时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Does everyone have a glass? I’m just giving my Thanksgiving toast. | 大家都有酒了吗 我要开始感恩节祝酒了 |
[00:04] | Oh, come on, Dad. Isn’t it weird that | 拜托老爸 你不觉得这样很怪吗 |
[00:05] | every year you single out one person | 每年都要选一个不知为何 |
[00:07] | who somehow made you extra proud this year? | 反正就是让你觉得格外骄傲的人 |
[00:10] | It makes the rest of us feel like we — | 这让我们其他人觉得… |
[00:11] | It’s you, Claire. | 是你 克莱尔 |
[00:12] | Yeah! I knew it! | 真棒 我就知道 |
[00:14] | And you, Phil, and you, Mitchell. | 还有你 菲尔 米奇尔 |
[00:16] | Actually, it’s all of you. | 实际上是你们所有人 |
[00:17] | I know I get a hard time | 我知道我在家庭中引发竞争 |
[00:19] | for stirring up competition in the family, | 你们都对我都颇有微词 |
[00:21] | but look at the results. | 但瞧瞧结果 |
[00:22] | Phil scoring with his new magic shop. | 菲尔新开了家魔术用品店 |
[00:24] | Cam winning the big game. | 小卡带的球队赢得了重要比赛 |
[00:26] | Claire winning the race. | 克莱尔赢了跑步比赛 |
[00:28] | And Mitchell scaring away that burglar. | 而米奇尔吓跑了那个小偷 |
[00:30] | And you are a winner, too, Jay. | 你也是赢家 杰 |
[00:33] | He wanted to spend more time with Joe, | 他想跟乔共度更多时光 |
[00:35] | so he’s dropping him off | 所以他每天 |
[00:36] | and picking him up from school every day. | 都送他上学 接他放学 |
[00:39] | Dad, what is wrong with her? | 爸爸 她怎么了 |
[00:40] | I challenged her to get | 我挑战她 |
[00:41] | to 100,000 steps in a week. | 一周内走十万步 |
[00:43] | – That’s easy. – That’s so easy. | -那很容易 -真容易 |
[00:44] | Without shopping. | 不算购物 |
[00:45] | – I get — I get the challenge. – No. | -我明白挑战难处了 -不 |
[00:47] | She’s 1,000 steps from glory. | 她还剩1000步就获得荣誉了 |
[00:49] | Like the rest of you, | 跟你们一样 |
[00:50] | she was motivated by my stingy praise. | 她的动力来源于我的吝于赞美 |
[00:52] | As I look around the room, I see nothing but winners, | 我环顾四周 看到的全是赢家 |
[00:55] | and I couldn’t be prouder. | 我感到十分骄傲 |
[00:56] | To us! | 敬我们 |
[00:58] | Everyone here is a winner. | 这里的每个人都是赢家 |
[01:17] | You knew I was nervous about the big game, | 你知道这场重要比赛让我很紧张 |
[01:19] | so you set out my — Okay. | 所以你拿出了我的 好吧 |
[01:20] | Sprinkles are for heroes. | 糖屑是给英雄准备的 |
[01:22] | Here, Daddy. | 给 二爸 |
[01:23] | Thank you for protecting us. | 谢谢你保护我们 |
[01:26] | We’re all so proud of Mitchell about what happened the other day. | 我们都为米奇尔那天做的事感到骄傲 |
[01:30] | What I was thinking was, we could… | 我的想法是我们可以… |
[01:31] | Oh, my gosh! | 天啊 |
[01:32] | Was there a break-in? | 有人闯入了吗 |
[01:33] | Yeah, yeah. It was — It was crazy. | 对啊对啊 简直要疯了 |
[01:35] | I just started yelling at him, | 我当时就冲他吼叫 |
[01:37] | and I guess I scared him away, so… | 我好像就把他吓跑了 所以… |
[01:38] | Oh, my gosh, sweetie. Are you okay? | 天啊 亲爱的 你没事吧 |
[01:41] | Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. I’m fine. | 是的 我没事 |
[01:42] | – You’re so brave. – Oh, honey. | -你真勇敢 -宝贝 |
[01:44] | So proud. | 万分骄傲 |
[01:46] | If the robber comes back when Brave Daddy isn’t here, | 如果小偷回来了 而勇敢二爸不在的话 |
[01:48] | – we can use these. – Okay, no, no, no, no. | -我们可以用这个 -不不 |
[01:50] | I had to confiscate those at school. | 那是我在学校没收的 |
[01:52] | They’re very dangerous, | 这很危险 |
[01:53] | and, plus, you should avoid the cliche. | 而且你最好避开这种亚洲人刻板印象物件 |
[01:56] | Confiscating contraband is part of my new job at school. | 没收违禁品是我在学校新工作的一部分 |
[01:59] | I was recently promoted to | 我最近升职为 |
[02:01] | acting vice principal. | 代理[演戏]副校长了 |
[02:02] | Which has nothing to do with acting. | 这跟演戏毫无关系 |
[02:04] | That was made very clear to me. | 他们非常明确地跟我说了 |
[02:06] | Hey. Hey. Y-You seem a little nervous. | 你看起来有些紧张 |
[02:08] | Are you — Are you worried about the big game? | 你是在担心这场重要比赛吗 |
[02:10] | Yeah. I’m a little nervous. | 是啊 我有些紧张 |
[02:12] | The Rattlesnakes have beat us the last six years, | 响尾蛇队过去六年里都打败了我们 |
[02:13] | and we cannot lose. | 而我们不能输 |
[02:15] | Is any of this because their coach is a woman? | 你这么紧张是因为他们的教练是女人吗 |
[02:17] | I mean, shouldn’t we be rooting for her, because — | 我们不该支持她吗 因为 |
[02:19] | Oh, what, because she’s another straight person coaching football? | 因为她是一个执教橄榄球的异性恋吗 |
[02:22] | – Well, good luck. – Thank you, sweetie. | -祝你好运 -谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[02:24] | You know, I can’t promise that I’ll make you as proud as your daddy | 我无法保证我让你感受到的骄傲 |
[02:26] | who fought off a burglar, but I will try. | 和打跑了小偷的二爸一样多 但我会努力 |
[02:28] | You know, there’s murmurs that the booster club | 有传言说后援俱乐部 |
[02:30] | is gonna divert some of our money to the science program. | 要把给我们的一些经费转给科学项目 |
[02:33] | Because that’s what made the Kennedys cool, you know — | 因为霸气的肯尼迪家族就是这么变酷的 |
[02:35] | playing science on the lawn. | 靠在草坪上玩科学什么的 |
[02:39] | Ow! The first person who figures out how to stick these numbers | 第一个想出怎么把号码布一次贴到位的人 |
[02:41] | right on is gonna be rich. | 肯定能发大财 |
[02:43] | You could just pin it to your shirt before you put it on. | 你可以在穿上背心之前先贴好啊 |
[02:46] | Have you shared this idea with anyone else? | 你跟别人分享过这个点子吗 |
[02:48] | When Alex was a baby, I used to throw her in a jogging stroller, | 艾丽克斯小时候 我会把她放进慢跑婴儿车里 |
[02:51] | and she was my running buddy. | 她是我的跑步伙伴 |
[02:53] | This week, when she found out I was doing a 10K, | 这周她得知我要跑一万米时 |
[02:55] | she insisted on coming. | 就坚持要来 |
[02:57] | Snore. | 无聊死了 |
[02:58] | I’m using my mom as a subject for my stupid psych paper | 我把我妈当做我的白痴心理学论文的对象 |
[03:01] | because I started too late to sign out a monkey. | 因为我开始太晚 没法领猴子研究 |
[03:03] | It’s about positive versus negative reinforcement. | 论文是关于积极与消极强化的 |
[03:05] | First half of the race — “You can do it, Mom!” | 比赛前半程我会喊 “你能做到的 妈” |
[03:08] | Second half — “It’s not your day, lady!” | 后半程则是 “算了吧 女人” |
[03:10] | Thankfully, after it’s done, | 幸好 做完实验后 |
[03:12] | I’ll still be able to give out the banana I bought. | 给猴子买的香蕉可以给她补充能量 |
[03:14] | Thank you so much for taking care of Joe. | 多谢你照顾乔 |
[03:16] | I still have to get some things from the store for dinner. | 我还得去店里买点晚餐食材 |
[03:18] | It’s no problem. | 没问题 |
[03:20] | I got a lot of knowledge to pass on. | 我有很多知识可以传授 |
[03:22] | You been practicing your burping drills? | 你有在持续练习打嗝吗 |
[03:24] | Yes! | 是的 |
[03:25] | – Better. – Okay, enough chitchat. | -好些了 -好 闲聊完了 |
[03:27] | Give me the V.I.P. Pass for the sale. | 给我促销的VIP票 |
[03:29] | Everybody’s heard of the H. Bronfman Clothiers | 大家都听说过H.布朗夫曼服装的 |
[03:31] | Black Friday sale where the hoi polloi | 黑五促销 那时候大伙儿 |
[03:33] | fight over tuxedos like animals. | 像动物一样疯狂争抢晚礼服 |
[03:35] | But on Thanksgiving Day, | 但是在感恩节 |
[03:37] | a select few are invited to get first crack. | 极少数人会受邀当第一批进场的买家 |
[03:40] | If I get everything I want, | 如果我能把要的都买齐 |
[03:41] | that tux will be 80% off in Tammy Bosworth’s dorm room. | 我的燕尾服就会在小姑娘房里脱到只剩两成 |
[03:45] | Black gold. | 黑金卡 |
[03:46] | I got it as a tip from some club members | 这是俱乐部成员当做小费给我的 |
[03:48] | who had me “deal” with some geese. | 他让我弄来几瓶灰雁伏特加 |
[03:49] | You will not taint this experience. | 你休想玷污这次体验 |
[03:53] | Claire, why do you have that number? | 克莱尔 你为什么贴着号码布 |
[03:55] | Are you in a pageant? | 你参加选美比赛了吗 |
[03:57] | She’s running a 10K. And she is going to do great. | 她要跑一万米 她的表现一定会很棒 |
[04:01] | I know that you’re gonna make us oh-so proud! | 我就知道你会让我们感到骄傲 |
[04:05] | Obviously, this was meant to be a group hug, | 显然这本该是群抱 |
[04:07] | and my invitation got lost in the mail. Mm. | 而我的邀请函在邮寄时遗失了 |
[04:09] | Phil… that crazy phone booth | 菲尔 你为了变魔术 |
[04:11] | that you ordered for your magic trick — | 订的那个疯狂电话亭 |
[04:13] | It’s already at my house. | 已经在我家了 |
[04:15] | It’s here two days early?! | 提前两天到了吗 |
[04:16] | I can shoot my how-to video today! | 我今天就能拍摄教程 |
[04:19] | Haley! Showtime! | 海莉 好戏上演了 |
[04:21] | It goes without saying that the greatest trick | 毫无疑问 二战中 |
[04:22] | to come out of World War II is the Normandy Phone Booth. | 最伟大的魔术就是诺曼底电话亭 |
[04:25] | Over the years, its reputation has ebbed and flowed. | 多年来 它的名声时起时落 |
[04:29] | It was famously booed | 众所周知 在1969年的 |
[04:30] | at the 1969 Narragansett Magic Festival. | 纳拉干塞特魔术节上它遭到了大家的喝倒彩 |
[04:32] | Of course, this is a time | 当然 那时候 |
[04:34] | when most people are into protest magic. | 大部分人都在抗议魔术 |
[04:36] | So naturally, they would thumb their nose at a classic trick | 所以很自然 他们会对经典魔术嗤之以鼻 |
[04:40] | where a heroic soldier dashes into a phone booth | 那就是一个英勇的士兵冲进电话亭 |
[04:44] | to make a world-saving call | 打了拯救世界的电话 |
[04:46] | while it slowly fills with water! | 而电话亭慢慢灌满了水 |
[04:48] | Come on, hippies! | 这多赞啊 嬉皮士们 |
[04:51] | God! | 天啊 |
[04:54] | All right, buddy. Run outside and play real quick. | 小家伙 你出去玩吧 |
[04:55] | I’m gonna take care of something upstairs. | 我要去楼上忙些事 |
[04:57] | I had to update my profile pic | 我得更新我在 |
[04:59] | on this new social-media app called Inseam. | 一款新社交媒体软件”内缝线”上的用户照片 |
[05:01] | It’s super cool. No one knows about it. | 这软件超酷的 基本还没人知道 |
[05:04] | Some old guys were using it for home tailoring, | 有些老家伙用它分享自制成衣 |
[05:07] | but then two Brooklyn deejays | 但之后两个布鲁克林DJ |
[05:08] | started sharing a couple of videos on it, and it blew up. | 开始在上面分享一些视频 然后就火了 |
[05:10] | Not approachable. | 太严肃了 |
[05:12] | Too approachable. | 太亲和了 |
[05:13] | There’s my guy. | 完美 |
[05:17] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[05:18] | Dude, I was just about to leave, | 伙计 我刚准备离开 |
[05:19] | and I saw your new pic popped up on Inseam. | 结果在内缝线上看见了你的新照片 |
[05:21] | You’re on Inseam? | 你也用内缝线吗 |
[05:22] | Yes, I’ve been on it for a week. | 是的 我已经用了一周了 |
[05:23] | Okay, look at your picture. Joe is in a tree behind you. | 你看看照片 乔在你身后的树上 |
[05:30] | Oh, my God, he’s right there! | 天啊 他就在那里 |
[05:31] | Hang on, Joe! | 等等 乔 |
[05:32] | Hello? | 喂 |
[05:33] | What’s going on with Joe? | 乔怎么了 |
[05:34] | You’re on Inseam? | 你也用内缝线吗 |
[05:35] | Of course I’m on Inseam. | 当然了 |
[05:37] | Is my son hanging from a tree? | 我儿子挂在树上了吗 |
[05:39] | Oh, that’s great! You fell for it. | 真棒 你信了 |
[05:41] | I’m, uh — I’m getting pretty good at Photoshop. | 我的改图技术越来越出神入化啊 |
[05:42] | That’s a fake picture? | 那是假照片吗 |
[05:44] | Yeah, I got a bunch of Joe doing dangerous stuff. | 是啊 我有许多张乔做危险事情的照片 |
[05:46] | You’re gonna have to show me this later, okay? | 那你晚点得让我看看 好吗 |
[05:48] | Will do. | 没问题 |
[05:51] | Well, thanks to you, | 都怪你 |
[05:52] | now I’m all sweaty, and it’s gonna be impossible | 我现在满身大汗 都没办法 |
[05:54] | to judge the silk shirts. | 鉴定丝绸衬衫了 |
[05:55] | They’re supposed to blouse, not cling. | 应该宽松飘逸 而不是黏身上 |
[05:57] | Hey, can I see that card for a second? | 能让我看看这张卡吗 |
[05:58] | – What are you doing? – I’ll put this card back in your hand | -你干什么 -等你把乔的头P到鳄鱼嘴里 |
[06:01] | when you Photoshop that kid’s head in an alligator’s mouth. | 我才会把这张卡交还给你 |
[06:05] | Upper Valley on the 2-yard line | 上游河谷在二码线上 |
[06:07] | with 10 seconds to go. | 比赛时间还剩十秒 |
[06:08] | A touchdown will win the game. | 一个触地得分将会获胜 |
[06:10] | Okay, timeout! Timeout! | 暂停 暂停 |
[06:13] | Let’s go, Dolphins! | 加油 海豚队 |
[06:15] | Coach, what is our defense? | 教练 我们怎么防守 |
[06:16] | Okay, you know what? It’s a running situation, | 好吧 按理说应该用奔跑达阵 |
[06:17] | but they’ve been killing us with that pass all day. | 但他们用传球虐我们一天了 |
[06:19] | My gut tells me they’re gonna pass, but | 我的直觉认为他们要传球 但是… |
[06:21] | Okay, just let me think about it. | 好吧 让我想想 |
[06:22] | Move. Move! | 让开 |
[06:24] | Those dumb bastards | 那些蠢货 |
[06:26] | are going to be thinking pass, which is why we’re going to run. | 肯定会认为我们要传球 所以我们要奔跑 |
[06:29] | Trap Two, on the left side. | 左边用2包围防守 |
[06:31] | My vice principal walkie-talkie | 我的副校长对讲机 |
[06:32] | accidentally picked up that Upper Valley coach | 不小心收听到了上游河谷教练 |
[06:34] | calling her dumb lady play. | 说出她的白痴娘们战术 |
[06:35] | Now, was I gonna change my defense? | 我要改变我的防守策略吗 |
[06:38] | Only some spineless win-at-all-costs glory hound | 只有没有骨气 全力争胜 追名逐利的人 |
[06:41] | would choose winning over showing some moral fiber. | 才会选择赢 而不是展示高风亮节 |
[06:45] | Dolphins win! Dolphins win! | 海豚队赢了 海豚队赢了 |
[06:52] | Everybody in that stadium, including me… | 体育场里的所有人 包括我 |
[06:54] | – Well… – was expecting a pass. | -是啊 -都以为对方会传球 |
[06:55] | But your instincts told you something else. | 但你的直觉告诉你不会那样 |
[06:57] | That’s big-time, my friend. | 真了不起 我的朋友 |
[06:58] | Well, I-I-I appreciate it, Jay. Uh, thank you. | 谢谢你这么说 杰 谢谢你 |
[07:01] | Mitchell! | 米奇尔 |
[07:04] | I’m a fraud. | 我是个骗子 |
[07:05] | Well, then stop telling that barista | 那就别再和那个咖啡师吹牛 |
[07:06] | that you understudied Javert on Broadway. | 说你在百老汇做过沙威[悲惨世界]的替角 |
[07:08] | He knows your name. He can look it up. | 他知道你叫什么 上网一查就发现了 |
[07:10] | No, I overheard the lady coach | 不 我不小心在对讲机上 |
[07:11] | call her play on my walkie-talkie, | 听到那个女教练的战术安排 |
[07:13] | and I changed my defense to win the game. | 然后我改了我的防守策略赢了比赛 |
[07:15] | And now I’m having anxiety, and I have to confess. | 现在我焦虑发作 我必须坦白 |
[07:17] | No, you-you are not gonna confess. | 不行 你不能坦白 |
[07:19] | You’re gonna smush that anxiety into a little ball, | 你给我把焦虑揉成一个小球 |
[07:21] | and you’re gonna push it into that little, tiny hole | 再塞到你灵魂里那个专门用来 |
[07:23] | in your soul where childhood traumas go. | 密封童年阴影的小洞里去 |
[07:25] | Everybody here is a winner. | 这里的所有人都是赢家 |
[07:26] | I-If you end up being the one loser at the table, | 如果最后你成了饭桌上唯一的失败者 |
[07:29] | I’m gonna get nothing but condescending pity from everybody. | 我仅有的收获会是所有人居高临下的同情 |
[07:32] | Especially Claire, that insufferable phony. | 特别是克莱尔那副难以忍受的虚伪嘴脸 |
[07:35] | Hey, so pretty! | 太漂亮了 |
[07:41] | – Luke. – Hey, Gloria. | -卢克 -歌洛莉亚 |
[07:44] | Sure love those bangs. | 你的刘海真好看 |
[07:45] | What’s the story with those? | 为什么剪了刘海 |
[07:46] | I know you have been avoiding me | 我知道你一直在躲着我 |
[07:48] | because there are no Photoshopped pictures of Joe in danger. | 因为根本没有乔身处险境的合成照片 |
[07:52] | And the the answer to your question is very simple — | 而你这个问题的答案很简单 |
[07:54] | They frame my face. | 刘海衬我的脸 |
[07:55] | Oh, those pictures. | 那些照片啊 |
[08:00] | Here we are. | 就在这 |
[08:03] | Joe poking a bees’ nest. | 乔捅蜂窝 |
[08:07] | Oh, and Joe killing Lee Harvey Oswald. | 乔射杀李·哈维·奥斯瓦尔德 |
[08:10] | So cute. | 真可爱 |
[08:12] | Jay, Luke is a genius. | 杰 卢克是个天才 |
[08:16] | Thanks, buddy. | 谢了 伙计 |
[08:17] | You can go do your fancy shopping now. | 你可以去买高级衣服了 |
[08:18] | Awesome. To make up for the time I lost, | 太棒了 为了弥补我失去的时间 |
[08:20] | I’m gonna baby oil my heels | 我要给脚后跟涂上油 |
[08:21] | so I can try on shoes faster. | 试鞋时穿脱就快多了 |
[08:23] | Phil, did you see this Photoshop stuff that Luke did? | 菲尔 你看过卢克合成的这些照片了吗 |
[08:26] | He’s a real magician. | 他真是个魔术师 |
[08:27] | I guess he came by it honestly. | 我想这是有其父必有其子 |
[08:30] | That means the world to me, Jay. | 这话对我来说意义非凡 杰 |
[08:32] | I’m living a lie. | 我的人生是场谎言 |
[08:34] | Claire, everyone in this family’s a winner | 克莱尔 这家里的每个人都是赢家 |
[08:36] | except for me. | 除了我 |
[08:37] | Abraka-failure. | 我变我变我变废柴 |
[08:40] | Ready to fill this thing up? | 准备好灌水了吗 |
[08:44] | The-The whole reason we’re here | 我们之所以在这里拍 |
[08:45] | is to use the pool water, which is recyclable. | 就是为了用泳池水 能重复利用 |
[08:47] | I’m sort of a hero in the sustainable magic movement. | 我算是可持续魔术运动的大人物 |
[08:49] | I’d hate to lose my three green rabbits rating. | 我可不想失去三只环保绿兔的评级 |
[08:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:53] | Should we start filming? | 我们这就开拍吗 |
[08:54] | For sure. Yeah. For sure. | 当然 好 当然 |
[08:56] | I-I-I think I’ll-I’ll probably just take a quick minute. | 我认为我或许该先休息一下 |
[08:59] | As a young man, I had no fear of any trick | 年轻时我表演什么魔术都不害怕 |
[09:00] | where I was jammed into tight spaces — | 任何被困在狭小空间的魔术都行 |
[09:02] | Fox in a Box, The Wrong Shepherd, | 盒中狐 另一个牧羊人 |
[09:04] | Einstein’s Birdbath. | 爱因斯坦的鸟浴盆 |
[09:05] | Lately, though, I have had a touch of claustrophobia, | 不过最近 我多少有一点幽闭恐惧 |
[09:09] | which is usually cleared up | 通常我只要 |
[09:10] | by a quick call to my super-supportive wife. | 给非常支持我的妻子打通电话就好了 |
[09:13] | Oh, you finally picked up. | 你终于接电话了 |
[09:15] | No, no, it’s not an emergency. | 不 没有紧急状况 |
[09:16] | I just — Hello? Claire? | 我只是…你在听吗 克莱尔 |
[09:19] | Just give me the word, Dad. | 等着你的指令呢 老爸 |
[09:20] | Yep. | 好 |
[09:22] | Let’s… | 我们 |
[09:24] | – Let’s do this. – Great. Ready? | -我们开始吧 -好 准备好了吗 |
[09:26] | – Yeah. – And…action. | -好了 -开拍 |
[09:28] | Hello, and congratulations on your purchase | 您好 恭喜您购买了这个 |
[09:30] | of the Normandy Phone Booth. | 诺曼底电话亭 |
[09:32] | The following will demonstrate | 接下来我将演示 |
[09:33] | just how much fun you’ve…dialed up. | 您为生活”拨动”了多少乐趣 |
[09:43] | Here we are on D-Day. | 今天就是登陆日 |
[09:44] | Where’s the damned air support? | 该死的空中支援在哪 |
[09:46] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[09:49] | A p-phone booth. | 有个电话亭 |
[09:51] | I hear the Nazis have booby-trapped these, | 我听说纳粹们在电话亭里设置了陷阱 |
[09:53] | but I will… | 但我… |
[09:55] | I definitely will take the risk of calling Allied Command. | 我绝对会以身犯险 给盟军司令部打电话 |
[10:04] | Hello, General. | 您好 上将 |
[10:06] | Yes, the enemy is all around us. | 是的 我们被敌人包围了 |
[10:10] | Blast! | 火力很猛 |
[10:13] | This is one of the phone booths that’s booby-trapped. | 这个电话亭里设置了陷阱 |
[10:16] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[10:18] | Yes, General, the enemy is closing in! | 是的 上将 敌人正在逼近 |
[10:22] | There’s no esca- | 我们无路可逃… |
[10:23] | Haley! Get me out of here! | 海莉 快放我出去 |
[10:24] | Who’s Haley? I’m Nurse Rutherford. | 海莉是谁 我是卢瑟福护士 |
[10:28] | If I can’t do this trick, | 如果我不能表演这个魔术 |
[10:29] | my magic shop is gonna be the laughingstock of the mini-mall. | 我的魔术用品店会沦为小型商场的笑柄 |
[10:32] | And there’s still a Blockbuster there. | 而那里还有一家过时多年的租片店呢 |
[10:34] | Honey, I know you’re going through something, | 亲爱的 我知道你最近过得不顺 |
[10:36] | but you need to keep it to yourself, | 但你不能告诉别人 |
[10:37] | because we will not be the loser family this year. | 因为我们决不能成为今年家里的失败者 |
[10:40] | – Claire. – Yeah? | -克莱尔 -怎么 |
[10:41] | I had a genius idea. | 我想到了一个天才点子 |
[10:43] | Your race went right by Pritchett’s Closets. | 你的比赛路线正好经过普利切特衣橱 |
[10:45] | Pull the security tape. | 把保全摄像调出来 |
[10:46] | We’ll blow up a frame of you in the lead and run a big ad — | 我们用你领先的画面冲副大广告 |
[10:48] | “Pritchett’s. Leading the Pack for 30 Years.” | “普利切特 三十年来一直领先于他人” |
[10:51] | – Genius! – I love it, Dad! Yes! | -天才 -太赞了 老爸 真棒 |
[10:53] | I am on that! | 我这就去 |
[10:56] | We have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[10:58] | I had a problem. | 是我有麻烦了 |
[11:00] | H-H-Hello? | 你好 |
[11:02] | Hello — Damn it. | 你好 该死 |
[11:05] | Phil, this better be an emergency. | 菲尔 你最好是有紧急状况 |
[11:06] | Oh, you finally picked up. | 你终于接电话了 |
[11:08] | No, no, it’s not an emergency. I just — | 不 没有紧急状况 我只是… |
[11:09] | I’m running a race, and you just screwed up my playlist! | 我在赛跑 歌单都因为你乱套了 |
[11:18] | From that point on, | 从那一刻起 |
[11:19] | I was no longer on the actual race course. | 我就不在赛跑路线上了 |
[11:22] | Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[11:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:27] | I guess I hit a point where I funneled back onto the course. | 后来可能在某个转角我又兜回到比赛路线上 |
[11:31] | I did notice that I seemed to have more energy | 我的确注意到我的体能 |
[11:34] | than the few people in front of me, | 似乎比我前面的几个人充沛许多 |
[11:35] | but I didn’t-I didn’t think much of it. | 但我当时没多想 |
[11:41] | I did it! I won! I won! | 我做到了 我赢了我赢了 |
[11:43] | Did you see that, honey? I won! | 你看到了吗 宝贝 我赢了 |
[11:45] | Uh, no, you didn’t. | 不 你没赢 |
[11:46] | I was standing at the 5K mark and never saw you. | 我一直站在五千米标志那 根本没看到你 |
[11:48] | – What? – Claire! | -什么 -克莱尔 |
[11:50] | I was at the store, and I saw you win! | 我刚才在商店里 我看到你赢了 |
[11:52] | Oh, honey! | 亲爱的 |
[11:54] | I know her! | 我认识她 |
[11:55] | She’s my stepdaughter! | 她是我继女 |
[11:58] | There’s not gonna be any footage | 普利切特衣橱的保全摄像里 |
[11:59] | of you running past Pritchett’s Closets | 根本不会有你跑过去的画面 |
[12:00] | because you cut two miles out of a six-mile race. | 因为9.6公里的赛程你少跑了3公里 |
[12:03] | Better tell Grandpa you didn’t win. | 你最好告诉外公你没赢 |
[12:05] | Oh, you are my moral compass. | 你真是我的道德指南针 |
[12:07] | Which is why I don’t want to talk to you for the rest of the day. | 所以我今天一天都不想再和你说话了 |
[12:09] | Luke! | 卢克 |
[12:10] | I need a favor, no questions asked. | 帮我个忙 不许多问 |
[12:12] | What do you need? Phone cards? | 你需要什么 匿名电话卡吗 |
[12:13] | No. I need you to Photoshop a picture of me from today | 不 我需要你合成一张 |
[12:16] | running in front of Pritchett’s Closets. | 我今天跑过普利切特衣橱的照片 |
[12:18] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[12:21] | – No problem. – I — | -没问题 -我… |
[12:25] | I want to grab a picture of you and Claire. | 我想拍张你和克莱尔的照片 |
[12:26] | I want to post it on my Inseam account. | 我想上传到内缝线账号上 |
[12:28] | Oh, what’s Inseam? | 内缝线是什么 |
[12:29] | I use it for home tailoring. | 我用来找自制成衣图样的软件 |
[12:31] | – Claire. – Yeah? | -克莱尔 -怎么 |
[12:32] | Could you get in here, please? | 你能过来一下吗 |
[12:33] | – My two superstars. – Okay! | -我的两个超级明星 -好啊 |
[12:35] | Can’t believe you won with that bad knee. | 真不敢相信你膝盖不好还赢了比赛 |
[12:38] | Well, at least if somebody tries to steal that thing, | 还好 如果有人想偷奖牌的话 |
[12:41] | they got to get through this guy. | 他们得和这兄弟过过招 |
[12:42] | I just did what any hero would do. | 我不过是做了任何英雄会做的事 |
[12:45] | – It’s… – Are you wearing makeup? | -没什么 -你化妆了吗 |
[12:46] | Uh, well, yeah. I got a bruise. | 是的 为了遮脸上的淤伤 |
[12:48] | I thought-I thought you screamed and he ran away? | 你不是说你一喊就把他吓跑了吗 |
[12:51] | Uh, well, there was a-there was a scuffle. | 我们还是发生了肢体冲突的 |
[12:53] | You went with your instinct. | 你听从了本能 |
[12:54] | Fight or flight. You fought. | 反抗还是逃跑 你反抗了 |
[12:56] | I’m gonna post this on Inseam. | 我要把这张照片发到内缝线上 |
[12:58] | Double-click. | 双击 |
[13:00] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[13:01] | You fought. | 你反抗了 |
[13:02] | You fought? | 你反抗了 |
[13:04] | How close did you get to this “intruder”? | 你跟这个”闯空门的”多近距离接触了 |
[13:06] | Okay, Claire. That is just about enough. | 克莱尔 你差不多够了 |
[13:07] | Mitchell suffered a trauma, | 米奇尔遭受了创伤 |
[13:08] | and I don’t appreciate your mocking tone. | 我不喜欢你这种嘲讽的语气 |
[13:11] | Excuse us. Okay? | 容我们失陪 好吗 |
[13:14] | Thank you, sweetie. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[13:15] | Okay, look, we both know two things for certain — | 我们都能确定两件事 |
[13:17] | I look fabulous in coral, | 我穿珊瑚色特好看 |
[13:18] | and you didn’t fight off any intruder. | 你根本没打跑过任何闯空门的人 |
[13:20] | There-There is a backstory. | 这是有背景故事的 |
[13:21] | In the summer of 1984, | 1984年夏天 |
[13:23] | inspired by “The Karate Kid,” | 在《小子难缠》的影响下 |
[13:24] | I went through a martial arts phase. | 我那阵子特别沉迷于武术 |
[13:27] | When Cam brought those nunchucks home, | 当小卡把那副双节棍拿回家时 |
[13:29] | it was just too much to resist. | 我实在是无法抗拒 |
[13:31] | Hello, old friend. | 你好啊 老朋友 |
[13:34] | 30 years later, once again, | 三十年后 又一次到了 |
[13:36] | it was time to sweep the leg. | 使出扫堂腿 技惊四座的时候了 |
[13:46] | Oh, God. Oh, no! | 天啊 不 |
[13:55] | – Why didn’t you just tell me? – I don’t know. | -你为什么不和我说实话 -我不知道 |
[13:57] | You-You walked in, and you asked if there was a break-in, | 你进门就问我是不是有人闯进来了 |
[13:59] | and I-I was embarrassed and possibly concussed, | 我当时很窘迫 还可能脑震荡了 |
[14:03] | so I just — I went with it. | 所以我就顺水推舟 |
[14:04] | Besides, my dad and Claire cannot know, okay? | 再说不能让我爸和克莱尔知道 明白吗 |
[14:06] | That whole “Karate Kid” summer, they called me “Kung Sue.” | 《小子难缠》上映的那年夏天 他们都叫我”功妇” |
[14:11] | Turkey is gonna be ready in 10 minutes! | 火鸡10分钟后就好了 |
[14:14] | – Where is Phil? – I’ll let him know. | -菲尔在哪 -我会告诉他 |
[14:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:18] | – 10 minutes. – I can’t take it! | -再10分钟 -我做不来 |
[14:20] | Just breathe, Dad. | 你就深呼吸 老爸 |
[14:21] | We are breaking this fear of yours. | 我们要克服你的恐惧 |
[14:22] | I’m dying here! | 我要死了 |
[14:24] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[14:25] | Do you want to spend the rest of your life | 你想要你的余生 |
[14:27] | as an open-space magician? | 都只是一名开放空间魔术师吗 |
[14:31] | Yeah. | 这就对了 |
[14:33] | Jay, I saw on Inseam that there was a Thanksgiving pageant | 杰 我在内缝线上看到乔的学校举办了 |
[14:37] | at Joe’s school. | 感恩节大会 |
[14:39] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[14:41] | I totally forgot. | 我忘了嘛 |
[14:43] | Joe hasn’t been in school for a week. | 乔一周没上学了 |
[14:45] | I had a falling-out with his teacher. | 我跟他的老师起了点争执 |
[14:47] | And got sent to the principal’s office. | 然后被叫去校长办公室 |
[14:50] | You said some pretty harsh things to Mrs. Barrish. | 你对巴里什老师说了挺难听的话 |
[14:52] | In my defense, um, this banquet she’s planning | 那是因为她在计划的餐会 |
[14:56] | is not historically accurate. | 不符合史实 |
[14:58] | For example, I don’t remember a tandoori chicken option | 比如说 我不记得在首次感恩节餐会上 |
[15:02] | at the first Thanksgiving. | 有印度咖喱鸡啊 |
[15:03] | We have children here from many ethnicities, | 我们学校有不同文化种族的孩子 |
[15:05] | and we try to make them all feel included. | 我们想让大家都有参与感 |
[15:07] | Be that as it may, history does not record Pocahontas | 尽管如此 史书上也没写过餐会时 印第安人 |
[15:11] | asking John Smith to pass the sashimi roll | 请英国探险家帮忙递生鱼片寿司卷 |
[15:15] | while Myles Standish helps himself | 而英国知名军官也在一旁 |
[15:17] | to gluten-free huevos rancheros! | 给自己来点无麸质墨西哥煎蛋 |
[15:20] | After that, it got heated, and we got expelled. | 之后火气越来越大 我们被逐出学校 |
[15:23] | “We”? | “我们”吗 |
[15:25] | But they’ll call. | 他们会打来的 |
[15:26] | They need my check. | 始终需要我的银子 |
[15:27] | Why didn’t the school tell me anything? | 为什么学校什么都没告诉我 |
[15:29] | It’s like I am off their e-mail list. | 好像我不在电邮通知名单上了 |
[15:33] | I didn’t even see the costumes. | 我都没看到过他的变装服 |
[15:35] | Well, he didn’t have a costume. | 他不用变装啊 |
[15:36] | No, he was the narrator. Kid told the whole story. | 他是解说员 他负责说出整个故事 |
[15:39] | Ay, papi. | 小乖乖 |
[15:41] | You must have been so cute. | 你当时一定超可爱 |
[15:43] | Why don’t you perform it for everybody at dinner? | 晚餐的时候给大家表演一次吧 |
[15:46] | I’ll go get my phone, and we’ll film it. | 我去拿我的手机 我们得录下来 |
[15:49] | – Okay? – Yes. | -好吗 -没问题 |
[15:52] | I gotta get you up to speed in a hurry, buddy. | 小家伙 我得最快时间帮你补课 |
[15:55] | The story of Thanksgiving. Here goes. | 感恩节的故事 开始 |
[15:59] | It’s no use! | 没用 |
[16:00] | I can’t do it! | 我做不到 |
[16:05] | 99999 100000 99999,100000. | |
[16:10] | Sonuvabitch, she did it! | 我了个去 她成功了 |
[16:13] | See that, people? | 你们看到了吗 |
[16:14] | Another person doing their best, thanks to me. | 又一个超越自己巅峰的人 都感谢我 |
[16:17] | It’s time to eat. | 现在可以开吃了 |
[16:18] | Hey, Google, | 谷歌 |
[16:19] | how much time left on the turkey? | 火鸡还要多久 |
[16:22] | Two minutes. | 两分钟 |
[16:23] | See? I can control that crazy doughnut, | 看到没 我能控制那个神经病甜甜圈 |
[16:25] | I can do the steps. | 也成功达到十万步 |
[16:27] | I have two achievements, | 我做到了两件事 |
[16:28] | and the rest have only one. | 而其他人只做到了一件 |
[16:30] | So, Grandpa really motivated you | 所以外公真的靠 |
[16:31] | by telling you you couldn’t do something, huh? | 说你做不到什么而激励了你是吧 |
[16:33] | I need to see that My StepCounter for a paper I’m writing. | 我要看看这个计步器 我写报告要用 |
[16:36] | Everybody achieved something today, | 大家都成功做到了一些事 |
[16:38] | so now it’s Joe’s turn. | 现在轮到乔了 |
[16:40] | Joe… | 乔 |
[16:41] | tell us about the first Thanksgiving. | 跟我们说说第一个感恩节的故事 |
[16:44] | Come up here, buddy. | 来吧 小家伙 |
[16:45] | You got this. | 你能行 |
[16:46] | There was once a land of godless natives. | 曾有一片大地住着不信神的原住民 |
[16:50] | They did not know any better | 他们愚蠢无知 |
[16:51] | until, one day, the white man arrived. | 直到某天 白人们来了 |
[16:54] | What is this? | 这是什么鬼 |
[16:55] | The white man took pity on these primitives | 白人们可怜这些原始人 |
[16:58] | by teaching them to cultivate the land. | 教导他们如何耕种土地 |
[17:00] | But their kindness was mistaken for aggression, | 但他们的善良被误会为侵略 |
[17:04] | and a war began. | 所以战争开打了 |
[17:07] | What kind of school is this? | 这是哪门子的鬼学校 |
[17:08] | – This is what I was taught. – What? | -我小时候学到的也是这样 -什么 |
[17:10] | Eventually, peace was restored, | 最后 一切回归和平 |
[17:18] | naming football teams for them. | 让他们冠名橄榄球队 |
[17:20] | Joe, what play is this? | 乔 这是什么短剧 |
[17:22] | I wasn’t in a play! I don’t go to school anymore! | 我没有演出短剧 我都没上学了 |
[17:28] | All right, fine. | 好啦 对啦 |
[17:30] | We got kicked out, okay? | 我们被踢出来了可以吗 |
[17:31] | Little argument with the principal. | 跟校长小小吵了一架 |
[17:33] | You’ve been lying to me | 你怎么可以骗我 |
[17:34] | while I was celebrating you as an amazing father? | 亏我还一直夸你是个超棒的父亲 |
[17:38] | Hey, Gloria, this is weird. | 歌洛莉亚 奇怪了 |
[17:40] | You know, I downloaded your My StepCounter data | 我下载了你的计步器数据 |
[17:42] | onto my computer, | 到我电脑里 |
[17:43] | and it’s showing your path this morning | 数据显示你今早走的路线 |
[17:44] | was the same route my mom took in her race. | 跟我妈妈去赛跑的路线是一样的 |
[17:48] | I was never going to get 100,000 steps. | 我怎么可能跑得到十万步 |
[17:51] | But then I learned that Claire was going on a Turkey Trot. | 一直到后来我知道克莱尔要去火鸡赛跑 |
[17:54] | The second time I hugged her, | 第二次我抱她时 |
[17:56] | it was a little harder because she was really wet. | 比第一次不容易 因为她浑身是汗 |
[17:58] | So I’m basically just your StepCounter mule? | 所以我基本上就是你的计步代跑骡吗 |
[18:01] | I thought you cared about my race. | 我还以为你在乎我这场跑步呢 |
[18:03] | I love you very much, Claire, | 我很爱你 克莱尔 |
[18:04] | but your exercise doesn’t really interest me. | 但我对你的运动真的没兴趣 |
[18:07] | Hang on. When did Claire run past Pritchett’s Closets? | 等等 克莱尔什么时候经过公司的来着 |
[18:10] | ‘Cause this thing says she never got near it. | 因为上面显示她压根就没靠近过那里 |
[18:13] | Well, it’s probably the StepCounter made a mistake. | 爸 估计是计步器出错了 |
[18:15] | Oh, yeah, did it? Or — Or — | 是吗 还是… |
[18:17] | Or did you take a little shortcut? | 还是你绕捷径了 |
[18:18] | No, I was probably going so fast | 才没有 应该是我跑太快 |
[18:20] | it couldn’t even keep up with me. | 它都跟不上我的脚步 |
[18:21] | – I have a picture of it. – Let me see. | -我有照片为证 -让我看… |
[18:23] | Luke? | 卢克 |
[18:25] | And there you go. | 你们看 |
[18:26] | That is me clearly running in front of Pritchett’s Closets. | 很清楚能看到我跑过普里契特衣柜公司 |
[18:29] | Oh, yeah, yeah. With a Reagan/Bush poster | 对啊 窗上还有 |
[18:31] | in the window, huh? | 84年总统大选的海报呢 |
[18:33] | The photo is a fake. | 照片是假的 |
[18:35] | It’s not my fault. Manny made it. | 不能怪我 是曼尼改的图 |
[18:36] | Manny was photoshopping everything? | 曼尼改了所有的图吗 |
[18:39] | So Joe was in real danger? | 所以乔真的发生危险了吗 |
[18:41] | I did not realize how easy it would be | 我没想到你这么轻易 |
[18:42] | for you to connect those dots. | 就能把线索都连上 |
[18:44] | Pretty disappointed in you, Luke. | 对你挺失望的 卢克 |
[18:45] | Well, you know, it’s easy to see where he learned it from. | 他从哪学坏的 我想大家都懂 |
[18:47] | His mother’s a cheater! | 他老妈就是个骗子 |
[18:49] | What?! Oh, don’t get so hot and bothered. Uh-huh! Mm. | 什么 你少跟我搞这套义愤填膺的了 |
[18:52] | – Your makeup’s already running, and what do… – Stop it. | -你的妆都要花了 你这… -别碰我 |
[18:53] | Do you have a Chinese character on your bruise? | 你的淤青上有个中文字吗 |
[18:55] | Yeah, it’s probably an imprint from the intruder’s ring. | 估计是闯入的人打我时 他戒指的字印的 |
[18:57] | He was — I’m sure he was in a gang of some sort. | 他… 我确定他肯定是混什么帮派之类的 |
[19:00] | Just give it up, Mitchell. | 老实交代吧 米奇尔 |
[19:01] | He knocked himself out with some nunchucks | 他玩我以代理副校长职权 |
[19:02] | that I confiscated as acting vice principal. | 没收的双节棍时不小心打到了自己 |
[19:05] | Oh, my God! Kung Sue is back. | 天啊 功妇又回来了 |
[19:07] | Daddy, did you hear that? | 老爸 你听到了吗 |
[19:08] | Well, Cam — Cam didn’t really win the football game. | 小卡 小卡不是靠实力赢的球赛 |
[19:11] | Uh-huh. He stole the last play from the lady coach! | 他从对方女教练那里偷听人家战术 |
[19:13] | Accidentally! I overheard it on a walkie-talkie | 是意外 我不小心在我做为代理副校长 |
[19:16] | that I require as an acting vice principal, | 必需要有的对讲机里听到的 |
[19:19] | which is a position I’m pretty proud of | 我对这职位感到十分骄傲 |
[19:20] | because I’m basically a sheriff. | 因为我基本就是个警长 |
[19:22] | – You’re not basically — No. Yes, I am basically a sheriff! | -你才不… -就是 我基本就是警长 |
[19:25] | I wear a hat! | 我戴着帽子 |
[19:28] | Dad is doing his trick, and he’s never done it before. | 爸要表演那个魔术了 他从来没做过呢 |
[19:30] | He could die. | 有可能会死 |
[19:33] | Come on! | 快来 |
[19:34] | Oh, Phil. Honey, wait! | 菲尔 亲爱的 别啊 |
[19:35] | – You don’t have to do this. – Yes, I do! | -你不用做这个的 -我必须要做 |
[19:38] | I’m the only loser in a remarkable family of winners. | 我是一大家人生赢家里的唯一废柴 |
[19:41] | No, no, no! | 不不 不是的 |
[19:42] | We are not all winners! | 我们才不是什么赢家 |
[19:44] | It turned out we all stink! | 其实我们全都是废柴 |
[19:46] | It doesn’t matter! | 无所谓了 |
[19:48] | I don’t want to live a life ruled by fear! | 不想要被恐惧支配我的人生 |
[19:50] | I have to do this trick today. | 我今天就得表演这个魔术 |
[19:53] | Although, it is getting hard to breathe! | 不过有点越来越难呼吸了 |
[19:55] | Don’t stop, Dad! You can do this! | 别停 老爸 你可以的 |
[19:57] | I believe in you! | 我对你有信心 |
[19:58] | – That’s not helping, honey! – Very interesting. | -这话说了没用啊 宝贝 -有意思 |
[20:00] | Okay, I’m just gonna try to barrel through this. | 我一鼓作气做完吧 |
[20:02] | It’s Normandy. I’m an American G.I. Named Tony Ranzetti. | 这里是诺曼底 我是美国大兵托尼·兰切提 |
[20:05] | I’m from Brooklyn, and I love my mama’s home cooking! | 我来自布鲁克林 我最爱我妈做的家常菜 |
[20:07] | But I don’t think I’m gonna be able to get out! | 但我觉得我逃不出来了 |
[20:08] | Is he talking as Tony Ranzetti or as Phil? | 是托尼的台词 还是菲尔真逃不出 |
[20:11] | What is wrong with you cowards?! | 你们这些孬种有病啊 |
[20:13] | Phil needs help! | 菲尔需要帮忙 |
[20:15] | Kung Sue’s back at it. | 功妇再次出击 |
[20:20] | It’s too late to get out! Oh. | 来不及逃啦 |
[20:22] | -No! -This was a mistake!! | -不要啊 -这就是个错误 |
[20:24] | Something’s wrong. Dad? | 好像真的不对 老爸 |
[20:25] | Oh, God. Phil! Phil! | 天啊 菲尔 菲尔 |
[20:29] | – Oh, my God! -What — What… | -天啊 -什 什么… |
[20:33] | Holy crap, where’d he go?! | 哇靠 他上哪去了 |
[20:35] | Private Ranzetti reporting Operation Overlord is a success. | 兰切提二等兵报告 天神作战成功 |
[20:41] | Cocktails are on me. | 鸡尾酒我请 |
[20:42] | That was amazing! Gotta hand it to you, Phil. | 太厉害了 谁都不服就服你 菲尔 |
[20:45] | You get the big turkey leg. | 火鸡的大鸡腿给你吃 |
[20:46] | Let’s take this party to the table! | 派对重新回到桌上 |
[20:49] | Come on, hippies. | 不赞吗 嬉皮士们 |
[20:55] | Cam. It’s late. | 小卡 很晚了 |
[20:59] | Cam, I have work early in the morning. | 小卡 我明天得早起干活 |
[21:04] | Cameron! I cannot sleep! | 卡梅隆 你这样我没法睡 |
[21:06] | Well, you should have thought about that | 那你下次应该先考虑清楚 |
[21:07] | before you challenged me that I couldn’t do | 再挑衅我 发出我无法在一天内 |
[21:09] | 100,000 steps in a day. | 跑完十万步的挑战啊 |
[21:10] | Well, how close are you? | 你还差多少 |
[21:12] | 125. | 125步 |
[21:13] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 行 |
[21:17] | Wait. 125 left? | 等等 是剩125步吧 |
[21:19] | Nope. | 不是 |
[21:19] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |