时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Dwayne, don’t yank my chain. | 仅供研究 严禁商用 Dwayne 你跟他联系过吗? |
[00:03] | Look, I told you, I haven’t seen him. | 告诉过你了 真的没有 |
[00:05] | He’s your cousin. He’s your best friend. | – 表兄弟 好朋友 |
[00:07] | Yeah, and I don’t know where he is. | – 是的 但是我不知道他在 |
[00:08] | Dwayne, do I look like an idiot to you? | – 在你眼中 我看起来是否象个傻子 |
[00:10] | Yeah, you sorta do. | – 是的 就是 |
[00:12] | Oh, that’s a mistake. | 哦 |
[00:14] | You don’t want to make him angry. | 这是误会 你并不想惹他生气 |
[00:15] | I made him angry once, and you don’t want to do that. | 我曾经惹他生气过 |
[00:18] | Dwayne. | 你并不想这样 |
[00:33] | Hey, cop! | 臭警察 |
[00:35] | Kiss my ass! | 亲亲我的屁股 |
[00:40] | Don’t move. | 别走 |
[00:45] | Can I be honest with you, sir? | – 我能跟你说句老实话吗? |
[00:47] | All units, clear the air. | – 各单位 听好了 |
[00:48] | We’re in pursuit of a hit-and-run. He’s eastbound on Union. | 正在追捕一撞车逃逸者 他正在转弯处往东逃 |
[00:51] | This is my first car chase. | 这是我第一次飞车追逃 |
[00:52] | I’ve been waiting for this my whole life. | 我等了一辈子了 |
[01:02] | Chase over. | 飞车结束了 |
[01:04] | What’d you think? | 你在想什么呢? 好吧 |
[02:06] | Uh, okay, how about an automatic card shuffler? | 那么 你觉得自动洗牌机怎么样? |
[02:10] | It says “fun for all ages.” | 上面说适合各个年龄层的人 |
[02:12] | I know he enjoys having fun. | 我知道他很喜欢玩 |
[02:14] | Mentioned that once. | 他以前提到过 |
[02:16] | Adrian, I can see that you’re anxious about this, | Adrian 你好像对这事比较忧虑 但是 |
[02:19] | but the important thing to remember | 最重要的事情是Benjy爱你 |
[02:21] | is that Benjy loves you, | |
[02:23] | so whatever you get for him, Benjy will love. | 无论你给他什么 他都会喜欢的 |
[02:27] | He didn’t love the pajamas I bought him last year. | 他不喜欢我去年送他的睡衣 |
[02:29] | I saw it on his face. | 我看到他脸上流露出失望 |
[02:31] | The disappointment… | |
[02:35] | I hate that look. | 我讨厌看到这样的表情 |
[02:36] | I never want to see that look again. | 我不想再看到这样的表情 |
[02:38] | Adrian, why don’t you just ask Sharona what he would like? | Adrian 你为什么不问问Sharona 他喜欢什么呢? |
[02:43] | She said to pick out the gift myself, | 她说我自己挑的 |
[02:46] | so it would really come from me. | 才真正是我送的 |
[02:51] | Okay, I’m sorry, but, uh, our time is up. | 好了 对不起 但是 嗯 |
[02:55] | Okay, I’ll… I’ll see you on Thursday. | – 时间到了 – 好的 星期四再见 |
[02:58] | No, no. | 不 |
[03:00] | Don’t you remember? I’ll be in Costa Rica. | 你还记得吗? – |
[03:03] | – Costa Rica? – Yeah. | 我要去Costa Rica |
[03:05] | Three weeks. It’s my vacation. | 是的 我要去休假三个星期 |
[03:07] | I’ve never been to Costa Rica. | 我还没去过Costa Rica |
[03:09] | Uh, no, Adrian, you’re not coming. | 喂 不 Adrian 你不要来了 |
[03:12] | It’s a vacation. | 我是去休假 |
[03:13] | But if… if you like, | 如果你愿意的话 |
[03:15] | I can refer you to another doctor. | – 我介绍另一个医生给你 – 啊 |
[03:17] | Or not. Or not. | – 或者不用也可以 |
[03:19] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – I did. | – 你为什么没告诉过我呢? |
[03:21] | I told you every week for the past month, | 我说过的 上个月 我每周都说的 |
[03:23] | but I guess you just, um, blocked it out. | 但是我猜 呃 你没听进去 |
[03:26] | Is that possible? | – 这可能吗? |
[03:28] | Apparently. | – 很明显是这样的 |
[03:29] | I guess I did. I blocked it out. | 我猜是这样的 我自己没听进去 |
[03:33] | No problem. We’ll talk about it on Thursday. | 没问题 星期四我们再谈 |
[03:59] | Carrie, come on, you can’t believe a word my brother says. | Karle 听着 千万别相信我弟弟说的话 |
[04:02] | I was there. | 我当时在场 |
[04:03] | My father was not in his right mind | 我爸爸在写第二份遗嘱得时候 |
[04:05] | when he wrote that second will, | 已经神智不清了 |
[04:07] | if he wrote it at all. | 如果那也叫写的话 |
[04:09] | Well, if you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[04:10] | If the judge wants to rule against us, I guess we’ll just have to appeal. | 如果法官的判决不利于我们的话 |
[04:13] | Hmm. “Bay Bridge Books”? | 我肯定会上诉的 嗯 |
[04:15] | I don’t remember ordering this. | 海湾之桥的书? 我记得没订过啊 |
[04:17] | Yeah, well, you know what? It’s been two years. | 你知道吗? 都已经两年了 |
[04:20] | I’ll probably die before I see a dime. | 估计得到遗产的时候 |
[04:23] | Listen, Carrie, I gotta go. I gotta unpack. | 我可能也死了 我得挂了 |
[04:25] | I’ve been here six weeks, and my stuff is still in boxes. Bye. | 我都搬过来6个星期了 东西还一点都没收拾 |
[04:34] | Sigmund Freud never took a vacation. | Sigmund Freud从来不休假 (Sigmund Freud:佛洛依德- 精神病学创始人) |
[04:36] | Well, Sigmund Freud never met you. | 那是因为Sigmund Freud从没遇见过你 |
[04:38] | I need somebody to talk to. | 我需要找人谈谈 |
[04:40] | He’ll be back soon. Don’t worry about it. | 他马上会回来的 别担心 |
[04:43] | I mean, everybody needs some time off, | 我是说 人人都需要休息 |
[04:45] | except, apparently, me. | 很显然 除了我以外 |
[04:48] | Why don’t you try a different doctor for a few weeks? | – 什么 这几星期你不试试另一个医生? |
[04:50] | No. It takes me eight months to break in a new therapist. | – 不 不 适应这个医生就花了我8个月 |
[04:53] | Most of them don’t make it. | 大多数医生都跟我合不来 |
[04:55] | Two took an early retirement. | 居然还有两个说要提前退休 |
[04:58] | Did you get a present for Benjy yet? | – 你为Benjy |
[05:00] | No. | 准备礼物了吗? – 还没有 |
[05:01] | Well, you don’t have that much time. | 时间不多了 |
[05:03] | His birthday’s tomorrow. | 明天就是他生日了 |
[05:05] | I-I don’t know if I can make it. | – 我不知我能否去 |
[05:06] | You better make it. You promised him. | – 你必须去 |
[05:08] | He really wants you at his party. | 你当然得去 你答应过他的 他很希望你去的 那是生日派对 |
[05:09] | – Why? – ‘Cause he’s very young. | – 为什么? – 因为他还很小 |
[05:12] | His father better send him something. | 他爸爸最好送点东西给他 |
[05:14] | That’s all I can say. Lieutenant. | 我也就只能说这么多了 |
[05:16] | – Sharona. Monk. – Is that a new tie? | – 副队 – |
[05:20] | Yeah. It’s a gift from my girlfriend. | 是新领带吗? – 是的 是女友送的 |
[05:23] | She has very good taste. In ties, not in men. | 她很有品味 选领带很有品味 选男人可不是 |
[05:26] | Ooh, do I detect a hint of jealousy? | 噢 我是察觉到一丝嫉妒吗? |
[05:27] | If you do, it’s the only detecting you’ve ever done. | 如果是真的的话 这是你长久以来唯一的查探到的一件事 |
[05:30] | Adrian Monk. | Adrian Monk 老伙计 老搭档 老朋友 |
[05:31] | Old buddy, old pal, old chum. | Adrian Monk 老伙计 老搭档 老朋友 |
[05:33] | “Old buddy”? What have you done with the real Captain Stottlemeyer? | 老伙计?作为一个真正的队长 你干了点什么? |
[05:38] | – What do we have? – A mail bomb. | – 找到什么? – 一个邮包炸弹 |
[05:40] | An ounce and a half of plastique | 一盎司半的镁电池塑料炸弹 |
[05:42] | with a magnesium charge. | |
[05:43] | There were two triggers. | 两个触发器 |
[05:44] | A chemical detonator wired to the wrapping, and a motion detector. | 一个化学雷管连着包装纸 |
[05:47] | So when you opened it and moved it… boom. | 一个动作监测器 那么你打开它 一动的话 就爆 |
[05:49] | Not hard to make. | – 做起来不难 |
[05:51] | Crude and unpredictable, actually. | – 事实上 比较粗糙 |
[05:52] | Who’s the victim? | – 受害者是谁? – Amanda Babbage 35岁 |
[05:54] | Amanda Babbage. 35 years old. | – 受害者是谁? – Amanda Babbage 35岁 |
[05:56] | She lived here alone. | – 她一个人住这里 |
[05:57] | Nice house. | – 不错的房子 |
[05:58] | It was a lot nicer two hours ago. | – 两小时前更好看 |
[06:00] | The feds are here? | – 联邦政府的人也来了? |
[06:01] | Yes. Up the wazoo. | 是的 |
[06:03] | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. | 管得还真宽 酒精、烟草及火器管理局(ATF) |
[06:05] | They’re in charge, | 这里由他们负责了 他们这么说得时候还一点不脸红 |
[06:06] | and they’re not shy about saying so. | 这里由他们负责了 他们这么说得时候还一点不脸红 |
[06:09] | Monk, if you can make me look good here, | Monk 如果你能让我扬眉吐气的话 |
[06:12] | I would really appreciate it. | 我会感激你的 |
[06:14] | I’d love to show these bastards up. | 我特别想给这些杂种点颜色看看 |
[06:16] | It wouldn’t hurt our careers, either. | 而且这样做也对我们的事业有好处 |
[06:32] | Excuse me! | 抱歉 |
[06:34] | Excuse me! Excuse me! | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[06:37] | Can you please keep it down? | 你们能保持安静吗? |
[06:40] | We’re trying to think. | 我们在思考问题 |
[06:45] | Go in the other room. | 过来 |
[07:00] | Who the hell is that… Marian the librarian? | 那是谁? Marion? 图书管理员? |
[07:02] | It’s Adrian Monk. He’s consulting with us. | Adrian Monk 他是我们的顾问 |
[07:05] | Well, he’s not consulting with us. | 可他不是我们的顾问 |
[07:06] | Agent Grooms, you said you’d keep us local bumpkins in the loop. | Groom探员 你说过 我们这些乡巴佬也可以参与调查的 |
[07:10] | Give my man a couple of minutes, okay? | 给我的人几分钟时间 好吗? |
[07:16] | What is it? | —什么? —一个结 |
[07:18] | The knot. I’ve never seen one tied quite like that. | —什么? —一个结 |
[07:22] | Have you? | 我从来没见过这样的结 你呢? |
[07:23] | No, I can’t say that I have. | 我也没有 |
[07:26] | “Street”? | – 大街? |
[07:29] | Yep, that’s part of the address. | – 是的 是地址的一部分 |
[07:30] | Well, but this is McCallister Avenue, | 但是这里是McCallister大道 |
[07:32] | not street. | 不是大街 |
[07:34] | Part of the return address. | – 回信地址的一部分 |
[07:36] | The return address is here. | – 回信地址在这里 |
[07:40] | The bomb was addressed incorrectly. | 炸弹寄错了地方 |
[08:05] | “Please forward.” | 请转寄到 |
[08:08] | It’s a change of address label. | 这是地址更改标签 |
[08:12] | Did she just move in? | 她刚搬进来? |
[08:14] | That’s right. She bought the house two months ago. | 对 |
[08:16] | Thanks. | 她两个月前刚买下房子 谢谢 |
[08:19] | Glad we could help. | – 很高兴我们能帮上忙 |
[08:20] | We would’ve found it. | – 我们也能找到的 |
[08:22] | Maybe. | – 或许 |
[08:24] | Here’s our boy… Amanda’s kid brother Ricky. | – 那就是嫌疑人 |
[08:27] | The estate’s been in probate since the old man died. | Amanda的弟弟Ricky 老人死后 不动产也成为遗嘱的一部分 |
[08:29] | Amanda and her two brothers have been fighting | Amanda和她的两个兄弟一直在争夺不动产 |
[08:32] | over the estate ever since. | |
[08:34] | Too much money and too many lawyers. | 钱太多了 律师也太多了 |
[08:37] | Do you want me to talk to him? | 想让我和他谈谈吗? |
[08:38] | Nah, thank you, captain. I think we can handle it. | 不 谢谢 队长 我们自己就能应付得了 |
[08:43] | Okay, I’ll just watch and take notes. | 好的 |
[08:45] | I’m so keen to learn. | 我只旁观做点笔记 我真是太好学了 |
[08:49] | That’s my sister’s house, all right? | 那是我姐姐的房子 |
[08:50] | What’s your badge number, huh? That’s my sister in there. | 你的警号是多少 哈? |
[08:52] | I’m family, eh? Do you understand? | 我姐姐就在里面 我是家属 你明白吗? |
[08:55] | All right, I got it, I got it. | 好了 我明白 我明白 Richard Babbage? |
[08:56] | – Richard Babbage? – Are you in charge? | 好了 我明白 我明白 Richard Babbage? |
[08:58] | Thank God, because this storm trooper wouldn’t let me through. | 是你负责吗? 感谢上帝 这个鱼木脑袋 |
[09:03] | I’m Agent Grooms. I’m with the ATF. | – 不让我进去 – 我是Groom探员 |
[09:05] | Ricky, I know this is a bad time for you. | ATF的 我知道现在对你来说是很难过 |
[09:07] | I need to ask you a few questions. | 但我还是得问你几个问题 |
[09:08] | When was the last time you saw your sister? | 你最后一次见到你姐姐是什么时候? |
[09:10] | I don’t know. | 不记得了 两星期前 我们一起烧烤 |
[09:11] | There was a barbecue here about two weeks ago. | 不记得了 两星期前 我们一起烧烤 |
[09:13] | We had a fight. | 我们吵了一架 |
[09:16] | I said some things… | 我当时说了些很过分的话 |
[09:18] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 我没法相信居然发生了这种事 |
[09:20] | Excuse me. Is this your surfboard? | – 打扰一下 |
[09:22] | Yes. | 这是你的滑板吗? – 是的 |
[09:23] | Did you put it up here? | – 把它绑在这里的吗? |
[09:25] | Yes. I didn’t want it to tear up the back seat, | – 是的 我不想把它绑在后座 |
[09:28] | so I tied it up there. | 就绑在这里了 – |
[09:31] | – Who is he? – Nobody. Captain. | 他是谁? – |
[09:34] | I need to ask Ricky a few questions. | 无关紧要的人 队长? |
[09:36] | Why don’t you stay here with Marian and, uh, | 我要问Ricky几个问题 |
[09:39] | guard the car? | 你为什么不和Marion一起 |
[09:42] | Okey-dokey. | 把车看好 |
[09:46] | Who’s Marian? | – 谁是Marion? – 是你 |
[09:47] | You are. Marian the librarian. | – 谁是Marion? – 是你 |
[09:50] | Sounds like a putdown. | – Marion是图书馆管理员 – 那么 他是在奚落我咯 |
[09:51] | Yep. It’s a derogatory remark, Monk. | 是啊 带贬义的评价 |
[09:54] | What do you say? | Monk 你发现了什么? |
[09:55] | Oh, he’s not the guy. | 哦 |
[09:56] | He definitely knew his sister lived here. | 他不是凶手 他很清楚他姐姐住这里 |
[09:58] | He was at a barbecue here two weeks ago. | 他参加过前两周在这里举办的野餐 |
[10:00] | – But the package was mailed to the old address. | |
[10:02] | Right. And he said he tied the surfboard | 但是包裹是寄往旧地址的 – |
[10:05] | to the roof himself. | 是的 他还说滑板是他自己绑上的 |
[10:06] | Look at these knots. | 看看这个结 |
[10:09] | They’re a mess… Crude and tangled. | 一团糟 很粗糙 很乱的 |
[10:12] | But the knot we saw inside on the bomb was a work of art. | 但是炸弹上的结是件艺术品 |
[10:16] | – So the feds… – Are barking up the wrong tree. | 所以 联邦的人 搞错了 |
[10:19] | You said there was another brother. | – 你说过还有一个兄弟? |
[10:20] | Yeah, Brian, but he’s a dead end. | – 是的 Brian |
[10:23] | Or practically dead. | —噢 Brain 根本不可能犯案 —或者 实际上 已经死了 |
[10:24] | What do you mean? | – 那是什么意思? – 他处在昏迷状态 |
[10:26] | The guy’s in a coma. | – 那是什么意思? – 他处在昏迷状态 |
[10:27] | We saw it happen. Four months ago, | 我目睹了那场事故 四个月前 |
[10:29] | he got T-boned by a pickup truck, cracked his skull. | 跟辆小货车撞上了 |
[10:32] | It was really unnecessary. | 头骨破裂 真是没有必要 |
[10:33] | The guy just baited me and Randy and… | 他为了引诱我和Randal |
[10:35] | and stepped on the gas. | 猛踩油门 |
[10:36] | – It was my first car chase. – That didn’t count. | – 我生平第一次飞车追凶 – 那不算 |
[10:38] | The guy didn’t go half a block. You didn’t get the car in gear. | 那小伙子没开出半条街 你还没发动 |
[10:41] | It counted. | – 当然算数 – 那不是飞车追凶 Randal |
[10:42] | It wasn’t a chase, Randy. | – 当然算数 – 那不是飞车追凶 Randal |
[10:44] | We ran to the car. | 我开过去了的 |
[10:46] | Anyway, uh, four months ago. | 不管怎么说 四个月前 |
[10:49] | So he wouldn’t have known that his sister had moved. | 因此他不知道他姐姐搬家了 |
[10:52] | It counted. | – 肯定算飞车追凶的 |
[10:53] | I’d like to meet him. | – 我想见见他 |
[10:58] | They say that people in a coma | 他们说处于昏迷状态的人是能听见的 |
[11:00] | can hear everything. | |
[11:02] | Why were you chasing him? | – 你们为什么要追他? |
[11:04] | Because he was running. | – 因为他逃跑 |
[11:05] | If he ever wakes up, we’ll be sure to ask him. | 如果他醒过来的话 我们肯定会问清楚 |
[11:08] | What are you doing? | – 你在干吗? |
[11:10] | I’m just making sure. | – 呃 |
[11:13] | Oh. My pen. | 我要确认一下 哦 钢笔 |
[11:20] | Wait, I think I feel it. | 等等 我想我摸到了 哦 上帝 漏水了 |
[11:22] | Oh, my God, it’s leaking. | 等等 我想我摸到了 哦 上帝 漏水了 |
[11:24] | What are you doing? Get your hands out of there. | 你在干吗? 把你的手拿开 |
[11:26] | I-I, uh, I dropped… | 呃 我掉了 |
[11:29] | I dropped something. I got it. | 我掉了东西 摸到了 |
[11:33] | I’m Mr. Babbage’s private nurse. Are you people family? | 我是Babbage先生的私人护理 你们是家属吗? |
[11:37] | Even for family, there’s no excuse. | 即使家属 也不该这样 |
[11:40] | San Francisco Homicide, ma’am. We’re here on official business. | 女士 我们是旧金山凶杀组的警察 我们是例行公事 |
[11:43] | Is that about the sister? I heard it on the radio. | 和他姐姐有关? 我从收音机里听到了 |
[11:46] | Nurse… Nurse Stempel. | Bueer护士 |
[11:48] | Is there any way Mr. Babbage could have left this room? | Babbage有没有办法离开这个房间? |
[11:52] | Not unless he was carried out. This is a stage 9 coma. | 除非他被带走 他是九度昏迷 |
[11:55] | His cognitive response is near zero. | 他基本已经没有知觉了 |
[11:58] | – Has he had a lot of visitors? – Just one. | – 有人来看过他吗? – 只有一个 |
[12:00] | His brother Ricky came by to serve him | 他的兄弟Ricky带传票给他 |
[12:02] | with a subpoena. Can you believe it? | 能相信吗? |
[12:04] | They’re like the Addams family. | – 跟电影亚当斯家族里的一样 – |
[12:06] | And are those the patient’s shoes? | 还有 呃 那是病人的鞋吗? |
[12:10] | You didn’t untie them? | – 你 |
[12:12] | They were yanked off in the E.R. | 你没把鞋带解开 – 在急救室鞋子就给拉坏掉了 |
[12:14] | Is there anything else? I need to change the sheets. | 还有其他的事吗? 我要换床单了 |
[12:16] | No, ma’am, we’ll be leaving. | 没有了 女士 我们马上离开 |
[12:18] | Well, you’ll all be leaving. | – 你们全都走吗? – 是的 |
[12:20] | Yes. Yes, thank you, ma’am. | – 你们全都走吗? – 是的 |
[12:22] | Thank you. | – 谢谢你 女士 – 谢谢 |
[12:23] | Private nurse, private room. | 私人护理 私人病房 |
[12:26] | This guy knows how to take a nap. | 这家伙知道怎么享受 |
[12:30] | He’s the guy. | – 他就是凶手 |
[12:32] | Who’s the guy? | – 谁? |
[12:37] | Him? | 他? |
[12:38] | Monk, he’s a vegetable. He’s not even a vegetable. | Monk 他是植物人 |
[12:41] | He hopes one day to be a vegetable. | 不仅仅是个植物人 他可能永远是个植物人 |
[12:43] | Captain, listen. | 队长 他姐姐两个月前搬的 |
[12:44] | His sister moved two months ago. | 队长 他姐姐两个月前搬的 |
[12:46] | He is the only man in the world | 是世上唯一一个不知道这事 |
[12:48] | with a motive who wouldn’t have known that. | 又有杀人动机的人 |
[12:52] | Also, look… | 再看这个 |
[12:56] | Look at the knot. It’s elegant. | 看看这个 打得很好 |
[12:58] | In my life, I’ve only seen one other knot like that. | 我这辈子就只看到另一个结是打成这样的 |
[13:01] | Like the bomb. | – 是的 |
[13:03] | He’s the guy. | 是炸弹 – 就是他 |
[13:05] | Yeah, but, Monk, he’s been asleep since may. | 是的 但是Monk 自从五月以来他就睡着了 |
[13:09] | I know. | 我知道 炸弹是三天前寄的 |
[13:10] | The bomb was mailed three days ago. There’s a postmark. | 我知道 炸弹是三天前寄的 – |
[13:12] | I don’t know how he did it. | 有邮戳 – 我不知他是怎么做到的 |
[13:15] | But he did it. | 但是他做到了 |
[13:22] | I’ve heard about sibling rivalry, Ricky, | 我听说过兄弟姐妹互相敌对的事 Ricky |
[13:25] | but this is ridiculous. | 但这也太离谱了 |
[13:26] | I mean, you spend more time in court than me. | 我是说 你上法庭的时间比我还多 |
[13:29] | My father changed his will every three weeks. | 我爸爸每三周改一次遗嘱 |
[13:33] | We’re just trying to figure out who gets what. | 我们尽力想知道谁得到了什么 |
[13:35] | It’s family. It’s complicated. | 这是家务事 很复杂的 |
[13:41] | That’s a nice cigar. | – 不错的雪茄 – |
[13:43] | They’re Cohiba Robustos. You want one? | 古巴的极品 你来根吗? 我有个朋友在Key West |
[13:47] | I got a friend down in Key West. He sends me a box every month. | (Key West:美国国土的最南端与古巴接壤) – |
[13:50] | No thank you. | 他每个月都会寄盒给我 – 不 谢谢 |
[13:52] | You’ve never worked a day in your life, have you, Ricky? | 你这辈子一天都没工作过是吗 Ricky? |
[13:54] | I tried working once. | 曾经努力工作过 |
[13:56] | I hated it. Ha ha ha ha! | 但是我非常厌恶工作 |
[14:01] | Look, I can’t help if I’m lucky. | 看 我如果运气好的话就挡不住 |
[14:03] | I think your luck’s run out, Rick. | 我认为你的好运结束了 |
[14:06] | You’re going down. | Ricky 你开始倒霉了 |
[14:08] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做过 你只不过不满足于 |
[14:09] | You just couldn’t settle for your third of the pie, could you? | 只得到三分之一的遗产 对吧? |
[14:11] | You had to have it all. | – 你想独吞遗产 |
[14:13] | Hey, I was ready to settle. You ask my lawyer. | – 嘿 我已经准备好解决这个问题了 |
[14:15] | My brother Brian was the one who wasn’t happy. | 问问我的律师 我哥哥Brian 才是那个得不到遗产不开心的人 |
[14:17] | Oh, that’s classy… blaming your brother who’s in a coma. | 哦 真漂亮 全推到你昏迷的哥哥身上去 |
[14:21] | Hey, Ricky. | 嘿 Ricky |
[14:24] | I got a sister. We fight all the time. | 我也有个姐姐 我们总是吵架 |
[14:28] | There’s times when I feel like I’d like to kill her. | 有时我真想杀了她 |
[14:30] | You ever felt like that? | 你有过这样的感觉吗? |
[14:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:36] | I’ve never met your sister. Ha ha ha ha! | 我可从来没见过你姐姐 |
[14:43] | Captain, why don’t you go grab some coffee? | 队长 怎么去弄杯咖啡来? |
[14:48] | I want to talk to Ricky alone. | 我想和Ricky单独谈谈 |
[14:56] | I just got kicked out of my own interrogation room. | 我刚从自己的审讯室里被踢出来 |
[14:58] | You want some coffee, sir? | – 你要来点咖啡吗 长官? |
[15:00] | No, Randy, what I want is for that ATFcreep to eat crow. | 不 Randy 我要让那个ATF的家伙自食恶果 |
[15:05] | Well, we know who did it, and we know why. | 我们知道谁干的 |
[15:07] | We just don’t know how. | 而且知道犯罪动机 只是不知道犯罪手法 |
[15:09] | Monk, again, he’s in a coma. | Monk 再说一遍 他处于昏迷状态 |
[15:12] | He is the guy. | – 他就是凶手 – 20秒钟后 |
[15:13] | In 20 seconds, Agent Grooms is going to come walking through that door, | Grooms探员的必定走出那扇门 |
[15:16] | and he’s going to ask me what I think. | 问我是怎么想的 |
[15:18] | Give me something else, for the love of God. | 看在上帝的份上 告诉我点别的吧 |
[15:20] | Wait, I have an idea. Maybe he had an accomplice. | 等等 我有主意了 可能有帮凶 |
[15:24] | Yes, somebody else mailed the damn thing. Why not? | 是的 其他人寄了那该死的东西 为什么不是呢? |
[15:26] | I already had that idea. Tell him. | 我早就想到了 告诉他 |
[15:29] | There was no accomplice. | 没有帮凶 |
[15:30] | Why would Brian Babbage hire one? | Brian Babbage为什么可以雇个人? |
[15:32] | He didn’t know he was going to be in a coma. | – 他没想到自己会昏迷 |
[15:34] | It’s not exactly something you can plan. | – 这确实没法去计划 |
[15:36] | Anyway, why would an accomplice bother to go through with it? | 好吧 不管怎么说 那个帮凶为什么还要把事情做完? |
[15:39] | There was no reason to. | 没道理呀 |
[15:40] | The guy who hired him was in a coma. | 雇他的人都没知觉了 |
[15:42] | All right, so Brian built the bomb, | 好吧 那么Brian做好了炸弹 |
[15:45] | and then Brian mailed the bomb by himself. | – 然后 |
[15:48] | That’s right. | Brian在昏迷状态下 – 是的 |
[15:50] | While he was in a coma. | 做好炸弹 然后自己去寄了 |
[15:52] | You got to admit, it’s a pretty good alibi. | 你终于明白了 是个不错的不在场证明 |
[15:55] | It’s rock-solid. | – 这是铁一般的事实 |
[15:56] | Monk, I have known 15,000 criminals in my lifetime. | 我和15000个罪犯打过交道 |
[15:59] | Here’s what they all have in common… | 他们的共同特点是 |
[16:01] | they’re conscious! | 他们都有知觉 |
[16:02] | Nonetheless. | – 但是 |
[16:04] | Is your shrink coming back soon? | – 你的心理医生快回来了吧? |
[16:07] | Captain. | 队长 |
[16:11] | Sorry about in there. I, uh, work better one-on-one. | 抱歉 我 呃 我比较喜欢一个人做事 没事 |
[16:16] | So, how’s it look? | – 情况怎样? |
[16:18] | He’s bending but not breaking. | – 他已经动摇了 不过还没招认 |
[16:20] | I’ll get him. | 我会抓住他的 |
[16:21] | About to write up my case report. | 差不多可以写结案报告了 |
[16:23] | I’m going to list him as my primary. | 我会把他列为头号嫌犯 |
[16:25] | I’ll need you to sign off on that. | 我需要你也在上面签字 |
[16:27] | Right? It’ll be easier to get an indictment | 好吧? |
[16:30] | if we’re all on the same page. | 如果我们能站在同一战线上 更容易能成功起诉他 |
[16:36] | I’m thinking… | 我想想 |
[16:42] | Maybe it’s the other brother. | 或许是另一个兄弟干的 |
[16:45] | Well, there’s only one other brother, | 那么 另外只剩下一个兄弟了 |
[16:47] | and he’s in a coma. | 而 他处于昏迷状态 |
[16:50] | That’s the one. | 就是那个 |
[16:52] | I think, uh, I think we should look into him. | 我想 我们得好好调查一下他 |
[16:57] | He’s a vegetable, captain. | 队长 他是植物人 |
[17:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:02] | Don’t you think that eliminates him as a suspect? | 那么 你不觉得应该排除他的嫌疑吗? |
[17:06] | I mean, I’m just curious… | 我的意思是 我只是 好奇 |
[17:09] | How do you think he did it? | 你认为他是怎么做到的? |
[17:14] | We’re still working on that. | – 我们也在调查 |
[17:16] | Yeah… | – 好的 |
[17:19] | Well, good luck with that, captain. | 队长 祝好运 |
[17:21] | Keep me informed. | 呃 保持联系 |
[17:25] | Benjy Benjy Benjy! Benjy! | |
[17:27] | Benjy, where’s Adrian? | Benjy Adrian在哪里? |
[17:28] | I don’t know. | 妈妈 呃 我不知道 |
[17:30] | Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Watch it. | 哦 哦 看这个 |
[17:33] | Hey… Hey, you guys, not in the kitchen. | 小家伙 |
[17:35] | You want to take that out there? | 不要在厨房里闹 到房子外面去 |
[17:38] | Are they gone? | 他们走了? |
[17:41] | No. What are you doing? | – 不 |
[17:43] | Playing a game. | 你在干什么? – 玩游戏 |
[17:45] | What game? | – 什么游戏? – 叫做他们走了吗? |
[17:46] | It’s called… it’s called “are they gone?” | – 什么游戏? – 叫做他们走了吗? |
[17:48] | Are they gone? | – 他们走了吗? |
[17:50] | No. | – 没有 |
[17:52] | Then the game is not over. | 那么游戏还没结束 |
[17:54] | It’s a Jigsaw puzzle. | – 是七巧板 |
[17:56] | Well, is he right? | – 他说的对吗? |
[17:58] | – How many pieces? | |
[18:00] | 700. | 有多少? |
[18:02] | Didn’t I tell you? | 我说的不错吧? |
[18:03] | – Whoa! How did he do that? – Yeah! | |
[18:05] | Now, Benjy, Mr. Monk isn’t a toy. | – 但是 Benjy |
[18:08] | Sure he is. | Monk先生不是玩具 – 他是 |
[18:09] | Okay, next. I know what this one is, | 好了 下一个 我知道这是什么 |
[18:12] | because it’s from me. | 因为是我送的 |
[18:14] | It’s a rock-polishing kit. | 是石头抛光工具 |
[18:23] | To clean rocks! | 清洗石头的 |
[18:25] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[18:28] | What do you say? | – 你该怎么说? |
[18:30] | Thank you. | – 谢谢 |
[18:33] | I had one when I was 12. | 我12岁时 就得到过一套 |
[18:35] | It was so much, you know, fun. | 会给人带来很多 你知道 乐趣 |
[18:39] | Hey! Let’s use it now. | 嘿 现在就用一下吧 |
[18:42] | I saw some great rocks out back. | 我看见后面有很多大石头 走去吧 |
[18:44] | Let’s go get ’em. | 或许迟点吧 Monk先生 |
[18:46] | Maybe later, Mr. Monk. | 或许迟点吧 Monk先生 |
[18:53] | There’s that look. | – 怎么了? |
[18:54] | Oh. It’s okay. | – 没事 |
[19:06] | – Trevor Trevor, what are you doing here? | |
[19:08] | My calendar says August 14th. | 你在这里干吗? – 我的日历上说今天是8月14号 |
[19:10] | Mom, who is it? | – 妈妈 |
[19:12] | Your father. | 是谁? – 你爸爸 |
[19:15] | His name is Trevor. | 他就是Trevor |
[19:16] | Trevor Howe | Trevor Howe. |
[19:18] | He just shows up after six years | 他就在6年后这么从天而降 |
[19:21] | out of the blue | |
[19:22] | at the kid’s birthday party. | 来到孩子的生日派对上 |
[19:24] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗? |
[19:26] | Benjy loves him, of course. | Benjy当然爱他 |
[19:29] | I really appreciate you letting me talk like this. | 我也很感激你让我这样说个不停 |
[19:32] | My regular doctor’s out of town. | 平常帮我治病的医生外出了 |
[19:36] | I’m glad you could squeeze me in. | 很高兴 你能受得了我 |
[19:40] | Anyway, about this Trevor guy… | 无论如何 那个叫Trevor的人 |
[19:42] | Sharona’s so happy to see him. | Sharona很高兴见到他 |
[19:44] | I can’t figure it out. He treated her so badly. | 我真的想不通 |
[19:47] | He was never faithful. He drank, he gambled. | 他对她多坏 他从来没忠诚过 |
[19:50] | I guess I never appreciated how lonely Sharona’s been. | 酗酒 赌博 |
[19:56] | She wants to forgive him. | 我想我一直为Sharona的孤独而难过 她想原谅他 |
[19:58] | She wants to believe in him. | 她想相信他 |
[20:02] | Am I jealous? | 是我嫉妒吗? |
[20:04] | Is that it, do you think? | 你认为是吗? |
[20:06] | Or maybe… maybe I’m afraid | 或许我担心 |
[20:10] | he’s going to take her away. | 他会带走她 |
[20:14] | What do you think? | 你怎么想的呢? |
[20:20] | Or… | 或许 我只是在Benjy |
[20:23] | Maybe I’m just feeling bad about Benjy’s birthday. | 的生日上 感觉有点不快 |
[20:28] | Ah, he hated my gift. I could tell. | 我看得出他不喜欢我送的礼物 |
[20:33] | A rock polisher. | 石头抛光工具 |
[20:34] | What was I thinking? | 我是怎么想的呢? |
[20:37] | Why couldn’t I just buy him a regular toy? | 我为什么不买个一般的玩具给他呢? |
[20:41] | I’m so tired of being different. | 我厌倦了 要别出心裁 |
[20:46] | I’m exhausted. | 精疲力竭了 |
[20:49] | I’m exhausted. I… | 精疲力竭 |
[20:53] | I don’t have to tell you about being exhausted. | 关于精疲力竭我没法和你说 |
[20:58] | You don’t know how lucky you are. | 你不知道你有多幸福 |
[21:02] | Sleeping. | 睡着 |
[21:05] | Sleeping through it all. | 整天睡着 |
[21:10] | Not a care in the world. | 什么都不用担心 |
[21:20] | Take my advice. | 接受我的建议 |
[21:23] | Savor these moments. | 好好享受 |
[21:27] | Wow, this is a nice house. | 这房子不错 |
[21:29] | Brian did pretty well. | Brian还真是很不错啊 |
[21:31] | So how are things with Trevor? | 那么 Trevor怎样? |
[21:33] | Great. He’s really turned his life around. | 很好 他真的改变了他自己整个的生活 |
[21:36] | You think so? | – 你这么认为? |
[21:37] | What, you don’t trust him? | – 怎么了 你不信他? |
[21:40] | You don’t trust anybody. | – 呃 |
[21:42] | That’s true. | 你不相信任何人 – 那是真的 |
[21:43] | Although I’m hardly ever wrong. | 不过 我很少犯错 |
[21:45] | I’m telling you, he’s a different man. | 告诉你 他不一样 |
[21:47] | He’s not drinking. He’s got a job. | 他不酗酒 他有工作 |
[21:50] | I mean, people change. | 我的意思是人会变的 |
[21:51] | Not you, but other people. | 你不会变 但其他人会 |
[21:54] | Good. I’m glad. | 好的 我很高兴 |
[21:56] | – Can’t you be happy for me? | |
[21:58] | I am. I’m glad. | 难道你不为我高兴吗? – |
[22:00] | This is me being glad. | 我当然高兴 很高兴 |
[22:03] | I was just telling Brian how happy Benjy seems. | 我告诉过Brian Benjy 看上去有多高兴 |
[22:07] | Brian who? | 哪个Brian? |
[22:09] | Brian… Babbage. | |
[22:12] | The coma guy? | – 那个植物人? – 是的 |
[22:14] | He woke up? | – 他醒了? |
[22:16] | Nah. No. | – 没 没有 |
[22:18] | But you were talking to him. | – 但是你去跟他说话了 |
[22:20] | He’s a good listener. | – 他是个好听众 |
[22:23] | Oh, hi, I’m Sharona Fleming, and this is Adrian Monk. | 噢 嗨 我是Sharona Fleming 他是Adrian Monk |
[22:26] | We’re helping the police investigate… | – 我们协助警察调查 |
[22:28] | He didn’t wake up, did he? | – 他不是还没醒过来吗? |
[22:30] | – No. – Thank God. | – 是的 – 哦 感谢上帝 |
[22:33] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[22:36] | Do you mind if we look around? | – 四处看看 你不介意吧? |
[22:39] | Go right ahead. I’m just the maid. | – 随便 我只是个女仆 |
[22:48] | What is all this weird stuff? | 这些怪怪的东西是什么? |
[23:03] | He was looking for a lawyer. | 他在找律师 |
[23:07] | That’s no surprise. | 不奇怪 |
[23:09] | He was suing his whole family. | 他把他全家都告上法庭了 |
[23:12] | No, no, no. These are criminal lawyers. | 不 不 不 这些全是刑事案件律师 |
[23:14] | Look at the name he circled… | 看看他圈的名字 |
[23:16] | Scoot Butterwerth Scott Butterworth. | |
[23:18] | I know that name. | – 听说过 |
[23:20] | Suspended twice. He was a hack. | – 被吊销执照两次了 职业道德有问题 |
[23:22] | Brian Babbage could afford any attorney in town. | Brian Babbage请得起城里的任何律师 |
[23:26] | Why would… why would anyone | 为什么 |
[23:28] | want to hire a bad lawyer? | 为什么有人 会愿意请个这么烂的律师? |
[23:31] | Is that blood? | 那是血? |
[23:37] | No. I think it’s just ketchup. | 不 是番茄酱 |
[23:42] | Ugh. | 哦 哦 |
[23:52] | There’s something you don’t see every day. | 这些玩意可不是能天天见的 |
[23:55] | Excuse me, we noticed the ketchup bottles… | 抱歉 我们发现了那些番茄酱瓶子 |
[23:59] | In the closet? | – 在储藏室? |
[24:01] | Why would he do that? | – 他为什么那样做呢? |
[24:03] | We were afraid to ask. Mr. Babbage hates questions. | 我们不敢问 Babbage先生讨厌别人问他问题 |
[24:07] | – What are you doing? – I always open the mail. | – 你在干吗? |
[24:09] | To pay the bills. | – 我总是要打开邮件 付帐单 |
[24:11] | – Oh, my God! – Don’t open that! | 哦 天哪 别打开 |
[24:24] | Okay, they pieced together enough of the package to get a postmark. | 他们捡了足够多的包裹碎片 拼出了邮戳 |
[24:27] | It was mailed from Pacific Heights two days ago. | 两天前 从太平洋高地寄出的 |
[24:29] | Different post office, same type of explosive. | 不同的邮局 相同的爆炸物 |
[24:31] | Well, don’t use that bathroom! It’s a mess! | 不要用那个厕所 那里一团糟 |
[24:35] | You don’t have to shout! | – 你不要这样叫喊 |
[24:36] | Why are you whispering?! | – 你为什么要这么小声? |
[24:39] | Residual auditory trauma from the blast. | 冲击波造成的听觉损伤 |
[24:41] | It’ll clear up in a few hours. | 几小时后 就会恢复 |
[24:43] | Monk | Monk, Monk, can you hear me? |
[24:45] | Monk Do you have any idea who might’ve done this? | |
[24:47] | Brian Babbage! | 能听到吗? 你有没想到是谁干的? |
[24:49] | No, the bomb was mailed to Brian Babbage. | 炸弹是寄给Brian |
[24:51] | Somebody just tried to kill him. | Babbage的 是有人想杀他 |
[24:53] | He sent the bomb to himself, | 他寄炸弹给自己 |
[24:55] | so nobody would suspect him! | 这样就没人会怀疑他 |
[24:57] | Did you see the ketchup bottles?! | – 你看到那些番茄酱瓶子吗? |
[24:59] | Yeah, I did. | – 看到了 |
[25:02] | Pretty weird, huh?! | 很奇怪对吧? |
[25:04] | Captain, ATF… 3:00. | 队长 ATF的 正好3点钟 |
[25:07] | Monk, give me something else. | Monk 告诉我点事情 任何事都可以 |
[25:10] | Anything… Any theory besides the coma guy. | 除了那个植物人以外的任何事 |
[25:12] | If you were to tell me that Howdy Doody was behind this, | 如果你告诉我是Howdy Doody干的 (Howdy Doody:一个木偶人) |
[25:15] | – it would make more sense. | |
[25:16] | Howdy Doody?! | 那会更有意思的 |
[25:18] | Why would Howdy Doody be sending people mail bombs?! | 为什么Howdy |
[25:22] | Wasn’t he a puppet?! | doody要寄邮件炸弹? 难道他不是个木偶吗? |
[25:24] | He was just using that as an example! | 他只是举个例子 |
[25:28] | Or maybe he was just using that as an example! | 或许他只是举个例子 |
[25:31] | Captain. | 队长 |
[25:34] | The D.A. won’t hold Ricky Babbage. | 地方检察官不同意抓Ricky |
[25:36] | I was hoping this might change your mind. | Babbage 我希望这或许能让你改变想法 |
[25:41] | Oh, you can’t be serious. | 噢 你不会是认真的吧 |
[25:43] | You still think Rip Van Winkle’s behind this? | 你还认为Rip Van Winkle在背后指使 (Rip Van Winkle:小说- 沉睡的山谷) |
[25:45] | We believe Brian Babbage is involved, yes. | 我们相信肯定是Brian Babbage干的 |
[25:48] | We just don’t know how. | 但是 我们不知道他是怎么做的 |
[25:49] | And by “we,” you mean you and your consultant. | 我们 这个词 你的意思是你和你的顾问都是这么认为的 |
[25:53] | Yeah, I’m pretty sure Howdy Doody was a puppet! | 是的 我很确信Howdy Doody是个木偶 |
[25:57] | How was your career, captain? | 队长 你的事业怎样? |
[26:00] | Did you enjoy it? | 喜欢吗? |
[26:06] | So do you remember me at all? | 那么 你完全不记得我了? |
[26:08] | I remember going camping. | 我记得去郊游 |
[26:10] | That’s right. | |
[26:12] | Yeah. You were, uh, you were 4 years old. | 对 你4岁时 |
[26:15] | We went to, uh, Wisconsin Dells. | 我们去威斯康星 |
[26:17] | And you fell off the rock. Do you remember that? | 你摔倒在了石头上 还记得吗? |
[26:19] | You almost scared us half to death. Huh? | 几乎把我们吓了个半死 |
[26:21] | I bet you still got the scar. Do you? | 我打赌你的伤疤还在 是吗?在哪里?在这里 |
[26:23] | Where is it? There it is. Wow. | 告诉你 |
[26:26] | Well, I’ll tell you, wear it with pride, kid. | 小伙子 为这个伤疤自豪吧 |
[26:28] | It was a hell of a fall. I carried you two miles. | 那是要命的一摔 背你到了两公里外 |
[26:31] | Mom said she carried me. | 妈妈说是她背我的 |
[26:34] | Yeah, well, we took turns. | 是的 我们轮流背的 |
[26:37] | Hey, did you get the camera I sent you? | 你收到我给你的照相机了吗? |
[26:38] | Yeah. | |
[26:40] | Um, Mom says you never send any checks. | 是的 妈妈说你从来不寄支票的 |
[26:45] | Yeah, well… well, Benjy, | 是的 Benjy |
[26:47] | the important thing is I’m here now, right? | 最重要的事情是我现在在这里 是吗? |
[26:50] | Hey, did your mom tell you I got a job managing a restaurant? | 你 我找到了工作吗? |
[26:53] | – You like hamburgers? – Yeah. | 管理一个餐厅 你喜欢吃汉堡吗? |
[26:54] | Oh, good. I can get you all the free hamburgers you want. | – 是的 – 哦 太好了 我会免费给你汉堡的 |
[26:57] | Oh, which reminds me of something. | 哦 这让我想起点事来 |
[27:00] | Someone has got some back allowance coming. | 有的人有点意外收入 |
[27:06] | $100? | 一百美元? |
[27:10] | Thanks. | – 谢谢 |
[27:11] | Hey, Benj, listen, | – Benjy 听着 |
[27:13] | I screwed up. | 以前都是我搞砸了 |
[27:15] | But it’s not going to happen again. | 不过以后不会了 |
[27:18] | – Okay? – Okay, Dad. | – 好吗? – 好的 爸爸 |
[27:21] | All right. Oh, I forgot. Which… Which one am I? | 好吧 我忘了哪个是我的了 |
[27:23] | – Red. – I’m the red one. | – 红色的 – 是的 红色是我的 |
[27:27] | Oh! Oh! Oh! | 哦 哦 哦 |
[27:29] | You got me. | – 你打中我了 |
[27:31] | It’s okay. You get three lives. | – 是的 你还有三条命 |
[27:33] | Oh, is that right? | – 是这样吗? – 是的 |
[27:35] | Well, keep playing, all right? | 继续玩 好吗? |
[27:36] | I’m going to talk to your mom. | 我和你妈妈说说话 |
[27:40] | Ya hear that? | 你听到吗?我有三条命 |
[27:41] | I get three lives. | |
[27:43] | You’re gonna need ’em. You already used up two. | 你还要再多条命 你已经用了两条了 |
[27:48] | You want a beer? | – 要啤酒吗? – |
[27:50] | Uh… Are you tempting me? | 呃 怎么 你试探我? |
[27:58] | – A.A. | |
[27:59] | My 60-day chip. | 戒酒匿名会60天的筹码 |
[28:01] | Two months. | – 两个月而已? |
[28:04] | It’s a start. | 只是开始 |
[28:07] | Sharona, if I had three lives, | 如果我有三条命 |
[28:10] | I’d spend one of them apologizing to you. | 我会用其中一条向你道歉 |
[28:13] | And Benjy. | – 还有Benjy |
[28:14] | And Benjy. And Benjy. | – 还有Benjy 还有Benjy |
[28:17] | Listen, you know, Monday, I start the new restaurant gig. | 星期一 我要开始去新餐厅工作 |
[28:19] | And I was thinking | 而且我想 |
[28:21] | how nice it would be if I came home every day | 我每天都回家那多好呀 |
[28:24] | and found you and Benjy there. | – 看到你和Benjy |
[28:26] | In New Jersey? | 都在家 – 在新泽西? |
[28:28] | Well, it’s the garden state. | 是呀 那是花园之州 |
[28:31] | Look, look, look, don’t say no, don’t say no. | 别 别说不 别说不 |
[28:34] | Just… Just think about it. | 只要再考虑考虑 |
[28:36] | Well, I mean, I… What about my job? | 好的 那么 我的工作怎么办? |
[28:39] | I-I just can’t leave Adrian. | 我只是没法离开Adrian |
[28:41] | He’s an adult. | 他是成年人 |
[28:44] | Only somebody who didn’t know him | 只有不够了解他的人才会这样称呼他 |
[28:46] | would call him that. | |
[28:49] | Trust me. I’m telling you. | 相信我 |
[28:52] | She says she’s thinking about it, | 说她会考虑考虑 |
[28:55] | but I can tell she’s going to go. | 但是我知道她会走的 |
[28:57] | Why should she be different? Everybody leaves me. | 为什么她要不一样? 每个人都离开了我 |
[29:00] | Trudy. Dr. Kroger. | Trudy Kroger医生 |
[29:04] | And now Sharona. It’s like the national pastime. | 现在是Sharona 就象全国性放假 |
[29:08] | Comments? | 给点建议? |
[29:11] | Any questions? | 有问题吗? |
[29:38] | Is this your watch? | 是你的表吗? |
[29:42] | You’re two minutes fast. | 快了两分钟 |
[29:46] | Just relax. I’ll fix it. | 别急 我给调一下 |
[29:53] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[29:57] | Is that glue? | 胶水? |
[30:00] | What were you gluing? | 你要粘什么? 啊 啊 |
[30:09] | Uh, excuse me. | 啊 对不起 |
[30:12] | Hello? | 喂? |
[30:14] | Uh, sorry. | 对不起? 好了 |
[30:54] | Okay. Okay, Brian. | 好了 Brian |
[30:57] | Come on, Brian. Come on. | 撑住 Brian 撑住 |
[30:59] | Come on, come back, come back… | 撑住 撑住 上帝 |
[31:01] | Ah… | 啊 撑住 |
[31:03] | Come on, you can… Brian, come on. | 你可以 Brian |
[31:06] | Come on, you and me. | 撑住 你和我 |
[31:07] | You and me. You and me, all the way. | 你和我 你和我 用尽一切办法 |
[31:10] | Come on, almost. Almost! Almost! | 撑住 差不多了 差不多了 |
[31:13] | That’s got it! That’s got it. | 得救了 得救了 |
[31:16] | Yeah! Ah… | 好了 |
[31:28] | He’s… He’s good. | 啊 |
[31:30] | I mean, he’s great. | 我的意思是 他很好 我的意思是 |
[31:32] | I mean, he’s… he’s fine now. | 他 非常好 现在非常好 |
[31:40] | Adrian, I’m going to visit you all the time. | Adrian 我会常来看你的 |
[31:43] | When are you going? | – 什么时候走? |
[31:45] | – Friday. – Friday? This Friday? | – 星期五 |
[31:48] | Just like that, you’re just leaving me in the lurch. | 星期五?这个星期五?就这样 – |
[31:51] | – You’re not in the lurch. – I’m in the lurch. | 你就这么把我弃于危难之中 – |
[31:53] | This is the lurch. | 你没有处于危难当中 我正处于危难当中 这就是危难 |
[31:55] | I can feel it. | – 我都感觉到了 |
[31:56] | My sister’s going to look in on you. | – 我妹妹会来接我的班 |
[32:00] | Hey, this is the best way. | 这是最好的办法 |
[32:01] | If I would have given you three weeks’ notice, | 如果我提前三周告诉你的话 |
[32:03] | you and I both know that you would have gone crazy. | 我们都知道你会发疯的 |
[32:05] | You know it. | 你知道的 |
[32:11] | Oh, God, Adrian… | 哦 天哪 Adrian |
[32:17] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:22] | Look, this isn’t about me. This is about Benjy. | 不是因为我 是因为Benjy |
[32:24] | He needs his father. | 他需要爸爸 |
[32:26] | If it doesn’t work out, I’ll come back. | – 不顺利的话 |
[32:28] | What if it does work out? What if you’re happy? | 我会回来的 – 那要是顺利的话怎么办? |
[32:30] | Isn’t that good? | – 要是你很幸福的话怎么办? – 难道不好吗? |
[32:31] | I mean, didn’t you ever think that someday I might leave? | 我的意思是 你从来没想到过我 有一天会离开吗? |
[32:36] | No. | 不 |
[32:39] | I was afraid to. | 我只是很害怕 |
[32:42] | Mr. Monk. | – 对不起 – Monk先生 |
[32:43] | Sharona | Sharona… Sorry I’m late. |
[32:46] | I stopped off to visit a lady friend. | 对不起我迟到了 我中途去看了位女友 |
[32:48] | And then I stopped off to visit her sister. | 然后又去看她的姐妹 |
[32:52] | Look, my lawyer said that you guys were very helpful, | 我的律师说你们帮了很大的忙 |
[32:54] | and it’s greatly appreciated. | 非常感谢 |
[32:57] | What happened at the hospital? | 医院里发生了什么事? |
[32:59] | I heard you pulled the plug on my brother. | – 听说你拔了我兄弟的插头 |
[33:01] | I’m sorry. That was an accident. | – 对不起 那是意外 |
[33:05] | Don’t apologize. | 别介意 我刚和他的医生通过电话 |
[33:06] | I just got off the phone with his doctor. | 别介意 我刚和他的医生通过电话 |
[33:08] | Turns out you did the bastard a favor. | 结果是你帮了大忙 |
[33:10] | It jump-started his neutrons or something. | 呃 就象跳回原点 或者其他类似的事 |
[33:14] | Anyway, he’s breathing on his own | 无论怎么说 他第一次用他自己的嘴呼吸了 |
[33:16] | for the first time in months, all thanks to you. | – 都是因为你哦 – |
[33:19] | Well, good. I’m glad to have helped. | 那么 很好 很高兴能帮上忙 |
[33:22] | Be it ever so humble. Make yourselves at home. | 非常简陋 随便点 |
[33:25] | Jeez, look at all this mail. | 看看这些邮件 |
[33:30] | Uh, don’t open any packages. | – 别拆开任何包裹 – |
[33:32] | Yeah, thanks. I’m not an idiot. | 好的 谢谢 我不是白痴 |
[33:35] | Bills… | 帐单 邮件 |
[33:36] | Mail… | 帐单 邮件 |
[33:38] | Don’t bother. It won’t stick. | 别粘了 |
[33:40] | It peels off every four weeks. | 每四周脱落一次 |
[33:45] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[33:46] | Sharona, I got it! | – Sharona 我知道了 – 什么? |
[33:49] | What? | 邮包炸弹 我知道他怎么做的 |
[33:50] | The mail bombs! I know how he did it! | 邮包炸弹 我知道他怎么做的 |
[33:54] | What are you doing?! | – 你在干吗? |
[33:55] | Relax. | – 别紧张 |
[33:57] | They’re my cigars from my guy in key west. | 我的雪茄? 我在Key West的朋友寄来的 |
[34:00] | Nobody knows I get these. | 没人知道 我会收到这个 |
[34:02] | Does your brother know? | – 你兄弟知道吗? |
[34:03] | Yeah, Brian knows I get these. | – 知道 Brian是知道的 |
[34:05] | It’s a bomb! Don’t open it. | 是炸弹 别打开 |
[34:12] | – Oh, my God. – Do not… move. | – 哦 天哪 – 别动 |
[34:18] | It’s okay. | It’s okay. 没事的 没事的 |
[34:21] | Just don’t move. It is now motion sensitive. | 别动 这是个动作感应炸弹 |
[34:25] | Don’t move. It’s okay. | 别动 没事的 |
[34:27] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[34:30] | Stop saying “okay,” and do something. | 不要再说 没事 采取点行动 |
[34:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:34] | Okay, okay, I’m talking to the bomb squad, | 好的 我和拆弹组通话了 |
[34:36] | and they’re on their way. | – 他们正在路上 |
[34:38] | There are no wire cutters in this cabinet. | – 这个柜子里没有电剪 |
[34:40] | They’re right there in the tin bucket! | 就在锡罐里 |
[34:44] | Look, will you hurry up? | – 你能快点吗?我不知道我这样能坚持多久 – 嘘 |
[34:45] | I don’t know how long I can stand like this. | – 你能快点吗?我不知道我这样能坚持多久 |
[34:47] | Shh… shh. | – 嘘 |
[34:51] | Okay, he wants to know how many wires you see. | 好的 他想知道你看到了几根电线 |
[34:55] | Four wires. | – 4根 |
[34:56] | – You still want to quit? – Four wires. | – 4根 你还想辞职么? |
[34:59] | You’ll never have this much fun in New Jersey. | 你在新泽西不会遇到这么有趣的事的 |
[35:01] | He says cut the wire | 他说 剪掉 |
[35:03] | leading from the detonator to the battery. | 从雷管通向电池的那根 |
[35:06] | There are two… a blue and a red. | 有两根 一蓝一红 |
[35:09] | – What is that? – Light turned green. | —那是什么? —灯变绿了 |
[35:11] | Light turned green. He says you have 10 seconds. | 灯变绿了 |
[35:14] | – Cut one of the wires. – Which one? | 他说你只有10秒钟 剪掉其中一根 |
[35:15] | Either one. It doesn’t matter. | – 哪根? – 随便哪根都行 |
[35:17] | Okay. Blue… No, no, red, no, red. | – 好的 蓝色的 不 不 红色的 – 哦 天哪 |
[35:20] | – No, blue. – Cut one! Cut the blue one! | – 剪掉那根 |
[35:22] | Five seconds! | 红色的那根 – 5秒钟 |
[35:23] | – Why blue? – Then cut the red one! | – 为什么是蓝色的? – 天哪 剪红色的 |
[35:25] | – You said blue! – Three seconds. | – 你说蓝色的 – 3秒钟 |
[35:27] | – Adrian, cut one! – I’ll cut ’em both! | – Adrian 剪掉一根 – 我全剪掉 |
[35:40] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[35:41] | Yeah, it was just your basic mail bomb. No big deal. | 你还好吗? 是的 只不过是个最低级的邮包炸弹 没什么大不了的 |
[35:43] | So I heard you’re leaving. New Jersey. | 听说你要走了 要去新泽西 |
[35:45] | You gonna miss me? | – 你会想念我吗? |
[35:46] | Nope. Maybe a little. | – 不会 或许有点 |
[35:49] | Hmm. Do me a favor and call me sometime to remind me why I left. | 帮我个忙 有空给我打电话 好让我想起我是为什么离开的 |
[35:54] | I’ll do that. | 我会的 |
[35:55] | Can everyone see? | 看到了吗? |
[35:57] | Yeah, we can see. It’s just a mailbox. What the hell are we doing here? | 是的 只是只邮箱而已 我们来这里到底要干什么啊? |
[36:00] | Well, first off, I’d like to thank | 首先我们得感谢美国邮递员 |
[36:01] | Tamil Swarma United States Postal Worker Tamil Swarma | |
[36:05] | for helping us out here today. | – 今天在这里帮我们 |
[36:06] | We’re glad to help our brothers | – 很高兴能来帮助 |
[36:08] | and sister in the law enforcement community. | 执法部门的兄弟姐妹们 |
[36:10] | We just wear a different shade of blue, that’s all. | 我们不过穿的制服的蓝色有点不同而已 |
[36:13] | Yeah. Yeah. | 说得好 说得好 |
[36:18] | Brian Babbage wanted to kill his brother and sister. | Brian Babbage想杀死他的弟弟和姐姐 |
[36:21] | He found a way to mail a bomb in May, | 他发现了一个邮寄炸弹的办法 可以5月寄出 |
[36:24] | but not have it be delivered until August. | 但是直到8月份寄到 |
[36:27] | It was quite brilliant, really. | 这 确实是非常聪明 |
[36:29] | Yes, it was. Although by doing so, | 是的 |
[36:31] | he violated two federal laws | 虽然这样做 触犯了两项联邦法律 |
[36:33] | and a score of postal regulations. | 还有一大堆的邮政规定 |
[36:37] | Go on. | 继续 |
[36:39] | When I recently saw some wallpaper peeling off a wall, | 当我最近看到从墙上剥落的墙纸 |
[36:43] | it reminded me of the ketchup bottles | 我想起了Brian |
[36:45] | in Brian Babbage’s closet. | Babbage储藏室里的番茄酱瓶子 |
[36:47] | They were glued to the ceiling. | 它们被粘在天花板上 |
[36:49] | The glue was the key. | 胶水是关键 |
[36:50] | There was no glue in the bomb. | 炸弹里面可没有胶水 |
[36:52] | It wasn’t part of the bomb. | |
[36:53] | It was part of the delivery mechanism. | 不是在炸弹里面 是用在了邮递系统当中 |
[36:55] | Exactly. | – 确实 – 确 |
[36:57] | It was an experiment… A stress test. | 这是项试验 是个应力试验 |
[37:00] | The ketchup bottles weighed about the same as the mail bombs. | 番茄酱瓶子和邮包炸弹差不多重 |
[37:04] | He was trying to find out | 他想确定 |
[37:05] | how long they would stick before they fell off. | 在它们掉下去之前能粘多久 |
[37:09] | I don’t get it. | – 我不明白 |
[37:10] | Tamil. | – 我不明白 |
[37:12] | Four months ago, | 4个月前 Brian |
[37:14] | Brian Babbage went around the city late at night | Babbage 在深夜就到城里到处晃悠 |
[37:17] | and cracked open the panel on a couple of these mailboxes. | 拽开这些邮箱的面板 |
[37:20] | These locks are pretty simple to pick. | 很容易撬开的 我曾经和我上司谈过 但是他们不听我的 |
[37:22] | I’ve talked to my supervisors, but they don’t listen. | 很容易撬开的 我曾经和我上司谈过 但是他们不听我的 |
[37:24] | – Tamil… – “Don’t make waves.” | – 别示意我 你知道吗? |
[37:26] | Everybody just wants to hit their 20 and get out. | 人人都想打他们20下 然后把他们踢出去 |
[37:29] | I can take it from here. | 我可以从这里接着说 |
[37:32] | Brian put the bombs in the mailboxes. | Brian把炸弹放在邮箱里 |
[37:36] | But he didn’t put them on the bottom with the rest of the mail. | 但是没把炸弹和其他邮件一起放在底部 |
[37:39] | He glued them to the top. | 他把它们粘在顶上 |
[37:43] | You see, it’s a blind spot. | 你们看 是个死角 |
[37:46] | Nobody ever looks up there. Why would they? | 没人会往上看的 他们为什么要那样做呢? |
[37:50] | Four months later, the glue dries up, | 4个月后 胶水干了 |
[37:52] | the bomb falls down, | 炸弹掉下来了 |
[37:54] | and the next day the mailman picks it up with the rest of the mail. | 第二天 邮递员把它 和其他的邮件一起收集起来 |
[37:58] | It was like a time-released mail bomb. | 就象一个延迟邮包炸弹 |
[38:00] | The U.S. Post Office unwittingly became | 美国邮政无意中成了魔鬼的使者 |
[38:02] | the messenger of evil. | |
[38:04] | – Who’d-a thunk it? – Well put, tamil. | – 谁想得到呢? – 好了 Tamil 关上 |
[38:07] | And by the time they were delivered, | 当我们在法庭上陈述时 |
[38:08] | Brian had a perfect alibi. | Brian有足够的辩护词 |
[38:10] | He put himself in a coma? That’s his alibi? | 他使自己成为植物人? 这是他的辩辞 |
[38:12] | That’s the stupidest plan I ever heard of. | 这是我听说过的最愚蠢的计划 |
[38:14] | He came this close to killing himself. | 他差点杀了自己 |
[38:16] | I was stumped, too, but then I realized | 我曾经也想不明白 |
[38:18] | that wasn’t his plan at all. | 但是我后来意识到 这根本不是他计划之内的 |
[38:20] | No one would plan to be in a coma. | – 没有人会计划变成植物人 |
[38:22] | His idea was to get himself arrested | – 他计划使自己被捕 |
[38:24] | so he would be in jail when the bombs were delivered. | 这样当邮寄炸弹时 他就在监狱里 |
[38:27] | That’s why he tried to lead us on a car chase. | 这就是他为什么 要让我们去飞车追他的原因 |
[38:29] | He figured he’d be in jail for seven or eight months. | 他预计他会被关上7到8个月 |
[38:31] | He even picked out a terrible lawyer | 甚至挑了个很糟糕的律师 |
[38:33] | to make sure that he wouldn’t get off. | 以保证他不会被释放 |
[38:36] | But he screwed up, and he hit a truck. | 但他自己搞砸了 他撞上了一辆卡车 |
[38:38] | And then a car, then another car. | 然后是辆小车 最后又撞了辆小车 |
[38:39] | Brian Babbage stumbled, literally, by accident, | Brian Babbage为自己弄了个犯罪史上 |
[38:42] | into the best alibi in the history of crime. | 最好的辩护词 |
[38:45] | Where’s your proof? | – 你们的证据呢? |
[38:47] | Brian Babbage woke up this morning. | – Brian Babbage今天早上醒了过来 |
[38:49] | I have arranged for all of us to pay him a little visit. | 我安排了所有人都去看望他 |
[38:52] | – This is going to be great. – Not you. | – 这太好了 – 没你份 |
[38:56] | – Mr. Babbage. | |
[38:58] | Maria. | Babbage先生? |
[38:59] | You’re awake. It’s a miracle. | 哦 你醒了 真是奇迹 |
[39:01] | I came as soon as I heard. | 我一听说就赶来了 |
[39:04] | Sorry about your sister and your brother. | – 你弟弟和姐姐的事令人很难过 |
[39:06] | Thank you, Maria. | – 谢谢 Maria |
[39:08] | The doctors just told me about them. I can’t… | 医生刚告诉过我 我没法 |
[39:11] | I can’t believe it. | 我没法相信 |
[39:13] | I won’t stay long. | 我不能再待下去 |
[39:15] | I just wanted to welcome you back, | 我是来接你回去的 |
[39:17] | and I brought your mail. | 我还带了你的邮件 |
[39:19] | What… what’s that? | – 那 那是什么? |
[39:21] | Uh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry… | – 对不起 我来拆 |
[39:22] | It’s a bomb. It’s a bomb! | 是炸弹 |
[39:24] | Get down! | 是炸弹 扔掉 |
[39:25] | Get down! | 扔掉 |
[39:34] | I can’t help but wonder what made you think | 忍不住想问问你怎么知道 |
[39:36] | that was a bomb, Mr. Babbage. | 那是炸弹Babbage先生 |
[39:41] | Brian Babbage, good morning. | Brian Babbage? 早上好 你被捕了 |
[39:43] | You’re under arrest for the murder of your sister Amanda. | 因为谋杀了你姐姐Amanda |
[39:47] | Sharona, Benjy, the taxi’s here. | Sharona Benjy 出租车来了 |
[39:54] | Ahh. | 哦 快点 我们会误了航班的 |
[39:55] | Come on, guys, we’re gonna miss the plane. | 哦 快点 我们会误了航班的 |
[40:01] | Sharona, whatever it is, leave it. The movers will get it tomorrow. | Sharona 那是什么放下 明天搬家公司的人会来的 |
[40:04] | – Benjy Where’s Benjy? | |
[40:06] | He’s at my sister’s. | 在哪里? – 他在我姐姐家 |
[40:08] | What? We got to get going. | 什么? 我们必须得走了 |
[40:12] | – We’re not going. – What are you talking about? | – 我们不走了 – 你在说什么呢? |
[40:15] | – I found the plane tickets last night. | |
[40:17] | Detroit?! | 昨晚发现了张飞机票 底特律? |
[40:18] | Sharona, no… Sharona, listen… | – 不 Sharona 听我说 |
[40:20] | – Christ, I should have known. – I just thought we could stop… | 天哪 – Christ 我应该想到的 我只是想我们应该停留一下 |
[40:25] | I just thought we could stop on the way home | 我们应该在回家的路上 |
[40:27] | and see my Uncle Jack, that’s all. | – 顺道去看看 Jack叔叔 |
[40:29] | You don’t want to see Uncle Jack. | 就这样 – 你不想看Jack叔叔 |
[40:30] | You want your Uncle Jack to see me and Benjy. | 你想让Jack叔叔看看我和Benjy |
[40:33] | He cut you off after we split up, | 我们离婚过后 |
[40:34] | and now you’re trying to get back into his pocket. | 他就不再给钱你了 现在你想继续从他那里得到接济 |
[40:37] | Look, the taxi’s outside, the meter’s running. | 好吧 现在出租车在外面 计价器正在计价 |
[40:40] | Let’s just… we’ll talk on the way, okay? | 我们在路上谈 好吗? |
[40:47] | Sharona, honey, | Sharona 亲爱的? |
[40:49] | the money is for Bo… | 那些钱都是为了 |
[40:52] | It’s for all of us. | 我们 |
[40:54] | I mean, he’s richer than God. Why not take advantage of that? | 我的意思是他比上帝还要富有 为什么不占这个便宜? |
[40:57] | Trevor That’s all you’re good at, Trevor… | |
[40:59] | taking advantage. | 这就是你所擅长的 占便宜 |
[41:03] | Why don’t you call Benjy and tell him | 为什么你不打电话给Benjy |
[41:04] | that the only reason why you got back into his life | 告诉他你回到他的生活里的唯一原因 |
[41:06] | was so that your rich uncle doesn’t cut you off? | 就是为了让你富有的叔叔继续接济你 |
[41:13] | Didn’t think so. | 你不就是这样想的吗? |
[41:16] | What about Benjy? He needs a father. | – 怎么样?他需要爸爸 – |
[41:18] | Yeah, that’s true, he does. | 是的 这是事实 他确实 |
[41:20] | So why don’t you come back when you’re ready to be one? | 那为什么不等到你 |
[41:23] | Hey… | 真的准备好做爸爸的时候再回来呢? |
[41:49] | Uh, there it is… The house on the left there. | 呃 就这里 左边的房子 |
[42:01] | Keep… Keep going. | 继续开 |
[42:02] | J-Just go. | 只要向前开 |
[42:04] | – | – Where to? – It doesn’t matter. |
[42:05] | Just go. Go. Go. | 去哪里? – |
[42:22] | Hey. | 没关系 只要继续开 |
[42:25] | Thought you might be here. How you doing? | – 嘿 – 我想你肯定在这里 你在干吗? |
[42:27] | I’m good. I’m great. | 我还好 |
[42:29] | I’m living a dream. | 我很好 我活在梦中 |
[42:37] | Where’s Trevor? | Trevor去哪儿了? |
[42:40] | He went home. | 回家了 |
[42:45] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[42:50] | I missed you. | 我想你 |
[42:53] | I missed you, too. | 我也想你 |
[42:58] | God, I really did. | 天哪 我真很想你 |
[43:01] | Maybe I should see a shrink, too. | – 或许我也应该看看心理医生的 |
[43:03] | Well, stick around. | – 等一会 |
[43:04] | Dr. Kroger will be here any minute. | Kroger医生随时都可能回来的 |