时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | At the beginning of every procedure | 在进行每个操作之前 |
[00:04] | I typically try to close my eyes | 我都会闭上眼睛 |
[00:10] | and visualize my breath. | 想象呼吸进来的空气 |
[00:12] | In through the nose, | 通过鼻腔 |
[00:15] | then all around the sinuses. | 通过各个窦道四处扩散 |
[00:18] | First, the Maxilla, then the Ethmoid, then the Frontal. | 首先是上颌窦 然后筛窦 再是额窦 |
[00:22] | I visualize the breath going from | 我想象着呼吸的空气 |
[00:24] | my trachea down to the lungs. | 通过气管进入肺部 |
[00:33] | I got sent back. | 我被送回来了 |
[00:37] | It wasn’t my time. | 我还不该死 |
[00:39] | I went too soon. | 我死得太早了 |
[00:42] | Too soon, Dr. Wilson. | 太早了 威尔逊医生 |
[00:44] | – Too soon. – Too soon. | -太早了 -太早了 |
[00:46] | Too soon, babe. | 太早了 亲爱的 |
[01:17] | She came in last night, nearly collapsed, | 她昨晚入院 腹部疼痛剧烈 |
[01:19] | severe abdominal pain, which has since spread to her chest, | 几乎晕过去 随后扩散到胸部 |
[01:22] | fever, muscle soreness. | 伴有发热和肌肉疼痛 |
[01:24] | I thought Ischemic process, but it doesn’t fit her history. | 我觉得是缺血性疾病 但与她的病史不符 |
[01:27] | We’ve considered gastritis, cirrhosis of the liver, | 我们考虑了胃炎 肝硬化 |
[01:29] | – TB, hepatitis… – Did you order a differential? | -结核 肝炎 -你做鉴别诊断了吗 |
[01:31] | I did, and it doesn’t look good. | 做了 但不是很明确 |
[01:33] | Her white blood cell count is spiking, | 她的白细胞数在猛增 |
[01:35] | and at this point, we’re stumped. | 现在我们也没招了 |
[01:36] | I realize that you’re not an internist, | 我知道你不是内科医生 |
[01:38] | but on the chance you’ve got another diagnostic rabbit | 但我还是希望你能帮忙想想办法 |
[01:41] | – you could pull out of your hat… – Call Gato. | -给点新的诊断意见 -叫加多来 |
[01:43] | The trauma chief? | 创伤科主任 |
[01:45] | You want to find out what’s wrong with this woman? | 你想知道她到底得的是什么病吗 |
[01:46] | Call Gato. | 找加多来 |
[01:48] | I don’t understand. Need surgery. | 我真不明白 你得做手术 |
[01:51] | I understand, and my decision is not to have the surgery. | 我明白 但我决定不做手术 |
[01:56] | Not do, dead. Need surgery. | 不做会死 必须手术 |
[01:59] | She’s thought a lot about this, doctor. | 她已经考虑得很仔细了 医生 |
[02:02] | She understands the risk. | 她知道手术的风险 |
[02:04] | She 13. | 她才13岁 |
[02:07] | Look picture. Hmm? Localized, but growing. | 看片子 局灶性的 但在生长 |
[02:10] | I’ve seen the scan, and, no offense, | 我看过片子了 冒昧说一句 |
[02:12] | but I probably know more about brain-stem Gliomas by now | 也许我现在比大多数神经外科医生 |
[02:16] | than most neurosurgeons. | 都更懂脑干胶质瘤 |
[02:18] | If I have the procedure, the likelihood | 如果我接受手术 有可能 |
[02:20] | – is you won’t be able get it all… – Chance will. | -你无法完全将其摘除 -也许能的 |
[02:22] | In which case, I will get chemo, radiation, | 那样的话 我就得接受放化疗 |
[02:25] | and the drugs would wreck my brain, my organs. | 那些药会毁掉我的脑子和其它器官 |
[02:28] | – Look, surgery is only… – I’ve had surgery! | -听着 手术只是 -我做过手术 |
[02:31] | – Need again. – No! | -再做一次 -不 |
[02:37] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[02:41] | Enough is enough. | 真的受够了 |
[02:45] | Not do, dead. | 不做 会死 |
[03:09] | Where the hell is Gato? | 加多哪儿去了 |
[03:10] | He stepped out for a minute. He’ll be back any second. | 他刚刚出去了 随时都会回来 |
[03:13] | -You. You’re a neuro resident? -Yes, sir. | -你是神经科住院医生吗 -是的 |
[03:15] | I need you to pronounce this man dead. Quickly, please. | 我需要你宣告这个人死亡 请快点 |
[03:17] | – I beg your pardon? – Gunshot to the head. | -您说什么 -头部中枪 |
[03:19] | He’s got an Organ-donor Card, | 他有器官捐献卡 |
[03:20] | but we need to pronounce him brain-dead. | 但我们得宣布他脑死亡才能起效 |
[03:22] | Uh, this man is… not my patient. | 他不是我的患者 |
[03:25] | He’s nobody’s patient at this point. | 他现在谁的患者都不是 |
[03:26] | He’s a donor, whose organs I cannot harvest | 他是器官捐献者 你不宣告他脑死亡 |
[03:28] | until you pronounce him Brian-dead. | 我就无法摘取器官 |
[03:29] | – Well, can’t you? – No, I cannot. | -你不能宣告吗 -我不行 |
[03:31] | The transplant surgeon is not permitted to do the final. | 移植科的医生不可以做死亡宣告 |
[03:33] | Could you get on with it, please? | 抓紧开始吧 拜托 |
[03:36] | I’ve got a man waiting for this heart. | 我这边还有人正等着他的心脏呢 |
[03:40] | Sir? Sir. I’m Dr. Robidaux. | 先生 我是罗比多医生 |
[03:43] | Uh, can you open your… Eye? | 您能睁开 眼睛吗 |
[03:46] | – Oh, great. – Can you hear me, sir? | -真够了 -您能听见我说话吗 |
[03:48] | Could be that he’s a poor listener, | 没准他听力不太好 |
[03:49] | or that he doesn’t have a head. | 也没准他是没有脑子 |
[03:53] | – Mister…? – Jasper. Gavin Jasper. | -这位先生…-加文·贾斯珀 |
[03:56] | Where the hell is Gato? | 加多到底死哪去了 |
[03:59] | Uh, pupils fixed and, uh, dilated. | 瞳孔固定 散大 |
[04:05] | No response to pain stimulus. | 疼痛刺激无反应 |
[04:09] | Mr. Jasper, if you can hear me, could you take my hand? | 贾斯珀先生 能听见我的话请握我的手 |
[04:13] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[04:18] | That’s brainstem reflex. | 这是脑干反射 |
[04:20] | A reflex? | 反射 |
[04:23] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[04:25] | Mr. Jasper, hold up a finger, please. | 贾斯珀先生 请举起一根手指 |
[04:36] | Would you like me to second that motion? | 我可以对这个手势表示一下赞同吗 |
[05:00] | Does he speak? | 他会开口的吧 |
[05:03] | He’ll figure it out. | 他能搞定的 |
[05:12] | 50 bucks. | 赌五十块 |
[05:15] | A hundred. | 一百 |
[05:17] | Two. | 两百 |
[05:18] | Done. | 成交 |
[05:20] | Mrs. Gonzales? I’m Dr. Villanueva. | 贡萨雷斯女士 我是维兰纽瓦医生 |
[05:23] | How you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[05:26] | Do you like to cook? | 你喜欢烹饪吗 |
[05:28] | – Yes. – Do you make Linguica Chorizo? | -是的 -你会做辣烤香肠吗 |
[05:32] | Yes. | 会 |
[05:34] | The other day. | 前几天做过 |
[05:36] | Ah, muy bueno. | 很好 |
[05:38] | Trichinosis. | 旋毛虫病 |
[05:40] | I beg your pardon? | 您说什么 |
[05:41] | Well, see the little cut on her finger? | 看见她手指的小伤口了吗 |
[05:43] | She probably touched the seasoning on the raw pork. | 她大概接触了生猪肉上的佐料 |
[05:47] | This lady’s got worms. | 这位女士感染了寄生虫 |
[05:55] | Damn. | 该死 |
[05:56] | You owe her 200 bucks. | 你欠她200块 |
[06:02] | Bu… | 但… |
[06:15] | Right, let’s get started, shall we? | 我们开始吧 好吗 |
[06:17] | First, a very good Monday morning to all of you. | 首先 大家周一清晨愉快 |
[06:20] | Dr. Ridgeway? Please join us on stage. | 里奇韦医生 请上台 |
[06:27] | I have here the file on Francine Cash. | 这里是弗朗辛·卡什的病历 |
[06:31] | Would you do the honors? | 你来给大家说说吧 |
[06:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:41] | Francine Cash arrived at Chelsea General | 弗朗辛·卡什于10月23日 |
[06:44] | on October 23rd with a Meningioma. | 因脑膜瘤入住本院 |
[06:46] | A procedure to remove the tumor | 切除手术安排在26日 |
[06:48] | was scheduled and performed on the 26th. | 并如期完成 |
[06:50] | The procedure seemingly went well with no incident. | 手术似乎进行得挺顺利 没有出事故 |
[06:53] | “Seemingly”? | 似乎 |
[06:55] | Would you walk us through it, please, doctor? | 你能给我们详细说说过程吗 医生 |
[06:59] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[07:01] | -After I… – Actually, before we get to that, | -在我 -实际上 在这之前 |
[07:03] | I assume Ms. Cash was informed as to | 我想卡什小姐已经被告知了 |
[07:06] | the risks of the surgery, and she consented to it? | 手术的风险 她也同意了对吧 |
[07:09] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[07:10] | Excellent. What were those risks, doctor? | 很好 具体风险有哪些呢 医生 |
[07:15] | There were several… | 有好几项风险 |
[07:17] | Uh, bleeding, infection, stroke, | 包括出血 感染 中风 |
[07:19] | possible damage to the olfactory nerve, | 可能对嗅觉神经造成损伤 |
[07:21] | – which ran proximate to the growth. – Yes, that one. | -因为它与肿瘤贴得很近 -就是这个 |
[07:23] | Let’s talk about that risk, doctor. | 我们来谈谈那个风险吧 医生 |
[07:27] | Well, should the olfactory nerve be either nicked or cut, | 如果嗅觉神经被离断或切伤 |
[07:30] | the patient could lose her sense of smell. | 患者就会失去嗅觉能力 |
[07:32] | The patient was told this? | 患者知道这一点吗 |
[07:33] | -Yes. -Did you personally tell her? | -是的 -是你亲自告诉她的吗 |
[07:37] | That would have been the responsibility of the resident | 这属于住院医生的职责范围 |
[07:39] | to go over the risks with the patient | 告知患者手术的所有风险 |
[07:41] | and have the patient sign the consent form. | 让患者签手术知情同意书 |
[07:42] | So, personally, you have no idea what risks… if any… | 所以你本人并不清楚弗朗辛·卡什 |
[07:45] | Francine Cash was made aware of before the surgery? | 在手术前具体被告知了哪些风险 |
[07:50] | We could ask the resident. | 我们可以问住院医生 |
[07:52] | – And who would that be? – Michelle Robidaux. | -请问是哪位 -米歇尔·罗比多 |
[07:56] | Excellent. But before we get to Dr. Robidaux, | 很好 但在询问罗比多医生之前 |
[07:59] | once again, | 我再问一次 |
[08:01] | do you have any direct personal knowledge of what risks | 你本人是否清楚在手术前 |
[08:04] | that Francine Cash was told about before the surgery? | 弗朗辛·卡什被告知了哪些风险 |
[08:07] | No. I did not personally hear | 不知道 我并没有亲耳听见 |
[08:09] | what Francine Cash was told before her surgery. | 弗朗辛·卡什在手术前被告知的内容 |
[08:16] | Uh, please walk us through the procedure, doctor. | 请跟我们说说具体的手术过程吧 医生 |
[08:21] | After the patient’s head was immobilized, | 患者的头部被固定之后 |
[08:24] | an incision was made on the scalp | 我们切开她的头皮 |
[08:25] | and the skull was exposed. | 直到露出颅骨 |
[08:27] | Entry to the brain was made through a burr hole | 我们在卡什小姐右眼后方颅骨上钻孔 |
[08:28] | behind Ms. Cash’s right eye. | 以进入脑 |
[08:30] | From there, it was a matter of gently cutting away | 随后小心地逐层切入 |
[08:32] | the outer layers of the brain and then resecting the tumor. | 暴露肿瘤并将其切除 |
[08:35] | Oh, you describe it very well. | 你描述得非常详细 |
[08:38] | Do you know, I can almost… | 你知道吗 我几乎可以… |
[08:39] | I can almost visualize you doing it. | 我几乎可以想象出你操作时的画面 |
[08:43] | Did you do the surgery, Dr. Ridgeway? | 是你主刀吗 里奇韦医生 |
[08:47] | -No. -No? Who was operating? | -不是 -不是 那是谁主刀 |
[08:51] | Dr. Robidaux. | 罗比多医生 |
[08:54] | Dr. Robidaux? | 罗比多医生 |
[08:57] | You allowed a doctor-in-training to | 你允许一个实习医生 |
[08:59] | operate on this young woman’s brain? | 去给那位年轻小姐的大脑做手术 |
[09:00] | Dr. Robidaux is an extremely competent neuro resident. | 罗比多医生是一位能力很强的神经科住院医生 |
[09:03] | And Francine Cash was someone she could practice on? | 所以她就拿弗朗辛·卡什做练习吗 |
[09:06] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[09:09] | Well, how is it that Dr. Robidaux was chosen to | 为什么罗比多医生会被选中 |
[09:12] | – operate on Ms. Cash? – That was my decision. | -给卡什小姐做手术呢 -我决定的 |
[09:14] | A decision I made because she was perfectly capable | 我做出那样的决定是因为她完全有能力 |
[09:16] | of handling a Meningioma. | 做脑膜瘤手术 |
[09:17] | She’d preformed the procedure before? | 她之前做过此类手术吗 |
[09:19] | Yes, she’s assisted me dozens of times. | 是的 她协助过我很多次了 |
[09:24] | How many times had she performed this procedure on her own | 在为该患者动刀之前 她曾独立做过 |
[09:27] | before cutting into this patient? | 多少次此类手术呢 |
[09:31] | None. | 从未做过 |
[09:34] | So you thought she could just try her hand on Francine Cash? | 所以你认为她可以拿弗朗辛·卡什练手吗 |
[09:38] | That’s what a teaching hospital is. | 教学医院的意义不就在于此吗 |
[09:40] | No one hatches from an egg as a polished surgeon. | 没人天生就是技艺精湛的外科医生 |
[09:43] | Dr. Robidaux is a better doctor for having done this procedure, | 罗比多医生通过实施该手术会得到进步 |
[09:45] | a better surgeon for the scores of others | 对于未来被她治疗的病患来说 |
[09:47] | she’ll treat in the years to come, and you know that. | 她也会是更优秀的外科医生 你很清楚 |
[09:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:51] | And how does that inure to benefit Francine Cash? | 那对弗朗辛·卡什有什么好处吗 |
[09:59] | By the way, | 顺便问一句 |
[10:01] | what does Francine Cash do for a living? | 弗朗辛·卡什是做什么工作的 |
[10:03] | She… | 她… |
[10:10] | She was a chef. | 她是个厨师 |
[10:15] | She was a chef. | 她曾是个厨师 |
[10:19] | A chef would quite need a sense of smell, | 厨师的工作完全依赖于嗅觉 |
[10:21] | wouldn’t she, Dr. Ridgeway? | 不是吗 里奇韦医生 |
[10:25] | Comments? | 有评论的吗 |
[10:37] | 99 out of 100 patients would dismiss | 对于手术潜在的副作用 |
[10:39] | the potential side effects without a second thought. | 绝大部分患者会毫不犹豫地选择忽略 |
[10:43] | Compared to a tumor growing in his or her brain, | 与脑中不断生长的肿瘤相比 |
[10:45] | that loss of smell would, I suspect, mean very little. | 失去嗅觉 我想实在不算什么 |
[10:50] | But when dealing with a patient whose olfactory nerve | 但如果患者的嗅觉神经与她的职业 |
[10:53] | is inextricably linked with who she is, | 有着非常密切的关系 |
[10:56] | then perhaps the surgeon would do best to go over | 那么或许外科医生最好尽力 |
[10:59] | those risks personally with the patient, | 将相关风险亲自告知患者 |
[11:03] | instead of turfing the duty to a resident. | 而不是将职责推给住院医生 |
[11:06] | Perhaps that surgeon might even do the procedure, | 或许 主治医生该亲自执刀 |
[11:10] | instead of handing the scalpel to a doctor-in-training | 而不是将手术刀交给一个 |
[11:14] | who has never performed it before. | 从未做过此类手术的实习医生 |
[11:17] | Or am I out of line, Dr. Ridgeway? | 还是说我管太宽了 里奇韦医生 |
[11:37] | You’re going through my nose? | 你要从我的鼻子里进去 |
[11:39] | It’s called Endoscopicl Transnasal brain surgery. | 这种技术叫 经鼻内镜颅脑手术 |
[11:42] | I’ll be threading an endoscope | 我会把一根内窥镜以及 |
[11:44] | and miniature tools up your nose. | 一些很微小的器械送入你鼻腔 |
[11:45] | I won’t be looking directly at the tumor. | 不需要直接用肉眼观察肿瘤 |
[11:47] | Rather, I’ll be watching a TV monitor using computer mapping. | 我会通过计算机成像在显示器上进行观察 |
[11:51] | And… I’m sorry… are you any good? | 冒昧问一句 你医术高超吗 |
[11:55] | That’s probably an offensive question. | 也许这问题太过冒昧了 |
[11:58] | Sandy, I’m about to go into your brain. | 珊蒂 我是要进入你大脑的人 |
[12:01] | It’s not an offensive question. | 所以这问题一点都不冒昧 |
[12:02] | In fact, it’s the first question you should be asking, | 实际上 这该是你问的第一个问题 |
[12:04] | and the one that patients never do. | 其他患者一般都不会问 |
[12:07] | Probably because we just assume you to be infallible. | 或许是因为我们以为你绝不会出错 |
[12:15] | – Did I say something wrong? – What? | -我说错话了吗 -什么 |
[12:19] | No. No. | 不 没有 |
[12:27] | – You actually hallucinated? – I guess I did. | -你真出现幻觉了吗 -我想是的 |
[12:30] | I thought I saw Allison Mcdaniels standing there. | 我刚才看到艾莉森·麦克丹尼站在那里 |
[12:32] | I…heard her voice. | 我…听到了她的声音 |
[12:34] | Dr. Ridgeway. | 里奇韦医生 |
[12:36] | Harding, you mind telling me what that was about, really? | 哈丁 你能告诉我刚才到底是为什么吗 |
[12:38] | We’re instructed and encouraged to let | 我们接受教导并被鼓励 如有可能 |
[12:40] | residents do procedures if possible. | 便可让住院医师主刀 |
[12:42] | That’s what a teaching hospital is. | 教学型医院就该如此 |
[12:44] | A-are these Monday-morning things really to | 这些周一清晨会议的目的究竟是让我们 |
[12:46] | make us better surgeons, or do they just exist | 成为更好的外科医生 还是说它们的存在 |
[12:48] | to establish you as the almighty-in-chief, | 是为了营造你”全能主任”的形象 |
[12:50] | because I’m not sure what good came out of that inquisition. | 因为我不确定这种讯问会有什么好结果 |
[12:52] | Well, I suspect you might be better prepared should the | 我只是觉得 如果弗朗辛·卡什的律师 |
[12:54] | questions I asked be put to you by Francine Cash’s attorney, | 问起时那些问题时 你会有所准备 |
[12:58] | which they will be. We’re being sued. | 他们也正有意如此 我们被起诉了 |
[13:01] | This is a notice of your deposition. | 这是让你出席取证的通知 |
[13:03] | Need consult. | 有事咨询 |
[13:15] | Well, it’s clearly got to come out. | 这显然必须切除 |
[13:17] | What I say. Patient refuse. | 我也这么说 患者拒绝 |
[13:21] | – She’s 13 years old. – Parents refuse, too. | -她才13岁 -家长也拒绝了 |
[13:24] | Did you explain to them the consequences of not operating? | 你跟他们解释过不做手术的后果吗 |
[13:26] | Yes, tell them… not do, dead. | 说了 跟他们说 不做 会死 |
[13:28] | Tell! Not care. | 说了 不在乎 |
[13:31] | You explained it that eloquently, Sung? | 你就是这么生动解释的吗 阿成 |
[13:33] | I find it difficult to imagine their taking issue with | 真很难想象呢 他们居然会不在乎 |
[13:35] | “Not do, dead.” | “不做 会死” |
[13:38] | You such good talker, you explain. | 你这么能说 你去解释 |
[13:40] | I send to your office. | 我让他们去你办公室 |
[13:47] | Heart, lungs, liver, two kidneys, a cornea. | 心脏 两肺 肝脏 双肾 一个角膜 |
[13:51] | It’s all in play here. | 都可以取用 |
[13:52] | His skin, too, but not until he’s clinically dead. | 还有他的皮肤 但必须等宣布死亡之后 |
[13:56] | So, in the meantime… hold on. | 所以同时…稍等 |
[13:58] | Gato. | 加多 |
[13:59] | Gunshot to the head… where do we stand? | 头部中枪那个人目前什么状况 |
[14:01] | Mr. Jasper was pronounced dead four minutes ago. | 贾斯珀先生四分钟前被宣布死亡 |
[14:04] | – Ah, where is he? – This is Mr. Jasper’s mother. | -他在哪呢 -这是贾斯珀先生的母亲 |
[14:09] | Mrs. Jasper, I’m so sorry for your loss. I… | 贾斯珀太太 节哀顺变 |
[14:14] | Please forgive my insensitivity. | 请原谅我不通人情 |
[14:15] | I’m coordinating the transplant procedures which, uh… | 我正在进行移植手续的统筹协调 |
[14:18] | You might want to quit while you’re behind. | 作为处理「后事」的人 你还是闭嘴吧 |
[14:29] | – I’m getting sued? – We’re getting sued. | -我被起诉了 -是我们被起诉了 |
[14:32] | I haven’t even finished my residency. | 我实习期都还没结束呢 |
[14:33] | Michelle, doctors get sued every day, | 米歇尔 每天都有医生被起诉 |
[14:35] | especially surgeons, whether we make a mistake or not. | 尤其是外科医生 不管我们有无犯错 |
[14:37] | As long as lawyers like to heat their pools | 只要律师们喜欢受理医疗纠纷 |
[14:39] | with med-mal claims, as long as congress refuses | 并从中狠捞一笔 只要国会依然拒绝 |
[14:41] | to get serious about tort reform, we will always, always | 认真考虑侵权改革 我们就会经常地 |
[14:45] | be saddled up for nuisance claims, which is what this is. | 不断地身陷各种恼人的起诉 比如这次 |
[14:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:51] | – For? – For… protecting me. | -谢什么 -谢你…保护我 |
[14:54] | For standing up like the big umbrella that you are. | 谢谢你挺身而出为我充当保护伞 |
[14:58] | At the m&m, so many surgeons | 在M&M例会上 太多外科医生 |
[15:00] | would just throw the resident under the bus, | 只会让住院医生替他们顶罪 |
[15:02] | but you are just this gigantic, big, generous… | 但是你像一把巨大无比的 |
[15:06] | Umbrella. | 保护伞 |
[15:12] | Debakey. | 无损伤镊 |
[15:14] | Get suction? | 抽吸 |
[15:27] | Let’s prep for cross-clamping. | 准备交叉钳夹 |
[15:36] | Need suture. | 需要缝合 |
[15:40] | Suction. | 抽吸 |
[16:03] | Trisha. Dr. Hooten. | 特丽莎 我是胡顿医生 |
[16:06] | That was impressive. | 弹得真不错 |
[16:08] | Are your parents around? | 你父母在吗 |
[16:10] | They went to the cafeteria, | 他们去自助餐厅了 |
[16:12] | and it’s my decision. | 而且不手术是我的决定 |
[16:15] | How old are you, Trisha? | 你多大了 特丽莎 |
[16:17] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[16:19] | Look, in England, a 13-year-old named Hannah Jones | 在英国 一个叫汉娜·琼斯的13岁小孩 |
[16:22] | decided to forgo life-saving heart surgery. | 决定放弃能挽救生命的心脏手术 |
[16:25] | In Minnesota, a 12-year-old boy | 在明尼苏达 一个12岁的男孩 |
[16:27] | refused chemo for a treatable form of lymphoma. | 患有可治疗淋巴瘤 却拒绝接受化疗 |
[16:30] | The courts have generally found a right | 法院已经赋予了每一个人 |
[16:31] | in all persons to refuse treatment. | 拒绝治疗的权力 |
[16:33] | – I’ve done the research. – How about the math? | -我做过调查 -那计算过概率吗 |
[16:37] | Without surgery, you’ll die. | 不做手术 你会死 |
[16:40] | Cool bedside. | 临床关怀挺酷 |
[16:44] | You play this thing? | 你弹钢琴吗 |
[16:45] | Mm-hmm. Well, not as good as you. | 没你弹得好 |
[16:47] | But then, I have other attributes… | 不过我还有别的能力 |
[16:49] | one of them being a will to live. | 其中之一就是生的欲望 |
[16:52] | Really cool bedside. | 着实很酷 |
[16:54] | What do you play when you play? | 那你喜欢弹什么曲子 |
[16:59] | I fancy Beethoven. | 我喜欢贝多芬 |
[17:03] | That’s funny? | 很好笑吗 |
[17:05] | Beethoven almost saved my life. | 贝多芬差点救了我的命 |
[17:08] | How so? | 此话何讲 |
[17:16] | “Sonata Pathtique.” | 「悲怆奏鸣曲」 |
[17:21] | When I first heard this, | 我第一次听到这首曲子时 |
[17:25] | I got this weird sensation | 有种诡异的感觉 |
[17:28] | that God was singing to me. | 好像上帝在对我歌唱 |
[17:32] | Or thinking about me. | 或是他在惦记着我 |
[17:37] | Anyway, I told my mother | 总之 我跟妈妈讲 |
[17:40] | I heard God in some sonata. | 我在某首奏鸣曲中听到了圣音 |
[17:42] | Her mind went straight to a delusional disorder, | 她马上就觉得我得了妄想症 |
[17:45] | one thing lead to another, | 一步接着一步地 |
[17:47] | then to a CAT Scan… brain tumor. | 直到CT扫描后发现 是脑瘤 |
[17:49] | Well, then perhaps Beethoven saved your life after all, | 那或许还真是贝多芬救了你的命 |
[17:53] | because now you’re here. | 因为你现在到了这里 |
[17:56] | I’m here because my parents refuse to accept | 我在这里是因为我的父母 |
[18:00] | what every other hospital has told them. | 拒绝接受其他医院下的诊断 |
[18:05] | I’m gonna die, Dr. Hooten. | 我要死了 胡顿医生 |
[18:06] | – No, we don’t know that for sure. – It’s growing. | -这个还不能确定 -脑瘤在生长 |
[18:08] | Yeah, which is why we need to operate. | 所以我们才需要手术 |
[18:13] | You know, you don’t strike me as a white-flag waver. | 在我看来你不像一个轻易举白旗的人 |
[18:16] | Do you really choose to die? | 你真的选择死亡吗 |
[18:19] | I choose to live. | 我是选择生存 |
[18:22] | Even if it’s for a few months, | 就算只是几个月也行 |
[18:24] | I’d like to live without chemo, | 我希望过没有化疗的生活 |
[18:26] | without being hooked up to wires. | 身体没有接着各种电缆仪器的生活 |
[18:29] | I’m writing an opera. | 我在写一部歌剧 |
[18:31] | I didn’t know 13-year-olds did that anymore. | 我不知道现在的13岁小孩还会写歌剧 |
[18:36] | There’s also a boy. | 还有一位男孩 |
[18:39] | Our school has a Valentine’s Dance. | 我们学校将举办一个情人节舞会 |
[18:41] | He’s gonna ask me, and I want to go. | 他会来邀我 我也想参加 |
[18:45] | And then there’s my house, my bedroom, my family. | 还有我的家 我的卧室 我的家人 |
[18:49] | I want to spend all the days I have left | 我希望我余生的日子 |
[18:51] | with the people I love, doing the things I… | 能和我最爱的人度过 做我… |
[18:58] | It may only seem like a few months to you. | 对你来说或许只是短短几月 |
[19:02] | To me, it’s a lifetime. | 可对我来说是一辈子 |
[19:09] | I’d like to live it. | 我想就这么活一次 |
[19:21] | 150 175 One fifty, one seventy-five… | |
[19:23] | You don’t pay off a debt in gift cards. | 哪有用礼品卡还债的规矩 |
[19:24] | These are iTunes gift cards. | 这些可是iTunes的礼品卡 |
[19:26] | They’re more stable than the U.S. dollar, the Euro. | 可比美元欧元稳定多了 |
[19:29] | What’s wrong with you? | 你到底有什么毛病啊 |
[19:30] | If you want to ask me out, just do it. | 如果你想邀我约会 就痛快点 |
[19:32] | What?! Why in God’s name would I ever want to ask you out? | 什么 我干嘛要跟你约会啊 |
[19:35] | I don’t know, and I don’t care, but I’m busy. | 不知道也不关心 我可很忙 |
[19:37] | I have patients. | 患者等着我呢 |
[19:38] | If you want to have dinner, just ask. | 如果你想约我吃晚饭 直接问 |
[19:40] | We’re not in high school. | 我们又不是中学生 |
[19:44] | Dinner? | 吃晚饭不 |
[19:46] | Which you’ll pay for in cash. | 到时记得用现金付账 |
[19:50] | Not iTunes gift cards. | 而不是iTunes礼品卡 |
[19:52] | For God’s sake. | 老天啊 |
[19:59] | You’re going to let a 13-year-old make this decision? | 你们要让一个13岁的孩子做决定 |
[20:02] | The medical opinion seems to support her analysis. | 她的分析似乎也有医学观点支持 |
[20:05] | – I mean, her quality of life would be so… – H-hold on. | -她的生活质量会 -等等 |
[20:07] | If that tumor doesn’t come out… | 如果肿瘤不被切除 |
[20:08] | Why is this doctor even here? | 为什么这位医生要在这里啊 |
[20:09] | Yeah, to successfully bully you, since I failed. | 来威逼利诱你们 因为我失败了 |
[20:11] | You spoke to Trisha. Is she wrong? | 你和特丽莎谈过了 是她错了吗 |
[20:14] | Can you save her? | 你能救她吗 |
[20:16] | I would say that if she can be saved, | 我只能说如果她愿意被救 |
[20:18] | Dr. Park would be the man to do it. | 那朴医生就是那个救她命的人 |
[20:23] | That doesn’t answer my question. | 你没有回答我的问题 |
[20:26] | Mrs. Miller. I can maybe save her. | 米勒太太 我也许能救她 |
[20:31] | How we not try? | 怎能不试呢 |
[20:34] | How we not try? | 怎能不试呢 |
[20:41] | We would love nothing more than to try. | 我们当然很想试 |
[20:44] | But we will not compound her suffering just to spare our own. | 可我们不能为减轻自己的痛苦而让她受苦 |
[20:48] | She has been battling this for months, bravely, | 几个月来 她一直勇敢地与病魔抗争 |
[20:51] | but… | 可是 |
[20:55] | she’s losing. | 她快要输了 |
[20:58] | Doctors…you just want to cut, cut, cut. | 医生们 你们只想切切切 |
[21:03] | Our daughter has earned her perspective. | 我们的女儿有自己的想法 |
[21:07] | And we will respect her. | 我们将尊重她的意愿 |
[21:10] | If she gets nothing else… | 如果她最终将一无所有 |
[21:13] | she’ll get that. | 至少还有我们的尊重 |
[22:11] | Hello? | 喂 |
[22:18] | Hello? | 喂 |
[22:22] | Mrs. McDaniels, | 麦克丹尼太太 |
[22:23] | this is Dr. Wilson from Chelsea General. | 我是切尔西中心医院的威尔逊医生 |
[22:28] | Yes? | 有事吗 |
[22:32] | I was wondering if I might meet with you. | 我能约您见个面吗 |
[22:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:46] | To be perfectly honest, I don’t know. | 说实话 我也不知道 |
[22:49] | Well, what exactly do you plan to say? | 你准备对她说什么 |
[22:52] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[22:55] | Ty, you got to get some clarity on this, | 泰 你一定得想清楚 |
[22:58] | ’cause whatever you do say | 因为无论你说什么 |
[22:59] | could have some very serious legal consequences. | 都有可能引起严重的法律后果 |
[23:03] | I’ve been having bad dreams, nightmares. | 最近我一直在做梦 做噩梦 |
[23:09] | I don’t know what’s going on. | 我都不知道我是怎么了 |
[23:12] | Honey, whatever you’ve lost, | 亲爱的 不管你丢失了什么 |
[23:16] | I don’t think Quinn McDaniels’ mother can give it back to you. | 奎恩·麦克丹尼的母亲也没法帮你找回来 |
[23:21] | And I really think it’s a mistake to see her. | 而且我认为去见她是个天大的错误 |
[23:28] | Syd, I’m worried about him. This is not like Ty. | 茜 我好担心他 这一点都不像泰 |
[23:31] | Can I ask you a personal question? | 我能问你一个私人问题吗 |
[23:33] | No. No. I’m married. | 不 不行 我已婚了 |
[23:35] | My personal life is to be kept secret, | 我的私人生活要保密的 |
[23:37] | – especially from me. – Yeah, all right. | -最好我自己都不知道 -是 明白 |
[23:45] | How serious is this between you two? | 你们俩到底有多认真 |
[23:48] | I’m not stupid. I know what’s going on. | 我又不傻 我早知道了 |
[23:51] | Is it serious? | 很认真吗 |
[23:54] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[23:56] | You love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[23:58] | I don’t know. Maybe a little. | 不知道 也许有一点吧 |
[24:03] | I know, I’m such a stupid cliche. | 我知道 我做事太没创意了 |
[24:07] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[24:10] | Michelle called me an umbrella. | 米歇尔说我像一把伞 |
[24:13] | It’s what Mark calls me sometimes… | 马克有时会这样说我 |
[24:16] | an umbrella, ’cause I block the sun. | 一把伞 因为我挡住了阳光 |
[24:19] | You don’t block any sun around here, lady. | 你在这儿可没挡住任何阳光 姑娘 |
[24:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:26] | Guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[24:29] | Dr. Lieberman asked me out. | 利伯曼医生约我出去了 |
[24:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[24:33] | Oh, I kind of made him, but, yeah. | 真的 虽然我有逼着他啦 |
[24:36] | Well, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[24:38] | A little soon, though, don’t you think? | 你不觉得有点太快了吗 |
[24:42] | Probably. | 大概吧 |
[24:44] | But… | 但是 |
[24:47] | that kid with the glioma… | 那个患了脑干胶质瘤的孩子 |
[24:50] | just reminds me life’s so short, you know? | 提醒了我生命很短暂 |
[24:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:00] | I like John Lieberman. | 我喜欢约翰·利伯曼 |
[25:05] | He’s not too dorky, is he? | 他不会太呆了吧 |
[25:06] | No. He’s just dorky enough. | 不会 呆得恰到好处 |
[25:24] | He did great. | 非常成功 |
[25:26] | The new heart is beating, it’s strong, | 心脏供体搏动有力 |
[25:29] | the procedure was without complications. | 手术顺利 没有并发症 |
[25:31] | I could not be more confident. | 我感到无比的有信心 |
[25:33] | Oh, thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[25:34] | And you can see him in maybe three, four hours. | 大概再过三四个小时你们就可以见他了 |
[25:36] | Oh, bless you. | 上帝保佑您 |
[25:43] | Why’s she here? | 她来这里干什么 |
[25:52] | You’re here, uh… | 您来这里… |
[25:55] | Where would you like for me to go? | 不然你希望我去哪儿 |
[26:00] | There is neither an apology nor an excuse | 这句话不是为我之前的无情 |
[26:02] | to justify my earlier insensitivity. | 道歉或者找借口搪塞的 |
[26:05] | But if I might console you, | 但或许我能安慰你的是 |
[26:06] | there are six people who are living right now | 因为你儿子伟大的牺牲 |
[26:09] | because of the extraordinary sacrifice made by your son. | 有六个人得以活下来 |
[26:12] | Of the organ recipients, one is a schoolteacher. | 接受器官移植的人中 一位是老师 |
[26:17] | One is a pediatrician. | 一位是儿科医生 |
[26:18] | Another is a biological engineering student. | 还有一位是生物工程专业的学生 |
[26:21] | And the contributions that they can now make to society | 现在 他们能为社会尽自己的绵薄之力 |
[26:25] | have only been made possible by your son’s… | 这一切都多亏你儿子的… |
[26:28] | I hear what you’re saying. | 我听得懂你是什么意思 |
[26:31] | My son was a gang member who got shot in the head. | 我儿子是黑帮份子 被一枪爆头 |
[26:34] | My son was nothing. | 我儿子一钱不值 |
[26:36] | But ’cause you harvested his organs, | 但多亏你摘取了他的器官 |
[26:38] | and gave ’em to people who matter, | 把它们分给有价值的人 |
[26:41] | now he mattered. | 他也有价值了 |
[26:44] | I hear what you’re saying. | 我完全明白你的意思 |
[26:46] | You can go to hell, doctor. You can go straight to hell! | 你去死吧 医生 直接下地狱吧 |
[27:01] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[27:04] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[27:07] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[27:21] | Trisha, what I see in you | 特丽莎 我在你身上看到的 |
[27:24] | in addition to a young girl with a ferocious appetite for life, | 不仅仅是个求生意志强烈的小女孩 |
[27:28] | is a young woman willing to bet on herself. | 还是个会把赌注压在自己身上的年轻女人 |
[27:32] | Now, I’m asking you to make that wager one more time, | 现在 我请求你再赌一次 |
[27:35] | but on us in this process. | 但这次请压我们的治疗 |
[27:37] | Because I promise you… we are that good. | 因为我向你保证 我们够优秀 |
[27:41] | Dr. Hooten, I’ve seen the MRI. | 胡顿医生 我看过核磁共振了 |
[27:44] | I’ve also had a taste of Dr. Big Shot here, | 我知道我很对那位绝代神医的胃口 |
[27:47] | and I have no desire to be used as his practice tee | 但我可不想成为他的高尔夫练习球 |
[27:51] | just so he gets to make a hole-in-one someday. | 只为了他以后能来个一杆进洞 |
[27:56] | Do you know what “Deus ex machina” means? | 你知道「天外救星」是什么意思吗 |
[27:58] | Very bad writing in a Greek play. | 非常烂的希腊戏剧编剧技巧 |
[28:00] | Essentially. | 基本不错 |
[28:02] | An illogical-if-not-preposterous resolution | 一种为满足情节需要而突然介入 |
[28:04] | plucked from nowhere. | 牵强的解围方式 |
[28:06] | Euripides’ answer to a Hail Mary. | 欧里庇得斯戏剧里的救星 |
[28:06] | 欧里庇得斯 古希腊悲剧大师 其戏剧里常出现解围之神/天外救星 | |
[28:08] | Now, Aristotle would go with the MRI. | 而亚里士多德则会使用核磁共振 |
[28:12] | I favor Euripides. | 我更喜欢欧里庇得斯 |
[28:14] | Surprising, ’cause I figured you to favor hallmark. | 真意外 我还以为你喜欢言情剧呢 |
[28:20] | What have you got? | 你怎么说 |
[28:22] | Trisha, I can tell you this. | 特丽莎 我只能说 |
[28:25] | I came into this equation thinking | 我进来之前还在想 |
[28:26] | you didn’t have the maturity to be making this decision. | 做出这个决定的你还不够成熟 |
[28:30] | I take that back. You’re a very smart girl… | 我收回这个想法 你真的很聪明 |
[28:33] | so smart, in fact, I’m gonna lay this on you. | 非常聪明 我这么和你说吧 |
[28:37] | Medicine, science… often doesn’t add up. | 药物 科学 往往不是那么合乎情理 |
[28:41] | There’s so many inexplicable mysteries, | 有很多难以解释的谜团 |
[28:43] | like how behaviors like compassion and morality | 比如 同情和道德等行为 |
[28:48] | can be genetically based. | 如何由遗传基因决定 |
[28:49] | How cells in the womb know how | 比如子宫中的细胞 |
[28:51] | to migrate as the fetus develops. | 在胎儿成形过程中知道如何移动 |
[28:53] | So many mysteries. | 太多谜团了 |
[28:55] | One being your point? | 也包括你的观点吗 |
[28:57] | My point is miracles, | 我要说的是 |
[29:00] | however unquantifiable, | 无论有多么难以估量 |
[29:02] | they do happen. | 但奇迹会发生 |
[29:04] | Are the odds against you? Yeah. | 你的可能会很渺茫吗 是的 |
[29:05] | Is it game over? Hell, no. | 但一定会死吗 不 |
[29:10] | I agree with him. | 我同意他的观点 |
[29:11] | Deus ex… | 天外… |
[29:13] | – Uh, what was that? – Machina. | -啥来着 -救星 |
[29:14] | Yeah, uh, machina. | 对 救星 |
[29:23] | And you? | 还有你呢 |
[29:25] | What have you got to say? | 你有什么要说 |
[29:28] | Not do, dead. | 不做 会死 |
[29:39] | This better be worth it. That’s all I can say. | 但愿这是值得的 我只能这么说 |
[29:43] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, | 不知道这么说你会不会好受些 |
[29:46] | I think it looks rather good on you. | 我觉得你现在看起来更美 |
[29:50] | Okay, we’re all done. You want to see? | 剃好了 想看看吗 |
[29:53] | No, thanks. I’ve seen it. | 不必了 我见过的 |
[30:02] | Give it to me straight. How do I look? | 实话实说 我看起来如何 |
[30:05] | Bald. | 光头 |
[30:07] | This is why I like him… just says it how it is. | 这就是我喜欢他的原因 有一说一 |
[30:17] | If I die… | 如果我死了 |
[30:20] | are you gonna cry? | 你会哭吗 |
[30:37] | People die in this hospital every day. | 每天都有人在医院里死去 |
[30:41] | If I were to stop and shed a tear to every life we lost, | 如果我停下 为每一个逝去的生命落泪 |
[30:44] | we wouldn’t get any work done. | 我们将什么工作都做不了 |
[30:48] | But if we lose you, Trisha… | 但如果我们失去了你 特丽莎 |
[30:51] | I shall cry. | 我会哭 |
[30:54] | Because I think you suspect just how much | 我想你一定不知道 |
[30:56] | you’ve managed to touch my heart… | 你有多么触动我的心 |
[31:00] | Which is why I so want to do this procedure… | 所以我才这么想做这个手术 |
[31:06] | And why I so want the scalpel | 所以我才这么希望 |
[31:08] | to be in the hands of this doctor here. | 手术刀能握在这位医生的手中 |
[31:13] | And, not to put too much pressure on him… | 倒不是想给他太多压力 |
[31:18] | he will save your life. | 他会挽救你的生命 |
[31:22] | And then the tears that I shall no doubt shed… | 之后我会落泪 毫无疑问 |
[31:27] | Will be ones of pure joy. | 那将是纯粹的喜悦之泪 |
[31:40] | Do you believe in God? | 你相信上帝吗 |
[31:45] | – No God here. – Oh, yes, there is. | -这里没上帝 -这里当然有 |
[31:48] | He’ll be in the operating room. | 他就在手术室里 |
[31:51] | I shall speak to him myself. | 我会亲自和他谈谈的 |
[31:53] | – And he listens to you? – Yes. | -他会听你说话吗 -当然 |
[31:55] | I’m Chief of Staff. | 我可是医务主任呢 |
[32:01] | I read that my chances improve if | 我之前读过 如果我心态乐观 |
[32:04] | my outlook is positive. | 活下来的几率会更大 |
[32:06] | – Is that true? – Very much so. | -是真的吗 -的确如此 |
[32:11] | You want to do something to make me smile, then? | 那你能做一件让我高兴的事吗 |
[32:14] | Name it. | 尽管说 |
[32:27] | What the hell have you gone and done? | 出什么事了把你打击成这样 |
[32:30] | Well, I’ve always rather liked the look of your head, Gato, | 我一直很喜欢你的发型 加多 |
[32:32] | so I thought I’d give it a try. | 所以我也想试一试 |
[32:34] | I look good bald. You don’t. | 我光头很帅 你不是 |
[32:36] | Yeah, I do believe you’re jealous. | 我看你纯粹是在嫉妒我 |
[32:39] | H-have you glanced in a mirror? | 你照过镜子没 |
[32:40] | You look horrible! | 你难看得要死 |
[32:43] | Seriously, why did you do this to yourself? | 说真的 你干吗这么想不开 |
[32:48] | She asked me to. | 这是她的请求 |
[33:24] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[33:26] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[33:31] | Okay. I’d like you all to direct your attention to my head, | 好了 希望大家都认真看看本人的脑袋 |
[33:35] | and for the next few seconds, | 在接下来的几秒钟内 |
[33:36] | please indulge your misdirected delight. | 请尽情享受这种不厚道的欢乐 |
[33:40] | At your peril. | 后果请自负 |
[33:46] | Good. Dr. Tierney. | 很好 蒂尔尼医生 |
[33:49] | Join me on stage, if you would. | 不介意的话 请上台 |
[33:53] | I figured. | 我就知道 |
[33:58] | You’ve been very good, Dr. Tierney. | 你一直十分优秀 蒂尔尼医生 |
[34:00] | A successful heart transplant, performed personally by you. | 你亲手完成了一台心脏移植手术 |
[34:06] | You’ve also oversaw or coordinated other organ donations, | 你还监督或者说协调了一次器官捐献手续 |
[34:12] | thus furthering fruitfully the preservation of life… | 从而对生命的拯救起到了促进的作用 |
[34:15] | very good indeed. | 非常不错 |
[34:18] | You’ve also been very bad. | 但你也非常的差劲 |
[34:23] | Tell us how you’ve been bad, Dr. Tierney. | 跟我们讲讲你的差劲吧 蒂尔尼医生 |
[34:30] | I displayed a shocking insensitivity | 我在一位器官捐献者的母亲面前 |
[34:32] | to the mother of the organ donor, | 表现麻木 令人震惊 |
[34:34] | for which there was absolutely no excuse. | 这种行为毫无疑问是不可原谅的 |
[34:38] | I am appalled and embarrassed, | 我很惊讶 也很羞愧 |
[34:41] | and to the extent that my egregious conduct | 我这种过分的行为在一定程度上 |
[34:44] | reflects poorly on this hospital, | 给本院造成了恶劣影响 |
[34:47] | I apologize to each and every person in this room. | 我向在座的各位表示道歉 |
[34:51] | That’s all very admirable, but | 值得赞赏 但是 |
[34:53] | I refer not to your indecent behavior towards the mother, | 我要说的不是你对那位母亲的冷漠行为 |
[34:57] | but rather your breach in protocol towards your donor. | 而是你违反了所负责捐献者的捐献协议 |
[35:05] | You notified three hospitals, | 你通知了三家医院 |
[35:07] | you had four transplant teams deployed, | 安排了四个器官移植小组 |
[35:10] | six patients admitted to the hospital, | 六位患者入住本院 |
[35:12] | and almost had operations started to remove organs… | 几乎马上就要开始动手术摘取器官 |
[35:15] | and all the while, your patient-donor wasn’t deceased. | 而与此同时 你的捐献”病患”并未死亡 |
[35:20] | Did you personally examine Gavin Jasper, doctor? | 你有亲手检查过加文·贾斯珀吗 医生 |
[35:23] | I did, and I determined incorrectly that he was brain-dead. | 检查了 我错误地将其诊断为脑死亡 |
[35:28] | You determined incorrectly that he was brain-dead? | 你错误地将其诊断为脑死亡 |
[35:32] | As oopsie-daisies go, that’s rather a big one, don’t you think? | 就算一时走眼 这也相当严重了 不是吗 |
[35:35] | Which is why, in compliance with transplant protocol, | 所以根据移植协议 |
[35:38] | I asked the neuro resident… | 我请一位神经外科住院医师 |
[35:41] | uh, her, there… to examine Mr. Jasper. | 她 就那个 来为贾斯珀先生做检查 |
[35:43] | “Her, there”? Who’s “Her, there,” doctor? | 她 那个 那个她是谁 医生 |
[35:47] | I believe it’s Dr. Rob… I… | 我想应该是罗比 我 |
[35:52] | Robidaux. | 罗比多 |
[35:54] | Uh, Dr. Robidaux. | 罗比多医生 |
[35:55] | What did you find? | 你的检查结果如何 |
[35:57] | Um, well, at first, the patient appeared to be deceased. | 一开始 患者好像已经死亡 |
[36:02] | But while examining him, | 但在对其进行检查时 |
[36:04] | he responded to voice command. | 他对声音指令产生了反应 |
[36:07] | How do you mean? | 怎么说 |
[36:08] | First, I asked him to take my hand, and he did. | 一开始 我请他握住我的手 他照做了 |
[36:11] | And then Dr. Tierney asked him to raise a finger. | 然后蒂尔尼医生让他举起一根手指 |
[36:15] | – He was responsive? – And reflective. | -他也回应了吗 -还经过思考了呢 |
[36:19] | This is exciting stuff, this transplant business. | 器官移植真的很让人兴奋不已吧 |
[36:22] | I can imagine how you can hardly wait to get started sometimes. | 我能想象出你迫不及待等待攫取的样子 |
[36:28] | You’re such a predator, Buck. | 你可真是十足的”捕食者” 巴克 |
[36:30] | No. | 不是 |
[36:31] | – A vulture. – No. | -一只秃鹫 -不是 |
[36:33] | Trolling around the ICU, scavenging to harvest organs, | 盘亘在重症监护室 四下搜寻摘取器官 |
[36:37] | not to be bothered with any such annoying little details | 才不会费劲纠结这些烦人的小细节 |
[36:40] | like whether or not your donor is alive or dead. | 比如你的捐献人到底是死还是活 |
[36:44] | “Shocking,” “Egregious,” “Appalling”… | 震惊 过分 惊讶 |
[36:47] | these are your words, Buck. | 这都是你用的词 巴克 |
[36:49] | Do you think these words go far enough? | 你觉得这些词的力度够吗 |
[36:53] | I do my job, | 我做了分内之事 |
[36:56] | and I do it very well. For 20 years, | 而且我做得很好 二十年来 |
[36:59] | I have run a transplant service that has made | 器官移植服务在我的管理运营之下 |
[37:01] | Chelsea one of the highest-volume centers in the country. | 让切尔西成为全国移植手术最多的医院之一 |
[37:04] | For every 10 minutes that goes by before | 在器官被移植之后每过十分钟 |
[37:07] | an organ is transplanted, the risk of rejection escalates, | 排异的风险就会逐渐升级 |
[37:11] | as does the risk that the organ itself will fail. | 还有器官自身的衰竭风险也是一样 |
[37:13] | So I… Time things as perfectly | 所以 我极尽人力保持我院 |
[37:16] | and as precisely as I humanly | 移植手术高成功率的同时 |
[37:18] | can to keep our success rates high. | 必须做到万无一失 精准时间 |
[37:22] | There are over 115,000 people out there waiting for an organ | 现在有11.5万人在等待器官移植 |
[37:27] | and in the last four months, fewer than 5,000 donors. | 在此前四个月内 只有不到5千名捐献者 |
[37:30] | Now, when things go well, nobody stops to think | 当进展顺利时 没有人会停下来去想 |
[37:33] | that there were over 200 steps | 为了保证这一切顺利进行 |
[37:36] | and precise points of coordination | 要经过200多个步骤和精确的时间点 |
[37:38] | to make things work at this hospital. | 并在这些时间点上进行统筹协作 |
[37:42] | And I made things work for six people | 而我顺利地让六个人 |
[37:44] | who are alive today because of my efforts. | 因为我的努力 活到了今天 |
[37:46] | And I will not have you refer to me as a predator. | 所以我不许你将我称做「捕食者」 |
[37:55] | I am not liked. | 我不招人待见 |
[37:59] | God knows, even a patient missing half his head | 苍天在上 就连脑袋被崩了一半的患者 |
[38:02] | still managed to flip me off, | 都设法冲我竖中指 |
[38:04] | to everyone’s great delight and entertainment. | 真是让所有人都喜闻乐见 拍手称快 |
[38:07] | I get it, but I am not a predator. | 我懂的 但我不是「捕食者」 |
[38:11] | I am not a vulture. | 我不是秃鹫 |
[38:39] | Trigeminal nerve… | 三叉神经 |
[38:41] | This is abducens nerve right there. | 那里是外展神经 |
[38:44] | Everybody quiet. | 全体安静 |
[38:46] | About to go into brain stem. | 要进入脑干了 |
[38:48] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[40:10] | Wake up. Wake up. | 醒一醒 醒一醒 |
[40:12] | Trisha. | 特丽莎 |
[40:15] | What… What happened? | 怎么了 |
[40:17] | Do. Not dead. | 做了 没死 |
[40:19] | What name? | 叫什么 |
[40:21] | Who you? Who me? | 你谁 我谁 |
[40:24] | I’m Trisha Miller, | 我叫特丽莎·米勒 |
[40:28] | and you’re Dr. Big Shot. | 你是绝代神医 |
[40:34] | You shaved. | 你剃头了 |
[40:37] | She fine. Go get parents. | 她没事了 去叫父母 |
[40:41] | Make hole in head. | 一孔钻进头 |
[40:52] | I… I believe he meant to say… | 我想 他是想说 |
[40:58] | He made a hole in one. | 他一杆进洞了 |