时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Oh, yeah, people try to tell you it’s not the same thing, | 仅供研究 严禁商用 – 那不是一回事 – 但那就是一回事 |
[00:02] | but it is. You got to go. | 你要走了 |
[00:04] | Spring training’s, like, real baseball. | 春训就好像打真正的棒球 |
[00:06] | You know, like how it used to be when we were kids growing up. | 和往常一样 |
[00:09] | Sounds great. | 和我们还是孩子那时一样 |
[00:11] | Have a seat. You’re on deck. | 请坐 马上就轮到你 |
[00:13] | Yeah, and the kids love it. They get to sit up close, | 是啊 孩子们好喜欢打球 他们坐在一起 |
[00:15] | and they get to meet the ballplayers. | 等着见球员 |
[00:17] | I can see the ballpark from the back patio. | 从后院我能看到棒球场 |
[00:19] | Nice. | 好 |
[00:21] | Hey. | 一连四次 他都挥空棒 |
[00:29] | Hey, hey, hey, watch what you’re doing, would you? | 嘿 你干什么啊? |
[00:31] | I’m counting here. | 我在数钱呢 |
[00:32] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[00:33] | Take your time. | 不着急 |
[00:43] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么啊? 他就是击不中球 他打空了 天啊 |
[02:11] | How’s it look? | 情况怎样? |
[02:12] | Not so good. It’s your suspension. | 不太好 悬挂系统出问题了 |
[02:14] | What? Again? You… | 什么? |
[02:16] | You just fixed my suspension three months ago. | 又来了 三个月前你刚修理了的 |
[02:19] | Yeah, that was your struts and your shocks. | 是啊 可那次修的是支架和避震器 |
[02:21] | This is the, uh, tie bars. | 这回是轮轴 |
[02:24] | What the hell is a tie bar? | 什么叫轮轴啊? |
[02:27] | It connects your, uh, steering knuckle | 它把你的 转向关节和中心关节连接在一起 |
[02:30] | to the center link right there. Can you see that? | 就在那里 看见吗? |
[02:32] | Tell him about that noise your radio keeps making. | 告诉他关于你的收音机里的噪音 |
[02:35] | That’s my music. | 那是我的音乐 |
[02:38] | So you think I can drive it? | 你觉得这车还能开吗? |
[02:40] | Oh, not like this. It’s a death trap. | 不行 这是个死亡陷阱 |
[02:50] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[02:51] | Well, that death trap thing sort of concerns me. | 死亡陷阱那玩意好吓人 |
[02:57] | I think he’s yanking my chain. | 我倒觉得他是在宰客 |
[02:59] | I mean, what am I going to do? I can’t fix this myself. | 现在我怎么办? 我自己修不了 |
[03:01] | Maybe I can take a look at it. | 我来看一看吧 |
[03:04] | I’m… I’m pretty handy. | 我很手巧的 |
[03:09] | Remember that one time? | 还记得那次吗? |
[03:11] | Norm, you win. How much? | Norman 你赢了多少钱? |
[03:15] | $900? | 900块? |
[03:17] | Where the hell am I supposed to get $900? | 我上哪里去找900块? |
[03:19] | I haven’t even seen a check from my ex in four months. | 我前夫已经四个月没有给我寄钱了 |
[03:22] | How are we going to get home? | 我们怎么回家啊? |
[03:24] | Well, I guess we’re going to have to walk. | 看来我们只好走路了 |
[03:25] | We could call a taxi. | 我们可以打车的 |
[03:27] | Taxis cost money. Are you going to pay for it? | 打车要花钱的 你有钱? |
[03:29] | I guess we’ll walk. | 只好走路了 |
[03:34] | – Ah. – Whoa. | 啊 哇 |
[03:36] | Uh, excuse me. Adrian Monk? | 请问你是Adrian Monk? |
[03:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:41] | I’m Tony Lucarelli. This is Vince, | 我是Tony Lucreli |
[03:44] | – my, uh… – Associate. | 这是Vens 我的 合作伙伴 |
[03:47] | My associate. | 我的合作伙伴 |
[03:49] | Look, if it’s not too inconvenient, | 如果您方便的话 |
[03:51] | my uncle would like to talk to you about a possible job. | 我叔叔想和你谈谈 一份工作 |
[03:54] | A job? | 工作? |
[03:55] | Uh, Lucarelli… as in… | 啊 Lucreli? |
[03:59] | Salvatore Lucarelli? | Sarvetory Lucreli的Lucreli? |
[04:01] | Oh, you’ve heard of him. | – 啊 |
[04:02] | That’ll make his day. | 你听说过他啊? – 他还真走运 |
[04:05] | No, thank you. Um… | 谢谢 |
[04:08] | Oh… Oh. | 这 |
[04:10] | It’s… | |
[04:11] | Is that the right time? | 我的手表没走错吧? |
[04:13] | We’re already late. | 我们已经迟到了 我们要去买东西 |
[04:14] | Uh, we’ve got… We’ve got that bris. | 我们已经迟到了 我们要去买东西 |
[04:16] | Whoa. This is a job. | 慢着 |
[04:19] | We can’t afford to walk away. | 这是一份工作啊 我们不能轻易走开啊 |
[04:21] | We can’t afford not to. | 想走开都难啊 |
[04:23] | Sharona, Sal Lucarelli is the boss of bosses. | Sharona Lucreli是大哥大 |
[04:27] | He’s the… | 他是西海岸的教父啊 |
[04:28] | He’s the west coast godfather. | |
[04:30] | So what? | – 那又怎样? – 那又怎样? |
[04:31] | So what? You’d take their money? | – 那又怎样? – 那又怎样? 你敢收他的钱吗? |
[04:34] | People who have 110,000 miles on their car | 人家千里迢迢跑来 |
[04:36] | can’t be picky. | 不会是吹毛求疵的 |
[04:37] | Fine. Fine. You go talk to him. | 不会是吹毛求疵的 好 那你去和他说 |
[04:40] | I’ll meet you back at the house. | 我们回家见 |
[04:46] | Mr. Monk… | Monk先生 |
[04:48] | you want my advice, I’d listen to your friend here. | 我建议你 还是听你这位朋友的话 |
[04:51] | She’s as smart as she is pretty. | 她真是美丽和智慧的象征 |
[04:55] | It’ll only take 20 minutes. | 只要20分钟 |
[04:58] | I’m saying please. | 我求你了 |
[05:01] | All right, pretty please. | 真的求你了 |
[05:03] | With a cherry on top? | 真心真意的? |
[05:05] | With a cherry on top. | 真心真意的 |
[05:09] | Vince. | |
[05:10] | Come on. | 走 |
[05:11] | Uh, no, not… not in the back seat. | 走 我不坐后座 |
[05:13] | Wait, wait, wait, Vince, he has a thing about back seats. | 慢着 Vens 他不喜欢坐后座 |
[05:17] | Everybody sits in the back. | 是人都喜欢坐后座 |
[05:18] | Uh, Mr… Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[05:21] | You can ride in the front with Vince. | 你可以和Vens坐前边 |
[05:23] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[05:25] | Okay. | |
[05:32] | Well, I guess that just leaves you in the back seat with me. | 看来我和你只好坐后座了 |
[05:38] | – Are you scared? – Are you? | 你害怕吗? 你呢? |
[06:37] | Mr. Monk, | Monk先生 |
[06:39] | thank you for coming on such short notice. | Monk先生 谢谢你及时赶来 |
[06:41] | It means the world to me. | 你真是我的大救星啊 |
[06:48] | Oh, he does this all the time. | 他总是这样的 |
[06:50] | He doesn’t mean any disrespect. | 他不是对你不敬 |
[06:52] | I understand. I got blood on my hands. | 我理解 我手上沾血 |
[06:55] | Yes, you do. | 是的 |
[06:58] | I’m supposed to be in Pebble Beach. | 我本来应该在排勃海滩的 |
[07:01] | Instead I’m here preparing for a wake. | 然而我却来到了这里准备守灵 |
[07:05] | Did Fat Tony tell you about the job? | 胖子Tony告诉你工作的事情了吗? |
[07:10] | My sister’s boy Ernie got killed yesterday, | 我妹夫Earney 昨天被枪杀 |
[07:13] | plus four of my friends. Good friends. | 还有我的四个好朋友 |
[07:15] | Barbershop massacre, right? | 理发店大屠杀对吧? |
[07:17] | Yeah, massacre… that’s the word. | 是啊 大屠杀 |
[07:19] | I checked around, Mr. Monk, and other detectives… | 我四处打听了一下 Monk先生 |
[07:22] | good detectives… told me you were the best. | 其他神探都说你是最棒的 |
[07:24] | Called you a legend. | 还当你是传奇人物 |
[07:25] | I’ll pay you three times your usual fee | 我给你三倍的探案费用 |
[07:27] | if you tell me who’s behind this. | 只要你告诉我谁是幕后黑手 |
[07:31] | Oh. | 抱歉 |
[07:32] | I’m sorry. | |
[07:35] | I-I… I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[07:38] | Can’t… | 帮不了? |
[07:40] | Or won’t? | 还是不想帮? |
[07:42] | My family is hurt, Mr. Monk… | 我的家人都心碎了 Monk先生 |
[07:45] | And angry. | 而且还愤怒 |
[07:47] | I understand how you feel more than you know. | 我比你还理解你的感受 |
[07:49] | They’re screaming for vengeance. | 他们都喊着要报仇雪恨 |
[07:51] | They want me to strike out at one of the Chinese gangs | 他们想要我横扫华人黑帮 |
[07:54] | or the Russians. | 或者俄罗斯黑帮 |
[07:55] | I don’t want to make a mistake. | 或者俄罗斯黑帮 我不想出差错 |
[07:57] | I’m trying to prevent a bloodbath here. | 我这是为了避免出现大屠杀啊 |
[08:00] | Mm. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:05] | I’m very… | 非常非常非常 |
[08:07] | very, very, very sorry… | |
[08:10] | I’m very, very, very sorry. | 非常抱歉 非常 非常 非常 非常抱歉 |
[08:12] | You know, why don’t we just sleep on it? | 我们就先谈到这里吧 |
[08:14] | Maybe Mr. Monk will reconsider. | 也许Monk先生会重新考虑的 |
[08:16] | Yeah, Fat Tony’s right. | 对 胖子Tony说的有道理 |
[08:18] | Let’s all think about it. | 让我们都好好想想 |
[08:24] | Oh, Mr. Monk… | Monk先生 |
[08:28] | Are you right-handed or left-handed? | 你习惯用左手还是右手? |
[08:29] | I’m right-handed. | 右手 |
[08:32] | But I… | 但是我也用左手的 |
[08:33] | I use my left hand, too. | |
[08:36] | Almost every day. | 几乎每天都用 |
[08:38] | Yeah, you used your left hand this morning. | 是啊 今早你用左手了 |
[08:41] | Right. That’s right. | 对 没错 |
[08:42] | I’m ambidextrous, really. | 我的双手很灵巧的 |
[08:45] | Yeah, well, | 好 |
[08:47] | why don’t you think about that, too? | 你何不也考虑一下? |
[08:49] | This conversation is over. | 这次谈话到此结束 |
[08:52] | Oh, he’s a charmer. | 他真是个型男 |
[08:55] | – Sharona? – I’ll be right there. | Sharona? 马上就来 |
[09:01] | I love you both. | 我喜欢你们俩 |
[09:04] | I’d never let anything happen to you. | 我决不会让你们出事 |
[09:08] | I-I love both my hands. | 我喜欢我的双手 |
[09:10] | Good. | 好啊 |
[09:12] | Even though I don’t use my left hand as much, | 哪怕我不经常用我的左手 |
[09:15] | I-I still love it. | 我还是爱它的 |
[09:17] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:20] | Let’s try a different restaurant. | 我们到别的餐馆去 |
[09:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:24] | It was great talking to you. I feel better. | 和你谈话真是太愉快了 我感觉好多了 |
[09:34] | Agent Colmes. | kolms特工 |
[09:35] | Mr. Monk, how are you? Get in the van. | – Monk先生 你好啊? – 上车 |
[09:37] | I’m… I’m waiting for Sharona. | 我在等Sharona |
[09:38] | Well, you can wait in the van. | 你可以在车上等啊 |
[09:40] | She won’t know where I am. | 她会找不到我的 |
[09:42] | Oh, we’ll tell her. Just get in the van, please. | – 我们回告诉她的 |
[09:43] | Don’t make me say it again. | – 上车 我可不想再请第二次了 |
[09:45] | I can’t, uh, I-I can’t sit in the back. | 我不能坐后座 |
[09:46] | There’s no other seat. | 没有其它的座位了 |
[09:48] | Really, I am not playing favorites here. | 真的 我现在不是在挑三拣四 |
[09:49] | I-I just told the mafia the… the same thing. | 我刚才和黑帮也是这么说的 |
[09:52] | You can ask them. | 你可以去问他们 |
[09:53] | Yeah, that’s really adorable. In the van now. Get in the van. | 我很佩服你 马上上车吧 |
[09:55] | I’m getting in, | I’m getting in, I’m getting in. 我上就是了 |
[09:57] | Look, just for the record, I’m… I’m using my left hand. | 我只用了左手 记录好了 |
[10:00] | That’s fascinating. Get in the van. | 真佩服你 上车 |
[10:07] | The government can’t help but wonder | 政府爱莫能助 |
[10:08] | what you were doing with Salvatore Lucarelli | 只想知道你和Sarvetory |
[10:10] | and his underboss Fat Tony. | Lucreli 以及他的副手胖子Tony在干什么? |
[10:12] | Excuse me. Why do they call him Fat Tony? | 请问 他们为什么叫他胖子Tony? |
[10:15] | Uh, because he used to weigh 250 pounds. | 因为他以前的体重有250磅 |
[10:18] | Oh, my God. Is this the same guy? | 天啊 这是同一个人吗? |
[10:22] | Mm. Now, the Lucarelli family’s been under surveillance | 嗯 现在lucreli家族 处在我们的监控之下 |
[10:24] | by a joint ATF/FBI task force for the last three months. | 由ATF- FBI联合行动小组负责 已经监控三个月了 |
[10:27] | Is this the barbershop? | 这就是那个理发店? |
[10:29] | That is right. | 是的 |
[10:30] | That was taken a week ago, right before the massacre. | 那是两周前拍的照片 就在大屠杀之前拍的 |
[10:32] | Now, had we stayed there one more day, | 要是我们再留守在那里一天 |
[10:33] | we would have been able to see the whole thing go down. | 我们就有可能目睹案件的经过 |
[10:35] | Excuse me. What does he weigh now? | 请问他现在有多重? |
[10:37] | Okay, you know what? I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[10:38] | Mr. Monk, you still haven’t answered my question. | Monk先生 你还没有回答我的问题 |
[10:40] | What the hell were you doing there? | 你到底去那里干什么? |
[10:42] | Salvatore wanted to hire me. | Sarvetory想雇佣我 |
[10:45] | Well, that’s excellent. What’d you say? | 太好了 你怎么说的? |
[10:47] | Well, I told him I’d see him in hell first. | 我说我巴不得他下地狱 |
[10:50] | But not in those exact words. | 不过说得没那么直接 |
[10:54] | We’d like you to take that job. | 我们希望你接受那个工作 |
[10:56] | No. | 不 要是我接受的话 要是我指认出杀手的话 |
[10:57] | No, if I take that job and I I.D. the killers, | 不 要是我接受的话 要是我指认出杀手的话 |
[11:00] | Salvatore will go ballistic, | Sarvetory会将他们斩尽杀绝 |
[11:02] | and he’ll wipe them all out, | |
[11:04] | and I-I couldn’t live with myself. | 而我会无地自容的 |
[11:06] | Mr. Monk, you’re ignoring the big picture here. | Monk先生 你真是忽略了这个大好宏图 |
[11:09] | This is an incredible opportunity. | 这是千载难逢的机会 |
[11:11] | No one’s ever been inside the family before. | 以前从来没有人进过他们的家族 |
[11:13] | You can get us the evidence that we need | 你可以帮我们收集我们需要的证据 |
[11:14] | to bring the whole entire family down. | 然后将整个家族一网打尽 |
[11:16] | Hey, I showed them my I.D. downstairs. | |
[11:17] | I just got to talk to my friend. | 我在楼下出示证件了 我只想和我的朋友说两句 |
[11:19] | What, are you reaching for your gun? | 我只想和我的朋友说两句 你要拔枪吗? |
[11:20] | If you’re reaching for your gun, pull it or step aside. | 要是你拔枪的话 你最好开枪 |
[11:23] | Monk. Hey. | 否则就靠边站 Monk |
[11:25] | Kolms Colmes. | |
[11:27] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你这是在干什么啊? |
[11:28] | Okay, this is a federal operation, captain. | 这是联邦调查局的行动 队长 |
[11:30] | You have no business being here. | 和你无关 |
[11:31] | Well, neither does he. What’s going on? | – 和他也无关啊 – 怎么回事? |
[11:34] | They want Adrian to go undercover in the Lucarelli family. | 他们想要Adrian到Lucreli家族卧底 |
[11:37] | What’s up with this picture of you and Fat Tony? | 你和胖子Tony合影了? |
[11:38] | Nothing, and don’t call him that. | 没什么 别说他是胖子 |
[11:41] | You’re defending him? | 你还护着他? |
[11:43] | Why don’t you start by telling them | 你怎么不和他说说. |
[11:45] | what happened to the last agent that tried to infiltrate that family? | 上次派去那里渗透的特工 什么下场? |
[11:48] | Oh, start by telling them where they found the body buried. | 从找到尸体被埋在哪里说起吧 |
[11:50] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. Buried? | 什么 被埋了? |
[11:52] | Actually, the parts that they found. | 什么 被埋了? 实际上他们找到的只是尸块 |
[11:53] | Okay, that’s a different situation. | 这次情况不一样 那个特工的身份暴露了 |
[11:54] | That agent’s cover was blown. | 这次情况不一样 那个特工的身份暴露了 |
[11:56] | Monk’s been invited in. They already know he’s a cop. | 而Monk是被请进去的 |
[11:58] | – But I’m not a cop. – Well, you could be… | 他们已经知道他是警察了 – 可我不是警察啊 – 可以是的 |
[12:01] | if you help us out. | 只要你帮我们 |
[12:03] | What? What? | 什么? |
[12:05] | Hang on. Whoa, whoa. What’s going on here? | 慢着 这是什么回事? |
[12:07] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[12:09] | Monk, he’s playing you. Just walk away. | Monk 他在玩你 走开吧 |
[12:11] | No, wait, no. I want to hear this. | 不 慢着 我想听听 |
[12:13] | What… What… What are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[12:14] | What I’m saying is | 我在说 |
[12:16] | is that if you do me this favor… | 要是你帮我们这个忙 |
[12:18] | this one little tiny favor… | 帮我们这个小小的忙 |
[12:20] | I will call the police commissioner the next time you’re up for reinstatement. | 我可以向警察特派员 申请让你复职 |
[12:26] | Come here. | 过来 |
[12:28] | Monk, I know this son of a bitch. | Monk 我了解这个混蛋的为人 |
[12:29] | He’s not to be trusted, okay? | 他不值得信任 |
[12:31] | You could go get yourself killed, | 你会丧命的 |
[12:32] | he would not so much as bat an eye. | 他甚至眼睛都不眨一下的 |
[12:34] | He’s right. It’s too dangerous. | 他说的对 这太危险了 |
[12:38] | But what… what if it was you, | 要是你 |
[12:40] | and you didn’t have this, | 想拿回失去的警徽 |
[12:42] | and you wanted it back? | 你会怎么做? |
[12:48] | I’ll do it. | 我干 |
[12:50] | I’m your… | 我任你差遣 |
[12:52] | I’m your man. | 好 |
[13:01] | There was a witness eating lunch across the street around 11:45. | 有个目击者 在大约11:45的时候走过大街 |
[13:05] | He saw three guys walk in here. | 他看到三个男子走进去 |
[13:07] | They stood here, rat-a-tat-tat, like fish in a barrel. | 他们站在那里扫射 就像射杀桶里的鱼一样 |
[13:12] | Must have been horrible. | 一定很可怕 |
[13:14] | This barbershop was being used by Salvatore and his crew | 这个理发店是Sarvetory一伙人 |
[13:17] | as a front for a numbers game | 开的场子 |
[13:19] | they were running out of this back room. | 他们将后面的房间改装 |
[13:21] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[13:22] | Your friend Fat Tony… It’s his life story. | 你的朋友胖子Tony 这是他的人生故事 |
[13:26] | There was 7 grand on that table. | 那个桌子上有7000块 |
[13:30] | Two indictments? | 两项控告 |
[13:32] | That doesn’t mean anything. | 又没什么意思 |
[13:34] | It means he got lucky. | 意思是他很走运 |
[13:37] | Look, I know why you’re attracted to him. | 我知道你为什么迷上他了 |
[13:40] | I get it. You think he’s dangerous. | 我明白了 你觉得他是危险人物 |
[13:43] | Some people think I’m dangerous. | 有的人也觉得我是危险人物 |
[13:45] | Yeah, people driving behind you. | 是啊 人家开车都不敢开到你前面去 |
[13:50] | The ballistic report says, | 弹道学报告 |
[13:51] | and Special Agent Colmes concurs, | 以及kloms特工都称 |
[13:54] | that all five victims were killed with the same weapon, | 这五名遇害者都是被同一件武器所杀 |
[13:56] | an Ingram Mac-10. | 英格拉姆MAC—l0型冲锋枪 |
[13:58] | Three killers but only one gun? | 三个枪手用一支枪? |
[14:00] | Yeah, maybe they took turns. | 是啊 也许是轮流来 |
[14:03] | The money was still here? | 钱还在那里? |
[14:04] | Yep, 7 grand. | 是啊 7000块 |
[14:06] | Why wouldn’t they just take it? | 他们为什么不拿走? |
[14:08] | It wasn’t a robbery. | 这又不是抢劫案 |
[14:10] | These people don’t send e-mails to each other, Monk. | 这些人相互之间又不发邮件的 Monk |
[14:13] | This is how they send a message. | 他们只有通过这种方式发出信号 |
[14:16] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[14:18] | From the gumball machine. | 是糖果机上的 |
[14:19] | The killers must have ripped it out. | 杀手一定是扯下来的 |
[14:22] | Yeah, they used it to break the window in the back. | 对 用来打烂后面的窗户玻璃 |
[14:23] | That was their only way of escape, | 那是他们唯一的逃跑路线 |
[14:25] | because there were two uniforms out front. | 因为当时前面有两名警察 |
[14:29] | – Randy. – Hmm? | 嗯? |
[14:35] | Right. Sorry. | – 对 |
[14:36] | Evidence. | 抱歉 – 证据 |
[14:37] | Yes, it’s evidence. It’s also been on the ground. | 那是证据 而且还掉在地上 |
[14:40] | Yeah, you’re dangerous. | 你可真是个危险人物 |
[14:46] | Hey, Monk… | |
[14:48] | you can still back out. This is not your case. | 现在收手还来得及 这不是你的案子 |
[14:52] | It is now. | 现在是了 |
[14:54] | He’s just using you. | 他是在利用你 |
[14:56] | I’m using him, too. | 我也是利用他啊 |
[14:58] | I don’t remember you testifying for me when you had the chance. | 我不见得你有机会的时候 给我作证过 |
[15:01] | That’s right, because I knew that you weren’t ready. | 说得也是 因为我那时知道你还没有准备好 |
[15:06] | Somebody was sitting right here | 有人当时坐在这里 |
[15:08] | doing this crossword puzzle. | 做填字游戏 |
[15:13] | Didn’t finish. I hate that. | – 没有完成 – 真讨厌 |
[15:15] | Well, whoever it was, he must have left before it went down. | 不管是谁 他一定是在开枪前放下的 |
[15:18] | But why wouldn’t he take it with him? | 他为什么不带走? |
[15:20] | To… To finish. | 带走再完成什么的 |
[15:22] | Maybe it wasn’t his. | 也许这不是他的报纸 |
[15:24] | No, this is the barbershop copy here. | 这是理发店的报纸 |
[15:26] | This had to have been his copy. | 这一定是杀手的报纸 |
[15:28] | He must have been working on this unfinished puzzle for a while. | 他一定钻研这个字谜 |
[15:32] | If I was almost finished with a difficult crossword, | 有一段时间了 要是我就要完成一个困难的字谜 |
[15:36] | I’d… I’d take it with me. | 我会带走它的 |
[15:38] | Wouldn’t you? | 对吧? |
[15:40] | To finish? | 以便完成? |
[15:43] | No. Tell me about the witness. | 不 告诉我目击者的情况 |
[15:44] | Uh, his name’s Philip Bedard, 32, unmarried. | 他叫Phli Beta 32岁 未婚 |
[15:48] | Works up the street. | 街上的混混 |
[15:49] | Is he reliable? | 他信得过吗? |
[15:51] | I hope so. He works at the U.S. Mint. | 希望信得过 他在美国铸币局工作 |
[16:02] | I can’t believe you just said that. | 难以置信你真说了 |
[16:05] | Well, you don’t even know me. | 你根本就不了解我 |
[16:08] | Yeah, okay. Okay. | – 好 |
[16:10] | I’ll call you later. Bye. | 我等下给你电话 – 再见 |
[16:14] | That was Tony. | Tony打来的 |
[16:16] | Fat Tony? | 胖子Tony? |
[16:18] | He’s not fat. | 他不胖 |
[16:21] | You know, he asked me out on a date, and, uh… | 他约我出去 |
[16:24] | I told him I’d think about it. | 我说我考虑一下 |
[16:26] | Sharona, you know what kind of man he is. | 你知道他是什么人 |
[16:28] | Yeah, but that’s what I like about him. | 可我就是喜欢 |
[16:32] | Look, I-I know you always want to check out my dates | 我知道你总是想调查我的约会对象 |
[16:34] | and find out what’s wrong with them, | 找出人家的毛病 |
[16:36] | but at least with Tony, | 但至少对Tony来说 |
[16:37] | I already know he’s a criminal. | 我已经知道他是罪犯了 |
[16:39] | I mean, I can’t be surprised. | 我已经不感到惊讶了 |
[16:41] | I’ve been surprised enough, you know? | 我已经惊讶够了 |
[16:44] | Well, as long as that makes sense to you. | 只要你喜欢就好 |
[16:47] | Is everything all right? | 情况还好吧? |
[16:49] | – Oh, yeah, yeah. Hey, Vince. | |
[16:52] | Vince, you know, you… | 好 |
[16:54] | You don’t have to follow us around. | 你不用老是跟着我们的 |
[16:56] | If we have something to report back to you, | 要是我们有情况汇报 |
[16:58] | I-I promise we’re going to call. | 我们一定会打电话的 |
[17:00] | Uncle Sal told me to keep an eye on you. | sel叔叔吩咐我盯着你们 |
[17:02] | – It’s for your own protection. – It’s a little insulting. | 为了保护你们 这是在侮辱人 |
[17:05] | I haven’t needed a babysitter since I was 19. | 我l9岁才摆脱保姆的看护 |
[17:09] | You had a babysitter when you were 19? | 你l9岁还有保姆带? |
[17:11] | Everybody did. It was the late ’70s. It was a crazy time. | 大家都这样那时是 70年代后期嘛 |
[17:14] | Mr. Monk, Ms. Fleming, I’m Phil Bedard. | 那时社会混乱嘛 Monk先生 Fleming女士 我是Phil Beta |
[17:16] | Oh, hello. Thank you so much for seeing us. | 你好 谢谢你能来见我们 |
[17:19] | Yes. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:23] | This is, uh… | 这是 |
[17:24] | Oh, oh, I’m so sorry. Uh, this is, uh, Vince. | 这是 抱歉 这是Vens |
[17:27] | He… He’s our friend. | 我们的朋友 |
[17:28] | Do they really make money here? | 这里真的印钞票吗? |
[17:30] | Yes, they do. | 是的 |
[17:31] | This is the second-largest mint in the country. | 这是全国第二大印钞厂 |
[17:33] | You got any free samples? | 你有免费的样币吗? |
[17:35] | That’s funny. I’ve never heard that one. | 真好笑 我从来没有听说过 |
[17:37] | Anyway, sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉 让你们久等了 |
[17:39] | It takes forever to get through security these days | 就是这些天的安检非常复杂 |
[17:41] | after last week. | 自从上周就这样了 |
[17:42] | What happened last week? | 自从上周就这样了 上周出什么事了? |
[17:43] | We came up 5 cents short. | 少了五分钱 |
[17:45] | All this for 5 cents? | 安检都是因为少五分钱? |
[17:48] | Well, they weren’t just any 5 cents. | 那可不是一般的五分钱 |
[17:49] | They were five coins that were accidentally misstamped… | 那可是错版的五分钱 |
[17:52] | Heads on both sides. | 两面都是人头 |
[17:53] | Hmm. Were they valuable? | 值钱吗? |
[17:56] | Maybe to a collector. | 对于收藏家可能就值钱 |
[17:57] | There’s a lot of nuts out there. | 现在什么疯子都有 |
[17:59] | You can say you got a license to print money. | 这么说你有印钞票的执照了? |
[18:02] | Yeah, and that is original as well. | 是啊 还是执照正本呢 |
[18:10] | A 4-letter word for infatuation. | 由四个字母组成的 描写糊涂的单词是什么? |
[18:13] | Are you any good at these? | 你擅长字谜吗? |
[18:14] | Nope. Can’t do crossword puzzles. | 不擅长 我做不了字谜 |
[18:18] | So you witnessed the massacre, right? | 这么说你目睹了大屠杀? |
[18:20] | Uh, not exactly. | 没有 |
[18:22] | Like I told the police, I was across the street. | 没有 就像我对警察说的一样 我那时穿过马路 |
[18:24] | I saw three men go inside, and then I heard the gunshots. | 我看到三个男子进去 然后就传来了枪声 |
[18:28] | Don’t look now, but we’re being followed. | 现在别回头 我们被跟踪了 |
[18:31] | Don’t look back, I said… don’t, didn’t I? | 别回头 我叫你别回头 |
[18:34] | – Where is he? – Black leather jacket. | 他在哪里? 穿黑皮衣的那个 |
[18:36] | He’s been following us since we left the mint. | 我们一出印钞厂 他就一直跟着我们 |
[18:38] | I’ll take care of him. | 我来对付他 |
[18:39] | No, it’s okay. He works for the mint. Just ignore him. | 我来对付他 不要 他是印钞厂的 别理他 |
[18:42] | They follow employees at random as we leave the building. | 只要印钞厂的员工离开大楼 他们都会随机跟踪的 |
[18:46] | Now you got two babysitters. | 现在你有两个保姆了 |
[18:48] | These… These three men that you saw, | 你看到的那些人 |
[18:50] | what… what did they look like? | 长什么样子? |
[18:53] | I never got a good look at their faces. | 我没有看清他们的脸 |
[18:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:56] | What were they wearing? | 他们穿什么衣服? |
[18:58] | Uh, jackets. | 夹克 |
[18:59] | One… One guy had number 15 on the back. | 夹克 有个人的后面有数字l5 |
[19:03] | Like a ballplayer? | 球衣上的那种? |
[19:05] | No, uh… | 不是 |
[19:08] | It was… it was written funny. | 有点古怪 |
[19:11] | Written… | 写得古怪? |
[19:12] | Written funny. Like… | |
[19:15] | Like this? | 像这样? |
[19:18] | Did it look like this? | 看上去像这样吗? |
[19:21] | Maybe. Yeah. | 好像是 |
[19:24] | Chinese gang. | 华人黑帮坦格斯 |
[19:25] | The Tongs… that’s their symbol. | 那是他们的记号 |
[19:27] | Yeah, now that you mention it, | 对 既然你现在提到了 |
[19:28] | they… they could have been Asian. | 他们是亚洲人 |
[19:33] | But everyone else is going. | 但是大家去 |
[19:35] | Benjy, I told you, money is tight right now. | Benjy 我都说了 我们现在手头不宽裕 |
[19:37] | We can only afford basic necessities. | 我们只买得起基本的生活必需品 |
[19:39] | This is a basic necessity to me. | 对我来说这就是必需品 |
[19:42] | It’s a theme park. | 可那是主题公园 |
[19:43] | It costs an arm and a leg just to walk in. | 门票都贵得离谱 |
[19:48] | Look, I’m sorry, okay? | 对不起 |
[19:50] | Maybe next time. Sharona Fleming? | 下次再去吧 |
[19:56] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[20:04] | – Thank you. – Sure. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[20:16] | Well… | 看来你可以去了 |
[20:18] | looks like you’re going. | 看来你可以去了 |
[20:19] | Your father sent us a check. | 你爸爸给我们寄钱来了 |
[20:21] | – For how much? – For everything, | 多少钱? |
[20:23] | plus four months in advance. | 这个月的钱 还预支四个月的 |
[20:26] | What’s that? | 什么声音? |
[20:31] | What is he doing? | |
[20:36] | Hey, Norm. | |
[20:39] | It’s good as new. | 和新车一样 |
[20:40] | Actually, it’s better than new. | 和新车一样 比新车还好 |
[20:42] | I left the keys under the mat, okay? | 我把钥匙留在垫子底下知道吗? |
[20:44] | You take checks? | 你收支票吗? |
[20:46] | Uh, no charge. No charge at all. | 你收支票吗? 免费的 一切免费 |
[20:48] | It was my pleasure. My pleasure. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[20:50] | Now, I’ve got to get back to the garage, | 我要回车行了 |
[20:51] | so you have a really nice day, okay? | 祝你今天愉快 |
[20:53] | Okay? See you later. Bye. | 回见 再见 |
[20:55] | Wow, you must have a fairy godmother or something. | 哇 你一定是有了个神仙教母 |
[21:01] | Who’s that? | 是谁啊? |
[21:04] | My fairy godmother. | 我的神仙教母 |
[21:09] | You know, I’m… I’m really glad | 我真的很高兴 |
[21:11] | that your boss changed his mind about helping my Uncle Sal. | 你的老板改变了主意 – |
[21:14] | How’s it going? | 肯帮助我叔叔 – 调查怎样了? |
[21:15] | Oh, it’s going good. Really good. | 顺利 非常顺利 |
[21:18] | We have a couple of leads. | 有了一些线素 |
[21:20] | The… The guy at the mint, uh… | 印钞厂那个伙计 |
[21:22] | Do you think he’s involved? | 你觉得案子和他有关吗? |
[21:24] | Well, we checked him out, | 我们调查了他 |
[21:25] | and he has no mob connections at all. | 他和黑帮没有瓜葛 |
[21:28] | No motive. | 没有动机 |
[21:33] | Did you really lose 55 pounds? | 你真的减了55磅吗? |
[21:37] | You know, it was easy. I just… | 简单得很 |
[21:40] | got used to being hungry. | 我习惯了挨饿 |
[21:42] | I-I realized that no food tastes as good as being thin feels. | 我意识到 世上没有食物能比瘦身的滋味好 |
[21:46] | Except for this. | 除了这个 |
[21:49] | You know what? | 知道吗? 我真的认为 |
[21:51] | I really think you should talk to your uncle about your nickname. | 知道吗? 我真的认为 你应该找你的叔叔改绰号 |
[21:53] | It… It doesn’t fit you anymore. | 它已经不适合你了 |
[21:57] | I thought about it, but… | 我想过了 |
[21:59] | Uncle Sal is from another century, you know? | 但是叔叔是老古董 |
[22:02] | He’s kind of set in his ways. | 他就是我行我素的人 |
[22:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:05] | I get the feeling Mr. Monk’s the same way. | 我也是这样认为Monk先生的 |
[22:07] | Well, he’s either from another century | 他要不是老古董 |
[22:09] | or another planet. I can’t decide. | 要不就是外星人 我说不准 |
[22:16] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你问题吗? |
[22:18] | Sure. | 可以 |
[22:20] | How did you get my ex to send me a check? | 你怎么让我前夫给我寄钱的? |
[22:25] | I just called him up, had a little chat. | 我给他打电话 聊了一下 |
[22:28] | I can be very persuasive. | 我的口才很好的 |
[22:30] | No, I-I was just afraid that, um… | 不是 我只是担心 |
[22:32] | That what? | 担心什么? |
[22:34] | That I’d hurt him? | 担心我伤害他‘ |
[22:36] | Come on, Sharona. Who do you think I am? | 行了吧 Sharona 你以为我是谁啊 |
[22:39] | – That’s a good question. – Well, I’m not my uncle. | 问得好 |
[22:42] | Okay? I just run some errands for him, | 我又不像我叔叔 我只是给他当差罢了 |
[22:45] | you know, to pay my tuition. | 打工赚学费而已 |
[22:47] | I’m going to night school, Sharona. | 我要上夜校了 Sharona |
[22:49] | By this time next year, I will have my MBA. | 明年的这个时候 我就能拿到MBA文凭了 |
[22:52] | Really? | 真的? |
[22:53] | Yeah, I’m going to hopefully have my own business. | 真的? |
[22:56] | Oh. Doing what? | 我很有希望能有自己的事业 什么事业? |
[22:59] | – Okay, promise you won’t laugh. – Oh, of course not. | 保证你不会取笑我? 当然不会 |
[23:03] | I really want to open a bookstore. | 我真的想开个书店 |
[23:06] | Bookstore. | 书店? |
[23:09] | Okay, you sound a little disappointed. | 你好假有点失望了 |
[23:11] | What, you… you’d prefer me to be a real badass, | 你希望我是个地痞流氓? |
[23:14] | you know, a gangster, like you see on TV, huh? | 或者像电视上的黑社会? |
[23:18] | No. I’m not disappointed. | 不 我不失望 |
[23:21] | Not at all. | 一点都不 |
[23:29] | Uh, yeah, um, excuse me. | 打搅了 |
[23:31] | We’re looking for Jimmy Lu. | 我们找Jimmy Lu |
[23:35] | Um, you… you speak English? | 你会说英语吗? |
[23:41] | Send them in. | 带他们进来 |
[23:46] | Mr. Lu. My name is Adrian… | Lu先生 我叫 |
[23:48] | I know who you are, Mr. Monk. | 我知道你叫Monk |
[23:51] | I know who you’re working for. | 我知道你找谁 |
[23:53] | I also know you’ve been asking people about me. Why? | 我还知道你四处打听我 为什么? |
[23:57] | Um, is this your jacket? | 这是你的夹克? |
[23:59] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[24:01] | Yeah, well, a man was seen wearing a jacket like this | 没错 对了 |
[24:03] | in Salvatore Lucarelli’s barbershop | 有人看见 Sarvetory Lucreli的理发店发生枪杀之前 |
[24:06] | just before the murders. | 杀手就穿着这样的夹克 |
[24:08] | It wasn’t me or my crew. Someone’s lying… | 不是我或者我的手下干的 |
[24:12] | Or setting me up. | 有人在撒谎 陷害我 |
[24:13] | Excuse me, um, I’ve been working on this puzzle. | 打搅了 我一直在解这个字谜 |
[24:17] | Maybe you can help me out. | 也许你能帮我 |
[24:18] | Blank “Jaworski”… It’s, uh, four letters. | 空格 |
[24:22] | Any… Any ideas? | 伽沃斯基 |
[24:23] | 98… | 四个字母的 有什么主意吗? |
[24:25] | No. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:27] | 99… | 没有 |
[24:32] | Uh, are you… are you stopping? | 你要停了? |
[24:35] | Are you stopping? You just… you did 99. | 你要停了? 你刚做了99个啊 |
[24:38] | You can’t just stop. | 你现在不能停啊 |
[24:39] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[24:41] | Well, it’s not… It’s just… It’s not right. | 这样做是不对的 |
[24:44] | Why don’t you do one more? | 你为什么不再多做点? |
[24:46] | 99 is plenty. 99 is my record. | 99已经很多了 99是我的记录 |
[24:49] | Uh, Mr. Lu, | Lu先生 |
[24:51] | have you ever been to Salvatore’s barbershop? | 你去过Sarvetory的理发店吗? |
[24:54] | Let’s just make it an even 100. | 做到l00个吧 |
[24:56] | Come on, one more. One more. | 再来一个 |
[24:58] | Sharona, give him a little boost there. | Sharona 给他加油 |
[25:00] | I’m not giving him a boost. | 我才不加油 |
[25:01] | How many can you do, Mr. Monk? | 你能做多少个 Monk先生? |
[25:03] | I don’t know. But I know this… | 不知道 但是我知道 |
[25:04] | if I ever did 99, I-I wouldn’t stop. | 要是我能做99个 我就不会停下 |
[25:08] | I’d dig down… deep down. | 我会坚持做下去 |
[25:12] | All right. | |
[25:13] | I’ll do one more… | 好吧 |
[25:15] | Oh, please. | 我再多做一个 |
[25:16] | Because you’re a friend of Salvatore’s. | 因为你是Sarvetory的朋友 |
[25:18] | Tell Salvatore I’m sorry about what happened. | 转告SarvetorySarvetory 我为大屠杀感到难过 |
[25:22] | It’s bad business. | 真是坏事啊 |
[25:24] | Bad for everybody. | 对大家都不利 |
[25:26] | No. No. You just did two. | 不 你做了两个了 |
[25:29] | Why did you do that? Now he’s gotta do 99 more. | – 你为什么要这么做? – 你现在得再多做99个了 |
[25:31] | Now you have to do 99 more. | 得再做99个了 |
[25:33] | I’m just… I’m exhausted. | 我累死了 |
[25:36] | – Aah! – Look out! | 跑! |
[25:38] | Go! Go! | 跑! |
[25:44] | Well, congratulations, Mr. Monk. | 恭喜啊 Monk先生 |
[25:46] | You just about started a mob war. | 你差点引发黑帮火拼 |
[25:48] | What about them… your undercover agents? | 他们怎么办?你的卧底特工 |
[25:49] | They were almost killed in that fire. | 他们差点在那次火险中丧命 |
[25:51] | – Please, no, they weren’t. – My shirt was singed. | 他们不会的 |
[25:53] | You saw it. It was all singed. My sleeve… | 我的衬衣都被烧焦了 你看到了 我的袖子被烧焦了 |
[25:55] | Why did you tell Salvatore that you thought the Tongs | 你为什么告诉Sarvetory |
[25:57] | were behind the barbershop massacre? | 坦格斯帮是理发店大屠杀的幕后黑手 |
[25:59] | – You knew he’d go ballistic. – We didn’t tell Salvatore anything. | 你知道他会用杀了他们的 我们什么都没有告诉Sarvetory |
[26:02] | Vinnie Spaghetti obviously heard you talking about it. | 没有?! Veney |
[26:04] | I’m not so sure Salvatore had anything to do with this fire. | Spagitor明明听到了你说了 我不确定Sarvetory和这起纵火案 有什么关系 |
[26:08] | A molotov cocktail doesn’t really seem like his style, does it? | 燃烧弹 不像是他的风格 |
[26:12] | Really? Then who was it then? | 是吗? |
[26:14] | – Who was it? – “Don’t know.” | 那是谁的风格? 不知道 |
[26:16] | Hey, this has been oodles of fun. | 这简直是荒唐 |
[26:18] | Sorry it didn’t work out. We’re outta here. | 可惜没有奏效 |
[26:19] | No, wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 我们走了 非常感谢你 不 慢着 |
[26:23] | Just… We could use this, all right? | 我们可以利用这件事 |
[26:26] | What if you get Salvatore to admit on tape | 要是你让Sarvetory在录音中承认 |
[26:30] | – that he ordered the attack? – On tape. | 是他下令袭击的话 那不就可以了? |
[26:33] | What, you want him to wear a wire? | 录音? 你要给他装窃听器? |
[26:34] | Are you insane? | 你要给他装窃听器? 你疯了吗? 要是被Sarvetory知道 他会被处死的 |
[26:35] | If Salvatore finds a wire on him, he’ll slit his throat. | 你疯了吗? 要是被Sarvetory知道 他会被处死的 |
[26:38] | – Or he’d have Fat Tony do it. – He’s not fat. | 要不就是让胖子Tony下手 他不胖 |
[26:41] | If you do this, | 要是你这么做 |
[26:43] | it won’t just be me supporting your reinstatement, all right? | 不光可以有助于你复职 知道吗? |
[26:46] | It’ll be the Attorney General. | 你还会当上检察长 |
[26:50] | Okay, okay. | 好 |
[26:52] | Here’s the thing. | 我先说明白了 |
[26:53] | I can’t have anything taped to my chest. | 我的胸口上绝对不能装窃听器 |
[26:58] | Oh, that’s fine. | 好的 我给你看看这个 |
[26:59] | Come here, let me show you this. | 好的 我给你看看这个 |
[27:01] | Uh, you see, these days, | 现在 |
[27:04] | we can put a transmitter just about anywhere on the human body. | 我们可以将窃听器装到人体的任何部位 |
[27:07] | We have six options. | 你有六个选择 |
[27:11] | Number one… is out. | 第一个免谈 |
[27:14] | Number two… | 第二个 |
[27:16] | Uh… | |
[27:18] | You wouldn’t actually shave me there, would you? | 你不会真的把我的毛给剃了吧? |
[27:21] | Yeah. | |
[27:22] | Okay. No thank you. | 算了 谢谢 |
[27:23] | Number three… | 第三个 |
[27:25] | What if you have to sit down? | 要是你坐下怎么办? |
[27:27] | Right. Good point. | 有道理 |
[27:29] | Number four… | 第四个 |
[27:37] | Even if I die, | 打死我也不能让他们用第四个方案 |
[27:38] | don’t let them do number four. | |
[27:42] | Number five. | 第五个 |
[27:44] | I’ll do… Okay, I’ll… I’ll try that. | 我就选这个 |
[27:46] | That’s only for women. | 那是女人才用的 |
[27:48] | – Oh, right. – Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[27:51] | Uh, number six. | 对 第六个 |
[27:53] | Number six… I can do that. | 第六个可以接受 |
[27:56] | Number six? Great. | – 第六个? – 好 |
[27:58] | Not four. | 不要第四个 |
[28:03] | Don’t touch that, please. | 请不要碰那个 |
[28:10] | – Randy. – Sorry. | Randy 对不起 |
[28:12] | Hey, hey, Joey. | 嘿Joy |
[28:14] | Hey, Sal. | 嘿Joy |
[28:15] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你的光临 |
[28:17] | He was a sweet kid. | |
[28:19] | Yes, he was. | 他是个好孩子 是的 |
[28:20] | I gave him his first job, | 是的 是我带他出道的 |
[28:22] | collecting for me after school on his bicycle. | 放学后骑单车 帮我收集东西 |
[28:25] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[28:27] | I was there when he stole that bike. | 我记得 他偷车的时候我在场 |
[28:32] | Testing. | 试音 |
[28:33] | Testing, testing… | 试音 试音 |
[28:34] | Leave it alone. | 试音 别动它了 |
[28:36] | Mr. Monk, Sharona. I’m so glad you could come. | Monk先生 Sharona 你们能来真是太好了 |
[28:41] | Well, we’re so sorry about your loss. | 你失去亲人真是让我们难过 |
[28:44] | Uh, how was the service? | 葬礼如何? |
[28:46] | It was heartbreaking. | 真是心碎啊 |
[28:50] | I’m gonna have to frisk you. | 我要搜查你们 |
[28:52] | You understand. | 你们理解吧 |
[28:54] | Oh, sure. | 你们理解吧 啊 |
[28:56] | Mm… | 这当然 嗯 |
[28:57] | Mr. Monk. | 嗯 Monk先生 |
[29:06] | That is a very nice tie. | 这领带真有型啊 |
[29:08] | It’s mine. I’ve had it for… years. | 是我的 我已经戴了很多年了 |
[29:16] | Well, uh, who’s next? | 接下来到谁了 |
[29:27] | You’re very thorough. | 你检查得真彻底啊 |
[29:31] | Please. | 请 |
[29:33] | Adrian, Sharona. | 请 Adrian |
[29:35] | Thank you for coming. | Sharona 谢谢两位的光临 |
[29:37] | Salvatore, how you holding up? | Sarvetory 今天情况可好? |
[29:39] | I buried five good men today. | 今天我亲手埋葬了四个好人 |
[29:42] | But I’ll survive. I always do. | 但是我还死不了 |
[29:45] | It’s my curse. | 这是我的报应 |
[29:48] | You’re… missing a knife. | 你的刀不见了一把 |
[29:51] | It’s not missing. I know where it is. | 没有不见 我知道我放在哪里 |
[29:54] | Try this scungilli. | 尝尝章鱼肉吧 |
[29:55] | No. Uh, no, no thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[29:57] | I made it myself. | 我自己做的 |
[29:58] | Oh, I’d love some. Thank you. | 我自己做的 – 那我要试试 – 谢谢 |
[30:02] | Octopus. | 章鱼肉 |
[30:07] | I must have this recipe. | 我喜欢吃这种东西 |
[30:10] | You didn’t even taste it. | 你还没有尝呢 |
[30:18] | Oh, this is delicious. | 太差味了 |
[30:19] | I must… I must have this recipe. | 我一定喜欢这东西 |
[30:26] | So, um, | 嗯 |
[30:27] | so, Salvatore, | |
[30:30] | um, I guess you heard about the, uh, | 我想你听说 |
[30:33] | the firebombing in… in Chinatown. | 唐人街的燃烧弹的事情了 |
[30:38] | You just nodded. Yes? | 你点头了? |
[30:40] | Right. | 对 |
[30:42] | You have any theories about who might have… | 对 你对凶手有什么看法啊? |
[30:44] | Might have done that? | 可能是谁干的呢? |
[30:46] | Theories? Theories are for smart guys like you. | 看法? 像你这样的聪明人才要看法 |
[30:48] | I don’t need theories. I know who did it. | 我不需要看法 我知道是谁干的 |
[30:50] | A couple of kids from L.A. | 洛杉矶来的小混混 |
[30:52] | A couple of wannabes trying to impress me. | 一些想出位的混混想讨好我 |
[30:54] | I took care of them. | 我已经摆平他们了 |
[30:56] | So you didn’t do the firebombing. | 我已经摆平他们了 这么说你没有制造燃烧弹案? |
[30:57] | When I want Jimmy Lu dead, believe me, he’ll know it. | 如果我要Jimmy.Lu死 他会知道的 |
[31:01] | Hey, Luigi. | 嘿Lugi |
[31:05] | What? | 什么? |
[31:12] | Uh, what is that? Get on that now. | – 什么声音? – 马上处理 |
[31:21] | – Right, right, try this. – Is it the tape player? | 那是 是录音机的噪音吗? |
[31:26] | – Wait, wait, I think I got it. – What, what, what? | 慢着 我解决了 怎么回事? 我没解决 |
[31:34] | It’s still there. It’s there. | 污渍还在 |
[31:36] | Now it’s a water stain. | 现在是水渍了 |
[31:42] | It’s gone. | 不见了 |
[31:48] | There’s something bothering me about this case. | 这个案子真是让我头疼 |
[31:51] | I can’t put my finger on it, but I would love | 我根本就无从下手 |
[31:53] | to get back to that barbershop. | 但是我想回到理发店去 |
[31:55] | I’ll go with you. | 我跟你去 |
[31:57] | I haven’t been back since it happened. | 我跟你去 自从出事后我就没去过那里 |
[31:58] | Oh, well, you know, it’s an official crime scene. | 你知道的 那是案发现场 |
[32:02] | They don’t let civilians in. | 警察不让平民进入的 |
[32:05] | Maybe they’ll make an exception. | 也许他们会网开一面的 |
[32:07] | I’ll make a call. | 我打电话 |
[32:08] | Okay… but you’d be wasting your time. | 好 但你是在浪费时间 |
[32:10] | ‘Cause they never let any… anybody in. | 因为他们不会让任何人进去的 |
[32:14] | No. | |
[32:16] | What’s he doing? | |
[32:18] | Thinking. | 他在干什么? 思考 |
[32:20] | Brainpower… do you see that? | 大脑的力量 看到了吗? |
[32:22] | That is the way to solve a problem. | 这才是解决问题的方式 |
[32:24] | Maybe we ought to try more of that. | 也许我们应该多动脑筋 |
[32:26] | Fewer people to bury. | 那样就不会死这么多人了 |
[32:28] | The mystery man is here, doing the crossword puzzle. | 神秘人物在这里 做字谜游戏 |
[32:31] | They grab the gumball machine… | 他们抓起糖果机 |
[32:33] | Run out the back… | 跑到后门 |
[32:39] | They could have grabbed anything. | 他们可以抓别的东西的 |
[32:42] | Why the gumball machine? | 为什么偏偏抓糖果机? |
[32:44] | Why the gumball machine? | 为什么是糖果机? |
[32:46] | Sharona | Sharona. The crime scene photos. |
[32:49] | Here. | 案发现场照片 |
[32:56] | Mr. Lucarelli, can I say something? | Lu先生 我能发言吗? |
[33:00] | Your nephew Tony here is in really great shape. | 你的侄子Tony体型非常出色 |
[33:03] | Oh, come on, Sharona… | 得了吧 Sharona |
[33:04] | I mean, he’s lost a ton of weight, | 他减肥了不少 |
[33:06] | and he kept it off, which is really the hard part, so… | 这么困难的事情他都办到了 |
[33:10] | Don’t you think he should have a different nickname? | 所以 您不认为 |
[33:11] | Uncle Sal, I didn’t say anything. | 他应该换个绰号了吗? Sel叔叔 我什么都没说过 |
[33:13] | He’s always been Fat Tony ever since he was a kid. | 他自从小时候就叫胖子Tony |
[33:16] | Yeah, I know, but look at him. | 我知道 但是你看看他 |
[33:18] | What about big Tony? That’s pretty close. | – 叫大Tony如何呢? – 非常贴切嘛 |
[33:21] | We already got a Big Tony. | 已经有大Tony了 |
[33:23] | – Who? – Big Tony. | 谁? 大Tony |
[33:26] | This conversation is over. In fact, it never happened. | 此次谈话到此结束 事实上 没那回事 |
[33:29] | Oh, that’s a shame. | 真是可惜 |
[33:30] | It’s not here. | 真是可惜 不在这里 |
[33:32] | Wh-what’s not here? | 不在这里 什么不在这里 |
[33:33] | The gumball machine. | 糖果机 |
[33:34] | Well, they used it to smash the window, | 糖果机 他们用来砸破窗户 |
[33:36] | – then took off down the alley. – I know, but where is it? | 带到了小巷里 但是在哪里? |
[33:39] | These pictures were taken that morning. | 这些照片是那个早上拍的 |
[33:43] | But it’s not in the street. | 糖果机不在街上啊 |
[33:46] | It’s not in the back room. | 也不在后屋里 |
[33:50] | They must have taken it with them. | 凶手一定是带走了 |
[33:52] | Why would they do that? | 为什么要带走? |
[34:01] | Sarvetory Salvatore, sir, | |
[34:03] | what happened here… these murders… | 先生 这里所发生的事情 |
[34:05] | Had nothing to do with you or your family. | 这谋杀案和您 或者您的家族毫无关系 |
[34:09] | It was all… | 都是因为这个玩意 |
[34:12] | about these. | |
[34:19] | Gumballs. | 糖果 |
[34:22] | Gumballs? | 糖果? |
[34:30] | Hey, Phil, how you doing? | 嘿 Phil |
[34:31] | Remember us? | 你好啊? 还记得我们吗? |
[34:33] | You said you didn’t like crossword puzzles. | 你说你不喜欢字谜游戏的 |
[34:37] | I thought I’d try one. | 我想试试 |
[34:39] | You’re pretty good. | 你很棒啊 |
[34:41] | Greek vowel, four letters, | 希腊语元音 |
[34:43] | beginning with “I.” | 四个字母 |
[34:45] | Iota. I-O-T-A. | I开头的 |
[34:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:49] | I like puzzles, too. | 我也喜欢字谜 |
[34:50] | I’ve been working on a pretty tough one. | 我一直在做一个难度非常大的字谜 |
[34:53] | It involves you, Mr. Bedard. | 牵扯到你Beta先生 |
[34:56] | That’s you, isn’t it? | 那就是你 对吧? |
[34:58] | It was taken in front of the barbershop | 那是在理发店前拍摄的 |
[34:59] | the day before the massacre. | 就在大屠杀前一天 |
[35:01] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[35:02] | That’s a pretty big bubble, Phil. | 你吹的泡泡真大啊 |
[35:04] | You must’ve bought, what, four, maybe five, gumballs? | 你一定是买了四五个泡泡糖吧? |
[35:08] | It was five. Five gumballs. | 五颗 五颗糖果. |
[35:10] | Here’s what happened… | 事情是这样的 |
[35:12] | You stole five cents from your employer last week. | 上周你从你的雇主那里偷走了五个分币 |
[35:15] | On any other job, no one would miss it. | 然后就辞职不干 以为不会有人想起的 |
[35:17] | Of course, you work for the U.S. Mint. | 当然了 你是为美国印钞厂工作 |
[35:19] | They were those five double-headed pennies. | 而你偷的是双面人头的错版硬币 |
[35:22] | We did a little research. | 我们调查了一番 |
[35:24] | They’re worth $200,000 each. | 硬币每枚价值20万美元 |
[35:27] | One of their security guards must’ve followed you. | 其中一个保安 |
[35:30] | You panicked. | 一定是跟踪了你 你害怕了 |
[35:31] | You had to get rid of those coins. | 你要把那些硬币藏起来 |
[35:33] | You needed to hide them for a day or two, but where? | 要藏起来一两天 但是藏哪里呢? |
[35:36] | The gumball machine. It was perfect. | 糖果机 |
[35:38] | You figured you’d come back when the coast was clear | 太完美了 你想等风声过后 |
[35:41] | and pick them up. | 再回来取回硬币 |
[35:42] | But you had no idea that the barbershop | 但是你想不到的是 |
[35:44] | was a front for the mob. | 那理发店是黑帮的门面 |
[35:46] | You found out, though… the next day, | 但是你发觉了 第二天 |
[35:49] | when you tried to steal the machine. | 当你试图盗走糖果机的时候 |
[35:51] | – I’ll be right back. – Take your time. | 我马上回来 不着急 |
[35:53] | So was it the barber that tried to stop you? | 所以 理发师想 |
[35:58] | Or maybe it was a customer. | 阻止你? 或者是顾客做的 |
[36:07] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么啊? |
[36:08] | Whoever it was, they had a gun… | 他们有枪在身 |
[36:10] | Which you somehow managed to grab, | 于是你就去抢人家的枪 |
[36:12] | and then all hell broke loose. | 然后就走火了 |
[36:46] | All for five pennies. | 全都是五枚硬币惹的祸 |
[36:49] | That’s a penny for every person you killed. | 你为了五枚硬币杀死了五个人 |
[36:52] | Then you said you witnessed the attack | 然后你还说你目睹了枪击 |
[36:54] | so that you could steer everyone… me, the cops, the Lucarelli family… | 以便蒙蔽大家 蒙蔽我 警察 还有Lucreli家族 |
[36:59] | toward that gang in Chinatown. | 并且嫁祸给唐人街的黑帮 |
[37:02] | I didn’t want to hurt anyone. | 我并不想伤害任何人 |
[37:05] | Those idiots pulled out their guns. | 是那些白痴拔出枪来 |
[37:07] | It was an accident. Things just got out of hand. | 那是纯粹是一场意外 情况失去了控制 |
[37:10] | Anyway, who’s going to miss them? | 反正又不会有谁会怀念他们 |
[37:12] | They’re gangsters, like you said. | 他们都是黑社会 你说过的 |
[37:14] | Well, accident or not, you’re going to jail. | 不管是不是意外 你都要坐牢 |
[37:17] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | 是吗? 是的 |
[37:20] | How are you going to prove any of this without the pennies? | 没有硬币 你们怎么作证? |
[37:24] | Did you get that, guys? | 你们找到了吗? |
[37:26] | What are you doing? | 你干什么啊? |
[37:27] | See that van over there? | 看到那边的货车了吗? |
[37:29] | Okay, fellas. You can pick him up now. | 好了 伙计们 现在可以抓他了 |
[37:32] | Hello. | 喂 行动了 |
[37:34] | Here we go. | 喂 行动了 |
[37:38] | Watch this. | 看好了 |
[37:40] | Let’s go! | 行动 |
[37:41] | Here we go. | 行动啊 |
[37:43] | Now. | 上啊 |
[37:46] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 你看好他了 |
[37:47] | – Just keep an eye on him. – Yeah, yeah. | 失陪一下 你看好他了 好 |
[37:53] | Why don’t you finish your puzzle? | 你何不完成你的字谜? |
[37:55] | What… What are you doing? He just confessed. | 他干什么啊? 他都认罪了 |
[37:58] | He did? | – 是吗? – 你们没听到啊? |
[37:59] | – Didn’t you hear that? – No. | – 是吗? – 你们没听到啊? |
[38:01] | No, we got nothing but static. | 没有 我们只接收到了噪音 |
[38:04] | Your necktie… What happened to the stain? | 你的领带 那污渍怎么了? |
[38:06] | I finally got it out. | 我终于除去了 |
[38:08] | What did you do to the tie? | 你把领带怎么了? |
[38:10] | I washed it… | 洗了 |
[38:12] | Ironed it. | 熨了 |
[38:13] | Excuse me. Ironed it? | 什么? 熨了? |
[38:15] | Are you insane? That transmitter cost $20,000. | 你疯了吗? 那窃听器价值两万块啊 |
[38:19] | – But the stain is out. – Great, great, we blew it. | 但是污渍去掉了 |
[38:22] | Maybe we can trick him into saying it again. | 太好了 我们搞砸了 我们再骗他说一次吧 |
[38:24] | Oh, really? How are we gonna do that? | 怎么骗啊? |
[38:26] | Well, I’ll just go back there, sit down, and say… | 我回去坐下说 |
[38:29] | “What?” | 你刚才说什么? |
[38:31] | It might be worth a try. | 也许值得一试 |
[38:33] | Okay, okay, I-I did it! It was me! | 好了! 是我干的 |
[38:36] | All right? I confess! Just… Just let me in! | 我坦白! 让我上车吧! |
[38:38] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[38:41] | I did it, all right? | 是我干的 是我偷的 |
[38:43] | I stole it. I stole the pennies, and I shot the place up, | 是我干的 是我偷的 我偷了硬币还有杀了那些人 |
[38:46] | so… just arrest me. | 你们逮捕我吧 |
[38:47] | What are you waiting for? | 你们还等什么 |
[38:51] | What the… | 怎么… |
[39:00] | He’s very persuasive. | 他的口才了得 |
[39:12] | Sharona. You still seeing Tony? | Sharona 你还和Tony约会吗? |
[39:15] | Yeah. So? | 约啊 怎么了? |
[39:17] | I’ve been logging these surveillance tapes from last week. | 约啊 怎么了? 自从上周开始我一直在监控 |
[39:20] | This is from Salvatore’s car Tuesday night. | 这是周二晚上 从Sarvetory的车上传来的 |
[39:24] | I think you should hear it. | 你应该听听 |
[39:28] | So, what’s with you and the nurse? | 你和那个护士发生了什么风流韵事? |
[39:30] | Just having a few laughs, you know me. | 只是有说有笑而已 你了解我的 |
[39:32] | Hey, get this… I told her I’m gonna open up a bookstore. | 我说 我要开书店 |
[39:35] | You? Ha ha ha. I’ve never even seen you inside a bookstore. | 就凭你? 你从来没见你进过书店 |
[39:40] | What was I gonna tell her… the truth? | 那你要我跟她说实话啊? |
[39:42] | That I’m your enforcer, that I hurt people for a living? | 说我是你的打手? 说我靠打人生活? |
[39:44] | And she bought it? | 她信了吗? |
[39:46] | Hey, they always buy it. You know why? | 她们一般都信 知道为什么吗? |
[39:48] | ‘Cause I tell ’em what they want to hear. | 因为我说的都是她们想听的话 |
[39:52] | You okay? | 没事吧你? |
[39:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:04] | Thanks, Randy. | 谢谢 Randy |
[40:09] | Maybe you won’t make such fun of me all the time now, huh? | 以后你不要再取笑我了好吗? |
[40:12] | No chance of that. | 想都别想 |
[40:28] | So, Colmes, where are you going? | Kolms先生 你上哪里? |
[40:30] | Denver. Other fish to fry. | 丹佛 还要钓大鱼 |
[40:32] | What about Monk? You had a deal. | Monk怎么办? 你们说好了的 |
[40:34] | The reinstatement hearing. | 复职听证会? |
[40:36] | Yeah, that was if we nailed Lucarelli. | 对啊 要是我们逮住lucreli就开啊 |
[40:38] | He’s out playing golf today. | 他今天出去打高尔夫去了 |
[40:40] | We just nailed a trigger-happy coin collector, | 我们只逮住了违法的硬币收藏家 |
[40:41] | so the deal is void, captain. | 所以交易无效 队长 |
[40:43] | – You gave him your word. – The deal’s void, captain. | 你答应他了的 交易无效 队长 |
[40:47] | Let me tell you something, Colmes. | 我告诉你吧 Kolms |
[40:50] | Adrian Monk may be afraid of milk and germs | Adrian Monk也许害怕 |
[40:54] | and elevators and puppies, | 牛奶 细菌 电梯和小狗 |
[40:57] | but you… you couldn’t pack that man’s lunch. | 但是你 你不能明摆着欺负他 |
[41:02] | Uh, that’s true, actually. | 没错 |
[41:04] | I’ve seen that man pack a lunch. | 我见过他被人欺负了 |
[41:06] | He’s insane. | 他脑子有毛病 |
[41:07] | It was great working with you, captain. | 和你合作真愉快 队长 |
[41:19] | He’s not gonna help me, is he? | 他不帮忙 是吧? |
[41:21] | No. I’m sorry. | 不帮 对不起 |
[41:23] | I guess I never really expected him to. | 我想我根本没有指望过他 |
[41:25] | Never trust a fed. | 决不能相信联邦特工 |
[41:28] | I should’ve decked him. | 我真该处分他 |
[41:29] | No. Don’t worry. I got him back. | 别担心 我会报仇的 |
[41:33] | Really? What’d you do? | 是吗? 怎样报仇? |
[41:34] | See their vans? | 看到他们的货车了吗? |
[41:36] | Yeah? | 看到了 |
[41:37] | One of them is packed full. | 看到了 一辆车装满了货物 |
[41:39] | The other one isn’t even half full. | 另一辆甚至都装不满一半 |
[41:44] | They’re uneven. | 它们是不均衡的 |
[41:45] | I didn’t tell him. I didn’t say a word. | 我没有告诉他 |
[41:48] | I’m just gonna let them drive away like that. | 我就让他们那样开走车子 |
[41:54] | That’ll teach him to mess with us. | 教训他别和我们耍花招 |
[41:56] | Damn straight. | 好样的 |
[41:58] | Yep. | 对 |