时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | High-speed rollover, sucking chest wound. | 高速公路上翻车 伤者有严重胸外伤 |
[00:13] | No breath sounds right, lower lobe, | 右下肺呼吸音消失 |
[00:14] | occlusive dressing’s on, and BP’s holding. | 已用密闭性敷料包扎 稳住了血压 |
[00:16] | I need a chest tube, local anesthetic, and some hands. | 拿胸管给我 局部麻醉 来多点人手 |
[00:18] | Unidentified white female, passenger side, | 不明身份白人女性 坐在乘客位 |
[00:20] | ejected from the car. | 从车里飞了出去 |
[00:21] | – Dr. Robidaux. – I’m on it. | -罗比多医生 -来了 |
[00:22] | Unresponsive to pain. Bleeding from both nares. | 疼痛刺激无反应 双侧鼻孔出血 |
[00:26] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[00:27] | – Is she dead? – Sir? | -她死了吗 -先生 |
[00:29] | That’s my wife. Please don’t let her be dead. | 她是我妻子 求你们救救她 |
[00:31] | Look, sir, please don’t talk. Let me save you first. | 先生 请别说话 我先处理你的伤势 |
[00:33] | Pulse 100, BP 160, | 脉搏100 血压160 |
[00:34] | – breathing at 30 on her own. – Ellen! | -自主呼吸30次每分 -爱伦 |
[00:36] | – Shallow and rapid. – Let’s put him out. | -呼吸浅快 -开始麻醉 |
[00:37] | – One, two, three. – Let’s get a line in. | -一 二 三 -进行插管 |
[00:39] | O2 sat is 90, and she’s on full blast. | 血氧饱和90% 已经到极限了 |
[00:41] | She is not oxygenating enough. | 她供氧不足 |
[00:43] | – Check her mouth? – Twice. | -检查过口腔吗 -两次 |
[00:44] | She probably stopped breathing before they could. | 她可能在检查之前就停止呼吸了 |
[00:46] | The lungs are good. Get me a bag mask. | 肺没问题 给我个呼吸面罩 |
[00:47] | Suction is set up and ready to go. | 吸引器准备好了 |
[00:49] | Get respiratory. Have them get a ventilator ready. | 做呼吸检查 叫他们准备呼吸机 |
[00:51] | I think they were tied up in room 3 with the… | 他们都在3室里忙着… |
[00:54] | – She’s up to 98%, but… – All right. Let’s intubate her. | -升到98%了 但 -好 给她插管 |
[00:56] | Are you sure the lungs haven’t collapsed? | 你确定她的肺没问题吗 |
[00:57] | Yes, give me a MAC-3. | 确定 给我一根M3喉镜 |
[00:58] | We need blood gasses and labs. | 我们要血气指标和化验报告 |
[01:00] | Who’s got the I-STAT? | 血气分析仪在哪儿 |
[01:03] | I need suction. I can’t see anything. | 要做吸引 我什么都看不到 |
[01:04] | Once I get the tube in, I can help. | 等我把管插进去就能帮上忙了 |
[01:06] | She’s at sinus tach. Sat’s down to 70%. | 窦速 血氧饱和降至70% |
[01:08] | – What? – I’m just the messenger. | -什么 -我只负责报告数据 |
[01:09] | Get in there. | 进去 |
[01:10] | She might need amiodarone or vasopressin. | 可能要用胺碘酮或者加压素 |
[01:12] | Be sure it’s right. 65%. Lips are cyanotic. | 做好准备 65% 嘴唇发绀 |
[01:15] | Okay, let’s get her O2 sat back up, | 先把血氧饱和度弄上去 |
[01:16] | then we’ll try again. We’ve got to get her tubed. | 然后再试 我们得把管插进去 |
[01:18] | 23-year-old male found seizing in the street… tonic-clonic. | 从街边找到的23岁男子 强直阵挛发作 |
[01:20] | Call somebody from neuro. Robidaux, talk to me. | 通知神经科医生 罗比多 报告进度 |
[01:23] | I’m having a little trouble intubating. | 插管有点困难 |
[01:24] | Get somebody from anesthesia. | 找麻醉师来 |
[01:26] | – Is she conscious? – No. | -她有意识吗 -没有 |
[01:27] | Keep bagging her. Put some fluids in her. | 继续用呼吸气囊帮她通气 给她补液 |
[01:29] | You might have to trach her. | 你可能要做气管切开 |
[01:31] | Will you get me a trach? | 麻烦给我给我气管切开包 |
[01:32] | I can’t feel her lungs. | 我感觉不到呼吸运动 |
[01:33] | Her numbers aren’t improving. | 指标没有好转迹象 |
[01:34] | Okay. I’m gonna give it another try. | 好吧 我再试一次 |
[01:36] | She doesn’t have any pedal pulses. | 足背动脉无搏动 |
[01:38] | She’s not perfusing. | 她已经失灌注了 |
[01:39] | Damn it! Trach kit, and I need more light. | 该死 拿气管切开包 灯光再亮些 |
[01:42] | – She’s not getting air. – I can see that. | -空气供不进去 -我知道 |
[01:45] | Suction. More suction. I can’t see anything. | 吸引 再吸 我什么都看不见 |
[01:49] | What the hell? I’m getting resistance. | 搞什么 怎么插不动 |
[01:52] | Okay, let’s trach her. | 好了 切开气管 |
[01:54] | Scalpel, and I need more light. | 手术刀 灯还要再亮一点 |
[01:56] | – I can’t find her cartilage. – The bony little… | -找不到甲状软骨 -很小的骨性突起 |
[01:58] | I know what it is. I can’t find it through the fat. | 我知道 只是脂肪太厚我找不到 |
[02:00] | You’re losing time. You got to get in there. | 你在浪费时间 快点插管 |
[02:04] | – Vein. – Pressure. | -静脉 -压住 |
[02:06] | I got it. I got it. Stevens. Hold that. | 好了好了 斯蒂文斯 拿着 |
[02:09] | Suction, suction, suction, suction. | 吸引 吸引 吸引 吸引 |
[02:12] | She’s been more than three minutes without… | 她已经超过三分钟没有 |
[02:13] | I can count. | 我会计时 |
[02:15] | Heart rate’s dropping… 47 and having some PVCs. | 心率下降到47 室性早搏 |
[02:17] | – O2 sat’s 60. – I am aware. | -血氧饱和60% -知道了 |
[02:19] | Okay, I can see the thyroid cartilage. | 我看到环甲软骨了 |
[02:22] | I am going blind here with all this blood. | 真是血流成河 什么也看不清 |
[02:23] | Push until you feel the cricothyroid. | 持续挤压直到感觉到环甲软骨 |
[02:25] | – I got it. – Hard, rigid? | -明白 -很僵硬吗 |
[02:26] | – Yep. – I’ve got the defib standing by in case. | -是 -除颤器准备好 以防万一 |
[02:29] | I’m in. I’m in. Tube. | 进去了 管子 |
[02:32] | Oh, damn it. It’s blocked. | 见鬼 被堵住了 |
[02:33] | No, that can’t be. Twist the damn thing. | 不可能 拧一下管子往里插 |
[02:37] | Now I am in! Ambu bag. | 这下好了 呼吸气囊 |
[02:39] | Turn the oxygen up to 100%. | 给她吸纯氧 |
[02:45] | My God. That was close. | 天啊 真够悬的 |
[02:48] | Air’s escaping. | 漏气了 |
[02:50] | Her lungs still aren’t expanding. | 她的肺部仍然没有扩张 |
[02:51] | – Still no breath sound. – Out of my way. | -没有呼吸音 -让开 |
[02:53] | Gloves. What a mess. | 手套 一塌糊涂 |
[02:55] | I’m not sure you were in the right spot. | 我觉得你插错位置了 |
[02:56] | Get me more tubing. I can’t suction that. | 多拿些插管 我吸不了 |
[02:58] | I need more hands. | 多点人手 |
[02:59] | Bradycardia rate of 20. BP 40, systolic. | 心跳20次 心动过缓 收缩压40 |
[03:03] | Should I try IV? | 静脉注射试试 |
[03:05] | She needs oxygen. | 她需要氧气 |
[03:19] | She’s gonna arrest. O2 sat is falling more. | 她要不行了 血氧饱和还在下降 |
[03:21] | – We need to oxygenate. – She’s not moving any air. | -我们要给她供氧 -她没在换气 |
[03:22] | – She’s crashing. – Asystole! | -她快不行了 -心脏停搏 |
[03:26] | We’re gonna need to shock her. | 我们要用电击 |
[03:27] | I’m gonna go back in from above. | 我再从上面插一次管 |
[03:29] | – Should we try epi? – She won’t respond if she’s not oxygenated. | -要用肾上腺素吗 -缺氧情况下没用 |
[03:36] | We lost her. | 救不了了 |
[03:38] | No, come on. Come on. | 别 撑住 撑住 |
[03:40] | She’s gone. | 她已经死了 |
[03:43] | Mark the time. | 记录死亡时间 |
[03:52] | I’m in! I’m in! | 进去了 |
[03:57] | What the…? | 搞什么 |
[03:58] | Pediatric tube… | 儿科插管 |
[04:00] | Got in through the vocal cords. | 通过声带进入 |
[04:05] | I’ll be damned. | 真是要命 |
[04:07] | Remind me to give you a big hug later. | 待会记得提醒我给你个大大的拥抱 |
[04:20] | An MRI? To diagnose some facial pain? | 磁共振 诊断面部疼痛 |
[04:22] | My sense is it could be trigeminal neuralgia, | 我觉得可能是三叉神经痛 |
[04:25] | or there could be something applying pressure on the nerve itself. | 或者是其它的东西压住了神经 |
[04:28] | But an MRI Could give us the answer. | 做磁共振能得到答案 |
[04:30] | Ahh, Harding Hooten. | 哈丁·胡顿 |
[04:33] | Oh, no. Does this mean I’m really sick? | 惨了 我是病入膏肓了吗 |
[04:35] | Oh, well, you certainly don’t look it. | 你这气色当然不会了 |
[04:36] | Uh, you two know each other? | 你们认识吗 |
[04:38] | – May I reveal? – You may go for it. | -能说吗 -可以 |
[04:40] | She’s a perfectly horrible judge. | 她是个十分糟糕的法官 |
[04:43] | I once appeared in front of a judiciary panel | 有一次我作为支持方 |
[04:45] | as a proponent of physician-assisted suicide, | 参加医助自杀的司法小组研讨 |
[04:47] | and judge Beverly Natheson revealed | 贝弗莉·纳西森法官当时对 |
[04:49] | an affinity for rectal reconstruction. | 肛门直肠重建术特别感兴趣 |
[04:52] | I tore him a new one. | 后来我用别的论据把他打败了 |
[04:54] | You’ll be happy to know I’m now for that law. | 现在我倒要用到那条法令了 开心吧 |
[04:56] | Really? What happened, pray tell? | 真的吗 发生什么事了 |
[04:59] | Parkinson’s… to my mom. | 帕金森综合征 给我妈妈做 |
[05:04] | This gentleman wants to subject me to deadly radiation. | 这位先生想让我接受致命辐射的洗礼 |
[05:07] | Will you please just reassure me | 你能不能向我保证 |
[05:08] | that this is not occasioned by your long-standing grudge? | 这不是因为你积怨已久在报复我 |
[05:11] | If I bore a grudge, I’d recommend a root canal. | 若我真想报复 我会建议你做根管治疗 |
[05:14] | – What’s the problem? – Trigeminal neuralgia. | -哪里有问题 -三叉神经痛 |
[05:19] | I’m a good listener. | 我听别人讲话特别认真 |
[05:22] | Mr. Wells? | 威尔斯先生 |
[05:23] | Can you hear me, Mr. Wells? | 能听到吗 威尔斯先生 |
[05:26] | Can you hear? | 能听到吗 |
[05:28] | Where am I? | 这是哪里 |
[05:30] | Hospital. Convulsion in street. | 医院 在街上惊厥 |
[05:33] | – I’m in a hospital? – Yes, | -我在医院 -对 |
[05:34] | place they bring when have seizure. | 病发时送来的 |
[05:37] | Grand mal… you have before? | 癫痫大发作 以前发作过吗 |
[05:40] | Um…yeah. | 发作过 |
[05:41] | Is, uh… is my mother here? | 我母亲在吗 |
[05:44] | Not now. | 现在不在 |
[05:45] | Well, if she shows up, don’t tell her where I am. | 等她来了 别告诉她我在哪里 |
[05:48] | Hey. I got paged, but I see you… | 有人呼我 但我看到你… |
[05:52] | Dr. Ridgeway, neurosurgeon. I’m Dr. Sung Park. | 里奇韦医生 神经外科 我是朴成医生 |
[05:59] | What’s, uh… | 这是… |
[06:01] | Why… | 为什么… |
[06:03] | I’m a writer. I had no paper. | 我是作家 我没纸可写 |
[06:17] | You’re certainly looking better. | 你看上去好多了 |
[06:19] | Well, thanks to you, I’m told. | 多亏了你 我听说了 |
[06:21] | Are y-you the one that saved my life? | 是你救了我的命 对吗 |
[06:23] | Oh, there were a lot of people in on that. | 是很多人一起抢救的你 |
[06:24] | Well, they told us it was the pretty brunette. | 他们说是位褐发美女救的 |
[06:28] | This is my husband, George… | 这位是我先生乔治 |
[06:30] | married 22 years tomorrow. | 明天就满结婚22周年了 |
[06:32] | We were on our way to the Wine Country | 我们准备赶往葡萄酒庄庆祝 |
[06:34] | when he rolled the car over. | 然后他翻车了 |
[06:36] | We don’t know how to thank you. | 救命之恩 无以言表 |
[06:37] | For a while, you both had us a little scared. | 两位真有那么一刻让我们都捏了把汗 |
[06:40] | I know. I heard that you couldn’t find that cartilage | 我知道 我听到因为我脖子太胖 |
[06:44] | or bone or something because my neck was too fat. | 所以你找不到那根软骨还是骨头什么的 |
[06:47] | I’m taking it like an omen to lose weight. | 那一刻让我顿悟 我是应该减肥了 |
[06:50] | so you not only saved my life, you maybe extended it. | 所以你不仅是救命恩人 还让我更加长寿 |
[06:55] | You’re my guardian angel. That’s what you are. | 你是我的守护天使 真的 |
[07:05] | He said you had him locked up like a prisoner. | 他说你当他罪犯一样锁着他 |
[07:07] | Not like a prisoner… like a mental patient, | 不是当他罪犯 是精神病人 |
[07:10] | which is what he is. | 他本来就是精神病 |
[07:12] | I mean, look at him for God’s sake. | 拜托你好好看看他 |
[07:13] | He was covered with… | 他浑身上下… |
[07:14] | Has he ever been seen by a doctor, by a psychiatrist? | 他看过医生吗 精神病医生 |
[07:18] | He’s been seen by 10. | 他看过不下十位 |
[07:19] | They ruled out bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. | 他们排除了双相型障碍和精神分裂症 |
[07:22] | When did this obsession begin? | 这种强迫症何时开始的 |
[07:25] | Senior year in high school. | 高中最后一年 |
[07:27] | He started writing stories, then blogging. | 他开始写小说 然后写博客 |
[07:30] | He’s a good writer, by the way. | 顺便说 他是位好作家 |
[07:33] | Content is not his problem. | 写文不成问题 |
[07:36] | Uh, novellas, short stories, poems… | 他写中篇小说 短篇小说 诗歌等等 |
[07:38] | But every other aspect of his life became dysfunctional. | 但是生活方面完全不能自理 |
[07:42] | He had to leave college because he couldn’t even attempt, | 到大学他不得不退学 甚至连尝试都不行 |
[07:45] | much less satisfy, his distribution requirements. | 更不要说达到必修课要求 |
[07:47] | He can’t hold a job. | 他什么工作都无法胜任 |
[07:48] | So, I took away his computer, then I took away his paper. | 所以我收走了他的电脑 又没收了他的纸 |
[07:51] | I thought I had taken away all of the pens, | 我以为我把笔也收干净了呢 |
[07:55] | but clearly I didn’t. | 显然并没有 |
[07:58] | So you kept him locked in his room. | 所以你就把他锁在他房间中 |
[08:00] | Since Saturday…yes. | 从周六开始 没错 |
[08:04] | I thought if maybe I could pull off some kind of | 我原以为或许我能进行某种 |
[08:08] | half-assed intervention… | 不称职的干预 |
[08:10] | But he broke out last night, ran away… naked… | 但他昨晚突然爆发 裸奔出去 |
[08:15] | Had a seizure, and here we are. | 在街上发了病 就是这样了 |
[08:18] | I want to show you something. | 给你们看样东西 |
[08:22] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[08:23] | This is the only paper that he had access to. | 这是他能利用的唯一纸张 |
[08:27] | There’s two more rolls just like that. | 家里还有两卷这样的 |
[08:31] | Then he went to the walls, and then… | 后来他就往墙上写 然后… |
[08:36] | …he went to his own body. | 就写在自己身上了 |
[08:43] | Bingo. Right on the trigeminal nerve. | 没错 就在三叉神经上 |
[08:45] | Probably schwannoma. | 可能是神经鞘瘤 |
[08:46] | – In any event, it’s got to come out. – Looks simple enough. | -无论如何 必须手术 -问题不大 |
[08:49] | Well, to add to the excitement, if you want some pressure, | 需要压力的话 我来增加点刺激 |
[08:52] | should you Google this woman, you’ll find her name | 去网上搜她的名字 你会发现 |
[08:54] | on a list of potential supreme court nominees. | 她是最高法院大法官提名人选 |
[08:58] | Really? | 真的 |
[09:00] | This is some judge, and that is some brain. | 了不起的法官 头脑极为出众 |
[09:04] | – A mass. – It appears to be a tumor, | -肿块 -看着像肿瘤 |
[09:06] | and that’s what’s applying the pressure that’s causing your pain. | 正是它的压迫 造成了你的头痛 |
[09:09] | – Is it cancerous? – Hopefully not. | -是脑癌吗 -希望不是 |
[09:11] | We can’t confirm whether it is or it isn’t | 目前无法确定是不是癌 |
[09:13] | until we get access and we take a biopsy. | 除非手术取出做病理切片检查 |
[09:15] | At this stage, it doesn’t appear to be, | 现阶段看起来好像不是 |
[09:17] | but we need to operate. | 但必须手术 |
[09:19] | How long will the recovery take? | 痊愈需要多久 |
[09:21] | – I mean, I’ve… – We know, judge… places to go. | -我是说 -我们知道 法官公务繁忙 |
[09:24] | Four to six weeks, depending on how you’re feeling. | 四到六周 得看你感觉如何 |
[09:27] | And the recovery would be complete. | 会彻底痊愈吗 |
[09:29] | Meaning will you be able to resume | 你是说能否继续 |
[09:31] | your proctology career on the Bench? | 直肠疾病相伴左右的法官生涯对吗 |
[09:33] | We believe so. | 我们相信是的 |
[09:34] | Plus you’ll be in excellent hands… his. | 另外你的这位医生是医界圣手 |
[09:39] | And I’ll be right there beside him. | 我会在一旁协助手术 |
[09:49] | Have a seat. | 坐 |
[09:57] | First of all, congratulations. | 首先 恭喜你 |
[10:01] | Here you go. | 给 |
[10:02] | I’m still on duty. | 我还在值班 |
[10:03] | No, you’re not. As of now, you’re off-duty. | 不 从现在开始 你下班了 |
[10:06] | I-I haven’t hit my 24-hour max yet. | 我还没值完24小时呢 |
[10:08] | You saved a woman’s life. | 你救了那位女士的命 |
[10:10] | The high you must be going on… you’re off-duty. | 你现在一定很兴奋 你可以下班了 |
[10:14] | – You meditate? – No. | -你冥想过吗 -没 |
[10:16] | Okay, well, I’m gonna give you a little crash course. | 很好 我来给你上一节速成课 |
[10:18] | I want you to take a healthy swig, | 先饮一小口啤酒 |
[10:21] | but don’t swallow. | 别咽下去 |
[10:22] | Just hold the beer in your mouth. | 就这么在嘴里含着 |
[10:24] | Do it. | 照做 |
[10:25] | – I really… – Do it. | -我真的…-照做 |
[10:33] | Now close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[10:37] | Now, I want you to imagine | 现在 开始想象 |
[10:39] | that the beer is life itself. | 这口啤酒就是生命本身 |
[10:42] | When I tell you to swallow, I want you to feel it | 等我让你咽下去 你要感觉着它 |
[10:45] | going down your throat, then into your blood, | 顺喉而下 流入你的血液 |
[10:49] | your extremities. | 浸润你的四肢 |
[10:51] | I want you to feel life itself flowing right through you. | 要感觉生命 在你四肢百骸游走 |
[10:55] | Experience the sensations transporting energy | 体验生命将能量传送到每条血管 |
[10:59] | into every vein and organ. | 每个器官的感觉 |
[11:04] | Now count to three, then do it. | 现在数到三 咽下去 |
[11:17] | I like that. | 感觉不错 |
[11:19] | It works… meditation. You should do it. | 冥想很管用 你可以经常做一做 |
[11:24] | Now, for my money, you saved the day, | 依我看 你今天真是帮了大忙了 |
[11:28] | but the stressors were working a little too hard. | 但下次不能再这么紧张了 |
[11:31] | Panic and judgment aren’t good bedmates. | 惊慌失措会影响你的判断力 |
[11:33] | Next time, you need to be breathing yourself some. | 下次 记得先找到自己的呼吸 |
[11:36] | It’s not just about giving air to the patient. | 别尽想着给患者鼓气 |
[11:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:39] | The ER has a certain order and calm to it… | 急诊室需要保持从容有序 |
[11:43] | It has to… | 这是必须的 |
[11:45] | And first and foremost, it starts with the doctor. | 而这首先 就要求医生先做到从容应对 |
[11:48] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[11:51] | And last, but not least, I owe you a hug. | 最后很重要的一件事 我欠你个拥抱 |
[12:08] | I know what I have, OK? | 我知道我的病 |
[12:11] | It’s called hypergraphia… the opposite of writer’s block. | 这叫多写症 写作障碍的另一个极端 |
[12:14] | – He’s very smart. – But not demented. | -他很聪明 -但没有精神错乱 |
[12:17] | Demented would be locking somebody in a room | 精神错乱是指把人锁在房间里 |
[12:19] | and boarding the windows. | 并且钉死窗子 |
[12:20] | Oh, for God’s sake, you were writing on your toilet paper. | 上帝啊 你都在厕纸上写东西了 |
[12:22] | Let me save you some time. Hypergraphia… | 我把话说得再明白点 多写症 |
[12:25] | the compulsion to write… | 想要写东西的强烈冲动 |
[12:26] | Usually associated with temporal-lobe epilepsy, | 通常伴有颞叶癫痫 |
[12:29] | which is likely what I have, | 就像我这样 |
[12:30] | since once in a blue moon, I throw a seizure, | 偶尔会发一次癫痫 |
[12:33] | usually brought on by little annoyances of life, | 通常因生活中的小烦恼所引发 |
[12:36] | like being falsely imprisoned by your own mother. | 比如被亲生母亲非法监禁 |
[12:39] | I have tried meds. | 我服用过药物 |
[12:40] | They make me not want to write at all, | 它们让我变得完全不想写东西 |
[12:42] | which is unacceptable. | 这是我无法接受的 |
[12:44] | I am a writer. It is what I do. | 我是个作家 这是我的事业 |
[12:45] | If I cannot write, I am dead. | 如果不能写作 我不如去死 |
[12:49] | Now can I go? | 现在我能走了吗 |
[12:51] | Want to test. | 要做检查 |
[12:52] | Forget the test! | 去他的检查 |
[12:53] | – Derrick. – Don’t handle me! | -德里克 -别握我的手 |
[12:55] | I’m not about to do that. | 我没想那么做 |
[12:56] | You’re already doing it with tone. | 我是指你说话的语气 |
[12:58] | Clearly, you have a master’s of bedside. | 显然 你很擅长临床关怀 |
[13:00] | You… not so much. | 你…不怎么样 |
[13:02] | I know what I have. | 我知道我的病 |
[13:04] | I’m messed up, but here’s a flash… | 我是很糟糕 但你们知道吗 |
[13:06] | the best writers are… | 伟大的作家都这样 |
[13:07] | Hemingway, Faulkner, Bill O’Reilly. | 海明威 福克纳 比尔·奥雷利 |
[13:10] | Want to test. | 要做检查 |
[13:11] | I do not consent. | 我不同意 |
[13:13] | No matter. Not competent. | 没用 没有决定能力 |
[13:17] | Schedule test. | 安排检查 |
[13:29] | Hello. My name is Fran Horowitz. | 你好 我是弗兰·霍洛维兹 |
[13:32] | I’m with, uh… I handle client services. | 我是…我负责病患服务 |
[13:36] | First off, congratulations to you both | 首先 祝贺你们二位 |
[13:39] | on your respective survivals. | 都脱离了生命危险 |
[13:40] | Doesn’t always happen here. | 这种事在这里可不常有 |
[13:43] | Little hospital humor. | 医院的小幽默 |
[13:45] | I have news. Channel 5 out of Portland | 我得到消息 波特兰电视五台 |
[13:48] | got wind of your story… your anniversary and all… | 听闻了你们的经历 结婚纪念日等等 |
[13:50] | And they’re asking if they could film a short segment. | 他们问能否来拍一部短片 |
[13:53] | On us? | 拍我们吗 |
[13:54] | It would be totally up to you, of course. | 当然 这完全取决于你们的意见 |
[13:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:00] | Yes, yes, yes, yes. We’ll do it. | 可以可以 我们拍 |
[14:02] | Maybe we could have a little anniversary party, | 也许我们可以办场纪念派对 |
[14:06] | and they could film it. | 他们可以一起拍下来 |
[14:07] | That would probably delight them. | 他们知道了会很高兴的 |
[14:11] | Hello. Fran Horowitz. | 你好 弗兰·霍洛维兹 |
[14:13] | They’d love to speak to you, as well. | 他们也想采访你 |
[14:15] | Oh, I don’t know. | 这就不必了吧 |
[14:16] | It would be great for the hospital. | 这对医院来说是很好的机会 |
[14:18] | Maximizing profile translates to better fundraising. | 扩大关注度 获得更多的筹款 |
[14:23] | Yes, uh, I’m kind of modest | 好吧 这种自卖自夸的事情 |
[14:25] | when it comes to horn-blowing. | 我可做不来 |
[14:27] | Oh, if I could be so bold… | 恕我直言 |
[14:29] | Um, people get fired here all the time, | 这里随时都有人被开除 |
[14:32] | though I certainly wouldn’t expect that to happen to you, | 当然我知道你肯定不会被开除的 |
[14:34] | but should it, | 但如有可能 |
[14:36] | it might be nice to bank | 你该从现在开始未雨绸缪 |
[14:37] | a little good publicity for a rainy day. | 让自己有个良好公共形象 |
[14:40] | It’s just a thought. | 个人意见而已 |
[14:50] | Pretty extensive white-matter changes. | 白质病变相当广泛 |
[14:53] | She’s only 59. | 她才59岁 |
[14:54] | Grasping forceps. | 抓钳 |
[14:58] | Okay. | 很好 |
[15:04] | That’s weird. | 很奇怪 |
[15:05] | It doesn’t look like a schwannoma. | 看起来不像神经鞘瘤 |
[15:07] | Not a meningioma or a glioma. | 也不像脑膜瘤或胶质瘤 |
[15:10] | Granuloma? | 肉芽肿吗 |
[15:11] | Could be. | 有可能 |
[15:12] | No sign of TB, though. | 没有结核性的病征 |
[15:14] | – Pathology’s got to run that. – Okay. | -送去做病理分析 -好的 |
[15:18] | Strange growth. Diffuse white-matter changes. | 增长怪异 弥漫性白质病变 |
[15:23] | That could be aging. | 可能是多年老化而成 |
[15:26] | Ty… did you run an RPR? | 泰 你做RPR检测了吗 |
[15:47] | Have tone, will travel. | 听这语气 又来谈心了 |
[15:49] | Finally got mom to go home. | 终于让我妈回家了 |
[15:51] | I guess I can’t ask the same of you. | 我想你们不会给我相同的待遇 |
[15:53] | Nope. | 不能 |
[15:55] | Can I read it when you’re done. | 你写好了能给我看看吗 |
[15:56] | Why not? It’s about surgeons. | 当然 这是写外科医生的 |
[15:59] | It’s called “When in doubt, cut it out.” | 题目叫「如有疑问 挥刀切之」 |
[16:02] | Catchy. | 朗朗上口 |
[16:06] | First, we don’t know if there is anything to cut out. | 首先 我们还不知道有没有东西要切掉 |
[16:09] | But we’d be crazy not to take a look. | 但若连查都不查 我们会疯的 |
[16:12] | Crazy works for me. | 我就乐意发疯 |
[16:15] | Derrick… | 德里克 |
[16:16] | I’ve read “Madman and the Professor.” | 我看过「疯子和教授」 |
[16:18] | I loved it. | 我很喜欢 |
[16:19] | But the madman was not a happy camper. | 但疯子生活得并不幸福 |
[16:23] | What are you afraid of? | 你在害怕什么 |
[16:25] | – I told you. – You didn’t, actually. | -我说过了 -其实你没说过 |
[16:28] | Maybe you just wrote it down. | 可能你只是写过 |
[16:36] | Let’s say you find something, | 假如说你们真的发现了什么 |
[16:40] | you fix it… | 你们将它治好 |
[16:42] | you change who I am… | 却改变了我 |
[16:45] | what I am. | 原本的我 |
[16:48] | If you have obsessions, fine. | 有强迫观念其实没关系 |
[16:52] | Many people do, including a lot of surgeons. | 很多人都有 包括很多医生也有 |
[16:55] | But if the obsession has you, that’s a problem. | 但如果被强迫行为控制 那就不对了 |
[17:08] | You’re not winning the battle here, Derrick. | 你这样的生活不会幸福的 德里克 |
[17:24] | How are you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[17:25] | You tell me. | 该你告诉我 |
[17:30] | Well, we’ve resected the mass, | 我们切除了肿块 |
[17:33] | and the good news is it wasn’t a tumor. | 好消息是 它不是肿瘤 |
[17:36] | Noncancerous. | 非癌性[良性] |
[17:38] | You’re going to be fine. | 你会好起来的 |
[17:41] | And yet that doesn’t quite ring of happily ever after. | 可感觉不像什么好消息 |
[17:48] | You have tertiary syphilis… | 你患有三期梅毒 |
[17:51] | Late stage. | 晚期 |
[17:53] | You probably contracted it many moons ago… | 很可能你多年前就感染了 |
[17:55] | 30, 40 years. | 三四十年前吧 |
[17:58] | What? | 什么 |
[18:02] | How can that be? | 怎么会这样 |
[18:03] | Well, you were probably asymptomatic, | 你可能是无症状梅毒 |
[18:05] | experiencing only internal lesions. | 只有体内发生病变 |
[18:08] | It went undiagnosed. | 所以无法确诊 |
[18:11] | Am I contagious? | 我会传染吗 |
[18:13] | No. No, you haven’t been for a very long time. | 不会 很久之前你就没有传染性了 |
[18:22] | I was only with my husband. | 我只跟我丈夫发生过关系 |
[18:23] | Well, he probably contracted it before or during the marriage. | 那他可能是在之前或婚后感染的 |
[18:27] | And since you didn’t have any children, | 而且由于你没有孩子 |
[18:29] | it’s possible it went undetected. | 导致长期未被检测出 |
[18:33] | So, what’s the prognosis? | 那么 预后情况如何 |
[18:37] | Typically, it’s accompanied by some brain damage, | 通常 这种病都会伴随脑损伤 |
[18:40] | but we fully resected the mass, | 但我们已经把肿块完全切除了 |
[18:42] | and since we’ve started you on the penicillin, | 并开始给你注射青霉素 |
[18:45] | we’re confident that we’ve stopped any further progression. | 我们很肯定已阻止了病情进一步恶化 |
[18:48] | Now, have you noticed any decline | 你有注意到你的头脑敏锐度 |
[18:50] | either in acuity or ability to concentrate? | 或注意力有衰退吗 |
[18:54] | Who hasn’t at my age? | 我这把年纪的人谁不是呢 |
[18:57] | So, what are you telling me here? | 所以你是想说… |
[18:59] | The damage that’s been done… | 损伤已经形成 |
[19:01] | It could go on, it could progress? | 可能会继续 也可能恶化 |
[19:03] | No, we’ve caught it now. | 不 我们已经控制住了 |
[19:04] | I’m confident not. | 我确定不会恶化 |
[19:07] | But can I give you a guarantee? | 至于我能不能给你保证… |
[19:13] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[19:17] | I was monogamous with my husband for 27 years. | 27年来 我对我丈夫忠贞不二 |
[19:23] | And before that? | 在那之前呢 |
[19:25] | Before that, I was young. | 在那之前 我年少轻狂 |
[19:42] | Okay, let’s get right to the first activity, shall we? | 咱们直接开始第一项议程 好吗 |
[19:45] | Dr. Robidaux, please, would you join us | 罗比多医生 敬请上台 |
[19:47] | as our celebrated guest of honor? | 接受大家由衷地祝贺 |
[19:55] | Adulation well earned, I have to say. | 说实在的 这是你应得的赞扬 |
[19:58] | News has traveled fast | 病患起死回生 |
[19:59] | regarding your life-saving heroics… | 你的神勇壮举一时间人人皆知 |
[20:02] | Threading a pediatric tube | 你将儿科插管 |
[20:04] | through a gasping patient’s vocal cord. | 插入一位呼吸困难患者的声带中 |
[20:06] | Talk us through the excitement, doctor, would you? | 跟我们讲讲这件令人兴奋的事吧 医生 |
[20:08] | Uh, Ellen Coolidge… the 42-year-old female | 爱伦·库立奇 42岁女性 |
[20:12] | brought in unconscious following a vehicular rollover. | 遭遇翻车后送入本院 不省人事 |
[20:15] | She was unresponsive to pain. Her pulse was 100 and dropping. | 疼痛刺激无反应 脉搏100并持续下降 |
[20:19] | Her O2 sat was 90 on 100%. | 血氧饱和度降至90% |
[20:22] | A decision was made to intubate her | 我们确定她的肺部正常后 |
[20:23] | after we ascertained that her lungs were okay. | 当即决定进行插管 |
[20:25] | And how did that intubation go? | 插管进行得如何呢 |
[20:27] | Terribly at first. | 刚开始很不理想 |
[20:28] | I couldn’t visualize her cords, | 我看不清她的声带 |
[20:30] | and due to her girth, the tube wouldn’t pass. | 由于脖子太粗 插管也进不去 |
[20:32] | She started turning cyanotic, | 她开始出现紫绀 |
[20:33] | so I decided to bag her to get her O2 sat back up. | 我决定用呼吸气囊提高她的血氧饱和度 |
[20:37] | A decision was then made to perform an emergency tracheostomy. | 后来我们决定实施紧急气管切开术 |
[20:40] | That decision was made by you? | 是你决定的吗 |
[20:42] | – Dr. Villanueva, actually. – Was he there? | -其实是维兰纽瓦医生 -他也在场 |
[20:45] | He was treating the husband nearby. | 他在旁边救治病患的丈夫 |
[20:48] | Continue, please. | 请继续 |
[20:49] | Uh, I proceeded to do the trach, | 于是我开始做切开术 |
[20:51] | only I couldn’t locate her cartilage, | 但我找不到她的环甲软骨 |
[20:53] | – again, due to her weight. – And for how long | -依然是因为她体重过沉 -那么这次 |
[20:55] | had the patient been without oxygen by this time? | 患者缺氧持续了多长时间 |
[20:58] | Almost three minutes. | 将近三分钟 |
[20:59] | Three minutes? My, my. | 三分钟 天哪 |
[21:01] | At four minutes, she would have suffered permanent brain damage. | 达到四分钟 就会对她造成永久性脑损伤 |
[21:04] | Sounds like it was getting a little hairy. | 听起来有点惊险呢 |
[21:07] | Go on. | 继续 |
[21:08] | I made a left-to-right swipe. | 我做了一个横切口 |
[21:11] | – I hit a vein. Blood started… – You hit a vein? | -切到静脉 血液开始 -你切到了静脉 |
[21:12] | which we pinched off pretty quickly. | 我们马上就夹止了 |
[21:15] | Uh, finally, I located her cricothyroid | 最后终于找到了她的软骨 |
[21:17] | – and got in, and we then tubed her… – Splendid. | -切开后对其进行了插管 -太棒了 |
[21:20] | …only it was blocked. | 但气管还是阻塞着 |
[21:21] | Dr. Villanueva then came over to assist. | 维兰纽瓦医生过来帮忙 |
[21:23] | She went into asystole. | 患者当时心搏停止 |
[21:25] | He started performing chest compressions. | 他开始进行胸外心脏按压 |
[21:27] | Finally, I got the pediatric tube in, | 最后 我将儿科插管插了进去 |
[21:29] | and she normalized, thank God. | 她终于呼吸正常 谢天谢地 |
[21:32] | – That was a close call. – Very close. | -真是九死一生啊 -非常惊险 |
[21:34] | – And how’s the patient doing now? – She’s fine. | -那患者现在如何了 -她挺好的 |
[21:37] | She’s celebrating her 22nd wedding annivesary. | 正在庆祝她的22周年结婚纪念日 |
[21:40] | Yes, I bet she’s very grateful. | 是啊 我想她一定非常感激 |
[21:42] | She seems so, yes. | 好像是吧 |
[21:43] | Yes, I hear she refers to you as her guardian angel. | 我听说她把你当做她的守护天使 |
[21:47] | That must be a warm feeling… | 这一定让人感觉心里暖暖的吧 |
[21:48] | Performing a life-saving tracheostomy, | 实施了气管切开术 拯救濒死的生命 |
[21:50] | and they don’t always go that well. | 而且一般来说也不会很顺利 |
[21:53] | Trust me, I know from my own experience. | 相信我 我有经验我很了解 |
[21:55] | Tell me, doctor, from your experience, | 告诉我 医生 根据你的经验 |
[21:57] | do they usually go that well? | 通常这种手术好做吗 |
[21:58] | Uh, well, this was my first one. | 这是我第一次做 |
[22:01] | Your very first one, you say? | 你是说第一次做此类手术吗 |
[22:02] | Uh, I’ve assisted on some… | 我曾协助过几次 |
[22:04] | In emergency situations? | 在紧急抢救过程中吗 |
[22:06] | No, never in an emergency, before now. | 没有 抢救时没做过 直到今天 |
[22:09] | Your very first emergency tracheostomy, | 你的第一次紧急抢救气管切开术 |
[22:11] | and things went well. | 完成得十分成功 |
[22:14] | Good for you. | 真为你高兴 |
[22:30] | Why did you make a left-to-right incision in her throat? | 你为什么要在她的喉部做横向切口 |
[22:35] | If you’d made a vertical incision, | 如果你当时做的是竖切 |
[22:37] | you might have missed hitting her blood vessel, no? | 就有可能避开她的血管了 对吧 |
[22:40] | Well, it’s a small mistake, I suppose. | 我想这算是个小失误吧 |
[22:42] | As you say, this was your very first emergency trach. | 正如你刚才所说 |
[22:42] | As you say, this was your very first emergency trach. | 这是你第一次做紧急抢救气管切开术 |
[22:45] | Well, then it’s possible that’s why | 这可能就是为什么 |
[22:46] | your cricothyroidectomy was unsuccessful | 你的环甲软骨切开术未能成功的原因 |
[22:49] | and possibly why you couldn’t find the cartilage, | 同时也导致你无法找到软骨 |
[22:51] | and why you were having trouble intubating, | 以至于进行插管时遇阻 |
[22:53] | which deprived the patient of air | 将患者置于缺氧状态下 |
[22:55] | for something like three minutes. | 长达三分钟之久 |
[22:58] | – Did you ask for help? – Everyone was preoccupied. | -你求助了吗 -当时大家都在忙 |
[23:01] | You didn’t even call for help? | 所以你根本没有求助 |
[23:03] | You couldn’t get the bloody tube in, | 你没办法插管 |
[23:05] | you nicked a vein, your patient was circling the drain, | 又切到了静脉 你的患者命悬一线 |
[23:08] | and you couldn’t even bother to ask for help. | 而你甚至都没想过寻求帮助 |
[23:10] | – I came over. – Yes, to her rescue. | -我过去了 -没错 去解救她 |
[23:13] | Are you coming to her rescue now, Gato? | 那么你现在也要来解救她吗 加多 |
[23:15] | By the time you arrived, | 等你赶过去的时候 |
[23:16] | the patient was in full cardiac arrest. | 患者的心搏已经完全停止了 |
[23:19] | You saved the day, Dr. Robidaux, | 你这次是化险为夷了 罗比多医生 |
[23:21] | but not before very nearly losing it. | 但在这之前你却差点一败涂地 |
[23:27] | Still, no matter. | 当然没什么大不了的 |
[23:28] | As you say, | 正如你所说 |
[23:30] | the patient is eating cake, ice cream, | 患者现在正享用着蛋糕和冰激凌 |
[23:33] | delightfully enjoying her satisfactory outcome. | 惬意愉快 对治疗结果十分满意 |
[23:36] | Perhaps she’s not even aware that because of | 也许她根本没意识到 |
[23:38] | her prolonged deprivation of oxygen, | 因为自己曾长时间缺氧 |
[23:40] | she might be just a wee bit less smart. | 可能会损失一点点智力 |
[23:44] | She’ll think nothing of struggling with | 她在做「纽约时报」周三的填字游戏时 |
[23:45] | Wednesday’s crossword in the New York Times, | 会苦苦思索却毫无所获 |
[23:47] | whereas before, she would have breezed through Thursday’s. | 而之前 她却能轻轻松松完成周四的填字 |
[23:50] | We tested her. Mentally, she’s fine. | 我们做过测试了 她的智力很正常 |
[23:52] | So she seems, and perhaps she is. | 似乎是 也许她真的很正常 |
[23:54] | Or she may have lost a tick. | 也许她的智力损伤了一点点 |
[23:58] | See, these are the minor mishaps that we never get called on. | 这就是所谓的绝不会惹上官司的轻微事故 |
[24:00] | Somebody dies, we get sued. | 有些病患的死亡会让我们遭受起诉 |
[24:02] | Leave a pair of forceps inside a patient, | 在病患体内落下一把镊子 |
[24:04] | cut off the wrong leg, puncture an aortic valve… | 截肢截错腿 刺破主动脉瓣 |
[24:08] | For those catastrophic gaffes, | 如果出现这些严重的事故 |
[24:11] | we are surely held accountable, | 我们百分百会被追究责任 |
[24:13] | but it’s these little errors that we make… | 但至于我们犯的这些小失误 |
[24:16] | The ones that are way more prevalent. | 这些失误变得越来越见怪不怪 |
[24:18] | We get away with those mistakes, don’t we? | 犯这些错误 我们是可以逍遥法外的不是吗 |
[24:22] | Nobody’s any the wiser. | 神不知鬼不觉 无人知晓 |
[24:23] | Sometimes they’re the dumber. | 有时那些人真的是笨蛋 |
[24:27] | Imagine, Ellen Coolidge is in her room eating cake, | 想象一下爱伦·库立奇正在病房里享用蛋糕 |
[24:31] | thanking her lucky stars with no idea | 为自己的幸运感激不已 一点都不晓得 |
[24:33] | that her guardian angel very nearly killed her. | 她的守护天使差点就杀死了她 |
[24:38] | Harding. It wasn’t her fault. | 哈丁 这不是她的错 |
[24:41] | No. | 对 |
[24:42] | It was mine, and it was yours. | 这是我的错 也是你们的错 |
[24:45] | This was not Chelsea General’s best work. | 这算不上是切尔西中心医院的最佳表现 |
[24:48] | A woman comes to our ER, | 一位女士被送进我院急诊科 |
[24:49] | we should at least be able to proffer a doctor | 我们理应至少保证提供一位 |
[24:51] | who is capable of performing a tracheostomy. | 有能力实施气管切开术的医生 |
[24:54] | Or failing that, | 如果做不到 |
[24:55] | one who is adept at intubating. | 那就提供一位插管技术娴熟的医生 |
[24:58] | Or failing that, | 如果这也做不到 |
[24:59] | one who can at least find the thyroid cartilage. | 也至少是一位能找到环甲软骨的医生 |
[25:01] | Or failing that, | 如果还做不到 |
[25:03] | one who might not improperly slit her throat. | 那么这个医生也不能错手切断她的喉咙 |
[25:07] | This was shoddy, shoddy work, | 这是一次无比差劲的抢救工作 |
[25:10] | and the fact that we got away with it | 即使我们不会被追究 |
[25:12] | doesn’t make it any less inexcusable. | 这件事依然是不可原谅的 |
[25:14] | You know, I have a niece, lovely girl… | 我有一个小侄女 特别可爱 |
[25:16] | She reminds me a little bit of you, Dr. Robidaux. | 她让我想到了你 罗比多医生 |
[25:19] | She was recently fired from | 她在丽嘉酒店做服务生 |
[25:20] | her waitressing job at the Ritz-Carlton. | 最近却被酒店炒了鱿鱼 |
[25:23] | She set a table incorrectly. | 她在布置餐桌时犯了错 |
[25:25] | The knife and the fork were in the wrong place or some such thing. | 好像是摆错了刀叉什么的 |
[25:27] | The Ritz-Carlton doesn’t even countenance mistakes like that. | 丽嘉酒店甚至连这种小错都毫不容忍 |
[25:31] | Count yourself lucky that you work in a hospital | 你真算走运了 幸好是在医院工作 |
[25:33] | – and that you’re a surgeon. – That’s enough. | -幸好你只是个外科医生 -够了 |
[25:36] | I am not a bad doctor, and you know it. | 我不是坏医生 您很清楚这一点 |
[25:40] | Indeed… but my role here isn’t simply | 没错 但我的职责并非只是 |
[25:43] | to prevent the bad doctors from killing patients. | 防止出现坏医生害死病患 |
[25:46] | It’s to keep the good ones from doing so. | 而是不要让好医生犯下这些失误 |
[26:12] | Lesion… right there. Take out. | 癫痫病灶 这里 要取出来 |
[26:15] | What does it involve? | 需要怎么做 |
[26:16] | Anterior temporal resection. | 前颞叶切除术 |
[26:19] | Remove bad. Leave good. | 切除病灶 保留健康部分 |
[26:21] | And compulsive writing… | 那么强迫性书写障碍 |
[26:22] | Do we categorize that as the good or the bad? | 是算在生病的部分还是健康部分呢 |
[26:26] | It likely go with lesion. | 可能是伴随癫痫出现的 |
[26:28] | The good news is it’s not near the eloquent area. | 好消息是病灶不靠近大脑功能区 |
[26:31] | You’ll still be able to think clearly, | 你依然有清晰的思维 |
[26:32] | live a healthy, normal life. | 会拥有健康正常的生活 |
[26:39] | I’m gonna pass. | 那我不做手术 |
[26:42] | You can’t pass. | 你不能不做 |
[26:44] | With each seizure, you could suffer worse… | 癫痫每发作一次 你会愈发痛苦… |
[26:46] | more cognitive or intellectual damage. | 你的认知和智力损伤会愈发严重 |
[26:48] | This could even kill you. | 这个病会死的 |
[26:49] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[26:55] | I’m gonna pass. | 我不做手术 |
[26:59] | Derrick, I know… | 德里克 我知道 |
[27:00] | My creativity is who I am. | 我的创作能力就是我的命 |
[27:06] | This is who I am. | 这个就是我存在的意义 |
[27:11] | I’m not having surgery. | 我不要做手术 |
[27:12] | You need to appreciate that this is potentially a fatal… | 你一定要理解这种疾病潜在的致命性… |
[27:15] | You’re not gonna lobotomize me away. | 你们别想把我切走 |
[27:17] | We’re not talking about a lobotomy. | 我们现在讨论的不是切除手术 |
[27:18] | No! | 不要 |
[27:27] | You think you could have offered something? | 你都不准备帮帮忙吗 |
[27:28] | “Not do, dead”… I mean, | 「不做 会死」什么的 |
[27:30] | any number of your pearls might have come in handy just now. | 你那些金玉良言应该张口就来的吧 |
[27:32] | Instead, you just sit there? Really? | 可你却坐在一旁袖手旁观 搞什么 |
[27:35] | Write good. | 写得挺好 |
[27:38] | Good writer. | 好作家 |
[27:56] | You know I’m on a short list to be a supreme court justice. | 你知道我现在是最高法院法官的候选人之一 |
[28:01] | Your honor, it was only three years ago | 法官阁下 三年前 |
[28:03] | that you had your socratic way with me before that commission. | 你在法庭中以苏格拉底反诘法向我发问 |
[28:06] | It seems to me your pistons are firing | 现在你就像个点着火的活塞 |
[28:08] | on more than enough cylinders. | 气缸都要盛不下你了 |
[28:11] | Is that all that was bothering you… | 你一直在担心的就是这件事吗 |
[28:12] | Your chances of making it to the high court? | 担心自己能不能进入最高法院是吗 |
[28:15] | Suppose that I’m asked by a general judicial panel, | 假如陪审团问我 |
[28:19] | “Are you at any risk for cognitive decline?” | 你有没有罹患认知功能减退的风险 |
[28:22] | First of all, they’re highly unlikely to ask you that. | 首先 他们不大可能会问你这个问题 |
[28:25] | And second, we all run that risk. | 其次 我们都会有这种风险 |
[28:27] | It’s called getting older. | 这叫做衰老 |
[28:29] | And I could be wrong, but if there’s one place to thrive | 也许我说得不对 但如果真有那么一个地方 |
[28:31] | while getting decrepitly old, | 能让逐渐衰老的人焕发活力 |
[28:32] | the supreme court would be it. | 那肯定就是最高法院了 |
[28:40] | I feel… | 我感觉 |
[28:42] | damaged… | 很受伤 |
[28:47] | …ashamed. | 很羞愧 |
[28:52] | The honorable judge Beverly Natheson. | 受人尊敬的贝弗莉·纳西森法官 |
[28:54] | Your honor, do you really mean to beat yourself up | 法官阁下 你真的要拿 |
[28:56] | for something that happened several lifetimes ago? | 八百辈子前犯下的错误责怪自己吗 |
[29:09] | Not go medical school make house call. | 没上过医学院的医生才会去出诊呢 |
[29:11] | I really don’t care, Sung. You’re coming with me. | 我不管 阿成 你必须跟我一起去 |
[29:13] | You basically let a guy leave with a time bomb in his head, | 你在一个人的脑袋里留了颗定时炸弹 |
[29:15] | so now it’s incumbent on us to bring him. | 所以咱俩应该义不容辞地将他带回来 |
[29:17] | Ah, talk gibblish. | 胡说布道 |
[29:19] | The word would be “Gibberish.” | 那叫「胡说八道」 |
[29:20] | The idea of us making a house call is anything but. | 咱俩上门出诊是唯一的方法 |
[29:23] | That lesion needs to be addressed surgically, | 病灶必须通过手术处理 |
[29:25] | and know know it, which means you better say the right thing, | 正因如此 你最好给我讲对话 |
[29:27] | if not for the sake of the patient’s health, | 就算不为患者的健康 |
[29:28] | then at least your own malpractice premium, | 也至少为你自己的医疗事故保险费着想 |
[29:30] | let alone your right to contin… | 更别提你继续行医的权… |
[29:32] | Poopy kook. | 一派腐言 |
[29:33] | “Poppycock.” | 一派胡言 |
[29:37] | Hey. You knew it was coming. | 喂 你早就知道会这样 |
[29:41] | That’s why you gave me the beer, the… the hug… | 所以你才会给我啤酒喝 还有拥抱 |
[29:44] | to buoy me because you knew what was coming. | 还帮我鼓劲 因为你早就知道会这样 |
[29:46] | I didn’t know for sure. I had a hunch. | 我也不是很肯定 只是有预感 |
[29:48] | Look, you’re a resident. | 你是住院医师 |
[29:49] | You were in an emergency situation. | 当时你处于非常紧急的情况之下 |
[29:51] | Bottom line… you saved a woman’s life. | 至少 你救了一个女人的性命 |
[29:53] | Yeah, after nearly killing her? | 是啊 可之前却差点杀了她 |
[29:54] | Harding knows you’re a good doctor. | 哈丁知道你是一位好医生 |
[29:56] | Did he say that? | 他有说过吗 |
[29:57] | He didn’t have to. You’re still here. | 没这个必要 因为你还在这里 |
[30:00] | He’s been in there ever since he got back… | 自从回家后他就一直待在里面 |
[30:03] | With his computer. | 还有他的电脑 |
[30:05] | I figured better that than the charmin. | 我想总比写在厕纸上强 |
[30:07] | Any seizures? | 癫痫发作过吗 |
[30:09] | Um, no, not that I know of. | 没有 据我所知没有 |
[30:11] | Although, he has had some of those aura things. | 不过 他是有些发病的征兆 |
[30:15] | I don’t expect him to be thrilled to see you, | 我不想他因为看到你们而太过激动 |
[30:17] | But something tells me that you don’t really care. | 不过我猜你们根本不在意 |
[30:21] | Derrick? | 德里克 |
[30:26] | Derrick, we have guests. | 德里克 咱家来客人了 |
[30:44] | Derrick. | 德里克 |
[30:46] | The procedure will not necessarily | 手术不一定会 |
[30:48] | eradicate your creativity. | 让你的创作能力消失 |
[30:50] | It’s extremely dangerous | 放任颞叶癫痫不管 |
[30:52] | to let temporal-lobe epilepsy go untreated. | 而不进行手术治疗 是极其危险的 |
[30:54] | – What if it does? – I’m sorry? | -要是没了呢 -什么 |
[30:56] | What if it does eradicate my creativity? | 要是我的创作能力真的消失了呢 |
[31:01] | Do you want to die? Because… | 难道你想死吗 因为… |
[31:02] | Look, I already told you… | 我已经告诉过你们了 |
[31:04] | Sung, can you help me, please? | 阿成 帮帮忙好吗 |
[31:07] | Dr. Park. | 朴医生 |
[31:09] | You no drive. | 你不开车 |
[31:12] | You no swim. No mountain-climb. No sky-dive. | 你不游泳 不爬山 不跳伞 |
[31:15] | I don’t do those things. I write. | 那些事情我都不做 我写作 |
[31:22] | We see how goes. | 我们静观其变 |
[31:23] | Seizures get worse, prescribe new medication. | 癫痫如果恶化 就开新药 |
[31:26] | If not, in meantime… | 如果没有 在此期间 |
[31:27] | In meantime, what? | 在此期间 怎样 |
[31:30] | In meantime… | 在此期间 |
[31:32] | Write. | 写作 |
[31:43] | Last night, a robbery occurred at the Four and Twenty Market, | 昨晚 4&20商店发生一起抢劫案 |
[31:46] | and that would make this the fifth small business | 这是最近三个月以来 |
[31:49] | targeted in the last three months. | 第15家遭受抢劫的小型商铺 |
[31:51] | Channel 4 news reported last night | 四台昨晚新闻报道称 |
[31:53] | that a man dressed all in black… | 有一位身穿黑衣的男子… |
[31:54] | Word is you’ve requested an early checkout. | 听说你想早点出院 |
[31:58] | I don’t like your wine selection. | 我不喜欢你们这里的葡萄酒 |
[32:00] | A decent pinot, I might reconsider. | 一瓶像样的比诺酒 我可以再考虑一下 |
[32:02] | Well, I’ll be sure to send you a bottle. | 好啊 我肯定会给您送来一瓶的 |
[32:05] | We need to keep you in for at least another day. | 我们得让您再留在这里至少一天 |
[32:08] | You’ve had brain surgery. | 你做的是脑部手术 |
[32:10] | I wish I’d been as hospitable to you | 希望哪天你到我那里时 |
[32:12] | when you appeared before me. | 我也能如你一样好客 |
[32:14] | You don’t mean that. | 您不会那么无情吧 |
[32:16] | So thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:18] | Meanwhile, we are getting an unconfirmed report | 同时 我们收到一份未经证实的报道称 |
[32:21] | that federal district-court judge Beverly Natheson | 联邦地区法院的法官贝弗莉·纳西森 |
[32:23] | has been diagnosed with an advanced case of syphilis. | 被确诊患有晚期梅毒 |
[32:27] | As you may recall, judge Natheson has been rumored to be | 您可能还记得 据传纳西森法官 |
[32:29] | among a handful of jurists under consideration | 是为数不多的最高法院法官候选人之一 |
[32:32] | to replace either supreme court justice Kennedy, | 以接替斯卡利亚 金斯伯格 |
[32:35] | Scalia, Ginsburg, or Breyer… | 或布雷耶法官的空缺 |
[32:37] | All of whom are in their 70s, | 以上几位法官均已年逾七十 |
[32:39] | any of whom may soon leave a vacancy on the bench. | 其中一位不久后将退休 从而出现空缺 |
[32:42] | Beverly Natheson is known as being a judge… | 贝弗莉·纳西森担任法官已有… |
[33:15] | Well, what’s your best guess this time? | 这次最乐观的猜测会是什么事 |
[33:17] | News is out about that judge. | 那位法官被新闻报道出来了 |
[33:18] | It has to be a confidentiality breach. | 肯定有人泄露了患者隐私 |
[33:20] | He hates that. | 他最痛恨这个了 |
[33:24] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[33:26] | Okay, here we go. | 好了 开始吧 |
[33:27] | This could get ugly. | 要惨了 |
[33:28] | Dr. Park, please stand. | 朴医生 请起立 |
[33:30] | You’re the opening act. | 你是这次的开场嘉宾 |
[33:33] | Oh, I said just stand. You can do theater in the round. | 我只说起立 你可以在观众席中表演 |
[33:38] | Tell us about Derrick Wells. | 跟大家说说德里克·威尔斯吧 |
[33:42] | 20-year-old male. Temporal-lobe epilepsy. | 20岁男性 颞叶癫痫 |
[33:44] | – Treatable? – Yes. Surgery. | -能治吗 -能 做手术 |
[33:47] | He decline. | 他拒绝了 |
[33:48] | That’s quite a brave decision, isn’t it? | 这个决定着实很有勇气呢 |
[33:51] | Declining a potentially life-saving procedure? | 拒绝一台可能救命的手术 |
[33:54] | I bet that was quite a lonely decision, as well. | 我打赌这也是个相当「孤独」的决定 |
[33:57] | Was he alone in making that decision, Dr. Park? | 他是单独一人做出的这个决定吗 朴医生 |
[33:59] | – I support. – You support? | -我支持 -你支持 |
[34:01] | Writer want write. | 作家想写作 |
[34:02] | Surgery possible take away creativity. | 手术可能夺走他的创作能力 |
[34:04] | Oh, I get it. “Writer want write. | 我明白了 作家想写作 |
[34:06] | Surgery possible take away creativity.” | 手术可能夺走他的创作能力 |
[34:09] | Hmm. Comments, anyone? | 有何评论吗各位 |
[34:13] | Well, humor me, Dr. Park. | 拜托赏我个面子 朴医生 |
[34:15] | You know, I rather like these delicious little details. | 我特别喜欢那些动人的小细节 |
[34:18] | For example, I might like some sense of | 比如说 我比较希望听到 |
[34:20] | the patient’s mental competence, | 患者因为某种精神行为能力 |
[34:22] | should he decline treatment for a potentially fatal disease. | 所以才拒绝致命性疾病的治疗 |
[34:25] | Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we had a real nutjob on our hands, | 若我们这个患者是真正的疯子 岂不妙哉 |
[34:28] | somebody so compulsive he writes manuscripts on toilet paper, | 该人的强迫症严重到把草稿写在厕纸上 |
[34:33] | on the walls, even on his own body. | 写在墙上 甚至自己身体上 |
[34:36] | Seems to me a person like that might need some proper steering. | 在我看来 这样一个人需要正规的引导 |
[34:39] | I should like to think the doctors here at Chelsea General | 我以为切尔西中心医院的医生 |
[34:41] | might steer him towards life. | 会引导他走向正常的生活 |
[34:43] | – He’s in a mood. – Something to say, Dr. Napur?! | -闹情绪呢 -你有意见吗 纳普尔医生 |
[34:48] | This young man suffers from a very serious mental disorder, | 这位年轻人患有非常严重的精神障碍 |
[34:51] | so much so he is a threat to his own well-being, | 以至于对他自己的生活都造成严重威胁 |
[34:54] | and you blithely sugges… | 而你妄下论断… |
[34:55] | Not threat self. Not threat others. | 对他自己没威胁 对别人没威胁 |
[34:57] | He suffers from epilepsy. He has a lesion. | 他得的是癫痫 脑内有病灶 |
[35:00] | Charles Dickens have epilepsy. | 查尔斯·狄更斯有癫痫 |
[35:01] | Dostoyevsky have epilepsy. | 陀思妥耶夫斯基也有癫痫 |
[35:03] | Oh, so now you think that just… | 所以你就认为… |
[35:04] | Lewis Carroll, Edgar Allan Poe, | 路易斯·卡罗 埃德加·爱伦·坡 |
[35:06] | Lord Byron all suffer epilepsy. | 拜伦勋爵 都患有癫痫 |
[35:08] | You want do procedure on Dickens? | 你想给狄更斯动手术吗 |
[35:10] | You want snip-snip Dostoyevsky? | 你想对陀思妥耶夫斯基动刀吗 |
[35:11] | Vincent Van Gogh? | 还有文森特·梵高 |
[35:12] | Yeah, I believe Van Gogh was a self-snipper. | 话说梵高是自杀吧 |
[35:14] | Picasso, Michelangelo… | 毕加索 米开朗琪罗 |
[35:16] | Great art, epilepsy, hand-in-hand. | 伟大艺术家 癫痫 形影不离 |
[35:18] | Derrick Wells want to write. | 德里克·威尔斯想写作 |
[35:20] | That purpose. That essence. | 人生目的 生命本质 |
[35:22] | Who me to say no? Who you? | 我凭什么说不 你又凭什么 |
[35:25] | Who you? | 你凭什么 |
[35:26] | Me Chief of Staff. | 凭我是医务主任 |
[35:29] | You lecture us weeks ago… | 几周前你训诫我们说 |
[35:31] | “See whole, not just body parts. | 看到完整的人 而非身体各个部位 |
[35:33] | See whole.” | 完整的人 |
[35:34] | I look at Derrick Wells whole. | 我把德里克·威尔斯当成一个完整的人 |
[35:39] | He a writer. | 他是作家 |
[35:41] | Let be. | 成全他吧 |
[35:49] | Dr. Wilson… | 威尔逊医生 |
[35:51] | Do you have an opinion? | 你的看法呢 |
[35:53] | – Me? – Yes. | -我吗 -没错 |
[35:55] | Seems to me you might quite like to share. | 在我看来 你似乎有看法要分享 |
[35:57] | You seem to me like a sharer of sorts. | 在我看来 你是爱分享的人 |
[35:59] | I have no idea where you’re going with this. | 我不明白你为什么要这样说 |
[36:02] | Please stand, Dr. Wilson. | 请站起来 威尔逊医生 |
[36:03] | Uh, you may sit, Dr. Park. | 请坐 朴医生 |
[36:09] | Dr. Wilson, you and I treated a patient with syphilis, | 威尔逊医生 咱俩共同治疗了一位梅毒患者 |
[36:12] | and that little nugget is now being | 而这条有价值的消息 |
[36:14] | featured prominently in media outlets nationwide. | 正被全国各地的媒体进行大肆报道 |
[36:18] | With whom did we share this diagnosis, doctor? | 究竟是谁「分享」了这一诊断结果 医生 |
[36:21] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[36:22] | Who did you tell, Dr. Wilson? | 你告诉了谁 威尔逊医生 |
[36:26] | Many people here had access. | 这里很多人都有机会获取结果 |
[36:29] | Yes, and I intend to question every single one of them. | 没错 我正打算询问这里的每一个人 |
[36:32] | But I’m starting with you. Who did you tell? | 而我从你开始问 你告诉谁了 |
[36:34] | I only discussed it with colleagues. | 我只跟同事讨论过 |
[36:36] | – That would be me and who else? – Radiology, pathology. | -除了我还有谁 -放射科 病理科 |
[36:39] | How about Dr. Ridgeway? Did you discuss it with her? | 里奇韦医生呢 你跟她讨论过吗 |
[36:45] | Yes, it’s an extremely rare case, and I… | 没错 这个病例极其罕见 我… |
[36:48] | So why not talk about it with your girlfriend? | 所以不妨与自己女友讨论一下 是吗 |
[36:50] | That’s out of line. This was a cerebral gumma… | 你太过分了 这是脑梅毒瘤 |
[36:52] | Neurosyphilis. We should all be talking… | 神经性梅毒 我们都应该讨论 |
[36:54] | This is a prominent judge who could do very well | 那是位杰出的法官 若不是梅毒的污名 |
[36:56] | without the stigma of syphilis hanging over her. | 让她身败名裂的话 她本可以大展宏图 |
[36:59] | And you really think somebody in this room | 你真的以为这个房间里的人会将消息 |
[37:00] | – put out that information? – It got out, Dr. Ridgeway! | -泄露出去 -已经泄露了 里奇韦医生 |
[37:03] | These walls are supposed to be sealed, and it got out. | 本该是不透风的墙 但消息确实泄露了 |
[37:06] | Come on, Harding! | 拜托 哈丁 |
[37:07] | The idea of medical confidentiality in the 21st cyber-century? | 21世纪网络社会 还想确保医疗保密 |
[37:11] | Tort lawyers have Chelsea General employees on their payroll. | 医疗纠纷律师花钱买通切尔西医院的员工 |
[37:14] | Mitch Tompkins files wrongful-death suits | 米奇·汤普金斯甚至在患者还没咽气之前 |
[37:16] | before patients even flatline. | 就写好了意外致死的诉状 |
[37:17] | This is systemic. | 这是体系问题 |
[37:18] | Which only compounds my problem. | 这正是我提出的问题 |
[37:20] | As a matter of course, this patient’s information | 所以说 这位患者的资料 |
[37:22] | would have been shared with upwards | 仅在这栋大楼里就已经 |
[37:23] | of 100 people in this building alone, | 跟至少一百个人分享过了 |
[37:25] | not to mention outside this building. | 更别提医院之外了 |
[37:27] | Between outsource labs, billing, transcripts, | 到了外包实验室 财务科 病历档案室 |
[37:29] | insurance… add another 100. | 医疗保险 再加一百人 |
[37:31] | Not to mention electronic records are hackable, stealable. | 更别说电子病历系统可能被入侵 被盗窃 |
[37:34] | You know what we should be doing? | 知道我们该怎么办吗 |
[37:35] | We should be putting up a big sign on the door | 我们应该在门上挂上一大牌子 |
[37:37] | that says, “Privacy is dead. Get over it.” | 上书「隐私已死 有事烧纸」 |
[37:41] | Well, thank you for your considered input, Dr. Napur. | 感谢你全面详尽的信息 纳普尔医生 |
[37:46] | You seem so well-informed on the subject, | 你似乎对这方面相当了解 |
[37:48] | I’m gonna put you in charge of a special task force | 那就请你负责一个特别工作组 |
[37:50] | to address our newfound privacy concerns. | 处理我们新发现的隐私问题 |
[37:53] | I will expect a detailed analysis | 我希望能在三十天内看到 |
[37:55] | and a full list of specific recommendations within 30 days. | 详细的分析 同时列出具体建议报告 |
[37:58] | Come on. I hardly have the time. | 拜托 我哪里有时间 |
[38:00] | Well, then you shouldn’t have opened your mouth. | 那你刚才就不该张嘴 |
[38:01] | Or, perhaps as Dr. Park put it, | 或者正如朴医生所言 |
[38:03] | that’s your essence, your purpose. | 那是你的生命本质 你的人生目的 |
[38:08] | 30 days. | 三十天内 |
[38:28] | Fee-fi-fo-fum! | 嘿嘿哈吼 |
[38:31] | You want me to do an insectomy… | 要不要我帮你抓害虫呀 |
[38:33] | Get that giant bug up your ass? | 揪出那条讨厌的大臭虫 |
[38:35] | If I find that leak, i’m gonna get that bug and step on it. | 等找出泄密的 我就捏起那死臭虫踩死丫的 |
[38:38] | Harding, with all the lab reports… | 哈丁 那么多实验室报告… |
[38:40] | No, no, she was listed under a pseudonym. | 不对 她是以假名送去化验的 |
[38:43] | Not with the Department of Public Health, she wasn’t, | 可她瞒不住公共卫生部 |
[38:46] | where we had a duty to report her real name. | 因为我们必须提交她的真实姓名 |
[38:49] | Look, man, in this digital world we live in, | 老兄 我们生活的这个数字世界 |
[38:51] | even if privacy does exist, which I seriously doubt, | 即使隐私真的存在 对此我表示强烈怀疑 |
[38:55] | expectation privacy, | 指望享有隐私权 |
[38:57] | you can forget it. | 想都别想 |
[38:59] | Well, this needs to be fixed, and it will be. | 这事一定得解决 也一定会解决 |
[39:06] | You were pretty rough on Robidaux. | 你对罗比多特别严厉 |
[39:07] | Oh, she’ll thank me one day. | 她总有一天会感谢我的 |
[39:09] | Don’t wait for it. | 你就别指望了 |
[39:12] | Look, man… | 老兄 |
[39:14] | We had multiple bodies in the ER. | 急诊室总是人满为患 |
[39:17] | I should have had more people. | 本该配备更多医生 |
[39:20] | My bad. | 我的错 |
[39:23] | I bet you hugged her. | 我赌你拥抱了她 |
[39:25] | – Say what? – Yeah. | -什么 -肯定的 |
[39:26] | You likely suspected I was gonna go off on Michelle Robidaux, | 你八成料到我会狠削米歇尔·罗比多 |
[39:29] | so you braced her for impact | 所以你对她使出了 |
[39:30] | with one of your insipid little Half Nelsons. | 你那招「无敌熊抱」来帮她鼓劲 |
[39:32] | – You did, didn’t you? – Man, you out of your mind! | -肯定抱了 对不对 -你疯了吧你 |
[39:35] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, you hugged her. | 没错 没错 你拥抱了她 |
[39:36] | – You’re pathetic. – Man, drink your scotch. | -你可真磕碜 -喝你的威士忌吧 |
[39:43] | So, you gave her a squeeze, made her feel better. | 你用力抱了她一下 让她安心一点 |
[39:45] | Well, actually, I was thinking about my ex-wife. | 说真的 我想起了我前妻 |
[39:48] | – Yeah? – Yep. | -真的 -没错 |
[39:49] | I used to wear my wedding ring on the wrong finger. | 我以前老把婚戒戴错手指 |
[40:36] | But ultimately, we were able to thread a pediatric tube | 不过最后 我们成功地将儿科插管 |
[40:38] | in through her vocal cords, which got her breathing again. | 插进她的声带 让她重新恢复了呼吸 |
[40:41] | You mean you were able to get her breathing again? | 你是说 是你让她重新获得了呼吸吗 |
[40:43] | Oh, I was only a small cog in the machine. | 我只是医院里的无名小卒 |
[40:46] | Everyone in that ER was working tirelessly | 是急救室所有医务人员的不懈努力 |
[40:48] | to save Mr. and Mrs. Coolidge. | 才救了库立奇夫妇的命 |
[40:50] | Accidents happen… that’s why we have hospitals, | 意外随时会发生 所以才需要医院的存在 |
[40:53] | and Chelsea General happens to be one of the best. | 而切尔西中心医院恰好就是个中翘楚 |
[40:56] | We all feel fortunate that we were in a position to save… | 我们无比荣幸 能够救死扶伤… |