时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | All right, gentlemen, here they are. | 好了 先生们 午饭来了 |
[00:16] | Get ’em while they’re warm. | 趁热吃了它们 |
[00:17] | Hey, Rusty, what’s in these? | 嗨 Rusty 里面是什么? |
[00:19] | In case my doctor needs to know. | 到时候医生问我 我才知道 |
[00:21] | Let me tell you wise guys something. | 让我告诉你一些事 小伙子 |
[00:23] | When I was on payroll, we respected our elders. | 在我干这行的时候 我们尊敬前辈 |
[00:26] | I come in here, I volunteer. | 我是自愿来这里 |
[00:28] | Do I get a “Thank you, Rusty”? | 有人对我说 谢谢 Rusty吗? |
[00:30] | No, I get jokes. | 没有 只有人拿我开玩笑 |
[00:31] | And they aren’t even funny jokes. | 居然还是些一点不好笑的笑话 |
[00:33] | They’re old and stale. | 全是些老掉牙的笑话 |
[00:35] | Come on, Rusty, we all love you. You know that. | 打起精神 Rusty 我们都喜欢你 你知道的 |
[00:36] | Look, I’m eating one. | 看 我在吃呢 |
[00:38] | Hey, hey, Karl with a K. | 嗨 嗨 Karl |
[00:40] | Oh, hell, he’s back. | 哦 该死的 他又来了 |
[00:42] | Hey, Chucky, you– you missed a spot. | 嗨 伙计 你 你没看到那个污点 |
[00:45] | Captain… | 队长 |
[00:47] | can you believe it’s been a year already? | 你能相信已经一年了吗? |
[00:49] | You know, Mr. Monk, | 你知道的 Monk先生 |
[00:51] | I told you you can test those smoke alarms at home by yourself. | 我告诉过你 你可以自己在家 检测这些烟雾警报器 |
[00:54] | Yeah, I know, I know. | 是的 我知道 知道 |
[00:55] | But I’d rather you guys did it. | 但是我更情愿让你们帮我检测 |
[00:57] | You’re the experts, right? | 你们都是专家 不是吗? |
[01:02] | House fire, three alarm. | 住宅失火 三级火警 |
[01:04] | Mr. Monk, I’m afraid you’re gonna have to wait. | Monk先生 恐怕你要等一等了 |
[01:05] | Captain, I was here first. | 队长 我是先到这里的 |
[01:06] | Sir, there’s a house burning down five blocks away. | 先生 有一所住宅失火 距离这里三街区 |
[01:08] | Don’t you think that should take priority right now? | 难道你不认为这才是应该优先的吗? |
[01:11] | Don’t you? | 难道你不这样想? |
[01:14] | – I don’t know. – Let’s go. | |
[01:16] | Okay, but I don’t have all day. | 队长 我我 没有一整天 |
[01:23] | How many rooms do you have? | 你有几个房间? |
[01:25] | Five. | 五个 |
[01:26] | Thirty smoke detectors… for five rooms? | 五个房间 却需要三十个的烟雾检测器? |
[01:29] | Plus two hallways and a vestibule. | 还有两条过道和一个门廊 |
[01:31] | I used to say you can’t be too careful. | 我以前也说 再小心也不过分 |
[01:33] | Never say that again. | 我以后再不那么说了 |
[01:36] | Excuse me? | 对不起 |
[01:38] | Hello? | 哈啰? |
[01:46] | Hey, you’re not allowed back here. | 嗨 |
[01:52] | Rusty? Rusty?! | 这里禁止随便出入 |
[01:59] | Hey– Rus– | 嘿 Russ |
[02:19] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[02:22] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[02:25] | Oh, my God. Mr. Monk. | 噢 天哪 Monk先生 |
[02:27] | Oh, my God, Mr. Monk, are you okay? | 噢 上帝啊 |
[02:29] | Yeah. | Monk先生 你还好吗? |
[02:31] | Is Rusty okay? Check on Rusty. | Rusty怎么样? 快看看他 |
[02:36] | I think he’s dead. What happened? | 我想他可能死了 发生什么事了? |
[02:38] | I don’t know. There was a man. | 我不知道 刚刚这有个男人 |
[02:40] | I tried to stop him. | 我试图阻止他 |
[02:42] | Mr. Monk, it’s okay. It’s all over now. | Monk先生 没事了 一切都过去了 |
[02:44] | You can open your eyes. | 你可以张开你的眼睛 |
[02:47] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天哪 |
[02:48] | Captain Stottlemeyer, please. It’s an emergency. | Stottlemeyer队长 请快一点来 这有紧急情况 |
[02:50] | – Natalie. – Don’t say anything. | – 什么都不要说 |
[02:52] | It’s okay. Just sit over there, all right? | 就坐在那边 可以吗? 现在已经过去了 |
[02:54] | There’s a chair right there. | 那有一个椅子 |
[02:55] | Where? | Where? 在哪? 在哪? |
[02:56] | Right over there. | 就在那边 |
[03:00] | Natalie… | |
[03:02] | I can’t see it. | 我看不见 |
[04:20] | So, how’s it look, doc? | 那么 现在情况怎么样 医生? |
[04:22] | Well, okay. | 嗯 好吧 |
[04:23] | The liquid that hit him was a mixture | 洒在他眼中的液体是 |
[04:25] | of detergent and muriatic acid. | 清洁剂和盐酸的混合物 |
[04:28] | Both of his corneas have been scarred. | 他两眼的角膜都有损伤 |
[04:30] | And there is nerve damage. | 并且眼部神经受损 |
[04:32] | Which means what, exactly? | 这到底是什么意思? |
[04:33] | It’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[04:34] | Sometimes the tissue grows back by itself. | 有时细胞组织会自己生长痊愈 |
[04:37] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[04:38] | And sometimes it doesn’t. | 但有时不会 |
[04:39] | Ssssssssss… It’s okay, Mr. Monk. | 镇静 Monk先生 |
[04:41] | He’s afraid of the dark. | 他害怕黑暗 |
[04:43] | Well, he might have to get used to it. | 那么他最好能习惯 |
[04:45] | At least for a while. Excuse me. | 至少现在要习惯 不好意思 |
[04:48] | – Monk? – Huh? | – 什么事? |
[04:50] | It’s Randy. I’m speaking to you. | 我是Randy 我正在和你说话 |
[04:52] | I’m standing right in front of you. | 我就站在你前面 |
[05:00] | Now I’m squatting. | 现在我蹲下来 |
[05:02] | I’m about eye level. | 我就在你的眼前 |
[05:04] | I just want you to know | 我只是想让你知道 |
[05:05] | that we’re gonna find the man who did this to you. | 我们一定会找到那个 害你成这样的男人 |
[05:08] | I’m gonna work on this case 24/7. | 我会一天24小时一周7天不停的 调查这个案子 |
[05:12] | I don’t care how long it takes. | 不管要花多长时间 |
[05:15] | Except for May 11th. | 也许5月11号那天不行 |
[05:16] | Uh, my niece is getting confirmed, | 嗯 我的侄女刚订婚 |
[05:18] | and there’s a reception the night before. | 10号晚上会有一个招待会 |
[05:19] | So I’m probably gonna need– | 所以可能我需要 |
[05:21] | I’m probably gonna need that whole weekend off. | 我可能需要在那个周末请假 |
[05:23] | – So, Randy. Randy. – From the 11th to the 13th. | – 从11号到13号 |
[05:26] | I didn’t think this was possible, | 调查案子是不可能的 |
[05:27] | but you’re making this situation worse. | 但是你却使情况更糟 |
[05:32] | Mr. Monk, you know this is a top hospital. | Monk先生 你知道的 这里是最好的医院 |
[05:35] | They’re gonna do everything they can. | 他们会尽全力使你康复的 |
[05:37] | You can’t give up. | 你不能放弃 |
[05:38] | There’s always hope. | 希望就在眼前 |
[05:40] | There’s never hope. | 我眼前没有希望 |
[05:44] | This is something we do at the school for the blind. | 我们通过这项运动使家人和朋友 在我们这所学校 有为盲人所设计的试验 |
[05:47] | It’s called an empathy exercise. | 明白他们的挚爱正在承受的痛苦 |
[05:49] | We use it to help families and friends understand what their loved one’s going through. | 被称作“体验试验” |
[05:53] | How do you feel right now? | 你现在觉得怎么样? |
[05:55] | I feel helpless and out of control. | 无助 我快要失去控制了 |
[05:57] | Yeah, I feel disoriented. | 哦 我觉得没有安全感 |
[05:59] | Even more than usual. | 比平时更加无助 |
[06:00] | This is how your friend Adrian’s feeling 24 hours a day. | 这就是你的朋友Adrian现在的感觉 一天24小时都折磨着他 |
[06:03] | He has to relearn everything. | 他要重新学习所有事情 |
[06:05] | Even things he’s done a thousand times. | 即使是他已经做过上千次的事情 |
[06:07] | For example, | 比如说 |
[06:08] | you’ve spent a lot of time here in the station. | 你们都在警察局工作了很长时间 |
[06:10] | You both probably know it pretty well. | 你们俩很了解这里 |
[06:11] | Sure. | 是的 |
[06:12] | I want you to find the water cooler, | 你们现在到矿泉水桶那里 |
[06:14] | and pour yourself a cup of water. | 然后倒一杯水 |
[06:17] | Piece of cake. | 小菜一碟 |
[06:23] | Three… | |
[06:33] | Where’s the cooler? | 水桶在哪里? |
[06:39] | Sorry, sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[06:42] | We’re doing an empathy exercise. | 我们正在做“体验试验” |
[06:49] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[06:52] | He’s cheating. | 他在作弊 |
[06:53] | How does he know I’m cheating unless he’s cheating? | 他怎么知道我在做弊? 除非他作弊 我赢了! |
[07:00] | I won! | 副队 这并不是一场比赛 |
[07:01] | Lieutenant, this isn’t a competition. | 副队 这并不是一场比赛 |
[07:04] | I know, but if it was a competition, | 我知道 但是如果这是一场比赛 |
[07:06] | I would’ve been the winner. | 我就是胜利者 |
[07:12] | There’s a trick you can teach your friend. | 这有一个小把戏你可以教你的朋友 |
[07:14] | If you stick your finger over the edge of the cup, | 把你的手指放到杯子边沿上 |
[07:16] | it won’t overflow. | 水就不会洒出来 |
[07:18] | Ms. Stein, | Stein小姐 |
[07:20] | you’ve never met Adrian Monk. | 你没有见过Adrian Monk |
[07:22] | He’s not gonna be sticking his fingers in any cups. | 他是不会把手指放到 |
[07:24] | He’d sooner die of thirst. | 任何杯子里的 他也许会因此而渴死 |
[07:26] | The thing is, this guy is really fragile to begin with. | 事实上 首先 那么 你就应该去帮助他处理一切 这个人非常的脆弱 |
[07:29] | I just don’t see | 我不明白 |
[07:31] | how he’s gonna be able to function at all. | 他该如何处理这一切的 |
[07:33] | Then it’s up to you to make him function. | |
[07:35] | Get him back to work. That’s the best medicine. | 让他开始工作 这是最好的良药 |
[07:38] | Back to work? | 重新工作? |
[07:48] | Okay, which one is this? | 好的 这一张是那张? |
[07:51] | Uh, the one with the balloon. | 有气球的那一张 |
[07:54] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对 |
[07:56] | I love that one. | 我喜欢这一张 放好了吗? |
[08:03] | Is it straight? | 非常完美 |
[08:04] | It’s perfect. | |
[08:06] | I’ll never see her face again. | 我将再也不会见到她的脸了 |
[08:08] | Mr. Monk, don’t say that. | Monk先生 不要这么说 |
[08:11] | Am I crying? | 我在哭吗? |
[08:13] | – No. – Ah. | 没有 |
[08:15] | Feels like I’m crying. | 感觉上像是在哭 |
[08:19] | Feels like I’m crying all the time. | 好像我一直都在哭 |
[08:22] | Natalie, my life is over. | Natalie 我的人生完了 |
[08:24] | Forget about me. | 忘掉我吧 我哪都不会去 看着我 |
[08:28] | You have to move on, get another job. | 你要重新开始 |
[08:31] | I am not going anywhere. Look at me. | 找别的工作吧 |
[08:34] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:35] | Your life is not over. You could still do anything. | 你的人生还没有完 你可以做任何事 |
[08:38] | There’ve been lots of blind people | 世上有很多盲人 |
[08:40] | who have done great and amazing things. | 做了无数惊天动地的事情 |
[08:42] | Like who? | 比如说谁? |
[08:43] | Like Ray Charles. | 比如说Ray Charles |
[08:45] | And, um… you know. | 还有 嗯 你知道的 |
[08:48] | Yeah? | 谁? |
[08:50] | You know, uh, I mean, come on. | 你知道的 嗯 我是说 |
[08:52] | Uh… um… uh… | 嗯 嗯 嗯 |
[08:59] | Mr. Magoo. | Magoo先生 |
[09:01] | – Who’s that? – Mr. Magoo? | 他是谁? Magoo先生? |
[09:03] | Oh, gosh, he was a great man. | 噢 他是一个了不起的人物 |
[09:06] | Um… an inventor. | 嗯 一个发明家 |
[09:08] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[09:09] | An entrepreneur, if you will. | 一个企业家 如果可以这样说 |
[09:11] | He did lots of amazing, amazing things. | 他做了很多很多惊天动地的事 |
[09:14] | And he was blind? | 他也是个盲人? |
[09:15] | I don’t want to talk about Mr. Magoo anymore. | 我不再想说Magoo先生了 |
[09:17] | – Me neither. – Hello? | – 我也是 – 有人吗?? |
[09:19] | – Door was open. – Cap? | 门是开着的 我就进来了 |
[09:21] | Hey, how’s it going? | 嗨 一切怎么样? |
[09:23] | Uh, well, gosh, he’s doing great. | 嗯 他做得很好 |
[09:26] | He’s just great. | 嗯 听着 monk 他做得非常好 |
[09:27] | I’m so proud of him. | 我以他为傲 |
[09:29] | Good. | Good. |
[09:31] | Uh, listen, Monk. | 很好 很好 |
[09:33] | I’m on my way over to the firehouse. | 我现在准备去消防站 |
[09:35] | I want you to come along. | 我想让你一起去 |
[09:36] | What for? | 为什么? |
[09:37] | I gave the lieutenant my statement. | 我向副队录了口供 |
[09:39] | Yeah, I know. I just, uh– | 是的 我知道 我只是 嗯 |
[09:41] | I thought that maybe you might | 我以为你会想去 听着 Monk |
[09:43] | see something. | 看一下 |
[09:44] | Somehow I doubt that. | 我对此表示怀疑 |
[09:46] | You know what I mean. | 你仍是我所知道的最好的侦探 |
[09:47] | Look, Monk, even in this condition, | 你知道我的意思 |
[09:50] | you’re still the best detective I know. | 就算在这样的条件下 |
[09:52] | Exactly. I think it’s a great idea. | 那当然 我觉得这是一个好主意 |
[09:54] | Aw, you don’t mean that. | 啊 你不是认真的 |
[09:56] | You’re just trying to cheer me up. | 你只是想鼓励我 |
[09:57] | Look, Monk, this isn’t only about you. | 听着 Monk 这不仅仅和你有关 |
[10:00] | This is a homicide investigation. | 这是凶杀案调查 |
[10:02] | A fireman was killed. | 一个消防队员被杀 |
[10:04] | – Rusty. | – Rusty. – Rusty |
[10:05] | He was a stand-up guy. | 他是一个出色的队员 |
[10:07] | He’d been on that engine for 35 years, | 他干这行有35年了 |
[10:09] | and I’m gonna nail the son of a bitch that killed him. | 我准备将杀他的这个混蛋 钉死在墙上 |
[10:10] | And you’re gonna help me. | 你一定要帮助我 Natalie |
[10:12] | Leland, I can’t. I ca–I can’t– | 让他站起来 Leland |
[10:14] | Monk, I’m not asking you. | 我不能 我不能 |
[10:16] | Natalie, get him up. | Monk 我不是在请求你 |
[10:19] | Come on, you heard the captain. | 起来吧 你听到队长的话了 |
[10:20] | Okay, I’m coming. I’m coming. | 起来吧 你听到队长的话了 好的 我去 |
[10:22] | But listen, don’t expect too much from me. | 我去 但是 听着 不要对我期望太高 |
[10:24] | I’m no Mr. Magoo. | 我不是Magoo先生 |
[10:26] | Let’s go. | |
[10:27] | Mr. Magoo? | Magoo先生? |
[10:28] | You know, Magoo — the famous inventor. | Magoo先生? 你知道的 Magoo- – 那个著名的发明家 |
[10:31] | Oh. | 噢 |
[10:32] | Magoo. | |
[10:45] | Uh… | |
[10:53] | Uh-huh. | |
[10:55] | Now… | 现在 |
[10:58] | the table is here. | 桌子在这里 |
[11:01] | No, Monk. | 不是 Monk |
[11:04] | The table is here. | 桌子在这里 |
[11:08] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:09] | That puts the pole right there. | 棒子在那边 |
[11:14] | – The pole’s there. – I can’t do this. | 棒子在这边 |
[11:16] | You can do this. | You can do this. 我不行 你可以的 你可以的 |
[11:17] | Mr. Monk, just concentrate, okay? | Monk先生 集中精力 好吗? |
[11:19] | All right, just try to picture the room. | 好的 试着在你脑海中画出这个房间 |
[11:21] | You can do this. You have an amazing memory. | 你能成功的 你有惊人的记忆能力 |
[11:23] | Oh, right. | 噢 好吧 |
[11:25] | I forgot about my amazing memory. | 我忘记了我惊人的记忆能力了 |
[11:27] | Look, what we can’t figure is what the guy was doing here. | 听着 现在困惑我们的是 凶手在这里做什么 |
[11:30] | What we he looking for? | 他在找什么? |
[11:32] | Is anything missing? | 有什么东西丢了吗? |
[11:34] | I don’t think so. | 我不这样想 好的 让我们这样做 |
[11:35] | There’s nothing here worth taking. | 这里没有什么值钱的东西 没有钞票 什么都没有 |
[11:36] | No money. Nothing. | 没有钞票 什么都没有 |
[11:38] | It just doesn’t make any sense. | 这不合情理 |
[11:39] | Okay, let’s do this. | |
[11:41] | Have a seat. | 先坐下 你正在检查烟雾监测器 |
[11:47] | You and Rusty were sitting here. | 你和Rusty当时坐在这里 |
[11:49] | You were checking the smoke detectors. | |
[11:52] | Right. | Right. 对 对 |
[11:53] | And then this man entered | 然后 凶手从那扇门 |
[11:56] | from over there. | 进来 |
[11:58] | And he walked around the truck slowly, | 他围着消防车慢慢地走 |
[12:00] | like he was trying not to be noticed. | 就像试图不让人发现 |
[12:02] | Monk, Lieutenant Randy Disher. | Monk, 我是Randy Disher |
[12:04] | I’m speaking to you again. | 我再次与你交谈 |
[12:05] | Randy, you don’t need to tell the man that you’re speaking to him. | Randy 你不需要告诉他 你正在与他说话 |
[12:09] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[12:10] | Okay, you know who this is, | 好的 你知道我是谁 |
[12:12] | and you know I’m speaking to you. | 并且知道是我在和你说话 |
[12:14] | Now, in your statement, you said that you could hear him. | 现在 根据证词 |
[12:16] | – That his shoes were squeaking. – That’s right. | 你说你听见了凶手的声音 听见凶手的鞋子发出吱吱声 |
[12:18] | That he was tall, maybe 6’1″. | 对 凶手很高 大约六尺一寸 |
[12:20] | Heavyset, with sandy hair, wearing a leather jacket. | 身材魁梧 有着一头黄棕色头发 穿着皮夹克 |
[12:23] | Right. That’s right. | 对 全部正确 |
[12:24] | And then Rusty– | 然后 Rusty就 |
[12:26] | Rusty walked over to him, | Rusty朝他走去 |
[12:28] | around the back of the truck. | 走到了消防车后头 |
[12:30] | Then I heard this big noise. | 然后我听到了巨响 |
[12:33] | Then I walked around the truck. | 于是我也走到消防车后面 |
[12:38] | I went around the back of the truck. | 当我走到了消防车后面 |
[12:42] | Where– Where’s the truck? | 消防车在哪里? |
[12:44] | The truck’s been moved, Monk. You’re good. You’re good. | 车子被移走了 你做得很好 很好 |
[12:46] | And then– | 接着- – 接着我看见 Rusty躺在地上 |
[12:47] | Then I saw Rusty on the floor. | 接着我看见 |
[12:49] | And the guy was holding a shovel in his hands. | Rusty躺在地上 那个人手里拿着一把铲子 |
[12:52] | You said you could smell him. He’d been drinking. | 你说他身上有股味道 他喝醉了 |
[12:54] | Rum. He smelled like rum. | 浪姆酒(用甘蔗或糖蜜等酿制的一种甜酒) 他好像喝了朗姆酒 |
[12:56] | We got that, Randy. | 我们知道这个 Randy |
[12:58] | Is there anything else? Anything new? | 还有别的吗? 一些新的线索? |
[13:00] | Anything you forgot to mention? | 一些你忘记提起的 |
[13:02] | No, no. | 没有 没有 他抓起那个气桶 |
[13:03] | He grabbed the container, | 他抓起那个气桶 |
[13:05] | and he just threw the solvent in my eyes. | 把里面的液体泼到我的眼里 |
[13:07] | That was the last thing I saw. | 这就是我看见的最后一幕 |
[13:09] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[13:11] | That was the last thing I saw. | 那就是我看见的最后一幕 |
[13:14] | Oh, what is that? What is it?! | 哦 这是什么?什么东西? |
[13:17] | What is it?! | 到底是什么? |
[13:18] | Is it off? | 它掉了吗? |
[13:20] | It’s off. | 掉了 |
[13:21] | – Can I go home now? – Yes, you can go home now. | 我现在可以回去了吗? 是的 你现在可以走了 |
[13:23] | Hold on, hold on. Here. | 等一会 等一会 我来了 |
[13:25] | Ok, step, step, step. | 好的 小心梯子 小心 |
[13:28] | Here, here. Yes, yes. | 这里走 这里 |
[13:29] | It’s okay, I gotcha. I gotcha. | 好的 好的 我抓到你了 |
[13:35] | You’re okay. | 你现在很好 |
[13:38] | Wait. Wait a second. | 等一下 等一下 |
[13:40] | What? | 什么? |
[13:43] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[13:45] | What is it? | 发生什么事了? |
[13:51] | There’s a coat missing here. | 这里少了一件外套 |
[13:55] | A coat? | 外套? |
[13:56] | There were six coats | 以前有六件 |
[13:59] | hanging right here. | 挂在这里 |
[14:01] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[14:03] | There’s one missing. | 有一件丢了 |
[14:04] | He came in to steal a coat? He’s willing to kill for it? | 凶手来这里就是为了偷外套? 为了外套而杀人? |
[14:06] | It doesn’t make any sense to me either, but it’s something. | 对我来说也不合情理 但是外套里一定有什么重要的东西 |
[14:08] | We find that coat, we find our guy. | 只要找到了外套 也就找到了凶手 |
[14:12] | See, you’re amazing. | 看 你就是那么让人惊奇 |
[14:14] | Hey. High five. | 嗨 来一个 |
[14:18] | All right. Good work. | 很好 做得好 |
[14:23] | Good, good, good. | 很好 很好 很好 |
[14:27] | All right, very– | 好的 慢一点 |
[14:29] | Okay, see? There you go. | 看到了吗? 你可以做到 |
[14:30] | You don’t need me at all. | 你一点都不需要我 |
[14:34] | Ow! Oh, gosh, I’m so sorry. | 噢 该死 对不起 |
[14:36] | I’m so sorry. I didn’t see it. | 真得非常抱歉 我没看见那个 |
[14:38] | Ahh. Join the club. | 嗨 大家现在都处境艰难啊 |
[14:39] | Hey, how’s he doing? | 他现在怎么样? |
[14:41] | Oh, um, we just got back from the hospital. | 哦 我们刚从医院回来 |
[14:44] | They’re very optimistic. | 医生非常乐观 |
[14:46] | You mean pessimistic. | 你是说没有希望了? |
[14:48] | No, they’re very optimistic. | 不 他们非常乐观 |
[14:52] | Well, then, why are you shaking your head? | 是吗 那么为什么你一直在摇头? |
[14:53] | Oh. | 噢 |
[14:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:57] | – So what’s so important, Randy? – I think we got him. | 有什么重要的事吗?Randy? 我们好像抓到那个人了 |
[14:59] | We just picked up a guy in Rockaway, | 我们在Rockaway抓到一个人 |
[15:00] | and he was wearing the fireman’s coat. | 他穿这消防员的上衣 你可以确认他是不是凶手吗? |
[15:02] | He’s in the bullpen. | 他现在在审讯室 |
[15:03] | Who is he? | 他是谁? |
[15:04] | A guy named Kolbert. Jake Kolbert. | 叫Kolbert Jake Kolbert |
[15:07] | He’s a drifter. He lives out by the beach. | 他是一名流浪者 |
[15:09] | You think you can I.D. him? | 住在海滩上 |
[15:10] | Oh, I don’t know how. | 哦 我不知道怎么确认 |
[15:12] | Maybe you haven’t heard. | 也许你没有发现 |
[15:14] | I am blind. | 我是盲人 |
[15:15] | But you’ll do the best you can. Right? | 但是 你会尽全力的 是吗? |
[15:19] | You’re not gonna give up just because you’ve been dealt a bad hand. | 你不能只因为治疗恶化 就放弃一切 |
[15:21] | Have I been dealt a bad hand? | 我现在情况不好吗? |
[15:23] | I wouldn’t know, because I’m blind! | 我不会知道的 因为我什么都看不见 |
[15:25] | Monk. | 嗨 |
[15:26] | Hey, I like the cane. | 我喜欢这根拐杖 |
[15:27] | You look kind of dapper. | 你看上去活动自如 |
[15:29] | – You say you found the guy? – We found a guy. | 你们已经找到凶手? 我们找到一个人 |
[15:31] | He’s the right height. He doesn’t have an alibi, | 他身高符合 没有不在场证明 |
[15:33] | and he was wearing the missing coat. | 并且穿这那件丢失的上衣 |
[15:34] | – Did his shoes squeak? – Don’t know. | – 他的鞋子有吱吱声吗? – 不清楚 |
[15:36] | He was barefoot when we picked him up. | 我们抓到他时 他是光脚 |
[15:38] | But that doesn’t matter, because we don’t need shoes. | 不过这没关系 我们不需要那双鞋 |
[15:39] | Because I’ve got and eyewitness. | 因为我有一个目击证人 |
[15:41] | So to speak. | 可以这么说 |
[15:48] | Jake Kolbert, | |
[15:50] | this is Adrian Monk. | 这是 Adrian Monk |
[15:54] | We’re here to figure out if you two met | 我们要弄清你们是否上周日 |
[15:57] | at Fire Company 53 last Sunday. | 在53号消防队见过面 |
[16:00] | No. | 没有 |
[16:01] | I’ve never seen him before in my life. | 我以前从未见过他 |
[16:03] | I told you, man, I found that coat in a dumpster. | 我告诉你 那件外套是我在Vinton街 |
[16:06] | Behind a restaurant on Vinton Street. | 一家饭店后面的垃圾箱里找到的 |
[16:11] | He the guy? | 他就是凶手吗? |
[16:15] | I can’t tell. | I can’t tell. 我不知道 我不能分辨 |
[16:18] | The guy at the firehouse never said a word. | 在消防队的那个人 从没说过一个字 |
[16:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:23] | Well, you know what we have to do. | 那么 你知道我们要怎么做 |
[16:25] | We have to feel the man’s face. | 你需要用手摸这个男人的脸来辨认 |
[16:27] | What? No. | 什么? 不可能 |
[16:28] | No, Leland. Please. | 不 Leland 拜托 |
[16:30] | I can’t. | 我不能摸 |
[16:31] | God, I can’t. | 天哪 我不能摸 你是我唯一的目击者 |
[16:32] | You’re the only witness I got. | 你是我唯一的目击者 |
[16:33] | – He’s a drifter. – So what? | – 他是一个流浪者 – 这又怎么了? |
[16:35] | I have lived my whole life | 在我一生中我的双手 |
[16:37] | without feeling a drifter’s face. | 都没有摸过一个流浪者的脸 |
[16:40] | I’ve always been very proud of that. | 我一直引以为傲 |
[16:41] | Even on my worst day, | 在我最失意的时候 |
[16:43] | I could tell myself | 我可以对自己说 |
[16:45] | at least I didn’t feel a drifter’s face. | 至少我不用去摸流浪者的脸 |
[16:49] | This could be the man who killed Rusty | 这个人可能是谋杀Rusty的凶手 |
[16:51] | and blinded you. | 但你却看不见 |
[16:52] | I am not letting him or you walk out of here | 在我得到确切的答复前 |
[16:54] | until I’m sure. | 你或他都别妄想走出这里 |
[16:56] | – Oh, God. – Come on. | 去吧 |
[16:57] | God. | 天哪 |
[17:06] | Oh. | |
[17:11] | Oh, oh. | |
[17:19] | No. God. | 不 上帝啊 纸巾 噢 |
[17:36] | That’s a wart. | 那是一个瘤 |
[17:38] | Oh, God. Wipe! | 哦 天哪 纸巾 |
[17:39] | – Wipe! Wipe! – Yes. Yes. | – 纸巾 纸巾 – 等会 好的 |
[17:40] | Wipe! Uhh. | 在这 在这 在这 |
[17:42] | Right here, right here, right here. | 在这 在这 在这 |
[17:48] | He’s not the guy. | 他不是凶手 |
[17:49] | I’ve been trying to tell you. | 我告诉过你了吧 |
[17:51] | I found that coat in a dumpster. | 我在垃圾桶里找到的上衣 |
[17:53] | I get cold at night. | 那天晚上有点冷 |
[17:54] | I sleep in a cardboard box at the beach. | 我在海滩边上的垃圾箱里睡觉 |
[17:56] | My life sucks! | 我的人生完了! |
[17:57] | What are you complaining about? | 你有什么好抱怨的? |
[17:59] | At least you can see. | 至少你可以看 |
[18:00] | Oh, I got plenty to complain about. | 哦 我有很多值得抱怨的事 |
[18:02] | Don’t get me started. No, no. | 不要把我惹恼了 |
[18:03] | I’ve got a nine-year-old dog that needs a new kidney. | 我有一条九岁的小狗需要新的肾脏 |
[18:06] | I had a bucket of acid thrown in my face. | 一桶盐酸泼到了我脸上 |
[18:08] | I think I win. | 我想我更惨 |
[18:10] | I haven’t had a hot meal in three years. | 我三年都没有吃上一段热腾腾的饭 |
[18:12] | My wife is dead. | 我妻子死了 |
[18:14] | So is mine. | 我的也是 |
[18:15] | Car bomb? | 死于汽车炸弹吗? |
[18:16] | Pneumonia. | 肺炎 |
[18:19] | Natalie, car bomb or pneumonia? | Natalie 哪个更惨? |
[18:21] | Mr. Monk, I don’t know. | Monk先生 我不知道 |
[18:22] | Yeah, I bet your wife didn’t suffer. | 耶 打赌你的妻子没有承受这种痛苦 |
[18:25] | Trudy lived for 20 minutes | Trudy承受20分钟的剧痛 |
[18:28] | in pain, alone. | 独自一人 |
[18:31] | Y–You’re an amateur. | 你 你什么都不懂 |
[18:33] | Come back when you got something. | 等你领悟到什么了再说吧 |
[18:35] | Who’s next, huh? | 谁是下一个? 啊? |
[18:37] | Come on. Anybody. | 都来吧 大家 |
[18:39] | You’re looking at the most miserable man on Earth. | 你现在看到的是世界上最凄惨的男人 |
[18:41] | Oh, hey, you. How ’bout you? | 哦 嘿 你怎么样? |
[18:43] | How ’bout you? You want a piece of me? | 你想像我这样吗? |
[18:44] | I’ll take you all on at the same time. | 我可以让你们都像我这样 |
[18:47] | I can’t lose! | 我什么都没有 |
[18:50] | I–I can’t lose. | 我 我不能再失去什么了 |
[19:06] | This is Adrian… Monk. | 这是Adrian Monk |
[19:09] | Thank you for calling my new answering machine. | 谢谢打我的新电话留言机 |
[19:11] | When you hear the beep noise, | 请在听到“哔”声后 |
[19:13] | please speak into the telephone receiver, | 正对着电话筒 |
[19:15] | and leave a message, | 留下你的信息 |
[19:17] | which I will play back and listen to later. | 我将会回放并听取留言 |
[19:19] | This is the end of the message. | 这是本次留言的最后 |
[19:21] | And here is the beep I was talking about. | 即将听到的是我说过的“哔”声 |
[19:26] | Adrian, it’s Dr. Kroger again. | Adrian 我是Kroger博士 |
[19:28] | Now, I know you’re there, so please pick up. | 我知道你在家 请接电话 |
[19:32] | Adrian, you missed your 10:30, | Adrian 10:30你没有接 |
[19:35] | and your 3:30. | 3:30也没有接 |
[19:37] | Adrian, you can’t stay in your house forever. | Adrian 你不能永远困在你的房子 |
[19:39] | Wanna bet? | 想赌一把吗? |
[19:41] | I know you, Adrian. | 我了解你 Adrian |
[19:42] | You’re probably lying on your bed feeling sorry for yourself. | 你可能正躺在床上 为自己感到难过 |
[19:46] | You can’t just give up. | 但你不能放弃 |
[19:48] | There are people out there who really need you. | 外面有需要你帮助的人 |
[19:50] | Come on, Adrian. | 打起精神来 Adrian |
[19:53] | You have to get up. Get out of bed. | 你要振作 起床吧 |
[19:54] | Come on, you can do it. Here we go. | 来吧 你能做到的 起床吧 |
[19:56] | That’s right. Come on. | 对了 很好 坐起身 |
[19:57] | Come on. Up and at ’em. | 坐起身 |
[19:59] | Okay, go on. Come on, come– | 很好 继续 继续 |
[20:01] | This must be it. | 就是这里了 |
[20:04] | Describe it. | 开始描述 |
[20:05] | Oh, you know, Monk, it’s the tenderloin. | 我们现在走的这条路 Monk |
[20:08] | Right in the heart of wino land. | 是酒鬼的栖息之地 |
[20:10] | We’re standing in an alley behind a bar, | 现在站在酒吧后面的一条小巷 |
[20:13] | in front of a standard-issue dumpster. | 正前方就是那个垃圾桶 |
[20:15] | Probably about three cubic yards. | 大概有三平方米容量 |
[20:17] | It is filled with garbage. | 里面装满了垃圾 |
[20:19] | Broken bottles, cardboard boxes. | 破瓶子 烂纸盒 |
[20:22] | Monk, Randy Disher speaking. | Monk Randy Disher 与你说话 |
[20:24] | I’m opening my notebook. | 我正打开我的笔记本 |
[20:26] | Hold on, I– | 我找不到 找不到我的笔记本 |
[20:27] | I can’t find my– I can’t find my notebook. | 等一会 我找不到我的笔记本 |
[20:30] | I’m checking my pockets. | 我在翻我的口袋 |
[20:32] | Patting my pockets. | 翻我的口袋 |
[20:34] | Oh– Found the notebook. | 噢 找到了笔记本 |
[20:36] | Opening notebook. | 打开笔记本 |
[20:39] | Ah, yeah, according to Mr. Kolbert, | 耶 根据Kolbert先生的口供 |
[20:41] | he was here 5:00 p.m. last Sunday, | 上周日晚上5点他在这里 |
[20:43] | collecting bottles. | 收集破瓶子 |
[20:45] | He found the fireman’s coat in the dumpster. | 他发现了消防员的上衣 就在垃圾箱里 |
[20:47] | 5:00. | 5点 |
[20:48] | That’s just three hours after Rusty was killed. | 是在Rusty被杀后三个小时 |
[20:52] | He also said he found a fireman’s helmet, | 他还说找到了消防员的头盔 |
[20:54] | which he gave to a couple of kids. | 他把头盔送给了一群小孩 |
[20:55] | He kills a man for a fireman’s coat. | 他为了一件外衣而杀人 |
[20:59] | He throws it away a couple hours later. | 几个小时后却把它扔掉 |
[21:01] | That makes no sense. | 完全讲不通 |
[21:03] | Ooh. | |
[21:05] | Oh! Oh, God. | 噢 老鼠 噢 上帝 |
[21:07] | I’m glad I didn’t see that. | 我很庆幸我看不见 |
[21:10] | – Natalie. – What? | 什么? |
[21:12] | Natalie, I’m glad | Natalie 我很高兴 |
[21:14] | – I didn’t see that. – Yeah. | 我看不见 耶 |
[21:16] | This is– It’s an alley, right? | 这是一条小巷 对吗? |
[21:18] | – It must be pretty filthy. – Yeah, It’s disgusting. | 那么肯定会很脏 是的 让人恶心 |
[21:20] | I’d probably hate this place. | 我可能会非常讨厌这个地方 |
[21:22] | Oh, Mr. Monk, you wouldn’t last five minutes here. | 哦 Monk先生 你是不会在这里待上五分钟的 |
[21:24] | There’s cockroaches– | 这里有一群蟑螂 |
[21:25] | There’s a dead cat right over there. | 在那边有一只死老鼠 |
[21:26] | Natalie, it doesn’t bother me. | 这并不会困扰 我 |
[21:29] | Nothing bothers me. | 没有什么事可以难住我 |
[21:32] | It’s great. | 这太好了 |
[21:34] | I can’t see anything. | 因为我什么都看不见 |
[21:36] | I don’t see any of it. | 我什么都看不见 |
[21:37] | This could really work for me. | 这可能对我来说正好 |
[21:40] | I hate this neighborhood. | 我不喜欢这附近 |
[21:41] | I was stuck here for three hours Sunday. | 我周日困在这里三个小时 |
[21:43] | The house that burned down was just around the corner. | 失火的房子就在拐角 |
[21:45] | Hold on. | Hold on. 等会 等会 |
[21:47] | The fire on Sunday was–was–was right here | 着火的地方 就 就在这里 |
[21:50] | in this very neighborhood? | 离这里非常近? |
[21:51] | Yeah. The woman was killed. | 是的 有一个女人被烧死了 |
[21:53] | She fell asleep smoking a cigarette in front of the TV. | 她在看电视的时候抽烟 随后睡着了 |
[21:56] | I don’t think so. No, no. | 我不这样想 不 不 |
[21:58] | There has to be a connection between that fire | 一定有某种联系 这场大火 |
[22:02] | and what happened to Rusty. | 还有Rusty的死 |
[22:04] | Okay, let’s go. Come on, people. | 好的 我们走 |
[22:06] | Come on. We got a case to solve. | 来吧 有案子需要我们解决 |
[22:09] | Wait. Dead cat on your left. | 等一会 |
[22:16] | Oh, oohhh, yeah? | 死老鼠在你的左边 |
[22:19] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 耶 |
[22:29] | Uh, Monk, do you want some gloves? | Monk 你想戴手套吗? |
[22:31] | Don’t need ’em. | 不需要了 |
[22:32] | Out of sight, out of mind. | 眼不见 心不乱 |
[22:37] | Whoa, excuse me. | 喔 让一下 |
[22:38] | Blind man walking. | 盲人在走 |
[22:40] | Excuse me. | 原谅我 |
[22:44] | Is this the living room? | 这是起居室吗? |
[22:46] | That’s right. She was on the couch. | 对 她就在沙发上 |
[22:47] | Which is on your right. | 在你左边的那个 |
[22:49] | Whoa. | 喔 |
[22:50] | Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa. | |
[22:51] | Easy. | 简单 |
[22:52] | Yeah, she was on the couch, she was watching TV. | 对 她就在沙发上 她正在看电视 |
[22:54] | She’s smoking. She’s drinking. | 她在抽烟 她在喝酒 |
[22:56] | She falls asleep. | 然后睡着了 烟头掉在一叠报纸上 |
[22:57] | Cigarette falls on a pile of newspapers, | 烟头掉在一叠报纸上 |
[22:59] | and whoosh. | 然后 嗖 着火了 |
[23:00] | At least, that’s the official version. | 这是官方的结论 |
[23:08] | Rum. | Rum. 朗姆酒 |
[23:11] | Who was she? | 女人的身份? |
[23:13] | Disher opening file. | Disher 打开记录 |
[23:16] | “Stefanie Preston. 27.” | Stefanie Preston 27岁 |
[23:18] | She was a temp. | 她是个临时工 |
[23:19] | “Last job, Peter Breen Construction.” | 最后的工作是在Peter Breen建筑公司 |
[23:23] | Lived here alone. | 一人居住 |
[23:24] | Well, I don’t think she lived here alone. | 我不认为她是一个人住 |
[23:28] | At least not every night. | 至少每个晚上不是 |
[23:29] | There’s a bottle of men’s cologne in the bathroom. | 洗漱间有一瓶男人的古龙香水 |
[23:32] | Two toothbrushes. | 还有两个牙刷 |
[23:34] | Two different types of toothpaste. | 两种牌子的牙刷 |
[23:36] | She had a boyfriend. | 她有男朋友 |
[23:38] | Oh, there was– | 她有男朋友 哦 这里 |
[23:40] | There was something here. | 这里好像有什么 |
[23:43] | Something etched in the glass. | 刻在瓶子上的什么东西 |
[23:45] | The shape of an animal. | 是动物的形状 |
[23:48] | A donkey or a horse. | 驴或者是马 |
[23:52] | It looks like a horse. | 看上去像一匹马 |
[23:55] | Wh–Wh–What’s this? | 这 这是什么? |
[23:57] | TV remote. | 遥控器 |
[24:01] | At least it was. | 曾经是 |
[24:03] | Okay, if she was watching TV | 如果当时 |
[24:05] | from over there, | 她在那边看电视 |
[24:08] | why is the remote | 为什么遥控器 |
[24:10] | way over here? | 会在这里 |
[24:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:17] | I think I do. | 我想我知道 |
[24:20] | Captain, | 队长 |
[24:22] | here’s what happened. | 事实是这样的 |
[24:25] | Somebody killed her. | 有人谋杀了她 |
[24:27] | Probably strangled her, | 可能是勒死了她 |
[24:29] | then made it look like she fell asleep on the couch. | 然后把她放在沙发上 假装她睡着了 |
[24:33] | He probably walked away. | 然后凶手准备离开 |
[24:35] | Then he stopped and realized he forgot something. | 突然他停下来 因为他发现 他忘记了某物 |
[24:38] | Something inside the house. | 就在这间房子 |
[24:40] | What was it? | 是什么东西? |
[24:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:43] | Probably metal. | 也许是什么金属 |
[24:45] | Something that would survive the fire. | 什么东西不怕火的 |
[24:47] | Something that could be traced back to him. | 什么东西可以让警察追查到他 |
[24:49] | Whatever it was, he had to get it back. | 到底是什么? 他要把它拿回来 |
[24:51] | But how? | 但是怎么拿? |
[24:52] | The house was on fire. | 房子着了火 |
[24:53] | – The trucks were already here. – Excuse me. | – 消防车已经到了 – 等一下 |
[24:55] | – The place was surrounded. – Hello? | – 现场都是火警 |
[24:57] | He needed a fireman’s coat. | 他需要消防员的制服 |
[24:58] | Exactly. | 非常正确 这就是为什么他要到消防队 |
[25:00] | That’s what he was doing in the firehouse. | 这就是为什么他要到消防队 |
[25:02] | That–That’s why he stole the coat. | 这就是为什么他要那件外套 |
[25:04] | He came back here. | 他再回到现场 |
[25:06] | He looked like one of the guys. | 看上去像消防员之一 |
[25:08] | Nobody noticed him. Nobody questioned him. | 没有人注意他 没有人怀疑他 |
[25:10] | He walked right past them, | 他穿过人群 |
[25:13] | came inside– | 走了进来- – |
[25:15] | Grabbed whatever it was he left behind. | 拿到了他想要的 之后离开 |
[25:18] | Heh, heh. Not bad for a blind guy. | 嘿 嘿 对一个盲人来说做得好 |
[25:21] | I’m back, baby. | 我又痊愈了 亲爱的 |
[25:23] | Mr. Monk, you’re talking to a doorjamb. | Monk先生 你在对门框说话 |
[25:27] | I’m back. | 我又好了 你是紧张性精神症患者 |
[25:31] | You know, Adrian, I–I just don’t know what to say. | 你知道的 Adrian 我 我不知道怎么评价 |
[25:34] | After you got the diagnosis, you were so despondent. | 在患病之后 你是如此的沮丧 |
[25:37] | – Was I? – Yes. | – 是吗? |
[25:39] | You were catatonic. | – 是的 |
[25:40] | You were sitting here sobbing, | 你总是坐在那里哭泣 |
[25:42] | because you thought you’d never be able | 因为你以为你再也不能 |
[25:44] | to look at Trudy’s photos again. | 看到Trudy的照片了 |
[25:46] | All I know is I’ve never been happier. | 我所知道的是我从来没有这么开心过 |
[25:48] | I am at peace. Dig this– | 我心情平静 因为这个 |
[25:50] | Dig this? | 这个? |
[25:51] | Yesterday the school for the blind sent over a woman to teach me | 昨天盲人学校 派了一个老师教我 |
[25:55] | how to get around. | 如何应付困难 |
[25:56] | She wanted me to count the steps | 她要求我数 |
[25:58] | from my front door to the street. | 从我家前门到大街的步数 |
[26:01] | I said, “Sweetheart, | 我说”亲爱的” |
[26:02] | “I’ve been counting those steps for five years. 44.” | 我说”亲爱的” “我这五年里一直都在数” “总共是44步” |
[26:06] | So you see, I have been preparing | 所以你知道 我一直都在准备 |
[26:09] | to be blind my whole life. | 一生都在准备成为一个盲人 |
[26:12] | All right, Adrian, what about your work? | 那好吧 Adrian 你的工作 怎么办? |
[26:15] | My work? My work’s great. | 我的工作?棒极了 |
[26:17] | I’d say I’m operating at or just below Magoo level. | 我现在已经到或者略低于Magoo的级别 |
[26:21] | Adrian, I have to tell you I’m a little concerned. | Adrian 不得不说 我有点担心你 |
[26:24] | Now, there are five stages of grief, | 一般有五种悲伤的级别 |
[26:26] | and I think you’ve already leapfrogged | 我想你现在已经超越了 |
[26:28] | over at least the first three of them. | 至少前三个级别 |
[26:30] | – And I think any doctor– – I’m sorry to interrupt. | 我认为任何一个医生- – 对不起打断一下 |
[26:32] | I was just thinking– | 我正在想 |
[26:35] | you could be naked right now, | 你现在可以全身赤裸 |
[26:37] | and it wouldn’t bother me. | 但并不会影响我 |
[26:39] | – Adrian, I’m not naked. – But you could be. | – Adrian 我没有 – 但是你有可能 |
[26:42] | Look it, Adrian. | 听着 |
[26:43] | I think that you’re using this condition | Adrian 我认为 |
[26:46] | as an excuse to cut yourself off | 你使用现在的条件 作为借口 |
[26:48] | from the real world, even more than usual. | 将你与真实世界隔开 你比以前更孤僻 |
[26:50] | And the pendulum will swing back. | 钟摆会不停的摇摆(情况会恶化) – |
[26:53] | – I don’t think so. – Yes, it will. | 我不这样想 – 事实就是这样 |
[26:54] | This is what pendulums do. | 这就使钟摆定律 |
[26:57] | You could come crashing down. | 你有可能会被压垮 |
[26:58] | It would be very painful. | 这将会非常痛苦的 |
[27:00] | I–I–I just refuse to believe that you are happy — | 我 我只是拒绝相信 你很幸福 |
[27:03] | genuinely happy — | 发自内心的幸福 因为你失去了视力 |
[27:04] | having lost your eyesight. | 因为你失去了视力 |
[27:07] | It’s the best thing that ever happened to me. | 这是发生在我身上最好的事情 |
[27:09] | Oh, okay, fine. | 哦 好的 |
[27:11] | Well, then, why don’t we get some ear plugs, | 那么 为什么不把你的耳朵 |
[27:13] | and some nose plugs? | 和鼻子都塞住 |
[27:14] | And then you can just cut yourself off completely from the world. | 这样你就完全与世隔绝了 |
[27:17] | Or maybe we could arrange | 或者我们可以这样做 |
[27:21] | to have you put into a coma. | 让你昏迷 |
[27:24] | Well, let’s try the ear plug thing first. | 然后先你的耳朵塞住 |
[27:33] | – Stefanie what? – Preston. | Stefanie 什么? |
[27:35] | She worked in your office until last week? | 在上周前 她一直在你这里工作 |
[27:37] | I remember her. Stefanie — nice kid. | 我记得她 Stefanie 好员工 |
[27:38] | Hey, you mind if we walk while we talk? | 嗨 你介意我们边走边谈吗? |
[27:40] | Time is money, and frankly, I don’t have enough of either. | 时间就是金钱 事实上 两者我都没有 |
[27:42] | Hey, Mr. Monk, | 嗨 Monk先生 |
[27:44] | you might want to wait in the trailer. | 你也许想要待在拖车里 |
[27:46] | It’s probably a lot safer for you. | 这对你来说更安全 |
[27:48] | Ground’s a little rough out here. | 这边的地面很硬 |
[27:50] | No, no, don’t, uh– | 不 不 哦 |
[27:51] | Don’t worry about me. | 不要为我担心 |
[27:53] | I just want to be treated like everybody else. | 对我像对待其他人一样就好 |
[27:55] | Oh, hey. | 哦 嗨 |
[27:56] | Make sure the electrical inspector gets a copy, all right? | 确定电力检测员 拿到这一份 好吗? |
[27:59] | So, what can you tell us about her? | 所以 关于她 你知道什么呢? |
[28:01] | Uh, not much. She was a temp. | 不是很多 她是个临时工 |
[28:03] | She was here for maybe eight weeks. | 她大概在这里待了六周 |
[28:04] | My regular girl was away on maternity leave. | 我的正式员工在休产假 |
[28:06] | – You said there was a fire? – That’s right. | 你说她死于火灾 对 |
[28:09] | That’s terrible. That’s heartbreaking. | 太恐怖了 令人伤心 |
[28:10] | Mr. Breen, | Breen先生 |
[28:12] | how well did you know her? | 你了解她多少? |
[28:14] | Well, I didn’t really know her at all. | 嗯 我真的对她不是很了解 |
[28:16] | Ah. | 哦 |
[28:19] | – Oh, my gosh. – Ow. | 小心 |
[28:22] | What is wrong with you? | 你在干什么 |
[28:23] | What? There’s barbed wire. You’re gonna cut yourself. | 什么?那边有铁丝网 你会伤着自己的 |
[28:26] | I’m not going to cut myself. | 我不打算伤着自己 |
[28:27] | I have a radar. | 我有一个雷达 |
[28:29] | – A radar? – Yes. | —雷达? —是的 |
[28:30] | I feel it now. It’s like a sixth sense. | 我可以感觉到 就像是第六感 |
[28:33] | I’m like a bat in a cave. | 就像是岩洞中的蝙蝠 |
[28:36] | You know, they swoop around, but they never hit the walls. | 你知道它们到处飞 却从不撞到墙 |
[28:38] | Well, I don’t think your radar is working. | 是吗 我不认为你的雷达在工作 |
[28:41] | It–It’s wor– | 它 它是在 |
[28:43] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[28:45] | It’s working fine, okay? | 它是在工作 |
[28:47] | I am a swooping bat. | 我是一个飞翔的蝙蝠 |
[28:49] | My antennae are tingling all the time. | 我的天线一直都挂在上面 |
[28:52] | Hey, swooping bat guy. | 嗨 飞翔蝙蝠男孩 |
[28:54] | I’m over here. | 我在这里 |
[28:59] | Stay with the group. | 跟紧队伍 |
[29:01] | Have you ever been to Stefanie Preston’s house? | 你去过Stefanie Preston的家里吗? |
[29:04] | Why would I go to her house? | 为什么我要去她家? |
[29:05] | She was a very attractive woman. | 她是一个非常迷人的女士 |
[29:07] | Yeah, and so is my wife. | 我妻子也是 |
[29:09] | Is that your Ferrari out there? | 那是你的法拉利吗? |
[29:11] | That’s one of them. Do you like it? | 是的 你喜欢它吗? |
[29:12] | I was thinking about getting one myself. | 我也想买一台 |
[29:14] | It’s either between that or the Ford Festiva. | 要不然就是福特嘉年华系列 |
[29:18] | Where were you Sunday afternoon? | 周日下午你在哪里? |
[29:20] | Uh, Sunday I was here, on site, | 周日我在这里 值班 |
[29:22] | meeting with the architect and construction manager. | 与建筑师和经理们开会 |
[29:25] | Hey, boss, I got that work order. | 老板 我有工程命令 |
[29:27] | Oh, and I still have those keys. | 我还有那里的钥匙 |
[29:28] | Uh, Eddie, we’re a little busy right now. | Eddie 我们这里有点忙 |
[29:30] | You know what? We’ll take care of that later. | 这样子吧 一会我们再说这个问题 |
[29:32] | Gentlemen? | 先生们 走吧 |
[29:37] | Captain. Captain. | 队长 |
[29:39] | Captain, listen to that. | 队长 听 |
[29:41] | Squeaky shoes. | 吱吱响的鞋子 |
[29:42] | That’s the guy. Come on. | 这就是犯人 快来 |
[30:01] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[30:30] | This way. Definitely this way. | 这边 |
[30:44] | Whoa! | 一定是这边 |
[30:54] | Can I help you? | 我能帮你吗? |
[31:08] | It’s the guy, captain. | 就是这个人 队长 |
[31:12] | Cap–Captain? | 队长? |
[31:16] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[31:17] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[31:20] | Though I’d prefer it if you didn’t. | 尽管我喜欢这样 你也可以不这样 |
[31:24] | Captain? | 队长? 队长? |
[31:25] | Captain! | 啊 你该死的 |
[32:05] | Help! Somebody! | 救命 |
[33:54] | Uhh! | 有人吗? |
[33:58] | Oh… | 啊 |
[34:00] | my… | 天 |
[34:03] | God. | 啊 |
[34:05] | Uhh. Help! | 救命 |
[34:08] | Help! Help! Somebody! | 救命 有人吗? |
[34:11] | Help me, here! | 救命 |
[34:15] | Help! | 救命 |
[34:16] | Help! | 救命 |
[34:18] | Heads up! | 你们把头抬起来 |
[34:26] | I can’t breathe, the air’s so thin. | 我不能呼吸了 这空气很稀薄 |
[34:33] | Oh–Oh, God! | 哦 天哪 救命 |
[34:34] | Oh! Help! | 救命 |
[34:36] | – Mr. Monk? – Help me! | – Monk先生? – |
[34:38] | Mr. Monk, what are you doing? | 救我 Monk先生 你在干什么? |
[34:42] | – | – Natalie. – Yes? |
[34:45] | Are you… flying? | 我在这 你在飞吗? |
[34:47] | Here, I got you. I got you. | 我抓到你了 |
[34:49] | Just take a step down. | 往下走一步 – 不 – 走一小步 |
[34:50] | No, no. Just a little step. | – 不 – 走一小步 你很好 我们都抓到你了 |
[34:51] | It’s okay, we got you. | 抓到你了 |
[34:52] | – You’re okay. – We got you. | 往这边走 |
[34:54] | There you go. | There you go. 往这边走 |
[34:55] | There you go. | There you go. 你很好 很好 |
[34:56] | You’re okay. | You’re okay. 安全了 安全了 |
[34:57] | You’re okay. Okay. | Monk先生 |
[35:00] | Oh, my God, Mr. Monk. | 你刚刚在做什么? |
[35:01] | What were you doing? | 哦 天哪 |
[35:02] | Oh, my–my God. | 那个 |
[35:04] | The guy– The guy who killed Rusty– | 那个杀Rusty的人 |
[35:07] | The squeaky shoes. He’s here. | 穿着吱吱响的鞋子 他在这里 |
[35:11] | He’s here. “Eddie Murdoch.” | – 他在这里 啊~~~ |
[35:17] | Here, I got you. | 在这 我抓到你了 就是他 |
[35:24] | That’s him. | 是 |
[35:25] | Eddie It’s Eddie Murdoch. | |
[35:28] | Murdoch Must’ve been up there lookin’ for you, | |
[35:30] | and slipped. | 一定是在上面找你 不小心摔了下来 |
[35:33] | Well, I guess that’s it. | 对 我想就是这样 |
[35:36] | Case closed. | 结案了 |
[35:46] | I think I have some good news. | 我想我有好消息 |
[35:48] | The optic nerves appear to be healing, | 眼部神经开始恢复 |
[35:50] | and your pupils are starting to dilate. | 你的瞳孔开始扩大 |
[35:52] | I’m cautiously optimistic. | 我非常乐观 |
[35:56] | Is that how he takes good news? | 这就是他知道好消息后的反应? |
[35:58] | Yeah, it is. | 是的 |
[36:00] | Look, if you could just stick around for a bit, | 那么 请你们在这里等一会 |
[36:02] | I’d like to show these to my colleagues. | 我要把这些让我的同事看一下 |
[36:03] | Be right back. | 很快回来 谢谢 医生 我们在这里等 |
[36:04] | Thank you, doctor. We’ll be here. | 谢谢 医生 |
[36:06] | Isn’t that great? She sounded so hopeful. | 我们在这里等 这不是很好吗? |
[36:08] | Hope. I hate hope’s guts. | 看上去很有希望 希望 我讨厌希望 |
[36:10] | Hey, what happened to all your confidence? | 嗨 你的自信哪去了? |
[36:12] | I don’t know, Leland. | 我不知道 Leland |
[36:14] | Maybe I dropped it | 也许 在我呼喊希望时 |
[36:16] | when I was screaming for help | 我把自信丢掉 |
[36:17] | ten inches off the ground. | 埋在地心深处 |
[36:19] | I am so pathetic. | 我是这么悲惨 |
[36:22] | I’m half the man I was, | 我现在不是一个完整的人 |
[36:23] | which was 3/4 of a man. | 只能是3/4个人 |
[36:25] | And so now I’m– | 并且现在 |
[36:27] | 5/16 of a man. | 我只是5/16个人 |
[36:28] | Thank you, Randy. | 谢谢 Randy |
[36:29] | Oh, no, wait– 3/8 of a man. | 哦 不 等一下是3/8个人 |
[36:31] | Hey, would you quit whining? | 你能不能不要再抱怨了? |
[36:33] | The bad guy’s on a slab downstairs. | 尸体在停尸间 就在楼下 |
[36:35] | We get to go home. | 我们可以回家 |
[36:36] | In my book, that’s a good day. | 在我看来 我们运气很好 |
[36:38] | Monk, he is definitely the guy. | Monk 他就是凶手 |
[36:40] | I just came back from his house. | 我刚从他家里过来 |
[36:41] | We found the clothes he was wearing when he set the fire. | 我们找到了他放火时穿的衣服 |
[36:43] | They were in a laundry hamper, covered with soot. | 它们放在洗衣框里 上面布满烟灰 |
[36:45] | You guys, I’m sorry. I have to go. I have to go get Julie. | 各位 不好意思 我要先走 我要去接Julie |
[36:48] | You kids take off. | 你们可以先走 |
[36:49] | I’ll stay here with Captain Sunshine. | 我与阳光先生在一起 |
[36:51] | Hey, I can drop you off? | 我可以载你一程 |
[36:53] | New wheels. | 新车 |
[36:54] | Oh, so you went with the Ford. | 哦 你买了辆福特? |
[36:55] | Yeah, I didn’t like the way the Ferrari handled. | 我不喜欢法拉利的方向盘 |
[36:57] | Or the way they turned down my credit application. | 并且他们还拒绝了我的信用卡申请 |
[37:02] | Yeah. Cool, huh? | 很酷 对吗? |
[37:06] | I went with the four cylinder, instead of the six. | 我现在有有四个轮子的交通工具而不是六个 |
[37:07] | It’s quicker. | 更快乐 |
[37:09] | Oh, and white, with tan cloth interior. | 白色的车子和棕色的车座 |
[37:12] | Leather makes me sweat. | 皮革制品会使我流汗 |
[37:14] | Yeah, I need those. | 这正是我想要的 |
[37:15] | All right, we gotta go. We gotta go. | 好的 我们要走了 走吧 |
[37:16] | Okay, bye, Mr. Monk. We’ll see you tomorrow. | 好的 Monk先生 明天见 |
[37:19] | Why did he do it? | 他为什么这样做? |
[37:21] | Why did who do what? | 谁做什么? |
[37:23] | Why did Eddie Murdoch kill that girl? | 为什么要杀Eddie Murdoch 那个女孩? |
[37:26] | Since when does a creep need a reason? | 藤蔓爬墙什么时候需要理由? |
[37:28] | You remember when we were talking to Peter Breen? | 你记得当我们与Peter Breen说话时 |
[37:31] | Murdoch came walking up. | Murdoch走过来 |
[37:33] | Do you remember what he said? | 你记得他说过什么吗? |
[37:35] | Yeah, he said, | 对 他说 |
[37:36] | “I still have those keys.” | “我还有那些钥匙” |
[37:40] | Peter Breen drives a Ferrari, right? | Peter Breen 开的是法拉利 对吗? |
[37:43] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[37:46] | What do their key chains look like? | 他们的钥匙链像什么? |
[37:49] | It’s a rearing horse. | 站立的马 |
[37:53] | The impression on the coffee table. | 是在咖啡桌上的印痕 |
[37:55] | Those were Breen’s keys. | 是Breen的钥匙 |
[37:57] | You said Murdoch’s body’s on a slab? | 你说 Murdoch的尸体在停尸间? |
[37:59] | Downstairs. | 就在楼下 |
[38:07] | Hello? | 哈啰? |
[38:10] | Well, we’ve got the place to ourselves, so to speak. | 我们必须亲自去一趟现场 |
[38:15] | Do you see him? Do you see Eddie Murdoch? | 你看到了吗? 你看到Eddie Murdoch? |
[38:17] | No. Not yet. | 没有 还没有 |
[38:20] | Wh–What do you see? | 你看到了什么? |
[38:22] | Uh… people. Bloated. | 嗯 浮肿的尸体 |
[38:27] | Laying around, not talking. | 躺在床上 不能说话 |
[38:30] | Kind of like Thanksgiving at my ex-wife’s house. | 像感恩节时我前妻的房子 |
[38:34] | So you think the keys were still in his pocket? | 你认为钥匙仍在他的口袋里? |
[38:36] | Oh, it’s worth a shot. | 值得找一找 |
[38:38] | Eddie Murdoch killed Stefanie Preston. | Eddie Murdoch杀死了Stefanie Preston |
[38:40] | There’s no question about that. | 毫无疑问 |
[38:42] | But it wasn’t his idea. | 但这不是他的主意 |
[38:45] | His boss paid him to do it. | 他的老板付钱让他去杀人 |
[38:49] | So Breen was having the affair. | Breen与Stefanie有私情? |
[38:51] | Exactly. | 对 |
[38:52] | He had keys to her house. | 他有到她家的钥匙 |
[38:55] | Loaned ’em to Eddie Murdoch | 把钥匙给了Eddie Murdoch |
[38:56] | so Murdoch could sneak in and kill her. | 所以 Murdoch可以偷溜进去杀死她 |
[38:59] | He went back for the keys. | 他回去为了钥匙? |
[39:01] | That’s what he went back for. | 这就使他再次返回的原因 |
[39:03] | Right. And if we find those keys– | 对 如果我们找到那些钥匙 |
[39:06] | Mr. Breen’s gonna have a lot of explaining to do. | Breen就有很多可以解释的话了 |
[39:09] | Got him. | 找到了 |
[39:11] | Hello, Edward. | 你好 Edward |
[39:13] | Don’t get up. | 不要起来 |
[39:15] | Uh, they usually keep the personal effects in a plastic bag. | 他们经常把个人物件 放到塑料袋里 |
[39:19] | Bingo! | 宾果! |
[39:20] | Excellent. | 怎么样? |
[39:22] | Well? | 哈哈哈 |
[39:27] | Exhibit A. | 物品A |
[39:29] | D.A.’s gonna love this. | 法院会喜欢这个的 |
[39:30] | – Can I feel that? – Yeah. | 我可以摸一下吗? |
[39:33] | That’s it. | 就是这个 |
[39:37] | Lelandat Leland, what happened? | |
[39:38] | Leland! | 你怎么了? |
[39:42] | Mr. Monk, | Monk先生 |
[39:43] | I’m gonna need that key ring. | 我可能会需要这串钥匙 |
[39:45] | Help, somebody! | 救命 有人吗? |
[39:53] | The keys, please. | 钥匙 快一点 |
[39:55] | Oh, I don’t have time for this. | 我没有这么多时间 |
[39:59] | Actually, it’s pretty convenient you’re both already here. | 事实上 你们两个都在这里 对我来说很方便 |
[40:01] | That way, they won’t have to move the bodies. | 这样子 就不需要移动尸体了 |
[40:08] | Don’t move. | 不要动 |
[40:11] | Don’t move. | 不要动 哦 |
[40:51] | Captain. | 队长 |
[40:54] | Captain? You okay? | 队长?你还好吗? |
[40:57] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[41:00] | You all right? | 你怎么样? |
[41:03] | Monk… | |
[41:04] | You can see me. | 你可以看见我了 |
[41:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:07] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[41:08] | Hello. |