时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[00:08] | You oughta be wearin’ a wire. | 你应该带上窃听器 |
[00:10] | Oh, listen, Leland, | 噢 听着Leland |
[00:12] | we don’t even know what he’s got. | 我们还不知道他掌握了什么 |
[00:14] | Well, look, maybe I should hang and watch your back. | 看着 可能我应该帮你放哨 |
[00:16] | Oh, come on. You worry too much. | 噢 来吧 你担心得太多啦 |
[00:18] | You always did. | 你经常都是这样的 |
[00:20] | Leland | Leland, go home. |
[00:21] | Get some sleep. Past your bedtime. | 回家吧好好得睡一觉 |
[00:23] | Look, Adam, could you do me a favor? | 睡醒就没事了 看 Adam你可以帮我一个忙吗? |
[00:25] | Yeah. | 可以吗? 在公共场合 |
[00:26] | When we’re in public you call me “captain”, okay? | 可以吗? 在公共场合 你叫我队长可以吗? |
[00:29] | Oh, I’m sorry, captain. | 噢对不起队长 |
[00:32] | Still can’t say it without laughin’. | 我还是忍不住笑 |
[01:00] | How about a photo? | 来张照片怎么样? |
[01:01] | Here’s your ticket. You can pick it up when you leave. | 这是你的票你走的时候把它带走 |
[01:04] | No thanks. | 不用了谢谢 |
[01:16] | John Gitomer? | 你是John? |
[01:18] | You Kirk? | 你是John? 你是Kirk? |
[01:21] | Somethin’ you wanna tell me? | 你有些事情要告诉我吗? |
[01:22] | No, no, no. I said I had something to sell you. | 不不不 我说我有个消息要卖给你 |
[01:25] | Oh, okay, what? | 噢好的什么事情? |
[01:27] | Shipment of purple haze, 10,000 tabs. | 紫雾出货10000件 |
[01:30] | I know where, I know when, I know who. | 我知道在哪在什么时候谁交货 |
[01:32] | You interested? | 你有兴趣吗? |
[01:33] | If it’s righteous, I’m interested. | 如果这是正确的我会有兴趣 |
[01:35] | – Okay, but not here. – No, this is fine. | 好的不过不是在这里 不就这样 嘿嘿 |
[01:37] | Hey, hey. | 不就这样 嘿嘿 |
[01:38] | Hey, get your hands off me, man. | 嘿放开你的手 |
[01:40] | Listen, do you got a problem? | 听着 你有麻烦 |
[01:45] | – I can’t talk here. – Why not? | 我不能在这里说 为什么不呢? |
[01:48] | Up there. | 到上面去 |
[01:51] | I don’t think so. | 不 我可不想 |
[01:52] | Who told you to call me? | 谁叫你打电话给我的? |
[01:54] | I’ll tell you up there. | 去那里我会告诉你的 |
[01:56] | – No, who gave you my name? – See ya. | 不 谁告诉你我的名字? 我会在那里跟你见面的 |
[02:20] | Hey, somebody call the cops! | 嘿 找人帮我叫警察 |
[02:23] | Hey, this guy’s tryin’ to kill me. | 嘿 这家伙想杀我 |
[02:26] | – What are you yellin’ about? – For God’s sake, stop the ride! | 你大呼小叫的为了什么? 嘿 看在上帝的份上 停下来吧 |
[02:29] | Hey pal… | 他要杀我 |
[02:30] | – He’s killing me! – Calm down. | 他要杀我 你要冷静下来 |
[02:32] | – He’s trying to kill me! – What are you yellin’ about? | 他要杀我 你在说什么? |
[02:34] | – Hey, help! – Cut it out. | 停下来 嘿 救命 |
[02:36] | Calm down. | 嘿 |
[02:37] | Somebody call the cops! | 冷静下来 |
[02:39] | What? I’m not… | 什么?我不是 |
[02:40] | He’s trying to kill me! | 嘿 他想杀我 |
[02:41] | – Stop it! – Stop the ride! | 停下来 |
[02:43] | Stop the wheel. | 停 |
[02:44] | Let me off. | 让我下来 |
[02:47] | You’re sick, buddy. | 你这个变态的人 |
[02:48] | Police officer, step back. | 你这个变态的人 警察退后 |
[02:50] | Everything’s all right. | 一切都很好 |
[02:52] | What did you do? | 你做了什么? |
[02:54] | Guy just jumped that guy. | |
[02:55] | Somebody call 911. | 请哪位帮忙报警 |
[02:57] | I didn’t do nothin’. I was… | 我什么也没做 |
[03:58] | Lt. Adam Kirk is, of course, | 探员Adam |
[04:00] | no stranger to controversy. | Kirk绝对不是初犯 |
[04:01] | Six years ago he was suspended for using excessive… | 六年前他曾被怀疑滥用武力 |
[04:04] | Have you been drinking? | 你喝过酒? |
[04:05] | I don’t know… a taste. | 我不知道只是品尝一下 |
[04:07] | Amphetamines, anything? | 吃过安非他明?有什么事吗? |
[04:08] | They’re gonna want a blood test. | 他们想要进行血液测试 |
[04:09] | Bring it on. | 随便吧 |
[04:11] | And he was in the news again recently | 他最近又上新闻了 |
[04:13] | when alleged killer Leonard Stokes | 疑凶Leonard告他身为警察使用暴力 |
[04:15] | accused him of police brutality. | |
[04:17] | – Captain, we got to… – Give me 30 seconds, all right? | 队长 我们得 给我30秒时间好吗? |
[04:20] | All right. | 好吗?内务部会把你搞得很麻烦 |
[04:22] | Internal Affairs is gonna try to rip you apart. | 好吗?内务部会把你搞得很麻烦 |
[04:24] | Well, they’ve been tryin’ for years. | 他们一直在干这事 |
[04:26] | Look, Adam, is there somethin’ you wanna tell me? | Adam 有些事你是不是得先告诉我? |
[04:28] | He pulled a knife? | 他是不是拔出刀 你们干了一架 |
[04:30] | There was a fight, it was either you or him? | 不是你死就是他亡? Leland |
[04:31] | Leland, Leland, I never touched him. | Leland 我根本没有碰过他 |
[04:34] | There were bruises on his chest. | 他的胸口有淤伤 |
[04:36] | Well, he must’ve stuck himself. | 好 他一定是自己打自己 |
[04:38] | He stuck himself? | 他自己打自己? |
[04:41] | All right, look, from this point forward, | 关于这点 |
[04:43] | you don’t say anything. | 你什么都别说 |
[04:44] | – Mm-hmm. – No, you don’t speak English. | 恩 不 你应该什么都别说 |
[04:46] | I’m gonna call Sam Dwyer from PPA | 我会打电话给内务部的Sam |
[04:48] | – and he’ll send somebody over. – Leland, I never touched him. | 他会派其他人来 Leland我根本没有碰过他 |
[04:51] | Not a word. | 什么都别说 |
[04:52] | I’ll talk to you later. | 我迟点再跟你说 |
[04:54] | – Captain. – All right. | 我迟点再跟你说 队长 |
[04:57] | Paul? | 好的 我们走 |
[05:00] | Well, he was stabbed in the aorta. | 他被刺伤了大动脉 |
[05:02] | He was gone before he hit the ground. | 到医院之前就死掉了 |
[05:05] | – Self defense? – Maybe. | 自卫? |
[05:07] | What about the bruises? | 可能吧 那淤伤又怎样呢? |
[05:09] | There was a fight, that’s all I know. | 应该是跟人发生了打斗 我知道的就这么多 |
[05:10] | When I get him down to my beauty parlor, I’ll know a little more. | 尸体送到验尸房 我检验过后 会知道多一点的 |
[05:13] | Thanks, Paul. | 谢谢Paul |
[05:15] | All right, I need the lab to run the knife | 好的 |
[05:17] | – as soon as possible. – Yes, sir. | 我需要实验室尽早化验那把小刀 |
[05:19] | And I need Adam charged and booked. | 好的 我们得逮捕Adam 得给他录口供 |
[05:21] | Have Parko do that. | 叫Parco去做 |
[05:25] | What am I supposed to do? | 我应该做什么呢? |
[05:27] | Two guys go up alone, one of ’em comes out dead. | 两个单独上去下来时其中一个死了 |
[05:29] | What do you want me to do? | 你想我做些什么呢? |
[05:32] | Captain, what about Monk? | 队长 Monk呢 |
[05:34] | He might see something that we’re not seeing. | 他可能看见一些我们看不见的事情 |
[05:35] | Monk is no good to anybody right now. | Monk不会比其他人好 |
[05:37] | He’s going before the review board tomorrow. | 他明天要去复职面试 |
[05:39] | You know how he gets when he’s under pressure. | 你知道他在压力之下会怎么样的 |
[05:42] | He’s gonna be a basket case tomorrow. | 明天他将会有一堆事情要做 |
[05:44] | Former detective Monk, | 前探员Monk我们看过你的档案 |
[05:46] | we’ve been reviewing your file | |
[05:48] | which includes a statement from your psychiatrist, Dr. Kroger. | 里面有你的心理医生Kooger的报告 |
[05:51] | Now he says you’re still obsessed | 现在他说你仍被你的妻子被杀所困扰 |
[05:53] | with the murder of your wife to the point | |
[05:55] | where you are emotionally paralyzed. | 在这点上你麻痹自己 |
[05:57] | Do you agree? | 你同意吗? |
[05:58] | Well, she was my wife. | 她曾经是我的妻子 |
[06:01] | You can understand. | 你应该明白 |
[06:03] | It’s not just another case. | 那是 那是另一个案子 |
[06:06] | – How’s that investigation going? – We’re stalled. | 调查进行得怎么样? |
[06:08] | Frankly, it’s a dead end. | 已经停止调查了 老实说 已经结束 |
[06:09] | However, there is some good news. | 老实说 已经结束 不管怎么说还是有一些好消息 |
[06:12] | Kroger says that, uh, you’ve been showing some significant progress | Kooger说你在另一些方面 |
[06:15] | in some of your other problems. | 恢复得很好 |
[06:16] | Yes, I’ve been working hard. | 是的我很努力 |
[06:18] | Since your suspension, you’ve been working as a private investigator. | 自停职后 |
[06:21] | Is that right? | 你做了一个私家侦探 对不对? |
[06:27] | Well, it hasn’t made me rich. | 这没有令我变得富裕 |
[06:29] | But, you know, it’s what I do. | 但是你知道 这就是我所做的 |
[06:32] | It’s what you do. | – 这是你所做的? |
[06:34] | I like that. | – 我喜欢这工作 |
[06:36] | You feel that you’re ready to do what you do for us again? | 你认为你准备好再次为我们工作了吗? |
[06:40] | I mean, officially? | 我的意思是正式的? |
[06:42] | I think I’m ready. | 我想我准备好了 |
[06:44] | As you know, I’ve been doing some consulting work for the department. | 你知道的我曾经为一些部门做顾问工作 |
[06:47] | Yes, on eight occasions. It’s very impressive. | 是的 8桩办得非常漂亮的案子 |
[06:51] | Although, isn’t it true, Mr. Monk, that on more than one occasion, | 虽然这些都做的很好 |
[06:53] | your phobias have hindered the investigation? | Monk先生 但你的恐惧症不止一次困扰了你的调查 |
[06:55] | For example, | 比如说去年二月 |
[06:56] | last February your fear of heights | |
[06:59] | allowed a suspect in San Anselmo to escape. | 因为你的恐高症使一个嫌疑犯逃跑了 |
[07:01] | Well, no officer is without fear of some kind. | 没有一个警察是什么都不怕的 |
[07:05] | That’s true. We all accept that. | 没错 |
[07:06] | As long as those fears don’t interfere | 可以接受 |
[07:08] | with the performance of his duties. | 只要这些恐惧不会干扰到你的职责 |
[07:10] | We’ll be making a formal recommendation | 我们会在周末给你一封正式的推荐信 |
[07:12] | by the end of the week. | |
[07:14] | We have to speak with two or three more people. | 在此之前 我们还会找两个或三个人谈谈 |
[07:16] | Including Captain Leland Stottlemeyer. | 包括Leland队长 |
[07:18] | Captain Stottlemeyer? | Leland队长他身为你的上司多年 |
[07:20] | As your commanding officer for years his testimony is crucial. | Leland队长他身为你的上司多年 他的证词非常重要 |
[07:24] | Thank you for coming in. | 谢谢你的能来 |
[07:30] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[07:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:34] | Thank you very much. | 非常谢谢 |
[07:35] | We’ll reconvene tomorrow at 5:00. | 明天5点我们再见 |
[07:42] | How’d it go? | 进行得怎样? |
[07:44] | It went great. | 一切顺利 |
[07:46] | I was amazing. | 我真是太棒了 |
[07:48] | – I was Fred Astaire. – Yes, yes! | 是的 是的 我表现得很好 |
[07:50] | Did you remember to bite the tip of your tongue to help you focus? | 你记不记得你咬你的舌尖使你自己集中精神? |
[07:53] | I bit the tip of my tongue. | 我咬自己的舌尖 |
[07:55] | I was great. Get in the car. | |
[07:57] | – What are you doing? – I’m driving, get in the car. | 太棒了 上车吧 你要干吗? 我来开车 上车吧 |
[08:00] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不能 |
[08:04] | Sharona, they could be watching me right now | Sharona 他们很可能正从窗户那边 |
[08:06] | from the… don’t look… from the window right now. | 监视着我 不要看 |
[08:08] | – Don’t look. – So what? | 不要看 不要看 |
[08:10] | So I can’t let them see you driving me. | 那又怎样? 所以我不能让他们看见你载着我 |
[08:12] | I’d look like an invalid. | 我看起来像个残废的 |
[08:14] | So get in the car. | 上车吧 |
[08:16] | No. | 不 |
[08:18] | Get in the car. | 上车吧 |
[08:21] | Will you get in the car? | 上车好吗? |
[08:25] | Do you even know how to drive? | 你懂得怎样驾驶吗? |
[08:27] | Yes, I know how to drive. | 是的 我懂得怎样驾驶 |
[08:30] | I’ve never seen you. | 我从没见过你开车 |
[08:32] | Well, there’s about 15 things that I can do | 我从没见过你开车 |
[08:34] | that you’ve never seen me do. | 大概有十五件事我会做但是你没见过我做 |
[08:35] | – Like what? – Drive, I can drive. | 例如呢? 例如开车 |
[08:38] | Get in the car. | 我会开 上车吧 |
[08:39] | Don’t… They’re not watching you. | 不要 |
[08:41] | Look, what are you doing looking? | 他们没有在看 看你在做什么? |
[08:43] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[08:44] | Do you even have a license? | 你有驾驶执照吗? |
[08:46] | Of course I have a license. | 你有驾驶执照吗? 我当然有驾驶执照 |
[08:47] | Is it valid? | 是不是有效的驾照啊? |
[08:49] | You know what? I’m gonna show it to you | 你知道是什么吗?我会给你看的 |
[08:51] | in the car. | 在车里 |
[08:52] | I just put in a new $1,200 transmission. | 我刚为修车1200元 |
[08:54] | I’m not gonna wreck your precious transmission. | 我不会弄坏你的爱车的 |
[08:57] | Get in the car. | 上车吧 |
[08:59] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[09:00] | Start yawning. | 我有个主意 你要开始打呵欠 |
[09:02] | – Yawning? – Yeah. | 打呵欠? |
[09:03] | To make it look like you’re too tired to drive. | 是的 令你看起来太累了不能驾驶 |
[09:05] | Why would I be too tired to drive? | 我为什么太累而不能驾驶呢? |
[09:07] | It’s 10:00 in the morning. | 现在是早上10点我不是幼儿园的 |
[09:08] | I’m not in kindergarten. | |
[09:10] | I’m tryin’ to get my badge back here. | 我正在努力想回到警队 |
[09:11] | Everybody gets tired. You don’t think cops get tired? | 所有人都会累 你不认为巡警也会累吗? |
[09:15] | Anyway it’s too late to start yawning now. | 现在才打呵欠太迟了 |
[09:17] | I would’ve had to start yawning when I was upstairs to set it up. | 我应该早就打呵欠了 刚才还在楼上就应该打了 |
[09:20] | It is not too late to start yawning right now | 现在开始打呵欠还不迟啊 |
[09:22] | because you have to start yawning at some point in the day. | 因为你一天要打几次呵欠啊 |
[09:24] | Everybody yawns all day. | 所有人都整天打呵欠 |
[09:25] | There’s no rules, yawn. | 没有规定的 打吧 |
[09:30] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生你还在这里 |
[09:31] | You’re still here. | |
[09:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:34] | Yeah, we’re leavin’ though. | 是的 那上就走了 |
[09:35] | We’re going… here we go. | 马上就走 马上就走 |
[09:37] | Sharona? | Sharona 走吧 |
[09:38] | You comin’? | Sharona 走吧 |
[09:45] | Keys. | 钥匙 |
[09:46] | Keys. | 钥匙 |
[09:49] | Good parking spot, though. Don’t you think? | 这个车位很不错哦 对吧? |
[09:51] | I mean, lucky, lucky. | 运气真是太好了 |
[09:53] | Can’t beat it with a stick. | |
[09:56] | Okay, I got it. | 好了 我知道怎么做 |
[10:00] | See you next time. | 下次见 |
[10:24] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[10:26] | You said “turn”, so I turned. | 你说转弯我就转弯啊 |
[10:28] | No, I meant into the parking lot. | 不 我的意思是进入停车位 |
[10:30] | Look at my headlight, Adrian. | 看我的车前灯 Adrian |
[10:32] | It’s nothing. | 什么事也没有啊 |
[10:33] | Nothing? It is totally smashed. | 没事? |
[10:36] | Look at that. | 这全碎了 自己看看 |
[10:45] | Hello? | 你好? |
[10:47] | Yes, he’s right here. | 是的 他在 |
[10:50] | Now? | 现在? |
[10:53] | Okay, we’ll be right there. | 好的 我们马上就到 |
[10:56] | Stottlemeyer. He says it’s very important. | Stottlemeyer说 非常重要 |
[10:58] | No, no! | 不 |
[11:00] | Adrian. | 不 Adrian |
[11:02] | I’m driving. | 我来驾驶 |
[11:03] | When hell freezes over, you can drive again. | 天塌下来 我也不再让你开车了 |
[11:06] | No, you know what? | 不 |
[11:07] | Even if hell freezes over, I’m still driving | 你知道吗?就算天塌下来也只是我来开 |
[11:09] | because I don’t want you driving on the ice. | 因为我不会再让你开了 |
[11:10] | Get in the car. | 上车吧 |
[11:13] | Your honor, this is not Lieutenant Kirk’s first offense. | 法官大人 这不是Kirk第一次受到检控 |
[11:17] | We have a case, docket 4-5-5, | 编号455的案件上庭 |
[11:19] | Adam Kirk versus Leonard Stokes, | Kirk对Stokes |
[11:21] | in which Lieutenant Kirk is accused of police brutality. | 而Kirk被控身为警务人员滥用暴力 |
[11:25] | This is obscene. | 这是诬告 |
[11:27] | Don’t touch Stokes, but he can string me up right here? | 不要提Stokes 是他硬拉我下水的 |
[11:29] | Lieutenant. | 你能不能控制一下你的情绪? |
[11:30] | Can you or can you not control your temper? | 你能不能控制一下你的情绪? |
[11:32] | I can, your honor. | 是的 法官 |
[11:33] | Then do it… on the street and in my courtroom. | 是的 法官 那么就照做 在大街上或是法庭里都应该做到 |
[11:35] | Mr. Dwyer? | 辩方律师 |
[11:36] | We request that Lieutenant Kirk be released | 辩方律师 |
[11:39] | on his own recognizance. | 要求保释Kirk |
[11:40] | Adam Kirk is a decorated officer. | Adam Kirk是个体面的警员 |
[11:43] | And the claims against my client | 这宗指控我当事人的案件 |
[11:44] | in this case and the case involving Mr. Stokes, | 和牵涉到Stokes先生的案件 |
[11:47] | have not been substantiated. | 还没得到证实 |
[11:48] | I don’t know how much more substantiated a case can get. | 我不知道查明一件案子可以得到多少钱 |
[11:51] | Bail is set at $50,000. | 不过 保释金是50000 |
[11:56] | So what do you think? | 那么你想怎样呢? |
[11:59] | They’re on a Ferris wheel alone. | 他们单独上摩天轮 |
[12:01] | The Ferris wheel stops. The guy’s dead. | 摩天轮停下来那人死了 |
[12:03] | – I know it looks bad. – “Bad” is not the word. | 我知道这看起来好糟糕 |
[12:05] | “Guilty” is the word. | 糟糕不算什么 关键是看起来他有罪 |
[12:07] | Kirk has got a temper; We’re not denying that. | Kirk脾气很差 这个无可否认 |
[12:08] | You couldn’t deny it. I’ve seen it first hand. | 无可否认? 我亲眼见到了 |
[12:11] | There’s something not right here. | 他多次发誓他没有碰过那孩子 |
[12:13] | He swears up and down he did not touch the kid. | 他多次发誓他没有碰过那孩子 |
[12:15] | Maybe he blacked out or something. | 或许跟你一样有些强迫症 |
[12:17] | You know, like you do. | |
[12:18] | – What do you want me to do? – I want you to do your thing. | 你想我做什么? 我想你尽一切努力 |
[12:20] | I want you to do that thing you do. | 我想你尽一切努力 |
[12:22] | I’ve known Kirk for 20 years. He’s a great cop. | 我认识Kirk20年了 他是个好警察 |
[12:25] | You used to say that about Adrian. | 你也曾经这么说Adrian |
[12:26] | Could we not make this a personal thing? | 你不要把这当成私人恩怨? |
[12:28] | This is not about who daddy loves more. | 这不是关于爸爸爱谁多些 |
[12:31] | Monk, I need this. | Monk我需要你帮我的忙 |
[12:32] | You do right by me, and I’ll owe you one. | |
[12:34] | All right? | 我欠你一个人情 好吗? |
[12:38] | I’d like to talk it over with Sharona. | 我想跟Sharona说几句话 |
[12:40] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[12:45] | What do you think? | |
[12:46] | I think you should do it. | 你认为怎样? 我想你应该去做 |
[12:47] | The captain’s gonna testify in front of the review board tomorrow. | 队长将在明天为你的复职作供这可能很有帮助 |
[12:50] | This may be good help. | |
[12:54] | I agree. | 我同意 但是 我们就再站几分钟 |
[12:55] | But let’s stay here a minute. | 我同意 但是 我们就再站几分钟 |
[12:57] | Make it look like it’s a tough decision. | 让他们看起来像是个艰难的决定 |
[12:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:00] | What should we talk about? | 我们应该谈些什么呢? |
[13:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道Benjy过得怎样? |
[13:02] | – How’s Benjy? – He’s good. | |
[13:04] | What grade is he in now? | 他很好 他读几年级了? |
[13:06] | – Fifth. – Fifth grade. | 他读几年级了? 5年级 |
[13:07] | Failing math. It’s driving me crazy. | 5年级数学不及格 我很生气 |
[13:10] | – Hey, Monk. – Yeah? | 是的 但是 嘿 Monk |
[13:12] | We can hear you. | 什么事? 我们能听到你说的 |
[13:21] | All right, here’s the deal. | 好的 |
[13:23] | This has gotta be done under the table. | 得秘密进行? |
[13:25] | All right? Off the book. | 不会记录在案 |
[13:26] | Internal Affairs is all over it. | 内务部已经接手他们不希望外人插手 |
[13:28] | They don’t want any outsiders poking around. | |
[13:30] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[13:32] | Good. | 很好 |
[13:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:36] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[13:44] | I saw that, Adrian. | 我看到了Adrian |
[13:48] | Look at ’em out there. | 看 |
[13:49] | Tryin’ to get a picture of the killer cop. | 他们都想拍到杀了人的警察 |
[13:53] | Too bad I can’t charge ’em rent. | 你怎么跟他们说的? |
[13:55] | Did you talk to them? | |
[13:57] | I just told them I was a friend. | 我只告诉他们我是他的朋友 |
[13:59] | Thanks for lyin’. | 谢谢你替我撒谎 |
[14:01] | You know, I don’t hold what you did against you. | 你知道我不希望你为了救我而做什么错事 |
[14:05] | Why would you? I told the truth. | 那你为什么那样做呢? 我只是说出真相罢了 |
[14:08] | – From your point of view. – I was there, lieutenant. | 你认为的真相 |
[14:11] | – I saw what you did. – It was resisting arrest. | 我到过那里我看到你做了什么 我只是不想被诬陷 |
[14:15] | I was there. | 我当时在场 |
[14:18] | Well, that makes your bein’ here now mean even more. | 那你现在到这里来只会更糟 |
[14:23] | You know what really kills me about this | 你知道真正让我的难受的是什么吗? |
[14:25] | is I’m supposed to testify against Stokes next week. | 我本应该在下周指证Stokes |
[14:31] | Best thing I ever did was gettin’ that butcher off the street. | 我做的事应该是让那屠夫在街上消失 |
[14:33] | Now he’s gonna walk. | 现在他又能在街上溜达了 |
[14:34] | Why would he walk? | 为什么? |
[14:36] | He claims that I beat a confession out of him. | 他投诉我把他屈打成招使他入罪 |
[14:38] | This makes his case. | |
[14:41] | What are you doin’? | 你在做什么? |
[14:42] | If you don’t mind, it helps him think. | 如果你不介意他会想得更清楚 |
[14:46] | Oh, knock yourself out. | 噢你自己把自己击倒了 |
[14:48] | Wanna tell me what happened on the Ferris wheel? | 你可以告诉我在摩天轮上发生什么事吗? |
[14:50] | Yeah, that was stupid. | 是的 那太愚蠢的 |
[14:52] | I get a call from this punk, Gitomer. | 我接到一个小混混的电话 |
[14:54] | – You knew him? – No, I never met him. | Gitomer 你认识他吗? 不我从没见过他 |
[14:56] | I checked him out. | 我会把他查出来 |
[14:58] | He’s got some punk stuff. | 我会把他查出来 |
[14:59] | Possession, stolen vehicle. | 他平时卖些贼脏和脏车 |
[15:01] | So he wants to meet at the carnival. | 他跟我在游乐场见面 |
[15:04] | Busy place. A lot of people. | 在繁忙的地方人多的地方 |
[15:07] | Meet about what? | 为了什么找他? |
[15:08] | He’s got somethin’ on a shipment of purple haze. | 他知道一些紫雾出货的事 |
[15:13] | So we meet. | 所以我们见面了 |
[15:15] | He starts hemmin’ and hawin’ | 他开始变得很紧张 |
[15:17] | and then he says he’ll talk but only up on the Ferris wheel. | 然后 他说他只会在摩天轮上说 |
[15:20] | Ferris wheel’s his idea? | 摩天轮是他的主意吗? |
[15:22] | Oh, yeah, his idea. | 噢 是的 是他的主意 |
[15:23] | So we get on. | 所以我们上了摩天轮我 |
[15:24] | I don’t get out word one, he goes postal. | 所以我们上了摩天轮我 没有得到一句话他就死了 |
[15:27] | You didn’t do anything? | 你什么也没做过? |
[15:28] | Hand to God. | 我发誓 |
[15:30] | He starts throwin’ himself around. | 他开始想跳下来 |
[15:32] | He’s screamin’, “Help, help, he’s gonna kill me!” | 他尖叫着 救命 救命 他想杀我 |
[15:34] | So the operator shuts down the rig, I get off. | 然后 控制员停了摩天轮 我下了摩天轮 |
[15:36] | I walk ten feet. I hear screamin’. | 我走了10尺我听到尖叫声 |
[15:38] | I turn around and there’s Gitomer on the deck | 我走回去看到 Gitomer躺在那里 |
[15:40] | with a knife in his chest. | 胸口插着一把刀 |
[15:42] | Whose knife was it? | 那是谁的刀? |
[15:43] | Not a clue. | 没有线索 |
[15:45] | And now, | |
[15:47] | you didn’t touch this guy? | 你没有碰过那家伙? |
[15:49] | No, I didn’t touch him. | 没有我没有碰过他 |
[15:51] | Maybe he shoved you, you shoved him back. | 没有我没有碰过他 可能他推你你又推他 |
[15:52] | No, I didn’t touch the guy. | 不我没有碰过他 |
[15:54] | Things got outta hand, it happens. | 东西脱手了事情就这样发生 |
[15:56] | No, it doesn’t happen! | 不 事情不是这样 |
[15:59] | Not to me. | 不是我 |
[16:04] | Not anymore. | 我已经说完了 |
[16:14] | How’s Anita? | 你太太怎么样了? |
[16:16] | Oh, she’s good. Thanks for askin’. | 你太太怎么样了? 噢 她很好 谢谢问候 |
[16:18] | Where is she? | 她在哪? |
[16:19] | You just missed her. | 她在哪? 你刚好错过了她 |
[16:21] | She’s just out shoppin’. | 她刚刚出去买东西了 |
[16:23] | She should be back, oh, any minute now. | 她应该回来了 噢 几分钟吧 |
[16:26] | Listen, friend, if I’m gonna help you, uh, | 听着 朋友 如果你想让我帮你走出困境 |
[16:28] | you can’t lie to me. | 你要对我说真话 |
[16:32] | What? | 什么? |
[16:33] | You two had a fight and she moved out. | 什么? 你们吵架了 |
[16:39] | Now who told you that? | 她搬出去了 谁告诉你的? |
[16:41] | The woman is obviously into gardening. | 很明显 她很喜欢园艺 |
[16:44] | But every plant in the place | 但这里所有的植物都快枯萎 |
[16:46] | is dying. | |
[16:50] | Well, | |
[16:53] | she always comes back. | 她总是会自己回来的 |
[17:01] | I’m done here. | 到此为止 |
[17:03] | You’re gonna make somebody a wonderful wife. | 你还真够格做个好太太 |
[17:08] | I can’t make any promises. | 我不能做出什么承诺 |
[17:12] | Understood. | 我明白 |
[17:20] | Okay, remember, we’re not officially on the case | 好的 记住 我们不是正式负责这宗案子的 |
[17:23] | so be cool. | 所以要冷静 |
[17:24] | Yeah, I’ll be as cool as you. | 所以要冷静 是的 我会和你一样冷静 |
[17:26] | Mom, how many tickets can we get? | 妈 我们能买多少? |
[17:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:28] | Okay, let’s get a whole sheet, which is $40. | 好的 买14元的吧 |
[17:31] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[17:32] | Benjy, I work for a very cheap man. | Benjy 我为一个吝啬的男人工作 |
[17:34] | – How many? – Ten. | – 多少 |
[17:35] | That’s true; She does. | 那倒是 Trudy以前也这么说 |
[17:37] | He’s also a very naive man | 他还是个天真的男人 |
[17:39] | who doesn’t know when he’s being used. | 谁知道他什么时候被利用 |
[17:42] | Who… what? | 啊?什么?谁被利用? |
[17:43] | Who’s being used? | 啊?什么?谁被利用? |
[17:44] | You are. | 是你啊 |
[17:45] | Kirk’s no good and you know it. | 你应该知道Kirk的缺点 |
[17:47] | He’s Stottlemeyer’s ex-partner. | 他是Stottlemeyer的前拍档 |
[17:49] | The captain will do anything to save his ass. | 队长会做一切去帮他收拾烂摊子 |
[17:51] | He just wants you to come up with one of your convoluted theories | 他只是希望你做能提出 |
[17:54] | so he can parade you in front of a jury. | 某个让那么令人费解的理论 让他能在陪审团引证一下 |
[17:58] | Are you listening to me? | 你有在听我说话吗? |
[17:59] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[18:01] | The Ferris wheel. It’s kinda big. | 那摩天轮太高了 |
[18:03] | I can’t go on it. | 我没法上去 |
[18:05] | Well, you have to. It’s a crime scene. | 你必须要上去 这是案发现场 |
[18:08] | Nah. | Benjy 碰碰车在那里 |
[18:09] | Benjy, the bumper cars are over there. | Benjy 碰碰车在那里 |
[18:10] | Nah, uh-uh. | 来吧 快 我们得找到Stottlemeyer |
[18:11] | Come on, please. | 来吧 |
[18:13] | We gotta find Stottlemeyer. | 快 |
[18:24] | Hey. | 我们得找到Stottlemeyer |
[18:26] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[18:27] | You remember Benjy. | 你应该记得Benjy |
[18:29] | Yes. | 是的你最近怎么样啦 |
[18:30] | Benjy? How you doin’, Benjy? | |
[18:31] | You’re in little league, right? | 你有去那个夏令营对吗? |
[18:33] | Yeah, I think my kid beaned you last year. | 是的 我孩子去年也有去 |
[18:35] | Hey, folks, how about a photo? | 照张相怎样? |
[18:37] | – No, no, thank you. – No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[18:39] | Come on. It’s a souvenir. | 来吧 你们可是大英雄啊 |
[18:41] | It’s a carnival. | 多棒啊 |
[18:45] | One big happy family. | 一个大快乐家庭 |
[18:48] | – Thank you very much. – Here’s your ticket. | 谢谢 这是你的票 |
[18:50] | You can pick it up on your way out. | 你可以在出去的时候来取 |
[18:51] | Thank you. Let’s go. | 谢谢 |
[18:54] | Monk. Adrian. | 我们走吧 |
[18:57] | Monk, come on. | Monk 来吧 |
[18:59] | Here you go. | 拿去吧 这就是从那天到现在 |
[19:00] | Unclaimed from the day you were asking about. | 拿去吧 这就是从那天到现在 |
[19:02] | This is everything. | 所有的相片 |
[19:04] | Adrian, I promised Benjy I’d take him on the bumper cars, | Adrian 我答应Benjy陪他玩碰碰车 |
[19:06] | so we’ll meet you later, okay? | 所以我们迟些再见面好吗? |
[19:08] | Just stay close to the captain. | 跟着队长 |
[19:09] | And if you get lost, find a policeman. | 如果你迷路就叫警察 |
[19:11] | Promise? | 答应我? |
[19:12] | Bingo. | 答应我? 就是他 |
[19:14] | Look at the sweatshirt. | 看一下这运动衫 |
[19:15] | I was thinkin’ the same thing. | 我也想到了 |
[19:17] | Zipped all the way up. | 使一切变得有明了了 |
[19:18] | But it must’ve been 95 degrees that night. | 使一切变得有明了了 |
[19:20] | Yeah. | 那晚一定很热95度吧 |
[19:26] | So they meet over there, | 他们在那里见面 |
[19:27] | walk through here, get on the ride, | 他们在那里见面 在这里上了摩天轮 |
[19:29] | go round and round, it stops, and the kid’s dead. | 转啊转 停下来的时候那孩子死了 |
[19:33] | Did you question the other riders? | 你有没有问过其他在上面的人 |
[19:35] | Oh, yeah. I grilled everybody in the park. | 你有没有问过其他在上面的人 噢 是的 我问了所有的人 |
[19:36] | I got a list of… | 还弄到份名单 |
[19:41] | Internal Affairs. | 内务部的人 |
[19:43] | Hey! | |
[19:45] | Look, you just happened to be here, okay? | 你只是碰巧到这里来的 明白吗? |
[19:47] | It’s your day off, understood? | 今天你休假 明白吗? |
[19:48] | Hey, Walt. | Wall 你好吗? |
[19:50] | – Captain. – How are you? | Wall 你好吗? 队长 |
[19:51] | Mr. Monk. Walter Cauffel. | Monk先生 |
[19:53] | How’s it goin’? | 事情进行得怎样? |
[19:54] | It’s a bitch… bitch and a half. | 恩 |
[19:56] | What are you doin’ here? | 还没什么进展 你在这里干吗? |
[19:57] | I’m here with my assistant and her kid. | 我和我的助手 还有她的孩子来玩 |
[20:00] | I never figured you the amusement park type. | 我从没想到过你还喜欢游乐园啊 |
[20:02] | Oh, sure, I love it. | 噢 当然 |
[20:04] | It’s so, you know, edgy. | 我喜欢这 就是这样 |
[20:07] | Heard you’re up for reinstatement. Good luck. | 听说你快复职了 祝你好运 |
[20:09] | Thank you, I really should be going. | 谢谢 我真的要走了 |
[20:11] | Have you seen Sharona? | 你见过Sharona吗? |
[20:14] | Yeah, Sharona’s right over here. | 是的 她刚才还在这里 |
[20:16] | Okay, see you. | 再见 |
[20:20] | Give me a couple minutes and I’ll get rid of him, all right? | 现在给我几分钟我会摆脱他好吗? |
[20:23] | – What should I do? – Just have fun. | 我应该做什么呢? |
[20:25] | Fun? | 好好的玩就行了 什么? |
[20:26] | Yeah. | 什么? |
[20:27] | Look, you’ve seen other people have fun. | 看 |
[20:29] | Imitate them. | 你见到其他人在玩吧 |
[21:00] | Ugh. | 像他们那样就行了 |
[21:01] | I am so hungry. | 我很饿 |
[21:04] | Then get a hot dog. | 买个热狗吧 |
[21:06] | No, no, thanks, no. | 不不 谢谢 不 |
[21:07] | Mom, can I have $2? | 妈妈 能给我两元吗? |
[21:10] | – Wait, what for? – It’s a contest. | 等一下 为什么呢? |
[21:12] | There’s a big jar of jellybeans, | 那有一个比赛 那有一大罐软糖 |
[21:13] | and if I guess how many are in the jar I win a boom box. | 如果我猜到里面有多少颗糖 |
[21:16] | 8,385. | 我就赢了 |
[21:18] | What? | 什么? |
[21:19] | That’s how many jellybeans are in the jar. 8,385. | 罐子里有8385颗糖 |
[21:24] | 8385 8,385. 8,385. | |
[21:27] | Have you seen the jar? | 你见过那罐子吗? |
[21:29] | How can you guess if you haven’t seen the jar? | 你怎么猜到如果你没见过那罐子? |
[21:32] | Benjy, 8,385. | |
[21:36] | Thanks, Mom. | 好的 谢谢妈妈 |
[21:38] | Okay, now you owe me $2. | 好的 现在你欠我两元 |
[21:41] | There’s I.A., don’t look. | 那是内政部的人 不要看 |
[21:43] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[21:44] | We gotta look like we’re blending in. | 必须让他们觉得我们是进来玩的 |
[21:46] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[21:49] | Yeah, we’ll blend. | 好的 我们走 |
[21:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:57] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[21:59] | Just take it. Come on. | 拿去吧 |
[22:02] | It’s good. | 来吧 |
[22:10] | Ow! | 这是好东西 |
[22:13] | You having fun? | 你玩得开心吗? |
[22:15] | I think so. | 你玩得开心吗? 我想是的 |
[22:16] | My head stopped throbbing. | 但是 我都快窒息了 |
[22:17] | But too many clowns. | 太多人了 |
[22:19] | Just way too many. | 太多人了 太多人了 |
[22:21] | Oh, come on, relax. | 来吧 放松点 |
[22:24] | Oh, my God. Where did you get that? | 噢 我的天 你从哪里弄到这东西的? |
[22:26] | I won it. | 我赢了猜软糖比赛 |
[22:27] | It was that jellybean contest. | 我赢了猜软糖比赛 |
[22:28] | Mr. Monk was right. | Monk是对的你猜的只差八粒 |
[22:30] | You were only off by eight. | |
[22:32] | – Adrian, how’d you do that? – Lucky guess. | Adrian 你怎么做到的? |
[22:35] | No, I’m serious. | 运气好猜到的 不我是认真的你怎么做到的? |
[22:37] | How’d you do it? | 不我是认真的你怎么做到的? |
[22:39] | Adrian | Adrian. |
[22:41] | Adrian, I’m talkin’ to you. | Adrian 我在对你说话啊 |
[22:43] | Come on, come on. | 来吧 来吧 |
[22:45] | We got about an hour. | 我们有大概一个小时的时间 |
[22:47] | I sent ’em to that stripper bar on Baker Avenue. | 我把他们骗去了贝克大街的酒吧 |
[22:49] | I told ’em Kirk hangs out there. Hello, Kitty. | 我告诉他们Kirk在那里 |
[22:51] | Aw, hell, I thought you guys were gone. | 你好 Kitty 恩 |
[22:53] | I’m tryin’ to make a living here. | 你好 我想你可以走了 我得做生意 |
[22:55] | Sorry, I’m sorry. This will only take a minute. | 对不起 |
[22:56] | Adrian Monk, Kitty Malone. | 就占用你一分钟 |
[22:58] | She’s been workin’ the Ferris wheel for seven years here. | 她在这摩天轮工作了七年 |
[23:00] | Never had a problem. | 从没发生问题 发生任何意外 直到昨晚 |
[23:01] | Never had an accident until last night. | 从没发生问题 发生任何意外 直到昨晚 |
[23:03] | Suppose he wants to hear the story too? | 他也想听一下那件事 是吧 |
[23:04] | Yes, please, if you don’t mind. | 是的 麻烦你 |
[23:06] | The freakiest thing I ever seen. | 那是我见到最奇怪的事 |
[23:08] | Two guys got on. A few seconds later, | 两个人上了摩天轮几秒种之后 |
[23:10] | one of them starts screaming. | 其中一个尖叫起来 |
[23:11] | You mean, Mr. Gitomer? | 你指的是 Gitomer先生? |
[23:13] | I don’t know names. | 我不知道名字 |
[23:14] | The soon-to-be-dead one. | 就不久就死掉的那一个 |
[23:15] | He was screamin’ “Help, he’s tryin’ to kill me!” | 他在尖叫 救命 他想杀我 |
[23:17] | I looked up. Basket four is rockin’ back and forth. | 我看过去 那两人在纠缠 |
[23:20] | I figure they’re either fightin’ or fallin’ in love. | 他们不是在打架 就是在谈恋爱 |
[23:23] | You– You couldn’t see what was happening? | 你看不清发生什么事吗? |
[23:26] | Nah, you can’t really see what’s goin’ on up there. | 你不可能真的看见上面发生什么事情 |
[23:29] | So I stopped the ride, you know? | 所以 我把摩天轮停了下来 |
[23:30] | I always stop for crying babies and guys knifing each other. | 你知道 我经常停下摩天轮的原因是 小孩子哭闹或者有人害怕 |
[23:34] | Anyway, I popped the bar, the cop gets out. | 无论如何 我推开栏杆 |
[23:35] | He’s pissed. | 警察冲了出来 他很愤怒 |
[23:37] | He’s screamin’, “I didn’t do nothin’!” | 他在尖叫 我什么也没有做 |
[23:39] | – Where was he? – Over there. | – 他在哪? – 在那 |
[23:41] | And the other guy? | 那另外一个人呢? |
[23:43] | Doubled over in his seat. | 瘫坐在座位上 |
[23:45] | Got a knife in his chest. | 他的胸口插着一把刀 |
[23:46] | Then he falls over right there. | 就在那倒下了 |
[23:54] | Get it moving! | 来吧 启动吧 |
[23:55] | Two more minutes, then I gotta start chargin’ you guys. | 再过两分钟 我就要控告你们这些家伙 |
[23:57] | Okay, but could you just… Could you take your hand off… | 好的 但是你能不能把你的手拿开呢 |
[24:00] | It’s not gonna move. | 不会开动 |
[24:01] | – But she’s got her… by the… – It’s not gonna move. | 不会开动 叫她把手拿开 |
[24:03] | – She’s right by the control. – It’s okay. | 她就在那里靠着控台 |
[24:05] | Hurry up! | – 好的 – 赶快 |
[24:06] | Thanks, Kitty. | 谢谢 Kitty 谢谢 |
[24:09] | Come on! | 快点 |
[24:11] | Let’s go! | 走吧 |
[24:12] | – Hello. – What? | 喂 什么? |
[24:22] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[24:24] | A tarot card. | 一张塔罗牌或者半张 |
[24:25] | Or a half of one. | 一张塔罗牌或者半张 |
[24:27] | Anybody coulda left that. | 任何人都有可能留下这东西 |
[24:29] | I think I need to see Gitomer’s place. | 我想我得去Gitomer的住处看看 |
[24:31] | What’s it mean, half a tarot card? | 半张塔罗牌是什么意思? |
[24:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:38] | It’s a tarot card. | |
[24:40] | But, Mr. Crenshaw, | 这是一张塔罗牌 Christ先生 |
[24:41] | does it mean anything to you? | 有没有什么特别的意义呢? |
[24:43] | Yeah, it means you’re wastin’ my time. | 是的 这意味着你在浪费着我的时间 |
[24:45] | Mr. Gitomer used tarot cards? | Gitomer先生玩塔罗牌? |
[24:47] | I don’t see what anybody does. | 我不知道其他人是做什么的 |
[24:48] | I’m only the landlord. | 我只是房东 |
[24:50] | “The peepholes on the door face the wrong way.” | 只管收钱给地方他们住 |
[24:52] | That’s what I always say. | 我总是这样说的 |
[24:54] | How long did he live here? | 他住在这里多久了? |
[24:55] | Eh, nine weeks. | 哦 九个星期 |
[24:57] | But he paid for ten, so I guess someone has a refund comin’. | 但他付了十个星期的租金 所以 我猜有人会来拿退款的 |
[25:02] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[25:04] | Mister, you wouldn’t believe what I seen hangin’ from those fans. | 这是什么? 先生 |
[25:07] | Adrian. | 你可能不会相信 挂在那风叶上那是什么 |
[25:12] | This is weird. | 这就奇怪了 |
[25:14] | He keeps his batteries in his socks? | 他把他的电池藏在袜子里面了? |
[25:16] | – Oh, my God. – What is it? | 哦 天啊 那是什么? |
[25:18] | It’s a weapon. | 是一个武器 |
[25:19] | They use them in prison. | 他们在监狱里用这个当武器 |
[25:23] | It’s torn here. | 这里裂开了 |
[25:37] | Could you? | 你能? |
[25:40] | Hook it? | |
[25:46] | Stand back. | 站后点 |
[25:55] | What the hell is that? | 那到底是什么? |
[25:57] | I think he hit himself with it. | 我想他就用这个弄伤自己的 |
[26:00] | All he had to do was ask. | 我知道你想问我 |
[26:01] | I woulda been happy to beat the crap outta the kid. | 看到那孩子被刺了是不是很开心 |
[26:03] | I knew he was trouble. | 我知道 他有问题 |
[26:04] | Never paid the phone bill but always had money to go dancing. | 从不付电话单但是却有钱去跳舞 |
[26:08] | – He went dancing? – Yeah, every night. | 他去跳舞? |
[26:10] | That club over in the park there. | 是的 每天晚上都去 |
[26:12] | The Luna Lounge. | 停车场附近的夜总会 叫月亮厅 |
[26:21] | Hey, excuse me. | 大声点 |
[26:23] | We’re not open yet. | 我们还没开门啊 |
[26:26] | Is this your claim check? | 你有见过这个吗? |
[26:30] | Actually, I got somethin’ I can show you in the back. | 事实上 我有些东西在后面可以给你看 |
[26:38] | Here it is. It’s been here for a while. | 就这玩意了 这东西在这里已经一段时间了 |
[26:40] | How long would you say it’s been here? | 你说这东西在这里多久了? |
[26:42] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不到你说话 |
[26:43] | I need to know how… | 我想知道 |
[26:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:52] | Captain Stottlemeyer, | Stottlemeyer队长 |
[26:54] | you have used former detective Monk | 在过去的两年里 |
[26:57] | several times over the last 2 1/2 years. | 你曾先后几次请前探员Monk帮助查案 |
[26:59] | Yeah, that’s right. On a consulting basis. | 是的 做了些顾问工作 |
[27:02] | Have you been satisfied with his work? | 你对他的工作满意吗? |
[27:04] | Yes, absolutely. | 是的 当然满意 |
[27:05] | He, um… | 他 他曾经帮我解决五六件难搞的案件 |
[27:07] | He has helped me solve five… no, six… | 他 |
[27:10] | very difficult cases. | 他曾经帮我解决五六件难搞的案件 |
[27:11] | He has a unique way of looking at evidence | 他会用独特的办法查清问题 |
[27:14] | even after a scene is cold. | 哪怕事件已经过了一段时间 |
[27:15] | In your professional opinion, do you think Adrian Monk | 从你的专业角度来看 |
[27:17] | is ready to be reinstated? | 你认为Adrian Monk是不是已经准备好复职呢? |
[27:19] | He is an excellent investigator. | 他是个很出色的侦探 |
[27:21] | I believe we’ve established that. | 我相信我们已经证实了这点 |
[27:23] | The question is, | 问题是你是不是觉得他是否可以复职 |
[27:24] | do you believe that he should be reinstated | |
[27:26] | to the San Francisco Police Department? | 在三藩市分局任职? |
[27:28] | He is reliable. | 他是值得信赖的 |
[27:29] | He, uh, has an encyclopedic knowledge | 对于那些最陌生的最奇怪的事物有着全面的知识 |
[27:33] | of the strangest, most arcane things. | |
[27:36] | Like book binding. | 像一本百科全书 有一件案件摆在他的面前 |
[27:38] | There was a case before he got… | 像一本百科全书 有一件案件摆在他的面前 |
[27:39] | Captain, this is a yes or no question. | 队长这是可以和不可以的问题 |
[27:41] | In your opinion, is he or is he not | 现在以你的意见来看 |
[27:45] | ready to be reinstated? | 他是否适合复职? |
[27:47] | Yes or no? | 是还是不是? |
[27:55] | The people are asking for a continuance, Your Honor. | 要求延迟审判 法官大人 |
[27:57] | Of course they wanna postpone. | 那他们当然想延迟 |
[27:59] | Lieutenant Kirk wasn’t one of their witnesses, | Kirk不是其中一个证人 |
[28:01] | he was their only witness. | 他是唯一的证人 |
[28:03] | Now he’s accused of murder. | 现在他被控谋杀 |
[28:04] | Your honor, my client, Leonard Stokes | 法官大人 我的委托人Leonard Stocks |
[28:06] | has been in jail for 14 months | 因为他的证供在拘留所困了14个月 |
[28:08] | based solely on his testimony. | |
[28:10] | Mr. Zweibel, are you presenting Adam Kirk or not? | Bibo先生 你是否代表Kirk |
[28:13] | Your Honor, we can no longer vouch for Lieutenant Kirk. | 法官大人 他不再是我们的证人了 |
[28:14] | Well then you leave me no choice. | 就是说 |
[28:16] | Without your witness, the statements that Mr. Stokes made | 我没有选择了 如果没有你的供词的话 |
[28:18] | in the back of that squad car are inadmissible. | 检控Leonard Stoks的证词难以成立 |
[28:21] | Mr. Stokes. | Leonard Stoks先生 |
[28:25] | I’m dismissing this indictment. | 我撤消控告 |
[28:26] | So I’m free to go? | 就是说我可以自由啦? |
[28:28] | I’m sorry to say that’s true. Bailiff. | 就是说我可以自由啦? 我非常遗憾的说 是的 |
[28:32] | I need the yellow copy. | 给我那份黄色的复印件 |
[28:36] | Are you gonna tell me how you did the jellybeans? | 你是不是要告诉我你怎么猜到软糖数目的? |
[28:40] | You know you’re gonna tell me, Adrian. | 你知道 |
[28:41] | Stokes, Leonard. | 你得告诉我的 Adrian |
[28:42] | – I need the yellow copy. – Mm-hmm. | 给我那份黄色的复印件 |
[28:44] | Wait here. | 在这等一下 |
[28:45] | Excuse me, Leonard Stokes, can I talk to you? | 打扰了Leonard ? 我可以跟你谈两句吗? |
[28:48] | It’s a free country. | 这是个自由社会 |
[28:49] | Least it will be in about ten minutes. | 最少在10分钟内会这样 |
[28:51] | My name’s Adrian Monk. | 我的名字叫Adrian Monk |
[28:52] | I’m investigating the death of John Gitomer. | 我正在调查Gitomer先生的死 |
[28:55] | – Did you know him? – No. | 你认识他吗? 不 |
[28:58] | This is his cell phone. | 这是他的手提电话 |
[29:01] | We found it in his knapsack. | 我们在他的背包里面发现的 |
[29:03] | Mr. Gitomer received two calls from this facility. | Gitomer先生收到两个从这里打出的电话 |
[29:05] | From the phone bank in your wing on the day he was killed. | 从电话记忆来看电话 是在他死的那天收到的 |
[29:09] | So what? | 那又怎样? |
[29:10] | You were calling him. | 你曾经打过电话给他 |
[29:11] | I checked the records. | 我查过这里所有的通话记录了 |
[29:13] | They log in every outgoing call. | |
[29:15] | Sign here. | 在这里签个名 |
[29:19] | That’s a nice watch. | 漂亮的手表 |
[29:20] | Yeah, Gitomer, I remember, he was here. | 是的 Gitomer 我记得 他也在这待过 |
[29:23] | I knew his name, that’s all. | 我知道他的名字 就是这么简单 |
[29:24] | Why were you callin’ him? | 那你为什么打电话给他? |
[29:26] | I don’t recall. What difference does it make? | 我没打啊 |
[29:28] | It’s just interesting. | 打没打又有什么不一样呢? |
[29:30] | You two knew each other | 那就有趣了 你俩互相认识 |
[29:31] | and his murder is the basis for your appeal. | 他的死与你的控诉密切相关 |
[29:35] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[29:36] | It’s from my straight and sober group. | 那是什么? |
[29:37] | Three year pin. | 我在SAS协会的纪念章 |
[29:39] | Very nice, congratulations. | 非常好 恭喜你 |
[29:41] | Look, I know where this is goin’. | 我知道你来干吗了 |
[29:43] | You’re workin’ to clear your pal. | 你想洗脱你同伴Kirk的嫌疑 |
[29:44] | – Lieutenant Kirk. – No, no, no. | |
[29:46] | No, I’m not on the force. | 不不不 我不是警察 |
[29:48] | Oh, come on, sure you are, I can smell it. | 噢 来吧 我确定你是 我闻都能闻出来 |
[29:49] | Just lookin’ for the truth. | 只是为了找出真相 |
[29:51] | Lieutenant Kirk is a killer cop. That’s the truth. | Kirk是个杀人警官 那就是真相 |
[29:53] | Just not the truth you want. | 只不过那不是你想要的真相 |
[29:56] | You could be right. | 也许你说得对 |
[29:58] | Is there some place that I can reach you? | 有什么地方我可以找到你的吗? |
[30:00] | No. | 没有 |
[30:01] | See you around. | 再见 |
[30:06] | Gee, he’s a charmer. | 他真可爱 |
[30:08] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 时间到了 |
[30:10] | Is that the right time? Stottlemeyer’s testifying. | 噢 天啊 时间到了 |
[30:12] | Oh, my God. | Stottlemeyer在作证噢 我的天啊 |
[30:32] | You look great. | 你看起来很棒 |
[30:34] | I haven’t worn it since Trudy’s funeral. | 自从Trudy的葬礼后就没有穿过这衣服 |
[30:37] | You sure you’re not getting your hopes up? | 你确定 你不是期望过高? |
[30:39] | Of course I am, that’s what hopes are for. | 我当然没有 这就是我唯一的期望 |
[30:42] | I was gonna smooth it out but it’s… | 我本来想帮你烫平的 但是 |
[30:44] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[30:54] | Oh, no. | 噢 |
[31:00] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[31:05] | You didn’t recommend me. | 你没有帮我说好话 |
[31:07] | Look, Monk… | 听着 Monk |
[31:08] | You son of a bitch. | – 你这狗娘养的 |
[31:10] | Thought you were gonna do the right thing. | – 我想你会做正确的事吧? |
[31:12] | I think I did do the right thing. | 我想我做了正确的事 |
[31:13] | He saves your ass all the time. | 他总是帮你收拾烂摊子 |
[31:16] | And he never asks for anything in return. | 而且从不要求什么回报 |
[31:19] | He closes case after case and then he goes home | 他帮你办完一件又一件案件 |
[31:22] | and watches you on the news taking all the credit. | 回家后 看着你在电视新闻里赢取赞赏 |
[31:25] | I wanted to recommend you. | 我想过推荐你 |
[31:27] | I tried to recommend you but I just couldn’t do it. | 我努力去做了 |
[31:29] | Adrian, you are not ready to carry a gun. | 但我做不到 Adrian 你还没准备好拿起枪 |
[31:32] | You’re not ready to have other cops | 你还没准备好让你的拍档不受攻击 |
[31:34] | depend on you under fire. | |
[31:36] | In your heart you know you’re not ready. | 在你的心里 你知道你还没准备好 |
[31:44] | At least your friend Adam Kirk has the decency | 最少他不会象你的朋友Kirk一样 |
[31:46] | to stab people in the front. | 在人们面前刺伤别人 |
[31:59] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[32:04] | I just wanna be alone. | 我只想一个人静一下 |
[32:09] | Okay, I’ll come with you. | 我还是跟着你吧 |
[32:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[32:20] | How did it go this afternoon, sir? | 恩 下午的事情怎么样了 长官? |
[32:25] | It was rough. | – 很难说 |
[32:27] | Well, I’m sure you did everything you could. | – 不过我确定你做了所有你能做的 |
[32:29] | You, uh, wanna go grab a drink? | 你想去喝一杯吗? |
[32:32] | No, I’m good. | 不 我没事 |
[32:33] | Hey, Randy? | 嘿 |
[32:36] | Did I ever tell you | Randoll 我有没有告诉过你 |
[32:38] | about Monk’s first day as a detective? | Monk第一天当警察的事? |
[32:41] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 |
[32:43] | Have a seat. | 坐 |
[32:50] | He didn’t have a partner so I got stuck with him. | 他以前从没有过拍挡 我也很头疼 |
[32:54] | Was he, you know? | 他 你知道的 |
[32:56] | No, he was a little wound. | 不 他只是有点怪 |
[32:59] | He used to wipe off the windshield | 他在开车之前一定把挡风玻璃摇下来 |
[33:01] | and rearrange the glove box before we’d roll. | 然后再重新整理工具箱 |
[33:04] | Anyway, we’re the primaries | 无论如何在我们一起合作调查 |
[33:06] | on a body in a hotel in the Castro. | 卡斯特罗德市的旅馆案子里 |
[33:09] | A hooker had swallowed a bunch of Promazine. | 一个妓女吃了一大把普吗嗪 |
[33:12] | You know, the big sleeping pills. | 你知道 |
[33:13] | Horse tranquilizer, sir. | 强烈的安眠药?长官 |
[33:14] | I said “suicide”. | 我说自杀 |
[33:16] | Every cop on the scene said “suicide”. | 所有的警员的感觉都是自杀 |
[33:18] | Medical examiner said “suicide”. | 法医说自杀 |
[33:20] | Monk walks in, says “murder”. | Monk走进来说是凶杀 |
[33:22] | Where’s the water? | 水在哪? |
[33:24] | The room had no water. | 房间里面没有水 |
[33:27] | Simple. | 很简单八个人在房间里但没人注意到水 |
[33:28] | Eight people in the room but nobody saw that. | |
[33:31] | Well, I’m sure you would’ve seen it eventually, sir. | 我肯定你最终会注意到的 长官 |
[33:33] | Don’t kid yourself. There is only one Adrian Monk. | 你不要说笑了 世上只有一个Adrian Monk |
[33:53] | You’re gonna wear out the carpet. | 你快把地毯弄坏了 |
[33:55] | Have you seen the downstairs? | 你去楼下看过了吗? |
[33:57] | The whole basement. | 他把整个地下室清理了 |
[34:01] | Damn! | 该死的 |
[34:04] | Damn! | |
[34:05] | Damn, damn it! | |
[34:07] | Damn! | |
[34:08] | What happened? | 什么事? |
[34:10] | I knew it. | 恩 我知道了 |
[34:11] | Damn, I knew it. | 该死的 我知道了 |
[34:12] | Knew this was gonna happen. | 我就知道会这样 |
[34:14] | Ah, why me? | 噢 |
[34:16] | Every single damn time. | 为什么是我呢?每次都是这样 |
[34:18] | Adrian, what happened. | Adrian 发生什么事情了? |
[34:21] | I solved the case. | 我解决了这件案子 |
[34:33] | – Captain? – Yeah. | 队长? |
[34:35] | Here’s your sandwich. | 嗯 这是你的三文治 |
[34:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:38] | Ham and cheese on rye. | 你的芝士面包和苏打水 |
[34:39] | And your soda. | |
[34:41] | Goody, goody. | 好啊 |
[34:42] | You want your pickle? | 要酱汁吗? |
[34:46] | Not anymore. | 再不要了 |
[34:47] | Oh. | 噢 |
[34:50] | Sharona Fleming is on line two. | 噢 Sharona在2号线上 |
[34:54] | Tell her I’ll call her back. | 恩 告诉她我会打电话给她的 |
[34:56] | Well, she says it’s important. | 她说她有很重要的事 |
[35:04] | Hi, Sharona. | 你好 Sharona |
[35:05] | Captain, Adrian knows what happened on the Ferris wheel. | 队长 Adrian知道在摩天轮上发生了什么事 |
[35:07] | Do you wanna meet us at the carnival? | 你想在游乐场上跟我们见面吗? |
[35:09] | Let me talk to him. | 让我跟他说 |
[35:10] | He wants to talk to you. | 他想跟你说 |
[35:13] | He’s shaking his head “no”. | 噢 他在摇头 |
[35:15] | Was it Kirk? | 是Kirk做的吗? |
[35:16] | Was it Lieutenant Kirk? | – 是Kirk做的吗? – 不 |
[35:17] | – No. | – No. – 是Kirk做的吗? – 不 不 |
[35:20] | This is crazy, Sharona. Put him on the phone. | 我要疯了 Sharona 把电话给他 |
[35:23] | Adrian, he really wants to talk to you. | Adrian他真的想跟你说 |
[35:25] | I’m not talkin’ to him. | 我不跟他说 |
[35:28] | If you wanna hold the phone up, fine. | 如果你愿意举着电话的话 那好吧 |
[35:33] | – Hold on. | |
[35:35] | It was Leonard Stokes. | 不要挂 – |
[35:36] | He planned the whole thing from prison. | 是Leonard 他在狱中计划好一切 |
[35:38] | His trial was coming up and somehow | 他的审讯快到了 |
[35:40] | he had to get his confession thrown out. | 但不知道怎么推翻对他不利的证词 |
[35:42] | The only chance he had | 他唯一的机会就是质疑逮捕他的警员 |
[35:44] | was to discredit the cop that arrested him | |
[35:45] | and that was Adam Kirk. | 那就是Kirk |
[35:48] | Stokes called his pal, John Gitomer. | Stokes打电话给他的同伴Gitomer |
[35:50] | He convinced Gitomer to lure Kirk onto the Ferris wheel | 他叫Gitomer把Kirk引到摩天轮上 |
[35:54] | and then make it look like Kirk beat him up. | 然后 让人看见 好象Kirk打了他 |
[35:57] | The bruises on Gitomer’s chest were self-inflicted. | Gitomer胸口的淤伤是他自己造成的 |
[36:00] | That’s why his sweatshirt was zipped up all the way. | 那就是他穿运动衫的原因 |
[36:04] | Okay, what about the stabbing? | 好 那刺伤呢? |
[36:06] | Captain says, “what about the stabbing?” | 队长说那刺伤呢? |
[36:07] | I’m getting to that, aren’t I? | 我就要说了 |
[36:09] | Aren’t I? | 转回头去 |
[36:12] | It turns out Gitomer only knew half the plan. | 真相出来了 Gitomer只知道计划的一半 |
[36:14] | He was the real patsy. | 他真是个易骗的人 |
[36:16] | Stokes had another partner. | Leonard有另外一个同伴一个在游乐节工作的人 |
[36:18] | Someone who worked at the carnival. | |
[36:19] | – Someone who loved him. – Hey, baby, it’s me. | 一个爱他的人一个愿意为他杀人的人 |
[36:21] | Someone who would kill for him. | |
[36:23] | Ferris wheel operator? | 那摩天轮的控制员 |
[36:24] | Wait, how does he know it was the Ferris wheel operator? | 等一下你怎么知道他认识那摩天轮的控制员? |
[36:27] | They were both wearing straight and sober buttons. | 他们都是SAS协会的会员 |
[36:29] | – When do you wanna meet? – Orange ones. | 他们都戴着橙色的纪念章 |
[36:31] | Every chapter has their own color. | 每个协会都有自己的徽章颜色 |
[36:34] | Took me a while to put it together. | 给我一些时间把案情重组起来 |
[36:36] | Stokes didn’t want to make | Leonard不是想让Kirk探员 看起来腐败或者坏脾气 |
[36:37] | Lieutenant Kirk look corrupt or hot-tempered. | Leonard不是想让Kirk探员 看起来腐败或者坏脾气 |
[36:40] | He wanted to make Kirk look like a killer. | 他想让Kirk看起来像是凶手 |
[36:44] | Kitty was there to finish the job. | Kitty就是杀了他的凶手 |
[36:56] | They’ve been here all week. | 他们在这里整个星期了我被盘问了7次 |
[36:58] | I’ve been questioned, like, seven times. | |
[37:00] | Shh, kitty, baby, I got a plan. | Kitty宝贝我有我的计划 |
[37:04] | Yeah, yeah, we’re here. We’re by the spider. | 是的 是的 我们到了 我们就在凶手附近 |
[37:07] | Don’t do anything. | 不要做任何事 什么地方也不要去 我们马上就赶过来 |
[37:08] | Don’t go anywhere. We’re on our way. | 不要做任何事 什么地方也不要去 我们马上就赶过来 |
[37:10] | Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[37:11] | Okay, they’re on their way. They’re on their way. | 他们正在赶来 他们在路上 |
[37:19] | Something’s wrong. | 出问题了 |
[37:23] | Call an ambulance! | 有女人在尖叫 叫救护车 |
[37:29] | Excuse me. | 请让一下 |
[37:35] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[37:39] | He’s still somewhere in the park. | 我不知道 我只听到她大叫 |
[37:40] | There’s no way he can get out of here now. | 他还在这里 他跑不掉的 |
[37:42] | We should go up on the Ferris wheel so we can see everything. | 我们该上摩天轮 那么就能看到所有的东西 |
[37:46] | I got a better idea. | 我有一个更好的主意你上摩天轮 |
[37:47] | You go on the Ferris wheel. You can see everything. | 你能看到所有的东西 |
[37:52] | Do you know how to work it? | – 你知道怎么做吗? |
[37:54] | How hard can it be? | – 能有多难? |
[38:09] | Adrian, stop. It’s perfect. | Adrian 停啊很好 |
[38:18] | You lookin’ for me? Well, here I am. | 找我?我在这 |
[38:21] | – You better hang on. – Adrian. | 你最好不要动 |
[38:22] | This ride’s gonna get pretty wild. | 在这摩天轮上能看到很漂亮的世界 |
[38:24] | Adrian Oh, my God. Adrian… Adrian, he’s up here! | |
[38:25] | Get me down now! | Adrian 他在那里让我下来 |
[38:27] | What? | 什么?他就在上面 |
[38:28] | Stokes is up here! | 什么?他就在上面 |
[38:30] | Get me down now! | 让我下来快 那男的起来了他在干嘛 |
[38:38] | Adrian | Adrian, get me down! |
[38:39] | Please, hurry! | 让我下来快 |
[38:41] | Just hurry up! | – 快点 |
[38:42] | I’m trying! | – 我正在弄 |
[38:45] | What a stupid place to hide. | 藏在这太笨了吧 |
[38:46] | No wonder this guy spent half his life in prison. | 我要让他下半生都在坐牢 |
[38:49] | You just told me down there | 赶紧把我弄下去 |
[38:50] | that you knew how to do this! | 告诉我应该怎么做 |
[38:52] | Hurry up! | 看我对这奇怪的东西不是很了解 |
[38:53] | I am not familiar with this particular model. | 看我对这奇怪的东西不是很了解 |
[38:56] | Do something | 快点 |
[38:57] | and do it fast! | 干点什么啊 |
[39:03] | Damn it, he’s gonna get me, hurry up! | 天啊 他就要捉到我了 |
[39:05] | It’s not working. | 不行啊 |
[39:07] | Will you stop thinking and do something? | 快点 |
[39:13] | Adrian | Adrian! |
[39:15] | He’s got a knife! | 他有刀 |
[39:25] | Oh, my God. | – 天啊 – Adrian 救命 |
[39:26] | Adrian! | – 天啊 |
[39:32] | Adrian, help! | – Adrian 救命 |
[39:36] | What am I doing? | 我在干嘛 |
[39:38] | What am I doing? | |
[39:39] | You’re saving me! | 你在救我 |
[39:41] | Police! | 我们是警察 |
[39:42] | Turn off the damn Ferris wheel. Ahh! | 关掉那该死的摩天轮 |
[39:51] | Give it up, Stokes! | 放弃吧 Stokes |
[40:09] | I’ve been looking forward to this. | 我期待着 |
[40:10] | I’m sure you have too. | 我知道你行的 |
[40:13] | Your badge and your gun. | 你的徽章和你的枪 |
[40:14] | They don’t belong in my desk. | 他们不属于我的桌子 |
[40:16] | They belong with you on the street | 他们属于你 |
[40:17] | where you can do your job. | 出去工作时带着 |
[40:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:29] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[40:31] | Your reinstatement is effective immediately. | 你马上就可以复职 |
[40:35] | All right, vacation’s over, back to work. | 没问题 假期已经结束了 |
[40:38] | Just a… Just a second. | 回去工作 等一下 |
[40:47] | Monk, | 谢谢了Monk |
[40:50] | thanks. | |
[41:02] | Don’t give up. | 不要放弃 |
[41:06] | Wait a minute, is that an order? | 等一下 那是命令吗? |
[41:09] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[41:18] | How’d you guess the jellybeans? | 没错 |
[41:21] | Sharona… Sharona, just give me the shoe. | 你是怎样玩猜糖游戏的? |
[41:23] | No, not until you tell me. | Sharona Sharona 把鞋子给我 |
[41:25] | Come on, this is not funny. | 不 直到你告诉我 |
[41:27] | I can’t walk. | 好了 这一点也不好玩 |
[41:29] | How did you do it? | 这样我不能走 |
[41:32] | All right, I’ll tell you. | 你是怎么做到的? |
[41:33] | As we walked into the carnival | 好吧 |
[41:35] | there was a pile of garbage. | 我告诉你我们在游乐场的时候 |
[41:36] | – A pile of garbage? – Yes. | 地上就有一大堆垃圾 |
[41:38] | And I noticed that they were throwing away | 一堆垃圾?是的我也注意到他们被扔了 |
[41:40] | some empty jellybean boxes. | 有些是空的盒子 |
[41:42] | They were labeled. | |
[41:43] | Each one contained 1,400 jellybeans. | 他们都有标签每个装有1400颗豆 |
[41:45] | There were six boxes. | |
[41:47] | So that’s 8,400 beans. | 这里有6个盒子 |
[41:49] | You figure the kid who ran the game | 所以是8400颗豆 |
[41:50] | ate a couple of handfuls. | 你猜到的那些玩游戏的小孩吃了一些 |
[41:52] | So that’s 8,385. | 那就是8385 |
[41:54] | Now can I have my shoe, please? | 能拿给我鞋子了么? |
[42:05] | You remembered how many empty boxes you saw? | 你还去记了你看到多少空盒子? |
[42:08] | Yes, it’s a blessing and a curse. | 是的 |
[42:12] | Please don’t ever take my shoes again. | 那就是祝福和诅咒 |
[42:17] | Not funny. | 请以后不要再拿我的鞋子 |
[42:19] | Never will be funny. | 一点都不好玩 这永远也不会有趣的 |
[42:20] | Won’t be funny the next time you do it. | 你下次这样做 也不会觉得有趣的 别再笑了 |