时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Ah, you’re awake. | 哦 你醒拉? |
[00:17] | Not quite. | 没完全醒 |
[00:21] | Do you have your, um, art class today? | 嗯 今天有艺术课吗? |
[00:23] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[00:25] | Life in the fast lane. | 关于快车道上的生活 |
[00:35] | What? | 怎么了? |
[00:38] | I’m just adoring you. | 我只是欣赏你呀 |
[00:41] | Isn’t a husband allowed to stop and adore his wife? | 不允许丈夫停下来去欣赏他的妻子吗? |
[00:46] | How did I get to be so lucky? | 我怎么那么幸运呢? |
[00:49] | We both got lucky, Henry. | 我们都很幸运 Henry |
[00:58] | – I was listening to that. – I’m just turning it down. | 我在听那音乐呢 我只是把它调小点 |
[01:01] | You don’t mind. | 你不会介意的 |
[01:04] | I have to go to the office for a couple of hours. | 我要去几个小时的办公室 |
[01:06] | Of course. | 当然好 |
[01:07] | Oh, and, uh, don’t forget we’re having dinner with Father Hatcher. | 哦 还有 别忘了我们要和Hatcher神父一起吃饭 |
[01:13] | Again? | 又要吃饭? |
[01:30] | Honey, not there. Over here. | 亲爱的 不要去哪儿 到这边来 |
[01:48] | I thought that could have been the big one. | 我以为是个大地震 |
[01:51] | Why don’t you turn on the news, | 为什么不听听新闻 |
[01:52] | see how bad it was. | 看看有多严重 |
[01:54] | I’ll check the house. | 我去检查一下房子 |
[02:04] | Look, there’s a crack over here. | 瞧 |
[02:05] | Do you see it? | 这儿有一个裂缝 看见了吗? |
[02:07] | It runs all the way across, here and it’s gonna… | 从这儿一直裂到这儿 并且还要 |
[02:09] | Christine, what are you… No! No! | Christine 你要干 不 不 |
[02:32] | Well, Henry, hmm. It was the big one. | 好了Henry |
[03:27] | Oh, thank God! Thank God! | 这是一个大地震 |
[03:29] | No, no, no, stay at Kenny’s, Benjy. | 呆在那儿 |
[03:32] | Stay there! | 我去看看Monk先生怎么样了 |
[03:33] | I just gotta check out Mr. Monk! | 我去看看Monk先生怎么样了 |
[03:37] | Adrian! | |
[03:41] | Ad… | |
[03:46] | – You okay? – Mm-hmm. | 你还好吗 |
[03:48] | I’ve been trying to call you for over an hour. | 嗯 一个小时了 我一直打电话给你 |
[03:49] | Your phone is dead. | 你电话坏了 |
[03:52] | Are you sure you’re okay? | 你真的没事? |
[04:00] | Oh, my God. | 哦,我的天 |
[04:03] | What, Benjy? | 什么? |
[04:04] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, he’s okay. | 哦 对 对 |
[04:06] | He was at school when it happened, | 对 对 他很好 他在学校 |
[04:07] | and he loved it. | 地震发生的时候他还很喜欢呢 |
[04:09] | He thought it was like a roller coaster. | 他认为象坐过山车一样 |
[04:10] | I… | 我 |
[04:13] | Adrian, I have to tell you, I’m very impressed. | Adrian 我得告诉你 你真行 |
[04:16] | I mean, I thought you’d be a basket case. | 我的意思是 我原以为你会成为一个四肢不全的人 |
[04:18] | Everything’s broken. | 一切东西都打碎了 |
[04:20] | Where were you when it happened? | 地震时你在哪儿? |
[04:26] | What? | 什么? |
[04:37] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[04:45] | Adrian, | |
[04:47] | you’re not speaking English. | 你不是在说英语 |
[04:49] | You know that, right? | 你意识到了 对吗? |
[04:59] | Yeah, yeah, Sharona, relax. | 对对 Sharona 放心 |
[05:01] | He’s having a dissociative episode. | 他现在处在一种话语分离病症状态 |
[05:04] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. Dissociative? | 哇哇哇 等等 分离的 |
[05:06] | Yeah, the trauma of the earthquake probably shorted out | 是的 地震的损伤 或许使得他的大脑右半球里面的 |
[05:09] | the occipital lobe in the left hemisphere of his brain, | 枕骨的圆形突出部不能正常工作 这个部分又是控制语言能力 |
[05:12] | which controls the ability to speak and to form words. | 和形成词语的关键部位 |
[05:15] | Well, what should I do? | 那么 我该怎么办? |
[05:16] | Well, he thinks he’s speaking normally. | 听着 他自己认为他是在正常说话 |
[05:18] | See, he’s more confused than you are. | 他会比你还困惑 |
[05:21] | Okay, well, now, I can see him, uh, | 对 好的 呃 现在 |
[05:24] | tomorrow at 4:00 if you like. | 我 我可以替你看着他 |
[05:26] | But I gotta tell you, | 呃 如果可以的话明天4点 但我必须告诉你 |
[05:27] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s fine by then. | 到那时候他已经好了 |
[05:29] | You know, I mean, these things usually pass on their own. | 我并不奇怪 |
[05:31] | The most important thing… just don’t leave him alone. | 我的意思是说 这种病会自己好的 最重要的是 别让他单独一个人 |
[05:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:36] | Wait. Will you wait? | 等等 你能等一下吗? |
[05:38] | Okay, hold on. Hold on. | 好的 不挂 |
[05:40] | He wants to speak to you. | 等等 他 他想和你说话 |
[05:47] | You’re talking gibberish. | 你在胡言乱语 Adrian |
[05:49] | Adrian, I can’t understand a word you’re saying. | 你在说什么我一句也听不懂 |
[05:53] | Right. Good. | 好的好的 好 叫Sharona听电话 好吗? |
[05:55] | Okay, so put Sharona on the phone, okay? | 好的好的 好 |
[05:57] | …including the well-known philanthropist Henry Rutherford, | 叫Sharona听电话 好吗? |
[06:00] | who’s best known for his Rutherford scholarships, | 包括著名的慈善家Henry Rutherford 他以他著名的Rutherford奖学金而闻名 |
[06:03] | which enabled hundreds of inner-city children | 该奖学金使得全国成百上千的 |
[06:05] | from across the country… | 城里的孩子能够 |
[06:06] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[06:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:12] | Henry Rutherford | Henry Rutherford. |
[06:15] | I told you about him. | 我给你讲讲他 |
[06:16] | I’ve been working with him the whole month. | 我和他一起工作了一整个月 |
[06:18] | He was a deacon at my church. | 他是我们教堂的一个执事 |
[06:20] | He was trying to make money for the new church. | 他 他正要给新教堂募捐 |
[06:22] | Oh, my God, I know his wife. | 哦 我的天 我认识他太太 |
[06:24] | She’s gonna be devastated. | 她现在一定无法承受 |
[06:27] | I gotta go. | 我要去看看她 |
[06:30] | They live two blocks away. | 他们住在离这儿两个街区远的地方 |
[06:32] | She just moved here. She doesn’t know anybody. | 她刚刚搬来 不认识任何人 |
[06:34] | I’m gonna see if they need my help, okay? | 我要去看看他们需不需要我的帮助 |
[06:35] | Just stay here. | 好吗?你就呆在这儿 |
[06:39] | You know what, on second thought you better come with me. | 知道吗?转念一想 你还是和我一起去吧 走吧 |
[06:41] | Come on. | Come on. |
[06:45] | Dr. Kroger, we’ll call you back. | 库格医生?我会给你打回去的 |
[06:47] | Uh, fine. | 好的 |
[06:51] | He had a brother in London. | 他在伦敦有一个兄弟 |
[06:53] | They weren’t close, but somebody should call him. | 虽然他们不是很亲近 |
[06:55] | Don’t worry, Christine. I’ll take care of it. | 但得有人打电话给他 别担心 Christine 我会办这些事 |
[06:57] | Thank you, Father. | 谢谢你 神父 如果没有你和Sharona |
[06:59] | I don’t know what I’d do without you and Sharona. | 我真不知道该怎么办 |
[07:03] | It was terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[07:05] | The whole room started to shake. | 那时候整个房间开始摇晃起来 |
[07:08] | And Henry made sure I was safe in the doorway. | 那时候Henry还要确保我在门口是否安全 |
[07:10] | Now you mustn’t torture yourself. | 现在你不要再折磨自己了 |
[07:12] | The wall unit started to come tipping over, | 组合柜开始翻倒 |
[07:15] | and Henry was trying to keep it from falling. | Henry想扶住它不让它倒下来 |
[07:18] | And I saw it come crashing down. | 我眼睁睁看着它倒下来的 |
[07:21] | I called for help, | 我大叫救命 |
[07:22] | but there was nobody else in the house. | 但房子里没有其他人 |
[07:25] | Okay, here you go. | 好了 给你 |
[07:27] | Oh, I couldn’t. | 哦 我—我不想 |
[07:29] | No, no, no, Christine, you have to have something. | 不不不 Christine 你一定得吃点东西 |
[07:31] | She’s right, Christine. You must stay strong. | 她说的对 Christine 你必须保持健康 |
[07:33] | You know, I could stay here tonight. | 你知道 今晚我可以呆在这陪你 |
[07:36] | Thank you, it’s very sweet. | 谢谢 你对我真好 |
[07:38] | But I called my mother in Chicago. | 但我打了电话给我芝加哥的妈妈 |
[07:39] | She’ll be here later tonight. | 她今晚晚些时候会来 |
[07:41] | Oh, that’s good. | 哦 那 那很好 |
[07:43] | Mothers are great to talk to. | 和妈妈交流总是很好的 |
[07:45] | Well, you know, except for mine. | 可是 我知道 我妈妈除外 |
[07:51] | Oh, um, | 哦 |
[07:52] | this is my boss, Adrian Monk. | 呃 这是我的老板 |
[08:01] | Um, Adrian, | 呃 |
[08:03] | why don’t you wait in the other room? | Adrian 你到另外一个房间去等好吗? |
[08:08] | Adrian, go in the other room. | Adrian 去另一个房间呀 |
[08:13] | Uh, where is he from? | 呃 他老家哪儿的? |
[08:16] | Neptune. | 海王星 |
[08:19] | Know that everybody from the church | |
[08:21] | is here for you in your time of need. | 你知道当你需要帮助的时候 教堂里的每一个人都来了 |
[09:05] | Oh, she’ll be all right. It’s… | 哦 她会没事的 |
[09:08] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[09:11] | Sha-shid-lig… Not right about this room. | 这房间不对劲 |
[09:14] | Adrian, you can talk. | Adrian 你会说话了 |
[09:16] | Of course I can talk. What is wrong with you? | 我当然会说话 你怎么了? |
[09:20] | Nothing is wrong with me. | 我没问题 |
[09:24] | There is no third watch. | 没有预备警戒任务 |
[09:26] | I want everybody on active duty | 我要每个人都主动执行任务 |
[09:28] | to report to their watch commanders, got it? | 随时向他们的警戒上司报告 明白了? |
[09:31] | You follow me? | 好了 你听到我说了没有? |
[09:32] | Yes, Christine Rutherford | 听见了 Christine |
[09:34] | sat around waiting for an earthquake? | Rutherford 坐在那儿等地震? |
[09:36] | No, no, no, she sat around waiting | 不不不 她坐在那儿等待她的财富 |
[09:37] | for her rich, old husband to die. | 等她的老丈夫死掉 |
[09:39] | And when the earthquake hit, you see… | 当地震发生时 知道吗 |
[09:42] | capt… when the earthquake hit, | 队长 地震发生时 |
[09:44] | she realized it was her chance, | 她意识到这是个机会 |
[09:46] | a one in a million shot, and she took it. | 千载难逢的机会 |
[09:48] | Captain, we have reports of some looting in Potrero Hill. | 她就抓住了这个机会 队长 有人报告 沿岸泥沙垅山有抢劫阿 |
[09:51] | All right, get ten uniforms down there. | 好的 |
[09:53] | I want a man on every corner. Go, go, go. | 派10个人去那儿 我要每个角落都有人 |
[09:55] | There was ceiling debris all over the floor, | 快去 快去 天花板碎片掉的满地都是 |
[09:57] | but none on the back of a fallen display case. | 但那个柜子的背面一块也没有 |
[09:59] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼? |
[10:01] | And there were marks on the wall, | 嗯哼? |
[10:02] | like somebody used a lever to knock that case over. | 墙上有个痕迹 象是有人用杠杆把柜子推倒的 |
[10:04] | Really? | 真的? 队长!队长 |
[10:05] | Captain, captain, Cargill. | 队长!队长 |
[10:08] | Yeah? | 说? |
[10:09] | Those calls are false alarms. | 说? 那些电话报的是假警 |
[10:10] | I don’t care if they’re all false alarms. | 我不管是不是全部假警 |
[10:12] | You’ve gotta check ’em out, every one. | 你要去查个水落石出 每个都要 |
[10:14] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[10:16] | Look, Monk, there was an earthquake. | 瞧 Monk 发生了地震 |
[10:17] | That’s what earthquakes do… they knock crap over. | 地震就会造成这样的灾难 他们会把物体震倒 |
[10:20] | Yes, but there were other pictures | 对 但同一堵墙上的其他画没有一幅 |
[10:21] | on the same wall, and none of them… | 没有一幅甚至弯曲过 |
[10:24] | None of them were even crooked. | |
[10:25] | I’m trying to put out a hundred fires here, Monk. | 我要灭好几百处的火 Monk |
[10:27] | I realize that. | 我知道你很忙 |
[10:28] | Where’s the guy from emergency services? | 紧急久远处的那个人在哪儿? |
[10:30] | Look out. | Look out. |
[10:31] | Look, somebody will be with you soon enough. | 留神 留点神 瞧 很快会派人来 |
[10:33] | Please, everybody just sit down, calm down. | 请大家坐下来,冷静下来 |
[10:35] | She could be there… okay? | 她可能在那儿 |
[10:36] | She could be there right now cleaning up all the evidence. | 现在她可能在那儿清理所有的证据 |
[10:38] | At least send a couple of detectives over there to look around. | 你至少得派几个侦探去看看 |
[10:41] | I haven’t got a detective. I haven’t got a moment to spare. | 我没有侦探了 我一秒钟也挤不出来 |
[10:44] | Monk | Monk, the shaking you felt this morning |
[10:45] | was a 6.0 earthquake. | 你今天早上感觉到的震动是6级地震 |
[10:47] | But at least send me over to check it out. | 但你至少要派我去查查 |
[10:50] | Where’s Sharona? | Sharona哪儿去了? |
[10:52] | She went to pick up her kid. | Sharona哪儿去了? 她去接她儿子了 |
[10:54] | All right, hey, lieutenant. | 好吧 呃 副队? |
[10:56] | I’m officially handing Monk off to you. | 我正式把Monk交给你 |
[10:58] | I want you to give him anything he needs. | 我要你保障他得到一切需要 |
[11:00] | And quit screwing around and get back to work. | 别到处搞得乱七八糟 回去继续工作 |
[11:09] | Sorry, the street’s closed. | 对不起 这条街道封锁了 |
[11:10] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[11:12] | The gas line’s ruptured, and all the phone lines are down. | 怎么回事? 煤气管道破裂了 所有电话线也坏了 |
[11:14] | These two blocks were the worst ones hit. | 这两个街区受灾最严重 |
[11:16] | Oh, God. | 哦 天 |
[11:17] | But we just live right over there. | 你看 我们就住在那边 |
[11:19] | Not today you don’t. | 不 你今天不能住那 |
[11:20] | Call emergency services. | 打电话给紧急救援中心 |
[11:23] | Here’s their number. | 这是他们的电话 |
[11:27] | How long is this gonna be? | 这样要多久? |
[11:29] | Well, maybe a couple of days. | 哦,可能要几天 |
[11:31] | A couple of days? | 几天? |
[11:32] | Maybe three. | 几天? 或许3天 |
[11:33] | Just call that number, ma’am. | 打电话吧 |
[11:35] | I just work here. | 女士 我只是在这儿做我的工作 |
[11:36] | Officer, I’m with the Melbourne Gazette. | 长官 我是墨尔本政府政府公报的 |
[11:38] | Can I get in there and get a couple shots? | 我能进去拍几张照片吗? |
[11:40] | I’m sorry, no one can get through. | 对不起 不允许任何人通过这 |
[11:42] | Look, can we just go in and get some stuff? | 我们能不能只进去拿点东西? |
[11:44] | I mean, what if he needs some medicine or something? | 我的意思是万一他需要药什么的怎么办? |
[11:46] | Ma’am, you have to call that number, okay? | 女士 |
[11:49] | That’s all I know. | 你必须得打那个电话 清楚吗?我只知道这个 |
[11:51] | Now please, step back. | 现在请往后靠 |
[11:55] | Now there’s a delightful chap. | 有个可爱的小伙子 |
[11:56] | He reminds me of my ex-wife. | 他让我想起了我的前妻子 |
[11:58] | Yeah, he reminds me of my ex-husband. | 是啊 他让我想起了我的前夫 |
[12:00] | Maybe we should get ’em together. | 或许我们应该让他们俩在一起 |
[12:01] | Mom, what are we gonna do? | 妈 我们该怎么办? |
[12:03] | I don’t know. | I don’t know. 我不知道 我不知道 |
[12:05] | I guess we’re gonna have to find a hotel. | 我想我们要找一家旅馆了 |
[12:07] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[12:08] | I’ve been calling all morning. | 我打了一个上午电话了 |
[12:09] | There’s nary a room left in the whole city. | 整个城市连一个房间也没有了 |
[12:12] | Nary a room? | 一个也没有? |
[12:14] | That’s what I said. | 我是这么说的 |
[12:15] | Well, we can always stay at Aunt Gail’s. | 那么 我们可以待在Gail姑妈家 |
[12:19] | Why can’t we stay at Mr. Monk’s? | 为什么我们不去Monk先生家? |
[12:21] | Because I will go crazy slower at Aunt Gail’s. | 因为在Gail姑妈家我不会疯得那么快 |
[12:24] | You think your aunt Gail has an extra room for an out-of-town journalist? | 你Gail姑妈 能给异乡来的记者提供一个房间吗? |
[12:27] | I’m Darryl Wright. | 我叫Darryl Wright 哦 我叫Sharona |
[12:28] | Oh, I’m Sharona. | 哦 我叫Sharona |
[12:30] | Yeah, I’m sorry, my sister has no room. | 对了 对不起 我妹妹没有房间多了 |
[12:33] | This your boyfriend? | 这是你的男朋友? |
[12:34] | No, this is my son Benjy. | 不 这是 呃 我儿子 本吉 |
[12:37] | You thought I was her boyfriend? | 你认为我是她男朋友? |
[12:40] | He’s joking. | 他在开玩笑 听着 编辑刚才打电话来 |
[12:41] | Listen, my editor just called. | 听着 编辑刚才打电话来 |
[12:43] | He wants me to do a story on the quake. | 他要我写一个关于地震的故事 |
[12:45] | What do you say I interview you and Benjy here, | 就关于你和Benjy的如何? |
[12:47] | get a local color? | 有点地方色彩 |
[12:48] | Oh, yeah, we’d love to. | 有点地方色彩 哦 好的 |
[12:50] | Great. Start with a picture? | 我们很乐意 很好 从拍一张照开始好吗? |
[12:51] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[12:55] | Do you believe in love at first sight? | 你相信一见钟情吗? 他们把价值几千美元的电脑无线电设备 装上一辆预先等在那儿车 |
[13:06] | Personally, | 就我个人而言 |
[13:08] | I never did. | 我从没有过 |
[13:11] | And then you got a look at my husband’s bank account. | 那么你瞧瞧我丈夫的银行存折 |
[13:14] | And zing went the strings of my heart. | 我的心就充满了活力 |
[13:24] | There we were, just waiting for the right opportunity, | 我们一直在那等待一个恰当的机会 |
[13:28] | and god dropped it right in our laps. | 上帝就让机会掉在我们膝盖上了 |
[13:31] | The bloody miracle. | 真是个非凡的奇迹 |
[13:34] | $42.5 million. | 四千两百五十万美元 |
[13:37] | Say it again. | 再说一遍 |
[13:40] | $42.5 million. | 四千二百 五十万 |
[13:47] | Oh, I love it when you talk dirty. | 美元 哦 我喜欢你这样卑鄙的说 |
[13:53] | Just one more loose end to tie up, | 只要再把一桩小事儿了了 |
[13:54] | and it’s all ours. | 这钱就是我们的了 |
[13:56] | Sharona. | |
[13:58] | Sharona | Sharona. |
[14:00] | She’s pretty. | 她很漂亮 |
[14:01] | Didn’t notice. | 我没注意 |
[14:03] | Are you sure she trusts you? | 确定她信任你? |
[14:05] | Oh, come on. | 哦 天啊 |
[14:09] | Why wouldn’t she trust me? | 她为什么不相信我? |
[14:16] | – Sharona. Hey, butterbean. – Hi. | Sharona 嗨利马豆 |
[14:18] | Gail, I am so sorry. I didn’t know who else to call. | 嗨 Gail 我很抱歉 除了你 我不知道该向谁求助了 |
[14:20] | Hey, no problem. That’s what I’m here for. | 嗨 没问题 我已经准备好了 |
[14:22] | It’s gonna be fun. | 应该很有趣的 |
[14:24] | I just talked to Mom. She’s freaking out. | 我刚才和妈妈谈过了 她很怪异 |
[14:26] | She heard some guy on CNN talking about aftershocks. | 她听了些CNN的记者的余震报道 |
[14:29] | I could not get her off the phone. | 我没法让她挂线 |
[14:30] | – You should get caller I.D. – I have caller I.D. | 你应该办个来电显示的 我有来电显示 |
[14:32] | I had it before you. | 在你有之前我就有了 |
[14:33] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[14:35] | I told you about caller I. D. | 来电显示是我告诉你的 |
[14:36] | What?! | 什么?我住在维棱西亚的时候 |
[14:37] | I had caller I.D. when I lived in Valencia. | 就有来电显示了 |
[14:39] | Remember, you came over and I showed you how it worked? | 记得你来的时候我告诉你怎么用的吗? |
[14:41] | I had caller I.D. when I was living with Lenny in Seattle. | 我和Lany住在西雅图 的时候就有来电显示了 |
[14:44] | Okay, you never told me that. | 好吧 你从没有告诉我你有 |
[14:45] | I know. I was avoiding your calls. | 我知道 我一直不想接你的电话 |
[14:46] | I had caller I.D. | 我有来电显示 |
[14:48] | Mom, Aunt Gail, can we go inside, please? | 妈妈 Gail姑妈 请问 |
[14:53] | Gail, remember when I went out to visit Mom when she broke her wrist? | 我们能进去吗? Gail 你记得当妈摔破手关节时我去看望她吗? |
[14:56] | Yeah. | 对 记得你说过你欠我一个大人情? |
[14:57] | And remember you said that you owe be big time? | 记得你说过你欠我一个大人情? 唔 |
[15:00] | – Remember? – Mm-hmm. | 记得吗? |
[15:05] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[15:06] | I swear, I swear, he’s gonna be good. | 我发誓 我发誓 他一定很乖的 |
[15:09] | Come on! Come on. | 过来 过来 |
[15:11] | You know, he’s not as bad as he was. | 你知道 他不象以前那么糟 |
[15:12] | He’s just so freaked out about this earthquake, | 只是地震引起他有点反常 |
[15:14] | and I can’t leave him alone. | 我不能留他一个人在那 |
[15:16] | I guess he can sleep on the couch. | 我想他可以睡沙发 |
[15:18] | Well, actually, he’s gonna need the guest room. | 嗯 实际上他需要使用客房 |
[15:20] | He doesn’t sleep on couches. | 他不能在沙发上睡觉 |
[15:22] | Right. | 对 |
[15:23] | Gail, I spent two weeks with Mom. | Gail 我和妈呆了2个星期呢 |
[15:25] | Now we’re even. | 现在我们扯平了 |
[15:27] | It’s gonna be okay, Adrian, yeah. | 没事的 Adrian |
[15:29] | – Hi, Gail. – Hi. | 嗨 Gail 嗨 |
[15:31] | Listen, don’t worry about Sharona. She won’t get in the way. | 听着 别担心Sharona 她不会妨碍你的 |
[15:36] | Even. | 平了 |
[15:40] | Yes, thank you, I’ll hold. | 好的 谢谢 我会拿着 |
[15:42] | You know, I like those earrings. | 我喜欢那些耳环 你应该喜欢 那些是你给我的 |
[15:43] | You ought to, you gave ’em to me. | 你应该喜欢 那些是你给我的 |
[15:45] | Oh, I forgot. | 哦 我忘记了 |
[15:48] | So, um, are you still seeing that actor? | 那么 |
[15:50] | Hal Meyers? | 你还和那个演员来往? |
[15:52] | Yeah, in my nightmares. | 是 成了我的恶梦 |
[15:53] | You know, even in my nightmares he can’t act. | 你知道吗 即使是在我的恶梦中 |
[15:55] | I liked him. | 他也不是个好演员 |
[15:56] | I don’t know, maybe I’m getting too picky in my old age. | 我喜欢过他 |
[15:58] | How ’bout you, are you in love with anybody? | 年龄老了也许使我变得更挑剔了 你怎么样?爱上谁了吗? |
[15:59] | Well, actually, I met somebody this morning. | 啊 事实上 我早上就遇到一个 |
[16:02] | – He’s a journalist. – Really? | 他是个记者 真的? |
[16:04] | Yeah, from Australia. | 真的 他来自澳大利亚 |
[16:05] | Complete with accent? | 喔 带完全的口音? |
[16:06] | Oh, yeah. The full package. | 哦 对 完完全全的 |
[16:08] | He’s to die for. | 他真迷人 |
[16:09] | Oh, bring him by. I’d love to meet him. | 喔 带他来这 |
[16:12] | I’m sure you would. | 我想见见他 |
[16:14] | 1,238. | 我知道你想 |
[16:16] | What is he doing? | 他在干吗? |
[16:17] | He’s counting the bricks in the wall. | 在数墙上的砖块 |
[16:19] | Oh, good. | 哦 很好 你知道 |
[16:21] | You know, I’ve always been curious about that. | 我一直对那很好奇 |
[16:24] | 1,243. 1,244. | |
[16:26] | Adrian | Adrian. |
[16:28] | Don’t tie up Gail’s line. | 不要占着Gail的电话 |
[16:29] | I’m on hold. | 我只是拿着 |
[16:31] | Waiting for Disher. | 我在等Disher的电话 |
[16:36] | 1,200… | |
[16:39] | Ugh, crap. | 哦 |
[16:42] | One, two, three, four. | 废物 |
[16:46] | Is that new? | 哦 那是新的吗? |
[16:47] | I got it a couple weeks ago. My other one was way too big. | 那是新的吗? 几个星期前买的 我的另一个太大了 |
[16:50] | Check it out. | 看看 |
[16:52] | When did you get that? | 你什么时候买的那个? |
[16:54] | Two months ago. Like you didn’t know. | 2个月前 好象你不知道似的 |
[16:56] | What, you think I’d buy the same handbag on purpose? | 什么?你以为我会故意 买和你一样的手提袋? |
[17:02] | Now why would I do that? | 那么我为什么要那样做? |
[17:05] | What, you think I wanna be like you? | 什么?你认为我想要 我想要 |
[17:07] | Like I’m obsessed with you? | 象你一样?象 我会对你着迷? |
[17:09] | Who moved to San Francisco first? | 谁先搬去旧金山的? |
[17:11] | Oh, my God! | 哦 我的天 |
[17:12] | You begged me to move up here! | 是你求我搬去那儿的 |
[17:14] | Hey, do I have to separate you two? | 嗨 要我把你们俩分开吗? |
[17:17] | Yeah. Lieutenant, yes, I’m here. | 对 是 副队 |
[17:19] | I’m still here. | 对 我在这 还在这 |
[17:21] | Yes, I need her phone records. | 对 我需要她的电话记录 |
[17:23] | Every call from that house | 那座房子的每个电话 |
[17:25] | and her cell phone for the last two weeks. | 和最近2个星期她的手机电话记录 |
[17:30] | Right. | Right. 对 对 |
[17:33] | And what about the background check? | 她的背景调查得怎么样了? |
[17:37] | Really? | 真的?真的? |
[17:40] | Really? | |
[17:44] | Hello? | 喂? |
[17:45] | Sharona. | 喂? |
[17:46] | No, this is her younger sister Gail. | 呃 不是 我和她的妹妹Gail |
[17:49] | Really? | 真的? |
[17:51] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[17:52] | You two sound so much alike. | 你们俩听起来很像 |
[17:54] | Do you look alike? | 看起来也象吗? |
[17:56] | No, I’m the sexy one. | 不 我更性感 |
[17:58] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | 真的? 嗯哼 |
[18:00] | Hey, are you the Australian guy she met on the street? | 嗨 你是她街上遇到的那个澳大利亚人吗? |
[18:02] | That would be me. Unless she met somebody else. | 对 应该是我 除非她还遇到过别人 |
[18:06] | What are you eating? | 你在吃什么? |
[18:07] | Rice cakes. | 你在吃什么? 大米饼 |
[18:09] | God, I hate this diet. | 天呀 我讨论这种食物 |
[18:10] | Being the sexy sister’s hard yacker. | 当个性感的妹妹不容易吧? |
[18:12] | It’s a full-time job. | 还是要当全职的呢 |
[18:15] | Listen, is Sharona there? | 听着 Sharona 在吗? |
[18:16] | You just missed her. | 你刚好错过了她 |
[18:18] | She and her boss had some business at St. Clare’s Church. | 她和她老板去了圣克莱尔教堂办点事 |
[18:20] | St. Clare’s? | 圣克莱尔教堂? |
[18:22] | Yeah, you know the one on Fulton Street. | 对 |
[18:46] | Yeah, that’s good, guys. | 知道吗? 富儿囤大街上的那个 |
[18:53] | That’s quite a performance. | 真是做秀 |
[18:55] | Look, you don’t know her. | 别这样 你不了解她 |
[18:56] | She and her husband practically saved this church. | 她和她丈夫几乎救了这个教堂 |
[18:59] | They’re like saints. | 他们象圣人 |
[19:01] | Your Saint didn’t pay for a candle. | 你的圣人花的买蜡烛的钱 都不是她自己的 |
[19:09] | Mrs. Rutherford. | 鲁勒福特夫人 |
[19:11] | Mr. Monk, Sharona, | Monk先生 Sharona |
[19:13] | would you light a candle for my husband? | 能为我丈夫点根蜡烛吗? |
[19:15] | I’d love to. | 当然 |
[19:19] | Which husband? | 哪个丈夫? |
[19:22] | I understand that Henry was your third. | 我知道Henry是你的第三任丈夫 |
[19:27] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[19:28] | Mrs. Rutherford, in 1997 | 鲁勒福特夫人 1977年 在内华达州 |
[19:30] | you and your second husband | 你和你的第二任丈夫因邮件欺诈罪被起诉 |
[19:32] | were indicted for mail fraud in Nevada. | |
[19:34] | An indictment’s not a conviction, Mr. Monk. | 起诉不以为着有罪 Monk先生 |
[19:36] | A stirring defense, but Henry didn’t know | 激动人心的辩护 |
[19:38] | about your other marriages, did he? | 但Henry不知道你的其他婚姻史 对吗? |
[19:40] | Of course he did. | 他当然知道 |
[19:41] | I saw the photographs in your house, ma’am. | 我看过你家里的相片 女士 |
[19:43] | Watch your step, ma’am. | 小心你脚下 女士 嗯 哼? |
[19:44] | You were married at the Sacred Cross Chapel in Chicago. | 你们是在芝加哥神圣的十字架礼堂结个婚 |
[19:48] | Henry was a deacon there, | Henry是那儿的一个执事 即使他想这样做 |
[19:50] | and even if he wanted to, | 他也不可能心知肚明地 |
[19:51] | he couldn’t have knowingly married a divorcee. | 和一个离过婚的女人结婚 |
[19:55] | Okay. You have me. | 好了 你赢了 |
[19:57] | I kept a secret from my husband. | 我有秘密瞒着我丈夫 |
[20:02] | Oh. | 哦 对不起 |
[20:03] | I beg your pardon. | 哦 |
[20:08] | Sharona. | 对不起 |
[20:11] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干吗? |
[20:13] | I called the number you gave me. | 我打了你给我的电话号码 |
[20:14] | Your sister told me where you were, | 你妹妹告诉我你在这的 |
[20:16] | and I was a couple blocks away, | 离我就几个街区远 所以 |
[20:18] | so as you do. | 你怎么样? |
[20:20] | Well, it’s great to see you, yeah. | 嗯 很 很高兴见到你 真的 |
[20:22] | And you too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[20:24] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 唔 哦 不好意思 呃 |
[20:27] | Darryl Wright, this is my boss Adrian Monk. | 这是我的老板 Adrian Monk |
[20:30] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[20:33] | Darryl is a journalist from Australia. | 呃 达瑞是个澳大利亚来的记者 |
[20:35] | He’s doing a story about the earthquake. | 他在做一个关于地震的报道 |
[20:37] | Speaking of the earthquake, are you back in your apartment yet? | 说到地震 你回过你的公寓了吗? |
[20:40] | No, not yet. They said maybe Monday. | 呃没有 还没有 |
[20:42] | – Monday? – Mm-hmm. | 他们说可能星期一可以回去 星期一 |
[20:43] | Right. | 对 那么 呃 那个寡妇是谁? |
[20:44] | So, um, who was the… Who was the widow? | 对 那么 呃 那个寡妇是谁? |
[20:47] | Christine Rutherford. | Christine 鲁勒福特 |
[20:49] | Now why does that name ring a bell? | 那么为什么教堂会为他鸣钟? |
[20:51] | Her husband was worth about $40 million. | 她丈夫大约值4000万美元 |
[20:54] | And I think she killed him. | 并且我认为是她杀了他 |
[20:57] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[21:01] | Oh, it… | 他以前是个侦探 |
[21:03] | He’s a former detective, | 并且 你知道 |
[21:05] | and, you know, he gets a little paranoid, so… | 他有点类似妄想狂的 因此 |
[21:10] | Well, it sounds like a much more interesting story | 哦 |
[21:12] | – than this earthquake I’m doing. – Yeah, it is. | 听起来比我现在做的地震报道要有趣得多 |
[21:15] | Can you tell me all about it over dinner? | 是的 是这样 吃饭时你可以给我讲讲那一切 |
[21:17] | We’re having dinner? | 我们要去吃饭? |
[21:18] | Your sister invited me. | 你妹妹邀请了我啊 |
[21:21] | Gail? | |
[21:22] | Yeah, is there a problem? | 对 有问题吗? |
[21:24] | Oh, no, no. It’s… That’s great. | 哦 没有 没问题 很 很好! |
[21:28] | It’s fine, yeah. | 很好 |
[21:29] | Four months in the outback. | 真的 |
[21:32] | 110 degrees in the shade if you could find it, | 4个月在澳洲内陆荫凉处也110华氏度 如果你找得到荫凉处的话 |
[21:34] | sleeping on the ground. | 在地上睡 |
[21:36] | That musta been tough. | 那样应该很艰苦 |
[21:38] | What would you eat though? | 那么你吃什么? |
[21:39] | Well, we ate grubs, bugs, snakes. | 我们吃幼虫 小虫 蛇 |
[21:41] | Danger, danger, danger. | 危险 危险 危险 |
[21:43] | Anyway, I finally got back. | 不管怎么样 最终我们回来了 |
[21:46] | Got my messages. It’s my editor. | 我收到信息 |
[21:49] | He’s telling me he’s changed his mind. | 我的编辑的他告诉我他改主意了 |
[21:51] | He doesn’t want me to go. | 他不想我去了 |
[21:53] | You know, Darryl was nominated for a Pulitzer. | 你知道 达瑞在普利策奖上获提名 |
[21:56] | Really? | 真的? |
[21:57] | It was a story I wrote awhile back for the Sydney Morning Herald. | 是最近为悉尼早晨先驱报写的一篇文章 |
[22:00] | – Oh, do you have a copy of it? – No. Not on me. | 哦 你有复印本吗? 没 没带 |
[22:02] | What was it about? | 是关于什么的? |
[22:04] | It was about a bridge collapsing. Five people died. | 是关于大桥倒塌事件的 5人死亡 |
[22:06] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[22:07] | Yeah, five people from all walks of life. | 是的 5个来自不同行业的人 |
[22:10] | There was a wealthy old woman, an orphan, a maid. | 一个很有钱的老女人 一个孤儿 一个女佣 |
[22:14] | You know, I wrote about each of them… | 我描写了他们中的每一个 他们是谁 |
[22:15] | who they were, how they touched the different people in their lives. | 如何和他们生活中的不同的人接触的 |
[22:17] | Oh, I’d love to read it. | 哦 我很想拜读一下 |
[22:19] | You gotta send me a copy. You can’t forget. | 你必须发一份复印件给我 |
[22:21] | – I won’t. – This is fun. | 千万别忘了 我不会忘记的 很有趣 |
[22:23] | I wish there was an earthquake every week. | 我希望每个星期都有地震 |
[22:24] | Don’t say that, sugarbeat. | 别那样说 |
[22:26] | The earthquake killed three people. | 甜菜 地震杀死了3个人 |
[22:27] | No, it didn’t. | 不 不是的 Monk说不是的 |
[22:29] | Not according to Mr. Monk. | Monk说不是的 |
[22:30] | He thinks one of them was a murder. | 他认为其中一起是谋杀 |
[22:33] | Yes, I’ve been meaning to ask you about that. | 对了 我一直想问你那件事呢 |
[22:35] | How’s the investigation going? | 调查进展得如何? |
[22:37] | Well, so far just a hunch. | 唔 目前 这只是个预感 |
[22:43] | Hey, can we play a game after? | 嗨 接下来我们做游戏好吗? |
[22:45] | – Song. – It’s a song! | 啊 是一首歌 |
[22:48] | Uh, stop. | 歌 |
[22:49] | – Stop. | – Stop. 呃 车站 |
[22:50] | Stop what you’re… | 公共汽车站 |
[22:51] | Breast stop. | 公共汽车站 停在你是 停靠 公共汽车站 |
[22:53] | Stop in the Name of Love. | 公共汽车站 以爱的名义停下来 |
[22:54] | Oh! | 以爱的名义停下来 |
[22:56] | How did you know that? I want you on my team. | 你怎么知道的? 我要你参加我这组 |
[22:59] | I’m gonna sit over here. | 我在这边坐 |
[23:02] | Excuse me, uh, | 打扰一下 |
[23:04] | where does this go? | 呃 这个该放在哪儿? |
[23:06] | Above the sink with all the others. | 和其他一起放在碗橱上 |
[23:08] | Well, this one… | 但 这个 |
[23:09] | All the others are square. | 其他的都是 四方的 |
[23:11] | Should I just throw it away? | 我是不是该把它扔掉? |
[23:13] | No, no, just put it down. I’ll take care of it later. | 不 放下 等一下我会处理 |
[23:15] | Adrian, why don’t you join us? | 为什么不来参加我们的游戏? |
[23:16] | Yeah, come on, we’re playing Charades. | 对 我们在玩看手势猜字谜游戏 很有意思 |
[23:18] | – It’s fun. – Yeah, it’ll be fun. | 很有意思 对 有意思的 |
[23:19] | It’s a game? That’s right. | 是个游戏 |
[23:20] | It’s a game. | 对 是个游戏 |
[23:22] | Benjy, it’s my turn. You take it. | Benjy 轮到我了 你来吧 |
[23:23] | Off you go. | 好的 去吧 |
[23:24] | A fast game’s a good game. | 快的就是好游戏 |
[23:26] | Um… | 呃 |
[23:28] | – It’s a movie! – Spiderman. | 电影 是电影 蜘蛛侠 |
[23:33] | He’s right. | 他说对了 |
[23:35] | Oh, he’s seen… | 呃 他看了 |
[23:36] | He’s seen the movie 20 times, | 他看了20次那部电影 |
[23:38] | and he was just reading the comic book, so I figured… | 他还在读蜘蛛侠的连环画 所以我想 |
[23:40] | He’s 11-years-old. | 他才11岁 |
[23:41] | Let him have fun. | 你让他开心点嘛 |
[23:44] | Okay, I got one. | 好了 我有一个 |
[23:47] | It’s a movie. | 电影 |
[23:49] | Six words. | 呃 6 6个子的 |
[23:51] | The Man Who Came to Dinner. | 来吃饭的男人 |
[23:53] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[23:54] | It’s a movie about a houseguest who wouldn’t leave. | 这是一部关于一个不愿意离开的访客的电影 |
[23:57] | Six words. You were looking at me. | 6个字 你在看着我 |
[24:01] | Okay, Darryl, why don’t you go next? | 好吧 Darryl |
[24:03] | All right. I got one. | 你接下一个吧 好的 我有一个 |
[24:06] | Okay, now instead of playing Charades, | 现在 我们不是玩看手势猜字谜游戏 |
[24:08] | we’re playing “Let’s stump Monk.” | 我们是玩难倒Monk的游戏 |
[24:10] | Yeah, stump Monk. | 让我们难倒他 |
[24:12] | – A Bible? – Book. | 一部名著? 一本书,对吗? |
[24:15] | The Bridge of San Luis Rey. | 圣路易莱的桥 |
[24:17] | Is he right? | 他说对了? |
[24:19] | Of course he’s right. | 他当然对了 |
[24:21] | You know, why don’t we watch TV? | 你知道 为什么我们不看电视呢? |
[24:23] | You said I’m not allowed to watch TV. | 呃 你说过我不可以看电视的 |
[24:24] | Well, I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[24:26] | – Turn it on. – Uh… | 打开电视 好的 |
[24:31] | A necessary adjunct to the recording of all… | 一个必要的录制所有的助手 |
[24:37] | How’d you know the name of the book? | 你怎么知道书的名字? |
[24:39] | The little story he told at dinner about the bridge collapsing, | 饭桌上他说的那个关于桥垮塌的小故事 |
[24:41] | it was a novel from the ’20s called The Bridge of San Luis Rey. | 21世纪小说中的一篇 叫圣路易莱的桥 |
[24:49] | Don’t do this. | 别这样做 |
[24:51] | Every time I like somebody, | 每次我喜欢一个人 |
[24:52] | you ruin it. | 你都把它给毁了 |
[24:57] | In the airless atmosphere of outer space. | 在没有空气的外太空 |
[25:00] | And the nation first to conquer space | 国家第一次征服太空 控制世界 |
[25:03] | controls the world, | 留下的是所有秘密科学成就中最珍贵的 |
[25:05] | leaving only the most valuable | |
[25:07] | of all secret scientific achievements. | 人类可以控制的太空征服巨人 |
[25:10] | Space-conquering giants that man can control. | |
[25:17] | Um, I wasn’t sure how you took it. | 呃 我不太清楚你喝什么样的? |
[25:20] | Light and sweet. Thanks. | 清一点 甜一点 哦 谢谢 |
[25:24] | Oh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[25:29] | Hello. | 喂? |
[25:30] | I thought you were going to call me. | 喂? 我以为你会打电话给我 是的 我知道 知道 |
[25:31] | Yeah, I know. I know. | 是的 我知道 知道 |
[25:33] | It’s my editor. | 是我的编辑 |
[25:35] | Oh. | 哦 |
[25:37] | Did you get into her place yet? | 你去了她家吗? |
[25:38] | I’m working on it. | 正在做呢 |
[25:39] | I am aware of the deadline, and I know it’s important. | 我知道期限 我也知道它的重要性 |
[25:42] | You said you’d have it by tonight. | 你说过今晚可以拿到的 |
[25:44] | Listen, mate, the sooner I’m off this phone, | 听着 伙计 越快收线 |
[25:46] | the quicker I can get back to work. | 我就越快回去工作 |
[25:47] | Correct. Bye-bye. | 对 |
[25:55] | Here you go. | 再见 |
[26:00] | You are an angel. | 你真是个天使 |
[26:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:09] | And there’s no way he could have been nominated for a Pulitzer. | 他绝不可能被普利策奖提名 |
[26:12] | Maybe he’s a good writer. | 也许他是个好作家 |
[26:14] | It’s not that. | 不是那样的 |
[26:16] | The Pulitzer is only for American journalism. | 普利策奖只是颁发给美国新闻业的 |
[26:19] | He said that story was published in Australia. | 他说他的故事是澳大利亚发表的 |
[26:21] | So what? | 那又怎么样? |
[26:22] | Maybe he’s trying to impress me. | 或许他只是想给我留下深刻印象 |
[26:24] | Maybe he likes me. | 也许他喜欢我 |
[26:27] | God, you’re scaring him away. | 天呀 而你呢 却要把他吓走 |
[26:29] | Gail’s trying to seduce him. | Gail又要引诱他 |
[26:31] | And I’m stuck in the middle as usual. | 我又象平常一样夹在中间了 |
[26:33] | Tobor, bringing you chills | 拖勃给你带来你从未体验过的刺激 |
[26:35] | you’ve never known before. | |
[26:37] | Tobor, the most human… | 拖勃 最人性化的外太空人 |
[26:38] | Gail, where’s the bathroom? | Gail 洗澡间在哪儿? |
[26:40] | First door on the left. | 左边第一间 |
[26:42] | Be sure to see Tobor. | 一定请看拖勃 |
[26:49] | All I’m saying is there’s something about that guy. | 我想说的是那家伙有问题 |
[26:51] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[26:53] | No, no, you be careful. | 不 不 你小心点 |
[26:54] | I am sick and tired of being careful. | 我对小心点已经厌恶之极 |
[27:39] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[27:42] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[27:44] | This building’s off limits. | 呃 这栋楼已经封闭了 |
[27:47] | Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m with the phone company. | 是的 是的 我知道 我 呃 我是电话公司的 |
[27:50] | I was told we had this block to ourselves. | 我只知道这个街区只有我们能进入 |
[27:53] | You have a work order? | 你有工作通行令吗? |
[27:54] | Yeah. | 是 有 当然 |
[27:55] | Yeah, sure. Sure, I do. | 是 有 当然 我当然有 它在 呃 |
[27:56] | It’s, uh… | 我当然有 它在 呃 |
[27:59] | You know what, I must have left it in my truck. | 知道吗? 我一定是忘在卡车里了 |
[28:02] | I didn’t see any truck. | 我没看到任何卡车 |
[28:04] | Look, wait right here. I gotta call this in. | 噢 你在这里等等 我得报告一下 |
[28:18] | I’m afraid I can’t let you do that. | 不 |
[28:31] | Copy that. | 朋友 我不能让你那样做 |
[28:34] | You got a name? | 有他的名字吗? |
[28:35] | Yep, David Bushner. Age 44. | 有 叫David Bucina 44岁 |
[28:38] | He was a gas company tech. | 他是煤气公司的技术员 |
[28:40] | Stabbed, one in the chest. | 被刺 |
[28:42] | He went missing late last night. | 胸部一刀 昨晚就失踪了 |
[28:44] | Phone company crew just found him. | 电话公司的人员刚发现他 |
[28:46] | Where’s his truck? | 他的卡车在哪儿? |
[28:47] | It’s parked up on Downey where he left it. | 它 呃 停在他原来停放的唐尼街区 |
[28:50] | We don’t know if this is the murder scene | 我们不知道这是谋杀现场 |
[28:52] | or if he was dumped here. | 还是他被扔到这儿的 |
[28:54] | No, he was killed somewhere else. | 不 他是在别的地方被杀的 |
[28:55] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[28:57] | Yeah, body’s on an incline, head down. | 你确定? 是的 尸体倾斜头朝下 |
[29:00] | Look at the blood stain on his chest. | 看他胸口的血迹 |
[29:01] | Blood doesn’t flow uphill. | 血不会向上流的 |
[29:03] | At least, not in my experience. | 至少以我的经验 我认为不是第一现场 |
[29:05] | When was the last time he was seen upright? | 人家最后一次见到他是什么时候? |
[29:08] | Uh, according to his log, | 啊 按他的日志 |
[29:09] | the last gas line he inspected | 他检查的最后一段煤气管道是 |
[29:11] | was, uh, 304 Downey Road. | 呃 |
[29:13] | 10:00 last night. | 唐尼路304号 昨晚10:00 |
[29:14] | 304 Downey. | 唐尼路304号? |
[29:16] | That’s two doors down from Sharona’s. | 唐尼路304号? 离Sharona的家只有2墙之远 |
[29:22] | The water’s all rusty. | 水很多锈的 |
[29:23] | Oh, it gets like that after every earthquake. | 哦 每次地震后水都是这样的 |
[29:26] | But I always keep some mineral water on hand | 但我总是会存些矿泉水 |
[29:29] | just for emergencies. | 以防急用 |
[29:32] | Hmm. Where’s all my water? | 哦 我所有的水呢? |
[29:36] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生? |
[29:38] | Mr. Monk, are you in there? | Monk先生 你在里面吗? |
[29:39] | Don’t come in. I’m taking a bath. | 别进来 我在洗澡 |
[29:42] | Are you taking a bath in mineral water? | 你用我的矿泉水洗澡? |
[29:44] | Uh, the tap water was a little rusty. | 呃 水龙头的水有点锈 |
[29:47] | Well, enjoy it, | 太好了 好好享受吧 |
[29:48] | because that bath is costing me $95. | 太好了 好好享受吧 你洗这次澡花了我95美元 |
[29:51] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[29:54] | He can tell what you’re thinking | 他只是通过你是如何坐在椅子上的 |
[29:57] | just by how you’re sitting in your chair. | 就可以说出你在想什么 |
[29:59] | – Wow. – Mm-hmm. | 哇 |
[30:01] | I should write about him. | 唔—哼 我应该写写他 |
[30:03] | You should. Nobody would believe it. | 你是该写写 但没人会相信 |
[30:07] | You’d have to put it in the science fiction section. | 你必须把他写进科幻小说里 |
[30:15] | So… | 谢谢 那么 |
[30:20] | What about you? | 你怎么样? |
[30:23] | What about me? | 我怎么样? |
[30:29] | Oh, hi. | 哦 嗨 我能 呃 |
[30:31] | Can I, um, can I help you? | 我能帮你什么忙吗? |
[30:33] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 我是Disher副队 |
[30:34] | I’m Lieutenant Disher, San Francisco Police. | 下午好 我是Disher副队 旧金山警察 |
[30:36] | I need to speak to Adrian Monk. | 我要找Adrian Monk |
[30:38] | Oh, he’s in the bathroom right now washing up. | 哦 呃 他现在在洗澡间洗澡呢 |
[30:42] | – That would be Monk. – Mmm. | Monk就是那样的 嗯 |
[30:46] | I need to make sure that he gets these. | 我必须确保他能拿到这些东西 |
[30:48] | It’s very important. | 非常重要的 |
[30:49] | Oh, sure. | 呃 当然 你是 呃 |
[30:50] | Are you, um, are you really a cop? | 呃 当然 你是 呃 你真的是警察? |
[30:52] | Yes, I am. | 是的 我是 |
[30:55] | Oh, wow. Look at that. | 哦 哇 |
[30:57] | Nice picture. | 看 这么漂亮的照片 |
[30:58] | Why’d you get rid of the moustache? | 你为什么剃掉了你的胡子? |
[31:00] | My captain has a moustache. | 我的队长有胡子我就剃掉了我的 |
[31:01] | I shaved mine off so that people could tell us apart. | 大家才能把我和他区分开来 |
[31:04] | Oh. | 哦啊 |
[31:05] | Sharona never told me she had a sister. | Sharona从来没有告诉过我她有个姐妹 |
[31:07] | Younger. | 妹妹 |
[31:08] | How long have you known her for? | 你认识她多久了? |
[31:09] | – Four years now. – Really? | 4年了 |
[31:11] | And she never mentioned me at all? | 真的?而她从来没提起过我? |
[31:14] | Well, she’s obviously a little jealous. | 嗯 很明显她是有点嫉妒你 |
[31:17] | Exactly. | 完全正确 那么 警察先生 |
[31:18] | Say, copper, you like Italian food? | 你喜欢意大利食物吗? |
[31:20] | Yeah. | 喜欢 哦 |
[31:27] | Oh, it’s hot. | 哦 热 |
[31:33] | You know, I dated a cop once. | 我以前和一个警察约会过 |
[31:35] | I still have his handcuffs on my bedpost. | 我床柱上还有他的手铐呢 |
[31:38] | Well, then I should inform you you are still | 那么我得告诉你 你仍然还有偷盗财产罪 |
[31:40] | in possession of stolen property. | 你仍然还有偷盗财产罪 |
[31:42] | I might have to bring you down to the station. | 我可能要把你带回警局去 |
[31:43] | Really? I might not mind that. | 真的?我可能不会介意 给 |
[31:49] | Here, try this. | 试试这个 哦 |
[31:53] | Too spicy? | 太辣了? |
[31:55] | No, it’s perfect. | 不 很好 |
[31:56] | Mm, perfect. | 哦 很好 |
[32:00] | So, uh… | 呃 那么 呃 |
[32:02] | What’s it like having Adrian Monk as a houseguest? | 有Adrian Monk这样的房客 你觉得如何? |
[32:05] | Well, a few years ago a squirrel got into the house, | 哦 几年前 一只松鼠进了我的房子 |
[32:07] | and I could hear it running through the attic and the walls. | 我可以听到它在阁楼上和墙上到处跑 |
[32:10] | Took me two months to get rid of it. | 花了我2个星期才把它弄走 |
[32:12] | – Drove me crazy. – And? | 快把我弄疯了 |
[32:14] | It’s like that. | 那么? Monk就象它那样 |
[32:15] | So are you, um, you gonna wait for him? | 那么你呃 |
[32:19] | Monk. | 你要等他? |
[32:21] | No, I can’t. | 不 我不能等了 |
[32:23] | If he’s washing up, he could still be another two or three hours. | 如果他在洗澡 他可能还要2-3个小时 |
[32:27] | I should, uh. | 我应该 呃 |
[32:29] | Could you make sure he gets this? | 你能确定他可以拿到这个? |
[32:31] | Oh, of course. | 哦 当然 |
[32:33] | Thanks for the sauce. | 谢谢你的酱 |
[32:35] | Sauce, yeah. | 酱 是的 |
[32:37] | Well, what do you do when you’re not working? | 那么 你不工作的时候做什么呢? |
[32:38] | Um, I don’t know. Thank you. | 哦 我不知道 |
[32:41] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | 谢谢 请慢用 谢谢 |
[32:43] | I’ll just have one more. | 我还要一个 |
[32:46] | It never comes up. | 从没出现过不工作 我一天24小时 |
[32:47] | I’m on call 24/7. | 每周7天随时听候他调遣 |
[32:49] | That’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[32:51] | I mean, you don’t ever feel the need to cut loose, | 我的意思是 |
[32:53] | do something crazy? | 你不觉得需要放松一下 做点疯狂的事? |
[32:57] | Like what? | 比如什么? |
[32:59] | Like dance. | 比如跳舞 |
[33:01] | With me. | 和我 |
[33:03] | Here. | 这里 |
[33:04] | In the afternoon. | 下午 |
[33:07] | – I’m a good dancer. – I’ll bet you are. | 我舞跳得很好 |
[33:09] | Come on. | 我想是的 来吧 |
[33:11] | Why not? | 好的 |
[33:13] | Thanks. | |
[33:14] | Whoa. | 我没事 |
[33:16] | I’m… I’m fine. I’m fine. | 没事 |
[33:32] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[33:34] | What? | 什么? |
[33:37] | Your apartment’s two blocks from here. | 你的房子离这2个街区? |
[33:42] | Mmm. | 唔 |
[33:44] | We can’t get in yet. It’s blocked off. | 我们进不去 被封闭了 |
[33:50] | You know what they say. | 你知道人们怎么说吗? |
[33:53] | Good things come to those who wait. | 好事总是降临给会等待的人 嗯 |
[33:57] | Well, I can’t wait. | 但是 我等不及了 |
[34:03] | We can just sneak in. | 我们可以偷偷地溜进去 |
[34:08] | It’s too dangerous. | 太危险了 |
[34:09] | That’s what makes it so exciting. | 这正使我兴奋 |
[34:14] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[34:19] | Are you sure? | 你确定要这样? |
[34:22] | I am sure. | 哦 我确定 |
[34:25] | Oh. | 哦 |
[34:27] | What? | 什么? |
[34:29] | I just remembered. | 我记起来了 |
[34:31] | I promised Gail I’d be home by 2:30. | 我答应过Gail我2:30回去 |
[34:36] | We got plenty of time. | 你还有很多时间 |
[34:39] | Do you have any Q-tips? | 你有什么秘密消息吗? |
[34:41] | Well, Lieutenant Disher dropped by. | 啊 Disher副队来过 |
[34:43] | He did? | 是吗? 是的 你知道 他有点可爱 |
[34:44] | Yeah, you know, he’s kinda cute. | 是的 你知道 他有点可爱 |
[34:46] | I’ve got this thing for cops. | 我明白了 警察都有这个特点 |
[34:47] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 这就是为什么 我和你能够那么顺畅地相处的原因 嗯 |
[34:48] | That’s why you and I get along so swimmingly. | 我和你能够那么顺畅地相处的原因 嗯 |
[34:52] | Do you have any white ones? | 有没有白色的? |
[34:53] | What’s the difference? | 有什么不同吗? |
[34:55] | These are blue. | 这些是蓝色的 |
[34:57] | I’ll wait for Sharona. | 呃 我等Sharona来 |
[34:59] | “Anywhozzle,” he dropped this off. | 不管怎么样 他放在这儿的 |
[35:02] | Some phone records you wanted. | 你要的一些电话记录 |
[35:03] | Oh. | 啊 |
[35:04] | Oh, and get this… | 哦 还要告诉你这个 他们在何巴特公园附近发现一具尸体 |
[35:05] | The found a body near Hobart Park. | 他们在何巴特公园附近发现一具尸体 |
[35:07] | A gas company repairman. | 一个煤气公司修理工 迪学副队说 |
[35:09] | Lieutenant Disher said they think he was killed near Sharona’s house. | 他们认为谋杀现场在Sharona的房子附近 |
[35:11] | What? | 什么? |
[35:12] | He said it was probably no big deal, | 什么? 他说可能没什么大不了的 |
[35:14] | but the captain wanted you to know. | 但队长想让你知道一下 |
[35:16] | This is strange. | 很奇怪 |
[35:20] | Darryl. | 达瑞 |
[35:21] | The phone lines are working. | 电话线通了 |
[35:23] | Really? | 真的? 嗯 我终于可以查查我的留言了 |
[35:24] | Yeah, I can probably check my messages. | 嗯 我终于可以查查我的留言了 |
[35:34] | There was a call from the Rutherford house | 昨天早上8:41 |
[35:36] | to Sharona’s at 8:41 yesterday morning. | 有人从Rutherford家打了电话给Sharona家 |
[35:39] | That’s just before the earthquake hit. | 那刚好是地震前 |
[35:41] | They were probably talking about the fundraiser. | 他们也许在谈资金的捐募者 |
[35:44] | Then there was another call to Sharona’s, | 然后又有一个电话打过Sharona |
[35:46] | again at 8:45, right… | 时间是8:45就在 |
[35:50] | right after the quake. | 就在地震之 |
[35:53] | She called Sharona’s | 后 她先打电话给Sharona家 |
[35:55] | before she called 9-1-1. | 然后才打911报警 |
[35:57] | Maybe she panicked. Maybe she hit redial. | 也许她很恐慌 或许她拨了重拨键 |
[35:58] | Damn, where are my keys? | 妈的 我的钥匙呢? 原来是放在我包里的 |
[35:59] | I coulda sworn they were in my bag. | 原来是放在我包里的 |
[36:01] | Your bag? | 你的包?和Sharona的包一样的那个? |
[36:03] | That looks just like Sharona’s bag. | |
[36:04] | So? | 又怎么样? |
[36:09] | He said, “Who’s the widow?” | 他说过 “那个寡妇是谁?” |
[36:11] | – Who did? – Darryl. | 谁说过? 达瑞 当他在教堂看见Christine Rutherford时 |
[36:13] | When he saw Christine Rutherford at the church, | 他说那个寡妇是谁? |
[36:15] | he said, “Who’s the widow?” | |
[36:17] | How did he know she was a widow? | 他怎么知道她是个寡妇 |
[36:19] | She coulda been mourning her father or her child. | 她完全有可能在悼念她的父亲或孩子呀 |
[36:21] | Maybe he recognized her from TV. | 或者他从电视上认出她来了 不 |
[36:23] | No, no, no, he said, “Who’s the widow?” | 不 不 他说那个寡妇是谁? |
[36:28] | He knows her. | 他认识她 |
[36:32] | Oh, my God, Sharona. | 哦 我的天 Sharona |
[36:35] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天呀 |
[36:36] | What is it? | 什么? |
[36:37] | It’s Henry Rutherford. | 是Henry |
[36:39] | Listen. | Rutherford 听 |
[36:42] | Sharona, this is Henry Rutherford. | Sharona 我是Henry Rutherford |
[36:44] | I just spoke to the caterer and… | 我刚才和办宴会者谈过了 而且 |
[36:46] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[36:47] | It’s an earthquake. | 地震了 |
[36:52] | Christine, what are you… No! No! | Christine 你在干 不 不 |
[36:56] | I gotta call Adrian. | 我要打电话给Adrian |
[36:58] | I think we’re going to be going by your apartment after all. | 我想我们终究要顺便走访一下你的房子了 |
[37:04] | Move. | |
[37:09] | We’re coming up to her place now. | 我们现在在去她家的路上 |
[37:15] | I’ve been trying to get that idiotic tape | 两天来我一直在想办法 |
[37:17] | out of your machine for two days. | 弄到你的白痴电话录音 |
[37:26] | Don’t park here. Go around the block. | 不要在这儿停车 绕过这个街区 |
[37:31] | Captain Stottlemeyer, please. It’s Adrian Monk. | 请Stottlemeyer队长听电话 我是Adrian |
[37:33] | Tell him it’s very important. | Monk 告诉他这非常重要 |
[37:44] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[37:45] | Oh, how ’bout that? My mother was right. | 怎么样?妈妈是对的 |
[37:47] | An aftershock, can you believe it? | 一次余震 |
[37:49] | Lieutenant, either fix that pipe or buy everybody an umbrella. | 简直不敢相信 副队 要么修好那个水管 要么你给每个人买一把雨伞 |
[37:52] | Yes, sir. | 好的 长官 |
[37:55] | Can you take line two, sir? It’s Monk. | 你能接一下2号电话吗?长官 是Monk |
[37:59] | Better be good. | 最好是好消息 |
[38:03] | What? | 什么? |
[38:07] | Wait, no, wait. | 等等 不 等等 Monk |
[38:08] | Monk, slow down. Try it again. | 慢点再试说一遍 |
[38:27] | Hi, this is Sharona… | 嗨 这是Sharona和Benjy家 |
[38:41] | Why don’t you write it down? | 为什么不写下来? |
[38:43] | That’s a great idea. Write it down. | 好主意 写下来 |
[38:45] | Well, he’s writing it down. | 哦 他写下了 |
[38:46] | It says… | 写着 呃 |
[38:51] | Look, tell Monk that I’m gonna send a squad car, okay? | 好 告诉Monk 我会派一辆巡逻车来 好吗? |
[38:54] | Well, no, he’s already gone. | 哦不 他已经 他已经走了 |
[38:56] | He’s gone? What do you mean he’s gone? | 走了? 走了是什么意思? |
[38:58] | Captain, I think Sharona’s in trouble. | 队长 我想 Sharona遇到麻烦了 |
[39:02] | Lieutenant. | 副队?备车 |
[39:04] | Get the car. | |
[39:08] | Tracka! | |
[39:26] | I was trying to avoid all this. | 我一直想避免这样 |
[39:29] | I was trying to get to the answering machine | 我一直想在你听到留言 |
[39:30] | before you heard that message. | 之前拿到你的留言机 |
[39:33] | Darryl. | |
[39:36] | Honey, what are you doing here? | 亲爱的 你在这干吗? |
[39:38] | I told you I’d take care of it. | 我说过我会处理这事的 |
[39:39] | You heartless bitch. | 你这个胆小的婊子 |
[39:41] | Open the bloody door. | 把这该死的门打开 |
[39:46] | Hold on, hold on. What the hell is that, Korean? | 等等 等等 等一下 你究竟在说什么?韩语? |
[39:51] | Chinese? | 中文? |
[39:54] | Turn here? You want me to turn here? | 这里转弯? |
[39:55] | Is that what you’re saying? | 你要我在这里转弯吗? |
[39:57] | Do you want me to turn here? | 你的意思是这样吗? 你要我在这里转弯吗? |
[39:58] | Is that what you’re saying? | 你要我在这里转弯吗? 你是那样说的吗? |
[40:01] | They come over here, and they take our welfare. | 他们来到这里 |
[40:04] | And they take our food stamps. | 他们享受我们的福利 |
[40:06] | They don’t bother to learn our damn language. | 他们拿了我们的粮食印花 但他们根本不去学我们的他妈的语言 |
[40:11] | Inside. | 进去 |
[40:16] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[40:19] | Where’s the tape? | 录音带呢? |
[40:22] | Where’s the tape? | 录音带呢? |
[40:23] | – It’s digital! – Just take the whole thing. | 是数码的 把整个拿走 |
[40:28] | Now, | 现在 |
[40:30] | what are we gonna do with you? | 我们怎么处理你呢? |
[40:32] | We’ve got no choice. | 我们没得选择 |
[40:33] | Come on, Darryl, do it. | 快点 Darryl 杀了她 |
[40:35] | I’ve come too far to stop now. | 我已经没法收手了 |
[40:37] | – Here? – Yeah, here. Why not? | 就这儿? 对 这儿 怎么不行? |
[40:39] | ‘Cause blood is gonna go everywhere. | 因为搞得到处都是血 |
[40:40] | Who’s gonna see blood in this mess? | 这么混乱谁会看到血? |
[40:42] | Monk will. Monk notices everything. | Monk会的 Monk注意任何事 |
[40:45] | – He’s a damn freak. – Just take her to the… | 他是个他妈的怪人 |
[41:00] | Hey, hey, hey, hey. | 那么 把她拉到洗澡间 |
[41:06] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[41:08] | So you can talk. | 你会说英语呀 |
[41:11] | Bilingual sons of bitches. | 狗娘养的双语者 |
[41:18] | Oh, my God. | 哦 |
[41:21] | Where are you goin’? | 你想去哪儿? |
[41:36] | Oh, God. | 哦 天呀 |
[41:52] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[41:54] | I’m surprised you can talk with a broken jaw. | 我很惊奇你的下巴烂了还能讲话 |
[41:57] | I don’t have a broken jaw. | 我的下巴没烂 |
[42:03] | Adrian! | 还没有 |
[42:05] | Adrian, are you okay? | Adrian 你没事吧? |
[42:07] | Oh, God. | 哦 |
[42:08] | It’s all over. | 天 一切都过去了 |
[42:10] | I’m gonna need a broom. | 我需要一个扫帚 |
[42:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:21] | Oh, my God, it looks great. | 哦 我的天 看起来很不错 |
[42:23] | It’s back to normal. | 恢复原样了 |
[42:24] | I had a cleaning crew take care of it. | 我叫了清洁队来打扫 |
[42:27] | Insurance company paid for most of it. | 保险公司付了大部分费用 |
[42:30] | Oh, oh, | 哦 |
[42:32] | I almost forgot. | 哦 我差点忘记了 |
[42:35] | Here’s the note you wrote. | 这是你写的纸条 |
[42:37] | Now do you believe me? | 现在你相信我了吧? |
[42:42] | Did I really write this? | 真的是我写的? |
[42:45] | Unbelievable. | 令人难以相信 |
[42:47] | Uh, Adrian, listen. | 呃 Adrian 听着 |
[42:49] | Now that you’re home, | 既然你已经回家了 |
[42:50] | there’s something we have to talk about. | 有些事我们得谈谈 |
[42:52] | Uh-oh. | 啊—哦 |
[42:54] | I haven’t been paid since the earthquake. | 地震后我就没有拿过薪水了 |
[42:58] | – Are you sure? – Yeah, it’s been three weeks. | 真的? 是的 3个星期了 |
[43:03] | Hmm? Here’s your checkbook. | 嗯?这是你的支票本 |
[43:10] | That’s not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[43:16] | Okay, will you stop it? You owe me money. | 好了 停下来别说了 你欠我钱 |
[43:22] | – I know you’re faking it. – Not faking it. | 我知道你装的 |
[43:24] | You just spoke English. | 我没装 说英语 |