时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | During your weekend here, you will explore ways, | 这个周末 你们在此 |
[00:04] | through yoga, breathing, and other mindful practices, | 将通过瑜伽 呼吸运动及其他心灵活动 |
[00:08] | to reconnect with yourself and your partner. | 跟自己和跟伴侣重新建立联系 |
[00:11] | Also, for a small donation, | 另外 只需少许捐款 |
[00:13] | we have an on-site shaman who can heal your chakras. | 我们现场的萨满巫医即可治愈你的轮穴 |
[00:17] | Small donation? Sounds like a “Chakra con”. | 少许捐款 听起来像是轮穴诈骗 |
[00:21] | You’re supposed to turn that off. | 你应该要关机的 |
[00:23] | – I’m sorry. It’s work. – ?Okay, so is a marriage. | -抱歉 是工作 -这还关乎婚姻呢 |
[00:25] | You know, we traveled all this way. | 我们大老远跑来 |
[00:25] | The least you could do is take this seriously. | 你至少应该认真对待吧 |
[00:27] | I’m sorry. You’re right. | 抱歉 你说得对 |
[00:29] | Oh, my God, that — that crappy breakfast was $55. | 天啊 刚才那顿破早餐要55刀 |
[00:32] | – For flax and berries. – Yeah. | -就点亚麻籽和浆果 -是啊 |
[00:34] | I thought this was supposed to be one fee up front, all in. | 我以为事先一次性收费 之后就全包了 |
[00:36] | I wish you were all in, Mitchell. | 我倒希望你”全包式”投入 米奇尔 |
[00:37] | I’m sor– I am. Starting…now. | 抱歉 我是 从现在开始 |
[00:40] | Okay. ? | 好了 |
[00:41] | That wasn’t me. | 不是我手机响 |
[00:42] | I have invited the Tibetan Singing Bowl to ring, | 我邀请了西藏颂钵来发出回响 |
[00:45] | reminding us to all turn down the volume | 提醒我们降低音量 |
[00:48] | and find the beauty in silence. | 在静默中找到美 |
[00:53] | That was unfortunate. | 很不幸 |
[00:54] | My apologies. We happen to be next door to the Royals. | 抱歉 我们隔壁正好是皇家[队] |
[00:58] | Oh, my God, we just binged “The Crown”. | 天啊 我们刚狂看完皇室剧《王冠》 |
[00:59] | W-W-Which royals? William and Kate? | 哪些皇室成员 威廉和凯特吗 |
[01:01] | Harry and the “Suits” girl? | 还是哈里和《诉讼双雄》妹 |
[01:02] | Actually, it’s the Kansas City Royals. Spring training, | 事实上是堪萨斯城皇家队 他们正在春训 |
[01:05] | their practice field is next door. | 他们的训练场地就在隔壁 |
[01:07] | Growing up a Royals fan, it was always my dream | 我从小就是皇家队粉丝 看他们进行春训 |
[01:09] | to see them at spring training. | 一直是我的梦想 |
[01:11] | So, I just decided, after the retreat was over, | 于是我决定 等静修结束 |
[01:13] | I’m just gonna swing by, | 我就过去看看 |
[01:14] | you know, grab an autograph, | 要个签名什么的 |
[01:15] | maybe whisper an opinion in the manager’s ear, | 也许在经理耳边说些建议 |
[01:18] | be discovered as a great baseball mind. | 被发现本人极具棒球头脑 |
[01:20] | Then the Yankees would come calling, | 然后洋基队就会来找我 |
[01:22] | and then I’d have to choose between the team I love | 再然后我就不得不在热爱的球队 |
[01:24] | and the — the big payout. | 和高薪之间做选择 |
[01:26] | But I’m getting ahead of myself. | 现在想这些有点太着急了 |
[01:28] | Not to worry. This is their last day of training, | 无须担心 这是他们最后一天训练 |
[01:31] | and they leave tonight. | 他们今晚就走了 |
[01:32] | – Excuse me, question. ?- Yes. | -不好意思 我有问题 -你说 |
[01:33] | Yes, hi. Will we have an opportunity to explore | 你好 请问我们会否有机会 |
[01:36] | these — these beautiful grounds on our own? | 自行探索这个美丽的庭院 |
[01:38] | Absolutely. Tomorrow at sunset. | 当然 明天日落时 |
[01:40] | After goat yoga. | 进行完山羊瑜伽后 |
[01:43] | Oh, my God! Can it get any worse?! | 天啊 还能更衰一点吗 |
[02:01] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[02:02] | I grunted less when I was giving birth to Joe. | 我生乔的时候都没哼那么大声 |
[02:04] | You were pushing six and a half pounds, I’m pushing 220. | 你只是推出6磅半 我可是撑起220磅 |
[02:08] | You’re dressing younger. | 你穿了更年轻的衣服 |
[02:09] | You’re exercising. | 你在锻炼身体 |
[02:11] | You only had one breakfast this morning. | 今早你只吃了一份早餐 |
[02:14] | – Who is she, Jay? I’ll kill her. – ?Relax, would ya? | -那个淫妇是谁 杰 我要杀了她 -冷静点 |
[02:17] | I’m just trying to get in shape. | 我只是想保持身材 |
[02:19] | Okay, but hurry, because we have to go | 好吧 不过快点 |
[02:20] | and pick up Joe at the birthday party. | 我们还要去生日派对那接乔 |
[02:23] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[02:24] | Is that what this is all about — | 你做这么多就是因为这个吗 |
[02:26] | Henry’s father? | 亨利的爸爸 |
[02:27] | I don’t understand why you’re so insecure | 我不明白你为何如此不安 |
[02:29] | just because he’s younger, | 就因为他比你年轻 |
[02:31] | stronger, and more rugged than you are. | 比你强壮 比你粗犷 |
[02:33] | Go easy. I’m working on only one breakfast. | 悠着点 我在努力只吃一份早餐了 |
[02:36] | Joe won’t shut up about his new friend’s dad. | 乔一天到晚说他新朋友的爸爸 |
[02:38] | “Henry’s dad is so tough”. Who cares? | “亨利的爸爸好爷们哦” 谁在乎啊 |
[02:40] | He was a stunt double in a couple of “Bourne” Movies. | 他在几部《谍影重重》里当过特技替身 |
[02:42] | From the first time Joe went over there, | 从乔第一次去他们家 |
[02:44] | that guy’s been trying to prove how cool he is. | 那家伙就不停地想证明自己有多酷 |
[02:47] | Joe! Let’s go! | 乔 走了 |
[02:49] | Heads up! | 小心 |
[02:52] | – What the hell?! -Yeah! | -什么鬼 -耶 |
[02:54] | He’s Jason Bourne! | 他是杰森·伯恩 |
[02:55] | That’s make-believe. | 那都是演的 |
[02:57] | Matt Damon’s Jason Bourne. | 马特·达蒙才是杰森·伯恩 |
[02:59] | Growing up, I thought my dad was the coolest. | 小时候 我觉得我爸是最酷的人 |
[03:02] | And that made me feel good about myself. | 那让我对自己也感觉良好 |
[03:05] | I mean, I try to stay with it. | 我是说 我努力赶上他 |
[03:06] | Exactly! Look at you, you even have a smart watch. | 没错 瞧瞧你 你还有智能手表呢 |
[03:09] | Yeah, the damn thing tells me when to stand up, | 对 这玩意告诉我何时站起来 |
[03:11] | when to breathe. | 何时呼吸 |
[03:12] | Your body mass index is — | 你的体重指数是… |
[03:13] | Nobody asked! | 没人问你 |
[03:15] | Which have more chromosomes, potatoes or humans? | 哪个有更多染色体 土豆还是人类 |
[03:19] | Humans, right? | 人类 对吧 |
[03:20] | Potatoes?! | 居然是土豆 |
[03:23] | Oh, Krazy Kups, what can’t you teach us? | 小疯杯 还有你教不了我们的事吗 |
[03:26] | Are you doing all this to impress Haley’s boyfriend? | 你做这些都是为了让海莉男朋友觉得你厉害吗 |
[03:28] | Haley’s dating this genius astrophysics professor | 海莉在跟一个天才天体物理学教授谈恋爱 |
[03:30] | who’s somehow making her smarter | 不知怎的 他让她变聪明了 |
[03:32] | because, last week, I called Pluto a planet | 因为上周 我说冥王星是行星 |
[03:34] | and Haley laughed at me. | 结果海莉嘲笑我 |
[03:35] | In pity. | 同情傻子那种笑 |
[03:37] | – Haley. – ?Haley. | -海莉耶 -海莉 |
[03:40] | Haley. | 傻妹海莉 |
[03:41] | Do we think that Haley is suited to a professor, | 我们该认为海莉跟教授能合适吗 |
[03:44] | because I more saw her with a Gilligan type? | 我觉得他跟傻汉比较合适呢 |
[03:47] | Come on, now. Lots of happy couples | 别这样 很多幸福的情侣 |
[03:49] | aren’t the exact same level of smart. | 智商都不在一个境界 |
[03:51] | That’s true. We work. | 这倒是真的 我俩就行得通 |
[03:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:56] | Wait. When you say, “We work,” | 等等 你说我俩就行得通 |
[03:58] | do you think you’re smarter than me or I’m smarter than you? | 你是觉得你比我聪明 还是我比你聪明 |
[04:00] | I think I’m smart enough not to have this conversation. | 我想我够聪明到不跟你讨论这个 |
[04:02] | Oh, my God! | 老天 |
[04:03] | You do! You think you’re smarter than me! | 你就这么想 你认为你比我聪明 |
[04:07] | Okay, hotshot. How many patents do you have? | 好啊 天才 你有多少项专利 |
[04:12] | Polite Car Horn that’ll put an end to road rage. | 能让开车人士不再发脾气的礼貌汽车喇叭 |
[04:14] | Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me. | 不好意思三连 |
[04:16] | Can we just not get into a whole thing before this lunch? | 在这顿午餐前能不能先别争论这个 |
[04:19] | What lunch? I just ate a pie. | 什么午餐 我刚吃了个派 |
[04:20] | Your sister is dating a professor of astrophysics, | 你姐姐在跟一个天体物理学教授交往 |
[04:23] | and he’s coming here today to meet us. | 他今天要来见我们 |
[04:26] | Oh, good, someone to talk to. | 真好 有人跟我聊天了 |
[04:28] | I’m tired of dumbing it down for you chuckle-heads. | 我受够为了你们俩傻子而特意降低水平了 |
[04:31] | Bill, are you on your way? | 比尔 你出发了吗 |
[04:33] | Stay in the car. I’ll meet you outside. | 待在车里 我到外面找你 |
[04:35] | It was hard for me when Haley started dating Arvin, | 海莉开始跟阿尔文交往后 我挺难受的 |
[04:37] | my professor and science hero and… | 他可是我的教授和科学英雄 |
[04:40] | okay, fine, crush. | 好吧 我还暗恋他 |
[04:42] | I was so upset, I went home, and I may have overindulged… | 我很难过 跑回家了 然后可能太过放纵了 |
[04:46] | on Bagel Bites. | 吃了很多贝果 |
[04:52] | It’s okay. You’re safe. | 没事 你安全了 |
[04:53] | But I’m gonna need you to come with me. | 但你得跟我走 |
[04:55] | I don’t really think you need — | 你也没必要… |
[04:56] | Okay. He was like a superhero. | 好吧 他就像超级英雄 |
[04:59] | Is that your dad? | 那是你爸爸吗 |
[05:00] | A beautiful… | 一个英俊 |
[05:01] | not-so-smart superhero. | 但智商欠奉的超级英雄 |
[05:03] | The last thing I wanted was Professor Fennerman | 我最不想要的就是费诺曼教授 |
[05:04] | finding out I was dating a dummy. | 发现我在跟一个笨蛋约会 |
[05:06] | A sweet, chiseled dummy. | 一个贴心 轮廓分明的笨蛋 |
[05:10] | Alex, you didn’t mention you’ve got a firefighter boyfriend. | 艾丽克丝 你没说过你有个消防员男朋友啊 |
[05:14] | Yeah! It’s great. | 是啊 很棒 |
[05:15] | “Take that, you fire”. We gotta go. | “看我灭了你 火” 我们得走了 |
[05:17] | Oh, but your parents just invited me to stay for lunch. | 但你父母刚邀我留下吃午餐 |
[05:19] | Score! | 赚到啦 |
[05:20] | By the way, you look way younger than your poster. | 顺便说一下 你比海报上看起来年轻多了 |
[05:23] | We really should get going before we — | 我们真的该走了 不然… |
[05:25] | we miss our plans and stuff, right? | 会赶不上行程计划 对吧 |
[05:27] | – Yeah. – ?Uh, yeah… | -嗯 -是吧 |
[05:28] | Alex! I didn’t know you were joining us for lunch. | 艾丽克丝 我不知道你要一起吃午餐 |
[05:31] | Oh! No, no. | 不 不 |
[05:33] | My friend and I have some plans we really can’t get out of. | 我朋友跟我有安排了 不能取消 |
[05:36] | Oh, no, I could totally just show you “Backdraft” later. | 不 我可以晚点再给你看《烈火雄心》 |
[05:39] | It’s my brother’s DVD. He doesn’t even know I took it. So… | 是我哥的影碟 他都不知道我拿走了 |
[05:42] | ?Mom, Dad, this is Arvin. | 爸爸妈妈 这是阿尔文 |
[05:44] | Hello, Arvin. It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 阿尔文你好 很高兴认识你 |
[05:46] | Yes, you are the first TED Talkin’ science superstar | 没错 你可是我们家接待的第一位担任过 |
[05:49] | we’ve ever had in our house. | TED演讲嘉宾的科学超级巨星 |
[05:51] | Well, as long as I’m a “Superstar” and not a supernova. | 只要我是超级巨星而不是超新星就好了 |
[05:59] | You don’t even know what you’re laughing at. | 你们都不知道自己在笑什么 |
[06:00] | – I get it. – I got it more. | -我懂了 -我更懂 |
[06:02] | I don’t get it, but, uh, you sound like Austin Powers, man. | 我没听懂 但你的口音像《王牌大贱谍》的主角 |
[06:09] | Wow. Henry’s dad did such a great job | 亨利的爸爸为孩子们办的生日派对 |
[06:12] | with the birthday party for the kids, huh? | 真棒啊 对吧 |
[06:14] | “Henry’s dad”. “Henry’s dad”. | 左一句亨利爸爸 右一句亨利爸爸 |
[06:16] | I took Joe to see “African Queen” in CinemaScope. | 我可是带乔到宽银幕影院看过《非洲女王号》 |
[06:18] | Oh, hey. Good to see you again, Jay. | 又见面了 杰 |
[06:20] | – Hi. – Hi, I’m Clay. | -你好 -你好 我是克莱 |
[06:22] | I’d shake your hand, but I’m a little banged up. | 我想跟你握手 但我手受伤了 |
[06:24] | I fell out of a five-story building this morning, into a net. | 我今早从五层高的大楼摔下来 落到网子上 |
[06:26] | ?He fell out of bed this morning. | 他今早从床上摔下来 |
[06:29] | Hey, honey. | 老婆 |
[06:30] | Come down and meet these guys. | 下来打个招呼 |
[06:31] | Oh, hey! | 嗨 |
[06:35] | Welcome. I’m Jenny, Henry’s mom. | 欢迎 我是珍妮 亨利的妈妈 |
[06:38] | Joe’s parents — Jay, Gloria. | 我们是乔的爸妈 杰和歌洛莉亚 |
[06:39] | Hi. ?Gloria. | 你好 歌洛莉亚 |
[06:40] | Mama! Henry’s mom just did the wall so fast! | 妈妈 亨利的妈妈爬墙速度超快的 |
[06:43] | You try it. | 你也试试 |
[06:44] | Oh, I climb already into these heels this morning. | 我今早已经辛苦爬上这双高跟鞋了 |
[06:47] | It’s too much for me today. | 我今天运动量够了 |
[06:49] | – I’m going up again! – Okay. | -我要再爬一次 -好的 |
[06:51] | Oh, I used to love wearing shoes like that. | 我以前也很爱穿这种鞋子 |
[06:54] | But after marching around in combat boots for two years, | 但穿军靴行军两年后 |
[06:56] | I made a deal with my feet I would never hurt them again. | 我跟我的脚约好 我再也不会伤害它们 |
[07:00] | My beautiful wife did two tours in Iraq. | 我美丽的太太被派驻到伊拉克两次 |
[07:02] | Oh. ?Wow, Gloria, you’re not that different. | 歌洛莉亚 你也差不多啊 |
[07:04] | Yesterday, she did two tours of a sales rack. | 昨天 她同一个货架逛了两次 |
[07:10] | Help! I’m too high! | 救命 我爬太高了 |
[07:12] | Oh. ?Go ahead, just jump, buddy. I’ll catch ya. | 来吧 跳下来 我会接住你 |
[07:14] | But your sciatica! | 可你有坐骨神经痛 |
[07:17] | I’m on it. | 交给我 |
[07:18] | What is the hurry? He’s on a rope. | 有什么可急的 有安全绳 |
[07:22] | – She’s making quite a meal out of this. ?- Yeah. | -她可真能借机耍帅 -是啊 |
[07:28] | Attaboy. | 好小子 |
[07:30] | Thank you, Jenny. You’re so cool. | 谢谢你 珍妮 你太酷了 |
[07:33] | Ah, look at that, Gloria. She saved him. | 快看 歌洛莉亚 她救了他 |
[07:36] | Just like she saved America. | 就像她救了美国一般 |
[07:38] | Can I have some more cake? Jenny made it. | 我们能再吃点蛋糕吗 是珍妮做的 |
[07:42] | I used to cook for my squadron. | 我过去总给我的中队做吃的 |
[07:43] | You’ve done so many great things | 你做了这么多厉害的事 |
[07:44] | that you keep telling us about. | 可以没完没了说给我们听 |
[07:48] | Here we are — our sensory deprivation tanks | 我们到了 感官剥夺池 |
[07:50] | will disconnect you from the world | 能让你与世界隔离 |
[07:52] | and connect you with yourselves. | 联结自我 |
[07:54] | Okay, so, this looks a little coffin-y. | 这看起来有点像棺材 |
[07:56] | So, I’m not so sure. About my husband. | 我说不好 因为我丈夫 |
[07:59] | He had an MRI last year, and he sort of freaked out. | 他去年做核磁共振时恐慌发作了 |
[08:02] | So, do you have anything bigger, | 所以你们有没有大点的 |
[08:03] | like, an indoor pool or a family tank? | 例如室内泳池或家庭型的水池 |
[08:06] | Okay, Mitchell, I-I’m fine. | 米奇尔 我没事 |
[08:07] | We’re here to evolve and grow… | 我们是来进化成长的 |
[08:09] | So, the float lasts for one hour, | 漂浮时间是一小时 |
[08:11] | during which most people simply experience a deep, relaxed state. | 大部分人会体验到一种深层的放松状态 |
[08:16] | Most people? W-what about the rest? | 大部分人 那其余的人呢 |
[08:17] | W-what do they experience? | 他们体验到什么了 |
[08:18] | Okay, a-are these scratches on this lid here? | 这个盖子上是抓痕吗 |
[08:20] | Oh, come on, Mitchell. | 别这样 米奇尔 |
[08:21] | The flower that blooms in adversity | 逆境中绽放的花朵 |
[08:23] | is the most rare and beautiful of all. | 是最珍稀最美丽的 |
[08:25] | Very well put. | 说得真好 |
[08:27] | He didn’t make that up. It’s from “Mulan”. | 那不是他的话 是《花木兰》里的 |
[08:29] | Our daughter made us watch it a thousand times. | 我们女儿逼我们看了上千遍 |
[08:31] | I — Well, I’m lashing! Okay, maybe we should just float. | 我发脾气了 好吧 或许我们该漂一下 |
[08:34] | – Yeah, let’s just float. – ?Yeah, okay. | -没错 我们漂浮吧 -好 |
[08:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:48] | I tried to relax in there, I really did. | 我在里面试着放松了 我真的试了 |
[08:50] | But it was difficult. | 但太困难了 |
[08:51] | I-I guess because I felt like I was, um — | 我想是因为我当时觉得 |
[08:54] | Oh, what’s the word? | 该怎么说 |
[08:55] | Dying. | 要死了 |
[08:56] | But I got past that, | 但我挺过了那个阶段 |
[08:58] | only to start reliving every mistake I have ever made, | 结果开始回味我犯过的每一个错误 |
[09:01] | like when I went to an Oscar party and I said | 例如我去了一场奥斯卡派对 |
[09:03] | “Bett” Davis in front of a room full of vicious gays. | 在一群毒舌基佬面前念错”贝蒂·戴维斯” |
[09:06] | Honestly, the only thing that kept me in there | 说实话 唯一能让我坚持住的原因 |
[09:08] | was the knowledge that Cam was right next door. | 就是知道小卡就在我隔壁 |
[09:11] | Go Royals! I-I love you! | 皇家队加油 我爱你们 |
[09:13] | It was a solid plan — | 那是个周密的计划 |
[09:14] | just go for a quick peek, take some pictures, | 我就去看一眼 拍点照片 |
[09:16] | run back, splash some water in my hair, | 赶回来 往头发上泼点水 |
[09:18] | “Oh, Mitchell, isn’t floating so relaxing?” | “米奇尔 漂浮真让人放松啊” |
[09:27] | – Got it! – Nice catch. | -接住了 -接得好 |
[09:29] | Oh. ?That was good. | 接得真好 |
[09:30] | Oh, my gosh. Uh, M-mr. Brett. | 我的天 布列特先生 |
[09:32] | I didn’t know you would be here. | 我不知道您会在这 |
[09:32] | 皇家队传奇选手乔治·布列特 现在是该队的行政副总裁 | |
[09:33] | Hi. Call me George. | 叫我乔治 |
[09:34] | – Oh, George. ?- Yeah, how are ya? | -乔治 -你好吗 |
[09:36] | Uh, good. My name’s Cameron. | 我很好 我叫卡梅隆 |
[09:37] | Nice to meet you, Cam. | 很高兴认识你 小卡 |
[09:38] | Nice to meet you. Been a fan for — | 很高兴认识您 我一直是您的粉丝 |
[09:39] | Hey, do you mind if I get a picture? | 您介意我拍张照片吗 |
[09:41] | Not at all. Not at all. | 完全不 完全不 |
[09:42] | 300 bucks, how’s that sound? | 三百美元 怎么样 |
[09:44] | I’m retired. | 我退休了 |
[09:45] | – 300? ?- I’m just kidding. | -三百 -我开玩笑的 |
[09:48] | – Come on, it’s free. – Okay — Ow! | -快来 不要钱 -好 |
[09:52] | Alright. ?There it is. | 太好了 拍好了 |
[09:53] | – There they are! ?- There ya go! | -拍好了 -好啊 |
[09:55] | Well, listen, I don’t want to take up too much of your time. | 我不想占用您太多时间 |
[09:57] | – Thank you s- – ?I got all the time in the world. | -太感谢了 -我有的是时间 |
[09:58] | I’m not playing. I’m just coaching. | 我又不上场 我只是教练 |
[10:00] | – Okay. – ?Yeah. Come here. | -那好 -快来 |
[10:01] | Let me tell you the story about the Pine Tar game. | 我给你讲讲松焦油门的事 |
[10:01] | 松焦油有助于打者握棒 在83年的一场比赛 他被检举使用过量应取消得分 最后被驳回 | |
[10:04] | You wanna hear that? | 你想听吗 |
[10:04] | – Sure. ?- Come on. | -当然 -快来 |
[10:05] | – Okay. ?- But first, let me tell you about — | -好的 -但我先给你讲讲 |
[10:07] | I’m gonna tell you about dinner the night before. | 我从前一晚的晚饭讲起 |
[10:13] | You must be the genius boyfriend. | 你肯定是那个天才男友 |
[10:14] | That is what the guys call me. | 大伙都那么叫我 |
[10:16] | They’re always, like, you know, | 他们总那么叫 |
[10:18] | “Hey, genius”. I’m like, “Hey, guys”. | “天才” 我就说”大伙” |
[10:21] | So, tell me, are there aliens? | 告诉我 有没有外星人 |
[10:23] | You kidding? 100%. | 你认真的吗 百分之百有 |
[10:24] | Oh, I knew it. Wait, and the zombiepocalypse? | 我就知道 等等 那僵尸世界末日呢 |
[10:27] | Dude, I tell everyone, | 哥们 我总对所有人说 |
[10:29] | “Start building up an immunity to zombie bites. Now”. | “现在就开始培养对僵尸病毒的免疫力” |
[10:32] | I’m so glad we talked. | 和你聊两句我收获良多 |
[10:35] | Um. Sorry for the interruption. | 抱歉我刚才得去接电话 |
[10:37] | Everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[10:38] | Well, the short story is, yes. | 简单来说 是的 |
[10:40] | The long story is, the theory on which I’ve based | 展开来说 我用了职业生涯大部分时间 |
[10:43] | much of my career has just been disproven. | 来研究的理论刚刚被证明是错误的 |
[10:46] | What? Your Vacuum Energy Density Theory? | 什么 你的真空能量密度理论 |
[10:48] | I’m-I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[10:49] | Me, too. That was the density theory I thought really worked. | 我也是 那是我最支持的密度理论 |
[10:53] | Really, Phil, what was your second choice? | 真的吗 菲尔 你的第二支持的理论是什么 |
[10:55] | Well, that’s all part of the process, isn’t it? | 这都是研究过程的一部分 不是吗 |
[10:58] | My theory actually invalidated someone else’s. | 而我的理论也让别人的理论无效了 |
[11:01] | He jumped off a building — | 那人跳楼了 |
[11:04] | just very dramatic. | 非常戏剧化 |
[11:05] | But, well, I’m British. So, no worries. | 但我是英国人 所以别担心 |
[11:09] | What smells so good? | 什么菜这么香 |
[11:11] | Uh. Uh, it’s the chicken! | 是鸡肉 |
[11:12] | So, Bill, you are a firefighter? | 比尔 你是消防员 |
[11:15] | Yeah, my three favorite things are helping people, | 是的 我最喜欢的三件事是帮助他人 |
[11:18] | sliding down poles, and hanging off trucks, | 滑竿和在大卡车上待着 |
[11:20] | so I figured might as well make a career out of it. | 所以我想不如就拿这个当事业吧 |
[11:23] | Well, it’s good that your favorite things | 幸好你最喜欢的三样东西 |
[11:24] | weren’t chloroform, duct tape, and windowless vans. | 不是氯仿 布基胶带和没有窗口的货车 |
[11:30] | Claire, the joke is he’d be a kidnapper. | 克莱尔 这个笑话是说他是绑匪 |
[11:32] | I got it. | 我听懂了 |
[11:33] | You know, Phil used to think | 要知道 菲尔过去以为 |
[11:34] | it was “duck” tape. | 那个词是”鸭子”[音似]胶带 |
[11:37] | Like, duck. | 鸭子 |
[11:38] | Claire didn’t understand the ending of “La La Land”. | 克莱尔没看懂《爱乐之城》的结局 |
[11:41] | Sorry. They’re not normally like this. | 抱歉 他们平时不是这样的 |
[11:43] | Clearly, they’re going through something | 很显然他们在争论某件事 |
[11:44] | they can’t even drop for one important lunch. | 连这么重要的午餐都不能休战一会 |
[11:46] | They’re arguing over who’s smarter, | 他们在争论谁更聪明 |
[11:48] | and there’s only one way to settle it. | 而这事只有一个方法能解决 |
[11:49] | Another time, in the presence of a marriage counselor? | 改天去找婚姻顾问解决吗 |
[11:51] | Nope. Brain Battle. | 不 头脑大战 |
[11:53] | No. No, we’re not doing that right now. | 不 不 我们现在不能玩这个 |
[11:54] | I’m so sorry, Arvin. We’re being silly. | 我很抱歉 阿尔文 我们真不该这样 |
[11:56] | “How many presidents died in office?” | 有多少位总统在职期间去世 |
[11:58] | – Eight. – Six. | -八位 -六位 |
[11:59] | The correct answer is eight. | 正确答案是八位 |
[12:02] | Damn it. Give me another one. | 见鬼 再问一个 |
[12:03] | Why was six afraid of seven? | 六为什么害怕七 |
[12:06] | ‘Cause seven, eight, nine. | 因为七”扒”九 |
[12:10] | Like he “ate” it. | 它”扒了”九 |
[12:11] | “Who wrote ‘Moby Dick’?” | 《白鲸记》是谁所著 |
[12:12] | Herman Munster. Herman Munster. | 赫尔曼·曼斯特 赫尔曼·曼斯特 |
[12:15] | – Herman Melville. – Melville! | -赫尔曼·麦尔维尔 -麦尔维尔 |
[12:16] | “How many moons does Jupiter have?” | 木星有多少颗卫星 |
[12:21] | Oh, is it alright if I take this one? | 我可以回答这个问题吗 |
[12:23] | ?27. | 27颗 |
[12:24] | 67. | 67颗 |
[12:26] | Hmm? No, that’s-that’s wrong. | 不 不是的 |
[12:27] | 67 is Uranus and… | 天王星才有67颗 |
[12:29] | Jupiter’s 27, right, Alex? | 木星是27颗 对吗 艾丽克斯 |
[12:32] | Actually, no. | 其实不是的 |
[12:34] | But it’s a simple mistake, though. | 但那只是个小错误 |
[12:36] | You just flipped them. | 你只是记反了 |
[12:37] | Well, this is mortifying, isn’t it? | 这太令人羞愧了不是吗 |
[12:39] | I have a doctorate in astrophysics. | 我有天体物理学的博士学位 |
[12:42] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[12:43] | First, some puffed-up Swedes invalidate my life’s work. | 先是一个傲慢的瑞典人作废了我一生的研究 |
[12:46] | And then I’m bested by a little bedtime gurgle cup! | 然后我败给了小水杯上的脑筋急转弯 |
[12:51] | I’m sorry. I’m going to need a moment. | 对不起 我得自己静一静 |
[12:53] | 67 moons. What an idiot. | 67颗卫星 真是白痴 |
[12:57] | Well, all’s I know is | 我只知道 |
[12:59] | the Earth only has one moon | 地球只有一个月亮[卫星] |
[13:00] | and I saw a documentary and we didn’t even land on it. | 我看过一部纪录片说我们根本没登月 |
[13:04] | Oh, my God, stop talking. | 我的天 闭嘴吧 |
[13:07] | You know, you’re being kind of mean. | 你这样有点刻薄 |
[13:09] | I’m gonna need a moment, too. | 我也得自己静一静 |
[13:11] | This is why I don’t bring boyfriends home. | 这就是为什么我不带男友回家 |
[13:12] | Why didn’t you ask me before inviting him to lunch? | 你们邀请他来吃午餐之前怎么不问问我 |
[13:18] | “This Paul Newman character | 保罗·纽曼在哪部电影中的角色 |
[13:19] | had a ‘cool hand’?” | 被称为”辣手” |
[13:20] | – Luke! – ?Yep. | -卢克[铁窗喋血男主] -答对了 |
[13:22] | Counts! Counts. | 这道也算 也算 |
[13:25] | Henry’s dad climbed the wall with one hand! It was awesome! | 亨利的爸爸单手攀岩 太帅了 |
[13:29] | Yeah, well, his career rides on Matt Damon | 他的事业全仰仗马特·达蒙 |
[13:31] | not doing any artsy, think-y movies, | 不拍需要动脑子的艺术片 |
[13:34] | so I wouldn’t count on Henry | 所以亨利很可能 |
[13:35] | going to your school much longer. | 很快就读不起你的学校了 |
[13:39] | What the hell? I made that light. | 搞什么 我赶在红灯之前了 |
[13:42] | Oh, geez. Another ticket. | 老天 又一张罚单 |
[13:43] | Henry’s mom drove a tank! | 亨利的妈妈会开坦克 |
[13:46] | Henry’s mom! Henry’s mom! | 亨利的妈妈 亨利的妈妈 |
[13:49] | What are you doing, Gloria? | 你做什么 歌洛莉亚 |
[13:50] | I want to see Henry’s mom do this! | 我倒想看看亨利的妈妈这样做 |
[13:57] | Yay! He’s chasing us! | 他在追我们 |
[13:59] | This feels like a bad idea. | 我觉得这是个馊主意 |
[14:00] | Okay, too late, because I’m already committed! | 太晚了 这事情已经没有回头路了 |
[14:02] | Heart rate — high. Heart rate — high. | 心率过高 心率过高 |
[14:04] | What is the plan, Gloria? | 你打算怎么做 歌洛莉亚 |
[14:05] | We’re going to the mall! | 我们要去商场 |
[14:07] | You know why I tease you about your shopping? | 现在知道我为什么用购物的事打趣你了吗 |
[14:08] | Well, you do have a problem. | 你这的确是病 |
[14:14] | Okay, get down and don’t move. | 身子压低 不要动 |
[14:16] | That’s gonna be tough. I can smell Cinnabon. | 这可不容易 我闻到肉桂面包店的味儿了 |
[14:25] | Where have you been? | 你都去哪了 |
[14:26] | I just stayed in the tank a little — a little extra. | 我在水里多泡了一阵子 加强一下 |
[14:28] | How — What a great experience. | 真是场太棒的经历了 |
[14:30] | Just being alone with yourself — | 与自己独处 |
[14:31] | Oh, I was never alone. | 我完全没独处到 |
[14:32] | I-I saw the face of every bully, | 我看到了每个欺负我的人 |
[14:34] | I replayed every humiliation — | 重新经历每一次羞辱 |
[14:36] | Is this about “Bett” Davis again? | 又要提念错贝蒂名字的事了吗 |
[14:37] | Okay, we had just watched “Ruthless People”. | 我们当时刚看完电影《家有恶夫》 |
[14:40] | You’re thinking Midler. You gotta let it go. | 你弄混贝特·米德勒与戴维斯了 放手吧 |
[14:42] | I know. I’m — I’m gonna try. | 我知道啦 我会尽量 |
[14:43] | But as scared as I was in there, | 但尽管我在里面感到如此害怕 |
[14:45] | I kept thinking about how | 我一直不断地想着 |
[14:46] | you’re the one person who makes me feel safe. | 你是唯一令我感到有安全感的人 |
[14:48] | And it made me want to be a better husband… ?Aww. | 让我有动力想要当一个更好的丈夫 |
[14:51] | …and to be more present, to be more understanding, to — | 要给你更多陪伴 给予你更多理解 来… |
[14:55] | Why — Why’s your face red? | 为什么你的脸是红的 |
[14:56] | – Oh, is it? ?- Yeah. | -是吗 -对啊 |
[14:57] | Oh, just probably ’cause of the toxins, you know — | 可能是因为排出毒素什么的吧 |
[14:59] | And your arms, too, but only up to the — | 你的手臂也是 但只红到了… |
[15:02] | You have a farmer’s tan. | 你这不是农夫晒吗 |
[15:03] | What have I told you about that expression? | 你忘了我跟你谈过用这个形容词的事了吗 |
[15:04] | – I can say it… – ?Oh, my — | -我乡村人可以说… -天啊… |
[15:06] | That’s why you’re burned. You went Royal watching! | 我知道你为什么晒伤了 你去看皇家队了 |
[15:09] | I was only gonna stay for a second, but George Brett — | 我本来就打算看两眼就走 但乔治·布列特 |
[15:11] | George — George Brett cornered me. | 乔治·布列特硬拉着我 |
[15:12] | And you know how I am with famous people. | 你也知道我碰到名人时是啥德行 |
[15:14] | I can’t say “No”. | 我拒绝不了他们 |
[15:15] | Remember when I spent the entire day at the pool | 你还记得我因此在泳池泡了一整天 |
[15:17] | with Downtown Julie Brown? | 就因为一个小牌女明星吗 |
[15:18] | You shamed me into coming here | 你让我羞愧好陪你来 |
[15:19] | only to leave me soaking in a bowl of trauma soup? | 结果你把我独自丢在一碗内心创伤汤里吗 |
[15:22] | Okay, whoa, whoa. W-What happened about be– | 你等一下嘛 你不是说要… |
[15:24] | being more understanding? | 要给予更多理解吗 |
[15:25] | I can’t believe you’re turning this into my fault. | 你居然还想把这事赖成我的错 |
[15:27] | This is so like you, Cams. | 太像你会做的事了 小卡 |
[15:28] | Hello, again. | 两位 再次问好 |
[15:29] | Please follow me to your guided silent meditation. | 请跟随我来你们的冥想课 |
[15:34] | Before we begin, | 在我们开始之前 |
[15:35] | the chef has asked me to reassure everyone | 大厨让我请大家放心 |
[15:38] | that there’s nothing wrong with the tempeh. | 丹贝绝对没有问题 |
[15:40] | It’s supposed to taste that way. | 它吃起来就是那个味道 |
[15:43] | Alright. | 好了 |
[15:44] | Deep breath. In through the nose. | 深呼吸 从鼻腔吸入 |
[15:47] | Out through the mouth. | 从鼻腔吐出 |
[15:49] | Only in silence can we be truly present. | 只有在静默中我们才能真正存在 |
[15:52] | But be prepared — | 但请准备好 |
[15:53] | errant feelings may arise. | 杂念可能会浮现 |
[15:56] | Anxiety, doubt, anger… | 焦虑 怀疑 怒火 |
[16:00] | Now, take a breath and let those feelings pass | 再一次呼吸 让那些情绪 |
[16:03] | like clouds in the sky. | 像天空的云朵般随风而去 |
[16:06] | The tension is melting away. | 紧绷的内心慢慢舒缓开来 |
[16:08] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[16:09] | Live in this moment | 活在这 |
[16:11] | of serenity and stillness. | 平静与静止的时刻 |
[16:15] | We’re so accustomed to going, going, going. | 我们太习惯了要不停地冲刺再冲刺 |
[16:19] | But we need to just stop. | 但我们需要的是停下 |
[16:22] | Ask yourself the important questions. | 扪心自问这个重要的问题 |
[16:26] | Are you running away from difficult feelings? | 你是在逃离那些难解的情绪吗 |
[16:31] | Are you holding on to petty grievances? | 你在紧抓着小肚鸡肠的事不放吗 |
[16:35] | Are you being the best you? | 你有在做最好的自己吗 |
[16:40] | It’s not too late to find your way back. | 现在找回原来的道路还不晚 |
[16:43] | To the light, | 回到光明 |
[16:45] | to forgiveness, | 回到原谅 |
[16:47] | to love. | 回到爱 |
[16:50] | It was amazing. | 太神奇了 |
[16:51] | There were no words, | 虽然没用语言 |
[16:52] | but I could feel Cam | 但我能感到小卡 |
[16:54] | taking full responsibility for our fight. | 为我们的争吵表示负全部责任 |
[16:56] | Total silence, but Mitchell’s eyes said, | 完全没有语言 但米奇尔的眼神写了 |
[17:00] | “It’s all on me”. | “一切都是我的错” |
[17:01] | You know, “I was wrong. What would I do without you?” | 就是”我错了 没有你我该怎么办啊” |
[17:04] | It was a beautiful weekend. | 真是个太美妙的周末了 |
[17:05] | Plus, George Brett signed my ball. | 而且乔治·布列特给我的球签名了 |
[17:08] | Oh, “To Cam, all my best wishes, George Brett. | “给小卡 祝你万事如意 乔治·布列特 |
[17:11] | P.S. We are not done with this”? | 附注 这事儿我们俩没完” |
[17:14] | Mitchell! | 米奇尔 |
[17:15] | Did you write on my ball?! | 你在我的球上写字了吗 |
[17:19] | Hey, where’s Bill? | 比尔上哪去了 |
[17:21] | I don’t know. He’s probably outside. | 我不知道 他估计在外面 |
[17:23] | When he gets agitated, he likes to climb stuff. | 他焦虑的时候就喜欢爬东西 |
[17:25] | That lunch was insane. Can you believe Mom and Dad? | 午饭真是神经病啊 你敢相信爸妈会这样吗 |
[17:28] | No, and, uh, I can’t believe you either. | 不啊 但我也没想到你会这样 |
[17:31] | You’re so mean to Bill. | 你对比尔太毒了吧 |
[17:32] | What do you have against hot people? | 你跟高魅力人群有仇吗 |
[17:34] | – What did we ever do to you? – ?You lost me. | -我们是哪里对不起你了 -你说什么呢 |
[17:35] | You’re gonna blow it with that guy, | 你摆明会甩了那男的 |
[17:37] | and he’s really nice. | 人家明明很好 |
[17:38] | Why do you have to make him feel so dumb? | 你为什么要让人家觉得自己是白痴呢 |
[17:40] | Okay, you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 行了 你根本就是不懂在瞎扯 |
[17:41] | Oh, yes, I do. | 我可懂了 |
[17:43] | Because it’s the same way you’ve always treated me. | 因为你对待他跟对待我都用同种方式 |
[17:45] | It sucks. | 超不爽 |
[17:47] | You know what Arvin never does? | 你知道阿尔文从不做什么事吗 |
[17:49] | Makes me feel less smart than him. | 让我觉得自己比他笨 |
[17:51] | So, who cares if Bill’s not a member of Menses? | 比尔不是”天柴”俱乐部的又如何 |
[17:53] | Look, this is the first boyfriend you’ve ever had | 他好歹是你第一个交往过的 |
[17:55] | that is age appropriate, employed, | 年龄与你相仿 有工作 |
[17:58] | and doesn’t look like he’s dying on a ship. | 而且长得不像在船上快死的人 |
[18:00] | I wouldn’t say “Boyfriend”. | 他不算是”男朋友” |
[18:01] | He’s more like a guilty pleasure. | 他比较算是有罪恶感的快感 |
[18:03] | Guilty or not, that’s the first time I’ve ever heard you | 无论有没有罪恶感 好歹这是我第一次 |
[18:05] | describe a guy as a “pleasure”. | 形容一个男生”有快感” |
[18:15] | Bill, I’m sorry! | 比尔 对不起 |
[18:17] | All good, babe. | 没事的 宝贝 |
[18:18] | You’re the one fire I can’t put out. | 你是我唯一扑灭不了的一把火 |
[18:21] | Well, also grease is pretty tricky. | 还有油类火灾也挺难扑灭 |
[18:25] | Arvin? | 阿尔文 |
[18:29] | Arvin, hi. Are you okay? | 阿尔文 你好 你没事吧 |
[18:31] | Yeah. Oh, yes. Yes. | 没事 我没事 |
[18:33] | Um…yes. I-I-I’m just a-a little embarrassed. | 没事 我只是有点羞愧 |
[18:36] | We’re the ones who should be embarrassed. | 我们才是该感到羞愧的人 |
[18:38] | We just made lunch so tense and weird. | 我们把午餐搞得特别紧绷怪异 |
[18:41] | Yeah. ?Well, I’m — | 那个 我… |
[18:42] | I’m not terribly adept at handling failure. | 我不是那么会接受失败 |
[18:46] | My parents are both overachieving academics — | 我的父母都是超高成就的学者 |
[18:49] | a doctor of philosophy and a doctor of mathematics. | 一个是哲学博士与数学博士 |
[18:52] | Wow! ?And Father is a doctor of medicine | 而我爸爸是医学博士 |
[18:54] | and doctor of economics. | 与经济学博士 |
[18:57] | I-I’m sorry. I just need to shake it off. | 抱歉 我自己摆脱这情绪就行了 |
[19:00] | You know, stiff-upper-lip it. | 控制好情绪 |
[19:01] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 我没事的 |
[19:02] | Can we just pretend it never happened? | 能不能假装刚才没有发生过 |
[19:04] | No. | 不 |
[19:05] | No, failure sucks. | 不 失败很让人难受 |
[19:08] | It’s okay to feel bad. | 感到难受很正常啊 |
[19:09] | Yeah, wallow a little. Eat some ice cream. | 想不开心就不开心吧 吃点冰激凌 |
[19:11] | Day drink, that’s how you come out the other side. | 白天喝酒也没事 这样才能缓过来啊 |
[19:15] | You’re — You’re like the inverse of my parents. | 你们 你们就像是我父母的相反版本啊 |
[19:18] | Except the drinking. | 除了喝酒的部分一样 |
[19:19] | They’re pickled most of the day. | 他们几乎整天都醉醺醺的 |
[19:21] | Well, you’re not in their house. | 你现在不在父母家嘛 |
[19:24] | This is House Dunphy — We fail here. | 这里是邓菲家 我们可以失败 |
[19:26] | Right. I mean, today our whole goal | 对啊 比如我们今天本来的目标 |
[19:28] | was to impress you. We made fools of ourselves. | 是要给你留下好印象 结果弄巧成拙 |
[19:30] | I have a magic shop that’s bleeding money — thousands. | 我开了一家不停亏钱的魔术用品店 成千在亏 |
[19:32] | – What? ?- It’s fine. | -什么 -没事的 |
[19:33] | Hey, what’s all this, then? | 这是在干嘛[英腔] |
[19:34] | Oh, whoa. Did I get that from you? | 我这口音是被你传染的吗 |
[19:36] | Am I becoming Madonna? | 我要变成麦当娜了吗 |
[19:36] | 美国土生土长的知名女歌手 在搬到英国后变了口音 | |
[19:38] | Your parents were actually being quite lovely. | 你的父母对我很好 |
[19:40] | Thank you for taking the time. | 谢谢你们开导我 |
[19:44] | Oh, and my parents’ walls may be adorned | 或许我父母家的墙上 |
[19:46] | with nothing but degrees and awards, | 挂满了各种学位证与奖项 |
[19:49] | but they don’t have one tenth of your emotional intelligence. | 但他们的情商不足你们的十分之一 |
[19:53] | Aww! ?Thank you. | 谢谢你的夸奖 |
[19:56] | But would you say it’s an absolutely equal emotional… | 但你觉得我们俩的情商是完全一样吗 |
[19:57] | If you had to pick a winner — | 如果要选谁比较高… |
[19:58] | Okay, stop it. | 好了 闭嘴 |
[20:03] | That was so fun. | 太好玩了 |
[20:04] | My heart is racing. | 我的心砰砰跳 |
[20:06] | You? My watch dialed my cardiologist. | 那又如何 我的智能手表打给我的心脏医生了 |
[20:09] | I’ve never run from the cops before. | 我从没逃过警察 |
[20:11] | Me either. | 我也没有啊 |
[20:12] | Lights! | 灯 |
[20:15] | I can’t wait to tell everyone how cool you guys are! | 我都等不及要跟大家说你们多酷了 |
[20:18] | We’re not cool, Joe. | 我们不酷 乔 |
[20:20] | That’s not what people do | 正常人不应该 |
[20:21] | when a policeman pulls them over. | 在警察叫他们靠边停时这么做 |
[20:22] | In fact, there’s nothing cool about us. | 其实我们俩一点酷的地方都没有 |
[20:24] | Well, I don’t think we should be lumped into — | 我们也不需要这么泼冷… |
[20:26] | Lights! | 灯 |
[20:28] | Joe, there are more important things than being cool. | 乔 世上还有很多比酷更重要的事 |
[20:30] | Uh, like what? | 比如什么 |
[20:32] | Look, the point is, Joe, we love you too much | 乔 重点是我们太爱你 |
[20:34] | to let you think dumb moves like this are okay. | 把你宠到你觉得做这样的蠢事是可以的 |
[20:37] | So, what do we do now? | 那我们现在该做什么 |
[20:40] | We’re gonna do the right thing. | 我们要做正确的事 |
[20:47] | Officer! | 警官 |
[20:55] | Where’s Cinnabon? | 肉桂面包店在哪里啊 |
[20:58] | Sure enough, they call me out for using too much pine tar. | 不用想也知道 他们检举我用太多松焦油 |
[21:01] | I run out there and just go berserk on these umpires. | 我冲出去跟裁判大吵 |
[21:05] | But everybody remembers — ?Ugh! | 但大家记得… |
[21:06] | Watch out. That’s a base. ?Yeah. | 小心 这里是垒包 |
[21:08] | – That’s third base. – Third base. | -这里是三垒 -三垒 |
[21:09] | That’s where I used to play. You remember that? | 我当年也是三垒手 还记得吗 |
[21:10] | Yeah. Should we do — | 当然 我们要来… |
[21:12] | So, when you would stand here, | 所以你当年会站在这里 |
[21:14] | you would just kind of basically be in an athletic — | 会保持一个运动员的… |
[21:16] | – I played college football… – ?You would get here. | -我当年打大学橄榄球 -你会站到这里 |
[21:17] | You would get right here like this and say, | 会这么站在这里 然后念叨着 |
[21:19] | “Please don’t hit it to me”. | “千万别打到我这边来” |
[21:21] | That’s how I feel! | 我也是这个感觉 |
[21:23] | I’m gonna get you back! | 敢打来你就死定了 |