时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Facial droop right side, | 右侧口角歪斜 |
[00:09] | arms are numb, speech slurred. He’s incoherent. | 手臂麻木 口齿不清 语无伦次 |
[00:11] | Okay. Initiate code stroke. Call Sung. | 开始中风检查 呼叫阿成 |
[00:13] | – What’s going on? – No. He’s okay. | -他怎么了 -他没事 |
[00:13] | What’s wrong with him? Don’t push me away! | 他到底怎么了 别推我 |
[00:15] | Ma’am, I’m not pushing you away. | 女士 我不是故意推你 |
[00:17] | Your husband has had a stroke. | 你丈夫中风了 |
[00:18] | We need to make a plan, and we need to do it very fast. | 你得赶紧做打算 而且要快 |
[00:25] | He was admitted last night… ptosis. | 他昨晚入院 眼睑下垂 |
[00:27] | – They paged me to take a look. – What’s his history? | -他们叫我过来看看 -病史情况呢 |
[00:29] | Living on the streets for at least five years, in… | 流浪街头至少五年 |
[00:34] | In and out of psych wards, no family. | 多次在精神病区接受治疗 无家人 |
[00:36] | It’s purple and bulbous. | 这是紫色的球状根 |
[00:39] | He’s been previously diagnosed with schizophrenia. | 他之前被诊断患有精神分裂症 |
[00:42] | I see government. There you are. I see government. | 我看到政府了 给你 我看到政府了 |
[00:44] | He’s been going on and on about how the CIA | 他一直不停地重复念叨着CIA[中央情报局] |
[00:46] | put extra salt on his french fries | 在他的炸薯条中多加盐 |
[00:48] | to dehydrate him and… what did the supreme court do? | 来使他脱水 还有最高法院做什么了来着 |
[00:51] | – They killed Stevie Ray Vaughan. – Okay. | -他们杀了史蒂维·雷·沃恩 -好的 |
[00:53] | – Mr. Carter? – Huh? | -卡特先生 -嗯 |
[00:56] | How long has your eyelid been drooping like this? | 你的眼皮这个样子多久了 |
[00:58] | I-I can hear you. Yeah. | 我能听见你说话 |
[01:01] | They al–always go in advance. | 他们总是预先安排好 |
[01:03] | May I? I’m not CIA, sir. | 给我看看 我不是中情局的 |
[01:11] | How long’s he been in here? | 他来这多久了 |
[01:12] | He comes and goes, sometimes for a day or two, | 他通常来去匆匆 有时会住一两天 |
[01:15] | depending on the severity of his psychosis. | 主要看他精神症状的严重程度 |
[01:18] | let’s get an MRI. | 先做个磁共振 |
[01:19] | Oh, he’s not insured. | 他没有保险 |
[01:22] | Not that that matters. | 好吧没关系 |
[01:23] | White ones. It’s always white ones. | 白色的 一直都是白色的那种 |
[01:25] | I think. Yeah. That’s right. | 我觉得 对 没错 |
[01:28] | I-I can hear you. | 我能听见你 |
[01:39] | What’s happening is that you have yet again | 到底又怎么了 让你再次 |
[01:41] | barred an instrument rep from the OR. | 把医疗器械代表轰出了手术室 |
[01:43] | In defiance of our express directives… | 无视我们收到的明文指示… |
[01:44] | Because they interfere with the procedures. | 因为他们会影响手术操作 |
[01:45] | They exalt the interest of the hardware… | 他们只对设备感兴趣 |
[01:46] | …In defiance of hospital policy… | 无视医院的制度… |
[01:47] | – …Over the the patient. – And in particular defiance of me. | -远远超过患者 -尤其无视我的存在 |
[01:48] | Oh, well, it’s all about you, isn’t it, Buck? | 所以你才这样 对吧 巴克 |
[01:51] | – You listen to me, Missy. – Missy? | -你听着 小丫头 -丫头 |
[01:53] | How lovely to see the children at play. | 看小孩子拌嘴真是很欢乐呢 |
[01:56] | Dr. Ridgeway, let me start with you. | 里奇韦医生 先说你的事 |
[01:58] | I have delightful news. | 我有好消息 |
[01:59] | You won’t have to worry about attorney Tompkins | 你不用再担心那个给你添乱的 |
[02:01] | complicating your life, at least | 汤普金斯律师了 |
[02:02] | not for the immediate future, | 至少今后一段时间不用担心 |
[02:04] | – The case has gone away. – Really? How? | -案子销了 -真的吗 为什么 |
[02:06] | Our attorney deemed it unwinnable, so we’ve settled. | 律师认为打不赢 所以我们达成和解了 |
[02:11] | – I beg your pardon? – Well, that’s what happens | -什么 -当你切断那厨师的嗅神经 |
[02:13] | when you nick the olfactory nerve of a chef, | 确切地说是你让毫无此类手术经验的实习医生 |
[02:15] | or rather when you delegate the nicking of said nerve | 代替你切断了人家的嗅神经后 |
[02:18] | to a resident with no previous experience of the procedure. | 这就是所造成的后果 |
[02:22] | Oh, and you can wipe that smile off your face, Buck. | 巴克 你也别偷乐了 |
[02:24] | The attorney has set his sights on you now. | 律师也已经将目光瞄准你了 |
[02:27] | – Me? Why? – Something to do with your insistence on | -我 为什么 -可能与你坚持将一名 |
[02:29] | pronouncing a rather-alive patient dead. | 明确活着的患者宣告死亡有关 |
[02:33] | You’ll be meeting with our lawyer first, Scott Henderson. | 你先和院方律师斯科特·亨德森见面 |
[02:35] | He’s waiting for you on the third floor. | 他在三楼等你 |
[02:40] | Large occlusion… there. Lot of plaque. | 大面积梗塞 这儿 许多斑块 |
[02:42] | Middle cerebral artery, swelling. | 大脑中动脉梗塞 水肿 |
[02:44] | Need hemicraniectomy. | 需要偏侧颅骨切除术 |
[02:46] | I’m sorry. I didn’t understand a word he said. | 对不起 我听不懂他在说什么 |
[02:50] | Your husband needs surgery | 你丈夫得进行手术 |
[02:51] | to relieve the pressure on his brain. | 来降低他的颅内压 |
[02:53] | The sooner we do it, the more brain cells we can save. | 越早做手术 越能挽救更多的脑细胞 |
[02:56] | He had a massive stroke. | 他是大面积卒中 |
[02:57] | Medications, thrombolytics… already given. | 药物治疗 溶栓剂 已经用了 |
[03:01] | And what’s a hemi… | 那个偏侧什么的… |
[03:04] | Craniectomy. Remove part of skull bone. Create flap. | 颅骨切除术 移去部分颅骨 形成骨瓣 |
[03:07] | What do you mean, “flap”? | 骨瓣 是什么意思 |
[03:08] | Only one entrance into skull. Hole at base. | 进入颅腔的唯一开口 基底开的洞 |
[03:12] | If no room, brain squish out of hole. | 如果没空间 脑子从洞里挤出来 |
[03:16] | What is he talking about? | 他到底在讲什么啊 |
[03:18] | The brain is swelling, so we need to create more room. | 大脑在肿胀膨大 需要给它更大的空间 |
[03:22] | So we remove part of the skull. | 所以只好去掉部分颅骨 |
[03:24] | – And do what with it? – Stomach. | -去掉的颅骨怎么办 -肚子里 |
[03:26] | We store the skull bone in the abdomen. | 我们把颅骨放在腹腔里 |
[03:29] | The peritoneum in the belly actually nourishes the skull bone. | 腹腔内的腹膜可以给颅骨提供营养 |
[03:33] | It keeps it healthy while he recovers. | 一直到他完成治疗为止 |
[03:36] | And the operation… is it risky? | 那手术有风险吗 |
[03:40] | – Yes, ma’am. – Will die without. | -是的 女士 -不做会死 |
[03:42] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:46] | Promise me you’ll save him. Please. | 求你一定救救他 拜托 |
[03:51] | I will do. | 我会的 |
[04:02] | “If no room, brain squish out hole? ‘ | 如果没空间 脑子从洞里挤出来 |
[04:11] | So all this time they’ve been thinking it’s schizophrenia, | 这么久以来 他们都认为是精神分裂症 |
[04:14] | when that has been growing inside his head. | 而其实这玩意一直在他脑子里生长 |
[04:17] | Perhaps growing for five-plus years. | 有可能长了不止五年 |
[04:21] | It’s a bilobed meningioma. It’s on your frontal lobes. | 你得的是双叶脑膜瘤 位置在双侧额叶 |
[04:24] | Now, the good news is I might be able to fix it with surgery, | 好消息是我应该能通过手术治好它 |
[04:26] | but there are risks. | 但是有风险 |
[04:27] | Need dedicated TDM interconnections. | 需要专门基于TDM的网络互联 |
[04:29] | The ISAN alleviates post DA delay. | ISAN能够减轻DA转换延迟 |
[04:31] | Reduces routing issues. | 减少路由方面的问题 |
[04:32] | Yeah. I’ll take care of the routing issues. | 是的 我能解决路由问题 |
[04:34] | In the meantime, please, sign here. | 同时拜托请在这签字 |
[04:37] | Says that you understand the inherent risks. | 表示你明白潜在的风险 |
[04:40] | The soft-switch architecture is not right. | 软交换构架不可靠 |
[04:42] | It just isn’t right. | 不可靠 |
[04:43] | Absolutely. Please, sign here. | 当然 请在这签字 |
[04:44] | It says that you understand the risks of surgery | 这上面写的是你清楚手术风险 |
[04:46] | and that you knowingly consent to the procedure. | 并且对手术过程知情同意 |
[04:53] | You want to scrub up, be part of this? | 你想刷手消毒 参加手术吗 |
[04:55] | I would, but… | 我想 但… |
[04:58] | I know it isn’t my place to raise this concern… | 我知道我不该提出这个担忧 |
[05:00] | If you have a concern, doctor, it’s your duty to raise it. | 有顾虑就提 医生 这是职责所在 |
[05:03] | Okay, the consent… | 好吧 刚才的谈话 |
[05:05] | Was anything but informed. | 根本没有通知到位 |
[05:06] | The man had no idea what I was talking about. | 那个人完全不懂我在说什么 |
[05:08] | But with no family, no guardian, | 但他没有亲人和监护人 |
[05:09] | I’d either have to go to court, | 考虑到这个脑膜瘤的大小 |
[05:11] | which could take time he does not have, | 如果能节省他本就不多的时间 |
[05:12] | given the size of the meningioma, | 我宁愿上法庭 |
[05:14] | or I simply get another neuro who will agree | 或直接让另一位神经科医生 |
[05:16] | that the surgery is as necessary as it is urgent. | 赞同这个手术越早进行越好 |
[05:18] | Are you that neuro, Dr. Robidaux? | 你想做那个医生吗 罗比多医生 |
[05:22] | – Yes. – Good, then. Scrub up. | -是的 -好的 去刷手吧 |
[05:27] | So you’re not getting sued now. This is great. | 你不会被起诉了 很好啊 |
[05:29] | No, it’s bad, because I’ve lost even | 才不好呢 因为我输了 |
[05:30] | before being allowed to defend myself. | 连为自己辩护的机会都没有 |
[05:32] | Look… we get sued. Big deal. It happens. | 被起诉嘛 没啥大不了 常事儿 |
[05:34] | Be glad you now don’t have to deal with Mitch Tompkins. | 只是高兴你不必对付米奇·汤普金斯了 |
[05:36] | Okay, you are way too mellow. | 哎哟 说话真委婉 |
[05:38] | How great was this date with Lieberman? | 看来和利伯曼的约会很不错哟 |
[05:40] | Oh! Not get paged? | 没接到呼叫吗 |
[05:41] | We did, Sung, which is why we’re on our way to see you. | 接到了 阿成 所以我们来了 |
[05:43] | Walk leisure. This urgent. Stroke patient. | 走路散漫 情况紧急 中风患者 |
[05:45] | Hemicraniectomy. Need you. And you. | 偏侧颅骨切除术 需要你 还有你 |
[05:47] | Patient old. Fat. Scrub. | 患者老年 肥胖 刷手 |
[05:51] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -无语了 -是啊 |
[05:53] | Gangbanger gets shot in the head by another banger, | 一个小混混被另一个小混混一枪爆头 |
[05:55] | and the family is suing me, the doctor. | 家属却来起诉我这个医生 |
[05:57] | Welcome to American jurisprudence. | 看来你终于认识美国的法律体系了 |
[05:59] | – Wha- You think that’s funny? – I didn’t intend it as funny. | -这事很好笑吗 -我没有说笑的意思 |
[06:01] | Mr. Tompkins sues doctors in bulk | 汤普金斯先生起诉过很多医生 |
[06:03] | and typically extracts onerous settlements, | 而且通常后面会跟着天价的索赔 |
[06:05] | more times than not, | 他常用的手段则是 |
[06:06] | by getting defendants to make incriminating… | 引诱被告说出对己不利的证词 |
[06:08] | or, worse, dumb…declarations on the record. | 或更糟 发表愚蠢的声明被记录在案 |
[06:10] | And if first impressions count, | 如果算上第一印象 |
[06:12] | you strike me as low-hanging fruit. | 我看你在他眼中简直易如反掌 |
[06:14] | Have you ever been deposed by Mr. Tompkins before? | 你有被汤普金斯要求取证的经历吗 |
[06:16] | No, but I can certainly handle… | 没有 但我一定能应付 |
[06:18] | The answer to that question would be “no”. | 那么答案就是「没有」 |
[06:19] | You leave it at “no”. | 你就咬死了说「没有」 |
[06:20] | You do not qualify, elaborate, or explain. | 不要补充 详述或解释 |
[06:23] | The more you say, the more you pay… | 说的越多 赔的就越多 |
[06:23] | this has been my experience with Mitch Tompkins. | 这是我和米奇·汤普金斯打交道的经验 |
[06:31] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:33] | Mr. Carter, how we doing? | 卡特先生 感觉如何 |
[06:36] | – I know. – I’m sorry? | -我知道 -您说什么 |
[06:37] | I know that you’re CIA. | 我知道你是中情局的 |
[06:39] | And you’re trying to cut these secrets out of my head. | 你想把我大脑里的秘密切除 |
[06:42] | You just try to relax, okay? | 试着放松点 好吗 |
[06:43] | – I’ll make you better. – I want my lawyer. | -我会让你舒服点的 -我想要律师 |
[06:47] | Whoa. What did he say? | 他刚才说什么 |
[06:48] | He said, “let’s do it”. | 他说「快动手吧」 |
[06:53] | I’m not sure I’m comfortable with what I just heard. | 他的话让我有点不自在 |
[06:56] | That’s not what I got from the pre-op eval. | 和术前评估上写的不一致 |
[06:59] | Uh, h-hold on, everybody. | 各位 暂停一下 |
[07:00] | Let’s all take a moment while Dr. Wong gets himself comfortable. | 大伙都歇一歇 等黄医生自在了再说 |
[07:04] | Maybe, in the meantime, we can all watch a little TV. | 与此同时 我们或许还能看看小电视 |
[07:07] | I direct your attention to the monitor featuring a large | 请大家把注意力转向监控屏幕上 |
[07:09] | bilobed meningioma, one which needs to come out of the head. | 巨大的双叶脑膜瘤 急需从脑内切除 |
[07:13] | – Look… – I have assessed this patient, doctor, | -我说 -医生 我对患者做了评估 |
[07:15] | and found him to lack any comprehension | 发现他认知缺失 完全无法理解 |
[07:16] | of his medical condition, | 自己的身体状况 |
[07:18] | and therefore incapable of expressing informed consent. | 因此也没有能力表达手术知情同意 |
[07:21] | There is no alternative source for such consent. | 而且也没有其他途径能够完成知情同意 |
[07:23] | It therefore falls to me to weigh the risks | 因此我不得不权衡一下 |
[07:25] | of performing the proposed treatment versus not performing. | 采取治疗和不采取治疗之间的风险 |
[07:28] | My medical opinion is that this tumor needs to come out. | 我的建议是这个肿瘤必须得切除 |
[07:32] | Do you really mean to substitute your judgment | 你真的想代替我做出判断吗 |
[07:33] | for mine, Dr. Wong? | 黄医生 |
[07:38] | – No. – Good, then. | -不想 -那就好 |
[07:40] | Please put him to sleep. | 请给他上麻醉吧 |
[07:47] | CIA. It’s the CIA and the… | 中情局 是中情局 |
[07:50] | So many CIA. | 好多中情局的 |
[07:52] | And then they have… | 他们还有 |
[07:55] | That’s… | 真是 |
[08:11] | I’m telling you, one glass of wine, | 我跟你讲哦 就一杯酒 |
[08:12] | he went from geek to Cyrano De Bergerac. | 他就从书呆子变成了大鼻子情圣 |
[08:14] | No talk. Not high school. | 别说话 不是高中 |
[08:18] | – Was I being loud? – I didn’t think so. | -我刚刚很大声吗 -我没觉得啊 |
[08:22] | I stand corrected. | 看来我判断错误 |
[08:27] | – You ready? – Yeah. Bring it here, babe. | -准备好了吗 -没问题 拿来吧 |
[08:34] | Suture. | 缝合 |
[08:37] | Forceps. | 镊子 |
[08:56] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[08:57] | Me? Feel like I’m at Disneyland. | 我吗 就像到了迪斯尼乐园 |
[09:01] | You ever had a tumor on both hemispheres before? | 以前有过双叶都患肿瘤的患者吗 |
[09:04] | Once. This is rare. | 有过一个 挺罕见的 |
[09:10] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[09:25] | Nice. | 非常好 |
[09:28] | Well, first of all, let me say… | 首先 请允许我说 |
[09:30] | and I’ll even say it for the record… | 我也不介意会被记录在案 |
[09:32] | I happen to be a big proponent of organ donation. | 我极其支持器官捐赠 |
[09:35] | I have a brother-in-law who would not be alive today | 若不是因为我国的器官捐赠网络 |
[09:37] | but for our organ donation network. | 我的姐夫也不会活到今天 |
[09:39] | So, to the extent that you are a participant in this process… | 所以 因为您是这体系中的一份子 |
[09:43] | and I know you are, | 同时我也知道您是 |
[09:43] | as head of transplants at Chelsea General… | 切尔西中心医院的器官移植中心主任 |
[09:46] | Let me start off by offering a heartfelt thank you. | 我想首先向你表达由衷的感谢 |
[09:51] | I should also like to mention, for the record, | 我还想正式声明一下 |
[09:53] | that when a life is lost, many, many people suffer. | 当一个生命逝去时 许多人都会痛苦 |
[09:57] | The victim himself, the family, hospital staff, | 受害者自己 他的亲人 医务人员 |
[10:00] | even the doctors. | 甚至是医生 |
[10:02] | Am I right, Dr. Tierney? | 我说的对吗 蒂尔尼医生 |
[10:03] | Has my client’s loss of life caused you to suffer any? | 我当事人的死亡有让你感到痛苦吗 |
[10:09] | I, like you, am pained by any loss of life, Mr. Tompkins. | 我同您一样为逝者心痛 汤普金斯先生 |
[10:12] | My pain here is mitigated by the reality that, | 事实上器官移植也让很多生命得救 |
[10:15] | through the gift of transplants, other lives were saved. | 所以我的痛苦也随之减轻 |
[10:18] | How very well said. | 说的真好啊 |
[10:20] | And I am heartened, I must say, | 我得说 我都被你鼓舞了 |
[10:22] | to see you have your own personal suffering in check. | 看到你如此抑制自己内心的痛楚 |
[10:27] | Shall we turn to my client’s suffering, then? | 我们来聊聊我当事人的痛楚 好吗 |
[10:35] | He taking any breaths on his own? | 他有在自己呼吸吗 |
[10:36] | None. I haven’t given him anything for a bit. | 没有 这会儿我什么都没给他用 |
[10:39] | But he’s not lightening up. | 他的状况却仍然没有好转 |
[10:40] | No neuromuscular blockade on board? | 没用神经肌肉阻滞剂吗 |
[10:42] | Not for a while. | 停了一段时间了 |
[10:42] | And no pain response. | 也没有疼痛反应 |
[10:50] | He’s got decerebrate posturing! | 他现在是”去大脑强直” |
[10:51] | – How’s his end-tidal co2? – Normal. | -呼气末二氧化碳分压如何 -正常 |
[10:53] | Bring down more. | 再往下降些 |
[10:54] | Has he had any mannitol? Diuretics? | 给过他甘露醇吗 或其他利尿剂 |
[10:56] | Max dosage. Steroids, too. | 最大剂量 激素冲击 |
[10:57] | – Can you buy him some more room? – No! | -能再给他切出点空间吗 -不行 |
[10:59] | – No? – There’s too much edema. | -不行吗 -水肿太厉害了 |
[11:00] | Malignant brain edema. He’s herniated his brain stem. | 恶性脑水肿 压迫脑干 |
[11:03] | Fixed and dilated. | 瞳孔散大 固定 |
[11:04] | – What was his Glasgow coma scale to start? – Seven. | -他的最初GCS评分多少 -七分 |
[11:06] | – He’s only three now. – Three’s low can go. | -现在只有三分了 -不能再低了 |
[11:08] | – Caloric reflex? – Ice water. | -冷热反射呢 -拿冰水来 |
[11:17] | No oculovestibular reflexes. | 眼前庭无反射 |
[11:26] | Swelling could not be contained. | 肿胀无法控制 |
[11:28] | Pressed on other parts of brain. | 压迫了大脑其他部位 |
[11:33] | He’s dead? | 他死了吗 |
[11:34] | H- he’s…he’s brain dead, yes. | 他 他脑死亡了 是的 |
[11:40] | He’s on a ventilator. | 他在靠呼吸机维持生命 |
[11:42] | He’s body is still working. | 器官功能还在 |
[11:44] | But I’m afraid he’s gone. | 但恐怕他已经走了 |
[11:48] | We are so sorry. | 我们非常抱歉 |
[11:51] | He… | 他 |
[11:53] | A ventilator? He-he’s on a machine? | 呼吸机 他靠机器呼吸吗 |
[11:56] | – Yes. – Well, he didn’t want a machine. | -是的 -可他想要的不是机器 |
[11:58] | That’s why we filled out all that paperwork… | 所以我们才填写了那么多文件 |
[12:00] | the directive. | 还有预嘱 |
[12:01] | The advance directive doesn’t actually apply during surgery. | 生前预嘱在手术期间是不适用的 |
[12:08] | He’s really dead? | 他真的死了吗 |
[12:10] | Okay. | 小心 |
[12:12] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[12:14] | How can he be gone? | 他怎么能就这么走了 |
[12:38] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:40] | – Because we can cut the night short if… – I’m okay. | -如果需要我们可以早点 -我没事 |
[12:46] | That poor woman. | 那个可怜的女人 |
[12:48] | They had no children. He was all she had. | 他们没有子女 他是她的唯一至亲 |
[12:56] | What? What are you thinking? | 怎么了 你在想什么 |
[12:58] | – Nothing. – That isn’t true. | -没什么 -不对 |
[12:59] | You were looking at me funny and thinking something. | 你看我的眼神古怪 还若有所思的样子 |
[13:03] | It wasn’t anything appropriate. | 说出来不太合适 |
[13:06] | Second date, we’re already keeping stuff from each other. | 才第二次约会 互相就已经有所隐瞒了 |
[13:09] | I guess that means we’re fast-tracked. | 看来进展很快啊 |
[13:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:13] | I have been hoping all day | 我今天一直盼着 |
[13:16] | that tonight I would be kissing you. | 晚上能够吻到你 |
[13:20] | And what I was thinking just now | 我刚刚想的是 |
[13:21] | is how that’s probably not going to happen. | 为什么感觉可能性不大呢 |
[13:26] | – Carla? – I told you… not appropriate. | -卡拉 -我说了 不太合适 |
[13:27] | Are you okay? Somebody, help! | 你没事吧 快来人 救命 |
[13:31] | – Ma’am! – Somebody help her! | -女士 -快来人帮帮她 |
[13:40] | Are you okay? Get her a chair now. | 你没事吧 给她找个椅子 |
[13:43] | Ma’am? Ma’am, look at me. | 女士 女士 看着我 |
[13:45] | I’m Dr. Sydney Napur, | 我是茜妮·纳普尔医生 |
[13:46] | I work at Chelsea General. | 在切尔西中心医院工作 |
[13:48] | Are you getting air okay? | 你呼吸还顺畅吗 |
[13:52] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[13:54] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[13:58] | Call 911! | 快打911 |
[14:00] | she’s not breathing! | 她不能呼吸了 |
[14:02] | Somebody call it! | 快打电话 |
[14:04] | Mr. Carter? | 卡特先生 |
[14:07] | Mr. Carter? | 卡特先生 |
[14:11] | How we doing? | 感觉如何 |
[14:15] | I’m Dr. Wilson. I performed the procedure. | 我是威尔逊医生 手术是我做的 |
[14:19] | What procedure? | 什么手术 |
[14:20] | You had a large tumor | 一个巨型肿瘤 |
[14:22] | on either side of your frontal lobe. | 侵犯了你的双侧额叶 |
[14:25] | Do you have any memory of meeting me before? | 你还记得之前见过我吗 |
[14:30] | And this is Dr. Robidaux. | 这位是罗比多医生 |
[14:31] | She assisted me with the procedure. | 是协助我手术的医生 |
[14:33] | How we doing? | 怎么样 |
[14:34] | I think we’re still trying to figure that out. | 我想还需要观察 |
[14:37] | Okay, Mr. Carter, for tonight, I just want you to rest, okay? | 卡特先生 今晚你先好好休息 好吗 |
[14:40] | We’ll go over everything tomorrow. | 明天再做其他检查 |
[14:41] | – It’s Cooper. – I’m sorry? | -是库珀 -什么 |
[14:43] | My name is Brian Cooper. | 我叫布莱恩·库珀 |
[14:47] | Uh, you were admitted as James Earl Carter. | 您登记的名字是詹姆斯·厄尔·卡特 |
[14:50] | Okay, I have no idea who that is. | 我不知道那是谁 |
[14:52] | But my name is Brian Cooper. Look, is my wife here? | 我的名字是布莱恩·库珀 我妻子在吗 |
[14:55] | I-I’d really like to talk to my wife. | 我很想跟她说说话 |
[14:58] | Well, um, we can certainly arrange that if… | 这我们完全可以安排 如果 |
[15:03] | Would you happen to know how to contact her? | 你知道她的联系方式吗 |
[15:05] | Yeah. You can call her at 503-278-8106. | 她的电话是503-278-8106 |
[15:10] | She lives at 1215 Bitteroot Drive in Beaumont. | 地址是博蒙特市比特卢特路1215号 |
[15:13] | Her name is Marylin. | 她叫玛若琳 |
[15:16] | 金融新闻 即将播出2013年财经预报 | |
[15:22] | Sir, ar-are you okay? | 先生 你没事吧 |
[15:25] | What year is it? | 现在是哪一年 |
[15:29] | 2013. | 2013年 |
[15:31] | What year did you think it was? | 你以为是哪年 |
[15:34] | 2006. | 2006年 |
[15:40] | What happened to me? | 我出什么事了 |
[15:46] | What happened to me? | 我这是怎么了 |
[15:57] | Just keep pushing me. | 一直推 别停下 |
[15:59] | Code team is waiting in the cath lab. You’re good to go. | 急救分队已到导管室 可以过去了 |
[16:02] | Asystole! Not responding to IV or tracheal epi. | 心搏骤停 经静脉或气管内给肾上腺素均无反应 |
[16:04] | Get me an intracardiac dose! | 给我一剂心内注射肾上腺素 |
[16:11] | – You okay? – Yeah. Fine. | -没事吧 -没事 |
[16:14] | You don’t look fine. | 你看起来可不像没事的 |
[16:16] | She’s really an extraordinary woman… Dr. Napur. | 她真是个非同寻常的女子 纳普尔医生 |
[16:21] | – Can I be honest? – Yeah. | -能说句实话吗 -好 |
[16:23] | You’re overmatched, my man. | 你差太多了 伙计 |
[16:26] | That woman will run through you like crap through a goose. | 那个女人会把你打得屁滚尿流 |
[16:31] | Just my opinion, but… | 纯属个人建议 但 |
[16:34] | crap through a goose. | 屁滚尿流 |
[16:45] | Dr. Park. | 朴医生 |
[16:47] | Hi. Fran Horowitz from Risk Management. | 你好 我是风险管理部的弗兰·霍洛维兹 |
[16:50] | We’ve met before. How are we today? | 我们之前见过面 今天还好吗 |
[16:52] | Busy. Go away. | 忙 走开 |
[16:53] | Of course, this will just take a minute. | 没问题 只要一分钟就好 |
[16:55] | I understand that you lost a patient yesterday | 我知道你昨天失去了一位患者 |
[16:58] | And you’re meeting with his wife this morning. | 今早你要跟他妻子会面 |
[17:00] | – Can we talk about that for a second? – No. Busy. | -能简单说几句吗 -不 很忙 |
[17:02] | Well, understanding that you’re busy, | 我知道你很忙 |
[17:05] | I’d nevertheless like to have a conversation. | 但我还是想跟你谈谈 |
[17:07] | And, in fact, Harding Hooten personally asked me | 其实 是哈丁·胡顿亲自请我 |
[17:09] | to stop by for a chat. | 过来跟你聊聊的 |
[17:16] | I know you’re familiar with the Sorry Coalition, | 我想你应该对「道歉联盟」很熟悉吧 |
[17:19] | and the multitude of studies that show, | 多数研究表明 |
[17:21] | from a risk-management perspective, | 从风险管理角度来说 |
[17:24] | a doctor’s compassion… | 医生的怜悯之心 |
[17:25] | Not sorry. Sorry dead. Not sorry do. | 不道歉 为去世遗憾 不为手术道歉 |
[17:28] | – Do nothing wrong. Go. – Yes. | -我没做错 走 -好 |
[17:31] | Notwithstanding that the procedure was done correctly | 虽然从医学和技术角度看 |
[17:34] | from a medical and technical standpoint, | 手术步骤完全正确 |
[17:36] | studies do show that a doctor’s contrition… | 但研究确实表明医生的悔悟 |
[17:39] | Not sorry do. Sorry dead, | 不为手术道歉 为去世遗憾 |
[17:41] | not do. Go away. | 不为手术 走开 |
[17:42] | Yes. Why don’t I just leave you some information to review. | 好 不如我给你留些资料看看吧 |
[17:46] | This is a pamphlet created by the sorry coalition. | 这是「道歉联盟」制作的宣传册 |
[17:49] | Doctors find that it, too, can be be very helpful. | 很多医生也认为很有帮助 |
[17:53] | Keep in mind that family members’ primary motive | 要记得与家属进行事后谈话时 |
[17:56] | when having these post-mortem conversations | 家属的主要目的 |
[17:58] | is simply ascertaining exactly what happened. | 只是确定查明所有真相 |
[18:01] | Now, if we were to role-play for a second, | 现在假如我们角色扮演一下 |
[18:04] | and I, as Eloise Fernwood, were to ask you, | 我扮演艾罗伊兹·芬伍德 会问你 |
[18:09] | “What happened, doctor? | 「出什么事了 医生 |
[18:10] | Why did my husband die?” | 我丈夫怎么去世的」 |
[18:12] | Your answer might be… | 你的回答会是 |
[18:15] | Fat. Eat too much bad food. | 太胖 垃圾食品吃太多 |
[18:19] | Yes. | 好 |
[18:22] | Um, I’m going to leave you a few more pamphlets. | 我多给你几本小册子 |
[18:28] | These and these and these. | 这些 还有这些 还有这些 |
[18:33] | First, regarding yesterday’s session, | 首先 就昨天的会面 |
[18:35] | a heartfelt thank you. | 由衷地向你致谢 |
[18:36] | I feel much more up to speed. | 我对情况有了更多了解 |
[18:39] | Though a bit conflicted, I must say. | 虽然不得不说 有点困惑 |
[18:42] | Given your actions, I have absolutely no doubt that | 从你的行为来看 我绝对相信 |
[18:45] | your efforts contributed greatly to the preservation of life. | 你的付出对救死扶伤功不可没 |
[18:50] | Well done. | 做得很棒 |
[18:53] | Now… | 不过 |
[18:54] | in going over the transcript, I do have a question. | 在浏览记录的时候 我发现一个问题 |
[18:57] | At the time you harvested the organs of my client, Gavin Jasper, | 你摘取我当事人加文·贾斯珀的器官时 |
[19:02] | how dead was he? | 他的濒死程度如何 |
[19:04] | How dead was he? | 濒死程度如何 |
[19:06] | This would be my question, yes. | 对 这就是我的问题 |
[19:07] | He was dead. | 他已死亡 |
[19:08] | But you mistakenly thought him dead before, right? | 但你之前误以为他死了 对吧 |
[19:11] | Which occasioned him to gesticulate at you. | 使他不得不对你打了个手势 |
[19:13] | The very reason I had the neuro- resident conduct the exam | 所以我才让神经科医师做了检查 |
[19:16] | was to confirm the patient’s death. | 就是为了确认患者已过世 |
[19:18] | When it was revealed to me that he was not dead, I left. | 当结果显示他并未去世时 我就离开了 |
[19:22] | I returned to harvest the organs | 我回来摘取器官 |
[19:24] | only after he had officially been pronounced deceased. | 是在他被正式宣布死亡之后 |
[19:27] | Excellent. All cleared up. Wonderful. | 非常好 没有疑问了 很好 |
[19:31] | Except I’m still a bit confused. | 只是我还有一点困惑 |
[19:33] | What constituted Gavin Jasper as dead? | 加文·贾斯珀的死亡是由何得出的 |
[19:36] | After the patient underwent a clinical neurological assessment, | 患者在经过神经学临床评估后 |
[19:40] | he was given what is known as an apnea test. | 要接受呼吸暂停试验 |
[19:44] | Basically, the ventilator is stopped. | 基本上就是停用呼吸机后 |
[19:46] | You allow the carbon dioxide levels to increase. | 使二氧化碳张力升高 |
[19:50] | You check to see whether the patient can breathe or gasp. | 这时检查患者是否可自主呼吸或气喘 |
[19:52] | If he cannot, he is deemed brain dead. | 如果没有 就被认定脑死亡 |
[19:54] | – And that’s what happened here? Correct. | -情况就是这样吗 -没错 |
[19:56] | Mr. Jasper was taken off a ventilator. | 贾斯珀先生的呼吸机断开 |
[19:57] | He did not gasp. He did not breathe. | 他没有喘气 他没有呼吸 |
[19:59] | You pronounced him dead. Yes. Correct. | 你就说他死了 没错 |
[20:01] | At which point you put him back on a ventilator | 后来你给他重新接上呼吸机 |
[20:02] | – and kept him alive while you cut out all his organs. – No. | -让他活着同时被取走所有器官 -不是 |
[20:06] | No? He was not put back on a ventilator? | 不对 他没有重新连上呼吸机 |
[20:07] | – Yes, he was. – Why? To keep him dead? | -接上了 -为什么 为让他维持死亡吗 |
[20:10] | To keep his organs alive. | 为维持他的器官存活 |
[20:12] | See this is where I get confused. | 这就是我不理解的地方了 |
[20:15] | – Was he dead or alive? – He was absolutely dead. | -他到底是死了还是活着 -他确实死了 |
[20:19] | – His heart had stopped. – No. The heart was beating. | -他心脏停搏了 -不 心脏还在跳动 |
[20:21] | In fact, he could still have had a heart attack. | 事实上 他可能还会心脏病发作 |
[20:23] | – Yes. – How common is that, doctor? | -是的 -这种情况很常见吗 医生 |
[20:25] | For a dead man to have a heart attack? | 死人心脏病发作 |
[20:27] | We are talking about brain dead, okay? | 我们说的是脑死亡 懂吗 |
[20:29] | Your patient was brain dead. | 你的患者脑死亡了 |
[20:31] | No, he was my client, actually. | 不对 他是我的当事人 |
[20:34] | He was your patient, doctor. | 他是你的患者 医生 |
[20:38] | Your patient. | 你的患者 |
[20:42] | When my client was put back on a ventilator, | 当我当事人重新接上呼吸机后 |
[20:44] | – could this have prolonged his suffering? – Absolutely not. | -会延长他的痛苦吗 -当然不会 |
[20:46] | The pain center of the brain was dead. | 他大脑感应疼痛的部位已经死亡了 |
[20:48] | Well, that’s good to know. | 很高兴知道这一点 |
[20:49] | So there would be no need for, say, an anesthesiologist? | 也就是说麻醉师没有必要在场了 |
[20:57] | The anesthesiologist was there to make sure | 麻醉师在场是为了确保 |
[21:00] | the parts were properly oxygenated. | 患者的器官供氧情况良好 |
[21:02] | Wasn’t he also making sure | 他是不是还要确保 |
[21:03] | – that Mr. Jasper wouldn’t suffer muscle spasms? – Yes. | -贾斯珀先生遭受肌肉痉挛之痛 -对 |
[21:06] | And controlling muscle spasms with anesthesia… | 而用麻醉剂缓解肌肉痉挛 |
[21:08] | isn’t that a form of pain management? | 也是一种止痛治疗方法 不是吗 |
[21:10] | Just so I’m clear, my dead client, | 那我明白了 我死去的当事人 |
[21:13] | your dead patient whose lungs were breathing, | 你死去的患者 他的肺还在呼吸 |
[21:16] | whose heart was beating, had an anesthesiologist | 心脏还在跳动 要靠在场的麻醉师 |
[21:18] | present to manage his pain. | 缓解他的疼痛 |
[21:20] | Your client was not capable of feeling pain. He was brain dead. | 你的当事人已感觉不到疼痛 他脑死亡了 |
[21:23] | And you made sure of this, right? | 你确认过了的 对吗 |
[21:25] | Before cutting out his parts. | 在取出他的器官前 |
[21:27] | You did an EEG on him | 你给他做了脑电图 |
[21:29] | to see if there was any activity in his cortex. | 以检测其大脑皮层是否存在电生理活动 |
[21:31] | You tested him for higher brain activity, right? | 你对他进行了更深层大脑活动测试对吗 |
[21:38] | No? | 没有吗 |
[21:40] | You just gave him a little apnea test, | 你只做了个简单的窒息测试 |
[21:43] | then, whoosh, | 然后就嗖嗖嗖 |
[21:43] | started removing the kidneys and liver? | 开始摘取他的肾脏和肝了吗 |
[21:45] | – How dare you? – All right. All right. | -你好大的胆子 -好了 好了 |
[21:46] | Gee. That was actually my next question. | 天啊 这就是我接下来要问的 |
[21:51] | You got all the organ recipients on hand. | 你让所有的器官移植接受者都准备就位 |
[21:53] | A schoolteacher, a doctor, an engineer… | 一名教师 一名医生 一名工程师 |
[21:56] | all these wonderful lives to be saved. | 你要拯救这些人的美好人生 |
[22:00] | A black kid, gunshot to the head. | 一个黑人孩子 被一枪爆头 |
[22:04] | What are we waiting for, right? | 还等什么呢 对吧 |
[22:06] | Sure looks dead enough for me. | 看起来死了 就够了 |
[22:21] | You have no real memories for last 7 years. | 你对之前的七年毫无记忆吗 |
[22:25] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[22:27] | Hazy recollection of being | 有些很模糊的记忆 |
[22:29] | either on a street or…or an alley. | 好像是在大街上 还有巷子里 |
[22:33] | The lab work does indicate some drug abuse. | 实验显示 你曾经吸过毒 |
[22:41] | Uh, we were able to locate a Marylin Cooper. | 我们找到了玛若琳·库珀 |
[22:44] | And, uh, you have two daughters, Emma and Michaela? | 还有 你有两个女儿爱玛和米凯拉是吗 |
[22:47] | Yes. Yes. Are… are they here? | 是的没错 他们来了吗 |
[22:55] | What? | 怎么了 |
[22:57] | Mr. Cooper, you went missing. | 库珀先生 你当时失踪了 |
[23:00] | A missing person’s report was filed in 2006. | 2006年被申报为失踪人口 |
[23:03] | In 2009… | 2009年 |
[23:05] | Your wife was granted a divorce in absentia. | 你妻子在你缺席的情况下与你离婚 |
[23:11] | And she’s remarried. | 她现在再婚了 |
[23:18] | What? | 什么 |
[23:20] | Was I wrong to just blurt it out? | 我是不是不该这么直接 |
[23:23] | Well. It had to be said. | 这个 反正早晚得说 |
[23:25] | Okay, first thing, let’s get a counselor in with him. | 好了 我们先为他找个心理咨询师吧 |
[23:27] | I did make contact with his ex-wife. | 我和他前妻联系过了 |
[23:30] | She’s coming in. | 她正往这边赶 |
[23:32] | O-okay. Okay. Let me talk to her first. | 好 好的 让我先和她谈谈 |
[23:37] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不行不行 不可以 |
[23:39] | I do not want this case settled. Absolutely… | 我不想让这案子和解 绝对 |
[23:44] | – How much are we looking at? – High six figures, minimum. | -我们要赔多少 -至少要六位数 |
[23:46] | What? I didn’t fire the gun! | 什么 又不是我开的枪 |
[23:48] | – I didn’t pull the trigger. – Buck. | -又不是我扣的扳机 -巴克 |
[23:49] | We never order up extra tests if they met criteria. | 如果符合标准 我们是不会做额外测试的 |
[23:53] | I mean, my God, if we double, triple, quadruple check | 天啊 如果我们对送来的 |
[23:55] | every thug that comes in here with a hole in his head | 所有头部中枪的人 都一而再再而三地 |
[23:57] | and clinical proof of brain death. | 反复进行临床测试以证明其脑死亡 |
[24:00] | This is exactly why we’re looking at high sixes, | 这就是为什么我们会被索赔六位数的金额 |
[24:02] | let alone you hovered over this patient | 先别说你像只秃鹰一样在患者上方盘旋 |
[24:04] | like a vulture, waiting for him to die. | 虎视眈眈地等着他死去 |
[24:05] | The fact that it was a black banger only makes it worse. | 更糟糕的是对方还是混黑帮的黑人小混混 |
[24:08] | And that you would celebrate the successful harvesting | 而且你还当着他母亲的面 |
[24:10] | of his organs in front of his mother… | 庆祝成功摘取了器官 |
[24:12] | I did not celebrate. | 我没有庆祝 |
[24:14] | We saved six lives, for god’s sake. | 我们救了六条人命 看在上帝的份上 |
[24:16] | Now, what? We’re gonna get whacked with a lawsuit for that? | 现在是怎样 我们要为此惹上官司吗 |
[24:18] | Are you serious? | 开什么玩笑 |
[24:20] | Do not settle this case, Harding. | 不要和解这个案子 哈丁 |
[24:22] | Thank you, Buck. I will take that under advisement. | 谢谢你 巴克 我会考虑你的提议的 |
[24:25] | This is unbelievable. | 简直匪夷所思 |
[24:31] | Settle it. | 和解吧 |
[24:35] | We think, um… | 我们认为 |
[24:37] | Suffered sequelae of his stroke during procedure. | 手术期间发生了中风的继发症 |
[24:42] | Sometimes bad things happen. | 有时就是突发横祸 |
[24:46] | Did… were there complications during the procedure? | 是 手术期间引发了并发症吗 |
[24:50] | No. It went as planned… | 没有 手术很顺利 |
[24:53] | Until dead. | 直到死亡 |
[24:59] | Your husband was not in good physical condition. | 你丈夫的身体状况不是很好 |
[25:01] | We try our best, but… | 我们尽力了 但是 |
[25:05] | Sometimes these things happen. | 这种情况时有发生 |
[25:11] | So I have advance directive. | 我看到他的生前预嘱 |
[25:14] | He not want artificial means. | 他不希望靠设备维持生命 |
[25:17] | You want disconnect ventilator? | 你想停掉呼吸机吗 |
[25:26] | Hey! You. | 你 站住 |
[25:28] | – Uh-oh. – Yeah. “Uh-oh” is right. | -唉呀 -很好 唉呀就对了 |
[25:30] | Did you actually tell Lieberman | 你真的跟利伯曼说 |
[25:31] | I would go through him like crap through a goose? | 我能把他打到屁滚尿流 |
[25:33] | In a good way. | 我那是褒义 |
[25:34] | What is wrong with you? | 你什么毛病啊 |
[25:35] | You’re too much for that guy. | 那家伙跟你差太多了 |
[25:37] | You don’t even know him. | 你根本不了解人家好吗 |
[25:38] | Yeah, but I know you, Syd. | 没错 但我了解你 茜妮 |
[25:39] | All I was doing was making sure | 我只不过是为了确保 |
[25:40] | he didn’t take you for granted. | 他不会将你不当回事儿 |
[25:42] | First of all, what business is it of yours… | 首先 这关你什么事啦 |
[25:43] | That I protect my people? | 保护自家人不关我事吗 |
[25:46] | And by the by, given your track record with men, | 还有啊 考虑到你的前男友们 |
[25:48] | I stand by my “Crap through a goose” analogy. | 我坚持”屁滚尿流”的比喻 |
[25:52] | Dr. Napur. | 纳普尔医生 |
[25:54] | First off, very well done on saving a life last night, | 首先 昨晚你救了一条人命 干得好 |
[25:57] | Starting off with the successful, | 在这次成功的救治中 |
[25:59] | though I have been told, | 我也听说 |
[25:59] | a lightly awkward execution of the Heimlich. | 实施海姆利克急救好像不是很顺利 |
[26:02] | And then your extraordinary en-route intubation | 然后你神勇地在途中进行插管 |
[26:05] | and eventual resuscitation, | 随后进行了心肺复苏 |
[26:07] | buttoned off finally with your brilliant bypass. | 最终以你完美的搭桥手术收尾 |
[26:10] | – What’d I do? – I beg your pardon? | -我又犯啥错了 -你说什么 |
[26:11] | You got that Monday-morning look in your eye. | 你满眼都是周一晨会的眼神儿 |
[26:13] | – Am I getting 311’d? – Oh, don’t be silly. | -要我去311室候着吗 -别傻了 |
[26:15] | I got the page, Harding, does it toll for me? | 我接到传呼了 哈丁 是因为我吗 |
[26:17] | It does not. | 不是 |
[26:17] | However, if it were to toll for you… | 即便是因为你 |
[26:19] | I knew it. What’d I do? | 知道了 我哪里错了 |
[26:21] | Well, you did rather declare yourself last night | 昨晚在餐厅你有自称是 |
[26:24] | in the restaurant as a doctor from Chelsea General. | 切尔西中心医院的医生 |
[26:26] | In so doing, any subsequent treatment you rendered | 这样一来 你之后所做出的任何医治 |
[26:29] | would potentially incur a liability | 都可能导致医院承担 |
[26:31] | on the hospital’s behalf. | 相关的法律责任 |
[26:33] | We don’t like being held accountable | 我们不想为发生在餐馆里的事情 |
[26:34] | that transpire in restaurants. | 承担责任 |
[26:37] | Next time, let’s just give the lady a big squeeze | 下次请直接抱着那位女士急救 |
[26:39] | without the song and dance, shall we? | 别说那么多废话了 知道吗 |
[26:49] | He started to behave erratically, | 他开始变得行为怪异 |
[26:52] | both at home and at work. | 不管是在家还是在上班 |
[26:55] | He started drinking. | 还开始酗酒 |
[26:56] | And one day, he just… | 然后 突然有一天 |
[26:59] | never came home. | 他就再也没回家 |
[27:01] | He… he just didn’t come back. | 他从此就再也没回来 |
[27:07] | It hardly seems… | 这看起来好像 |
[27:08] | Possible? | 不可能 |
[27:10] | Yeah, I know, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[27:11] | In fact, this case will likely get written up | 事实上 本病例很可能会被记入 |
[27:13] | in a lot of journals. | 很多医学期刊 |
[27:16] | But in between all the fine print, | 但我觉得在履行种种法律细则的同时 |
[27:19] | I’m afraid, will be a great deal of anguish, | 对他 对您 对你们的孩子来说 |
[27:21] | for him, for you, your children. | 都会带来极大的痛苦 |
[27:28] | And…how shall I handle this? | 那我应该怎么办 |
[27:32] | Mrs. Cooper… | 库珀太太 |
[27:33] | It’s Kupcheck now. | 现在是卡普切克太太 |
[27:37] | I’m a neurosurgeon. W-we’re cutters. | 我是神经外科医生 只懂动刀 |
[27:41] | We open up brains, we resect tumors. | 我们打开头颅 切除肿瘤 |
[27:43] | We’re… we’re cutters. | 我们 只懂动刀 |
[27:44] | And what we’ve opened up here, I’m afraid… | 但我们现在发现的情况 我想… |
[27:47] | we are not equipped to… | 我们不适合… |
[27:52] | But your husband… your ex-husband | 但您的丈夫 您前夫 |
[27:55] | is meeting with a counselor right now. | 现在正与心理咨询师见面 |
[27:57] | And my feeling is that you should, as well, | 我觉得在您去见他之前 也应该 |
[28:01] | before you see him. | 先见见咨询师 |
[28:03] | And… and how is he? | 那 他情况怎么样 |
[28:07] | He’s… | 他… |
[28:09] | Well, he’s very scared. | 他很害怕 |
[28:12] | And he’s missing you a lot. | 也非常想你 |
[28:15] | You and the girls. | 你和女儿们 |
[28:28] | Okay, as we seem to have a full docket today, | 今天要讨论的事项很多 |
[28:31] | let’s get started. | 赶紧开始吧 |
[28:40] | Dr. Wilson. | 威尔逊医生 |
[28:41] | Oh, there’s no need for you to come up, | 你不需要站上台 |
[28:42] | but, um, could you tell us about Brian Cooper. | 不过 你能谈谈布莱恩·库珀吗 |
[28:55] | Brian Cooper was a homeless man, suffering from delusions, | 布莱恩·库珀是流浪汉 两天前 |
[28:58] | who was admitted to the psych ward two nights ago. | 因患有妄想症送入医院精神病区 |
[29:00] | Suspecting a physical root for his psychosis, | 因为怀疑他的精神错乱有生理原因 |
[29:03] | I ordered an MRI where it was determined | 我安排他做了核磁共振 从而确定 |
[29:06] | that he was suffering from a benign but large bilobed meningioma. | 他患有良性但体积很大的双叶脑膜瘤 |
[29:10] | Surgery was performed, the tumor was resected. | 实施了手术 切除了脑瘤 |
[29:13] | The delusions have disappeared, and, at this point, | 幻觉也消失了 目前来看 |
[29:15] | we’re hoping for a full recovery. | 有很大机会可以完全康复 |
[29:16] | Wow. I’d call that a miracle, Dr. Wilson. | 可以称之为奇迹了 威尔逊医生 |
[29:19] | Wouldn’t you call that a miracle? | 你觉得可以算是奇迹吗 |
[29:21] | I imagine Mr. Cooper must be very excited | 我猜库珀先生一定很高兴 |
[29:23] | that such a miracle was performed. | 他得到了如此奇迹般的医治 |
[29:25] | Did he strike you as being excited that you performed it? | 你觉得他对你的救治感到高兴吗 |
[29:31] | Mr. Cooper lacked any and all competence | 库珀先生当时缺乏认知甚至完全没能力 |
[29:34] | to provide informed consent. | 证明自己知情同意 |
[29:35] | – Does he have family? – None that we could find. | -他有亲人吗 -我们没找到 |
[29:37] | – So I made the decision… – How hard did you look? | -所以我决定 -你寻找的努力程度是多少 |
[29:40] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[29:41] | How hard did you look to find this man’s family | 你让他接受危及生命的脑外科手术之前 |
[29:43] | before you subjected him to a life-threatening brain surgery? | 用了多大的努力去寻找这个人的亲人 |
[29:51] | It’s difficult sometimes not to rush, | 不操之过急有时是挺难的 |
[29:54] | when there are great miracles to be had? | 尤其是面对即将实现的奇迹 |
[29:57] | Did you discuss the matter with any of your colleagues? | 你有跟同事讨论过这个病例吗 |
[29:59] | With Dr. Robidaux. | 跟罗比多医生讨论过 |
[30:01] | Dr. Robidaux, please stand. | 罗比多医生 请起立 |
[30:08] | Comments? | 有何评论 |
[30:12] | Uh, well, with all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[30:13] | I’m not sure I was even inclined to order up an MRI. | 当时我甚至都没想过要做磁核共振 |
[30:17] | The man was homeless, a diagnosed schizophrenic, | 那人是个流浪汉 确诊为精神分裂 |
[30:20] | with no insurance. | 也没医疗保险 |
[30:21] | As for the procedure itself, he didn’t just fail to consent, | 至于手术 他不仅无法给出知情同意 |
[30:24] | he refused to give it. | 他拒绝了 |
[30:26] | In fact, I think he told Dr. Wilson to go eff himself. | 事实上 我记得他叫威尔逊医生滚蛋 |
[30:29] | In my opinion, 99 out of a hundred doctors | 我认为有99%的医生 |
[30:32] | would have welcomed the invitation to just walk away. | 会对这句话求之不得 巴不得一走了之 |
[30:35] | The only reason that Mr. Cooper is healthy, | 库珀先生现在能康复 |
[30:39] | perhaps even alive, is because he got the one surgeon | 甚至说活下来的唯一原因就是他遇到一位 |
[30:41] | willing to ignore all the bureaucratic BS | 愿意忽略一切官僚废话 |
[30:44] | and just do what was necessary. | 只做需要做的医生 |
[30:46] | That would be my comment. | 这就是我的评论 |
[30:49] | With all due respect. | 恕我冒昧了 |
[30:55] | Well, that’s certainly one way of looking at it. | 这当然是其中一种看法 |
[30:57] | This was certainly a very lucky patient. | 他的确是一位很幸运的患者 |
[31:00] | Not just to get Ty Wilson’s gifted neurological hands, | 不仅有幸受到泰·威尔逊的天才治疗 |
[31:03] | but also his legendary ego. | 也欣赏到了他无与伦比的自负 |
[31:06] | After all, his life might have been saved | 毕竟 他之所以能得救 |
[31:08] | because he just happened on the one doctor | 是因为他恰巧碰到的那位医生 |
[31:10] | who refuses to recognize the possibility that he might ever be wrong. | 永远拒绝承认自己有可能出错 |
[31:17] | Please take a seat, Dr. Wilson. | 请坐吧 威尔逊医生 |
[31:21] | Buck, do come and join us, please. | 巴克 请上台说说吧 |
[31:28] | Actually, I’ve changed my mind. Go back where you were. | 我改主意了 坐回原位吧 |
[31:30] | Dr. Park. | 朴医生 |
[31:31] | Come tell us about Floyd Fernwood. | 上台来说说弗洛伊·芬伍德吧 |
[31:39] | 62-year-old male. | 62岁 老年男性 |
[31:41] | Middle cerebral artery occlusion. Code stroke called. | 大脑中动脉闭塞 出现中风症状 |
[31:44] | Perform urgent decompressive hemicraniectomy. | 实施紧急减压偏侧颅骨切除术 |
[31:47] | – Dead. – Oh, what was that last bit? | -死亡 -最后那句是什么 |
[31:49] | – Dead. – And that’s the end of the story, Doctor? | -死亡 -这就完事了吗 医生 |
[31:51] | A patient died, move on to the next thing, is it? | 患者死了 继续做其他的治疗 是吗 |
[31:54] | Did you meet with Fran Horowitz | 你有跟风险管理部的 |
[31:55] | from Risk Management, Doctor? | 弗兰·霍洛维兹会面吗 医生 |
[31:57] | Yes. | 见了 |
[31:58] | Did you read the pamphlets as provided by the Sorry Coalition? | 你有阅读”道歉联盟”提供的宣传册吗 |
[32:01] | Are you aware of the “Sorry Works” philosophy, Doctor? | 你知道”道歉联盟”的理念吗 医生 |
[32:06] | Tell us about that philosophy, Dr. Park. | 跟我们说说它的理念 朴医生 |
[32:08] | Say sorry, patient or family less likely sue. | 道歉 患者或家人就少些起诉 |
[32:10] | – Stupid. – Stupid? | -真傻 -傻 |
[32:12] | Yes. Did nothing wrong, not say sorry. | 没错 没做错事 不说道歉 |
[32:14] | Make no mistake, make no apology. | 没犯错误 无可道歉 |
[32:16] | But what exactly did you convey to Mrs. Fernwood | 但你在芬伍德先生逝世之后 |
[32:19] | after her husband passed? | 你跟他太太具体说了什么呢 |
[32:21] | Well, actually, let’s just rewind, shall we? | 我们还是回过头来重说一下吧 |
[32:24] | Let’s go back to, um… | 我们回到… |
[32:25] | Let’s go all the way back to “Dead.” | 我们回到”死亡”那句 |
[32:28] | Did Mr. Fernwood die on the operating table? | 芬伍德先生死在手术台上了吗 |
[32:31] | Brain dead. Put on ventilator. | 脑死亡 装上了呼吸机 |
[32:33] | Ventilator disconnect this morning. | 今早停掉了呼吸机 |
[32:34] | Now dead-dead. | 现在彻底死亡 |
[32:36] | Prior to surgery, | 做手术之前 |
[32:37] | – Did Mr. Fernwood have an advance directive? – Yes. | -芬伍德先生有生前预嘱吗 -有 |
[32:40] | And what were his wishes as regards to | 那他对于人工生命支持治疗 |
[32:43] | artificial life-sustaining treatment? | 有什么样的愿望 |
[32:45] | No life-sustaining measures if condition irreversible. | 如病情无法逆转 无须人工生命支持治疗 |
[32:48] | So how is it that he ended up connected to a ventilator | 那他在无法逆转的昏迷和脑死亡情况下 |
[32:51] | in the face of irreversible coma and brain death? | 为什么还会被装上呼吸机 |
[32:54] | I mean, most of us would recognize that as “Life-sustaining.” | 我们大部分人将其称为人工维持生命治疗 |
[32:56] | I didn’t know what the advance directive said. | 我根本不知道生前预嘱的具体内容 |
[32:58] | But no matter, directive no good during surgery anyway. | 不管怎样 预嘱在手术进行过程中不适用 |
[33:01] | – Suspended. – Ah, so after surgery, | -暂时无效 -所以手术后 |
[33:03] | we had a patient who was brain dead, | 我们的患者成了脑死亡 |
[33:05] | hooked up to a respirator. | 戴着呼吸器 |
[33:07] | Ask Mrs. Fernwood what want do. | 问过芬伍德太太打算怎么办 |
[33:09] | We then disconnect. Now patient dead-dead. | 然后我们就停了 现在患者彻底死亡了 |
[33:15] | “Ask Mrs. Fernwood what want do”? | 问过芬伍德太太打算怎么办 |
[33:19] | Why bother to ask her anything at all? | 何苦多此一举问她呢 |
[33:21] | Courtesy. | 出于礼貌 |
[33:22] | Courtesy. Oh, my giddy heart. | 出于礼貌 真是要命了 |
[33:24] | I didn’t know you had that in your bag of tricks, doctor. | 我不知道您还有这项美德呢 医生 |
[33:27] | You didn’t think to ask before the surgery, | 你就没想到按照规定在手术前 |
[33:30] | as is required? | 询问一下吗 |
[33:31] | Wouldn’t that have been a more appropriate, | 那样不是更合理吗 |
[33:33] | courteous course of action to take? | 在采取行动之前礼貌问一下 |
[33:35] | I’m curious, doctor. | 我很好奇 医生 |
[33:36] | Why do you think people even bother with advance directives? | 你觉得人们为什么非得签生前预嘱呢 |
[33:41] | I mean, if one chooses not to be kept alive artificially, | 如果一个人选择不靠人工设备维持生命 |
[33:44] | why doesn’t one just communicate that | 何不直接告诉自己的家人 |
[33:46] | to family and friends and next of kin? | 朋友和直系亲属呢 |
[33:50] | Why go to all the trouble of executing a legal document? | 为什么要费尽周折签下一份法律文件呢 |
[33:53] | That seems like such a to-do, does it not? | 看起来真是大题小做 不是吗 |
[33:58] | One reason might be to save a loved one | 其中一个原因也许是拯救所爱至亲 |
[34:00] | from making an excruciating moral decision. | 让他们不用做出痛苦的道德抉择 |
[34:04] | I have an advance directive. | 我也有生前预嘱 |
[34:06] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[34:08] | Because, should I find myself | 因为如果有一天 |
[34:10] | hooked up to a bloody machine one day, | 我发现自己被困在该死的机器中 |
[34:12] | I don’t my wife facing a doctor who says to her, | 我不想让妻子面对一位会对她问出 |
[34:16] | “What want do?” | “打算怎么办”的医生 |
[34:19] | I don’t want my spouse in the terrible position | 我不希望让我的爱人为难 |
[34:22] | where she has to pull the plug | 以至于她不得不拔掉插头 |
[34:24] | and end the life on the one person she loves most of all. | 亲手了结今生挚爱之人的生命 |
[34:29] | Can you imagine causing such agony to someone, doctor? | 你能想象因此给人们带来的痛苦吗 医生 |
[34:41] | Buck. | 巴克 |
[34:42] | You know, I’ve decided to have a go at you after all. | 我还是决定请你来说一下 |
[34:45] | Please come and join us. | 请上台来吧 |
[34:50] | Oh, you can stay right there, Dr. Park. | 你可以留在台上 朴医生 |
[34:58] | I present to you all today | 今天我要向大家介绍一场 |
[34:59] | the case of the dueling ventilators. | 呼吸机之间的大比拼 |
[35:02] | Now, we’re all in the business of healing, am I right? | 我们的主要任务就是治疗疾病 对吧 |
[35:05] | Ameliorating suffering where and when we can? | 无论何时何地 缓解人们的痛苦 |
[35:08] | But suffering sometimes extends beyond the patient… | 但是痛苦有时会延伸到患者以外 |
[35:12] | To the patient’s family. | 延伸到患者家人身上 |
[35:14] | Dr. Park, | 朴医生 |
[35:17] | you looked into the eyes of a grieving widow | 你看着一名哀恸不已的孀妇的眼睛 |
[35:19] | while her husband was sustained on a machine, | 她的丈夫正靠机器维持着生命 |
[35:21] | when you said, “What want do?” | 当你说出「打算怎么办」的时候 |
[35:24] | That was not your best work, doctor. | 你做得并不够好 医生 |
[35:27] | And Dr. Tierney, you gave us all a grand display | 蒂尔尼医生 上周也是在这里 |
[35:30] | only last week in this very room, | 你的表现异常精彩 |
[35:32] | regaling us all with your life-saving heroics. | 为我们讲述了你那救死扶伤的伟大壮举 |
[35:37] | You were callous… | 你其实冷漠麻木 |
[35:39] | First with Gavin Jasper, then with his mother. | 首先是对加文·贾斯珀 然后是他母亲 |
[35:43] | You were callous to the point of indecency. | 你对自己的无耻也麻木不仁 |
[35:47] | And your indecency was again on full display | 而你的无耻再次在你做取证时 |
[35:50] | during your deposition. | 展现得淋漓尽致 |
[35:55] | I look around this room, I look around this hospital, | 我环视这个房间 放眼整个医院 |
[35:58] | and I see such brilliant minds, such gifted hands. | 我看到才华横溢的头脑 巧夺天工的双手 |
[36:03] | All this talent, science, and technology… | 有这么出色的人才 科学和技术 |
[36:09] | Why do we need any humanity? | 我们又何必追求什么人文关怀呢 |
[36:29] | It’s probably best if you go in alone first. | 也许你先单独进去会比较好 |
[36:33] | You say he’s met with a counselor, as well? | 你之前说他也见了心理咨询师 是吗 |
[36:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:39] | I’m not sure if you should go in, at least not yet. | 我不知道你该不该进 至少现在不行 |
[36:46] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[36:50] | The neurological news is good. In fact, it’s stunning. | 神经状态情况良好 实际上是棒极了 |
[36:53] | Emotionally, you certainly face some challenges, but, uh… | 情绪上 你显然正面对一些改变 但 |
[36:56] | Do I even have a life here to resume? | 我还有值得重新开始的生活吗 |
[37:00] | I mean, really? | 真的有吗 |
[37:02] | Mr. Cooper, your life was deep in the toilet. | 库珀先生 你之前的人生糟糕透顶 |
[37:05] | Mainly due to the psychological deficits caused by the tumor. | 主要原因是脑瘤导致的精神症状 |
[37:08] | That has been fixed. | 现在你已经被治愈了 |
[37:09] | So I would say, for the first time in seven years, | 所以我要说 七年来这是第一次 |
[37:12] | you actually do have a life to resume. | 你真的有了可以重新开始的机会 |
[37:14] | It’s gonna be a haul, but I think it’s one that you can make. | 也许会很漫长 但我认为你有能力做到 |
[37:22] | All right. Let’s do this. | 好吧 开始吧 |
[37:25] | Come on. I-I really want to get this over with. | 来吧 我真的很想把这件事搞定 |
[37:42] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[37:52] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[38:01] | Hey, daddy. | 爸爸 |
[38:04] | Emma? | 爱玛 |
[38:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[38:09] | Michaela? | 米凯拉 |
[38:47] | Do you realize, for all the mishegoss on healthcare, | 你有没有发现面对医疗中所有的纠结 |
[38:49] | all the money spent on research, | 面对在科研 开发和治疗上 |
[38:51] | development, cures, whatever, | 耗费的所有金钱 |
[38:53] | we’re basically just eating ourselves to death? | 我们的基本问题其实是暴饮暴食而死 |
[38:55] | I don’t just mean obesity, but also toxins… | 我的意思不止是肥胖 也包括毒素 |
[38:57] | That guy who stroked out on Sung’s table, | 在阿成手术台上中风的男人 |
[38:59] | The woman that gagged at the restaurant. | 那个在餐厅被食物噎住的女人 |
[39:00] | Do you have any sense the staggering amount of preventable deaths | 你有没有发觉由于饮食不当或吸烟 |
[39:02] | caused either by bad food or cigarettes. | 而导致的可预防死亡数量十分惊人 |
[39:05] | You want to solve healthcare? | 想解决医疗方面的问题吗 |
[39:06] | We should impose a fat tax, a cigarette tax, a sugar tax. | 我们可以征收肥胖税 香烟税 糖税 |
[39:11] | Do you ever stop? | 你有没有停下来过 |
[39:14] | No. I don’t, actually. | 没有 我从未停过 |
[39:19] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[39:21] | It’s inappropriate. | 说出来不太合适 |
[40:02] | So it’s true? | 这么说是真的咯 |
[40:05] | You come to this hellhole every night? | 你每晚都来这个鬼地方 |
[40:08] | What can I do for you, Buck? | 你想要干吗 巴克 |
[40:11] | I’ve got a question for you ’cause you give honest answers. | 我有个问题要问你 因为你最诚实 |
[40:15] | Am I an asshole? | 我是不是特混蛋 |
[40:21] | Another rum and coke for my man here. | 再来杯朗姆酒加可乐给我朋友 |
[40:24] | Uh, no, I-I don’t drink rum. | 不用了 我不喝朗姆 |
[40:28] | And you want to know if you’re an asshole? | 你还好意思问自己是不是混蛋 |
[41:07] | Dr. Park? | 朴医生 |
[41:09] | Mrs. Fernwood. | 芬伍德太太 |
[41:14] | I am so, so sorry. | 我真的真的很抱歉 |