时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[00:02] | Oh, my God. He brought Mom’s old car? | 我的天 他把妈的旧车也拖来了 |
[00:05] | You know, that thing was perfect for Dede — | 要知道 那玩意再适合迪迪不过了 |
[00:06] | loud, pulled way to the left, | 又吵 又偏左[派] |
[00:08] | and constantly broke down in public. | 还总在公共场合抽风 |
[00:11] | My ex-wife, Dede, died two months ago, | 我前妻迪迪两个月前去世了 |
[00:14] | and her husband, Jerry, drove down with a bunch of junk | 她丈夫杰瑞把她想留给我们的破烂 |
[00:16] | she wanted us to have. | 都拉了过来 |
[00:17] | I always liked Jerry. | 我一直很喜欢杰瑞 |
[00:19] | Then why did you always look at him funny? | 那你为什么总用奇怪的眼神看他 |
[00:21] | Because I knew what he was in for. | 因为我知道他所要面临的悲惨命运 |
[00:23] | Same way I look at the footage of those people | 我看人们登上泰坦尼克号的录像时 |
[00:25] | boarding the Titanic. | 也是那种眼神 |
[00:27] | Jay, this is for you. | 杰 这是给你的 |
[00:29] | Oh, God. Is that her? | 老天爷 那是她的灰吗 |
[00:30] | No, no, no. Apparently this is a jar of sand | 不不不 这是你们度蜜月时 |
[00:32] | from your honeymoon in Miami Beach. | 从迈阿密海滩带回的沙子 |
[00:34] | Oh, yeah. We stayed at the Fontainebleau. | 是啊 当时我们住在枫丹白露酒店 |
[00:36] | Guess who we took an elevator with? | 猜猜我们在电梯里遇到了谁 |
[00:38] | Jackie Gleason. | 杰基·格利森[演员] |
[00:40] | I told him we were the honeymooners, | 我告诉他我们才在《蜜月期》 |
[00:41] | and, as a joke, he threatened to punch Dede to the moon. | 他开玩笑威胁要把迪迪揍到月亮上去 |
[00:44] | Why is that funny? | 笑点在哪 |
[00:45] | Well, that’s my point. It wasn’t right. | 我就是这个意思 哪里好笑 |
[00:47] | Claire, your mom wanted you to have her old sports car. | 克莱尔 你妈想把她的旧跑车留给你 |
[00:50] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[00:51] | And Mitchell, you get to keep her jewelry. | 米奇尔 她的珠宝给你 |
[00:55] | Oh, so Claire gets a car, | 这么说克莱尔得到了跑车 |
[00:56] | and I get a, uh, box of turquoise. | 而我得到了一盒子绿松石 |
[00:58] | Want to trade? | 你想交换吗 |
[00:59] | No. No, it’s fine. | 不 这样挺好的 |
[01:00] | I have a preteen girl at home, | 我家有个”不到十三岁的少女” |
[01:01] | and she likes to play dress-up. | “她”喜欢玩扮装游戏 |
[01:03] | And, you know, Lily might like it, too. | 再说 莉莉或许也会喜欢 |
[01:04] | Mitchell and Claire, Dede wanted you two to decide | 米奇尔 克莱尔 迪迪想让你俩决定 |
[01:07] | who gets to keep her. | 谁把她带回家 |
[01:08] | Sorry, Jay. She left you out of this one. | 抱歉 杰 她没把你包括在内 |
[01:11] | No worries, Jerr. I’m good with the sand. | 别担心 杰瑞 我有沙子就够了 |
[01:12] | Hang on. Uh, what do you mean, “Gets to keep her”? | 等等 你说”把她带回家”是什么意思 |
[01:16] | That’s Dede. | 那就是迪迪 |
[01:17] | We had her ashes organically fused with the root ball. | 我们把她的骨灰和根垛有机融合在一起了 |
[01:20] | That is so Mom. | 太像老妈的风格了 |
[01:21] | I know. Setting up one last thing for us to fight over, | 是啊 最后还要留样东西让我们争 |
[01:25] | because neither of us want that tree. | 因为我们谁都不想要那棵树 |
[01:26] | Because both of us want the tree. | 因为我们都想要那棵树 |
[01:27] | What? | 什么 |
[01:28] | That was easy. | 轻松解决 |
[01:43] | Oh, cool. | 酷 |
[01:44] | Look. Nana left us her old toy box from her house. | 看 外婆把她家的旧玩具箱留给我们了 |
[01:47] | Aww, bless her hoarding heart. | 保佑她那颗有囤积症的心 |
[01:49] | Remember how I used to hide in here | 还记得我过去总躲在这里 |
[01:51] | and pop out like a scary monster? | 像吓人的怪物一样跳出来吗 |
[01:53] | I had so much promise back then. | 那时的我未来还一片大好 |
[01:58] | A stick horse that vibrates? | 能震动的棍马 |
[02:00] | I never got the point. | 我一直搞不懂用意 |
[02:01] | I don’t know, | 我说不好 |
[02:01] | but I remember spending hours riding on it. | 但我记得过去一”骑”就是好久 |
[02:04] | Same. | 我也是 |
[02:08] | Oh. Lookie here, Alex. | 快看这个 艾丽克斯 |
[02:10] | The source of your greatest shame — | 你最大屈辱的根源 |
[02:12] | the puzzle that I solved but you never did. | 我能解开但你解不开的积木拼图 |
[02:15] | Who cares? | 谁在乎 |
[02:16] | We were just dumb kids. | 当时我们都是蠢小孩 |
[02:18] | Uh, no. | 不 |
[02:19] | We were dumb kids, | 我们才是蠢小孩 |
[02:20] | and you were the genius. | 而你是小天才 |
[02:22] | That must eat away at you. | 那肯定让你寝食难安吧 |
[02:24] | Please. | 拜托 |
[02:25] | I’m top of my class at a prestigious university, | 我是名牌大学的尖子生 |
[02:27] | and I co-invented a technology | 我和别人共同发明了一种 |
[02:29] | that has applications to astrophysics and medicine. | 应用于天体物理学和医学的技术 |
[02:32] | And give me that damn puzzle! | 把那该死的积木拼图给我 |
[02:35] | Oh, my God, it’s Lulu! | 我的天 是露露 |
[02:37] | She was my favorite toy. | 她曾是我最喜欢的玩具 |
[02:46] | I guess I-I just really miss Nana. | 我猜我只是很想念外婆 |
[02:48] | Also I’m pregnant. | 我还怀孕了 |
[02:50] | Dylan and I haven’t told anyone | 迪兰和我还没告诉任何人 |
[02:51] | because I’m still trying to get my head around it, | 因为我还在努力接受这个事实 |
[02:53] | but holding Lulu made it so real. | 可抱着露露让一切变得那么真实 |
[02:58] | I’m gonna have an actual baby. | 我就要有一个活生生的宝宝了 |
[03:02] | Aah, I’m so stressed! | 我压力好大 |
[03:03] | I wish it was the ’50s | 我真希望现在还是五十年代 |
[03:04] | when it was still healthy to drink and smoke | 那时人们还认为怀孕时喝酒抽烟 |
[03:05] | when you’re pregnant. | 不会不健康 |
[03:10] | I cannot wait to restore this baby. | 我等不及翻新这台宝贝了 |
[03:12] | My high school bully had one. | 高中时欺负我的恶霸就有一台 |
[03:14] | You’d be surprised how fast this thing can go. | 你肯定想不到这车能跑多快 |
[03:16] | No problem catching up with a kid on a bike | 能轻松追上骑着单车 |
[03:19] | who left school 10 minutes early. | 提前十分钟离校逃跑的孩子 |
[03:21] | I don’t know if I want another | 我不确定我希望车库里 |
[03:22] | half-finished project rusting away in the garage. | 又多一件慢慢生锈的半成品 |
[03:24] | The only reason I stopped working on robot lawnmower | 我放弃机器割草机的唯一原因 |
[03:26] | was ’cause he started getting too smart. | 是因为它开始变得太聪明了 |
[03:29] | Come on, honey. Let’s keep it. | 别这样 亲爱的 我们留着吧 |
[03:31] | It reminds me of how crazy my mom could be. | 它让我想起我妈能有多疯狂 |
[03:34] | I mean, what mother has a car like this? | 什么样的老妈会有这样的车 |
[03:36] | How’s this? We take it for one drive. | 这样如何 我们开出去兜一圈 |
[03:39] | If you’re not smiling by the time we come back, | 假如回来时你脸上没有笑容 |
[03:40] | we get rid of it. | 我们就不要了 |
[03:43] | – One drive? – One drive. | -只兜一圈 -只兜一圈 |
[03:44] | – One drive. – One drive. | -只兜一圈 -只兜一圈 |
[03:45] | Ugh, she used to double-buckle me and Mitchell | 她过去总把我和米奇尔 |
[03:47] | into the front seat. | 一起绑在副驾 |
[03:49] | Between that and the homemade electric blankets, | 再加上她自制的电热毯 |
[03:51] | it’s a wonder we’re still alive. | 我俩还活着简直是奇迹 |
[03:55] | What’s with the plumber? | 怎么请了水管工 |
[03:56] | Did Joe flush his Aquaman down the toilet again? | 乔又把海王玩具冲下马桶了吗 |
[03:58] | No. When my cousins left, | 不 我那些亲戚离开时 |
[04:00] | they said that the hot water in the guest bedroom was not working. | 告诉我客房没有热水 |
[04:03] | The plumber just said that there’s nothing wrong. | 水管工刚才说一切正常 |
[04:05] | Someone turned it off. | 是有人把热水关了 |
[04:08] | Probably Joe. | 八成是乔 |
[04:09] | So, what are we thinking? | 我们要怎么罚他 |
[04:10] | No play dates for a week? | 一周不准约小朋友来家玩 |
[04:11] | I know it was you. | 我知道是你关的 |
[04:13] | You wanted them gone, and you froze them out. | 你想让他们走 就把他们冻走了 |
[04:15] | I’m admitting nothing, | 我不承认有做过 |
[04:17] | but you said one cousin would be here for one day, | 但你说你的一个亲戚会来这里住一天 |
[04:20] | and there were three here for a week. | 结果三个人在这里住了一周 |
[04:21] | I never said that. | 我才没说过 |
[04:24] | Why is Jerry still here? | 为什么杰瑞还在这 |
[04:26] | I know. Something must be wrong. | 是啊 肯定出什么事了 |
[04:28] | He’s sitting in the car like a sad little man. | 他像个受伤的小老头一样坐在车里 |
[04:31] | We have to go and invite him in. | 我们得让他进来坐坐 |
[04:33] | No, no, no, no. He’ll move off eventually. | 别 别 别 他总会走的 |
[04:35] | Glor– Street sweeping is Thursday. | 歌洛… 周四的街道清扫会扫走他的 |
[04:39] | Jerry, is everything okay? | 杰瑞 你还好吗 |
[04:41] | Yeah, does your truck need a push? | 你的车需要人帮忙推一把吗 |
[04:43] | It’s the darnedest thing. | 这就是最该死的地方 |
[04:44] | I can’t seem to drive away. | 我好像开不走了 |
[04:46] | Dropping off Dede’s stuff was the last check on the ol’ list. | 放下迪迪的东西是要做的最后一件事 |
[04:49] | Heck if I’m now feeling pretty lost. | 我现在很迷茫[迷路] |
[04:51] | Yeah, I get it. Listen, you just drive down this street, | 我懂 你沿这条街往前开 |
[04:53] | turn right, and you’ll hit the freeway. | 右转 就到高速路了 |
[04:55] | Jerry, just come inside. | 杰瑞 进来坐坐吧 |
[04:57] | No, I couldn’t. | 不了 我不用了 |
[04:58] | Yeah, got to love a man with pride. | 对 要爱戴有尊严的男人 |
[04:59] | That’s the thing that’ll serve you well on the freeway. | 那颗自豪的心送你快乐上高速 |
[05:02] | Just come inside, I’ll make you something to eat, | 进来吧 我给你做点吃的 |
[05:04] | and you can stay as long as you want. | 你想待多久就待多久 |
[05:06] | Right, Jay? | 是吧 杰 |
[05:06] | One of these days, Gloria. | 总有一天 歌洛莉亚 |
[05:08] | One of these days what? | 总有一天干嘛 |
[05:09] | Nothing. Just one of these days. | 没什么 我就随口一说 |
[05:13] | All right. Where should we put Mom? | 好了 我们把妈妈放在哪里好呢 |
[05:15] | Uh, not too close to the window. | 不能离窗户太近 |
[05:16] | Don’t want to spend the next 20 years whispering. | 不想以后二十年为了不让她听到小声说话 |
[05:18] | Okay, so, your mom can be a tree, | 好 这么说 你妈可以是棵树 |
[05:20] | but when I told you my Uncle Honus | 但是我跟你说我的叔叔霍纳斯 |
[05:22] | fell into a thresher and the next spring, | 跌进打谷机 结果来年春天 |
[05:24] | an owl appered with his exact face | 一只长得和他一模一样猫头鹰带着他的 |
[05:26] | and pocket watch, you poo-pooed it. | 怀表出现的时候 你嗤之以鼻 |
[05:27] | Why are you being so difficult? | 你为什么非要为难我 |
[05:29] | Because when we first got together, | 因为我们最初在一起的时候 |
[05:31] | you promised that someday we would move back | 你答应我有一天我们会搬回 |
[05:33] | to my family farm, and every year, | 我们家的农场 但是每一年 |
[05:35] | the someday gets kicked further down the road | 这所谓的终有一天都被抛在脑后 |
[05:37] | like a nosy census taker. | 像爱管闲事的人口普查员被嫌弃一样 |
[05:38] | And — And once you plant your mom here, | 而且 一旦你把你妈种在这里 |
[05:41] | we’re never gonna leave. | 我们就永远别想走了 |
[05:42] | That’s crazy. | 这么说有点过 |
[05:43] | And I-I-I don’t think you want to talk | 而且我 我觉得你应该不想 |
[05:45] | about promises we made back then. | 跟我扯到我们以前做过的承诺吧 |
[05:46] | What are you suggesting? | 你什么意思 |
[05:47] | – I’ve kept every promise I’ve made. – Really? | -我说到的都做到了 -真的吗 |
[05:50] | You promised me a rose a month for the rest of my life, | 你答应过在我余生的每个月送我一枝玫瑰 |
[05:53] | so I guess I dropped dead 15 years ago. | 所以我估计这么算我已经死了十五年了 |
[05:55] | I read an article that said it was environmentally ins– | 我读了一篇文章说这样对环境… |
[05:57] | I’ve never seen you read an article. | 我就没见你看过书 |
[05:59] | Also, you said you’d finally watch “E.T.”, | 还有 你说你一定会看《E.T》 |
[06:02] | my all-time favorite movie. | 我有史以来的最爱电影 |
[06:03] | Oh, it just seems so stupid. | 那个电影太蠢了 |
[06:05] | What am I caring about? | 有什么好看的 |
[06:06] | A wrinkly puppet with a Christmas light | 一个皱巴巴的木偶 |
[06:08] | at the end of his creepy finger? | 吓人的指尖还长着圣诞彩灯 |
[06:09] | And really? Me saying I would watch | 真要这么比吗 我说我会看 |
[06:11] | some pandering sap-fest is the same | 什么感人热泪电影和你答应我有一天 |
[06:13] | as you saying I would someday be reunited with my family? | 我能和家人重聚能一样吗 |
[06:16] | A promise is a promise. | 承诺就是承诺 |
[06:18] | I couldn’t agree more. | 太同意了 |
[06:20] | I couldn’t agree more. | 简直不能更同意 |
[06:24] | So, anyway, you haven’t missed much around here. | 所以 你基本没错过多少好戏 |
[06:33] | I’m sorry to be such a burden. | 抱歉给你们添麻烦 |
[06:35] | It’s just I don’t know how to move on. | 我不知道怎么从这件事走出来 |
[06:37] | I’ve been going through incense like crazy. | 我一直在拼命烧香 |
[06:40] | Oh, poor man. | 可怜人 |
[06:41] | Here. Eat something. | 来 吃点东西 |
[06:42] | I know you’re a vegetarian, so I made you tomato soup. | 我知道你吃素 所以我做了番茄汤 |
[06:46] | That looks pretty good. You have any left over for me? | 看起来很好吃 有没有给我剩一点 |
[06:48] | Aw, I threw it out. | 我扔了 |
[06:49] | I know that you don’t like things staying around too long. | 我知道你不喜欢任何东西待太久 |
[06:54] | She’s mad at me. | 她在生我的气 |
[06:56] | Her family overstayed their welcome, | 她的亲戚待得太久了 我不欢迎他们 |
[06:58] | and I turned off the hot water, | 就把热水停了 |
[06:59] | took a few bulbs out of the room. | 还把房间里的灯泡卸了几个 |
[07:01] | You know how it is when you’re married. | 你懂的 婚后生活 |
[07:02] | Dede and I never had a cross word. | 迪迪和我从没拌过嘴 |
[07:04] | What? | 真的假的 |
[07:05] | That is not possible. | 那不可能 |
[07:07] | Yep. If things ever got heated, | 是真的 如果气氛开始紧张 |
[07:08] | I’d come up behind her, | 我就走到她身后 |
[07:10] | put my hands on her neck… | 把我的手缠绕到她脖子上 |
[07:11] | I’m with you so far. | 这想法我也有过 |
[07:12] | …then massage her and tell her she was right. | 然后给她按摩 跟她说她是对的 |
[07:15] | But what if she wasn’t right? | 但是如果是她的错呢 |
[07:17] | That’s ego talking. | 那只是自尊心作祟 |
[07:19] | In Buddhism, we believe it’s better to conquer yourself | 在佛教里 我们相信战胜自己 |
[07:22] | than win a thousand battles. | 要比赢一千场战役好得多 |
[07:23] | That’s why Nepal is always crushing it at the Olympics. | 怪不得尼泊尔每次奥运都”大获全胜” |
[07:26] | Jay, an enlightened man would go over there | 杰 明智的男人会走过去 |
[07:27] | and say, “Gloria, I love and respect you, | 说”歌洛莉亚 我爱你并且尊重你” |
[07:30] | so of course I love and respect your family. | 所以毋庸置疑我也爱你的家人且尊重他们 |
[07:32] | I am sorry.” | 对不起” |
[07:34] | But it was all her fault. | 但是都是她的错 |
[07:35] | She wouldn’t admit it, but she told me | 她不愿意承认 但是她跟我说的就是 |
[07:37] | one person was staying with us for one day. | 一个亲戚来这待一天 |
[07:40] | That’s her text, but what was her subtext? | 这是她的原话[短信] 但是她言下之意是什么 |
[07:44] | Jerry, you’re a genius. | 杰瑞 你真是个天才 |
[07:46] | She sent me a text. | 她给我发过短信 |
[07:48] | I have the proof. | 我有证据 |
[07:49] | Gloria? | 歌洛莉亚 |
[07:50] | – What? – Right here. | -干嘛 -看这里 |
[07:53] | You don’t have to walk over here. | 你不用走过来 |
[07:54] | I can read your giant font from across the room. | 你字体那么大我从房间那头都能看见 |
[07:57] | “Jay, don’t call the police when you come home. | “杰 回家之后不要报警 |
[07:59] | It’s my cousin. | 家里的是我亲戚 |
[08:00] | He’s staying with us for one day.” | 他要跟我们住一天” |
[08:03] | Let me see. | 我看看 |
[08:13] | Walk me through that Buddhist nonsense again. | 再跟我捋一遍那个佛教的胡说八道 |
[08:18] | Fun, huh? Feel that wind and smell that air. | 有意思吧 享受着耳边风吹和清新空气 |
[08:20] | Yeah, it’s so bumpy. | 是啊 这车太颠簸了 |
[08:22] | Sports suspension. Nothing between me and the road | 那是运动化悬挂系统 我和路之间毫无阻碍 |
[08:24] | except my knuckle-less gloves. | 除了我的露关节手套 |
[08:26] | Why do you even have those? | 你为什么会有这玩意 |
[08:28] | Oh, a quirk of the Dunphys. | 这是邓菲家族的怪癖 |
[08:29] | My fingers get cold, but my knuckles get hot. | 我的手指怕冷 但我的指关节怕热 |
[08:31] | Check it out! | 快看啊 |
[08:33] | There’s an 8-track player. I love it. | 有能放八首歌的音响 我超喜欢的 |
[08:34] | Let’s crank something. | 我们来听歌吧 |
[08:36] | Never heard of this band — Head Cleaner. | 没听说过这支乐队 “磁头清洁带” |
[08:39] | Yeah, why don’t we just listen to whatever’s in there? | 里面有什么我们就听什么吧 |
[08:42] | Oh, my God. | 老天啊 |
[08:44] | – Oh, this takes me back. – Yeah, I love it. | -这首歌让我回到了从前 -是啊 我好爱 |
[08:47] | ♪ Get your motor goin’ ♪ | ♪ 发动汽车 ♪ |
[08:50] | ♪ Heading for the doorway ♪ | ♪ 朝门口驰骋而去 ♪ |
[08:54] | ♪ Cooking an adventure ♪ | ♪ 烹煮一场冒险 ♪ |
[08:57] | ♪ And then we make that doorway ♪ | ♪ 然后朝门口驰骋而去 ♪ |
[08:59] | So fun! | 好好玩 |
[09:01] | You’re smiling. You love the car. | 你笑了 你喜欢这辆车 |
[09:03] | Ah, I just remembered something. | 我刚想起件事 |
[09:05] | What? Tell me. | 什么事 告诉我 |
[09:05] | It’s a — It’s a thing from high school. | 是我高中时的事 |
[09:07] | Come on. There are no secrets on the open road. | 快说嘛 大路上没有秘密 |
[09:09] | I just remembered that I lost my virginity in this car. | 我刚想起我在这辆车上破的处 |
[09:13] | What’s that now? | 你说什么来着 |
[09:14] | Yeah, my boyfriend snuck the car out at night | 我男朋友晚上偷偷把车开出来 |
[09:17] | and then, you know… | 然后 你懂的 |
[09:18] | ♪ He found the doorway ♪ | ♪ 他找到了”门口” ♪ |
[09:22] | Oh, my knuckles are overheating. | 我的指关节热到不行了 |
[09:24] | This isn’t bothering you, is it, Phil? | 你很在意这件事 是吗 菲尔 |
[09:25] | I mean, you told me about your first time. | 你也告诉过我你的第一次啊 |
[09:26] | I told you about that to explain why I hate bees so much. | 我是为了解释我为何讨厌蜜蜂才说的 |
[09:29] | Let’s just not talk about this anymore. | 我们别再讨论这事了 |
[09:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:31] | ♪ Born to be wild ♪ | ♪ 天生狂野 ♪ |
[09:35] | This is the song that was playing, isn’t it? | 当时播的就是这首歌 对吧 |
[09:37] | It’s one of them. | 是其中一首 |
[09:41] | I’m gonna fix lunch. Want some? | 我去做午饭 你们要吃吗 |
[09:43] | You’re eating lunch? | 你居然要吃午饭 |
[09:44] | Is there some new Internet challenge I’m not aware of? | 是不是有什么我不知道的新网络挑战 |
[09:46] | And why is your doll in bandages? | 还有 你的娃娃为什么绑了绷带 |
[09:48] | You know me. I always loved playing doctor. | 你知道我的 我小时候就很爱玩医生游戏 |
[09:51] | The truth is, I accidentally ran her over | 其实我不小心开车碾过她 |
[09:53] | and ripped her arm off, which might have been fine | 把她胳膊扯断了 本来也没什么 |
[09:55] | if that was the only baby-mangling issue I had today. | 但可惜那并不是我今日唯一一次要害死婴儿 |
[10:02] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[10:05] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:08] | I’m not cut out to be a mother. | 我不是当妈的料 |
[10:09] | Then again, a real baby is easier than a doll, right? | 但话说回头 真正的婴儿比娃娃好照顾 对吧 |
[10:13] | Like, a real baby would let you know | 真正的婴儿着火了 |
[10:16] | if it was on fire. | 会让大人知道 |
[10:19] | Oh, God, why are you crying? | 老天 你为什么在哭 |
[10:22] | Did you just win the weirdest beauty pageant ever? | 你是不是刚赢下最古怪的选美比赛 |
[10:24] | Promises kept, Mitchell — 180 months of roses, | 我遵守承诺了 米奇尔 180个月的玫瑰 |
[10:27] | and I just watched the most beautiful love story | 以及我刚看了男孩和外星人之间的 |
[10:30] | between boy and alien. | 最美好的爱情故事 |
[10:32] | Why can’t the world have the hearts of children? | 世人为何就不能拥有孩童般的心呢 |
[10:37] | You know, I think the thing that touched me the most | 我想最令我感动的部分是 |
[10:39] | was how we were really rooting for E.T. to find | 我们全力支持ET找到 |
[10:43] | his way home. | 回家的路 |
[10:44] | I bet you were pretty thrilled | 你不小心发现”回家”这个巧合 |
[10:45] | to stumble upon that coincidence. | 一定很激动吧 |
[10:47] | I didn’t hate it. | 我是不讨厌啦 |
[10:47] | Anyway, I’m all caught up in the promises department. | 总之 我的承诺都兑现了 |
[10:51] | Your serve. | 轮到你了 |
[10:51] | Cam, I just started at the D.A.’s office. | 小卡 我刚开始到地检署上班 |
[10:53] | I — I can’t move anytime soon. | 短期内不能搬家 |
[10:55] | Plus, what about Lily’s school? | 再说 莉莉上学怎么办 |
[10:57] | They have schools in Grasshopper. | 我老家也有学校啊 |
[10:59] | Do they? | 真的有吗 |
[11:00] | – Plus, Lily has so many friends here. – Does she? | -再说 莉莉在这里有很多朋友 -真的有吗 |
[11:03] | Did I hear my name? | 你们在讲我吗 |
[11:04] | What are you two yentas gabbing about? | 你们俩八婆在瞎聊什么呢 |
[11:07] | We were just talking about | 我们刚在讨论 |
[11:08] | moving to Grandma and Grandpa’s farm | 搬去爷爷奶奶的农场 |
[11:09] | in — in the heart of Tornado Alley. | 就在龙卷风多发地区的中心 |
[11:12] | Oh, God. Cam — Cam. Look, she’s clearly terrified. | 天啊 小卡 你看 她都吓坏了 |
[11:15] | Yeah, well, don’t worry, sweetie, | 好吧 别担心 亲爱的 |
[11:16] | because it’s already been determined. | 因为这事已经定下了 |
[11:17] | We’re staying here forever, | 我们这辈子都留在这里 |
[11:19] | because other daddy is planting dead Nana in the backyard. | 因为另一个爸爸要把去世的奶奶种到后院里 |
[11:23] | I’m out. | 我不玩了 |
[11:24] | Okay, it was my mother’s last wish | 让其中一个孩子接收她的骨灰 |
[11:26] | that one of us take her, and Claire doesn’t want her. | 是我妈妈的遗愿 而克莱尔不想要她 |
[11:28] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[11:29] | Well, what do you want me to do? | 那你想让我怎么做 |
[11:30] | The farm has been in my family for 100 years. | 那个农场已经在我家族手中百年了 |
[11:32] | You know, I’m next in line, and you know Daddy. | 下一个继承人是我 你也知道我爸的 |
[11:34] | H-He’s slowing down. | 他身体大不如前了 |
[11:35] | Your mother just sent us a video of him | 你妈刚给我们发了他赢得 |
[11:37] | winning a log-rolling contest. | 水上踩滚木比赛的视频 |
[11:39] | Only in his age group, and he was so spent the next day, | 他参加的是老年组 而且第二天他累坏了 |
[11:42] | he slept through his first rooster crow | 公鸡第一次打鸣他都没醒来 |
[11:43] | and his snooze rooster crow. | 叫赖床的打鸣他也没醒 |
[11:45] | Just admit it — you have no intention | 你就承认吧 你根本没打算 |
[11:47] | of keeping your promise of moving to Missouri. | 遵守承诺 搬去密苏里州 |
[11:49] | You know what? You’re right. | 其实 你说得对 |
[11:50] | I — I can’t ever imagine myself living on that farm. I’m sorry. | 我永远无法想象自己住在那个农场里 抱歉 |
[11:53] | Well, there it is. | 你说出来了 |
[11:56] | I’m just glad E.T. didn’t land at your house. | 我真庆幸ET不是降落在你家里 |
[12:01] | Okay, don’t give me that look. | 别用那种眼神看我 |
[12:03] | You’ll get to go back to Missouri | 你以后会回密苏里州的 |
[12:04] | when your mom gets released from pris– uh, princess camp. | 等你妈从监… 公主营回来 |
[12:07] | You’re really hitting the gum pretty hard, aren’t you? | 你口香糖嚼得很凶嘛 是不是 |
[12:10] | How do I do this? Do I — Do I just push down? | 我该怎么做 就这么压下去吗 |
[12:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道啊 |
[12:14] | Nope. | 不行 |
[12:16] | I got off to a slow start, | 我一开始不太顺利 |
[12:17] | but eventually I — I found my rhythm. | 但最终我找到了自己的节奏 |
[12:19] | And — And once I broke that sprinkler line, | 而且 在我弄断洒水器的管子后 |
[12:21] | the — the water did most of the digging for me. | 漏出来的水基本帮我把坑挖好了 |
[12:23] | All right, let’s go. Just one last pull. | 来吧 再拉一下就行了 |
[12:27] | Ah! Ah, okay, that’s my ankle. | 压到脚踝了 |
[12:29] | I’m stuck. | 我卡住了 |
[12:30] | Cal, so, what I’m gonna need you to do is go insi– | 卡尔 我要你进去… |
[12:33] | Cal. Cal! | 卡尔 卡尔 |
[12:39] | What? What is it, boy? | 什么 你说什么 孩子 |
[12:41] | Mitchell? | 米奇尔 |
[12:42] | H-He’s in trouble? | 他遇到麻烦了 |
[12:43] | Trapped in a hole? Show me. | 困在洞里了 快带我去 |
[12:48] | – Oh, my God, you’re cheating. – No. | -天啊 你在作弊 -我没有 |
[12:51] | You’re looking at ways to solve the puzzle. | 你明显在看拼图攻略啊 |
[12:52] | How’d you do it, you pea-brain? | 那不然你怎么拼得出 你这蠢货 |
[12:57] | What is wrong with me? | 我怎么回事 |
[12:58] | Maybe Dr. Johnson is right. | 也许约翰逊博士说得对 |
[13:00] | Maybe I don’t have what it takes to live on Mars. | 我真的没有住到火星上的心理素质 |
[13:04] | Stop! Stop. | 住手 住手 |
[13:05] | It’s not you. | 不是你的错 |
[13:07] | After I solved the puzzle, | 我拼完拼图后 |
[13:08] | I wanted to make sure you couldn’t, | 我想让你拼不起来 |
[13:10] | so I broke a few pieces, | 所以我拆了几片 |
[13:11] | glued some others together. | 跟其它的粘在一起 |
[13:12] | It can’t be solved. | 你不可能拼起来的 |
[13:15] | I’ve had nightmares over that puzzle! | 我都因为这破拼图做噩梦了 |
[13:17] | I cried about it in therapy! | 心理治疗时还因为这个哭了 |
[13:18] | Stop! Not the hair! You’re gonna fizz it. | 不 别碰头发 发型都搞乱了 |
[13:20] | Hey, what the hell? Break it up. | 怎么回事 松手啊 |
[13:22] | Luke’s not playing fair. | 卢克玩黑的 |
[13:23] | Yeah, well, you make him feel dumb, | 是啊 你让他觉得自己很笨 |
[13:25] | and he acts like it doesn’t bother him, | 他还表现出毫不在意的样子 |
[13:26] | but it does. And, Luke, | 但他真的在意 还有卢克 |
[13:28] | you know better than to mess with someone so uptight. | 这么耍一个焦虑的人可不像你啊 |
[13:31] | What do we always say? | 我们怎么说的来着 |
[13:32] | Don’t break Alex. She’s our safety net. | 不许玩坏艾丽克斯 她是我们的人生保障 |
[13:34] | Now, you both need to calm down. | 现在 你俩都冷静点 |
[13:36] | Luke, walk it off. | 卢克 走开冷静一下 |
[13:39] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[13:40] | Where’s Lulu? | 露露在哪儿 |
[13:41] | Wh– | 什 |
[13:43] | The doll? | 娃娃吗 |
[13:44] | Who cares? | 谁在乎啊 |
[13:50] | Haley, what’s going on with you today? | 海莉 你今天怎么回事 |
[13:52] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[13:53] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[13:55] | So, no one else knows, especially Mom and Dad, | 别人都不知道 特别是老爸老妈 |
[13:58] | so you can’t tell anybody, but… | 你不能告诉任何人 |
[14:02] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[14:04] | You’re pregnant? | 你怀孕了 |
[14:05] | Damn it, Luke! | 靠 卢克 |
[14:10] | Guys, don’t look at me like that, okay? | 拜托 你们别这样看我好吗 |
[14:12] | You must think I’m some irresponsible idiot, don’t you? | 你们肯定觉得我是不负责任的蠢货吧 |
[14:16] | Um, uh, it’s a — Wow, that’s — | 这个 有点 |
[14:19] | You got — That’s a lot to process. | 你怀 信息量好大 |
[14:21] | I… | 我 |
[14:23] | D-Do you know who’s the — | 你知道孩子爸爸是… |
[14:25] | It’s Dylan’s. | 是迪兰 |
[14:26] | Oh. What a joyous — | 这样很好啊 |
[14:28] | Oh, save it. | 省省吧 |
[14:29] | He’s been great, actually. | 他其实表现得很好 |
[14:31] | I’m the disaster. I mean, look at Lulu. | 我才一团糟 你看露露 |
[14:34] | I’m gonna be a horrible mother. | 我一定会是个糟糕的母亲 |
[14:36] | Okay, first, it’s just a doll. | 首先 这只是个娃娃 |
[14:41] | And you’ve been taking care of us our whole lives. | 而且我们从小其实就一直受你照顾啊 |
[14:44] | Yeah. Remember how you used to pick out | 对啊 记不记得以前你总帮我挑 |
[14:47] | my first day of school outfit so I wouldn’t get beat up? | 我的开学日服装 免得我挨揍 |
[14:49] | Or how you’d hold the book | 还有我给自己读睡前故事时 |
[14:51] | while I read myself a bedtime story? | 你总是帮我撑着书 |
[14:53] | And you’re still doing it. | 你现在还是啊 |
[14:55] | You just swooped in and handled our fight like a pro. | 还有你刚刚跑过来 轻而易举阻止了我们打架 |
[14:58] | And you’re understanding and loving and a total badass. | 你这么善解人意 又有爱心 还霸气四射 |
[15:02] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[15:03] | You’re the kind of person that can patch things up | 你总是能够平息矛盾 |
[15:05] | if, say, Alex ever found out | 比如 如果艾丽克斯发现 |
[15:08] | that I re-arranged the stickers on her Rubik’s Cube. | 我修改了她的魔方上的贴纸 |
[15:11] | You son of a — | 你这个混… |
[15:13] | Aah! Hair, hair! Haley, help! | 头发 头发 海莉救我 |
[15:17] | Oh. Well, I’m smiling, | 好吧 我都乐开花了 |
[15:19] | so I guess we’re keeping the car. | 我想这辆车可以留下来了 |
[15:21] | No, you know what? You’re right. | 不 你知道吗 你说得对 |
[15:22] | It’s not safe, and it’s just gonna take up space. | 这车不安全 只会占地儿 |
[15:25] | Honey, did I say something wrong? | 亲爱的 我说错什么 |
[15:27] | Are you feeling bad? | 让你不舒服了吗 |
[15:28] | Well, I-I guess if I’m being honest, | 我想说实话 |
[15:30] | I’m a-a little worried that every time I get in the car, | 我有点担心我一坐进这车里头 |
[15:32] | I’ll picture you and, uh… | 我就会想象你和… |
[15:35] | Todd. | 陶德 |
[15:36] | – Todd? – Todd. | -陶德 -陶德 |
[15:37] | Todd was the name of my bully. | 以前霸凌我的人也叫陶德 |
[15:39] | It’s getting realer. | 感觉更真实了 |
[15:40] | I mean, how would you feel | 要是换作是你 |
[15:41] | about driving around in the sweet ride | 开一辆我在里面失去第一次的豪车 |
[15:43] | I lost my virginity in? | 会是什么感觉 |
[15:44] | Do you really think you can track down | 你觉得你真能找到那辆 |
[15:46] | the ox cart from the Renaissance fair? | 文艺复兴主题市集上的牛车吗 |
[15:48] | I only got to second base in the ox cart. | 我在牛车上只进行到二垒 |
[15:51] | If it makes you uncomfortable, we can sell the car. | 如果你觉得不舒服 我们就把车卖掉 |
[15:53] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[15:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:56] | But for what it’s worth, | 但无论如何 |
[15:58] | I don’t want to keep it | 我不想留这辆车 |
[15:59] | because I had so much great sex in it. | 不是因为我在这里车震爽翻过好多次 |
[16:01] | – So much? – No, it’s because of what happened the next day. | -好多次 -不 是因为第二天发生的事 |
[16:05] | My mom, | 我老妈 |
[16:06] | ugh, she found the condom wrapper under the seat, | 她在车座底下发现了避孕套包装袋 |
[16:09] | and it must have freaked her out. | 她一定很震惊 |
[16:12] | But instead of shaming me | 但是她没有羞辱我 |
[16:16] | or — or embarrassing me with some long, awful lecture, | 或者给我好好上一课 让我丢脸 |
[16:21] | she was cool. | 她非常酷 |
[16:24] | She wanted to make sure that I was okay with everything | 她只想确认我一切都好 |
[16:26] | and that it had all been a good experience. | 还有那经历也是美好的 |
[16:28] | But… | 但是 |
[16:33] | That must be why she wanted me to have the car. | 这一定是她想让我留着这辆车的原因 |
[16:36] | That talk meant as much to my mom as it did to me. | 那段对话对她和我都很有意义 |
[16:39] | That’s incredibly sweet, | 她好贴心啊 |
[16:42] | and, if it means that much to you, you should keep it. | 如果这车真的对你那么重要 你应该留下来 |
[16:45] | But I doubt I’ll ever feel comfortable in it. | 但我不知道自己会不会舒服 |
[16:48] | We can fix that. | 这个好办 |
[16:53] | I like where this is going. | 看样子好像不错哦 |
[16:55] | I’m gonna make you the best sex I ever had in this car. | 我要给你我在这里体验过的最棒的车震 |
[16:58] | That’s a lot of pressure. Let’s aim for top three. | 这样压力太大了 目标前三就好 |
[17:05] | Gloria. I have something to say. | 歌洛莉亚 我有话要说 |
[17:09] | My approach cost me a phone and a second visit from the plumber, | 我的办法浪费了我一部手机 水管工也来了两次 |
[17:12] | so I decided to try Jerry’s advice | 所以我决定尝试杰瑞的建议 |
[17:15] | and give Gloria a heartfelt, sincere apology. | 向歌洛莉亚由衷真诚地道歉 |
[17:18] | How hard could that be to fake? | 假装谁不会啊 |
[17:20] | I was wrong to chase off your cousins. | 我不该赶走你的亲戚 |
[17:24] | I’m sorry that I didn’t… | 对不起 我没有… |
[17:26] | take your feelings into consideration. | 也考虑到你的心情 |
[17:30] | You deserve to be respected. | 你应该受到尊重 |
[17:33] | What I should’ve said was I love you, | 我当时应该说的是我爱你 |
[17:35] | so I love your family. | 所以我也爱你的家庭 |
[17:37] | Please forgive me for my rude behavior. | 请原谅我的无礼之举 |
[17:40] | Jay, this is all I ever wanted. | 杰 我一直就只想要这个而已 |
[17:44] | For you to come to me like this, | 由你主动来对我这样 |
[17:45] | it means the world to me. | 对我真的意义非凡 |
[17:47] | I’m sorry. | 我也很对不起 |
[17:48] | I should’ve been more forward about my cousin’s visit. | 我当时也应该更坦白我亲戚要来的事情 |
[17:51] | And I was wrong for crushing your cellphone. | 也很对不起砸了你的手机 |
[17:55] | Can you ever forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
[17:57] | Well, it may take a little while, but sure, | 或许需要点时间 但这还用说吗 |
[17:59] | I guess I can. | 我当然会原谅你 |
[18:00] | You know what I’m going to do? | 你知道我接下来要怎么做吗 |
[18:01] | I’m gonna go to that butcher shop that you like. | 我要去你喜欢的那家肉店 |
[18:06] | And, if Jerry doesn’t mind, | 然后如果杰瑞不介意的话 |
[18:08] | I’m gonna buy you a beautiful steak for dinner. | 我也要给你买一块上好牛排当晚饭 |
[18:11] | Hey, it’s your house. You do what’s best for you. | 你的家 你怎么方便怎么来 |
[18:13] | Come to my house, I’m going to be nude. | 如果来我家 我能穿多少穿多”少” |
[18:15] | We’re never going to go to your house, Jerry. | 我们永远都不会去你家 杰瑞 |
[18:17] | Did you hear that, Stella? | 你听到了吗 斯黛拉 |
[18:19] | We’re gonna have a steak. | 我们有牛排吃啦 |
[18:20] | Jerry, you’re a genius. | 杰瑞 你真是个天才 |
[18:21] | – This is life-changing. – What did I tell you? | -简直改变人生啊 -我怎么跟你说的 |
[18:23] | I wish I had tried this years ago. | 真希望我当年就开始这么做 |
[18:25] | This would’ve made my life with Dede downright tolerable. | 这样我当年跟迪迪的生活就能勉强熬过去了 |
[18:28] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[18:29] | Maybe we even could’ve been happy. | 说不定我们还能有快乐人生 |
[18:30] | I’m glad you think so. | 很庆幸你能这么想 |
[18:31] | But I’m not the one you need to tell. | 但这话跟我说不合适吧 |
[18:34] | Hey, Dede, it’s me, Jay. Just wondering how you’re doing. | 迪迪 是我 杰 就想跟你问声好 |
[18:38] | Dad? | 爸 |
[18:38] | Uh, it’s Saturday here. | 我们这里是周六 |
[18:40] | You’re not leaving a voicemail. | 你又不是在语音留言 |
[18:43] | From the heart. | 用心交流 |
[18:44] | What I wanted to say is | 我想跟你说的是 |
[18:46] | I could’ve handled a lot of things better in our relationship. | 在我们的感情中 我有很多事可以做得更好 |
[18:50] | I guess I wasn’t a very good partner. | 我想我当年不是什么好伴侣 |
[18:52] | I dug in a lot. | 常常惹你 |
[18:53] | I never thought of things from your point of view. | 也从没站在你的角度想事情 |
[18:56] | I guess I always needed to get my own way. | 可能我总是只想到满足自己 |
[19:00] | Anyway, you were a good woman, | 总之 你是个好女人 |
[19:01] | and we had some fun times, | 我们也有过一些欢乐时光 |
[19:03] | especially in the sack. | 尤其是床上 |
[19:04] | Never had a problem there. | “床事”从未有过问题 |
[19:06] | Careful. That’s my wife you’re talking to. | 谨言慎行 你是在跟我的老婆说话 |
[19:08] | – Oh, sorry, Jerr, yeah. – Okay. | -抱歉 杰瑞 – 好啦 |
[19:10] | I hope you grow up into a nice, big tree, | 我希望你能够成长为一棵健壮大树 |
[19:12] | a-and I hope you don’t get any of those beetles | 也希望你不会染上虫害 |
[19:15] | that are killing everything. | 会弄死植物的那种 |
[19:16] | And when you settle in in a little while, | 等以后你在这落地生根了 |
[19:18] | maybe I’ll bring Joe over and he can climb you. | 或许我会带乔来爬你 |
[19:21] | Mm. Amen. | 阿门 |
[19:23] | You done? | 你说完了吗 |
[19:24] | Yeah, I think so. | 应该吧 |
[19:26] | Mind if I say a word? | 不介意我说两句吧 |
[19:27] | She’s all yours. | 把她交给你了 |
[19:29] | Jay was a big man. | 杰是个大气男人 |
[19:31] | He apologized to his wife. | 他跟他的老婆道歉了 |
[19:33] | And do you know what she did? | 你知道她怎么做了吗 |
[19:35] | She apologized back! | 她也道歉回去了 |
[19:38] | Did you ever do that even once?! | 你有跟我道歉过一次吗 |
[19:40] | I apologized to you a thousand times, | 我跟你道歉过上千次吧 |
[19:41] | and you let me just eat it. | 而你只让我自己憋着火 |
[19:44] | Well, I’m tired of telling you you’re always right, | 我受够跟你说你永远都是对的了 |
[19:46] | ’cause guess what? | 因为你猜怎么着 |
[19:47] | That dolphin did not recognize you. | 那只海豚压根就认不得你 |
[19:49] | Your haikus had too many syllables. | 你的俳句有太多音节了 |
[19:51] | And trust me, vegans do need deodorant! | 还有相信我 素食者也需要用止汗除臭剂 |
[19:54] | All right. Come on. | 好啦 走吧 |
[19:57] | Come on, kid. Let me buy you a nice steak. | 来吧 小家伙 让哥请你吃上好牛排 |
[19:59] | Yeah. | 好 |
[20:00] | Hey. Here. | 来 给 |
[20:01] | I-I want you to eat something. | 我想你吃点东西 |
[20:03] | Be careful. | 小心 |
[20:04] | Thank you for taking such good care of me, | 谢谢你对我这么无微不至 |
[20:06] | even when you’re mad. | 哪怕你心里不高兴 |
[20:07] | No. My gosh, I am not mad. | 没 天啊 我没有不高兴 |
[20:09] | And I shouldn’t have pushed. | 我也不该逼你的 |
[20:11] | I-I’m sorry, but, you know, if we learn one thing today, | 对不起 但如果我们今天学到一件事 |
[20:14] | it’s that you couldn’t survive on a farm. | 那就是你不可能在农村里活下来 |
[20:17] | I’ll be fine, | 我会没事的 |
[20:19] | – because I’ll be with you. – What? | -因为我会有你的陪伴 -什么 |
[20:21] | I guess w-when I look at things from your point of view, | 我想… 当我用你的角度看这事 |
[20:24] | I — I made a promise. | 我的确做出了承诺 |
[20:26] | When your dad needs you to take over the farm, | 如果你爸爸真的需要你接手一切 |
[20:29] | I’m in. | 我愿意加入 |
[20:30] | Mitchell, that means so much to me, | 米奇尔 你这话对我意义重大 |
[20:32] | and you’re gonna love it. | 你也会喜欢那一切的 |
[20:34] | The fresh air, and there’s no traffic. | 清新空气 也没有恼人车潮 |
[20:37] | Oh, and with a second lawyer in town, | 等镇上有你这第二个律师 |
[20:38] | we could reopen the courthouse. | 我们就能重开法院了 |
[20:40] | H-Have you ever milked a goat? | 你给羊挤过奶吗 |
[20:42] | Have you ever had fresh milk right from the spigot? | 你有试过从牛奶罐直接喝刚挤的牛奶吗 |
[20:44] | Oh, unbelievable. | 好喝到不行 |
[20:45] | You do have to be careful of snakes and mice and rats. | 但你也得小心蛇虫鼠蚁 |
[20:47] | There’s a ton of field mice. | 那里有巨多田鼠 |
[20:49] | They scare me. One ran up my sleeve one time when I was a kid. | 我很怕 小时候有一只沿着我的袖子爬上来了 |
[20:54] | This car is smaller than I remember. I think I’m just less flexible? | 这车比我印象中小 可能我没那么灵活了 |
[20:57] | I think I threw out my lap. | 我大腿好像抽筋了 |
[21:00] | We were um… just cleaning out the garage. | 我们刚才… 只是在清理车库 |
[21:02] | Nice try, we heard everything. | 少来 我们全听到了 |
[21:04] | Although around the finish line, | 不过在快”结束”的时候 |
[21:05] | we kind of lose track of who’s who. | 我们有点不确定哪个声音是谁了 |
[21:07] | I can’t believe Mom caught you having sex in the car again. | 真不敢相信妈又抓到你在车上做爱 |
[21:11] | You are calling the tree Mom? | 你叫那棵树妈吗 |
[21:12] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[21:13] | So listen, after some reflextion, | 听我说 在经过一番讨论后 |
[21:15] | we decided that she might be be off here. | 我们觉得她在你这里会比较好 |
[21:17] | Before you say no. | 在你拒绝之前… |
[21:18] | I would actually like that. | 我也想要这样 |
[21:20] | Hey! What was those screeching in the garage? | 车库里的叫声是怎么回事 |
[21:23] | Are the raccoons back? | 浣熊又回来了嘛 |
[21:24] | Damn it! | 靠 |