时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:16] | It’s been three months. How are you holding up? | |
[03:21] | Well, I’ve made a decision. | 我做了决定 |
[03:23] | Good. | 好 |
[03:25] | When she comes back, I’m not gonna pay her | 除非她回来 |
[03:27] | for the weeks she missed. | 我不会把那几星期的钱给她 |
[03:29] | I have to draw the line. | 我心里有数 |
[03:31] | I’m docking her pay. | 我知道那有多少 |
[03:33] | Adrian… Sharona is not coming back. | Sharona不会回来 |
[03:37] | Oh, she’ll be back. | 她会回来 |
[03:39] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[03:40] | I… I think I know her a lot better than you do. | 相信我 我比你更了解她 |
[03:47] | Didn’t she sell her house? | 她不是卖了房子? |
[03:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:51] | And she moved back to New Jersey. | 是的 她搬回到新泽西? |
[03:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:57] | And she remarried her ex-husband. | 和前夫复婚了? |
[04:04] | I’m not sure I like where you’re going here. | 我不知道你想说什么 |
[04:07] | Adrian, Sharona is moving on with her life, | Adrian Sharona在继续她的生活 |
[04:10] | and if you loved her, you’d be happy for her. | 如果你爱她 就为她高兴 |
[04:16] | She wasn’t just my assistant. | 她不只是我的助手 |
[04:19] | I know. | 我知道 她看到我的时候 我差点溺死了 |
[04:20] | When she found me, I was drowning. | 她看到我的时候 我差点溺死了 |
[04:23] | She saved my life. | 她救了我的命 |
[04:25] | I know. | |
[04:26] | I know… I was there. | 我知道 |
[04:28] | Well, you’re a doctor. | 你是医生 |
[04:31] | Can’t you make her come back? | 你不能让她回来? |
[04:34] | What would you like me to do? | – 你想我怎么样? |
[04:36] | Fly back to New Jersey and drug her, | – 飞回新泽西 |
[04:38] | bring her back here? | 把她弄晕了 带回来? |
[04:43] | No. | 不 |
[04:46] | But thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:50] | She’s pretty smart. She’d probably escape. | 她很聪明 也许会逃跑的 |
[04:53] | Adrian, you were lucky to know her. | Adrian 你认识她很幸运 |
[04:57] | And I know you’ll always be grateful, | 我知道你是好人 |
[04:59] | but it’s time for you to move on. | 但是你也有不顺的时候 |
[05:01] | You’ve gotta start looking for your new assistant. | 你要找一个新的助手 |
[05:04] | Impossible. | 不可能 |
[05:05] | Yeah, well, that’s what you said before you found Sharona. | 你在发现Sharona之前 也是那么说 |
[05:07] | But, Adrian, you’ve got to start looking. | Adrian 你必须开始找了 |
[05:09] | Your new assistant is out there somewhere. | 你的新助手 也许就在外面什么地方 |
[05:17] | God help her. | 上帝帮助她 |
[05:19] | I’ve been a registered nurse for 14 years. | 我做注册护士有l4年了 |
[05:21] | These are my references. | 这是我的资料 嗯 |
[05:26] | Your staple’s… crooked. | 钉书钉弯了 |
[05:29] | I’ve been voted California Nurse of the Year | 我还当选过年度的加州护士 |
[05:31] | three years in a row. | 连续三年 |
[05:33] | Mm-hmm, yeah. What’s up with this staple? | 这个钉书钉怎么回事? |
[05:35] | You’re looking for someone to start right away? | 你想找个能立即上手的人? |
[05:37] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[05:38] | What would my hours be? | 没错 我的时间是几时? |
[05:40] | 9:00 a.m… | 9:00点 |
[05:42] | Until? | 到? |
[05:44] | – Until one… – 1:00 p.m.? | 到l |
[05:46] | Until one of us dies. | l点? 直到我们中一个人死 |
[05:54] | So who was he? | 他是谁? |
[05:56] | So far he’s John Doe. | 他是谁? 他是John Doy |
[05:57] | No wallet, no ID. | 没有钱包 |
[05:59] | We’re runnin’ the prints now. | 没有身份证 我们印不了 |
[06:01] | Miss Teeger, I’d like to go through the story. | Teeger小姐 你可以说了 |
[06:04] | Um, you heard a noise, you came to check it out. | 你听到有声音 就去看看 |
[06:08] | He comes, he grabs you from behind. | 他来了 从后面抓住你? |
[06:10] | – Right. – You struggle. | 没错 你挣扎 |
[06:11] | Now, there were some scissors on that table. | 那里有三把剪刀 |
[06:13] | What were they doing there? | 做什么的? |
[06:15] | Julie, my daughter, was working on a school project. | Julie 我的女儿 在做一个学校的项目 |
[06:18] | Where’s the girl? | 她在哪里? |
[06:20] | She’s with a neighbor. Didn’t see anything. | 和邻居在一起 什么都不知道 |
[06:22] | Good. | 好 |
[06:23] | So you grabbed the scissors and you stabbed him? | 你拿起剪刀就刺他? |
[06:25] | I wasn’t trying to kill him. | 我不想杀他 |
[06:27] | Maybe I was. I… I don’t know. | 也许是的 |
[06:30] | Natalie. | 不知道 |
[06:31] | You had every right to defend yourself. | 你有权利自卫 |
[06:35] | Where’s your husband? | 你丈夫呢? |
[06:36] | Uh, he died. | |
[06:38] | Uh, six years ago. | 六年前死了 |
[06:40] | He’s a, uh… was a Navy pilot. | 是一个海员 |
[06:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:45] | Captain, why are they doing this? | 他们为什么要那么做? |
[06:47] | – What do they want from me? – Who’s “they”? | 他们想我怎么样? |
[06:49] | There was, uh… | 谁是“他们“? 两天前有两个不速之客 |
[06:50] | another intruder two days ago. | 两天前有两个不速之客 |
[06:52] | On Tuesday, a man came to my house. | 周二 一个人进来 |
[06:54] | He said he was here to check my water meter. | 说来查水表的 |
[06:56] | But he didn’t go downstairs. | 但是没有下楼 |
[06:57] | I… I caught him over there just looking around. | 我在那里发现他到处在看 |
[07:00] | But when he saw me, he ran out the back door. | 看到我后 就跑出了后门 |
[07:02] | We called Water and Power, but there’s no record. | 我们去水力公司查询 没有他这个人 |
[07:04] | – And this was a different guy? – Yeah. | 这个人不同? |
[07:06] | – You’re sure about that? – Yeah. | 是的 – 你肯定? – 是的 |
[07:08] | Sir. | 先生 |
[07:10] | There’s gotta be a connection here. | 也许有联系 |
[07:12] | Do you know the odds against two different men | 你知道两个男人的气味不同 |
[07:14] | breaking into the same house in the same week? | 在同一周闯入同一个房子? |
[07:17] | No, I don’t. Do you? | 不知道 你呢? |
[07:20] | No. | 不 |
[07:22] | Is there anything of value in your house? | 你房子里有什么值钱的? |
[07:24] | Yeah. My daughter. | 是的 我女儿 |
[07:26] | Of course. I mean cash or jewelry? | 当然 现金 珠宝 药那些东西? |
[07:29] | – Medicine? – No. | 没有 |
[07:32] | – Drugs? – No. | 毒品? 没有 |
[07:33] | And you’ve never seen these men before? | 没有 你之前从来没见过他们 |
[07:35] | Either this guy or the meter guy? | 还有那个看水表的人? |
[07:37] | No. | 没有 |
[07:39] | Huh. | 嗯 |
[07:42] | Miss Teeger, there’s a person we sometimes bring in. | Teeger小姐 我们带个人来 |
[07:46] | He’s a former detective. | 他以前是侦探 |
[07:48] | He sort of specializes in cases like this. | 就像调查这类的案子 |
[07:52] | Great, let’s call him. | 好 叫他来 |
[07:54] | It’s not that easy. | 没那么容易 |
[07:55] | You see, he’s, uh, he’s taking some time off. | 没那么容易 有时候他休息 |
[07:58] | He’s sort of working through one or two personal issues right now. | 他在 做自己私人的事情 |
[08:03] | But I think if you were to talk to him and ask him yourself, | 我想 你亲自去跟他说的话 |
[08:06] | he might change his mind. | 他会改变主意的 |
[08:08] | Mr. Monk, I’m a little confused. | Monk先生 我有点困惑 |
[08:10] | Me too! | 我也是 |
[08:11] | See, I’m a registered nurse. | 我是一个注册护士 |
[08:13] | And physically, you seem to be fine. | 从身体上看 你很正常 |
[08:16] | Are you looking for a housekeeper? | 你是在找女管家? |
[08:17] | No… What? No, no. | 不 怎么了? |
[08:19] | I-I-I can clean the house. | 不 不 我能打扫家务 |
[08:21] | Don’t worry about that. | 不要担心 |
[08:22] | That’s covered. | 那是包括的 |
[08:23] | She didn’t give me any notice. | 她不能让我注意 |
[08:25] | I guess she was worried that I’d have a nervous breakdown or… | 我想她在担心 我精神崩溃 |
[08:30] | But… But her son, Benjy, he… he gave me this letter. | 她的儿子 Benjy 他给了我这个 |
[08:34] | He left me this. | 留给我的 |
[08:35] | It’s in a baggie. | 是在包里面 |
[08:37] | It’s an evidence bag. | 是个证据包 |
[08:38] | Read the P.S. | 看附言 |
[08:39] | – Did you read the P.S.? – Yeah, it’s heartbreaking. | 你看了吗? |
[08:42] | Uh, Mr. Monk, can I be honest with you? | 是的 让人痛心 我能和你说实话吗? |
[08:44] | I wish you wouldn’t. | 我希望你不要 |
[08:45] | I’ve had tons of patients like you. | 我也有过像你一样的病人 |
[08:47] | There is nothing wrong with you. It’s all up here. | 你很正常 |
[08:49] | – It’s psychological. – Right, right. | 现在的问题是心理上的 |
[08:51] | What you really need is a wife. | 对 你需要一个老婆 |
[08:53] | Oh, whoa. Uh, we just met. | 我们才见面 |
[08:55] | Okay? I don’t even know you. | 我还不认识你 |
[08:57] | It’s not me. I’m not proposing to you. | 我不是这样的意思 |
[08:58] | – It’s a statement of fact. – Excuse me… | 我是说实话 |
[09:00] | – You gotta stop whining, you know? – Th-there’s no smoking. | 抱歉… 不要那样 不许抽烟 |
[09:02] | Sharona moved away, wah, wah, wah. | – Sharona搬走了 – 你知道? |
[09:04] | You know what? You have got to get out of the house. | 你要离开那间房子 |
[09:06] | You gotta do something. | 开始做点什么 |
[09:08] | Go bowling. You know, meet some people. | 去玩保龄球 交朋友 |
[09:10] | That is my advice to you. | 那是我给你的建议 |
[09:11] | You gotta… You gotta put that out! | 你要摆脱 |
[09:12] | All right! Don’t get all twisted up. | 好 不要太执着了 |
[09:19] | There. It’s out. | 好了 |
[09:21] | And so am I. Another morning shot to hell. | 就这样 又一个该死的早上 |
[09:34] | “Hold upright. Pull away pin. | 站直 延伸圈杠杠 |
[09:36] | Stand eight feet from the flame.” | 保持离火焰8英尺 |
[09:38] | One, two, | |
[09:41] | three, four… no. | |
[09:44] | Hello? | 喂? |
[09:46] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[09:49] | Hello? | 你好? |
[09:50] | – Mr. Monk? – Two, three… | |
[09:52] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[09:54] | – Five… – What are you doing? | 在做什么? |
[09:55] | Measuring. It says eight feet… Stay back! | 在量 要8英尺 退后 |
[09:57] | No, no, they mean approximately. | 大概差不多了 |
[09:59] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[10:00] | It doesn’t say approximately. | 没说大慨 |
[10:02] | You have to trust the label makers. | 你要相信贴标签的人 |
[10:03] | They’re professional label makers. | 他们很专业 |
[10:05] | – Just gimme that! – Wait a second, you’re too close! | 给我好吗? 等等 你太近了 |
[10:12] | Are you okay? | 没事吧? |
[10:15] | We did it. | 我们做的 |
[10:19] | I’m gonna write these people a letter. | 要给这些人写信 |
[10:21] | We coulda been killed. | 一定会被杀死 |
[10:23] | They should say “approximately.” | 说了大慨 |
[10:25] | Are you Monk? | 你是Monk? |
[10:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:28] | Adrian Monk? | |
[10:30] | – Right. – The detective? | 好 侦探? |
[10:32] | The famous, admired, respected detective? | 著名的侦探? |
[10:39] | If you still want the job, | 如果你是来应聘话 |
[10:41] | we can go talk in the kitchen. | 我们可以在厨房里面谈 |
[10:44] | What job? | 什么工作? |
[10:46] | Aren’t you here from the agency? | 什么工作? 你不是从警察局来的吗? |
[10:47] | No. I came here to hire you. | 不 我来雇佣你 |
[10:50] | I’m Natalie Teeger. | 我是Natalie Teeger |
[10:54] | Captain Stottlemeyer said that you might be able to help me. | Stottlemeyer队长你也许能帮助我 |
[10:57] | No. | 不 |
[10:58] | He said you were the best cop he’s ever met. | 不 他说你是他见过最好的警察 |
[11:00] | I guess he’s never seen you put out a fire. | 我猜他从来没见过你灭火 |
[11:02] | Well, I’m sorry, but, um, | 对不起 |
[11:05] | I’m not really taking any work right now. | 我现在不想工作 |
[11:07] | I recently lost a dear friend. | 最近失去一个好朋友 |
[11:13] | Oh. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:15] | Who died? | 谁死了 |
[11:17] | Nobody died. My nurse quit. | 没人死 我的护士不干了 |
[11:22] | The captain said you might change your mind. | 队长说你或许能改变主意 |
[11:24] | Well… | 嗯… |
[11:26] | Okay, look, I can pay you. | 我可以付钱给你 我不是富人 |
[11:28] | I’m not rich, but I can borrow money if I have to. | 但是我能借钱给你 |
[11:30] | – No… – I can take out a loan. | 我能拿出一笔款子 |
[11:32] | I can’t. Um, I just… I can’t. | 我不能 我不 |
[11:36] | There was a man in my house last night. | 昨晚有人在我的房子里面 |
[11:38] | I killed him. | 我杀了他 |
[11:43] | There was another man in my house a couple of days ago. | 后来又有人在我的房子 |
[11:46] | They’re after something. I can’t figure it out. | 几天前 他们这样 让我不明白 |
[11:50] | Nobody can. | 没有人明白 |
[11:52] | Do you have kids? | 你有孩子吗? |
[11:54] | – N-no. – I do. | 没有 |
[11:56] | I have an 11-year-old daughter. | 我有一个ll岁的女儿 |
[11:59] | Mr. Monk, I don’t say this very often. | Monk先生 我很少谈论这些 |
[12:02] | But I’m scared. | 但是我害怕 |
[12:04] | – Yeah, look… – Please… | 看 |
[12:06] | help me. | 请你帮助我 |
[12:08] | Please. | 求你帮助我 |
[12:10] | Help us. | |
[12:46] | It’s okay. | 好了 |
[13:16] | Is there money in the house? | 房子里面有钱? |
[13:18] | No. | 没有 |
[13:19] | What about the coffee can? | 咖啡罐做什么用的? |
[13:21] | Isn’t that where you hide your money? | 你是不是拿来放钱的? |
[13:23] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道? |
[13:25] | There’s coffee grounds on the counter | 柜子里面有咖啡的印迹 |
[13:27] | indicating that it’s been opened recently, | 表明最近打开过 |
[13:29] | but you don’t have a coffeemaker. | 你没有咖啡壶 |
[13:33] | Wow, he’s like Velma from Scooby-Doo. | 他好厉害 |
[13:35] | I-I had money in there, | 我是放了钱 |
[13:37] | but I spent in on luxury items like food and rent. | 都花光了 买了很贵的吃的 |
[13:46] | You grew 5/8s of an inch. | 你长了八分之五英寸 |
[13:52] | Your husband was in the Navy? | 你的丈夫在海军? |
[13:54] | – Yeah, he died six years ago. – He was a pilot. | 六年前死了 他是海员 |
[14:02] | And you recently started dating again. | 你最近有约会吗? |
[14:08] | – How did you know that? – It’s patently obvious. | 你怎么知道的? 这个比较明显 |
[14:11] | I happened to notice these in your coat pocket. | 我刚刚注意到你的大衣口袋 |
[14:17] | Birth control pills. | 有节育药品 |
[14:25] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:27] | I can’t believe you just did that! | 我真是想不到 |
[14:28] | Right in front of my daughter? | 就在我的女儿面前? |
[14:29] | What is wrong with you? | 你怎么了? |
[14:31] | Do you have, like, zero social skills? | 你难道不懂交际的礼仪? |
[14:32] | Mom, it’s okay. I’m not a baby. | 没事 妈妈 我不是小孩 |
[14:35] | Wait a minute! | – 等等 |
[14:37] | Wait a minute. Oh, my mistake. | – 不 是我的错 |
[14:39] | These are not birth control pills. | 这些不是节育药 |
[14:41] | These are Tic-Tacs. | 这些是…提克塔克 |
[14:43] | Just little pink and green Tic-Tac candies. | 粉红和绿色的提克塔克糖果 |
[14:47] | But don’t eat ’em. They’re… They’re special, | 但是不要吃 它们很特别 |
[14:50] | adult, you know, Tic-Tacs… | 成人的提克塔克 |
[15:01] | Detective Monk, what? | 你觉得他们是在找什么? |
[15:03] | What do you think these guys are after? | |
[15:05] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:07] | Okay, we… we have two intruders? | 有两个人闯了进来 |
[15:11] | One last night, one two days ago. | 昨天晚上一个 两天前一个 |
[15:13] | Both in this room? Where were they exactly? | 都进过这个房间 你们具体在什么地方? |
[15:16] | Uh, just around the television, | 在电视机旁边 |
[15:31] | Is this yours? | 这是你的? |
[15:33] | Um, no, mine’s over there. | 我的在那里 |
[15:44] | It’s brand-new. | 新牌子 没用过的 |
[15:45] | It’s never been used. | 新牌子 没用过的 |
[15:46] | I can’t believe all those detectives missed that. | 我没想到会是这样 |
[15:48] | Well, they probably saw it. | 他们也许看到了 |
[15:50] | They just didn’t give it a second thought. | 他们没有多想 |
[15:53] | Do you have a baggie? | 你有袋子吗? |
[15:55] | Uh… yes. | 是的 |
[16:10] | Is this light always on? | 这灯是经常开着的吗? |
[16:13] | Actually, it was off last night. | 昨晚是关的 |
[16:14] | – I didn’t turn it on. – Me neither. | 我没有打开 我也是 |
[16:16] | Tell me about the fish. | 这个鱼呢 |
[16:18] | His name is Mr. Henry. | 他的名字叫做Henry先生 |
[16:20] | My father gave him to me. | 我爸爸给我的 |
[16:22] | Wait, w-wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[16:24] | You think they’re after the fish? | 你是说他们在找鱼? |
[16:26] | Why? | 为什么? 哦 |
[16:38] | You smell that? What is that? | 闻到没有? 是什么 |
[16:40] | It’s a pet store. | 是宠物店 |
[16:41] | Haven’t you ever been in a pet store? | 你没有去过宠物店? |
[16:43] | No. | 没有 |
[16:44] | What have you been doing? | 你做什么? |
[16:45] | For one thing, I’ve been avoiding pet stores. | 我避免去宠物店 |
[16:47] | Hey, Carl. | 嘿 Karle |
[16:48] | Hello, Mrs. Teeger. | 嘿 Karle 你好 Teeger小姐 |
[16:50] | Hey. I wanna talk to you about this fish. | 我想跟你谈谈这鱼 |
[16:52] | Is there anything special? | 有什么特别的 |
[16:54] | Anything unusual about him I should know? | 我应该知道的特别的? |
[16:56] | Like what? Is he sick? | 像什么? 他病了? |
[16:58] | He looks okay to me. | 我觉得他还行 |
[17:00] | No, no, I mean, is he valuable? | 不 他很贵吗 |
[17:02] | He’s just a marble fish, Mrs. Teeger. | 那只是大理石鱼 |
[17:04] | We sell ’em for 99 cents. | 99分就可以卖掉 |
[17:05] | We got about a thousand of ’em. | 我们有l000条 |
[17:07] | – If you’d like your money back… – No, Carl, I’m not returning him. | 如果你想要回钱 不 Karle 我不会还给他 |
[17:09] | Is there any reason | 有什么原因 |
[17:11] | why someone might want this particular fish? | 会有人要这鱼? |
[17:14] | I mean, really, really want him? | 真的想要? |
[17:17] | Uh, well, he’s sorta pretty. | 它很可爱 |
[17:21] | And he’s got a thin, black stripe on his dorsal fin… | 背鳍上有一条黑带 |
[17:23] | Mr. Monk, what do you think? | Monk先生 你怎么看? |
[17:26] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[17:28] | Look at this guy. | 看 |
[17:29] | He’s eating out of two trays at one time. | 它可以一次吃两盘 |
[17:33] | He’s keeping them even. They’re perfectly even. | 保持平均 非常平均 |
[17:37] | Yeah, it’s Sergeant Pepper. | 那是胡椒粉 |
[17:39] | Hey, you want him? You can have him for free. | 你要? 可以免费送 |
[17:40] | We can’t get rid of him. Customers keep bringing him back. | 我们摆脱不了它 客户总是送回来 |
[17:43] | How come? | 为什么? |
[17:44] | Mm, he’s depressing, | 它很沉闷 |
[17:46] | he doesn’t talk, he just mopes around, | 不说话闷闷不乐 |
[17:48] | cleaning himself, straightening up his cage. | 在清洁自己 把自己的鸟笼搞得很奇怪 |
[17:50] | His cage always has to be perfect. | 它的笼子没事的 |
[17:52] | Hm. What’s wrong with him? | 它怎么了? |
[17:54] | His wife died. | 它妻子死了 |
[17:57] | Yeah. That’s right. | 对了 |
[18:00] | We had a female in there with him. | 之前有个雌性的 |
[18:02] | She died about a year ago. | 一年前死了 |
[18:03] | He hasn’t been the same ever since. | 之后它就这样 |
[18:04] | Well, why don’t you put another female in there? | 为什么不给它找一个? |
[18:06] | It won’t work. | 没用 |
[18:07] | He’ll never feel the same way about anybody else. | 它对别的雌性不感兴趣 |
[18:10] | Yeah, that’s right. | 没错 |
[18:12] | We tried it, but… | 我们试过了 |
[18:13] | I’m afraid Sergeant Pepper’s just gonna grow old | 但是恐怕 Peppy警官 |
[18:16] | and die alone in his little cage. | 会老掉 死在笼子里 |
[18:25] | So what was her name? | 它的名字是什么? |
[18:29] | Trudy. | |
[18:38] | It’s a goldfish. | 金鱼 |
[18:40] | Well, technically, | 深红色的金鱼 |
[18:41] | it’s a crimson marble fish. | |
[18:43] | Is it extinct? | 绝种了? |
[18:45] | If it was extinct, | 如果绝种了 |
[18:47] | we wouldn’t be looking at it, would we? | 我们就看不到了 |
[18:48] | Is it rare? Valuable? | 有稀有吧? |
[18:50] | Costs about a dollar. | 要$1 |
[18:51] | Any pet store has a hundred of ’em. | 哪一家都有l00条 |
[18:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:55] | He brought a fishing net into the house. | 他带了渔网进来 |
[18:57] | And he turned on the light over the aquarium. | 他打开了水族箱的灯 |
[18:59] | Well, does anybody have any ideas? | 谁有看法? |
[19:00] | Maybe it swallowed something. | 也许它吞掉什么东西 |
[19:02] | Like, a diamond. | 像是钻石 |
[19:03] | Does anybody besides Randy have any ideas? | 有人支持Randy的观点吗? |
[19:06] | Monk, come here. | Monk 过来 |
[19:10] | Look, how’s it goin’? | 怎么样? |
[19:11] | I’ve been worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[19:13] | No, uh, I’ve been worried about me too. | 不 我也在担心自己 |
[19:15] | How are those interviews going? Did you find anybody? | 面试怎么样? 看到谁了? |
[19:18] | I’ve narrowed it down… | 没有满意的 |
[19:20] | to nobody. | |
[19:24] | Whatever happened with your wife’s niece? | 你的妻子的侄子怎么了 |
[19:26] | The one who’s the nurse? | 那个护士? |
[19:27] | – She never called me. – Yeah, I know. | 她从来没有打过电话给我 |
[19:29] | Um… here’s the thing, Monk. | 我知道了 还有 |
[19:34] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[19:35] | I understand. | 我知道了 |
[19:36] | Captain! | 队长 |
[19:37] | We ID’d the intruder that, uh, Miss Teeger killed. | 我们找到Teeger小姐杀的那个人了 |
[19:41] | Brian Lemmon. | Bryan Raymond 小职业联队的 |
[19:42] | Minor league creep. | Bryan Raymond 小职业联队的 |
[19:44] | Does that ring a bell? | 什么意思? |
[19:45] | Nah, never heard of him. | 没听说过 |
[19:46] | One, two, three… five falls. | l 2 3 5 倒下 |
[19:50] | Couple of B&E’s and receiving stolen property. | B和E的人都被偷东西了 |
[19:53] | Was there an address book or anything in his wallet? | 他的钱包有联络本子吗? |
[19:55] | No wallet, no keys. | 没有钱包 没有钥匙 |
[19:57] | This is, uh, all we found. | 我们就发现了这个 |
[19:59] | It was in his back pocket. | 在他的后袋子里面 |
[20:00] | “2:30 Sea of Tranquility.” What is that? | – 2:30 宁静海 – 什么 俱乐部? |
[20:03] | – A club? – No, I don’t think so. | 我想不是的 |
[20:05] | Who’d want to go to a club called the Sea of Tranquility? | 我想不是的 谁去过叫宁静海的俱乐部? |
[20:07] | Besides you. | 包括你? |
[20:08] | I think it’s some kind of spa or holistic retreat… | 我想那是美容院或者是服务 |
[20:10] | No, it’s not a spa. | 不是美容院 |
[20:12] | It’s an exhibit at the science museum. | 那是科学馆的展览品 |
[20:13] | My kid went there last week on a field trip. | 我的孩子去过 |
[20:25] | Mitch wanted to be an astronaut. | Micky想成为太空员 |
[20:27] | That was his dream. | 那是他的梦想 |
[20:30] | Three days after his plane went down, | 三天前他的飞机下来了 |
[20:33] | he got a registered letter from NASA. | 收到航天局的注册信 |
[20:36] | He’d been accepted into their training program. | 他被接受去往训练基地 |
[20:41] | It hurts, I know. | 我知道很痛 |
[20:43] | Life goes on. | 生活继续 |
[20:48] | Doesn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[20:52] | Hello! I’m a white corpuscle! | 你好 我是白色微粒 |
[20:54] | I’m an important part of your body’s defense system! | 我是你身体很重要的抵抗组成机能 |
[20:57] | I travel through your bloodstream | 在你的血液里面旅行 |
[20:59] | and I fight bacteria | 与细菌和疾病做斗争 |
[21:00] | and diseases! | |
[21:02] | Would you like to know more about me? | 还想对我有更多的了解吗? |
[21:03] | No. I’d like to know less about you. | 不 不想 |
[21:22] | They weren’t big on dental hygiene, were they? | 口腔卫生就是这样 |
[21:28] | – Natalie. – Hm? | 嗯? |
[21:30] | This man didn’t freeze to death. | 这个人不怕死 |
[21:34] | He was murdered. | 被谋杀了 |
[21:36] | There’s a puncture wound in the side of his skull. | 可以看到他的头盖骨 受到撞击 |
[21:38] | It was over 30,000 years ago. | 那超过了30000 |
[21:40] | Well, there’s no statute of limitations on murder. | 那个时候没有谋杀的法令 |
[21:47] | I think I know what happened. | 我想就是那样 |
[21:49] | Detective Monk, why don’t we solve my case first? | 我们为什么不先办案子? |
[21:51] | Then we’ll come back here later and figure out who killed Og, okay? | 迟点再回到这里 搞清楚谁杀Orger 好吗? |
[22:01] | Welcome to the Sea of Tranquility, | 欢迎来到宁静海 |
[22:04] | where, on July 20th, 1969, | 1969年7月20日 |
[22:08] | Commander Neil Armstrong took one small step for man, | 尼尔阿姆斯壮 走下了 |
[22:12] | one giant leap for mankind. | 人的一小步 人类一大步 |
[22:14] | And those of us that are old enough to have seen it | 我们的那些人够大了 |
[22:16] | will never forget it. | 看它 却永远忘不了 |
[22:18] | Now, over here is the highlight of our exhibit. | 这是我们展品的高潮 |
[22:21] | This is an actual moon rock | 这是来自月球的石头 |
[22:23] | that was brought back by the crew of Apollo 11. | 由阿波罗ll号船员带回来的 |
[22:26] | There are only 234 moon rocks | 他们只有234块 |
[22:28] | that were brought back to planet earth. | 带回到地球上 |
[22:31] | And we’ve cut a little hole here in the side of the exhibit | 我们在这个展品开了一个小洞 |
[22:33] | so that you can reach in with your fingers and touch it if you want to. | 如果你愿意 还可以伸进手指去模 |
[22:37] | That’s the guy. | 就是他 |
[22:38] | Who, the tour guide? | 谁? 导游? |
[22:40] | He’s the meter reader. | 他来看水表的 |
[22:41] | That’s the guy that was in my house. | 他到过我的房子 |
[22:51] | This is called a plasma sphere. | 这里是等离子区 |
[22:54] | And inside the sphere, there are millions of ions | 在里面有百万个离子 产生电子的反应 – |
[22:57] | reacting to the electrical charge to create what? | 产生了什么? – 能量 |
[23:01] | You said the meter man had black hair. | 你说那个看水表的人是黑头发 |
[23:03] | He must’ve been wearing a wig. | 一定是戴了假发 |
[23:05] | But that’s the guy. | 但就是他 我在酒吧工作 |
[23:06] | I work in a bar. I’m good with faces. | 认人很在行 |
[23:08] | Maybe we should say something. | 也许找他谈谈 看有什么反应 |
[23:10] | See how he reacts. | 不 不要打草惊蛇 |
[23:12] | No, if he is the guy, we don’t want him to know we know. | 不 不要打草惊蛇 |
[23:14] | – Okay. – Let’s go. | 好 我们走 |
[23:16] | Welcome to The Miracle of Birth. | 欢迎来到生育奇迹 |
[23:18] | Sexual reproduction is the fertilization of the female egg… | 性的结果就是 |
[23:22] | We’re gonna step carefully through this opening into the womb, | 精子对卵子的受精 小心的到达子宫 |
[23:24] | and then we’re gonna take a left up the fallopian tubes. | 然后是左边的输卵管 |
[23:28] | Here we go. | 行了 |
[23:30] | Do it carefully. That’s it. | 小心 |
[23:32] | Turn sideways if you have to. | 放到一边 |
[23:33] | Now you’re in the womb. | 现在你就在子宫里面 |
[23:35] | Go left up the fallopian tubes. | 去到左边的输卵管 |
[23:38] | There we go. | 行了 |
[23:43] | Welcome to The Miracle of Birth. | 欢迎来到生育奇迹 |
[23:46] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no. | 哦 不 哦 不 |
[23:48] | Detective Monk, hurry up. He’s getting away! | 快点 他要走了 |
[23:50] | You are standing in the uterus… | 你站在子宫里面 |
[23:53] | Hurry! | 快点 |
[24:01] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[24:03] | Ha! Ah! | |
[24:04] | Wait. Okay, wait, wait, wait. | 等等我 |
[24:06] | Wait… listen. | |
[24:07] | Maybe I… I should’ve mentioned this earlier, but… | 也许我该早点说 但是 |
[24:10] | I… See, the thing is, I have a number of phobias. | 我有很多禁忌 |
[24:14] | – You? No. – Oh, yes. | 你? 不可能 真的 |
[24:16] | Yes, and one of them, | 是的 |
[24:17] | near the top of the list, actually, | 最可怕的是 |
[24:21] | is the miracle of birth. | 生育奇迹 |
[24:22] | Y-you’re gonna be okay. Just take my hand. | 没事的 抓住我的手 |
[24:28] | Okay, fetus ahead! | 前面是胎儿 |
[24:33] | Oh, no! | 哦 不 不 我不行 |
[24:34] | Ooh, I can’t go up there. | 不 我不行 |
[24:36] | Ah, I-I don’t even know this woman. | 我甚至不认识这个女人 |
[24:38] | Okay, but we’re gonna lose him! | 好 我们要弄丢他们了 |
[24:40] | Eh… Pretend you’re in a funhouse! | 想象你就在奇妙屋 |
[24:42] | Funhou… No. | 奇妙屋? |
[24:44] | What’s fun about fallopian tubes? | 输卵管有什么好奇妙的? |
[24:46] | I can’t… I gotta… | 不行 |
[24:47] | I can’t now. | 真的不行 |
[24:49] | Okay, you know what, just forget it, okay? | 好了 你别想了 |
[24:50] | We’re outta here. | 走吧 |
[24:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:53] | No, no, no. We have to go through the pelvis. | 等等 不 穿过骨盆再说 |
[24:56] | I think this is gonna be a Cesarean. | 我看这是剖腹产子宫 |
[25:05] | Here he is. Lyle Peck, tour guide. | 他在那儿 Lyle Peck向导 |
[25:07] | Okay, all right. | 行 |
[25:09] | I will have the captain run a check on him. | 我会让警长留意他 |
[25:11] | I can’t believe you freaked out like that. | 真没想到你窝囊成这样 |
[25:13] | Human sexuality is a natural thing. | 性是很自然的事情 |
[25:16] | Well, we disagree about that. | 我们观点相左 |
[25:38] | Are you hungry? | 饿了吗? |
[25:40] | Here you go. | 走吧 |
[25:42] | You bought this kit in the gift shop at the museum? | 这是你在博物馆礼品店 买的工具盒吗? |
[25:45] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 买来的时候盒子是开的吗? |
[25:46] | Was the box open when you bought it? | 买来的时候盒子是开的吗? |
[25:48] | Maybe, I don’t know. | 好像是吧 我不知道 |
[25:50] | You think they’re after something from the kit? | 你认为他们在盒子里做了手脚? |
[25:52] | Well, Peck works at the museum. | Nataliearker在博物馆工作 |
[25:54] | He might’ve stashed something in the box, | 他可能藏了什么东西在盒子里面 |
[25:56] | and now he’s trying to get it back. | 现在他想把它取回 |
[25:57] | Honey, when you bought this, did you give ’em your name? | 亲爱的 你买盒子的时候 告诉了他们你的名字吗? |
[26:00] | I might’ve signed a mailing list. | 我好像填了邮单 |
[26:04] | What exactly was in the kit? | 这里面是什么 |
[26:07] | Um, a rock, a treasure chest, a deep sea diver, | 石头 |
[26:10] | and some gravel. | 宝库 深海潜水员和沙砾 |
[26:12] | Look in the treasure chest. | 朝宝库里面看 |
[26:14] | Nah… nothing. | 不 什么也没有 |
[26:16] | What about the gravel? | 那沙砾呢? |
[26:17] | I don’t see it. | 没看到 |
[26:19] | I’d like to take this whole aquarium back to the lab. | 我要把整个鱼池 带回到实验室去 |
[26:22] | Okay. | 行 |
[26:23] | Oh, wait, you know what, you can’t. | – 噢 等等看出名堂了吗? – 没这本事 |
[26:25] | Uh, there’s a science fair at Julie’s school tonight. | Julie 学校今晚有科技展 |
[26:27] | This is her project. | 这是她朝思暮想的事 |
[26:29] | Not anymore. | 什么都没了 |
[26:30] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[26:32] | Mr. Franklin disqualified me. | Franklin老师取消了我的资格 |
[26:34] | He disqualified you? | 取消了你的资格? |
[26:47] | Mr. Franklin, I’m Natalie Teeger. | Franklin老师? |
[26:49] | I’m Julie’s mother. | 我是Natalie Teeger 我是Julie 的妈妈 |
[26:50] | Oh, yes. | 哦 |
[26:51] | I remember you from Parents’ Night. | 我记得你是双亲夜校的 |
[26:53] | Excuse the mess. We’ve been making volcanoes. | 抱歉这儿一团糟 我们在做火山实验 |
[26:55] | Did you tell Julie that she couldn’t bring her fish to the science fair? | 你告诉Julie 她不能把鱼带到科技展了吗? |
[26:59] | Yes. I did. | 是的 |
[27:02] | Mrs. Teeger, sit, please. | Teeger夫人 坐吧 |
[27:07] | Or stand. That’s fine. | 也许站着更舒服 |
[27:10] | Mrs. Teeger, you need to understand I teach science, | Teeger夫人 你要明白 |
[27:13] | not science fiction. | 我教的是科技 不是科幻 |
[27:15] | I can’t approve a project | 如果一个学生只想演示一个离奇设想 |
[27:17] | if a student is just making things up. | 那我不会同意 |
[27:18] | Are you saying Julie is lying? | 你是说Julie 在撒谎吗? |
[27:20] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[27:22] | I’ve seen Julie’s fish. | 我看过了Julie 的鱼 |
[27:24] | It’s an ordinary crimson marble fish. | 那是种普通的深红石雕鱼 |
[27:26] | She said she’s had it since she was five. | 她说她五岁就有了 |
[27:29] | – Yeah, that’s right. – That’s impossible. | 是的 没错 那不可能 |
[27:31] | A marble fish lives a year, year and a half at most. | 石雕鱼只能活一年 至多一年半 |
[27:35] | Either Judy’s mistaken, or she’s trying to pull a fast one. | 不管是不是她弄错了 还是她存心捣乱 |
[27:37] | Either way, I have an obligation to my other students. | 而且我对其他学生也负有责任 |
[27:50] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[27:51] | Well, I was not happy about the way this… | 我对这种方式不满意 |
[27:54] | Okay, you know, it doesn’t matter. | 这没关系 |
[27:55] | What do you call a guy who studies fish? | 研究鱼类的人怎么称呼? |
[27:57] | – An ichthyologist. – That’s what you are. | 鱼类学者 那就是你了 |
[27:59] | – No, I’m not. – Yes, you are. | 不 我不是 不 你就是 |
[28:01] | I really don’t think I am. | 我真的不是 |
[28:03] | Yeah, for the next five minutes, you are. | 再过五分钟你就是 |
[28:05] | I need you to tell Julie’s teacher | 我要你告诉Julie 的老师 |
[28:06] | that a marble fish can live longer than two years, okay? | 石雕鱼能活过两年 好吗? |
[28:09] | Wait a minute, what? Wait, Natalie. | 等会儿? 等等 Natalie |
[28:12] | Wait a second. Wait. | 等等 |
[28:14] | Here’s the thing. Uh, I can’t lie. | 问题是我不会撒谎 |
[28:16] | Uh, I’m not good at it. | 我没这方面特长 |
[28:18] | I got lucky with that Tic-Tac thing. | 我对那没兴趣 |
[28:19] | Are you a man? | 你是男人吗? |
[28:21] | – Am I… – Are you a man? | 你是男人吗? |
[28:22] | Yes. | 是 |
[28:23] | Then you can lie. That’s what men do. | 那你就会撒谎 男人都会撒谎 |
[28:27] | Mr. Franklin? | Franklin先生 |
[28:29] | Uh, when Julie told me about your problem, | 当Julie 把你的事情告诉我时 |
[28:31] | I called Berkeley and talked to the science department, | 我打电话给Berkly 找了科技部 |
[28:33] | and found my own expert. | 找到了专家 |
[28:35] | This is Professor Larry Tilburn. | 这位是Larry Tiben教授 |
[28:38] | He was kind enough to meet me here this morning. | 他今早来找我 |
[28:40] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[28:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[28:47] | He’s an ick… Icky… | 他是鱼 |
[28:50] | – Ichthyologist. | – Ichthyologist. 鱼类学家 鱼类学家 他世界知名 |
[28:51] | He’s world renowned. | 鱼类学家 他世界知名 |
[28:53] | Has written just a page-turner of a book on fresh water fish. | 他刚写了一部巨著 是关于淡水鱼的 |
[28:56] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | 真的吗? |
[28:58] | What’s it called? | 书名是什么? |
[29:01] | “Fresh Water Fish,” by Larry Tilburn. | ”淡水鱼” Larry Tilbur著 |
[29:05] | Mm. Great title. | 题目很棒 |
[29:06] | Uh, I tried to read it, and just forget it. | 我想拜读,可是忘了 |
[29:15] | Professor? | 教授? |
[29:18] | Professor Tilburn? | Tilbur教授? |
[29:20] | Professor Tilburn. | Tilbur教授? |
[29:23] | Mr. Franklin here doesn’t think that Julie’s fish… | Franklin先生认为Julie 的鱼 |
[29:25] | you know the one that I showed you… | 就是我给你看的那种 |
[29:27] | could live longer than a year or two. | 不止活一两年 |
[29:30] | What do you think? | 你的看法? |
[29:34] | – I think it can. – I don’t see how. | 我想能 我不明白 |
[29:36] | It’s a common variety marble fish. | 那只是种普通的石雕鱼 |
[29:39] | Has a miniscule genome size | 基因组简单 |
[29:40] | and almost no immune system. | 几乎没有免疫系统 |
[29:44] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[29:46] | Let’s get outta here. | 离开这儿 |
[29:49] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[29:50] | That’s true… about most marble fish. | 很多石雕鱼是那样 |
[29:54] | But this is a completely different species. | 可那是完全不同的品种 |
[29:57] | This is the North… Korean marble fish. | 它是韩国 石雕鱼 |
[30:02] | North Korean? | 韩国? |
[30:03] | It’s a very strong fish. It’s a very tough fish. | 一种生命力很强的鱼 |
[30:09] | Would have to be to live in a country like, uh… | 它生活在比如说 |
[30:14] | North Korea. | 韩国 |
[30:15] | Right. | 是的 |
[30:17] | This fish could live for… | 这种鱼能活 |
[30:20] | Oh, my God, three or four years. | 三四年 |
[30:23] | Four and a half… | 四年半 |
[30:25] | Or five. | 五年或者六年 |
[30:26] | Or six. | 嗯 |
[30:28] | Or six… six… That’s it. Six years. | 或者六年 是的 六年 |
[30:31] | I’d like to read your book. What did you say your name was? Tilburn. | 我要看看你的大作 |
[30:37] | Larry… T-I-L-B-U-R-N? | 你说的书名是什么? |
[30:41] | Okay, okay, okay, okay! | 行了 行了 |
[30:45] | Truth is, it’s not the same fish. | 事实是 鱼儿种类不同 |
[30:49] | – Yes, it is. Sure it is. – Let it go. | 是的 当然了 别说了 |
[30:52] | I’ve replaced it every year. | 我每年都换新的 |
[30:54] | Julie’s dad gave it to her before he died. | Julie 生前送给她的 |
[30:57] | I don’t have the heart to tell her the truth. | 我无心告诉她真相 |
[30:59] | It’s all that she has left of him. | 这是他给她的全部 |
[31:00] | So, Mr. Franklin, if you wanna call that little girl | Franklin先生 如果你想给那小女孩电话 |
[31:03] | and tell her that the fish that she’s been talking to | 告诉她和她一直相伴的鱼 |
[31:05] | and praying to for the last six years is dead, | 她为之祈祷的鱼六年前就死了 |
[31:08] | then you know what, go ahead! I’ll dial it for you. | 那你就打吧 我给你拨 |
[31:11] | Okay, okay. I didn’t know. | 行了 我不知道这件事 |
[31:13] | She can bring the fish to the science fair. | 她可以把鱼带到科技展 |
[31:16] | If you like, I’ll even swing by your house later | 如果你允许 |
[31:18] | and pick up the aquarium. | 我明天甚至可以去替她搬鱼缸 |
[31:19] | Thank you. | 多谢 可我不能让她获奖 |
[31:21] | But I can’t give her an award. | 可我不能让她获奖 |
[31:23] | Mr. Franklin, she doesn’t need an award. | Franklin老师 她不需要奖赏 |
[31:25] | She just needs to make it through middle school without fallin’ apart. | 只要让她不心伤地 上到中学就足够了 |
[31:29] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[31:31] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[31:35] | You really are the worst liar in the whole world. | 你真是全世界最蹩脚的骗子 |
[31:37] | I tried to tell you that. | 我告诉过你 |
[31:40] | An honest man. | 一个诚实的男人 |
[31:42] | Who’d have thunk it? | 谁会想到? |
[31:45] | Come on, Larry. I’ll take you home. | 走吧 Larry 我送你回家 |
[32:14] | I’ll just be a minute. I have to pick up my check. | 等等 我要对帐单 |
[32:16] | It’s a nice place. | 好地方 |
[32:18] | It’s a toilet. | 那是马桶 |
[32:19] | Uh, wouldn’t exactly call it a toilet. | 我不这么看 |
[32:21] | Um, have a seat. | |
[32:23] | Where? | 坐吧 哪儿? |
[32:24] | Uh, well, there’s a lot of chairs. Take your pick. | 哪儿? 很多椅子 你随便挑吧 嗯… |
[32:34] | How about that one? | 这把怎么样? |
[32:39] | Or that one. | 这把呢? |
[32:41] | Natalie, so I’ve been thinking. | Natalie 我一直在想 |
[32:47] | Uh, if you… if you really hate it here. | 如果你真的讨厌你的工作 |
[32:50] | I mean, if you’re really not happy… | 如果你不快乐的话 |
[32:54] | If you really hate it here… | 如果你真的…真的讨厌 |
[32:58] | I am looking for a new assistant. | 我就另找新的助理 |
[33:03] | Thank you, Adrian. I appreciate that. | 谢谢 Adrian 我很感激 |
[33:05] | But I’m not the “girl Friday” type. | 我可不是应召女郎 |
[33:07] | Yeah, I understand. I couldn’t work for me either. | 我明白 我不能照顾自己 |
[33:10] | To tell you the truth, | 说实话 |
[33:12] | I don’t know how… how Sharona lasted as long as she did. | 我不明白Sharona怎么能坚持那么久 |
[33:25] | Hey, Clem, I need to pick up my paycheck. | Clemm 我来领薪水 |
[33:27] | Yeah, right here. | 好的 给 |
[33:29] | Actually, I was just about to call you. | 我正要给你电话 |
[33:32] | Carly just walked. I need you to fill in tonight. | Karle刚走 你今晚顶替她 |
[33:34] | Yeah, I can’t help you. | 我帮不上忙 |
[33:35] | There’s a science fair at my kid’s school. | 我女儿要参加科技展 |
[33:37] | Well, I got a kid too, but I’m here. | 我也有孩子 可我还是坚持岗位 |
[33:39] | Your kid’s in jail, Clem. | 你的孩子在蹲监 Clemm |
[33:40] | You think that’s funny, huh? | 很滑稽吗? |
[33:42] | You know, Teeger, I’m getting pretty tired of your attitude. | 你知道 Teeger 我讨厌你的态度 |
[33:45] | All right, the last time I asked you to help me out here, | 上次我要你来帮我 |
[33:48] | you bailed on me. | 你没给我面子 |
[33:50] | Are you talking about yesterday? | 你是说昨天吗? |
[33:51] | Sorry I couldn’t be here, Clem. | 抱歉我不能来 Clemm |
[33:53] | I was watchin’ the cops carry a body out of my house. | 我当时看着警察从我家拖出具尸体 |
[33:55] | Yeah. I heard about that. | 我听说了 |
[33:57] | Well, I guess you did what you had to do. | 我想你做了你该做的事情 |
[33:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:01] | And that’s exactly what I’m doing right now. | 这也正是我现在做的 |
[34:03] | I got a business to run, Teeger. | 我要做生意 Teeger |
[34:05] | So you wanna see more of these or not? | 你不想生意好吗? |
[34:12] | Fine. I’ll be here. | 好的 我会来的 |
[34:14] | Good. | 好的 |
[34:17] | Where are you? | 你去哪儿了? |
[34:21] | Ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[34:23] | Natalie. I know what they’re after. | Natalie 我知道他们在找什么 |
[34:25] | – You do? – Where’s Julie? | 真的吗? |
[34:27] | Wh-Where’s Julie? | Julie呢? Julie在哪儿? |
[34:30] | This is my fire extinguisher. | 这是我的灭火器 |
[34:32] | I invented it myself using an oxygen tank, | 是我发明的 使用氧气瓶 |
[34:35] | some compressed air, and an ordinary garden hose. | 压缩空气 还有普通的花园软管 |
[34:38] | Where is she? | 人呢? |
[34:40] | I don’t know. | I don’t know. 人呢? 我不知道 |
[34:41] | Oh, Stacy. Have you seen Julie? | 我不知道 Stacy 看到Julie 了吗? |
[34:43] | I think she’s over there. | 我想她在那儿 |
[34:47] | Captain, thank you for coming. | 队长 谢谢赏脸 |
[34:49] | Okay, fill me in. | 好了 说来听听吧 |
[34:51] | Okay. I know what they’ve been after. | 我知道他们找什么 |
[34:52] | Look. | 瞧 |
[34:55] | The moon rock? | 月亮上的石头? |
[34:57] | It’s the most valuable rock in the world. | 月亮上的石头? 世界上最昂贵的石头 |
[34:59] | It’s more valuable than any diamond. | 比任何珠宝都珍贵 |
[35:01] | A rock half this size was sold in Japan for $2 million. | 比这小一半尺寸的石头在日本卖200万美元 |
[35:05] | Okay. | 明白了 |
[35:06] | Well, I knew that I had seen that rock before somewhere. | 我知道那块石头我在哪儿见过 |
[35:09] | It was in Julie Teeger’s aquarium. | 是在Julie Teeger的鱼缸里 |
[35:13] | It was right in front of us the whole time. | 一直都在我们眼前 |
[35:15] | Here’s what happened: | 事情是这样的 |
[35:16] | There’s a tour guide at the museum named Peck. | 博物馆有个导游 |
[35:18] | Lyle Peck. | 名叫Peck Lyle Peck |
[35:20] | Last weekend, he stole the moon rock. | 上周末 他偷走了这块月亮岩石 |
[35:23] | It was probably Sunday night after they closed. | 可能是在星期天晚上 在他们锁门之后 |
[35:27] | He waited until the guards were distracted | 他乘着门卫不注意 |
[35:29] | or between shifts. | 或者交接的时候 |
[35:31] | Peck has worked there for years. | Peck在那儿工作多年 |
[35:33] | He’s practically a fixture, | 他非常熟悉 |
[35:34] | so he definitely knew their routine. | 他清楚路线 |
[35:37] | Why didn’t the museum report it? | 为什么博物馆不报警呢? |
[35:39] | The museum never missed it. | 博物馆不知道 |
[35:40] | They didn’t know it was stolen. They still don’t! | 他们不知道被偷了 他们不知道 |
[35:44] | Peck replaced it with an exact duplicate. | Peck用一块复制品替换 |
[35:47] | Wait, you mean this is just a regular rock? | 你是说用一块普通的石头? |
[35:50] | Son of a bitch, I stood in line for half an hour | 妈的 |
[35:52] | just to touch this stupid thing. | 我站在这警卫半个小时 还是遇上这种倒霉事 |
[35:53] | Right. But Peck had a problem. | 是的 但是遇到麻烦 |
[35:55] | He still had to get the moon rock out of the building. | 他还得把石头 带出博物馆 |
[35:59] | They were searching everybody. Even the employees. | 可是警卫要搜查每个人 即便是工作人员 |
[36:03] | So since there was no way for him to get it through security, | 所以他无路可退 没办法通过安检 |
[36:07] | he had to improvise. | 他做了临时决定 |
[36:10] | He hid the rock in the gift shop. | 他把岩石藏在礼品店中 |
[36:13] | Inside one of those aquarium kits. | 放在鱼缸礼品盒里 |
[36:18] | Then he marked the box. | 然后做上记号 |
[36:21] | He probably planned to have his accomplice, Brian Lemmon, | 他打算让他的同伙Brian Raymond |
[36:24] | pick it up the next morning. | 第二天去取 |
[36:26] | But the girl got there first. | 可是Julie 赶了个先 |
[36:29] | Exactly, Julie Teeger bought it that morning | 没错 Julie |
[36:32] | and took it home. | Teeger买到了那个礼品盒并带回了家 我来了 |
[36:37] | The next day Peck tried to steal it, | 第二天 Peck设法来偷 |
[36:39] | posing as a meter reader. | 假装成读表员 |
[36:41] | When that didn’t work, Brian Lemmon broke in. | 可是没得逞 Bryan Raymond破门而入 |
[36:44] | But he didn’t count on Natalie waking up | 可是他没有料到Natalie醒了 |
[36:46] | or that pair of scissors. | 没有想到迎接他的是剪刀 |
[36:49] | What? | 怎么了? |
[36:51] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[36:54] | Natalie. | 这位是Henry先生 |
[36:55] | This is Mr. Henry. | |
[36:57] | – We gotta grab that rock. – Just… | 我们去取岩石 |
[36:59] | Mr. Henry is a marble fish. | Henry先生是石雕鱼 |
[37:00] | And most marble fish only live for about a year. | 很多石雕鱼只活大概一年 |
[37:03] | But Mr. Henry is six years old, | 可是Henry活六年了 |
[37:06] | and he’s still as frisky as ever. | 而且还和以前一样活泼 |
[37:08] | And that is thanks to my special diet | 那是因为我的特殊饲方 |
[37:11] | of ground-up vitamins, Rice Crispies, | 维他命 |
[37:14] | and cucumbers. | 米糠和南瓜 |
[37:39] | Fire! | 火 着火了 |
[37:40] | It’s on fire. | 火 着火了 |
[37:45] | All right, everybody stay calm. | 大家保持镇定 |
[37:47] | No running. Stay calm. | 不要跑 镇定 |
[37:50] | Here use this. It’s a fire extinguisher. | 给 用这个 灭火器 |
[37:52] | Hey, thanks, kid. | 哥们 谢谢 |
[37:57] | – What’s in this? – Turpentine. | 里面是什么? 松油 |
[38:18] | He stole my fish! | 他偷我的鱼 |
[38:20] | – Hey! – Peck! | 老天 我逮着他了 |
[39:45] | Peck | Peck! |
[39:46] | Don’t move. | 不许动 |
[39:49] | On your face. | 脸贴着地 |
[39:59] | Look out, I got a fish here! | 小心 鱼来了 |
[40:01] | Coming through, flapping around! Flapping fish! | 借过 还是活的 活鱼来了 |
[40:07] | Oh, Monk! Monk. | 噢 |
[40:12] | Get him, get him. | Monk 哈! |
[40:14] | – Oh, hold on, Mr. Henry. – Look out! | 快点 |
[40:15] | Coming through. Coming through. | 小心 劳驾 劳驾 |
[40:20] | You saved him. | 你救了他 |
[40:25] | Oh. | 噢 谢谢你 |
[40:47] | Pretty crazy day, huh? | 很惊心动魄吧? |
[40:49] | Think you’ll be able to sleep? | 睡的着吗? |
[40:51] | Yeah, I think so. | 我想可以 |
[40:52] | How’s Mr. Henry? | Henry先生怎样了? |
[40:54] | Oh, he’s fine. | 哦 他很好 他是只很勇敢的鱼 |
[40:55] | He’s a very brave fish. | 哦 他很好 他是只很勇敢的鱼 |
[40:58] | Mr. Monk saved his life. | Monk先生救了他的命 |
[41:01] | You know that moon rock is worth over two million bucks? | 你知道月亮上的石头值200万吗? |
[41:04] | But when Mr. Henry was in trouble, | 可是关键时刻 |
[41:06] | Mr. Monk forgot all about that moon rock. | Monk先生考虑的不是月亮石 |
[41:09] | All he cared about was saving Mr. Henry. | 他想到的是拯救Henry |
[41:13] | I could only think of one other man in the whole world | 全世界再也找不出第二个这样的人了 |
[41:16] | who would have done something like that. | 谁会这样做呢 |
[41:18] | Daddy. | 爸爸? |
[41:20] | Daddy. | 爸爸 嗯 |
[41:25] | I love you, angel. | 我爱你 天使 |
[41:26] | Love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[41:28] | Okay, good night. | 好了 晚安 |
[41:29] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:30] | Oh, sleep well. | 好好睡 |
[41:53] | Mr. Monk, it’s Natalie Teeger. | Monk先生 我是Natalie Teeger |
[41:55] | Yeah, I was calling to see if you still needed the assistant. | 我打电话给你想看看 是否你还需要生活助理 |
[41:59] | No, I can’t come tonight. | 不 今晚我不来了 |
[42:01] | Because I can’t leave my daughter. | 因为我不能离开我的女儿 |
[42:04] | Okay, okay, okay, just relax. | 好了 |
[42:07] | How big is the spider? | 好了 到底怎么了? |