时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Harold! You’re early. | Harold 你来早了 |
[00:15] | I know. I’m picking something up. | 对 |
[00:18] | Where’s Peggy? | 回来拿点东西 |
[00:19] | Thought you two were joined at the hip. | Brigitte呢?你俩不是形影不离的吗? |
[00:54] | Yes? | – 喂? – 进展如何? |
[00:55] | How’s it going, Harold? | – 喂? – 进展如何? |
[00:57] | I’m in. I’m doing it. | 进来了 正在张罗 |
[00:58] | Friendly reminder… | 好心提醒你 |
[01:00] | don’t be a hero. | 别逞英雄 |
[01:02] | We hear a police siren, Peggy’s dead. | 警钟一响 Brigitte就没命 |
[01:04] | Is she okay? Can I talk to her? | – 她有没有事?让我们谈谈 |
[01:05] | Just hurry up. | – 赶快 |
[01:07] | Please let me just talk to– He– Let me– Hello? | 求求你 让我们谈谈 让我 喂? |
[01:43] | Back seat. | 后座 |
[01:47] | Let her go. You said you would. | 放走她 我们有言在先 |
[01:50] | Pleasure doing business with you. Thanks for the car, Harold. | 合作愉快 谢谢你的车 Harold |
[01:52] | Come here, Peggy. | 来 Brigitte |
[01:54] | Harold! | 来 Brigitte |
[01:55] | Everything all right? | Harold 你有没有事? |
[01:56] | Paul, I’m okay. No problem. | 没事 没有问题 |
[02:00] | Get out of the car! Both of you! | – 下车 – 开车 |
[02:02] | Do it! | 下车 |
[02:06] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[02:10] | Happy Halloween, man. | 万圣节快乐 |
[02:12] | Just relax. | 不要紧张嘛 |
[02:15] | – Vic! What did you do? – No choice. Him or me. | 你做什么?不是他死便是我亡 |
[02:18] | We could’ve just driven off! Get in the car! | 明明可以开车离开 快上车 |
[02:19] | I didn’t see anything. I didn’t see your face. | 我什么也没看见 没看见你们脸孔 |
[02:21] | Neither did Peggy, did you, sweetie? I’m not done. | 冷静 |
[02:25] | No! Ah! | 还有事要了结 |
[03:49] | Mr. Monk, are you okay? | 你没事吧?大家都在等你 |
[03:52] | Everybody’s waiting. | |
[03:53] | It’s over there. | – 就在那里 |
[03:54] | What? | – 什么? |
[03:56] | Dog, you know… | 那狗 那堆 |
[03:58] | Dog… doo. | 狗 大便 |
[04:01] | Did you step in it? | 你踏着了? |
[04:03] | If I stepped in it, | 若踏着了 |
[04:05] | I’d be in that ambulance right now | 我早已上了救伤车 |
[04:07] | on my way to the emergency room, wouldn’t I? | 赶赴急症室 是不? |
[04:09] | Praying for the sweet release that only death can bring. | 求上天让我一死来个了断 |
[04:12] | So, Monk, what do you think? | 有什么看法?疑犯有何特征? |
[04:14] | Who are we looking for? | |
[04:16] | Uh, I’d say it’s a terrier. | 我看是只约瑟爹利或者芝娃娃 |
[04:18] | A Yorkie, maybe a Chihuahua. | |
[04:20] | Probably miles away by now. We’ll never catch him. | 多半走得远了 抓不到 |
[04:24] | He can’t concentrate because of the– | 他集中不了精神因为 |
[04:27] | Because of the what? | 因为什么? |
[04:29] | The dog poo. | 狗粪 |
[04:34] | Lieutenant? | 副队 |
[04:39] | Clean that up for me, would you? | 帮我清理一下好吗? |
[04:42] | Thank you. | |
[04:44] | Sergeant? | – 沙展 |
[04:46] | Yes, sir? | – 是的 |
[04:48] | Clean that up. | 清理一下 |
[04:52] | No, don’t. | 不要 |
[05:02] | Sir, you can’t park there. | 先生 这里不能泊车 |
[05:03] | It’s all right. It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[05:04] | I’m a detective. | 我是侦探 |
[05:06] | I’m a detective. One second. Here we go. | 我是侦探 |
[05:09] | Here we, um… Hold that. | 等一等 |
[05:12] | I got it. | 等等 就在这里 |
[05:13] | I usually keep it right… | 通常放在 |
[05:16] | Oh, I got it. Here we go. | 找到了 |
[05:18] | Marty Eels, private investigator. | 你看 Marty Eels 私家侦探 |
[05:21] | I’m here to save your butts. Captain! | 我是来搭救你们的 队长 |
[05:24] | Captain Stottlemeyer! | Stottlemeyer队长 |
[05:26] | – Oh, hell. – Who’s that? | – 天 – 他是谁? |
[05:28] | Marty Eels. He’s a private investigator. | Marty Eels 是个私家侦探 |
[05:31] | Nickel and dime stuff. Divorces, insurance fraud. | 专查鸡毛蒜皮的离婚 保险骗案 |
[05:34] | He’s a professional pain in the ass. | 是个专业的帮倒忙 |
[05:36] | Hey, captain. Captain, you’re looking great! | 你气色好,不是清减就是衬衫大了 |
[05:38] | You’re losing weight or your shirts are getting bigger. | |
[05:40] | Marty. | |
[05:42] | I heard the D.A. pulled your license. | 听说检察署吊销了你的牌照 |
[05:44] | No, no, that was just a temporary suspension. | 不是 只是暂时停牌 |
[05:46] | No, no, no. No, no. | 没有的事 一场误会而已 |
[05:47] | That was just a little misunderstanding. | 没有的事 一场误会而已 |
[05:49] | A misunderstanding? | 误会 |
[05:50] | Well, that’s all ancient history anyway, so… | 陈年旧事 |
[05:52] | So I was just, you know, riding around in the neighborhood | 总之我在附近经过 |
[05:54] | and I heard a call go out on the police scanner– | 听到警方无线电通讯 所以 |
[05:56] | Look, Marty, I’m busy. | Marty 我没空 |
[05:57] | Yeah, that’s why I thought I’d come down here and lend a hand. | 所以我才想来帮帮忙 |
[06:00] | So what do we got? The jewelry store was robbed. | 情况如何?珠宝店劫案? |
[06:02] | Well, that’s obvious. | 明显不过 |
[06:03] | We got a dead rent-a-cop and a missing store manager. | 保安死了 经理又失踪 |
[06:06] | So, let me guess, you’re thinking the store manager– | 让我猜猜 你一定以为是经理 |
[06:08] | Yeah, something like that. | – 做的案 – 对 诸如此类 |
[06:10] | So let me look around, huh? | 让我打量一下?多几眼不会碍事 |
[06:12] | I mean, an extra pair of eyes can’t hurt. | |
[06:13] | And who knows? | 谁知道? |
[06:14] | I could see something you guys are missing. | 谁知道? 也许给我发现沧海遗珠哩 |
[06:16] | We’re not missing anything, Mr. Eels. | 没有沧海遗珠 |
[06:17] | We’ve got a CSI team here. | 鉴证科的同事来了 |
[06:19] | And, uh, see that man over there? | 看见那位仁兄吗? |
[06:21] | That’s Adrian Monk. | 是Adrian |
[06:23] | I think we’re in pretty good hands. | Monk 神机妙算 |
[06:25] | Captain, Monk says I can’t just throw this away. | 队长 |
[06:28] | I gotta take it, like, a mile away and bury it. | Monk说不可以扔掉 叫我埋在远处 |
[06:31] | Could I see that? | 让我看看行吗? |
[06:32] | Yeah. | |
[06:35] | You can’t throw this away. This–This is evidence. | 不可以扔掉 这是证物 |
[06:40] | This is fresh. | 相当新鲜 |
[06:43] | I’d say this is less than 90 minutes old. | 我看面世少于90分钟 |
[06:46] | Marty– | – 不正是案发时间? |
[06:47] | – But isn’t that when you said | |
[06:49] | all this was probably going down? | 不正是案发时间? |
[06:51] | The dog could’ve belonged to the victim | 狗儿可能属于受害人或者疑匪 |
[06:53] | or to one of the perps. | |
[06:55] | I think this is important. | |
[06:57] | Monk was gonna throw this away. | 我想相当重要 |
[06:59] | Um, you know, he might be right. | Monk却要求扔掉 |
[07:03] | Let’s, um, book that into evidence. | 他可能说得对 当证物处理 |
[07:06] | – Yes, sir. – Captain, look. | 是的 队长 你看 |
[07:11] | Did that store manager live in Oakland? | 经理是不是住在Oaklands的? |
[07:14] | Yeah, how’d you know that? | 对 你怎么知道? |
[07:16] | That’s his dog. | 狗是他的 来自Oaklands |
[07:18] | That’s from Oakland. | 狗是他的 来自Oaklands |
[07:20] | You can see the blue license on its collar. | 由颈圈的蓝色狗牌看得出 |
[07:23] | What, you can see that from here? | 这么远也看得见? |
[07:26] | A little something I call “attention to detail.” | 正是我所说的 |
[07:29] | But– | 明察秋毫 |
[07:31] | Go get the dog. | 把狗抓来 |
[07:36] | Adrian Monk, Natalie Teeger, this is Marty Eels. | Adrian Monk 这位是Marty Eels |
[07:40] | He’s a private investigator. | 是个私家侦探 |
[07:41] | Hey, how you doin’? How you doin’? | – 幸会幸会 |
[07:43] | I hear good things. Good things. | – 久仰大名 |
[07:44] | Don’t worry. I’m not competition. I’m just here to help. | 放心 我不是对手 只是来帮个忙 |
[07:47] | Can I have one of those? | 可否给我一张? |
[07:50] | So… what have we got? | 有什么发现? |
[07:52] | Captain, I don’t think the manager did this. | 队长 我看不是经理干的 |
[07:55] | For one thing, he didn’t lock the door behind him. | 起码他没有顺手关门 |
[07:58] | Plus, I notice some more blood by the curb. | 且路边有血迹 |
[08:01] | I think there was a second shooting. | 应该有第二次枪击 |
[08:03] | Yeah, he could be right. Very good. Nicely done. | 他可能说得对 干得好 |
[08:06] | – Nicely done. Thanks, sweetheart. – Captain! | 队长 |
[08:08] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[08:10] | Peggy belongs to the store manager. | Brigitte属于Harold |
[08:12] | “Harold Gumbal. Geary Street, Oakland.” | Gumbal经理 他们住在Oaklands |
[08:16] | You know, if the manager was robbing his own store, | 如果他监守自盗 |
[08:19] | he wouldn’t bring his dog along. | 肯定不会带狗上阵 |
[08:20] | Or leave him behind. | 也不会留下它不理 |
[08:22] | No, the manager is not the guy. | 也不会留下它不理 – |
[08:23] | No, that’s right. The manager is not the guy. | 不是经理干的 – 不是经理干的 |
[08:25] | – Here’s what happ– – Here’s what happened. | – 经过是 – 经过是这样的 |
[08:26] | Here’s what happened. This dog was a hostage. | 狗是人质 |
[08:29] | The manager was being forced to rob his store. | 经理被逼打劫店子 |
[08:33] | Something went wrong, and they shot the guard. | 出了岔子 贼人向保安开枪 |
[08:38] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[08:47] | What the hell is he doing? | 他干什么? |
[08:50] | Captain… | 队长 |
[08:51] | Well, he did spot the dog’s license from a block away. | 他毕竟远远看见狗牌 |
[08:54] | Okay. They drove off in Gumbal’s car. They headed south. | 他们开着Gumbal的车向南走 |
[09:00] | They’re going to dump it as soon as they can. | 一有机会就会弃车而逃 |
[09:02] | We’re already checking the airport. | 已经派人在机场搜查 |
[09:03] | No, that’s a waste of time. | 已经派人在机场搜查 浪费时间 他们嫌机场保安太严密 |
[09:05] | They would never go there. There’s too much security. | 浪费时间 他们嫌机场保安太严密 |
[09:07] | Try the train station. | – 试试火车站吧 |
[09:08] | Train station. | – 火车站 |
[09:09] | Yeah. Try San Bruno… | 对 |
[09:12] | or Millbrae. | 试试San Bruno或者Millbrae |
[09:14] | They probably panicked when they shot the guard. | 他们开枪之后一定心神大乱 |
[09:17] | Maybe they dropped the gun | 说不定在附近遗下枪或者血布 |
[09:20] | or some bloody clothes somewhere nearby. | |
[09:25] | What–What are you doing there? What– | 你在干什么? |
[09:29] | This dog has been sniffing around a sewer recently. | 这只狗最近嗅过沟渠 |
[09:34] | See these sewer grates around here? | 看到那边的沟渠盖吗? |
[09:37] | The perps might have stuffed something down in there | 也许藏在那里而狗目击经过 |
[09:40] | and maybe this dog saw them do it. | |
[09:43] | You gotta be kidding. He’s–He’s kidding, right? | – 你一定是开玩笑 – 他开玩笑吧 |
[09:45] | He’s joking. The man is joking. | 这家伙开玩笑 |
[09:48] | It’ll just take two minutes to check it. | 查清楚不过两分钟时间的事 |
[09:52] | Officer! Take a look in that sewer grate. | – 手足 |
[09:55] | Captain. From smelling a dog. | 看看沟渠 – |
[09:58] | That’s impossible. | 队长 就凭狗的味道 不可能 |
[10:02] | Captain! | 果然塞了东西 |
[10:04] | They were stuffed down the drain just like he said. | 真的没说错 |
[10:15] | No. | 没有 |
[10:17] | No, Mom. I wasn’t on the news. | 妈 我没有上电视 |
[10:21] | ‘Cause there were no reporters there yet. | 因为当时没有记者 |
[10:23] | Mm-hmm. I found a lot of clues. I found three or four big clues. | 我发现了三四个重大线索 |
[10:28] | Cap-Captain was very impressed with me. | 队长很佩服 |
[10:30] | Wait. He just walked in. | 他刚进门口 |
[10:31] | He’ll tell you. One second. | 让他告诉你好了 等等 |
[10:33] | Captain, it’s my mother. | 是我妈 |
[10:35] | Tell her– Tell her how good I was on the crime scene. | 告诉她我多厉害 |
[10:41] | Uh, Mrs. Eels? | Eels太太?对 |
[10:43] | Hi. Uh, yeah. Marty did great. | Marty很了不起 |
[10:45] | You’d be very proud of him. | 你一定很骄傲 |
[10:46] | He’s a first-rate detective. | 他是一流侦探 |
[10:49] | I look forward to meeting you too, ma’am. | 我也很希望见个面 |
[10:51] | Okay, bye-bye. | 再见 |
[10:53] | What were those beeps? | 刚才是什么声音? |
[10:55] | She was–she was at work. | 她在上班 |
[10:56] | She works for Pacific Global Airlines. | 在航空公司工作 |
[10:58] | She’s a– She’s a quality control operator. | 是个质素监控员 |
[11:01] | Come on. Come. Come on in. Sit down. Sit down. | 来来 |
[11:04] | Here. Natalie, come sit down. | 坐下 |
[11:06] | Come sit down. Make yourself at home. | 坐下来 |
[11:08] | Monk, sit. | 不要客气 坐哪里也行 |
[11:09] | – Sit anywhere. – Oh, that’s okay. I’m not fine. | 没关系 我不舒服 |
[11:12] | – Did he just say he’s not fine? – Yeah. | – 他说他不舒服 – 对 |
[11:16] | So, captain, am I on the case or what? | 队长 我有没有份儿查此案? |
[11:19] | First, I have to ask you a couple questions. | 首先要问你两三条问题 好的 |
[11:23] | Where were you yesterday morning at 8:00? | 昨天早上八点你在哪里? |
[11:26] | You mean, when the robbery was happening? | 你指案发之时? |
[11:28] | You guys think I had something to do with that? | 你们以为我和劫案有关? |
[11:30] | Why? Because you can’t keep up with me on a crime scene? | 就因为你给我比了下去 |
[11:34] | Where were you, Marty? | 当时你在哪里? |
[11:36] | I was at the hospital. | 在Standrew医院 |
[11:38] | St. Andrew’s. | |
[11:40] | They thought I had a concussion. | 院方以为我脑震荡 |
[11:42] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[11:43] | Well… | |
[11:46] | that’s kind of embarrassing. | 其实很尴尬的 |
[11:48] | I, um, I got hit very hard by a client. | 我给客户狠狠打了一顿 |
[11:51] | Hit me very hard. | |
[11:53] | Yeah. Um… | 拿住 |
[11:55] | I was, um, supposed to follow his wife | 本来计划跟踪他老婆 |
[11:59] | and take pictures. | 拍照 |
[12:05] | Whoa. She was cheating on him. | 红杏出墙 |
[12:07] | No. No. That–That–That’s him. | 不 |
[12:09] | That’s my client. | 那是我的客户 |
[12:11] | You burst in and took a picture of a man in bed with his own wife? | 你破门而入拍他和老婆的亲热照? |
[12:14] | Yes, I did. I made a mistake. | 对 |
[12:17] | I’m human. | 是我弄错了 人谁无错呀 |
[12:19] | So the bottom line is I was at the hospital | 所以一句话 |
[12:21] | when the jewelry thing was happening. | 案发时我在医院 |
[12:23] | – You can call them. – We will. | – 你可以致电院方 – 一定会 |
[12:25] | Why is it so hard for you guys to believe that I’m just this good? | 为什么硬是不信我就是厉害? |
[12:27] | Because, Marty, you were never this good before. | 因为你一向不厉害 |
[12:31] | In fact, you sorta sucked. | 而且挺窝囊 |
[12:33] | Well, I-I-I’ve been teaching myself. | 我一直在自学 |
[12:35] | I’ve been– I’ve learned how to focus. | 掌握了专注的学问 |
[12:37] | And that’s really the secret. Focus. | 窍门就是专注 |
[12:39] | Am I right about the focus thing? | 对不对? |
[12:41] | Bay Area Center Continuing Education. | 湾区持续教育中心?函授学校? |
[12:43] | Is that a correspondence school? | |
[12:46] | It’s fully accredited. | 正式认可的 |
[12:48] | – What school did you go to? – Berkeley. | 你又念什么学校? |
[12:51] | That’s a good school. | 名校 |
[12:53] | I believe they’re fully accredited too. | 也是正式认可的 |
[12:55] | Yeah. Yeah, they’re fully accredited. | 对 评审合格 |
[12:58] | So, captain, am I on the case or what? | 到底让不让我参加调查?派我出场 |
[13:01] | I mean, put me in, coach. | |
[13:03] | I found the– I found the ski masks, didn’t I? | 找到滑雪面罩的是我 不是吗? |
[13:06] | Look, Marty, even if I wanted to, | 就算我有意也没有钱请两位顾问 |
[13:09] | I just don’t have the budget to hire two consultants. | |
[13:12] | I-I-I tell you– I tell you what. I tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[13:15] | You don’t have to pay me dime one unless I get some results. | 待有结果再付钱不迟 |
[13:17] | So th-th-this costs you nothing. | 所以等于不费分文 |
[13:19] | Captain, could I…? | 队长 可不可以 |
[13:30] | You can’t hire this guy. | 不可以雇佣他 |
[13:32] | He did find the ski masks. | 可是他的确找到滑雪面罩呀 |
[13:33] | By smelling a dog. | 靠嗅狗身上气味?没有可能 |
[13:35] | It’s not possible. | |
[13:36] | Look, Monk, sometimes when you’re picking up clues, | 有时我也觉得你的手法不可思议 |
[13:40] | it seems like magic to me. | |
[13:42] | I don’t know how you do it. | |
[13:45] | Maybe he’s doing something that you don’t understand. | 也许只是你不明白他的手法? |
[13:47] | I think he’s cheating. | 我看他使诈 |
[13:50] | Disher. | 他是骗子 |
[13:52] | This isn’t the fourth grade, Monk. | 大家都不是小学生了 |
[13:53] | He’s cheating. | – 他明明使诈 – 怎样使诈? |
[13:55] | – How? | – How? – 他明明使诈 |
[13:57] | I don’t know. | – 怎样使诈? 怎样使诈? 我还不知道 |
[13:59] | We just found the store manager’s car. | 发现了经理的车 |
[14:01] | Guess where it was. | 可知在哪里? |
[14:05] | – Near a train station? | |
[14:06] | In San Bruno. Outstanding. | 火车站附近 |
[14:09] | – You called it, Marty. – Let’s go check it out. | 了不起 果然神机妙算 |
[14:12] | Marty, come here. You ride with me. | 我们去看看 Marty 你和我同车 同车?好呀 |
[14:21] | He’s cheating. | 他使诈 |
[14:50] | ‘Scuse me. ‘Scuse me, I’m– | 对不起 你先吧 |
[14:51] | – Go ahead. – No, no. After you. | 不 你先请 |
[14:54] | Please. | 请 |
[15:02] | Pretty weird, huh? | 真怪诞 |
[15:04] | Maybe we should send one of them home. | 不如让他们其中一个回家去? |
[15:06] | Yeah, but which one? | 好 |
[15:08] | Marty Eels. E-E-L-S. Like the fish. | 哪一个? |
[15:13] | He’s always wanted to be a detective. | 当警探是他毕生志愿 |
[15:15] | He used to stay up late reading “Hardy Boys” stories | 小时常躲在被窝中看侦探小说 |
[15:18] | under the cover. | |
[15:20] | So your son is helping Adrian Monk? | 言则令郎协助Adrian Monk 办案? |
[15:24] | Who’s helping who? That’s the question. | 谁帮谁 现在还不知道 |
[15:32] | – I love that. | |
[15:34] | Love the, uh, the thing you do with your hands. | 我欣赏你的手法 很老式作风 |
[15:36] | – It’s very old school. – Thank you. | – 过奖 |
[15:54] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[15:56] | Mud. | 泥巴 |
[15:58] | You can tell where the car has been. | 显示车子去过什么地方 |
[16:00] | From tasting it. | 要吃进嘴? |
[16:02] | He’s tasting the mud. | 他吃泥巴 |
[16:04] | – | – Does that work? – No! |
[16:05] | It’s just nuts. | 有没有用 |
[16:14] | Captain, how tall was the store manager? | 队长 那位经理多高? |
[16:16] | Uh, 5’10” according to his driver’s license. | 根据他的车牌 |
[16:22] | Hmm. | 5尺10吋 |
[16:23] | Somebody else was driving this car because that– | 开车的另有其人 |
[16:26] | that chair has been adjusted for somebody 5’11”. | 因为座位是为5尺11吋的人调校 |
[16:29] | Excuse me. | Excuse me. |
[16:31] | It’s impossible to know that. | 对不起 这点不可能知道 |
[16:34] | Seat adjustments are not that exact. | 座位调较没可能这么准确 |
[16:37] | Should I write down 5’11”? | 要不要记下5尺11吋 |
[16:39] | Uh, I don’t know. Yes. | 不知道 |
[16:43] | In pencil. | 好吧 |
[16:48] | Well here we go. | 用铅笔 |
[16:51] | This map was, uh, used recently. | 来了 地图最近用过 |
[16:53] | That means that the, uh, the driver was not familiar | 意味司机不熟悉这一带 |
[16:56] | with this particular area. | |
[16:57] | I-I-I had that one. | – 我也看出来 |
[16:59] | You didn’t say anything. | – 你没有说出来 |
[17:00] | I was waiting my turn. | 我在等机会 早已看在眼里 |
[17:02] | I had that one. Captain… | 队长 |
[17:05] | He’s cheating. | 他使诈 |
[17:07] | He’s a cheater. | 他使诈 |
[17:08] | He saw me looking. | 他看见我盯住地图 |
[17:15] | And this car was driven on Highway 47. | 车子驶过第47号公路 |
[17:18] | And how do you happen to know that? | 你又怎么知道? |
[17:21] | It’s all in the details, captain. | 明察秋毫呀 队长 |
[17:23] | See the dead bugs on the windshield. | 看见挡风玻璃这只死虫吗? |
[17:27] | This is a gray bantam wing mosquito. | 翅膀很短的灰色蚊 |
[17:34] | Which are most common where? | 什么地方最常见?有没有人知道? |
[17:36] | Anybody? | |
[17:38] | Walter Creek Reservoir. | Walters溪水库 |
[17:39] | In Livingston. Highway 47. | 在Livingston |
[17:42] | That’s fantastic. | 47号公路 了不起 |
[17:44] | “Bantam wing mosquitoes.” | 短翅膀的蚊子? |
[17:46] | Gentlemen, let’s pop the trunk. Monk. | 各位 打开行李箱 |
[17:55] | This blood is still fresh. | 血迹还很新鲜 |
[17:57] | Yes, it is. Good for you. | 不错 厉害 |
[18:00] | Write that down. One for Monk. | 记下来 Monk 得一分 |
[18:03] | All right, Gumbal was dragged out of the car. | 好了 |
[18:08] | And into these woods. | Gumbal 被人由车子拖入丛林 |
[18:13] | Okey-doke. Here we go. | 好的 我们来也 |
[18:20] | These leaves were recently crushed. | 叶子刚弄碎 |
[18:23] | I’m one-sixteenth Cherokee. | 我有印第安人血统 |
[18:25] | Cool. I thought he might be. | 好极 不出我所料 |
[18:35] | – Now what’s he doing? – I can’t look. | – 他又在干什么 – 不能看 |
[18:38] | Oh, he’s using a divining rod. | 居然用占卜杖 |
[18:41] | The Indians used to use them. He’s one-sixteenth Cherokee. | 印第安人以前用的 他有那个血统 |
[18:43] | Ooh, that’s my boy. Can everybody see okay? | 我的好儿子 大家看见了吗? |
[18:47] | Take lots of pictures. Film is cheap. | 多拍照片 菲林很便宜 |
[19:03] | I think I found the store manager. | 我找到那个经理了 |
[19:07] | Stay back! Stay back! | 退后 退后 |
[19:09] | Get outta here! | 向后退 |
[19:10] | Back off, back off. Get these guys outta here. | 向后退 |
[19:13] | He was shot in the chest. | 胸部中枪 |
[19:15] | Call the coroner’s office. Get the crime scene guys up here. | 叫验尸和鉴证的人来 |
[19:17] | And give me a 20-foot perimeter now! | 马上帮我架起20尺的防线 |
[19:19] | All right, let’s go. You heard the man! | 听到了吧 |
[19:20] | Take ten steps back! Let’s go, let’s go! | 所有人向后退10步 |
[19:22] | Get these things outta here. | 把这些东西移走 叫他们退后 |
[19:23] | Baker, come on, move these guys down! | 把这些东西移走 叫他们退后 |
[19:25] | – That’s interesting. – What? | – 有意思 – 什么? |
[19:29] | You don’t see that? | 看不出?看他的手臂 |
[19:32] | Look at his arms. | |
[19:34] | That is an unnatural position. | – 很不自然 |
[19:36] | What? Unnatural? | – 不自然? |
[19:37] | I think he was trying to tell us something. | 他好像想表达什么 |
[19:41] | With his dying breath, | 想用这个姿势表达一个信息 |
[19:43] | he was trying to send us a message. | |
[19:45] | With his dying breath. | 用尽最后一口气 |
[19:46] | He was trying to tell us | 他想表达凶手的名字 |
[19:48] | the name of the man who killed him. | |
[19:51] | Look. | |
[19:52] | He’s pointing to his watch. | 手指指着手表 |
[19:57] | No, he’s not. | 没有的事 |
[19:58] | Captain, are there any perps | 有否疑人的姓氏跟手表有关? |
[20:00] | who do a job like this by the name of Casio? | 有否疑人的姓氏跟手表有关? |
[20:05] | Casio? | – 有手表有关 – 左撇子 |
[20:06] | – Lefty? – Captain. | – 有手表有关 – 左撇子 |
[20:09] | Dial? | – 队长 – 手表戴着 |
[20:10] | Eddie | Eddie Dial. |
[20:13] | Dial He just did seven years in Folsom | |
[20:15] | for kidnapping and bank robbery. | 绑架兼打劫银行 服刑7年 |
[20:16] | He just made parole. | 刚获得假释 |
[20:21] | – Well, let’s check him out. – Yes, sir. | – 查一查他 – 是的 |
[20:24] | Baker! | 贝 |
[20:25] | Johnson! | 庄 |
[20:36] | Mom, have you seen my camera? | 妈 |
[20:38] | Uh-uh. Did you check your jacket? | 看到我的照相机吗? |
[20:41] | What about your pockets? | 有没有翻过外套?口袋呢? |
[20:42] | Yes. I looked everywhere. | 有 全部都翻过了 |
[20:44] | Well, I haven’t seen it, honey. | 我没见到 |
[20:45] | Why don’t you ask Mr. Monk to help you? | 不如请Monk叔叔帮你? |
[20:48] | Please, Mr. Monk, it has all my pictures in it from my school trip. | 拜托 学校旅行的照片都在里面 |
[20:51] | I was the official photographer. | 丢了相片等于未完成功课 |
[20:53] | If I lose it, I’m going to get an incomplete. | |
[20:56] | When did you see it last? | 最后一次看到是几时的事? |
[20:59] | I saw it yesterday in the living room. | 昨天还放在这儿 |
[21:12] | That plant has been moved recently. | 有人移动过植物 |
[21:16] | That’s right. How did you know? | 对 怎么知道的? |
[21:18] | Normally they lean toward the sun. | 通常向着阳光生长 |
[21:22] | This one is leaning the other way. | 现在向着另一个方向 |
[21:26] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:33] | Oh, Mr. Monk, thank you so much. | 太感激你了 |
[21:35] | You’re the best. Isn’t he the best? | 你天下第一 对不对 |
[21:36] | There’s no one better. You really are amazing. | 无出其右 叹为观止 |
[21:39] | Wait. | 且慢 |
[21:42] | When did you water this? | 几时淋的水? |
[21:45] | Oh, uh, this morning. | 今早 |
[21:47] | The camera could not have been back there | 相机今早不可能在这里 |
[21:49] | this morning. | |
[21:51] | It would have gotten wet. | 一定会弄湿 |
[21:55] | Thanks for trying, Julie. | 多谢你一番好意 |
[21:57] | My mom put me up to this. | 妈逼我干的 |
[22:08] | Mr. Monk, you really are amazing. | 你真的不可思议 |
[22:11] | You’re probably the best in the world. | 堪称全世界第一神探 |
[22:16] | And you’re right about this Marty character. | 你说得没错 |
[22:17] | – He’s cheating. – I don’t know. | Marty使诈 |
[22:19] | He is. Hello? | – 很难说 – 他的确是呀 |
[22:21] | Yes, sir. | 喂?是的 |
[22:24] | Really? | 真的? |
[22:27] | Okay, okay. We’re on our way. | 好吧 我们马上来 |
[22:30] | They just caught one of the killers. They’re questioning him now. | 抓到其中一个凶手 正在盘问 |
[22:33] | Julie, we’ll be back soon, honey. | 乖女 我们很快回来 |
[22:36] | Natalie, it’s not Eddie Dial. Is it? | 不会是Eddie Dial 吧? |
[22:42] | Yeah. | 正是 |
[22:50] | We found the manager’s wallet | 在你旅店房间找到经理的钱包 |
[22:52] | in your motel room, Eddie. | |
[22:55] | It’s over. | 你完了 水洗不清 |
[22:56] | We own you. | 你完了 水洗不清 |
[22:58] | Look, man, I didn’t hurt anybody, okay? | 听着 我什么人也没有伤害 |
[23:00] | I didn’t even have a gun. | 我连枪也没有 |
[23:02] | Well, two people are dead, Edward. | 闹出两条人命 |
[23:05] | Who did the shooting? | 是谁开枪? |
[23:08] | I’m willing to bet you it was that guy. | 我打赌一定是庞域泰 |
[23:10] | Blanchard, Victor P. | 有人见到你们形影不离 |
[23:11] | The two of you were seen together last weekend. | 他在哪儿? |
[23:15] | – Where is he, Eddie? – I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[23:17] | Captain, may I? | 队长?不如让我来? |
[23:33] | Where’s your– Where’s your partner, Eddie? | 你的拍档在哪儿? |
[23:38] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[23:41] | Hmm, he’s telling the truth. He doesn’t know. | 说的是实话 他真的不知道 |
[23:44] | Do you have a map? | 有没有地图? |
[23:45] | He’s like a human lie detector. | 有没有地图? |
[23:47] | Oh, I can’t believe it. | 活像人肉测谎机 难以置信 |
[23:49] | I can’t believe it either. | – 我也不相信 |
[23:51] | Well, he’s doing it. | – 不由你不相信 |
[23:53] | Well, I still don’t believe it. | 我还是不相信 |
[23:55] | What you see happening in the next room, | 里面发生的事是不可能的 |
[23:58] | it’s impossible. | |
[23:59] | It’s just… | 实在太 |
[24:03] | What is this? | 什么来的? |
[24:05] | Stuff we found in Eddie’s motel room, | 在旅店发现的 |
[24:07] | including a pair of tickets to Costa Rica. | 包括往哥斯达黎加的机票 |
[24:09] | Did you guys find the jewels? | 起回珠宝了吗? |
[24:11] | No, not yet. Marty’ll find them. | 还没有 Marty会找到的 |
[24:15] | Now, then, Eddie, where did you hide the jewels? | 好了 你把珠宝藏在哪里? |
[24:19] | Was it here? | 是不是这里?还是这里? |
[24:21] | No. Uh, was it here? | |
[24:26] | No. | 不是 |
[24:28] | Uh, how ’bout here? | 这里呢 |
[24:31] | Ah, getting warmer. | 开始接近了 |
[24:33] | Did you hide them here, Eddie? | 是不是藏在这里? |
[24:37] | Ah, yes. They’re in the state park. | 是 珠宝就在公园里 |
[24:42] | Get outta here. | 开玩笑 |
[24:45] | I know this area. | 这地方我很熟 这儿有个水塔 |
[24:47] | There’s a water tower right here. | 这地方我很熟 |
[24:48] | Oh, did you, uh, | 这儿有个水塔 |
[24:51] | did you hide them near the water tower, Eddie? Hmmm, bingo. | 是不是藏在水塔附近? |
[24:59] | Yes. | 猜中了 妙 |
[25:09] | Call Dunlop in the Parks Department. | 致电公园管理部的邓 |
[25:11] | Tell him to meet us there. | 叫他去会合我们 还有带铲子 |
[25:13] | And tell him to bring some shovels. | 叫他去会合我们 还有带铲子 |
[25:14] | I don’t know how the hell I’m gonna write this up. | 是的 报告真不知该怎样写 |
[25:17] | – Marty. – Oh, Mr. Monk. | – Monk 先生 |
[25:21] | All right, why don’t you guys go ahead? | 你们先走 |
[25:22] | I’ll meet you there. | 到该地碰头 |
[25:25] | This is Disher. Give me two black and whites down at the state park right now. | 我是Disher马上派两个军装去公园 |
[25:29] | He’s cheating! | 他使诈 |
[25:30] | What, Monk? How is he cheating? | 他使诈 什么?怎样使诈? |
[25:32] | We’ve got a suspect who just confessed. | 我们抓到疑犯 |
[25:34] | He found the car. He found the body. | 他找到失车 |
[25:36] | He is solving this case single-handedly. | 又找到尸体 简直一手破案 |
[25:38] | By cheating! | 全靠使诈 |
[25:41] | – Natalie, what do you think? – I believe my boss. | – 你有什么看法 |
[25:44] | Anyway, we better go. | – 我相信老板 |
[25:47] | Should we take one car or two cars? | 还是走吧 一架车还是两架车? |
[25:49] | Monk, why don’t you stay here? | Monk 不如你留下来 |
[25:53] | We’re gonna let Marty take this one. | Marty会负责此案 |
[25:55] | Whoa, whoa, wait, wait. | 且慢 你要炒掉他? |
[25:57] | – You’re firing him? – No. No. | 且慢 你要炒掉他? |
[25:59] | Um, it’s just that Marty seems to be in a zone. | 不是 只是Marty似乎头头是道 |
[26:02] | He’s got a handle on this one. | 他得心应手 |
[26:04] | You get the next one, okay? | 下件案归你 |
[26:07] | I’ll call you. I gotta go. | 我会打电话给你 先走一步 |
[26:21] | So they found the jewels? | 珠宝起回了吗? |
[26:23] | They were right where Marty said they’d be. | 自然是在Marty所说的地方起回 |
[26:26] | Of course. | 接着呢?叫你退出调查? |
[26:28] | And what, then they asked you to step aside? | |
[26:32] | They said Marty was on a roll. | 说Marty得心应手 |
[26:35] | I guess they didn’t want me to cramp his style. | 大概不想我阻碍他施展身手 |
[26:41] | Well, Adrian, I’m sure that this is all just temporary. | 这情况会过去的 |
[26:47] | Maybe he really is better than me. | 也许他真的比我厉害? |
[26:51] | Yeah, well, would that be so terrible? | 对 那又有什么好呼天抢地? |
[26:55] | I mean if you weren’t number one? | 就算你不是天下第一? |
[27:02] | An ex-cop I know teaches criminal justice at Fulton College. | 有个退役探员 |
[27:08] | He offered me a job last year. | 在大学教刑事司法学 去年请我去教 |
[27:12] | Maybe I’ll give him a call. | 或者我应该跟他联络一下? |
[27:14] | All right, so you’re just giving up. | – 这样就认输了 |
[27:16] | Okay. | – 好吧 |
[27:17] | No, no, Adrian, I’m not suggesting that you just give up. | 不 我不是叫你认输 |
[27:21] | I’m saying to you that there is always someone ahead of you. | 一山还有一山高 |
[27:24] | This is the human condition. | 世道如此 |
[27:26] | For instance, there’s a new psychiatrist here in town | 例如来了个新精神科医生姓罗的 |
[27:28] | name of Lowenstern. | |
[27:30] | Now, I know that there is no way | 我自知永远望尘莫及 |
[27:32] | that I will ever be– well, as good as he is. | |
[27:36] | I know this. I accept it. | 清楚得很 也接受事实 |
[27:38] | He’s better than you? | 他比你高明? |
[27:40] | He’s brilliant. | 超凡入圣 得过诺贝尔奖提名 |
[27:41] | Nominated for a Nobel Prize. | 超凡入圣 得过诺贝尔奖提名 |
[27:43] | But, the point is, you think that you might enjoy teaching. | 问题是你喜欢教书吗? |
[27:46] | I don’t know. | 不知道 多说点这个姓罗的来听听 |
[27:48] | Tell me more about this Lowenstern. | 不知道 多说点这个姓罗的来听听 |
[27:50] | Lowenstern. I could introduce you. | 我可以介绍给你 |
[27:52] | Office is right across the street. He charges $400 an hour. | 诊所就在对面街 每小时400元钱 |
[27:59] | – So where were we? | |
[28:01] | Okay. | 谈到哪里 |
[28:09] | Oh! Good morning, boss. | – 好吧 |
[28:11] | They were out of the round sponges. | 早安 老板 |
[28:12] | Don’t panic, I’ll pick some up on the way home. | 没有圆形海绵 放心 我回来再买 |
[28:14] | Don’t worry about the groceries. | 先别管这些 |
[28:16] | You’re driving me to Fulton College. I have an appointment. | 送我去Fulton大学 约了人 |
[28:19] | You mean now? | – 现在 – 11点 要见校长 |
[28:20] | 11:00. I’m meeting the dean. | – 现在 – 11点 要见校长 |
[28:22] | You’re just gonna quit. Just like that. | 你打算辞职 一走了之 |
[28:25] | I think I would make a very good teacher. | 我觉得我会是好老师 |
[28:27] | Oh, Mr. Monk, you’d make a terrible teacher. | Monk先生 你会误人子弟的 |
[28:30] | It would take you four weeks to correct one paper. | 4个星期才改好一份卷 |
[28:32] | You’re a detective. You’re a great detective. | 你是警探 一流的警探 |
[28:35] | – Are you gonna drive me or not? – No. No, I am not. | – 到底送不送我去 – 坚决不送 |
[28:38] | Your feelings are hurt and you’re just not thinking straight. | 你只是一时受打击 想歪了 |
[28:40] | Fine. Fine, I’ll take a taxi. | 好 |
[28:42] | You’re gonna take a taxi? | 我乘计程车 |
[28:44] | Do you know what people do in taxis? | 乘计程车?可知乘客的行径? |
[28:46] | Fine! Fine, I will drive myself. | 没问题 |
[28:49] | I’ll rent a car. | 我自己开车 我租车 |
[28:52] | Okay? I am dialing the number. | 我打电话了 |
[28:55] | I’m not bluffing. | 可不是开玩笑的 |
[28:57] | Do you even have a driver’s license? | – 你到底有否车牌 |
[28:59] | Yes, I have a license. | – 有 |
[29:00] | Okay, this is it. | 最后一个数目字 |
[29:02] | This is the last digit. | 打了 |
[29:04] | I have dialed the number. It is ringing. | 响了 |
[29:06] | Thank you for calling Cannon Rent-A-Car. | 多谢 |
[29:08] | This call may be monitored for quality purposes. | 为保证质量 电话或受监听 |
[29:11] | I am on hold. | 要等 |
[29:13] | Mr. Monk, Fulton College is 100 miles away. | Fulton大学远在100英里之外 |
[29:17] | It is up the interstate. | 穿州过省 |
[29:19] | – It’s over a bridge. – I know. | 又要经过桥 |
[29:21] | I have a blindfold for going over bridges. | 过桥的时候可以把眼睛蒙上 |
[29:24] | But you’ll be driving. | 可是你要开车 |
[29:27] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[29:28] | I think I can make it. I’ll just sort of peek underneath. | 偷偷向下望一眼就行了 |
[29:32] | I’m not gonna let you drive! | 我不让你开车 |
[29:33] | You’ve never driven over a bridge in your life! | 你从未驶过桥面 |
[29:36] | What choice do I have? | 还有什么选择? |
[29:37] | Excuse me. Excuse me, sir? | 对不起 |
[29:40] | Yes? | 是的? |
[29:41] | My daughter goes to Fulton College. | 是的? |
[29:43] | You don’t have to take the bridge. | 我女儿念Fulton大学 不必过桥 |
[29:45] | You can take the causeway all the way up. | 经公路一直走就到了 |
[29:47] | You could hear us? | 你都听见了? |
[29:49] | Yes, sir. | 是的 我负责质素控制 |
[29:50] | I’m a quality control operator. | 是的 |
[29:51] | I’m monitoring the call. | 我负责质素控制 |
[29:54] | I was on hold. | 我在等线 |
[29:56] | Yes, sir. | – 对 一接通我们就开始监察 |
[29:57] | We start listening as soon as you’re connected. | – 对 一接通我们就开始监察 |
[29:59] | You wouldn’t believe the things I hear. | 听到的东西说出来也没人会相信 |
[30:02] | People fooling around, people arguing. | 嬉笑调情 |
[30:04] | I could write a book about it. | 吵架拌嘴 说也说不尽 |
[30:09] | You could hear me while I was on hold. | 我等线的时候你也听得见? |
[30:14] | That’s right. | 不错 |
[30:27] | Hey, Monk! What a nice surprise. | Monk 什么风把你吹来? |
[30:30] | San This guy’s from San Francisco Magazine. | |
[30:33] | I’m one of the ten most eligible bachelors in the city. | Francisco杂志选我为十大钻石王老五 |
[30:35] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗? |
[30:37] | Marty, we need to talk. | Marty 我们得谈谈 |
[30:38] | Not a good time, Nat. | 现在不行 Nana |
[30:40] | Did you just call me Nat? | 你叫我Nana? |
[30:41] | Hey! Hey, get one with me and Monk. | 帮我和Monk |
[30:43] | No. | 拍一张 |
[30:44] | Here. No, no, no. This is good. | 来 这个姿势好 |
[30:46] | It’s like a summit of great minds. | 来 这个姿势好 |
[30:47] | Philip Marlowe meets Sherlock Holmes. | 两大神探相遇 Malone和Holmes |
[30:51] | It’s about your mother. | 你妈妈呢? |
[30:53] | A little something she might have overheard while at work. | 工作时听到什么消息吗? |
[30:57] | The music’s too loud. I can’t hear. | 音乐太吵 我听不见 |
[30:59] | Take–Take a five. | 休息一下 |
[31:01] | Take a five. | |
[31:06] | We know how you did it, Marty. | 我们知道底蕴了 |
[31:08] | We figured it out. | 完全想通了 |
[31:10] | How I did what? | 什么底蕴? |
[31:11] | Didn’t your mother ever tell you that cheaters never win? | 什么底蕴? 你妈没教你使诈没好结果的吗? |
[31:13] | Actually, it was your mother’s idea. | 其实是她出的主意 |
[31:17] | She works for Pacific Global Airlines, doesn’t she, | 她不是在航空公司品质监控部工作吗? |
[31:19] | in the quality control department? | |
[31:22] | Yeah, so? | 对 那又如何? |
[31:24] | This call may be monitored for quality purposes. | 为保证质量 电话或受监听 |
[31:27] | Here’s what happened. | Blanchard和Dial杀人后回到旅店 |
[31:29] | After the murderers, Blanchard and Dial, | |
[31:31] | went back to their motel room, | |
[31:33] | counted their jewels. | 点完珠宝 |
[31:35] | And then they called the airlines to buy plane tickets to Costa Rica. | 致电航空公司买机票 |
[31:38] | They were put on hold. | 他们要等线 |
[31:40] | What they didn’t know was that your mother | 却不知你妈在监听电话 |
[31:44] | was already on the line monitoring their call. | |
[31:48] | They must have been on hold for quite a while, | 一定是等了很久 |
[31:50] | because they talked about everything. | 他们无所不谈 |
[31:52] | Who they killed, where they dumped the car. | 杀了什么人 在哪里留下车子 |
[31:55] | Even where they hid the masks. | 甚至收藏面罩的地点 |
[31:57] | But she didn’t call the police. | 她没报警 |
[31:59] | She called you. | 反而告诉你 |
[32:00] | And told you everything you needed to know | 解破此案的一切资料 |
[32:02] | to solve the case. | |
[32:03] | Or at least pretend to solve it. | 至少是假装解破 |
[32:09] | You’re a very smart man. | 你真聪明 |
[32:13] | Yeah, he’s the real thing. | 他是货真价实的神探 |
[32:15] | Yeah. | 当然啦 |
[32:17] | Of course, you realize you have no proof | 口说无凭 |
[32:20] | for any of this. | |
[32:21] | Don’t airlines record phone conversations? | 航空公司不记录电话的吗? |
[32:24] | Yes, Nat, I believe they do. | 对 Na Natalie |
[32:26] | Yes, they certainly do. | 不错 |
[32:28] | But those conversations have a way of being accidentally erased. | 可是往往一不留神洗掉了 |
[32:33] | So it’s really your word against mine. | 所以这只是一面之词 |
[32:36] | And who do you think everyone’s gonna believe? | 你以为大家会相信谁? |
[32:39] | The amazing Marty Eels, or… | 神探Marty |
[32:44] | yesterday’s news? | Eels 还是过气探员? |
[32:49] | Phone’s been ringing off the hook. | 电话响个不停 |
[32:51] | Cases, cases, cases. | 办案办案 |
[32:54] | Would you mind? | 不介意吧? |
[33:10] | Hey, Eels Investigations. | Eels氏侦探社 |
[33:12] | Hey, Marty, I got a proposition for you. | 嗨 Marty 我有一宗买卖 |
[33:16] | Who’s this? | 你是谁? |
[33:17] | My name’s Vic. We never met. | 你是谁? 我叫域 你不认识我 |
[33:18] | I think you know my partner, though, Eddie Dial. | 你认识我昨天被捕的朋友Eddie Dial |
[33:20] | In fact, you and your friends arrested him yesterday. | 事实上逮捕他的正是你和你的朋友 |
[33:23] | How did you get this number? This is my private line. | 你怎知道这个私人电话? |
[33:25] | It’s the first number on your mother’s speed dial. | 这是你妈第一个快拨电话 |
[33:28] | My mother? | 我妈? |
[33:30] | Did you really think you could screw with me and get away with it? | 我妈? 真的以为我拿你没办法? |
[33:33] | Where is she? | 她在哪里? |
[33:34] | I just left her. She’s fine. | 我刚刚离开她 |
[33:36] | For now. | 她暂无碍 |
[33:38] | If you wanna see her again, listen carefully. | 如果还想见她 |
[33:40] | The jewels belong to me. | 听着 珠宝是我的 |
[33:42] | – I want them back. – The jewels? | – 还给我 – 珠宝? |
[33:44] | Bring them to the Dunn Street bus terminal by 8:00. | 8点之前送到Dunne街公车总站 |
[33:46] | Put them in locker 240 on the upper level. | 放入240号贮物柜 |
[33:49] | – I got a spare key. – Wait a minute! | 我有后备钥匙 |
[33:51] | I–I can’t get to the jewels. | 且慢 我拿不到珠宝 |
[33:53] | They’re–They’re locked up. They’re in evidence. | 是证物来的 |
[33:55] | You can do it, Marty. | 你办得到的 你是本月风云人物 |
[33:56] | I’ve been reading all about you. You’re the flavor of the month. | 你办得到的 你是本月风云人物 |
[33:59] | Just tell them you wanna examine the evidence. | 就说要检验 |
[34:00] | Tell you wanna use it to set a trap. | 用来布置圈套 |
[34:02] | I don’t care what you tell them, okay? | 不管什么借口都要拿来 |
[34:04] | Just get ’em back. Oh, and Marty. | 还有 |
[34:07] | What? | 什么? |
[34:08] | No cops. Come alone. | 什么? 不要报警 一个人来 |
[34:11] | Remember, if anything happens to me, | 我一出事 |
[34:13] | your mother’s dead by 8:20. | 你妈8点20分就死 等一等 |
[34:22] | Mr. Monk! | Mr. Monk! Monk先生 别走 |
[34:24] | Wait! | 等一等 Monk先生 |
[34:25] | Wait, Mr. Monk! | 等一等 Monk先生 |
[34:26] | Mr. Monk, wait! Wait! | Monk先生 等一等 |
[34:29] | Vic It’s Vic Blanchard. He just called. | |
[34:31] | He’s got my mother. | Blanchard打电话来说掳走了我妈 |
[34:32] | My God. I’ll call the captain. | 得致电队长 |
[34:33] | No, no! No, no cops. | 不要报警 |
[34:35] | He said no cops or he’d kill her. | 不然他会杀人 |
[34:36] | Mr. Monk, please, you gotta help me. | 求求你 你一定要帮我 |
[34:39] | You were right! I don’t know what I’m doing! | 你说得对 |
[34:41] | I don’t. | 我真是不知所谓 |
[34:44] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[34:52] | Let’s just go over this one more time. | 来重复一遍 |
[34:54] | Can you think of anything else he might’ve said on the phone? | 他在电话里还说了什么? |
[34:57] | No cops! | 不准报警 |
[34:59] | He said if he even smells a cop, she’s dead! | 不准报警 说一嗅到警探的气味就杀了她 |
[35:02] | Oh, my gosh, Marty, for the tenth time, no one’s calling the cops. | 第10次告诉你 谁也没有报警 |
[35:04] | She’s right. Marty, look. | 她说得对 |
[35:05] | We know where he’s gonna be at 8:00. | 我们知他8点会去哪里 |
[35:07] | If we can find your mother before that time, | 如果之前找到你妈妈 |
[35:09] | then the cops can pick him up then. | 那么警方就可以逮捕他 |
[35:11] | – I know, I know. – Ah! Natalie– | 我知道 |
[35:13] | – I got it. I’m on it! – It’s all over– | – 我在收拾 – 乱七八糟 – 我在收拾 |
[35:16] | Marty, can you just please sit on the couch, all right? | 你可否坐在沙发? |
[35:18] | You’re making Mr. Monk very nervous. | 你把Monk先生弄得神经兮兮 |
[35:21] | All right, one more time. | 再来一次 |
[35:23] | Okay, the kidnapper said he just left her, right? | 绑匪说刚刚离开她 |
[35:25] | So she can’t be too far from where he made that phone call. | 所以她不会离那个电话太远 |
[35:28] | Do you remember anything else about the phone call? | 除了内容之外 还记得什么? |
[35:31] | Like what? | – 例如呢 – 什么也好 |
[35:33] | Like what? Like anything! Noises in the background. | – 例如呢 – 什么也好 背后的杂音 |
[35:37] | – I don’t know! – He doesn’t know. | – 不知道 – 不知道 |
[35:39] | This wasn’t even my idea. My mother made me do this. | 根本不是我的主意 妈逼我干的 |
[35:42] | She forced me into it. | 说只有这样我这个废物才能破案 |
[35:43] | She said it was the only way a loser like me | |
[35:45] | was ever gonna be able to solve a real crime. | |
[35:47] | – She sounds delightful. – Hey, that’s my mother. | 真是善解人意 |
[35:49] | Where do you get off talking about somebody else’s mother? | 她是我妈 不要出言不逊 |
[35:51] | Marty – What’s wrong with you? – Okay, Marty, Marty! | |
[35:53] | Marty, Marty, concentrate. | 集中精神 |
[35:55] | Can you please just try to think. | 好好想一想 |
[35:57] | You must have heard something. Yeah, uh… | 一定听到一点东西 |
[36:06] | An ocean. I think he was near an ocean. | 大海 他在海边 |
[36:09] | There you go. | 这就是了 |
[36:11] | And there was, um, a ringing like, like a clang. | – 有些钟声 |
[36:15] | Clang. | 锵的一声 – 锵? |
[36:16] | With a sound before it. Um… | 之前又有哒的一声 |
[36:20] | Thud. Clang. | 哒锵 |
[36:23] | Thud! Clang! | 哒锵 |
[36:25] | Okay, gimme a minute. | 让我想一想 |
[36:27] | Thud! | 哒锵 |
[36:29] | – Clang! – Yeah, Marty, I got it. Thud, clang. | 哒锵 – 知道了 – 哒锵 |
[36:32] | Lemme think. | 让我想一想 |
[36:41] | – Thud, clang! – Okay. | 哒锵 |
[36:43] | Oh, my God, she’s here, she’s here. She’s here! | 天 |
[36:45] | Mom! Mom! | 她在这里 妈 |
[36:46] | No, Marty, don’t– | – 妈 |
[36:48] | Don’t get separated! You stay with the group! | 不要分散 一起行动 |
[36:51] | Marty | Marty, I want you to focus. |
[36:53] | Can you focus? | 你要集中精神 行不行? |
[36:55] | All right, the caller said that she would be dead by–by–by 8:20, was it? | 绑匪说她8点20分就没有命 |
[37:00] | Why 8:20? Why not 8:00 or 8:30? | 为什么不迟不早 偏偏8点20分? |
[37:03] | 8:20. | – 8点20 |
[37:05] | Think! | – 想一想 |
[37:06] | I’m thinking. | – 我在想 – 认真的想 |
[37:07] | – Well, think harder. – Why don’t you think? | – 我在想 – 认真的想 |
[37:09] | Hey, I’m not the great big famous detective. | 你怎么不想 我又不是神探 |
[37:12] | – Well, you were two hours ago. – Natalie! | 两个小时之前你是 |
[37:14] | – What? | |
[37:16] | 8:20. | 什么事? |
[37:17] | What’s 8:20? | 8点20 – |
[37:19] | High tide. | 8点20是什么意思? – 满潮 |
[37:41] | Mom! | 妈 |
[37:43] | Mom! Mom! | 妈 |
[37:45] | That’s gotta be it. | 一定是这里 |
[37:46] | Go, Marty, go! | 快去 |
[37:48] | Mom! Mom! Mom! | 快来 妈 |
[37:51] | I’ll wait out here! | 我在这里等 |
[37:53] | I got your back! | 我垫后 |
[37:56] | Mom! | 妈 |
[37:57] | Mom! | 妈 |
[38:00] | Mom! Mom! | 妈 妈 |
[38:03] | Hold on, Mrs. Eels! | 我来了 妈 |
[38:07] | Push! | 不要慌 Marty 快点 |
[38:11] | Mom! | 好了 |
[38:12] | Oh, my God! Hurry! Marty, untie her! | 好了 |
[38:22] | You gotta untie her! Oh! All right! | 快一点 |
[38:25] | Hurry! Hurry! Hold on, Mrs. Eels. Okay, Marty, you gotta hurry! | 赶快 |
[39:18] | Blanchard! Hands up. | 庞 举起手 |
[39:21] | Police officers! | 警察 |
[39:22] | Mr. Blanchard, | 现在为Gumbal |
[39:24] | you’re under arrest for the murder of Harold Gumbal. | Harold命案逮捕你 |
[39:27] | Come on, come on. | 来 |
[39:29] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[39:37] | Great, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:39] | They got him. It’s over. | 人抓了 告一段落 |
[39:42] | That’s good. | 那就好了 |
[39:43] | Mrs. Eels, you’re probably going to have | Eels太太 |
[39:46] | to testify about that phone call you overheard. | 你多数要为所听到的对话出庭做供 |
[39:51] | You told him. | – 你告诉了他 |
[39:54] | I didn’t tell him. | – 我没有 |
[39:56] | He figured it out. | 他想出来的 |
[39:59] | He’s a real detective. | 他是货真价实的侦探 |
[40:02] | Actually, he found you. | 其实 是他找到你的 |
[40:06] | We had no idea | 我们都猜不透 |
[40:08] | where you were. He put all the clues together. | 他整理线索 |
[40:14] | He, um… | 侦探手法是我前所未见的 |
[40:16] | It really was some of the most unique detective work I’ve ever seen. | |
[40:21] | Just an incredible detective. | 令郎的确是个出色的侦探 |
[40:23] | I mean, his detecting is like– | 他的手法就像 |
[40:25] | What? | 什么? |
[40:27] | He doesn’t need anyone’s help, Mrs. Eels. | 他完全一手包办 |
[40:29] | No. No one’s help. | – 一手包办 |
[40:31] | Really? | – 真的? |
[40:35] | When the kidnapper called, they both panicked. | 绑匪致电时 他们两个都慌了 |
[40:39] | I-I-I’m prone to panicking. | 我比较容易慌张 |
[40:43] | And–And I had to say let’s get focused! | 我只好说 |
[40:45] | Because my mother’s in trouble. | 集中精神 我妈有难 |
[40:47] | And–And that got everybody focused. | 大家一听之下就专注多了 |
[40:50] | But–But then I had to– I had to concentrate | 我又要专心听背后的杂音 |
[40:52] | on sounds from the background. | |
[40:54] | I could hear the ocean. | 听到海洋声 |
[40:55] | And–And I heard a clang and a thud. | 又听到锵哒声 |
[40:58] | A thud and a clang. | 哒锵声 哒锵声 |
[40:59] | And a thud and a clang. | 哒锵声 哒锵声 |
[41:01] | And–And–And 8:20– | 还有8点20分 |
[41:02] | That’s what struck me, ’cause I thought why not 8:00? Why not 8:30? | 为何不迟不早? |
[41:06] | And then I remembered high tide is at 8:20. | 马上记起8点20分满潮 |
[41:10] | Once I– Once I had that piece, then it all fell together. | 一想到这里 马上明白过来 |
[41:13] | Oh, Marty. Marty, you’re wonderful. | Marty 你真厉害 |
[41:19] | I’d like to thank, uh, the police department, | 我想多谢警局 |
[41:22] | particularly Captain Stottlemeyer | 尤其是Stottlemeyer队长和Monk |
[41:25] | and, uh, Adrian Monk. | |
[41:26] | This was a very difficult case for me. | 这件案不容易破 |
[41:29] | Uh, last night I– I made a decision, uh… | 昨晚我做了一个决定 |
[41:32] | It’s–It’s the toughest decision of my career, | 是我一生最难做的决定 |
[41:34] | but I am going to, um, resign | 我不办案了 |
[41:37] | my practice, and, uh, take a teaching position | 去Fulton大学执教鞭 |
[41:40] | at Fulton Community College, uh, where I’ll be teaching modern criminal investigative techniques. | 教授现代刑事调查技巧 |
[41:49] | You were right about him, weren’t you? | 你说得对 |
[41:51] | He was cheating. | 他使诈 |
[41:56] | Sorry. Dropped the key. | 钥匙丢了 |
[42:00] | He was cheating. | 一定是使诈 |