加油 专注点 |
[11:43] | We just bet our Olympic gold medals. | 我们刚赌上了奥运金牌 |
[11:45] | Why? No one’s making you do this! | 为什么 没人逼你做到这一步 |
[11:52] | I hate that I made you uncomfortable. | 我不想让你不自在 |
[11:54] | I-I just wanted us to be real with each other. | 我只是想让我们对彼此更真实 |
[11:56] | I want that, too. | 我也想这样 |
[11:58] | I think I’m ready. I will candle you. | 我准备好了 我会给你做耳烛 |
[12:01] | Oh, look at that — | 瞧瞧 |
[12:02] | two virtual strangers breaking down walls | 两个真实的陌生人打破隔阂 |
[12:03] | when I didn’t even know we had any. | 而我原先都不知道我们有隔阂 |
[12:05] | When I told Haley we had boundaries, | 我告诉海莉我们有界限 |
[12:06] | I just meant that there are certain things | 只是指某些事 |
[12:08] | I’d rather not ask you to do. | 我不会想请你做 |
[12:09] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[12:10] | We should be open and honest | 不管我们有何需求 |
[12:11] | about whatever our wants and needs are. | 都该对彼此坦诚 |
[12:14] | As long as we’re being real, | 既然我们决定坦诚以对 |
[12:16] | there’s something you need to know. | 我有件事要向你坦白 |
[12:17] | There is absolutely nothing I — | 我什么事情都愿意… |
[12:19] | Shh! I want to hear this. | 别打扰我看好戏 |
[12:20] | Give me your hands. | 把你的手给我 |
[12:21] | Okay, deep breath. Come on, Haley. | 好 深呼吸 海莉加油 |
[12:25] | I draw in my eyebrows. | 我的眉毛是画出来的 |
[12:28] | This is the real me. | 素颜的我长这样 |
[12:32] | Did he leave? Is he still here? | 他吓跑了吗 他还在不在 |
[12:34] | I’m still here, and you’re still beautiful. | 我还在 而你还是一样的美丽动人 |
[12:37] | Stop running from me. | 别再逃避我了 |
[12:39] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:41] | I have a confession of my own. | 我也有件事要向你坦白 |
[12:43] | Two seconds. | 看完好戏再说 |
[12:44] | I’ve never told anyone this. | 我从来没告诉过任何人 |
[12:47] | I use tape to pull my neck back. | 我用胶带给脖子拉皮 |
[12:49] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[12:51] | Wow. So brave. | 好帅好勇敢 |
[12:53] | I feel so naked right now. | 我现在感觉好赤裸 |
[12:54] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[12:55] | They look exactly the same, right? | 他们看起来根本没差别 是不 |
[12:57] | No, what they look is happy | 有差 他们看起来很幸福 |
[12:58] | because they are brave enough | 因为他们勇敢地 |
[12:59] | – to be vulnerable with each other. – Cam — | -向对方展现了自己脆弱的一面 -小卡 |
[13:01] | It’s just ironic that you won’t ask me | 你知道有多讽刺吗 你不敢叫我 |
[13:03] | to do whatever it is | 帮你做那件神秘的事 |
[13:05] | because you’re worried I’ll judge you, | 因为你怕我会鄙视你 |
[13:07] | but I’m judging you now for not trusting me, | 然而我现在就在鄙视你 因为你不信任我 |
[13:09] | and that hurts. | 这样真的很伤人 |
[13:14] | You’re right, of course. | 你说得果然没错 |
[13:15] | This is only bringing us closer together. | 这样做真的使我们的关系更亲密了 |
[13:18] | Uh-huh! Who’d you say normally does this? | 当然啦 平时是找谁帮你弄来着 |
[13:19] | Uh, this place near my old office. | 我以前办公室附近的一家店 |
[13:21] | Lily in a pinch. | 万不得已时也会找莉莉 |
[13:22] | Okay, well, I think that’s it. | 好啦 应该刮干净了 |
[13:24] | Oh, no, you have to go over it one more time. | 不行 你还要再刮一遍 |
[13:25] | Okay, we’re not painting a bridge. | 够了 又不是在给桥上漆 |
[13:29] | Okay, I’ve checked twice. | 我已经找了两遍了 |
[13:30] | There’s no invoice for this last closet. | 都没找到最后一个毒衣柜的发票 |
[13:31] | Well, there has to be, | 肯定有的 |
[13:32] | and we’ve got to find it before my dad does. | 一定要找出来 不能被我爸看到 |
[13:34] | Is there any chance you accidentally shredded it? | 会不会是你不小心放碎纸机里碎掉了 |
[13:36] | Don’t worry. If I did, it’s an easy restore. | 淡定 就算真的碎掉了 我也能轻易拼回来 |
[13:38] | I was regional jigsaw champion in the under-60 category. | 我可是地区拼图大赛60岁以下组别的冠军 |
[13:44] | That weird sneeze. | 这诡异的喷嚏 |
[13:45] | You sound like the guy who was sick on the news. | 听着就跟新闻上那个得病男的症状一样 |
[13:47] | No, that guy was falling apart. | 怎么会 那人都快要散架了 |
[13:51] | You can’t be infected. | 你不可能被感染了 |
[13:52] | It’s not like you’ve spent any time around that wood. | 你并没有跟那块木板接触过 |
[13:54] | I mean, you don’t hang out in the warehouse. | 你又不会去仓库 |
[13:56] | – I’ve seen how much those guys pants you. – Oh, my God. | -我见识过他们有多爱脱你裤子整你 -天啊 |
[13:59] | My mom has a new boyfriend, | 我妈妈交了个新男友 |
[14:00] | and she doesn’t want him to know she has kids, | 她不想让他知道她有孩子 |
[14:02] | so when he comes over, I sleep in the conference room. | 所以每次他来我家 我就要到会议室过夜 |
[14:04] | Which is where the sample closet is, | 会议室里有个样板衣柜 |
[14:06] | which is why there’s no record of it! | 难怪找不到销售记录 |
[14:08] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[14:11] | I don’t like to talk about it a lot, | 我不常自夸这一点 |
[14:13] | but I have a certain expertise in timber. | 可是我对木材挺有研究 |
[14:15] | Even blindfolded, | 即使蒙上眼睛 |
[14:16] | I can tell a Galapagos teak from a Maltese cherry. | 我也能区分得出加拉帕戈斯柚木和马耳他樱木 |
[14:19] | Came in handy for a cop friend of mine. | 有一次还用上了这个技能 |
[14:22] | Helped him round up the Cedar Boys. | 帮我的警察朋友逮捕了《雪松兄弟》 |
[14:24] | Dad? Hey! | 爸 |
[14:26] | What are you doing in here, huh? | 你进来这里干吗 |
[14:28] | I’m checking out this new wood. | 我在检查这块新木 |
[14:29] | It’s not new wood. | 那才不是新木呢 |
[14:33] | The hell’s the matter with him? | 他有什么毛病啊 |
[14:35] | He’s got allergies. Yeah. | 他过敏啦 |
[14:35] | Allergies. Allergies. | 我过敏 是过敏 |
[14:37] | Oh, Dad, have you — have you seen | 爸 你看到我们 |
[14:38] | this new fish tank we just got? | 新买的鱼缸没 |
[14:40] | Check it. | 瞧瞧多漂亮 |
[14:41] | Where did you say we got this wood? | 你之前说这木材是从哪里进货的 |
[14:42] | Please, stop obsessing about the wood. | 拜托 这破木头有什么好研究的 |
[14:44] | – Hungry little sucker, huh? – Oh, yeah. | -这鱼好像饿鬼投胎一样 -就是啊 |
[14:46] | You sure that’s okay for him to eat? | 他吃掉这木头真的没问题吗 |
[14:47] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 没问题啊 |
[14:48] | Those fish are celebrated for their hardiness. | 那种鱼就是以生命力顽强著名的 |
[14:51] | Yeah, hardy. | 坚韧不拔 |
[14:52] | Yeah, they’re very popular amongst rappers | 他们在饶舌歌手圈里很受欢迎 |
[14:54] | ’cause they do equally well in Jacuzzis and champagne. | 因为在按摩浴缸和香槟里都能养活 |
[14:58] | Where’s Joe? | 乔在哪里 |
[14:59] | – He’s with Margaret. – Oh, okay. | -跟玛格丽特在一起 -好吧 |
[15:00] | I’m gonna bring him in here, have him check out this fish. | 我去带他过来 给他看看这个鱼 |
[15:02] | -That’s a good idea. -Getting back to this wood. | -好主意啊 -继续说这木头 |
[15:04] | Dad, the wood is fine. It’s — | 爸 这木头没问题 是… |
[15:07] | Oh, my — | 天… |
[15:08] | Turns out, the wood doesn’t just make people sick. | 结果发现 这木头不止会让人病 |
[15:10] | It also kills fish. | 还会弄死鱼 |
[15:12] | Well, I couldn’t let Dad know I bought murder wood, | 我不敢让我爸知道我买了杀鱼木 |
[15:15] | so I sent Ben to get a replacement fish | 所以我让本下楼去 |
[15:17] | from the tank in the lobby. | 从大堂鱼缸弄只一样的鱼来 |
[15:18] | So, those seem right to you? Hmm? | 看起来还不错吧 |
[15:21] | They’re strudy enough. | 质量结实 |
[15:22] | Smooth pivot. | 转轴平滑 |
[15:24] | Even glide. | 抽屉平高 |
[15:26] | I was already suspicious of that wood, but then it kills fish? | 我本来就对这木头有疑心 它还杀了鱼 |
[15:29] | Claire obviously bought some of that tainted lumber, | 克莱尔绝对是买到了受污染木头 |
[15:31] | and then she tries hide it? | 她还想瞒着我 |
[15:32] | She must think I’m denser than a Ponderosa maple. | 她心里一定觉得我比美国黄松木还傻[结实] |
[15:35] | That’s a nice, easy ride. | 用起来感觉又好又顺手啊 |
[15:37] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[15:39] | Hey, kiddo, why’s your hand wet? | 闺女 你的手为什么湿了 |
[15:41] | It’s not. It’s sweaty. | 不是啦 是流手汗而已 |
[15:42] | I went to the gym this morning. | 我今天早上去健身了 |
[15:43] | Fridays I do legs and hands. | 周五练腿练手 |
[15:46] | Claire, here’s the water you asked for. | 克莱尔 你让我去弄的水 |
[15:48] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[15:50] | My tooth just fell out. | 我牙都掉了 |
[15:51] | You know, I got a little something stuck in my throat. | 我喉咙好像卡了点什么 |
[15:53] | Give me a slug of that water. | 这水让我喝一口 |
[15:54] | Oh, no, you don’t want this lobby water. | 你不会想喝这个大堂水的 |
[15:56] | I just need a sip. | 我就喝一小口就行 |
[15:57] | It’s from the fountain, | 是从大堂饮水机装来的 |
[15:58] | and the warehouse guys put their mouth all over it. | 仓库工人喝的时候嘴都会贴上去 |
[16:00] | Just give it to me. | 给我就是了 |
[16:01] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[16:06] | Oh, my God, you actually did it. | 天啊 你还真喝下去了 |
[16:08] | Can you feel that thing swimming around in your belly? | 能感觉到那玩意在你肚子里游吗 |
[16:10] | You knew there was a fish in there? | 你知道里面有鱼的啊 |
[16:12] | I saw you toss the other one out. | 我看见你把原来那只扔掉了 |
[16:13] | You’re so afraid of getting caught screwing up, | 你就这么怕犯错我发现 |
[16:15] | you’d swallow an animal? | 你宁愿吞下一只生物吗 |
[16:17] | This sort of seems like a family thing, | 感觉你们谈家事需要空间 |
[16:19] | and my vision is tunneling, so… | 而且我的视线开始狭窄了… |
[16:22] | All right, well, we recalled all the bad wood, | 好吧 用了那批木头的产品已经召回 |
[16:24] | but that doesn’t mean that we didn’t screw up. | 但这并不代表我们没犯错 |
[16:27] | So, go ahead, let me have it. | 所以你来吧 好好骂我一顿吧 |
[16:28] | Tear my head off. | 手撕你闺女 |
[16:30] | Tell me how I’ve disappointed you yet again. | 说我这次又怎么让你失望了 |
[16:32] | And what is happening? | 这是怎么回事 |
[16:34] | All day long I’ve been trying to get Joe to fear me. | 今天一天我都在想办法让乔怕我 |
[16:37] | Maybe that’s not the best thing for kids. | 但或许这对孩子并不好 |
[16:41] | Hi. | 你来啦 |
[16:41] | Well, I made six Dolphin Dollars | 我赚了六块海豚币 |
[16:43] | plus 20 real ones from some weirdo | 还有某个怪人给我20块真钞 |
[16:45] | who wanted me to ladle cheese straight into his mouth. | 让我直接舀一勺起司进他嘴里 |
[16:48] | All right, papi, thank you so much, | 好吧 乖儿子谢谢你帮忙 |
[16:49] | but I still need help attracting customers over there. | 但我还是需要人帮忙吸引客人来我摊子 |
[16:52] | Oh, I can see if Phil has that thing in his car | 我可以去菲尔的车上看看 |
[16:53] | that flails around like this. | 他那个会这么挥舞的东西 |
[16:55] | Claire? | 卡莱尔吗 |
[16:56] | No, his Tube Dude. | 不是啦 是空气跳舞男 |
[17:01] | Can I help you with anything? | 有何能为您效劳吗 |
[17:02] | I’m just going to buy a snack with my last five Dolphin Dollars. | 我想要用我最后五块海豚币买个零食 |
[17:05] | I don’t want to throw them away. | 我不想把这个丢掉 |
[17:06] | That’s how they get you. | 证据就是这么留下的 |
[17:08] | The nachos are amazing. | 玉米片特别好吃 |
[17:09] | But do not get anything | 但绝对别去 |
[17:10] | from the stand that is over there — | 那边那摊子买东西 |
[17:11] | The hot dog lady? | 那个热狗女士吗 |
[17:12] | She just said the same thing about you. | 她刚才也这么说了你 |
[17:14] | You two remind me of me and DeAndre Jordan. | 你们两个让我想起我跟德安德鲁·乔丹 |
[17:17] | We have a rivalry, and I don’t know why. | 我们是宿敌 我也不知道为什么 |
[17:19] | Maybe in life we resent people who hold up a mirror | 或许我们在生活中 就讨厌着拿着镜子 |
[17:22] | and force us to look at the worst in ourselves. | 逼我们看到自己最丑恶一面的人 |
[17:24] | I see what you’re saying, Charles Barkley. | 我听懂你意思了 查尔斯·巴克利 |
[17:27] | And that’s what we call an assist. | 我们打篮球的把这叫助攻 |
[17:30] | Hand stamp. | 买过票盖过章了 |
[17:33] | Donna, we have to stop this fighting. | 唐娜 我们不能再斗下去了 |
[17:35] | A wise man once told me that we resent mirrors | 有位智者曾告诉过我 我们讨厌 |
[17:39] | that show us what we don’t want to see. | 让我们看到自己丑恶一面的镜子 |
[17:42] | That’s ridiculous. | 真是可笑 |
[17:43] | I love mirrors. | 我可喜欢镜子了 |
[17:44] | But the point is that I was mad | 但重点是我生气是因为 |
[17:46] | because you made me see who I really am, | 你让我看清了我真实的一面 |
[17:49] | and I was shocked to see what I have become. | 而我对自己变成的模样感到讶异 |
[17:52] | Stop talking. | 别说了 |
[17:53] | You’re sounding human, and I don’t like that. | 你的话听起来好有人味 我不喜欢这样 |
[17:55] | I am soft, privileged lady, and I thought that bothered me. | 我集万千宠爱于一身 本以为这让我有点羞愧 |
[17:59] | Until today, I realized that it doesn’t. | 直到今天 我才意识到压根没有 |
[18:02] | I don’t want to do this. | 我才不想辛苦来卖小吃 |
[18:04] | I love my pretty, pretty life. | 我喜欢我炊金馔玉的 膏粱锦绣的生活 |
[18:06] | The only thing that makes me feel bad | 而唯一让我感到不安的事 |
[18:08] | is that I don’t really feel bad about it. | 竟然是我并不为此感到难为情 |
[18:14] | Thank you so much for opening up to me. | 谢谢你愿意敞开心扉和我说这些话 |
[18:17] | I almost started to feel something for you, | 我差一点就要对你产生一点感情了 |
[18:19] | but then when you said you don’t feel guilty, | 但当你又说了你不觉得羞愧 |
[18:21] | my rage returned tenfold. | 我的愤怒值又反涨了十倍 |
[18:24] | And I need that rage. It gets me up in the morning. | 而我需要这愤怒的感觉 它是我每天起床的动力 |
[18:27] | Well, if it helps you, I eat everything I want, | 如果这能帮到你 从今天起我想吃什么就吃什么 |
[18:31] | and I work out like once a year. | 然后大概一年就只锻炼一次 |
[18:33] | You’re horrible. | 你这个小妖精 |
[18:36] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:38] | All right, guys — tie game, three seconds left. | 大家听好了 现在追平了 就剩下最后三秒钟 |
[18:40] | There’s only one thing that they’re not gonna be expecting. | 我们要做世上唯一一件他们意想不到的事情 |
[18:42] | We’re gonna get the ball to Phil. | 我们要把球传给菲尔 |
[18:43] | What? | 什么? |
[18:44] | They’re not even guarding you. | 他们甚至防都不防你 |
[18:46] | I’m so sure of this play, I just bet Barkley my car. | 我对这招很有信心 我跟巴克利赌上我的车了 |
[18:48] | Is it a Honda? | 是本田车吗? |
[18:50] | No, it’s a Phantom with my head as the hood ornament. | 是以我头像为车头标志的劳斯莱斯幻影 |
[18:52] | All right, let’s win this thing | 来吧 我们打赢这场比赛 |
[18:54] | -Phil, honey, hi! -Hey. | 菲儿 亲爱的 这里! |
[18:55] | I’m sorry we’re late, | 对不起我们来迟了 |
[18:56] | but at least we’re here for the end of the game. | 但好在我们及时赶来看到了比赛的结局 |
[18:58] | I could really use a win on the day I drank a fish. | 在我牛饮金鱼的日子 最需要一场胜利高兴一下 |
[19:00] | Drank like a fish. | 是”鲸吸牛饮” |
[19:01] | Wow, a bunch of NBA players are tweeting about this bet | 天啊 一堆职篮球员在推特上聊 |
[19:03] | between Charles Barkley and DeAndre Jordan. | 关于巴克利和德安德鲁之间的这场赌局 |
[19:05] | And they’re live-streaming it, | 而且他们还在现场直播这场比赛 |
[19:06] | so like 60,000 people are watching. | 现在大概有六万人在线观看 |
[19:07] | Since when do people care about basketball? | 人们什么时候开始这么关心篮球了 |
[19:09] | Calm down, Phil. You can do this, pal. | 冷静下来 菲尔 你可以做到的 哥们 |
[19:12] | You choose now to believe in me for the first time? | 你偏偏选这时候第一次相信我吗 |
[19:15] | All right, Phil. You got this, man. | 上场了 菲尔 你可以做到的 |
[19:19] | Two shots! | 罚两球 |
[19:21] | I can’t go, Coach. | 我走不动了 教练 |
[19:23] | Ow! My ankle. | 我的膝盖好痛 |
[19:25] | Well, well, well… | 哎哟哟 |
[19:28] | League rules dictate, if a player can’t attempt | 联赛规则是这样的 如果一个队员 |
[19:30] | a free throw because of injury, | 因为受伤不能进行罚球 |
[19:32] | opposing team gets to pick the shooter. | 对方球队将可以任意在罚球队选择一个投手 |
[19:34] | Right, but you’re not a know-it-all. | 的确 但你一样不是百事通 |
[19:36] | Don’t give this anger power. | 不要给我这份愤怒的力量 |
[19:38] | I pick you. Don’t choke. | 我选你了 千万”别怯场”啊 |
[19:44] | You got this, Phil. You got this, Phil. | 你能行的 菲尔 你最棒了 菲尔 |
[19:53] | Phil Dunphy to the free-throw line. | 菲尔·邓菲站到了罚球线前 |
[19:54] | Tie score. | 比数平手 |
[19:56] | This is for all the marbles, folks. | 现在是决胜时刻了 朋友们 |
[20:04] | Come on! | 怎么搞的 |
[20:08] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[20:09] | It’s gonna take an hour to get the power back up, | 要等一个小时他们才能把电力恢复 |
[20:11] | so they called the game. | 所以他们就宣布平局结束 |
[20:13] | I just feel so bad for Phil. | 我为菲尔感到好难过 |
[20:15] | You know him as this happy-go-lucky guy, | 他这个重在参与 成败在天型的乐天派 |
[20:17] | but he has been beating himself up over this for a year. | 其实在心里谴责自己一整年了 |
[20:21] | And he was so close! | 而他就差一点就可以证明自己了 |
[20:24] | It’s gonna haunt him never knowing | 不知道到底会不会投进的事 |
[20:26] | if he would have made that shot. | 将会在他心里不断萦绕 |
[20:31] | Game’s on the line. | 胜败就此一举 |
[20:34] | Everybody’s watching. | 大家都在看着你 |
[20:39] | This one’s for all the marbles, folks. | 现在是决胜时刻了 朋友们 |
[20:58] | Son of a bitch made it. | 这个小兔崽子居然真进了 |
[21:03] | You know, I’m glad we’re doing this again. | 你知道 我很高兴我们能再举办一次茶话会 |
[21:04] | Yeah, I think we just put too much pressure on it the first time. | 是啊 我感觉我们给第一次施加太大压力了 |
[21:06] | You know, humans aren’t the only ones | 其实人类不是唯一一个 |
[21:08] | who respond badly to pressure. | 会被压力带来负面影响的种族 |
[21:09] | Did I ever tell you about the day without eggs? | 不知道我没有跟你提过无蛋日 |
[21:11] | It was at the start of the Omelet Days Festival. | 那发生在煎蛋节刚刚开始的时候 |
[21:14] | Up with the sun, I grab my basket, | 太阳一出来 我就带上我的篮子 |
[21:16] | into the henhouse I go — 34 hens, nary an egg. | 走进了鸡棚 34只母鸡 连一个蛋都没有 |
[21:21] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[21:22] | My grandpa said it was the worst case of avian anxiety | 我爷爷说这是自珍珠港后他所见过 |
[21:26] | he’s seen since Pearl Harbor. | 最严重的一次禽类焦虑症了 |
[21:27] | That’s when they had to take the radio out of the coop. | 所以后来他们才要把收音机从鸡棚里收走… |