时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:55] | Mom, check it out. It glows in the dark. | 妈 快看 它在黑暗中发光 |
[01:00] | Stop playing with the lights. | – 不要玩电灯 |
[01:01] | Hello? | – 喂 |
[01:03] | Will you stop playing with the lights? | – 不要玩电灯好吗? |
[01:05] | Hi, it’s me. | – 喂 是我啊 |
[01:06] | Where do I keep the large casserole dish? | 我把那一大盘砂锅菜放哪里去了?我找不到 |
[01:08] | I can’t find it anywhere. | |
[01:10] | Right of the sink, upper-middle cabinet. | 在水槽的右边 在中间那个橱柜的上层 |
[01:12] | Right of the sink, upper-middle. | 在水槽的右边?中间橱柜的上层? |
[01:15] | No. | 不 不 里面只有爆米花机 |
[01:17] | No, the popcorn maker’s in there. | 不 不 里面只有爆米花机 |
[01:19] | Look, you can write secret messages. | 看 你可以用这写一些秘密的消息 |
[01:22] | You’re going to spill all of that. Take it outside. | 你快弄到周围都是了 把它拿到外面去 |
[01:24] | What is? | -什么? -爆米花机 |
[01:25] | Popcorn maker. | -什么? -爆米花机 |
[01:27] | You don’t have a popcorn maker. | – 你没有爆米花机 |
[01:29] | I think I do. I’m looking right at it. | – 我想我有吧 我正看着它呢 |
[01:32] | Adrian, you’re in the wrong house. | Adrian 你进错屋了 |
[01:37] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[01:39] | Yes, I am sure. I am looking at my caller I.D. | 你确定? 我确定 我正在看我的来电显示号码 |
[01:42] | Adrian, get out of the house. | Adrian 离开那间房子 |
[01:46] | Would you put that phone down, sir? | 先生 放下电话 |
[02:03] | How you doing? You’re clear; Go ahead. | 你好吗?进去吧 |
[02:09] | Don’t worry. It’s gonna be all right. | 不要担心很快就没事 |
[03:18] | You’re going to be fine. | 你很快就没事的了 |
[03:20] | They just want to spend 48 hours with you | 他们只想花48小时来对你观察和测评 |
[03:22] | to observe and evaluate. | |
[03:25] | Check out that “B.” It’s broken. | 啊 |
[03:27] | Looks like an “R.” | 那个B字破了看起来像个R |
[03:29] | – That’s all. – Adrian… | 别这样 A Adrian? |
[03:32] | Adrian | Adrian. |
[03:34] | You’re going to have to take this thing seriously. | 你应该开始对这件事认真点了 |
[03:36] | Judge Hackman says you’re lucky those people didn’t press charges, | 海曼律师说你很幸运 |
[03:40] | or shoot you. | 那些人没有控告你或是向你开枪 |
[03:41] | Now, the director’s name is Moris Lancaster. | 好 那个主管医师的名字是Moris Lancaster |
[03:45] | He’s one of the top psychiatrists in the country. | 他是全国最好的精神病医师之一 |
[03:48] | Moris Lancaster? Yeah, he’s good. | Moris Lancaster?哦 他非常优秀 |
[03:51] | I saw him on CNN. | 我在CNN频道上见过他 |
[03:53] | Who’s the referring doctor? | – 谁是医生啊? |
[03:54] | Me, I’m Dr. Kroger. | – 是我 我是Kroger医生 |
[03:56] | You need to sign here. | 请你在这里签个名 还有这 |
[03:58] | And here. | 请你在这里签个名 还有这 |
[04:00] | Adrian, he’s very good. He’s a very good doctor. | – Adrian 他非常优秀 |
[04:02] | Mr. Monk, how are you? | 他是个非常优秀的医生 – Monk先生 你好吗? |
[04:04] | I don’t know, you tell me. | 我不知道 你告诉我吧 |
[04:08] | My name is Oliver. | 我的名字叫Oliver |
[04:09] | I’m going to take you to see Dr. Lancaster. | 我会带你们去见Lancaster医生 |
[04:11] | He’s anxious to meet you. | 他非常希望见到你们 |
[04:13] | Oliver. | |
[04:14] | Listen, there’s some things you should know. | 听着 有些事情你们必须要知道 |
[04:16] | I’ve been taking care of this man for four years. | 我已经照顾他四年了 |
[04:19] | Um, these are his moist towelettes for germs. | 这些是他的湿毛巾防细菌的 |
[04:24] | He takes three showers every day with a star-shaped nozzle. | 他每天都用这个星状喷头洗3次澡 |
[04:27] | This is the nozzle. | 这就是那个喷头 |
[04:29] | And he needs a five-watt night light for sleeping. | 他睡觉时要开着一盏5瓦特的灯 |
[04:32] | Anything more, he won’t sleep. | 还有 |
[04:34] | And dark-colored pillow cases. | 没有一个深色的枕头套 他睡不着的 |
[04:36] | – Sharona? – Nothing light, okay? | Sharona?Sharona?不要浅色的 明白吗 |
[04:37] | – Sharona? – What? | 什么?你吓到了他 |
[04:39] | You’re scaring the man. | 什么?你吓到了他 |
[04:41] | – No, I’m not. – Well, you’re scaring me. | – 不 我没有 – 但 你吓怕了我 |
[04:43] | Ma’am, your friend’s in good hands. | 好了 你的朋友会得到很好的照顾 |
[04:44] | I’m going to look after him personally. | 我会亲自去照顾他 |
[04:46] | You can trust me. | -你可以相信我 |
[04:48] | Mm-hmm. | – 嗯 |
[04:50] | See, I’m going to be okay. You’re worrying more than I am. | 看到了吗?我会好的 你比我还担心呢 |
[04:52] | Look, I can’t protect you here, Adrian. | 我在这里保护不了你 Adrian |
[04:54] | What could happen? It’s a hospital. | – 会发生什么事? – 这里是医院 |
[04:57] | This is all gonna be over before you even know it. | 无论什么事都会在你意识前很快结束 放心 |
[05:05] | I’m going, okay? | 我走了 行吗? |
[05:17] | Neurotriptyline, Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 神经衰弱 |
[05:21] | It’s a very mild sedative. | 来点温和的镇静剂 |
[05:24] | It’s a little bit like warm milk. | 像热牛奶 |
[05:26] | You do drink milk, don’t you? | – 你不喝牛奶 |
[05:28] | Never. | 对吗? – 从来不喝 |
[05:29] | Oh, well, you just have to take my word for it. | 你照我说的做就行了 |
[05:31] | I’d rather not take any medication while I’m here. | 我不想在这里吃药 |
[05:35] | – Why do you say that? – Because, uh, I don’t need it. | – 为什么这样说? – 因为我不需要 |
[05:38] | I shouldn’t even be here. | 我甚至不应该在这里 |
[05:40] | I know you probably have heard that before. | 我知道你可能已经听说了 |
[05:42] | Why don’t you grab a seat, and we’ll talk about it? | 坐吧 我们可以好好谈一下 |
[05:52] | This is a test, isn’t it? | 这是一个测试 对吗? |
[05:55] | What do you mean? | – 什么意思? |
[05:56] | You want to see which chair I pick. | – 你想看一下我会坐哪张椅子? |
[05:58] | No, Adrian, it’s not a test. | 不 Adrian 这不是测试 |
[06:00] | Just grab a seat. | 挑张椅子坐下就好 |
[06:04] | Oh, left chair. | 哦 左边那张 |
[06:06] | Very interesting. Hmm. | 很有趣 嗯 |
[06:07] | I’m just kidding, relax. It’s just a joke. | 开个玩笑而已 放松点 只是个玩笑 |
[06:12] | That’s a marlin, isn’t it? | – 那是枪鱼 对吗? |
[06:13] | Mm-hmm. | – 嗯 没错 |
[06:15] | That’s right, it’s one of two things I managed | 那是我97年去墨西哥得到的两样东西之一 |
[06:17] | to catch in Mexico in ’97. | |
[06:19] | – What was the other? – Dysentery. | – 那另外一个是什么? – 痢疾 |
[06:21] | What about last week, did you catch anything? | – 上星期怎样?有收获吗? |
[06:23] | Pardon me? | – 什么? |
[06:24] | You just got back from another fishing trip. | 你又去了做了一次钓鱼旅行 |
[06:28] | You were in South America, unless I’m wrong, | 如果我没猜错的话 你去了南美洲 |
[06:30] | which, you know, I’m not. | 你知道的 我没有猜错 |
[06:33] | I was in Argentina, but how did you know all that? | 我是去了阿根廷 但是你怎么全都知道? |
[06:36] | You have needle marks on your arm, | 你手臂上有很明显的针痕 |
[06:38] | it was obviously an inoculation. | 很明显是接种了 |
[06:40] | And your inbox is pretty full. | 还有你的信架也是满满的 |
[06:42] | And, South America? | 为什么是南美洲呢? |
[06:44] | The customs seal on the cigar box is dated last week. | 雪茄盒上的海关印章是上星期盖的 |
[06:48] | Now how did you know it was specifically a fishing trip? | 但是你怎么知道是一次钓鱼旅行? |
[06:51] | You have a blister on the index finger | 在右手的食指的关节上方有水泡 |
[06:54] | of your right hand, just above the knuckle. | |
[06:57] | On most fishing rods, the line chaffs | 大多数钓竿上的钓线 |
[07:01] | the index finger, just above the knuckle. | 都是在食指关节上方摩擦的 |
[07:03] | Well, that’s very impressive. | 好极了 你让我刮目相看 |
[07:05] | We both have similar jobs. | 好极了 你让我刮目相看 我们的工作类似的很 |
[07:07] | We both analyze clues, and solve problems. | 我们都是分析线索和解决问题的 |
[07:10] | Only you look outward, and I look inward. | 只是你只看外表 而我看内涵 |
[07:12] | So now, it’s my turn. So sit. | 现在轮到我了 坐下吧 先生 |
[07:18] | What were you doing in Trudy’s old house yesterday? | 你在干吗 昨天在Trudy的旧房子里? |
[07:23] | Your late wife lived there for… | – 你前妻住在那里吗? |
[07:25] | Yeah, I don’t… I don’t know why I go there. | – 嗯 我也不知道为什么我会去那里 |
[07:27] | Well I’m going to hazard a guess. | 好吧 让我斗胆猜一下 |
[07:29] | I think you went there yesterday to cook Trudy dinner. | 我想你昨天是去给Trudy煮晚饭 |
[07:33] | To cook… | 去给她煮饭 |
[07:35] | Well, that’s absurd. | 简直是荒谬 |
[07:37] | Your file says that you’re allergic to tomatoes. | 你的档案说你对马铃薯过敏 |
[07:39] | So the chicken cacciatore was for her, wasn’t it? | 所以那砂锅菜是为她而弄的 对吗? |
[07:42] | And I’ll bet you it was her favorite meal. | 我敢打赌 那是她最喜欢吃的 |
[07:47] | That’s right. | That’s right. 没错 没错 |
[07:52] | So what was so significant about yesterday? | – 所以所以 嗯 – 昨天有什么特殊意义呢? |
[07:55] | No… nothing. | -那不算什么 |
[07:57] | August 12, | -8月12日 |
[07:59] | unless I’m wrong, which, you know, I’m not, | 除非我错了 但是你知道的 我没有 |
[08:02] | the date has some significance. | 这日子对你们相当有意义 |
[08:05] | Our anniversary. | 我们的周年纪念 |
[08:07] | Not our wedding anniversary. It was the day we met. | 不是结婚周年纪念 |
[08:11] | It was the day we met. | 那是我们相遇的日子 |
[08:14] | You know, it’s not unhealthy or wrong to observe an anniversary. | 你知道 去庆祝一个纪念日没有什么不对 |
[08:18] | But we’re going to find a way for you to do it privately. | 但我们找一个你可以私下庆祝的办法 |
[08:22] | Would that be okay? | 那行吗? |
[08:24] | Yes, please. | 当然 |
[08:27] | I think that your analytical powers… they’re dazzling. | 我想你分析得很准确 那真是太妙了 |
[08:30] | But I think you use them as a prop. | 但我不想你把它作为靠山 |
[08:33] | A prop? | – 靠山? – 作为你逃避解决实际问题的方法 |
[08:34] | As a way to avoid dealing with your real problems. | – 靠山? – 作为你逃避解决实际问题的方法 |
[08:36] | So while you’re here, do me a favor. | 所以当你在这里的时候 |
[08:39] | Don’t be a detective. | 请帮我一下 不要当侦探 |
[08:42] | Let me be the detective. | 让我当侦探好吗? |
[08:44] | Okay? | |
[08:51] | Yes, sir. | 好吧 |
[08:54] | Here’s the bathroom. | 这里是浴室 |
[08:58] | You mean it’s a communal bathroom? | 这是公共浴室? |
[09:01] | Every… Everyone uses it? | 每个人都是这样用的? |
[09:03] | You got a problem with that? | 你有问题吗? |
[09:06] | No, no. | 不 没有 |
[09:13] | This is you. | 这是你的房间 |
[09:15] | Oh. Oh. | 哦 哦 |
[09:22] | Here’s your schedule. | 这是你的时间表 |
[09:23] | The events underlined are not optional; | 划线的事是必须做的 |
[09:25] | they’re mandatory. | 那是强制性的 就是说你必须去做 |
[09:26] | I means you have to go. | 那是强制性的 就是说你必须去做 |
[09:28] | I know what mandatory means. | – 我知道什么叫强制性 |
[09:30] | Lights out at 9:00. | – 9点熄灯 |
[09:31] | Any questions? | 还有问题吗? |
[09:32] | Can I make a phone call? | 还有问题吗? 我可以打个电话吗? |
[09:34] | You’re allowed one outgoing phone call every day. | 你每天只可以向外打一个电话 |
[09:37] | Your time slot’s 11:25 am. | 你从明天11点25分开始 如果你迟到了 |
[09:39] | If you’re late, you’re going to have to wait till tomorrow. | 你就要等到第二天 |
[09:41] | Do you want the door open or shut? | 你要门开着还是关着? |
[09:43] | Shut. | |
[09:45] | Um… | 关着 |
[09:47] | Uh, open. | 嗯嗯 还是开着吧 |
[09:48] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[09:50] | Shut. | 关 关上 |
[09:53] | No, oh… oh… oh… | 不 开开看吧 |
[09:55] | Definitely open. | 确定要开着 开着吧 |
[09:56] | Just open. Definitely open. | 确定要开着 |
[09:58] | Open. | 开着 |
[10:09] | Oh, hey, how you doing? I’m John. | 哦 |
[10:12] | Adrian Monk. | 你好吗?我是John |
[10:13] | Guess we’re roommates then. | 看来我们是室友了 |
[10:16] | What are you in for? | 你在干吗? |
[10:18] | Uh, just… | 你在干吗? 嗯 只是 |
[10:20] | just observation, really. | -只是观察看看 |
[10:22] | Likewise… observation and evaluation. | 真的 -观察和评价 |
[10:24] | The old “O and E.” | 老式的身体检查 72小时? |
[10:25] | – 72 hours? – 48. | 老式的身体检查 72小时? |
[10:27] | Yeah, me too. | 48小时 哦 |
[10:29] | Just got here myself yesterday morning. | 我也是 我昨天早上自己来的 |
[10:31] | So what do you do for a living, Mr. Monk? | 你是做什么工作的?Monk先生 |
[10:32] | I’m a… I’m a detective. | 我是 我是一个侦探 |
[10:36] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑吧? |
[10:38] | What? | 什么? |
[10:39] | That’s what I do. I’m a detective. | 什么? – 那是我的职业 我也是一个侦探 – 真的吗? |
[10:41] | Really? | 我在索诺马轩警署待了7年 凶杀组副队长 二级侦探 |
[10:42] | Seven years. Sonoma County. Lieutenant, second-grade Homicide. | 我在索诺马轩警署待了7年 凶杀组副队长 二级侦探 |
[10:46] | Really? | – 真的吗? |
[10:47] | This is unbelievable. | – 真是难以置信 |
[10:49] | That’s a lot of laundry | 对于一个昨天才来的人 |
[10:51] | for a guy who just got here yesterday. | 这有太多要洗的衣服吧 |
[10:55] | Thanks, thanks a lot. | 谢谢 非常感谢 来吧 |
[10:57] | Come on, let me give you a grand tour. | 让我带你周围看看 |
[11:02] | The cafeteria closes at 7:00. | 餐厅7点关门 |
[11:05] | It’s buffet-style. | 自助餐 |
[11:07] | This is the music room. | 这是音乐室 |
[11:10] | And if you go through these doors, down the hall, | 如果你穿过这扇门下到大厅可以去医务室 |
[11:12] | that’ll take you to the infirmary. | |
[11:16] | This is the monkey room. | 这是猴子房间 |
[11:18] | Funny story about how it got its name. | 关于这个名字有一个有趣的故事 |
[11:20] | What is it? | – 什么? – 我们都不知道 我们只知道有一个有趣的故事 |
[11:21] | We don’t know; We just know there’s a funny story. | – 什么? – 我们都不知道 我们只知道有一个有趣的故事 |
[11:26] | What’s all this? | 那些是什么? |
[11:27] | They’re tearing down the old walls. | 他们正拆掉旧墙皮重新粉刷 |
[11:29] | They’re bringing it up to code. | |
[11:30] | It’s a pretty big project. | 那真是一项大工程 |
[11:32] | I used to be in construction, myself. | 我也曾经从事过建筑业 |
[11:33] | – Before you became a cop. – Exactly. Yeah. | – 在你当警察之前 – 没错 |
[11:38] | Who’s this? | 这是谁? |
[11:40] | This is Doris Medford. | 这是Doris Mumford |
[11:42] | She was the first director here. | 她是这里的第一个主管 |
[11:44] | These are all of the other directors. | 这些是其他的主管 |
[11:46] | Dead, dead, dead. | 死了 死了 死了 |
[11:49] | Not dead, yet. | 还没死 |
[11:52] | – Hello, Wurster. – Torch. | – 你好 Wurster |
[11:54] | She burned her boyfriend’s house down. | 她把她男朋友的房子给烧了 |
[12:01] | This is the quiet room. | 这是静思室 |
[12:03] | Don’t get sent here. | 不要被关进去 |
[12:13] | Oh, boy. | – 嗨 |
[12:15] | What’s this? | – 哦 那是什么? |
[12:17] | This is the medical supply room. | 这是药房 |
[12:19] | Gives me the creeps. | 小心点 |
[12:21] | Why? | – 为什么? |
[12:23] | There was a murder here. | – 这里曾经有谋杀 |
[12:25] | Oh, really, a murder? | 噢 真的吗?谋杀? |
[12:28] | An unsolved murder. | 还没解决的谋杀案 |
[12:30] | Conrad Gould, the assistant director, | Conrad Gould 主管助理 |
[12:32] | well, he was killed right here four years ago. | 他4年前在这里被杀了 |
[12:36] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 他是一个好人 给我杂志看 |
[12:38] | He was a great guy. | 嗯 |
[12:39] | He gave me magazines. | 他是一个好人 给我杂志看 |
[12:41] | Playboys. | 花花公子 |
[12:43] | – Right. – Hey, hey. | 对 嘿嘿 |
[12:45] | Maybe we can solve it together, huh? | 或许我们可以一齐解决它 嗯? |
[12:47] | Yeah, sure. Great. | 当然 太好了 对 |
[12:51] | What… What happened, exactly? | 到底发生什么事了? |
[12:54] | Well, Dr. Gould was taking inventory, | Gould先生正像往常一样在看详细目录 |
[12:56] | like he did every night. | |
[12:58] | A patient named Bill LaFrankie was waiting for him. | 一个叫Bill Lafrankie的病人藏在药房里 |
[13:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:04] | Capped him in the chest. | 击中医生胸部 |
[13:06] | Then he fled S.O.C. | 然后他就逃离SOC |
[13:08] | S.O.C.? | – 没错 |
[13:10] | Yeah, “scene of the crime.” It’s cop-talk. | 犯罪现场 警察都这么说的 |
[13:15] | They found him in the woods the next morning. | 他们第二天在森林里找到他 |
[13:17] | He was dead. | 他死了 用止痛片了结了自己 |
[13:18] | He shot himself up with Demerol. | 他死了 用止痛片了结了自己 |
[13:20] | Uh, I’m a little confused. | 嗯 我有一点迷惑 |
[13:21] | Why would you call it an unsolved murder? | 为什么你说这是未解决的案子? |
[13:25] | Well, I wasn’t 100% satisfied with the official version. | – 我并不是100%满意官方的说法 |
[13:28] | – You weren’t? – No, sir. | – 你不满意? |
[13:30] | They never found the gun, first of all. | 没错 首先他们还没找到那把枪 |
[13:32] | Plus, Bill LaFrankie was my roommate. | 再加上Bill Lafrankie是我的室友 |
[13:34] | He was a devout Buddhist. He wouldn’t hurt a spider. | 他是一个虔诚的佛教徒 他连蜘蛛也不会杀 |
[13:36] | Speaking of spiders, there was a guy here | 说到蜘蛛 大概两年前 |
[13:38] | named Jim Robertello about two… two years ago. | 这里有一个叫Jame Robertaler |
[13:41] | No… no, about three years ago. | 不 大概三年以前 |
[13:44] | No, no, no. Two years… | 不 不 不两年 |
[13:45] | Two… two or three. | 两年或三年 或者两年半吧 |
[13:46] | About two and a half years ago, maybe. | 两年或三年 或者两年半吧 |
[13:47] | Doesn’t really matter. | -这没啥关系 |
[13:49] | It doesn’t really matter how many years ago it was. | -确切是多少年并没关系 |
[13:50] | But he had a spider named Jesse. | 但是他有一只叫Jassy的蜘蛛 |
[13:51] | Jesse the spider. | Jassy每次听到维斯尼尔森的音乐 |
[13:53] | And Jesse… every time you played a Willie Nelson record, | 就会跳舞 |
[13:54] | he would start dancing, you know, he’d get into it. | 它很陶醉 传说中的舞蹈家 所有的臂膀 |
[13:56] | I don’t know if it was dancing or a cha cha or something. | 它很陶醉 传说中的舞蹈家 所有的臂膀 |
[13:57] | – What’s going on? – Oh, hey Oliver. | 怎么了 |
[14:00] | This is a restricted area. | 噢 嘿 |
[14:01] | Wurster, you know that. | Oliver 这里是禁区 Wurster你是知道的 |
[14:02] | Yeah, I was just telling Mr. Monk about Dr. Gould. | 我只是告诉Monk先生关于Gould的事 |
[14:05] | That’s ancient history. | 那已经是远古的历史了 |
[14:06] | Mr. Monk has enough problems. | Monk先生已经有够多的麻烦了 |
[14:09] | You’re late. Time for our therapy. | 你迟到了 |
[14:11] | Thanks. | 艺术治疗的时间 |
[14:15] | Hey, fellas. Carry on. | 嘿 Falass 继续 |
[14:18] | Now remember, this is supposed to be a self-portrait. | 记住 这相当于个人自画像 |
[14:20] | How do you feel about yourself? | 你觉得自己怎样?仔细思考一下 |
[14:23] | Look deep inside, there’s no right or wrong. | |
[14:25] | It’s all over my hands. | 没有什么对和错的 用自己的感性 |
[14:26] | Very good. I love those eyes. | 很好 我喜欢这眼睛 |
[14:28] | Excuse me, doctor, is there a sink nearby? | 打扰一下 医生 附近有水槽吗? |
[14:30] | I got… I need to wash up. | 我要洗刷一下 |
[14:32] | Will you shut him up? | 你可以让他别出声吗? |
[14:34] | He has been whining since he walked in here. | 他自从来到这里就开始唠唠叨叨的 |
[14:36] | “It’s too hot, it’s too cold, I have charcoal on my hands!” | 这里太热 这里太冷 |
[14:39] | Jane, what did we talk about yesterday? | 我好像拿着一块烧炭 Annie 我们昨天谈了些什么? |
[14:43] | Controlling the urge to lash out. | 控制自己的情绪不要横冲直撞 |
[14:45] | So do you have something you want to say to Mr. Monk? | 你有什么要对Monk先生说的吗? |
[14:48] | – Sorry. – It’s okay. | 对不起 |
[14:51] | I do have a little charcoal on my hands. | 没关系 我确实拿着一块小烧炭(指画笔) |
[14:52] | Dr. Lancaster. | Lancaster医生 |
[14:54] | Dr. Lancaster, guess what I’m painting. | Lancaster医生 Lancaster医生 你猜我在画什么 |
[14:56] | Santa Claus. | 圣诞老人 |
[14:57] | All right, all right, all right. | 没错 没错 |
[14:59] | Huh. | 嗯 |
[15:00] | Well, you know this is supposed to be a self-portrait. | 你知道 我要让你们画的是自画像 |
[15:04] | That’s me. | 那就是我 |
[15:05] | Hmm, why are you so small? | 嗯 为什么你这么小 |
[15:07] | Everybody’s small compared to Santa. | 与圣诞老人相比每个人都显得那么渺小 |
[15:10] | He actually sits up every night and waits for him. | 他可能每晚都没睡来等他 |
[15:13] | I have a feeling he’s on his way. | 我觉得他正赶过来外面明显转冷了 |
[15:15] | It’s definitely getting colder outside. | |
[15:17] | It’s August, whack-job. | 现在还是八月 笑话 |
[15:19] | All right, okay. Back to work. | 好了 来吧 回去工作 |
[15:20] | Come on. Come on, go ahead. | 好了 |
[15:22] | Good. | 来吧 回去工作 |
[15:27] | Is there a problem, Mr. Monk? | Monk先生 有问题吗? |
[15:29] | I’m having a little trouble getting started. | 我觉得开始时有些小麻烦 |
[15:31] | Mm-hmm. Do you know why? | 嗯 你知道为什么吗? |
[15:34] | Uh-uh. | 嗯 嗯 |
[15:36] | Maybe it’s because you’re afraid it won’t be perfect. | 可能因为你害怕自己不能做到尽善尽美吧 |
[15:39] | And you’re right; It won’t be perfect. | 你说对了永远也不可以尽善尽美 |
[15:40] | Not everything is going to be perfect. | 没有事情可以尽善尽美的 |
[15:43] | But come on, why don’t you just draw something? | 但是为什么你不画一些东西? |
[15:45] | I’ve only got you for 48 hours. | 我和你在一起只有48小时 |
[15:49] | It’s too small. | |
[16:03] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[16:05] | How does it feel? | 你觉得怎样? |
[16:08] | It feels good. | 觉得很好 |
[16:40] | Into the quiet room! She’s gonna need more meds! | 带去静思房 多给她弄点药 |
[16:43] | Call Dr. Lancaster, | 叫Lancaster医生 |
[16:45] | and tell him that Jane’s losing it! | 告诉他Annie发疯了 |
[16:47] | Try his cell phone! | 打他的移动电话 |
[17:16] | Santa. | 圣诞老人 |
[17:27] | I went to the Stop and Shop. | 我去买东西了 |
[17:29] | But instead of walking home up Divisidero Street, | 并没有回家在街上闲逛 |
[17:33] | I… I turned left and I walked down Trudy’s old street | 我 我左转 |
[17:39] | to her house. | 然后 去到了Trudy旧房子那里 |
[17:40] | Door was open, so I walked in. | 门开着 所以我进去了 |
[17:45] | And how did you feel being in the house again? | 那你再次回到那房子有什么感觉? |
[17:48] | Content. | 非常满意 |
[17:50] | Not a care in the world. | 没有比这更好的了 |
[17:51] | Adrian, when did this urge begin to manifest itself? | Adrian 这种欲望什么时候开始表现出来的? |
[17:54] | John, I’ll run the therapy session today, okay? | John 今天我来进行治疗怎样? |
[17:57] | Fair enough. | 好的 迟点我们可以私下谈谈 |
[17:58] | And later, you and I can talk privately. | 好的 迟点我们可以私下谈谈 |
[17:59] | About Monk? | – 关于Monk的? |
[18:00] | No, about your tendency to over-empathize. | – 不是 关于你的偏心 |
[18:03] | I feel like I’m back in medical school again. | 我觉得我好像回到医学院一样 |
[18:05] | Dr. Lancaster, can I go next? | Lancaster医生可以进行下一步了吗? |
[18:07] | Uh, just a minute, just a minute, okay? | 等一下 |
[18:08] | Go ahead. | 等一下好吗?继续吧 |
[18:10] | I, uh… | 我 嗯 我真的为Huck而伤心 |
[18:11] | I really feel sorry for the Haskells. | 我 嗯 我真的为Huck而伤心 |
[18:14] | Who are the Haskells? | 谁是Huck? |
[18:16] | – Who are the Haskells? | |
[18:18] | The couple that live in the house. | 谁是Huck? – |
[18:20] | Nick and Josie. Sweet people. | 住在那房子里的那对夫妇Nick和Josie 甜蜜的人 |
[18:23] | And, uh… I… | 嗯 我 |
[18:27] | My wife had a necklace exactly like that. | 我妻子有一条差不多的项链 |
[18:31] | Well I’m not giving it to you, if that’s what you’re getting at. | 如果那是你想要的 但我不会把它给你 |
[18:33] | Dr. Lancaster, can I please go next? | Lancaster医生 |
[18:37] | Yes. | 我可以进行下一步了吗? |
[18:39] | Last night, I saw Santa Claus. | 昨天晚上 我看到圣诞老人了 |
[18:42] | All right, I’m sure we’d all like to hear about it. | -好的 我想我们都想听一下继续吧 -求你了 |
[18:44] | – Go ahead. – Okay. | 好的 |
[18:46] | It was around 4:00. I was asleep in my room. | 那时差不多4点 |
[18:50] | I heard sounds outside. | 我在房里睡觉 我听到外面有声音 |
[18:52] | They were footsteps on the roof. | 屋顶有脚步声 |
[18:55] | And I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. | 我从床上跳下来看发生了什么事 |
[18:59] | It was him. | 是他 |
[19:01] | As big as life. | 和现实中一样大 |
[19:02] | He was standing by the big chimney, | 他站在大烟囱旁边 |
[19:04] | getting ready to slide down. | 准备向下滑 |
[19:06] | Then… | 然后他的移动电话响了 |
[19:08] | His cell phone rang. | |
[19:11] | – His cell phone? – Uh-huh. | 他的移动电话? |
[19:13] | He answered it, and then he started talking to somebody. | 嗯 他接了 然后开始和别人说话 |
[19:17] | It’s true, I can prove it. I took his picture. | 我肯定我可以证实我拍了照片 |
[19:19] | You… you took some pictures? | – 你 你拍了照片? – 是的 |
[19:21] | Yeah. I always keep my camera by the window. | – 你 你拍了照片? – 是的 我的窗旁总放着照相机 |
[19:24] | Well, I’m sure we’d all like to see them when they get developed. | 我想当照片洗出来时我们都想见识一下 |
[19:28] | And, who’s next? | 谁是下一个? |
[19:31] | Well, that’s not a pair. | 那不是一对的 |
[19:32] | Actually, that’s a Jack, and this is a King. | 实际上 那是士兵 这是国王 |
[19:39] | Close enough. | 勉强算一对 |
[19:43] | What are you looking for? | – 你在找什么? |
[19:44] | My camera. | – 我的照相机 |
[19:46] | I put it down right there. I know I did. | 我把它放在这了的 我肯定 |
[19:49] | Manny. | Manny 你昨晚什么时候看到圣诞老人? |
[19:51] | Manny What time did you see, | |
[19:53] | you know, Santa Claus last night? | 你昨晚什么时候看到圣诞老人? |
[19:55] | 3:47 am exactly. | 准确来说是凌晨3点47分 |
[19:57] | I made a note. | 我做了记录 |
[20:00] | You wanna see where I saw him? | 你想知道我在哪里看到他吗? |
[20:04] | Everyone thinks it’s just a children’s story. | 每个人都认为那是小孩子的故事 |
[20:06] | Of course, the Macy’s parade guy | 当然Macy的游行 |
[20:08] | and the department store Santas are actors. | 和百货公司的圣诞老人都是演员扮的 |
[20:10] | I’m not an idiot. | 我不是白痴 |
[20:11] | But there have been over 400 documented sightings of Saint Nicholas. | 有上400份证明文件 |
[20:16] | Scientifically documented. | 都是相当科学的 |
[20:18] | It’s on the internet, so you know it’s true. | 在互联网上也有 所以你也认为它是真的 |
[20:21] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[20:23] | Look. | 看 |
[20:25] | That’s an actual picture. | 就是这张照片 |
[20:27] | Well, Manny, that could be anything. | Manny 那可以是其他任何东西 |
[20:30] | It’s Santa Claus. | 那是圣诞老人 |
[20:34] | What happened here? | – 这是怎么回事? |
[20:36] | Mr. Richter. | – Richard先生 |
[20:38] | He didn’t want to move. | 他根本不想搬走 |
[20:39] | He had this room before me. He put up a big fight. | 他原先就住在这里 他反抗了很久 |
[20:42] | – This happen recently? – Last week. | – 什么时候的事? – 上星期 |
[20:45] | I’ve been on the waiting list for this room for 11 years. | 我等这间房已经等了11年了 |
[20:48] | Last week, Dr. Lancaster said I could have it. | 上星期 |
[20:53] | I wish I had my camera. | Lancaster医生说我可以住进来了 我真希望找回我的照相机 |
[20:55] | I had real proof. | 我有榷着的证据 |
[20:57] | This… this is where you saw him, huh? | 你就在这里看到他的 对吗? |
[21:01] | Uh-huh. | 嗯嗯 他站在那 |
[21:02] | He was standing right over there. | 嗯嗯 他站在那 |
[21:07] | And then his cell phone rang. | 然后他的移动电话响了 他也接了 |
[21:09] | He answered it, and then he went back that way, out of sight. | 然后他就往回走 并消失了 |
[21:12] | – What’s that? – Where? | – 那是什么? – 哪里? |
[21:14] | On the chimney. | 在烟囱上看起来像是衣服的碎片 |
[21:15] | It looks like a rag, | 在烟囱上看起来像是衣服的碎片 |
[21:16] | or a piece of cloth. | 噢 |
[21:20] | Manny, just don’t fall. | Manny 不要摔下去了 |
[21:22] | Falling is bad, you know that, right? | 摔下去就不好了 对吧? |
[21:26] | Be careful. | – 小心 – 嗯 嗯 |
[21:27] | Uh-huh. | 你也知道 那里地心引力很强 |
[21:28] | There’s a lot of, you know, gravity out there. | 你也知道 那里地心引力很强 |
[21:32] | Can you reach it? | 能拿到吗? |
[21:33] | I think so. | 应该可以吧 |
[21:37] | Okay, Manny, look around. | 好了 Manny周围看一下 |
[21:40] | Are there any footprints? | 有没有什么脚印? |
[21:43] | I see mine. | – 我看到我自己的 |
[21:45] | Besides yours. | – 除了你的 |
[21:47] | Yes! They’re all over! | 有啊 周围都是 |
[21:51] | He was here! | 他真的来过 |
[21:56] | This is proof, isn’t it? This is evidence. | 这就是证据 对吗?这是证据 |
[21:58] | Oh, I can’t wait till my next session. | 哦 |
[22:00] | This’ll shut ’em up. | 我不能再等到下次开庭了 这已足以让他们无话可说 |
[22:02] | Manny Actually, Manny, I think we should | |
[22:04] | probably keep this just between you and me. | 实际上 我想这最好只有我们两个知道 |
[22:06] | No, why? | – 不 |
[22:07] | Well, maybe we’ll find more proof. | 为什么? – 或许我们可以找到更多的证据 |
[22:10] | And then, they’ll have to believe us. | 然后他们就不得不相信我们 |
[22:13] | – Fine. – Good. | – 好 – 好 |
[22:15] | By the way, Manny, | Manny 顺便问一下 |
[22:18] | were you here when Dr. Gould was murdered? | Gould医生被杀时你在这里吗? |
[22:21] | Oh, yeah, they quoted me in the newspaper. | 噢 是的 |
[22:24] | I’ll show you. | 报纸上也提到了我 我拿来给你看 |
[22:30] | I saved all the articles. | 我保存了所有的文章 |
[22:33] | “An unidentified patient stated that Dr. Gould | 一个不愿透露姓名的病人说 |
[22:37] | was very popular, and would be greatly missed.” | Gould医生非常受欢迎 大家都会怀念他 |
[22:39] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 那就是我 那个不愿透露姓名的病人 |
[22:40] | That’s me, the unidentified patient. | 嗯 那就是我 那个不愿透露姓名的病人 |
[22:49] | This table needs to move over here, | – 这张桌子要移走 |
[22:51] | out of the way. | – 别挡路 |
[22:54] | Perfect. | 太好了 就放这 |
[22:55] | Okay, this is medical closet. | – 好的 |
[22:57] | That’s the arts and crafts closet. | 这就是药物储藏室 – 那是艺术和工艺品储藏室 |
[23:00] | I know. But we’re pretending it’s the medical closet. | 我知道 但是我们正假装这就是药物储藏室 |
[23:04] | That’s the arts and crafts closet. | 那是艺术和工艺品储藏室 |
[23:06] | Okay, Manny, | – 好的 Manny |
[23:07] | you’re Dr. Gould. | 你就是Gould医生 – 好的 |
[23:08] | You’re making your rounds. | – 你正在做自己的事 |
[23:10] | You’re coming down the hall. | 你正走进大厅 – |
[23:12] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 嗯 |
[23:15] | Oh, yeah. | 他经常清耳根 |
[23:16] | He used to clean his ear, remember? | 记得吗? |
[23:18] | You enter the supply room. | 你进入药品供应室 |
[23:21] | There’s the cabinet. | 有个橱柜 |
[23:22] | You unlock it. | 你打开它 |
[23:27] | Okay, Johnny, you’re Bill LaFrankie. | – 好 John你是Bill – 好的 |
[23:29] | Yeah. | – 你想偷一些药品 – 好的 |
[23:30] | You’re looking to steal some drugs. | – 你想偷一些药品 – 好的 |
[23:31] | Yeah. | 你偷偷摸摸地走到医生旁边 |
[23:32] | You sneak up on the doctor. | 你偷偷摸摸地走到医生旁边 |
[23:35] | And… | – 然后嘣 – 嘣嘣 |
[23:37] | – | – Bang. |
[23:39] | Bang. | Bang. |
[23:40] | Dr. Gould is dead. | 然后 Gould医生死了 |
[23:45] | LaFrankie goes to steal the drugs. | Frankie去偷药品 |
[23:50] | And you run away. | 然后逃走 |
[23:52] | Run away. | 逃走 |
[24:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:02] | Let me think. | 让我想一下 |
[24:15] | Keys. | 钥匙 |
[24:19] | Manny left the keys in the door. | Manny把钥匙留在门上 |
[24:22] | Which is what… | 那是所有人都会做的事 |
[24:24] | Is what anybody would do. | |
[24:26] | But look at the picture. | 但看那幅图画 |
[24:31] | Look at where the keys are. | 钥匙在这里 |
[24:34] | Keys are still in the doctor’s pocket. | 钥匙还留在医生的口袋里 |
[24:39] | I don’t think he ever opened the locker. | 我不认为他曾经开过那把锁 |
[24:43] | Maybe LaFrankie shot him… | 可能是 Frankie开枪了 |
[24:48] | Took his keys, and then opened it. | 拿了他的钥匙 然后开锁 |
[24:53] | Why would an addict, desperate for drugs, | 为什么一个吸毒者会为了得到毒品 杀了人 |
[24:56] | return the keys to the doctor’s pocket? | 然后还记得把钥匙放回医生的口袋? |
[24:59] | I don’t think LaFrankie did it. | 我不认为是Frankie做的 |
[25:02] | I think the killer had his own keys. | – 我认为那个杀手自己有钥匙 |
[25:05] | You mean, he worked here? | – 你是说他在这里工作? |
[25:08] | What’s going on? | 你们在干什么? |
[25:12] | They’re killing Dr. Gould. | 他们在谋杀Gould医生 |
[25:26] | Now listen to me, Mr. Monk. | 听我说 Monk先生 |
[25:28] | Not only was Dr. Gould my colleague, | Gould医生不单只是我的同事 |
[25:32] | he was my best friend. | 他还是我最好的朋友 |
[25:34] | And I do not appreciate you joking about it. | 我不喜欢你拿这个来开玩笑 |
[25:37] | I wasn’t joking. | – 我不是在开玩笑 – 嗯 嗯 |
[25:39] | Do you know what a delusion is? | 你知道错觉是什么吗? |
[25:41] | It’s a false belief sustained, | 那是一个持续着德错误观念 |
[25:43] | despite clear evidence to the contrary. | 尽管已经有明确的相反证据 |
[25:46] | The fishing line. | – 钓鱼线 |
[25:48] | Pardon me? What? | – 什么?你说什么? |
[25:51] | There was a fishing line in this rod. | 杆上应该有一条钓鱼线 |
[25:54] | Where did it go? | – 去哪了? – 你认为发生什么事了? |
[25:55] | Well what do you think happened to it, Adrian? | – 去哪了? – 你认为发生什么事了? |
[25:56] | You think I used it to strangle somebody in the ward? | 你认为我在病房用钓鱼线来扼死某人? |
[25:58] | Dr. Lancaster. | Lancaster医生 |
[26:00] | I’m sorry to interrupt, but I heard he was in here. | 对不起打断你 |
[26:02] | – Where is it? – What? | 但是我听到他就在这里 – 在哪里? – 什么? |
[26:05] | You know what! My necklace. | 你知道什么 我的项链 |
[26:06] | The one you said reminded you of your wife. | 你说你想起你妻子的那条 |
[26:08] | He stole it. I know he did. | – 他把它偷了 |
[26:09] | This is ridiculous. | 我知道是他做的 – 真是荒谬 |
[26:11] | I took it off in the infirmary. That’s the last time I had it. | 我把它从医务室里拿出来那是我最后一次见到它 |
[26:13] | You were in there! | – 你在那里 |
[26:15] | Well, there’s a simple way to solve this | – 有一个简单的解决方法 |
[26:16] | Adrian, empty your pockets. | Adrian 清空你的口袋 |
[26:27] | Oh, my God. | – 噢 我的天啊 |
[26:28] | Thank you. Very much. | – 谢谢你 非常感谢 |
[26:32] | How did that get there? | 怎么会在你那里? |
[26:35] | I swear I… don’t remember taking it. | 我发誓 我不记得我曾经碰过它 |
[26:39] | I know you don’t. I know. | 我知道你没有 我知道 |
[26:45] | I’m sorry I yelled at you. | 对不起我对你大喊大叫 |
[26:47] | I was just like you when I got here. | 我刚来的时候也和你一样 |
[26:51] | I was seeing things that weren’t there. | 到处找那些不存在的东西 |
[26:54] | The night Dr. Gould was murdered, | Gould医生被杀的那天晚上 |
[26:57] | I saw Bill LaFrankie running with a gun. | 我看到Frankie拿着一只枪在跑 |
[27:01] | – You did? – Mm-hmm. | – 是吗? – 嗯 嗯 |
[27:04] | I was trying to get to a payphone. | 我尝试去找公共电话 |
[27:06] | But, in my mind, | 但是在我脑海里 |
[27:09] | I saw Dr. Lancaster with the gun. | 我是看见Lancaster医生拿着一把枪 |
[27:15] | Like I was projecting my rage | 就象是把我对Lancaster医生的怨愤 |
[27:19] | for Dr. Lancaster onto Bill LaFrankie. | 都转嫁到Frankie身上 |
[27:24] | I see. | 我明白 |
[27:26] | Dr. Lancaster was trying to help me. | Lancaster医生想帮助我 |
[27:28] | I resented him. | 我却怨恨他 |
[27:32] | Me too. | – 我也是 |
[27:34] | Welcome to my world. | – 欢迎来到我的世界 |
[27:40] | Time for your medication, Mr. Monk. | 是吃药的时间了 Monk先生 |
[27:42] | Dr. Lancaster’s orders. | 是Lancaster医生的命令 |
[27:49] | I’m slipping away. | 我怎么了? |
[27:52] | What’s wrong with me? | 到底出了什么问题? |
[27:54] | Hold on, Monk. Hold on. | 坚持 Monk 坚持 |
[28:00] | If anything, his behavior has deteriorated. | 如果他的情况正在恶化 |
[28:03] | We may have to keep him here longer than we thought. | 我们可能要他留院更长的时间 |
[28:05] | Well, how much longer? | – 留多久? |
[28:07] | It’s hard to say. It could be a month. | – 很难说 可能要一个月 |
[28:08] | A month? | – 一个月? – 可能要一年 |
[28:09] | Or it could be as long as a year. | – 一个月? – 可能要一年 |
[28:11] | Adrian is bipolar, he is delusional, and he’s paranoid. | Adrian有两重人格有妄想症 还常常有幻觉 |
[28:15] | He sees murder mysteries everywhere he turns. | 他去到哪里都好像看到谋杀案 |
[28:19] | In fact, he’s befriended another patient, | 实际上他和另外一个病人很要好 |
[28:21] | and the two of them are trying to prove | 他们俩想证明 |
[28:22] | that Santa Claus really does exist. | 圣诞老人真的存在的 |
[28:24] | Santa Claus? | – 圣诞老人? – 嗯 嗯 他们在屋顶上找证据 |
[28:25] | Mm-hmm, they went out on the roof collecting evidence. | – 圣诞老人? – 嗯 嗯 他们在屋顶上找证据 |
[28:28] | It would be funny if it wasn’t so dysfunctional. | 那太有趣了 如果这不是那么没用的话 |
[28:30] | Adrian, look who’s here. | Adrian 看看谁来了 |
[28:34] | Hey, boss. | 嘿 |
[28:37] | How you feeling? | 老板 你觉得怎样? |
[28:38] | Ah, I feel good. | 哦 挺好 |
[28:40] | I can’t… I can’t wait to get home. | 我想再等了 我想快点回家 |
[28:44] | Well, we were just talking about that. | 好的 我们也正谈论这件事 |
[28:47] | Adrian, would you mind if I showed your friend | Adrian 你不介意我给你的朋友看一下 |
[28:49] | some of the artwork that you made yesterday? | 你昨天创作的艺术吧 |
[28:54] | Here it is. All right. | 噢 在这里 |
[29:02] | Did I draw that? | – 是我画的吗? |
[29:04] | You don’t remember? | – 你不记得了吗? |
[29:07] | Isn’t that Trudy’s grave? | 那不是Trudy的墓穴吗? |
[29:10] | Um, Dr. Lancaster said that you saw Santa Claus? | 嗯 Lancaster医生说你看到圣诞老人 |
[29:16] | No, we didn’t actually see him. | 不 我们没有真正看到他 |
[29:20] | Manny took a picture. | Manny拍了一张照片但是他的照相机不见了 |
[29:22] | But he lost the camera. | |
[29:24] | But we found a piece of a red suit. | 但是我们找到一片 红色的衣服 |
[29:28] | We’d love to see it, Adrian. | 我们想看一下 Adrian |
[29:31] | It was in here. | 就在这 |
[29:35] | It was here! It was in here! | 在这里 就在这里的 |
[29:38] | A little piece of fabric. You know, Santa’s… | 是一块布 你看 |
[29:42] | Santa’s, you know, suit. | 是圣诞老人圣诞老人的套装 |
[29:44] | Okay, no, no. | 好 不 不 |
[29:46] | It was a piece of fabric, and… | 那只是一块布 还 |
[29:51] | – Doctor. – Mm-hmm? | 医生?我们可以私下谈一下吗? |
[29:53] | – Can I talk to you privately? – Sure. | |
[29:55] | Santa’s suit. | 像圣诞老人的衣服 肯定 |
[29:59] | He’s not himself. He needs me. | 那不是他 他需要我 |
[30:02] | Look, I could be here two, three times a week, okay? | 看 我每个星期来这里两三次可以吗? |
[30:05] | I still have my license. | 我还有护士的资格证 或者你能让我在这里工作 |
[30:06] | Maybe they can give me a job here. | 我还有护士的资格证 或者你能让我在这里工作 |
[30:07] | Sharona, I know you mean well. | Sharona 我知道你是善意 |
[30:09] | But the less contact Adrian has with his old life, the better. | 但是Adrian越远离他以前的生活越好 |
[30:13] | You can write him a letter, | 你可以给他写信 |
[30:14] | you can bring him something from home, | 你可以从家里带些东西给他 |
[30:16] | I’m sure he’d like that, but no visits. | 我肯定他会喜欢的 但是不要探望他 |
[30:25] | Adrian. | 看 Adrian |
[30:27] | Uh, listen, I… I… | 听着 |
[30:29] | I can’t take you home right now. | 我现在不能带你回家 |
[30:31] | Sharona | Sharona, look at his shoes. |
[30:33] | Just look at his shoes. | 看看他的鞋子 就看看他的鞋子 |
[30:36] | They’re smudged. | 被弄脏了 |
[30:38] | Could be soot. | 很可能是被烟灰弄脏 |
[30:40] | Those are boat shoes. | 那是船鞋 |
[30:42] | They’re made for traction. | 是攀登用的 |
[30:45] | And I think he has been walking on the roof. | 我想他是在屋顶上走 |
[30:49] | Adrian. | |
[30:51] | Just try to listen to Dr. Lancaster, okay? | 认真听Lancaster医生的好吗? |
[30:53] | – Right. – He’s a good man. | – 他是一个好人 |
[30:55] | There was a doctor murdered here about four years ago. | – 这里4年前有一个医生杀手 |
[30:58] | Adrian, will you calm down? | Adrian 冷静一下好吗? |
[31:00] | – Named Gould. Conrad Gould. – Please try and stay calm, and sit. | 请尝试冷静下来并坐下 |
[31:03] | Just relax. | 放松一下 |
[31:05] | I think… I think Lancaster had something to do with it. | 我想 我想Lancaster和这件事应该有点关系 |
[31:11] | Am I losing my mind? | 我正丧失理智吗? |
[31:53] | Excuse me. | – 对不起 – 等一下 |
[31:54] | One second. | – 对不起 – 等一下 |
[31:59] | Hi. | 嗯 |
[32:01] | Um, I’m told that Dr. Conrad Gould | 我听说Gould医生把他所有的论文 |
[32:03] | left all of his papers to your library, | 都留在你们图书馆 |
[32:05] | and I need to see his journals from 1998. | 我想看他从1998年开始到现在的工作笔记 |
[32:08] | Do you have an I.D.? | – 你的图书证呢? |
[32:11] | Not on me. I left it in my car. | – 没有 我把它留在车上了 |
[32:13] | – I can look you up. – Uh, well… | – 我可以帮你找一下 |
[32:15] | Here’s the thing. | – 嗯 好的 |
[32:17] | I’m not actually enrolled here at the present time. | 就是 这些实际上目前我还没有正式被录用 |
[32:20] | Well, the library’s for students only. | 是的 这是学生图书馆 |
[32:22] | Oh, really? | 噢 真的吗? |
[32:32] | Is there a Chet that works here? | 在这里工作有没有别的人跟你轮班? |
[32:34] | – I’m Chet. – Oh, my God. | 就我一个人 噢 |
[32:36] | This is so funny. I was told to ask for you. | 我的天啊 这太有趣了 有人叫我来找你 |
[32:40] | See, I met this guy at a party | 知道了 |
[32:42] | who said that you were really cool | 我在一个晚会遇到过这个人 他说你很酷 |
[32:44] | and that you would let me do a little research here, | 而你会乐意让我在这里做一些调查 |
[32:47] | as a favor. | |
[32:48] | Uh, what guy? | 嗯 什么人? |
[32:51] | He was, um… | 他是 嗯 |
[32:54] | Oh, he was tall, with glasses. | 噢 |
[32:57] | Ross Kelton? | 他很高 戴眼镜 |
[32:58] | That’s right. That’s right, Ross Kelton. | 没错没错 就是Ross Calton |
[33:00] | Ross Kelton said I was cool? | Ross Calton说我很酷吗? |
[33:03] | Was he wrong? | 不对吗? |
[33:06] | You wanted Gould’s personal journals, right? | 你想要Gould的笔记是吗? |
[33:08] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 嗯 |
[33:10] | Mind if I ask what for? | 介意我问一下原因吗? |
[33:13] | Ross said you were cool. | Ross说你很酷 |
[33:15] | Uh, right. Right, sorry. | 啊 是的 没错 对不起 噢 天啊 |
[33:29] | “Dr. Murdock has assured me that I am next in line for the directorship, | Tom医生说我是下一个担任管理者的最佳人选 |
[33:32] | a decision bound to be met with anger and derision by Dr…” | 这个决议引起别人的愤怒和嘲笑 例如 |
[33:36] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天啊 |
[33:40] | Is it okay if he has a picture of Trudy? | 如果他有一张Trudy的照片就没事了吗? |
[33:42] | Maybe it’ll calm him down. | 或许那可以让他冷静下来 |
[33:54] | I think he’ll like that. Here you go. | 我想他会喜欢的 |
[33:56] | Thanks. Nice to see you. | 这是他想要的东西 谢谢 |
[33:57] | – Thank you very much. – You bet. Thank you. | 很高兴见到你 – 非常感谢 – 谢谢 |
[33:59] | – I’ll see you soon. – I hope so. | – 我很快就会再来的 – 我也很期待 |
[34:02] | Sometimes I wish I’d joined The Rolling Stones when they asked me. | 有时候我真的希望我加入了滚石集团 |
[34:06] | Lights out. | 熄灯了 |
[34:15] | Hey, check it out. | 嘿 快看看 |
[34:24] | What’s it say? | 说什么? |
[34:30] | It says I’m not crazy. | 就是说我还没发疯 |
[34:33] | Anything there about me? | 还有什么关于我的事吗? |
[35:07] | What the hell? | 发生什么事了? |
[35:10] | There you are. | 你在这啊 |
[35:11] | I warned you not to play detective in my hospital. | 我警告你 不要在我的医院里玩侦探游戏 |
[35:14] | This is Bill LaFrankie’s file. | 这就是Frankie的病历 |
[35:16] | There’s no way this man killed himself like they said. | 这个人是不会像他们说的那样去自杀的 |
[35:18] | He’s in here! | 他在这里 |
[35:19] | He suffered from belonephobia. | 他在这里 他正受心里恐惧感的折磨 |
[35:20] | He had a pathological fear of needles. | 他正受心里恐惧感的折磨 他对针有特别的恐惧感 |
[35:23] | You’re a smart man. | 你是一个聪明的人让我看一下 |
[35:24] | Let’s see what kind of witness you are with a functioning IQ of 17. | 你是一个什么样的证人 IQ只有17 |
[35:28] | Mr. Monk came here to try to kill me. | – Monk先生过来这想杀我 |
[35:30] | What? Wait. | – 什么?等一下 |
[35:31] | I think he needs some time in the quiet room, Oliver. | – Oliver 我想他要到静思房去安静一下 – 不 等一下 |
[35:32] | – No, wait! – It’s for your own good, Adrian. | 这是为你好啊 Adrian |
[36:04] | How much? | 有多少? |
[36:05] | Two CCs of Thorazine. | 2CC氯丙嗪 |
[36:08] | Make it four. | 要4CC |
[36:09] | Four? Are you sure? | 4CC吗? |
[36:11] | He can’t weigh more than 160 lbs. | 你确定吗?他不超过160磅重 |
[36:13] | Did you just graduate from medical school in the last 45 minutes? | 你在45分钟前才从医学院毕业的吗? |
[36:16] | No, sir. | 当然不是 |
[36:17] | Then do what the hell you’re told. | 那就照我说的做 给这个病人4CC氯丙嗪 |
[36:19] | Give this patient four CCs of Thorazine. | 那就照我说的做 给这个病人4CC氯丙嗪 |
[36:21] | I gotta go upstairs and get some more. | – 那我到楼上去拿多一点 |
[36:23] | Make it quick. | – 快一点 |
[37:49] | What the hell? | 发生什么事了? |
[37:51] | Hey! | |
[38:01] | Hello? | – 你好? |
[38:02] | I know who did it, Sharona. I can prove it. | – Sharona 我知道是谁做的了 |
[38:04] | Call the police. | 我可以证实快叫警察 |
[38:06] | I borrowed Mr. Caruther’s camera. | 我借了Garlude的照相机 |
[38:09] | It has eight pictures left, see the numbers? | 还能照8张照片 |
[38:12] | Uh-huh. | – 看到数字了吗? – 嗯 嗯 |
[38:13] | Is Santa really coming? | – 圣诞老人真的来了吗? – |
[38:15] | Oh, yeah, he’ll be here. | 噢 是的 他会来的 |
[38:17] | What do you want for Christmas? | 你圣诞节想要什么礼物? |
[38:21] | I just want two and two to be four again. | 我想要一次2加2等于4 |
[38:26] | It’s him! Santa Claus! | 就是他 圣诞老人 |
[38:29] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[38:33] | What’s he doing? | 好 他在干吗? |
[38:35] | – He’s going fishing. – For what? | – 他正去钓鱼 – 为什么? |
[38:38] | The gun, Manny. | 那是枪 Manny |
[38:39] | He has to find it before the construction crew stumbles onto it. | 那是枪 Manny 他必须在建筑工人发现前把它找到 |
[38:43] | And he’ll get rid of it for good. | 然后他会处理掉 |
[38:44] | And I’ll never be able to prove any of this. | 那我就永远也不能证明些什么了 |
[38:46] | I love you, Santa! | 我爱你 圣诞老人 |
[38:48] | Manny. | 噢 |
[38:50] | Manny! | Manny Manny 不要 不要 |
[38:51] | Manny, no. No! | Manny Manny 不要 不要 |
[38:52] | No, no. Stay here. | 不 不 |
[38:54] | I need you to take pictures. | 留在这里 我需要你来拍照片 |
[38:58] | I don’t understand what he’s doing. | 我不明白他在干吗 |
[39:07] | Don’t look down. | Don’t look down. 不要向下看 不要向下看 |
[39:13] | How’s the fishing, doctor? | 钓鱼好玩吗? 医生 |
[39:15] | Monk. | – 你是怎样上来的? – 圣诞老人 |
[39:16] | How did you get up here? | – 你是怎样上来的? |
[39:17] | Santa Claus! | – 圣诞老人 |
[39:20] | This is why you put Manny in that room. | 这就是你安排Manny住到那间房间的用意 |
[39:23] | ‘Cause you knew you could spend all night up here. | 因为你知道你可以整晚都呆在这 |
[39:26] | And nobody would ever believe he really did see Santa Claus. | 而没有人会相信他真的看到圣诞老人 |
[39:30] | Nobody but you, Monk. | 除了你就没有其他人 Monk |
[39:32] | And who’s going to believe you? | 但是谁会相信你? |
[39:33] | You’re clinically insane, remember? | 临床上你是一个精神病患者 你记得吗? |
[39:35] | We’ll find the gun, doctor. Right where you dropped it. | 我们会在你丢枪的地方找到枪 |
[39:38] | And that’s all the proof I’ll need. | 医生 那就是我所需要的证据 |
[39:42] | You couldn’t stand it. | 你不能忍受 |
[39:44] | The board of directors gave your job to Dr. Gould. | 董事会把你的工作交给了Gould医生 |
[39:47] | You killed him. | -你杀了他 |
[39:48] | Dr. Gould. | -Gould医生 |
[39:53] | You stole some drugs to make it look like a patient did it. | 你偷了一些药品使它看起来像是一个病人做的 |
[39:58] | You needed a fall guy. LaFrankie fit the bill. | 你需要一个替罪羔羊 Frankie刚好适合 |
[40:01] | You probably got LaFrankie all doped up, | 你大可把什么都推到Frankie身上 |
[40:03] | then lured him into the woods, | 把他引到森林里 |
[40:05] | where the cops found him the next day. | 而警察第二天才在那里发现他的尸体 |
[40:07] | You only had one problem: the murder weapon. | 你只有一个问题 凶器 |
[40:10] | It was registered in your name. | 枪登记的所有人是你 |
[40:12] | You had to get rid of the gun before the cops showed up. | 你必须在警察发现之前把那枪处理掉 |
[40:15] | And you found the perfect place to hide it. | 然后你找到了收藏它最好的地方 |
[40:17] | Hey, you can’t talk to Santa Claus like that. | 嘿 |
[40:20] | Manny. Manny! | 你不能像那样对圣诞老人说话 |
[40:24] | Santa, help me! | 圣诞老人 救我啊 |
[40:26] | Well, well, what have we here? | 好 好 好 看看这是什么? |
[40:27] | Manny | Manny. Manny, hang on. |
[40:29] | Just hang on. | 别松手 别松手 |
[40:31] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[40:33] | You’re not really Santa Claus. | 你不是真的圣诞老人 |
[40:35] | Monk, be careful, he’s not really Santa Claus. | Monk 小心 他不是真的圣诞老人 |
[40:42] | Gun’s been lodged in that chimney for four years. | 枪藏在烟囱里4年了 |
[40:46] | I’m guessing the chamber and the metal firing pin are… | 我猜测那是枪膛和金属撞针 |
[40:50] | completely oxidized. | 已经完全被氧化了 噢 看 |
[40:53] | Drop the gun, Santa. Put your hands up. | 丢下枪 |
[41:01] | Adrian! | 圣诞老人 举起手来 |
[41:07] | By the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[41:08] | in case we don’t get a chance to talk later, | 万一我们下次再也没有机会交谈了 |
[41:12] | I just want you to know, except for the murders, | 我只是想你知道 除了你杀人以外 |
[41:14] | and your trying to kill me, | 除了你想杀了我以外 |
[41:17] | you really were the best doctor I ever had. | 你真是我所见到最好的医生 |
[41:20] | Hang on, Manny, they’re coming to get you. | 别松手 Manny 他们马上就上来救你了 |
[41:23] | And Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[41:41] | Hello? | -你好 -是Sharona吗? |
[41:43] | Sharona. | -你好 -是Sharona吗? |
[41:44] | Don’t laugh, okay? I just need to be sure. | 别笑了 好吗?我只想要确认一下 |
[41:48] | Is there a skinny oak tree by the window? | – 窗边是不是有一颗橡树? |
[41:50] | Yes. | – 是的 |
[41:52] | Is there an armoire by the closet? | – 在储物间里面是不是有大型衣柜? |
[41:54] | Uh-huh. | – 嗯 嗯 |
[41:55] | And is Trudy’s picture on the nightstand? | 床头柜上是不是有Trudy的照片? |
[41:59] | Yep. | – 是的 |
[42:00] | Adrian, | – 是的 |
[42:02] | you’re in your own house. Now go to sleep. | 你在你自己的家里 |
[42:05] | Thanks. | – 现在去睡觉吧 – 谢谢 |
[42:06] | Good news: | 好消息 我很认真地考虑 |
[42:07] | I’m seriously considering you for employee of the month. | 好消息 我很认真地考虑 让你成为这个月的最佳职员 |
[42:12] | Thanks, boss. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 谢谢老板 明天见 |