时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:51] | This is a real gun, and I know how to use it. | 是真枪来的 我懂得开枪 |
[00:54] | You don’t wanna do this. | -你别冲动 -不 |
[00:55] | No! It’s a real gun! | 是真枪 不 |
[00:56] | I know how it works. | 是真枪 不 |
[00:58] | No! | 不 我真的会 有用的 |
[01:00] | No, no, no, no! | 不要 |
[01:02] | No! Ahh! | 我会 不不不 |
[01:16] | Let’s get outta here! | -快走 -慢着 还未干 |
[01:17] | Wait. We gotta do the thing. | -快走 -慢着 还未干 |
[01:19] | – What thing? – The thing — the painting! | -干什么? -那幅画 |
[01:27] | Okay, that’s good enough! Let’s go! | 行了 够了 走吧 |
[02:41] | Okay, this one is okay. | 这一只 合格 |
[02:46] | This one is good. | 这一只好 |
[02:48] | Mr. Monk, really, you don’t have to wash ’em. | Monk先生 真的 不必先洗干净 |
[02:51] | They’re just gonna get recycled. | 反正是回收再造 |
[02:52] | They’re just gonna get all smushed together. | 都要压成一堆 |
[02:55] | You may be right. This one’s still sticky. | 也许 |
[02:58] | We’ll wash that again. | 这一只黏答答的 要再洗 |
[03:05] | Are you gonna get that? | 你不去开门? |
[03:12] | Natalie? | |
[03:27] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
[03:33] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[03:36] | There’s someone here to see you. She says she’s an old friend. | 有人找你 |
[03:38] | Sherry Judd? | 她说是你的旧朋友 |
[03:41] | Sherry. She’s here? | Sherry?她 |
[03:45] | – What does she want? – I don’t know. | 她来了?她有什么事? |
[03:47] | Who is she? | 不知道 她是谁? |
[03:48] | Someone I knew in the eighth grade. | 我八年级的同学 |
[03:52] | Is she here to apologize? | 她来道歉吗? |
[03:55] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:56] | Well, tell her it’s too little too late. | 跟她说太迟了 |
[04:00] | No, wait! Wait, uh… | 不 |
[04:03] | Tell her about Trudy. | 等一下 跟她说Trudy的事 |
[04:05] | Tell her that I married Trudy. | 说我娶了Trudy |
[04:07] | Tell her Trudy loved me. | 说Trudy爱我 |
[04:09] | Tell her how pretty Trudy was. | 说Trudy十分漂亮 |
[04:12] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[04:15] | Tell her Trudy and I went all the way. | 说我和Trudy走毕全程 |
[04:23] | Mr. Monk, I think she needs your help. | Monk先生 我想她来求助 |
[04:26] | With her homework? | – 功课问题? – 不是 |
[04:28] | No, with a case. We’re all grown up now. | 查案 我们是成人了 |
[04:32] | Oh, yeah. Right. | 对 |
[04:43] | Sherry? | |
[04:46] | Hello. It’s– I’m Adrian Monk. | 哈罗 我是Adrian Monk |
[04:51] | Adrian, you–you look great. | 你气色很好 |
[04:57] | Um, you probably don’t even remember me. | 你大概已记不起我来了 |
[05:02] | Is that Trudy? She was beautiful. | 她是Trudy?好美 |
[05:07] | Natalie told me what happened. I’m so sorry. | Natalie告诉我了 真是可惜 |
[05:10] | Thank you. We went all the way. | 有心 我们走毕全程 |
[05:13] | Please, why don’t you have a seat? | 别客气 请坐 |
[05:16] | Can I offer you anything? | 要喝些什么吗? |
[05:18] | We have bottled water. | 我们有瓶装水 |
[05:20] | And, uh– pushing the bottled water. | 喝瓶装水好 |
[05:23] | I’m fine. Thanks. | 不用客气 |
[05:25] | Where to begin? | 从何说起? |
[05:27] | I’ve been living in Seattle. | 我住在西雅图 |
[05:28] | We just moved back three years ago– | 我们三年前搬回来 |
[05:30] | We? | – 我们 |
[05:31] | – Oh, my husband and I. – Ah. | – 我和我丈夫 |
[05:33] | Michael. | 他叫Michael |
[05:35] | We’re recently divorced. | 我们新近离婚 |
[05:36] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 真是可惜 |
[05:39] | No, no, it’s for the best. Believe me. | 才不 早离早着 相信我好了 |
[05:42] | So it’s just been me and my housekeeper Gladys. | 所以我跟管家Gladys 同住 |
[05:47] | That’s why I’m here. | 我为她来找你 |
[05:49] | Sunday night someone broke in. | 星期日晚有人潜入我家 |
[05:51] | I guess Gladys woke up. | 大概吵醒Gladys |
[05:53] | Um, there must have been a fight. | 定是发生打斗 |
[05:57] | And, um… he killed her. | 那人杀死了她 |
[06:01] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[06:05] | Are you okay? | 你可有事? |
[06:07] | No, I wasn’t home. | 没事 我不在家 |
[06:09] | Adrian, I’m the only family Gladys had. | 我是Gladys 唯一亲人 |
[06:14] | I just want justice for her. | 希望为她讨回公道 |
[06:17] | I-I want to make sure that the best people | 要找最出色的侦探查明这件事 |
[06:20] | are working on this. | |
[06:22] | And I’ve been asking around, | 我打听过 |
[06:24] | and everyone says you’re a genius, but… | 人人都说你是天才 |
[06:27] | of course I already knew that. | 不过我早已知道 |
[06:31] | Adrian, um, helped me out of a jam | 小时候 |
[06:34] | when we were kids. Ahh. | Adrian曾替我解围 |
[06:37] | About 30 years ago. | 约摸30年前了? |
[06:40] | It was April 12, 1972. | 1972年4月12日 |
[06:42] | You remember? | – 你还记得? |
[06:43] | I only remember the date. | – 只记得日期 |
[06:45] | And what everybody wore. | 还有大家穿的衣服 |
[06:47] | And what everybody said. And what everybody did. | 大家说过的话 还有做过的事 |
[06:50] | Here it is. Westover Junior High 1972. | 找到了 韦斯托弗初中1972年校刊 |
[06:53] | Natalie, don’t open that. | Natalie 不要打开 |
[06:54] | Natalie, put that back. I command you. | Natalie 放回去 我命令你 |
[07:00] | Sherry, you were so cute. | Sherry 你好可爱 |
[07:02] | Okay, now, where is Mr. Monk? | Monk先生在哪里? |
[07:04] | Natalie | Natalie, just close the book. |
[07:07] | I mean it, Natalie. Natalie. | 合上校刊 我不是说笑 |
[07:08] | Okay, that’s it. You’re fired. | 好 忍无可忍 我解雇你 |
[07:11] | – She’s fired. – Oh! | 解雇她 |
[07:14] | No, that couldn’t be me. | 不 不可能是我 |
[07:16] | It says Adrian Monk. | 注明Adrian |
[07:21] | Monk Oh… Adrian. | |
[07:42] | Mom, everyone’s watching. | 妈 别人看着 |
[07:44] | Here’s your lunch. | 这是午餐 |
[07:45] | It’s cut into ten little squares just the way we like it. | 照规矩切成十个小方块 |
[07:48] | And your first aid kit. And your toiletry bag. | 你的急救包 还有梳洗包 |
[07:51] | – Mom. – You’ll thank me later. | – 妈 – 你以后会谢我 |
[07:52] | Remember, don’t share your food with anyone. | 别跟旁人分食 |
[07:54] | Sit near the fire doors. I’ll pick you up at 3:04. | 坐近消防门 |
[07:56] | I’ll be wearing an orange blouse. | 我3时4分来接你 穿橙色衬衣 |
[07:58] | Mom, I know what you look like. | 妈 |
[07:59] | I’ll be fine. | 我认得你样子 我不会有事 |
[08:01] | I love you, Mom. | 我爱你 妈 |
[08:04] | What are you doing? | – 你干什么 – 对 对不起 |
[08:05] | Right. Sorry. | – 你干什么 – 对 对不起 |
[08:12] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[08:14] | And he’s like the real-life Eddie Munster. | 真人版人狼傻小子 |
[08:15] | He can hear you. | – 他听得见的 |
[08:17] | He won’t even know what it means. | – 听见也不懂 |
[08:19] | I heard they don’t even have a TV. | 听闻他们家中没有电视机 |
[08:21] | I heard his brother never comes out of the house. | 听闻他哥哥足不出户 |
[08:23] | I heard they have to memorize the dictionary. | 听闻他们背字典 |
[08:26] | One letter per month. | 一个月一个字母 |
[08:27] | I heard that they take four showers a day. | 听闻他们每天沐浴四次 |
[08:55] | Oh hi, Sherry. | |
[08:58] | I wanted to thank you for recommending | 谢谢你推荐那张摇滚唱片 |
[09:01] | that rock-and-roll record. It was very groovy. | 很劲 |
[09:05] | I didn’t recommend anything. | 我没有推荐过 |
[09:07] | Yes, you did. | 你昨天穿上 |
[09:08] | You were wearing a Led Zeppelin T-shirt yesterday, | Led Zeppelinge上衣 |
[09:10] | which is the same thing as recommending them. | 无异于推荐 |
[09:13] | So, uh, I went out, and I bought their record. | 我买了他们的唱片 |
[09:16] | The, uh… Stairway Up To Heaven? | |
[09:19] | What did you think? | 觉得怎样? |
[09:22] | Well, you know, I haven’t actually listened to it yet. | 未有真正听过 |
[09:25] | We don’t have a record player. | 家里没有唱机 |
[09:27] | I assume it’s excellent. | 但我相信一定好 |
[09:29] | I mean, uh, groovy. | 我指劲 |
[09:31] | Yes, you can tell from the cover. | 看封套已知道 |
[09:33] | They look so groovy. | 看起来很劲 |
[09:36] | Well, I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[09:39] | You always turn your lock back to zero. | 你总是把锁转回零字 |
[09:40] | I noticed that. I do that too. | 我留意到 |
[09:42] | So later it’s easier to open. | 我也是 |
[09:43] | Uh-huh. | 开锁时方便些 |
[09:45] | Actually, there are a lot of things we have in common. | 我们有许多共通处 |
[09:50] | “Things Adrian Monk and Sherry Judd have in common:” | Adrian Monk与Sherry Judd 的共通点 |
[09:53] | You made a list? | 你开了清单? |
[09:55] | “One — our lockers are right next to each other. | 一 储物柜彼此相邻 |
[09:57] | Two — we both like “The Patty Duke Show.” | 二 两人都爱看柏迪杜克特辑 |
[10:00] | Even though she has to be lying | 虽然她肯定说谎 |
[10:01] | because they’re supposed to be identical cousins, | 表姐妹一摸一样 |
[10:03] | which is biologically impossible. | 生理上不可能的事 |
[10:05] | Three — perfect attendance records. | 三 从不缺席 |
[10:08] | And, uh, four… | 四 |
[10:12] | Neither of us has a date to the Spring Fling.” | 我们春之舞都未有约 |
[10:15] | How do you know that? | 你怎知道? |
[10:16] | I happened to catch a glimpse of your weekly planner. | 我无意中瞥见你的记事簿 |
[10:19] | And I noticed that you have a babysitting job | 留意到你那晚替人做保姆 |
[10:22] | lined up for that evening. | |
[10:24] | Unless I’m wrong, which, you know, I’m not. | 除非我错了 |
[10:27] | Hey, Sherry. Hey, Jimmy. | 我没有错 |
[10:30] | I’m going to art class. You wanna be my model? | 我上美术课 做 我模特儿 好吗? |
[10:32] | Yeah, cool. | 好 |
[10:34] | Goodbye, Adrian. | 再见 Adrian |
[10:39] | Bye. | 再见 |
[10:46] | Yes, I will help you. | 好 我帮你 |
[11:02] | What was he like? As a kid? | 他小时候怎样的? |
[11:06] | Pretty much the same. | 跟现在差不多 |
[11:08] | Careful. Smart. | 谨慎 |
[11:11] | Sad. | 聪明 忧郁 |
[11:15] | I don’t think people change, really. | 我不相信人会变 |
[11:17] | At least I’ve never seen it. | 起码我未见过 |
[11:19] | I waited ten years for my husband to change. | 我等丈夫改变等了十年 |
[11:24] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[11:28] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[11:32] | Mr. Monk, let’s come over here. | Monk先生?过来这边 |
[11:50] | Strange. | 奇怪 |
[11:52] | Fingerprints, but no palm prints. | 有指印 却没掌印 |
[12:07] | There were two of them. | 有两个人 |
[12:12] | The housekeeper surprised them. | 给管家撞破 |
[12:16] | There was a struggle. | 双方纠缠 |
[12:19] | She pushes the alarm. | 她按响警钟 |
[12:21] | She hits her head and falls here. | 她撞破头颅 在这儿倒下 |
[12:40] | This painting, is it valuable? | 这幅画贵重吗? |
[12:46] | Not really, except to me. | 谈不上 只有我觉得宝贵 |
[12:48] | It’s my great-grandmother. | 是我的曾祖母 |
[12:52] | Why would someone do something like that? | 为何有人要破坏它? |
[12:56] | Did you have spray paint in the house? | 你家中可有喷漆? |
[12:58] | No. | 没有 |
[12:59] | So they must have brought it with them. | 那一定是他们带来的了 |
[13:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:10] | This is the housekeeper’s blood. | 这是管家的血 |
[13:15] | So they defaced the painting after they killed her. | 他们在杀人和警钟响后才画花脸 |
[13:19] | After the alarm sounded. | |
[13:22] | They risked everything? | 不惜冒大险 |
[13:23] | They risked life in prison | 冒入狱之险也要画花令曾祖母肖像 |
[13:26] | to deface your great-grandmother? | |
[13:32] | I think that’s why they were here. | 我猜这才是他们的来意 |
[13:35] | To do this. | |
[13:38] | To draw glasses and a mustache? | 来画眼睛和八字胡? |
[13:40] | And a little goatee. | 还有少许山羊胡子 |
[13:51] | She was your great-grandmother? | 她是你曾祖母? |
[13:55] | Tell me about her. | 介绍一下她的生平 我未见过她 |
[13:57] | I never met her. | 她争取妇女选举权 |
[13:58] | She was a famous suffragette. | 十分出名 |
[14:00] | She went to jail for the right to vote. | 为争取投票权而入狱 |
[14:03] | Maybe they were making a statement. | 也许他们来表态 |
[14:04] | Like a political thing. | 是政治宣言 |
[14:09] | You mean they broke into the house, | 潜入民居 |
[14:10] | and they beat a woman to death, | 打死女人 再画花肖像 |
[14:12] | – then defaced the painting because they had trouble | |
[14:15] | with the 19th amendment? | 为反对第19修正案? |
[14:16] | Yes. | – 是 |
[14:19] | I mean… no. | 我指不是 |
[14:24] | It’s a mystery. | 动机是迷 |
[14:30] | It’s okay. It’s my house. | 这是我家 |
[14:34] | – Sherry? – Michael? | |
[14:36] | How did– HHow did you get in? | 你怎进来的? |
[14:38] | It’s still my house, Sherry. | 这里仍是我的家 |
[14:40] | – At least technically. – That is not true. | 起码名义上还是 |
[14:42] | You can’t just come over, Michael, it’s– | 不对 |
[14:45] | It’s in the agreement. | 你不能不请自来 协议写明 |
[14:46] | It was on the news. I had to come. | 新闻有报道 我非来不可 |
[14:48] | Sorry about Gladys. I really am. | Gladys 的事很抱歉 真心的 |
[14:50] | Are you okay? Were you here? | 你有没有事?你在家吗? |
[14:53] | I was in San Diego visiting my sister. | 我在圣迭戈探姐姐 |
[14:55] | That’s right. I knew that. | 对 |
[14:57] | Um, Captain Stottlemeyer, | 我也知道 Stottlemeyer队长 |
[15:00] | this is my ex-husband Michael Norfleet. | 这位我的前夫Michael Norfleet |
[15:03] | Yes, we’ve already spoken to Mr. Norfleet. | 我们跟Norfleet先生谈过话 |
[15:07] | This is Adrian Monk and Natalie Teeger. | 他们是Adrian Monk和Natalie Teeger |
[15:10] | Monk? | – Monk?初中的那个? – 对 |
[15:11] | – From junior high? – That’s right. | – Monk?初中的那个? – 对 |
[15:13] | Sherry | Sherry told me all about you. |
[15:15] | About how you never took a single gym class. | 提过你 说你从不上体育课 |
[15:20] | I had a note. | 我有交请假字条 |
[15:22] | Huh. | |
[15:25] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[15:26] | They did that too? Animals. | 他们还画花肖像?禽兽 |
[15:28] | – Did they take anything? – Michael. | 可有偷走任何东西? |
[15:31] | Please just leave. | Michael 请你离开 |
[15:38] | Sir, she asked you to leave. | 她请你离开 |
[15:42] | Yes, okay. I’m going. | 我会走 |
[15:45] | But before I do, | 但离开前 |
[15:47] | I figured I’d save myself a stamp. | 也好省一个邮票 |
[15:50] | Here you go. Your monthly pound of flesh. | 你的 每个月割我一块肉 |
[15:53] | Mail it next time. I’ll pay for the stamp. | 下次寄来好了 我付邮费 |
[15:57] | Yeah, well. Good luck on this. | 祝你早日破案 |
[16:02] | See ya around. | 再见 |
[16:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:20] | How much do we have? | 有多少收入? |
[16:26] | $18.25. | 18.25美元 |
[16:30] | How do you do that? | 你怎知道? |
[16:33] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[16:36] | It’s kind of funny, raising money for a dance | 为我们不参加的舞会筹钱好有趣 |
[16:39] | that neither of us is going to. | |
[16:42] | Uh, Leo, here’s the thing, you gotta pay for that. | Leo 是这样的 要用钱买 |
[16:52] | Pay for what? Where’s your evidence, Columbo? | 用钱买什么?证据呢 神探? |
[16:54] | Leo, I’m telling Principal Thicket. | 我一定告诉费校长 |
[16:56] | I’m not kidding. | 我说真的 |
[16:57] | You don’t wanna do that, Sherry. | 识趣不要 |
[16:59] | You’ll be sorry. I mean it. | 省得后悔 我说真的 |
[17:03] | Are you gonna pay us or not? | 你到底付不付钱? |
[17:07] | Hmm. | |
[17:16] | Leo, I’m telling. I’m serious! | Leo 我一定告状 我说真的 |
[17:19] | Here, it’s okay. It’s only chocolate. Here. | 用这个 不怕 朱古力而已 |
[17:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:25] | You should carry these with you. | 你该随身携带 |
[17:31] | That’s a list of people that have worked | 这是过去一年在她家做过事的人 |
[17:33] | at her house over the past year. | |
[17:35] | – Do you recognize anybody? – No. | – 认得任何人吗? – 不认得 |
[17:37] | Neither did we. | 我们也是 |
[17:40] | Monk, Natalie and Sherry are downstairs waiting for you. | Monk Natalie和Sherry 在下面等你 |
[17:43] | Oh, yeah. | 对 她们拿肖像到博物馆 |
[17:45] | They’re taking the painting to the museum. | 对 她们拿肖像到博物馆 |
[17:47] | A guy named James Duffy works there. | 给一个修复专家James |
[17:49] | He’s a restoration expert. | 检查 |
[17:51] | – What, you’re going with? – Yeah. | – 你一起去? – 对 |
[17:53] | Well, keep your eyes open. | – 请你留意一下 – 什么? |
[17:54] | What? What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[17:56] | Sherry Judd It’s just that your friend, Sherry Judd, | |
[17:57] | just got a homeowner’s policy worth a million dollars two weeks ago. | 刚买了一百万美元家居保险 两周前 |
[18:00] | – That’s pretty convenient, isn’t it? – Well, that’s ridiculous. | 买得挺合时 对不对? 荒谬 |
[18:03] | You think she did it herself for the insurance? | 你怀疑她自导自演骗取保险赔偿? |
[18:05] | No, no, she was in San Diego, like she said. | 不 她的确人在圣迭戈 |
[18:07] | But she could’ve hired somebody. | 但有可能收买别人动手 |
[18:09] | – No. – No? | – 不会 – 不会? |
[18:11] | She doesn’t need the money. | 她不缺钱 |
[18:13] | I got a look at that alimony check. | 我看见赡养费支票每月12000美元 |
[18:14] | She’s getting 20 grand a month. | |
[18:16] | That’s a lot of dough. | – 很大数目 – 谢谢 |
[18:18] | – Thank you. – But, Monk… | 然而 |
[18:20] | you and I have put enough rich people in jail | 你我捉过不少富翁坐牢 |
[18:22] | to know that a lot of dough is never enough. | 该知道钱再多也不够多 |
[18:25] | They always want more. | 他们总希望要更多 |
[18:27] | Not Sherry. You don’t know her. | Sherry不会 你不了解她 |
[18:34] | What? | 笑什么? |
[18:36] | It’s just that I haven’t heard you | 未听过你这样谈论一个女人很久了 |
[18:37] | talk about a woman like this… | |
[18:41] | for a long time. | |
[18:50] | How did you get all that chocolate out? | 你怎洗掉那些朱古力? |
[18:53] | My mom makes me keep a backup shirt in my locker. | 妈妈要我留一件后备衬衣在储物柜 |
[18:58] | Listen, Sherry… | |
[19:01] | I, uh, I really like you– | 我真的喜欢你 |
[19:04] | Hey, Judd. Here. | |
[19:07] | Let me help. | 我来帮你 |
[19:09] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[19:10] | Mr. Thicket said I have to act more like a gentleman. | 费校长说我要有绅士风度 |
[19:13] | He said that just before he gave me two weeks detention. | 然后要我留堂两星期 |
[19:16] | Thanks for ratting me out. | 谢谢你告状 |
[19:17] | Well, you know, Leo, you were stealing | 你偷布置委员会的钱 |
[19:19] | from the decorating committee… | |
[19:21] | man, which means that you were | 即是偷全校同学的钱 |
[19:24] | really stealing from everybody. | |
[19:26] | Relax, Charlie Brown. I learned a lesson. | 查理布朗 别紧张 我学乖了 |
[19:28] | I’ll never steal again. | 永不再偷东西 |
[19:30] | For example, I’ll never do this. | 例如 我永不再做这种事 |
[19:32] | Uh, hey, Leo. That’s mine. Could you please give it back? | Leo 是我的 请还给我 |
[19:36] | And I would never ever dip this into the toilet. | 也永不会把它塞入马桶 |
[19:38] | Oh, Leo, please. Not the toilet. Not the toilet. | 千万不要塞入马桶 别塞入马桶 |
[19:40] | Come on, Leo. Be cool, man. | Leo 别欺负人 |
[19:41] | This is none of your business, Jimmy. | Jimmy 你少管闲事 |
[19:43] | I’m just saying there’s already enough bad vibes in the world. | 这世界戾气够多了 |
[19:46] | You don’t have to add to it. | 无谓火上加油 |
[19:49] | Come on. Give it back. | 来 还给他 |
[19:52] | Mick What would Mick Jagger do? | |
[19:55] | He’d give it back. Wouldn’t he? | Jagger(滚石乐队主音)会怎样做? 他一定归还原主 |
[19:59] | Here. | 还你 |
[20:00] | This isn’t over. | 以后再算帐 |
[20:04] | So what’s the name of that dance? | 那舞会叫什么名字? |
[20:06] | The Spring Fling. | 春之舞 |
[20:08] | That sounds stupid, but if you wanna go, | 好无聊的名字 |
[20:13] | I’ll go. | 若你参加 我也会参加 |
[20:15] | Yeah, that would be cool. | 好 那好 |
[20:28] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | – 你没事? – 很好 |
[20:30] | Are you sure? | 真的?我可以叫Natalie搬 |
[20:31] | Because I could get Natalie to carry it. | |
[20:34] | Oh, hello. | 我们约了艺术品修复部的James |
[20:36] | We have an appointment with James Duffy. | |
[20:39] | – Art restoration. – Sure. | – 好 请来主厅等候 – 谢谢 |
[20:41] | He’ll meet you in the main gallery. | – 好 |
[20:42] | Thank you. | 请来主厅等候 – 谢谢 |
[20:46] | Mr. Monk, can I give you some advice? | – 可以给你一点意见吗? – 可以 |
[20:47] | Yeah. | 我以朋友身份进言 |
[20:48] | And I’m only saying this to you as a friend. | 我以朋友身份进言 |
[20:50] | As someone who’s dated… | 一个约会经验丰富的人 |
[20:52] | a lot. | |
[20:54] | What? | -什么事? |
[20:55] | Some wine spilled. | – 倒翻了酒 |
[20:57] | Where? | – 哪里? |
[20:58] | Over there. | – 那边 |
[21:01] | It’s a painting. | 只是画 |
[21:02] | It’s driving me a little crazy. | 我看着很不顺眼 |
[21:05] | Then don’t look at it. | 那别看 |
[21:06] | Okay, it’s about Sherry. | 是关于Sherry 的事 |
[21:08] | – I’ve been watching you, and I– – I can’t not look. | – 我一直留意你 – 不能不看 |
[21:14] | Maybe they could fix it. | 也许有办法 |
[21:15] | This guy we’re seeing restores art, right? | 约见的人不是修复艺术品的吗? |
[21:17] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 也许可以盖着它 转一下 |
[21:18] | Maybe he could just paint over it. | 也许可以盖着它 转一下 |
[21:20] | – Turn that– – Forget about the painting. | 别理那幅画 |
[21:23] | I think you should ask her out. | 我认为你该约她上街 |
[21:25] | Take her to dinner. | 共进晚餐 |
[21:27] | Sherry? No. | Sherry?不 |
[21:28] | No, I can’t. | 不可以 |
[21:29] | Yes, you can. I know you want to. | 可以的 我知道你心里想 |
[21:32] | – I do? – Yes. | – 是吗? – 对 你心里想 |
[21:33] | You want to. Trust me on this. | 信任我好了 |
[21:35] | What about Trudy? I’m a married man. | 那Trudy呢?我是有妇之夫 |
[21:38] | Mr. Monk, it’s not really a date. | Monk先生 也不是真的约会 |
[21:41] | You’re old friends, right? You’re just catching up. | 你们是老朋友 大家叙旧而已 |
[21:43] | Mr. Monk, she likes you. | 她喜欢你 |
[21:45] | – Uh, there’s no way. – Why not? | – 不 不可能 – 为什么? |
[21:48] | She knows me. | 她熟悉我 |
[21:50] | Just think about this for one second. | 细心想一想 |
[21:51] | There are over 200 private detectives in this city. | 全市有二百多个私家侦探 |
[21:54] | But she came to you, didn’t she? | 她偏偏来找你 对不对? |
[21:59] | She likes you. | 她喜欢你 |
[22:06] | I’m not gonna ask you again, Miss Judd. | 我不会再重复 |
[22:08] | I want you to open that locker. | 请打开储物柜 |
[22:10] | This is crazy. | 没道理 |
[22:11] | Principal Thicket, I didn’t take anything. | 校长 我没有拿走东西 |
[22:13] | Open the locker. | 打开储物柜 |
[22:18] | What’s going on? | 什么事? |
[22:20] | Somebody stole the bake sale money. | 有人偷去糕饼义卖的收入 |
[22:22] | Mr. Thicket got an anonymous note. | 费校长收到匿名字条 |
[22:24] | Whoever wrote it said they saw the money in Sherry’s locker. | 写的人说钱在Sherry 储物柜中 |
[22:28] | That’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[22:34] | I– That’s not mine. | 不是我的 |
[22:37] | That’s not mine! | 不是我的 |
[22:39] | How did that get in there? | 怎会在里面? |
[22:42] | Where’s the money, Sherry? | Sherry 钱在哪里? |
[22:43] | I don’t know. I swear I didn’t take it. | 不知道 我发誓 我没有拿走 |
[22:46] | Well, how did this get in there? | 那钱箱为何在柜内? |
[22:47] | Does anyone else know your combination? | – 有人知道你的密码吗? |
[22:49] | No. | – 没有 |
[22:52] | Let’s go to my office. | 走吧 到校长室去 |
[22:54] | I think we need to talk to your parents. | 要找你父母来谈一谈 |
[22:56] | Back to class. Everybody, back to class! | 回去上课 全部回去上课 |
[23:19] | I love this one. | 我喜爱这一幅画 |
[23:21] | Look at their faces. | 看看两人的表情 |
[23:23] | I wonder what they’re thinking. | 不知道想着什么 |
[23:25] | She’s planning to murder him. | 她计划谋杀他 |
[23:28] | What? | 什么? |
[23:29] | She’s about to feed him Amanita mushrooms. | 她要给他吃鹅膏菌 |
[23:33] | You can tell by the little white spots. | 由那些小白点可以断定 |
[23:36] | It’s a deadly poison. | 致命剧毒 |
[23:38] | Maybe she doesn’t know. | – 也许她不知道 |
[23:39] | Oh, she knows. | – 她一清二楚 |
[23:40] | He’s been hitting her. She’s swollen. | 他打她 看她都肿了 |
[23:44] | See the bruises on her arms and her left eye. | 双臂和左眼青淤 |
[23:47] | She knows what she’s doing. | 她心里有数 |
[23:53] | Must be hard. | 做你一定不容易 |
[23:55] | To be you. | |
[23:57] | To see everything. | 什么都看穿 |
[24:00] | It’s awful. | 很辛苦 |
[24:10] | – Sherry. – Hmm? | |
[24:12] | I was wondering… later… | 不知道待会完事后 |
[24:15] | when we’re done here… if you’re not too busy… | 若你有空 |
[24:20] | maybe, um, we could, you know– | 或者我们可以 |
[24:23] | Hello. James Duffy. | 哈罗 我是James |
[24:26] | Hi, my assistant told me you have a canvas you need me to– | 我的助手说你有油画要我 |
[24:32] | – Sherry? | |
[24:34] | Yes. | 你是? |
[24:36] | It’s Jimmy Wagner. | 我是Jimmy Wayne |
[24:39] | Jimmy? | – 对 |
[24:40] | Oh, my God. I don’t believe this! | 想不到 真的不敢相信 |
[24:45] | Adrian, can you believe it? It’s Jimmy Wagner. | Adrian 你信不信 竟是Jimmy Wayne |
[24:48] | You still wear a flower in your hair. | 你仍然发上别花 你神采飞扬 |
[24:50] | – You look great. – Oh, no, you look great. | – 那里 你才是 |
[24:52] | You look great. | – 不 是你 |
[24:54] | They both look great. | 你俩都神采飞扬 |
[24:56] | Oh, do you remember Adrian Monk? | 记得Adrian Monk吗? |
[24:59] | Yes, of course, Adrian, super sleuth. | 当然记得 超级神探 |
[25:00] | – I read about you all the time. | |
[25:02] | Jimmy. | 经常看你的新闻 |
[25:03] | And Natalie Teeger. | 这位Natalie Teeger |
[25:05] | They’re helping me out. I’ve just had a terrible week. | 他们 他们来帮我 这个星期好不幸 |
[25:09] | Somebody broke into my house. | 有人闯入我家 |
[25:11] | My housekeeper was killed. | 杀死我的管家 |
[25:13] | I heard about that. | 我也有听闻 |
[25:15] | I am so sorry. I didn’t realize that was you. | 真抱歉 我不知道原来是你 |
[25:17] | Oh, it’s confusing. Sometimes I’m Sherry Norfleet. | 是有点混乱 我有时自称Norfleet |
[25:20] | – I was divorced in April. – Oh. | 4月离婚了 |
[25:23] | How ’bout you? | – 你又如何 |
[25:24] | Divorced. Lotta that going around. | – 离婚 现在离婚处处有 |
[25:26] | But you changed your name? | 你改了姓氏? |
[25:28] | Well, my mother remarried when I was 15. | 15岁那年 |
[25:30] | Oh… | 妈妈改嫁 |
[25:32] | You really look great. | 你真的神采飞扬 |
[25:35] | So I guess I should take a look at the patient. | 我该看一看病人了 |
[25:38] | Oh, right over here. | 这边 |
[25:41] | You’ve come a long way from tie-dyeing tee shirts. | 你跟那个扎染上衣小子截然不同了 |
[25:44] | I still do that on the weekends too. | 我周末还有扎染 |
[25:46] | Don’t tell anybody. | 别泄露出去 |
[25:50] | I remember this painting. | 我记得这幅画 |
[25:52] | This was in your parents’ dining room. | 挂在你父母家客厅里 |
[25:55] | – Yeah, that’s right. – Excuse me, Jimmy– Jim. | – 对 没错 – Jimmy 请问一下 |
[25:59] | Is there anything peculiar about that spray paint? | 那种喷漆可有特别之处? |
[26:03] | I’ll have to run some tests, | 要化验过才知道 |
[26:05] | but it feels like an oil-based spray enamel. | 乍看是油基瓷漆 |
[26:07] | You can get it at any hardware store. | 随便一间五金店也买得到 |
[26:09] | So what do you think, Doc? Is she gonna make it? | 医生 怎样?病人有救吗? |
[26:14] | She’ll be fine. I’ll take good care of her. | 可以医好的 我会好好照顾病人 |
[26:18] | Sherry, are you busy? | Sherry 你有空吗? |
[26:20] | I would love to show you my studio. | 我希望带你参观工作室 |
[26:23] | It’s just around the corner. | 在转角处 |
[26:25] | I-I’d love that. | 求之不得 |
[26:26] | That sounds like fun. | 一定很有趣 |
[26:31] | You look great. | 你也神采飞扬 |
[26:41] | Sherry was here. Cash box was here. | Sherry在这儿 钱箱在这儿 |
[26:45] | Leo comes in. Put that cupcake down. | Leo进来 放下糕饼 |
[27:22] | Adrian Monk, is that you? | Adrian Monk 是你吗? |
[27:26] | You’re not allowed in here until after the dance. | 你要舞会后才可以进来 |
[27:30] | Oh, I’m not here for the dance. | 我不是来参加舞会 |
[27:32] | I’m trying to figure out who stole the money from the bake sale. | 我来查明白谁偷去卖糕饼的钱 |
[27:35] | They said it was that girl. The honor student. | 他们说是那个优异生Sherry |
[27:38] | Judd Sherry Judd. | |
[27:40] | I made these for the after-party. | 我为会后舞会烘了这些饼 |
[27:43] | Here, tell me what you think. | 试一下 告诉我味道如何 |
[27:54] | Here. Here. Take this one. | 这块 吃这块 |
[27:57] | It has ten chocolate chips. Exactly ten. | 十粒朱古力碎 |
[28:00] | Just the way you like it. | 你最喜欢的数目 |
[28:06] | You’re an excellent cook, Mrs. Lidsky. | 你厨艺一流 利太太 |
[28:08] | It’s a gift and a curse. | 是恩赐也是天谴 |
[28:11] | Here, I’ll send some more of these home with you | 我拿一些给你带回家和哥哥一起吃 |
[28:13] | for you and your brother. | |
[28:14] | I’ve got some boxes left over from the bake sale. | 糕饼义卖还剩下一些纸盒 |
[28:21] | Blue icing. | 蓝色糖霜 |
[28:33] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[28:35] | It’s a clue. | 是线索 |
[28:37] | Oh. | |
[28:41] | I’m so sorry, Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 真可惜 |
[28:42] | No, I’m happy for her. They seem like a great couple. | 我为她高兴 他们似乎很匹配 |
[28:45] | Well, they’re not a couple yet. | 他们还不是一对 |
[28:47] | They will be. She’s gonna go out with him. | 一定会 她会答应跟他约会 |
[28:49] | How do you know? | 你怎知道? |
[28:50] | I notice little things, like the way she said, | 见微知著 诸如她说 |
[28:52] | “Yes, I will go out with you.” | 好 我乐意与你上街 |
[28:56] | She wrote her phone number on his hand | 还在他手掌上写下电话号码 |
[28:58] | and didn’t let go of his hand for 27 seconds. | 握着他的手整整27秒 |
[29:02] | Natalie. | |
[29:06] | Look at his gloves. | 看看那人的手套 |
[29:09] | – Yeah, so? – No fingers. | 怎样? 没有手指 |
[29:12] | Remember the handprint on Sherry’s wall? | 记得Sherry家墙上的手印吗? |
[29:18] | They were bikers? | – 是铁骑士 |
[29:21] | They were bikers. | – 是铁骑士 |
[29:24] | Captain, you know that list of all the people | 队长 |
[29:27] | who worked at Sherry Judd’s house in the last year? | 记得Sherry家去年的工人名单? |
[29:30] | I cross-checked it against registered motorcycle owners. | 记得 对照过电单车登记车主名单 |
[29:33] | We got two hits. | 两个名字相同 |
[29:34] | Well, good, let’s take one and give one to Monk. | 好 我们查一个 给Monk查一个 |
[29:37] | Yes, sir. Which one? | 队长 哪一个? |
[29:38] | Doesn’t matter. | 没所谓 |
[29:40] | Oh, uh… | |
[29:47] | Just pick one. | 随便挑一个 |
[29:52] | One potato, two potato, three potato, four, five potato… | 指点兵兵 点着谁人做大兵 |
[29:56] | Randy, a woman is dead. | Randy 死了人 |
[29:58] | Yes, sir. | 明白 |
[30:01] | My mother told me to pick the– | 点指贼贼 |
[30:10] | Hey. | |
[30:13] | You, okay? You look uncomfortable. | 你可好?你像浑身不自在 |
[30:15] | Why don’t we leave? | 我们怎不离去? |
[30:16] | No, Mr. Monk, I’m fine. | 我们怎不离去? – 不 我很好 – 好 |
[30:18] | Okay, but if you get uncomfortable, you let me know. | 但若有不自在 |
[30:21] | – And we can just leave. – Okay. | 告诉我 马上撤退 |
[30:23] | Whoa, or if you feel like you’re about to get uncomfortable. | 等一等 若觉得即将不自在 |
[30:27] | Okay, Mr. Monk, why don’t we call the captain and just let him handle this? | 何不找队长来处理 |
[30:30] | No. No, no. We can do this. | 不用 我们应付得来 |
[30:38] | Who are you trying to impress? | – 你要向谁显雄风? |
[30:39] | Nobody. | – 没有 |
[30:41] | – Sherry. – No. | – 没有的事 |
[30:43] | Natalie, I am a private detective. | 我是私家侦探 |
[30:45] | This is what I do. | 查案是工作 |
[30:46] | I don’t care what Sherry Judd thinks of me. | 我才不在乎Sherry 的看法 |
[30:48] | She’s just a girl that sat behind me in homeroom. | 她只是坐在我后面的女同学 |
[30:51] | Hey, you alone? | 你一个人? |
[30:54] | No, I’m with him. | 不是 跟他一起 |
[30:57] | So you’re alone. | 等于一个人 |
[30:58] | You know what, buddy? You don’t wanna do this. | 先生 |
[31:00] | Just back off. | 别招惹我 退下 |
[31:03] | – Huh. | – Huh. |
[31:08] | Hey, how you doin’? | 你好 我们找白卓伟和白佐治 |
[31:09] | We’re looking for Travis and George Baptiste. | 你好 我们找白卓伟和白佐治 |
[31:12] | Never heard of ’em. | – 不认识 – 好 我们走吧 |
[31:13] | Okay, let’s go. | – 不认识 – 好 我们走吧 |
[31:15] | That’s funny, ’cause we heard they’re in here all the time. | 奇怪 听闻他俩经常来光顾 |
[31:24] | Waiter. | 侍应 |
[31:28] | He’s… | 他 |
[31:33] | Excuse me, sir. There’s no smoking. | 不好意思 先生 这儿不准吸烟 |
[31:45] | It’s okay. He can smoke. | 没关系 他可以吸烟 |
[31:55] | New rule, no spazzes in the bathroom. | 新例 严禁笨蛋用洗手间 |
[31:58] | Okay, if I see any spazzes, I’ll tell them. | 我遇见笨蛋会通知他们 |
[32:00] | You’re a regular Flip Wilson, you know that? | 你兼职是个谐星 知道吗? |
[32:02] | Where’s the money, Leo? | 钱在哪里? |
[32:04] | What are you talking about, Monk? | 你胡说什么 |
[32:05] | Monk the punk. | 无用鬼? |
[32:07] | You took the money from the bake sale. | 你偷去糕饼义卖的钱箱 |
[32:09] | You put it in the cake box so nobody would see you leaving with it. | 放入饼盒内 掩人耳目拿走 |
[32:11] | Hey, they found the empty cash box, remember? | 他们已发现空钱箱 记得吗? |
[32:14] | It was in your girlfriend’s locker. | 在你女朋友的储物柜内 |
[32:16] | Which was locked. | – 柜上了锁 |
[32:17] | You framed her. | – 你嫁祸给她 |
[32:19] | How? Tell me. | 怎样嫁祸?只有她知道开锁密码 |
[32:20] | She’s the only one who knows the combination. | |
[32:22] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道方法 |
[32:24] | But you did it. | 但一定是你 |
[32:26] | You’re the guy. | 是你做的 |
[32:27] | I’m the guy? | 我做的 |
[32:29] | I’m the guy who’s about to stuff you | 我还要把你锁进储物柜 |
[32:30] | in your own locker and lock the door. You, uh, looking for us? | 你找我们? |
[32:42] | Travis Baptiste? | 白卓伟? |
[32:44] | Yeah I’m Travis. This is George. | 对 我是卓伟 他是佐治 |
[32:47] | Your neighbor said we might find you here. | 你的邻居说在这儿可找到两位 |
[32:49] | You guys did some roofing work | 你们去年到Michael |
[32:51] | for Michael Norfleet last year. | Norfleet家修补屋顶? |
[32:54] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 |
[32:55] | I wonder why you’re asking. | 问来做什么? |
[32:57] | I wonder if you wonder. | 真的不知道?你星期日晚在那里? |
[33:00] | Where were you Sunday night, Travis? | |
[33:02] | You a cop? | 你是警察吗? |
[33:03] | Are you a killer? | 你是杀人凶手吗? |
[33:11] | Whoa, whoa. | |
[33:44] | Time out, time out. Let me get that. | 可恶 暂停 暂停 我来应付 |
[33:46] | Mr. Monk, get back! | – Monk先生 让开 – 是破瓶 |
[33:47] | – Broken glass. – Get down! | 后退 |
[33:49] | Take it out! | 后退 警察来了 |
[34:10] | Put it down! Drop it! | 快走 走为上著 |
[34:12] | Everyone on the floor now! | 放下 全部人趴下 |
[34:14] | Officer. | Officer. |
[34:18] | Officer, I’m Adrian Monk. | 警察先生 我是Adrian Monk |
[34:20] | I want you to put out an APB on two homicide suspects. | 请你马上发布通缉两名杀人疑犯 |
[34:23] | They just ran outta here. | |
[34:25] | Their names are Travis Baptiste and his brother George. | 他们名叫白卓伟和白佐治 两兄弟 |
[34:27] | – Got it? – Yeah. | Monk先生 他遗下钱包 |
[34:28] | Mr. Monk, look, he left his wallet. | Monk先生 他遗下钱包 |
[34:30] | 109 Vinton Street. This is Sherry’s house. | 文顿街109号 是Sherry 家 |
[34:32] | Enter here. | 由此进入 |
[34:34] | Somebody must have hired them. | 定是有人收买他俩做案 |
[34:41] | What? | 什么事? |
[34:42] | Why are you making that face? Why are you smiling? | 为何这个表情?为何笑? |
[34:45] | Stop it! | 停 |
[34:50] | Kid, you all right? | 孩子 没事吧? |
[34:53] | Adrian, are you okay? | Adrian 你有没有事? |
[34:56] | He’ll be scarred for life. Psychologically. | 他会一辈子留下心里阴影 |
[34:59] | Nah, he’ll get over it. | 不 他会忘记的 |
[35:04] | What did he say? | 他说什么? |
[35:06] | He said he solved the case. | 他说破了案 |
[35:08] | He knows how Leo did it. | 知道Leo怎样嫁祸我 |
[35:16] | Mike Norfleet. | 我是Michael Norfleet Stottlemeyer队长要见我 |
[35:17] | Captain Stottlemeyer wants to see me. | 我是Michael Norfleet |
[35:21] | Yeah, I know. | Stottlemeyer队长要见我 我知道 |
[35:25] | I gotta go. | 我要挂线了 |
[35:32] | Whatever it is, I didn’t do it. | 不管什么事 总之我没做过 |
[35:34] | Sherry. Captain. | Sherry?队长?什么事? |
[35:37] | What’s going on? | |
[35:39] | Oh, good! | 太好了 修好了 全新一样 |
[35:40] | You fixed it. It’s as good as new. | 太好了 修好了 全新一样 |
[35:43] | Sir, please don’t touch that. That’s evidence. | Norfleet先生 别碰 是证物 |
[35:46] | Evidence of what? | 什么证物? |
[35:47] | Mr. Norfleet, you’re under arrest for the murder of Gladys Aquino, | Norfleet先生 现在拘控你杀害Gladys |
[35:51] | your wife’s housekeeper. | 也就是你太太的管家 |
[35:53] | Son, this’ll be a lot easier on everyone if you just confess. | 你坦白招认 大家省麻烦 |
[35:56] | I know you took the money. | 我知道是你偷钱 |
[35:57] | That’s crazy. It was in her locker. | 荒谬 钱箱在她的储物柜内 |
[35:59] | Nobody else could’ve opened it. | 其他人不知道开锁密码 |
[36:00] | The cash box was in her locker because you put it there. | 钱箱是你放入她的储物柜内的 |
[36:04] | And I know how you did it. | 我知道你用什么办法 |
[36:06] | Here’s what happened. | 事情是你收买白卓伟和白佐治 |
[36:07] | You hired two men, Travis Baptiste and his brother, | |
[36:10] | to break in to Sherry’s house. | – 潜入Sherry |
[36:12] | Ridiculous. | 家 – 胡说八道 |
[36:13] | We found this in Travis’ wallet. | 我们在卓伟的钱包找到这张图 |
[36:16] | Anyone coulda written that. | 谁也可以画出来 |
[36:18] | It’s true. | 对 |
[36:19] | The letters are printed. There’s nothing special about them. | 字母没什么特别之处 |
[36:22] | But look at the house number. | 然而看一看门牌号码 |
[36:24] | Look at the zero. | 看那个零字 |
[36:25] | There’s a little line through it. | 有直线穿过 |
[36:27] | I noticed something yesterday. | 昨天给你塞进储物柜时发现一件事 |
[36:28] | When you were stuffing me into my locker. | |
[36:31] | Which, by the way, wasn’t very cool. | 顺带一提 那么做很不对 |
[36:33] | My locker was set to zero. | 我的锁转到零字 |
[36:36] | I remember that Sherry always set her lock to zero as well. | 我记得Sherry也有同一习惯 |
[36:40] | But the day before | 但校长发现钱箱那天 |
[36:42] | when Principal Thicket found the cash box, | |
[36:45] | her lock was not set to zero. | 她的锁并没有转到零字 |
[36:47] | This was all about the zeroes. | 全是零字作怪 |
[36:50] | You don’t see a zero written like this very often. | 很少人这样写零字 |
[36:53] | But I saw four of them | 可我见过四个 |
[36:55] | the day before when you were writing Sherry’s alimony check. | 你写赡养费支票给Sherry那天 |
[36:59] | I’ve seen other people write zeroes like that. | 我见过其他人这样写零字 |
[37:01] | True, but how many of them also know the floor plan | 有多少个认识你太太房子布局? |
[37:05] | to your wife’s house? | |
[37:06] | Here’s what happened. | 事情是这样的 |
[37:08] | When you pretended to help her with her books, | 你假装替她拿书本 |
[37:10] | you pocketed her lock and replaced it with yours. | 乘机偷了她的锁 换上自己的 |
[37:12] | It was a perfect plan. | 天衣无缝 |
[37:14] | You took out the money. | 拿去卖蛋糕收入 |
[37:16] | Then, when nobody was watching, you came back | 趁没有人时 |
[37:20] | and planted the cash box. | 回来放钱箱栽赃 |
[37:21] | Then you put her lock back on the locker. | 然后换回她的锁 |
[37:24] | Why would I hire somebody to break into her house? | 我为何找人潜入她的家里? |
[37:26] | There’s nothing in there that I want. | 里面没有我想要的东西 |
[37:28] | Ah, yes, the motive. | 对 |
[37:30] | I knew it had something to do with this painting. | 动机 我知道一定跟肖像有关 |
[37:34] | But I just couldn’t figure out what. | 只是想不出是什么 |
[37:36] | Then I remembered how you resented | 后来记得你抱怨付赡养费的话 |
[37:38] | paying all that alimony. | |
[37:40] | I believe you called it your monthly pound of flesh. | 你说每月割我一块肉 |
[37:44] | Her alimony? | 赡养费? |
[37:45] | You’d be paying her alimony forever | 她不再嫁 |
[37:48] | unless she got remarried. | 你要一辈子负担赡养费 |
[37:50] | This wasn’t about stealing anything | 动机并非偷窃或伤人 |
[37:53] | or hurting anybody. | |
[37:55] | This was about them. | 而是要撮合他俩 |
[37:57] | You were fixing them up. | |
[38:00] | He knew about Jimmy. | 他知道Jimmy的事 |
[38:02] | I talked about him all the time. | 我经常提起他 |
[38:04] | You tracked him down, and you got lucky. | 你查出他的下落 算你好运气 |
[38:07] | He was single and still living right here in the city. | 他单身 仍然住在本市 |
[38:09] | But you had a problem. | 可是棘手处来了 |
[38:11] | How were you going to get them together? | 如何撮合他俩? |
[38:14] | You couldn’t just call her. | 不能致电给她 |
[38:16] | You and Sherry were barely speaking. | 你跟Sherry互不理睬 |
[38:18] | And she would have resented any suggestion you made. | 你的提议 她一定不接纳 |
[38:21] | So you played Cupid. | 于是你扮演爱神 |
[38:23] | You hired Travis and his brother | 收买白氏兄弟 |
[38:25] | to break into her house. | 入屋画花她珍而重之的肖像 |
[38:26] | And to deface the painting. | 入屋画花她珍而重之的肖像 |
[38:28] | A painting she loved. | |
[38:30] | One you knew she would want restored. | 明知道她一定找人修复 |
[38:33] | You were betting that eventually she’d bring it to James. | 你深信她最终会为画找上Jimmy |
[38:37] | He is the best art restorer in the city. | 他是本市第一流艺术品修复专家 |
[38:40] | They would discover that they still had feelings for each other. | 两人见面自然发现余情未了 |
[38:46] | And you were right. | 你所料不差 |
[38:49] | Nice story. | 好动听的故事 |
[38:51] | You can’t prove any of it. | 你无法证明 |
[38:53] | You can’t prove any of this. | 你没有证据 |
[38:55] | Are you gonna believe Adrian Monk? | 你会相信Adrian |
[38:56] | He’s a freak. You can ask anybody. | Monk?人人知他是怪人 |
[38:58] | Let’s empty out all your pockets. Come on. | 把你袋里的钱拿出来 |
[39:03] | That’s my money. | 钱是我自己的 |
[39:05] | Travis and George were just picked up this morning in Las Vegas. | 白氏兄弟上午在拉斯维加斯落网 |
[39:08] | They will be here tomorrow. | 明天押送回来 |
[39:10] | And these boys are gonna talk. I can promise you that. | 我跟你保证 他们一定和盘托出 |
[39:13] | Their fingerprints were all over that room. | 房间里满是他们的指纹 |
[39:17] | This money’s from the bake sale. | 这是卖饼的钱 |
[39:20] | That’s my handwriting. | 有我的字迹 |
[39:22] | I wrote “Good Luck” next to honest Abe Lincoln. | 我在头像旁边写上 好运 二字 |
[39:26] | Why don’t you and I have a little talk in my office? | 我和你回校长室详细谈谈吧 |
[39:29] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 很对不起 |
[39:32] | Nobody was supposed to get hurt. | 不该有伤亡的 |
[39:35] | What was Gladys doing there? | Gladys为何会在家里?她该放假 |
[39:37] | It was supposed to be her day off. | |
[39:40] | Lieutenant Disher, book him. | Dissel副队 替他落案 |
[39:44] | The crazy thing is… it worked. | 最讽刺是计划成功 |
[39:48] | Congratulations, darling. | 恭喜你 |
[39:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:59] | You’re amazing. | 你真是了不起 |
[40:12] | You’re still amazing. | 你依然了不起 |
[40:25] | Adrian. |