时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The countdown is underway here | 仅供研究 |
[00:01] | at Edwards Air Force Base. The new experimental rocket plane | 严禁商用 |
[00:05] | which was developed by Altman Aerodynamics | 魏而特曼空中动力的实验火箭飞机 |
[00:07] | is scheduled to launch tomorrow morning at 7:30 Pacific time. | 已定于明早7:30发射 |
[00:12] | The four man crew will be lead by a familiar face. | 4名飞行员会由太空人 兼试飞员Steve |
[00:15] | Astronaut and civilian test pilot Steven Wagner. | Wagner 率领 |
[00:18] | Wagner became a national hero four years ago | 4年前他驾驶穿梭机返回大气层时 |
[00:21] | when he made a courageous emergency landing | |
[00:23] | in the space shuttle during reentry. | 冒险紧急着陆成为国家英雄 |
[00:25] | A national hero in my very own living room. | 国家英雄竟在我的客厅里 |
[00:28] | But I’ll never be a hero to you, will I? | 我永不是你的英雄 对吗? |
[00:30] | You were once. | 你曾经是 |
[00:32] | – Is this it? – Uh-huh. | 是这本吗? |
[00:34] | “Between the Sheets: | 在被窝里 Joanne |
[00:36] | The Joanne Raphelson Story.” | Cain 的故事 |
[00:39] | You want to read it? You’re chapter five. | 想看吗?第5章里面有你 |
[00:40] | – How many chapters are there? – 15. | – 共多少章? |
[00:43] | You’ve been a busy girl, Joanne. | 你好勤奋啊 |
[00:46] | And that’s only volume one. | 那只是第一册 |
[00:48] | You really went into detail? | 你写得很详细吗? |
[00:50] | My editor insisted on it. The juicier, the better. | 是编辑坚持 愈详细愈好 |
[00:53] | That’s why I called you, Steve. | 所以打电话给你 |
[00:55] | I didn’t want you to be surprised. | 以免你吓一跳 |
[00:58] | I appreciate that, Joanne. | 感谢你 |
[01:03] | I really do. | 是真的 |
[01:07] | So has anyone seen this new version yet? | 有人看过这新版本吗? |
[01:10] | Not yet. | 没有 |
[01:11] | When do you hand it in? | 什么时候交稿? |
[01:13] | Next week. I’m still proofreading it. | 什么时候交稿? |
[01:15] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[01:18] | Oh. | |
[01:20] | An olive, a cherry, and an onion. What do you call this? | 橄榄 樱桃和洋葱 这叫什么? |
[01:23] | A Spacewalk. It’s my own recipe. | 太空漫步 是我自创的 |
[01:25] | It’s a good name. | 好名字 |
[01:27] | Feel like I’m flying. So do you want to read it? | 我觉得飘飘然 |
[01:31] | I plan to. That’s why I’m here. | 你想看我的书吗? 想 |
[01:34] | But I’ve changed my mind. | 所以才来 但 |
[01:36] | Hell, I’ve been a test pilot for 15 years. | 我改变主意 我当了试飞员15年 |
[01:39] | I once landed a space shuttle in the ocean. | 曾将穿梭机降落在大海里 |
[01:42] | I think I can handle whatever’s in chapter five. | 不会怕第5章的内容 |
[01:45] | So hand it in. Hit me with your best shot. | 交稿吧 不用留情 |
[01:47] | Thank you, Steve. | 谢谢你 |
[01:51] | Mm. | |
[01:54] | Sir, there’s a rumor | 传闻你会竞选参议员 |
[01:55] | you might be considering a run for senate. | 传闻你会竞选参议员 |
[01:57] | I don’t know. I’ve been to Washington. | 很难说 我没去过华盛顿 |
[01:59] | Look at you. | 看你 |
[02:00] | I think I’m a lot safer in outer space. | 看你 我在太空安全得多 |
[02:02] | Damn, you’re cute. | 你真可爱 |
[02:04] | Seriously, after this mission, | 完成任务后 |
[02:05] | I’m going to sit down and review my options. | 我会做下一步决定 |
[02:07] | But I will say this: If I choose to run for public office, | 但如果决定参政 |
[02:10] | I will treat it like any other mission. | 我会像其他任务一样 |
[02:11] | I will fully commit and I will win. | 全力以赴 得到胜利 |
[02:14] | Failure is not an option. | 不容有失 |
[03:24] | Hello. | 好吗?Cain小姐?我见到你的车子 |
[03:25] | Miss Raphelson. | |
[03:27] | Miss Raphelson, I see your car. | |
[03:31] | Miss Raphelson? | Cain小姐? |
[03:35] | Madre de dios! | 天 |
[03:36] | Miss Raphelson? | |
[03:38] | Madre de dios! | |
[03:42] | Career day. | 职业讲座? |
[03:45] | What would I talk about? | 要我说什么? |
[03:47] | Your career. | 你的职业 |
[03:48] | Your job. | 你的工作 |
[03:50] | Oh, come on, Mr. Monk. It would mean so much to Julie. | Monk先生 好吧 Julie会好开心的 |
[03:52] | Yeah. I can’t do it. I’m sorry. | 我应付不来 |
[03:54] | I can’t speak in public. | 我不能在人前演讲 |
[03:56] | See, that’s not true. | 不是的 当初替你工作 |
[03:57] | Remember when I first started working for you | 不是的 当初替你工作 |
[03:59] | and you made that list of all your fears and phobias. | 你列出所有害怕和恐惧的事 |
[04:01] | There were 103 things. | 共103项 |
[04:03] | Public speaking wasn’t one of them. | 演讲不在其中 |
[04:05] | Actually, there were a couple of things | 其实有几项没说 |
[04:06] | that I didn’t mention. | 不想你觉得我古怪 |
[04:08] | I didn’t want you to think I was weird. | 不想你觉得我古怪 |
[04:09] | Why don’t you ask the captain? | 你不如问Stottlemeyer队长 |
[04:11] | Whatever it is, thank you for asking, | 无论是什么 |
[04:13] | but I can’t do it. I think we’re done, huh? | 都不能应承 |
[04:18] | The housekeeper has her own key. | 女管家自己有钥匙 |
[04:20] | She comes in every other week. | 隔周来打扫 |
[04:21] | She found the body right here a couple hours ago. | 几小时前在这儿发现尸体 她叫 |
[04:24] | Joanne Cain Her name is, uh, Joanne Raphelson. | |
[04:26] | 36. Former Vegas showgirl. | 36岁 曾在赌城表演歌舞 |
[04:28] | And the coroner just took the body. | 验尸官刚搬走尸体 |
[04:30] | Said she’s been dead for five days. | 说她已死了5天 |
[04:32] | So that makes it, uh… | 即是 |
[04:35] | Wednesday morning. | 星期三早上 |
[04:36] | Wednesday. | 星期三? |
[04:37] | ‘Scuse me. Why are we here? | 请问我们来干吗?她自杀 |
[04:39] | She killed herself, right? | 对吗? |
[04:41] | Uh, maybe. | 或者 |
[04:42] | I’m not sure. | 很难说 |
[04:43] | I noticed a few things. | 我注意到几件事 |
[04:45] | I wanted to run them by you. | 想你研究一下 |
[04:50] | Found a letter from a publisher in New York. | 我找到由纽约出版社寄来的信 |
[04:53] | She was about to have a book published. | 她即将出版一本书 |
[04:56] | A memoir called | 是回忆录 名为 |
[04:58] | “Between the Sheets: The Joanne Raphelson Story.” | 在被窝里 Joanne Cain 的故事 |
[05:01] | Between the–? Oh. Yeah. | 在 |
[05:04] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[05:06] | And a check for 50 grand, which she has not deposited. | 还有一张未存入的5万美元支票 |
[05:10] | Pretty weird time to hang yourself, huh? | 这个时候上吊很奇怪 |
[05:13] | Good work, sir. | 做得好 |
[05:14] | You don’t have to sound so surprised, Randy. | Randy 不用这样意外 |
[05:17] | Oh, I’m not surprised. | 我不是意外 |
[05:19] | Awestruck. | 而是赞叹 |
[05:23] | – Awestruck. – Well, don’t be. | – 是赞叹 – 不要 是命令 |
[05:25] | And that’s an order. | 你命令我不要赞叹? |
[05:26] | You’re ordering me not to be awestruck? | 你命令我不要赞叹? 对 站在那边 别赞叹 |
[05:28] | That’s right. Stand over there and don’t be awestruck. | 对 站在那边 别赞叹 |
[05:31] | Sir. | 是 长官 |
[05:35] | Anything else? | 还有什么? |
[05:37] | Uh, yeah. Looks like her computer’s missing. | 她的电脑似乎不见了 |
[05:39] | There’s a power strip with a surge protector, | 有装上电压保护器的插线板 |
[05:41] | a printer, and no computer. | 打印机 但没有电脑 |
[05:43] | ‘Scuse me, sir. | 长官 对不起 |
[05:45] | Sorry. I’ve never disobeyed an order in my life. | 对不起 我没试过违抗命令 |
[05:49] | It’s really good work. It’s awesome. | 但你的确聪明 令人赞叹 |
[05:51] | Randy, why don’t you go outside and talk to the neighbors? | Randy 你不如去查问一下邻居 |
[05:54] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[05:56] | It’s awesome. | 令人赞叹 |
[05:59] | So am I right? | 我说得对吗? |
[06:01] | Something’s not kosher. | 有些地方不对劲 |
[06:09] | It’s her driver’s license. | 这是她的驾驶执照 |
[06:12] | How tall do you think that stool is? | 这张凳子多高? |
[06:15] | Mm… about 18 inches. | 约18寸 |
[06:20] | The rope’s 7’6″. | 绳索长7尺6寸 |
[06:24] | But according to her license, | 但驾驶执照说她只有5尺5寸 |
[06:26] | she’s only 5’5″. | |
[06:28] | I’m 5’5″. | 我是5尺5寸 |
[06:32] | Step up. | 站上去 |
[06:37] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:40] | It doesn’t add up. | 尺寸不吻合 |
[06:44] | So how long have you lived here? | 你在这儿住了多久? |
[06:46] | 15 years. Maybe 14. | 15年 或者14年 |
[06:48] | You know what, my old lady would know that. | 我太太该知道 |
[06:50] | You can ask her when she gets back… | 她回来时你可问她 |
[06:52] | if she’s sober. | 如果她没喝醉 |
[06:54] | Hey, you want one of these? | 吃吗?是有益的水果 |
[06:55] | Nectarines. They’re the perfect fruit. | |
[06:57] | – Okay. – There you go. | – 好的 – 拿着 |
[07:00] | Now why is the garage door open again? | 干吗车房门又打开了? |
[07:03] | Benny, what’d I tell you about this? | Benny 我说过什么? |
[07:05] | – I didn’t open it. – Really. Well, then who did? | 我没打开它 真的?那么是谁打开? |
[07:08] | Maybe Donna did it. You ever think of that? | 也许是Donna 有想过吗? |
[07:09] | Your sister couldn’t open up a box of crayons. | 你妹妹想打开盒颜色笔也不行 |
[07:12] | She’s six years old for cryin’ out loud. | 她只有6岁 |
[07:14] | Mr. Cain, I just have a few more questions. | Jame先生 还有几条问题 |
[07:17] | How well did you know Ms. Raphelson? | 你跟Cain小姐熟悉吗? |
[07:18] | Not as well as I wanted to | 我也想跟她熟悉一点 |
[07:20] | if you get my drift. | |
[07:22] | Hey, she was hot. | 她很性感 |
[07:24] | What a waste. | 真可惜 |
[07:26] | Did she have any visitors last week? | 上周二或三有人找过她吗? |
[07:28] | Say Tuesday or Wednesday? | |
[07:30] | No. | 我记得就没有 |
[07:31] | Nobody. Nobody. | 我记得就没有 |
[07:33] | Not as far as I recall anyway. | |
[07:34] | Oh, for c– Not a– | Hurt走到外面了 |
[07:36] | Benny Hector’s out! | |
[07:37] | Benny, could you– go get your dog, please. | 追它回来 |
[07:39] | Why should I? | 干吗要我去? 因为你打开了车房门 |
[07:40] | Because you opened up the garage. | 因为你打开了车房门 |
[07:43] | Hey, smart guy! | 小子 |
[07:44] | This is a police offer, right? | 他是警察 |
[07:46] | I could have him lock you up. | 我可叫他锁起你 |
[07:49] | You think about that. | 想清楚 |
[07:50] | How’s it going? | 进展如何? |
[07:52] | Captain. This is, uh, Darrel Cain. | 队长 这是Darwin Jame先生 Jame先生 |
[07:55] | Darrel Cain, Captain Leland Stottlemeyer, | Leland Stottlemeyer 队长 |
[07:57] | Natalie Teeger, Adrian Monk. | Natalie Teeger 和Adrian Monk |
[08:00] | Mr. Cain says he was home last week, but he didn’t see anything. | Jame先生说他上周在家 但没 |
[08:02] | ‘Scuse me. | 请问那箱子是寄给Joanne |
[08:04] | That box is addressed to Joanne Raphelson. | Cain 的吗? |
[08:08] | Yeah. It was on her porch. | 是 搁在门廊 |
[08:12] | Well, I’d heard she died. I figured it was up for grabs. | 听见她死了 该可拿走 |
[08:15] | You can’t just take mail from somebody’s porch. | 你不能随便拿去别人门廊的邮包 |
[08:17] | Yeah, you can if it’s fruit. | 可以的 如果是水果 |
[08:20] | Law doesn’t apply to fruit because it’s perishable. | 法例不包括水果 因为会腐烂 |
[08:22] | Actually, sir, the law does apply to fruit. | 其实法例包括水果在内 |
[08:27] | Are you eating one? | 你在吃吗? |
[08:29] | No. I was just putting that back. | 不 我只是将它放回去 |
[08:31] | Captain. | 队长 |
[08:32] | You wanted to see her phone record. Yeah. | 想看她的电话记录吗? |
[08:36] | No calls at all on Tuesday. | 星期一和二都没打电话? |
[08:38] | Or Monday? | |
[08:39] | Last call she made was Saturday morning | 最后一个电话在周六凌晨2:05打出 |
[08:42] | at 2:05 a.m. | |
[08:50] | Hello. This is Captain Leland Stottlemeyer, | 喂?我是三藩市警队的 Leland |
[08:52] | San Francisco Police. Who’s this? | Stottlemeyer 队长 阁下是谁? |
[09:05] | Captain Stottlemeyer? | Stottlemeyer队长? |
[09:09] | Yeah. Hey. | 是 |
[09:10] | – Is this a bad time? – Oh. No. No. | 来得不合时吗? |
[09:13] | Some friends are throwing me a little party. | 不 朋友为我举行派对而已 |
[09:14] | It’s sort of a tradition. | 是一种传统 |
[09:16] | Congratulations on your flight. | 恭喜你飞行成功 |
[09:17] | Hey, and, uh, congratulations on that crash landing four years ago. | 恭喜你4年前紧急着陆成功 |
[09:21] | Oh, and, uh, marrying the figure skater. | 还娶了花式滑冰选手 |
[09:24] | Yeah, congratulations on your whole damn life. | 恭喜你一生顺境 |
[09:27] | This is Lt. Disher, | 这是Disher副队 Natalie |
[09:28] | Natalie Teeger, and Adrian Monk. | Teeger 和Adrian Monk |
[09:31] | Monk. I know that name. | Monk?我听过这名字 |
[09:33] | You’re the detective. | 你是侦探 |
[09:35] | The one who quit. | 那个辞了职的侦探 |
[09:37] | I-I-I didn’t quit, exactly. | 我其实 |
[09:39] | It was a– It was a leave of absence. | 没有辞职 只是休假 |
[09:42] | It’s nothing to be ashamed of, Mr. Monk. | 不用难堪 |
[09:43] | Some people just can’t handle the pressure. | 有人就是承受不了压力 |
[09:45] | I-I-I didn’t quit. | 我 没有辞职 |
[09:47] | Mr. Wagner, I’m sorry. | Steve Wagner 先生 对不起 |
[09:49] | My daughter just wrote a school paper about you. | 我女儿刚写了一篇文章关于你 |
[09:51] | Good. I need all the PR I can get. | 好的 我需要更多人认识 |
[09:54] | She’s not going to believe that I met you. | 她不会相信我见到你 |
[09:55] | Do you mind if I take a picture? | 可与你拍张照片吗? – 没问题 – 谢谢 |
[09:57] | – Not at all. – Thank you. | – 没问题 – 谢谢 |
[09:58] | I’m not a quitter. I didn’t quit. | 我没放弃工作 |
[10:00] | There were extenuating circumstances. | 有原因的 |
[10:02] | There always are. | 总有理由 |
[10:04] | The trick is not to let them stop us. | 但就别让它们影响你 |
[10:08] | Captain, you said it was important. | 队长 |
[10:09] | Oh, yeah. Um… | 你说有要事 |
[10:12] | do you know a woman named Joanne Raphelson? | 你认识一个叫Joanne Cain 的女人吗? |
[10:16] | She’s dead, isn’t she? | 她死了 对吗? |
[10:19] | She finally did it. | 她终于死了 |
[10:22] | You’re not surprised. | 你并不意外 |
[10:25] | Joanne’s been depressed for months. | Joanne已抑郁了多个月 |
[10:26] | For years, really. | 该是多年 |
[10:28] | She was about to have a book published | 她快要出版一本书 |
[10:29] | but somehow that made it worse. | 令情况更糟 |
[10:31] | Like I was saying, Mr. Monk, | 就像我对Monk先生说 |
[10:33] | some people just can’t handle the pressure. | 有些人就是承受不了压力 |
[10:34] | It was a psychological discharge, for God’s sake. | 我因心理问题离职 |
[10:36] | It was only temporary. | 暂时而已 |
[10:37] | – I plan on being reinstated. – He’s so much better. | 暂时而已 – 我打算复职的 – 他已好多了 |
[10:39] | How well did you know her? | 你跟她熟悉吗? |
[10:42] | Intimately. | 关系亲密 |
[10:44] | When was the last time you saw her? | 你上次与她见面是什么时候? |
[10:45] | Five years ago. | 5年前 |
[10:48] | No, wait, she called you on the phone last week. | 慢着 她上周打电话给你 |
[10:50] | That’s true. | 对 |
[10:51] | She calls me once or twice a year when she’s lonely, | 每年她会因为寂寞 郁闷 |
[10:54] | depressed, or drunk, and sometimes all three. | 或醉酒而打电话给我一两次 |
[10:57] | Steve | Steven? |
[10:58] | Honey, we’re cutting the cake. | 要切蛋糕了 |
[11:00] | Hey, look, uh, | 可以明天再谈 |
[11:01] | we could talk about this tomorrow, okay? | |
[11:03] | That’s all right, captain. I have no secrets from my wife. | 不用 我与太太没秘密的 |
[11:05] | Honey, these gentlemen are detectives. | 老婆 他们是警探 |
[11:07] | Joanne Raphelson is dead. | Joanne Cain 死了 |
[11:09] | Oh, no. Poor girl. | 真可怜 |
[11:12] | I made a mistake, captain. | 队长 |
[11:14] | Five years ago. | 5年前我做错了 |
[11:16] | Nicole knows all about it. | 妮歌很清楚 |
[11:17] | I don’t deserve this woman. | 我不配娶她 |
[11:20] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 请问你那杯是什么? |
[11:21] | What is that you’re drinking? | |
[11:23] | It’s called a Spacewalk. | 叫太空漫步 |
[11:25] | My husband invented it. | 我丈夫自家出品 |
[11:28] | Is–Is that an olive? | 那是橄榄吗? |
[11:30] | And an onion and a cherry. | 还有洋葱和樱桃 |
[11:32] | It’s my claim to fame. Would you like one? | 我成名作 喝一杯吗? |
[11:34] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[11:35] | Mr. Wagner, I was reading about your flight | Steve Wagner 先生 我看过你的飞行报道 |
[11:38] | and they said they almost had to cancel the liftoff. | 他们说差点要取消发射 |
[11:40] | – You were running late. – That’s true. | 你迟到吗? |
[11:42] | I got lost on my way to Edwards. | 对 我去空军基地时迷路 |
[11:43] | Can you believe it? | – 你相信吗? |
[11:45] | You–You got lost? | – 你迷路? |
[11:46] | I tried a different short cut. | 我抄了一条新捷径 |
[11:47] | I-I-I guess I’m a better navigator in the sky | 我在天空比在路上驾驶得好 |
[11:50] | than I am on the highways. | |
[11:52] | Congressman, glad you could make it. | 议员先生 真高兴你有时间来 |
[11:54] | Steve. Hey, when are we going to have that talk | Steve 何时可谈谈你的前途? |
[11:56] | about your future? | 愈快愈好 |
[11:57] | The sooner, the better. | 愈快愈好 |
[11:59] | Will you excuse us? My friends are waiting. | 失陪 我的朋友在等我们 |
[12:02] | We can talk about this some other time. | 可改天再谈吗? |
[12:04] | – Absolutely. – Great. | – 没问题 – 好的 很高兴认识大家 |
[12:05] | – It was nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识大家 我也是 |
[12:08] | He’s the guy. | 他就是凶手 |
[12:11] | Who’s the guy? | 谁是凶手? |
[12:13] | The astronaut. He killed her. | 太空人 他杀了那女人 |
[12:17] | Joanne Cain Somebody made that exact same drink | |
[12:19] | at Joanne Raphelson’s house before she died. | 死前 有人在她家里 弄了同样的饮品 |
[12:21] | Adrain Monk, it’s not possible. | |
[12:23] | He was in space. | 不可能 他在太空 |
[12:24] | He did it. | 是他干的 |
[12:26] | Outer space, Monk. | 但电视播映他在太空绕着地球飞 |
[12:28] | He was on TV. He was orbiting the Earth. Gotta admit, it’s a pretty good alibi. | 那是极有力的不在场证据 |
[12:36] | He–He’s the guy. | 他是凶手 |
[12:52] | Adrain Monk, 99 times out of 100, | |
[12:55] | I am in your corner. | 我几乎每次都相信你 |
[12:56] | But I just can’t see it. | 但这次不行 Steve |
[12:58] | Steve Wagner is a national hero. | Wagner 是国家英雄 |
[13:00] | It’s true, Mr. Monk. | 对 Monk先生 |
[13:01] | He was on the cover of “Time” magazine. | 他曾登上时代杂志封面 |
[13:03] | Actually, it was “Newsweek.” | 其实是新闻周刊 |
[13:04] | Actually, it was both. | 其实两本都有 |
[13:06] | Now look, we need to tread carefully here. | 我们要小心分析 |
[13:08] | First off, there’s no motive. | 首先 没有动机 |
[13:10] | The wife knew about the affair. | 他太太和许多人都知道这笔风流帐 |
[13:11] | A lot of people did. | |
[13:12] | It wasn’t just the affair. | 但这不是风流账那么简单 |
[13:14] | We just talked to Joanne Raphelson’s editor | 刚问过Joanne Cain 在纽约的编辑 |
[13:16] | in New York. | 她快将交下一次草稿 |
[13:17] | She was about to hand in her next draft, | 她快将交下一次草稿 |
[13:19] | which contained a couple of real bombshells. | – 含爆炸性内容 |
[13:22] | Like? | – 例如? |
[13:23] | Like which of her ex-boyfriends beat her up five years ago. | 5年前被男朋友毒打 |
[13:26] | Somebody put her in the hospital. | 给送入医院 |
[13:28] | She had a concussion, right? Mm-hmm. | 她的脑受到震荡 |
[13:31] | And you think Steve Wagner’s involved? | 你认为与Steve Wagner 有关? |
[13:35] | I just don’t believe it. I’m sorry, Mr. Monk. | 我不能相信 对不起 Monk先生 |
[13:40] | Look, Wagner wants to run for office. | Steve想从政 |
[13:42] | A story like that would bury him. | 这类故事会害死他 |
[13:45] | Okay. Maybe you found a motive. | 或者你找到动机 |
[13:48] | Maybe. But it doesn’t matter. | 但没关系 |
[13:50] | And I’ll tell you why. | 听我解释 |
[13:51] | Because your suspect, Monk, was in outer space. | 因为你怀疑的人在外太空 |
[13:54] | He wasn’t on this planet. | 他并不在地球 |
[13:56] | It’s true. | 对 |
[13:57] | Julie and I watched it on television. | 我和Julie在电视看见 |
[13:58] | The whole world was watching. | 全世界都看见 |
[14:00] | He took off on Monday and he landed on Friday. | 他周一升空 周五着陆 |
[14:03] | Here’s the case file. | 这是案件的档案 |
[14:04] | The coroner is 100% sure. | 验尸官好肯定 |
[14:07] | Joanne Cain He is certain | |
[14:08] | that Joanne Raphelson died of ligature strangulation | 周三早上被绳索勒死 当时Steve |
[14:11] | on Wednesday morning while your man was in space. | Wagner 在太空 |
[14:15] | Now maybe we should take a minute | 我们想想有否更好的不在场证据吧 |
[14:17] | and see if we can think of a better alibi. | |
[14:43] | It’s a pretty good alibi. | – 证据很有力 |
[14:45] | Yeah. | – 是 |
[14:47] | She had drugs in her system? | 她体内有巴比土酸盐 |
[14:48] | Barbiturates. | |
[14:49] | Yeah, coroner says she took some pills. | 验尸官说她吃了药 |
[14:51] | They didn’t work. | 但死不去 |
[14:53] | She went to plan B and dangled herself. | 便上吊 |
[14:54] | It happens all the time. | 这种事常见 |
[14:55] | But you said yourself the crime scene didn’t look kosher. | 但你说过案发现场有点不对劲 |
[14:58] | Monk, what I’m saying is it might be murder, | 是 我说这可能是谋杀 |
[15:02] | but it wasn’t him. | 但他不是凶手 |
[15:03] | Captain. | 队长 |
[15:04] | I think Monk’s right. | 我认为Adrian Monk没错 |
[15:06] | Thank you. Reinforcements. | 谢谢你支持我 |
[15:08] | I think I know how Wagner did it. | 我知道Steve |
[15:10] | Okay. This is the ship. | Wagner 怎样杀人 |
[15:12] | And let’s pretend this globe represents the earth. | 这是太空船 把地球仪当作地球 |
[15:14] | That’s a globe. It does represent the earth. | 地球仪的确代表地球 |
[15:18] | Right. Okay. | 对 |
[15:21] | Here’s what happened. | 是这样的 |
[15:22] | First part was easy. | 第一部分很容易 他起飞 |
[15:23] | He takes off. | 第一部分很容易 他起飞 |
[15:33] | As he passes over San Francisco, | 飞越三藩市时启动逃生舱 |
[15:35] | he activates the escape pod. | |
[15:38] | Well, wait. | 且慢 |
[15:39] | Uh, wait. Uh, was– was there an escape pod on the ship? | 太空船上有逃生舱吗? |
[15:43] | No. Not officially. But I think he smuggled one on. | 正式来说没有 但他可偷运上去 |
[15:45] | Mm-hmm. And where did he get it, the escape pod? | 他从哪儿得来逃生舱? |
[15:48] | He built it. | 自己制造 |
[15:50] | Yeah. Out of a kit. | 对 |
[15:51] | In his basement. | 在地牢用工具箱制造 |
[15:53] | He’s resourceful. | 他自有办法 |
[15:54] | Anyway, | |
[15:56] | splashdown. | 他降落海中 |
[15:58] | He climbs out of the pod, | 爬出逃生舱 |
[15:59] | makes his way to her house, | 到她家里将她杀死 |
[16:01] | kills her, climbs back onto the pod, | 再返回逃生舱 |
[16:02] | fires up the engines, back in space. | 开动引擎 飞回太空 |
[16:06] | Thank you, Randy. | 谢谢你 Randy 那 |
[16:09] | It’s just a theory. | 推测而已 |
[16:10] | I don’t think so. | 不是的 |
[16:11] | No. I’ve heard theories before and, uh, | 我听过推测 |
[16:15] | they don’t sound like that. | 不是这样的 |
[16:21] | It’s him. It’s Steve Wagner. | 是Steve Wagner |
[16:25] | Hello? | 喂?是 |
[16:27] | Yes. | |
[16:30] | Really? | 真的?那太好了 |
[16:32] | Oh, that’s wonderful. | |
[16:35] | Uh, tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. | 明天早上10时 |
[16:39] | Oh, the kids are going to be so thrilled. | 孩子会很雀跃 |
[16:41] | Okay, great. I’ll see you then. | 好的 到时见 |
[16:43] | Steve | Steve Wagner is speaking at Julie’s school |
[16:45] | for Career Day. | Wagner 会到Julie的学校演讲 |
[16:47] | Wait, you invited him. | 你邀请他? |
[16:48] | Yeah. I met his PR person last night | 昨晚离开时遇见他的公关人员 |
[16:50] | as we were leaving. | |
[16:51] | Natalie, he killed his ex-girlfriend. | Natalie 他杀了他的前度女朋友 |
[16:54] | Monk, maybe you should go too. | 或者你也该去 |
[16:57] | You think the guy’s involved, | 你认为案件与他有关 |
[16:59] | it’ll give you a chance to feel him out. | 可乘机将他查清楚 |
[17:03] | Fine. | 好的 |
[17:05] | Okay. I’ll do it. | 我会 |
[17:08] | You’re both coming? | 你俩都来?我会当选全年最佳母亲 |
[17:10] | I’m going to be class mom of the year. | |
[17:14] | When I was your age, I was a Boy Scout. | 我在你们这种年纪加入了男童军 |
[17:17] | Who here knows the Boy Scout motto? | 谁知道男童军的座右铭? |
[17:19] | Be prepared. | 随时做好准备 |
[17:21] | That’s right. And that motto saved my life. | 对 这个座右铭救了我一命 |
[17:23] | Because when the landing gear didn’t come down, | 因为起落架失灵时 |
[17:25] | I was prepared. | 我早有准备 |
[17:27] | I knew what I had to do. | 知道怎样做 |
[17:29] | I went around Florida. Goodbye, Florida. | 绕过佛罗里达 |
[17:32] | Over Louisiana. | 飞到路易斯安那州 |
[17:33] | And landed the space shuttle here in the Gulf of Mexico | 飞到路易斯安那州 将穿梭机降落在这儿 |
[17:36] | with a great big belly flop. | 墨西哥湾 机腹直插水面 |
[17:38] | And you weren’t even scared? | 你不害怕吗? |
[17:40] | No, I wasn’t scared. | 不 |
[17:42] | I was terrified! | 是非常害怕 |
[17:45] | People called me a hero. | 大家叫我英雄 |
[17:47] | But anybody–anybody could’ve done that. | 但所有人都做得到 |
[17:50] | You or you | 你 |
[17:52] | or you | 你 |
[17:53] | or you or… | 你 你或 |
[17:57] | you or you. | 你和你 |
[18:01] | Being brave is being afraid of something | 勇敢是无惧于做你害怕的事 |
[18:03] | but doing it anyway. | |
[18:06] | What are you going to do next? | 你接着会做什么? |
[18:08] | Well, tomorrow, I’m testing a brand-new jet for the Air Force | 明天我会为空军测试新喷射机 |
[18:11] | called the FA22 Raptor. | 叫FA- 22猛禽战机 |
[18:13] | It’s the most advanced fighter in the world. | 是世界最先进的战斗机 |
[18:15] | She’s faster than the speed of sound. | 比音速更快 |
[18:17] | So if you hear a big boom in the sky tomorrow, | 所以明天听见空中传来巨响 |
[18:19] | that’s me saying hello, kids. | 就是我在说 好吗?孩子 |
[18:23] | Before I go, | 临走前 |
[18:24] | I brought some official Steve Wagner laser pointers for all you kids. | 我要送给大家镭射指示器 |
[18:28] | Here you go. Take one, pass them back. | 拿一支 再传到后面 |
[18:30] | Well, I had a great time. | 今天很开心 |
[18:33] | And remember, what does Steve Wagner want you to do? | 但记着 Steve Wagner 想你做什么? |
[18:36] | Aim high. | 胸怀大志 |
[18:40] | Thank you so much, Mr. Wagner. | 谢谢你 Wagner 先生 |
[18:42] | Wasn’t he great? Let’s give him a hand. | 很精彩对吗?大家鼓掌多谢 |
[18:45] | Thank you. | |
[18:47] | Okay, so Julie’s next guest is Mr. Adrian Monk, | 谢谢 Julie下一位嘉宾是Monk先生 |
[18:50] | who’s also my boss. | 他是我上司 所以要对他特别好 |
[18:51] | So everybody be extra nice. | 他是我上司 所以要对他特别好 |
[18:53] | He’s going to talk about what it’s like | 他会说说警察的工作 |
[18:55] | to be a police detective. | |
[19:01] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:08] | Hi, I’m… | 嗨 我是 |
[19:09] | I’m, um… | 嗨 我是 |
[19:14] | I’m… | 我是 |
[19:28] | Leave it. | 别管它 |
[19:36] | I’m, uh… | 我是 |
[19:40] | I’m Adrian Monk. | 我是Adrian Monk |
[19:44] | Who wants to be a detective when they grow up? | 谁长大了想当侦探? |
[19:52] | What about you? | 你呢?不想? |
[19:54] | No? | |
[19:57] | Everybody in your row has their hand up. | 你这行的同学都举手了 |
[20:03] | If you put your hand up then… | 假如你也举手 |
[20:06] | it would be a perfect row. | 就会全行举齐 |
[20:11] | Put your hand up! | 举起手 |
[20:20] | Where’s your gun? | 你的手枪呢? |
[20:22] | Um, I, uh, | 我没有手枪的 |
[20:24] | I don’t have– I don’t have one. | |
[20:26] | You can’t carry one cause you had a breakdown. | 你因为精神崩溃 所以不能带枪 |
[20:30] | Oh, well, uh… | 这个 |
[20:32] | Julie says you’re afraid of milk. | Julie说你害怕牛奶 |
[20:36] | Well, everybody’s afraid of something, right? | 每个人都有害怕的东西 |
[20:40] | Julie said you’re afraid of everything. | Julie说你什么东西都害怕 |
[20:43] | Mr. Monk, I really– I’m– | Monk先生 我 真的没 |
[20:45] | Have you ever caught a real killer? | 你有没有抓过真的杀人犯? |
[20:47] | Oh yes. | 有 |
[20:49] | Oh… | 有 |
[20:50] | yes, I’ve caught a lot of killers. | 我抓过很多杀人犯 |
[20:53] | Some killers are very smart. | 他们有些很聪明 |
[20:56] | And some are very powerful. | 有些很有权势 |
[20:59] | Some are even famous. | 有些很出名 |
[21:01] | They don’t think they will ever be caught. | 他们没想过会被抓到 |
[21:04] | But in the end, | 但结果都会被捕 |
[21:07] | they… | |
[21:09] | they’re always caught. | |
[21:11] | And I’ll tell you why. | 原因是这样 |
[21:14] | Because the police | 因为警方可能出错 |
[21:17] | can make mistakes. | |
[21:20] | I make mistakes all the time. | 我就经常出错 |
[21:24] | But, uh… | 但 |
[21:25] | but… | 但 |
[21:31] | See, a-a killer has to be, uh… | 杀人犯必须 |
[21:43] | A killer has to be perfect. | 杀人犯必须毫无错误 |
[21:45] | And, uh… | |
[21:48] | nobody’s perfect. | 但 没有人永不犯错 |
[21:57] | The first police officers appeared in ancient Rome | 首批警察出现在 |
[22:01] | in 200 B.C. | 公元前200年的古罗马 |
[22:04] | They were called Centurions. | 他们叫百人队队长 |
[22:07] | In many ways, they were like our modern police force. | 跟现代警察很相似 |
[22:10] | It was their job to–to– | 他们的工作是 |
[22:13] | to enforce laws and to–to maintain order. | 执法和维持治安 |
[22:18] | They were, uh, chosen | 他们是因为 |
[22:21] | for their… their loyalty and their courage. Aaaaah! | 忠心和勇敢而被选中 |
[22:37] | Here, Mr. Monk. Drink that. Are you okay? Oh. | 没事 |
[22:44] | That was a good, good speech. | 你说得很好 |
[22:46] | I think the kids learned a lot. | 孩子学了很多东西 |
[22:49] | Are they still laughing? | 是 他们还在笑吗? |
[22:51] | They’ll have to stop soon. | 很快会停 |
[22:53] | The period’s almost over. | 快下课了 |
[22:54] | I am such a… | 我真是 |
[22:57] | what do you call it? | 怎么说? |
[22:58] | Wuss. No, Mr. Monk, you are not a wuss. | 软弱无能 不 你不是 |
[23:02] | Well, I’m not a man. I know that. | 我自知不是个大丈夫 |
[23:05] | I’m a mutant. | 我是半人半懦夫的变种软丈夫 |
[23:07] | I’m half man, half wuss. | |
[23:09] | I’m a muss. | |
[23:11] | Here you are. Our brave centurion. | 你在这儿 勇敢的百人队队长 |
[23:12] | I liked your speech. | 我喜欢你的演讲 |
[23:14] | Especially the little dance number at the end. | 尤其是最后那一小段舞蹈 |
[23:15] | Those laser pointers can be very dangerous. | 那些指示器可能会有危险 |
[23:17] | Yeah. They’re a real menace. | 对 |
[23:19] | I hear you’ve been checking up on me. | 好危险 听说你在调查我 |
[23:20] | Calling Joanne’s family. | 找Joanne的家人和出版社 |
[23:21] | Her publisher. Turning over rocks. | 彻底调查 |
[23:23] | If you want to talk to me, let’s talk right now man to muss. | 想跟我谈的吧 现在吧 软丈夫 |
[23:31] | Did you hit her? | – 你有打她吗? |
[23:33] | Hit who? Joanne. | – 谁? |
[23:35] | Joanne Did you hit her so hard | |
[23:36] | that she woke up in the hospital? | 你将她毒打至入医院吗? |
[23:38] | I wouldn’t repeat that, Mr. Monk. | 我不想再说了 那是诽谤 |
[23:39] | That’s slander. Besides, who would believe it? | 而且 谁会相信? |
[23:43] | That’s why you killed her, isn’t it? | 所以你杀了她 对吗? |
[23:46] | Because she was about to go public. | 因为她要将事情公开 |
[23:48] | She was about to tell the truth about you. | 揭露你的真面目 |
[23:52] | You’re a sad little man. | 你是个可怜的小男人 |
[23:54] | I can’t believe you and I breathe the same air. | 我们竟然活在同一个世界 |
[23:56] | I was on a space ship, Mr. Monk, | Monk先生 当时我在太空 |
[23:57] | circling the Earth with my crew. | 与队员绕着地球飞行 |
[24:00] | Why doesn’t that satisfy? | 你为何还不满意? |
[24:03] | Am I making you nervous? | 我令你不安吗? |
[24:06] | Never. You know why? | 没有 |
[24:09] | See. | 知道原因吗? |
[24:11] | You flinched. | 看 |
[24:13] | See, you’re a flincher. | 你畏缩 你是胆小鬼 |
[24:16] | You’ll never stop me | 你没法阻止我 |
[24:17] | because when the chips are down when it really counts, | 因为在危急关头 |
[24:20] | you are always going to flinch. | 你总会退缩 |
[24:25] | Sir, sorry to interrupt. | 对不起 |
[24:27] | We have to go. | 打断你们 我们要走了 |
[24:28] | Would you excuse us? The governor’s waiting. | 失陪 州长在等我 |
[24:35] | My God. You were right. | 天 你说得对 |
[24:39] | He killed her. | 他杀了Joanne Cain |
[24:41] | That was almost a confession. | 那几乎是招认 |
[24:44] | But how? | 但他怎样做到? |
[24:46] | How did he do it? | |
[24:54] | And they were just toys. | 那不过是玩具 |
[24:56] | Little red flashlights. | 小小的红色闪光 |
[24:59] | But I was terrified. | 但我很害怕 |
[25:02] | I wanted to scream. | 想尖叫 |
[25:04] | What–What did you do? | 结果怎样? |
[25:07] | I screamed. | 我尖叫 |
[25:11] | At least I heard screaming. | 起码听到尖叫声 |
[25:13] | Pretty sure it was me. | 我肯定是我尖叫 |
[25:16] | Adrian, you were giving a speech in front of a group of people. | Adrain 你在群众面前演讲 |
[25:19] | That’s real progress. | 那是一大进步 |
[25:21] | No, really. I’m very proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[25:23] | Yeah. | |
[25:25] | You’re never going to be completely free of fear. | 你永不会完全摆脱恐惧 |
[25:28] | You can’t expect that. | 你不能有这期望 |
[25:29] | But real courage is being afraid of something | 但真正有勇气是敢于做你害怕的事 |
[25:32] | and doing it anyway. | |
[25:33] | – Nah. – What? | – 不要说 – 什么? |
[25:35] | Steve | Steve Wagner… |
[25:37] | said the exact same thing. | Wagner 说了同一番话 |
[25:41] | Really? | 真的?那太空人? |
[25:42] | The astronaut. | |
[25:47] | Doctor, killed his girlfriend. | 他杀了他女朋友 |
[25:50] | Which I do not condone. It’s indefensible, of course. | 不能容忍 无可宽恕 |
[25:54] | Seems I’m afraid all the time. | 我时常害怕 |
[25:58] | I’m so tired of being afraid. | 已经好厌倦了 |
[26:01] | Adrain Adrian. | |
[26:03] | I’m anxious to talk about your phobias. | 我很想谈谈你的恐惧症 |
[26:05] | We talked about aversion therapy. | 提过用厌恶治疗法 |
[26:08] | Okay. | 就 |
[26:09] | Let–Let’s–Let’s do it. Let’s do it. | 现在开始吧 |
[26:11] | – Right now. – Okay. Okay. All right. | – 好的 – 开始吧 |
[26:13] | – Here we go. – All right. | 你想由哪种恐惧着手? |
[26:14] | Which of your fears would you like to work on first? | 你想由哪种恐惧着手? |
[26:18] | Glaciers. | 冰川 |
[26:20] | Glaciers. | 冰川 |
[26:21] | No. | 冰川 |
[26:23] | Rodeos. | 不 花式骑术 |
[26:25] | Ah, glaciers. Glaciers. | 不 冰川 |
[26:27] | All right, why don’t we just start with a basic one? | 不如由最基本开始 |
[26:30] | Fear of heights. | 例如畏高 |
[26:32] | – Okay. Heights. – Heights. | – 畏高 开始吧 – 畏高 |
[26:34] | – Let’s do it. Heights. – Okay, good. | 好的 |
[26:35] | Let’s get up on the roof right now. | 我们到天台去吧 |
[26:37] | Wait. Whoa. Okay. Wait, wait. | 去哪里?且慢 且慢 你坐下来 |
[26:38] | – Sit. – I’ll sit. | 好的 我坐下来了 |
[26:40] | Sit down. | 好的 |
[26:42] | Okay, I’m down. Sitting down. | 我坐下来了 |
[26:45] | Not– I’m not ready. | 我没 |
[26:47] | For that. Uh… | 准备好 |
[26:52] | let’s–let’s just build up to it gradually. | 我们逐步慢慢来 |
[26:57] | Here’s what. | 不如坐在这儿说些很高的东西? |
[26:58] | Why don’t we sit here | |
[27:01] | and, uh, name really tall things. | |
[27:06] | I’ll go first. | 我先开始 |
[27:10] | The Sears Tower. | 西而斯百货大楼 |
[27:14] | Mm. Okay, wait, wait, wait. | 且慢 |
[27:16] | Mm. No. That’s too tall. | 且慢 |
[27:19] | Um, not the Sears Tower. | 不行 这座大楼太高了 |
[27:22] | Just a regular Sears maybe. | 或者说些普通的百货大楼 |
[27:26] | Just a regular Sears. | |
[27:29] | Department store. | |
[27:30] | Adrian, why don’t we work on your phobias another time, | 不如改天才治疗你的恐惧症吧 |
[27:33] | okay? | |
[27:37] | Okay. | |
[27:43] | When I– When I look at a man– | 看着像Steve |
[27:47] | a real man like Steve Wagner… | Wagner 那样的大丈夫 |
[27:53] | I just feel weak. | 我只觉软弱 |
[27:55] | I just feel so inadequate. | 只觉非常不足 |
[27:59] | I know he’s guilty. | 我知道他有罪 |
[28:02] | But I’ll never be able to prove it. | 但就永不能证实 |
[28:07] | Steve Adrian, | |
[28:08] | Wagner Steve Wagner is a human being. | |
[28:11] | And if he’s guilty, | 是一个人 如果他有罪 |
[28:13] | I know something he’s very much afraid of. | 我知道有些东西他很害怕 |
[28:16] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[28:19] | You. | 你 |
[28:37] | She’s in the house. | 她在屋里 |
[28:40] | He was up there | 他就在太空绕着地球飞 |
[28:43] | in space. | |
[28:46] | Circling the Earth. | |
[28:48] | – Maybe he had an accomplice. – No. | 或者他有帮凶 |
[28:51] | We have statements from all of the neighbors. | 不会 问过所有邻居 |
[28:53] | There were no visitors, no cars. | 没见过访客和车辆 |
[28:55] | She was definitely alone. | 肯定只有她一个人 |
[28:58] | Somehow he killed her from up there. | 但不知怎样他却由太空杀了她 |
[29:03] | Well, she collected a lot of dolls. | 她收集洋娃娃 |
[29:06] | Lot of really ugly dolls. | 许多奇丑无比 |
[29:09] | Natalie | Natalie. |
[29:11] | Holes. | 有几个小洞 |
[29:12] | How did we miss that? | 竟然没看见 |
[29:16] | They were drilled recently. | 最近才钻的 |
[29:19] | She wasn’t killed out there. She was killed in here. | 但她不是在外面被杀 而是里面 |
[29:22] | She was found in there. | 她在里面被发现 |
[29:26] | She could’ve been killed someplace else. | 可能在其他地方被杀 |
[29:40] | Speak of the devil. | 说到曹操 曹操就到 |
[29:42] | Sorry. I didn’t know anyone was here. | 对不起 我不知道屋里有人 |
[29:44] | Are you looking for something? | 你在找东西吗? |
[29:46] | I wanted a flower from her garden. | 我想在她的花园摘朵花 |
[29:50] | She loved this garden. | 她很喜欢这个花园 |
[29:54] | I cared for the girl. I won’t deny that. | 我承认关心她 |
[29:56] | You came a long way to pick a flower. | 你竟然远道而来摘朵花 |
[29:58] | Actually, I was heading up here anyway. | 其实我要来这边 |
[30:00] | I have a test flight at Paxton in a couple of hours. | 几小时后要在帕克斯顿试飞 |
[30:02] | Now it’s your turn. What are you doing here? | 轮到你说你在这儿干吗? |
[30:04] | I’m investigating Joanne’s murder. | 我在调查Joanne的谋杀案 |
[30:06] | Her suicide. | 她是自杀 |
[30:08] | It was murder. | 是谋杀 |
[30:09] | I think we both know that. | 我和你都知道 |
[30:12] | Come on, man. | 来 |
[30:13] | Are you deaf? Please, just close the damn garage door. | 你聋了吗?把车房门关上 |
[30:16] | Well, I did. Three times! | 我关上3次了 |
[30:18] | Well, guess what. It’s open again. | 知道吗?又开了 |
[30:21] | Well, maybe it’s broke. | 或者坏了 门是新的 不会坏 |
[30:22] | It ain’t broke. It’s brand-new. | 门是新的 不会坏 |
[30:25] | Holy son of a– Look at this. | 看他 |
[30:27] | Look at him. He looks just like– | 他好像是 |
[30:29] | Hey, you know what, I think that is. | – 我想他是 |
[30:30] | – Who? – The– Who? | – 谁? |
[30:32] | The– He’s the–the guy. The spaceman from TV. | 他 是电视上的太空人 是名人 |
[30:35] | He’s famous. Go get the camera would you? | 拿相机来 |
[30:36] | Get the–get the– Stay with your brother. | 跟着哥哥 |
[30:38] | Go get the camera. | 拿相机来 |
[30:39] | Uh, excuse me. | 请问 |
[30:41] | ‘Scuse me. | 请问 |
[30:42] | Uh, uh, uh, excuse me. | |
[30:44] | Uh, you–you’re famous, right? | 你很出名 |
[30:48] | You’re that Steve Wolanski– | 对吗?你是 屈Steve |
[30:49] | Wagner. Steven Wagner. | 是Steve Wagner |
[30:51] | Wagner. Steve Wagner. I knew that. | |
[30:54] | You’re the space cowboy, right? | Wagner 你是那太空人 对吗? |
[30:56] | Oh, man, you’re– | 你将着火的穿梭机降落 |
[30:57] | you’re the dude that landed the space shuttle | |
[30:58] | when it was on fire. | |
[31:00] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[31:01] | I lost ten bucks on that. | 我因此输了10元 |
[31:02] | Sorry to disappoint you. Would you excuse us? | 抱歉令你失望 对不起 |
[31:04] | We’re in the middle of something. | 我们有事在谈 |
[31:05] | Could you excuse us, please? | 请你们走吧 |
[31:11] | You folks live across the street. Is that, right? | 你们住在对面 是吗? |
[31:14] | Huh? Yeah. It’s us right over here. | 对 |
[31:17] | Yeah, that’s right, how are you, man? | 那房子 你好吗? |
[31:18] | Good to meet you. I’m Darrel. | 幸会 |
[31:20] | This is my daughter Donna here and this is, uh… | 我姓Jame 这是我女儿Donna |
[31:22] | Hi, nice to meet you. | 这是Benny |
[31:23] | Benny. | |
[31:25] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来这儿干吗? |
[31:27] | You’re curious, aren’t you? | 你好奇 是吗? |
[31:29] | That’s the best thing a boy can have. | 男孩子最重要有好奇心 |
[31:31] | Curiosity. | |
[31:33] | I was friends with the lady that lived here. | 住在这儿的小姐是我的朋友 |
[31:35] | Oh, man. That’s a shame. | 真遗憾 |
[31:37] | That’s… that’s heart breaking. | 叫人难过 |
[31:41] | Can we get a picture? | 可以拍张照片吗? |
[31:42] | I can do better than that. | 不仅拍照 |
[31:44] | I’m flight testing a brand-new jet in a couple of hours. | 几小时后我要为新喷射飞机试飞 |
[31:47] | How’d you like to come and watch? | 想来观看吗? |
[31:48] | Bring the whole family. Be my guests. | 与家人齐来 做我的嘉宾 |
[31:51] | What, are you–you kidding me? | 你说笑吗?他们不介意? |
[31:52] | They wouldn’t mind? | 你说笑吗?他们不介意? |
[31:54] | You have every right to be there. You’re a tax payer, right? | 你有权到来 你是纳税人 对吗? |
[31:56] | Yeah. | 是 |
[31:58] | Sales tax. | 销售税 |
[31:59] | Could we come too? | 我们也可以去吗?我很喜欢飞机 |
[32:01] | I’m a big aviation buff, fan. | |
[32:04] | That’s so true. | 没错 |
[32:06] | Such a fanatic. | – 是飞机迷 – 简直疯狂 |
[32:07] | – I love airplanes. – Just crazy about the, uh… | – 很喜欢 – 百看不厌 |
[32:10] | – Can’t get enough of them. – The takeoff. | – 看起飞 – 看着机翼 |
[32:12] | – And the wings and all. | |
[32:14] | There we go. The rudder. | 和 降落 |
[32:15] | And that–the landing. | – 方向舵 |
[32:17] | You wouldn’t mind if we come, do you? | 你不会介意我们来吧? |
[32:25] | Talking about state-of-the-art technology here. | 有部分是样本 |
[32:28] | The most advanced war planes ever built. | |
[32:30] | Some of these planes are prototypes. | 不曾有人驾驶 |
[32:32] | That means nobody’s ever flown ’em. | |
[32:34] | Sounds dangerous. | – 听起来很危险 |
[32:36] | It can be dangerous. | – 可有危机 |
[32:37] | Then why do you do it? | 那你为什么要做这种工作? |
[32:38] | If I didn’t do it, Benny, somebody else would. | 如果我不做 就会有其他人做 |
[32:41] | Where’s the fun in that? | 乐趣在哪里了? |
[32:43] | Now you kids will love this. | 这是模拟飞行库 |
[32:45] | This is a flight simulator. | 小朋友会喜欢 |
[32:46] | It’s kind of like a $30 million video game. | 像个3千万元的电视游戏 |
[32:48] | Cool. | 厉害 |
[32:49] | – Want to check it out? – Okay. | 厉害 – 想看看吗? – 好的 |
[32:51] | You grown-ups stay here. | 大人留下 |
[32:52] | We’ll be right back. | 很快便回来 |
[32:54] | Captain Savo, you’re in charge. | Savo队长 这儿交给你 |
[32:59] | He is good people. | – 他人很好 |
[33:01] | Yeah. He is good people. | – 对 很好 |
[33:03] | Hey, how well do you know him? | 你跟他熟悉吗? |
[33:05] | Well enough to wonder what he’s doing. | 熟悉得不知他在干什么 |
[33:07] | Let’s go in. | 进去吧 |
[33:11] | Whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa. That’s a little dark in there. | 里面有点黑 |
[33:14] | Let’s just wait out here for awhile. | – 只是 – 在外面多等一会吧 |
[33:18] | Bully Paulie! | |
[33:20] | Why is this garage door open? | 机库门干吗打开了? |
[33:22] | Don’t know, Sarge. Opened by itself. | 不知道 |
[33:23] | Maybe we installed it wrong. | 它自动打开的 或者是安装错误 |
[33:25] | I got the same problem with my garage. | 我的车房门也有这个问题 |
[33:27] | It’s like an epidemic. | 像流行病 |
[33:31] | Natalie | Natalie, I know how he did it. |
[33:34] | I know how he killed her! | 我知道他怎样杀死Joanne Cain |
[33:36] | It’s all about the garage doors. | 全是那些车房门 |
[33:38] | It is? Yes. | – 是吗? – 是 |
[33:40] | Dad. | – 爸 – 爸爸 |
[33:41] | – Daddy! – Where’s Mr. Wagner? | – 爸 – 爸爸 Steve Wagner 先生呢? |
[33:43] | He left. He said he was late for something. | 他走了 说有事办迟到了 |
[33:44] | What’s wrong, sweetie? | 什么事 亲爱的? |
[33:46] | The astronaut took her doll. | 太空人把她的洋娃娃拿走了 |
[33:48] | He took her doll? | 他拿走了她的洋娃娃? |
[33:50] | That’s it! | 是这个了 |
[33:51] | Natalie, it’s all about the doll! | Natalie 皆因那洋娃娃 |
[33:54] | You just said it was all about the garage door. | 你刚才说皆因那车房门 |
[33:55] | It’s about the doll and the garage door. | 皆因那洋娃娃和车房门 |
[33:58] | It’s about both. | 两样东西 |
[34:06] | Mr. Cain, where did you get that doll? | Jame先生 你在哪儿得来洋娃娃? |
[34:09] | I… | – 我 |
[34:11] | Come on. You stole it, didn’t you? | – 你偷来的 是吗? |
[34:12] | It was in a box sitting on Joanne’s front porch. | 它放在Joanne门廊上的箱子里 |
[34:15] | And you took it just like you took the Fruit of Month box. | 你像那箱水果一样把它拿走 |
[34:18] | It was sitting there for three days, all right? | 箱子搁在那儿3天 |
[34:20] | I figured she wasn’t home. | 她该不在家 |
[34:21] | You’re a horrible neighbor. | 你是个讨厌的邻居 – |
[34:25] | Honey, it’s gonna be all right. | 爸爸 – 没事的 |
[34:28] | It’s gonna be okay. | – 我不见了 – 不要紧 |
[34:30] | It’s gonna be all right. Sweetie, come on. | 没事的 宝贝 不要哭 |
[34:37] | This is Captain Savo. | 我是Savo队长 |
[34:39] | I just lost two of my civilians. | 不见了两名市民 |
[34:40] | Notify the law enforcement desk. | 通知执法组 |
[34:43] | Thank you. | |
[34:44] | The captain’s on his way. | 队长正赶来 |
[34:46] | We have to find Wagner before he gets rid of that doll. | 要在Steve Wagner 毁灭洋娃娃前找到他 |
[34:48] | Monk, I don’t understand. | – 我不明白 |
[34:50] | Here’s what happened. | – 是这样的 |
[34:53] | Before he left… | 他升空前一定到过Joanne家 |
[34:54] | Wagner must’ve gone to Joanne’s house. | |
[34:56] | He drugged her but not enough to kill her. | 给她吃下麻醉药 不足以致命 |
[34:58] | Just enough to knock her out for a couple of days. | 但会令她昏迷几天 |
[35:01] | Then he built a machine — a murder machine — | 然后制造一台杀人机器 |
[35:05] | a machine that would hang her on Wednesday | 在他离开几天后 |
[35:07] | long after he was gone. | 于周三把她吊死 |
[35:09] | What kind of machine? | 是怎样的机器? |
[35:11] | A garage door opener. | 车房门开关器 |
[35:13] | He left her there drugged. Probably tied up. | 他把Joanne迷晕 可能绑起来 |
[35:16] | And then took off into space with the whole world watching. | 然后在全世界面前发射升空 |
[35:23] | Mr. Monk, what are you doing? | Monk先生 你在干吗? |
[35:26] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[35:28] | They’re on ramp two. He’s handling the missile. | 他们在2号停机坪 他搬动导弹 |
[35:30] | No, no, no, no. | 不要 |
[35:32] | Those are missiles. They could be nuclear weapons! | 那些是空对空导弹 可能是核武器 |
[35:35] | Then stop me for the love of God. | 天 那就制止我吧 |
[35:44] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[35:45] | She died on Wednesday. | 她死于周三 |
[35:46] | How did he activate the machine? | 他怎启动那机器? |
[35:48] | It was so simple, it was brilliant! | 很简单 |
[35:49] | He used a remote control. | 非常高明 他用了遥控器 |
[35:52] | He taped it or glued it down so it stayed on. | 他将遥控固定在启动状态 |
[35:56] | Then he put the remote control | |
[35:57] | inside one of those dolls. | 再把它放在其中一个洋娃娃里 |
[35:59] | Then he mailed it to her own house | 然后在周二寄出到Joanne的家 |
[36:01] | second day mail. | 周二寄出 周三早上到 |
[36:03] | Second day mail? Wednesday morning. | 周二寄出 周三早上到 |
[36:05] | Exactly. It was like a time bomb. | 没错 它犹如计时炸弹 |
[36:07] | The mail man delivered the remote control, | 邮差送来遥控器 |
[36:10] | put it on the front porch. | 放在前屋门廊 |
[36:11] | On the other side of that door, | Joanne就在门后面被吊死 |
[36:13] | she was being strangled. | |
[36:15] | Oh my God. | |
[36:17] | But they found her in the living room! | 但尸体在客厅发现 |
[36:19] | After he landed, Wagner went back to her house. | Steve Wagner 着陆后 回到她家里 |
[36:22] | He dismantled the machine | 拆除机器 |
[36:23] | and moved her body into the other room. | 将尸体移到客厅 |
[36:25] | It was a perfect plan except for one thing. | 计划无懈可击 |
[36:27] | The doll was missing. | 除了一事 洋娃娃不见了 |
[36:29] | He must’ve panicked. | 他一定很惊慌 |
[36:31] | He went back there again today to try to find it. | 于是今天再去找 |
[36:34] | He knew that remote could tie him to the murder. | 知道遥控器会将他和谋杀扯上关系 |
[36:37] | His fingerprints are all over it. | 上面满布他的指纹 |
[36:38] | ‘Scuse me! Hi. | – 打扰你 |
[36:40] | Hey, nice ride. | – 好棒 |
[36:41] | Hi. Listen, we’re looking for Steve Wagner. | 先生 我们想找Steve Wagner |
[36:43] | He may be on the flight line. | 可能在跑道上 |
[36:45] | I think they just cleared him for takeoff. | 刚批准他起飞 |
[36:47] | Great. We’d love to watch. Which way? | 好极 我们想观看 怎样去? |
[36:48] | You can’t miss him. | 定找到 |
[36:50] | He’s in the brand-new FA22. | 他驾着全新的FA- 22战机 |
[36:53] | Uh, yeah. Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:55] | Yeah, hi. | 嗨 |
[36:56] | Hello again. | 又是我们 |
[36:58] | Could you settle a bet? | 可为我们打赌评理吗?我们想知道 |
[36:59] | My friend and I were wondering if, uh, | |
[37:01] | somebody could drop anything | 是否把东西从FA22的驾驶座扔出去 |
[37:03] | out of the cockpit of an FA22. | |
[37:05] | Of course, I say no way. | – 我就说不行 |
[37:07] | Of course you can. | – 当然可以 |
[37:09] | Like what? | 扔掉什么? |
[37:10] | Uh, you know, a Japanese doll. | |
[37:12] | About this big. | – 一个日本洋娃娃 – 这种大小 |
[37:14] | Well, there’s an air lock. | 有个类似滑槽的气塞 |
[37:16] | Like a chute | 投下照明弹和紧急发报机 |
[37:17] | to drop flares and emergency transmitters. | 投下照明弹和紧急发报机 |
[37:18] | I owe you one. Go figure. | – 原来如此 |
[37:20] | – Thank you. – That’s unbelievable. | – 谢谢 |
[37:21] | Hey, wait a second. | 等等 |
[37:23] | Hey, where’s your escort? | 带你们参观的人呢? |
[37:25] | – Hey, where you going? – Go, go, go! | – 走吧 – 上哪儿去? |
[37:47] | No, no, no, Mr. Monk! Wait! | 不 |
[38:11] | Hey! | Monk先生 |
[38:16] | Hey! | 你想?等等 |
[38:20] | Pull over! | 停下来 停下来 |
[38:51] | Put your hands on your head and get on your knees. | 手放头上 跪下来 |
[38:56] | Sir, step away from the jet. | 先生 远离喷射机 |
[39:02] | Step away from the jet. | 请你远离喷射机 |
[39:07] | San Francisco Police Department. | – 他是警方的人 |
[39:09] | Stop! They’re friendly! They’re friendly! | – 停止 |
[39:11] | Stand down! | 放下武器 |
[39:15] | Stand down. | 撤消戒备 |
[39:51] | Captain, please hand me the item. | 队长 我是联邦探员 |
[39:57] | The doll, sir. Hand me the doll. | 给我洋娃娃 |
[40:02] | Security team, secure the suspect. | 保安人员 拘押疑犯 |
[40:24] | Cuff the suspect, then secure the air craft. | 拘押疑犯和飞机 |
[40:35] | Control, suspect secure. | 指挥部 |
[40:54] | Julie, come on. Mr. Monk. | 已将疑犯拘押 |
[40:59] | Julie made something for you. | Monk 先生 Julie做了些东西给你 |
[41:01] | What? | 是吗? |
[41:02] | Well, all my friends at school | 是吗? |
[41:04] | were talking about what you did | 我的同学都在讨论你的事 |
[41:06] | and how we were so wrong about Mr. Wagner. | 还有大家如何看错了Steve Wagner 先生 |
[41:09] | And how you caught him. | 还有你怎样把他抓到 |
[41:11] | Well, um, anyways, I made you this in art class. | 我在美术课做了这个给你 |
[41:16] | Oh. Julie. | 噢 Julie |
[41:18] | It’s a medal of valor. | 这是英勇勋章 |
[41:20] | Cause you’re the bravest man I’ve ever known | 因为除了爸爸 |
[41:22] | except for my father. | 我认为你最英勇 |
[41:24] | Oh, sweetie. | 宝贝 |
[41:25] | I’m going to get the camera. | 我去拿相机 |
[41:27] | Well, I– | 我 |
[41:29] | Julie | Julie, thank you. I mean thank you. |
[41:32] | What is that? A pin? Is that a pin? | 谢谢 这是别针吗? |
[41:33] | Yeah, it’s okay. I’ll be careful. | 是 放心 我会小心 |
[41:35] | Wait, wait. That–That– You know, that– | 别 |
[41:36] | That can puncture the skin. People get infected. | 慢着 可能会刺破皮肤 |
[41:39] | I’ll just hold it. How about that? | 受到感染 我拿着好了 |
[41:41] | That’s just as good. | 一样好看 |
[41:42] | Okay. Smile. | 好了 笑 |
[41:44] | You too, Rambo. | 勇士 你也要笑 |
[41:46] | Wait, look. It says courage. | 且慢 看 写着 英勇 |
[41:48] | Yeah. I see that. I see that. | 我看见 |
[41:49] | Take–Take the picture. | 好了 拍照吧 |
[41:51] | No flash. No flash. Retinal scarring. | 别用闪光灯 会损害视网膜 |