时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | No, Margaret, I want you to triple check | 不 玛格丽特 我希望你 |
[00:04] | with the compliance officer about that. | 跟合规官再三确认这事 |
[00:06] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[00:07] | I’m working on a little something. | 我在搞个小发明 |
[00:08] | You know how when you’re making pancakes, | 你知道你在做煎饼时 |
[00:09] | – your hands are always full? – No. | -手上总是沾满了面糊吗 -不知道 |
[00:11] | Well, this’ll solve that. | 这可以解决那个问题 |
[00:14] | Did you take the batteries out of the smoke detector for this? | 你是把烟雾报警器里的电池取下来做这个了吗 |
[00:17] | No, no, still here. Still here. | 不 我还在 还在呢 |
[00:19] | Yeah, no, I want to read the investor statement this afternoon, | 不 我希望今天下午就看到投资者声明 |
[00:21] | but, Dom, you’re gonna have to resend it. | 但是多姆 你得重新发一遍 |
[00:23] | You accidentally e-mailed me the first chapter of your novel, | 你不小心把你写的小说的第一章发我了 |
[00:26] | and just a tiny little note, | 给你点小意见 |
[00:28] | maybe not all bosoms are heaving. | 并非所有的胸都是丰满的 |
[00:30] | Thanks, guys. | 谢了 各位 |
[00:32] | Work call on a Saturday morning? | 周六早上也要打工作电话 |
[00:34] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[00:36] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[00:37] | You probably don’t want to get into this right now, | 你可能现在不想谈这个 |
[00:39] | but is this a bald spot or the center of your swirl? | 但这到底是秃了一块还是发旋 |
[00:43] | My job has been miserable. | 我的工作简直太惨了 |
[00:45] | I’m always working, I never sleep, | 我总在工作 连睡觉的时间都没有 |
[00:48] | and all I do is clean up other people’s messes | 我整天做的就是给别人擦屁股 |
[00:50] | because I’m the only adult in the room. | 因为我是所有人中唯一的成年人 |
[00:53] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[00:54] | I’m a mom again, | 我这是又当妈了 |
[00:55] | but to people I don’t love. | 但我的孩子却是一帮我不爱的人 |
[00:57] | Sweetheart, listen. | 亲爱的 听我说 |
[00:59] | For years, you supported me | 多年来 你一直支持着我 |
[01:00] | while I juggled realtoring and — and juggling. | 任我在房地产行业耍 以及玩杂耍 |
[01:03] | And now it’s my turn to support you. | 现在轮到我来支持你了 |
[01:04] | Anything that’s not work, I’m your guy. | 任何工作以外的困难 直接找我 |
[01:07] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[01:21] | Hey, look at you guys. So playful. | 瞧瞧你们啊 玩得很开心嘛 |
[01:23] | When I get married, | 等我结婚了 |
[01:24] | I hope my wife and I never lose that sense of whimsy. | 我希望我和我老婆永远不要失去这种怪念头 |
[01:27] | – Thank you, Luke. – What do you want? | -谢谢你 卢克 -你有什么事 |
[01:28] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 好吧 我就老实交代吧 |
[01:30] | My buddy Scooter and I | 我兄弟斯库特和我 |
[01:31] | came up with this really cool business idea. | 想出了一个超赞的商业点子 |
[01:33] | We think it’s gonna be huge. | 我们觉得一定会大获成功的 |
[01:34] | That’s great, pal! | 那真是太好了 小老弟 |
[01:35] | We are so proud of you. | 我们太为你骄傲了啊 |
[01:37] | Get to the bad part. | 直接说弊端吧 |
[01:38] | There is no bad part. | 没有弊端 |
[01:39] | Actually, you guys are gonna make money. | 实际上 你们还能多赚点钱 |
[01:41] | Because I have to drop out of school to do it. | 因为我打算退学创业 这样就省下学费了 |
[01:43] | You’re not dropping out of school. | 你绝对不能退学 |
[01:44] | – Honey… – No. | -亲爱的 -别 |
[01:45] | I — I got this. | 我来处理 |
[01:47] | But we should’ve seen it coming. | 不过我们应该能预料到会有这么一天 |
[01:48] | After all, his dad is the creator of the Hey Batter, Batter. | 毕竟他老爹是”嘿 面糊”牌面糊挤压器的发明者 |
[01:52] | The name’s a placeholder. | 名字只是暂用 很可能已经被人注册了 |
[01:53] | But probably still available. | 但非常可能还没人用 |
[01:55] | Dad, I want you to know I love your pancake shooter. | 爸 我希望你知道我超爱你的面糊发射器 |
[01:57] | Have you seen the updates…to… | 那你看到这个改进版的… |
[02:03] | the Insta-Cold straw? | 即冷型吸管了吗 |
[02:05] | You should be on a stamp. | 你应该作为名人被印在邮票上 |
[02:06] | Has that ever not electrocuted someone? | 那东西有不电到人的时候吗 |
[02:08] | Sometimes you have to shock a few people | 有时候你必须先电击一些人 |
[02:10] | before you shock the world. | 才能让世界有触电般的震撼 |
[02:12] | That should go on your stamp. | 这句话该附在你的邮票上 |
[02:14] | Okay, stop flattering your dad. | 够了 别再恭维你爸了 |
[02:16] | You’re not dropping out of school. | 你绝不能退学 |
[02:17] | You’re almost done! | 你就快毕业了啊 |
[02:18] | And more importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[02:20] | we don’t quit things in this family. | 我们这个家绝不允许半途而废 |
[02:21] | Haley quit college. | 海莉就从大学退学了 |
[02:23] | And Alex quit her job in Antarctica. | 艾丽克斯中止了她在南极的工作 |
[02:25] | And Dad has never finished a Sudoku. | 爸爸也从没完成过一个数独 |
[02:27] | They are hard. | 那太难了 |
[02:28] | Mom, this isn’t some goof. | 妈 这不是在瞎闹 |
[02:30] | Scooter and I really believe in this idea. | 斯库特和我真的很看好这个点子能成功 |
[02:32] | Can we at least show you | 至少能让我们向你们展示下 |
[02:33] | in the investor presentation this afternoon? | 今天下午的投资人介绍会吗 |
[02:34] | We’d love to hear it, wouldn’t we? | 我们很乐意去听听 对吧 |
[02:36] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[02:38] | Yes! You guys aren’t gonna be disappointed. | 太好了 你们一定不会失望的 |
[02:40] | I’m gonna call Scooter now. | 我这就去打给斯库特 |
[02:43] | He’s not dropping out of school. | 他绝对不能退学 |
[02:44] | You have got to listen with an open mind. | 你必须用开放的思想去听 |
[02:47] | After all, | 毕竟 |
[02:47] | what kind of world would we live in if all parents forced their kids | 如果所有父母都强迫自己的孩子待在学校 |
[02:49] | to stay in school and not pursue their dreams? | 不去追求梦想 那我们会生活在什么样的世界 |
[02:51] | No Steve Jobs, no Mark Zuckerberg, | 没有史蒂夫·乔布斯 没有马克·扎克伯格 |
[02:54] | no Cindy Crawford. | 没有超模辛迪·克劳馥 |
[02:55] | Steve Jobs put a computer in everyone’s pocket. | 史蒂夫·乔布斯将电脑装进了大家的口袋里 |
[02:58] | Luke almost died taking off a hoodie on an escalator. | 卢克差点死于在电动扶梯上脱帽衫 |
[03:01] | My point is, dreams need to be fostered. | 我要表达的重点是 梦想是需要培育的 |
[03:03] | And if I’m being honest, | 说老实话 |
[03:05] | I kind of love the idea of being a mentor to these two young minds. | 我还挺乐意担任那两个年轻人的导师的 |
[03:09] | Wooden spoon! | 木勺子 |
[03:10] | Knock it away with a wooden spoon! | 快用木勺子隔断连接 |
[03:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢救命之恩 |
[03:17] | Oh, this is amazing! | 这简直太棒了 |
[03:19] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:20] | Daddy so walks like that! | 大爸的走路姿势就是那样的 |
[03:23] | Why are you guys laughing? | 你们为什么笑成这样 |
[03:24] | We — We were happy? | 因为 因为我们开心 |
[03:26] | Since when? | 从什么时候开始的 |
[03:27] | Were you watching that video again? | 你们又在看那个视频吗 |
[03:29] | Recently, the high school dolphin mascot | 最近 高中学校的海豚吉祥物 |
[03:31] | has been, uh, mocking Cam during football games. | 在橄榄球比赛期间 一直在模仿小卡的动作 |
[03:33] | He’s — and I don’t use this word lightly — | 他简直是个… 我一般很少用这个词夸人 |
[03:36] | a genius. | 天才 |
[03:37] | How about we get our heads in the game?! | 你们能不能开始用心打球啊 |
[03:45] | Rick, you’re gonna be streaking through. | 瑞克 你要从中间飞奔过去 |
[03:46] | So it’s gonna be boom, boom. You got it? | 所以要撞开别人飞快地穿过去 明白吗 |
[03:50] | I’m surprised you can’t see the humor | 我很惊讶你竟然无法 |
[03:52] | in what the mascot is doing. | 从那个吉祥物的行为中感受到幽默 |
[03:53] | Isn’t it a lot like clowning? | 这跟扮小丑很像不是吗 |
[03:55] | – What did you just say? – Are you insane? | -你刚说什么 -你是疯了吗 |
[03:57] | Mascot-ing is nothing like clowning! | 扮吉祥物跟小丑表演完全不一样 |
[03:59] | Clowns are descendants of the court jester, | 小丑是宫廷小丑的后代 |
[04:01] | truth-teller to the king. | 是国王的忠实谏臣 |
[04:03] | Mascots know nothing of veritas and beauty. | 吉祥物根本不懂什么真善美 |
[04:06] | Don’t you just make wiener dogs out of balloons? | 你们不就是折气球做小狗吗 |
[04:08] | You are just jealous because no kid ever said, | 你这是嫉妒 因为没有小孩子会说 |
[04:10] | “Hey, Mom, this year for my birthday, | “妈妈 今年我的生日能请一位 |
[04:12] | can we get a narc?” | 缉毒警察来吗” |
[04:14] | Okay, look, I’m — I’m sorry. | 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[04:15] | I’m just stressed out. This mascot is under my skin! | 我压力山大 这个吉祥物让我很不爽 |
[04:18] | I can’t have him making me look like a fool today. | 今天我不能让他害我出丑 |
[04:20] | I just found out a recruiter | 我刚得知一位 |
[04:21] | from the University of North Central Missouri | 北中央密苏里大学的猎头 |
[04:23] | is coming to watch me coach. | 要来看我执教 |
[04:25] | A recruiter? | 猎头 |
[04:26] | Did you apply for a job in Missouri? | 你申请了密苏里州的工作吗 |
[04:28] | I just said I was available. | 我只说了我有空 |
[04:29] | W-Without consulting me? | 都没跟我商量商量 |
[04:31] | Well, you always said you were okay | 你不是一直说可以接受 |
[04:32] | with moving back to Missouri at some point, | 全家搬回密苏里吗 |
[04:34] | turning our little family into a “farmily.” | 把我们的小家乐变成农家乐 |
[04:36] | You know I hate that word. | 你知道我很讨厌那个词 |
[04:37] | Why? It’s descriptive and fun. | 为什么 意思清楚还很有趣啊 |
[04:38] | And you know what? Look, if I got this job, | 而且你知道吗 如果我得到这份工作 |
[04:40] | I would be the first openly gay college football coach | 我就会是历史上第一个公开出柜的 |
[04:43] | in history, | 大学橄榄球教练 |
[04:44] | and I would think you’d support that. | 我以为你会支持的 |
[04:46] | And I would think that you would ask me | 我也以为你会先问过我之后 |
[04:48] | before uprooting our whole farmily — | 才举家搬迁搞农家乐 |
[04:52] | Damn it, it’s in there now! | 该死 我被洗脑了 |
[04:58] | Hello, mis ninos. | 你们好呀 小可爱们 |
[05:01] | Thank you so much for watching the babies for a few hours. | 谢谢你帮我们照看几小时宝宝 |
[05:03] | If you have trouble telling them apart, | 如果你分不清谁是谁 |
[05:05] | just take off their diapers. | 就脱掉他们的纸尿裤 |
[05:06] | I wrote George’s name inside his. | 我在乔治的纸尿裤里面写了他的名字 |
[05:08] | There’s my great-grandchildren. | 我的曾孙们来了 |
[05:09] | Do they recognize faces? | 他们能认人了吗 |
[05:11] | Do I need to start slipping them cash | 我需要给他们塞点钱 |
[05:12] | to let them know who’s in charge? | 好让他们知道谁才是老大吗 |
[05:14] | Grandpa, you don’t need to buy their love. | 外公 你不用花钱贿赂他们 |
[05:16] | Buy mine, and I’ll talk you up. | 给我吧 我会把你夸上天 |
[05:18] | Are we babysitting? Should I cancel golf? | 我们要照顾宝宝吗 我要不要取消高尔夫球 |
[05:20] | No, no, no, no, I know how important it is | 不不不 我知道让你跟你的朋友 |
[05:21] | for you and your friends to complain about | 一起抱怨现在的年轻人 |
[05:23] | how young people today | 跟你们那一代人 |
[05:25] | are slightly different than your generation. | 不太一样是多么重要 |
[05:27] | Vin Diesel is just Telly Savalas | 范·迪塞尔就是嘴里不含棒棒糖 |
[05:30] | without the lollipop and a great catchphrase. | 没什么名言的泰利·萨拉瓦斯而已 |
[05:33] | Okay, and you two, I know how precious alone time is | 好了 你俩 我知道新手爸妈的二人时光 |
[05:36] | for new parents, | 有多宝贵 |
[05:37] | – so everybody go. – Bye-bye! | -所以你们都走吧 -拜拜 |
[05:39] | Have a great afternoon! | 下午玩得开心哦 |
[05:42] | Okay, mis niños, Gloria has planned | 好了 小可爱们 歌洛莉亚为你们 |
[05:43] | a very exciting afternoon for you. | 安排好了一个刺激的下午 |
[05:47] | Let’s see. | 你们看 |
[05:49] | Who is ready to reject Satan | 准备好拒绝撒旦 |
[05:52] | and all his empty promises? | 和他的空头支票了吗 |
[05:56] | Today, I’m having the babies secretly baptized, | 今天 我要偷偷地给宝宝们施洗礼 |
[05:59] | both into Catholicism and into the crazy things | 让他们成为天主教徒 和加入我们这个成员间 |
[06:02] | we do to each other in this family. | 会做各种神经病事的家庭 |
[06:06] | – Absolutely not! – Okay, be reasonable, Tashi. | -绝对不行 -讲点道理 扎西 |
[06:10] | I — Tonight’s a big game for me. | 今晚对我来说是个很重要的比赛 |
[06:11] | I — I need to project authority, | 我必须表现出我的权威 |
[06:14] | and your antics undermine me. | 可你这样捣乱破坏了我的权威 |
[06:16] | Well, buckle up, Coach, | 那就做好准备吧 教练 |
[06:17] | ’cause I’m taking it up a giant notch | 因为我要继续搞大事情 |
[06:19] | and taping today’s game for my college apps. | 把今天的比赛录下来放到我的大学申请里 |
[06:21] | Okay, you’re gonna get into college. | 你肯定能进大学的啊 |
[06:22] | You have fantastic grades. | 你成绩很亮眼 |
[06:23] | Oh, you’re right — an Asian kid with great grades. | 你说得可对了呢 成绩很好的亚洲小孩 |
[06:26] | That’s fresh. | 真新鲜 |
[06:27] | I need to guarantee a spot. | 我必须确保能被录取 |
[06:29] | Mascot-ing sets me apart. | 扮吉祥物就让我很有特点 |
[06:30] | Listen, you little punk. | 听好了 臭小鬼 |
[06:31] | I could suspend you. | 我可以禁你的赛 |
[06:33] | How would your fancy colleges | 你的梦想大学看到 |
[06:34] | like to see that on your record, huh? | 这个记录会怎么想呢 |
[06:36] | Nice try, | 想得美 |
[06:37] | but, uh, my free expression | 但是根据最高法院 |
[06:38] | is protected by the Supreme Court ruling | 在北达科达州诉班迪托案中的裁决 |
[06:40] | in North Dakota vs. Bandito. | 我的自由表达权是受到保护的 |
[06:42] | Oh, you — you halftime hacks. | 你 你这个窃取中场光芒的小偷 |
[06:48] | Is this a clown thing again? | 这又是在为小丑的事不爽吗 |
[06:50] | We clowns have more humanity | 我们小丑一根 |
[06:51] | in one of our whimsically oversized pinkies, | 精灵古怪的超大号小指头 |
[06:55] | more than you do in your entire stinky costume. | 也比穿着臭烘烘连身公仔服的你要有人性 |
[06:59] | You powder-faced elitists, | 你个油头粉面的精英主义者 |
[07:01] | looking down your red noses at everybody! | 戴着你的红鼻子瞧不起所有人 |
[07:03] | Wipe the pie out of your eyes. | 你清醒一点吧 |
[07:05] | The revolution is coming! | 革命就要开始了 |
[07:10] | – Do we really need to do this on a Saturday? – I’m sorry. | -我们非得在周六做吗 -抱歉 |
[07:14] | Nick was supposed to sign these | 尼克本来应该在 |
[07:15] | before he left for Fiji… | 他去斐济之前签好的 |
[07:17] | …and people need to get paid. | 而且大家都得领工资了 |
[07:19] | We don’t all live in mansions. | 我们可不都住这种豪宅 |
[07:22] | This is hardly a mansion, Margaret. | 这算什么豪宅 玛格丽特 |
[07:24] | Whoa, why are we writing a huge check to a shaman? | 我们为什么要给个萨满法师开这么大的支票 |
[07:27] | Oh, Nick took the interns on a vision quest. | 尼克根据萨满预言招实习生 |
[07:30] | Well, the female ones. | 至少女实习生是这样 |
[07:32] | Gross. | 真恶心 |
[07:33] | Hey, guys. Scooter’s here. | 大家好 斯库特[小摩托]到了 |
[07:35] | Great. | 太好了 |
[07:36] | Can’t wait to hear this amazing idea. | 等不及要听听这个绝佳的点子了 |
[07:39] | Hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on. | 等等 等等 |
[07:40] | Can we just remember we’re on the same team | 还记得我们说要立场一致 |
[07:42] | and Luke can’t drop out of school? | 绝不能让卢克退学吗 |
[07:44] | So please don’t make me the bad guy. | 所以别让我当坏人啊 |
[07:45] | Honey, they’re kids. | 亲爱的 他们都还是孩子 |
[07:46] | I don’t want to crush their spirit. | 我不想打击他们的志气 |
[07:47] | They’re just — | 他们只是 |
[07:48] | They’re just looking for a little guidance. | 他们只是想寻求一点指引 |
[07:50] | Oh, we’re gonna guide them right back into college. | 那我们就指引他们回到大学里 |
[07:52] | Margaret, this is gonna take a few minutes. | 玛格丽特 稍等我几分钟 |
[07:53] | Do you mind hanging here while we’re in the living room? | 我们去客厅 你可以在这等会儿吗 |
[07:55] | I’ll just wait here in this other living room. | 我就在这副客厅等着好了 |
[07:59] | My God, the waste. | 老天 暴殄空间啊 |
[08:02] | Mom, Dad, this is Scooter Rivael. | 爸妈 这位是斯库特·李维尔 |
[08:04] | – Phil, Claire, nice to meet you. – Hi. | -菲尔 克莱尔 幸会 -你好 |
[08:07] | Luke said such wonderful things. | 卢克对你们二位赞誉有加 |
[08:09] | Wait. Um, you’re — you’re Scooter? | 等等 你就是斯库特吗 |
[08:11] | I-I was expecting someone younger, | 我本以为会是更年轻一点的人 |
[08:12] | maybe wearing Heelys and a backpack. | 穿滚轮鞋 背双肩书包之类的 |
[08:16] | Uh, well, my real name’s Scott, | 我真名叫斯考特 |
[08:17] | but Luke and I met at the club | 不过在我和卢克相遇的俱乐部里 |
[08:19] | where everyone calls me Scooter. | 大家都叫我斯库特 |
[08:21] | Or worse. | 或更难听的名字 |
[08:23] | So, let’s hear this big idea, huh? | 我们来听听你们的发财大计吧 |
[08:26] | Okay. Well, just like we rehearsed it. | 好 像我们排练的那样说 |
[08:29] | You got this, buddy. | 你可以的 兄弟 |
[08:32] | Remember when I took nighttime medicine in the daytime | 还记得之前我白天吃夜间服用的药 |
[08:34] | and fell down the stairs? | 结果摔下楼梯了吗 |
[08:36] | Yeah. Remember? | 还用问吗 |
[08:37] | I bent all your fingers back into their sockets. | 是我把你脱臼的十根手指一根根扳回去 |
[08:39] | Well, I had to go to three different doctors, | 之后我不得不去看了三种科目的医生 |
[08:41] | and every one of them made me fill out the same forms. | 每个医生都叫我填写同样的表格 |
[08:43] | Introducing FormFiller Med, | 隆重介绍 医疗填表器 |
[08:45] | a secure encrypted mobile app | 这是个安全加密的手机应用 |
[08:47] | that transfers your medical and insurance info | 只需用手机轻碰一下 你的医疗和保险信息 |
[08:49] | to your doctor’s office with a tap of your phone. | 就能转发到你医生的办公室 |
[08:51] | No more filling out the same boring forms over and over again. | 不用再反复填写同样的无聊表格 |
[08:54] | I ran the idea by a couple old guys at the club, | 我给俱乐部几个老家伙说了这个点子 |
[08:56] | – and they loved it. – Yeah, and we weren’t even drunk yet. | -他们都很喜欢 -对 而且我们当时还没醉 |
[09:01] | Alcoholism kills millions of people a day. | 酗酒每天导致数百万人丧命 并不好笑 |
[09:05] | I know what you’re thinking — | 我知道你们在想什么 |
[09:07] | Will doctors go for this? | 医生会支持吗 |
[09:08] | We polled over 200 doctors and medical personnel, | 我们调查了两百多位医生和医务人员 |
[09:11] | and 93% said that they would happily pay our monthly fee | 93%的人说很乐意付我们月费 |
[09:14] | to reduce their administrative load. | 来减轻他们的管理负担 |
[09:16] | But don’t, uh, doctor’s offices | 但医生办公室 |
[09:18] | all use, like, different systems? | 不都用各自的系统吗 |
[09:20] | Great question, Claire. | 问得好 克莱尔 |
[09:21] | The top two medical software systems | 最大的两个医疗软件系统 |
[09:23] | have 90% market share, | 市场占有率为90% |
[09:24] | and we’re compatible with both. | 我们与这两个都兼容 |
[09:26] | Wow. And, uh, what do you do, Scooter? | 厉害 那你负责做什么 斯库特 |
[09:28] | Other than befriend children, I mean. | 我指除了跟小孩交朋友之外 |
[09:29] | I’m a venture capitalist. | 我是风险投资人 |
[09:31] | I’ve invested in 22 companies over the last 30 years | 我在过去30几年里 投资了22家公司 |
[09:34] | and personally led three of them | 并亲自带领其中三家 |
[09:36] | from initial concept through IPO. | 从初始概念发展到首次公开募股 |
[09:38] | Fascinating. | 了不起 |
[09:39] | You ever thought about starting a business | 你有没有考虑过跟你自己儿子 |
[09:40] | with, um, I don’t know, your — your own son? | 一起创业呢 |
[09:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:46] | Let me show you the device itself. | 让我为你们展示设备本身 |
[09:49] | All a doctor’s office has to do | 医生办公室只需 |
[09:51] | is plug this into the USB slot of their reception room computer. | 把它插入接待处电脑的USB接口 |
[09:56] | A patient opens the app on their phone | 病人打开手机上的应用 |
[09:58] | and taps it against the device. | 接着用手机碰触设备 |
[10:00] | And just like that, | 然后你们看 |
[10:02] | all of your encrypted and pertinent | 所有你们加密和相关的 |
[10:03] | medical and insurance information | 医疗及保险信息 |
[10:05] | is instantly in your doctor’s database. | 便即刻出现在医生的数据库里 |
[10:07] | Well, I am so sorry, guys, | 真抱歉 二位 |
[10:09] | but I like filling out medical forms, | 但我就喜欢填医疗表格 |
[10:11] | and I think there are millions of | 我想还有数百万 |
[10:12] | hardworking Americans just like me, | 辛勤工作的美国人跟我一样 |
[10:13] | so this Shark is out. | 所以我这个投资大鲨[投资真人秀]退出 |
[10:15] | Uh, Mom? | 老妈 |
[10:16] | Oh, good luck with that one. | 祝你好运攻下她 |
[10:17] | She’s a lot tougher than me. | 她可比我难对付多了 |
[10:19] | Well, it brings me absolutely no joy to say this. | 我接下来要说的话不会为我带来一丝快乐 |
[10:22] | Luke, I’m impressed. | 卢克 你太牛掰了 |
[10:23] | – But…? – But nothing. | -可是呢 -没有可是 |
[10:25] | Do you have any idea | 你知道 |
[10:26] | how much I hate filling out those medical forms? | 我有多讨厌填那些破医疗表格吗 |
[10:28] | It seems like you have really done your homework, | 看起来你真的做了很多功课 |
[10:30] | and most importantly, you got a great partner here. | 而且最重要的是 你有个很棒的搭档 |
[10:35] | I say go for it. | 大胆去做吧 |
[10:36] | Seriously? | 你认真的吗 |
[10:37] | Psst, Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[10:38] | Um, I have Nick on the phone from Fiji. | 尼克从斐济打来找你 |
[10:41] | We’re in the middle of something, Margaret. | 我们在忙没空接 玛格丽特 |
[10:42] | He says it’s an emergency. | 他说有急事 |
[10:45] | He’s on my phone. | 他打的是我的手机 |
[10:46] | It’s in the solarium. | 在日光浴室里 |
[10:48] | It’s a bay window, Margaret. | 那是飘窗而已 玛格丽特 |
[10:49] | We did it, buddy! | 我们做到了 兄弟 |
[10:50] | Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on. | 等一下 先别急着抱 |
[10:52] | It’s not settled yet. | 这事还没定下来呢 |
[10:53] | Well, I thought we heard a yes. | 刚才不是听到有人首肯了吗 |
[10:55] | No, I’m — I’m still having a conversation with my wife. | 不 我还要跟我太太商量一下 |
[10:57] | Please, make yourself comfortable. | 你先放轻松坐好 |
[10:59] | Maybe kick off those rubber-soled shoes | 要不把你那双胶底鞋脱了 |
[11:01] | while I grab you an instantly cold beverage. | 我去给你拿杯即时速冻冷饮[让他触电] |
[11:04] | “I’m just your husband.” “Oh, your husband?” | “我是你老公啊” “你老公啊” |
[11:06] | “You’re gossiping. That’s what I do.” | “你在八卦 我最喜欢八卦了” |
[11:07] | Looks like someone had a fight. | 某人似乎刚吵完架哦 |
[11:09] | Hey, um, Mrs. Pasternack. | 你好 帕斯特纳克太太 |
[11:11] | Um, was it that obvious? | 有这么明显吗 |
[11:13] | Eh. I say that to everyone. | 我见到谁都这么说 |
[11:14] | More often than not, I’m right. | 多半时候都说对了 |
[11:16] | Martini? | 喝马天尼吗 |
[11:17] | No thanks, I’m — I’m good. | 不用了谢谢 我很好 |
[11:18] | No, you’re not. | 不 你才不好 |
[11:20] | Marriage is hard. | 婚姻好难 |
[11:21] | I know! | 我知道啊 |
[11:23] | Everyone’s always trying to change each other. | 每个人都总想要改变对方 |
[11:26] | It’s like, I’m an adult film director | 就好像 我是成人电影导演 |
[11:28] | who collects Precious Moments Dolls. | 喜欢收集宝贝时光牌的可爱娃娃 |
[11:30] | Let me be me! | 让我随心做自己吧 |
[11:32] | So, what’s up with you two? | 你们俩闹什么矛盾了 |
[11:33] | Uh, Cam started looking for a job out of state | 小卡开始找其他州的工作 |
[11:37] | with– without consulting me. | 却没有事先跟我商量 |
[11:38] | Don’t worry. You’ll meet someone else. | 别担心 你会遇见其他良人的 |
[11:40] | No, he wants me to go with him. | 不 他希望我跟他一起去 |
[11:41] | Ah, that’s the Cam I know. | 这才是我认识的小卡 |
[11:44] | He’s always going on about you. | 他天天念叨的都是你 |
[11:46] | He is? | 是吗 |
[11:47] | Haven’t you ever seen his Facebook page? | 你从没看过他的脸书主页吗 |
[11:49] | He’s obsessed with you. | 他迷死你了 |
[11:51] | “How gorgeous does Mitchell look in this picture?” | “这张照片里的米奇尔多好看” |
[11:55] | “Proud to be married to a man who fights for justice.” | “能和一个为正义而战的人结婚真骄傲” |
[11:58] | “Mitchell over his cold. | “米奇尔的感冒好了 |
[12:00] | Hope my hubby brings the love tonight.” | 希望我老公今晚能跟我好好腻乎一下” |
[12:02] | Ew, my dad liked that. Euch. | 我爸给这条点赞了 恶心 |
[12:04] | All right, Lily, I’m on my way to the game. | 好吧 莉莉 我要去看比赛了 |
[12:06] | How bad is it? | 情况很糟吗 |
[12:07] | The dolphin is eviscerating Dad. | 大爸快被海豚虐死了 |
[12:13] | Oh, if it was me, he would totally do something. | 如果是我被虐 他肯定会想办法 |
[12:15] | But what?! Ah, just give me a sign! | 可我该怎么做 给我个提示[标牌] |
[12:21] | Is there any way I could just throw money at it? | 老天爷 有没有花点钱就能解决的办法 |
[12:40] | Except for Father Ramirez, | 除了拉米雷斯神父 |
[12:42] | all the priests I asked | 我问的每位牧师 |
[12:43] | were “Uncomfortable” with my secret baptism. | 都觉得秘密受洗”不太妥当” |
[12:47] | They said it was “borderline kidnapping,” | 说这事”基本和绑架一样” |
[12:50] | that they found my trickery “devilish.” | 还说我的小诡计”像魔鬼一样” |
[12:53] | It’s like, when did Catholics become so judgmental? | 天主教什么时候这么爱评判人了 |
[13:30] | Jay, you’re back! | 杰 你回来了 |
[13:32] | Why do you sound surprised? | 你为什么听起来这么诧异 |
[13:33] | You cut my brakes or something? | 像没指望我能活着回来似的 |
[13:36] | What the hell’s a priest doing here? | 家里为什么有个牧师 |
[13:37] | Oh, it’s just a check-up. | 不过是来检查一下 |
[13:39] | One of the babies maybe is…possessed. | 宝宝之一或许被附身了 |
[13:43] | Wait, are you baptizing them behind Haley | 等等 你要瞒着海莉和那个谁 |
[13:45] | and what’s-his-name’s back? | 让宝宝们受洗 |
[13:46] | You can’t do that to other people’s kids! | 你不能对别人的孩子这样做 |
[13:48] | It’s not a big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[13:49] | If it works, the babies are protected, | 有用的话 宝宝们会受到保护 |
[13:52] | their souls are safe, | 她们的灵魂就安全了 |
[13:53] | and they’re gonna spend eternity in Heaven. | 可以在天堂直到永远 |
[13:55] | If it doesn’t, | 如果没用 |
[13:56] | it’s just like I gave them a little bath. | 就像洗了个澡一样 |
[14:02] | “Viejo.” I know that word. | “老”字我听得懂 |
[14:05] | Did Father Time here just call me old? | 这位时光老人居然说我老 |
[14:07] | Okay, let’s all calm down. | 好了 我们冷静点 |
[14:09] | Let’s introduce the babies to the one true God, | 让宝宝们投入唯一的真神的怀抱 |
[14:11] | then we’ll have some coffee cake. | 然后一起吃些咖啡蛋糕 |
[14:13] | You know you’re crossing a line here. | 你知道你这么做过分了 |
[14:15] | Haley and Dylan doesn’t even have to know. | 不用让海莉和迪兰知道 |
[14:17] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[14:19] | Why is there a priest here? | 家里为什么有个牧师 |
[14:21] | I told you, Poppy’s possessed! | 我跟你说过 茵素被附身了 |
[14:23] | Everybody can see it but you. | 除了你别人都看出来了 |
[14:27] | Why didn’t you just ask us? | 你就问问我们不行吗 |
[14:31] | I did. I did ask you. | 我问过 我问过你 |
[14:33] | You said yes. I think you were very drunk. | 你答应了 我想你当时喝得很醉 |
[14:35] | Haley, New-Phil, | 海莉 新菲尔 |
[14:37] | do you really want this baptism? | 你们真的想让孩子受洗吗 |
[14:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:40] | We’ve barely thought about it. | 我们没怎么想过这个问题 |
[14:42] | Dylan did say that he was going to research some religions. | 迪兰确实说过会研究一下宗教的事 |
[14:45] | I’m halfway through this Jim Jones documentary. | 吉姆·琼斯纪录片我刚看了一半 |
[14:48] | So far, that religion seems pretty cool. | 目前觉得那个宗教挺酷的[是个邪教] |
[14:50] | I’m sorry that I didn’t ask you before. | 很抱歉我没事先问你 |
[14:52] | I really wanted to do this for George and Poppy. | 我真的想让乔治和茵素受洗 |
[14:55] | Baptism is gonna allow their souls | 受洗会让他们的灵魂 |
[14:58] | to find eternal peace. | 找到永恒的平和 |
[15:00] | What’s the catch? | 有什么代价 |
[15:01] | Well, there’s a lot of donations | 总是要捐款 |
[15:03] | and some shame around sex, | 还要为性爱感到羞耻 |
[15:04] | but Christmas is fun. | 但圣诞节很热闹 |
[15:06] | I don’t even know how I can decide, | 我都不知道该怎么决定 |
[15:08] | but I guess it can’t hurt. | 但我想没什么大问题 |
[15:11] | You’re going to the kingdom of Heaven. | 你们能去天国了 |
[15:14] | And there, you’re going to join the souls of some of our greats, | 在那 你们会与人类最优秀的灵魂相遇 |
[15:18] | like Joan of Arc, Mother Theresa, | 例如圣女贞德 特蕾莎修女 |
[15:20] | Danny DeVito when he dies. | 早晚会死的丹尼·德维托 |
[15:23] | Go. | 开始吧 |
[15:24] | Yes. | 好的 |
[15:29] | – Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. – What now? | -等等 等等 等等 -又怎么了 |
[15:32] | Well, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[15:33] | It just — It suddenly just got very real, | 只是 这突然间变得好真实 |
[15:35] | and it does not feel right to end, | 让他做完就是感觉不对 |
[15:36] | and I don’t know why, | 我不知道为什么 |
[15:38] | Grandpa, am I making too much of this? I — | 外公 是我反应过度了吗 |
[15:40] | Don’t ask him because he doesn’t even believe in God. | 别问他 因为他根本不信上帝 |
[15:42] | I just don’t think | 我只是不觉得 |
[15:43] | you need church, costumes, all that stuff | 人需要教堂和袍子那些东西 |
[15:46] | to feel a higher power. | 来感受神圣的力量 |
[15:48] | But you think there is one? | 但你相信它的存在 |
[15:50] | Yeah, I felt it when my kids were born, | 是的 我在孩子们出生时感受到了 |
[15:51] | and, um, when I met this crazy woman here | 当我遇到这个想共度一生的疯女人 |
[15:53] | that I want to spend the rest of my life with, | 我也感受到了 |
[15:55] | but, you know, it can be just a normal everyday thing, too. | 但也可以是日常小事 |
[15:58] | You know, like the way it makes me feel | 好比我听到棒球飞进手套时 |
[15:59] | when I hear a baseball thump into a mitt | 所体验的那种感觉 |
[16:01] | or the way Tom Waits’ voice | 或是汤姆·威兹的声音 |
[16:04] | can somehow be ugly and beautiful at the same time. | 莫名地难听又好听 |
[16:07] | Am I making any sense? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[16:09] | You know, last year, Dylan and I went to Yosemite, | 去年 迪兰和我去了优胜美地国家公园 |
[16:12] | and we woke up really early one morning, | 某个清晨我们很早就醒了 |
[16:14] | and it was just us and those gorgeous mountains, | 我们静静望着那些峻美的群山 |
[16:17] | a bunch of huge trees, and a family of deer. | 那么多参天大树 大鹿带着小鹿 |
[16:22] | It was so beautiful, | 是那么美好 |
[16:24] | and it made me feel like I was connected | 让我觉得我和某种更伟大的能量 |
[16:26] | to something bigger than myself. | 联系在了一起 |
[16:28] | You know what, maybe one day | 或许某天 |
[16:30] | we can get them baptized in a church, | 我们会让他们在教堂受洗 |
[16:31] | but for now, | 但现在 |
[16:33] | why don’t we take them up to Yosemite | 我们何不带他们去优胜美地国家公园 |
[16:35] | and look up and say thank you? | 然后仰望天空说谢谢 |
[16:40] | That sounds like a great plan, Haley. | 听上去是个很棒的计划 海莉 |
[16:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:43] | And maybe roast some marshmallows while you’re there | 你在那里的时候可以烤些棉花糖 |
[16:45] | so that they get used to being around fire. | 这样他们就会习惯接近火[地狱]了 |
[16:48] | No, Nick, you can’t keep taking money from marketing. | 不 尼克 你不能一直从市场部拿钱 |
[16:50] | They need — | 他们需要 |
[16:51] | What? | 什么 |
[16:52] | No, I will not stay on the phone | 你在度假的时候 |
[16:54] | while you moon a cruise ship. | 我不会和你一直保持联系 |
[16:56] | Are you — | 你是 |
[16:57] | – Claire? – Hang on. | -克莱尔 -等等 |
[16:58] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[16:59] | What was that out there? | 那是什么 |
[16:59] | I thought we were supposed to be on the same team. | 我以为我们是一队的 |
[17:02] | We are. I — | 我们是啊 |
[17:03] | They’ve got a great idea. | 他们有个好主意 |
[17:04] | You’re just jealous because Luke went to Scooter | 你只是嫉妒因为卢克寻求了斯库特的帮助 |
[17:06] | and not to you. | 而不是来找你 |
[17:07] | That is not true. | 才不是 |
[17:08] | Really? You don’t think they’re on to something? | 真的吗 你不觉得他们有点东西吗 |
[17:10] | It’s an amazing idea. Okay. | 是个很棒的想法 好吧 |
[17:12] | But why didn’t he come to me? | 但他为什么不来找我 |
[17:14] | Because you love everything I do. | 因为你爱我所做的一切 |
[17:17] | I wanted to make sure this was actually a good idea. | 我想确定这真的是个好主意 |
[17:19] | That is so smart. | 这个想法太机智了 |
[17:21] | How is someone this handsome — | 怎么会有人这么帅又… |
[17:22] | Okay, this is what I’m talking about. | 我刚才说的就是你这样 |
[17:25] | I love inventing with you, but this is a business. | 我喜欢和你一起发明 但这是生意 |
[17:28] | And Scooter has a lot of experience. | 斯库特有很多经验 |
[17:30] | That doesn’t take away from | 这并不代表 |
[17:31] | all of the things that we’ve made together. | 我们共同创造的一切就不重要 |
[17:33] | All of that stuff brought me here. | 是它们带领我走到了现在 |
[17:35] | – Really? – You can’t spell FormFiller without Phil. | -真的吗 -表格填写[fill]的拼写中少不了Phil[菲尔] |
[17:38] | But you know you can, right? | 但你知道是可以的吧 |
[17:40] | The man’s hurting. I’m throwing him a bone. | 他很伤心 我是在安慰他 |
[17:42] | I’m proud of you, Luke. | 真为你骄傲 卢克 |
[17:43] | Damn it, I’m proud of Scooter, too. | 见鬼 我也为斯库特骄傲 |
[17:47] | Wow. | 哇 |
[17:48] | You know, seeing your guys’ pitch, | 看到你们报告想法时 |
[17:50] | and the — the passion, that sparkle in your eye, | 眼中闪耀的狂热还有热情 |
[17:54] | I — I don’t remember the last time | 我都不记得上次见你 |
[17:57] | I saw you care about anything that much. | 这么在乎一件事是什么时候了 |
[18:01] | I don’t remember the last time I did. | 我也不记得我上次是什么时候 |
[18:03] | That’s super hurtful. | 这真是太伤人了 |
[18:04] | No, sweetie, I’m talking about work. | 没有 亲爱的 我指的是工作 |
[18:06] | I — Honestly, I used to get up in the morning, | 说实话 我以前早上起床的时候 |
[18:08] | and I couldn’t wait to get to the office. | 我迫不及待地要上班 |
[18:11] | And now I dread it. | 现在我感到害怕 |
[18:13] | I do. | 没错 |
[18:14] | I miss loving my job or even liking it. | 我怀念热爱工作或者喜欢工作的日子 |
[18:19] | Now all I do is put out fires and manage complaints | 现在我做的就是为别人擦屁股 处理投诉 |
[18:22] | and — and lose sleep over stuff | 还因为一些无关紧要的 |
[18:25] | that really doesn’t matter. | 事情而失眠 |
[18:30] | Yeah. I think I’m — | 是啊 我想我 |
[18:32] | I think I’m gonna quit my job. | 我想我要辞职了 |
[18:34] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[18:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:37] | Is that — Is that crazy? | 这疯狂吗 |
[18:39] | Uh, no. No, not necessarily. | 没有 倒不是 |
[18:42] | I mean, crazy is sticking with something | 我的意思是 疯狂是坚持 |
[18:44] | that’s been making you miserable for months | 做一件让你痛苦几个月的事情 |
[18:46] | when there are so many companies out there | 而现在有很多公司 |
[18:48] | who would want someone with your skills. | 都想要你这样的人才 |
[18:51] | Hey, Nick, you still there? | 尼克 你还在吗 |
[18:52] | I told my son this morning that he should never quit. | 我今天早上告诉我儿子 他不应该放弃 |
[18:55] | Well, I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[18:57] | I’m out. | 我退出 |
[19:01] | Aah! That felt so good! | 天哪 感觉太好了 |
[19:03] | It was so scary, but it was so good. | 太可怕了 但感觉太好了 |
[19:05] | I’m so proud of you, too! | 我也真为你骄傲 |
[19:08] | Hear, hear! | 听着 |
[19:09] | To our next adventure! | 致我们下一场冒险 |
[19:11] | Oh, I found this in the wine cellar. | 我在酒窖里找到的 |
[19:13] | It’s a basement, Margaret. | 那是个地下室 玛格丽特 |
[19:15] | No, no, close the gap! | 快 快 超过他 |
[19:16] | Ball, ball, ball, ball, ball! | 球 球 球 球 球 |
[19:21] | It was a nightmare. | 简直是场噩梦 |
[19:23] | The biggest opportunity of my career, | 这是我职业生涯中最大的机会 |
[19:25] | and I couldn’t focus. | 而我无法集中 |
[19:26] | I tried not to make any mockable movements. | 我尽量不做出任何可笑的动作 |
[19:29] | David Tashi was just operating at too high a level. | 大卫·达西的水平太高了 |
[19:33] | But then something wonderful happened. | 但后来奇妙的事情发生了 |
[19:40] | Oh. You hurt me. | 天哪 你打我 |
[19:42] | That’s when I realized I knew that chicken — | 就在那时 我意识到我认识那只鸡 |
[19:45] | those weak punches, | 那弱弱的拳头 |
[19:46] | a run that said “pick me last” in gym class. | 体育课时脸上写着”最后再来选我”的小跑 |
[19:49] | It was my Mitchell. | 那是我的米奇尔 |
[19:50] | Okay, guys, come on! Let’s huddle up. Huddle up. | 大伙 过来 围过来 集合 |
[19:52] | Let’s get out there and play our hearts out. | 我们离开那里 好好打比赛 |
[19:53] | Let’s go, let’s go! Bring it in! | 走吧 走吧 快过来 |
[19:56] | Pitkowski, come on. | 皮特科夫斯基 快来 |
[19:56] | Something more interesting going on over there? | 那边更有意思吗 |
[19:58] | Yeah, does anybody else | 是啊 还有人能看见 |
[19:59] | see the dolphin fighting the chicken? | 海豚和鸡在打架吗 |
[20:01] | ‘Cause I got hit pretty hard in the head earlier. | 因为我之前头被狠狠的打中过 |
[20:04] | All right, let’s go. | 好了 过来 |
[20:05] | All right, so this is what we’re gonna do. | 我们接下要这么做 |
[20:07] | We’re gonna go up, right, you’re gonna be cutting… | 我们上场 我们要断 |
[20:15] | Where’s Daddy? | 爸爸在哪里 |
[20:16] | He went to go return the chicken costume. | 他去还小鸡服了 |
[20:18] | That was like two hours ago. | 那是两个小时前的事情了 |
[20:20] | You don’t think… | 你不会认为 |
[20:22] | Okay, Mitchell? | 米奇尔 |
[20:24] | Is that you in the mascot costume? | 吉祥物里是你吗 |
[20:28] | Is someone forcing you to do that? | 有人逼你这么做吗 |
[20:31] | Okay, then get in the car now. | 那就赶紧上车 |
[20:33] | I stayed in California. | 我住在加利福尼亚 |
[20:34] | I married outside of my religion. | 我的婚姻违背了我的宗教信仰 |
[20:36] | I spend every waking moment with your family. | 我醒着的时候都和你家人在一起 |
[20:39] | But my love is not unconditional. | 但我的爱不是无条件的 |
[20:43] | Oh, Okay. | 好的 |
[20:46] | I love it when they honk from me. | 我喜欢人们朝我按喇叭[也可是调戏] |