时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | GSC plus 6. | GSC指数只有6 |
[00:04] | Both leads show sinus tach. | 两个导联都显示窦性心动过速 |
[00:05] | 18, 19-year-old male, shocky, barely responsive. | 男性约十八九岁 休克中 几乎无反应 |
[00:07] | Start the massive transfusion protocol. | 开始进行大量输血 |
[00:09] | We didn’t dare move it. We don’t know what it hit. | 我们没敢动 不知道具体伤处 |
[00:10] | – Give me some numbers. – BP 60 palp. | -体征数据 -收缩压60 舒张压没有 |
[00:12] | – Heart rate 130. – Page Dr. Napur. | -心跳130 -呼叫纳普尔医生 |
[00:14] | O2 sat 85 on 6 liters and falling. | 氧饱和度85% 输液6升仍在降 |
[00:14] | He has serious abdominal bleeding. We need to open him up. | 他现在腹腔大出血 要马上开腹止血 |
[00:17] | Notifying surgery now. | 正通知外科 |
[00:17] | It either hit a major vessel or his liver. | 不是伤到了大血管就是肝脏 |
[00:20] | – Get anesthesia, stat, to intubate. – I’ll call them. | -马上去叫麻醉师 插管 -我去呼叫 |
[00:23] | I’ll start a second line and get him in. | 我再开通一条静脉通道 |
[00:30] | Nick? | 尼克 |
[00:32] | – Nick? – You know this kid? | -尼克 -你认识这孩子 |
[00:34] | He’s my son. | 他是我儿子 |
[00:37] | Nick, who did this to you? | 尼克 是谁干的 |
[00:45] | Get out of the way! Move! Go, go! Let’s go! | 别挡道 让开 快点让开 |
[00:49] | Packed RBCs. | 输浓缩红细胞[红细胞成分血] |
[00:50] | Clear the way! Back up! Back up! | 让道 退后 退后 |
[00:52] | – In here! – Anesthesia’s ready! | -这间 -麻醉师就位 |
[00:54] | Move it, move it! | 快点 快点 |
[01:01] | They’re in there, including Gato. | 他们都在里面 包括加多 |
[01:02] | – He says he’s assisting. – No, he isn’t. | -他说他也要上手术台 -他不可以上 |
[01:04] | – Syd. – Call Hooten. Get him in there in case I need him. | -小茜 -呼叫胡顿 让他来帮忙 |
[01:15] | – Get him draped now. – Yes, sir. | -给他盖上手术被单 -好的 |
[01:17] | Only got a palpable blood pressure. He’s tachy. | 只测到微弱的血压 他现在心动过速 |
[01:19] | I don’t know what we’re going to find when we get in there, | 我不知道我们开进去以后会发现什么 |
[01:21] | – But he’s crashing. – Did you get any labs? | -但他快不行了 -有化验报告吗 |
[01:22] | No tests, no time. | 没做化验 没时间 |
[01:23] | Got it. You can go. | 知道了 你可以走了 |
[01:25] | – I’m not going. – I have the room, Doctor. | -我不能走 -我才是主刀 医生 |
[01:26] | – You can go. – Excuse me? | -你可以走了 -再说一次 |
[01:28] | This is my OR. I will not have you in this procedure. | 这手术室归我管 我不需要你参加手术 |
[01:30] | I am the best trauma surgeon in this hospital. | 我是本院最好的创伤外科医生 |
[01:32] | Yes, you are. You are also my patient’s father. | 是这样没错 但你也是我患者的父亲 |
[01:34] | – Please leave. – You’re not keeping me from my son. | -请离开 -你不能逼我离开我儿子 |
[01:36] | That exactly what I am doing, and now you’re holding me up. | 我就是要这样做 你现在正妨碍我手术 |
[01:38] | Get out of this room now. | 立刻离开这间手术室 |
[01:40] | Gato, let’s go. | 加多 出去吧 |
[01:44] | Now. | 马上 |
[02:09] | Well, it sounds very serious in here. | 这里的气氛好严肃啊 |
[02:11] | We were just commenting, | 我们只是在感叹 |
[02:12] | for the two of us, of all people, | 我们俩终究跟其他人一样 |
[02:13] | to be resorting to conventional western medicine… | 最后还是要寻求传统西医的救助 |
[02:16] | Oh, believe me, if I could transplant your kidney | 相信我 要是有更具「整体性」的办法 |
[02:19] | into your sister using holistic means, | 将你的肾移植到你妹妹身上 |
[02:21] | I would do it that way. | 我一定会那么做 |
[02:24] | Some sister, huh? | 这种姐姐哪里找啊 |
[02:27] | Indeed. | 的确是 |
[02:29] | So, walk us through it one more time. | 再跟我们说一遍流程 |
[02:32] | You’ll each be taken to separate ORs. | 你们会被送进不同的手术室 |
[02:35] | I will harvest the kidney from you | 我会从你身上取走一个肾 |
[02:37] | while the transplant team is preparing you to receive it. | 同时 移植小组会帮你做好准备接受移植 |
[02:40] | Then I’ll then introduce you to the kidney | 然后我会向你介绍认识一下 |
[02:42] | formerly belonging to your sister, | 原本属于你姐姐的肾 |
[02:44] | and we’ll get on with happily ever after. | 从此大家会永远和谐幸福地相处 |
[02:50] | Morgan… | 摩根 |
[02:53] | …we’re gonna give it our best shot. | 我们会尽最大努力 |
[02:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:59] | I know. | 我知道的 |
[03:04] | Okay. It’s deep into the liver. | 插进肝里了 很深 |
[03:05] | I’m gonna pull it. | 我把它拔出来 |
[03:08] | Eye shields on. | 戴上护目镜 |
[03:09] | Can I get another unit of RBCs? | 能再送一单位的浓缩红细胞吗 |
[03:10] | Suction ready? | 吸引器准备好了吗 |
[03:12] | Suction. | 吸引器 |
[03:23] | – Sutures. – Sutures. | -缝合 -准备缝合 |
[03:30] | Let’s push another five. | 再输注五个单位 |
[03:33] | More gauze. | 再加纱布 |
[03:37] | – Keep ’em coming. – Here you go. | -继续 -给 |
[03:39] | – Sponge stick. – Sponge. | -海绵钳 -海绵钳 |
[03:50] | Thank you for seeing me on such short notice. | 谢谢你这么快就能安排见我 |
[03:51] | You’re extremely gracious. | 你真是太平易近人了 |
[03:52] | Not gracious. Patient service call, VIP. | 不近人 门诊电话要求 VIP |
[03:56] | Must see. | 必须得见 |
[03:58] | Ah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:00] | Um, well, first, my name is Chung Mai. | 首先 我叫钟·麦 |
[04:02] | – Know. – “No”? | -我知 -唔知? |
[04:03] | Not “No”. Know. | 不是「唔知」 我知 |
[04:05] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[04:06] | Everybody know Chung Mai. Famous. | 钟·麦人人皆知 大名鼎鼎 |
[04:10] | – What wrong? – May I show you? | -什么问题 -我可以演示给你看吗 |
[04:28] | What did you hear? | 你听到了什么音 |
[04:28] | G-sharp, almost. | 升G 差一点 |
[04:30] | Exactly! Almost. | 正是 差一点 |
[04:33] | I know from experience that what I played | 我知道依据经验 我刚才拉的 |
[04:35] | was a quarter tone sharper than a “G.” | 比升G调高了四分之一度 |
[04:37] | To the lay ear, it would sound like a “G,” | 对常人来说 听上去就是个G音 |
[04:39] | But to me… I have perfect pitch. | 但对我来说 我拥有绝对音感 |
[04:42] | – Know. – “No”? | -我知 -唔知? |
[04:43] | Not “No”. Know. | 不是「唔知」 我知 |
[04:46] | Everybody know Chung Mai have absolute perfect pitch. | 人人皆知钟·麦拥有绝对音感的能力 |
[04:49] | What wrong? | 什么问题 |
[04:50] | The wrong is that I’ve lost it. | 问题是我失去了这个能力 |
[04:52] | I’ve had every test that… | 所有的测验我都做过了 |
[04:54] | There’s nothing wrong with my hearing | 我的听觉没有问题 |
[04:56] | except when it comes to… | 除了这个之外… |
[04:57] | Absolute pitch not necessary for a musician. | 音乐家没必要一定具备绝对音感 |
[05:02] | I’m Chung Mai. | 我是钟·麦 |
[05:05] | The ear specialists say | 耳科专家说 |
[05:06] | there’s nothing wrong with my ears, so… | 我的耳朵没有任何问题 |
[05:08] | – Think in brain. – Is it? | -觉得问题在大脑 -是吗 |
[05:10] | Would have to run tests, functional MRI. | 要做检查 功能磁共振 |
[05:14] | Okay. Okay. Um… | 好吧 好吧 |
[05:17] | – Looking for… – Lesion, tumor, brain cancer. | -是要检查… -损伤 肿瘤 脑癌 |
[05:22] | Don’t think have. Would show other symptoms. | 应该不是这些 否则会有其它症状 |
[05:27] | How soon can we do the tests? | 最快什么时候能做检查 |
[05:29] | What caused the sister’s kidney failure? Do we know? | 妹妹的肾衰竭病因是什么 知道吗 |
[05:31] | Yes, we do. Amphotericin “B.” | 知道 两性霉素B |
[05:34] | She had a nearly fatal case of leishmaniasis. | 她患了利什曼病 差点送命 |
[05:36] | Oh, rare. Where’d she get that? | 真罕见 她在哪患上的 |
[05:38] | The Sudan. | 苏丹 |
[05:39] | Just about everything about this case is rare. | 这种病极其罕见 |
[05:42] | Black fever from a sand fly, | 被沙蝇叮咬 引发黑热病 |
[05:44] | resultant liver and spleen disease. | 导致肝脾病变 |
[05:46] | Is that the long way of saying, “Don’t vacation in Sudan”? | 这是拐弯抹角地表示「别去苏丹度假」吗 |
[05:49] | They don’t vacation. | 她们不是去度假 |
[05:51] | You know how some people thrive on | 你知道有些人能在 |
[05:53] | living in undeveloped lands and they | 未开化的土地上扎根生活 |
[05:54] | participate in the primitive cultures? | 他们融入原始社会 如鱼得水 |
[05:57] | – Yeah. – These are they. | -知道 -她们就是这种人 |
[06:01] | Okay. | 搞定 |
[06:02] | Time to get Tory’s kidney to her sister. | 把托莉的肾转到她妹妹体内 |
[06:08] | – Hey. – “Hey,” nothing. | -嘿 -嘿什么 |
[06:13] | They had no right to throw me out. | 他们没权利把我拦在外面 |
[06:16] | That’s my son down there. | 那下面是我儿子 |
[06:18] | What right do they have to throw me out? | 他们凭什么把我拦在外面 |
[06:22] | That’s your son down there. | 那下面是你儿子 |
[06:24] | You want me to recite the hospital policies, chapter and verse? | 你想要我把医院制度逐条背给你听吗 |
[06:27] | No, I don’t. | 不 不用 |
[06:31] | Who would stab him? Who… who would do this? | 谁刺伤的他 谁会做出这种事 |
[06:34] | Do they even know what happened? | 具体情况了解吗 |
[06:36] | Was he attacked on the street? | 他是在大街上被袭击了 |
[06:38] | Was he robbed? | 还是被抢劫了 |
[06:40] | It was a kitchen knife, | 凶器是一把厨房用刀 |
[06:41] | which means it was in someone’s home. | 这表明是发生在某人家中的 |
[06:43] | Which probably means he was stabbed | 所以他很有可能 |
[06:45] | by someone who knows him. | 是被熟人刺伤的 |
[06:48] | Who… who would do this to him? | 谁 谁会这样对他 |
[06:50] | Gato, does that even matter right now? | 加多 现在这重要吗 |
[07:00] | No. | 不 |
[07:20] | What? What? | 怎么 怎么了 |
[07:21] | She went into v-tach. | 她出现了室性心动过速 |
[07:22] | Gave her meds. She progressed quickly to v-fib. | 服药之后 很快发展成室颤 |
[07:25] | – You shock her? – Four times. | -除颤了吗 -四次了 |
[07:26] | She went into asystole after the last attempt. | 最后一次电击后她心跳停止了 |
[07:29] | – Drugs? – You name it. | -药呢 -能用的都用了 |
[07:31] | – Go. – Amiodarone initially, then EPI, | -说 -最先是胺碘酮 然后肾上腺素 |
[07:33] | calcium, bicarb… no result. | 钙拮抗剂 碳酸氢钠 都没用 |
[07:34] | – How long? – Nine minutes since the first defib. | -多长时间了 -九分钟前第一次除颤 |
[07:36] | Nine minutes? Come on, Morgan. | 九分钟 振作 摩根 |
[07:38] | – Tell me when. – Anyone have hesitation? | -告诉我时间 -谁还有办法 |
[07:40] | – Anything? Anything to try? – We did everything. | -还有别的办法吗 -我们尽力了 |
[07:46] | Damn it. Damn it. | 该死的 该死 |
[07:56] | Time of death… 2:10. | 死亡时间 2点10分 |
[08:27] | Ah, right there… very small. | 在那里 非常小 |
[08:31] | – A tumor? – Likely. | -肿瘤吗 -很有可能 |
[08:32] | Astrocytoma, planum temporale. | 星形细胞瘤 在颞平面 |
[08:34] | Can remove. | 可以摘除 |
[08:35] | Is that risky? | 有风险吗 |
[08:38] | In brain, yes, risky, | 大脑里 是 有风险 |
[08:40] | but can remove. | 但可以摘除 |
[08:43] | So, uh, what’s the worst-case scenario? | 那最糟糕的后果是什么 |
[08:46] | Dead. | 死亡 |
[08:48] | Not happen. I can remove. | 不会发生 我能摘除掉 |
[08:50] | And give me my perfect pitch back? | 能恢复我的绝对音感吗 |
[08:53] | That not know. | 不知道 |
[08:57] | Doctor, I-I need a little guidance here. | 医生 我…我需要一点指导 |
[09:00] | I’m a man of considerable precision. | 我是个相当严谨的人 |
[09:02] | I came to this hospital, to you, because I was told | 我来这家医院找您 是因为我听说 |
[09:04] | that you were a neurosurgeon of extreme precision… | 您是位非常严谨的神经外科医生 |
[09:08] | One who plays the violin himself, | 而且您会拉小提琴 |
[09:10] | one who, in fact, has perfect pitch. | 实际上 您也同样具有绝对音感 |
[09:12] | I know all about you, and that’s why I’m here. | 我非常了解你 所以才来这里 |
[09:16] | But I need some precise guidance. | 但我需要更清晰的医疗指导 |
[09:20] | It brain. Cannot give exact prognosis. | 大脑 无法给出准确的预后 |
[09:24] | Surgery could make you better… | 手术可能会让你更优秀 |
[09:26] | could make you lose music altogether. | 也可能让你连音乐能力都失去 |
[09:29] | Only thing know certain… | 唯一能确定的是… |
[09:31] | You have growth in head… not good. | 你脑中有肿瘤 不好 |
[09:36] | I listen your music. I know your gift. | 我常听你的音乐 了解你的天赋 |
[09:41] | I will try to save. | 我会尽力挽救的 |
[09:48] | You have children? | 你有孩子吗 |
[09:50] | Yes. | 有 |
[09:51] | A boy, 6, and a girl, 3. | 儿子 6岁 女儿 3岁 |
[09:56] | Take out tumor. | 摘除肿瘤吧 |
[10:02] | We knew her condition was precarious, | 我们知道她的身体状况很不稳定 |
[10:05] | and we knew this was possible. | 也知道这种情况是有可能的 |
[10:09] | But, still, I am so sorry. | 但 我还是很抱歉 |
[10:17] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[10:18] | We’ve been saying goodbye for a few years. | 过去几年我们一直在道别 |
[10:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:22] | You did everything you possibly could | 你已经为你妹妹 |
[10:23] | for your sister, and she knew it. | 竭尽所能 她知道的 |
[10:28] | And I hope that thought brings you comfort. | 我希望这种想法会给你点安慰 |
[10:32] | Now, listen, Tory, I hate to bring this up at this moment, | 托莉 我也不想在这时候提出来 |
[10:36] | But I have a question for you, and there is some urgency to it. | 但我有个比较紧迫的问题想问你 |
[10:40] | Evidently, you did not give permission | 很明显 你并没有给予许可 |
[10:43] | – to reallocate the kidney to a different recipient… – No. | -将你的肾再分配给其他人 -不要 |
[10:47] | – We could save… – I want it back. | -我们可以挽救 -我想移植回来 |
[10:50] | That probably sounds simple enough. | 听起来是很简单 |
[10:52] | But in this situation, | 但现在这种情况 |
[10:53] | though we’ve preserved the kidney, | 尽管我们已经保存了肾 |
[10:54] | we do not reimplant it in you. | 我们不能将其再植入你的体内 |
[10:57] | The benefits are not worth the risk of another, | 考虑到你还有一颗完全正常 |
[11:00] | second procedure, given the fact that you have | 功能健全的肾 不值得冒险 |
[11:03] | a perfectly normal, functioning kidney. | 再进行一次手术 |
[11:05] | I want the kidney. | 我想要这颗肾 |
[11:08] | I want to take it home with me. | 我想带它回家 |
[11:16] | – Okay, this is bizarre. – Tell me. | -刚刚好诡异 -跟我说说 |
[11:18] | Well, I got called in as a neuro-res. | 我刚作为神经科住院医生去会诊 |
[11:20] | The patient can’t move his legs. | 有位患者的腿动不了 |
[11:22] | No apparent physical injuries… | 没有明显的器质性损伤 |
[11:23] | Could be psychological paralysis. | 可能是心理麻木 |
[11:26] | You see the police over there? | 你看见那边的警察了吗 |
[11:29] | Here for our patient. | 就是来找患者的 |
[11:30] | What’d he do? | 他干了什么 |
[11:31] | Stabbed somebody in a cooking class. | 在烹饪课上刺伤了别人 |
[11:33] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[11:34] | I am not touching this one. | 我不管这事儿了 |
[11:40] | Hi. I’m Dr. Ridgeway. How we doing? | 你好 我是里奇韦医生 感觉怎么样 |
[11:44] | Been better. | 好多了 |
[11:46] | I’m told we can’t move our feet or legs? | 我听说你的脚和腿都动不了 |
[11:49] | – No, ma’am. – Mind if I check? | -是的 女士 -我能检查一下吗 |
[11:54] | Oh. So no voluntary movement, but your reflexes are intact. | 不能随意运动 但神经反射并未受损 |
[11:58] | You want to tell me what happened? | 能跟我说是怎么回事吗 |
[12:00] | Not really. | 不能 |
[12:01] | I’d just like to lie here for a minute, please. | 现在我只想就这么躺一下 |
[12:04] | Mm. What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[12:05] | Glenn… Glenn Kubiak. | 格伦 格伦·库比亚克 |
[12:07] | Okay, Glenn, I’m gonna level with you. | 好吧 格伦 我得跟你说实话 |
[12:09] | Okay? Then maybe you can level with me. | 好吗 也许这样你会对我说实话 |
[12:11] | Radiology is saying there’s no physical cause | 放射科说你的瘫痪并非器质性病因导致 |
[12:13] | for your paralysis, which means it could be in your head. | 也就是说 可能是你的心理问题 |
[12:16] | Now, I can run more tests, but in doing so, | 我可以安排更多检查 但这样的话 |
[12:18] | we’d be exposing you to unnecessary radiation. | 你就得接受不必要的辐射 |
[12:21] | You want to tell me what’s going on? | 现在想告诉我是怎么回事吗 |
[12:25] | – Doctor-patient privilege? – Of course. | -医患保密吗 -当然了 |
[12:29] | I can sort of move my legs a little. | 我可以稍微移动我的腿了 |
[12:31] | You can? | 是吗 |
[12:32] | But I want to wait till my lawyer gets here, ’cause, otherwise, | 但我想等到我的律师来这里 |
[12:34] | there’s police out there that are gonna take me away. | 不然外面的警察会把我带走的 |
[12:37] | Look, if you’re not hurt, | 如果你没受伤 |
[12:39] | we don’t offer witness protection here… | 我们这里也提供不了证人保护 |
[12:40] | Nor do we harbor fugitives. | 也不会窝藏逃犯 |
[12:45] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[12:49] | I can’t move my legs. | 我的双腿动不了 |
[12:51] | Get me another doctor, if you wouldn’t mind. | 不介意的话 请你帮我再找一位医生 |
[13:11] | He’ll be fine. | 他会没事的 |
[13:12] | – You mean it? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[13:15] | He’s lucky. | 他很幸运 |
[13:16] | He’s got some recovering to do, | 虽然需要时间康复 |
[13:17] | but the recovery’ll be full. | 但是他会痊愈的 |
[13:21] | Sit back down for a second. | 再坐会儿吧 |
[13:28] | I do my best work when I’m in my zone. | 我不被打扰 才能做到最好 |
[13:30] | I couldn’t trust myself to be in that zone with the big cat, | 要是虎爷在身旁 我可一点把握都没有 |
[13:33] | who just so happens to be the kid’s father, | 同时他还是孩子的父亲 |
[13:35] | staring over my shoulder. | 被他盯着太有压力了 |
[13:37] | I threw you out so I would be better. | 我把你赶出去 才能做得更好 |
[13:40] | Give Nick his best chance. Understood? | 要给予尼克最好的机会 明白吗 |
[13:43] | Understood. | 我明白 |
[13:46] | He’ll be awake in another half-hour or so. | 再过半小时他应该就苏醒了 |
[13:50] | Thank you, Syd. | 谢谢你 小茜 |
[13:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:57] | Let you collect your thoughts for a second. | 你一个人静一静 整理一下心情吧 |
[14:12] | Well, we’ll certainly be having a drink tonight, my friend. | 今晚我们一定得喝上一杯了 老伙计 |
[14:32] | In there? | 就这屋里的吗 |
[14:34] | The kid who stabbed Nick? | 刺伤尼克的小子 |
[14:36] | Well, he stabbed a 20-year-old male in a cooking class. | 他在烹饪课上刺伤了一位20岁男性 |
[14:38] | Nick arrived with a kitchen knife in him. | 而尼克来时 身上插着一把厨刀 |
[14:40] | He’s actually feigning paralysis while | 他现在却谎称双腿麻痹 |
[14:42] | he waits for his lawyer to show up. | 想拖延等到他的律师来 |
[14:44] | Does Gato know? | 加多知道吗 |
[14:45] | No, no. I didn’t tell him. | 不知道 我没告诉他 |
[14:48] | Then again, something tells me he knows. | 话又说回来 他好像已经知道了 |
[14:51] | Gato, I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to go in th… | 加多 我觉得你这样进去不太好 |
[14:57] | Mr. Kubiak. | 库比亚克先生 |
[14:59] | I was told you wanted to see another doctor. | 听说你想见一位不同的医生 |
[15:01] | – Gato. – I’m trauma chief here. | -加多 -我是创伤科的主任 |
[15:03] | This is Dr. Wilson, neurosurgery. | 这是威尔逊医生 神经外科医生 |
[15:05] | He’s here strictly to observe. | 他只是来这里观察的 |
[15:08] | One doctor’s enough, thanks. | 一位医生就够了 谢谢 |
[15:10] | Uh, well, actually, a hundred doctors couldn’t help you. | 实际上 再请一百个医生也帮不了你 |
[15:13] | That’s what I came to tell you. | 我就是来跟你说这句话 |
[15:16] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[15:17] | Uh, son, it-it shouldn’t be affecting your legs. | 孩子 应该不会影响到你的双腿 |
[15:20] | I-I can’t explain that. | 这个我也解释不清楚 |
[15:21] | But your scan showed a pretty | 但你的片子显示 |
[15:23] | significant growth on your liver. | 有些东西正在你的肝上增长 |
[15:25] | – It appears to be malignant. – Growth? | -看来是恶性的 -增长 |
[15:28] | On my liver? Wait, like a tumor? | 在我肝脏上 你是说肿瘤吗 |
[15:30] | Yeah, there’s spots on your lungs, your kidneys. | 你的肺和肾上都有斑点 |
[15:32] | It-it’s spreading all over everywhere. | 快转移到你的全身了 |
[15:35] | What’s everywhere? | 什么转移到全身了 |
[15:36] | Cancer? | 癌症吗 |
[15:37] | Is there someone you would like me to call… | 需要我帮你给谁打电话吗 |
[15:39] | a family member, clergy? | 家人 还是牧师 |
[15:41] | Clergy? Like I’m gonna die? | 牧师 我是快死了吗 |
[15:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:49] | I-I didn’t tell him. He heard. I just sort of… | 我没告诉他 他听别人说的 只是我 |
[15:53] | – Confirmed it. – Was I wrong? | -帮他确认了 -不应该吗 |
[15:55] | I didn’t want to lie to the guy. | 我不想对他撒谎啊 |
[15:56] | Well, with any luck, he won’t kill him. | 但愿他不会杀了那孩子 |
[15:59] | I got his confession. | 我得到他的口供了 |
[16:08] | You not want to call family? | 你不想联系家人吗 |
[16:11] | Meaning what… I might die? | 什么意思 我可能会死吗 |
[16:13] | No die, but brain surgery, so… | 不会死 但是脑部手术 |
[16:15] | Well, first, my family is all back in Illinois. | 我的家人都在伊利诺斯州 |
[16:18] | And second… and I realize this may sound strange… | 再说 你也许很难理解 |
[16:21] | but my gift is extremely personal to me. | 可我的天赋是我自己的事情 |
[16:24] | And since I might potentially lose it with this procedure, | 既然这个天赋有可能在手术后失去 |
[16:26] | what I’d actually like to do over the next two hours… | 那么我只想在接下来的两小时里 |
[16:30] | is just play. | 拉琴 |
[16:32] | – Play? – Yes. | -拉琴 -是的 |
[16:35] | Since this could possibly be for the last time… | 因为可能这将是最后一次了 |
[16:41] | …I’d like to just play. | 我只想拉琴 |
[16:44] | First of all, my deepest condolences | 首先 请让我对令妹的过世 |
[16:47] | on the untimely loss of your sister. | 表达我最真诚的哀悼 |
[16:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:50] | If there’s anything we can do to help… | 若是你需要任何东西 |
[16:51] | with counseling, patient services. | 心理辅导 病患服务 |
[16:54] | You’ve all been more than kind. | 你们都待我很好 |
[16:56] | – I-I just want the kidney. – Yes. | -我只是想把肾带走 -明白 |
[16:58] | I have here a pamphlet that | 我这里有一份小册子 |
[17:00] | outlines the hospital’s policy… | 里面概述了医院的规章制度 |
[17:02] | No, no. I don’t want a pamphlet. | 不 不要 我不要什么小册子 |
[17:04] | – Thank you. Just the kidney. – Yes. | -谢谢 我只想要肾 -明白 |
[17:06] | Unfortunately, under Oregon law, | 不幸的是 根据俄勒冈州法律规定 |
[17:09] | I first have to ascertain the answers to a few questions | 我必须先确定您对几个问题的回答 |
[17:13] | that are designed to be unobtrusive in nature. | 这些问题的设计都不会很唐突 |
[17:15] | – Who is this person? – Oh, my name is Fran Horowitz. | -她到底是谁 -我叫弗兰·霍洛维兹 |
[17:18] | I’m from Patient Safe… | 我来自病患安全 |
[17:19] | Why can’t I just have my own kidney? | 直接把我的肾还给我不行吗 |
[17:21] | Unfortunately, there are rules in place… | 不幸的是 这些都是有规定的 |
[17:23] | biohazardous concerns, | 关系到生物危害 |
[17:25] | infection-control issues, legal implications. | 感染控制问题 还牵涉法律上的问题 |
[17:28] | Let me get this right. | 让我弄清楚一点 |
[17:29] | If I passed a kidney stone at home, it’s mine, | 如果我在家里摘除肾结石 就归我 |
[17:32] | but if I pass it here, it’s yours? | 如果在这里摘除 就归你们了 |
[17:34] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[17:35] | And who exactly are these rules designed to protect? | 那这些规定到底是为了保护谁 |
[17:38] | Tory, the kidney has probably been rinsed by now | 托莉 现在你的肾可能已经被 |
[17:41] | in a formaldehyde preservative. | 甲醛防腐剂冲洗过了 |
[17:43] | So? There’s formaldehyde in flu shots. | 那又怎样 流感疫苗里也有甲醛 |
[17:44] | If I could just get an explanation as to your intent… | 如果您跟我解释一下您的真正目的 |
[17:48] | I don’t owe you an explanation. | 我不需要对你做任何解释 |
[17:50] | I really don’t mean to be rude, | 我其实真不想太无礼 |
[17:52] | and since you don’t, as well… | 可既然您也无意以礼相待 |
[17:53] | That kidney is the last thing | 那个肾是我和我妹妹之间 |
[17:55] | I have that I shared with my sister. | 最后的联系了 |
[17:57] | I don’t care if that seems meaningless to you. | 对你们或许毫无意义 我不在乎 |
[17:59] | Does not seem meaningless. | 绝不是毫无意义 |
[18:01] | You’re my doctor. | 你是我的医生 |
[18:03] | I needed your team to save my sister. | 我需要你的团队来拯救我的妹妹 |
[18:05] | That didn’t work out so well. | 结果没能成功 |
[18:06] | But this is what I need from you now. | 这次我需要你让我做这件事 |
[18:10] | W-women get around these rules all the time | 不是有很多女人常常为了胎盘 |
[18:12] | when it comes to placentas. | 去钻这些空子吗 |
[18:14] | They do? Why would they take their placentas home? | 有吗 为什么要拿胎盘回家 |
[18:19] | It helps with postpartum depression. | 有助于缓解产后忧郁症 |
[18:24] | The nutrients in the placenta | 胎盘中的营养成分 |
[18:26] | are very effective in averting postpartum depression. | 能有效地预防产后忧郁症 |
[18:31] | They eat it?! | 把胎盘吃了 |
[18:32] | Is this what you have in mind here with the kidney? | 你也想如此处理肾吗 |
[18:34] | You can’t tell me how I should express grief. | 轮不到你来告诉我该如何表达哀伤 |
[18:36] | Morgan and I witnessed a ceremony | 摩根和我参加过一个仪式 |
[18:38] | where a grieving mother consumed some of her child’s organs. | 一位悲痛的母亲食用了她孩儿的一部分器官 |
[18:41] | In their culture, they believe that it helps assimilate | 在他们的文化中 他们认为这样 |
[18:44] | the personality of the deceased into their own. | 能让死者与他们融为一体 |
[18:46] | It was beautiful, joyful. | 这样很美好 很快乐 |
[18:50] | You may think that’s creepy, but what would they think | 你们可能觉得瘆人 但把人埋在泥土中 |
[18:52] | about burying people in the dirt and letting them rot? | 任其慢慢腐烂 换做他们又会怎么想呢 |
[18:58] | So you do plan to eat the kidney? | 所以你真的想要把肾吃了 |
[19:07] | Nick? | 尼克 |
[19:15] | Sydney Napur. Remember me? | 我是茜妮·纳普尔 记得吗 |
[19:19] | You’re gonna be absolutely fine. | 你会好起来的 |
[19:22] | Yeah, your abdomen’s gonna hurt for a bit, | 你的肚子还得疼上一阵子 |
[19:24] | But…it’s all good. | 但是…没事的 |
[19:29] | This kid… he… he just stabbed me. | 那个孩子 他 捅了我 |
[19:35] | I’m hearing they got him, by the way, | 我听说他被抓住了 |
[19:36] | So you don’t need to worry about that. | 你不用担心这个了 |
[19:39] | Where’s my dad? Is he all right? | 我爸呢 他没事吧 |
[19:42] | He’s a mess, but other than that, he’s totally fine. | 挺崩溃 但除此之外 没什么事 |
[19:47] | Okay, we’re gonna keep you here in the ICU for a couple days, | 我们会让你在重症监护室待几天 |
[19:49] | and then we’ll move you to a regular room, okay? | 然后再将你转到普通病房 好吗 |
[19:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:08] | Don’t cry, okay? | 不要哭 |
[20:22] | She wants to eat her own kidney. | 她想吃掉自己的肾 |
[20:24] | So it would seem, the more I think about it, | 看上去是的 我越寻思 |
[20:27] | The more I’m inclined to agree with her. | 我就越倾向于她的决定 |
[20:28] | Yeah, well, you and thought, Buck, | 你和你的寻思 巴克 |
[20:29] | haven’t always been terribly compatible. | 并非总是和谐兼容 |
[20:31] | Harding, I am not someone you could accuse of | 哈丁 我可不是那种思想开放 |
[20:34] | – having an open mind. – Yeah. Can we discuss this later? | -让人侧目的人 -我们能过会儿再谈吗 |
[20:35] | – When? – When I say. | -什么时候 -我说了算 |
[20:38] | Excuse me a moment. | 请稍等片刻好吗 |
[20:49] | – Doctor? – Shh! | -医生 -嘘 |
[20:51] | Listening. | 聆听中 |
[20:55] | – Is that Mr. Mai? – Shh! | -是麦先生吗 -嘘 |
[20:58] | Listening. | 聆听 |
[21:25] | – He’s okay? – He’s okay. | -他还好吗 -很好 |
[21:28] | How’s dad doing? | 老爸你呢 |
[21:29] | Dad’s great. | 老爸也很好 |
[21:34] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[21:38] | …I’ve been sitting here, | 我一直坐在这 |
[21:40] | replaying all the conversations I’ve had with my son. | 回忆我和儿子的所有谈话 |
[21:46] | And what jumps out… | 而浮现在脑海中的 |
[21:49] | is all the conversations we haven’had. | 却都是我们没有说过的话 |
[21:53] | Well, it’s not too late. | 还来得及 |
[21:57] | Right now, you got him hostage in a hospital room. | 现在 他被困到病房中 |
[21:59] | Go get started. | 可以开始了 |
[22:00] | Well, I wouldn’t even know where to start. | 我都不知道从哪开始 |
[22:02] | Cooking school? | 烹饪学校吗 |
[22:04] | I sure as hell didn’t know about that. | 那我真是一点都不知道 |
[22:06] | Cooking school? He…he might be gay. | 烹饪学校 他有可能是同性恋 |
[22:08] | – Would that be a problem? – If he was gay? | -那有问题吗 -如果他是同性恋吗 |
[22:12] | No. | 没有 |
[22:13] | That I didn’t know? | 如果我之前不知道 |
[22:16] | That would be the problem. | 那就有问题了 |
[22:21] | You know why that kid stabbed Nick? | 你知道为什么那孩子捅了尼克吗 |
[22:26] | Because Nick criticized his baklava. | 因为尼克吐槽了他的千层酥 |
[22:30] | Yeah, what the hell? | 这都他妈怎么了 |
[22:31] | I mean, what kind of world is this? | 这世界到底怎么了 |
[22:35] | I mean, I used to always think | 我以前总是以为 |
[22:37] | I had the world by the balls, | 我双手已能掌控世界 |
[22:40] | But I don’t have squat. | 但其实半根毛都没有 |
[22:42] | You got a son upstairs who probably could use | 你有儿子 他在楼上的养病期间 |
[22:44] | some downtime with his father. | 可能需要父亲的陪伴 |
[22:52] | Well, it’s small enough. | 真是够小了 |
[22:54] | – I don’t know much about absolute pitch. – I do. | -我不太懂绝对音感 -我懂 |
[22:57] | I have. | 我有 |
[22:59] | – You have absolute pitch? – Yes. | -你有绝对音感 -是的 |
[23:03] | Can you assist? | 你能协助我吗 |
[23:06] | You want me to assist on the procedure? | 你要我协助手术 |
[23:09] | Yes. Man has gift. Cannot lose gift. | 是的 这人有天赋 不能失去 |
[23:12] | He Chung Mai. | 他是钟·麦 |
[23:14] | Want backup. | 想要支援 |
[23:15] | Well, if you feel like you need backup… | 如果你需要支援的话 |
[23:16] | Not need… | 不是需要 |
[23:17] | Want. Difference. | 是想要 不一样 |
[23:23] | Please. | 拜托 |
[23:28] | Now you want me to see a shrink? | 你们想让我去看精神科医生 |
[23:29] | Look, I am willing to champion your position, | 我是很乐意支持你的 |
[23:33] | but I need to satisfy people | 但我得让别人满意 |
[23:35] | that you are not a raving lunatic. | 证明你不是狂躁型精神病 |
[23:38] | I’m sorry if that came out wrong. | 如有冒犯请见谅 |
[23:40] | But, Tory, you have just lost your sister. | 但是托莉 你刚刚失去了妹妹 |
[23:43] | You are grief-stricken. | 你正经历丧亲之痛 |
[23:45] | And you did just come out of general anesthesia. | 你刚刚从全身麻醉中恢复过来 |
[23:48] | And you are susceptible to questions | 你现在很容易被怀疑 |
[23:50] | as to whether you can make a rational decision, | 是否具备做出理性决定的能力 |
[23:52] | not the least of which, you want to eat your kidney. | 更不用说 你还想吃掉你自己的肾 |
[23:56] | And as I say, I am willing to fight that fight | 我说了 如果你意已决 |
[24:00] | if that’s what you want, but I need to be armed. | 我愿帮你争取到底 但我得有理才能力争 |
[24:05] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[24:07] | Send in your big shrink. | 让精神科医生来吧 |
[24:21] | How you feeling? | 感觉怎么样 |
[24:24] | Fine. | 没事 |
[24:31] | – I’m sorry. – For what? | -对不起 -为什么 |
[24:33] | I don’t know… | 不知道 |
[24:34] | showing up to your job, all stabbed. | 在你工作的地方出现 被人捅成这样 |
[24:37] | Well, you know, it seems if your new school | 话说 如果你的新学校 |
[24:39] | is going to be passing out knives, | 准备分发刀具的话 |
[24:41] | they ought to vet their students better. | 那他们就得好好审查自己的学生了 |
[24:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:46] | Well, otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theater? | 不然就问林肯夫人戏院里好不好 |
[24:51] | What? | 什么 |
[24:54] | Uh, um, nothing. | 没事 |
[24:56] | So, um… | 那个 |
[24:59] | Cooking, huh? | 学烹饪是吧 |
[25:02] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[25:03] | – For? – I-I don’t know. | -为什么 -我不知道 |
[25:04] | Look, I know it’s not football and it ain’t medicine. | 我知道它不是橄榄球 也不是医学 |
[25:07] | Buddy, you should do whatever makes you happy. | 伙计 你想做什么都可以 开心就好 |
[25:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:11] | Really. | 真的 |
[25:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:16] | Well, look, there’s something you don’t know about me, dad, | 爸 我还有些事你并不知道 |
[25:20] | that maybe now is the time to tell you, as good as any. | 现在是时候告诉你了 |
[25:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:32] | I want to be an actor. | 我想要当演员 |
[25:34] | An actor? | 演员 |
[25:36] | – Sorry. – No, no, no, no, no. | -对不起 -不不不 |
[25:37] | Acting is great. | 当演员挺好的 |
[25:39] | I mean, if that’s what you want. | 你想做就去做好了 |
[25:41] | But, dad, you always said there’s a name for actors… | 可是 爸 您以前常说演员都是 |
[25:43] | Actresses. | 戏子 |
[25:44] | – I said that? – Many times. | -我说过吗 -好多次了 |
[25:46] | Well, you know, maybe I’ve evolved some… | 也许我有了一些进步 |
[25:50] | You know, like you, Nick. | 就像你一样 尼克 |
[25:51] | You know, we’ve grown. Um… | 我们都会不断成长 |
[25:57] | Maybe we should talk more, | 也许我们应该多聊聊 |
[25:59] | fill in each other on our growing. | 互相了解一下对方的成长 |
[26:01] | You hate talking. | 你一向不喜欢谈心 |
[26:03] | I’m working on that. | 我正在努力克服 |
[26:18] | Okay. Everybody’s busy. Let’s get it started, shall we? | 好 大家都很忙 现在开始吧 |
[26:24] | Now, where shall I start? | 从哪里讲起呢 |
[26:39] | Well, I’ve had grand luck with Buck lately, | 不久前我有幸和巴克合作 |
[26:41] | so let’s have the Buck stop here, shall we? | 那么有请巴克 责无旁贷地上台吧 |
[26:46] | These are exciting times, are they not, Buck? | 真是激动人心的一刻 不是吗 巴克 |
[26:48] | Tell us what’s new in your busy life. | 跟大家说说你百忙之中的新成就吧 |
[26:51] | A transplant patient died this week. | 本周出现一例移植术后患者死亡 |
[26:53] | The circumstances are not relevant. | 跟外部环境没有关系 |
[26:55] | Suffice it to say that the intended recipient of a kidney | 需要说明的是 既定的肾移植受者 |
[26:58] | transplant expired just prior to implantation. | 在移植之前就去世了 |
[27:01] | Now, the donor, who is the recipient’s sister, | 现在 器官捐献人 即受者的姐姐 |
[27:05] | did undergo procurement and seeks now to | 其肾已被摘取 目前她在设法争取 |
[27:07] | retain custody of her kidney. | 自己的肾脏保管权 |
[27:11] | She has not said so directly, | 虽然她并未直接表明 |
[27:12] | but I believe she intends to eat it | 但我确信她是想将其吃掉 |
[27:15] | as part of a funeral ritual. | 这是某种祭奠仪式的一部分 |
[27:17] | – Now… – Cannibalism? | -现在 -食人族吗 |
[27:19] | I’m done wasting my time with this nonsense. | 听这种无聊的事情是在浪费我的时间 |
[27:21] | Uh, sit down, Gato. | 坐下来 加多 |
[27:23] | After all, you might turn out to be a featured | 也许过会儿你将在今天这场大戏中 |
[27:25] | performer in today’s theater. | 担当特别出演嘉宾呢 |
[27:30] | Now, as the patient has properly maintained, | 只要患者保养得宜 |
[27:32] | we do release placenta for its nutritional benefits. | 我们也会为其营养价值而将胎盘发还 |
[27:36] | So why not the kidney, if that’s what she wants? | 如果这是她的心愿 肾脏又有何不可呢 |
[27:38] | Because it’s sick? Because it’s ridiculous? | 因为这样很变态吧 很离谱 |
[27:41] | – ‘Cause it’s barbaric? – Why? | -因为这样很野蛮 -怎样 |
[27:42] | Because it’s not western? | 就因为不是西方文化吗 |
[27:44] | Oh, please, not everyone is East versus West. | 拜托 不是所有人都搞东西对抗的 |
[27:45] | Look, there are all kinds of nontraditional healing methods | 世界上有各种各样非传统的治疗方法 |
[27:48] | that we frown on in western culture. | 放到西方文化中都要被横眉反对 |
[27:50] | – Name three. – I could give you 10. | -举三个例子 -我可以给你举十个 |
[27:51] | – I’ll take three. – Fine. | -我就要三个 -行 |
[27:52] | There are doctors in both the US and Europe who have | 在美国和欧洲都有医生 |
[27:55] | successfully treated ulcerative colitis with whipworm eggs. | 成功地用鞭虫卵治愈了溃疡性结肠炎 |
[27:58] | We used to scoff at using maggots to eat bacteria… | 我们曾嘲笑使用蛆吃掉细菌的疗法 |
[28:00] | Now it’s mainstream. In Scotland, | 现如今此疗法已成主流 在苏格兰 |
[28:02] | they’re using human feces to treat strains of C. diff. | 有人使用人类粪便治疗艰难梭菌感染 |
[28:04] | – Do you want me to keep going? – I’d prefer you make a point. | -还要继续吗 -请说重点 |
[28:06] | My point is, we are arrogant. | 我的重点是 我们傲慢自大 |
[28:08] | There are so many forms of holistic medicine, | 世界上有那么多各种形式的整体医疗 |
[28:10] | some ritualistic. Just because they can’t always be | 有些很有宗教仪式性 就因为它们大多 |
[28:12] | statistically quantified doesn’t mean… | 无法进行统计量化也不意味着 |
[28:14] | Hey, you know what? | 喂 话说到这儿 |
[28:15] | How dare all of you?! How dare any of you! | 你们凭什么 到底谁有权这样 |
[28:18] | Do you really mean to suggest that we have all the answers? | 你们真的想说我们已无所不知了吗 |
[28:22] | I mean, look at this country… | 看看这个国家吧 |
[28:23] | The United States of America may be | 美利坚合众国也许是 |
[28:25] | the unhealthiest nation on the industrialized planet. | 这个工业化星球上最不健康的国家 |
[28:28] | A third of all our people are obese. | 我国有三分之一的人有肥胖问题 |
[28:30] | 10% of our population suffer from diabetes. | 10%的人口患有糖尿病 |
[28:32] | We are 25th in prevening heart disease. | 我们在心脏病防控方面世界排名25位 |
[28:34] | We are 7th globally in cancer, 27th in life expectancy. | 癌症数量全球第七 预期寿命排名27 |
[28:39] | It can be said that our medicine here sucks. | 可以说我们的医疗行业烂到渣 |
[28:41] | It can safely be said that we do not have all the answers. | 可以肯定地说我们并非无所不知 |
[28:45] | So if this patient feels strongly about eating her kidney, | 所以如果这位患者强烈要求吃自己的肾脏 |
[28:48] | who the hell are we to say no? | 我们有什么理由拒绝 |
[28:56] | Comments? | 有何评论 |
[29:00] | Anyone else? | 有吗 |
[29:04] | Release the kidney, Buck, | 将肾脏发还吧 巴克 |
[29:05] | And tell your patient “Bon Appétit” | 跟你的患者说 祝她用餐愉快 |
[29:08] | Time for the Big Cat to join us now. | 到了虎爷上台的时候了 |
[29:20] | First of all, Gato, our sympathies for what have had to have | 首先 加多 我们对这几天发生的事情 |
[29:23] | been a rather enduring couple of days. | 表示深切的同情和慰问 |
[29:27] | Thankfully, Nick is going to be all right. | 万幸的是 尼克会痊愈 |
[29:30] | But the matter does occasion us to revisit | 但这件事让我们不得不重新审视 |
[29:34] | a rather time-honored policy here | 一条由来已久的行规 |
[29:37] | that doctors do not treat family members if it can be avoided, | 那就是医生尽量避免医治自己的家人 |
[29:41] | and that especially applies to our children. | 尤其是自己的孩子 |
[29:45] | Are you with me so far, Dr. Villanueva? | 你同意我说的吗 维兰纽瓦医生 |
[29:48] | No. The policy stinks. | 不 这条行规烂透了 |
[29:51] | The policy should be “Heal,” period. | 我们的行规应该是「治愈」 |
[29:55] | If I’m in a position to help my son heal, | 如果我有能力帮助治愈我儿子 |
[29:58] | the policy should be “Get the hell out of my way.” | 那么行规就应该是「少他妈挡老子的道」 |
[30:01] | So you feel you were the best doctor available | 你认为在这种要对你儿子实施急救的情况下 |
[30:03] | in this situation to render emergency care to your son? | 你是最适合的医生人选 对吗 |
[30:06] | – Yes, I do. – Excellent. | -没错 -很好 |
[30:08] | Should be as simple as that, then. | 就是如此简单 |
[30:11] | Any issues, anyone? | 有疑问吗 各位 |
[30:16] | Good. Well, it seems you’re off the hook, Dr. Villanueva. | 很好 看来你成功脱险了 维兰纽瓦医生 |
[30:19] | You may go. | 你可以下去了 |
[30:20] | A-actually, just out of curiosity, | 不过呢 纯属好奇 |
[30:22] | as you went about diagnosing your son’s medical situation, | 在你对你儿子的伤势进行诊断期间 |
[30:26] | what questions, if any, did you ask him? | 你曾问过他什么问题吗 |
[30:33] | Did you ask him anything, doctor? | 你有没有问过他问题 医生 |
[30:34] | I-I really don’t remember. | 我真的不记得了 |
[30:36] | Oh. It’s not like you not to remember. | 你可不像是那种忘事的人呢 |
[30:38] | You’re a bit of a steel trap in that regard. | 你在这方面可以说有点像捕兽夹呢 |
[30:40] | Were you having a bit of a day? Was the blood flowing? | 你今天有所斩获吗 有血液沸腾吗 |
[30:43] | Were you unusually excited, doctor? | 你是不是感觉异常兴奋呢 医生 |
[30:49] | Not hear the question? | 没听清我的问题吗 |
[30:51] | I was a little worked up. | 我当时有些激动 |
[30:53] | I happen to know what you asked your son. | 我听说你曾经问过你儿子 |
[30:56] | It was overheard by many. | 当时很多人都听到了 |
[30:57] | You said, “Nick, who did this to you?” | 你说「尼克 是谁干的」 |
[31:00] | Of what diagnostic value was that, tell me? | 这个问题有什么诊断价值吗 请问 |
[31:04] | I can quite understand a police officer | 如果是警官调查案件时这样说 |
[31:06] | making an inquiry to that effect, but a doctor? | 我表示非常理解 但医生会这样问吗 |
[31:09] | Who did it to him seems to me | 谁把他弄伤的 在我看来 |
[31:11] | to be of very little medical relevance. | 跟治疗的关系微乎其微 |
[31:14] | Perhaps more relevant is that the question | 也许对我来说更重要的是 |
[31:16] | suggests rage to me, doctor. | 这个问题意味着愤怒 医生 |
[31:20] | Rage, emotion. | 愤怒 情绪 |
[31:24] | Now, does rage, emotion, fear… | 那么愤怒 情绪 恐惧 |
[31:26] | Do those qualities improve your medical performance? | 这些情绪对你的医疗工作有促进作用吗 |
[31:29] | Does retribution now become part of your diagnostic DNA? | 难道现在报复也属于你诊断天赋的一部分吗 |
[31:34] | I suppose it’s tough to be objective about these things, | 我想要做到客观对待 着实比较困难 |
[31:37] | which is why we are lucky in that we have colleagues | 所以说我们很幸运 我们有同事 |
[31:40] | to offer perspective. | 可提供不同的审视立场 |
[31:43] | Now, take here, for example. | 举个例子吧 |
[31:45] | You had one of the best colleagues, Dr. Sydney Napur. | 你有位最棒的同事 茜妮·纳普尔医生 |
[31:48] | In addition to having splendid hands, | 她那一双手技艺非凡 |
[31:49] | In addition to being one of the best | 同时她还是太平洋西北岸 |
[31:51] | cardiothoracic surgeons in the Pacific Northwest, | 最优秀的心胸外科医生之一 |
[31:54] | She brought perspective into the operating room. | 她带着自己的立场走进手术室 |
[31:56] | And you sought to make that perspective and all that skill | 而你却将她的立场 还有她的精湛技术 |
[32:00] | take a backseat to your emotion. | 都置于你的情绪之后 |
[32:04] | Well done, Dr. Villanueva. | 真棒啊 维兰纽瓦医生 |
[32:05] | That was splendid doctoring indeed. | 这救治工作做的 真厉害啊 |
[32:08] | You having fun? | 调戏得开心吗 |
[32:10] | You done? | 完事儿了吗 |
[32:11] | No, I’m not done, | 没完事儿 |
[32:14] | and I’m not having fun. | 我也不开心 |
[32:17] | This was a very dangerous situation because, | 这种情况极为危险 因为 |
[32:19] | first, your son sustained life-threatening injuries. | 首先 当时你的儿子身负致命重伤 |
[32:22] | Second, because you are a legendary trauma surgeon, | 其次 因为你是堪比传奇的创伤科医生 |
[32:25] | You are a man of imposing mental intensity, | 你原本是铁骨铮铮 内心强大的真汉子 |
[32:28] | not to mention physical girth. | 更不用提你那魁梧的身材 |
[32:30] | It would be very easy for a doctor to feel intimidated by you. | 医生们看到你极容易心生畏惧 |
[32:34] | Your son might very well be alive today | 你的儿子能够活到今天 |
[32:36] | because he had in his doctor, Dr. Sydney Napur, | 是因为他的医生 茜妮·纳普尔医生 |
[32:39] | The one person who doesn’t put up | 这位医生她没有容忍 |
[32:40] | with your particular brand of bullshit. | 您特有的胡搅蛮缠 |
[32:48] | Look, I agree with you, Gato. | 我同意你的看法 加多 |
[32:51] | The best policy might well be “Heal.” | 最好的行规也许是「治愈」 |
[32:54] | Let’s go with that, then. | 那就让我们坚持下去 |
[32:55] | Let’s make sure that every patient has the | 让我们确保每一位患者都拥有 |
[32:57] | best possible chance to heal. | 最佳的治愈机会 |
[33:00] | And more often than not, | 还有 |
[33:01] | that policy is best served by doctors | 要想这条行规得到最佳的贯彻 |
[33:04] | who are not mentally or emotionally compromised. | 需要医生自身的心理或情绪不会受影响 |
[33:17] | Now I’m done. | 现在我说完了 |
[33:43] | Now, tumor exposed. | 肿瘤暴露出来了 |
[33:44] | Well-defined in planum temporale. | 在颞平面上 界限清晰 |
[33:47] | Make patient awake. | 让患者苏醒过来 |
[33:52] | Your turn at hem. | 你来负责「头鬼」 |
[33:54] | Helm. | 头盔 |
[34:05] | Chung Mai…rest over, hmm? | 钟·麦 休息结束了哦 |
[34:09] | Work now with me. | 该和我一起工作了 |
[34:12] | Wish I could watch all TV shows on goggles. | 希望我能看到护目镜下的所有录像 |
[34:16] | Did you drill yet? I didn’t hear anything. | 你钻孔了吗 我什么都没听到 |
[34:18] | That point of goggles. We are mid-operations. | 护目镜有记录 手术已进行了一半 |
[34:21] | I’ve got the speech boundaries set. | 我已将语言中枢界限划分好了 |
[34:23] | Let’s start with sound. | 先从听力开始吧 |
[34:39] | “C.” | C调 |
[34:50] | E-flat. | 降E |
[35:01] | I hear it. I-I can’t name it. | 我能听出来 说不出名字 |
[35:13] | – I still don’t have it. – Do better. | -还是想不起来 -再努力 |
[35:24] | That was pathetic, you big, bald bastard… | 真是太差劲了 你个秃驴大混蛋 |
[35:26] | – Pathetic. – Really? | -烂人 -真的吗 |
[35:28] | I thought I was rather easy on you, actually, Gato. | 我觉得我对你相当手下留情了 加多 |
[35:31] | After all, I didn’t even raise the notion | 毕竟我甚至都没提起 |
[35:32] | of you telling a cancer-free patient | 你告诉一位根本没癌症的患者 |
[35:34] | that he only had several weeks to live, | 说他只剩下几个星期的生命 |
[35:36] | Extracted a confession to be handed over to the police. | 以此迫其招供 并将供词交给了警察 |
[35:39] | Shall we discuss the various ethical | 我们何不讨论一下 |
[35:41] | and hospital-policy violations | 你这种「壮举」所违反的 |
[35:43] | that you committed with that little gem? | 多条伦理规范和医院规定 |
[35:51] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[35:53] | He’s getting better. | 他恢复得很不错 |
[35:56] | He’s got to get up, shake off some of the anesthesia. | 还得再活动活动 从麻醉中清醒一下 |
[36:08] | My son and I are going to take a little walk tonight. | 我和儿子准备今晚一起去散会儿步 |
[36:12] | And truth be told, | 说心里话 |
[36:15] | I’m really looking forward to it. | 我挺期待的 |
[36:19] | I haven’t always been the best dad. | 我并不是那种最好的爸爸 |
[36:21] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[36:26] | He wants to be an actor. | 他想当演员 |
[36:29] | Mm. Kids. | 孩子们哪 |
[36:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:33] | Kids. | 孩子们 |
[36:43] | “F.” | F调 |
[36:51] | – D-flat? – You’re asking me? | -降D -问我干什么 |
[36:55] | D-flat. | 降D |
[37:02] | – “C”? – Wrong. Guessing. | -C调 -错 瞎蒙 |
[37:11] | – “C.” – Right. | -是C -对了 |
[37:20] | G-sharp. | 升G |
[37:23] | I can hear it clearly. | 我听得很清楚 |
[37:24] | It was “G,” And it was sharp. | 是G 而且是升调 |
[37:55] | Psych called me. | 精神科给我打了电话 |
[37:58] | You are sane… | 你精神正常 |
[38:00] | Enough, anyway. | 总之够正常 |
[38:03] | It’s in there? | 这里面就是吗 |
[38:05] | It’s pulled from pathology. | 从病理科提出来的 |
[38:07] | We’ll keep it in our refrigerator | 我们会将其保管在医院冷藏室中 |
[38:09] | until you are discharged. | 直到你出院 |
[38:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:15] | I wish you could walk out of here holding your sister’s hand | 我本希望你能和妹妹一同携手从这里走出去 |
[38:17] | instead of, uh… | 而不是… |
[38:23] | Dr. Tierney… | 蒂尔尼医生 |
[38:27] | I know… you did all you could. | 我明白 你已经尽力了 |
[38:32] | I also know you extended great hope to my sister, | 我也明白你对我妹妹给予了很大的希望 |
[38:37] | that, when she died, | 在她死时 |
[38:40] | she did so with hope in her heart. | 她自己心里也充满了希望 |
[38:46] | She’s lucky | 她很幸运 |
[38:49] | in that she saw promise… | 因为她曾看到了希望 |
[38:52] | And opportunity… right till the end. | 看到了机会 直到生命最后一刻 |
[39:00] | You gave her that. | 这些都是你给她的 |
[39:06] | God bless. | 上帝保佑 |
[39:10] | God bless. | 上帝保佑 |
[39:42] | Buck, this is a surprise. | 巴克 稀客呀 |
[39:44] | I thought I’d celebrate. | 我觉得我该庆祝一下 |
[39:46] | Somebody said something nice to me today. | 今天有人夸我来着 |
[39:48] | You’re joking. | 开玩笑的吧 |
[39:52] | You’re drinking alone? Where’s your friend? | 一个人喝酒吗 你的老伙计呢 |
[39:54] | Not here… | 没来 |
[39:55] | Something about needing to go for a walk. | 有事去散步了 |
[39:58] | What can I get you? | 您要点什么 |
[40:00] | Uh, seltzer water, please. | 苏打水 谢谢 |
[40:02] | Oh, I say. Don’t knock yourself out. | 我说 可别喝醉了 |
[40:07] | It’s amazing lives we lead. | 我们过的生活真奇妙 |
[40:09] | I’m not sure I mean that in a good way. | 我不确定这算不算好的方面 |
[40:12] | It’s just amazing, I suppose. | 但我就是觉得很奇妙 |
[40:15] | A patient died on me. | 我的一个患者死了 |
[40:20] | She died. | 她死了 |
[40:22] | And now… | 现在 |
[40:24] | Now, here I am in a bar | 现在我能坐在酒吧里 |
[40:26] | Because somebody paid me a compliment. | 因为有个人向我表达了感激之情 |
[40:29] | Patients die every day, Buck. | 每天都有患者死去 巴克 |
[40:34] | Why don’t you make that a double? | 请给我们来两杯苏打好吗 |
[40:37] | You’re a good man. | 你是一个好人 |
[40:50] | 插曲:巴赫D小调双小提琴协奏曲 「BWV1043号」第二乐章 不太过分的缓板 |