时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Benjamin Decada, 19, | 本杰明·德卡达 19岁 |
[00:05] | obsessive-compulsive disorder. | 患有强迫症 |
[00:07] | A 34 on the Ybocs scale… normal being 6 to 10. | YBOC量表34 正常应在6至10分 |
[00:11] | He’s no longer able to even feed himself. | 他生活已经不能自理了 |
[00:13] | His parents have kept him alive | 他的父母通过强制他服用 |
[00:15] | by force-feeding him protein shakes. | 蛋白质奶昔维持生命 |
[00:17] | Which brings us to the punch line, Dr. Ridgeway. | 说到点子上了 里奇韦医生 |
[00:19] | Why are we here? | 今天开会目的是什么 |
[00:21] | I’m seeking approval to perform | 我想获得一个非常规放射疗法的许可 |
[00:23] | an unconventional radio-surgical treatment… | 我想获得一个非常规放射外科治疗的许可 |
[00:25] | An anterior capsulotomy using gamma knife. | 一项使用伽马刀的前内囊切开术 |
[00:28] | – Psychosurgery. – Except instead of cutting Mr. Decada open, | -精神外科手术 -德卡达先生无需开颅 |
[00:31] | I’ll be using radiation to sever the connective pathways | 我会用射线灼断其脑内 |
[00:33] | in his brain that contribute to the obsessive thoughts. | 产生强迫性思维的连接通路 |
[00:36] | – Bullshit. – Something to say, Dr. Villanueva? | -胡扯 -有话要说吗 维兰纽瓦医生 |
[00:38] | She’s talking about a high-tech lobotomy. | 她说的是一种高科技脑叶白质切除术 |
[00:41] | – It’s not a lobotomy. – She’s gonna go into the kid’s brain, | -不是的 -她要捅进那孩子的大脑 |
[00:44] | do a little snip-snip to change his personality. | 剪剪切切 改变他的人格 |
[00:45] | It’s not a snip-snip. It’s radiation. | 才不是剪剪切切 是放射 |
[00:47] | That adds up to lobotomy. | 那就是额叶切除 |
[00:47] | – This has been done before. – It hasn’t been done here. | -这手术有人做过 -我们这没做过 |
[00:49] | In fact, it was first done over 20 years ago. | 早在20年前就完成了第一例手术 |
[00:50] | Yeah, 20 years, and most hospitals don’t do it… | 是20年没错 但大部分医院不做 |
[00:53] | Most patients have improved. | 大部分患者病情得到好转 |
[00:56] | Some have dropped more than 20 points on the Ybocs. | 有些人的量表降低到了20分以下 |
[00:59] | Benjamin Decada could rejoin society. | 本杰明·德卡达可以重返社会 |
[01:01] | In success, he gets his life back. | 如果手术成功 他能重获新生 |
[01:03] | Dr. Wilson, have you consulted with | 威尔逊医生 你就这件事咨询过 |
[01:06] | Dr. Ridgeway on this matter? | 里奇韦医生吗 |
[01:08] | How delightful to see you can play well with others. | 看到你跟同事配合无间还真让人欣慰 |
[01:11] | Or is it only certain others? | 还是说仅限特定的某些人 |
[01:16] | Do you concur that gamma knife is indicated here, Dr. Wilson? | 威尔逊医生 你同意对该患者使用伽马刀吗 |
[01:19] | Yeah, I do. This kid is out of options. | 是的 这个孩子已经别无选择 |
[01:24] | This is perhaps his only shot. | 这可能是他唯一的机会 |
[01:25] | And how good exactly is his only shot? | 那这个唯一的机会到底有什么好处呢 |
[01:29] | Buck, comment? | 巴克 请说 |
[01:31] | One patient in Sweden underwent a similar procedure | 瑞典的一个患者接受了类似的治疗 |
[01:34] | only then to become a rapist. | 后来成了强奸犯 |
[01:36] | No doubt Buck is offering that constructively. | 毫无疑问 巴克提供的信息很有建设性 |
[01:39] | That was not a gamma-ray procedure. | 那手术没有用伽马刀 |
[01:42] | And it involved much larger lesions. | 而且它所造成的损伤非常大 |
[01:44] | We would target a more localized area. | 我们对局部病灶的定位会更精确 |
[01:46] | What about cysts, hmm? | 那囊肿呢 |
[01:48] | One of six patients operated on with new model gamma knife | 在罗德岛医院 接受新型伽马刀治疗的 |
[01:50] | in Rhode Island developed cysts. | 患者中继发囊肿的几率是1/6 |
[01:52] | Doctors from Brown Pioneer stop doing altogether. | 布朗先锋医院已经全面停止了此项手术 |
[01:55] | Now recommend thermal capsulotomy. | 现在推荐使用内囊热切开术 |
[01:57] | Okay, in those cases, two lesions were created | 这些病例中 在双侧的内囊下部 |
[01:59] | on either side of the lower anterior capsule. | 会各造成两处损伤 |
[02:00] | I’m proposing that we only create one on each side. | 我觉得我们只会在两侧各造成一处损伤 |
[02:03] | – Not work. – It can work! | -行不通 -行得通 |
[02:08] | Look, we see suffering, we try to stop it. | 我们目睹病痛 就要努力解除病痛 |
[02:11] | – That’s what we do. – Yes, that is what we do. | -这是职责所在 -的确是职责所在 |
[02:14] | And often with spectacular results. | 而且通常会产生显著的成效 |
[02:20] | And we like spectacular, don’t we, Dr. Ridgeway? | 我们都喜欢显著成效不是吗 里奇韦医生 |
[02:24] | Makes us feel oh-so spectacular. | 让我们感觉如此卓著 |
[02:28] | Dr. Ridgeway, how is your marriage? | 里奇韦医生 你的婚姻如何 |
[02:31] | I beg your pardon? | 您说什么 |
[02:33] | I asked, how is your marriage? | 我问你 你的婚姻状况如何 |
[02:41] | I don’t think my personal life is relevant to this discussion. | 我觉得我的私生活与这些讨论无关 |
[02:44] | Oh, I think you’re quite wrong there. | 我觉得这一点你想错了 |
[02:46] | We’re not just doctors, after all. | 我们不仅仅是医生 |
[02:49] | We’re people… human beings. | 我们是人 普通人类 |
[02:52] | Our personal affairs are inextricably bound up | 我们的职业行为不可避免地 |
[02:56] | with our professional behavior. | 会与个人私事紧密相关 |
[03:02] | And we’re not just any people. | 而且我们不是一般人 |
[03:05] | We’re supernovas. | 我们是超凡卓群 |
[03:08] | Hardwired to succeed. | 天生就要成功 |
[03:10] | And when we fail, we often try to compensate. | 即使失败 我们也会试着弥补 |
[03:15] | We’re so desperate for affirmation, in fact, | 我们急切地想证明自己的超凡 而事实上 |
[03:17] | that we can be quite pathetic. | 我们却做出种种可悲的行为 |
[03:20] | I mean, just think… | 我意思是 只要一想 |
[03:22] | The chance to perform a gamma-knife psychosurgery. | 用伽马刀进行的精神外科手术 |
[03:27] | Oh! Sexy. | 多诱人啊 |
[03:31] | How are things at home, Dr. Ridgeway? | 里奇韦医生 你家里还好吗 |
[03:40] | Nobody says “Goodbye” anymore. | 这年头大家都不会说「再见」了 |
[03:47] | Difficulty breathing… horse kick to the chest. | 呼吸困难 被马踢中胸部 |
[03:49] | Bay three. How are you doing, sweetheart? | 去三区 你感觉怎么样亲爱的 |
[03:51] | – We were just goofing around. – Okay, you and the horse? | -我们只是闹着玩的 -你和马吗 |
[03:53] | The horse she was riding… well, had been riding. | 她当时骑的马 事实上一直骑着的马 |
[03:57] | Any shortness of breath? | 有呼吸急促症状吗 |
[03:58] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[04:04] | – I forgot the rule to stay a kick away! – It’s okay. It’s okay. | -我忘记要远离马蹄了 -好了好了 |
[04:06] | Just turn your head to the right. Yes. | 把头转向右边 好的 |
[04:08] | And turn your head to the other side. | 再转向左边 |
[04:10] | Tachycardic. BP’s low. | 心动过速 血压降低 |
[04:12] | Pulsus paradoxus. O2 stat… 94. | 出现奇脉 氧饱和度94 |
[04:16] | Any medical history I need to know about? | 还有什么病史需要注意的吗 |
[04:18] | I don’t know. I can’t reach her mom. | 我不知道 我联系不上她妈妈 |
[04:20] | – And who are you? – Her trainer. | -那你是哪位 -驯马师 |
[04:23] | Okay, get an echo. Tell them to come down here and do all that. | 让他们下来做个超声检查 |
[04:25] | We need consent to treat. Can you sign? | 我们需要治疗许可 你能签字吗 |
[04:27] | No. I-I don’t know if you can treat. | 不 我不知道能否让你们治疗 |
[04:29] | She’s… they’re… | 她是…他们家… |
[04:31] | they’re Christian scientists. | 是基督教科学派教徒 |
[04:45] | Okay, the first thing you need to do is calm down. | 好了 首先你需要冷静 |
[04:48] | Do not tell me that. | 别跟我说这些 |
[04:48] | There’s nothing more inflammatory you can say | 对一个情绪激动的人说「冷静」 |
[04:50] | to an agitated person than “Calm down.” | 无疑是火上浇油 |
[04:51] | Chill then. How’s that? | 那就淡定 这样说如何 |
[04:52] | To bring up my marriage in 311… my marriage. | 在311室谈论我的婚姻 我的婚姻哎 |
[04:55] | And Villanueva calling it a lobotomy? For god’s sake! | 维兰纽瓦说那叫额叶切除术 天啊 |
[04:57] | Well, it’s surgery to effect a psychological cure. That’s… | 那种手术对精神疾病有一定治疗效果 |
[04:59] | It’s gamma rays, Syd. We do it every day. | 伽马射线哎 小茜 咱们天天都用 |
[05:01] | To destroy tumors, not part of the brain. | 是用来消除肿瘤的 不是脑组织 |
[05:02] | This boy cannot function. | 这个男孩都无法正常生活了 |
[05:04] | He will probably die if we do nothing, | 我们什么都不做他会死的 |
[05:06] | either by his own hand or starvation. | 要么是自杀要么就是被饿死 |
[05:07] | Do we really think I’m trying to save him | 你们真认为我想救他是因为 |
[05:09] | because my marriage sucks?! | 我的婚姻一团糟吗 |
[05:10] | You had to expect push back here. | 这种反对你应该有所预料的 |
[05:11] | This hospital doesn’t favor psychosurgery, and you… | 我们医院对精神外科手术不感兴趣 而你 |
[05:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:19] | Try and take a deep breath for me. Can you? | 试着深呼吸一下 好吗 |
[05:23] | Hurt? | 痛吗 |
[05:24] | – A lot! – We’re going to do something to | -很痛 -我们会采取一些措施 |
[05:26] | get that pain under control. | 抑制你这种疼痛 |
[05:27] | – I’m not in pain. – But you just said it hurts a lot. | -我不痛 -但你刚才说很痛 |
[05:30] | – I just need to concentrate. – On what? | -我只是要集中注意力 -做什么 |
[05:35] | She’s going into respiratory distress. | 她现在出现呼吸困难 |
[05:38] | Can you breathe easier like this? | 这样呼吸是不是轻松点 |
[05:40] | – Uh-huh. – I’ll set up an ambu bag. | -嗯 -我来装呼吸气囊 |
[05:42] | Tracheal deviation. Call Dr. Napur. | 气管偏斜 呼叫纳普尔医生 |
[05:44] | Right away. | 马上去 |
[05:46] | First off, I am very, very grateful. | 首先 我十分感谢你 |
[05:49] | Beyond… you have to know that. | 你明白我的意思 |
[05:51] | If I have a child, I might name him Sung. | 如果我有孩子 我会给他取名叫阿成 |
[05:52] | – That’s how grateful I am. – What wrong? | -这就是我感谢的程度 -怎么了 |
[05:57] | Since the procedure, I’ve had a-a certain… | 接受治疗之后 我有明显的 |
[06:00] | Behavioral side effect, which, frankly, | 行为副作用 老实说 |
[06:02] | I have a great deal of difficulty even talking about. | 这种行为极其苦恼 甚至难以开口 |
[06:04] | – What mean? – She’s having desires. | -什么意思 -她很饥渴 |
[06:07] | All the time. | 每时每刻 |
[06:09] | Inappropriate… Urges. | 不合时宜的 冲动 |
[06:13] | Sex? | 性爱 |
[06:16] | I’ve never had much of an appetite for… | 我那方面的欲望从未如此之强 |
[06:19] | And I don’t want one. | 我也不想要 |
[06:22] | This is very embarrassing. | 这真的很尴尬 |
[06:24] | Can you fix this? | 你能治好吗 |
[06:25] | Can I fix her want sex? | 治好她对做爱的渴望吗 |
[06:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:29] | Dr. Park, again, we are so grateful to you for… | 朴医生 再次表示我们十分感谢你 |
[06:33] | I-I mean, h-her tremors are gone. | 我是说 她不再震颤了 |
[06:35] | So much good has come from this. | 能摆脱震颤真的特别好 |
[06:38] | But the ability to control your base impulses | 但对本能冲动的控制力 |
[06:41] | is what separates man from beasts, | 是人类区别于动物的地方 |
[06:44] | and I cannot have a wife who is in constant need. | 我不能有个一直有需求的妻子 |
[06:48] | Sex good. Hmm? | 做爱好 |
[06:49] | Good her, good you, help prostate. | 她好 你好 有助前列腺 |
[06:52] | I don’t believe you’re hearing us. | 我觉得你根本没有听进去 |
[06:55] | Sex good… | 做爱好 |
[06:56] | help prostate, make pee better, reduce stress. | 有助前列腺 尿得舒爽 压力下降 |
[07:00] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[07:03] | Horse hoof to the chest. | 被马蹄踢到了胸口 |
[07:05] | The blood is building up in the pericardial sac, | 淤血聚积在心包膜内 |
[07:07] | – collapsing the heart. – Tamponade. | -压迫到心脏 -心包填塞 |
[07:09] | Yeah, she needs to be tapped, but we can’t find either parent. | 对 她需要做穿刺 但我们联系不上父母 |
[07:12] | She’s a minor, Christian Scientist, | 她还未成年 是基督教科学派教徒 |
[07:13] | – no consent. – Court order? | -也没同意书 -法令呢 |
[07:15] | – No time. – How old? | -没时间了 -几岁了 |
[07:17] | 15. | 15岁 |
[07:18] | And how Christian is her science? | 她对这个教派有多虔诚 |
[07:19] | She’s concentrating on healing now. | 她正在集中精神进行治疗 |
[07:22] | Our hands are tied. | 我们什么也做不了 |
[07:26] | Gato. | 加多 |
[07:27] | Her heart is being crushed by her own blood. | 她的心脏正被自己的血液积存所压迫 |
[07:30] | Dr. Villanueva. | 维兰纽瓦医生 |
[07:31] | Hi. Fran Horowitz. Risk Management. | 我是风险管理部的弗兰·霍洛维兹 |
[07:34] | Good news. We’ve made contact with her parents. | 好消息 我们联系上了她父母 |
[07:36] | They’re on their way. | 他们正赶过来 |
[07:44] | My personal life? In that room, my personal life?! | 我的私生活 在那个屋里问我的私生活 |
[07:47] | When you first interviewed here, | 当你首次来面试时 |
[07:48] | I expressly warned you, | 我就明确地警告过你 |
[07:49] | should you take the job, I own you. | 你要是接受这份工作 所有事都归我管 |
[07:52] | And from what I’ve observed of your behavior lately… | 而据我观察到 你近期的行为… |
[07:54] | Do you really think I proposed surgery to… | 你真的认为我提议做手术就为了… |
[07:55] | Consciously, of course not. | 当然不是有意的 |
[07:58] | But to fully rein in our unconscious, | 但完全控制自我的潜意识 |
[08:00] | that’s a much trickier proposition. | 其实这个问题更加难以面对 |
[08:02] | What this really comes down to is, | 归根结底一句话 |
[08:03] | you doubt me as a neurosurgeon. | 你不信我作为神经外科医生的能力 |
[08:05] | If Ty Wilson stood up and said gamma knife was indicated, | 如果是泰·威尔逊站在台上说要做伽玛刀 |
[08:07] | you wouldn’t doubt him for a second, but me… | 你会毫不迟疑地同意 但轮到我时… |
[08:09] | Two things about that. | 有两点我要说明 |
[08:10] | First, I happen to think you’re a brilliant neurosurgeon. | 首先 我觉得你是名出色的神经外科医生 |
[08:14] | Second, you’re no Ty Wilson. | 其次 你不是泰·威尔逊 |
[08:18] | Now, at the risk of further incurring your wrath, | 另外 冒着火上浇油的风险 |
[08:22] | let me say a third thing. | 我还有第三点要说 |
[08:24] | Whatever’s going on between you and Dr. Wilson… | 无论你跟威尔逊医生之间有什么纠结 |
[08:27] | Look at me, Dr. Ridgeway. | 看着我 里奇韦医生 |
[08:31] | I’m offering this in the form of friendly advice. | 允许我提个善意的建议 |
[08:35] | Now, your focus may or may not be compromised | 无论你对泰的感情是否影响到了 |
[08:37] | by your feelings for Ty. | 你对工作的专注 |
[08:39] | His focus, on the other hand… | 但是 他的专注 |
[08:43] | You’ll never nick it. | 你永远也动摇不了 |
[08:47] | So don’t be fooled. | 所以别傻下去了 |
[08:54] | I want to meet him. | 我想见见他 |
[08:57] | The OCD boy who needs the procedure, | 那个患强迫症需要动手术的男孩 |
[08:59] | I want to meet him. | 我想见见他 |
[09:15] | Sung, how are you, my friend? | 阿成 老朋友 最近怎样 |
[09:18] | Question… do you tweet? | 问个问题 你玩微博吗 |
[09:20] | I should think people would rather fancy | 我猜应该有很多人会喜欢 |
[09:21] | following you on Twitter. | 关注你的微博 |
[09:23] | I-I quite enjoy the delicious little Sung Park-isms | 我还挺喜欢品评在医院里 |
[09:27] | that make their way around the building. | 广泛传颂的「朴成语录」呢 |
[09:28] | Today’s are especially delectable. | 今天的更是回味无穷啊 |
[09:31] | “Sex good. Make pee better.” | 「做爱好 尿得舒爽」 |
[09:35] | And gems like those travel fast. | 这种箴言传得特别快 |
[09:37] | They have, in fact, made their way | 事实上 它们已经传到了 |
[09:39] | to the attention of Mitch Tompkins. | 米奇·汤普金斯的耳朵里 |
[09:41] | You are being sued, old chap. | 你被起诉了 老弟 |
[09:46] | There is a sac around the heart… the pericardium. | 心脏被一层囊样结构包裹 即心包 |
[09:49] | The kick must have caused some sort of internal bruise. | 马踢的这一脚导致了心包腔内血液淤积 |
[09:53] | The blood needs to be drained so the heart will be able to pump. | 需要引出淤血才能让心脏恢复正常 |
[09:56] | – That’s not possible. – What’s not possible? | -那不可能 -什么不可能 |
[09:58] | We appreciate your concern and kindness, but we… | 感谢你的关心和好意 但我们… |
[10:00] | I’m not trying to be kind. | 我可不是在跟你客气 |
[10:02] | We’re trying to save your daughter’s life. | 我们想尽力救你女儿的命 |
[10:04] | In a way that contradicts our beliefs. | 以违背我们信仰的办法 |
[10:06] | Mrs. Rivers, Sir, with all due respect, | 里弗斯太太 先生 恕我直言 |
[10:11] | you cannot pray this away. | 祈祷是祛除不了这个的 |
[10:14] | Would you like to see the bruise? | 你们想看看瘀伤吗 |
[10:16] | Doctor, I realize that you don’t recognize prayer as… | 医生 我知道你不认为祷告能… |
[10:18] | I pray all the time, but as a treatment, I… | 我也祷告 但就治疗而言 我… |
[10:21] | We respect your position, Doctor. | 我们尊重你的立场 医生 |
[10:24] | We’d just like you to respect ours, especially… | 我们也希望你尊重我们的 特别是… |
[10:26] | I don’t. Not if it jeopardizes an innocent life, I don’t. | 不行 当危及到无辜时 我无法尊重 |
[10:29] | Gato. | 加多 |
[10:31] | Look, your God brought Abra to us, | 你们的上帝将阿布拉带到我们面前 |
[10:34] | where a needle can cure the problem. | 一针就能解决问题 |
[10:35] | That’s all it is. One needle. | 只需这一下 一针而已 |
[10:41] | No. | 不行 |
[10:41] | – Look, I believe in God, Sir. – Please. | -我也相信上帝 先生 -拜托你 |
[10:44] | Remove that tubing. | 把那根管子拔掉 |
[10:46] | – Pulse OX is dropping. – She is going to die. | -脉搏血氧在下降 -她快不行了 |
[10:48] | Remove the tubing so we can take her home. | 拔掉管子 我们要带她回家 |
[10:51] | You could face manslaughter charges, Sir. | 你可能会被指控过失杀人 先生 |
[10:52] | And you could face battery charges. | 而你可能会被指控故意伤害 |
[10:55] | We know our legal rights, Doctor, | 我们了解我们的合法权利 医生 |
[10:56] | as I’m sure you know yours. Now, please… | 我相信你也了解你们的 请… |
[11:00] | …remove the tubing. | 拔掉输管 |
[11:03] | Okay, but can I at least bandage the abrasions? | 好吧 我可以至少帮她包扎一下伤口吧 |
[11:07] | It’ll act as a splint on the chest while you drive home. | 在回家路上可以当做保护她胸腔的夹板 |
[11:10] | But… | 但 |
[11:11] | This way. | 这边走 |
[11:21] | Gato, what are you doing? | 加多 你在做什么 |
[11:22] | – Leave. – Gato! | -出去 -加多 |
[11:24] | You can stay, or you can leave, Doctor. | 你要么留下 要么出去 医生 |
[11:45] | – Good news. – Abra! | -好消息 -阿布拉 |
[11:48] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[11:49] | – She’s gonna be fine. – What happened? | -她会好起来的 -发生了什么事 |
[11:52] | She just got better… a miracle. | 她就突然好转了 奇迹 |
[12:02] | Is she really okay? | 她真的没事了吗 |
[12:03] | Yeah. She’ll be just fine. | 是的 她会好起来的 |
[12:11] | I actually think this one will go away. | 我觉得还有可能让他们撤诉 |
[12:13] | The likelihood that a deep-brain stimulation | 脑深部刺激导致她 |
[12:16] | would render her oversexed… | 性欲望过剩的可能性… |
[12:18] | Have you ever known this to happen? | 你对这个可能有所预料吗 |
[12:19] | No. | 没 |
[12:20] | And, uh, to your knowledge, | 就你所了解到的 |
[12:21] | were there any complications with respect to the procedure? | 该手术有没有引起过什么并发症 |
[12:24] | No. | 没 |
[12:25] | You performed this operation before? | 你之前做过此类手术吗 |
[12:27] | – Once. – And the outcome there? | -一次 -最终结果是什么 |
[12:28] | Dead. | 死了 |
[12:30] | The patient died? | 患者当时死亡了 |
[12:32] | Died… dead. | 死亡 死了 |
[12:37] | Okay, he’s marked up a deposition for tomorrow | 他整理了材料准备明天进行取证 |
[12:39] | and asked me to waive notice… | 并要求我放弃通知… |
[12:41] | Not something that I typically agree to. | 我平时一般不会同意的 |
[12:43] | But in the interest of making this go away, | 但为了让这案子早点撤诉 |
[12:46] | my gut says let’s just do it. | 我觉得就这么做吧 |
[12:48] | I take it you’ve been deposed before. | 你之前应该做过证吧 |
[12:50] | Three times… two settle, one dismiss, | 三次 两次和解 一次驳回 |
[12:52] | always right. | 总是对的 |
[12:53] | Who’s always right? | 谁总是对的 |
[12:55] | Me. | 我 |
[12:56] | – Always? – Always. | -总是吗 -总是 |
[12:58] | One time, thought wrong. | 有一次 以为错了 |
[13:00] | Wrong. Right. | 非也 对的 |
[13:09] | Lisa Decada. | 这是丽莎·德卡达 |
[13:10] | Harding Hooten, Chief of Staff. | 这是外科主任 哈丁·胡顿 |
[13:12] | – Hello. – Pleased to meet you. | -你好 -很高兴见到你 |
[13:13] | And where’s, um… | 他在哪儿… |
[13:18] | This is Ben. | 这就是本 |
[13:20] | Hello, young man. | 你好啊 小伙子 |
[13:25] | Honey, can you say hello to Dr. Hooten? | 宝贝 跟胡顿医生打个招呼吧 |
[13:29] | Uh, not… not yet. It’s not right. | 不 还不行 这样不对 |
[13:34] | If he doesn’t take two steps sideways | 他每向前走三步之后 |
[13:36] | after every third step forward, | 就要侧向走两步 |
[13:37] | he’s afraid his grandmother might die. | 否则他担心他奶奶会死 |
[13:39] | And he’s not at school now? | 他现在不上学了吗 |
[13:41] | He had to drop out in 11th grade. It was just too much. | 他高二时被迫退学 无法正常学习了 |
[13:45] | I quit my job for one where I could work nights | 我辞职换了一份夜间上班的工作 |
[13:47] | so my husband or I can be with him at all times. | 这样我和丈夫轮班保证全天都陪在他身边 |
[13:50] | Please. | 求你了 |
[13:58] | Ben? | 本 |
[14:02] | May I speak to you for a few moments? | 我能跟你说几句话吗 |
[14:07] | Do you understand what we’re talking about here today? | 你能理解我们今天说到的问题吗 |
[14:11] | Ben? | 本 |
[14:14] | H-help me. | 帮…帮我 |
[14:22] | We’ll schedule him for Thursday. | 安排他周四动手术 |
[14:26] | I was planning to get Ty to assist. | 我本来想找泰协助 |
[14:27] | I think he’s booked solid Thursday. | 但他周四好像已经排满了 |
[14:29] | No, Ty won’t be assisting you on this. | 不用 协助你的不是泰 |
[14:32] | I will. | 是我 |
[14:48] | Now, it’s important that you and Ben both know | 你和本都需要知道 |
[14:50] | this procedure does kill brain cells. | 这个手术会杀死一部分脑细胞 |
[14:53] | That’s been explained, doctor. Both Ben and I consent. | 已经和我们解释过了 我和本都同意 |
[14:57] | Mrs. Decada, given the suffering already endured by both of you, | 德卡达夫人 鉴于你们现在遭受的痛苦 |
[15:01] | I need to be satisfied | 我想确认下 |
[15:02] | that your thinking has not been compromised by any undue duress. | 你现在的决定没有受到任何的强迫 |
[15:07] | There are no guarantees. This is rarely done. | 我们不能给你任何承诺 这手术鲜少做 |
[15:11] | But it has been done successfully, right? | 但是有成功案例 对吗 |
[15:15] | Yes. | 没错 |
[15:16] | All told, about 100 times. | 统共就做过一百例 |
[15:18] | Once on a boy very much like your Ben… | 有一次手术的那个男孩和本很像 |
[15:21] | A young lad who developed such a fear of offending god, | 这小家伙极度害怕会冒犯上帝 |
[15:24] | he couldn’t go to the bathroom by himself. | 自己一个人都不敢上厕所 |
[15:26] | Now, this procedure is rare, | 虽然这种手术鲜少做 |
[15:28] | but it has worked, and it can here, | 但确实做过 我们也可以做 |
[15:30] | but again, we’re a little loathe to do an operation | 但是我还是想说 我们有点怕做这种 |
[15:34] | that will destroy part of a person’s brain. | 对大脑有损伤的手术 |
[15:36] | You’ve seen my son, doctor. | 医生 你见过我儿子了 |
[15:39] | Is there any chance his symptoms could just disappear over time? | 他的症状有可能会随着时间消失吗 |
[15:45] | On their own, no. | 自己痊愈是不可能的 |
[15:47] | What are we waiting for then? | 那我们还在等什么 |
[15:51] | We wait because, again, | 我们等 是因为 |
[15:54] | we’d be altering his brain. | 我们要改变他的大脑 |
[15:57] | Tell me again… | 和我再说说 |
[15:59] | Exactly how you would do it. | 手术的详细过程 |
[16:04] | We’d put him under a local anesthetic. | 我们会对他进行局部麻醉 |
[16:07] | We attach a stereotactic frame to localize the radiation | 我们会使用立体定位头架进行局灶的放疗 |
[16:11] | and keep him perfectly still. | 同时保持他在手术中不动 |
[16:14] | He goes into a big machine. | 我们将他放在一个大机器里 |
[16:17] | Gamma rays are emitted from hundreds of cobalt beams, | 伽玛射线会从钴梁中射出 |
[16:20] | which all converge on a specific focal point in the brain, | 这些射线聚焦在大脑的病灶区域 |
[16:24] | – Forming a lesion. – And the risks? | -形成局部放疗杀伤区 -有风险吗 |
[16:27] | Cysts, a low risk of stroke, apathy… | 囊肿 中风风险相对较低 冷漠综合征 |
[16:31] | None of which we expect to happen. | 当然我们不希望会发生这些情况 |
[16:33] | In fact, once the symptoms lessen, | 事实上 只要症状减轻 |
[16:35] | he’ll likely be able to reach his full potential. | 他就会有充分发挥所有潜力的可能 |
[16:38] | If he were your son… | 如果他是你儿子 |
[16:40] | I would probably want to do whatever I could | 我会竭尽所能 |
[16:43] | to mitigate his suffering. | 来减缓他的痛楚 |
[17:06] | Can we talk about this? | 我们可以谈谈吗 |
[17:08] | No. | 不能 |
[17:09] | Gato, you cannot expect me to turn | 加多 你别指望我会对你的所作所为 |
[17:11] | a blind eye to what I saw. | 睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[17:16] | That’s exactly what I expect. | 我就是这么希望的 |
[17:18] | Otherwise, the hospital gets sued, | 否则 医院会被起诉 |
[17:20] | I get my ticket punched, and things get very messy. | 我会被停职 到时事情会变得一团糟 |
[17:23] | So let’s go out, have a drink, | 我们出去喝一杯吧 |
[17:25] | and let today’s narrative be | 今天所发生的一切就化为一句 |
[17:27] | “Little girl lives.” | 「小姑娘活下来了」 |
[17:29] | – It’s not that simple. – Yes, it is. | -没那么简单 -就这么简单 |
[17:54] | Your father’s working. | 你爸爸在工作 |
[17:58] | – Some tea? – Thank you. | -喝点茶吧 -谢谢 |
[18:00] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[18:02] | Need study. Get sued. | 要学习 被起诉了 |
[18:05] | Sued? For what? | 起诉 为什么 |
[18:07] | DBS. Woman now want sex. | DBS 有个女人想做爱 |
[18:11] | Blame me. | 怪我 |
[18:13] | Need study… deposition. | 要学习 做证词 |
[18:39] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[18:41] | Looking at this gamma-knife thing. | 我在看伽玛刀手术的资料 |
[18:43] | So you’re doing it? | 你要做这个手术了 |
[18:47] | They approved it. The 311 went okay? | 他们同意了 311室的会很顺利吗 |
[18:51] | It was approved. | 他们同意了 |
[18:56] | But I wouldn’t say that the 311 went okay. | 但是311室的会议进行得不是很顺利 |
[19:03] | So, what happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[19:07] | Harding Hooten asked… | 哈丁·胡顿问我 |
[19:11] | how’s my marriage? | 我的婚姻状况如何 |
[19:12] | Why would he ask you about your marriage at a 311 meeting? | 为什么他要在会上问你的婚姻状况 |
[19:16] | Because nothing’s off limits in there. | 因为在那里百无禁忌 |
[19:22] | And because I suspect he’s heard rumors. | 还有我觉得他应该听到了风言风语 |
[19:37] | You’re having an affair. | 你有外遇了 |
[19:43] | With who? | 和谁 |
[19:49] | – I’m so sorry. – Well… | -我很抱歉 -那么… |
[19:54] | As long as you’re sorry. | 既然你很抱歉 |
[20:01] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[20:05] | I might. | 可能吧 |
[20:08] | Mark, it’s not gonna go anywhere, | 马克 这不会有结果的 |
[20:10] | nor do I want it to. | 我也不想有结果 |
[20:11] | -It was just… -Just what, Tina? | -只是 -只是什么 缇娜 |
[20:16] | Just one of those things? | 无非就那么回事而已吗 |
[20:40] | So, now what? | 那 现在怎么办 |
[20:42] | Now it’s… | 现在 就… |
[20:47] | My marriage has been pretty much over for a long time, Syd. | 小茜 我的婚姻其实早就名存实亡了 |
[20:51] | And I know you know that, | 我知道你早就看出来了 |
[20:52] | as kind as you’ve been not to point it out. | 你只是很善良 没有指出来而已 |
[20:58] | What can I do? How can I help? | 我能做什么 我能怎么帮到你 |
[21:02] | You’ll stay with me for a while. | 你就和我住一段时间吧 |
[21:05] | You can’t go back to that house. | 你不能再回家了 |
[21:07] | He’s moving out. | 他要搬出去了 |
[21:09] | He packed up last night. | 他昨晚都收拾好了 |
[21:12] | Even so. | 即使这样 |
[21:14] | Can’t go back there, not for… | 你也不能回去 不能因为 |
[21:17] | You have a dog, a cat, any real reason you got to be there? | 房子里有猫猫狗狗的值得你牵挂吗 |
[21:21] | No. | 没有 |
[21:22] | We couldn’t even commit to a dog. | 我们居然连条狗都没有养 |
[21:27] | Well, first, let me say how utterly delighted | 首先 让我表达本人对有幸前来 |
[21:30] | I am to be here. | 心中甚为激动 |
[21:32] | I typically find my visits to Chelsea General | 我发现我每次来切尔西中心医院 |
[21:34] | to be enormously fruitful. | 都满载而归啊 |
[21:38] | Before we go on the record, | 在我们正式取证之前 |
[21:40] | let me say if at anytime | 我首先说明一点 |
[21:42] | you do not understand my question, Dr. Park, | 朴医生 我说话的时候如果您感觉 |
[21:46] | please feel absolutely free to say so, | 有不明白的地方 尽管说别客气 |
[21:49] | and I will restate it. | 我会重新进行说明 |
[21:51] | Though in theory this is supposed to be an adversarial process, | 理论上来说 双方在此时免不了针锋相对 |
[21:55] | I would never endeavor to forsake good manners. | 但我从未忘记过以礼待人 |
[21:57] | Which is why I like to think, more times than not, | 所以在大部分情况下 我很愿意这样想 |
[22:00] | my depositions tend to be a benign experience. | 我的取证过程将会进行得很顺利 |
[22:06] | Though…Admittedly, not always. | 当然 我承认也并非都是一帆风顺 |
[22:10] | Shall we begin? | 我们可以开始了吗 |
[22:13] | I-is she okay? | 她还好吗 |
[22:16] | She will be. | 她会没事的 |
[22:18] | But, uh, we need to be there for her a little bit more. | 但是 我们需要多陪陪她 |
[22:22] | Pick up some slack if she needs us to. | 如果她有需要的话 我们尽量满足她 |
[22:24] | Dr. Napur. | 纳普尔医生 |
[22:26] | Tell me about the young equestrian you were treating, | 和我说说你治疗的那个骑马的姑娘 |
[22:28] | the one of the Christian science faith. | 那个信仰基督教科学派的小姑娘 |
[22:31] | She was stable at discharge. She’ll be fine. | 她情况稳定已经出院了 她会好起来的 |
[22:33] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[22:34] | And how exactly did she become “Fine”, if I might ask? | 我想问的是 她怎么好起来的 |
[22:38] | Good medical treatment? | 得到了妥善的治疗? |
[22:39] | We didn’t really have to do anything, actually. | 实际上 我们什么也没做 |
[22:41] | She just spontaneously healed? | 她就那么神奇地痊愈了吗 |
[22:43] | Hmm, don’t you love it when that happens? | 见证到奇迹的发生 怎能不欣喜呢 |
[22:45] | Did you hear, Dr. Robidaux? | 罗比多医生 你听说了吗 |
[22:46] | Her heart sac was filling with blood. | 她的心包内充满了血 |
[22:48] | And then suddenly, it drained itself. | 然后 一瞬间 血就没有了 |
[22:50] | Got to love that god guy. | 上帝他老人家真是不得不爱啊 |
[22:54] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:58] | Uh-oh. We’ve got trouble. | 坏了 摊上大事儿了 |
[23:01] | – Ty. – Mark. | -泰 -马克 |
[23:04] | You seen Tina? | 见缇娜了吗 |
[23:06] | Um, in her office, I think. | 我想 她在办公室吧 |
[23:08] | Look, Mark… | 听我说 马克 |
[23:09] | Marriage is over anyway… right? | 反正婚姻已经名存实亡了 对吧 |
[23:12] | Isn’t that what people in your position | 你们这些小三是不是 |
[23:14] | like to say to yourselves? | 就喜欢这么宽慰自己 |
[23:16] | “Marriage was over anyway. | 婚姻已经名存实亡 |
[23:18] | No harm, no foul.” | 没伤害 无大碍 |
[23:24] | Mark? | 马克 |
[23:30] | Consider yourself served. | 这是你的传票 |
[23:58] | Dr. Wilson. | 威尔逊医生 |
[24:00] | If I might speak to Dr. Ridgeway for a moment? | 我能和里奇韦医生谈谈吗 |
[24:12] | First, are you all right? | 首先 你还好吗 |
[24:14] | Yeah. I will be. | 是的 我会没事的 |
[24:17] | Could you look at me? | 你能看着我说话吗 |
[24:19] | I’ll be fine, Harding. | 我会没事的 哈丁 |
[24:20] | I wouldn’t touch a patient if I wasn’t convinced of that. | 如果我状态不好 我不会接触病人的 |
[24:23] | Tina, I wouldn’t let you treat Benjamin Decada | 缇娜 如果本杰明是地球上最后一个病人 |
[24:25] | if he were the last patient on earth. | 我是不会让你治疗他的 |
[24:28] | But he’s not. | 可惜他不是 |
[24:30] | There will be another patient after Benjamin, | 本杰明之后你还要治疗很多人 |
[24:32] | and another one after that, and another one after that. | 很多很多 一个接一个的病人 |
[24:36] | There are many lives in play here. | 人命关天啊 |
[24:40] | I need you back in the saddle. | 我需要你重整旗鼓 |
[24:42] | So you’ll scrub up and you’ll buck up, | 俗话说得好 刷好了手 |
[24:45] | as the expression goes. | 就得卯足了劲儿 |
[24:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:48] | I won’t let you down. I won’t let Ben down. | 我不会让你失望的 也不会让本失望的 |
[24:56] | Oh, it’s not for you. | 别担心 不是因为你 |
[25:24] | What’s up? | 怎么样 |
[25:29] | So, everybody knows. | 大家都知道了啊 |
[25:33] | Well, pretty much. | 差不多吧 |
[25:37] | How’d you even know to find me here? | 你怎么知道在这里找得到我 |
[25:40] | You come here a lot. | 你常来这儿 |
[25:41] | My guess is, you sit here, take all of this in, | 我猜你总坐在这里 看着此情此景 |
[25:45] | and ask yourself, | 扪心自问 |
[25:47] | “Am I a doctor, a wife, or a mother”. | 我是医生 还是妻子 还是母亲 |
[25:51] | All the bullshit that biology does to the female’s brain | 女人到了一定年龄都会产生 |
[25:54] | once she hits a certain age. | 无聊的心理变化 |
[25:58] | You’re a doctor. | 你是医生 |
[26:00] | A very good one. | 极其优秀的医生 |
[26:03] | Maybe a decent mother one day. | 或许将来还会是个不错的母亲 |
[26:05] | But you weren’t meant to be with Mark, that’s all. | 只是不会和马克生孩子 如此而已 |
[26:09] | How can you know that? | 你怎么能这么肯定 |
[26:11] | Because he’s not a doctor. | 因为他不是医生 |
[26:15] | You need to be with a surgeon. | 你应该和外科医生在一起 |
[26:19] | At the end of the day, we all need someone we can talk to. | 说到底 我们都需要可以倾诉的对象 |
[26:24] | And I suspect you didn’t have that with Mark. | 我猜你和马克的婚姻缺少了这一点 |
[26:27] | I’m not crystal-balling you. | 我不是胡乱编给你听的 |
[26:30] | Nah, I’ve been there. | 我也曾经经历过 |
[26:32] | I’m divorced, remember? | 我离过婚 还记得吗 |
[26:34] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[26:37] | Look, I’m not here to hold your hand. | 听着 我来这儿不是要抚慰你的 |
[26:39] | I need another surgeon to work the E.R. late night. | 我还需要一名医生来急诊室上夜班 |
[26:43] | You’re it. | 就你了 |
[26:44] | – Excuse me? – Yeah, you heard me. | -你说什么 -你没听错 |
[26:47] | Besides, it sucks going home to an empty house, anyway. | 再说 回到空房子的感觉糟透了 |
[26:49] | Believe me. I know. | 相信我 我懂 |
[26:50] | An-and when exactly do you expect me to sleep? | 那你说我什么时候才能睡觉呢 |
[26:53] | I think you’ll figure that out. | 我想你自己会安排好的 |
[27:11] | Find right coordinate, pick brain, tremor stop. | 找精位置 刺激大脑 颤动停止 |
[27:14] | Tremor stop. | 颤动停止 |
[27:15] | The operation was a success, then, was it? | 这么说手术成功了 是吧 |
[27:17] | – Yes. Complete success. – Complete success. | -是的 完全成功 -完全成功 |
[27:20] | So the idea that my client was left with an overactive libido, | 我的当事人因手术导致的过剩性欲 |
[27:23] | that would be of little, if any consequence? | 这种后果无关紧要是吗 |
[27:26] | Not foreseeable what happen. | 未来无法预料 |
[27:27] | Not foreseeable what happened? | 未来无法预料 |
[27:29] | No. | 是的 |
[27:30] | Doctor, did you ever come across the tale | 医生 在你学习的时候 |
[27:33] | of Phineas Gage in all your studies? | 有读过菲尼斯·盖奇的案例吗 |
[27:36] | Of course. | 当然有 |
[27:37] | What is that tale, if you wouldn’t mind regaling us? | 你愿意给大家讲一下具体内容吗 |
[27:41] | 1848. | 1848年 |
[27:42] | Construction foreman for railroad. | 修建铁路的工头 |
[27:44] | Piece of iron shot in his brain. | 被一根铁棍击穿头颅 |
[27:45] | Accident. Go through frontal lobe. | 意外事件 直穿大脑额叶 |
[27:47] | – Did he survive? – Yes. | -他活下来了吗 -是的 |
[27:49] | No complications? | 有并发症吗 |
[27:50] | Became grumpy. Affect personality. | 变暴躁了 影响了性格 |
[27:52] | – Reasoning skills diminish. – His brain was changed? | -逻辑能力减退 -他的大脑变了 |
[27:55] | – Yes. – And why did that happen, doctor? | -是的 -这又是为什么呢 医生 |
[27:57] | Not know. Brain very mysterious. | 不知道 大脑非常神秘 |
[28:00] | Physiology still not understood completely. | 人体生理尚未完全了解 |
[28:02] | Even in 2013, the human brain | 就算是2013年 人的大脑 |
[28:04] | remains largely unknown to us? | 在很大程度上仍然是个未知数吗 |
[28:06] | – Yes. – So, it might be foreseeable, then, | -是 -如此说来 应该可以预见 |
[28:09] | that sticking a probe into a brain | 把探针扎进大脑 |
[28:10] | might affect that brain in mysterious ways. | 有可能会以神秘的方式影响到大脑 |
[28:18] | By the way, did you mention all this to my client, doctor? | 医生 你有跟我的当事人提到过这些吗 |
[28:22] | Did you tell her that the physiology of the brain | 你有告诉过她 大脑的生理机能非常神秘 |
[28:24] | is so mysterious that anything could happen | 一旦你把探针扎进大脑 |
[28:28] | once you start sticking probes into heads? | 什么事都可能发生吗 |
[28:32] | Did you point out that | 你有解释说 |
[28:33] | unforeseeable events might occur? | 无法预料的事情或许会发生吗 |
[28:37] | As it turned out, the pleasure center of my client’s brain | 结果 我当事人的大脑的快感中心 |
[28:40] | was affected by this deep-brain stimulation, was it not? | 被脑深部电刺激影响了 不是吗 |
[28:43] | Seems so. | 似乎如此 |
[28:44] | You inserted a probe into Beth Hostetler’s brain, | 你把探针插入了贝丝·豪斯泰勒的大脑 |
[28:46] | stimulated her brain tissue, and in so doing, | 刺激了她的脑组织 也因如此 |
[28:50] | awakened an insatiable carnal desire. | 唤醒了她无法满足的情欲 |
[28:54] | Would that be a fair description of what transpired? | 这样的描述还算公正吧 |
[28:57] | Fair description would be she had disabling tremor. | 公正的描述是她曾患致残性的震颤 |
[28:59] | Ruin her life. I make stop. | 毁灭了她的生活 我停止了震颤 |
[29:01] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[29:02] | Going into this procedure, doctor, | 医生 决定做手术的时候 |
[29:04] | did you have any sense that | 你知不知道 |
[29:07] | Beth Hostetler was a religious woman, | 贝丝·豪斯泰勒是一位虔诚的教徒 |
[29:10] | someone whose very being could be undermined | 她很可能会因为新获得的放荡能力 |
[29:13] | by this newfound promiscuity? | 而导致整个人根本上的崩塌 |
[29:16] | You should be ashamed. | 你应该感到羞愧 |
[29:17] | I’ll ask you not to address my client, sir. | 先生 请你不要直接对我的当事人发言 |
[29:19] | She’s my patient. I address. | 她是我的病人 我可以 |
[29:21] | You come, beg me to help. | 你来 恳求我帮你 |
[29:23] | You have tremor, you want stop. | 你有震颤 你想停止 |
[29:24] | That’s what you tell me. | 这是你告诉我的 |
[29:26] | I give you life back, | 我给了你正常的生活 |
[29:27] | and now you come with lawyer, look for money. | 现在你却带着律师来要钱 |
[29:29] | – Doctor… – Shame. | -医生 -可耻 |
[29:30] | Maybe procedure affect honor. | 或许手术影响了人品 |
[29:33] | Maybe DBS change integrity… | 或许DBS改变了声誉 |
[29:34] | Maybe if you hadn’t’ve been so dismissive, so rude… | 如果你之前没那么不屑一顾 那么无理 |
[29:37] | Not sue me rude, not sue me dismissive. | 不是告我无理 没有告我不屑 |
[29:39] | Sue me medical malpractice. Where is your honor? | 告我医疗失当 你的人品哪儿去了 |
[29:43] | Two weeks ago, you could not hold pen, could not write. | 两周前 你拿不住笔 写不了字 |
[29:45] | First thing you do after procedure, | 手术后你做的第一件事 |
[29:47] | you sign name on complaint, sue me for malpractice. | 在诉状上签名 告我医疗失当 |
[29:50] | No honor, you. No honor, you. | 你没品 你也没品 |
[29:53] | No honor, you. ‘Specially you. | 你也没品 特别是你 |
[29:59] | Shame. Everybody! | 可耻 你们都是 |
[30:07] | Okay. | 好了 |
[30:10] | Benjamin, today’s the day. | 本杰明 就在今天了 |
[30:12] | Are you ready, my friend? | 你准备好了吗 我的朋友 |
[30:14] | Yes. | 好了 |
[30:15] | Well, first we’re gonna attach this frame to your head. | 首先我们将把这个架子戴在你头上 |
[30:18] | It’s called a stereotactic frame. | 它叫做立体定位架 |
[30:20] | It’s a stabilizer. | 是个稳定器 |
[30:21] | It’ll keep your head in place. | 用来固定你的头 |
[30:22] | – Will it hurt? – You won’t feel it. | -会疼吗 -你不会感觉到疼痛的 |
[30:24] | We’ll give you a shot, like, | 我们会给你打麻醉药 |
[30:26] | novocaine at the dentist. | 就像牙医用的奴佛卡因 |
[30:27] | It’s been cleaned, right? Everything’s been cleaned? | 清洁过的对吧 所有东西都被清洁过了 |
[30:28] | – I promise. – Now, once it’s attached, | -我保证 -戴上之后 |
[30:30] | they’ll take you to another room, | 他们会带你去另一间屋 |
[30:32] | and I’ll meet you there. | 我会去那里和你会合 |
[30:34] | Where are you going now? | 你现在要去哪里 |
[30:35] | Well, I’ve been summoned to a Big Kahuna meeting. | 我应一位「长老」所召 去参加会议 |
[30:39] | Actually, I did the summoning. I’m the Big Kahuna. | 其实是我召集的 我就是「大长老」 |
[30:42] | Dr. Ridgeway will be here with you. | 里奇韦医生会在这里陪着你 |
[30:45] | The-the frame…you can do it, right? | 那个架子 你能帮我戴上是吧 |
[30:48] | Absolutely, Ben. Of course. | 一定的 本 那是当然 |
[30:58] | Do we know who this is for? | 知道这次是为了谁吗 |
[31:00] | – I have a pretty good idea. – Tell me. | -我能猜到 -告诉我 |
[31:03] | No, I don’t want to ruin the surprise for you, Buck. | 我可不想破坏你的「惊喜感」 巴克 |
[31:05] | All right. Thank you all. | 好了 谢谢大家 |
[31:07] | This will be a short one, as I have a procedure scheduled. | 这次的会议会很短 我还得去做手术 |
[31:11] | So let’s get right to the guest of honor. | 那我们快点请上嘉宾吧 |
[31:14] | The big cat himself. | 我们的大虎爷 |
[31:16] | Would you join us, please, Dr. Villanueva? | 请你上前来 维兰纽瓦医生 |
[31:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:22] | Abra Rivers. | 阿布拉·里弗斯 |
[31:27] | Abra Rivers, 15-year-old female | 阿布拉·里弗斯 15岁女性 |
[31:30] | kicked in the chest by a horse. | 被马当胸踢中 |
[31:32] | I performed a pericardiocentesis, | 我实施了心包穿刺 |
[31:34] | removed 30cc of blood, patient stabilized. | 抽出30毫升的血液 病情稳定了 |
[31:39] | – And I expect a full recovery. – Splendid. | -她会完全康复 -真好啊 |
[31:42] | Is that the whole story, or is there more, doctor? | 这就是全部经过吗 还有吗 医生 |
[31:45] | Uh, both the patient and her parents | 患者和她的父母 |
[31:47] | refused treatment on religious grounds. | 因宗教原因均拒绝接受治疗 |
[31:50] | And you chose to unilaterally override | 而你却选择单方面罔顾了 |
[31:53] | – their religious concerns? – Indeed. | -他们的信仰是吗 -是的 |
[31:56] | Doctor, do you have a particular repugnance to Christian Science, | 医生 你对基督教科学派有特别的反感吗 |
[31:59] | or would you have discriminated against any other religion? | 还是说你歧视别的什么宗教 |
[32:02] | I-I’m an equal-opportunity bigot, | 我相信人人应该平等 |
[32:04] | if that’s where you’re headed. | 如果这是你的意思的话 |
[32:06] | If a patient comes into my ER dying | 如果我的急诊室进来一个性命垂危的人 |
[32:10] | and I have a means to prevent it, | 那么我必须想办法去挽救生命 |
[32:13] | I’m going to do it. Period. | 这就是我要做的事 完毕 |
[32:15] | Because in your ER, you’re the almighty? | 因为在急诊室 你就是全能的上帝对吗 |
[32:19] | You got that right. | 回答正确 |
[32:20] | I so love it when I get it right. | 很高兴我回答正确了 |
[32:23] | But you also enjoy getting it right, don’t you, doctor? | 你也很喜欢把事情做对 不是吗医生 |
[32:27] | For the problem I have here, Gato, | 我这里的问题是 加多 |
[32:29] | is that it’s not your ER, | 那不是你的急诊室 |
[32:31] | it’s Chelsea General’s. | 那是切尔西中心医院的 |
[32:33] | And when you violate hospital policy, | 当你违反医院规定 |
[32:34] | not to mention the law, | 更别提违法什么的了 |
[32:36] | You jeopardize the integrity of this institution and all the… | 你损害了整个医疗机构的声誉 |
[32:39] | Don’t turn away from me. | 别扭头 |
[32:41] | You may not dignify Christian Science, | 你也许看不起基督教科学派 |
[32:43] | but you will damn well respect me. | 但你他妈的必须尊重我 |
[32:44] | I’ve earned it. Plus it comes with my title. | 因为我有资格 再说我还有职衔 |
[32:48] | Harding. | 哈丁 |
[32:50] | It’s “Do no harm.” | 「不造成伤害」 |
[32:54] | A 15-year-old girl is alive. | 15岁的少女活了下来 |
[32:58] | I’m sorry if your integrity got dinged. | 如果损害了您的声誉 对不起 |
[33:01] | Such a deliciously defiant, Big Cat, aren’t we? | 挑衅的感觉真爽啊 对吗 虎爷 |
[33:07] | Comments? | 有意见吗 |
[33:10] | Anyone? | 谁有意见 |
[33:19] | I have a comment. | 我有意见 |
[33:29] | Now, I may have done the same thing as you, doctor. | 也许我会跟你一样这样做 医生 |
[33:32] | After all, when a person walks into a hospital, | 毕竟 当一个人进了医院 |
[33:34] | there is an implied consent to treatment at some level. | 表示一定程度上 他已默认同意治疗 |
[33:38] | And the idea of letting a little girl die… No. | 眼睁睁看着少女死亡 不可以 |
[33:41] | No, the more I think of it, the more convinced I am | 我越想就越确信自己 |
[33:43] | I would have done exactly the same as you. | 我会做出跟你一样的举动 |
[33:47] | Except for one difference. | 但只有一点不同 |
[33:49] | I might have given the matter some pause. | 我会暂时停下 仔细斟酌一番 |
[33:52] | I might have taken a beat | 我会思忖一下 |
[33:54] | to acknowledge the patient’s autonomy, | 以便意识到患者的自主权 |
[33:57] | her personal sovereignty. | 她个人的权利 |
[33:59] | We doctors, we see the organs, | 身为医生 面对的是器官 |
[34:02] | the diseases, all the parts. | 是疾病 是身体的各个部分 |
[34:05] | And in doing so, sometimes we skip over the whole. | 正因如此 有时我们会忽略那个完整的人 |
[34:10] | Perhaps I, too, might have overridden | 也许我也会那样做 |
[34:12] | the religious rights of this family, just like you did. | 践踏那家人的宗教权利 正如你一般 |
[34:17] | But I would have at least recognized them first. | 但我首先会先承认他们 |
[34:34] | Dr. Park. | 朴医生 |
[34:41] | I am ashamed. | 我很羞愧 |
[34:43] | You gave me back my life. | 你给了我正常的生活 |
[34:46] | I’m dismissing the lawsuit. | 我撤销了诉讼 |
[34:48] | And I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me. | 真的很对不起 我不知道自己怎么会这样 |
[34:52] | Or why. | 为什么会这样 |
[34:54] | Perhaps the procedure caused an error in my judgment. | 也许手术让我有失判断 |
[34:58] | Maybe I’ll sue you for that later. | 也许以后我会因为这个再起诉你 |
[35:00] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑啦 |
[35:03] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[35:05] | Before I signed a complaint, I drew a picture. | 在我签字投诉之前 我画了一幅画 |
[35:09] | I was a little bit of an artist | 我得震颤征之前算是 |
[35:11] | before I got the tremors. | 一位小有名气的画家吧 |
[35:13] | And when I got my hands back, I decided… | 当我双手恢复正常后 我决定… |
[35:17] | Anyway… Forget about the lawsuit. | 总之 忘掉那个起诉吧 |
[35:20] | It was a big mistake. | 那是个大大的错误 |
[35:22] | I just… I want to leave you today with | 我今天来是想向您 |
[35:25] | a profound apology, | 致以深深的道歉 |
[35:27] | My sincerest gratitude, and… | 我最诚挚的感激 还有… |
[35:30] | this picture. | 这幅画 |
[35:36] | I hope you don’t mind I gave you a little bit of a smile. | 我希望您不会介意我给你加了一些笑容 |
[35:51] | The anterior internal capsule is very well-defined here. | 这里的前内囊形态很规整 |
[35:55] | We can put four-millimeter isocenters | 我们可以放两个四毫米的放射等量点 |
[35:56] | here and there, | 在这里和那里 |
[35:57] | one shot each side of the lower capsule. | 对着前内囊的两侧下方各来一次照射 |
[36:00] | – Standard dose? – Yeah, I think 140 gray | -标准剂量 -对 140Gy的剂量 |
[36:02] | should do very well for the next several months. | 在接下来几个月中 效果应该会很不错 |
[36:04] | Careful around the blood vessels. They could have contributed | 要小心血管 其他病人术后发生囊肿 |
[36:06] | to the cysts in the other patients. | 可能就因为触及了血管 |
[36:08] | Right. I’ll meet you at radiation therapy. | 好 咱们放射科见吧 |
[36:10] | I’m gonna recheck the frame before we start. | 我得先去确认头部的定位 |
[36:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:15] | What’s happening? | 进展怎么样 |
[36:17] | Oh, we just finished programming the radiation doses. | 我们刚刚计算好了放射剂量 |
[36:19] | We’re about to begin. | 马上就能开始了 |
[36:21] | – Talk about high-tech. – Yeah. | -真是高科技呀 -是啊 |
[36:23] | Listen. | 话说 |
[36:25] | Not now, okay? | 现在不行 好吗 |
[36:27] | We can talk later, | 我们可以待会再谈 |
[36:29] | – but right now… – Got it. | -但是现在 -明白 |
[36:32] | – Good luck. – Thank you. | -祝好运 -谢谢 |
[36:46] | Well, well, well. | 哎哟哟 |
[36:49] | You look better, I see. | 你看起来好多了 |
[36:51] | It’s the man who speaks softly and carries a big needle. | 某人说话挺温柔 却举着大针头 |
[36:54] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我可不知道你在说什么 |
[36:58] | I know what you did. | 我知道你做了什么 |
[36:59] | I may have been half-unconscious, but… | 我当时也许是半昏迷状态 但是… |
[37:02] | Well, if you came here to chew me out, you’re late. | 如果你是来声讨我的话 晚了 |
[37:05] | It’s already been done. | 我已经挨过训了 |
[37:08] | You saved my life. | 你救了我一命 |
[37:11] | That was the idea. | 这倒是不假 |
[37:15] | But you also took something from me. | 但你也从我身上拿走了一样东西 |
[37:17] | What? | 什么东西 |
[37:18] | My faith. | 我的信仰 |
[37:22] | I’m breathing. | 我在呼吸 |
[37:24] | And my heart… it’s beating. | 我的心脏…正在跳动 |
[37:29] | But the way that God might just let me die… | 但上帝也许是想让我死… |
[37:33] | Whoa, what the hell are you talking about? | 喂 该死的你在讲什么鬼东西 |
[37:36] | I mean, Catholic hell, not Christian Science hell. | 我是说天主鬼 不是基督教科学鬼 |
[37:39] | Sweetheart, you lived. | 亲爱的 你活了下来 |
[37:43] | And from where I sit, | 依我看 |
[37:45] | God and I tag-teamed you on this one. | 我曾和上帝联手救活了你 |
[37:51] | – You think I should lose my faith? – No. | -你觉得我该丢弃信仰吗 -不是 |
[37:54] | If it works for you, keep it. | 如果它对你有用 就保留着吧 |
[37:58] | I’d lose the horse, though. | 不过我会放弃骑马 |
[38:04] | Take care of yourself. | 好好保重自己 |
[38:06] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[38:13] | He’s set. | 一切就位 |
[38:16] | – Okay. – Here we go. | -好 -开始 |
[38:19] | Fingers crossed. | 祈祷成功吧 |
[38:25] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[38:49] | Hello? | 喂 |
[38:51] | Dad, hey. Hi. | 爸 你好吗 |
[38:54] | So funny. I was thinking of you today, too. | 真有趣 我今天也在想你呢 |
[38:58] | Just missing you, I guess. | 就是想起您了 |
[39:00] | How are you? How’s mom? | 您怎么样 妈妈呢 |
[39:03] | Me? | 我 |
[39:05] | I’m great. Yeah, I… | 我挺好的 嗯 |
[39:07] | I had this totally radical procedure today. | 我今天完成了一台大手术 |
[39:10] | Radiological psychosurgery. | 放射精神外科手术 |
[39:13] | Radiation. Uh, it’s called gamma knife. | 放射 那个叫伽马刀 |
[39:16] | I’ll send you a youtube link. You can see what it is. | 我给您发视频链接吧 看了您就知道了 |
[39:20] | Yeah, it’s gonna have to sink in, dad. | 对咯 爸爸您现在必须充分意识到 |
[39:22] | Your little girl’s a brain surgeon now. | 你家小丫头现在是脑外科医生咯 |
[39:28] | Mark’s good. | 马克也挺好的 |
[39:30] | Uh, you know what? I just walked in the door. | 我跟您讲哈 我刚刚进门 |
[39:32] | Can I call you back in like 10? | 我再打给您好吗 大概十分钟 |
[39:35] | Yeah. Okay. I love you. | 嗯 好 我爱你 |
[40:24] | No, you don’t. | 你不可以这样 |
[40:25] | I’ve got bald dibs on this place. | 我在这地方是有光头优先权的 |
[40:29] | Whatever he’s having. | 跟他一样 |
[40:33] | So, uh, how did the lobotomy work out? | 额叶切除术结果怎么样 |
[40:37] | Very well. | 非常好 |
[40:38] | So well, in fact, we’re thinking of trying one on you. | 实际上 我们考虑也给你来一下 |
[40:40] | Oh, you doing stand-up now, huh? | 怎么着 你现在成说相声的了 |
[40:42] | Just because you look funny don’t make you funny. | 别以为自己长得搞笑就拿自己当笑星 |
[40:47] | “Someone comes into my ER dying, | 如果我的急诊室进来一个性命垂危的人 |
[40:50] | I fix it. Uh…” | 我会救他 |
[40:53] | “You damn well better respect me. | 但你他妈的最好尊重我 |
[40:55] | It comes with the title.” | 因为爷有职衔 |
[40:58] | That’s not bad. | 不错嘛 |
[41:01] | So, it really did go OK? | 所以真的挺顺利吗 |
[41:05] | The boy is gonna be alright? | 小男孩会痊愈吗 |
[41:08] | I think he has every chance, yes. | 我觉得完全有可能 没错 |
[41:12] | – Here’s to that. – Indeed. | -为这个干一杯 -绝对的 |
[41:18] | Such a defiant, Big Cat. | 够能挑衅的哈 虎爷 |
[41:20] | Yes alright, alright. | 得 够了哈 |