时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:23] | 58-year-old woman knocked down by a skateboarder, | 58岁女性 被玩滑板的撞倒 |
[00:25] | fell backwards about 10 steps. | 跌出大概十步远 |
[00:26] | – Was she breathing on her own? – A few agonal breaths. | -有自主呼吸吗 -濒死呼吸 |
[00:28] | – Pupils? – Left fixed, right barely reactive. | -瞳孔呢 -左瞳孔固定 右侧略有反应 |
[00:30] | Has she responded at all? | 之前都有反应吗 |
[00:31] | Some incomprehensible sounds, initially. | 起初能发出一些模糊的呻吟 |
[00:32] | Glasgow Score of four, but then nothing. | 昏迷指数4分 然后就无反应了 |
[00:34] | So we downgraded her to a three. | 减为3分 |
[00:35] | Get a stat CT page Dr. Park. | 做CT 呼叫朴医生 |
[00:37] | Doctor! I’ve really been here a long time. | 医生 我在这待很久了 |
[00:40] | Whose patient are you? | 你是谁的患者 |
[00:40] | That’s just the thing… nobody’s. | 实际上 没有人管我 |
[00:42] | I-I’ve been in the waiting room for over two hours. | 我已经在候诊室待了两个多小时了 |
[00:43] | Okay, I need you to go back to the waiting room. | 好的 你现在回候诊室去 |
[00:45] | I promise we’ll be with you as fast as we can. | 我保证马上就会有人来看你了 |
[00:46] | Severe chest pain. Difficulty breathing. BP’s 98/74. | 剧烈胸痛 呼吸困难 血压98/74 |
[00:49] | O2 sat’s 94. Heart rate is 110. | 血氧94% 心率110次/分 |
[00:51] | Pain was 9 of 10 | 疼痛评分9分 |
[00:52] | and administered aspirin and morphine en route. | 途中给予阿司匹林和吗啡 |
[00:54] | I need a 12 lead EKG, stat. | 安排12导联心电图 |
[00:56] | What were you doing when the pain came on? | 疼痛开始时你在做什么 |
[00:58] | This douche bag snatched my backpack, so I chased him. | 那混蛋抢我的包 我去追他 |
[01:01] | Then I just… my chest! | 突然…我的胸口 |
[01:03] | Okay, let’s get him into Bay 1, quick. | 好吧 推他去1区 速度 |
[01:07] | Tightness? Arm pain? Headache? | 有没有胸闷 手臂疼痛 头痛 |
[01:08] | Yeah. My arms are fine. | 没有 我胳膊没事 |
[01:10] | I feel a little like puking. | 我有点想吐 |
[01:12] | ST segment elevation. Ischemia in the inferior leads. | ST段抬高 下壁心肌缺血 |
[01:15] | I’m going to give you something to put under your tongue. | 我会给你一些药 放在舌下含服 |
[01:17] | I want you to tell me if it helps. | 你得告诉我疼痛有没有缓解 |
[01:19] | I need enzymes on him. | 给他化验心肌酶谱 |
[01:23] | – How old are you? – 16. | -你多大了 -16岁 |
[01:26] | Feeling better? | 好点没 |
[01:28] | About a four or five now. | 现在大概是4至5分 |
[01:30] | Initiate code STEMI. | 初步诊断为STEMI |
[01:31] | Robidaux, I want you to stay with him, | 罗比多 我要你陪着他 |
[01:33] | take him to the cath lab, and page Dr. Napur. | 带他去导管室 呼叫纳普尔医生 |
[01:36] | This kid’s having a heart attack. | 这孩子心脏病发作 |
[01:50] | GCS 3. Collided with a skateboarder. | 昏迷指数3分 被滑板者撞倒 |
[01:52] | Cat scan shows a large left-sided hemorrhage. | CT显示左脑大出血 |
[01:53] | Let’s get her to the OR, save what brain function we can. | 推她进手术室 尽力挽救脑功能 |
[02:01] | – She gone. – It’s only been an hour. | -没救了 -才一个小时 |
[02:04] | Come on, Sung. She’s here, and so are we. | 拜托阿成 人都来了 好歹试试看 |
[02:07] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[02:20] | There it is, an obstruction in the right coronary artery. | 在那儿 右冠状动脉有梗阻 |
[02:25] | Have you ever seen somebody this young with a heart attack? | 你见过这么年轻就心脏病发作吗 |
[02:28] | 16? No. | 16岁 没有 |
[02:32] | Inferior wall MI. | 下壁心肌梗塞 |
[02:35] | Ready to watch a cardiac stent? | 准备好观摩心脏支架置入了吗 |
[02:37] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[02:39] | Absolutely! | 当然准备好了 |
[02:44] | So, Mr. Knox. What’s going on? | 诺克斯先生 您哪里不舒服 |
[02:48] | Well, I had back surgery a couple years ago, | 我几年前后背做过手术 |
[02:50] | and things have never been the same. | 可是没什么好转 |
[02:52] | – The pain’s still pretty bad. – On a scale of 1 to 10? | -疼痛依然剧烈 -1到10分 有多疼 |
[02:56] | I’d say an 8 1/2? | 大概8.5分 |
[02:57] | I mean, it comes and goes, but it’s mostly continuous. | 时有时无 但经常持续不断 |
[03:00] | Is there anything in particular that brings on the pain? | 有没有什么特别动作引起疼痛 |
[03:03] | Everything in particular… The bending, | 任何动作都会 弯腰 |
[03:05] | the lifting, the turning. | 起身 转身 |
[03:07] | You guys prescribed something to me once before. | 你们之前给我开过处方 |
[03:09] | Um, what was it? Uh, lor… lor-something? | 叫什么来着 氨酚什么 |
[03:12] | Lortab? I think that was it. It really seemed to help. | 氢可酮+对乙酰氨基酚复方镇痛药 挺管用 |
[03:16] | How often do you take painkillers? | 你多久服用一次止痛药 |
[03:19] | – Only when I need ’em. – Who is your primary? | -只有疼的时候 -谁是首诊医生 |
[03:21] | Uh, Dr. Wu over at Portland Area Physicians. | 波特兰地区医院内科的吴医生 |
[03:26] | And what pharmacies are you using? | 你在什么药房拿药 |
[03:29] | Uh, the four-and-twenty around the corner. | 附近的24小时便民药店 |
[03:31] | No others? | 没别的地方了 |
[03:33] | Why do I suddenly feel like I’m being interrogated? | 我怎么突然觉得自己像在被审问 |
[03:36] | Look, are you on any other medications? | 你有吃别的药吗 |
[03:39] | No. | 没有 |
[03:40] | Do you currently take prescriptions for back pain? | 你最近有没有开过治疗背痛的处方 |
[03:45] | It’s easy for us to check this out. | 这个很容易就能查出来 |
[03:46] | Yeah, no, I am, uh, but I’m such a spaz. | 是的 我有 但我太笨了 |
[03:49] | I spilled it in the bathroom sink, | 我把药撒到浴室水槽里了 |
[03:51] | and so most of it got ruined. | 大部分都不能吃了 |
[03:52] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我来了 |
[03:53] | – I-I need an emergency refill. – Okay. | -我需要补充一些应急 -好的 |
[03:55] | Just relax. I’ll be back in a minute. | 放松点 我一会回来 |
[03:59] | Well, where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[04:01] | I’m going to make some phone calls. | 我去打几个电话 |
[04:03] | I’ll return with your treatment options. | 然后再给你治疗方案 |
[04:14] | Mr. Malloy? | 马洛伊先生 |
[04:17] | – How is she? – It’s not good. | -她怎么样了 -不太好 |
[04:19] | The tests show there’s no blood flow to her brain. | 报告显示大脑供血已停止 |
[04:23] | We tried everything we could, | 我们已经竭尽所能 |
[04:24] | but the damage was just too extensive. | 但损伤实在太严重了 |
[04:30] | She’s dead? | 她死了吗 |
[04:31] | She is brain-dead, yes. | 脑死亡 是的 |
[04:40] | How can… | 怎么… |
[04:42] | From colliding with a skateboarder? | 滑板怎么可能撞死人 |
[04:50] | We are so sorry. | 请节哀顺变 |
[04:52] | By the time she got to us, she was already gone. | 送到医院的时候 她就已经不行了 |
[04:55] | – C-can I see her? – You can. Of course. | -我能去看看她吗 -当然 |
[04:57] | We’ll bring you back in just a bit. | 等下就带你去 |
[05:00] | Also, your mother was an organ donor. | 你母亲生前登记过自愿捐献器官 |
[05:04] | We’ve contacted the registry, | 我们联系了登记处 |
[05:05] | and someone from the Organ Procurement Agency will be coming… | 器官捐赠专管机构将派人来… |
[05:09] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等下 等下 |
[05:11] | Can you give me a minute, | 能让我静一下吗 |
[05:12] | just to process the fact that my mother’s… | 容我面对我妈妈过世的现实 |
[05:17] | Before you start… | 先别跟我说这些 |
[05:18] | I so apologize for the insensitivity of this, | 非常抱歉我们的不近人情 |
[05:22] | But we’re required. | 但这也是不得已 |
[05:24] | The timing on organ donation… | 器官捐献的时机… |
[05:25] | I need a minute, okay? | 让我静一下 好吗 |
[05:27] | Please, can you just give me a minute? | 求求你们 先让我一个人静一下 |
[05:35] | Should I speak to him? | 要我跟他谈吗 |
[05:36] | Excuse me? | 怎么 |
[05:38] | You worse me, bedside. | 你还不如我呢 临床关怀 |
[05:39] | Sung? Is that really necessary? | 阿成 这必要这样吗 |
[05:41] | The thing is, for us to make effective use of her organs… | 问题是 为了有效利用她的器官… |
[05:43] | I explained that. | 我解释过了 |
[05:44] | Let’s just give him a moment on this, okay? | 先让他一个人静一静 好吗 |
[05:46] | His mother just died. | 他刚失去了母亲 |
[05:54] | – How you feeling? – Okay, I guess. | -感觉如何 -还好吧 |
[05:58] | Rough day. | 今天真难熬 |
[06:01] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[06:03] | Nothing new. | 没什么新鲜 |
[06:05] | Some wank called me “man boobs,” then grabbed my bag. | 有个混蛋叫我「大胸男」 抢了我的包 |
[06:09] | I started after him. | 我就开始追他 |
[06:11] | Then by the time we reached the field, | 等我快追上他时 |
[06:14] | everything just hurt. | 就痛得倒下了 |
[06:16] | Have you ever had pain during physical activity before? | 你之前运动的时候胸痛过吗 |
[06:19] | It’s just uncomfortable, so I avoid it. | 就是觉得不舒服 所以我尽量避免运动 |
[06:23] | Take the elevator, ride the bus. | 平时都乘电梯 坐公车 |
[06:26] | Darryl? Darryl. Baby, are you okay? | 达瑞尔 达瑞尔 宝贝你没事吧 |
[06:29] | I’m fine, nana. | 我没事 奶奶 |
[06:30] | – Is this your… – Grandmother. | -这位是你…-我祖母 |
[06:33] | Hi. I’m Dr. Sydney Napur. | 你好 我是茜妮·纳普尔医生 |
[06:35] | What happened? Is he okay? Baby, are you okay? | 怎么回事 他没事吧 宝贝你没事吧 |
[06:38] | – I had a heart attack. – A what? A what?! | -我心脏病发作 -什么 什么发作 |
[06:41] | There was a blockage in his heart | 他发生了心肌梗塞 |
[06:42] | that was preventing him from getting enough oxygen. | 导致他无法得到足够氧气 |
[06:45] | We had to put in a stent to reopen the passageway. | 我们得在堵塞的地方放个支架 再通血管 |
[06:49] | Oh, my Lord. | 我的天哪 |
[06:51] | Um, he will be okay, but, uh… | 他会没事的 不过… |
[06:55] | But what? | 不过什么 |
[06:59] | This young man needs to make some dramatic lifestyle changes. | 不过这小伙子需要完全改变生活方式 |
[07:02] | He has asthma, he has a… | 他有哮喘 他… |
[07:03] | This had nothing to do with asthma, ma’am. | 这跟他的哮喘没有任何关系 女士 |
[07:08] | I don’t think I like your tone, doctor. | 我不喜欢你的语气 医生 |
[07:12] | Will his parents be coming in? | 他父母会来吗 |
[07:14] | If he had parents, they’d be here. | 若有父母 他们早就来了 |
[07:16] | I’m his parent. | 我就是他家长 |
[07:22] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[07:24] | I’m sorry, no. | 我很抱歉 不行 |
[07:26] | I-I don’t want her organs to be harvested. | 我不想你们摘取她的器官 |
[07:30] | S-she’s a registered donor. | 她登记过自愿捐献器官 |
[07:32] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[07:32] | And it makes sense, she’s a selfless person. | 这并不意外 她是个无私的人 |
[07:34] | But I’m telling you, as her son, | 但我告诉你 作为她儿子我知道 |
[07:35] | that registration doesn’t reflect her true intent. | 登记捐献并不能反映她的真实想法 |
[07:38] | – On what basis do you… – Look. | -你凭什么认为…-听着 |
[07:39] | My mother agreed to be an organ donor six years ago, | 我母亲六年前同意捐献器官 |
[07:42] | I understand that. | 我明白这点 |
[07:43] | What you guys need to appreciate | 但你们要知道的是 |
[07:44] | is that I speak to her every single day, | 我每天都有跟她聊天 |
[07:46] | and I can tell you the person she is now, | 我能告诉你们她现在是怎样的人 |
[07:48] | or… was an hour ago, and… | 或者说…一小时前是怎样的人 |
[07:53] | She wouldn’t consent to having her organs harvested. | 她不会同意自己的器官被摘取 |
[07:57] | I’m afraid it’s a legally-binding consent. | 恐怕她签署的同意书具有法律效力 |
[08:00] | It’s on her driver’s license. | 就写在她的驾照上 |
[08:03] | Your wishes can’t override hers. | 你的愿望不能推翻她自己的意愿 |
[08:04] | – Who is this ghoul? – Gregory. | -这食尸鬼是谁 -格里高利 |
[08:07] | It’s a federal law. | 这是联邦法律规定 |
[08:08] | It’s called the Uniform Anatomical Gift Act. | 叫作「统一遗体捐赠法」 |
[08:11] | The agreement your mother made is irreversible. | 你母亲签署的同意书是无法推翻的 |
[08:14] | Which means that we are legally required to procure her organs. | 也就是说我们能合法摘取她的器官 |
[08:17] | I’m getting a lawyer. | 我要找律师 |
[08:25] | Pasta. Burgers. Burritos. | 意面 汉堡 墨西哥卷 |
[08:26] | That’s what you serve? | 你就给他吃这些吗 |
[08:27] | It’s what he serves. | 饭是他自己准备的 |
[08:28] | I work late, so Darryl usually takes care of dinner, | 我下班很晚 通常都是达瑞尔准备晚饭 |
[08:30] | which, more times than not, is either fast food or frozen. | 大多数时候 不是快餐就是速冻食品 |
[08:34] | Mrs. Fisher, do you realize how bad that is? | 费舍尔太太 你知道其中的危害性吗 |
[08:36] | Processed food, fast food? | 加工食品 快餐 |
[08:39] | It’s what I can afford. | 我只能买得起这些 |
[08:42] | Eating this way is what’s making Darryl so sick. | 正是这种饮食方式害达瑞尔病得这么厉害 |
[08:44] | His lipid panels show very high risk. | 他的血脂异常之高 |
[08:46] | He’s severely obese. | 严重肥胖 |
[08:47] | Everyone in my family is… | 我家里所有人都很 |
[08:49] | you know, fat. It’s in our genes. | 肥胖 这是基因遗传 |
[08:51] | Does he get any exercise? | 他平时运动吗 |
[08:55] | I’ll try to get on him about that. | 我会尽量让他多运动的 |
[08:57] | You make it sound as if I failed him. | 你说的好像是我害了他一样 |
[08:59] | Well somebody has. | 但有果必有因 |
[09:01] | He’s 16 with the body of a 50-year-old. | 他年仅16岁 身体却像50岁 |
[09:06] | It’s just so frustrating. | 太讨厌了 |
[09:07] | People think “It’s just food. What’s the harm?” | 大家总觉得「不就是吃的嘛 能有多大害处」 |
[09:08] | Food is public enemy number one. | 食物是现在社会的头号公敌 |
[09:10] | It’s practically the leading cause of death in this nation. | 它在我国已经成为一大主要致死原因 |
[09:13] | Food. | 食物 |
[09:14] | You know, I think I saw that kid once. Fisher? | 我觉得我以前见过那孩子 叫费舍尔吗 |
[09:17] | He came in with a strep throat. | 他曾经来看过链球菌性咽炎 |
[09:19] | His cholesterol and triglycerides were through the roof. | 他的胆固醇和甘油三酯高得吓人 |
[09:21] | Oh, at 16. | 才16岁 |
[09:23] | God, the nation nearly sat Shibah for the death of the Twinkie. | 这个国家真该为被夹心面包害死的人默哀 |
[09:26] | Do you know what’s actually in Twinkies? | 你知道夹心面包里都有什么吗 |
[09:27] | Among other things, the ingredients found in rocket fuel. | 竟然还有火箭燃料的成分 |
[09:29] | Syd. We’re doctors. | 小茜 我们是医生 |
[09:32] | We can only do so much. | 我们只能做这么多 |
[09:34] | We can’t be tilting at windmills… | 我们又不能跟堂吉诃德一样 |
[09:36] | or Ding Dongs… or Sno Balls. | 把巧克力派或雪球当假想敌 |
[09:40] | It’s really not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[09:43] | What was Darryl’s fractionation, anyway? | 达瑞尔的几种脂蛋白结果怎么样 |
[09:45] | Was it something ridiculous? | 有什么特别异常的吗 |
[09:46] | I don’t know. I didn’t run it. | 不知道 我没查 |
[09:49] | You didn’t run it? | 你没查 |
[09:50] | You just got the total? You didn’t break it down? | 你就查了总量 没有查分类吗 |
[09:52] | And now I’m in trouble. | 大事不妙 |
[09:53] | Not even a lipid panel? | 连血脂都没查吗 |
[09:55] | I saw him for strep throat, so… | 我给他诊断的是咽炎 所以 |
[09:57] | And you could see the kid was fat, | 但你能看出来那孩子很胖 |
[09:58] | with elevated cholesterol. | 并且胆固醇升高 |
[09:59] | Can I please just eat? | 能让我好好吃饭吗 |
[10:01] | No, of course not. I forgot. Food is the enemy. | 不能 当然不能 我忘了食物是敌人 |
[10:04] | Well, food and me. | 食物和我都是敌人 |
[10:07] | You know what? I think I’ll, uh… | 知道吗 我觉得我应该 |
[10:11] | I’ll just go smoke a cigarette. | 我要去抽支烟了 |
[10:13] | Come on. | 好啦 |
[10:15] | I’m not a drug addict. I hurt my back. | 我不是瘾君子 我背疼 |
[10:18] | Son, you’re a drug addict. | 孩子 你有毒瘾 |
[10:19] | Are you the poster boy? Is it needles or cocaine? | 你算典型瘾君子吗 注射还是吸可卡因呢 |
[10:23] | No. It’s pain medication. | 都不是 是止痛药物上瘾 |
[10:25] | But you’re a drug addict just the same. | 但你这也一样叫做毒瘾 |
[10:27] | You’ve been going to different ERs, | 你看过很多家急诊 |
[10:29] | multiple pharmacies, | 去过各种药店 |
[10:30] | getting prescriptions for opiates, narcotics… | 想搞到麻醉剂和镇静剂的处方 |
[10:32] | Are you telling me that my pain isn’t real? | 你是说我的疼痛不是真的 |
[10:34] | I am telling you you have a problem, | 我是在告诉你 你有问题 |
[10:35] | one which I will not enable. | 而我不会让你如愿的 |
[10:38] | This is ridiculous. Where’s that blonde doctor? | 这太可笑了 那个金发医生在哪 |
[10:42] | – Son. – Don’t call me “Son.” | -孩子 -别叫我「孩子」 |
[10:43] | Okay? I am in serious pain here, | 我现在痛得要命 |
[10:45] | and you’re a doctor. | 而你是医生 |
[10:46] | You need to treat me, you fat bastard! | 你得治好我 你个死胖子 |
[10:47] | I’ll treat you for a broken jaw. | 你要是下巴断了 我就给你治 |
[10:50] | Would you like to have one? | 要不要先帮你打断它 |
[10:56] | Please. I really hurt. | 求你了 我真的很疼 |
[11:02] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[11:04] | But more than anything, you need to detox. | 但首先 你得去戒毒 |
[11:15] | Court? That kid is hauling us into court? | 上庭 那孩子居然要闹到法庭上去 |
[11:17] | How can he do that? | 他是怎么做到的 |
[11:18] | By hiring an attorney, Buck, | 雇一个律师就行了 巴克 |
[11:20] | and believe me Lawyers make very good haulers, | 相信我 律师都特别能闹腾 |
[11:22] | but right now… | 但现在 |
[11:23] | First of all, the woman’s consent is legally binding. | 首先那位女士的同意书是有法律效力的 |
[11:25] | Now being challenged by the son. | 但现在她儿子提出异议 |
[11:26] | Second, if we do not harvest these organs quickly, | 第二 如果我们不尽快摘取那些器官 |
[11:29] | the viability… | 器官就会失活 |
[11:30] | Which is why we have to go to the courthouse now. | 所以我们必须现在赶去法院 |
[11:33] | So, she’s still hooked up to a machine? | 还是有机器维持她的生命吗 |
[11:35] | Well, Harding’s going to fight the court order, | 哈丁要去上庭抗战 |
[11:37] | while prospective donees are being put on standby. | 同时很多受体患者还在等待 |
[11:39] | It’s absurd. The woman signed a donor card. | 太荒唐了 那女人已经签了器官捐献卡了 |
[11:43] | Hey, I’m… I’m sorry. Hello. | 不好意思 你们好 |
[11:45] | I’m Asher Knox. We, uh, met briefly in the ER. | 我是亚瑟·诺克斯 我们在急诊室见过 |
[11:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:49] | Hi, I’m sorry to bother you, but, um… | 对不起打扰你了 但是 |
[11:51] | that other ER Doctor, | 急诊室另一个医生 |
[11:53] | the big guy, the African-American man, he… | 就是那个挺壮实 非裔男人 他 |
[11:56] | he sort of threw me out. | 他把我赶了出来 |
[11:57] | Dr. Villanueva wouldn’t have turned you away | 如果维兰纽瓦医生认为你需要治疗 |
[11:59] | if he felt you needed treatment, Mr. Knox. | 他肯定不会随便放你出来的 诺克斯先生 |
[12:01] | Well, he… he thinks I need drug treatment. | 他…他觉得我需要药物治疗 |
[12:03] | And, uh, I-I do. | 而且 我确实需要 |
[12:06] | I-I’m addicted to pain medication. | 我对止痛药上瘾 |
[12:08] | And I realize I need to get treatment for that, | 我知道这个问题 我应该去治疗一下 |
[12:10] | but… but right now, I… | 但…但现在 我… |
[12:11] | I just need help, period. | 我需要你帮忙 就这样 |
[12:13] | That Dr. Villa guy or whatever made some calls. | 那个维兰什么的医生打了几通电话 |
[12:18] | And, uh, I can’t go to any more ERs or pharmacies. | 所有的急诊室和药店我都去不了了 |
[12:22] | H-h-he can’t do that. He…he can’t do that. | 他…他怎么能这样 怎么能这么做 |
[12:25] | I mean, I…I could sue you guys. | 我…我可以告你们的 |
[12:26] | Look, we cannot give you drugs, so… | 我们不能给你药 所以… |
[12:28] | But I-I-it’s just… it’s just to ease the pain, please. | 但我只…只是想缓解疼痛 求你了 |
[12:32] | – It’s not that simple. – It is that simple. | -事情没那么简单的 -就那么简单 |
[12:34] | You think I want to be this way? | 你以为我想这样的吗 |
[12:38] | Doctors did this to me. | 都是医生害的我 |
[12:40] | Just… just write me a script. | 只…只要给我开张处方 |
[12:43] | Tide me over for a little bit. | 只要一点点我就能捱过去了 |
[12:44] | – I can’t do that. – Yes, you can! | -我不能那么做 -你可以 |
[13:05] | Tina? | 缇娜 |
[13:08] | Tina? | 缇娜 |
[13:22] | Probable hematoma, subdural epidural, | 可能是硬膜下或硬膜外血肿 |
[13:24] | page Dr. Wilson. | 呼叫威尔逊医生 |
[13:26] | No, check that. Dr. Park. Call Sung. | 不 改一下 是朴医生 叫阿成来 |
[13:29] | Some blood in her mouth. | 她嘴里有血 |
[13:30] | I think it localized. You okay? | 我想应该是局部血肿 你没事吧 |
[13:32] | I’m fine. Breath sounds are clear throughout. | 我没事 呼吸声音很清晰 |
[13:36] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[13:36] | She was attacked, head injury. | 她受到袭击 头部受伤 |
[13:38] | – Tina? – She’s not conscious. | -缇娜 -她失去意识了 |
[13:39] | Pupils? Is she localizing? | 瞳孔呢 她是局部血肿吗 |
[13:40] | Any kind of response at all? | 什么反应都没有吗 |
[13:41] | – We need a CT. – Oh, my God. | -得去拍CT -上帝啊 |
[13:55] | My God. Where is she now? | 上帝啊 她现在情况如何 |
[13:58] | Harding. They just called our case. | 哈丁 叫到我们的案子了 |
[14:00] | Well, should she need surgery, I want Dr. Park to perform. | 如果她需要动手术 让朴医生来执刀 |
[14:03] | You understand? Not Ty Wilson. | 明白吗 不是泰·威尔逊 |
[14:05] | Just keep us informed. | 有事随时联系我 |
[14:06] | We should be back within the hour. | 我们应该能一小时之内回去 |
[14:08] | – Is everything okay? – No. | -一切还好吧 -不好 |
[14:23] | Brain swell. Subdural hematoma. | 脑肿胀 硬膜下血肿 |
[14:25] | Prep surgery now. Let’s go. | 立刻准备手术 走吧 |
[14:27] | Tina? | 缇娜 |
[14:28] | – Tina? – Need take surgery now. | -缇娜 -需要马上手术 |
[14:31] | Brain bleeding. | 脑出血 |
[14:32] | – I’m doing it. – I do. | -我来开 -我来 |
[14:33] | – I said I’m doing it! – Stand down! | -我说我来开 -退下 |
[14:35] | Dr. Wilson. | 威尔逊医生 |
[14:37] | Dr. Park will perform the procedure. | 让朴医生来做这个手术 |
[14:50] | What am I missing here? | 我没漏掉什么吧 |
[14:52] | She’s a registered organ donor. | 她是登记在册的器官捐献者 |
[14:54] | Yes, Your Honor, which would suggest | 是的 法官阁下 这就是说 |
[14:56] | that she agreed to have her organs harvested. | 她同意摘取她的器官 |
[14:59] | But in ascertaining the validity | 但在确认这类协议的 |
[15:01] | and therefore enforceability of any such agreement, | 有效性和强制执行性时 |
[15:03] | we look to see if there was an actual meeting of the minds. | 我们要看其是否符合当事人的意愿 |
[15:07] | – Here, I submit there was none. – Because? | -在这里 我认为不是 -原因 |
[15:10] | Well, there’s no indication that she truly knew | 没有任何迹象表明她明确知道 |
[15:12] | what organ donation even entails. | 器官捐赠意味着什么 |
[15:15] | In fact, most people do not. | 实际上 大部分人都不知道 |
[15:17] | Why? Because they’re simply not told. | 为什么呢 因为没有人告诉他们 |
[15:20] | One almost gets the sense that the less people know, | 一种可能的解释是 知道的人越少 |
[15:23] | perhaps the more likely they are to donate. | 他们就更可能捐出器官 |
[15:25] | Your honor, if I might have a word. Forgive me. | 法官阁下 请允许我说句话 抱歉 |
[15:28] | I don’t mean to forsake any proper court decorum, | 我不是要藐视相关的法庭礼仪 |
[15:31] | but there are lives, innocent lives, | 但有很多生命 无辜的生命 |
[15:34] | hanging in the balance, | 苦苦挣扎 命悬一线 |
[15:35] | and I would hate for those lives | 我为他们感到不平 他们的生命 |
[15:36] | to be hinged on Mr. Tompkins’ talent for brevity. | 会因为汤普金斯先生的三寸不烂之舌而改变 |
[15:40] | And who are you? | 你是哪位 |
[15:40] | Forgive me. My name is Harding Hooten. | 抱歉 我是哈丁·胡顿 |
[15:43] | I’m the Chief of Staff at Chelsea General. | 我是切尔西中心医院的医务主任 |
[15:44] | Excellent! What a splendid idea. | 太棒了 我有个很好的想法 |
[15:47] | Let’s hear directly | 我们直接听听 |
[15:48] | from Chelsea General’s Chief of Staff. | 切尔西中心医院的医务主任怎么说吧 |
[15:50] | We can all learn firsthand about the organ-donation business. | 我们可以获得第一手的器官捐赠资料 |
[15:54] | And in the process, we could even save time. | 与此同时 我们还能节省时间 |
[15:56] | Your honor, might we put Dr. Hooten under oath, | 法官阁下 请先让胡顿医生庄严宣誓 |
[16:00] | in the interest of accuracy? | 以保证他回答的准确性 |
[16:07] | I guess my question would be… | 我的问题是… |
[16:09] | or I should say my assumption… | 或者我应该说我的假设是 |
[16:11] | When a person… say, like my client’s mother… | 当一个人 例如我当事人的母亲 |
[16:13] | checks the “Organ Donor” Box on her | 在她驾照申请上勾选 |
[16:16] | driver’s license application, | 「器官捐赠」选项框时 |
[16:17] | is it made clear to her | 她是否清楚知道 |
[16:18] | that not only her organs may be harvested, | 不仅是她的器官会被摘取 |
[16:21] | but also her skin and her tissue? | 而且还有她的皮肤和组织 |
[16:24] | I really have no idea | 我真的不知道 |
[16:25] | what your client’s mother was specifically told. | 你当事人的母亲清楚知道些什么 |
[16:28] | Here’s the paperwork Mrs. Malloy signed. | 这是马洛伊太太签署的文件 |
[16:31] | Oh, well, it’s actually an application for a driver’s license | 确切地说 这是一份驾照申请书 |
[16:34] | with a little box to check. | 上面有一项小小的勾选框 |
[16:37] | Is there anything in here | 这里有任何告知 |
[16:39] | declaring that her tissue and skin would be harvested? | 她的组织和皮肤都会被摘取的声明吗 |
[16:44] | I believe online there is a section for exclusions… | 我相信网上会查到相关章节说明摘取… |
[16:47] | Ah, you’d have to go online to read it. | 还得上网才能看到啊 |
[16:49] | The reality is most people do not. | 实际情况是 大部分人都不会上网看 |
[16:51] | In fact, there is no way to specify, | 事实上 没有任何办法能明确提出 |
[16:54] | “Do not sell my tissue for cosmetic use.” | 「不要把我的组织用于任何整容行为」 |
[16:58] | Most people, my client’s mother being one of them, | 包括我当事人母亲在内的大部分人 |
[17:01] | simply have no idea that hospitals derive | 根本不知道医院会利用这些组织 |
[17:03] | huge revenues from these tissues, | 牟取惊人的暴利 |
[17:06] | tissues sometimes used for things like penile enlargements, | 有时 这些组织会被用于阴茎增粗手术 |
[17:10] | lip-plumping, wrinkle repair, nose cartilage. | 丰唇 去皱修复 隆鼻 |
[17:13] | You think my client’s mother knowingly agreed | 您觉得我当事人的母亲若明知如此 |
[17:16] | to let her body parts be used posthumously | 还会同意死后捐献遗体以用来 |
[17:18] | to augment a male recreational appendage? | 增大男人寻欢作乐的器官 |
[17:21] | The majority of organs are used for life-saving measures. | 大部分器官都是用来救人性命的 |
[17:24] | – We don’t… – Is it your testimony, doctor, | -我们不会 -这算是你的证词吗 医生 |
[17:26] | that Chelsea General does not use | 你声称切尔西中心医院 |
[17:29] | or sell organ donations for profit? | 并没有出售器官以获取利润 |
[17:32] | Yes, money is made allowing outside companies to harvest… | 是的 盈利的只是允许院外的公司摘取 |
[17:34] | Tissue for cosmetic use? | 用以整形美容的组织 |
[17:37] | Mr. Tompkins, what we are endeavoring to do here today | 汤普金斯先生 我们今天所要做的 |
[17:39] | is to use your client’s mother’s liver and kidneys | 是用您当事人母亲的肝脏和肾脏 |
[17:41] | to save three lives. | 挽救三个人的生命 |
[17:43] | Should you not be able to read that in the form… | 难道您不应当看到这些内容吗 |
[17:45] | Perhaps not, because nowhere in the fine print | 或许你看不到 因为在如此清楚的细则中 |
[17:48] | is it prominently declared that you are a putz. | 并没有特别的条款声明您是白痴 |
[17:51] | It’s my client who feels like a putz today, sir, | 感觉被人当白痴的是我当事人 先生 |
[17:54] | Sitting here as you’re about to | 他母亲将被你们大卸八块去卖钱了 |
[17:56] | carve up his mother for profit. | 他还傻傻地坐在这里 |
[17:58] | Well, then, perhaps you should tell your client | 或许你应该告诉你的当事人 |
[17:59] | that we are using his mother’s body parts to save human life. | 我们是用他母亲的器官拯救别人的生命 |
[18:03] | For someone who lays claim to full disclosure, | 要求别人毫无保留地公开实情 |
[18:05] | why are you throwing up trees | 你为什么还要让他一叶障目 |
[18:06] | to obscure his view of the forest? | 不把所有的实情都告诉他 |
[18:08] | The forest here | 实情就是 |
[18:09] | is the not-so-underground transplant industry | 这样一个近似公开的器官移植产业 |
[18:11] | that reaps millions, if not billions of dollars. | 搜刮了上千万 乃至上亿元的利润 |
[18:14] | – Oh, now you are overstating the case. – It’s a racket. | -你这是夸大其辞 -这是非法的勾当 |
[18:16] | A racket?! | 非法勾当 |
[18:17] | If Mrs. Malloy’s skin graft goes from here to Hoboken | 假使将马洛伊太太的皮肤组织送到霍博肯市 |
[18:21] | to cover a nose burned off a 5-year-old | 为一位鼻子烧伤的5岁男孩做换皮手术 |
[18:24] | to prevent his a life being one of scorn and disfigurement. | 使其能正常生活 而不是因毁容遭人嘲笑 |
[18:28] | That, sir, is not a racket! | 这样的事绝不是什么非法勾当 |
[18:37] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[18:39] | I’m going in there. | 我要进去 |
[18:40] | That’s what I’m doing. She’s my best friend. | 就这样 她是我最好的朋友 |
[18:41] | And should she become unstable, I want to be there. | 如果她情况出现波动 我要在一旁陪她 |
[18:43] | – You got a problem with that? – Nope. | -你有意见吗 -没有 |
[18:48] | Trauma craniotomy. | 开颅手术 |
[18:49] | Evacuate subdural hematoma first, | 首先 清除颅内血肿[硬膜下血肿] |
[18:51] | deal with other injuries later. | 然后再应付其他损伤 |
[18:52] | Her BP’s up and her heart rate’s down. | 她血压很高 心跳较慢 |
[18:53] | Should we give her meds, bring that pressure down, too? | 是否用药物 以降血压 |
[18:55] | No. Kill her. Bring down, dead. | 不行 会害死她 降下来就死 |
[18:57] | – What coags? – Normal. | -化验单结果 -正常 |
[18:58] | CT On monitor? | CT成像 |
[19:00] | Already up. | 已经弄妥了 |
[19:12] | Gee, Sung, take your time. No big rush. | 阿成 慢慢来 别着急 |
[19:14] | You want be here? Be quiet. | 想待这里 就别说话 |
[19:20] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[19:22] | Five seconds. | 五秒钟 |
[19:37] | You wake up. | 你要醒过来 |
[19:39] | You be strong, and you wake up. | 要坚强 你一定要醒过来 |
[19:43] | I love you, Tina. I love you. | 我爱你 缇娜 我爱你 |
[19:48] | You wake up. | 醒过来 |
[20:25] | – Scalpel. – Scalpel. | -手术刀 -手术刀 |
[20:34] | – Forceps. – Forceps. | -镊子 -镊子 |
[20:44] | Drill. | 电钻 |
[21:15] | 4-0 prolene. | 4-0血管缝线 |
[21:46] | No. One voice. | 别 我来说 |
[21:56] | Sit. | 坐 |
[21:58] | Just tell me. | 你就直说吧 |
[22:00] | Sit. | 坐 |
[22:11] | Drain blood. | 清除了淤血 |
[22:12] | Evacuate hematoma, but… | 去除血肿 但是 |
[22:15] | A lot of bleeding. Trauma. | 出了很多血 创伤造成的 |
[22:18] | We keep sedated, wake up slow, help with swelling. | 还在麻醉中 醒得慢有助于减少脑水肿 |
[22:24] | You leave the bone off? | 你没把头盖骨盖上 |
[22:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:28] | She strong. We do everything. | 她很坚强 我们尽力了 |
[22:31] | Now we wait… | 现在要等待 |
[22:34] | Pray. | 祈祷 |
[22:59] | Well, we shouldn’t be here much longer. | 我们这边应该很快就完事了 |
[23:02] | She’s just coming out of surgery. | 她刚做完手术 |
[23:07] | Look. This is a little unorthodox. | 听着 这事儿有点奇怪 |
[23:09] | I’m happy to give the summation, | 要我做结案陈词没问题 |
[23:10] | – but I think we could be in the toilet on this one. – What?! | -但如果我来做可能会搞砸 -什么 |
[23:12] | This is pretty much a straight contract case, | 这其实就是个合同纠纷案 |
[23:14] | and there is a real question as to meeting of the minds. | 而且双方很难达成一致意见 |
[23:16] | Add to that, the benefit of the doubt won’t go to you. | 另外 法官也不太可能会对你们作无罪推定 |
[23:19] | Any ambiguity is construed against the drafter, | 任何含糊的陈述都会被用来对付合同起草者 |
[23:22] | which in this case, is the hospital. | 在本案中 就是医院方面 |
[23:24] | I think our case is stronger if you make it. | 我认为如果你来做陈词会更有说服力 |
[23:26] | Me? | 我 |
[23:27] | Well, it seems I’m the one who delivered us to the commode. | 可好像也是我把咱们害到这一步的吧 |
[23:30] | – I can do it. – That I cannot recommend. | -我来吧 -我觉得不妥 |
[23:33] | I’m sorry, doctor, | 不好意思 医生 |
[23:34] | but your propensity to alienate cannot be overstated. | 不过您那种人鬼勿近的气场真是不敢恭维 |
[23:37] | This is my passion. | 我对这工作满怀热情 |
[23:40] | If there’s anything that… that makes me a good person, | 如果说我身上还存有 一丝善良的人性 |
[23:43] | it’s my commitment to this program. | 那就是我对于这份事业的执着 |
[23:45] | The question becomes, can you communicate that passion | 问题是你能将这份热情传递给法官吗 |
[23:47] | without making the judge hate you? | 同时还不会招致法官的厌恶 |
[23:48] | Maybe not. But if he’s a good judge, | 也许不能 但如果他是个好法官 |
[23:50] | he’ll rule on the issue, not on my personality. | 他会对事不对人 做出公正裁决 |
[23:53] | – I know this issue. – Yeah, very good. | -这方面我很了解 -很好 |
[23:58] | Okay, Buck. The ball is in your hands. | 好吧 巴克 那就交给你了 |
[24:20] | Is there anything… that I could do? | 我能为你做些什么吗 |
[24:32] | No. | 没有 |
[24:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:42] | I know this is hardly the time, but… | 我知道现在不该说这些话 但是 |
[24:47] | in moments like these, truths reveal themselves, you know? | 在这种时刻 事实总是这么不言自明 |
[24:52] | When you ask if there’s anything you can do… | 在你问我 你能做些什么的时候 |
[25:00] | …there really isn’t. | 你真的做不了什么 |
[25:06] | There should be, you know? | 真应该有的 不是吗 |
[25:09] | My best friend is lying comatose. | 我最好的朋友现在昏迷不醒 |
[25:22] | Sitting here right now, I’d… | 现在坐在这儿 我还是… |
[25:27] | I’d rather be alone. | 我还是想一个人待着 |
[25:59] | Are you kidding me?! Did you give him this?! | 开什么玩笑 这是你给他的吗 |
[26:01] | He was thirsty. He doesn’t feel well. | 他渴了 他觉得不舒服 |
[26:03] | He doesn’t feel well because of all the sugary drinks | 他不舒服就是因为你让他喝这些含糖饮料 |
[26:06] | and fatty foods that he’s been allowed to… | 还让他吃那些高脂肪食品 |
[26:08] | This is his problem! | 这就是问题所在 |
[26:11] | And so are you! | 你也是 |
[26:12] | Hey, lady, lay off my grandma. | 女士 离我奶奶远点儿 |
[26:13] | Lay off? Y-you need to lay off crap like this! | 远点儿 你该离这些垃圾远点儿 |
[26:16] | This will give you another heart attack! | 这玩意儿会让你的心脏病再次发作 |
[26:18] | And if I can’t get that through your head, | 如果你再把我的话当耳旁风 |
[26:19] | I will take it up with child services. | 我会上报儿童福利保护署 |
[26:21] | In fact, that’s the best idea I’ve had all day. | 这是我今天想到的最好的主意 |
[26:30] | The ethical thing would have been for my client’s mother | 所谓道德应该就是告知我当事人的母亲 |
[26:33] | to be told that her body parts, upon her death, | 她的身体器官 在她死后 |
[26:36] | would be used to derive revenue for the hospital, | 会被用来为医院牟取利润 |
[26:39] | whether or not they saved lives. | 无论有没有拯救生命 |
[26:41] | The honest thing would be to tell people | 所谓诚实应该就是告诉人们 |
[26:44] | that even while there’s a ban on organ sales in this country, | 即使器官买卖在这个国家是被明令禁止的 |
[26:47] | there’s nothing to stop the hospitals from | 却依然无法阻止医院 |
[26:49] | selling tissues and parts to other countries, | 一如既往地 向其他国家 |
[26:52] | which they routinely do. | 贩卖器官和组织 |
[26:54] | Your honor, this practice is not | 法官阁下 器官移植的流程 |
[26:56] | nearly as transparent as it needs to be, | 并不像它该有的那样透明 |
[27:00] | which can only cause people to distrust the program | 这只会让人们不信任这一体系 |
[27:04] | and result in fewer organ donations being made. | 并导致器官捐献量减少 |
[27:07] | And that will cost lives. | 而这将付出生命的代价 |
[27:11] | Human life. | 活生生的人命 |
[27:15] | That’s right up there with profit, isn’t it? | 但利润堪比人命 不是吗 |
[27:25] | I’m Dr. Buck Tierney, | 我是巴克·蒂尔尼医生 |
[27:26] | Chief of Transplantation at Chelsea General. | 切尔西中心医院 器官移植中心主任 |
[27:29] | Your honor, we charge for a lot of things. | 法官阁下 我们对很多东西收费 |
[27:31] | Bad food in the cafeteria, the parking. | 餐厅里难吃的食物 停车位 |
[27:34] | And we definitely make money on cosmetic surgery, | 我们确实靠整容手术盈利 |
[27:38] | some of which makes use of tissue and skin | 其中有些手术会取用 |
[27:41] | harvested at the time of organ donation. | 器官捐献者的皮肤和组织 |
[27:44] | But at our core, we are nonprofit. | 但在本质上 我们是非盈利的 |
[27:48] | And at our core, we are about healing and saving lives. | 在本质上 我们的宗旨是救死扶伤 |
[27:52] | But you do also profit from some of these donations? | 但你们同时也通过捐献的器官而获利 |
[27:55] | We recover expenses. | 我们要弥补花销 |
[27:56] | Why not just be transparent? | 为什么不能将这些透明化呢 |
[27:58] | Wouldn’t that make much more sense? | 那不是更合乎道理吗 |
[28:00] | Well, it might. | 是的 也许会 |
[28:02] | It might, Your Honor, but this whole… | 也许会 法官阁下 但这整个 |
[28:04] | this whole endeavor is dependent on the human spirit, | 整个流程都是建立在人文精神 |
[28:06] | on the proclivity of people who want to help their fellow man. | 人们乐于帮助同类的天性的基础上 |
[28:09] | There is a fear that were we to publicize the reality | 我们担心如果我们公布了 |
[28:13] | that we do on occasion sell harvested tissue, | 我们有时会摘取组织进行出售的这一事实 |
[28:15] | people might be less inclined to want to donate. | 也许人们就会不那么愿意捐献了 |
[28:18] | But isn’t that exactly Mr. Tompkins’ point? | 但这不正是汤普金斯先生的重点吗 |
[28:20] | Whatever point Mr. Tompkins made | 汤普金斯先生的重点都被埋没在 |
[28:23] | is buried in his demonizing of our program, sir, | 他对捐献流程妖魔化曲解中了 先生 |
[28:25] | and I reject that. | 我对此不敢苟同 |
[28:26] | We are not in the transplant business | 我们致力于器官移植事业 |
[28:28] | because it is big money… We just are not. | 不是因为其利润丰厚 不是这样 |
[28:31] | To suggest that it is | 那样的评价 |
[28:32] | is as cynical as it is vile, Your Honor. | 是偏激而且卑劣的 法官阁下 |
[28:35] | Now, I could parade before you hundreds… | 我能为您列出数以百计 |
[28:38] | well, thousands of people… | 甚至数以千计的人 |
[28:39] | who are alive today because of the gift of a transplant. | 他们接受了器官移植才活到今天 |
[28:42] | Right now, worldwide, the number approaches one million. | 在世界范围内 这个数字正在接近一百万 |
[28:46] | It’s one million people, Your Honor. | 那可是一百万人 法官阁下 |
[28:49] | And right now, there are hundreds of thousands of people waiting. | 而此时此刻 有无数人正在苦苦等待 |
[28:51] | They’re desperate for an organ that may prevent their death. | 他们渴求着能获得器官 救其性命 |
[28:54] | Their only hope is this program. | 他们唯一的希望就是这个计划 |
[28:56] | And to think that this hope of theirs might get squashed. | 现在看来他们的这个希望也可能破灭 |
[28:59] | Why? People like Mr. Tompkins who vilify the… | 为什么 汤普金斯先生这种人的恶意中伤 |
[29:05] | Right now, young man, | 小伙子 此时此刻 |
[29:06] | there’s a father of two in our hospital. | 我们医院里有一位两个孩子的父亲 |
[29:09] | His liver has failed, and he is dying. | 他的肝脏不行了 生命垂危 |
[29:13] | He is dying. | 他就要死了 |
[29:20] | Your mother’s liver is a perfect match. | 你母亲的肝脏对他来说非常匹配 |
[29:24] | There’s also a 7-year-old boy and a 5-year-old girl, | 还有一个7岁的男孩和一个5岁的女孩 |
[29:26] | and they are desperately praying | 他们正在拼命地祈祷 |
[29:27] | that their father receives your mother’s organ. | 祈求他们的父亲能得到你母亲的器官 |
[29:31] | I… never met your mom, son. | 孩子 我跟你母亲素昧平生 |
[29:35] | Perhaps she’d want to answer these prayers. | 也许她愿意答应他们的祈求 |
[29:40] | Perhaps not. | 也许不愿意 |
[30:06] | – Anything? – No. | -有消息吗 -没有 |
[30:08] | She just came off the thiopental, so… | 她刚刚停用硫喷妥钠[麻醉剂] |
[30:12] | We’re just waiting for her to wake up. | 我们现在只等她醒来 |
[30:15] | Any signs of that? | 有醒来的迹象吗 |
[30:18] | No. | 没有 |
[30:20] | Well, at least they caught the punk who did this, | 至少警方已经抓到了那个混蛋凶手 |
[30:23] | if that matters. | 聊以慰藉吧 |
[30:27] | Tina? | 缇娜 |
[30:31] | Do you know who this is talking to you now? | 你知道现在是谁在跟你讲话吗 |
[30:34] | This is the Big Cat standing here. | 站在这里讲话的是你家虎爷 |
[30:36] | I need you to wake up, okay? | 我需要你醒过来 听到了吗 |
[30:40] | My ER is undermanned. I got patients. | 我的急诊室现在缺人 我有好多患者 |
[30:43] | So, I need you to wake up | 所以我需要你醒来 |
[30:45] | and get your ass down to the ER ASAP. | 然后马上给我到急诊室去 |
[30:48] | You feel me? | 听到了吗 |
[30:55] | Do you feel me? | 你听到了吗 |
[31:11] | Let me know. | 有消息就告诉我 |
[31:18] | Okay, it seems to me, the best solution here | 在我看来 最好的解决方案就是 |
[31:21] | would be to let the decedent’s organs | 允许医院以拯救生命为目的 |
[31:23] | be used for life-saving purposes, | 使用死者的器官 |
[31:25] | but to exclude her skin and tissue | 但不得将她的皮肤和组织 |
[31:28] | from being utilized for cosmetic reasons. | 用于为美容而进行的移植手术 |
[31:31] | Mr. Malloy, does that seem fair? | 马洛伊先生 你看这样公平吗 |
[31:42] | Uh, no. | 不 |
[31:43] | No? May I ask why? | 不 我可以问为什么吗 |
[31:49] | I-I think my mother would be very angry at these people. | 我觉得我母亲会对这些人很愤怒 |
[31:52] | She would be very angry. | 她会非常愤怒 |
[31:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:57] | She got knocked down by a skateboarder. | 她被一个玩滑板的人撞倒 |
[32:00] | Then she goes to Chelsea General, | 然后她去了切尔西中心医院 |
[32:01] | a hospital that’s supposed to s– | 这家医院本应该救… |
[32:05] | And they didn’t save her. | 但他们并没有救她 |
[32:08] | They did nothing. | 他们什么都没做 |
[32:12] | Things are not fair. | 这一点都不公平 |
[32:16] | They did nothing. | 他们什么都没做 |
[32:20] | She was my best friend. | 她是我最好的朋友 |
[32:23] | We spoke every single day. | 我们每天都会聊天谈心 |
[32:24] | You just want to use her to save other people? | 你们现在却只想用她去救别人 |
[32:26] | Where was anyone to save her? | 那救她的人都在哪儿呢 |
[32:29] | You’ve every right to be angry, Mr. Malloy. | 马洛伊先生 你的气愤完全可以理解 |
[32:33] | And your mother certainly would be entitled to such anger. | 你的母亲也完全有理由表达出这种愤怒 |
[32:37] | But would she wish this to be her final legacy? | 但她会希望这是她留下的最后遗产吗 |
[32:57] | How many hours since the surgery? | 手术结束几个小时了 |
[32:58] | Anybody keeping count? | 有人计时吗 |
[32:59] | Five hours. | 五个小时 |
[33:07] | She’s taken care of every one of us. | 她曾经帮助过我们所有人 |
[33:11] | Pulled us all through various crises. | 帮我们渡过各种难关 |
[33:19] | Are you kidding me? Now? | 开什么玩笑 现在 |
[33:22] | It’s 10 o’clock at night. | 现在是晚上十点 |
[33:57] | Harding, come on. Now? | 哈丁 拜托 现在吗 |
[33:59] | Please take your seat, Dr. Villanueva. | 请找座位坐下 维兰纽瓦医生 |
[34:03] | Dr. Tierney. How did it go? | 蒂尔尼医生 情况怎么样 |
[34:06] | Fine. We took only liver and kidneys. | 还好 我们只取了肝脏和肾脏 |
[34:09] | The son seems…okay. | 她儿子看起来也还好 |
[34:13] | Right. | 好了 |
[34:15] | Let’s get started, shall we? Dr. Napur. | 我们开始吧 各位 纳普尔医生 |
[34:20] | Join us, please. | 请到前面来 |
[34:25] | Tell us about Darryl Fisher, would you? | 请你为大家介绍一下达瑞尔·费舍尔吧 |
[34:30] | Darryl Fisher, 16, | 达瑞尔·费舍尔 16岁 |
[34:32] | heart attack on his high-school campus. | 在高中校园里突发心脏病 |
[34:34] | Injury to the interior wall, | 心内壁受损 |
[34:35] | obstruction in the right coronary artery. | 右冠状动脉阻塞 |
[34:38] | Cardiac output mildly reduced. | 心输出量轻度减少 |
[34:39] | I put in a stent, patient is recovering well in his room. | 我给他放了支架 患者在病房恢复良好 |
[34:42] | Well done, Dr. Napur. Did you do anything else? | 很好 纳普尔医生 你还做了些什么 |
[34:46] | Perhaps file a neglect claim against the patient’s caretaker? | 有没有举报患者的监护人说她疏于照管 |
[34:53] | I reported the grandmother to child services. Yeah, I did. | 我是向儿童福利保护署举报了他祖母 没错 |
[34:56] | She was feeding the kid crap. | 她给孩子吃各种垃圾食物 |
[34:58] | She brought him a giant frozen drink right here in this hospital. | 她甚至在医院里给他买了一杯超大号冰镇饮料 |
[35:01] | You reported the patient’s grandmother, | 你向政府部门举报了患者的祖母 |
[35:03] | his primary and only caretaker, | 他主要且唯一的监护人 |
[35:06] | to the authorities and accused her of child abuse. | 指责她虐待儿童 |
[35:11] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[35:13] | As a cardiothoracic surgeon, | 作为一名心胸外科医生 |
[35:14] | I happen to be on the front lines. | 我正好奋战在临床一线 |
[35:16] | The estimated cost of obesity-related illness | 用于治疗肥胖相关疾病的花费 |
[35:18] | is over $190 billion. | 预计将超过1900亿美元 |
[35:21] | Heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer… | 心脏病 中风 糖尿病 癌症 |
[35:23] | All the leading causes of preventable deaths. | 这些都是导致可预防死亡的致死病因 |
[35:25] | And where are we on this? | 我们对此又是什么态度呢 |
[35:26] | The medical community just sits back silently. | 整个医学界都在冷眼旁观 |
[35:28] | It’s tantamount to malpractice. | 这无异于医疗事故 |
[35:30] | We’re supposed to be doctors, for God’s sake. | 上帝啊 我们本应有医者仁心 |
[35:32] | Where is the outrage?! I’m sick of it! | 你们都不气愤吗 我受够了 |
[35:36] | And if I have to start ratting out grandmothers | 如果非得通过举报那些祖母 |
[35:38] | to send a wake-up call, I will do it. | 才能给她们敲响警钟 我在所不辞 |
[35:40] | So, you’re not just a doctor now. | 看来你现在不只是医生了 |
[35:41] | You’re a de facto state agent, | 您还成了政府官员 |
[35:44] | fully vested with police powers. | 手握大权霸气十足呢 |
[35:46] | I’m a doctor who is willing to take whatever steps necessary… | 我是医生 我愿意进行一切必要尝试 |
[35:49] | and suppose Child Services decides to intervene? | 比如让儿童福利保护署介入 |
[35:52] | Why the hell are we here right now?! | 我们为什么在这时候来这里 |
[35:54] | It is 10:00 at night. | 现在是晚上十点 |
[35:55] | Why are you calling this meeting now?! | 你为什么现在召集开会 |
[35:57] | You have somewhere to go, Dr. Napur? | 你要去哪儿吗 纳普尔医生 |
[36:00] | You have a date? | 有约会吗 |
[36:08] | Harding, somebody I love very dearly | 哈丁 我深爱的一个人 |
[36:11] | is lying in a hospital bed. | 现在正躺在病床上 |
[36:13] | A lot of people in this room… | 这屋子里有很多人 |
[36:17] | That you would see fit to call this meeting at this time is… | 你觉得在这时候召集开会很合适… |
[36:20] | Are we supposed to suspend operations in this hospital now? | 难道要暂停医院的运转吗 |
[36:23] | Why can’t it wait until tomorrow?! | 就不能等到明天吗 |
[36:24] | – Because maybe now is the best time. – Why? | -因为也许现在是最好的时间 -为什么 |
[36:26] | If for no other reason, to keep ourselves occupied. | 没别的原因 就是为了让我们忙起来 |
[36:29] | To keep ourselves occupied?! | 让我们忙起来 |
[36:31] | – Yes! – Are you kidding me?! | -是的 -你开什么玩笑 |
[36:36] | That’s what people do. | 因为这是该做的事情 |
[36:41] | Occupy ourselves. It’s what people do, Dr. Napur. | 让自己忙起来 这是这样 纳普尔医生 |
[36:49] | When loved ones lay… | 当深爱的人倒下 |
[36:52] | potentially dying. | 甚至可能会死 |
[36:57] | And there’s nothing we can do, we… | 我们无能为力 我们… |
[37:02] | We occupy ourselves. | 只能让自己忙起来 |
[37:25] | Your notifying Child Services, | 你报告儿童福利保护署 |
[37:29] | alleging child endangerment against a grandmother | 以危害儿童罪 指称一位竭尽全力 |
[37:33] | who’s trying her best to rai… | 抚养孙子的祖母 |
[37:35] | You grossly overstepped your authority, Dr. Napur. | 纳普尔医生 你这样不仅是严重的越权 |
[37:39] | And in my opinion, your human dignity. | 在我看来 你也辱没了自己的人格尊严 |
[37:44] | As causes go, child obesity is a very serious one, | 儿童肥胖确实是一严重的致病因素 |
[37:48] | but the manner in which… | 但处理这种事的方法 |
[38:04] | Approximately, uh, six minutes ago… | 大概 六分钟前 |
[38:09] | Dr. Tina Ridgeway…woke up. | 缇娜·里奇韦医生 醒了 |
[38:14] | She, um… | 她 |
[38:16] | She held my hand. | 她抓住了我的手 |
[38:17] | She squeezed my hand when I asked her to. | 她按照我的要求 握紧了我的手 |
[38:22] | She… she said “Hello.” | 她…她还说了「你好」 |
[38:24] | Language skills intact. | 语言能力未受损 |
[39:16] | You look horrible. | 你看起来真丑 |
[39:18] | So do you. What’s your excuse? | 你也是 你又是因为什么呢 |
[39:24] | Don’t you ever do this to me again. | 你不准再这样对我了 |
[39:27] | I’ll try not to. | 我尽力吧 |
[39:31] | Oh, no, you don’t. This is an ICU. | 不行 不能进了 这里是重症监护室 |
[39:33] | There’s no more than two people in here at a time. | 每次探视不能多于两个人 |
[39:35] | – Gladys, it’s okay. – Not with me, it isn’t. | -格拉黛丝 没关系 -我不同意 |
[39:36] | I don’t care that you’re doctors… | 我不在乎你们医生 |
[39:38] | Gladys. Pick your battles. | 格拉黛丝 打架也得看对手 |
[39:43] | Uh, how’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[39:47] | Everybody quiet. Need examine. | 全体安静 需要检查 |
[39:52] | Hey, Sung. I guess I owe you. | 阿成 我欠你一条命 |
[39:54] | Quiet. No talk. | 安静 别说话 |
[39:55] | Uh, don’t want to check my language skills? | 不想检查一下我的语言能力吗 |
[39:58] | It was the left side of my brain. | 受伤的部位在我的左脑呢 |
[40:00] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[40:01] | Who me? Who you? | 我是谁 你是谁 |
[40:04] | At the moment, I’m feeling a little like Dorothy. | 我现在感觉有点像桃乐茜[绿野仙踪] |
[40:07] | Got knocked out, hit on the head, | 脑门挨了一拳 昏了过去 |
[40:10] | Only to wake up surrounded by everyone I love. | 醒来之后 身边围绕着的都是我爱的人 |
[40:17] | She fine. Need rest. | 她没事了 需要休息 |
[40:20] | Yeah, sounds good. | 太好了 |
[40:22] | I’m kind of tired. | 我有点累 |
[40:24] | Well, let’s let her rest. | 咱们让她好好休息吧 |
[40:26] | No. I like it that you’re all here. | 别 我喜欢你们留在这里 |
[40:30] | Just let me just close my eyes for a sec. | 让我眯一会儿就行 |
[40:34] | Don’t go. | 别走 |
[40:38] | 本剧剧终 感谢观看 谨以此片致敬所有奋战在一线的医务工作者 | |
[40:53] | She’s really…? | 她真的… |
[40:54] | Yes. Recover. Fine. | 是的 会痊愈 没事了 |
[41:02] | Amen. Eh, brother? | 阿门 兄弟 |
[41:05] | Indeed. | 的确 |