时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Here’s another geography question for $1,000. | |
[00:07] | What mountain range separates Casablanca | 和撒哈拉沙漠分开? |
[00:09] | from the Sahara Desert? | A:喜马拉雅山 |
[00:11] | Is it “A,” The Himalayas, “B,” The Atlas Mountains, | B:阿特拉斯山 c:比利牛斯山 |
[00:14] | “C,” The Pyrenees, or “D,” The Aberdare Mountains? | D:阿伯代山 这不能证明什么 |
[00:18] | Doesn’t prove anything. | 这证明了一切 |
[00:19] | It proves everything, and you know it. | 你想再看看吗 |
[00:21] | Do you want to see it again? | 你想再看看吗 不 谢谢 我讨厌看自己的节目 |
[00:22] | No thanks. I hate watching myself on TV. | 不 谢谢 我讨厌看自己的节目 |
[00:24] | Roddy, why did you do it? | Roddy 那你为什么还做这个节目? 你欠过债吗 Lizzie? |
[00:27] | Have you ever been in debt, Lizzie? | 我是说真正的债务 |
[00:29] | And I mean real debt. | 这能改变一切 |
[00:30] | It changes everything. | 没有借口 |
[00:32] | That’s no excuse. | 没有借口 你干什么? |
[00:33] | – What are you doing? – The right thing. | 做我该做的事 |
[00:35] | Look, Lizzie, if this is your way of asking for a raise, | Lizzie 如果这是你提高工资的方法 可以 |
[00:38] | it worked. | 你想要多少? |
[00:40] | Hey, how much do you want? | 我不想要钱 Roddy 我不是你 |
[00:41] | I don’t want money, Roddy. I’m not you. | 好 你不想要钱 想要什么 |
[00:43] | All right, you don’t want money. What do you want? | 我希望晚上可以睡个安稳 |
[00:45] | I want to be able to sleep at night. | 能像过去那样 |
[00:47] | I want to be able to be proud of the show the way I used to be. | 能像过去那样 为自己做的节目自豪 |
[00:52] | What are you going to do, | 你要做的就是 |
[00:54] | slip it under the producer’s door anonymously? | 把这个匿名信放在制片人的门下吗? |
[00:57] | Didn’t even have the courage to write your own name on it. | 你没有勇气把名字写在上面 |
[01:01] | Aw, Lizzie, all right, look, I’m sorry. | Lizzie 好了 对不起 |
[01:03] | Hey, it’ll never happen again. | 永远不会再发生了 |
[01:05] | Damn right it won’t. | 没错 永远不会的! 好 好 你赢了 |
[01:07] | Okay, okay. Look, you win. | 好 好 你赢了 |
[01:10] | I’ll quit the show. | 我放弃这个节目 |
[01:12] | But just give me one day. | 但 给我一天时间 |
[01:15] | Let me do it on my own, | 让我自己来 |
[01:17] | so I can do it with whatever’s left of my dignity. | 给我一点自尊让我自己去做 如果这是骗局 我不会 |
[01:21] | If this is a trick, I don’t… | 不是骗局 |
[01:22] | It’s not a | It’s not a trick. |
[01:24] | I swear to you. Watch… Watch tonight. | trick. 我发誓 今晚看看吧 |
[01:26] | Before the bonus round, I’ll make an announcement. | 在奖金开始之前我有话对大家说 |
[01:31] | God help me. | 上帝保佑 |
[01:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:48] | How about another drink before I walk the plank? | 我做节目之前喝一杯如何? |
[01:51] | Sure. | 好 谢谢你们 欢迎来到财富箱 |
[02:41] | Thank you. Welcome back to “Treasure Chest.” | 我是Roddy Lankman |
[02:43] | I’m Roddy Lankman. | 我是Roddy Lankman 在开始之前 |
[02:44] | Well, before we start the bonus round, | 在开始之前 |
[02:46] | I do have an important announcement to make. | 我有重要的声明 |
[02:48] | It’s about time. | 到时候了 我在这个节目的合同已经到期 |
[02:49] | My contract here at “Treasure Chest” is almost up, | 我在这个节目的合同已经到期 |
[02:52] | and a lot of people have been asking what my plans are. | 很多人问我有什么计划 |
[02:54] | Well, this afternoon, I made a big decision, | 今天中午我作出了重大决定 |
[02:56] | and I’d like to share it with all you people. | 我想对你们说 |
[03:00] | I just signed a new 5-year contract, | 我刚签了5年的合同 |
[03:02] | which means I’m going to be right here | 就是说我还会在这里 |
[03:04] | doing what I always do | 做我一直做的事 |
[03:06] | for as long as they want me to be here. | 只要你们想让我在这里 |
[03:08] | What do you think about that? | 你们认为如何? |
[03:29] | Come on. | 快点 |
[03:30] | Oh, my God. | 哦 快 上帝 |
[04:59] | Oh, this is looking good. | 看来不错 |
[05:00] | – You think so? – Oh, it’s looking fantastic. | 你这样认为吗 看起来很好 |
[05:03] | A little more mayonnaise, | 再来点蛋黄酱 |
[05:05] | a pinch of paprika. | 红辣椒 也许是两个 |
[05:07] | Maybe two pinches. Maybe three pinches. | 也许是三个 |
[05:09] | Okay, that’s perfect. | 太好了 |
[05:10] | Maybe four pinches. | 太好了 也许是四个 |
[05:11] | Okay, Kevin, I think that’s enough. Thank you. | 也许是四个 Kevin 够了 谢谢 |
[05:13] | We are going to need some pepper, | 需要一些胡椒粉 |
[05:15] | and I think I have some upstairs. | 我的楼上有一点 |
[05:17] | Maybe I should bring all my seasonings down here | 如果我们一周都要做饭 |
[05:21] | if we’re going to be cooking all week. | 我要把所有的调料都拿下来 |
[05:22] | All week? | 一周? |
[05:23] | Here’s something you might find interesting… | 一周? 告诉你一件有趣的事 |
[05:25] | This is only the eighth time in my life | 这是我一生第八次 |
[05:27] | I have ever had egg salad. | 吃鸡蛋沙拉 |
[05:29] | Really? | 是吗 |
[05:30] | And how much do you want to bet I can name all eight? | 是吗 你想知道我这八次都是怎么做的吗? |
[05:35] | The first time was in third grade. | 第一次是在三年级 |
[05:38] | I traded sandwiches with a kid named Stuart Kramer. | 我用一个三明治和一个小孩子 换了个鸡蛋沙拉 |
[05:40] | Then three years after that, | 然后三年后 |
[05:42] | my cousin’s confirmation party. | 我侄子的洗礼派对 |
[05:45] | Two years after that, I was in a restaurant. | 两年后 |
[05:47] | I ordered tuna fish. | 我在宾馆里 我点了吞拿鱼 |
[05:49] | – Do you like to laugh? – No, I don’t. | – 你喜欢笑吗? – 不 我不喜欢 |
[05:51] | Get ready to, because I knew it was egg salad. | 准备好笑吧 |
[05:53] | I could smell it, | 因为我知道是鸡蛋沙拉 我能闻到 |
[05:54] | but the waitress kept saying to me, “No, it’s tuna fish.” | 但服务员一直问我 不 |
[05:58] | Phone. | 是吞鱼 电话 |
[05:59] | We’re on number three. Remember where we are. | 我们是三号 记住我们在什么地方 |
[06:01] | Hello? | 喂 |
[06:02] | Oh, Sharona. | Sharona Sharona 你妈妈如何? |
[06:04] | Sharona, how… how’s your mom? | Sharona Sharona 你妈妈如何? |
[06:06] | Oh, good. Oh, thank God. | 好 |
[06:08] | Thank God for modern medicine. | 谢天谢地 感谢现代药物 |
[06:11] | Not… Not too good, actually. | 实际上 不是很好 |
[06:13] | He’s in the kitchen right now | 他在厨房里 |
[06:16] | naming every egg salad sandwich he ever had. | 给他鸡蛋沙拉起名 |
[06:20] | Eight, including today. | 8次了 算上今天的 |
[06:23] | It’s not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[06:26] | Stop… Stop laughing. | 不要笑了 |
[06:29] | Sharona, I don’t… | Sharona 我不知道 |
[06:31] | I don’t know why you asked him to look in on me. | Sharona 我不知道 你为什么让他来看望我 |
[06:33] | I’m not a child. Please stop laughing. | 我不是小孩子了 别笑了 |
[06:37] | Okay, I’ll call you back. Give her my best. | 好 我会给你电话的 祝福你妈妈 |
[06:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:42] | And when you come back… | 你回来时给我带把枪 |
[06:45] | bring a gun. | |
[06:46] | Okay. Bye. | 再见 |
[06:49] | That was Sharona. | 是Sharona |
[06:51] | She won’t be coming back until Monday. | 她到星期一才回来 |
[06:53] | Monday. Wow. | 星期一 |
[06:55] | We are going to need some more food. | 我们需要更多食物 |
[06:58] | Let’s make a list. | 做个菜单吧 |
[07:03] | Okay. | 面包 |
[07:04] | Bread, juice, | 果汁 |
[07:07] | paprika… | 辣椒 |
[07:09] | – milk… – Aah! | 牛奶 |
[07:10] | Aah! No milk. Right. | 哦 |
[07:12] | Crossing that off the list. Adding to the list bok choy. | 不要牛奶 从菜单上删除 |
[07:16] | Doorbell. | 加上青菜 门铃 |
[07:22] | Who is it? | 谁呀 |
[07:25] | It’s Trudy’s father. | Trudy的父亲 |
[07:27] | It’s my father-in-law. | 是岳父 |
[07:29] | Yeah, he called this morning. | 他今天早上打过电话 |
[07:30] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么不告诉我 |
[07:32] | I did. I wrote it on a post-it note. | 我说了 写在纸上了 |
[07:34] | We need more of those, by the way. We’re out of them. | 还有 |
[07:39] | Adrian. | 我们需要更多纸条 我们没有了 |
[07:40] | Dwight | Dwight. |
[07:42] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[07:52] | Yeah. | 我也想念你 |
[07:53] | I missed you, too. | 我也想念你 |
[07:57] | Mr. E., here’s your coffee. | Ellison先生 咖啡 |
[08:00] | Sorry it took so long. | 对不起 让你久等了 |
[08:02] | I’m still not used to that kitchen. | 还是不习惯那个厨房 |
[08:03] | Careful. It’s hot. | 小心点 很热 |
[08:05] | Thank you, Kevin. | 谢谢 Kevin |
[08:07] | Oh. There’s something in there. | 有东西在里面 |
[08:09] | That’s a raisin. I put it in to sweeten the coffee. | 是这样的 我放在里面让咖啡更甜 |
[08:12] | Little trick I picked up | 在科罗拉多旅行期间 |
[08:13] | when I was waiting tables in Aspen, Colorado, | 我准备玩两个夏季的 |
[08:16] | which I did for two summers. Not two consecutive summers, | 我在饭店里干等时发现这个小技巧的 不是两个连续的夏季 |
[08:19] | ’cause there was a summer in between… | 因为之间有一个夏季 |
[08:20] | – Thank you, Kevin. | – Thank you, Kevin. 谢谢 Kevin |
[08:22] | – Delicious. – Okay. | 谢谢 Kevin 很好喝 好 |
[08:27] | Oh, happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[08:28] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:31] | Did you get my card? | 你收到我的卡了吗 |
[08:33] | Uh, yes, I did. | 是 |
[08:36] | Did you look inside? | 你看了吗 |
[08:37] | ‘Cause the punch line was on the inside. | 好东西在里面 |
[08:40] | Yes, I did. It was very funny. | 是 非常有趣 |
[08:43] | It was a pun. | 是双关语 |
[08:46] | It was very funny. | 很有趣 都记在我脑里了 |
[08:47] | It’s on my mantel. Everybody likes it. | 大家都喜欢 |
[08:52] | How is Marcia? | Marcia 怎么样了? |
[08:54] | Much better. | 好多了 |
[08:56] | She’s, uh, volunteering as a grief counselor. | 她自愿为那些遭遇悲痛的人做顾问 |
[09:00] | Believe me, she’s good at it. | 相信我 她做的很好 |
[09:04] | Send her my love. | 替我祝福她 |
[09:06] | Well, I was hoping that wouldn’t be necessary. | 希望这是不必要的 |
[09:08] | That’s why I’m here. | 我来这里的原因是 |
[09:10] | I was hoping you might come back with me to Los Angeles. | 希望你能和我一起回洛杉矶 |
[09:13] | I’m producing a new game show. | 我在制作一个新游戏节目 |
[09:16] | It’s called “Treasure Chest.” | 叫做财富箱 |
[09:19] | Wow. | 是你的节目吗? 我很喜欢这个节目 |
[09:20] | Wow. Is that your show? Because I love that show. | 是你的节目吗? 我很喜欢这个节目 |
[09:23] | Who comes up with all those questions? | 是谁来提问的 |
[09:25] | Well, we have a staff of writers. | 我们有很多作家 |
[09:30] | ‘Cause I’ll tell you something… | 我告诉你 |
[09:32] | That is something I’ve always thought I would be good at. | 那是我最擅长的东西 |
[09:35] | I’m always asking people questions, | 我最喜欢问人们问题了 |
[09:37] | and a lot of the time, they are genuinely stumped. | 很多次 他们都回答不上来 |
[09:40] | That’s true. We are. | 对 我们是的 |
[09:43] | Adrian | Adrian… |
[09:46] | My little show’s in trouble. I think it’s serious. | 我的小节目有麻烦了 我想很严重 |
[09:48] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[09:50] | Well, I’d rather you see for yourself. | 怎么了 我想让你自己去看看 |
[09:52] | Do you think you could come down to L.A. for a couple of days? | 能去洛杉矶几天吗 |
[09:55] | Plenty of room. | 有很多空房间 玛莎会很高兴的 |
[09:56] | Marcia would love it. | 有很多空房间 玛莎会很高兴的 |
[09:58] | Oh, uh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:00] | Dwight, I-I can’t. | 德怀特 |
[10:02] | Uh, I-I-I can’t just leave. | 我去不了 我不能离开 |
[10:06] | Sharona’s not here. | Sharona不在这里 |
[10:08] | I’m here. | 我在这里 |
[10:10] | We could go. | 我们能去 |
[10:11] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:13] | Come on, it’ll be fun. | 走吧 会很有趣的 |
[10:15] | Three guys on a road trip to Hollywood. | 三个人一起去好莱坞 |
[10:48] | Is Roddy Lankman here? | Roddy Lankman在吗? |
[10:49] | Lenny, tell Bernie not to start the music cues too soon, | Liny 让Berny不要太快开始音乐提示 |
[10:52] | and make sure the affiliates are sitting in the front row. | 让会员在前面一排 |
[10:54] | Mr. E., is Roddy Lankman here? | – Ellison先生 Roddy Lankman在吗? – 也许在化妆 |
[10:55] | He’s probably in makeup. | – Ellison先生 Roddy Lankman在吗? – 也许在化妆 |
[10:57] | Okay, do you think I could talk to him? | 我能和他谈谈吗 |
[10:58] | ‘Cause I have some ideas that I’d like to run by him. | 因为我有一些想法要告诉他 |
[11:00] | Don’t worry, Mr. E., I won’t embarrass you. | 不要担心 我不会让你尴尬的 |
[11:03] | I’m sure you won’t. | 我相信你不会的 |
[11:04] | It’s just that Roddy doesn’t like to be disturbed before the show. | Roddy在比赛开始前不喜欢被打扰 |
[11:06] | Tanya. | |
[11:09] | This is Kevin Dorfman, | 这是Kevin Dorfman |
[11:10] | a friend of mine from San Francisco. | 我从洛杉矶来的朋友 |
[11:12] | Would you mind showing him around? | 你能带他看看吗 |
[11:14] | I’d be happy to. | 很高兴这样做 |
[11:15] | You’re the pointer. Oh, point to something. | 你是指示器 指向什么 |
[11:18] | It looks better. | 喔 |
[11:20] | She makes everything look better, Tanya. | 美女 有了她什么看起来都更漂亮 |
[11:22] | – Hey, how did you get this job? – I want you to meet someone. | Tanya 你怎么得到这份工作的 我想让你见见某人 |
[11:28] | Val | Val Birch. |
[11:30] | Birch This is my old friend Adrian Monk. | |
[11:32] | Adrian. | 这是我老朋友Adrian Monk |
[11:33] | Well, gym class must have been hell with a name like that. | 体育班有那样的名字肯定死 |
[11:36] | Yes. Yes, it was. Thank you. | 是的 没错 |
[11:37] | Are you nearly done, or do you just like touching me? | 你快完了 还是喜欢碰我? |
[11:40] | Adrian’s here from San Francisco. | 差不多完了 |
[11:42] | Oh, Frisco… god-awful town. | Adrian从洛杉矶来的 洛杉矶 |
[11:44] | I was there last year. | 可怕的城市 我去年在那里 |
[11:46] | It was foggy the whole week. | 整个星期都是雾天 |
[11:47] | When are they going to do something about all that fog? | 他们什么时候才会处理一下这样的雾天? |
[11:50] | Well, I-I don’t know. I’ll make some calls. | 我不知道 我会打电话问问 |
[11:53] | I couldn’t see a damn thing, | 我不明白 |
[11:54] | not even that, um… | 还有他们的金子大桥 |
[11:56] | Uh, golden bridge they got. | |
[11:58] | The Golden Gate. | 金门 |
[11:59] | No, genius, the bridge. | 不 是大桥 |
[12:01] | Right. That’s what they call it… the Golden… | 对 他们是这样叫的 金门 |
[12:03] | Okay, okay. | 好 测试l,2,3 |
[12:04] | Testing, 1, 2, 3. We’re done, okay? | 好 测试l,2,3 我们做完了 是 |
[12:10] | That idiot’s won seven times in a row. | 那个白痴连赢七次 |
[12:13] | Adrian | Adrian, I know he’s cheating. |
[12:15] | I just can’t figure out how. | 我知道他在作弊 |
[12:25] | Roddy Lankman? | 我只是不知道怎么做的 |
[12:27] | Uh, yeah. | 是 |
[12:28] | Kevin Dorfman. | 我是Kevin Dorfman 我是你的大粉丝 |
[12:30] | I’m a big fan of yours, sir. A major fan. | 我是Kevin Dorfman 我是你的大粉丝 |
[12:33] | Okay, how you doing? | 很喜欢你 你好 |
[12:34] | Look, I know we just met, Roddy, | 我知道我们刚刚认识 但 Roddy |
[12:37] | but I understand you have your own production company. | 但我知道你有自己的制作公司 |
[12:40] | Well, that’s good, | 因为我有一个好主意给你的节目 |
[12:41] | because I have an idea for a show, | 因为我有一个好主意给你的节目 |
[12:43] | and if you’re interested, we can produce it together. | 如果你有兴趣 我们可以一起制作 |
[12:46] | I really can’t. | 我真的不能 |
[12:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:48] | It’s called “40 Winks.” | 叫做40瞬间 在类似坚果壳的箱里里 |
[12:49] | In a nutshell, three contestants, three beds. | 三个选手 三张床 |
[12:52] | The first one who falls asleep wins. | 第一个睡着的人就赢了 |
[12:56] | So we’re watching people fall asleep? | 我们看人们睡觉吗 |
[12:58] | Exactly. | 对 |
[12:59] | You snooze, you win. | 你打呼就赢了 |
[13:01] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那样做 |
[13:03] | I-I can’t even really talk to strangers | 我不能那样做 |
[13:04] | about ideas. It’s for legal reasons. | 甚至和陌生人谈我的想法都是禁止的 这都是有原因的 |
[13:07] | Well, it’s a good thing I’m not a stranger, then. | 幸好我不是陌生人 |
[13:10] | – I’m friends with Dwight Ellison. – Oh, really? | 我是Dwight Ellison的朋友 |
[13:12] | I’m here with Adrian Monk, the detective. | 是吗 我和Adrian Monk侦探一起来的 |
[13:15] | Detective? | 侦探? |
[13:17] | Yeah, from San Francisco. | 是 从洛杉矶来的 |
[13:18] | Dwight brought him here to look around. | Dwight带他来看看 |
[13:20] | He’s having some sort of problem with the show. | 他认为节目有些问题 |
[13:24] | Huh. | 哦 |
[13:26] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[13:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[13:30] | A detective? | 侦探? |
[13:31] | Will you keep it down? | 能小声点吗 |
[13:32] | He’s from San Francisco. That’s all I know. | 从洛杉矶来 我知道这些 |
[13:34] | So what? | 那又怎么样? |
[13:35] | So what? | 那又怎么样? |
[13:37] | He’s going to be watching us. | 他会监视我们 |
[13:38] | So let him watch. | 让他看吧 |
[13:40] | He’s not going to figure it out. | 他不会看出破绽来 |
[13:41] | The system is perfect. | 计划是完美的 |
[13:43] | Now, look, here’s what’s going to happen… | 会发生这些事 |
[13:45] | I’m going to win tonight, I’m going to win tomorrow, | 我今晚会赢 明天会赢了 |
[13:47] | and I’m going to keep on winning until I say we’re done. | 我会一直赢直到我说我们结束 |
[13:51] | It’s too dangerous. | 太危险了 |
[13:53] | It’s too dangerous, huh? | 太危险了 是吗 |
[13:54] | Well, I guess you should have thought of that before you killed your assistant. | 那你要早点想到 在你杀助手之前就要想到这点 |
[13:58] | Now let’s go back inside. | 现在回到后面去 节目开始了 |
[14:00] | It’s showtime. | 我快疯了 Adrian |
[14:14] | It’s driving me nuts, Adrian. | 我需要有人从不同的角度看看 |
[14:16] | I need someone to look at this from a different angle. | 也许漏了什么 |
[14:18] | Maybe I’m missing something. | 你确定他作弊? |
[14:19] | Are you sure he’s cheating? | 肯定是 Val |
[14:21] | He has to be. That neanderthal Val Birch… | Birch 他一直回答地理 |
[14:23] | He’s been answering graduate-level questions | 历史 天文方面 |
[14:25] | in geography, history, astronomy. | 所有的问题 没人那么聪明 即使你也不行 |
[14:28] | Nobody’s that smart… not even you. | 他一定提前知道答案 |
[14:30] | So he has to be getting the questions in advance. | 也许有人帮他 其中一个作家吗 |
[14:33] | Maybe somebody’s helping him… one of the writers. | 我想到这点了 所以前两星期 |
[14:35] | I thought of that. | 我自己写了一些问题 |
[14:36] | For the last two weeks, | 我自己写了一些问题 |
[14:38] | I’ve been writing all the questions myself. | 今晚我们就用这些题目 |
[14:39] | These are the ones we’re using tonight. | 有其他人看过吗 |
[14:42] | – Who else gets to see these? – Nobody. | 没有 |
[14:44] | Not the director, not even Roddy. | 即使导演和Roddy都没看过 信封是封闭的 |
[14:47] | These envelopes stay sealed | 要到比赛时才打开 |
[14:49] | until he opens them on stage during the actual game. | 你在干什么? 这是什么 |
[14:57] | What are you doing? What is that? | 是Roddy |
[14:59] | It’s Roddy Lankman’s pencil. | Lankman的笔 这些是他的牙印 |
[15:01] | Yeah, those are his teeth marks. | 这是他所说的收藏品 |
[15:03] | This is what you call a collectible. | 你可以看 但不能碰 |
[15:05] | You can look, but don’t touch. | 我不想碰 |
[15:07] | I don’t want to touch it. | 对 |
[15:08] | Yeah, right. Seriously, don’t touch it. | 不要碰 |
[15:10] | Live from Hollywood, California, | 加利福尼亚 |
[15:13] | let’s grab those shovels and go digging, | 好莱坞的现场直播 我们来挖掘吧 |
[15:16] | ’cause the name of the game is “Treasure Chest”! | 因为名字是财富箱 还有主持人Roddy |
[15:19] | With your host Roddy Lankman! | Lankman! 女士们先生们,谢谢 |
[15:24] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. | 欢迎收看财富箱节日 |
[15:26] | Welcome back to “Treasure Chest.” | 我是Roddy Lankman |
[15:27] | I’m Roddy Lankman, and, boy, what a nice crowd we have today, | 今天来这么多人 欢迎我们的冠军 |
[15:30] | but let’s welcome back our reigning champion. | 他在这里三周了 |
[15:32] | He’s been here for three weeks. | 他越来越进步了 |
[15:34] | He shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. | 他是退休的小车司机 |
[15:36] | He’s a retired limousine driver from Woodland Hills. | 在他业余时间里 他喜欢打猎钓鱼 |
[15:38] | In his free time, | 在蓝石山谷里 |
[15:39] | he likes hunting and fishing up in the Bluestone Valley. | 在蓝石山谷里 |
[15:41] | Welcome back to the show Val Birch! | 欢迎来到比赛现场Val Birch |
[15:52] | What is the largest desert in Asia? | 亚洲最大的沙漠是什么 A:撒哈拉沙漠 |
[15:54] | Is it “A,” The Sahara, “B,” The Negev, | B:内盖夫沙漠 C:戈壁 |
[15:57] | “C,” The Gobi, “D”… | C:戈壁 |
[15:59] | – “C,” The Gobi. – Correct for $1,000! | l000美元 谢谢 |
[16:06] | Thank you, Tanya. The next question, for $1,500… | 下一个问题 l500美元 |
[16:09] | Which monarch is sometimes known as “The Tragic Queen”? | 哪个皇后有时侯被称作是悲剧皇后? A:Elisabeth皇后 |
[16:13] | B:Marie An- toinette Was it “A,” Queen Elizabeth, “B,” Marie Antoinette, | |
[16:15] | “C,” Catherine the Great… | 对 |
[16:17] | Marie “B,” Mary Ann Tonette. | |
[16:20] | An- Uh, that is correct. Marie Antoinette. | |
[16:25] | He mispronounced it. | toinette 他发音错误 |
[16:28] | Here’s a $2,000 question, | 这是2000美元的问题 是视频题 |
[16:30] | Tanya and I see this one has a visual clue, | |
[16:33] | so, Tanya, if you could bring up our visual. | 是否能给我们看看 多谢 |
[16:35] | Thank you very much. | 哪位开国者住在这个房子里 |
[16:37] | Which founding father lived in this house? | |
[16:39] | Was it “A,” George Washington, “B,” Thomas Jefferson, “C”… | |
[16:43] | Jefferson “B,” Jefferson. | |
[16:45] | Jefferson is correct for $2,000. | 对 2000美元 |
[16:46] | Pitching another perfect game, Val Birch. | 太厉害了 Val Birch 看到没有 |
[16:50] | – Did you see that? – What? | 什么? 他都没看画面 |
[16:52] | He didn’t even look at the picture, | 他还说的对 |
[16:53] | and he still got it right. | 怎么做到的? |
[16:55] | How? | 也许他们之间有传递信息 |
[16:56] | Maybe they’re signaling each other. | 你有$234,000! |
[16:59] | Val Birch is still in the lead with a grand total of $234,000! | 那是很多钱 |
[17:04] | That’s a lot of money, Val. What do you plan to do with it? | 你计划用这些钱干什么 |
[17:07] | I don’t know. Let’s just keep playing. | 不知道 |
[17:14] | Marcia. | 继续玩 |
[17:16] | Come see what the cat dragged in. | Marcia 来看看是谁来了 |
[17:19] | – Adrian. – Marcia. | 欢迎回家 |
[17:22] | Welcome home. | 谢谢 |
[17:24] | Thank you. | 你好吗 |
[17:27] | You okay? | 我 |
[17:29] | Yes, I’m… I’m just… | 太多回忆 |
[17:32] | There are so many memories. | 所以我不能搬家 |
[17:33] | I know. | 这是Kevin |
[17:35] | Dorfman That’s why we could never move. | |
[17:38] | Oh, honey, this is Kevin Dorfman. | 你好 Kevin |
[17:40] | Hello. Kevin Dorfman. | Dorfman 我和Adrian是邻居 |
[17:43] | I live above Adrian. | 你的房子好漂亮 |
[17:44] | May I say what a lovely home you have here. | 谢谢 |
[17:47] | – Oh, thank you. – Spanish style, isn’t it? | 西班牙风格的 对吗 |
[17:49] | – Yes. – Yes, I thought so. | 是的 |
[17:50] | I grew up in a house just like this, | 我也是在这样的房子长大 |
[17:53] | except the dining room was over on this side… | 除了饭厅在这边 |
[18:09] | – Our Trudy. – Maybe. | 妈妈 |
[18:11] | Whoa! | 爸爸 |
[18:13] | Hi, Mom, Dad. This is Adrian. | 这是Adrian. |
[18:16] | Mr. and Mrs. Ellison. | Ellison先生和夫人 |
[18:18] | It’s Dwight and Marcia. | 我们都是老朋友了 |
[18:20] | I feel like we’re old friends, the way Trudy talks about you. | 她一直给我寄文章和报纸故事 |
[18:23] | She’s been sending us articles and newspaper stories. | 你可以相信40% |
[18:26] | You can believe about 40% of that stuff. | 进来 |
[18:28] | Come in, come in. | 你一定累了 |
[18:30] | You must be exhausted. | 幸会 |
[18:32] | Nice to see you. | 幸会 |
[18:34] | So good to see you, too. | 没事的 |
[18:35] | Oh, that’s okay. We don’t mind a little dirt. | 我不介意脏 |
[18:38] | Almost done. | 快好了 |
[18:41] | Okay. | 你的房子很漂亮 |
[18:43] | You have a beautiful home. | 很好 |
[18:47] | Oh, that’s fascinating. | 进来吧 |
[18:50] | Well, come on in. | 你们一定很累 |
[18:52] | Adrian I’m sure you must all be exhausted. | |
[18:55] | Adrian, you remember where the guest room is? | 记得客人房在哪吗 |
[18:57] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[19:38] | It’s still how she left it. | 她的房间一直留着 你想进去吗 |
[19:41] | Do you want to go in? | 也许有些东西可以留念 |
[19:42] | There might be something you want to keep. | 我不能 |
[19:51] | I can’t. | 我花费两年半的时间 |
[19:53] | I know. | 你怎么做到的 |
[19:55] | Marika? It took me 2 1/2 years. | |
[19:58] | How did you do it, Marcia? | 你怎么活下来的 |
[20:02] | How did you survive? | 我想我没有 |
[20:06] | I didn’t think I would. | 我被活埋了 |
[20:11] | I was buried alive. | 活埋? |
[20:14] | Buried alive. | 有一天 |
[20:19] | And then one day, | 太阳出来 |
[20:21] | the sun came up. | 花园开满了花 |
[20:23] | My garden was blooming. | 孩子骑着自行车经过我门前 |
[20:24] | Kids were riding by the house on their bikes, | 我觉得世界给了我第二次机会 |
[20:27] | and I decided to give the world a second chance. | 世界还是很美好 |
[20:33] | It’s still a beautiful world, Adrian. | Adrian 你不用这么客气 |
[20:48] | You don’t have to do that. | 没事 |
[20:49] | It’s no problem. | 我记得你喜欢把一切都分开 |
[20:51] | I remember how you like everything separated. | |
[20:53] | It’s okay. | |
[20:55] | So, Kevin, | Kevin 我听Adrian说 |
[20:56] | did I understand Adrian correctly? | 你两年前中过彩票? |
[20:58] | You won the lottery a couple years ago? | 是 |
[21:00] | Yes, I did. That is accurate. | 很对 你也许在想 |
[21:05] | And you’re probably wondering what happened to all the money. | 那些钱去哪了 问的好 |
[21:08] | That’s a fair question. Here’s a tip… | 给你个提醒 |
[21:10] | If you’re ever lucky enough to win the big jackpot, | 如果你很幸运的赢得大奖 千万不要犯我的错误 |
[21:13] | you should probably not make some of the mistakes I made. | 第一 |
[21:16] | For one thing, Vegas… it’s a good place to avoid. | 不要去维加斯赌博 第二 |
[21:19] | Secondly, if you’re ever going to hire an accountant, | 要请个会计 |
[21:22] | you might want to make sure he’s certified. | 一定要请个有料的 更重要的是不要在任何情况下 |
[21:25] | And most importantly, never, under any circumstances, | 娶Lisa |
[21:28] | marry Lisa Abromowitz. | Apollomezz为妻 我会记住的 |
[21:30] | Ha ha ha. | 还有她姐姐Sherry |
[21:32] | I’ll try to remember that. | 食物有问题吗 不 |
[21:35] | Or her sister Shelly. | 妈妈 |
[21:43] | Is something wrong with the food? | 很好 一会给你解释 |
[21:45] | Adrian Oh, no, Mom. It’s perfect. | |
[21:48] | I’ll, um, explain later. | 我打算在秋季 制作一个新的警察节目 |
[21:51] | Adrian, I’m producing a new cop show in the fall. | 我们想找一个 |
[21:55] | We’re looking for a consultant | 作家做顾问 |
[21:56] | to work with the writers, keep us honest. | 让我直接点说 如果你想 |
[21:59] | The position is yours if you want it. | 位置就是你的 |
[22:01] | Wow. | Dwight 我不知道该说什么 |
[22:03] | Dwight, I don’t know what to say. | 你为什么不答应 |
[22:05] | – Why don’t you say yes? – Dad, that’s really sweet, | 爸爸 这真的很好 |
[22:07] | but Adrian would never quit his job. | 但Adrian不会辞去他的工作 那是他的生命 |
[22:09] | It’s his life. | 要知道 他真的非常出色 |
[22:10] | Oh, you guys should see him. He is so brilliant. | 又来了 他在犯罪现场时 |
[22:13] | – Here we go. – When he’s at a crime scene, | 其他警察只是后退看他工作 |
[22:14] | the other policemen, they just stand back and watch him work. | 虽然他们是看着我 但还是知道要做什么 |
[22:17] | They watch me so they know what not to do. | 你太谦虚了 |
[22:18] | Oh, you are so modest. Besides, we love San Francisco. | 还有我们喜欢旧金山 |
[22:22] | I really can’t see us ever leaving. | 我们不想离开 但是太远了 |
[22:25] | – It’s so far away. – Not the way Trudy drives. | 不是Trudy开车的方向 |
[22:28] | So you won’t be moving back. | 也就是 你们不会回来 |
[22:31] | Adrian Well, Adrian, | |
[22:33] | you take care of my little girl. | 你要照顾我女儿 她就是我们的全部 |
[22:35] | She’s all we have. | 我会的 |
[22:37] | Yes, sir. I will. | 很抱歉 |
[22:48] | I’m so sorry. | 什么 |
[22:50] | About what? | 等等 |
[22:52] | Wait a minute. Hold the phone. | 拿着电话 我想到了 |
[22:54] | – I’ve got it. – Got what? | 什么? |
[22:56] | How they’re cheating on the show. | 我想到他们是怎么在节目中作弊的 是密码 |
[22:58] | Roddy It’s a code. | |
[23:00] | Roddy Lankman is blinking | Lankman在问问题时眨眼睛 |
[23:03] | when he asks the questions. | A一下 |
[23:05] | Like once for “a,” | B两下 |
[23:07] | two for “b.” | 他就是这样做的 |
[23:09] | That’s what he does. | 不 我想过这个可能 |
[23:10] | No, no, no, no. I thought about that. | 每次节目 |
[23:12] | I’ve studied every frame from every show. | 都在研究 不可能 |
[23:14] | It’s impossible. He never blinks or gestures | 我可以告诉你 |
[23:17] | or changes his voice, at least that I could tell. | 他不会眨眼 只会改变他的声音 你也在现场 注意到什么没有? |
[23:21] | Well, you were there. Did you notice anything? | 不 |
[23:23] | No, no. | 但我想找个时间和兰克曼先生谈谈 |
[23:24] | But when can I talk to this Mr. Lankman? | 我已经问过他 |
[23:26] | I’ve already asked him. | 他不会和你 或者任何人谈的 |
[23:28] | He won’t talk to you or anybody. | 他一直在自己的拖车里 |
[23:30] | These days, he hardly ever leaves his trailer. | 可怜他已经难过一年了 |
[23:32] | Poor guy’s had a pretty tough year. | 怎么了 |
[23:34] | What happened? | 因为一件事 他破产了 |
[23:36] | Well, for one thing, he’s broke. | 去年一月他决定破产 |
[23:39] | He declared bankruptcy last January. | 然后发生了车祸 |
[23:41] | – And then there was the accident. – What accident? | 什么车祸? 上个月 他的私人助理 |
[23:43] | Last month his personal assistant, | 一个叫Lizzie Talvo的女孩被杀 |
[23:45] | a girl named Lizzie Talvo, was killed. | 她的车在去蓝石山谷的路上出车祸 |
[23:47] | Her car went off the road in Bluestone Valley. | Roddy很难过 |
[23:51] | Roddy took it pretty hard. | 蓝石山谷 |
[23:52] | Bluestone Valley? | 瓦尔.比齐在那里钓鱼 |
[23:54] | Val Birch… | 他们在介绍他说的 |
[23:56] | Val goes fishing in Bluestone Valley. | |
[23:58] | They mentioned it on the show when they introduced him. | Birch在那个女孩死亡的地方钓鱼 |
[24:03] | Val Birch fishes… | 他在女孩死亡的地方钓鱼 |
[24:06] | where the girl was killed. | 很重要 |
[24:11] | He fishes where the girl was killed. | 没听到他说了两遍吗 |
[24:14] | That’s probably important. | 你没事吧 |
[24:17] | Did you notice he said it twice? | 我很好 |
[24:32] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | 为什么脸色那么难看 |
[24:35] | Why are you making that face? | 我们在崎岖地带 这是我崎岖的脸 |
[24:36] | We’re in rugged terrain. This is my rugged terrain face. | 好 |
[24:39] | Okay. | 她的车是向东走 |
[24:42] | Okay, she was… She was traveling east. | 车在这里失控 |
[24:46] | Her car went off the road up there, | 然后就在这里 |
[24:48] | ended up… | 撞到在两块石头的中央 |
[24:50] | right here between these two rocks. | 警察不是已经来过了吗 |
[24:53] | Haven’t the police already been here? | 对 |
[24:54] | Well, that’s true, | 但他们不是来找证据的 |
[24:57] | but they weren’t really looking for anything. | 这是罪案调查 |
[24:59] | This wasn’t a criminal investigation. | 是什么? |
[25:08] | What is it? | 打算给Dwight |
[25:10] | Something? | Ellison的东西 |
[25:15] | Something intended for Dwight Ellison. | 练习录音带 |
[25:21] | An exercise tape. | 你的袋子呢 |
[25:23] | Did you bring those baggies? | 这是证据 是吗 |
[25:26] | Oh, this is real evidence, isn’t it? | 我觉得 |
[25:28] | Oh, goodness. I feel like a… | 怎么了 没事吧 |
[25:33] | What’s the matter? Are you okay? | 我刚吞下一只虫 |
[25:35] | – I just swallowed a bug. – You… You what? | 什么 |
[25:37] | – I’m okay. – Ugh. | 我没事 |
[25:52] | What is it? | 是什么? |
[26:02] | It’s Val Birch. | 是Val |
[26:05] | He was here. | Birch 他在这里 |
[26:09] | Kevin? | 没事,我吐出来了 |
[26:11] | It’s okay. I spit that one out. | 我们走吧 |
[26:13] | Oh, God. Just… Let’s get out of here, | 闭上你的嘴 |
[26:15] | and just… for God’s sake, cover your mouth. | 好 |
[26:17] | Okay. | 是录影带 大腿和屁股 |
[26:18] | It’s just a videotape. | 一天l0分钟让你完美 |
[26:20] | “Thighs And Abs: 10 Minutes A Day To A Perfect You.” | 对你来说有什么特别意思吗? 我也没有 |
[26:22] | Does that mean anything to you? | 我们现在在Val Birch家里 |
[26:23] | Yeah, me neither. We’re at Val Birch’s house now. | 我想和他说话 |
[26:26] | I want to have another word with him. | 我没事的 |
[26:27] | No, I’ll be fine. Thanks. I appreciate that, Dwight. | 谢谢关心 Dwight |
[26:34] | I don’t think he’s home. | 我想他不在家 Birch先生? |
[26:40] | Hello, Mr. Birch? | 我是Adrian Monk |
[26:41] | Hello, it’s Adrian Monk. | 我们昨天在节目里聊过的 |
[26:43] | We spoke yesterday at the show. | Birch先生 |
[26:46] | Mr. Birch? | 我是Kevin Dorfman |
[26:47] | I’m here, too. Kevin Dorfman. | 我是他楼上的邻居 |
[26:49] | I’m his upstairs neighbor. | 没锁 怎样? |
[26:57] | It looks unlocked. What do you think? | 没有理由不进去 |
[27:00] | Well, we can’t go in without a reason. | 我有点渴 这可以算理由吗 |
[27:04] | I’m kind of thirsty. Does that count? | 不 Kevin |
[27:07] | No, Kevin. | 口渴不是破门而入的理由 |
[27:08] | Thirst is no excuse for breaking and entering. | 如果是 是不是很酷 |
[27:10] | – Wouldn’t it be cool if it was? – Yes, that would be cool. | 很酷 让我 |
[27:14] | Here. Let me… | 你干什么 |
[27:16] | What are you doing? | What are you doing? 我倾斜进去 我在法律学校学习过三学期 |
[27:18] | I’m leaning in. | 我在法律学校学习过三学期 |
[27:19] | Yeah, I went to law school for three semesters. | 你可以倾斜进入任何地方 |
[27:21] | You can lean anywhere you want. It’s in the constitution. | 宪法上是这样规定的 我不能想象 你指的是什么宪法 |
[27:25] | I can’t imagine which constitution you’re referring to. | 抓住我裤子 |
[27:27] | You know what? Grab my pants. | 说什么 |
[27:30] | Pardon me? | 抓住我裤子 我需要平衡 |
[27:31] | Grab my pants. I need the counterweight. | 凯文 我不想抓住你裤子 |
[27:33] | Kevin, I really don’t want to grab your pants. | 如果我碰到地板 |
[27:36] | If I touch that floor, it’s a felony. | 就是犯罪 |
[27:53] | Mr. Birch? | Birch先生? |
[27:56] | Hello? | Birch先生? |
[27:58] | Mr. Birch? | 喂 |
[27:59] | Hello? | Kevin 你看到椅子上的笔吗 |
[28:01] | Kevin, you see that pencil on the chair? | 能够到吗 |
[28:04] | Can you reach that? | 够到吗 |
[28:14] | You got it? | 好了 |
[28:16] | I got it. Pull me. | 我够到了 |
[28:17] | Yes, I got it. | 你还有 |
[28:21] | Do you still have the pencil | Roddy Lankman昨天给你的铅笔吗 |
[28:23] | that Roddy Lankman gave you yesterday? | 收藏品? |
[28:24] | – The collectible. | – The collectible. 是 Kevin 你有铅笔吗 |
[28:34] | – Kevin, do you have the pencil? – I have the pencil. | 我有 他在这里 |
[28:41] | Roddy He was here. | |
[28:44] | Roddy Lankman was here… | Lankman在这里 |
[28:46] | But why? | 为什么 也许在商量如何作弊 |
[28:48] | Maybe they were trying to figure out how to cheat. | 我们走 |
[28:50] | Let’s go. | 我是你的老朋友Val |
[28:54] | Hi, this is your old pal Val. | 请留言 |
[28:57] | Leave your message when you hear the beep. | 他在看留言 |
[29:00] | He’s checking his messages. | 你有邮件 |
[29:02] | You have one saved message. | 5月2日上午7:39 |
[29:04] | May 2nd, 7:39 p.m. | 他跳过 |
[29:06] | He’s skipping that one. | 你有新邮件 |
[29:08] | You have one new message. Today, 10:15 a.m. | 今天 上午l0:15 Birch先生 |
[29:13] | Mr. Birch, this is Tony Forrest at Southland Mercedes. | 我是南部奔驰公司的Tony Fox 有一些好消息告诉你 |
[29:16] | I have some good news for you. | 你定购的新640明天会到 |
[29:18] | The new 640 you ordered will be in tomorrow. | 在这里已经四周了 我答应过你的 |
[29:20] | I got it here in three weeks just like I promised. | 你想来买时告诉我 |
[29:23] | Let me know when you want to pick it up. | 四周前他定购了一辆新奔驰 |
[29:28] | He ordered a new Mercedes-Benz four weeks ago. | 在他去比赛之前 |
[29:32] | Before he went on the show. | 这是巧合 他知道他会赢 |
[29:34] | That’s what I call confidence. He knew he was going to win. | 如果我们知道他如何作弊 |
[29:36] | If we can figure out how they’re cheating, | 我们就会明白 |
[29:38] | we can nail them both. | 我要更近点看 |
[29:39] | I have to get closer. | 接近点? |
[29:41] | Closer? | 昨天你在前排 |
[29:43] | Yesterday we were in the front row. | 你不能更近了 欢迎来到这里 |
[29:45] | Adrian Monk You can’t get much closer than that. | |
[29:50] | Please welcome to the show Adrian Monk. | 欢迎 Adrian |
[30:10] | Welcome to the show, Adrian. | 梅先生 你会后悔的 |
[30:11] | Mr. E., you are not going to regret this. | 你想和谁打招呼吗 |
[30:14] | Is there anybody you’d like to say hello to? | 是 是谁呢 |
[30:16] | – Yes. – Okay, who would that be? | Sharona 她在新泽西 和她妈妈一起 |
[30:18] | Sharona. She’s in New Jersey visiting her mother. | 很好 |
[30:21] | Oh, that’s very nice. | 你和Sharona结婚多久了 |
[30:22] | How long have you and Sharona been married? | 不 Sharona是我护士 |
[30:24] | No, no, no. Uh, Sharona is my nurse. | 我结婚了 但我妻子特鲁迪 |
[30:28] | I was married, but my wife Trudy was killed by a car bomb. | 被汽车炸弹杀害 他说汽车炸弹吗 |
[30:33] | Did he just say “car bomb”? | 所以我把一生都投入到 |
[30:35] | Which is why I have devoted my life | 正义的事业中来 |
[30:37] | to putting criminals behind bars, | 即使是那些认为自己凌驾于法律之上的大物 |
[30:40] | even famous, powerful men who think they’re above the law. | 也不能逃脱法律的制裁 你的工作很有意义 |
[30:47] | Uh, I’m sure you do a great job, too. | 好了 |
[30:49] | All right, who wants to… | 谁想挖宝藏? |
[30:52] | Dig for treasure? | Tanya 开始吧 |
[30:53] | All right, Tanya, let’s get this game started. | 我们从l000美元的问题开始 |
[30:55] | We’re going to start out with a $1,000 question. | 在哪 |
[30:59] | Where… | 对不起 |
[31:01] | Adrian. | |
[31:03] | I’m sorry. | 按钮上有污点 |
[31:05] | Um, there was a smudge on my buzzer thing. | 对不起 根据规则 |
[31:10] | Well, I’m sorry, but according to our rule book, | 你必须回答问题 |
[31:12] | you’ll have to answer the question. | 能重复一下吗 |
[31:14] | Could you repeat the question, please? | 不幸的是 |
[31:16] | Yes, but unfortunately, | 只能是你听到的部分 |
[31:18] | only the part that you’ve already heard, | 在哪 |
[31:19] | so… where? | 在哪 |
[31:24] | Where? | 在哪 |
[31:32] | Where? | 再说一遍 在哪 |
[31:36] | Once more, please. | 在哪 |
[31:38] | Where? | 在哪 |
[31:40] | Where… | 你有l0秒钟 |
[31:42] | You have 10 seconds. | 君士坦丁堡 |
[31:47] | Constantinople. | 我们是多项选择 |
[31:49] | Well, we’re a multiple choice show, | 是A |
[31:51] | so all we need is “A,” “B,” “C,” or “D.” | B C还是D |
[31:53] | “D.” | 不 是B |
[31:54] | “D”? | 不 是B |
[31:56] | No, “B.” | B 一定是B |
[31:58] | “B.” | B 这是最后答案吗 |
[31:59] | B “B.” “B.” Definitely “B.” | |
[32:01] | “B,” and that’s your final answer. | 这是最后答案吗 |
[32:03] | “A.” | 正确答案是c |
[32:05] | Uh, well, the correct answer is “C,” Macy’s. | 继续 |
[32:10] | Moving on, let’s go to our $1,500 question. | 看l500美元的问题 天哪 |
[32:17] | Oh, for the love of God. | 对不起 |
[32:18] | I’m sorry. It’s still a little grimy here. | 还是有点脏 时间就是金钱! |
[32:23] | Time is money for some of us. | 对我们某些人来说 我试试 |
[32:25] | Okay, I’ll try. | 好 |
[32:27] | All right, moving on to the $1,500 question… | 开始l500美元的问题 好了 |
[32:46] | Okay. | 擦干净了 |
[32:48] | I’m done. | 是这样 把什么元素加入铁才能制作成钢铁? |
[32:53] | That’s it. | A:铝 |
[32:55] | What element do you add to iron to make steel? | B:炭 C:铅 |
[32:58] | Is it “A,” Aluminum, “B,” Carbon, “C,” Lead, or… | B:炭 |
[33:03] | “B,” Carbon. | 炭是对的 加l500美元 |
[33:04] | Carbon is correct for $1,500. | 他们还在作弊 |
[33:07] | They’re still cheating. | Adrian也在 |
[33:10] | But why would they do that with Adrian out there? | 他们为什么还这样做? 他们没有选择 |
[33:13] | They have no choice. | 如果Val今天输了 他不会再回来 |
[33:15] | If Val loses today, he can’t come back. | 在古代奥林匹克中 哪个是主希腊城市? |
[33:17] | What Greek city hosted the original Olympics? | 问的好 |
[33:18] | That’s a good point. | A:雅典 |
[33:19] | Was it “A,” Athens, “B,” Rhodes, | B:罗德斯 C:奥林匹亚 |
[33:22] | “C,” Olympia… | C:奥林匹亚 |
[33:24] | “C,” Olympia. | 对了 再加l500美元 |
[33:25] | Correct again for $1,500. | 他知道了 |
[33:31] | He figured it out. | 知道他们如何作弊的了 等等 |
[33:33] | He knows how they’re cheating. | 回到第一个 |
[33:45] | One minute. We are back in one. | 你知道了吗 我知道他们在作弊 |
[33:49] | So you figured it out? | – 是眨眼吗? – 不是 |
[33:50] | Yes, sir. I know how they’re cheating. | – 是眨眼吗? – 不是 |
[33:52] | – Was I right about the blinking? – No. | 我对吗 不是 |
[33:54] | – Was I close? – No. | 是密码 Lankman每次拿问题卡 |
[33:55] | But it is a code. | 位置都不一样 |
[33:57] | Lankman is holding the question cards differently every time. | 位置都不一样 如果这样拿 就是A |
[34:01] | If he holds it by this corner, | 这样就是B |
[34:03] | it means the answer is “A.” | 这样就是C |
[34:04] | This corner means “B,” and this one’s for “C.” | 我们现在怎么做? |
[34:06] | What do we do now? | 给警察打电话 |
[34:09] | I guess we call the police. | 是我 是7:15 |
[34:11] | Hi, it’s me. It’s 7:15. | 你回家给我打电话 |
[34:14] | Call me when you get home. I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:25] | Dwight… | Lizzie Talvo什么时候死的? 什么日期? |
[34:26] | Dwight. | Lizzie Talvo什么时候死的? 什么日期? |
[34:28] | When did Lizzie Talvo die? | 5月2日 |
[34:30] | – What was the date? – May 2nd. | 5月2日 什么时间? |
[34:32] | May 2nd. About what time? | 晚上 在比赛开始的时候 晚上7:39左右 |
[34:33] | Evening, while the show was on. | 晚上7:39左右 |
[34:35] | Around 7:39 p.m.? | 对 不要报警 |
[34:37] | – That sounds about right. – Don’t call the police. | 这些人不仅犯了欺诈罪 |
[34:40] | Not yet. These men are guilty of more than just cheating, | 我还可以证明他们犯了其他罪 现在证明? |
[34:42] | and I think I can prove it. | 如果现在不证明 |
[34:44] | You’re going to prove it now? | 他们会破坏证据 |
[34:45] | If I don’t do it now, they might destroy the evidence. | l5秒 到位 |
[34:48] | 15 seconds! Places! | 我要走了 在比赛期间 |
[34:50] | I got to go. | I got to go. 是不是可以打电话? |
[34:52] | Listen, isn’t there a way to make a phone call during the show? | 可以给朋友打电话 但只回答问题 |
[34:55] | Well, you can phone a friend, but only if you make it to the bonus round. | 太迟了 不会成功的 |
[34:58] | Oh, you’re so far behind. You’ll never make it. | 5秒 4 |
[34:59] | 3 2 Five seconds! | |
[35:01] | 4, 3, 2… | 欢迎回到节目 我是Roddy Lankman |
[35:08] | Welcome back to “Treasure Chest.” | 我们的冠军 |
[35:09] | Val Birch My name is Roddy Lankman, | |
[35:11] | and our reigning champ Val Birch | 以$3,000领先 第二 |
[35:13] | is in the lead again with $3,000. | Susan 零 |
[35:17] | In second place, Susan with zero, | Adrian 现在是负l000 |
[35:19] | and, Adrian, you’re at negative $1,000. | Roddy 我的运气开始改变了 |
[35:22] | Well, Roddy, I think my luck is about to change. | 只有一个办法可以明白 |
[35:24] | Well, there’s only one way to find out. | 开始第二轮比赛 |
[35:26] | Let’s do round two and dig for treasure. | $4,000美元 联系你脚踝和膝盖骨 |
[35:28] | For $4,000, the bone that connects your knee | 骨头是A:腓骨 B:胫骨 |
[35:31] | to your ankle is the “A,” Fibula, “B,” Tibia… | B:胫骨 |
[35:33] | “B,” Tibia. | 对 |
[35:35] | Uh, that is correct. | 下一个问题 |
[35:37] | Next question. | 一亩多少立方 |
[35:39] | How many square yards in an acre? Is… | 是C |
[35:42] | “C.” | C是对的 |
[35:45] | Uh, “C” is correct. It’s 4,840 square yards. | 是4,840立方米 猜的不错 |
[35:49] | Lucky guess. | 是的 |
[35:51] | A lucky guess indeed. | $5,000的问题 |
[35:53] | For $5,000… | D是对的 猜的不错 |
[35:54] | “D.” | D是对的 |
[35:56] | “D” is correct. | 猜的不错 |
[35:58] | Another lucky guess. | $5,500美元 |
[36:00] | For $5,500, | 麦金利山总统被刺杀 |
[36:02] | President McKinley was assassinated… | 答案是D Roddy |
[36:04] | – “D.” – “B.” | D对 |
[36:05] | “D.” the answer is “D,” Roddy. | 下一个问题 |
[36:06] | “D” is correct, yes. Next question… | 谁… |
[36:09] | Who… | B对 是杰克逊.布朗 |
[36:10] | – “B.” “B.” | – “B.” “B.” “B.” |
[36:12] | “B” is correct. It’s Jackson Browne. | Susan 你没事吧 我在家看电视时 |
[36:15] | – Susan, are you okay? – I-I just… | 容易多了 |
[36:17] | It looked so much easier when I was watching at home. | 在家里会很容易 |
[36:19] | Yes, it always looks easier at home. | |
[36:21] | For $6,000… | C不对 |
[36:23] | “C.” no, “C” is not right. | |
[36:25] | “A.” | A对 袋熊 最后一个$6,000问题 什么元素… |
[36:26] | “A” is correct. The wombat. | 最后一个$6,000问题 |
[36:28] | And for the last question, for $6,000, what element… | 什么元素… |
[36:32] | “D.” | D 对 |
[36:35] | “D” is correct, | 第二轮结束 |
[36:37] | and that’s the end of round two. | 这里有两个天才 |
[36:39] | A couple of very intelligent gentlemen here. | Adrian Monk是第二轮的赢家 |
[36:42] | Val Birch Uh, that means Adrian Monk is the winner of round two. | |
[36:46] | Val Birch, you’re going to have to sit this one out | 这次你出局了 Adrian 你知道第二轮比赛要做些什么吗? |
[36:48] | this time. | 你完全回答对五个问题 |
[36:50] | Adrian, you understand what happens in round two. | 你完全回答对五个问题 不仅赢得这次比赛 |
[36:52] | You answer these five questions correctly, | 也赢得这些金子 |
[36:54] | you not only win this game, but you win this great big pot of gold! | 你知道我们是怎么玩的 |
[37:01] | You know how we play our game. | 有五个问题 看看你是怎么做的 |
[37:03] | You have five questions. Let’s see how you do. | Adrian 赢得诺贝尔奖的 |
[37:06] | Adrian, who was the first president | 第一位总统是谁? |
[37:08] | Roddy to win the Nobel Peace prize? | |
[37:10] | Roddy, I understand I can phone a friend. | 我知道可以给朋友打电话 你想在第一个问题就给朋友打电话吗 |
[37:13] | You want to phone a friend on the first question. | 你说了算 Tanya 给他电话 |
[37:16] | Well… you’re the boss. | 第一次加入游戏 |
[37:17] | Tanya, let’s bring him the phone. | 第一次加入游戏 |
[37:19] | For those joining us for the first time, | Adrian要给朋友打电话 |
[37:22] | Adrian is going to call a friend to see if he can get a little help | 看看是否能在 这关键的时刻给他帮助 |
[37:25] | on this very important bonus round question. | 你想给谁打? |
[37:27] | Roddy All right, who would you like to call? | |
[37:31] | Well, Roddy, I would like to call… | 我想给你打电话 |
[37:33] | Him. | 你想给我打电话? |
[37:34] | Me? | |
[37:36] | You want to call me? | 我不在家 |
[37:38] | Ha ha. | Monk先生 |
[37:39] | I don’t think I’m at home. | 你在干什么? |
[37:44] | Well, Mr. Monk, what are you doing? | 你知道他在做什么吗 |
[37:46] | Do you know what he’s doing? | 因为我不知道他在做什么 我要证明你是杀人犯 |
[37:47] | Because I don’t know what he’s doing. | 我要证明你是杀人犯 |
[37:49] | I’m trying to prove that you | Lankman先生 |
[37:51] | are guilty of murder, Mr. Lankman, | 至少是杀人罪 |
[37:54] | or at the very least, manslaughter. | Lizzie Talvo 你私人助理 |
[37:57] | Lizzie Talvo, your personal assistant, | 发现你们在节目中作弊 |
[38:00] | discovered that you were cheating on the show. | 可以来段广告吗 |
[38:04] | Uh… | 你就要被解雇 |
[38:05] | Can we go to a commercial? | 她在一个月前的车祸中死亡 |
[38:06] | You do and you’re fired. | 她在一个月前的车祸中死亡 |
[38:08] | She died about a month ago in a car crash, | 这个人之后一直勒索你 |
[38:11] | and this man has been blackmailing you ever since, and you have been paying him off | 你在节目中给他钱 |
[38:15] | here on your show | 给他答案 |
[38:17] | by feeding him the answers. | 我知道 重做 |
[38:22] | I knew it. Do over. | Birch先生 你在蓝石山谷 |
[38:23] | Mr. Birch, you were in Bluestone Valley the night she died. | 看到她死亡 |
[38:30] | You must have seen the crash. | 你一定看到车祸发生 |
[38:38] | She was still alive when you got to the car. | 你到车那里时她还活着 她在死前对你说了什么 |
[38:42] | She had to have said something to you before she died… | 说了Roddy的事 |
[38:45] | Something about Mr. Lankman. | 你知道自己中大奖了 |
[38:48] | You must have realized you just hit the jackpot. | 你给自己的录音机打电话 |
[38:51] | You called your own answering machine | 录下她临死的话 |
[38:54] | and recorded her dying words. | 你有什么证据? |
[38:57] | You can’t prove any of this. | 我昨天去过你家里 |
[38:59] | I was at your house yesterday, | 听到你保留的 |
[39:01] | and I happened to hear the date and time stamp | 电话录音 |
[39:04] | of a phone message | |
[39:05] | that you had saved… | 5月2日 |
[39:07] | May 2nd, 7:39 p.m. | 晚上7:39 |
[39:11] | I think I can prove it, sir. What’s your number? | 我能证明 你的号码是多少? |
[39:14] | Adrian, it’s 555-0137. | Adrian 是555—0l37 |
[39:19] | Thank you, Dwight. | 谢谢Dwight 我是Val |
[39:25] | Hi, this is your old pal Val. | 请留言 |
[39:28] | Leave your message when you hear the beep. | |
[39:35] | 4… | |
[39:36] | 8… | 你有一个保留信息 |
[39:37] | 2. | 你有一个保留信息 |
[39:39] | You have one saved message. | 5月2日晚上7:39 是Roddy |
[39:41] | May 2nd, 7:39 p.m. | 是Roddy Lankman |
[39:45] | It was Roddy. | 他在比赛上作弊 |
[39:46] | It was Roddy Lankman. | |
[39:48] | He was cheating on the show. | 我要告发他 |
[39:51] | I was going to blow the whistle. | 他切断我的刹车… |
[39:53] | He cut my brakes. | 罗迪 |
[39:56] | Roddy. | Lankman先生 比齐先生 |
[39:59] | Mr. Lankman, Mr. Birch, | 侦探在外面 |
[40:01] | some homicide detectives are outside. | 想和你谈谈 |
[40:03] | They want to talk to you. | 你很不错 |
[40:15] | Adrian. | 就像Trudy常说的那样 |
[40:22] | You were amazing. Just like Trudy always said. | 谢谢 |
[40:30] | Thank you for this. | 谢谢Trudy |
[40:33] | Thank you for Trudy. | 星期一 真是可怕的一天 |
[41:38] | Monday. | Jinge今天早上死了 |
[41:39] | Dear diary, it is a terrible day. | 我很悲伤 |
[41:41] | Ginger died this morning. | 不想去学校也不想吃饭 |
[41:43] | I was too sad to go to school or even eat. | 哭了一天 我高兴不起来 |
[41:46] | I cried all day. I will never be happy again. | 星期五 明天我去露营 |
[41:51] | Friday. | 我一整天都在收拾东西 |
[41:52] | Tomorrow I’m going to camp. I have been packing all day. | 一定会很有趣 我等不及了 |
[41:56] | It’s going to be so much fun. I can’t wait. | 我有时候会想起金格 但我只是记得好时光 |
[42:00] | I still think about Ginger sometimes, | 爸爸说的对 |
[42:02] | but now I just remember the good times. | |
[42:04] | I guess Daddy was right… | |
[42:06] | God wants people to be happy. | |
[42:08] | Nobody can stay sad forever. |