时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | The longest garbage strike in the history of San Francisco | 旧金山历史上规模最大的一次清洁工人罢工 |
[00:12] | continues and there is still no end in sight. | 仍在继续 并且没有终止的迹象 |
[00:16] | On every street corner, | 每个角落 |
[00:17] | the trash continues to pile up. | 垃圾成堆 |
[00:20] | Negotiations between the city and the sanitation workers | 市政府与公共卫生联合会之间的谈判 |
[00:23] | have completely broken down. | 彻底决裂 |
[00:25] | So, how are residents coping? | 市民们如何应对? |
[00:27] | Well, so far, the people of San Francisco | 目前为止 |
[00:30] | can be very proud of themselves. | 旧金山的居民 |
[00:32] | No one is panicking. | 应当引以为豪 大家泰然处之 |
[00:33] | In fact, it seems everybody is rising to the occasion, | 应付自如 齐心合力 |
[00:37] | coming together, and taking this latest crisis in stride. | 共度难关 看到了? |
[00:41] | See? | 好多了 |
[00:42] | That’s better, right? | |
[00:44] | No! Please not incense. | 这气味比满地垃圾更恐怖 |
[00:46] | That smells worse than the garbage. | 更恐怖 |
[00:48] | Okay, fine, I’ll put it out. | 好啦 熄掉就是 |
[00:52] | Uh, Natalie. | 真是受不了 |
[00:53] | What am I gonna do? | 整座城市恶臭弥漫 |
[00:55] | The whole city reeks. | |
[00:57] | I’m starting to get used to it. | 我快习以为常了 |
[00:58] | You are? Really? | 你? 真的? |
[01:01] | Then, you’re gonna love hell. | 你也会喜欢地狱的 听着 |
[01:03] | All right, look, listen. | 我得出城去 |
[01:05] | I-I-I gotta get outta town. | 我们开车 |
[01:07] | Let’s just get in the car. | 找个逆风之处 Monk |
[01:08] | And go somewhere upwind, please. | 我不能这样一走了之 Julie怎么办 – |
[01:10] | Mr. Monk, I can’t just leave. I have Julie here. | 这周她得上课呢 – 带上她一起走 |
[01:12] | – It’s a school week. – We’ll take her with us. | 我可以教她 |
[01:14] | I’ll teach the girl. | 我来做她老师 |
[01:15] | I’ll tutor the girl. | 她还没学过分数 不是么? |
[01:17] | She’s not up to fractions, yet, is she? | 听 |
[01:18] | Listen. Listen. It’s a truck. | 卡车的声音 垃圾车来了? |
[01:21] | That sounds like a garbage truck, right? | Monk先生 不是垃圾车 |
[01:24] | Mr. Monk, it’s not a garbage truck. | 他们谈妥了 罢工结束了 |
[01:25] | They’ve settled the strike. It’s all over! | 打开电视 |
[01:27] | T-Turn on the news. | 哦 不是 |
[01:30] | Uh. False alarm. | 是辆公交车 |
[01:31] | It’s a… bus. | |
[01:33] | All we want– | 我们所求的 |
[01:35] | All we’ve ever wanted is a fair contract | 全部所求 不过是一纸公平合约 |
[01:38] | for ourselves and for our families. | 为自己 也为家人 |
[01:40] | This union is willing to stay out | 这个联盟的存在 |
[01:42] | for as long as it takes. | 是旷日持久的 两周 |
[01:44] | Two weeks! Two months! | 两月 我们绝不放弃 |
[01:47] | We will never back down! | 永不妥协 |
[01:49] | We will never surrender! | |
[01:52] | It’s all his fault. | 就是罪魁祸首 |
[01:53] | Jimmy Cusack. | |
[01:55] | Hate that guy. Wish he was dead. | 讨厌那个人 真想他下地狱 请谨言 |
[01:58] | Don’t say that. | 本来就是 真想他下地狱 |
[01:59] | I do. I wish he was dead. | 本来就是 真想他下地狱 若他真有不测 |
[02:01] | What if something happened to him? | – 你当追悔莫及 – 才不会 |
[02:02] | – You’d feel terrible. – No, I wouldn’t. | – 你当追悔莫及 – 才不会 – 你就是 – 才不是 |
[02:03] | – Yeah, you would. – No. I wouldn’t. | 你是 |
[02:05] | Yeah, you would. | |
[02:06] | is very much for real | |
[02:07] | and shows no signs of coming to an end. | 谈判仍僵持不下 |
[02:17] | Oh, Mr. Cusack, I didn’t see you. | Cusack先生 没致意到您在 Cusack先生? |
[02:21] | Mr. Cusack? | 天 |
[02:23] | Madre de dios! | |
[03:39] | Uh, you called for pick-up? | 您叫了快递? 是的 谢谢 |
[03:40] | Yeah! Thank you. | 东西在这 |
[03:42] | Right there. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:44] | Ah! | 喔 |
[03:46] | Watch the woodwork. | 小心家具 哦 |
[03:48] | Uh… There’s no address on these. | 快件没有地址 我知道 |
[03:51] | I know. | 随便送到哪里都行 |
[03:53] | Just send ’em anywhere. It doesn’t matter. | 随便送到哪里都行 |
[03:54] | Well, we can’t just send ’em anywhere, sir. | 先生 必须有收件地址 否则 我们不能无目标的乱送 |
[03:56] | We gotta have an address. | 你们没有仓库? |
[03:57] | Don’t you guys have a… depot… place? | 你们没有仓库? 把它们放在仓库一隅 |
[04:00] | So, you can just ’em in a corner? | 可以么? 放在角落? |
[04:01] | “Put ’em in a corner”? | 是的 |
[04:03] | O-Okay, okay. | 好啦 |
[04:06] | All right, uh– | 你的地址? |
[04:09] | What– Uh, what’s your address? | 先生 祝您愉快 |
[04:11] | – Have a nice day, sir. – All right, okay! | 好了啦 |
[04:13] | All right. Okay, hold on. | 好啦 等等 等等 |
[04:14] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[04:15] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[04:16] | Okay, just a second. | 稍等 |
[04:20] | All right. | 好了 就这个了 |
[04:21] | Okay, there it is. | 就这个了 这个 |
[04:22] | There’s–There’s– | 这个 |
[04:24] | There’s the address. | 给你地址 |
[04:26] | And that’s where you send it. | 送到这个地方 |
[04:28] | Right there. | 就这个 |
[04:32] | Thank you very– Watch the woodwork. | 多谢 小心 别碰到家具 |
[04:33] | Mm-mm. | 别碰到墙边 |
[04:34] | – Watch the trim. – Mm-mm. | |
[04:36] | All right. | 好 |
[04:41] | What were you doing? | 你刚才在做什么? 没什么 |
[04:42] | Uh, oh, nothing. Nothing… | 没什么 你的垃圾呢? |
[04:45] | Where’s your garbage? | 你把垃圾打包送到别人家了? |
[04:47] | Natalie Did you just mail your garbage to somebody? | |
[04:49] | These are desperate times, Natalie. | 事出有因 |
[04:51] | Desperate times. | 情非得以 实在受不了 |
[04:53] | What? | 什么? 心满意足了? |
[04:54] | Are you happy? | 不 |
[04:55] | No. | |
[05:03] | Got your wish. | 如你所愿 什么? |
[05:05] | Jimmy Cusack? Wha–? Wait. Whoa! | 不 你以为是我做的? |
[05:08] | Y-you think I did this? | 确有此意 |
[05:09] | Yeah. I think you did. With your karma! | 用你的意念 |
[05:12] | You said you wanted the guy dead. | 你曾说 你想让这人下地狱 不过是玩笑话 |
[05:13] | I was joking. It’s a figure of speech. | 比喻而已 Monk先生 下回再有什么念头 别轻易出口 |
[05:16] | Well, Mr. Monk, you need to be careful what you wish for. | 看 |
[05:17] | Look. | 他死了 联盟不得不终止谈判 |
[05:19] | Because of his death, the union has stopped all negotiations. | 他死了 联盟不得不终止谈判 没人愿站出来说话 |
[05:21] | Nobody’s talking. | 罢工还将持续数年 |
[05:22] | The strike’s gonna go on for years. | 看你做的好事 |
[05:24] | Good job. | 联盟 联盟 |
[05:30] | – Union! Union! | |
[05:32] | Union! Union! | 联盟 – |
[05:34] | – Union! Union! – I’ve known Jimmy Cusack– | 我很了解Jimmy |
[05:38] | I’ve known Jimmy Cusack my whole life. | Cusack 我与Jimmy |
[05:41] | His old man and my old man came up together. | Cusack相知多年 |
[05:43] | They rode the same truck. | 我们的父亲曾共事很久 他们共开一辆卡车 |
[05:46] | Now, Jimmy had a temper. | 虽然Jimmy有些脾气 |
[05:47] | And Jimmy had his problems. | 亦有难言之隐 但他并非自杀 |
[05:49] | But he was not suicidal. No way, no how! | 绝对不是 |
[05:52] | Damn straight! | 对 Nicholson市长 |
[05:55] | Now, Mayor Nicholson | 与他的一帮爪牙就在警局 |
[05:56] | and his lap dogs down at the police department… | 他们却说 |
[05:59] | They’re telling us the case is closed. | 此案已结 |
[06:05] | Here’s what we say. | Nickelson市长 去死 |
[06:06] | Mayor Nickelson, you can go to hell! | 这就是我们的心声 联盟 |
[06:10] | Union! | 你 大家好 |
[06:20] | Hello. | 大家好 本人是 |
[06:23] | My name– | 本人是Adrian |
[06:25] | Monk My name is Adrian Monk. | |
[06:27] | Uh… | 虽然从外表看来 |
[06:29] | I-I am not technically a sanitation worker. | 我并不是个清洁工 |
[06:34] | Although, I have always felt like one. | 但我一直很向往 |
[06:37] | In spirit… | 成为你们中的一员 而且 |
[06:40] | I recognize a lot of you. | 这的很多人 我都认识 |
[06:43] | Ronnie, Morris. | 抱歉 先生 |
[06:45] | Excuse me, sir? | 对您的大力支持 我们感激不尽 |
[06:46] | We appreciate your support. | 但这个集会 是不对外的 |
[06:48] | But this is a closed meeting. | 我不会耽搁太久 |
[06:49] | I-I won’t be long. | 我只想说 |
[06:51] | I just wanted to say– | 你们自有主张 |
[06:54] | You’ve made your point. | 非常好 |
[06:56] | Congratulations! We get it now. | 大家也都心知肚明 |
[07:00] | You can all go back to work. Union! | 大家可以回去工作了 等一下 |
[07:02] | Now, w-w-wait a minute. What about our contract? | 我们的合约怎么办? |
[07:05] | – Yeah? – Okay. | – 是啊? |
[07:07] | Okay, I know money is important. | – 哦 |
[07:09] | Damn right. | 钱的重要不言而喻 的确是 |
[07:12] | But, that’s not why you guys became garbage men, is it? | 但大家做清洁工 并非为钱而来 |
[07:17] | You’re doing God’s work out there. | 你们的工作神圣而伟大 为了城市的居民 |
[07:20] | You’re keeping the streets clean for the people. | 你们维护街道的整洁 不是么? |
[07:23] | Right? | 这是你们的工作 |
[07:24] | You do it– Say it with me– | 与我一起说 |
[07:26] | For the people. | 为了大家 |
[07:29] | Oh, and let me tell you something. | 告诉你们 |
[07:32] | The people are suffering. | 外面的人们正在饱受煎熬 |
[07:36] | The people– | 外面的人们 |
[07:40] | People are going a little nuts out there. | 都在手足无措 |
[07:45] | The people… can’t wash the stink off their hands. | 他们无法洗去手上的污渍 |
[07:52] | The people are having trouble sleeping. | 他们辗转难眠 |
[07:55] | People woke up this morning at 5:00. | 他们清晨五点就醒来 却难以入睡 |
[07:58] | Couldn’t get back to sleep because– | 全是因为 |
[08:01] | Smelled like a buffalo had died in the people’s closets! | 那恶臭 如同一头水牛烂在了壁橱里 |
[08:07] | Sir, excuse me. | 先生 |
[08:08] | Excuse me, sir? | 打扰 先生 |
[08:10] | Are you Adrian Monk, the detective? | 你是那位侦探 Adrian |
[08:13] | Y-Yeah, that’s right. | Monk? 是的 |
[08:15] | We’ve heard a lot about you, Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 久闻大名 |
[08:17] | You’re a great detective and from what we can tell, | 您是一位出色的侦探 就我们所知 您为人公平正直 |
[08:19] | you’re an honest man. | 你都是独立办案 是么? |
[08:20] | You’re on your own, right? You’re not working for the cops? | 你都是独立办案 是么? 不隶属警局? |
[08:23] | – I’m a private consultant. – Well, good. | 对 我是私人顾问 太好了 |
[08:25] | Then, you’ll be an objective voice. | 毫无疑问 您可以保持客观中立T 我们想雇您 |
[08:27] | We wanna hire you. | 雇我? |
[08:29] | Hire me? | 我们想请您调查Jimmy Cusack一案 |
[08:30] | We want you to look into what happened to Jimmy Cusack. | 我们想请您调查Jimmy Cusack一案 |
[08:32] | If you say it’s a suicide, that’ll be good enough for us. | 若您断定这是起自杀 对我们而言 |
[08:35] | We’ll go back to the bargaining table. | 不啻为件好事 我们会重新开始谈判 |
[08:39] | I’m pretty sure it was a suicide. | 我非常肯定 |
[08:42] | How can you tell? | 这就是自杀 何出此言? |
[08:44] | Don’t you have to, you know, look around? | 您不必勘察现场? |
[08:45] | Investigate? | 展开调查? |
[08:47] | Yeah… | 是的 |
[08:48] | That’s right. Uh. | 是的 |
[09:03] | Jimmy | Jimmy Cusack was sitting there. |
[09:05] | Yup. | Cusack就坐在这 |
[09:08] | Okay. | 是的 哦 |
[09:13] | But, there was… | 还有一人 |
[09:15] | somebody else… here. | 也这间屋子 |
[09:24] | And they– He had his feet up. | 还把脚伸到了桌子上 |
[09:28] | And he ate all the cashews. | 他把腰果都吃了 |
[09:31] | What does that mean? | 此话怎讲? |
[09:34] | He probably liked the cashews the best. | 他最喜欢吃腰果 |
[09:44] | – You okay? – Yeah, I just– | 你没事吧 我只是 |
[09:46] | I’m just–just hard to think. | 脑筋都快转不动啦 臭味在作怪 |
[09:49] | It’s the smell. | 就是这臭味 |
[09:51] | It’s the smell. | 案发时间 |
[09:55] | Okay. Give me the timeline. | 在我这 |
[09:58] | I’ve got it right here. Now, Cusack was last seen alive | Cusack最后一次在这与人见面 |
[10:02] | in here sitting at his desk at around 9:30. | 是9:30 |
[10:05] | Cleaning crew found him this morning at 7:00. | 清洁工早上7:00发现了他 |
[10:08] | Our coroner said the body had been cold about seven hours. | 验尸官说 这人已死了七个小时 |
[10:11] | So, midnight… | 案发是在午夜时分 |
[10:13] | Was he upset about something or–or depressed? | 他是否因某事而心烦意乱? |
[10:17] | Besides the whole city hating his guts, | 全城的人 |
[10:20] | as a matter of fact, he was. | 都对他怨声载道 |
[10:22] | Ron! | 这是Ron Nealy |
[10:23] | This is Ron Nealy. | 罢工联盟的总会计师 |
[10:24] | He’s the chief accountant with the union. | |
[10:26] | Adrian Monk. | 昨天我在核查帐簿 |
[10:28] | I was, uh, going through the books yesterday, | |
[10:30] | getting ready for the next round of talks, | 为新一轮的谈判做准备 |
[10:32] | and I found a few… irregularities. | 却发现一件出人意料的事 |
[10:34] | 300 grand from the pension fund went poof. | 30万养老金不翼而飞 – 确切的说 |
[10:37] | – 304.2, actually. – Yeah. | 是30.42万 – 是的 |
[10:39] | I called Jimmy about midnight | 半夜 我给Jimmy打电话 向他询问此事 |
[10:41] | and asked him about it. | 他怎么说? |
[10:43] | What–What did he say? | 他呻吟着说 |
[10:44] | He kind of groaned. | 怎么这么久? |
[10:45] | And then he said, “What took you so long?” Oh– | 哦 |
[10:50] | That– | 这 |
[10:51] | That sounds like suicide. | 听你所说 应该是自杀 |
[10:54] | But, you are the independent investigator | 你是独立调查员 |
[10:56] | and you have to decide for yourself. | 结论由你下 我的看法是 自杀 |
[11:01] | I’m gonna say suicide. | 那就是自杀 |
[11:02] | Suicide it is. | Nealy先生 |
[11:03] | Thank you, Mr. Nealy. | 谢谢 轻松搞定 |
[11:08] | That was easy. | 等等 |
[11:09] | W-W-W-W-Wait. | 不 |
[11:11] | N-N-No. You haven’t even looked around. | 你还没到处查看呢 |
[11:13] | – I did. I looked around. – N-N-N-No. | – 我有查看过 – |
[11:15] | You didn’t do the thing. You know. | 不 你没有像往常那样 你知道 |
[11:17] | With your hands. | 用你的手 |
[11:20] | With your hands… | 去感知 查看 |
[11:23] | Come on. | 快点 |
[11:26] | Come on. | 来 |
[11:52] | He was left-handed? | 他是左撇子? |
[11:57] | He’s holding the gun in his right hand. | 但他却用右手持枪 |
[11:59] | His left hand was bandaged. | 他左手缠着绷带 |
[12:02] | So, he–he probably… sprained his wrist | 如此说来 他可能扭伤了手腕 |
[12:07] | and couldn’t hold the gun in his left. | 不能左手持枪 |
[12:24] | What, what? | 什么? |
[12:25] | The bullet hole and the blood spatter. | 从弹孔与血溅落的情况看 |
[12:29] | He must have been sitting all the way back in this chair. | 他一直背靠座椅 |
[12:34] | How did he… raise his arm? | 他怎么能举起手臂呢? |
[12:37] | There’s no room. | 没有空间伸展 |
[12:50] | These are the bullets from the gun. | 枪里的子弹 |
[12:52] | – That’s strange. – What? | 奇怪 怎么? |
[12:54] | No fingerprints. | 没有指纹 |
[12:56] | They’ve been wiped clean. | 都被擦掉了 |
[12:59] | So, why would anyone who’s about to kill himself… | 一个意欲自杀的人 |
[13:06] | wipe the fingerprints off the bullets? | 为何要擦掉子弹上的指纹 |
[13:09] | Whoa, whoa, wait. | 喔 等等 |
[13:11] | What are you saying? It was murder? | 你的意思是? 这是谋杀? |
[13:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:20] | Captain, captain! | 队长 |
[13:22] | Captain! | 队长 |
[13:26] | Mr. Monk, who hired you? | Monk先生 谁请你来调查的? |
[13:28] | Well, the sanitation union asked me to look at the evidence. | 清洁工联盟请我来取证调查 |
[13:32] | And what do you think? Was the coroner right? | 你对此有何见解? 是否同意验尸官的意见? |
[13:33] | Well– | 哦 |
[13:37] | Uh– | |
[13:39] | Mr. Monk, was this suicide or murder? | Monk先生 自杀还是谋杀? |
[13:42] | No, no, no, no. There was no murder. | 不 不是谋杀 |
[13:45] | This is definitely suicide. | 肯定是自杀 |
[13:48] | Well, let’s try and get everybody | 请双方 |
[13:50] | back to the bargaining table | 重新开始谈判 |
[13:51] | and get all this garbage off the street. | 然后 把街上的垃圾全都清理掉 |
[13:54] | Okay, well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:55] | Thank you. | |
[14:07] | Of course there will be a formal inquest. | 虽然会有正式的审讯 (在陪审团面前所做的对某事的法庭调查 特别是对死因的调查) |
[14:09] | But, as of this moment, the police department | 但警方 |
[14:11] | is completely satisfied that union president Jimmy Cusack | 已完全确认 联盟主席immy Cusack |
[14:14] | died by his own hand. | 是饮弹自尽 |
[14:16] | Now that conclusion has just been verified by Adrian Monk, | 声明卓著的侦探 |
[14:19] | a distinguished independent investigator. | Adrian Monk 也核实了此结论 |
[14:21] | Captain! Captain! | 队长 |
[14:22] | So, you’re saying the case is closed? | 照您的说法 此案已结? |
[14:24] | It is. | 是的 |
[14:25] | As far as I’m concerned, the case is closed. | 据我所知 此案已结 |
[14:27] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[15:01] | What? | 怎么? 你自己心里清楚 |
[15:03] | You know what. | 你自己心里清楚 |
[15:04] | Mr. Monk, I’m so… | Monk 我真是对你 |
[15:07] | disappointed in you. | 大失所望 |
[15:09] | What took you so long? | 为何这么久才说出口? |
[15:10] | Mr. Monk, you lied back there. | Monk 刚才在那 关于那件谋杀案 |
[15:12] | About a murder case! | 你未将真相公诸于众 |
[15:13] | Okay. Okay, look. | 好 听着 |
[15:16] | I’m not 100% sure it was murder. | 我并不十分肯定 就是谋杀 |
[15:19] | It could have been suicide. | 也有自杀的可能 |
[15:20] | Detective Thurber agrees with me. | Thurber侦探也同意我的看法 |
[15:22] | Mr. Monk, I was with you. You showed me all the evidence– | Monk 我就在你旁边 你将证据一一指给我看 |
[15:24] | The–The blood on the chair, | 坐椅上的血迹 |
[15:26] | no fingerprints on the bullets– | 子弹上没有指纹 Natalie 很显然 你并不知道 |
[15:27] | Natalie, obviously, you don’t understand. | Natalie 很显然 你并不知道 |
[15:32] | Some things are bigger than the truth. | 有些事 远比真相更重要 |
[15:34] | Like what? | 比如? |
[15:35] | Like that mountain of garbage out… there! | 比如 外面堆积如山的垃圾 |
[15:39] | The truth is buried alive out there. | 真相就隐藏在那 |
[15:45] | Look at me. Seriously. | 看着我 说真的 |
[15:46] | I don’t think that I can work for a dishonest man. | 我无法与不诚实的人共事 |
[15:48] | It was for the greater good. | 全都是为了更大的利益 |
[15:50] | You’ve heard of that, right? | 你也有所耳闻 不是么? |
[15:52] | The greater good? Turn on the news! | 更大的利益 看看新闻 |
[15:54] | They resume negotiations. Everybody’s talking again. | 双方又坐到谈判桌前 |
[15:58] | I am the hero here. | 我是幕后推手 |
[16:01] | You are not a hero, Mr. Monk. | Monk 你不是 |
[16:03] | You are letting a killer go free | 你让凶手逍遥法外 |
[16:05] | so you can get your garbage picked up. | 把自己的垃圾寄给别人 |
[16:07] | Okay, Natalie. | |
[16:09] | Let me explain one more time. | 我再说一遍 |
[16:12] | About the greater good. | 都是为了更大的利益 |
[16:16] | You think I’m joking, Mr. Monk. | Monk 我不是在开玩笑 |
[16:18] | I’m not kidding, okay? | 听清楚了了 不是玩笑 |
[16:20] | Now, come on! | 快过来 |
[16:21] | Okay, now–now not a good time. | 现在不是时候 |
[16:23] | Okay, you know what? This is enough! I know you think that I’m kidding. | 我受够了 |
[16:25] | – I can’t just go in there– – I’m not gonna show up tomorrow. | – 你以为我是在开玩笑? – 我无法踏进这个门 |
[16:27] | – Can I help you? – This is it! | 明天我就辞职不来了 – 什么事? – 来 |
[16:31] | – All right. – Tell him. | – 好了 – 告诉他们 好了啦 |
[16:33] | Okay. All right. | 好了啦 |
[16:43] | What? | 怎么? |
[16:48] | It was a murder. | 这是件谋杀案 |
[16:50] | Louder! | 大声点 |
[16:51] | It was murder. | 这是件谋杀案 |
[16:53] | You’re not talking about the Jimmy Cusack case, are you? | 你是说Jimmy Cusack那件案子? |
[16:56] | Yeah, Mr. Monk here saw some stuff at the crime scene | Monk在犯罪现场发现了些蛛丝马迹 |
[16:59] | he’s failed to mention. | 但却没提出 |
[17:00] | He thinks it’s a homicide. | 他认为是谋杀 |
[17:02] | It was for the G.G. | 都是为了 G.G |
[17:04] | Th-The greater good! The G.G. | G.G 更大的利益 |
[17:07] | Captain, it was– | 队长 |
[17:08] | The stench out there. | 外面的臭味 |
[17:10] | The stench! | 臭味 让我无法正常思考 |
[17:11] | I-I can’t think straight. | 让我无法正常思考 |
[17:13] | A smell like that can kill! | 这臭味简直能致人死地 |
[17:16] | People die from smells every day. | 每天都有人丧命在毒气之下 |
[17:18] | That’s a fact. | 就是这样 |
[17:22] | That is a beautiful suit. | 西装不错哦 |
[17:24] | Monk! 20 minutes ago I went on the record defending your suicide theory. | 20分钟前 我向公众宣布 这是自杀案 |
[17:28] | I was on TV! My name was across the screen. | 我都上了电视 我的名字也出现在荧屏上 |
[17:31] | I’m gonna look like an idiot. | 我真像个傻瓜 |
[17:32] | Call–Call Larry Cutler at the mayor’s office. | 打电话给市长办公室的Larry Cutler |
[17:34] | Get him on the phone right now. | 快点接通他的电话 |
[17:35] | – Dial faster. – I’m dialing. | – 快 – 正在拨呢 |
[17:37] | Dial like the wind! | 快点 |
[17:38] | – Are you happy now? – Someone had to do it. | – 你满意了? – 必须有人为此负责 |
[17:40] | Larry | Larry, hey, it’s Randy Disher. |
[17:41] | Hey, Larry. | 我是Randy Disher |
[17:42] | Uh, yeah, I’m here with Adrian Monk. | 我正与Adrian Monk在警局 |
[17:44] | Listen, he’s having second thoughts about the Jimmy Cusack suicide. | 他重新考虑了 Jimmy Cusack一案 |
[17:47] | Ah, why do I have to be so good? | 为何我要尽善尽美 |
[17:50] | Why can’t I be like a regular detective like– | 为何我不能做个正式的警官 |
[17:58] | The deputy mayor wants to see you. | 副市长想见你 |
[18:02] | This is the main rotunda, the heart of City Hall. | 这就是圆形大厅的主体 市政厅的核心 |
[18:05] | The acoustics in this room are a little bit… quirky. | 在这间大厅 声音的传布十分奇妙 |
[18:08] | I need two volunteers. | 需要两个人演示一下 |
[18:11] | Okay, you two. | 就你们两个 |
[18:12] | Go over there. | 到那去 |
[18:14] | Keep going. | 直走 |
[18:17] | Okay, now whisper something to each other. | 好 你们两个低声交谈 |
[18:20] | Be very quiet. | 安静 |
[18:22] | This is so boring. | 无聊已极 |
[18:24] | Yeah, I know. | 我知 |
[18:25] | I hope they have a gift shop. | 要是能有家礼品店 就好了 |
[18:27] | It’s called the whisper spot. Isn’t that cool? | 那就是回音墙 是不是很有趣 |
[18:29] | All right, come with me. | 跟我来 |
[18:31] | Now, I wanna show you the mailroom. | 我带你们去收发室看看 |
[18:33] | They’re with me. | |
[18:35] | Ah, I still–smell it. | 我依然能闻到一股臭味 |
[18:37] | Well, it’s the same air. | 空气是流动的 |
[18:39] | Did you think City Hall was some kind of magical place | 市政厅又不是 |
[18:41] | like the land of Oz where nothing bad ever happens? | 一方乐土 到处都会安宁详和 |
[18:44] | Yes, yes. I did. | 我本以为会是这样的 |
[18:45] | I did too. | 我也是 |
[18:46] | – Larry. – Captain Stottlemeyer. | – Stottlemeyer队长 |
[18:48] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[18:49] | It’s the worst week of my life. Thanks for asking. | 这个星期 真是糟糕透顶 多谢关心 |
[18:51] | I’m 30 years old. I’m eating antacids like they’re M&M’s. | 我都30岁了 吃起抗酸剂来就像磕药 |
[18:53] | – Is this Monk? – Yes. Hello. | 你就是Monk? 是的 你好Hello |
[18:55] | I didn’t quite understand about the M and Ms. | 对您所说的M和Ms 我有些疑惑不解 |
[18:58] | It was a joke, Mr. Monk. | 开个玩笑 Monk先生 |
[18:59] | But, here’s a real joke. | 但有件事 却实在让人摸不着头脑了 |
[19:01] | 20 minutes ago, the union hears a rumor about you changing your mind. | 20分钟前 联盟的人听说 您推翻了先前的结论 |
[19:04] | Boom, it all hit the fan. | 这下可捅了马蜂窝 |
[19:05] | The negotiations are kaput. | 谈判终止 |
[19:07] | The union walked out. | 联盟的人集体退席 |
[19:08] | Nobody’s talking. It’s over! | 谈判再度陷入僵局 |
[19:11] | Mr. Mayor, I’m so sorry. | Mayor先生 |
[19:13] | There’s a man here says he’s a former detective. | 外面有个人 自称以前做过警察 |
[19:15] | He’s out there mumbling something about his wife and car bomb. | 他一直在外面喃喃自语 关于他妻子和汽车炸弹 |
[19:17] | Mr. Mayor, I’m sorry– to interrupt. | Mayor先生 很抱歉打扰您 |
[19:19] | I know you’re very busy. My name’s Adrian Monk. | 我知道您很忙 我叫Adrian Monk |
[19:22] | W-Wait. Detective Monk? | 等等 你就是侦探Monk? |
[19:24] | Come on in. Dennis, it’s fine. | 请进 Dennis 不要紧 |
[19:25] | Karen, it’s okay. Mr. Monk is on our team. | Karen 别担心 Monk先生是自己人 |
[19:28] | I hope. | 希望如此 |
[19:30] | So, Adrian Monk, we meet at last. | – Adrian Monk 我们终于见面了 – 是啊 |
[19:32] | – Yeah. – You know, my predecessor, | 你知道么 我的前任 |
[19:34] | Mayor Dunaway, said some really great things about you. | Dunaway市长 时常谈及你 真是不可思议 |
[19:36] | You have an amazing track record. | 你的破案记录令人啧啧称奇 |
[19:38] | – Well… – Go ahead. Please, sit down. | 请自便 请坐 |
[19:40] | I, uh– I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[19:43] | I’m–I’m–I’m fine, sir. | 我没事 市长阁下 |
[19:45] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[19:47] | You know, my garbage hasn’t been collected either. | 我这的垃圾也没来得及清理 |
[19:48] | We’re all in this together, Mr. Monk. | 我们都得面对这些垃圾 |
[19:50] | Mm-hmm. | |
[19:52] | Did, uh, you talk to the deputy mayor? | 你与副市长谈过了? |
[19:54] | Yes. Yes, yes, I did. | 是的 |
[19:55] | – He explained the situation. – Right. | 他也说明了当前情势 是的 |
[19:57] | Frankly, we’re stuck. | 实话实说 我们陷入了僵局 |
[19:59] | Nobody’s talking. Nobody trusts anybody. | 没人愿站出来说句话 人与人之间失去了最基本的信任 |
[20:01] | We gotta solve this Jimmy Cusack case ASAP. | 我们得尽快破获Jimmy Cusack一案 |
[20:04] | All right. What do you think? | 很好 你的看法是? |
[20:06] | Okay, uh, here’s the thing, Mr. Mayor. | 市长先生 还有一件事 |
[20:08] | Even if I do find the man who killed Jimmy Cusack, | 即使抓到杀害Jimmy Cusack的真凶 |
[20:11] | even if the strike ends tomorrow, | 即使罢工明天就结束 |
[20:14] | it’s not gonna solve the big problem. | 仍无法解决一个大难题 |
[20:17] | What problem is that? | 什么难题? |
[20:19] | Your Honor, we have got to, um– | 市长阁下 我们不得不 |
[20:22] | You’ve got to face facts. | 面对如下的事实 |
[20:23] | The city… is ruined forever. It’s a total loss. | 这城市已经被毁了 而且是永久性的 |
[20:27] | Even if we clean up all the garbage tomorrow, | 即使明天 我们清理掉所有的垃圾 |
[20:31] | we’ll never get the stink out. | 却无法根除遍布的恶臭 |
[20:33] | It’s like the dining room carpet | 就像 一只小猫 |
[20:35] | when the cat makes a–a B.M. on there. | 在餐厅的地毯上方便 |
[20:37] | I mean, what do you? You don’t have any choice really. | 你会怎么做? 你别无选择 |
[20:39] | You gotta replace the carpet! | 不得不换点这块地毯 |
[20:41] | You gotta– | 不得不 |
[20:42] | You gotta get rid of the cat. | 对这只小猫敬而远之 |
[20:43] | And you can never eat in that dining room again, can you? | 再不会踏进这家餐厅的大门 |
[20:47] | No, you can’t. | 的确如此 |
[20:48] | But, I do have a plan. | 但是 我有个计划 |
[20:51] | I have a plan. | 完美的计划 |
[20:52] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[20:54] | Yes… sir. | 是的 先生 |
[20:56] | It just came to me last night in a vision. | 昨夜 我忽发奇想 |
[20:59] | One, we evacuate the city. | 第一步 疏散人口 |
[21:01] | Every man, woman, and child. | 将城市的居民都疏散到别处 |
[21:03] | Evacuate– Two! | 第二步 |
[21:05] | We burn it down | 放火 |
[21:06] | We just burn it. | 一把大火 |
[21:08] | Scorched earth. | 将城市夷为平地 |
[21:10] | Huh. | 哦 |
[21:11] | Then, just to be safe, | 安全起见 |
[21:13] | we collect all the ashes. | 把灰烬也收集起来 |
[21:15] | And what do we do? | 然后怎么做? |
[21:16] | We burn the ashes– Three. | 把灰烬也烧掉 第三步 |
[21:18] | We bring everybody back and we start over. | 请回所有的居民 重建城市 |
[21:21] | Think of it. Just think of it. | 想想看 |
[21:23] | We rebuild San Francisco. | 旧金山 |
[21:26] | From scratch. | 在一片废墟上重获新生 |
[21:29] | Start fresh. Everything clean. | 每一处都一尘不染 |
[21:32] | Everything brand-new. | 每一处都涣然一新 |
[21:33] | Gonna have that new city smell. Fresh off the lot. | 城市的空气得以清新净化 |
[21:37] | We can even straighten out Lombard Street while we’re at it. | 甚至 我们在重建时 可以顺便清理Lombard Street |
[21:42] | – Maybe. – Yeah! Yeah! | – 也许 – 是啊 |
[21:44] | But, sir, if you don’t write it down, | 先生 若您不记下来 |
[21:45] | you’ll–you’ll forget it. | 很快就忘掉咯 先生 |
[21:50] | Oh, I don’t think I’m gonna forget this. | 一定不会忘的 |
[21:52] | – So– You’ll think about it. – Oh, yes! | – 请认真考虑一下 – 当然 |
[21:53] | Yes, absolutely. I promise. | 当然 我保证 |
[21:56] | Yeah, but, Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[21:58] | I’m gonna need you to promise me something. | 可否答应我一件事 |
[21:59] | Anything. | 任何事 |
[22:01] | I want you to promise that you’re gonna get some sleep | 请你答应我 在调查这起谋杀案前 |
[22:03] | before you start working on this murder case. | 可否保持充足的睡眠? |
[22:05] | Yeah. | 好 |
[22:10] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[22:16] | Scuff marks… | 擦痕 |
[22:18] | Oh, yeah, yeah! | 是啊 |
[22:20] | New shoes. Yeah, no big deal. | 新鞋子 小事一桩 |
[22:22] | You like cashews? | 你喜欢吃腰果? |
[22:24] | Oh, yeah, my wife says I like ’em too much. | 是的 我妻子常说 我对腰果的喜爱 真是超乎寻常 |
[22:26] | Here, help yourself. | 别客气 |
[22:27] | No, no, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[22:30] | I’m gonna go–back to Jimmy Cusack’s office | 我得去Jimmy Cusack的办公室 |
[22:33] | and have a look around. | 再查查看 |
[22:34] | Oh. Yeah. | 哦 好的 |
[22:35] | Ever been there? | 你去过么? |
[22:37] | Jimmy Cusack’s office? | Jimmy Cusack的办公室? |
[22:38] | No, never have. | 没 从没去过 |
[22:40] | Well, you let me know if you find something, now. | 若有任何线索 请告我知 |
[22:42] | – Keep me in the loop. – Funny– | – 别瞒着我 – 真有趣 |
[22:44] | I was talking to somebody. | 我与别人聊天得知 |
[22:45] | They said they thought they saw you there | 遇害人被害当晚 |
[22:47] | the night he died. | 有人看到你 在他办公室出现 |
[22:49] | Well, they’re mistaken. | 他们一定是看错了 |
[22:51] | What would I be doing in Jimmy Cusack’s office? | 我去Jimmy Cusack办公室做什么? |
[22:53] | He hated my guts. Everybody knew that. | 众所周知 他一直很恨我 |
[22:55] | Right. | 好 |
[22:57] | I’m afraid I’m gonna have to make some calls right now. | 现在 我得打几个电话了 |
[23:00] | So, good luck to you, Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 祝你好运 好 |
[23:02] | Yeah. | 有任何需要 请通知我 |
[23:03] | Anything you need, be sure and let me know, okay? | 有任何需要 |
[23:06] | Right. | 请通知我 好 |
[23:18] | There he is! | 他来了 你去哪了? |
[23:19] | What took you so long? | 你去哪了? 我在楼上 与市长谈了一会 |
[23:20] | I… was upstairs talking to the mayor. | 我在楼上 与市长谈了一会 你去他办公室了? |
[23:23] | You were in his office? | 我想 |
[23:25] | I just broke the Cusack case wide open. | Cusack一案 有了突破性进展 |
[23:27] | – You have a suspect. – Oh, yeah. | – 找到嫌犯了 |
[23:28] | I have a suspect. | – 是的 发现了一个嫌疑犯 |
[23:30] | – Well, who is it? – Okay– | – 谁? – 哦 |
[23:31] | But, you can’t tell anybody. This is big. | 这可是猛料 千万不能告诉其他人 |
[23:34] | This is going to rip the city apart. | 会让整座城市人心涣散 |
[23:36] | Shh-shh-shh. | 嘘 |
[23:38] | Reporters. | 那边有记者 |
[23:40] | Over here. | 到这来 |
[23:44] | Okay– | 好了 |
[23:45] | Hang on, hang on. | 等等 |
[23:47] | Just a little bit further. Just to make sure. | 以防万一 再远点 |
[23:54] | What is it? | 怎么回事? |
[23:56] | Okay, but you have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone | 我得确信 |
[23:59] | until I am 100% sure! | 你们答应我 不能告诉任何人 |
[24:01] | – Absolutely. – What– | 当然 |
[24:02] | ‘Cause if I am right, this is gonna be the biggest | 若不出我所料 这会是本年度 |
[24:05] | story of the year! | 最骇人听闻的头条 |
[24:07] | The mayor was in Jimmy Cusack’s office | 案发当晚 |
[24:10] | the night he was killed. | 市长就在Jimmy |
[24:15] | Are you saying the mayor is– | Cusack办公室 你是说市长 |
[24:18] | Mayor Nickelson’s the guy? | Nickelson市长? |
[24:20] | I am saying he was involved. | 我认为他涉嫌其中 |
[24:22] | He is definitely hiding something. | 他肯定有所隐瞒 |
[24:24] | Wow. I mean, wow. | – 喔 – 我是说 |
[24:26] | What do we do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[24:27] | I don’t know. But, Monk is right. | 不知道 但Monk说的对 |
[24:29] | We have to be very careful. | 我们必须小心行事 |
[24:30] | Nobody says a word. Not a– | 不能走漏风声 |
[24:32] | Oh, hell. | 噢 |
[24:34] | Captain, captain! | 我们受够了 |
[24:41] | Enough is enough! | 受够了 Nickelson市长 |
[24:43] | Enough | Enough is enough! |
[24:44] | is enough! Mayor Nickelson! | |
[24:46] | You cannot hide in there forever. | 别再躲躲藏藏 |
[24:50] | We know what you did! You have blood on your hands! | 你的罪行 我们一清二楚 你的双手沾满了血腥 |
[24:53] | What do we want? | 我们所要的 |
[24:54] | Justice for Jimmy! | 请还Jimmy公道 |
[24:56] | What do we want? | 请还Jimmy公道 我们所要的 |
[24:57] | Justice for Jimmy! | 我们所要的 还Jimmy一个公道 |
[24:58] | What do we want? | 还Jimmy一个公道 我们所要的 |
[24:59] | Justice for Jimmy! | 我们所要的 还Jimmy公道 |
[25:00] | Enough is enough! | 还Jimmy公道 受够了 |
[25:01] | Enough is enough! | 受够了 |
[25:09] | Ah, I’ve done it again. | 我故态复萌 |
[25:11] | Made the situation worse. | 火上浇油 |
[25:18] | The union wants the mayor indicted for murder. | 联盟的人要市长自首 |
[25:21] | The mayor’s denying everything. | 市长却矢口否认 |
[25:24] | And I haven’t slept in nine days. | 九天来 我一直失眠 |
[25:36] | It keeps piling up. | 垃圾堆个不停 |
[25:40] | I always hated garbage. | 我讨厌垃圾 |
[25:43] | Even when I was a kid. | 小时候 |
[25:46] | We lived 2.2 miles from the city dump. | 我家离垃圾场有2.2里 |
[25:51] | I used to lie in bed. Smelling it. | 躺在床上 就能闻到垃圾散发的臭气 |
[25:54] | Had nightmares all the time. | 时常做些 |
[25:57] | About trash bags. | 关于垃圾袋的噩梦 |
[26:00] | Piling up outside. Higher and higher… | 外面的垃圾越堆越高 |
[26:07] | Until we couldn’t leave the house. | 直到无法出门 |
[26:11] | We were buried alive. | 被埋在垃圾堆里 |
[26:20] | And now, it’s coming true. | 没想到 眼下 梦境居然变成了现实 |
[26:28] | Dr. Kroger? | Kroger医生? |
[26:34] | Adrian, have you been sending me your trash? | Adrian 你是否把你的垃圾寄给了我? |
[26:54] | No-o. | 没有 |
[26:58] | See… | 知道么 |
[27:00] | I’ve been getting boxes of trash | 我收到了多箱 |
[27:05] | sent to me in the mail. | 打包好的垃圾 |
[27:09] | – Really? – Yeah, really. | 真的? 是的 |
[27:12] | Now, Adrian, don’t deny it. | Adrian 别说不是你做的 |
[27:15] | It’s all sorted according to color and food groups. | 那些垃圾 按颜色和食物种类分好 |
[27:21] | It’s your handwriting on the label. | 标签上 是你的笔迹 |
[27:24] | It’s upsetting my wife. | 我的妻子 孩子 |
[27:26] | It’s upsetting my children. | 为此寝食难安 |
[27:28] | And I want it to stop. | 我得阻止这件事 |
[27:37] | Adrian, do you hear me? I want it to stop! | Adrian 听到没有? 我得阻止这件事 |
[27:41] | I want it to stop too. | 我也想到此为止 |
[27:46] | Uh! | 喔 |
[27:48] | Oh! | |
[27:50] | Mr. Monk, maybe we missed him. | Monk 也许我们错过了 |
[27:52] | No, he always uses this door to avoid the press. | 不 他都从这走 避开众媒体 |
[27:54] | He’ll be out soon. | 他很快就出来了 |
[27:56] | He has to go home sometime. | 他得回家 |
[27:58] | Yeah, so do I. | 我也得回家 |
[27:59] | Uh, it looks like rain! | 下雨了 |
[28:01] | That’ll help, right? It’ll wash away the stench. | 很好 不是么? 可以冲掉臭味 |
[28:03] | Yeah… | 是啊 |
[28:05] | Contaminate the city’s water supply. | 却污染了城市的水源 |
[28:07] | Probably kill half a million people. | 数以万计的人们要受害 |
[28:09] | Yeah, that’s the spirit. | 也许是 |
[28:11] | Oh, Your Honor! | 长官 |
[28:12] | Mr. Mayor! | 市长先生 就是那人 接他出来 |
[28:13] | That’s the guy. Get him outta here! | 就是那人 接他出来 |
[28:15] | Sir, this will only take a minute. | 先生 只占用您几分钟 |
[28:16] | You know, let him through. | 让他过来 |
[28:17] | Let him through. I wanna talk to this guy. | 让他过来 我正想和这人聊聊 |
[28:20] | Mr. Monk, do you have idea what you’ve done to me? | Monk先生 你可知道 你的言行 对我造成了多大的伤害? |
[28:24] | I’ve been accused of a lot of things. | 我经常官司缠身 |
[28:26] | Matter of fact, I’ve been accused of just about everything. | 事实上 我因各种原因被指控过 |
[28:29] | But, this? | 但是 这回 |
[28:31] | We asked you to look into a man’s death. | 我们请您来 是调查谋杀案的 |
[28:33] | We never expected you to accuse the mayor of homicide! | 不是让您来 指控市长是杀人犯的 请你体谅 |
[28:36] | No, no, you have to understand. He’s having a really tough week. | 他这周过得很糟 比这个还糟? |
[28:38] | Tougher than this? | 重点是 |
[28:40] | Here’s the thing. | 离正式起诉 |
[28:41] | It might be months before there’s an indictment. | 还有数月之久 |
[28:43] | Then, there’s the trial, which could take forever. | 然后就是无休止的庭训 |
[28:46] | The union won’t go back to work until there is a verdict. | 没有最后的裁决 联盟的人不会开工 我该怎么办? |
[28:48] | What do you want me to do? | 如果您方便的话 |
[28:50] | Well, if it isn’t too inconvenient… | |
[28:53] | I was thinking, maybe, you could– confess | 不如先招供 暂时辞去市长一职 |
[28:56] | and then resign temporarily… | 够了 |
[28:58] | Okay… sir! | 先生 那晚 |
[28:59] | Sir, you were in Jimmy Cusack’s office that night. | 您就是在Jimmy Cusack的办公室? |
[29:02] | W-Why are you lying about that? | 为何要撒谎呢? 先生 别理他 |
[29:04] | Sir, don’t answer that. | 星期一晚上八点 市长就和他妻子在一起 |
[29:05] | The mayor was at home Monday night with his wife | 星期一晚上八点 市长就和他妻子在一起 一整晚都是 |
[29:08] | all night from 8:00 on. | 若你还有其他疑问 |
[29:09] | You have any other questions, | 大可向检查官反映 |
[29:11] | submit them to the district attorney’s office. | 先生 我们走 |
[29:13] | Okay, let’s go, sir. | 你找到我的伞了 在哪找到的? Minton Street上的一家药店 |
[29:14] | I see you found my umbrella. Where was it? | 你找到我的伞了 在哪找到的? Minton Street上的一家药店 |
[29:16] | It was in a drugstore downtown on Minton Street. | 别人还回来的 |
[29:18] | Somebody turned it in. | 药店? 我可从没去过哪家药店 |
[29:19] | A drugstore? I was never in any drugstore. | 拿着 |
[29:21] | Here, take this. | |
[29:27] | Natalie. | |
[29:29] | Natalie. | 星期一晚上下雨了么 |
[29:31] | Was it raining Monday night? | Monk先生 我想是的 |
[29:33] | I think so, Mr. Monk. Why? | 怎么? 你是说那把格子雨伞? |
[29:37] | Oh, you mean the plaid umbrella? | 星期二早晨 我发现的 |
[29:39] | Yeah, I found it, uh, Tuesday morning. | 当时 我正在打下班钟卡 伞就放在那 |
[29:41] | I was punching out. It was right over here. | 上写”市政厅所有” |
[29:43] | It said “Property of City Hall,” so… I dropped it off. | 所以我就还回去了 有奖励么? |
[29:47] | Is there a reward? | 口头奖励 你做的很好 |
[29:49] | Yeah. You did the right thing. That’s your reward. | Jimmy Cusack午夜遇害 |
[29:51] | Jimmy Cusack was killed right around midnight, | 就在这条街 |
[29:53] | just up the street. | 你有多少这样的湿巾? |
[29:55] | Do you have any more of these Odor Eaters? | 你要多少? |
[29:58] | How many do you need? | 要很多 |
[30:00] | Oh, about… | |
[30:01] | a trillion. | |
[30:03] | All right, Mr. Decker, back to the umbrella. | |
[30:05] | Did you notice who left it? | |
[30:07] | No. | 你有否保存 |
[30:08] | Do you happen to have the sales receipts from that night? | 那晚的收银条? 应该有 |
[30:11] | Maybe. | 可有奖励? |
[30:13] | Is there a reward? | 这是凌晨一点开出的收据 |
[30:18] | Here’s one from 1:00 a.m., sir. | 能否告诉我这是怎么回事? |
[30:20] | You wanna tell me what this is all about? | 不可以 |
[30:22] | No. | 不说就算了 |
[30:23] | Okay. Fair enough. | 在这 |
[30:27] | Here it is. | 这张 |
[30:29] | 12:24 Here it is. | |
[30:31] | 12:24 a.m. He paid cash. | 现金 瓶装水 |
[30:34] | Bottled water. | 一盒比利时烟 |
[30:36] | A pack of Belgium Gold cigarettes. | 还有 |
[30:38] | And… | 一卷绷带 |
[30:41] | – A wrist bandage. – Of course! | 是的 整件事的经过就是这样 |
[30:44] | Here’s what happened.. | 市长偷偷溜进Jimmy |
[30:46] | The mayor snuck into Jimmy Cusack’s office | Cusack的办公室 一枪爆头 |
[30:49] | shot him in the head. | 然后 制造自杀的假象 |
[30:50] | He made it look like a suicide. | 但这时 |
[30:52] | Then, he realized that he had just made | 他意识到 他犯了一个严重的错误 |
[30:55] | Jimmy the biggest mistake of his life. | |
[30:57] | Because Jimmy Cusack was left-handed. | Cusack是左撇子 |
[31:00] | Nobody would ever believe he would shoot himself with this right hand. | 谁能相信 他能右手持枪? |
[31:04] | But, Jimmy Cusack was already dead. | 可是 既然Jimmy Cusack已死 |
[31:05] | What could the mayor do? | 市长必须设法补救 所以 他把绷带缠在另一只手腕上 |
[31:07] | Put a bandage on the other wrist. | 正是 |
[31:09] | Exactly! | |
[31:12] | He walked two blocks, came in here, bought the wrist bandage, | 他走了两个街区 到这来买绷带 再返回Jimmy |
[31:16] | then he went back to Jimmy Cusack’s office | Cusack的办公室 制造假象 使人误以为 |
[31:19] | Jimmy and made it look like Jimmy Cusack | |
[31:21] | had a sprained left hand. | Cusack扭伤了左手 |
[31:24] | And it would have worked too, except… | 这一招本可以奏效 |
[31:26] | He forgot his umbrella. | 瞒过别人 但他却忘了把雨伞带走 |
[31:28] | Well, it should be easy enough to prove. | 这很容易证明 |
[31:30] | He’s the mayor, for God’s sake. | 他可是市长 |
[31:32] | Who rang this up? | 谁收的钱? 我看看 |
[31:34] | Let’s see. | 应该是 |
[31:35] | It says, uh… Cashier number one. | 一号收银员 |
[31:40] | Oh, that would be me. | 就是在下 你还记得 |
[31:41] | Well, do you remember who you sold that to? | 是谁付帐的么? 应该记得 |
[31:44] | Maybe I do. | – 这可没奖励哦 – 不知道 |
[31:45] | – There’s no reward. – I have no idea. | 这一直都人来人往 |
[31:46] | There’s so many people that come here. | 各色人物往来其间 谁都有可能 |
[31:47] | It could have been anybody. We get all kinds in here. | 是不是他? |
[31:49] | Okay. Was it him? The mayor? | 市长? |
[31:54] | What would the mayor be doing in my store | 三更半夜的 市长怎会到我这小店来? |
[31:56] | at 12:30 in the morning? | 买绷带呀 |
[31:58] | Buying a wrist bandage! | 不是他 |
[32:00] | No. I-It wasn’t him. | 就是他 |
[32:02] | It was him. | 不是他 |
[32:04] | It wasn’t him. It was him! | 就是他 |
[32:09] | No, it wasn’t him. | 不是他 就是他 |
[32:10] | It was him. | 就是他 |
[32:11] | Look, I’m not an idiot. I think I would notice | 别当我是傻子 |
[32:13] | if the mayor of San Francisco was in my store | 凌晨12:30 |
[32:16] | at 12:30 in the morning! | 旧金山市长到我这小店 |
[32:18] | It wasn’t… him. | 我怎能不知? 肯定不是他 |
[32:26] | So, you were wrong? | 你搞错了? |
[32:28] | ‘Cause usually when you say, “Here’s what happened”… | 每当你说 “事情是这样的” |
[32:32] | it’s pretty much what happened. | 总会如你所料 |
[32:34] | Yeah, but it’s the stench. It’s everywhere. | 弥漫的恶臭 |
[32:36] | I-I-I can’t possibly– | 我不能 |
[32:37] | It wasn’t the mayor, Monk! | Monk 市长不是凶手 |
[32:40] | Aw, hell. Hell. | 噢 我又得当着众媒体的 |
[32:42] | I’m gonna have to go out to the press and retract everything! | 再次推翻先前的结论 |
[32:46] | So? What’s the big deal? | 这有什么大不了的? |
[32:49] | Oh, like he’s never been wrong before? | 难道他从未失手过? |
[32:52] | No. | 是的 |
[32:54] | No, he hasn’t. | 从未 |
[33:16] | Thank God you’re here. | 谢天谢地 你们终于来了 他好象抓狂了 |
[33:18] | He’s having some sort of breakdown. | 对我不理不睬 |
[33:19] | – He won’t even talk to me. – What the hell’s he doing? | 对我不理不睬 他在做什么? |
[33:21] | He’s cleaning up San Francisco single-handedly. | 他想凭一己之力 清扫整个旧金山 |
[33:24] | Hey, captain! Lieutenant! | 队长 副队 |
[33:26] | Where did he get the truck? | 他从哪搞到的卡车? |
[33:27] | He told the dispatcher it was a police emergency. | 他告诉调查员 有紧急情况 |
[33:29] | He’s like a vigilante. | 他好象个义务警员哦 |
[33:31] | A garbage vigilante. | 义务清洁工 |
[33:33] | You could say that, but don’t. | 省省吧你 |
[33:35] | Hey, Monk! | |
[33:38] | How ya doing? | 进展如何? 越远越好 |
[33:39] | So far so fabulous! | 越远越好 |
[33:41] | I’ve done seven… eight… nine houses. | 我已经清理完八九户门前的垃圾 |
[33:44] | Well, good for you. | 很好 |
[33:45] | – That looks great. – Yeah. | – 做的不错 – 是啊 |
[33:47] | You intend to clean up the entire city up by yourself? | 你想一个人 把整座城市清理干净? |
[33:49] | Well… | 哦 Stan 确有此意 |
[33:50] | that’s the plan, Stan. | Stan 确有此意 |
[33:52] | Street by street. | 按街清理 |
[33:53] | One bag at a time. | 每次一袋 |
[33:55] | One… bag… at a time. | 每次一袋 |
[33:57] | One bag at a time. | 每次一袋 |
[33:59] | Where you gonna put the garbage? | 你把垃圾送到什么地方 ? |
[34:01] | I got it all figured. | 我都想好了 |
[34:02] | When this truck’s full, gonna drive it into the bay. | 卡车装满了 就开到海湾 |
[34:06] | Then come back, get another truck. | 回来 换辆车装 |
[34:08] | Keep driving ’em into the bay. | 循环往复 |
[34:10] | One bag at a time. One truck at a time. | 每次一袋 每次一车 |
[34:13] | One bag at a time. | 每次一袋 |
[34:14] | One truck at time. | 每次一车 |
[34:16] | Well, so long as you got a plan. | 看来你已胸有成竹 |
[34:17] | Yeah! | 是啊 |
[34:19] | Monk Jimmy But, Mr. Monk, the case, remember? Jimmy Cusack. | |
[34:24] | I forgot to tell you. | Cusack的案子怎么办 差点忘记告诉你 |
[34:26] | I solved that case about an hour ago. | 一小时前 我就破案了 |
[34:29] | W-Wait. You solved the case? | 你说什么 你已经破案了? |
[34:31] | Take a look, take a look, take a little look. | 看看 |
[34:33] | This was stapled to a telephone pole | 他的照片就贴在电话亭上 |
[34:36] | that was right in front of us the whole time. | 一直在我们眼皮底下呢 |
[34:39] | He’s the guy! | 就是他 |
[34:41] | – Who’s the guy? – Alice Cooper? | 谁? Alice Cooper? |
[34:43] | Are you telling us that Alice Cooper, the rock star, | 你是说 摇滚明星Alice Cooper |
[34:45] | killed Jimmy Cusack? | 是杀害Jimmy Cusack的凶手? |
[34:47] | First off, | 首先 |
[34:49] | I don’t think Alice Cooper is his real name. | 我认为 Alice Cooper是假名 |
[34:52] | Take a closer look. | 请仔细看 |
[34:54] | He is sitting in an antique wingback chair. | 他坐在一张带侧边的 古董椅上 |
[34:56] | The same kind of chair Jimmy Cusack was sitting in | Jimmy Cusack遇害时 坐的椅子 |
[34:59] | when he was killed. | 与这张一模一样 |
[35:01] | Check this out. | 看这 |
[35:03] | – What? – Check out the date. | 看看日期 |
[35:05] | April 5th. Monday night. | 四月五日 星期一晚 |
[35:07] | Same night as the murder. Coincidence? | 正是遇害当晚 难道是巧合? |
[35:12] | Yeah, coincidence. | 的确是巧合 |
[35:13] | Ahhhh! No. | 不 |
[35:15] | No, we were– We were looking at this case all wrong. | 不 我们都错了 这件案子 |
[35:20] | ‘Cause it never was about Cusack. | 与Cusack毫无关系 |
[35:21] | It was never about the garbage strike. | 更加扯不上什么罢工 |
[35:23] | And it was never about the Sanitation Union. | 也与公共卫生协会无关 |
[35:26] | It was about the chair. | 一把椅子引发的血案 一把古董椅 |
[35:27] | The antique chair. | 一把古董椅 |
[35:29] | The antique wingback Cusack chair! | Cusack所有的一把带侧边的古董椅 |
[35:33] | Here’s what happened… | 事情的经过是这样的 |
[35:34] | It is no secret that rock and roll stars collect antiques. | 摇滚明星钟情古董 尽人皆知 |
[35:38] | Especially antique chairs. | 他们对古董椅情有独钟 |
[35:40] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你又在信口开河 |
[35:42] | Alice Cooper must have read | Alice Cooper一定知道 |
[35:44] | about Jimmy Cusack’s handcrafted wingback chair. | Jimmy Cusack有把古董椅 |
[35:47] | He was consumed with envy! | 他妒火中烧 |
[35:49] | He was consumed with resentment! | 勃然大怒 |
[35:52] | Alice had to possess | Alice必然不择手段地 |
[35:55] | the fairest antique wingback chair in all the land. | 将古董椅 据为己有 哦 |
[36:02] | Should I be writing this down? | 我是不是得一字一句 全都记下来 不必 |
[36:04] | Nope. | 就是这样 |
[36:06] | It’s true. | 就是这样 Alice Cooper是个嬉皮士 |
[36:07] | Alice Cooper is a hippie. | Alice Cooper是个嬉皮士 但却是个心术不正的嬉皮士 |
[36:08] | But he’s the bad kind of hippie. | 但却是个心术不正的嬉皮士 |
[36:10] | He’s the kind of hippie that breaks into people’s offices | 是个破门而入的嬉皮士 |
[36:13] | and beats them up | 把别人痛扁一顿 |
[36:15] | and shoots them in the head. Why? | 一枪爆头 为什么? |
[36:16] | To steal their antique chairs. | 他就是想偷那把古董椅 |
[36:20] | – Why didn’t he take the chair? – Hello! | 他为何不带走椅子呢? 拜托 |
[36:22] | It had a bullet hole in it. | 上面有个弹孔 |
[36:23] | It had blood on it. He didn’t want it anymore. | 又沾了血 他还想要? |
[36:26] | – He could have washed it. – Randy. | – 他可以把血迹洗掉呀 |
[36:28] | I don’t think we need to stand here and pick apart | 什么Alice Cooper想偷古董椅 |
[36:30] | the-Alice-Cooper-wants an-antique-chair theory. | 别在这个蹩脚的结论上纠缠不休 |
[36:32] | If you will excuse me, | 失陪 |
[36:34] | I have a city to clean. | 我得继续清理工作了 每次一袋 |
[36:35] | One bag at a time! | 每次一袋 |
[36:37] | One bag at a time. | 每次一袋 |
[36:39] | One bag at a time. | 每次一袋 |
[36:41] | One bag at a time. | 每次一袋 |
[36:43] | Oh, oh! I got it! | 哦 推上去 |
[36:45] | I got it. Hold on. | 停下 |
[36:47] | It’s all up to me! I got it! | 怎么都掉下来了 |
[36:48] | It’s all up… to me! | 掉下来了 |
[36:50] | It’s all up to me! Oh, God! | 压到我身上了 |
[36:52] | One bag at a time! | 每次一袋 看来得通知Kroger医生了 |
[36:53] | It might be time to call Dr. Kroger. | 看来得通知Kroger医生了 哦 |
[36:57] | – I got an idea. – Stinkin’ trash! | 我有主意了 |
[36:59] | Hey, help me get him to the car. | 把他抬到车上去 哦 |
[37:08] | You can sit over there. Don’t touch anything. | 你们就坐这 别碰任何东西 |
[37:10] | Thanks, Barry. Thank the old man too. | 谢谢 Barry |
[37:19] | Ah… | 也谢谢你父亲 哦 |
[37:22] | Feeling better? | 感觉好些了没有? 我们这是在哪? |
[37:25] | Where are we? | 这是装配室 |
[37:26] | It’s called a fabrication room. | 他们在这间屋子 |
[37:28] | This is where they assemble their new circuit boards. | 装配新的电路板 我认识那个保安 |
[37:32] | I know the guy in charge of their security. | 他欠我个人情 |
[37:33] | He owed me a favor. | 我闻不到任何的气味 |
[37:37] | I can’t smell anything. | 是的 |
[37:41] | That’s right. | 他们的氧源自成一体 |
[37:42] | They have their own oxygen supply. | 他们的氧源自成一体 |
[37:45] | It is 100% germ free. | 完全无菌 |
[37:50] | Germ… free? | 无菌? |
[37:55] | Adrian Monk | Adrian Monk, you are sitting in the cleanest room in the world. |
[38:02] | It’s quiet too. | 你正坐在 世上最清洁的房间里 |
[38:05] | Yeah. | 这里也非常安静 是啊 |
[38:10] | Well. We haven’t got all day. | 我们不能整天待在这 |
[38:12] | They’re kicking us out at 2:00. | 2:00 他们就来赶人了 |
[38:14] | So, why don’t we just kick back and enjoy ourselves. | 不如趁这个机会 好好享受安静的乐趣 |
[38:25] | I can feel my head. | 我的头脑 |
[38:29] | Clearing up. | 清醒了许多 |
[38:32] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[38:39] | It wasn’t Alice Cooper. | Alice Cooper不是凶手 |
[38:41] | I know. | 我当然知道 |
[38:43] | Leland. I got it. | 我知道了 |
[38:47] | I just… got it. | 知道了 |
[38:51] | Remember that receipt from the drugstore? | 还记得那张药店的收据么 |
[38:54] | The guy that bought that wrist bandage | 那个人买了一包绷带 |
[38:56] | also bought some cigarettes. | 还买了一包烟 |
[38:59] | That’s right. Belgium Gold. | 是的 |
[39:02] | The union accountant, Ron Nealy, | 比利时烟 联盟的会计师 |
[39:04] | Ron Nealy was smoking imported cigarettes. | |
[39:06] | The box said Belgium Gold! | 就是抽的进口烟 而且就是这个牌子的 |
[39:08] | The accountant. | 会计 |
[39:09] | Well, that makes sense. He ran the pension fund. | 这就能说通了 他私吞了养老金 |
[39:12] | He could have been skimming money for years. | 他挪用公款 一定已有数年 |
[39:14] | And he was about to get caught. | 他就要被绳之于法 他知道 谈判期间 |
[39:17] | He knew they’d be going over the books | 别人一定会核查帐簿 |
[39:18] | as part of the negotiation. | 就是这样 |
[39:20] | Here’s what happened… | 我的意思是 |
[39:22] | I mean– | 这才是真相 |
[39:23] | Here’s what really happened… | |
[39:26] | Nealy killed Cusack and made it look like a suicide. | Nealy杀了Cusack 并知道自杀的假象 |
[39:30] | But he screwed up. | 但是 百密一疏 |
[39:32] | Then he had to run out and buy a wrist bandage. | 他不得不跑出去买卷绷带 进行补救 |
[39:35] | That makes sense. | 这才是事实真相 |
[39:38] | But wait. | 可是 |
[39:40] | He grabbed the mayor’s umbrella. | 他怎么会有市长的雨伞 |
[39:41] | – Yes, he did. – How did he get it? | 是的 怎么会在他手上? |
[39:43] | The mayor left it there. | 市长落在那的 市长有也去了Cusack的办公室 |
[39:46] | The mayor was in Cusack’s office earlier that night. | 不过 是在稍早些时候 |
[39:49] | They were meeting secretly trying to settle the strike. | 他们密谈 商讨解决如何息事宁人 |
[39:52] | Officially, the two sides were not supposed to be talking. | 但是 双方不允许私下碰面 |
[39:56] | That’s why the mayor could never admit he was there. | 所以市长才会矢口否认 去过那里 |
[39:59] | It would have been political suicide. | 这是一起政治谋杀 |
[40:04] | Monk. | |
[40:07] | I have been burned twice this week already. | 短短一周 我被玩弄了两次 你这次真的确定了? |
[40:10] | Are you sure about this? | 非常确定? |
[40:11] | I mean, are you absolutely sure? | |
[40:18] | That’s good enough for me. | 很好 |
[40:32] | The captain looks so happy. | 队长眉开眼笑的 |
[40:33] | Everybody’s happy. It’s a great day. | 每个人都兴高采烈的 今天是个大好日子 |
[40:36] | Listen. | 听 来啦 清洁工人来了 |
[40:37] | Here! Here they come! | 来啦 清洁工人来了 |
[40:39] | This is it! | 是他们 他们来了 准备 |
[40:40] | Here it comes. Get ready. | 他们来了 准备 |
[40:41] | Gentlemen! | 你们好 |
[40:43] | Hey, boys! | 小伙子们 |
[40:44] | Welcome back! | 欢迎开工 |
[40:46] | You’re a sight for sore eyes! | 久旱逢甘雨 |
[40:52] | It’s a great day! | 真是大好日子 |
[40:54] | You’re a sight for sore eyes, gentlemen! | 等得花儿都谢了 |
[40:56] | Whoo! | 喔 好想你们哦 |
[40:58] | We missed you! | 好想你们哦 Monk 你是我们公认的英雄 |
[40:59] | Ho-ho, Mr. Monk, our hero. | Monk 你是我们公认的英雄 |
[41:01] | Oh, no, you’re the hero! | 不 你们才是 你才是 |
[41:02] | No, you’re the hero. | 你才是 我们都很了不起 |
[41:03] | No, you’re the her– We’re all heroes! | 我们都很了不起 |
[41:05] | Except for Natalie. | 除了Natalie |
[41:07] | One bag at a time, gentlemen, that’s the way we do it. | 小伙子们 照例 每次一袋 |
[41:09] | Don’t forget the bag of water. | 别忘了脏水袋 |
[41:11] | Thank you, Morris. Thank you, guys. | 谢谢Morris 谢谢大家 |
[41:14] | No, we should be thanking you. | 我们该谢你才是 |
[41:15] | You saved our pension fund. | 你保住了我们的养老金 |
[41:17] | And you got us a brand-new contract. | 是你 让我们得到了新合同 |
[41:19] | Anything you want, Mr. Monk, you let us know. | Monk先生 您有任何需要 |
[41:21] | All right. | 请一定告诉我们 好的 |
[41:23] | You guys do great work. | 你们的工作真伟大 |
[41:25] | Great work. | 了不起 |
[41:27] | Whoa! Whoa-whoa. | 噢 等等 先别走 |
[41:28] | Wait, wait, hold it. Excuse me, gentlemen. | 等等 先别走 |
[41:30] | What about this, the confetti? | 怎么? 还有这一地的纸屑呢 |
[41:34] | You just can’t… leave that there. | 不能就这么扔在这 是不是? |
[41:36] | Right? | 是不是? 我是说 不能就扔在这 |
[41:37] | I mean, uh, you can’t leave that. | 我是说 不能就扔在这 |
[41:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:41] | I wouldn’t have thrown it if I thought it was gonna stay in the street. | 如果我知道纸屑会撒在街上 我就不会扔了 |
[41:44] | Um, how ’bout, uh, probably start back around– | 周围也有 |
[41:47] | There’s a little bit around the corner there. | 拐角处也有 |
[41:49] | Yeah, this is good, right here. | 这 很好 |
[41:50] | And then you might want to make sure you get under the– | 一定要把这些纸屑 |
[41:53] | under the paper. | 全都清理掉 不 |
[41:55] | That’s it– Whoa, no! | Natalie Natalie 你别动手 |
[41:56] | Natalie, Natalie. Don’t–don’t– | 让他们做 |
[41:58] | Don’t you do that. Let them do that. | |
[42:00] | – It’s their job. – Sorry. | 这是他们的工作 这是他们该做的 |
[42:02] | It’s their job. | 记住 |
[42:03] | You work for me, remember, not for them. | 你为我工作 不是为他们 |