时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Behold the Quantum Flux — | 看啊 量子涨落 |
[00:02] | 量子涨落 是在空间任意位置对于能量的暂时变化 | |
[00:04] | a magic portal to the past, | 通往过去的魔法大门 |
[00:06] | what some might call a “Time machine.” | 有些人称之为”时间机器” |
[00:09] | This is where you guys go “Oooh.” | 你们该”哇”了 |
[00:11] | – No, thank you. – Just get on with it. | -不要 谢谢 -继续吧 |
[00:12] | “Ooh,” Indeed. | 是的 “哇” |
[00:13] | I’m throwing Dad and Gloria’s 10th anniversary party, | 我在办爸爸和歌洛莉亚的结婚十周年纪念派对 |
[00:15] | and Phil is part of the entertainment. | 而菲尔负责部分娱乐项目 |
[00:17] | I’m gonna make Gloria seemingly dematerialize, | 我要让歌洛莉亚在众人面前消失 |
[00:19] | then wondrously travel back through time, | 然后令人惊奇地穿越到过去 |
[00:21] | and then rematerialize in her wedding dress. | 最后穿着婚纱重新出现 |
[00:23] | She’s gonna change her clothes in a box. | 她要在箱子里换衣服 |
[00:25] | This is why I’m nervous about you introducing me. | 所以我对你在台上介绍我这事很紧张 |
[00:26] | I’m kidding! You’re gonna be great. | 我开玩笑的 你会表现得很棒的 |
[00:29] | He better be great. | 他最好发挥出色 |
[00:30] | I want Dad and Gloria’s party to be perfect. | 我希望爸爸和歌洛莉亚的派对十分完美 |
[00:33] | I was kind of a pill at their wedding. | 当年我在婚礼上还挺讨人厌的 |
[00:35] | I hadn’t fully accepted Gloria yet. | 我那时候还没完全接受歌洛莉亚 |
[00:37] | And I feel a little responsible for what happened with my mom. | 而且我觉得我亲妈会如此下场我有一点责任 |
[00:39] | I fed her, like, three drinks at the reception. | 我在婚宴上灌了她三杯 |
[00:42] | You know, just to take the edge off. | 想缓和一下气氛嘛 |
[00:44] | I’m Gloria! Kiss me! Oh, hey, kiss me! | 我是歌洛莉亚 吻我 快吻我 |
[00:48] | No, no! Oh, geez! | 不 天啊 |
[00:49] | Mom! Mom! | 妈妈 |
[00:50] | She almost took the doorframe off. | 她差点就把门框都扯掉了 |
[00:52] | Into the wormhole she goes. | 她进入了虫洞 |
[00:55] | Clocks turn backwards, | 时钟倒转 |
[00:56] | calendar pages re-attach themselves, | 日历重新一页页恢复 |
[00:59] | and behold! | 看呀 |
[01:00] | The beautiful bride! | 美丽的新娘 |
[01:04] | Guys! This isn’t exciting to you? | 各位 你们不觉得激动吗 |
[01:06] | Use your imaginations. | 脑补一下 |
[01:07] | Picture me standing next to Gloria | 幻想到时候我身旁的是穿着新娘服的 |
[01:09] | in a wedding dress. | 歌洛莉亚 |
[01:11] | We’re done. | 就这样吧 |
[01:13] | Mitchell, did you get the cake? | 米奇尔 你取蛋糕了吗 |
[01:15] | Yeah, yeah. I got everything. | 嗯 我都搞定了 |
[01:16] | Okay, good. I’ll have to meet you at Dad’s. | 好 我得在爸爸家跟你碰头 |
[01:18] | I need to go with Phil to pick up his magic box. | 我得跟菲尔一起去取魔法箱子 |
[01:20] | Oh, and, hey, you told Phil | 你跟菲尔说了 |
[01:21] | not to mention the trick to Cam, right? | 别跟小卡提变魔术的事 对吧 |
[01:23] | If Cam finds out, he’s just gonna want us | 如果小卡发现了 他会想让 |
[01:25] | to do some kind of performance, too. | 我俩也表演一番的 |
[01:26] | Pretty sure I told him not to say anything. | 我蛮确定跟他说了别告诉小卡 |
[01:32] | Yeah, pretty sure you didn’t. | 我蛮确定你没说 |
[01:46] | So, uh, what’s all this? | 这是要干嘛 |
[01:48] | This is redemption. | 这是补偿 |
[01:49] | Maybe just a straight answer. | 给我个直接的答案就好 |
[01:51] | The year was 2007 — | 那年是2007年 |
[01:53] | the wedding reception of Jay and Gloria. | 杰和歌洛莉亚的婚宴 |
[01:56] | Our gift to the newlyweds was a duet performance | 我们送新婚夫妇的礼物是二重唱 |
[01:58] | – of “Islands in the Stream.” – “Islands in the Stream.” | -《溪中小岛》 -《溪中小岛》 |
[02:00] | A gift that would never be, because… | 没送成这份礼物 因为 |
[02:02] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[02:03] | I fed my mom a few drinks at the reception. | 我在婚宴上灌了我妈妈几杯 |
[02:05] | I really did not want to sing, so I figured | 我真的不想唱歌 所以我想 |
[02:08] | if I got her a little tipsy, I wouldn’t have to perform | 如果我把她灌醉 我就没必要表演了 |
[02:10] | because I’d have to hold her hand… | 因为我得握着她的手 |
[02:12] | No, no, no! Oh, geez! | 不 天啊 |
[02:15] | Mom, Mom! | 妈妈 |
[02:16] | …and later hold her hair back. | 之后挽着她的头发让她吐 |
[02:18] | Well, your family has wondered for 10 years “What if?” | 你家人想象了十年 如果表演了会怎样 |
[02:20] | Today, they find out what for. | 今天 他们将得知答案 |
[02:23] | Mm, I don’t know, Cam. | 我不确定 小卡 |
[02:24] | I’m a little rusty, | 我有些生疏了 |
[02:25] | and acoustics are never good inside a tent. | 在帐篷里音响效果也不好 |
[02:28] | And — Oh! This party isn’t about us. | 还有 这场派对的重点不是我们 |
[02:30] | There’s a whole slate of performers. | 会有许多表演者 |
[02:32] | Gloria’s changing in a box. | 歌洛莉亚要在箱子里换衣服 |
[02:33] | Which makes our medley all the more welcome. | 这让我们的歌曲串烧更受欢迎了 |
[02:35] | It’s a medley now? No! No. | 现在成了歌曲串烧吗 不 |
[02:37] | In no way, shape, or form | 我今天绝对不可能以任何形态 |
[02:38] | am I performing today in front of my judgmental family. | 或者形式在我挑剔的家人面前表演 |
[02:41] | Fine. We’ll just… go to the party. | 好吧 我们就这么去派对吧 |
[02:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:45] | – No medley. ?- Exactly. | -不要歌曲串烧 -没错 |
[02:47] | Wait. This isn’t a trick — | 等等 这不是什么陷阱吧 |
[02:48] | Just three un-related songs. | 就三首没联系的歌曲 |
[02:49] | You just agreed. Rehearsal starts right now. | 你刚同意了 彩排现在开始 |
[02:51] | Jump in when you’re ready. | 准备好了就加入 |
[02:58] | Why are you cooking? | 为什么是你在做饭 |
[03:00] | Are you allowed back there? | 妈妈有允许你待在这吗 |
[03:01] | It’s our anniversary. | 这是我们的结婚纪念日 |
[03:02] | Can’t I do something nice for your mother? | 我不能为你妈妈做点好事吗 |
[03:04] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[03:06] | Morning, beautiful. | 早安 美女 |
[03:07] | We have huevos, we have chorizo, we have tortilla. | 早餐有西式的煎鸡蛋 辣香肠 玉米薄饼 |
[03:09] | What we ain’t got is Manny. | 唯一缺的只有曼尼 |
[03:11] | Unfortunately, he’s gonna be a no-show at the party today. | 很遗憾 他今天不会出席派对 |
[03:15] | What can I get you? | 我有何能为你做的 |
[03:17] | Take that garbage away from me. | 把这些垃圾从我身边拿开 |
[03:18] | I’m going for a walk. | 我要去散步 |
[03:21] | Manny was a big part of our wedding. | 曼尼是我们婚礼的一大亮点 |
[03:23] | He walked Gloria down the aisle, did the calligraphy. | 他牵着歌洛莉亚到证婚人前 还表演书法 |
[03:26] | And I knew him not showing up to our anniversary party | 我知道他不参加我们的周年派对 |
[03:28] | would put Gloria in a bad mood. | 会让歌洛莉亚心情很不好 |
[03:31] | In some ways, I feel responsible. | 某种程度来说 我觉得自己有责任 |
[03:36] | You’re home again? | 你又回来了吗 |
[03:38] | You’re in college. | 你都上大学了 |
[03:39] | You can’t come back every weekend! | 你不能每周末都回家啊 |
[03:41] | -So no hug? ?- I love you, | -都不拥抱一下吗 -我爱你 |
[03:43] | but you’re not making the most of your college experience | 但是你老待在这里 就不能最大程度地 |
[03:44] | by being here all the time. | 体验到大学生活了 |
[03:46] | My father dropped me off my freshman year, | 我大一时 我父亲送我去学校 |
[03:48] | and I didn’t see him again till the spring. | 我一直到来年春天才再见到他 |
[03:50] | – You want to know why? – I don’t know. | -想知道为什么吗 -我不知道 |
[03:51] | Something about dames and fistfights? | 跟姑娘和打架有关吗 |
[03:53] | Exactly — too busy making friends, | 没错 我忙于交朋友 |
[03:54] | chasing skirts, and things of that nature. | 泡妞之类的事情 |
[03:56] | But your mother and I think it’s bad for you | 但你母亲和我认为 总待在家里 |
[03:58] | to be here all the time. | 对你没好处 |
[04:00] | So hit the road, | 所以赶紧走吧 |
[04:01] | and we’ll see you at Thanksgiving. | 我们感恩节再见 |
[04:02] | Wait. I’m banned from my house? | 等等 我被禁止进入自己的房子了吗 |
[04:04] | Don’t think of it that way. | 别这样想 |
[04:06] | You’re banned from my house. | 你是被禁止进入我的房子 |
[04:10] | Technically, Gloria was not in on this decision, | 严格说来 歌洛莉亚没参与这一决定 |
[04:13] | in the sense that… | 意思就是 |
[04:14] | she was not in on this decision. | 她不知道这个决定 |
[04:20] | I was a little grumpy. | 我有点在闹脾气 |
[04:22] | I had agreed to do this magic trick | 我同意在派对上跟菲尔一起 |
[04:24] | at the party with Phil. | 表演这个魔术 |
[04:26] | I go into a box, | 我要进入一个箱子里 |
[04:27] | and then I come out in my wedding dress. | 然后穿着我的婚纱出来 |
[04:30] | But there was a problem. | 但是有个问题 |
[04:31] | Pull! | 拉 |
[04:32] | She won’t budge! | 拉不动啊 |
[04:35] | The only logical explanation | 唯一合理的解释就是 |
[04:36] | is that somebody snuck into my closet | 有人溜进了我的衣柜 |
[04:38] | and shrunk my wedding dress. | 把我的婚纱缩小了 |
[04:41] | Like, probably my sister. | 比如我妹妹 |
[04:43] | So for the past week, | 所以过去这周 |
[04:44] | I’ve had to, like, get even skinnier | 我在努力减肥 |
[04:46] | than I was at my wedding. | 要比我结婚时还要瘦 |
[04:48] | Oh, shut up. | 你闭嘴 |
[04:54] | Be cool. | 别丢人 |
[04:55] | Phil, it’s a magic shop. | 菲尔 这是魔术商店 |
[04:56] | I’m the coolest person that’s ever been in here. | 我是来过这店里最不丢人的那个人了 |
[05:04] | How does he do it? | 他怎么做到的 |
[05:05] | I’m kidding. I know how he does it. | 我开玩笑的 我知道他怎么弄的 |
[05:07] | Claire, meet the legendary Mister Ekshun. | 克莱尔 这位就是传奇的右导先生 |
[05:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:10] | And what’s this behind your ear? | 你耳朵后面是什么 |
[05:13] | Oh, just some sweater fluff. | 衣服掉毛了而已 |
[05:15] | Well, the place looks great. | 这地方太棒了 |
[05:16] | Can you imagine coming here every day? | 你能想象天天来这里吗 |
[05:18] | I wish it was every day. | 真希望是每天都来 |
[05:20] | I have less and less time for the old Illusionatorium, | 我现在那么多巡演要去 |
[05:22] | with all the road jobs I still book. | 越来越没时间打理幻想殿堂了 |
[05:24] | Would you mind quickly walking me through | 你可以快速再给我过一遍 |
[05:26] | the Quantum Flux Illusion? | 量子涨落魔术吗 |
[05:28] | Well, according to magic bylaws, | 根据魔术表演法则 |
[05:31] | I can’t disclose the secret | 有无执照魔术师在场时 |
[05:33] | in the presence of a non-licensed magician. | 我不能泄露表演秘密 |
[05:36] | Not a problem. I can just step outside. | 没问题 我可以去外面 |
[05:38] | Nonsense! | 胡说 |
[05:39] | We prepare for such things. | 我们早有准备 |
[05:42] | The old sensory-deprivation helmet. | 五感剥夺头盔 |
[05:45] | Oh! ?I put that baby on, | 我一戴上这玩意儿 |
[05:46] | it’s almost like I don’t have roommates. | 就感觉好像我没有室友似的 |
[05:49] | Yeah, I, like I said, could just step out– | 没错 我…我说过了 可以去外… |
[05:50] | Outside would be fine. | 去外面就可以 |
[05:53] | She’s lovely. | 她真可爱 |
[05:54] | Yeah. I’m super lucky. | 是啊 我超幸运的 |
[05:57] | Thank you so much for helping me with this. | 太感谢你肯帮我了 |
[05:59] | Are you kidding? | 你逗呢 |
[06:01] | I wouldn’t have this life | 要不是你几年前 |
[06:02] | if you hadn’t turned down the magician gig | 推掉了伊斯塔帕游艇上的魔术演出 |
[06:04] | on that Ixtapa cruise years ago. | 我根本不可能过上现在的生活 |
[06:06] | What? I-I was never offered that job. | 什么 从来没人找我啊 |
[06:08] | Yeah, they said they called you and never heard back, | 是啊 他们说给你打电话 但是都没人接 |
[06:11] | so they moved on to me. | 所以他们就来找我了 |
[06:12] | I never got that call! | 我根本没接到那电话啊 |
[06:16] | I couldn’t breathe! I couldn’t breathe! | 我不能呼吸了 我不能呼吸了 |
[06:18] | Well, you forgot to turn on the ventilator. | 你忘开通风口了 |
[06:20] | That was supposed to be my job? | 这工作应该是我来做吗 |
[06:22] | No. | 不 |
[06:23] | This was supposed to be my job. | 这本该是我的工作 |
[06:27] | I look stupid. | 我看起来好蠢 |
[06:28] | Hey, you see what a bad mood your mother’s in? | 你看到你妈心情有多差了吧 |
[06:30] | That’s because she misses Manny. | 那是因为她想念曼尼 |
[06:31] | Today, you’re Manny. | 今天 你就是曼尼 |
[06:32] | But wouldn’t she miss Joe then? | 那她不就会想乔吗 |
[06:34] | Don’t overthink. | 别想多了 |
[06:35] | Just go in there, act all heartsick, | 赶紧进去 装着心里难受 |
[06:37] | and tell her you want to have high tea. | 告诉她你想喝下午茶 |
[06:41] | Hey, Mom. Why are girls such a mystery? | 妈 为什么女孩都是迷啊 |
[06:44] | Have a scone! | 来个司康饼吧 |
[06:46] | Get out of here. I cannot even look at that. | 出去 我根本见不得那个 |
[06:51] | Yikes! | 要命 |
[06:52] | Shake it off. That’s okay. | 没关系 没事 |
[06:53] | That’s a good first try. | 第一次尝试已经不错啦 |
[06:54] | Go grab his pan flute! | 去拿他的排笛 |
[06:58] | How’s my bride? | 我的新娘怎么样啦 |
[07:01] | Ay! So big now. | 现在都这么大了 |
[07:02] | I know. It snuck up on me, too. | 我知道 我也感觉到了 |
[07:04] | But remember, letting go is a natural part of life. | 但请记住 放弃也是生命的自然过程 |
[07:06] | No. It’s terrible, Jay. | 不是 杰 “放弃”一点也不好 |
[07:09] | And sending Joe in here with scones made it worse! | 让乔送司康饼进来就更糟了 |
[07:14] | Silencio, Fulgencio! | 安静点 弗汉希欧 |
[07:18] | ? That old black magic has me in its spell ? | ? 古老的黑魔法咒语锁困了我心 ? |
[07:22] | ? That old black magic that you weave so well ? | ? 你的古老黑魔法令我意乱情迷 ? |
[07:27] | Take it, Daddy! | 到你了 老爸 |
[07:32] | Oh! Hi, Mitchell. You know what — I def traded up with Lily. | 米奇尔 你知道吗 换莉莉太值得了 |
[07:34] | I’m glad you backed out. | 还好你退出了 |
[07:36] | Lily, why don’t you go rest your instrument? | 莉莉 去让你的美妙声带休息下 |
[07:38] | So, uh, just to break down this “foolproof” plan, | 那我就解析一下这个绝妙计划吧 |
[07:41] | you thought this would make me so jealous | 你以为这样我就会嫉妒 |
[07:43] | that I’d beg to be back in the act, didn’t you? | 然后我就会求你让我参演 是吧 |
[07:46] | Um, no. I just found a younger talent that I clicked with. | 不 我就是发现了与我超合拍的小天才 |
[07:48] | Okay, well, I look forward to watching you two perform. | 好吧 很期待你俩的表演 |
[07:52] | Well, I envy you getting to watch us perform. | 我超羡慕你有机会看我们的表演 |
[07:56] | Lily, sweetheart, get in here! | 莉莉 宝贝 快来 |
[07:58] | The rehearsal’s not over! | 排练还没结束呢 |
[07:59] | Y-Y-Yeah, time’s a-wasting, my little thrush! | 时间不等人 我的小歌星 |
[08:02] | And hurry! The party starts real soon! | 快 派对快开始啦 |
[08:04] | Okay, you know what? You win. | 好吧 你赢了 |
[08:06] | You know I’m never taking the stage with that screech owl. | 你知道我是绝不会用这乌鸦嗓上台的 |
[08:09] | Just sing. | 唱吧 |
[08:10] | It would be very important for you. | 这对你来说很重要 |
[08:12] | – For me? – ?Yes. | -对我吗 -是的 |
[08:13] | Your family has been entranced by my performances many times. | 你家人深深着迷我的演出好多次了 |
[08:17] | I don’t need this, but over the last 10 years, | 这表演对我可有可无 但在过去的10年里 |
[08:20] | I’ve watch you shrink in their presence. | 我看着你在他们面前越来越没存在感 |
[08:23] | And you love to sing. | 你很喜欢唱歌呀 |
[08:24] | I like it fine. | 还好吧 |
[08:26] | And when we go out, you’re the first person | 我们出去的时候 你总是第一个 |
[08:28] | to grab the karaoke mic and scat the night away, | 抢过话筒 一唱就是一晚 |
[08:30] | and you’re good at it. | 而且你唱得很好 |
[08:31] | You know what people are calling you? | 你知道人们怎么称呼你吗 |
[08:34] | “Fella Fitzgerald.” | 男版艾拉·费兹洁拉 |
[08:34] | 知名黑人爵士女歌手 人称爵士乐第一夫人 也曾唱过”That old black magic” | |
[08:35] | They do not! | 他们才没有呢 |
[08:36] | Yes, they do. | 有的 |
[08:38] | And just once, I would love to watch your talent soar | 就一次 我想看到你在你家人面前 |
[08:41] | in front of your family and shut them up for good. | 大展才华 让他们永远闭嘴 |
[08:43] | – But if you don’t want to — – You know what? Screw it. | -但如果你不想去… -管他呢 |
[08:45] | I don’t even care that I’m | 虽然我也很确定 |
[08:46] | mostly sure you’re manipulating me right now. | 你现在就是在拐我 但我不在乎 |
[08:48] | We’re doing this. | 我们一定要表演 |
[08:49] | I knew you’d come around. Welcome back to the act. | 我就知道你会回心转意 欢迎回来演出 |
[08:51] | Okay, now, this is a bit much for me. | 但这就对我有点太过了 |
[08:53] | So… | 那… |
[08:58] | Hey, Beardy. Have you seen Manny Delgado? | 大胡子 你看到曼尼·迪尔加多了吗 |
[09:01] | I think the make-out king is a little occupied. | 我想那位花花公子正忙着呢 |
[09:09] | Have you no respect for the ascot?! | 你没看到代表”有事”的领带吗 |
[09:13] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[09:14] | I need you to come to our anniversary party. | 我需要你来参加我们周年派对 |
[09:16] | I thought I was persona non grata. | 我以为我不受欢迎[西语]呢 |
[09:18] | Now I’m halfway into flagrante delicto. | 现在我就快要得手[西语]了 |
[09:20] | This, I don’t miss. | 这个 我可不会错过 |
[09:21] | Your mother is upset you’re not gonna be there. | 你不来 你妈很伤心呢 |
[09:24] | Well, then maybe she shouldn’t have banished me from the house. | 谁让她当初不让我回家 |
[09:25] | I may have accidently led you to believe | 我可能不小心让你相信 |
[09:28] | that she was part of that decision, | 她也有份做这个决定 |
[09:30] | – when actually — ?- I knew it! | -但实际上… -我就知道 |
[09:31] | I knew my mom wouldn’t be that mean to her little papi. | 我就知道我妈不会这么对她的小乖乖[西语] |
[09:34] | Manny? | 曼尼 |
[09:35] | One minute, baby. | 马上 亲爱的 |
[09:36] | – That’s been working? – Shut up. | -这居然有妞喜欢 -闭嘴 |
[09:38] | So, I’ve been icing my mother for a week because of you? | 因为你 我冷落了我妈一周 |
[09:41] | She must think I’m the worst son. | 她肯定觉得我是最差的儿子 |
[09:43] | Then come home and make her day. | 那就回家让她开心 |
[09:44] | I’m not dropping everything to come home and bail you out. | 我才不会丢下这些 回家救你一命呢 |
[09:47] | Tomorrow, maybe — and I’m telling her | 或许明天可以 而且我要告诉她 |
[09:49] | – you’re the reason I haven’t been around. – Hold on. Hold on. | -你是我不回去的原因 -等下等下 |
[09:50] | It’s better if she hears it from me. | 她通过我知道这件事比较好 |
[09:52] | I just have to spin it | 我得变个说法 |
[09:54] | as if it’s something I did in your best interest. | 说成我这么做是为你好就行了 |
[09:56] | And I’m supposed to back that up | 而我还得支持你的鬼话 |
[09:57] | like I’m somehow better off because — | 装出一副这样对我更好的样子… |
[09:59] | Where’d you go, baby bear? | 你去哪呢 熊宝宝 |
[10:01] | Coming, baby bear. | 这就来 熊宝宝 |
[10:02] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢我 |
[10:03] | But two baby bears? | 但怎么两个人都叫熊宝宝 |
[10:04] | I’m new at this. | 我还是新手 |
[10:07] | Hey, Claire. Quick question. | 克莱尔 问你个小问题 |
[10:08] | I see that you only have Mitch and I down for one song. | 我看到你只安排了米奇和我唱一首歌 |
[10:12] | Which isn’t enough time to tell a story. | 这不够讲一个完整的故事 |
[10:13] | So we would be willing to cut our set list to six songs. | 我们愿意把歌单缩减到六首歌 |
[10:16] | Cool. So we’ll keep it at one? | 好 那就一首吧 |
[10:18] | Okay, so five quick songs, then? | 好吧 那五首短的呢 |
[10:19] | – One song. ?- Yeah, I would be willing | -一首 -这样吧 你现在答应 |
[10:20] | to close this right now at three songs. | 我就同意只表演三首歌 |
[10:22] | One quick song, | 一首短的 |
[10:23] | and if you so much as begin to introduce the band, | 如果你企图开始介绍乐队成员 |
[10:25] | I’ll cut the power off. | 我就切断电源 |
[10:27] | Okay, that is not the way you talk to talent. | 你怎么能用这个态度和表演者说话 |
[10:30] | Gloria? | 歌洛莉亚 |
[10:32] | I’m in the bathroom! Come in! | 我在卫生间 进来吧 |
[10:36] | I-It’s Phil. | 我是菲尔 |
[10:38] | Come in! | 进来 |
[10:40] | Phil Dunphy. | 菲尔·邓菲 |
[10:41] | Phil! | 菲尔 |
[10:46] | The dress is in that bag over there. | 裙子在那边的防尘袋里 |
[10:48] | Oh, great. I’ll hide it in the back of the time machine. | 太好了 我会藏到时间机器的夹层里的 |
[10:50] | You, uh… | 你… |
[10:53] | You got a big wrestling match coming up? | 你这是在为摔跤比赛做准备吗 |
[10:54] | I am having a bad day. | 我今天不太顺遂 |
[10:56] | I don’t feel like doing the chitchatting. | 我没心情唠家常 |
[10:58] | Not having a great day myself. | 我今天也过得不太好 |
[10:59] | Missed a phone call 15 years ago | 我十五年前错过了一通电话 |
[11:01] | that could have launched a second career as a magician. | 那本能展开我身为魔术师的第二事业 |
[11:03] | I could’ve had it all. | 我本能拥有一切 |
[11:05] | Realtor by day, magician by night. | 白天是房产经纪人 晚上是魔术师 |
[11:07] | Just like the hero of that rock opera I never finished. | 就像那部我没写完的摇滚歌剧的主人公一样 |
[11:09] | Phil, this feels like the chitchatting. | 菲尔 我说了我没心情唠家常 |
[11:12] | Well, I should probably get going. | 我或许该走了 |
[11:14] | The steam’s starting to pucker up my suit. | 这些蒸汽会让我的西装起皱 |
[11:17] | Done. | 做完了 |
[11:18] | It’s the same suit I wore to your wedding. | 我参加你婚礼时穿的就是这身西装 |
[11:21] | Can’t believe how loose it’s gotten. | 真不敢相信变得这么宽松了 |
[11:26] | And now it is my pleasure to bring up | 我很荣幸地向大家介绍 |
[11:28] | the first of our very special entertainers. | 我们的第一对特别演出嘉宾 |
[11:30] | Here to perform one song, | 他们将带来一首歌 |
[11:33] | Cameron and Mitchell. | 卡梅隆和米奇尔 |
[11:36] | Just relax. | 放松 |
[11:40] | Okay, now, remember — it’s just like karaoke. | 好的 记得 这和卡拉OK一样 |
[11:42] | Yeah, yeah, I-I got it. I got it. | 是 是 我明白我明白 |
[11:43] | Sing a little and then throw to the drum solo. | 唱两句就转到我的鼓独奏 |
[11:45] | Okay. Okay. | 好的好的 |
[11:49] | ? That old black magic has me in its spell ? | ? 古老的黑魔法咒语锁困了我心 ? |
[11:55] | ? That old black magic that you weave so well ? | ? 你的古老黑魔法令我意乱情迷 ? |
[12:02] | ? Icy fingers up and down my spine ? | ? 冰冷的手指沿着我的脊背上下乱爬 ? |
[12:07] | ? The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine ? | ? 当我们四目相对 就是那古老的黑魔法 ? |
[12:12] | Take it, piano guy! | 来一段 钢琴师 |
[12:19] | Look at him go. | 瞧他表演多好 |
[12:21] | You know, he was raised a mama’s boy. | 要知道 他小时候就是个妈宝 |
[12:23] | Now he’s a strong, capable man | 现在他是个强壮 有能力的男人 |
[12:25] | making nonsense noises that sound a lot like instruments. | 嘴里发出奇怪的声音 听起来像乐器似的 |
[12:28] | Let’s hear that guitar weep! | 让我们听听吉他的动静 |
[12:39] | And there is someone that we haven’t heard from yet. | 我们还有一个人的声音没听到 |
[12:42] | Take a walk with me, Mr. Bass Man. | 陪我来一段 贝司先生 |
[12:56] | ? What do you do when faced with black magic? ? | ? 面对黑魔法 我又有什么办法 ? |
[13:06] | Thank you! Thank you so much! | 谢谢大家 非常感谢 |
[13:08] | One more ti- | 再来一… |
[13:10] | Okay. Nope. | 好吧 没了 |
[13:18] | Thank you very much. | 太谢谢你们了 |
[13:20] | Uh, muy kind, | 你们真[西语]好 |
[13:21] | pero I know you’re only doing it to make me feel mas better. | 但我知道你们这样只是为了让我好[西语]受 |
[13:23] | Somebody’s been listening to Rosetta Stone in the car. | 看来你在车里没少听西语教程 |
[13:27] | Cam, come on. Talk to me. | 小卡 别这样 有话别憋着 |
[13:30] | What in the skibbity doo wop was that? | 你他叽哩哇啦的是怎么回事 |
[13:34] | Did you bring your own studio audience? | 你自己带了一票摄影棚现场观众吗 |
[13:35] | No. They’re Gloria’s family. | 不是 他们是歌洛莉亚的家人 |
[13:36] | Unlike some people, they feel things. | 和某些人不同 他们是有心的 |
[13:39] | Cam, look, I’m sorry. I got carried away. | 小卡 抱歉 我有点忘形了 |
[13:41] | It seemed deliberately hurtful. | 感觉你是故意伤我 |
[13:42] | Every musician got a solo | 每个音乐家都得到了独奏的机会 |
[13:43] | except the one you promised to have and to hold. | 只除了你对他立过婚誓的那一个 |
[13:46] | Okay, do you mind? | 能别打岔吗 |
[13:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢合作 |
[13:48] | Look, Cam, I-I’m sorry I forgot to throw it to you, | 小卡 很抱歉我忘了给你独奏的机会 |
[13:51] | but I-I was just swept up in the moment. | 但我当时只是太投入了 |
[13:53] | It — That was — It was exhilarating. | 那场面令我太陶醉了 |
[13:55] | I-I — Did you hear those people cheering? | 我… 你听到那些人欢呼了吗 |
[13:59] | Well… you were brilliant. | 你确实表演得很精彩 |
[14:01] | Not the most generous of performances, but — | 虽说不是最慷慨无私的表演 但仍然… |
[14:03] | I was completely free in front of my entire judgy family, | 我在我爱评头论足的家人面前完全无拘无束 |
[14:06] | and none of that would have happened without you. | 而这一切都归功于你 |
[14:10] | Well, I think I hear what you’re saying — | 我想我听懂你的意思了 |
[14:11] | that half of that applause was mine | 你是说有一半的掌声是属于我的 |
[14:13] | – ’cause I transformed you. – Okay. | -因为我让你蜕变了 -好吧 |
[14:15] | Well, that’s better than any 10-minute drum solo. | 这比任何10分钟的鼓手独奏都要好 |
[14:17] | So you’ll tell everyone this was my doing? | 你会告诉大家这都是我的功劳吗 |
[14:19] | Of course I will. | 当然了 |
[14:20] | Come here. | 过来 |
[14:26] | Okay, I’ll spin the box two times, | 好了 到时我会把箱子转两次 |
[14:28] | you’ll have 30 seconds to change into your wedding dress. | 你有30秒时间换上婚纱 |
[14:31] | Or I change into an old pair of pajamas | 或者我可以换上旧睡衣 |
[14:34] | to show the people how comfortable | 让大家知道我和杰在一起后 |
[14:36] | I have always been with Jay. | 有多自在多舒服 |
[14:37] | Oh, yeah. Sure, Gloria. | 好啊 歌洛莉亚 |
[14:38] | Why don’t we just throw the script out | 不如我们把台本扔了 |
[14:39] | and you can say whatever you want, | 你想说什么就随便说好了 |
[14:40] | ’cause the audience already thinks | 反正观众都觉得 |
[14:41] | the actors make it all up anyway?! | 演员在乱编故事了 |
[14:44] | I’m sorry! | 对不起 |
[14:45] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[14:46] | It’s okay, Phil. | 没事的 菲尔 |
[14:47] | He’s very upset because 15 years ago, | 他很难过 因为15年前 |
[14:50] | he missed a phone call for a job to do boat magic. | 他错过了一通叫他去船上变魔术的电话 |
[14:54] | That’s why you’ve been sulking all afternoon? | 你整个下午都在生闷气就为了这事啊 |
[14:56] | My life would be completely different | 我的生活本来会完全不同 |
[14:57] | if not for stupid fate! | 都怪愚蠢的命运 |
[14:59] | Fate? | 命运 |
[15:00] | Let me ask you something. | 我来问你个问题 |
[15:01] | And there’s a real lesson here. | 好好学习这宝贵的一课 |
[15:04] | Do you like how your life turned out? | 你喜欢你现在的生活吗 |
[15:06] | Yeah, sure. | 喜欢 |
[15:07] | Great family, steady work, bus benches? | 家人超棒 工作稳定 公交椅广告 |
[15:10] | I got that call when you weren’t home | 你不在家时我接到了那通电话 |
[15:12] | and never gave you the message. | 但一直没告诉你 |
[15:13] | What — question mark, exclamation point?! | 什么 问号加感叹号 |
[15:16] | Why would you do something like that?! | 你为什么要那么做 |
[15:18] | To save him from himself. | 为了救他 不让他被自己害惨 |
[15:20] | People sometimes need a gentle nudge | 有时候人需要被轻推一把 |
[15:22] | to make the right choice. | 才能做出正确的决定 |
[15:23] | And, luckily for everyone, I’m here to do it. | 大家很幸运 因为有我担任这个角色 |
[15:25] | And not just for Phil. | 不只是推了菲尔 |
[15:26] | I know you’re wondering why Manny isn’t here. | 我知道你在想曼尼为什么没来 |
[15:28] | – I b– – ?Who’s ready for some magic? | -我敢打赌… -谁准备好看魔术表演啦 |
[15:31] | Phil, Gloria, you’re up. | 菲尔 歌洛莉亚 该你们上场了 |
[15:35] | – Honey, you okay? – ?Nope! | -老公 你还好吧 -不好 |
[15:37] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[15:40] | the scientists would have you believe | 科学家会告诉你们 |
[15:41] | that time travel is poppycock. | 时间旅行纯属鬼扯 |
[15:43] | But today, on the anniversary of the wonderful Gloria and Jay, | 在最棒的歌洛莉亚与杰的大日子上 |
[15:48] | I shall confound the skeptics | 我将驳倒那些质疑的声音 |
[15:50] | and transport this beautiful woman | 将这位美丽的女子 |
[15:52] | back in time to the day of her wedding. | 送回她举行婚礼那一天 |
[15:55] | Gloria, get in the box! | 歌洛莉亚 请入箱 |
[15:59] | Drumroll, please. | 麻烦来点鼓声 |
[16:25] | Whoo! Yes, drums! | 好赞 鼓手 |
[16:27] | Yes! | 超棒 |
[16:29] | Anyway, watch as she disappears into the wormhole. | 看 她消失在虫洞里了 |
[16:32] | That’s my trick. I’m done. | 这就是我的魔术 我表演完了 |
[16:34] | What do you mean, you’re done? Bring her back. | 你表演完了是什么意思 把她带回来啊 |
[16:37] | Okay, I’m ready! | 我准备好了 |
[16:38] | You made my dream disappear. | 你让我的梦想消失了 |
[16:40] | Now yours is gone. | 现在你的也消失了 |
[16:42] | Hola! I want to come out! | 有人吗 我想出来 |
[16:44] | Phil. Phil, you are Dede-ing my party. | 菲尔 菲尔 你在”迪迪”我的派对 |
[16:47] | Your father Dede’d my life. | 你爸爸”迪迪”了我的人生 |
[16:49] | He’s the one who got the phone call 15 years ago | 15年前那通叫我去表演的电话是他接的 |
[16:51] | about the magic job and never told me. | 但却从没转告过我 |
[16:53] | – Oh, Phil. – Your family has always treated me like a child | -菲尔 -你家人一直把我当小孩对待 |
[16:56] | who can’t make his own decisions. | 好像我无法自己做决定 |
[16:58] | I couldn’t even make an outfit choice for the wedding | 连我出席婚礼该穿什么 |
[17:00] | without your mother commenting on it. | 你妈妈都要指手画脚 |
[17:02] | That’s why I slipped her those three drinks at the reception. | 所以我当年才偷给了她三杯酒 |
[17:04] | It’s very warm back here! | 这里面好热呀 |
[17:06] | You need to let Gloria out of that box. | 你必须把歌洛莉亚从箱子里放出来 |
[17:08] | And… | 还有 |
[17:09] | my dad had nothing to do with that. | 那件事与我爸无关 |
[17:11] | I’m the one who told him not to give you the message. | 是我让他别转告你留言的事 |
[17:13] | ?Did I miss the “Ta-da”? | 是我没听见”请看”吗 |
[17:16] | Phil, I’m so sorry. | 菲尔 对不起 |
[17:17] | But your business was just taking off, | 但当时你的工作刚有起色 |
[17:18] | and the kids were really little. | 而孩子们都还小 |
[17:19] | No, no. I-I — I don’t want to hear it. | 不 别说了 我不想听到 |
[17:20] | My own wife is the reason I don’t have a career in magic — | 原来我老婆才是我不能有魔术事业的凶手 |
[17:23] | a thing I was born to do?! | 这我生来就为此的事业 |
[17:32] | Look at me! | 快看我 |
[17:34] | I haven’t changed in 10 years! | 我十年来一点都没变 |
[17:45] | Gloria! | 歌洛莉亚 |
[17:47] | You came! Thank God! | 你来了 太好了 |
[17:49] | Not because of you. | 不是为了你 |
[17:50] | I couldn’t enjoy my time with Denise | 想到我妈妈需要我 我也没办法 |
[17:51] | knowing my mother needed me. | 好好享受跟丹尼丝共处的时光 |
[17:53] | I mean, I enjoyed it a little. | 我有稍微享受到一点啦 |
[17:54] | She’s a dance major trying to replace food with affection. | 她是个想用热情取代暴食的舞蹈专业妹子 |
[17:57] | I really don’t care. | 我真的无所谓 |
[17:58] | Gloria! | 歌洛莉亚 |
[18:01] | I have a surprise for you! | 我有个惊喜给你 |
[18:03] | I’m here! | 我来了 |
[18:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:05] | I was kind of expecting a bigger reaction. | 本来还以为会有大一点的反应呢 |
[18:07] | Yeah, I thought for sure Manny being here would tip the scales. | 我也以为曼尼来了就能让你负担一轻呢 |
[18:09] | No! I don’t need anyone to do that for me! | 我才不用谁让我一轻 |
[18:13] | Just leave me alone. | 别来烦我 |
[18:14] | What kind of sick game are you two playing? | 你们俩又在玩什么变态把戏了 |
[18:16] | Do you have any idea what I gave up to be here? | 你们到底懂没懂我来这里是放弃了什么啊 |
[18:18] | What’s going on with you, Gloria? | 歌洛莉亚 你到底怎么了 |
[18:21] | This dress doesn’t fit me anymore! | 人家现在穿不下这婚纱了 |
[18:24] | That’s it?! | 就因为这个吗 |
[18:25] | I drove all the way to Manny’s dorm for nothing? | 我大老远去曼尼宿舍只是白费功夫吗 |
[18:27] | Oh, because you’ve made the sacrifice today. | 对对对 你今天牺牲最大了 |
[18:30] | You don’t understand. | 你不懂啦 |
[18:32] | I tell people that I work hard | 我总跟别人说我很努力 |
[18:35] | to stay fit and to stay young, | 来保持体态与保持年轻 |
[18:37] | but the reality is that I barely do anything. | 但事实上我几乎没下过什么功夫 |
[18:40] | But now my body is getting… | 但现在人家的身体越来越… |
[18:45] | Bigger? | 胖了吗 |
[18:46] | How dare you! | 你好大的胆子 |
[18:48] | But yes. | 不过是啦 |
[18:50] | But I’ve always looked a certain way. | 但我一直拥有某种外形体态 |
[18:52] | And now that I don’t, then what am I? | 现在我走形 那我还是什么 |
[18:55] | Just a self-trained hairdresser with a hot-sauce business. | 就只是一个有辣酱生意的自学美发师 |
[19:00] | You still have that? | 那生意还在啊 |
[19:02] | Gloria, you’re so much more than how you look. | 歌洛莉亚 你绝不只是你的外表那么简单 |
[19:06] | That’s what you say to people | 这种话是说来给 |
[19:07] | that are not that pretty anymore. | 人老珠黄的女人听的 |
[19:09] | Are you insane? | 你是不是傻啦 |
[19:10] | You could be my age and 30 pounds heavier, | 你就算是我这个年纪而且再重14公斤 |
[19:13] | and you would still be unbelievably out of my league. | 对我来说也还是不可高攀的尤物 |
[19:16] | Listen, you gain a couple — who cares? | 听我说 你重了一点 那又怎么样啊 |
[19:19] | These have been the best 10 years of my life. | 过去十年是我人生最美好的一段日子 |
[19:21] | I’m in it for every pound, every wrinkle, | 而每一斤肉 每一条皱纹 |
[19:26] | every gray hair. | 每一根白发都有我的影子 |
[19:37] | Come on! | 要不要这样 |
[19:41] | Let’s go. Get in the car. | 走 上车 |
[19:43] | – Where are we going? – Don’t worry about it. | -我们要去哪里 -这就不用你担心了 |
[19:45] | Oh. Why should I start making my own decisions now? | 也是 我何须现在开始自己做决定呢 |
[19:52] | I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about the job. | 没告诉你那份工作 我很抱歉 |
[19:54] | You’re just such a “go for it” kind of guy — | 但你就是那种”有梦就追”的人 |
[19:56] | and I love that about you — | 我也很爱你这点 |
[19:58] | but in that case, we had three little kids, | 但当时 我们有三个嗷嗷待哺的孩子 |
[20:00] | a mortgage, and I was nervous. | 有房贷要付 我心里慌嘛 |
[20:02] | You could have at least included me in the decision. | 但好歹你做决定时可以带上我吧 |
[20:04] | You’re right! You’re right. | 你说得对 你说得没错 |
[20:06] | And I know “I’m sorry” doesn’t begin to cover it. | 我也知道一句”我很抱歉”并没有用 |
[20:08] | Why are we stopping? | 为什么停下了 |
[20:09] | Well, our kids are grown, | 我们的孩子都长大了 |
[20:11] | I run a company, you’ve got a great day job. | 我经营一家公司 你白天工作也很棒 |
[20:13] | I thought maybe it was time you picked up an old hobby. | 我觉得或许是时候让你重拾往日爱好了 |
[20:17] | Are those — Uh… | 那是… |
[20:19] | Keys to your new magic shop. | 你的新魔术用品店钥匙 |
[20:20] | Oh, my God! | 我的老天啊 |
[20:25] | Go on! | 去吧 |
[20:26] | – What?! – ?I know! | -不是吧 -没错 |
[20:28] | And Mister Ekshun was willing to let it go for next to nothing. | 右导先生十分乐意地以接近白送价格转让 |
[20:30] | Which, now that I think of it, | 现在我仔细想想 |
[20:32] | is probably not a great sign. | 这好像不是个好兆头 |
[20:34] | This is awesome! | 这也太赞了 |
[20:37] | And “Mister Ekshun” — I just got that! | “右导先生[视线诱导]” 我现在才懂哏啊 |
[20:40] | It’s kind of funny that you’re making up | 其实挺好笑的 你用来补偿 |
[20:42] | for making a decision that should have been mine | 私自替我做决定的方法 |
[20:43] | by making another decision for me. | 就是私自替我做了另一个决定 |
[20:47] | Do you want it or not? | 你是想要还是不想要 |
[20:49] | – I love you. ?- I love you. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[20:53] | Bylaws. | 法则规定 |