时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | We’re taking a four-week bicycle trip | 我们要穿越意大利的葡萄园 |
[00:22] | through the vineyards of Italy! | 完成一次为期四周的自行车旅行 |
[00:23] | We figure that this summer, our whole lives | 我们认为今年夏天 海莉 迪兰 |
[00:25] | are gonna be turned upside-down | 还有他们的双胞胎宝宝搬进来以后 |
[00:27] | when Haley, Dylan, and their twins move in with us, | 我们的生活会被搅得天翻地覆 |
[00:30] | so why not splurge on a grandbaby-moon? | 所以干嘛不度个”外孙月”放松一下呢 |
[00:34] | So we’ve been hitting the language tapes, | 因此我们一直在听语言学习带 |
[00:35] | the, uh — the stationary bikes, | 骑固定脚踏车 |
[00:37] | and a couple of times a day, I wolfishly whistle at Claire | 而且我还一天对克莱尔吹好几次流氓哨 |
[00:40] | to prepare her for that timeless Roman charm. | 让她为罗马人的经典热情做好准备 |
[00:43] | I can’t believe after all those nights at Fratelli’s | 我不敢相信我们在弗里特利餐馆 |
[00:46] | talking about going to Italy, | 聊了那么多次要去意大利之后 |
[00:47] | it’s actually happening. | 我们真的要去了 |
[00:49] | Ohh, American lady! | 美国夫人 |
[00:51] | Why do you do this to me? | 为什么你要这么对我 |
[00:53] | Don’t make me practice my slap on you again. Mm. | 别再逼我对你练习扇耳光了 |
[00:56] | What’s that? | 怎么了 |
[00:57] | Oh, I’m on hold. I’m booking us | 我在等电话 我为咱们的周年纪念 |
[00:58] | into a converted castle in Tuscany | 给咱俩预定了托斯卡纳的一座 |
[01:01] | – for our anniversary. – Does it have a moat? | -翻新城堡 -它有护城河吗 |
[01:03] | I’ve been working on all of our receipts for taxes. | 我一直在处理我们所有的税单 |
[01:05] | Looks like we’re getting a refund, | 我们很可能得到一笔退款 |
[01:06] | which means that we can afford to — | 那就意味着我们能够负担得起… |
[01:08] | To pay the dwarf who will lower the drawbridge | 让小矮人放下护城河上的吊桥 |
[01:10] | if we answer his riddles three? | 只要我们能够回答出他的三个谜语 |
[01:12] | I’m gonna nip this in the bud. No moat. | 让我先断了你的念想 没有护城河 |
[01:14] | This trip was such a great idea. | 这趟旅行真是个好主意 |
[01:16] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[01:18] | Things are gonna be so hectic here this summer. | 今年夏天这儿会一直忙忙碌碌的 |
[01:20] | It’s weird to think people will be calling us | 好诡异 一想到有人称呼我们为外公 |
[01:21] | – Grandpa and — – No, please don’t say it. | -和… -别说 千万别说 |
[01:23] | Don’t say that word. It makes me feel so old. | 别说那个词 它让我觉得自己好老 |
[01:25] | But I have thought about what I want them to call me. | 但我想过让他们叫我什么了 |
[01:28] | – Gammy. – Gammy. | -阿嬷 -阿嬷 |
[01:30] | Well, let’s take her for a spin. | 行 我们试试这词怎么样 |
[01:32] | “Hey, everyone, Gammy’s here!” | “大家注意 阿嬷来啦” |
[01:34] | “Sorry, guys, not today, Gammy’s in a mood.” | “抱歉 今天不行 阿嬷心情不好” |
[01:36] | Yeah, it does. It works. Mm. Yeah. | 不错啊 这词行 |
[01:39] | – Hey, roomies. – Hey — “roomies”? | -嗨 室友们 -嗨…”室友” |
[01:41] | What is with all the boxes and the bags? | 拿这些箱子和袋子做什么 |
[01:43] | Well, I know we said we’d move in when the babies come, | 我知道我们说会等宝宝出生再搬进来 |
[01:45] | but then we thought about all the money we’d save. | 但是后来我们想到早搬来早省钱 |
[01:48] | Mucho dinero. | 许许多多钱[西语] |
[01:50] | – Yes. – You look mad. | -好 -你看起来很生气 |
[01:51] | I should’ve told you. I was afraid to tell you. | 我应该先告诉你的 我很害怕跟你说 |
[01:53] | I didn’t think that I could handle the disappointment | 因为如果你不乐意 我怕自己应付不来 |
[01:54] | if you weren’t happy about it. | 随之而来的失望 |
[01:56] | But you’re not unhappy about it, right? | 但你没有不开心吧 对吗 |
[01:58] | – Right?! – Oh, honey. Oh, honey. | -是吧 -亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[01:59] | Oh, my gosh, you’re the best. I love you so much. | 我的天 你最好了 我太爱你了 |
[02:03] | Wow! What a journey. | 好一趟高潮迭起的情绪之旅啊 |
[02:06] | What is my life gonna be like when I’m in the hormonal stage? | 等我荷尔蒙开始作乱了 生活会是什么样啊 |
[02:08] | Oh, wait, there was one more thing, um… | 等一下 还有一件事情 |
[02:10] | Hey, where should I put these boxes? | 我该把这些箱子放在哪儿 |
[02:11] | My mom surprised us. We were hoping | 我妈突然来了 |
[02:13] | she could stay a couple days. | 我们希望她能暂住几天 |
[02:15] | Hello, hello! | 你们好 你们好 |
[02:17] | Well, it’s about time we officially met, | 我们也是时候该正式见面了 |
[02:20] | considering our DNA is already swirling around | 考虑到我们的基因已经在海莉的子宫里 |
[02:22] | in Haley’s womb. | 难舍难分了 |
[02:25] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[02:27] | Oh, hey. | 你好 |
[02:28] | – Claire. – Oh, hi. | -克莱尔 -你好 |
[02:30] | – I’m Farrah. – Hi, Farrah. | -我是法拉 -你好 法拉 |
[02:32] | – You look so familiar. – Well, I meet a lot of people | -你看起来好眼熟 -我在抗议活动中 |
[02:35] | with my work in the protest movement. | 认识了很多人 |
[02:37] | Oh, did you participate in the Ivory is Murder Fun Run? | 你参加过”象牙就是谋杀”乐跑活动吗 |
[02:40] | – Not that I recall. – Sweetheart, why don’t you show Farrah | -没印象 -亲爱的 不如你带法拉 |
[02:42] | – where she will be sleeping. – Oh, no, | -看看她要睡在哪里吧 -不用了 |
[02:44] | I just need two weight-bearing hooks | 我只需要两个承重钩子 |
[02:46] | spaced seven feet apart. | 间隔七英尺就行了 |
[02:48] | This kimono converts to a hammock. | 这件和服可以变成吊床 |
[02:51] | – Pronto! – Italy! | -准备就绪[意语] -意大利 |
[02:53] | – They answered! Where’s the phone? – Oh! Oh, no, no, no. | -他们回复了 我手机呢 -糟糕糟糕 |
[02:54] | – Where’s the phone? – I got it, right here. | -手机去哪儿了 -找到了 这儿呢 |
[02:56] | You got it? Get it. | 找到了吗 我接住了 |
[02:57] | Oh! Oh, buddy, I’m so sorry. | 兄弟 我很抱歉 |
[02:59] | – Let me get you some ice. – Damn it! | -我给你拿点冰块 -该死 |
[03:00] | No, no, don’t worry. I brought magnets. | 别担心 我带了磁石 |
[03:04] | Is that the way she treats all head injuries? | 她就这么处理头部受伤吗 |
[03:06] | Because I’ve got a theory. | 这让我有了个理论 |
[03:22] | I want to give these old toys to Haley’s babies. | 我想把这些旧玩具送给海莉的宝宝们 |
[03:25] | Oh, Joe, that’s so sweet! | 乔 你太有心了 |
[03:27] | Now I have room in the closet for my lizard. | 现在我的壁柜里有地方放蜥蜴了 |
[03:31] | Lizard? I thought that you were just | 蜥蜴 我以为你们只是去宠物店 |
[03:33] | going to the pet shop to look. | 看一下而已 |
[03:34] | I can’t say no to that face. | 我没法对那张小脸说不 |
[03:36] | You’re gonna have to be bad cop ’til puberty, | 你得在他青春期前一直唱红脸了 |
[03:38] | you know, when the Pritchett Adam’s apple | 直到普里契特的喉结 |
[03:40] | and fuzz-stache show up. | 和小胡茬冒出来的时候 |
[03:42] | Manny, you should also give something for the twins. | 曼尼 你也应该给双胞胎点东西 |
[03:45] | You both are gonna be uncles. | 你们都要当舅舅了 |
[03:47] | That’s a very proud tradition in our family. | 这在我们家是项光荣的传统 |
[03:50] | That’s right, Joe. Our great-great Uncle Alvaro | 说得没错 乔 我们的先祖阿尔瓦罗 |
[03:53] | was a famous South American freedom fighter. | 是位有名的南美解放斗士 |
[03:55] | You’re kidding? My Great Uncle Erasmus | 你开玩笑吗 我的先祖伊拉兹马斯 |
[03:57] | was a hero at the Alamo. | 是阿拉莫战争中的英雄 |
[03:58] | We’re four sentences away from realizing | 我们再多说几句就会发现 |
[04:00] | they killed each other, right? | 他们互相残杀了吧 |
[04:02] | Joe, next week, you have to go | 乔 下周你要打扮成英雄 |
[04:03] | to school dressed as a hero. | 去学校 |
[04:05] | Why don’t you dress as Uncle Alvaro? | 为什么不打扮成先祖阿尔瓦罗呢 |
[04:07] | Or Uncle Erasmus. | 还是先祖伊拉兹马斯好 |
[04:09] | Ay, Jay, that’s cute, | 杰 好傻好天真 |
[04:11] | but Alvaro was not only a war hero. | 阿尔瓦罗可不只是个战争英雄 |
[04:14] | He was a celebrated matador, | 他还是有名的斗牛士 |
[04:16] | Frida Kahlo’s tango instructor, | 弗里达·卡罗[天才女画家]的探戈导师 |
[04:19] | two-time winner of the Bogota Herald | 波哥大先驱报小漫画比赛的 |
[04:21] | cartoon caption contest. | 两届冠军 |
[04:24] | No disrespect, but I don’t think he was fit to shine | 没有冒犯的意思 不过我觉得他连给 |
[04:26] | Erasmus J. Pritchett’s boots, | 伊拉兹马斯·杰·普里契特擦鞋都不配 |
[04:28] | which, incidentally, were made by a 9-foot Texas diamondback | 那鞋还是他跟戴维·克罗克特掰手腕的时候 |
[04:32] | he stomped to death while arm-wrestling Davy Crockett. | 他一脚跺死的一条近三米长的响尾蛇做成的 |
[04:36] | Did he kill all his clothes? | 他的衣服都是杀动物做成的吗 |
[04:38] | He sure did. Come upstairs. I’ll show you. | 是啊 来上楼 我给你看看 |
[04:40] | I got a ring of his with a tooth in it | 我留着一个他的戒指 里面有颗牙 |
[04:42] | he punched out of a puma. | 是他从美洲狮嘴里打下来的 |
[04:45] | Jay does this all the time. | 杰总是这样 |
[04:46] | He disrespects our heritage and inflates his own. | 他不尊重我们家族 吹嘘自己的 |
[04:49] | I mean, I’m not buying this Uncle Erasmus guy at all. | 我一点都不相信什么先祖伊拉兹马斯的故事 |
[04:51] | I say we do a little digging. | 我建议我们探究一下 |
[04:53] | Yes! We can be like Inspector Tortuga, | 好 我们可以像托尔图加侦探一样 |
[04:57] | the turtle detective in Uncle Alvaro’s | 先祖阿尔瓦多大受欢迎的儿童书里的 |
[04:59] | popular children’s book. | 那个乌龟侦探 |
[05:01] | He was always very slowly solving crimes. | 他总是慢慢地侦破罪案 |
[05:06] | Turns out Jay’s Uncle Erasmus did live in Texas in the 1830s, | 杰的先祖1830年左右确实住在德克萨斯 |
[05:09] | but not much was written about him. | 但是关于他的描写不多 |
[05:17] | – Gretchen. – Manuel. | -格雷琴 -曼尼尔 |
[05:19] | Again, I’m so sorry abou– | 再一次 我非常抱歉 |
[05:20] | You’ll have to return these within two weeks. | 这些书你必须两周内还回来 |
[05:22] | Unlike my phone calls! | 不像我的电话 你过了两周都不回 |
[05:25] | Senor. | 臭小子 |
[05:27] | We had to dig deeper, and since history | 我们必须深入挖掘 既然历史 |
[05:29] | is written by the victors… | 是由胜利者书写的 |
[05:34] | Muchas gracias. | 非常感谢 |
[05:35] | I brought my own. | 我带了自己的 |
[05:37] | Mexican sources had a bit more to say | 墨西哥的资料对他在阿拉莫战役中 |
[05:39] | about his actual involvement in the Alamo. | 真实的表现描写得更多一点 |
[05:46] | – Okay. – Oh, really? | -好了 -真的吗 |
[05:48] | You want to give away the very first Gucci hoodie | 你要把我给女儿买的第一件古驰卫衣 |
[05:50] | – I ever bought our daughter? – Okay, “First Gucci” | -送人吗 -就因为这”第一件古驰” |
[05:52] | is why our retirement planner fired us as clients. | 退休规划师才不给我们当顾问了 |
[05:55] | Also, Haley and Dylan are having twins, okay? | 而且 海莉和迪伦的孩子是双胞胎 |
[05:57] | – They really need this stuff. – I know. | -他们真的需要这些东西 -我知道 |
[05:59] | I-I-I still can’t believe she’s pregnant. | 我还是不能相信她怀孕了 |
[06:01] | – Although… – I know you’re about to say something catty. | -不过 -我知道你要说什么贱话了 |
[06:03] | You’re practically purring. | 你都要射出贱气了 |
[06:04] | Wasn’t Claire a bit “fun” on her 20s? | 克莱尔二十几岁的时候不是也”挺会玩”吗 |
[06:07] | You know, we have a saying back home — | 你知道 我们老家有句俗话 |
[06:09] | “The crawdad don’t skitter far from its crick.” | “有其母必有其女” |
[06:12] | Okay, you’re clutching a Dolce & Gabbana onesie. | 你手里拿着名牌衣服 |
[06:13] | Decide who you are. | 你到底想当都市人还是乡下人 |
[06:14] | And, by the way, it’s not like your family | 再说了 你们家也有 |
[06:16] | doesn’t have a wayward streak, okay? | 一个惹事生非的家伙 好吗 |
[06:18] | Pam’s not exactly responsible. | 小帕可没多可靠 |
[06:20] | Oh, I’m sorry. Could an irresponsible woman | 不好意思 一个不可靠的女人 |
[06:22] | win her prison’s “Most Improved Wrestler” Award? | 能在监狱获得”最有进步摔跤手”的奖吗 |
[06:24] | Okay, let’s just admit | 行了 我们就承认 |
[06:26] | we have wild women on both sides of the family. | 两家都有狂野不羁的女人吧 |
[06:29] | Oh, God. Maybe it’s good | 天啊 可能莉莉身上 |
[06:30] | Lily wasn’t saddled with those genes. | 没有那些基因是件好事 |
[06:32] | She sure wasn’t. If anything, | 她肯定没有 就算有什么 |
[06:33] | I’m worried she acts a little young for her age. | 我担心的也是她这么大了还有点幼稚 |
[06:36] | I mean, isn’t 11 a little too old | 我是说 她都十一岁了 长大到不适合 |
[06:38] | for these unicorns and teddy bears and — | 玩这些独角兽和泰迪熊玩具了… |
[06:41] | My… Playgirl? | 天 《花花女郎》 |
[06:43] | Oh! Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[06:45] | Where — Where did she get that? | 她从哪搞到这东西的 |
[06:46] | I didn’t even know they still made these. | 我都不知道这杂志还在出版 |
[06:49] | Although it’s heartening print media isn’t completely dead. | 现在知道印刷媒体没有消亡还挺欣慰的 |
[06:51] | Okay, you’re getting off track. | 你跑题了 |
[06:52] | Our daughter is looking at naked men. | 我们的女儿在看裸男 |
[06:54] | I know. We’re gonna have to talk to her about it. | 我知道 我们得跟她聊聊这件事 |
[06:56] | You know, my parents never talked to me | 你知道吗 我的父母从来不跟我 |
[06:58] | about anything sexual. | 谈及性的话题 |
[06:59] | They just sent me to the stables | 他们只是在马交配的时候 |
[07:01] | when the horses were breeding, | 让我去马厩看着 |
[07:02] | and wow, did that create some unreasonable expectations. | 害让我对”大小”有了些不切实际的期待 |
[07:10] | No way! Who told her that? | 不会吧 谁告诉她的 |
[07:12] | She — Uh-oh. | 她… |
[07:14] | The dads have their faces on. See you at the sleepover. | 老爹们表情怪怪的 过夜的时候见 |
[07:17] | Hey! | 好呀 |
[07:18] | So, listen, we need to talk to you about something. | 是这样的 我们想跟你谈个事 |
[07:21] | We, uh — We found a — | 我们… |
[07:22] | a magazine in your room. | 在你房间里找到一本杂志 |
[07:24] | There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. | 这没什么好尴尬的 |
[07:26] | Oh, God, no, not at all. You’re — You’re going through | 老天 一点都不丢脸 你… |
[07:28] | a very exciting period of — of change | 你正经历激动人心的转变时期 |
[07:30] | – and — and hormones. – And — And — And, um, urges. | -荷尔蒙也在释放 -也开始有冲动 |
[07:33] | Got it. Solid parenting. | 知道了 你们真会教孩子 |
[07:34] | – See you tomorrow. – No, no, no, no, no, no. | -明天见 -不不不不不 |
[07:34] | – No, no, no. – Sweetheart. Come on. | -别走 -亲爱的 坐下 |
[07:36] | I-I-I know this is uncomfortable, but… | 我知道聊这个让你很不自在 但是 |
[07:38] | You shouldn’t be ashamed about wondering | 你不应该为对性好奇 |
[07:40] | or being curious about sex. | 而感到羞愧 |
[07:41] | You know, the mingling of bodies | 肢体交缠 |
[07:44] | can be a beautiful expression of love. | 也可以是表达爱的美好方式 |
[07:46] | Stop! They have classes about this in school, | 别说了 学校里也有关于这个话题的课 |
[07:48] | and if you don’t want me looking at magazines like that, | 如果你们不希望我看那种杂志 |
[07:50] | don’t leave them on the sofa! | 就不要放在沙发上 |
[07:53] | The sofa? How did — | 沙发 怎么… |
[07:54] | – How did it get on the sofa? – I don’t know. | -怎么会跑到沙发上 -我不知道 |
[07:56] | I don’t — Ah, the babysitter. | 我不… 是保姆 |
[07:57] | Or, you know, Haley, or — or Pam, or Claire. | 又或是海莉 或者小帕 也可能是克莱尔 |
[08:00] | We were just talking about how perverted they are. | 我们刚刚还在聊她们几个有多变态 |
[08:02] | Wait a minute. This is from 1997. | 等一下 这是1997年的杂志 |
[08:06] | And David Duchovny’s on the cover. | 封面是大卫·杜楚尼 |
[08:08] | Didn’t you have a thing for David Duchovny? | 你以前不是喜欢大卫·杜楚尼吗 |
[08:12] | Why — Wha– I don’t even know who that is. | 什么 我都不知道那是谁 |
[08:15] | He was on the — you know, the cheesy sci-fi show, | 他就是演那个俗套的科幻剧的 |
[08:17] | the, uh — What was it? “The X-Files” or something? | 叫什么来着 《X档案》之类的 |
[08:20] | You know, kind of a dumbed-down “Men in Black”? | 就是弱智版的《黑衣人》 |
[08:23] | They had that saying, you know? | 剧里面有个经典句子 |
[08:24] | Saying was, “The truth is… up there”? | 好像是 “真相…就在上面” |
[08:26] | You know damn well it’s “The truth is out there”! | 你明知道是”真相就在外面” |
[08:28] | Don’t — Don’t you crinkle it. | 你别弄皱了 |
[08:30] | Why do you have a 20-year-old nudie mag? | 你为什么有一本20年前的裸男杂志 |
[08:32] | Agent Mulder meant a lot to me, okay? | 穆德探员对我意义重大 好吗 |
[08:34] | He was brooding and handsome | 他那么帅 总是眉头深锁 |
[08:36] | and obsessed with an uptight yet sexy redhead. | 还迷恋一个虽然焦躁但性感的红毛[女主] |
[08:38] | Yeah, well, guess what. You wouldn’t have had a chance | 你猜怎么着 你根本没机会 |
[08:40] | with David Duchovny because, look. | 泡到大卫·杜楚尼 因为你看 |
[08:42] | One of his turn-offs is “Dishonest people.” | 他最不喜欢的就是”不诚实的人” |
[08:45] | And why is it just lying around the house? | 而且你为什么把杂志随便乱丢 |
[08:47] | I was bringing the trash bins | 我前几天把垃圾桶 |
[08:49] | into the garage the other day, | 拉回车库时 |
[08:50] | and I noticed an old box of my stuff. | 注意到我的一箱旧物 |
[08:52] | I got nostalgic, and I decided to flip through it. | 我觉得很怀念 于是决定翻看一下 |
[08:55] | – Wait, garbage day? L-Last Wednesday? – Yeah. | -等等 垃圾日 就是上周三吗 -对 |
[08:57] | The day we opened the bottle of Merlot, | 就是我们开了那瓶梅洛干红 |
[08:59] | took it back to the bedroom, | 拿进卧室喝 |
[09:00] | and had a rather spectacular… session? | 然后有了”超乎寻常的体验”那晚吗 |
[09:02] | – Uh, was it that night? – Oh, please, | -是那晚吗 -你少来 |
[09:04] | it was the first time in years I’d seen your eyes | 那是多年来你第一次不是因为鄙视 |
[09:06] | roll back in your head without irony. | 而[爽到]翻白眼 |
[09:08] | Well, excuse me if I am attracted to you. | 我深受你吸引 真是不好意思啊 |
[09:10] | Except it wasn’t just me, was it? | 但不只是因为我 对吗 |
[09:12] | There were three of us in that bed. | 那晚床上有三个人 |
[09:13] | I sent you a dozen roses the next day. | 我第二天还送了你一打红玫瑰 |
[09:15] | Apparently, I should’ve sent six to David Duchovny. | 原来我应该送其中六朵给大卫·杜楚尼啊 |
[09:18] | Oh, come on! | 要不要这样 |
[09:20] | So what? I got a little extra worked up | 我看完性感美男图 |
[09:21] | after looking at a sexy picture. | 比平时更性奋点 有什么大不了 |
[09:23] | People do it all the time. | 这是很普遍的事 |
[09:24] | Pepper said it’s the only reason he buys Brawny paper towels. | 胡娇说这是他买”猛男”牌纸巾的唯一理由 |
[09:27] | So, I guess I’m weird for wanting to purely connect | 那我想在情感层面上只与你一人产生共鸣 |
[09:30] | with you on an emotional level. | 是我奇葩 |
[09:32] | Know what? I’m going to the gym. | 算了 我去健身房了 |
[09:34] | And good news, David Duchovny. | 好消息 大卫·杜楚尼 |
[09:36] | You’re not gonna be alone on the sofa tonight. | 你今晚不会孤单一人在沙发上了 |
[09:42] | Can you please hand me my iPod? | 请你把iPod递给我好吗 |
[09:44] | You’ve robbed me of my dignity. | 你已经剥夺了我的尊严 |
[09:45] | You will not also rob me of my glorious exit. | 不能把我霸气的离场也夺走 |
[09:48] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[09:51] | There you go, buddy. | 好了 哥们 |
[09:52] | Now you look like a real hero. | 现在你看起来像个真正的英雄了 |
[09:54] | I don’t think I’m allowed to bring a knife to school. | 我想我应该不能带刀去学校 |
[09:57] | It’s not sharp at all. | 一点都不锋利[机灵]啦 |
[09:58] | And neither, apparently, are you. | 显然你也不机灵 |
[10:00] | I told you if we waited a few minutes | 我说了吧 如果我们等几分钟 |
[10:01] | he’d give us a delicious segue. | 他就会帮我们铺好梗 |
[10:03] | Your uncle Erasmus Pritchett | 你的先祖伊拉兹马斯·普利契特 |
[10:05] | was a hero at the Alamo… | 在阿拉莫之战中是英雄没错 |
[10:07] | but for the other side. | 不过是敌军那边的 |
[10:09] | Yeah, he hid in a closet during the fighting, | 没错 交战时他躲在衣柜里 |
[10:11] | then stole a dress and escaped | 然后偷了一条裙子 |
[10:12] | by pretending to be a prostitute. | 假扮成妓女逃走了 |
[10:14] | What?! I don’t believe you. | 什么 我不相信你说的 |
[10:15] | These are official church documents. | 这些是教会官方文献 |
[10:18] | In this part, it says that he traded military secrets | 这一段说到他用军方机密 |
[10:21] | for rum and a new corset. | 交换朗姆酒和新胸衣 |
[10:23] | “To this day, in Nuevo Laredo, ‘to Erasmus’ | “至今 在新拉雷多 ‘伊拉兹马斯’ |
[10:26] | means ‘to cry facedown on the ground.'” | 仍代表’趴在地上哭’的意思” |
[10:28] | There’s a picture of him cringing. | 这有一张他怂样的照片 |
[10:32] | I can’t believe I named my lizard Erasmus. | 我不敢相信我给我的蜥蜴取名伊拉兹马斯 |
[10:35] | It was wartime, Joe! | 那是战时 乔 |
[10:37] | We can’t judge a man who has lived through that kind of hell. | 他遭受了地狱般的经历 我们不能因此鄙视他 |
[10:40] | He spent his post-war years | 他战后一直在 |
[10:41] | spreading the gospel of vegetarianism. | 散布素食主义的福音 |
[10:43] | I have no uncle. | 我没这个先祖 |
[10:48] | Oh. This homeopathic remedy | 这种顺势治疗药 |
[10:50] | is really gonna help Haley with morning sickness. | 一定能改善海莉的孕吐 |
[10:52] | Uh-huh. I got the recipe from a doula | 我坐优步时 |
[10:54] | I met in an Uber pool. | 遇到的助产师给我了这个偏方 |
[10:56] | Well, you were right about one thing. | 你有一件事是对的 |
[10:57] | It does — It does smell like | 的确闻起来像 |
[10:58] | a buffalo that was struck by lightning. | 被闪电击中的水牛 |
[11:00] | When — When are you heading back up to Oregon? | 你什么时候回俄勒冈啊 |
[11:03] | Oh, I’m done with that place. | 我在那儿待够了 |
[11:04] | Oldest story in the world. | 世上最老套的故事 |
[11:06] | You know, I thought I found a nice guy, then one morning, | 我以为我找到了一个好人 但一天早上 |
[11:08] | he up and tells me he’s found six new women. | 他说他找到了六个新女人 |
[11:10] | Mm. I’m done with Bhagwans. | 我受够那些奥修大师了 |
[11:13] | Coming back as Dylan’s mother? | 以迪兰妈妈的身份重返人间 |
[11:15] | Not funny, Mom. | 不好玩 妈妈 |
[11:17] | Not funny at all! | 一点都不好玩 |
[11:19] | Buddy, are you sure you’re okay? | 老兄 你真的没事吗 |
[11:21] | Trust me, I’m a nurse. | 相信我 我是个护士 |
[11:23] | By now there’d be clear signs if I had a concursion. | 如果我有脑”真”荡 现在就会有明显症状 |
[11:29] | Gosh, your mom looks familiar. | 天 你妈看起来好眼熟 |
[11:31] | She used to do a little modeling. | 她以前做过一阵模特 |
[11:33] | Recently, she had her likeness stolen | 她照片最近还被人盗用去 |
[11:34] | for one of those “Freeze-the-Fat” Billboards. | “脂肪冷却手术”的广告牌上 |
[11:41] | Dylan’s Mom was the hot chick | 迪兰的妈妈是 |
[11:43] | in the “Sex Kitty” music video. | 《性感小野猫》音乐视频里的辣妹 |
[11:46] | ♪ Sex kitty ♪ | ♪ 性感小野猫 ♪ |
[11:48] | ♪ Sexy kitty ♪ | ♪ 性感小野猫 ♪ |
[11:51] | ♪ Sex kitty ♪ | ♪ 性感小野猫 ♪ |
[11:53] | ♪ Se– ♪ | ♪ 性 ♪ |
[11:55] | The songwriting isn’t perfect, | 歌写得不怎么样 |
[11:56] | but this video changed everything. | 但这个视频让歌起死回生 |
[12:02] | ♪ Sex kitty, se– ♪ | ♪ 性感小野猫 性… ♪ |
[12:05] | Those bikes don’t live there, do they? | 那俩自行车不住那吧 |
[12:07] | ‘Cause that is an ideal north-facing spot | 因为那是摆放生产浴缸的绝佳位置 |
[12:09] | for a birthing tub. | 刚好面朝北 |
[12:11] | I wasn’t aware that Haley | 我不知道海莉 |
[12:12] | was considering a home birth. | 考虑在家生孩子 |
[12:14] | Oh, I wasn’t, but then Farrah really opened up my eyes | 我本来没打算 但法拉让我看清了 |
[12:16] | to the birth-industrial complex. | 生产工业的丑陋面目 |
[12:18] | You know, this room is kind of vibrating | 这个房间有点在散发出 |
[12:20] | with ancient wounds. | 古老伤痕的感觉 |
[12:22] | – Let’s sage the area. – Okay. | -我们用驱邪鼠尾草熏一下 -好的 |
[12:24] | Dylan, honey, do you think you could grab that fan | 迪兰 亲爱的 你能拿个电风扇 |
[12:26] | and maybe de-funk the kitchen a little? | 吹散下厨房的怪味吗 |
[12:29] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[12:30] | Is, uh — Is Dylan’s mom at all familiar to you? | 迪兰的妈妈是不是很眼熟 |
[12:34] | Yes! Thank God you noticed it, too. | 是的 谢天谢地你也注意到了 |
[12:37] | I can’t believe that is gonna be in our life on a regular basis. | 我不敢相信这将会成为我们生活的常态 |
[12:39] | I know. She’s been driving me kind of crazy | 我知道 她快要把我弄疯了 |
[12:41] | since I was a kid. | 自我小时候开始 |
[12:43] | Do you know how many nights I went to bed | 你知道有多少个夜晚我在床上 |
[12:44] | screaming her name into a pillow? | 用枕头捂着嘴大叫她的名字吗 |
[12:47] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[12:49] | – She broke it! – No, you broke it! | -她弄坏了 -不 是你弄坏了 |
[12:52] | Girls, it’s fine! Also, who are you? | 姑娘们 没关系 另外 你们是谁 |
[12:54] | Oh, I get my stepdaughters once a month | 我每月得带一次我的继女 |
[12:56] | when my ex-wife’s on rotation with the National Guard. | 我前妻要在国民警卫队轮班 |
[12:59] | Mm. Girls, be careful with the chinchilla, okay? | 孩子们 小心南美栗鼠 好吗 |
[13:01] | You know he has a nervous bowel. | 你们知道他很容易被吓得屁滚尿流 |
[13:03] | – Hi, girls! – Gammy! | -姑娘们 -阿嬷 |
[13:05] | Gammy? | 阿嬷 |
[13:07] | The girls call you Gammy? | 姑娘们叫你阿嬷吗 |
[13:08] | That’s funny, because I was hoping | 有意思了 因为我也希望 |
[13:09] | when Haley’s twins came along, | 海莉的双胞胎将来 |
[13:11] | they might call me that. | 这么叫我 |
[13:12] | Oh, well, that might be confusing. | 那恐怕会容易弄混 |
[13:15] | But maybe you could be something else. | 但你可以被叫做其他啊 |
[13:16] | – How about “Gaga”? – Maybe we don’t have to lock | -嬷嬷怎么样 -或许我们现在 |
[13:18] | anything down right now. | 还不用确定任何叫法下来 |
[13:20] | Oh, my God. I love it! | 天啊 我喜欢 |
[13:22] | Hey, Gaga! | 你好啊 嬷嬷 |
[13:23] | Squeaker’s loose! Get him! | 小鼠跑了 抓住他 |
[13:28] | I’ll get him! | 我来 |
[13:34] | – Do you see it, Phil? – What?! | -你看到了吗 菲尔 -什么 |
[13:35] | No, I didn’t see anything, so… | 没 我什么也没看到 |
[13:39] | I’m so sorry, D! | 对不起 小迪 |
[13:41] | If you weren’t my hero, | 要不是因为你是我偶像 |
[13:42] | I’d wonder if you’re doing this on purpose! | 我要怀疑你是故意的了 |
[13:43] | Oh, my God, Dad! | 天啊 爸爸 |
[13:45] | What’s wrong with him, Mom? | 他怎么回事啊 妈 |
[13:47] | – Mom? – Claire? | -妈 -克莱尔 |
[13:49] | Gaga? | 嬷嬷 |
[13:56] | Hey, handsome, this seat taken? | 帅哥 这个座位有人吗 |
[13:58] | Hey, what are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[13:59] | Well, I brought you a smoothie, although, | 我给你带了奶昔 但… |
[14:01] | you don’t need it because you’re already | 你不需要 因为你已经是 |
[14:02] | 100% fruity deliciousness. | 百分百的美味果缤纷了 |
[14:05] | Maybe I just get right to it. | 或许我该直奔主题 |
[14:06] | Look, Mitchell, I appreciate what you’re doing — | 米奇尔 我很感激你的心意… |
[14:09] | No, no, listen. | 不 听我说 |
[14:10] | Lily’s at a sleepover tonight, | 莉莉今晚去朋友家过夜 |
[14:11] | so I got us a suite at Whispers Resort and Spa. | 所以我在耳语度假水疗中心定了套房 |
[14:15] | Isn’t that the place, uh, Jen Aniston goes to | 就是珍妮弗·安妮斯顿离婚后 |
[14:17] | – after her divorces? – Yes. | -去的那家吗 -是的 |
[14:19] | And I’m sorry about the silly Playgirl thing. | 《花花女郎》的事我很抱歉 |
[14:21] | I-I want you to feel what I feel every day. | 我想让你体验我每天所体验的感觉 |
[14:24] | That you only have eyes for me. | 就是你眼里除了我没有别人 |
[14:28] | Call me old-fashioned. I just don’t see other men. | 你可以说我传统 我就是心里容不下别的男人 |
[14:32] | Sweetie, your-your heart rate’s setting off an alarm. | 亲爱的 你的心率高到警报响了 |
[14:34] | Why-why don’t you get off that bike? | 你还是先别骑车了 |
[14:35] | Yeah, that’s a good idea. You know what? | 是啊 好主意 不如这样 |
[14:36] | Why don’t we go to the spa, see if we can get an early treatment? | 我们先去水疗 看能不能提前开始项目 |
[14:38] | I love that. | 我喜欢 |
[14:40] | Oh, smoothie. | 奶昔 |
[14:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:43] | Hey, you’re-you’re really sweating. | 你真的出了好多汗 |
[14:45] | You should get a towel. | 你该拿条毛巾擦擦了 |
[14:49] | Okay, you’re acting weird. | 你表现得好奇怪 |
[14:51] | – What’s going on? – Okay, look, I just — | -到底怎么回事 -好吧 我只是 |
[14:54] | Um, I’m excited about that hotel. | 因为酒店很兴奋 |
[14:56] | I mean, there’s a lot of Hollywood history there. | 那里发生过好多好莱坞名人名事 |
[14:58] | You know, they say | 传闻 |
[15:00] | the Little Rascals used to have orgies there. | 《小淘气》那帮演员常在那搞群交 |
[15:04] | Hey, Cam! | 小卡 |
[15:05] | I almost forgot the homemade protein bars you brought for us! | 我差点忘了你给我们做的自制蛋白棒 |
[15:08] | Well, I’ll see you next time! | 下次见 |
[15:09] | Yeah! Who is that? | 好 这人谁啊 |
[15:11] | Wow, that’s an interesting view. | 这片风光可真有意思 |
[15:14] | What? It’s a parking lot. | 哪有意思了 停车场而已 |
[15:15] | – There’s a Dumpster. – Oh, please. Come on. | -那有个垃圾桶 -拜托 少来了 |
[15:16] | You picked this bike so you could have a front-row seat | 你选这辆单车是为了能在前排 |
[15:18] | to this little peep sho- | 观摩这场猛男… |
[15:19] | Oh! Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[15:22] | That night of our “Spectacular session,” | 我们那晚”超乎寻常的体验” |
[15:24] | you had just come from the gym. | 正好是你从健身房回家后 |
[15:25] | Well, I-I wonder what got your engine so revved up, huh? | 真好奇你那天劲头为什么那么足 |
[15:28] | The truth is out there! | 真相就在外面 |
[15:30] | Okay, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[15:32] | I’m weak, okay? | 我很容易动摇 行了吧 |
[15:32] | I can’t believe you shamed me for looking at a magazine | 真不敢相信你因为我看杂志而羞辱我 |
[15:36] | when you’ve been baking protein bars | 而你一直在给这群猛男 |
[15:37] | – for Thunder from Down Under! – Maybe that’s why. | -做蛋白棒 -或许就是这个原因 |
[15:40] | It’s because I-I felt guilty about this. | 这让我很内疚 |
[15:42] | Well, don’t, okay? | 不必内疚 明白吗 |
[15:44] | We are allowed to look at other men | 我们可以去看其他男人 |
[15:46] | without feeling guilty about it. | 不必觉得内疚 |
[15:51] | And-and if it inspires you, then go for it, | 要是这样能激发你 大可去看 |
[15:53] | because at the end of the day, | 因为归根结底 |
[15:55] | I’m the one who gets to reap the rewards. | 好处都是我享用了 |
[15:59] | That’s true. Okay. Look, I’m sorry. | 这话没错 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[16:00] | Let’s just get out of here. | 我们快离开这吧 |
[16:02] | Oh, now? Okay. | 这就走 好吧 |
[16:05] | Maybe I should join this gym. | 或许我该加入这间健身房 |
[16:06] | No, stick to your vintage nudie mags. | 不行 继续看你的怀旧裸男杂志去 |
[16:08] | This is mine. | 这里是我的 |
[16:10] | – What’s his name? – Chuck. | -他叫什么 -查克 |
[16:11] | Oh, Chuck. | 查克 |
[16:13] | Oh, Joe, so adorable, | 乔 太可爱了 |
[16:15] | you look like a little Uncle Alvaro! | 你看起来像幼年版阿尔瓦罗先祖 |
[16:17] | One last touch — the pocket watch, | 最后的点睛之笔 怀表 |
[16:19] | permanently broken at 3:30 | 永远停在3点30分 |
[16:21] | after it stopped a bullet shot by a very drunk | 因为它挡住了善妒的弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔 |
[16:23] | and jealous Florence Nightingale. | 酒醉后射出的子弹 |
[16:25] | Maybe it was sour grapes, | 或许我是酸葡萄心理 |
[16:27] | but this guy was starting to sound like baloney. | 但我开始觉得这家伙是个骗子 |
[16:30] | I was sure that if I left no stone unturned, | 我很确定假如我用尽一切手段 |
[16:33] | eventually, one day, | 最终 某天 |
[16:35] | I’d find some dirt on Great Uncle Alvaro. | 我会找到先祖阿尔瓦罗的丑闻 |
[16:38] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[16:40] | Simón Francisco Alvaro | 西蒙·弗朗西斯科·阿尔瓦罗 |
[16:42] | would go from town to town, seducing wealthy widows | 辗转于不同小镇 勾引有钱寡妇 |
[16:46] | with made-up stories of his bravery in battle. | 编造自己在战争中的勇敢故事骗她们 |
[16:49] | After frittering away their fortunes on drink and dice, | 把她们的所有钱财都浪费在喝酒赌博上 |
[16:53] | he would move on, leaving his victims with nothing | 然后换下一目标 只给他的受害人 |
[16:57] | but a single red rose | 留下一枝红玫瑰 |
[16:59] | and syphilis. | 和梅毒 |
[17:00] | Who’s up for a little history lesson? | 有人想听历史小课堂吗 |
[17:03] | – It seems — – Wait, wait, wait, wait. | -看起来 -等一下 |
[17:05] | Do it again. | 再演一次 |
[17:06] | The yoke of Spanish oppression | 哥伦比亚的肩头 |
[17:09] | will chafe Colombian shoulders no longer! | 将不会再套上西班牙压迫的缰绳 |
[17:13] | My saber thirsts for European blood! | 我的佩剑在渴求欧洲人的鲜血 |
[17:16] | – So cute! – Bravo! | -太可爱了 -好极了 |
[17:18] | He looked it up and memorized it himself. | 他自己查到背下来的 |
[17:21] | Hey, Dad. You know how kids tease me | 爸 你知道那些孩子 |
[17:23] | ’cause I’m the shortest kid in the class? | 总笑我是班上最矮的吗 |
[17:26] | Oh, don’t listen to what they say! | 可别听他们说的那些鬼话 |
[17:27] | Right! Uncle Alvaro was only five feet tall | 没错 先祖阿尔瓦罗只有一米五 |
[17:31] | and he led a whole army! | 可是他领导了一整支军队 |
[17:33] | I’m gonna be brave like him. | 我要像他一样勇敢 |
[17:36] | Viva Uncle Alvaro. | 先祖阿尔瓦罗万岁 |
[17:40] | I enjoyed a lot of years taking pride in my great uncle. | 我享受了很多年以我先祖为荣的日子 |
[17:43] | I didn’t want to rob Joe of that. | 我不想夺走乔在这方面的机会 |
[17:45] | It wasn’t easy biting my tongue, | 忍着不说真的很不容易 |
[17:47] | but I took a page from another heroic relative — | 但我向家族里另一个伟大的先人学习 |
[17:50] | Lulach McPritchett — | 他就是鲁拉赫·麦普里契特 |
[17:52] | proud Scottish warrior, captured by the English, | 勇敢骄傲的苏格兰勇士 被英国佬所捕获 |
[17:56] | tortured for months using every method imaginable, | 用尽世上各种手段刑求逼供 |
[17:59] | and never once giving up a single secret. | 但他还是没有透漏任何一点秘密 |
[18:03] | Don’t look him up. | 别去查他 |
[18:11] | Signora, why so sad? | 夫人[意语] 为何如此难过 |
[18:15] | Let me see that big macaroni smile, ah? | 让我看看你如通心粉般的大微笑好吗 |
[18:18] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我在这 |
[18:19] | Antonio called and said | 安东尼奥打电话来说 |
[18:21] | you’d ordered a flaming Sambuca… | 你点了一杯燃烧森布卡茴香酒… |
[18:23] | …and just watched it burn. | 但一口没喝 只静静看它燃烧 |
[18:27] | It’s all just going too fast. | 一切都发展得太快了 |
[18:30] | Five months ago, | 五个月前 |
[18:31] | Haley got back together with Dylan. | 海莉刚跟迪兰复合 |
[18:32] | Then my mom dies. Then Haley’s pregnant. | 然后我妈妈去世 再接着海莉就怀孕了 |
[18:35] | Then it’s twins. | 后来还发现是双胞胎 |
[18:36] | Then, “Come move in with us this summer” turns into | 接下来”搬过来暂住一个夏天”变成了 |
[18:39] | “Ding-dong, we’re here with an early preview of twins | “叮咚 为您带来双胞胎提前体验包 |
[18:42] | and an incontinent chinchilla, | 与一只大小便失控的南美栗鼠 |
[18:43] | and, in the most terrifying return since Freddy Krueger | 而且呢 比《猛鬼街》杀人魔佛莱迪 |
[18:46] | sashayed his way back onto Elm Street, | 重返榆树街大开杀戒还可怕的是 |
[18:48] | my mother reincarnated into the body of Farrah.” | 我妈妈转世附身在了法拉的身体上” |
[18:55] | How — How are you handling this all so well? | 你… 你怎么能对这一切都如此淡定 |
[18:57] | Who says I am? | 谁说我淡定了 |
[18:59] | I had to get out of there, | 我不得不离开家里 |
[19:00] | or I was gonna make Haley a single mom. | 不然我要害海莉成为单亲妈妈了 |
[19:03] | I hit Dylan again, Claire. | 我连伤了迪兰两次 |
[19:04] | – But not on purpose. – Are we sure? | -但你不是有意的啊 -能确定吗 |
[19:07] | You mean, like, you might have some buried anger | 你是说你心里可能暗藏怨念 |
[19:10] | towards him stealing away your baby girl? | 记恨他偷走了你的宝贝闺女吗 |
[19:12] | Oh, I so want it to be on purpose. | 我真希望你是故意的 |
[19:15] | Gets lonely out here on crazy island. | 我自己一个人在疯人岛上好孤独啊 |
[19:19] | Oh, well, | 没事啦 |
[19:21] | we still have Italy. | 我们好歹还有意大利嘛 |
[19:24] | Do we? | 真的有吗 |
[19:25] | Listen, I’ve been doing some research on twins, | 听我说 我上网查过了双胞胎 |
[19:27] | and it seems that, like our daughter, they — | 它们容易像我们的女儿当年那样 |
[19:30] | they tend to come early. | 提早出生 |
[19:32] | Even if it’s a 1-in-10 chance, | 但哪怕只有10%的几率 |
[19:34] | I can’t risk having the only maternal figure present | 我也不想到时候海莉身边唯一的母性角色 |
[19:38] | be that tub-birthing Wiccan. | 是那个浴缸生产的妖女 |
[19:40] | I got to be there for Haley. | 我得在她身边陪她 |
[19:42] | It’s overwhelming for sure, | 的确是很压力山大 |
[19:44] | but haven’t a ton of our best memories | 但我们许许多多的美好回忆 |
[19:48] | come from the anarchy of our house? | 不都是从一家人的各种混乱中产生的吗 |
[19:51] | Like when Luke got his head stuck in the banister? | 比如卢克把脑袋卡在栏杆中 |
[19:54] | Which time? | 哪一次被卡住 |
[19:55] | Or when — when Alex’s science fair project | 或是艾丽克斯的科学展览设计 |
[19:58] | blacked out the whole neighborhood | 害整个邻里各家各户都停电了 |
[20:00] | during the Super Bowl? | 而且还是在超级碗期间 |
[20:02] | Or when, uh, | 还有 |
[20:03] | Haley snuck in Luke’s window | 海莉想从卢克的窗户溜进家 |
[20:04] | – the same week we bought him a slingshot? – Oh, God. | -结果那周我们才刚给卢克买了弹弓 -天啊 |
[20:07] | That was… Mm. | 真的是… |
[20:08] | So, it’s a-a madhouse, | 我们家是有点像疯人之家 |
[20:10] | but on the other hand, | 但换另一个角度想 |
[20:13] | we’re gonna have a couple babies in the house, | 这个家马上就要迎接几个新的宝宝了 |
[20:15] | and they’ll be Haley and Dylan’s. | 他们会是海莉与迪兰的宝宝 |
[20:18] | So they’ll be doing funny stuff. | 他们一定会闹出很多笑料 |
[20:23] | So… | 所以… |
[20:25] | looks like we are going on a trip? | 感觉我们还是会去旅行啦 |
[20:46] | – Gretchen. – Manuel. | -格雷琴 -曼尼尔 |
[20:48] | Look, I really am sorry about the way things ended — | 我对我们不欢而散感到抱歉 |
[20:51] | That chapter is closed. | 为时已晚 |
[20:52] | We have a strictly business relationship now. | 我们现在是单纯的工作关系 |
[20:55] | Did you enjoy this book, or did you find your eyes | 还喜欢这本书吗 还是你的眼睛 |
[20:58] | drifting toward a shorter Jewish one? | 瞟向了更短小的犹太书籍[人] |
[21:00] | Okay, Shoshana and I are over. | 听我说 我跟肖莎娜已经结束了 |
[21:02] | It was beyond hurtful that you found a woman | 最伤心的就是当我发现 |
[21:04] | whose name has two “shhh” sounds in it. | 你另找的姑娘名字里还带有两个”嘘”的音 |
[21:07] | Clearly, you’re still upset | 显然你还在伤心 |
[21:08] | and there is no hope for reconciliation. | 而且看来也没机会握手言和了 |
[21:09] | So… | 既然如此 |
[21:11] | I’ll just say good-bye | 我想向你道别 |
[21:12] | and hope you’ll allow me to play myself off with our song. | 并希望你会允许我在我们的爱歌中退场 |