| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:05] | Is there a problem? | 你怎么了? |
| [00:07] | Derek, you’re avoiding the subject. | Derek 你在逃避话题 |
| [00:10] | What’s wrong with the subject? | 什么话题啊?你的脖子是我最喜欢的话题 |
| [00:11] | Your neck is my favorite subject. | |
| [00:13] | Let’s go inside. | 我们进屋吧 |
| [00:15] | You can’t. You have to get up early tomorrow. | 不行啊 你明天要早起准备S.A.T.考试 |
| [00:17] | – The SAT’s, remember? – I’m not taking the stupid test. | 记得吗? 又不是我自己要考 |
| [00:19] | I’m just making sure the little bastards don’t cheat. | 只是监督那些小王八蛋们不作弊就行了 |
| [00:22] | What about Laury? | 那Lory怎么办? |
| [00:25] | My wife? She took the SAT’s. | 我老婆? |
| [00:26] | I think she got about a 1680. | 她早考过了 我记得她得了1680分 |
| [00:28] | I’m serious. If you don’t tell her… I mean soon. I mean tonight… | 我是认真的 如果你不尽快的告诉她 就是今晚 |
| [00:33] | I’m going to do something about it myself. | – 我自己会想办法的 – |
| [00:34] | Beth, honey, come on now. | Beth 亲爱的 别这样 |
| [00:38] | We don’t want to go there. | – 我们没必要那样做的 |
| [00:40] | We are there. | – 我们已经到非这样做不可的地步了 |
| [00:41] | This isn’t like one of your science experiments | 这不象你的一项科学实验你能够控制每一步 |
| [00:43] | where you get to control everything. | |
| [00:45] | This is my life, too. | – 这关系到我的生活 – 我知 |
| [00:46] | – I know. – I’m not 25 years old anymore. | – 我再也不是25岁的年轻姑娘了 |
| [00:48] | I know, honey. | – 甜心 我知 |
| [00:50] | We could be happy anywhere. | 我们在一起会快乐的 |
| [00:52] | All right. | 我们在一起会快乐的 |
| [00:56] | – Let me just think. – No. | – 我只是在想 – 不 |
| [00:58] | No more stalling, Derek. | Derek 不要再拖了 |
| [01:00] | I mean it this time. | 我是认真的 |
| [01:03] | – I’m giving you until tomorrow night. | |
| [01:05] | Beth… Beth… | 我会等到明晚 |
| [01:13] | Look, you’re right. | 好吧 你是对的 |
| [01:15] | I’ll tell her tonight as soon as she gets home. | 今晚她一回家我就和她挑明 |
| [01:17] | Just tell her. | 直接告诉她 |
| [01:19] | Be brutal. | 爽快一点 |
| [01:21] | “When ’tis done, twere well it were done quickly.” | 尽快搞定这事 我也就心满意足了 |
| [01:25] | You have a quote for everything, don’t you? | 你总是能够引经据典 对吗? |
| [01:28] | That’s “Macbeth.” | 《麦克白》(莎士比亚著作)里的一句话 |
| [01:30] | That’s what you get for dating an English teacher. | 和英文老师交往就是这样的 |
| [01:32] | All right, tomorrow… | 好吧 就是明天 |
| [01:34] | Meet me, 8:00 before the test, our usual spot. | 考试前 八点钟在我们经常见的地方等我 |
| [01:38] | I’ll tell you how it went. | 我告诉你结果 |
| [03:25] | – Adrian Adrian, don’t do that. | |
| [03:27] | I’m just centering the pieces. | 别这样 – 我只是把它们放整齐 |
| [03:28] | I know what you’re doing. I’m trying to concentrate. | 我知道你在做什么 可我想集中精神 |
| [03:30] | Hold on. You’ll thank me later. | 等等 你会感激我这样做的 |
| [03:33] | You always say that. | 你总是这样说 |
| [03:35] | Have I ever once thanked you later? | 我曾经感谢过你吗? |
| [03:38] | No. | 那倒没有 |
| [03:43] | – Are you done? – Wait. | – 好了吗? – 再等等 |
| [03:47] | Okay. | 好了 |
| [03:49] | No. | 哦 |
| [03:51] | You don’t want to move there. | 你不会象那样走吧 |
| [03:53] | Why not? | – 为何不呢? |
| [03:54] | I’ll capture your queen with my bishop. | – 那样我的国王就会将死你的皇后了 |
| [03:59] | What are you doing?! | 你在干吗? |
| [04:01] | What… | 到你了 |
| [04:03] | Your move. | |
| [04:05] | Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
| [04:07] | Okay, I win. You just forfeited. | 我赢了 你作弊了 |
| [04:08] | Why? | – 什么? |
| [04:10] | You can’t do that. It’s illegal. | – 你不能那样的 是违法的 |
| [04:12] | What? | – 什么? |
| [04:13] | You know what. You can’t lick the queen. | – 你不能舔皇后的 |
| [04:14] | She’s my queen! | – 那是我的皇后 |
| [04:16] | It doesn’t matter whose queen it is. | – 谁的并不重要 你就是不能舔皇后 |
| [04:17] | You can’t lick any queen. It’s an unwritten rule. | 这是一种默认的规则 |
| [04:21] | There’s an unwritten licking the queen rule? | 有这种规则吗? |
| [04:23] | You’re not even allowed to touch a piece during a game. | 在游戏中你甚至不能碰她 |
| [04:26] | You can ask anybody. | 谁都知还的天啊 |
| [04:27] | Oh, my God, you have been touching pieces left and right. | 可是你已经碰过了每一个棋子 |
| [04:29] | You have been sexually harassing | 这上面的每一颗棋子你都性骚扰过了 |
| [04:30] | every piece on this board. | |
| [04:32] | I was centering them. That’s different. | – 我那是把它们放整齐 不一样的 – 有什么不一样? |
| [04:34] | – How’s that different? – Okay. Okay. Okay! | 好了 好了 |
| [04:37] | I’ll move. | 好了 该我走了 |
| [04:40] | There. | 走这里 |
| [04:43] | Check. | 将军 |
| [04:53] | Adrian | Adrian Monk’s office. |
| [04:55] | Can you just hold on one sec? | Monk办公室 等一会好吗? |
| [04:57] | Adrian, do you know an Arleen Cassidy? | Adrian 你认识一个叫Arleen Cassady的吗? |
| [05:00] | Arleen | Arleen Cassidy? Oh, my God. |
| [05:02] | Trudy used to talk about her all the time. | Cassady?天啊 Trudy常提起她 |
| [05:05] | They went to high school together. | 她们念同一所高中哦 |
| [05:06] | Oh. | |
| [05:08] | Hi. I’m sorry. | 嗨 对不起 |
| [05:09] | Uh-huh, sure. | 嗯 当然了 |
| [05:12] | Yes, I know where that is. Mm-hmm. | 是的 我知道在哪里 嗯 |
| [05:15] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
| [05:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [05:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
| [05:22] | Adrian, she really wants to talk to us. | Adrian 她确实想和我们谈谈 |
| [05:24] | She just gave me the address. | 她给了我地址 |
| [05:26] | She said it’s very important. | 还说这件事很重要 |
| [05:27] | Do you think we should go? | – 你认为我们该去吗? – 这可能是桩生意啊 |
| [05:29] | It could be a job. | – 你现在就想走吗? – 当然 |
| [05:30] | Do you want to leave now? Yeah. | – 你现在就想走吗? – 当然 |
| [05:33] | Before we finish the game? | – 在我们下完棋之前? – 当然 |
| [05:34] | – Yeah. – Then you forfeit. | 那你输了 |
| [05:38] | Wait. This is a handicapped space. | 等一下 这里不能停车 |
| [05:41] | I think we qualify. | 我想我们在这里停车是被许可的 |
| [05:43] | Wow. | 哇 |
| [05:44] | This is where Trudy went to school? | 这就是Trudy的学校吗? |
| [05:47] | How’d she afford it? | – 她能付得起学费? |
| [05:48] | On scholarship. | – 有助学金的 |
| [05:50] | Ah, she loved it here. | 哦 她很喜欢这里的 |
| [05:52] | She described it to me in such detail. | 她把这里向我详细的描述过 |
| [05:55] | I almost feel like I went to school here. | 感觉就像是我也在这里读过书似的 |
| [05:58] | Trudy | Trudy. |
| [06:00] | All right, then let it ride. Yeah, bet the whole $200. | 好吧 |
| [06:04] | What’s the spread on Michigan? | 嗯 |
| [06:06] | Uh, excuse me, excuse me. | 对不起 打扰一下 |
| [06:07] | Hold on, J.J. Can I help you? | 等会 什么事? |
| [06:09] | Yeah, we’re looking for an Arleen Cassidy. | – 我们在找Arleen |
| [06:11] | She’s the vice principal. | Cassady 这里的副校长 |
| [06:12] | Yeah? You reporters? | – 嗯 你们是记者? |
| [06:14] | No, we’re with the police. | – 不 我们是帮警察做事的 |
| [06:16] | My wife went here. Did you know her? | 我妻子在这里上过学 Trudy |
| [06:19] | Trudy Ellison? | Alice 你认识她吗? |
| [06:20] | No, I only been here a year. | 不 我刚来了一年而已 |
| [06:21] | She was valedictorian. | – 她做过告别演说 |
| [06:23] | Great. Congratulations. | – 很不错啊 恭喜了 |
| [06:24] | She was on the yearbook committee… | 她还上过学校的年鉴 |
| [06:26] | Adrian… He didn’t know her. | Adrian 他根本就不认识她 |
| [06:29] | Um, where would we find Miss Cassidy? | 嗯 我们在哪可以找到Cassady夫人? |
| [06:33] | Uh, administration building, second floor. | 哦 在行政楼 第二层就是了 |
| [06:36] | Thanks. | 谢了 啊 |
| [06:37] | Oh! Sorry. | 对不起 |
| [06:39] | Were you here this morning? | 你今早在这里吗? |
| [06:40] | No. Missed it. | 没有 我错过了 |
| [06:42] | Thank God, huh? Heartbreaking, isn’t it? | 感谢上帝 不是吗? |
| [06:44] | But what are you gonna do? | 很令人伤心的 对吗? |
| [06:45] | Hey, you there? | 嘿 你还在吗? |
| [06:48] | I was living in New York when I heard the news about Trudy. | 听到Trudy去世消息时 我还在纽约 |
| [06:51] | I cried for weeks. | – 我哭了好几个星期 |
| [06:53] | Ahh. We all cried. | – 哦 我们都哭了 |
| [06:55] | And they never caught the people responsible? | 他们还没有抓到任何嫌疑犯吗? |
| [06:57] | We’re still looking. Were you and Trudy close? | – 还在找 – 你和Trudy很要好吗? |
| [07:01] | Oh, we were like sisters. | 哦 |
| [07:03] | But everybody felt that way about Trudy. | 就象是亲姐妹 每个人都很喜欢她 |
| [07:05] | I helped her through Algebra, | 我帮她学代数 |
| [07:06] | and she got me through English Lit. | 她帮我学英文 |
| [07:08] | She was a wonderful writer. | 她文笔很不错 |
| [07:10] | Did you ever read any of her poems? | 你读过她的诗吗? |
| [07:11] | I read them almost every night. | 我几乎每晚都读的 |
| [07:14] | Oh. I’m so sorry I never made it to the wedding. | 很遗憾我没赶上你们的婚礼 |
| [07:17] | Was it wonderful? | – 婚礼很捧吧? |
| [07:18] | It was… Wonderful. | – 是很捧 |
| [07:21] | So, uh, what happened here today? | 那么 呃 今天这里到底是怎么回事? |
| [07:25] | One of my teachers died a few hours ago. | 有个老师几小时之前死了 |
| [07:28] | I’m still shaking. | 我到现在还很震惊 |
| [07:29] | Um, her name was Beth Landow. | 呃 她叫Beth |
| [07:32] | She was first-rate… | Landow 非常优秀 |
| [07:33] | One of the best English teachers I had. | 我遇到过的最出色的英语老师 |
| [07:36] | They found her over there by the clock tower. | 他们在钟楼那边发现了她 |
| [07:38] | The police are calling it an apparent suicide. | 警察认为是起明显的自杀案件 |
| [07:41] | But you don’t believe them? | – 但你不这样看 |
| [07:42] | No, it’s not that I don’t believe them. | – 不是我不相信警察 |
| [07:44] | But they didn’t know her. | 他们根本就不了解她 |
| [07:46] | Why don’t you think Miss Landow killed herself? | 你为何认为不会是自杀 |
| [07:49] | Look, Beth worried… Maybe too much. | 听着 Beth是很多愁善感 也许过于敏感了 |
| [07:54] | She cared… maybe too much, but she was not suicidal. | 她总是感触太多 但她没有自杀倾向 |
| [07:58] | I will never believe that, ever. | 我一点都不相信她会自杀 – |
| [08:01] | You want me to look into it? | 决不 – 你想让我来调查? |
| [08:02] | I-I can pay you. | 我 我可以聘请你吗? |
| [08:04] | No. No, uh, I couldn’t take a nickel. | 不用 我不要你一毛钱 |
| [08:09] | It’s for Trudy. | 这是为了Trudy |
| [08:12] | Just tell him to wait. I’ll let him know. | 告诉他等等 我会告诉他的 |
| [08:15] | Okay, boys and girls, let’s wrap it up. | 好吧 孩子们 |
| [08:17] | That’s it. | 收拾好 对了 |
| [08:18] | Tell the medical examiner we’re on our way, | 告诉验尸官 我们马上出发 |
| [08:20] | and I want that report on my desk in the morning. | 明早报告要送到我的办公室 |
| [08:22] | Captain, Adrian Monk is downstairs. | 队长 Adrian Monk在楼下 |
| [08:26] | Why? | – 他来干什么? |
| [08:27] | The vice principal asked him to look into it. | – 副校长让他来调查 |
| [08:29] | It turns out that Trudy, his former… | Trudy 他的 他的前任 |
| [08:32] | ex… wife, late… | 以前的 已故的 |
| [08:34] | Yeah, I know who Trudy was, lieutenant. | – 好了副队 我知道Trudy是谁 |
| [08:37] | This is her Alma mater. He’d like to come upstairs. | – 这里是她的母校 他就要上来了 |
| [08:41] | Hang on. Nobody move. | 等等 不要动 |
| [08:45] | What am I forgetting? | 我忘了什么吗 |
| [08:47] | I mean, we got the prints off the railing. | – 栏杆上所有的指纹都采集了? |
| [08:49] | Yes, sir. | – 是的 长官 |
| [08:50] | We’ve got photographs of everything, every angle. | 每个角落都照相了吗? |
| [08:53] | – Did you bag the shoes? – Yes, sir. Done. | – 鞋子装好了吗? – 是的 长官 |
| [08:56] | The medical examiner will get the tissue and the fibers. | – 验尸官会拿到那些纤维和 |
| [09:00] | Don’t worry, sir. We’re covered here. | – 不用担心长官 |
| [09:03] | – We got the coat… – Sir, we’ve got it. | 我们已经都搞定了 长官 都搞定了 |
| [09:07] | All right, let him up. | – 好吧 |
| [09:09] | Bring him up. | 让他上来吧 – 带他上来 |
| [09:17] | Don’t look down. | 别朝下看 |
| [09:22] | Morning, Monk. | – 嘿 Monk – 队长 你好 |
| [09:23] | – | – Captain. – Sharona. |
| [09:26] | Lieutenant. | 副队 你好 |
| [09:27] | Well, I imagine this is your worst nightmare… | 哦 我想这是你最糟糕的经历了 |
| [09:29] | A crime scene on a roof. | – 屋顶上的犯罪现场 |
| [09:31] | No, it’s not my worst nightmare. | – 不 还不是最糟的 |
| [09:33] | It’s my fourth worst. No, wait… fifth. | 只能排到第4 不 是第5 |
| [09:37] | No, fourth. | 不 |
| [09:39] | Fourth… fourth or fifth. | 是第4 |
| [09:41] | I didn’t bring the list with me. | 第4还是第5 记不太清了 |
| [09:44] | What’s homicide doing here? It’s supposed to be a suicide. | 凶手在这儿干什么? 不是说是自杀吗? |
| [09:47] | It’s not a suicide until we say it’s a suicide. | 除非我们能认定 还不能说是自杀 |
| [09:50] | This happens to be one. | 可能是自杀 |
| [09:52] | No signs of a struggle? | – 没有挣扎的痕迹? |
| [09:54] | No, she left her jacket neatly folded over there. | – 没有 她的外衣叠的好好的放在这里 |
| [09:57] | What… what’s that? | – 那 |
| [09:59] | Those are her shoes. | 那些是什么? – 是她的鞋子 |
| [10:01] | She folded her jacket there? | 她把外衣放在那儿 |
| [10:02] | Why did she leave her shoes over here? | 那为何要把鞋子放在这儿? |
| [10:05] | She jumped. | 她跳了下去 |
| [10:07] | She was taking antidepressants, and we found a note. | 她一直在吃抗抑郁剂 我们找到了一张纸条 |
| [10:10] | It was in one of her pockets. | 在她的衣袋里发现的 |
| [10:13] | – It’s printed. – Yeah. | – 是打印的? – 是的 |
| [10:14] | Usually, they’re written longhand. | 通常这类东西是手写的 |
| [10:17] | I’ve seen ’em printed. | 我见过打印的 也见过手写的 |
| [10:18] | I’ve seen ’em written, I’ve seen ’em written in blood, | 有用血写的 |
| [10:20] | I’ve seen ’em written in crayon. I’ve seen it all. | 有用蜡笔写的 全都见过 |
| [10:23] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy, easy, easy. | 喔 喔 喔 喔 当心 当心 当心 |
| [10:28] | “To whomever I may have hurt, | 写给那些我伤害了的人 这个世界上烦恼太多了 |
| [10:29] | the world and its problems are just too much. I am so sorry. Beth.” | 我很抱歉 Beth |
| [10:33] | I don’t think Beth Landow wrote this note. | – 我认为这张条子不是Beth Landow写的 – 为什么? |
| [10:35] | Why not? | 这里的语法不对 不应该是省略体 |
| [10:36] | Well, it should be “its,” I-T-S, no apostrophe. | 这里的语法不对 不应该是省略体 |
| [10:40] | And then here it would be “whoever” not “whomever.” | 这里的拼写也不对 不应该用宾格 |
| [10:43] | This wasn’t written by a “first-rate” English teacher. | 这不是个一流的英文教师写的 |
| [10:47] | – She was distraught. – She wasn’t thinking straight. | 呃 她当时不正常 不能正常的思想了 |
| [10:50] | It’s a suicide note, for Christ’s sake! | 老天作证 这就是自杀的遗书啊 |
| [10:52] | Did anybody see her jump? | 有谁看到她眺下来了? |
| [10:54] | No. | 没有 |
| [10:56] | About 50 kids heard it, though. | 但有50个学生听到了 |
| [10:59] | Everyone was inside, taking the SAT’s at the time. | 当时学生们都在里面考试 |
| [11:04] | They were in the main building? | 但是 他们在主楼里 |
| [11:07] | How did they hear anything? | – 怎能听得到? |
| [11:08] | She hit a car. The alarm went off. | – 她掉在一辆车上 |
| [11:12] | – She hit a car? – Yeah, come look. | 警报响了她掉在车上? 是的 过来看啊 |
| [11:17] | – How old was she? | |
| [11:19] | 36. | 她多大了? |
| [11:21] | Which one was her car? | 哪辆是她的车? |
| [11:23] | White corolla, right over there. | 那边的那辆白色花冠 |
| [11:25] | Uh-huh. | 呃 |
| [11:27] | And whose car was this? | 那这是谁的车? |
| [11:29] | Derek Philby. | Derek Philby的 |
| [11:31] | Another teacher. Is there a problem? | 也是一名教师 有问题吗? |
| [11:34] | Well, why would anyone park here with all these broken bottles? | 有谁会在到处是碎瓶子的地方停车呢? |
| [11:37] | He could’ve parked anywhere. | 他可以停在其他的任何地方的 |
| [11:39] | I’ve parked on broken bottles before. | 我以前也曾把车停在碎瓶子上 |
| [11:41] | And the doors are unlocked. | – 他的车门也没锁是的 |
| [11:43] | Yeah, it’s a safe neighborhood. | – 这里的治安很好 |
| [11:45] | You’re right. It is a safe neighborhood. | 说的好 既然治安很好 |
| [11:47] | So… why was the alarm turned on? | 为何还要把报警系统开着? |
| [11:51] | It doesn’t make sense. | 没道理啊 |
| [11:53] | No, it never does. | – 一直都是这样的 |
| [11:54] | She just cut her hair last week. | – 她上周刚做过头发 |
| [11:56] | Well, why would she do that if she was planning to… | 如果要自杀为何还要做美发呢? |
| [11:58] | My sister suffers from depression. | 我老妹有忧郁症 |
| [11:59] | It works that way sometimes. It just overwhelms you. | 当你不能控制自己时 就会这样 |
| [12:03] | I didn’t really know her. Did she have any family? | 我并不了解她 她有家人吗? |
| [12:05] | A brother in St. Louis, I think. | 还有个弟弟在圣路易斯州 |
| [12:10] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 打扰一下 |
| [12:11] | Excuse me, um, my name is Adrian Monk. | 我是Adrian Monk |
| [12:15] | And this is Sharona Fleming, my assistant. | 这位是我的助手 Sharona Fleming |
| [12:18] | Colleague. | 同事 |
| [12:19] | My assistant/colleague. | 我的助手Sharona 同事 |
| [12:21] | Colleague/assistant. | 同事 Sharona |
| [12:23] | Um, I know this is a very difficult time… | 助手 呃 我知还大家都很难过 |
| [12:27] | Uh, I just wanted to ask you a few questions. | 呃 我只是想问大家几个问题 |
| [12:29] | Are you a policeman, Mr. Monk? | – 你是警察吗Monk先生? – 以前是 |
| [12:30] | Used to be. Um… | 呃 现在是名私家侦探 |
| [12:32] | I’m a private consultant now, and, uh… | 呃 现在是名私家侦探 呃,现在是名私家侦探 |
| [12:36] | I’m just helping the department with their report. | 现在帮局里的人处理报告什么的 |
| [12:46] | Were you all here when Miss Landow died? | Landow小姐出事时你们都在这里吗? |
| [12:49] | That’s right. The students were taking their SAT’s. | 是的 |
| [12:52] | We were proctoring the test. | 学生们在考试 我们在监考 |
| [12:53] | So… so you were all together? | 那么 你们是在一起的吗? |
| [12:56] | No, we were in different classrooms. | 不 在不同的教室里 |
| [12:58] | Adrian | Adrian… |
| [12:59] | Excuse me, what are you doing? | 对不起 你在干什么 |
| [13:01] | Um… just making them even. | 哦 我 我想把它们分的平均一点 |
| [13:05] | But you’re mixing the regular with the decaf. | 但是你把普通咖啡和低脂咖啡弄混了 |
| [13:13] | But they’re even. | – 但是现在一样多了 |
| [13:14] | But they’re mixed together. | – 可还是给混在一起了 |
| [13:18] | But they’re… they’re even. | 但 现在一样多了 |
| [13:20] | But they’re mixed together. | – 可是给混在一起了 |
| [13:22] | But they’re even. | – 但一样多了啊 |
| [13:24] | But they’re mixed together. | 可是给混起来了 |
| [13:29] | But they’re even. So the test was in progress | 但是一样多了 |
| [13:32] | when the car alarm sounded? | 那么警报器响的时候还正在考试? |
| [13:33] | Yes, we started the test at 8:20. | 是的 |
| [13:35] | On the dot. | 我们8:20开始考选择 |
| [13:37] | On the dot? | – 选择? – 选择 |
| [13:38] | – On | – On the dot. |
| [13:40] | the dot. It starts at the same time all across the country. | |
| [13:42] | It’s a standardized test. | 全国都是统一时间开考的 这是种标准化考试 |
| [13:43] | You’ve never taken the SAT’s? | 你从未参加过S.A.T.考试吗? |
| [13:46] | No, no, they gave me a different test. | 没有 他们让我考的是另一种测试 |
| [13:50] | Can you think of any reason | 你们知还为何Beth自杀吗? |
| [13:52] | why Beth would’ve killed herself? | |
| [13:54] | You know we were just talking about that. | 呃 我们正在谈论这件事呢 |
| [13:56] | Didn’t she say anything in her note? | 在她的遗书上发现什么了吗? |
| [13:58] | No. It was pretty vague. | 没有 我一头雾水 |
| [14:01] | You’re Mr. Philby? | – 呃 你是Philby先生? |
| [14:02] | That’s right. Derek Philby. | – 是的 Derek Philby |
| [14:04] | And you teach… | – 你是教? |
| [14:06] | Chemistry and Biology. | – 化学和生物 |
| [14:08] | And it was your car that she landed on, right? | 她就是掉在你的车上 对吗? |
| [14:11] | Yeah. Even if they can fix it, I can’t imagine driving it. | 是的 就算能够修好 我也不会再开那辆车了 |
| [14:14] | It just wouldn’t… It wouldn’t feel right. | 感觉总是怪怪的 |
| [14:15] | No, of course not. Of course not. | 是啊 |
| [14:18] | Could I ask you something? | 肯定是的 我能问你个问题吗? |
| [14:20] | Apparently, there’s no stopping you. | 很显然 没人阻止你 |
| [14:24] | Why did you park by the tower? | 你为何要把车停在钟楼旁? |
| [14:27] | Isn’t there faculty parking near the classrooms? | 教师们通常都是停在教室旁边的 |
| [14:30] | I was going to take a jog after the SAT’s, | 我准备在考试后去慢跑 |
| [14:32] | so I wanted to park by the field. | 所以就停在运动场旁 |
| [14:35] | Which reminds me, I need to call a taxi to get home. | 提醒我了 我该叫辆出租车回家了 |
| [14:39] | I have the number in here somewhere. | 我把号码放哪了? |
| [14:44] | You left your car alarm on. | – 你把汽车的报警系统开看? |
| [14:46] | Hmm? | – 呃 |
| [14:47] | You left your car alarm on, | 汽车的报警系统开看 |
| [14:49] | but your doors were unlocked. | 但是车门却没锁 |
| [14:51] | I forgot. | 我忘了 |
| [14:53] | I guess I’m not perfect. | – 我可不是个完人 |
| [14:55] | I guess you’re not. | – 我想也不是 |
| [14:58] | – He’s the guy. – Who’s the guy? | 他是谁啊? |
| [15:00] | Mr. Science, Derek Philby. | 科学家先生 Derek Philby |
| [15:02] | He asked about a suicide note. I never mentioned a note. | 他提到了那份遗书 我可从未说过这件事 |
| [15:05] | Well, maybe he just assumed. Isn’t there usually a suicide note? | 呃 也许是他猜的 通常自杀都会有遗书的 |
| [15:07] | As a matter of fact, there isn’t. Also, he cheats on his wife. | 实际上是没有的 还有他还欺骗自己的妻子 |
| [15:10] | – How do we know this? – Wedding ring. | 你怎么知还? |
| [15:12] | He was wearing his wedding ring. | 他可戴好了结婚戒指啊 |
| [15:14] | Yes, I know, but he takes it off a lot. | 我知还 但是他经常取下来 |
| [15:15] | When he opened his wallet, I noticed a small indentation | 比如他打开钱包时 |
| [15:18] | in the leather where he keeps it. | 我注意到他常放戒指的钱包皮革上有个印痕 |
| [15:19] | You noticed that… A little indentation? | 连这你都注意到了? 一个小小的印痕? |
| [15:22] | It’s a gift and a curse. He’s the guy. | 这是种天赋 也是种累赘 |
| [15:25] | But, Adrian, he was proctoring the SAT’s at the time, | – 他就是凶手 – 可是 Adrian 当时他正在监考啊 |
| [15:28] | and there were 50 students in the room. | – 还有50个学生在场 – 这倒是实情 |
| [15:30] | That’s true. | 那么他怎能杀了她呢? 一个人不可能 同时出现在两个地方的 |
| [15:31] | So how could he have killed her? | 那么他怎能杀了她呢? |
| [15:32] | He can’t be in two places at once. | 一个人不可能 同时出现在两个地方的 |
| [15:34] | I know, it’s impossible. But he’s the guy. | 是的 是不可能 但他就是凶手 |
| [15:45] | There’s my girl. She looked happy. | 这就是我的好姑娘 她看起来很快乐 |
| [15:46] | Oh, she was very happy. | 啊 |
| [15:48] | She hadn’t met me yet. | 那时她确实很快乐 因为还没有遇上我 |
| [15:50] | You wanted to see her appointment book. | 你想看她的日程安排手册 这是复印本 – |
| [15:52] | This is a copy. The police took the original. | 警察拿走了原件 – 谢了 |
| [15:54] | Thanks. | 能和我说说Derek Philby吗? |
| [15:55] | Can you tell me about Derek Philby? | 能和我说说Derek Philby吗? |
| [15:57] | Yeah, he’s the most popular teacher in the school. | 好的 他是学校里最受欢迎的教师 |
| [16:00] | He has a wonderful family. We’re gonna miss him terribly. | 有个很幸福的家庭 我们会很想念他的 |
| [16:03] | – He’s leaving? – He got another job. | – 他要走了吗? – 他要另谋高就了 |
| [16:05] | He’s going to be headmaster at Lincoln Academy in Marin County. | 要去马岭镇的林肯学院当校长 |
| [16:09] | It’s a big promotion. | 这可是一个大升迁 |
| [16:12] | Ms. Cassidy, | Cassady小姐 Beth |
| [16:13] | could Beth Landow have been involved with Derek Philby? | Landow和Derek Philby之间 有什么感情纠葛吗? |
| [16:16] | Beth and Derek? | Beth和Derek? |
| [16:18] | I don’t think so. | 我想不会吧 |
| [16:19] | Why? | – 为何这样说? |
| [16:21] | He was using a pen from the Modesto Inn. | – 他用的是莫德斯托墨水 |
| [16:23] | I think I’d like to spend a little more time | 我想我要在Philby先生身上多花些工夫 |
| [16:26] | with Mr. Philby, get to know him better. | 好好的了解他 |
| [16:28] | Adrian, you can’t skulk around the school. | Adrian 你不能在学校里游荡 |
| [16:30] | I’m not going to skulk. I don’t skulk. | 我没有打算偷懒 我从不偷懒的 |
| [16:32] | Stottlemeyer said the investigation is officially over. | Stottlemeyer说过这件案子已经正式结案了 |
| [16:37] | She’s right. | 她说的对 |
| [16:38] | We still haven’t found a substitute to take Beth’s class. | 我们还没有找到老师代Beth的课 |
| [16:45] | Don’t even think about it. | 你可别打这样的主意 |
| [16:49] | They’re teenagers. | 他们可都是十几岁的孩子 |
| [16:58] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
| [17:01] | I understand that, uh, | 我非常了解 呃 呃 |
| [17:04] | it’s been a very difficult time for everybody. | 对每个人来说现在是个非常时刻 |
| [17:07] | I’m going to be filling in for… two or three days. | 我来代课两三天 |
| [17:12] | And my name… | 我的名字是 |
| [17:15] | is Mr… | 我的名字是 |
| [18:20] | Mr. | 我的名字是 |
| [19:06] | Monk | Monk. |
| [19:07] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
| [19:10] | Okay. I understand that you’ve been, uh, reading | 好了 我知道你们正在 |
| [19:15] | “The Red Badge of Courage” by Stephen Crane. | 靖莎芬.科伦写的《勇气的红色勋章》 |
| [19:17] | It’s one of my favorite books. | 这是我最喜欢的书之一 |
| [19:19] | We’ll start with chapter one. | 我们从第一章开始 |
| [19:29] | What’s up with that “K”? | 这个字母K怎么回事? |
| [19:45] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
| [19:47] | Adrian, Adrian. Are you okay? | Adrian Adrian你还好吗? |
| [19:50] | What happened? | Adrian Adrian你还好吗? |
| [19:53] | Chalk dust. | 粉笔灰 |
| [19:56] | I have to go to the nurse. | 我必须去医院了 |
| [19:57] | I can’t breathe. | 现在呼吸困难 |
| [19:59] | Give me that. You don’t have to go to the nurse. | – 把粉笔给我 |
| [20:01] | Just sit down. | – 你能坐下来吗? |
| [20:06] | Okay, who threw this? | – 好吧 谁丢的? |
| [20:17] | What’s your name? | – 你的名字? – 不是我 |
| [20:18] | I didn’t do it. | – 你的名字? – 不是我 |
| [20:20] | Look, I know when a man’s lying, okay? | 听看 我很了解男人是怎么撒谎的 |
| [20:22] | I was married for 3 1/2 years. | – 我结婚三年半了 |
| [20:24] | I didn’t do it. | – 不是我 |
| [20:25] | I know that smirk. | 这种傻笑很熟悉 |
| [20:27] | My husband had that same stupid smirk on his face | 我丈夫从外面鬼混回来脸上就是这种傻笑 |
| [20:30] | when he got back from Bally’s, where it turns out | |
| [20:32] | he spent the weekend with Betsy Bennet, | 实际上他是 |
| [20:34] | his so-called ex-girlfriend. | 和所谓的前任女友Beth度周末去 |
| [20:36] | Bally’s, lady? What are you talking about? | 什么乱七八糟的啊? |
| [20:40] | Is that chalk on your hand? | 你手上的是粉笔未吗? |
| [20:43] | – Maybe I should call your parents. – You don’t have to. | – 看来我该叫你家长来一下 – 不必 |
| [20:45] | My dad’s a gym teacher here, and he’s gonna be pissed. | 我老爹是这里的体育老师他会很生气的 |
| [20:48] | – I’m really scared. – You should be. | – 我好怕怕 – 你应该怕 |
| [20:51] | Ow, lady! You’re gonna get fired! | 你会被炒鱿鱼的 |
| [20:54] | Yeah? I don’t work here, chump. | 是吗?我不是在这工作的 小子 |
| [21:03] | Okay, great. Great work, everybody. | 呃 很好 大家表现的都很好 |
| [21:08] | For tomorrow, read chapters one and… | 预习一下明天要讲的第一章和 |
| [21:11] | Uh… one… | 第一章和 |
| [21:14] | Uh, read whatever the hell you want. | 呃 随便你们想看什么吧 |
| [21:24] | Brings back memories, huh? | – 想起了一些不好的回忆? |
| [21:26] | Yeah. Mostly bad ones. | – 是啊 经常会 |
| [21:28] | Did you check out Beth Landow’s appointment book? | – Landow小姐的日程安排簿你看了吗? |
| [21:31] | Yeah. Nothing unusual. | – 是的 |
| [21:33] | She had a doctor’s appointment three days ago. | 没什么特别的 她三天前去看医生了 |
| [21:36] | I’m looking into it. | 我会跟进的 |
| [21:38] | Thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
| [21:41] | From this angle, that looks a little bit like food. | 看这边 那有些象是可以吃的东西 |
| [21:45] | It’s vegetarian lasagna. | 是蔬菜面条 |
| [21:47] | No thank you. | 不要 谢谢 |
| [21:53] | I bet you always sat at the popular kids’ table. | 我猜你是那种很受欢迎的学生 |
| [21:57] | I bet that was you over there. | 就象那边的女孩子那样 |
| [22:00] | – Where were you? – I’m over there. | – 那你呢? – 象那个受气包 |
| [22:07] | I should go over and talk to him. | 我该过去安慰他一下 |
| [22:10] | – What would you say? – Things get worse. | – 你会怎么说? – 这还不是最糟的 |
| [22:13] | Mixed vegetables or mac and cheese? | 要蔬菜还是奶酪? |
| [22:16] | Can I have both? | 能两样都要吗? |
| [22:20] | Can I have neither? | 能两样都不要吗? |
| [22:22] | If I don’t get at least a 1550, my dad is going to kill me. | 如果考不到1550分以上我爸会杀了我的 |
| [22:27] | Excuse me, um, | 打扰一下 呃 |
| [22:30] | did you take the SAT’s on Saturday? | 周六你参加了S.A.T.考试吗? |
| [22:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
| [22:34] | Uh, by any chance, were you in, uh, Mr. Philby’s room? | 不知还你是否 恰好是在Philby先生那里考的? |
| [22:38] | Yeah. | 恰好是在Philby先生那里考的? |
| [22:40] | So when Miss Landow died, | 那么当Landow小姐出事时 |
| [22:43] | you heard the car alarm go off… | 你听到汽车的报警声了? |
| [22:45] | Everybody did. There were people screaming. | 所有人都听到了 大家都在尖叫 |
| [22:47] | I guess everyone ran to the window then, huh? | – 我猜每个人都跑向了窗口 对吗? |
| [22:50] | Yeah, pretty much. | – 是啊 差不多是这样的 |
| [22:51] | What did Mr. Philby do? Did you happen to notice? | 那么Philby先生做了什么? 你留意了吗? |
| [22:54] | Yeah, we were talking about that later. | 有的 |
| [22:56] | He never moved. He never even looked up. | 我们事后还议论了一阵他动都没动过 甚至没有看一看 |
| [22:59] | What’s up, Mr. P.? | 怎么样啊? Landy |
| [23:01] | Randy! Good luck today. You got another shutout in ya? | – 今天运气很好啊 |
| [23:04] | – You know it. – Thataboy. | 你的对手没得一分? – |
| [23:06] | – Mr. Monk. – Derek. | 你听说了 好啊 Monk先生 |
| [23:08] | Heard you were filling in today. How’d it go? | 听说你今天来代课 感觉如何? |
| [23:10] | It was… great. It was great. | 很 很不错 很不错 |
| [23:12] | Actually, I heard you got off to a bit of a rough start. | 可是我听说你今天并不好过 |
| [23:15] | A little friendly advice… control the classroom. | 想要些好的建议吗? |
| [23:19] | Don’t let ’em see you sweat. | 要控制住学生们 不能表现出紧张来 |
| [23:20] | Believe me, he’s much better at his other job. | 相信我 他的另一工作很在行的 |
| [23:24] | Which is what? | – 什么? |
| [23:26] | Catching murderers. | – 抓凶手 |
| [23:33] | Mr. Philby. Yes. | – Philby先生? – 什么? |
| [23:35] | Got a minute? | – 有空吗? – 实际上没有 我妻子来接我下班 |
| [23:36] | Actually, no. My wife is picking me up. | – 有空吗? – 实际上没有 我妻子来接我下班 |
| [23:38] | I have an ethical question for you. | 昨天那个帮警察做事的Monk来问了我 |
| [23:40] | Yesterday, I was talking to that policeman Mr. Monk, | 关于钟楼的事情 |
| [23:43] | and I lied to him. | 我还向他撒了荒 |
| [23:47] | That’s wrong, isn’t it? Lying to a policeman… | 这样是不对的 是吗? 向警察撒谎 |
| [23:52] | It’s been bothering me all day. | 我内疚了一整天了 |
| [23:55] | What did you tell him? | 你都和他说了什么? |
| [23:57] | He wanted to know if I saw anything Saturday morning… | 他问我昨天早上有没有看到钟楼上有什么 |
| [23:59] | Anything unusual… and I told him I didn’t. | 我说没有 什么都没看到 |
| [24:03] | But the fact is, Mr. P., I did. | 可实际上 我看到了 |
| [24:05] | I gotta give you credit. | 你该相信 |
| [24:06] | It was pretty clever how you pulled that off. | 我心里很清楚你干了什么 |
| [24:08] | Honey! | 亲爱的 |
| [24:10] | At first, I didn’t know what the hell I was looking at. | 起初我还不明白我看到的是什么 |
| [24:13] | Pretty smart. | 你可真聪明 |
| [24:14] | Apparently, not smart enough. | 很显然 还不够聪明 |
| [24:18] | Here’s the thing. I’ll cut right to the thing. | 直说了吧 |
| [24:20] | I owe some friends of mine some money. | 我欠朋友些钱 |
| [24:22] | How much? | 多少? |
| [24:24] | $10,000. And I need it by tomorrow. | 一万 明天就要 |
| [24:29] | See that? The class of ’77. | 看到没? 77级的 |
| [24:32] | We had one of these murals in our high school, too. | 在我的高中也有这样的壁画画 |
| [24:34] | Everybody painted a little piece of it. | 每个同学都在上面话一些 |
| [24:38] | Trudy painted these flowers. | Trudy画了这些花 |
| [24:41] | How can you tell? | 你是怎么知道的? |
| [24:43] | I can tell. | 我就是知道 |
| [24:45] | Hey, hey, hey, not so fast, sister. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 别走那么快 姐姐 |
| [24:49] | I’m Kyle Patterson’s father. | 听说你在第二节课的时候 |
| [24:51] | You were hassling my kid during second period. | 踩了我儿子 |
| [24:54] | Excuse me? | – 抱歉? |
| [24:55] | Uh, I was there. Your son was way out of line. | – 哦 |
| [24:58] | He threw an eraser at me. | 当时我在场 你儿子太不象话了 朝我丢黑板擦 |
| [24:59] | He says it was an accident. | – 他说那是个意外 |
| [25:01] | Well, maybe it was. | – 好吧 也许是的 |
| [25:03] | Although, it wasn’t. | – 不过 事实上不是那样的 – |
| [25:05] | – Who are you? – I’m, uh, I’m Monk. | 你算老几? 我 我 呃 我是Monk |
| [25:09] | I’m Adrian Monk. Adrian. | 呃 Adrian Monk Adrian |
| [25:12] | Well, Adrian, this is between me and the lady. | 好吧 Adrian 这是我和这个女士之间的事 |
| [25:15] | Or should I say the other lady? | 跟其他人无关 |
| [25:17] | No, I think this is between you and me. | – 我想这是我和你之间的事 |
| [25:19] | Whatever you say, Adrian. Come on, come on. | – 那好吧 Adrian |
| [25:21] | Hey, coach! | – 来 来吧 – |
| [25:22] | Hey, guys, huh, never give up. | 嘿 教练 嘿 伙计们 怎么了? |
| [25:25] | You know that. | 千万不要松劲啊 知道吗? |
| [25:28] | I’m gunning for you, pal. | 我会找你的 伙计 |
| [25:31] | When you least expect me, | 在你最没有防备时 |
| [25:33] | that’s when you can expect me. | 看到我 |
| [25:36] | Uh, wait, wait, | 呃 |
| [25:38] | uh, I’m sorry. Um… | 等等 对不起 |
| [25:41] | “When I least expect…” what? | 你刚才说什么? |
| [25:43] | Expect me when you least expect me. | 你会时刻想着我的 |
| [25:47] | That doesn’t make sense, though. Uh… | 什么意思啊? |
| [25:50] | When the time comes, it’ll make perfect sense. | 到时候 你就知道是什么意思了 |
| [25:57] | You know what the hell he was talking about? | 你知还这家伙在胡说什么吗? |
| [27:19] | Somebody burnt the toast. | 看来是有人把面包考糊了 |
| [27:21] | What do you think? | 你怎么看?有些怪异 |
| [27:23] | I think it’s weird. | |
| [27:24] | The guy worked at the same school. | 这家伙也是在同一所高中工作 |
| [27:26] | We got two dead people. That’s weird. | 死了两个人了 很怪异 |
| [27:28] | Yeah, that’s what I was going to say. Weird. | 是啊 我也想这样说 怪异 |
| [27:31] | Captain, what do you got? | 队长 有什么发现? |
| [27:32] | Well, it looks like a pinhole rupture in the gas line. | 哦 看起来是煤气管还锈出了一个洞 |
| [27:34] | It happens all the time. | 常有的事 |
| [27:35] | He came in, tried to relight the pilot | 他走进屋子 |
| [27:37] | ’cause he wanted to make a fire, and, uh, he did. | 想生火 然后就是这样 |
| [27:39] | Monk, what do you think? | Monk 你怎么看? |
| [27:44] | Monk | Monk. Hey. |
| [27:46] | What do you think? | 嘿 你怎么看? |
| [27:50] | Uh, I don’t think he was lighting a fire. | 呃 我不认为他是想生火 |
| [27:53] | You don’t? | – 不吗? |
| [27:55] | No. It was pretty warm last night. | – 不 昨晚挺暖和的 |
| [27:56] | That’s true. | 是的 |
| [27:58] | Benjy didn’t even use his comforter. | 我儿子Benjy甚至没穿毛衣 |
| [28:00] | Plus, the air conditioner is on. | 还有他的空调也是开看的 |
| [28:05] | He’s right. It’s on. | – 他说的对 |
| [28:07] | And the flue wasn’t open. | 是开着的 – 煤气的通风管也没有开 |
| [28:08] | This was murder. | 这是谋杀 |
| [28:11] | This was… This was premeditated. | 这 |
| [28:15] | Excuse me. | 是有预谋的 对不起 |
| [28:28] | You’ll thank me later. | 你会感激我这样做的 |
| [28:29] | All right, I think you’re right about Beth Landow. | 好吧 关于Beth Landow的案子我想你是对的 |
| [28:31] | This is a crime scene. Let’s lock it down. | 这是桩谋杀案 我们开始查吧 |
| [28:34] | And I want to put a man in the school. | – 我要安排个警员到学校里 |
| [28:35] | You already have your man in the school. | – 你已经有了 |
| [28:40] | And this is General Grant. | 这个是Green将军 |
| [28:42] | And these are the southern generals surrendering | 这些南方的将军 |
| [28:44] | at the courthouse in Appomattox, Virginia | 在弗吉尼亚州的阿帕玛特克斯法院投降 |
| [28:46] | on April 9th, 1865. | 时间是1865年的4月9日 |
| [28:49] | Very good, Cathy. Very good. | 很好 Cathy 很好 |
| [28:53] | Okay. Excellent. | 非常出色 |
| [28:56] | So, who’s next? | 那么 下一个是谁? |
| [28:58] | I am. | 我哦 |
| [28:59] | Oh. Good. Kyle. | 好的 Kyle |
| [29:10] | This is Sherman’s March. | 这是谢尔曼的军队 |
| [29:12] | This is them burning down Atlanta. | 在亚特兰大惨败 |
| [29:16] | And what’s that? | – 这是? |
| [29:18] | That’s a cannon. | – 这是加伦炮 |
| [29:19] | I mean, next to the cannon. | – 我是说 |
| [29:21] | A tank. | 加伦炮旁边的 – 是坦克 |
| [29:23] | A tank, Kyle? | 坦克 Kyle 是吗? |
| [29:25] | It’s a Sherman tank. | 谢尔曼的坦克 |
| [29:27] | It’s General Sherman. Sherman’s March, Sherman tank. | 谢尔曼将军 |
| [29:31] | Ha. | 谢尔曼的坦克 |
| [29:32] | Huh, I don’t think the Union army had tanks, Kyle. | 我不认为联军有坦克这样的武器 Kyle |
| [29:37] | My dad helped me with it. | – 什么? |
| [29:39] | I could be wrong. | 这可是我老爸帮我做的 – 他可能做错了 |
| [29:42] | She made the bed. | 她叠了被子 |
| [29:44] | Why would she make the bed if she was planning on leaping? | 如果想自杀 干嘛还叠被子? |
| [29:47] | I don’t know. Maybe she was just putting her house in order. | 不知道 |
| [30:03] | Ooh. | 也许她喜欢整洁 |
| [30:09] | She wore glasses. | 她近视的 |
| [30:11] | So? | 那么? |
| [30:12] | Those sunglasses have a heavy prescription. | 这个太阳镜是有度数的 |
| [30:14] | There were no eyeglasses at the crime scene. | 犯罪现场可没有眼镜啊 |
| [30:17] | Contact lenses? | 带着隐型眼镜? |
| [30:19] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
| [30:22] | Let’s find out, shall we? | 查查看吧 |
| [30:25] | – This has got to be it. – What? | – 就是这棵了 – 什么? |
| [30:28] | This is Trudy’s tree. | Trudy的树 |
| [30:30] | She used to talk about it all the time. | 她常向我提起这棵树 |
| [30:32] | She said she used to get here early | 她说她早上很早就来这里 |
| [30:34] | and sit down under it | 坐在树下开始写诗 |
| [30:36] | and write poems. | |
| [30:39] | Poems about me. | 关于我的诗 |
| [30:42] | I thought you didn’t meet her until later. | 我还以为你们那时还没认识呢 |
| [30:44] | She didn’t know they were about me until we met. | 呃 她直到遇上我 才发现这些诗都是为我写的 |
| [30:47] | That’s what she used to say. | 她以前常这样说 |
| [30:49] | Monk | Monk! |
| [30:51] | Come here. | 过拉 |
| [30:52] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God, he was right. | 哦 天啊 天啊 他说的对 |
| [30:54] | I wasn’t expecting him, and here he is. | 我可没想到他会来 他果然出现了 |
| [30:56] | Get in the car. Here we go. | 上车 快走 |
| [30:57] | – You’re just gonna run away? – Absolutely. Join me, won’t you? | 你就这样逃走吗? 当然了 你不和我一起吗? |
| [30:59] | You can run, but you can’t hide! | 你可以逃 但你是躲不掉的 |
| [31:01] | Oh, yeah, I can hide! Don’t think I can’t hide! | 哦 我是能躲掉的 别以为我没地方藏身 |
| [31:03] | He thinks I can’t hide. | 他以为我躲不掉 |
| [31:05] | He doesn’t know who he’s messing with. | 他还不知还和什么人打交还 |
| [31:06] | Nobody hides like you. | 你藏身的功夫可是天下第一 |
| [31:18] | Adrian, what are you doing? | Adrian 你在干吗? |
| [31:20] | The carrots and the potatoes were touching. | 胡萝卜和马铃薯混在一起了 |
| [31:23] | – Would you like separate plates? – Of course I would. | – 要另一个盘子把菜分开吗? – 当然要了 |
| [31:26] | Benjy, go get Mr. Monk separate plates. | Benjy去给Monk先生拿个盘子过来 |
| [31:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [31:35] | Mom says you’re having a tough time at school. | 妈妈说你在学校遇到麻烦了 |
| [31:37] | Huh? | 是吗? |
| [31:38] | Something about a bully. | 有人欺负你? |
| [31:41] | Just a misunderstanding. | 只是误会而已 |
| [31:43] | Mom says he wants to kick your ass. | – 妈妈说那人要狠狠的修理你 |
| [31:45] | No. I mean, yes. | – 胡扯 其实是的 |
| [31:48] | Remember Jeffrey Appella kept beating me up in the fifth grade? | 还记得Jeffry Appolo吗? 五年级时常揍我的那家伙? |
| [31:52] | You said if I ran away from him, | 你告诉我如果我这次从他那里逃走 |
| [31:54] | I’d be running away my whole life. | 以后的人生中也会一直逃避的 |
| [31:56] | I said that? | 我这样说了? |
| [31:57] | I hit him in the side one time, | 有次我也揍了他 |
| [31:59] | and he never bothered me again. | 从那时起他再也没惹过我了 |
| [32:02] | You can’t be afraid of everything, Mr. Monk. | 你不能一直胆怯下去 |
| [32:04] | Really? Adrian. | Monk先生是吗? |
| [32:07] | Remember Beth Landow’s doctor’s appointment? | 记得Beth Landow去看过医生吗? |
| [32:10] | Well, it was with a Dr. Sedlik. | 是Derek的医生 |
| [32:12] | So I called my friend Maureen whose roommate’s sister | 我和朋友Mollin打了电话 |
| [32:14] | knows a nurse who works for him. | 她的室友的妹妹认识一个 为这名医生工作的护土 |
| [32:17] | And? | – 然后呢? |
| [32:19] | She pulled her file for me. | – 她把病例给了我 |
| [32:21] | Is that ethical? | – 这样不好吧? |
| [32:23] | Do you care? | – 你介意吗? |
| [32:24] | No. I thought I should ask ’cause the kid’s here. | 不 只是在小孩子面前觉得有必要这样说 |
| [32:28] | Your basic tennis ball. | Ammy 这是你的网球 |
| [32:30] | It cost me $1.59 of my own money, Amy. | 1块59分 我自己掏的腰包 |
| [32:34] | We’re about to put this in some liquid nitrogen. | 我们要把这个放进液态氮里 |
| [32:38] | Mr. Monk, was your hand up? | Monk先生 |
| [32:41] | No. I have some questions, | 很忙吗? |
| [32:43] | but not about your tennis ball. | 我想请教些问题 不是关于你网球 |
| [32:56] | And we just demonstrated what? | 刚才我们展示的是? |
| [32:59] | The atomic rearrangement of… | 什么原子的重组? |
| [33:01] | – Amorphous solids. – Oh, very good. | – 非晶质固体的 – 很好 |
| [33:04] | Q.E.D. Thus, it is proved. | 就是这样 |
| [33:07] | All right, put the goggles back on the lab shelf. | 好了 现在把护目镜放在实验室的架子上 |
| [33:09] | And remember next Thursday is midterms, all right? | 记得下周四的中考 好吗? |
| [33:12] | Goodbye, Marsha. | – 再见 Patterson先生 – 再见 Marcia |
| [33:16] | Mr. Monk, you had a question. | Monk先生 有个问题 |
| [33:18] | If you wouldn’t mind. | 如你不介意的话 |
| [33:20] | That’s what teachers do. Satisfy curiosity. | 这是教师的职责所在 一一满足好奇心 |
| [33:25] | Did you know Beth Landow was pregnant when she died? | 你知道Beth Landow去世时已经怀孕了吗? |
| [33:30] | No. | 不 不知道 |
| [33:32] | No, I didn’t, but that would explain why she jumped, wouldn’t it? | 但这说明了为何她要自杀 对吗? |
| [33:36] | The baby’s father, whoever he was, | 孩子的父亲 不知道是谁 |
| [33:38] | must’ve run out on her, huh? | 但肯定伤了她的心 对吗? |
| [33:40] | You. You were the father. | 你 孩子的父亲是你 |
| [33:44] | Unfortunately, you can’t prove that, Mr. Monk. | 不幸的是 Monk先生 你没办法证明 |
| [33:49] | Her body’s already been cremated. | 她的尸体已经火化了 |
| [33:51] | What did she do, threaten to tell your wife? | 她做了什么 威胁说要告诉你妻子? |
| [33:53] | You would’ve lost everything… | 那样你会失去一切 |
| [33:54] | Your new job, your family… | 新的工作 家庭 |
| [33:56] | Again, impossible to prove. | 算了吧 还是那句话 你无法证明 |
| [33:59] | I think you’re failing this course, Mr. Monk. | 我认为这件案子你是没法破了 Monk先生 |
| [34:02] | I think I’m doing all right. I have a motive now. | 我认为进展的不错 现在我知道了动机 |
| [34:04] | Well, you’re going to have to do a little better than that, Mr. Monk, | 你要做的多一些 |
| [34:07] | because you’re in a science classroom now. | Monk先生 这是科学 |
| [34:08] | And when you’re in my classroom, if you have a theory, | 在我的课上 |
| [34:10] | you better have some proof to back it up. | 你有什么见解 必须要有证据来证明才行 |
| [34:12] | I was proctoring the sat test when that poor girl died. | 那个可怜的女孩子死时 我正在监考 |
| [34:15] | I never left the room. | 从未离开教室 |
| [34:20] | Okay? | 明白了吗? |
| [34:22] | If that mouse vanished, | 如果这只老鼠不见了 |
| [34:26] | you could think that the snake did it. | 你会认为是蛇干的 |
| [34:29] | I mean, he’s got motive, he’s hungry. | 我是说 它有动机啊 |
| [34:32] | He likes to eat mice, but he’s in a separate cage. | 饥饿 想吃下老鼠 但它们不在同一个笼子里 |
| [34:35] | There’s no way that the snake could’ve done it. | 蛇要吃老鼠根本没有可能 |
| [34:37] | It is one of the immutable laws of physics, Mr. Monk… | Monk先生 这是物理学上的一条恒定的公理 |
| [34:40] | Nothing can be in two places at the same time. | 任何事物不能同时在两个地方出现 |
| [34:46] | Any thoughts? | 还有问题吗? |
| [34:51] | I think the snake did it. | 我认为是蛇干的 |
| [34:58] | No sign of a struggle… | 没有挣扎的迹象 |
| [35:00] | Her jacket folded neatly… Her shoes were over there. | 外衣叠的很好 鞋子放在那里 |
| [35:03] | The note was in her pocket, | 遗书放在口袋里 |
| [35:05] | and he was across the campus. | 而凶手又在校园的另一边 |
| [35:08] | Maybe he had an accomplice. | 也许他有同犯 |
| [35:10] | No. He’s too smug. | 不会的 |
| [35:12] | He’s arrogant. | 他太臭屁了 傲慢无礼 |
| [35:14] | You should’ve seen him earlier today. | 你没见到今早他的嘴脸 他 |
| [35:16] | He was… He was taunting me. | 他奚落我 |
| [35:20] | How did he… | 他是怎么做到的? |
| [35:22] | do it? | |
| [35:24] | Adrian | Adrian, you’re going to make yourself crazy. |
| [35:28] | Aah. | 你会把自己给逼疯的 |
| [35:31] | What’s wrong? | – 怎么了? |
| [35:32] | I’m afraid. | – 我怕 |
| [35:34] | Okay, well, don’t look down. | – 呃 那么 |
| [35:35] | No, I’m afraid he’s going to get away with it. | 别朝下看 – 不是 我怕凶手要逍遥法外了 |
| [35:39] | You’ll get him. | – 你会抓到他的 |
| [35:40] | You always do. | – 你一向如此 |
| [35:42] | I think this guy is smarter than me. | 我想这个家伙 比我要聪明 |
| [35:47] | Nobody’s smarter than you. | 没人比你更聪明的 |
| [35:49] | Come on. | 来吧 |
| [35:51] | You’ll think a lot better when you’re not so high up. | 在下面你的思路会更清晰 |
| [36:06] | Adrian. | – 怎么了? |
| [36:08] | – What is it? – Eyeglasses. | 眼镜 |
| [36:11] | They’re Beth Landow’s. | Beth Landow的眼镜 |
| [36:13] | Stottlemeyer called. | Stottlemeyer打电话过来说 |
| [36:15] | He said they still haven’t been able to locate them. | 还没有追查到 |
| [36:16] | Adrian | Adrian, if she jumped from the roof, |
| [36:18] | how’d they get here? | 她是从屋顶跳下去的 眼镜怎会在这? |
| [36:21] | See, that’s a good question. | – 是啊 问的很好 |
| [36:23] | Thank you, boss. | – 多谢夸奖 老板 |
| [36:26] | Hey, professor! | 嘿 |
| [36:29] | It’s showtime. | 教授 是我们表演的时间了 |
| [36:31] | Oh, my God, keep walking. | 哦 天啊 快走 |
| [36:33] | If he catches up with us, fall to the ground, | 如果他追上来 记看爬在地上 |
| [36:35] | curl up in a ball, and protect your face. | 把身体绻起来护住脸 |
| [36:37] | No. No, no, no, no, no, I can’t. | 不 不 不 不 我不能一直逃下去 |
| [36:39] | I can’t keep running. Benjy was right. | Benjy是对的 |
| [36:41] | I can’t run away from everything. | 我不能事事退缩 |
| [36:42] | You’re going to be picking up your teeth with your broken fingers. | 等着拣自己的牙齿和手指吧 |
| [36:45] | Did you hear that… about the teeth and the fingers? | – 他刚才是在说什么牙齿和手指吗? – 要我报警吗? |
| [36:47] | – Do you want me to call the police? – No, I’ve got to do this. | 不 不 我必须面对这一切 来吧 |
| [36:50] | Come on, come on. | 不 不 我必须面对这一切来吧 |
| [36:55] | What… | 来吧 来吧 |
| [37:00] | You hear that, Mr. Monk? | Monk先生 听到了吗? |
| [37:02] | It’s 10:00 a.m. | 现在是上午10点 |
| [37:04] | At 10:05, you’re going to be waking up in an emergency room. | 到10:05你会在紧急护理室醒过来的 |
| [37:07] | – No! – Wait. | – 不要 – 等等 等等 等等 |
| [37:09] | What do you mean “wait”? Come on. We’re fighting here! | 什么? 等等? 来吧 我们是在打架啊 |
| [37:11] | Cut it out for a minute, will ya? I’m thinking here. | 等等 先暂停一分钟 行吗?我正在想问题 |
| [37:14] | I’m thinking, too. I’m thinking about punching your lights out. | 我也在想问题 我要把你打的眼冒金星 |
| [37:16] | Will you shut up? | 你闭嘴行吗? |
| [37:18] | Shut up! | – 什么? – 闭嘴 |
| [37:22] | Did you solve the case? | – 你破案了? – 多谢了 多谢了 为什么? |
| [37:24] | Thank | Thank you. |
| [37:27] | you. For what? | |
| [37:28] | I couldn’t have done it without you. | 没有你 |
| [37:31] | I’m going to give your boy an “A.” | 我是想不明白的 我要给你儿子个A |
| [37:33] | Really? | 真的? |
| [37:35] | Well, all right then. | 呃 那好吧 |
| [37:38] | So… | 那么 |
| [37:39] | Who won here? | 我们谁打赢了? |
| [37:49] | Mr. Monk. | – 是Monk先生 |
| [37:51] | Derek, I just wanted to stop in and say goodbye. | – Derek 我顺便过来告别的 |
| [37:54] | They found a full-time replacement for the class. | 他们找到了全职的老师 |
| [37:56] | She’s coming in tomorrow. | 她明天就会来的 |
| [37:58] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, Mr. Monk. | 哦 听到这个消息很遗憾 Monk先生 |
| [38:01] | A good teacher merely explains. A great one inspires. | 解释观点的只算个好老师 伟大的老师用启迪的方式 |
| [38:05] | I think you could have been a great teacher. | 我想你会是个很伟大的教师的 |
| [38:06] | Well, I’ll still be here. I just won’t be teaching. | 呃 我还会留在这儿 只是不再教书了 |
| [38:09] | Oh, yes, your hypothetical murder investigation. | 哦 是啊 你假定的凶案调查进展的怎样了? |
| [38:11] | How is that going? | 实际上 很不错 多谢关心 |
| [38:12] | Pretty well, actually. Thanks for asking. | 实际上 很不错 多谢关心 |
| [38:15] | We just got a big break. Her eyeglasses. | 刚有了重大突破 |
| [38:19] | Eyeglasses. | 她的眼镜 眼镜 |
| [38:20] | Beth Landow always wore glasses. | 眼镜 |
| [38:22] | Seems she was blind without them. | |
| [38:24] | But, um, they weren’t near her body | 不过 |
| [38:27] | or on the roof. | 呃 眼镜不在尸体附近也不在屋顶上 |
| [38:30] | Where are they, do you suppose? | – 到底在哪呢? – 你认为呢? |
| [38:33] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
| [38:35] | We’ll find ’em. | 呃 我们会找到的 |
| [38:38] | Tomorrow morning, there will be about 200 police cadets here | 明早 会有200个警校到这里 |
| [38:41] | searching every square inch of the campus. | 彻底搜查学校的每一寸土地 |
| [38:43] | We’ll find them, and when we do, | 我们会找到的 那时 |
| [38:47] | we’ll… | 就知道Beth |
| [38:49] | we’ll know where Beth Landow was killed. | Landow是在哪被杀的了 |
| [38:53] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
| [38:55] | Yeah, good luck. | 是的 祝你们好运 |
| [39:52] | Working late, Mr. Philby? | Philby先生 你在加班? |
| [39:55] | What’s going on? | – 怎么了? |
| [39:57] | Mr. Philby, you’re under arrest for murder in the first degree, | – Philby先生 |
| [40:00] | special circumstances. | 你因一级谋杀被逮捕 |
| [40:03] | Come on. | 拜托 |
| [40:04] | That’s insane. I told you, I was… | 真荒唐 我早告诉你 |
| [40:07] | Proctoring the SAT’s at the time. We know. | – 当时我在监考S.A.T – 我们知道 |
| [40:10] | It took me forever to figure out how you pulled it off. | 本来我是无论如何也想不到你怎么做到的 |
| [40:13] | But then it hit me… | 突然我意识到在考试之前 |
| [40:15] | You killed Beth Landow before the test started. | 你就杀了Beth Landow |
| [40:18] | You met her on the clock tower roof that morning | 早上8点你和她在钟楼见面 |
| [40:20] | at about 8:00… 20 minutes before the test. | 离考试有20分钟 |
| [40:25] | Then you killed her. | 然后杀了她 |
| [40:26] | And you carried her body down the stairs | 把她的尸体运到楼下的钟室 |
| [40:28] | to the clock room. | 真是个好点子 |
| [40:31] | This was inspired. She fell, all right… | 她是掉了下来 没错 |
| [40:34] | But not from the roof. | 不过不是从屋顶 |
| [40:36] | She fell from the clock. | 而是从钟上 |
| [40:40] | You laid her body out on the minute hand. | 你把她的尸体放在分针上 |
| [40:43] | It was 8:15, so the hand was perfectly horizontal. | 那时是8:15 分针是水平的 |
| [40:47] | The SAT’s were to begin at 8:20. | S.A.T.考试在8:20开始 |
| [40:50] | You had five minutes to get back to the classroom… | 有5分钟回到考场 |
| [40:53] | Plenty of time. | 时间充裕 |
| [40:56] | And you let gravity do the rest. | 剩下的事靠地球重力 就行了 |
| [40:59] | It was just like one of your science experiments. | 就象你的一项科学实验 |
| [41:03] | You took a pretty big risk, Philby. | Philby先生 这样做很冒险啊 |
| [41:05] | Hiding the body in plain sight. | 光天化日之下隐藏她的尸体 |
| [41:08] | But it wasn’t such a bad bet. | 这个赌值得打 |
| [41:10] | That side of the tower faced the athletic field, | 钟楼的那一边朝看体育场 |
| [41:12] | which, on a Saturday morning, was completely deserted. | 周六早上根本就没人 |
| [41:16] | Tick-tock… | 就这样一分一秒的到了8:25 |
| [41:17] | Until 8:25, when the body slid off the clock | 尸体从钟上滑落 |
| [41:21] | and landed on your car. | 掉在你的车上 |
| [41:23] | You made sure that the alarm was activated | 你事先把报警器打开 |
| [41:26] | so that everyone would know exactly when she fell. | 确保她掉下时每个人都能听到 |
| [41:29] | It was a perfect alibi. | 很不错的不在场证明 |
| [41:32] | There was only one problem. | 美中不足的是 |
| [41:34] | The groundskeeper just happened to see you. | 管理员无意中发现了你 |
| [41:38] | But you took care of him later. | 不过后来也被你给干掉了 |
| [41:41] | I told you, Mr. Monk, a theory is just that unless you have some proof. | 我告诉过你 Monk先生 理论必须要有证据的支持才行 |
| [41:45] | It’s true. I don’t have any proof. | 是啊 我是没有证据 |
| [41:48] | But you do. | 但是你有 |
| [41:50] | It’s in your hand. | 就在你的手上 |
| [41:54] | Oh. I found these on the roof. | 哦 你看到了 我在屋顶发现的 |
| [41:58] | I think they’re Beth Landow’s. I think you’re looking for them. | 我猜这是Beth Landow的 你们正在找吧 |
| [42:00] | You didn’t find them on the roof. | 你不是在屋顶发现的 |
| [42:02] | You found them in the clock room | 而是在钟室的变速箱下面 |
| [42:04] | under the gear box because I put them there two hours ago. | 因为是我两小时前放在那里的 |
| [42:08] | Only Beth Landow’s killer would’ve known to look for them there. | 只有凶手知道到哪去找 |
| [42:13] | Q.E.D. Quod erat demonstrandum. | 不是吗? 要证据吗? |
| [42:17] | Thus, it is proved. | 这就是证据 带他走 |
| [42:31] | I guess we have to find another science teacher. | 我猜我们必须要再找名物理老师了 |
| [42:33] | Well, make sure you check their references. | – 呃 |
| [42:35] | I will. | 记得进行背景调查 – 我会的 |
| [42:37] | What was she like? | – 她是怎样的? – 谁? |
| [42:38] | – Who? – Trudy. | Trudy 很聪明 |
| [42:41] | Smart, quiet, didn’t date much. | 安静 不喜欢约会 |
| [42:43] | Said she was waiting for the right man, | 说自己在等真命天子 |
| [42:45] | said she’d know him when she met him. | 还说可以一眼认出他来 |
| [42:47] | She met him. | 她遇到了 |
| [42:48] | Where is Mr. Monk? I’d love to thank him. | Monk先生呢? 我要谢谢他 |
| [42:51] | He’s with her. | 和心上人在一起 |