| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | Look at that skyline. | 看这浩瀚星空 |
| [00:03] | It’s the second most beautiful sight in the world. | 却只是世上第二美的风景 |
| [00:06] | The most beautiful is you | 最美的 |
| [00:09] | standing in front of me. | 当属 在我面前的你 |
| [00:14] | Are you okay? | 怎么了? |
| [00:16] | You–You didn’t say five words at dinner. | 晚饭时 你一直沉默少言 |
| [00:20] | Jay, remember you said | Jay 你曾说 |
| [00:23] | we couldn’t go on like this. | 我们不能这样下去了 |
| [00:25] | You said I had to make a decision. | 你还说 让我做个了断 |
| [00:27] | You were right. | 没错 |
| [00:31] | I’m going back to Eric. | 我要回到Eric身边去 |
| [00:32] | I’m going to try and make it work. | 我想与他重修旧好 |
| [00:34] | – What? – He’s my husband, Jay. | Jay 毕竟 他是我丈夫 |
| [00:38] | I tried to tell you at dinner. | 我本想吃饭时告诉你 |
| [00:40] | I don’t know. | 却不知如何开口 |
| [00:42] | I didn’t want to ruin your birthday. | 我不想在你生日时 大煞风景 |
| [00:50] | Let’s go somewhere. | 我们离开这 找个地方 |
| [00:51] | Just the two of us. | 只有你我二人 |
| [00:53] | We can go to Bahia Tortolo for the week. | 我们可以去Bahia Tortolo过上一周 |
| [00:55] | I can get Dr. Eastman to cover my patients. | 我可以请Eastman医生代班 |
| [00:57] | No, Jay, you’re not listening. It’s over. | Jay 听我说 我们的关系到此为止 |
| [00:59] | We can leave on Monday. The boat’s already stocked up. | 我们星期一就扬帆起航 |
| [01:01] | What is your problem? | 你怎么了? 我不会和你远走高飞 |
| [01:02] | I’m not going anywhere with you except back to shore. | 我不会和你远走高飞 快带我回去 |
| [01:06] | Whatever you say. | 你说什么 |
| [01:08] | Please. | 拜托 |
| [01:11] | Just take me home. | 送我回家 |
| [01:17] | I suppose you’ve told Eric everything. | 我认为 你该对Eric和盘托出 |
| [01:21] | Are you kidding? | 你疯啦 |
| [01:22] | You haven’t told anyone? | 难道你没对任何人提及? |
| [01:25] | I’m not exactly proud of this. | 这又不是什么值得骄傲的事 |
| [01:28] | So it’s like it never happened. | 就当这一切从未发生过? |
| [01:32] | That’s one way to look at it. | 这是唯一的解决之道 |
| [01:46] | Never happened. | 从未发生过 |
| [03:14] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
| [03:18] | Hello? | 在家么? |
| [03:22] | – What’s going on? – Making lunch. | 你在做什么? 做午饭 |
| [03:28] | And what’s wrong with those? | 怎么都扔掉了? |
| [03:29] | Uh, those are not quite up to snuff. | 不合标准 |
| [03:31] | You know me. It’s got to be snuff. | 你知道 对我来说 一切都得循规蹈矩 |
| [03:37] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
| [03:39] | It’s a surprise. | 惊喜 |
| [03:41] | Did I ever tell you about my grandpa, | 我祖父Neville Davenport |
| [03:43] | Neville Davenport? | 我对你说过他的故事么? |
| [03:44] | No. Is he in the box? | 他故去了? 他是个了不起的人呢 |
| [03:46] | He was a great man. You remind me of him, actually. | 看到你 我才想起了他 |
| [03:49] | He was an assistant pharmacist in London. | 他是伦敦的一名助理药剂师 |
| [03:51] | And then, when he was about your age, | 在你这般年纪时 |
| [03:53] | he completely changed his life. | 他立志 改变自己的生活 |
| [03:55] | Just like that. | 然后 |
| [03:56] | He quit his job and started a toothpaste company in England. | 他辞了职 在英国 开了一家牙膏公司 |
| [03:59] | A toothpaste company in England! | 英国的牙膏公司 |
| [04:01] | I mean, talk about optimism. | 历尽风雨 终见彩虹 |
| [04:02] | And now, it’s the third biggest brand in the world | 继Colgate和Crest之后 现在 这家公司已成为 |
| [04:05] | after Colgate and Crest. | 世界第三大牙膏制造商 |
| [04:06] | Aw, I love that story. | 我喜欢这个故事 |
| [04:08] | I guess my favorite part is about the toothpaste company. | 我最中意的 是牙膏公司那段 |
| [04:12] | Mr. Monk, there’s a point to this story. | Monk先生 这段创业传奇揭示了一个道理 |
| [04:14] | I don’t think so. | 不知道是什么 |
| [04:15] | I’ve been listening very carefully. | 我可一直竖着耳朵在听呢 |
| [04:16] | Okay, so I’ve been thinking about this. | 我一直都在酝酿这事 |
| [04:19] | And, uh… | 就是 |
| [04:22] | I think you should start your own company. | 我认为 你该自己开家公司 |
| [04:24] | Be a private investigator. | 做个私家调查员 |
| [04:26] | I mean, really go for it. | 我是说 我们得努力去做 |
| [04:28] | Hire a PR person. | 请一个公关人员 |
| [04:30] | Be aggressive. Advertise. | 大力宣传 拓展业务 |
| [04:31] | Get new clients. | 招募雇员 |
| [04:33] | Um… | 哦 |
| [04:34] | Mr. Monk, there are other detectives out there | Monk先生 有很多侦探 |
| [04:36] | with a fraction of your talent who are getting rich. | 才疏学浅 远不及你 却都发了大财 |
| [04:38] | You’re Adrian Monk. | 你是神探阿蒙 |
| [04:39] | People will pay a fortune to hire you. | 人们定会倾囊而出 邀你破案 |
| [04:41] | Yeah, that’s something to think about. | 还得仔细想想 |
| [04:44] | I thought you’d say that, | 我料到你会这么说 |
| [04:45] | so I did what Grandpa Neville did, and… | 我仿效Neville祖父的做法 |
| [04:48] | I took the initiative. | 迈出了第一步 |
| [04:55] | $85? That’s 85 cents a card. | 85美金? 一张名片要85美分 |
| [04:58] | Mr. Monk, that doesn’t matter. | Monk 这些都无关紧要 |
| [04:59] | You can’t be afraid to take risks. | 重要的是 你要勇于冒险 不能畏首畏尾 |
| [05:01] | I think I can. | 我想我可以 |
| [05:03] | In fact, I think I already am. | 事实上 我已经做到了 |
| [05:05] | Hold on. | 等等 |
| [05:06] | Germs, heights, snakes, milk, needles, risk. | 细菌 登高 蛇 牛奶 针 风险 |
| [05:09] | Yeah, it’s on there. | 赫然在列 |
| [05:11] | Number six. | 排在第六位呢 |
| [05:24] | You know what Grandpa Neville’s favorite expression was? | 你知道么 Neville祖父最喜欢的一句话 就是 |
| [05:28] | “Leap and a net will appear.” | 走过去 前面是片天 |
| [05:31] | Well, he sounds like a very pleasant, | 听起来 |
| [05:34] | very insane person. | 他是个胸怀大志 勇于进取的企业家 |
| [05:38] | It’s not even at the right address. | 地址都写错了 |
| [05:41] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
| [05:42] | No, it isn’t. | 错了 |
| [05:44] | Shunpike Road. That’s all the way downtown. | Shunpike路 市中心的黄金地段 |
| [05:47] | – It’s the right address. – It isn’t. | 就是那 肯定不是 |
| [05:50] | Yes, it is. | 就是 |
| [06:03] | Can I open my eyes now? | 我可以睁眼了么? |
| [06:05] | Mr. Monk, your eyes are opened. | Monk先生 你的眼睛本来就是睁着的 |
| [06:08] | When Grandpa Neville first started out, | 我保证 Nevilles祖父当年创业时用的办公室 |
| [06:10] | I swear to you his office looked just like this. | 就是这个样子的 |
| [06:14] | Okay, so this is my desk. | 这是我的办公桌 |
| [06:16] | And yours is in there. | 你的在那边 |
| [06:17] | So when the clients come in, they sit there. | 客户坐这里 |
| [06:20] | But then they come in here | 然后 他们过来 |
| [06:22] | and talk to me. | 先和我谈 |
| [06:23] | And if I think they’re legit, then I send them in to you. | 正当合法的 再交给你 |
| [06:27] | – What clients? – Oh, they’ll be calling. | 客户? 什么意思 他们会打电话来的 |
| [06:29] | I took out some ads on the internet and in the phone book. | 我在网络和黄页上 都发布了广告 |
| [06:31] | Uh, Natalie, you can’t afford this. | Natalie 你支付不起 |
| [06:34] | Actually, you’re paying for it. | 其实 你已付过了 |
| [06:35] | I can’t afford this. | 我怎么付得起? |
| [06:36] | Oh, yes, you can. | 怎么不可以 |
| [06:37] | Remember last month when you got that bonus | 上个月 你破了Kensington一案 |
| [06:39] | after solving the Kensington case? | 得到了一笔不菲的奖金 |
| [06:41] | No. | 我怎么没见到 |
| [06:42] | That’s because I used it for a down payment. | 因为我用这笔钱付了定金 |
| [06:44] | Grownups have a word for that. We call it embezzlement. | 难道这就是所谓的 监守自盗? |
| [06:47] | Don’t tell me– Grandpa Neville. | 这就是Neville祖父? |
| [06:49] | That’s Grandpa Neville. | 是的 |
| [06:51] | Well, it’s only fitting that we have his picture up. | 把他的照片挂在这 再合适不过了 |
| [06:53] | After all, he is our inspiration, right? | 毕竟 他是我们的榜样 |
| [06:55] | Leap and a net will appear. | 走过去 前面是片天 |
| [06:57] | Okay, I appreciate what you’re trying to do here. | 对你的所做所为 我感激不尽 |
| [06:59] | I really do, but, uh… | 但是 |
| [07:01] | I have a job. | 我有正式的工作 |
| [07:02] | I am a consultant for the police department. | 我是警局的顾问 |
| [07:05] | Not full time. | 那不并是全职工作 |
| [07:06] | And, Mr. Monk, they haven’t called in weeks. | Monk先生 他们几周都没和你联系了 |
| [07:08] | Which is fine with me. I am not an ambitious man. | 我不会计较 我不是个雄心勃勃的人 |
| [07:10] | I am not Grandpa Neville. | 我和Neville祖父不一样 |
| [07:13] | Okay, just give it a few months. | 先做几个月试试看 |
| [07:14] | I’m sorry– Months? | 拜托 几个月? |
| [07:15] | Okay, a few weeks. You’ll see. | 好啦 几个星期还不行 |
| [07:17] | It’s gonna be great. Trust me. | 一切都会大不一样 相信我 |
| [07:20] | You’ll see. | 我们拭目以待 |
| [07:24] | How about Amber? | |
| [07:28] | “I am into yoga, pilates, | 酷爱瑜珈 普拉提 |
| [07:31] | getting in touch with my spirituality…” | 虔诚的教徒 |
| [07:35] | Been there, married that. | 先放着 |
| [07:39] | “My hobbies include bike-riding, running, | 我喜欢骑车 跑步 |
| [07:42] | cuddling.” | 拥抱 |
| [07:43] | Captain? | 队长? |
| [07:44] | You got a second? | 有时间么? |
| [07:45] | Uh, yeah, um– | 哦 |
| [07:47] | Hang on, Randy. | Randy 等下 |
| [07:49] | Uh, just a minute. | 稍等 |
| [07:52] | Hang on. | 等等 |
| [07:54] | – You okay? – Yeah! | – 在忙? – 没事 |
| [07:56] | Yeah. | 没事 |
| [07:58] | This is, um… | 只是一些 |
| [08:00] | classified, need-to-know stuff. | 只是一些 机密须知材料 |
| [08:03] | – What’s going on? – Missing schoolteacher. | 有案子? 一女教师下落不明 |
| [08:05] | Husband’s looking better and better. | 他丈夫到处寻找 |
| [08:07] | I talked to a neighbor — trouble in paradise. | 我和邻居谈过 |
| [08:09] | Anna Pollard’s been talking to a lawyer | 四个月前 Anna Pollard向律师提出申请 |
| [08:11] | four months ago about filing for a separation. | 要求分居 |
| [08:13] | No kidding? | 有没有搞错? |
| [08:14] | He told me that it was one long honeymoon. | 他对我说 那只是个漫长的蜜月而已 |
| [08:16] | Randy, that man lied to us. | Randy 那人骗我们 |
| [08:18] | – I need to talk to him again. – Yes, sir. | 我得再问问他 好的 |
| [08:21] | Oh, by the way, my cousin saw your profile on Make-A-Date.net. | 还有 我表姐在”非常男女”上看到了你的自我介绍 |
| [08:26] | I didn’t know you like bossa nova. | 没想到你还喜欢跳波萨诺沃舞 |
| [08:32] | Uh, that was, um… | 那是 |
| [08:35] | It was– There was an undercover sting operation going on with Vice. | 是 只是一项针刺治疗 一直密而不宣 |
| [08:42] | Okay, I admit it. I, um, I signed on. | 好啦 我承认 我的确上过那个网站 提交过自我介绍 |
| [08:45] | I was curious. | 只是一时兴起 |
| [08:46] | Tell your cousin that I was just joking around. | 转告你表姐 我是信口开河 |
| [08:48] | That’s okay. You can tell her yourself. | 你可以当面对她说啊 |
| [08:50] | You’ve been talking to her all week. | 你和她聊了一个星期呢 |
| [08:53] | She’s Sexy In Sonoma. | 在Sonoma 她可是鼎鼎大名的美女 |
| [08:55] | Wait, that’s your cousin? | 那就是你表姐? |
| [08:56] | When did you put in a hot tub? | 你什么时候在浴缸里洗澡了? |
| [08:57] | I didn’t put in a hot tub. | 我才没有 |
| [08:58] | She said you put in a hot tub. | 她说的 |
| [09:00] | I had a hot tub when I was at the motel. | 我住旅馆时用浴缸 |
| [09:02] | Oh, that must be it. | 那就是了 |
| [09:53] | Adrian Monk Investigations. | Adrian Monk调查科 |
| [09:55] | What is the nature of your problem? | 有何情况? |
| [09:56] | Being kept in a room against my will. | 我被迫在一间屋子里 |
| [10:00] | You were kidnapped? | 你被绑架了? |
| [10:01] | Oh, my God. Hold on, hold on. | 等等 |
| [10:03] | Do you know who did it? | 谁做的? |
| [10:04] | Yes, it was my personal assistant. | 我助手 |
| [10:08] | Her name is Natalie Teeger. | 她叫Natalie |
| [10:12] | Teeger Natalie… | |
| [10:15] | It’s been two days. | 都两天了 |
| [10:17] | You’re human. You made a mistake. | 人都会犯错 |
| [10:20] | It’s not a mistake. | 没错 |
| [10:22] | It’s a mistake. | 错了 |
| [10:23] | Okay, it took Grandpa Neville’s business | Grandpa Neville祖父的生意 |
| [10:25] | a whole year before it took off. | 一年之后 才红火起来 |
| [10:26] | You know… | 你知道么 |
| [10:28] | Not everybody feels the same way you do | 并不是所有的人都适合 |
| [10:31] | about Grandpa Neville. | Neville祖父那种经营模式 |
| [10:32] | For example, I was just thinking how much fun it would be | 我就在想 把Neville挖出来 |
| [10:35] | to dig up his body and poke it with a big stick. | 再用根棍子戳他 多么让人哭笑不得 |
| [10:39] | Who’s Grandpa Neville? | 谁是Neville祖父? |
| [10:41] | And why are we poking him with a stick? | 为何要用棍棒戳他? |
| [10:47] | Adrian Monk? I’m Linda Fusco. | Adrian Monk? 我是Linda Fusco |
| [10:49] | Wait, do I know you? | 我认识你么? |
| [10:51] | Are you an actress? | 你是演员? |
| [10:53] | Real estate. | 地产商 |
| [10:54] | Oh, oh, oh, Linda Fusco Realty. | 噢噢噢 Linda Fusco地产公司 |
| [10:57] | On bus stops and billboards. | 车站和广告牌上都是你们的广告 |
| [10:59] | Wow, I can’t believe Larry finally rented this dump out. | 哇 真不敢相信Larry把这破地方租出去了 |
| [11:02] | How much is he getting, 3,000 a month? | 花了多少钱 |
| [11:05] | 3,200. | 一个月3000? |
| [11:06] | Whoa, boy. He’s having you for lunch. | 哦 你们被他给坑了 |
| [11:08] | Next time, you come to me. | 下次直接来找我 |
| [11:09] | Adrian, I’ve been asking around. | Adrian 我咨询了不少人 |
| [11:11] | Cops, reporters — and they all say that you are the man. | 警察也好 记者也好 他们都推荐你是合适人选 |
| [11:15] | Well, I’m a man. | 我是个人没错 |
| [11:17] | Oh, no, no, no. He’s just being modest. | 哦 不不 他是在谦虚 |
| [11:19] | He is the man. He is the gold standard. | 他的确是合适人选 无二人选 |
| [11:21] | He is like Philip Marlowe | 他就是当代的菲力浦.马罗 |
| [11:23] | and Sherlock Holmes just rolled into– | 和福尔摩斯 是他们智慧完美的结合体 |
| [11:25] | Sweetheart, I’m showing a condo in 20 minutes. | 宝贝 20分钟后我还有事要办 |
| [11:27] | So let’s get this going. Follow me. | 不要拖泥带水的 跟我来 |
| [11:31] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪儿? |
| [11:33] | It’s right out here. | 就在外面 |
| [11:38] | This is it. | 就是这儿了 |
| [11:39] | That’s a nice car. | 真是部好车 |
| [11:41] | This is a Lucerne 275 | 别克卢塞恩 |
| [11:43] | 275 Northstar V8. | |
| [11:46] | I get a new Buick every year. It’s my trademark. | 我每年都换一辆别克 人人都知道 |
| [11:49] | See? | 看到了没? |
| [11:53] | There’s a scratch. | 有刮痕 |
| [11:55] | It’s a dent. | 凹下去了 |
| [11:57] | It’s a dent. | 是处凹痕 |
| [11:58] | Here and here. | 到处都是 |
| [12:00] | Son of a bitch. | 这杂种 |
| [12:01] | And he left this on the windshield. | 他在挡风玻璃上还留下了这个 |
| [12:07] | “Go tell Nell.” Who’s Nell? | “去告诉Nell” 谁是Nell? |
| [12:09] | Monk, I think that’s an H. | Monk 那是一个H(意思应该是见鬼去) |
| [12:12] | So will you take the case? | 你答应接手了么? |
| [12:13] | What case is that? | 案子呢? |
| [12:15] | This is it. This is the case. | 这不就是 这不就是案子么 |
| [12:17] | The dented fender? | 查挡泥板上的凹痕? |
| [12:18] | Yes. | 对啊 |
| [12:20] | It happened at the Marina Wednesday morning. | 案发时间是周三早上 在码头附近 |
| [12:22] | I have a boat there. | 我在那有艘船 |
| [12:24] | I got there at ten to six to pick something up, | 我在5:50到达那里 |
| [12:26] | and then I came back 20 minutes later and– | 大约20分钟后回到车旁发现的 |
| [12:28] | – Mrs. Fusco– – Ms. Fusco. | Fusco太太 Fusco夫人(保密自己婚姻状态的叫法) |
| [12:30] | Miss Fusco. | Fusco小姐 |
| [12:31] | Ms. | Fusco夫人 |
| [12:32] | Linda–Linda, you must be insured. | Linda Linda 你肯定保了险啊 |
| [12:36] | But why should I pay for something that I didn’t do? | 为什么我要为别人付钱呢? |
| [12:39] | I love this car. This is my baby. | 我嗜车如命 它们就像我的孩子 |
| [12:41] | And I want you to find that son-of-a-bitch, Mr. Adrian Monk, | 我要你替我抓到那个杂种 Adrian Monk先生 |
| [12:44] | and make him pay for it. | 让他作出补偿 |
| [12:46] | Yeah, it’s a matter of principle. | 说得对 这是原则问题 |
| [12:48] | Exactly. | 没错 |
| [12:49] | We’ll take the case. | 我们接了 |
| [12:50] | I’ll draw up the contracts. We get $400 a day. | 我马上拟合同 400元一天 |
| [12:52] | I’ll pay you $3,000 if you catch the son-of-a-bitch. | 如果你们能抓到他 我出3000一天 |
| [12:54] | And if you don’t, you get zip. | 如果抓不到 就一毛也没有 |
| [12:55] | I work on commission. Why shouldn’t you? | 我一直都是收佣金的 你也这样做吧 |
| [12:58] | Could I talk to you for a second? | 能跟你说几句么? |
| [13:04] | – Can we go home? – I think we should do it. | 回去吧 我们应该接 |
| [13:06] | Natalie, it’s a fender bender. It’s not even a real crime. | Natalie 只是车子被撞凹了 甚至都不能构成犯罪 |
| [13:08] | It’s a crime. | 当然是犯罪了 |
| [13:10] | It’s a misdemeanor or something. | 可能是轻罪之类的 |
| [13:11] | Mr. Monk, we have to start somewhere. | Monk先生 我们得有个开始 |
| [13:13] | Trust me, I know what I’m doing. | 相信我 我有把握 |
| [13:16] | Well, what’s it gonna be? | 商量的怎么样了? |
| [13:18] | Are we in business? | 成交么? |
| [13:19] | Yes, ma’am. We’re on the case. | 是的 我们成交 夫人 |
| [13:26] | So, according to these snapshots, | 根据记录 |
| [13:28] | it looks like her Buick was parked over there. | 别克曾经停在这里 |
| [13:30] | So maybe somebody backed up. | 也许是有人倒车撞的 |
| [13:32] | What do ya think? | 你说呢? |
| [13:34] | Natalie, what are we doing here? | Natalie 我们到底在干吗? |
| [13:36] | I’m a homicide detective. | 我是名凶案调查侦探 |
| [13:37] | Mr. Monk, I know it’s not the crime of the century, | Monk先生 我知道这算不上世纪凶案 |
| [13:40] | but someone did this to her, | 但的确有人实施了 |
| [13:41] | and Linda Fusco deserves justice too. | Linda也需要有人为她声张正义 |
| [13:43] | Okay, what’s next? Getting cats out of trees? | 那我们下面做什么?救出树上的小猫? |
| [13:46] | Chasing jaywalkers? | 追查乱穿马路者? |
| [13:47] | Grandpa Neville used to always say– | Neville爷爷过去总说 |
| [13:49] | Grandpa Neville used to say a man’s reputation– | Neville爷爷说一个人的名誉- – 好了好了 |
| [13:51] | Okay-Okay. Okay, I’ll do it. I’ll do it. | 好了 我投降我投降 |
| [13:52] | Anything but another Grandpa Neville story. | 只要你不再说Neville爷爷的故事 |
| [13:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [14:06] | You’re right. | 你猜得没错 |
| [14:08] | You’re right. He backed out… | 他像这样 |
| [14:11] | like this. | 倒车 |
| [14:13] | He must’ve gone this way. | 他一定是从这条路离开的 |
| [14:20] | He went the wrong way. | 他走错了路 |
| [14:23] | Why was he going the wrong way? | 他为什么会走错? |
| [14:37] | Video camera covering the exit. | 摄影探头在拍摄出口 |
| [14:40] | He didn’t want to be taped. | 他害怕被拍到 |
| [14:42] | Oh-oh-oh! That’s good. | 噢 噢 太棒了 |
| [14:44] | – Now we’re cooking! – Yeah. | 我们进入角色了 是啊 |
| [14:45] | Now we’re cooking. | 进入角色了 |
| [14:46] | So if he didn’t want to be taped, | 既然他不想被拍到 |
| [14:48] | why would he leave a note? | 干吗还要留纸条呢? |
| [14:50] | Maybe there was a witness. | 也许有人看见了 |
| [14:52] | Somebody saw the accident, was watching him– | 有人目击了事故 正盯着他看 |
| [14:56] | Maybe the perpetrator thought that if he just drove away, | 肇事者认为如果就这么溜了 |
| [15:01] | the witness would report it. | 目击者会举报 |
| [15:03] | So he got out and pretended to leave a note. | 所以他假装留下了联系方式 |
| [15:08] | Okay. All right. | 没错 |
| [15:09] | So we have to just find that witness. | 现在我们要找到目击者 |
| [15:11] | Where should we start? | 从哪儿开始呢? |
| [15:15] | We might wanna start with Bill Gibbard. | 可以从Bill Gibbard开始 |
| [15:18] | Bill Gibbard. That’s great. | Bill Gibbard 太好了 |
| [15:20] | That’s great! Oh, it’s exciting! | 太好了 激动人心啊 |
| [15:22] | Oh, yeah. This is a thrill a minute. | 是啊 还真惊险异常 |
| [15:38] | Hello, there. Hi. | 那边的先生 你好啊 你好 |
| [15:39] | We’re looking for Mr. Gibbard. | 我们找Gibbard先生 |
| [15:41] | Captain Gibbard, and you’re looking at him. | Gibbard 你们眼前的便是 |
| [15:43] | What’s left of him. | 你要给它些什么 |
| [15:45] | But I can’t help you today, missy. | 可惜我今天帮不上忙啦 小姑娘 |
| [15:47] | Got… bull-kelp. | 我要处理 巨藻 |
| [15:49] | It’s fouling my propeller something terrible | 它们把推进器给堵了 |
| [15:51] | every time I go out past the southeast barrier. | 每次去东南界都弄成这样 |
| [15:54] | Avoid the southeast barrier. That’s my advice. | 我很认真地建议你们 不要去那里 |
| [15:58] | Okay. That’s some great advice. | 好 不错的建议 |
| [16:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [16:02] | What kind of dog is that? | 这是什么狗? |
| [16:03] | He’s just a mutt. | 杂种狗 |
| [16:05] | Oh, yeah. How long do they live? | 它们的寿命是多少? |
| [16:08] | Captain, this is Adrian Monk. | 船长 这位是Adrian Monk |
| [16:10] | Monk? | 对 他是私家侦探 |
| [16:11] | Yeah, he’s a private investigator. | 对 他是私家侦探 |
| [16:12] | We wanted to talk to you about a car accident | 我们想向您了解一下 |
| [16:14] | that happened in that parking lot | 周三早上六点 |
| [16:15] | on Wednesday morning at 6:00. | 停车场发生的一起事故 |
| [16:17] | I wasn’t here. | 我没在那儿 |
| [16:18] | Your sign says that you’re here at dawn every day. | 那块牌子上写着 你每天傍晚都在那儿 |
| [16:21] | Well, I guess I must’ve been. | 噢 或许吧 |
| [16:24] | But I didn’t see nothing. | 可我什么也没看见 |
| [16:25] | You heard it though, right? | 你一定听见什么了 对吧? |
| [16:27] | It’s only a couple hundred feet away. | 几百英尺远罢了 |
| [16:36] | Are you calling me a liar, Mr. Monk? | 你是说我在撒谎了罗 Monk先生? |
| [16:39] | Whoa, what are you doing? | – 啊 – 你在干吗? |
| [16:41] | I don’t like private investigators. | 我对侦探没有好感 |
| [16:43] | Neither do I. It was her idea. | 我也是 都是她的主意 |
| [16:45] | Whoa-whoa-whoa. Let’s just settle down here. | 啊啊 这样吧 |
| [16:47] | Captain, if you happen to remember anything, | 船长 如果您记起什么来 |
| [16:48] | could you please give us a call? | 能不能打电话给我们? |
| [16:50] | – Here’s our card. – What are you doing? | 这是名片 你在干吗? |
| [16:51] | – Let go of the card. – It’s 85 cents. | 那可是85美分呢 |
| [16:53] | Let go of the card, Mr. Monk. Let go of the card! Let g– | 放手 Monk先生 放手放手 |
| [16:55] | Here you go. | 给您 |
| [16:56] | Thank you for your time, captain. Let’s go. | 打搅您了 船长 |
| [16:58] | You owe me 85 cents. | 我们走 你还欠我85美分 |
| [16:59] | Fine. Take it out of my paycheck. | 好 从我薪水里扣得了 |
| [17:01] | – Don’t think I won’t. – How’d you get so cheap? Really? | 别以为我不会 你怎么那么小气? |
| [17:03] | I work for a living! All right? | 我也是讨生活的 |
| [17:04] | At least, I used to. | 至少 |
| [17:06] | Now I just get bull-kelp splashed on me. | 曾经是这样 |
| [17:10] | I really think that’s an N. | 现在却让巨藻弄了一身脏 我真的觉得那是个N |
| [17:12] | It’s not an N, Mr. Monk. | 不是N Monk先生 |
| [17:14] | What if it is? | 如果是呢? |
| [17:15] | What if there is somebody out there named Nell | 也许有个叫Nell的 |
| [17:18] | who’s got all the answers? | 能解答整件事情的真相呢? |
| [17:27] | What is this red swirl? | 这个红勾是什么? |
| [17:30] | I really think that’s a brand name or a logo. | 我想是个商标或者标志吧 |
| [17:32] | I think it looks like a J. | 有点像字母J |
| [17:34] | Or a T. | 或者T |
| [17:36] | – Did you see this? – What? | 看到吗? 什么? |
| [17:38] | That’s wax. | 是蜡 |
| [17:40] | What– See? | 看见吧? |
| [17:41] | That’s a clue! | 有线索了 |
| [17:43] | – Isn’t this fun? – No. | – 很有趣吧? – 不 |
| [17:44] | Hello! | 你们好 |
| [17:46] | I’m looking for Sam Spade. | 我找山姆史培德(小说中的侦探) |
| [17:48] | Nice place. Looks like a real office. | 这地方不赖 像真的办公室一样 |
| [17:51] | It is a real office. | 本来就是真的办公室 |
| [17:53] | I didn’t know you had it in you. How’s business? | 我还不知道你有这么一手 生意好么? |
| [17:55] | – Its– – It’s good-good-good. | – 生意 – 好好好 |
| [17:57] | We’re building a client base. One client at a time. | 我们在积累客户群 所以一次只接一个案子 |
| [17:59] | Really? What are you working on? | 真的? 你们在查什么? |
| [18:00] | We’re actually in the middle of something very big. | 我们查的可是大案 |
| [18:02] | Very exciting. Challenging. | 很刺激 有挑战性 |
| [18:03] | Homicide? | 谋杀案? |
| [18:05] | No, it’s more of a property damage thing. | 哈哈 确切说是件财产损失案 |
| [18:06] | Can’t really talk about it. Confidentiality. | 不能说得太明确 为客户保密 |
| [18:08] | – Is this Mitch? – No, that’s not Mitch! | 这个是Mitch? 不 不是Mitch |
| [18:11] | Does that look like Mitch? | 他很像Mitch? |
| [18:12] | – I don’t know. – That’s my grandfather. | 我不清楚 是我爷爷 |
| [18:14] | That’s Neville Davenport. He’s our patron saint. | Neville Davenport 是我们的守护神 |
| [18:16] | Was he a detective? | 他也是侦探? |
| [18:18] | Nah– No. | 不是 不是 |
| [18:19] | He was the famous toothpaste tycoon. | 他是著名的牙膏业大亨 |
| [18:22] | – Help me. – What? | 救我 |
| [18:24] | Help me! She’s gone mad. | 啊? 救救我 她疯了 |
| [18:26] | Actually, I was hoping that you might be able to help us. | 我们过来是 希望你能协助我们破案 |
| [18:29] | We hit a wall on that missing schoolteacher. | 有件女教师失踪案一直没有头绪 |
| [18:32] | – You got a minute? – Sure. | 你有时间么? |
| [18:33] | We might be missing something. | 当然有 我们一定是遗漏了什么 |
| [18:34] | Her car — we found it in a parking lot | 她的车 我们在距她家10英里的 |
| [18:36] | at a shopping mall ten miles from the house. | 一个商场的停车场找到的 |
| [18:38] | Was it locked? | 车锁了么? |
| [18:40] | Locked, no purse, no third party prints. | 锁了 钱包不在车里 也没有可疑指纹 |
| [18:43] | She told her husband that she was going shopping. | 她跟丈夫说去购物 |
| [18:45] | Either she lied to him, or he’s lying to us, | 要不是其中有人撒了谎 |
| [18:48] | or somebody grabbed her in the parking lot. | 要不就是有人在停车场打劫 |
| [18:50] | Where was he? | 她丈夫呢? |
| [18:51] | He says he was at home. | 他说当时自己在家 |
| [18:52] | He’s now admitting that they were on the rocks. | 他承认婚姻出了问题 |
| [18:55] | But I don’t think he’s the guy. | 但我不认为是他干的 |
| [18:56] | – Phone records? – We’re still checking. | 电话记录查了没? 我们在查 |
| [18:59] | Last seen wearing? | 她出门穿的是? |
| [19:00] | According to the husband, a light-colored dress, | 根据她丈夫回忆 是件深色套裙 |
| [19:02] | sweater, and a pair of yellow flip-flops. | 羊毛衫和一双黄色拖鞋 |
| [19:05] | I think I’m a little jealous. | 我要心理不平衡了 |
| [19:07] | Are you seeing other clients behind my back? | 我后面还有别的客户啊? |
| [19:09] | Ms. Fusco, no-no-no. | Fusco女士 不是这样 |
| [19:11] | These aren’t clients. These are former colleagues. | 这两位不是客户 是老同事 |
| [19:13] | This is Randy Disher, and this is– | 这位是Randy Disher |
| [19:15] | Captain Leland Stottlemeyer. | Leland Stottlemeyer队长 |
| [19:17] | Linda Fusco. | 我是Linda Fusco |
| [19:18] | I know who you are. | 我认识你 |
| [19:20] | I’ve seen your billboards. | 在广告牌上见过 |
| [19:22] | Actually, we just saw one yesterday. | 事实上 昨天我们才见过你 |
| [19:24] | Captain said that you looked really– | 队长说你很 |
| [19:27] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
| [19:28] | He didn’t say anything… | 他什么也没说 |
| [19:31] | which is strange, because he’s usually pretty talkative. | 好奇怪 他平时很健谈 |
| [19:34] | The sign said that you were the number one realtor | 广告牌上说你是北加利佛尼亚 |
| [19:36] | in Northern California. | 最好的房地产经纪人 |
| [19:37] | Tell me something I don’t know. | 说些我不知道的 |
| [19:39] | The elephant’s the only mammal that can’t jump. | 大象是唯一不能跳跃的哺乳动物 |
| [19:42] | Pardon me? | 什么? |
| [19:44] | You said tell you something you don’t know. | 你说 说些你不知道的 |
| [19:46] | And I told you that the only mammal who can’t jump | 所以我就告诉你地球上唯一 不能跳跃的哺乳动物 |
| [19:49] | is your elephant. | 是大象 |
| [19:52] | Ms. Fusco, can we help you? | Fusco小姐 有什么事吗? |
| [19:54] | Yes, I would like to drop this off. | 是的 我拿这个给你们 |
| [19:57] | Here is an estimate from the body shop. | 这是修车厂的估价 |
| [20:00] | My new bumper’s going to cost $900. | 我换个新的保险杠需要900美元 |
| [20:03] | And when you find this son-of-a-bitch, | 你找到那个狗杂种之后 |
| [20:05] | I want you to make him eat this. | 让他把这个给我吃了 |
| [20:07] | Wait a minute. This is your big case? | 等等 这就是你们的大案子? |
| [20:09] | A fender bender. | 挡泥板 |
| [20:11] | How’d you keep this out of the paper? | 你就接这种案子? |
| [20:12] | It is important to me, Captain Leland Stottlemeyer. | 这对我很重要Leland Stottlemeyer队长 |
| [20:17] | By the way, sorry about the divorce. | 对了 关于你离婚的事我表示遗憾 |
| [20:20] | I’ve been in real estate for 14 years, | 我在房地产业已经干了14年 |
| [20:22] | and I can smell divorce from 100 yards away. | 100码之外 我就能闻到离婚的味道 |
| [20:25] | Who’s couch are you sleeping on? | 你睡在谁的沙发上? |
| [20:28] | Actually, I’m not sleeping on a couch. | 事实上 我不睡在沙发上 |
| [20:30] | It’s a futon. | 是睡在蒲团上 |
| [20:32] | Thank you, Randy. | 多谢了 Randy |
| [20:34] | Well, when you are ready for your own apartment, | 你打算给自己找个公寓的时候 |
| [20:37] | why don’t you give me a call? | 就给我打个电话吧? |
| [20:41] | Maybe I will. | 也许吧 |
| [20:42] | Oh, I know you will. | 哦 你肯定会的 |
| [20:44] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
| [20:45] | I could show you a couple of things right now. | 我现在就可以带你去看几处 |
| [20:48] | As a matter of fact, I’ve got a little time right now. | 事实上 我现在还真有点时间 |
| [20:51] | My car or yours? | 坐我车还是你的? |
| [20:53] | No, I always do the driving. | 车一向由我开 |
| [20:57] | I’ll bet you do. | 我估计也是 |
| [21:00] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
| [21:03] | – Randy. – Yes, sir. | 是 头儿 |
| [21:04] | Why don’t you stay here? | 你就呆在这吧? |
| [21:06] | – And? – And not come with us. | 然后? |
| [21:10] | See you back at the station. | 不用跟我们一起 待会车站见 |
| [21:12] | Whoo! That was fast. | 喔 真够快的 |
| [21:14] | Captain Leland Studlemeyer. | Leland Studlemeyer队长 |
| [21:17] | Oh, hey, I’ve been there. | 哦 嘿 我去过那 |
| [21:19] | Where? | 哪儿? |
| [21:20] | Joel’s. It’s good. | Joel’s 很不错 |
| [21:21] | It’s a bar on Stanton. | 斯坦顿的一个酒吧 |
| [21:23] | I recognize the J. | 我认得这个 J |
| [21:24] | I told you that was a J. | 我就跟你说那是个 J |
| [21:28] | Is that important? | 很重要么? |
| [21:33] | Hi. | 嗨 |
| [21:35] | Hi, there. | 嗨 两位 |
| [21:37] | Welcome to Joel’s. | 欢迎来到Joel’s |
| [21:38] | Do you have a reservation? | 你们预订了吗? |
| [21:40] | Actually, we’d like to ask you a couple of questions. | 实际上 我们是来问你几个问题的 |
| [21:42] | – Do you have a card? – A card, yes. | 你带名片了吗? 名片 带了 |
| [21:47] | Well, give it to her. | 把名片给她 |
| [21:49] | She can see it. You can see it, right? | 她能看见 你能看见 对吧? |
| [21:52] | Uh. | 啊 |
| [21:55] | You’re a private eye. Yeah, is this– | 你是私家侦探 是的 这是… |
| [21:57] | Is this from here? | 这是这里的吗? |
| [21:59] | Yes, that’s one of our doggie bags. | 是 是打包袋上的 |
| [22:01] | Right, we found some wax on it. | 对 我们在上面发现一些蜡 |
| [22:03] | Blue and pink — thought it might be from a candle. | 蓝色和粉色 我想应该是蜡烛上的 |
| [22:06] | Yeah, was there anybody here celebrating a birthday here recently? | 恩 最近这里 有没有人庆祝生日什么的? |
| [22:08] | Maybe Tuesday night? | 比如周二的晚上? |
| [22:10] | We’re thinking he had a birthday cake | 我们认为他买了一个生日蛋糕 |
| [22:11] | and then brought it home in one of these bags. | 然后用某个袋子打包回家了 |
| [22:13] | Mm-hmm, yeah. There was this guy. | 恩 是的 有这么个人 |
| [22:14] | He was sitting over there. | 就坐在那里 |
| [22:16] | Can I help you with something, my man? | 有什么需要帮助的吗 伙计? |
| [22:18] | Oh yes, uh, this man is a private investigator. | 哦 有 这位是私家侦探 |
| [22:20] | And we would love– | 我们想… |
| [22:21] | Yeah, I wasn’t really talking to you, honey. | 我没跟你说话 亲爱的 |
| [22:23] | Can I help you with something, my man? | 我没跟你说话 亲爱的 有什么需要帮助的吗 伙计? |
| [22:24] | Maybe, maybe. | 也许 也许 |
| [22:26] | We’re looking for somebody who was here on Tuesday night. | 我们在找一个周二晚上在这里的人 |
| [22:29] | We don’t really talk about our customers. | 我们不会谈论顾客 |
| [22:30] | People come here, want privacy. | 人们来到这里 是想要一点隐私 |
| [22:32] | We respect that, so– | 我们很尊重这点 所以… |
| [22:34] | You guys should probably just take a hike. | 我想你们该离开了 |
| [22:35] | Here’s the thing. | 是这么回事 |
| [22:37] | The man I’m looking for may be responsible for a hit and run. | 我们在找的人跟一宗肇事逃逸案有关 |
| [22:41] | Good for him. Now beat it. | 祝他好运 走吧 |
| [22:43] | Here’s the thing– | 是这么回事 |
| [22:44] | Ah! | 啊 |
| [22:46] | That’s the thing. Get him out of here. | 就是这么回事 把他扔出去 |
| [22:49] | – Oh, Natalie. – Oh, God, Mr. Monk. | 哦 Natalie 哦 天哪 Monk先生 |
| [22:52] | Don’t try to talk. | 别说话 |
| [22:53] | For the love of God, I’m begging you. | 看在上帝的份上 我求你了 |
| [22:54] | – Let’s just go home, please. – Okay, okay, okay. | 我们回家吧 求你了 好吧好吧好吧 对不起 |
| [22:57] | Oh, God, are you okay? I’m so sorry about Hal. | 哦 天哪 你没事吧 Hal这样对你 真是抱歉 |
| [23:00] | He can be such a creep. Listen, listen. | 他就是个恶心的家伙 听着 听着 |
| [23:03] | This guy you’re looking for, okay, Jay Bennett. | 你们在找的那个家伙 叫Jay Bennett |
| [23:05] | He’s a regular. I think he’s a doctor. | 他是个常客 我记得是个医生 |
| [23:07] | – Thank you. – Yeah, yeah. | 谢谢 |
| [23:08] | – Oh, card. – What? | 对了 名片 什么? |
| [23:09] | Can you get the card back? She gave us a name. | 能把我的名片拿回来吗 她已经把名字告诉我们了 |
| [23:11] | – She doesn’t need the card. – W-W-W-Wait. | 她不需要名片了 等等 |
| [23:13] | Excuse me, do you still have that business card? | 对不起 你还拿着名片了吗? |
| [23:16] | Oh, yeah. Sorry, it’s a little bent. | 哦 是的 抱歉 有点折了 |
| [23:17] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
| [23:20] | Here, Mr. Monk. | 这呢 Monk先生 |
| [23:21] | Here, here, here. Here’s the card. | 这里这里这里 你的名片 |
| [23:23] | – Oh. – There, okay. | 哦 好了好了 |
| [23:24] | Watch your step. | 注意脚下 |
| [23:38] | Eggy doesn’t like you. | Eggy不喜欢你 |
| [23:40] | The feeling’s mutual. | 彼此彼此 |
| [23:41] | Let’s get this over with. You wanna count it? | 我们把这事解决了 你要数数吗? |
| [23:44] | It’s not enough. | 不够数 |
| [23:45] | What are you talking about? We have a deal. | 你什么意思?我们说好的 |
| [23:46] | That was before. | 那是之前 |
| [23:48] | Before what? | 什么之前? |
| [23:49] | Before a private investigator came poking around. | 私家侦探在这调查之前 |
| [23:58] | Monk? | |
| [24:00] | What’d you tell him? | 你跟他说什么了? |
| [24:01] | It’s what I didn’t tell him. | 应该问我 有什么没说 |
| [24:04] | I didn’t tell him that you left here on Tuesday night with a certain young lady | 我没说你在周二晚上 |
| [24:07] | and that you came back Wednesday morning, | 跟一个年轻女士一起离开 |
| [24:09] | and you were alone. | 却在周三早上 独自回来 |
| [24:11] | Now, if I’m gonna be talking to private eyes | 现在 如果想让我对私家侦探 |
| [24:12] | or maybe even the cops, | 或者警察不说什么 |
| [24:14] | it’s gonna be double. | 你要付双倍 |
| [24:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
| [24:25] | I’ll double it. | 我付双倍 |
| [24:27] | But after that, forget it. | 但在那之后 把这一切给我忘了 |
| [24:28] | Here’s the first half. | 这里是一半 |
| [24:37] | Ah! | 啊 |
| [24:51] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
| [24:59] | Uh. | 呃 你确定自己没事吗? |
| [25:00] | Are you sure you’re okay? | 当我还是个侦探或者顾问的时候 |
| [25:01] | When I was a detective or a consultant, | 当我还是个侦探或者顾问的时候 |
| [25:04] | I would point to the bad guy, and the cops would go in. | 我只需要指出谁是坏人 警察就会冲过去 |
| [25:07] | And they would get shot at, or beat up, | 他们挨枪子 挨打 |
| [25:10] | or hit in the stomach. | 或者被一拳打倒肚子上 |
| [25:11] | And it was a wonderful system. | 这样很好 |
| [25:12] | See, everybody was happy. | 看到没 大家都很满意 |
| [25:14] | Okay, Mr. Monk, we can’t just give up now. | 好了 Monk先生 我们不能现在放弃 |
| [25:16] | Oh, good. There it is. | 哦 很好 找到了 |
| [25:17] | J. Dr. J. Bennett. | |
| [25:19] | Okay. | Bennett医生 好了 |
| [25:21] | Please, please, please, please, please? | 拜托拜托拜托? |
| [25:35] | Ah. What? What do you think? | 啊 怎么?你想到什么了? |
| [25:37] | It’s been repaired recently. | 车子最近被修理过 |
| [25:39] | The headlights don’t match. | 车前灯跟原来的不配套 |
| [25:40] | That one’s new. | 那个很新 另一个则很脏 |
| [25:42] | The left one’s dirty. | 另一个则很脏 |
| [25:44] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗? Bennett先生? 是的 |
| [25:45] | – Dr. Bennett? – That’s right. | Bennett先生? 是的 |
| [25:47] | Hi, I’m Natalie Teeger, and this is my boss. | 嗨 我是Natalie Teeger 这位是我老板 |
| [25:48] | This is Adrian Monk. | 对 呃.. |
| [25:50] | – Monk? – Yes, uh– | 对 呃.. |
| [25:51] | I’m working for the San Francis– | 我为旧金山 |
| [25:54] | I mean, I’m, I’m, I’m, I’m– | 我是说 我是 我是… |
| [25:56] | I’m a consultant. | 我是个顾问 |
| [25:58] | I used to be a– | 曾经是 |
| [26:00] | I don’t know what the hell I am. | 我都不知道自己是干什么的了 |
| [26:01] | He’s a private investigator, Dr. Bennett. | 他是个私家侦探 Bennett医生 |
| [26:03] | Were you in the marina Wednesday morning? | 你周三的早上在码头吗? |
| [26:05] | No. | 没有 |
| [26:06] | You do keep a boat there, right? | 你那里有艘船 对吧? |
| [26:08] | Uh– | 呃… |
| [26:10] | All right. Let’s get this over with. | 好了 我们开门见山吧 |
| [26:11] | You know what happened on Wednesday morning and so do we. | 你我都知道周三早上发生了什么事 |
| [26:14] | – You do? – Are you gonna deny it? | 你知道? 你要否认吗? |
| [26:18] | I, uh– | 我 呃 |
| [26:20] | I don’t think I should talk about this. | 我觉得我不应该说这个 |
| [26:22] | I think I should call a lawyer. | 我应该找个律师 |
| [26:24] | No. Oh, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
| [26:26] | I don’t think we need to drag lawyers into this. | 我觉得不需要把律师扯进来 |
| [26:27] | They’re just gonna, you know– | 他们只是想 |
| [26:29] | “Blah, blah, blah.” | 你知道 |
| [26:30] | Make a federal case out of it. It was an accident, right? | 过分夸大事实 是个意外 对吗? 是的 |
| [26:33] | That’s right. | 我是说 这种事每天都会发生 对吧? |
| [26:34] | I mean, these things happen every day, right? | 我是说 这种事每天都会发生 对吧? |
| [26:36] | Uh, well– | 呃… |
| [26:38] | – It’s not a big deal. – Not a big deal? | 不是没什么大事 不是大事? |
| [26:42] | What kind of cop are you? | 你们是什么警察呀? |
| [26:43] | Come on, you pay a few bucks. | 就这样 你付上几美元 |
| [26:45] | Everybody walks away. | 大家都各得其所 |
| [26:46] | It’s like it never happened. | 就此风平浪静 你在说什么? 你在说什么? |
| [26:48] | – What are you talking about? | – What are you talking about? |
| [26:51] | – What are you talking about? – What’s he talking about? | 你在说什么? 他在说什么? |
| [26:52] | We’re talking about this. | 我们说的是这个 |
| [26:55] | We have a client. You hit her Buick. | 我们有个客户 你撞了她的别克 |
| [26:58] | And you damaged the fender. | 撞坏了挡泥板 |
| [27:00] | Her fender? | 挡泥板? 是的 要花她900美元 |
| [27:01] | Yes, it’s going to cost her $900. | 是的 要花她900美元 |
| [27:03] | Plus, I think an apology would be nice. | 另外 我想如果你能道歉会更好 |
| [27:06] | Yeah, what did you think we were talking about? | 你以为我们在说什么? |
| [27:08] | I don’t know, but you got the wrong guy. | 我不知道 但你们找错人了 |
| [27:11] | Wrong guy? Come on. | 我周三早上没在码头 |
| [27:15] | It’s a new headlight. | 我好几周都没去过那了 那个车前灯是新的 |
| [27:18] | You’re so smart? Prove it. | 你是个聪明人?证明给我看 |
| [27:20] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
| [27:26] | Hold on. Wait a minute. | 等等 等等 |
| [27:28] | – I don’t believe this. – What? | – 难以置信 – 怎么? |
| [27:30] | I’m actually starting to care about this case. | 我得重新关注这件案子了 |
| [27:33] | This stupid $900 fender bender. | 那个价值900美金的挡泥板 |
| [27:37] | How the hell did that happen? | 究竟是怎么回事? |
| [27:40] | There’s brand-new carpeting. | 崭新的地毯 |
| [27:42] | There’s a washer and dryer in the basement. | 地下室还有洗衣机与烘干机 |
| [27:44] | And there is a park right down the street for your kids. | 街边有一家公园 |
| [27:47] | When they come to visit. | 您的孩子可以尽情嬉戏玩耍 |
| [27:51] | The one that we saw yesterday was bigger, right? | 昨天我们看的那间更大些 |
| [27:53] | That’s true, but this one has a better view. | 是的 但这间的位置更好 |
| [27:57] | How you figure? | 为何? 对面公寓 |
| [28:00] | You see this condo here with the umbrella on the balcony? | 阳台上有把雨伞的那家 看到了么? |
| [28:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
| [28:05] | That’s me. | 那是我家 |
| [28:09] | You’re right. The view is better. | 如你所说 |
| [28:12] | How much is it? | 位置不错 月租多少? |
| [28:14] | It’s $2,250 a month, plus utilities. | 一个月2250美金 包括水电 |
| [28:23] | I don’t know. | 我还有有些举棋不定 |
| [28:24] | Leland | Leland, it’s been five months. |
| [28:27] | It’s time to do this. | 都过去五个月了 是时候做些改变了 |
| [28:29] | Do you think? | 你的意思呢? |
| [28:32] | Unfortunately, I speak from experience. | 经验之谈 |
| [28:35] | I know you’re in pain, but you can’t go around it. | 我知道你依然心痛不已 |
| [28:38] | You gotta go through it. | 但不能一味沉溺其中 你得学会坚强 |
| [28:40] | Besides, we’ll have something in common. | 而且 |
| [28:43] | Really? What’s that? | 我们也有共同点 真的? |
| [28:45] | I’ll have a better view too. | 是什么? 我家的位置也不错 |
| [28:51] | Okay, there it is. That’s his boat. | 就是这了 那就是他的船 |
| [28:54] | All right, so his car wasn’t in the lot, so, uh– | 他的车没在 – |
| [28:57] | – Let’s do it. – Wait. | 行动吧 – 等等 |
| [28:59] | Don’t. We don’t have a warrant. | – 不要 – 我们还没拿到搜查令 |
| [29:01] | We don’t need a warrant. It’s a boat. | 只是上船看看而已 不需要搜查令 |
| [29:04] | Well, that’s completely false, | 主意不错 |
| [29:06] | but it sounds good. | 但不合法规 大错特错 – |
| [29:09] | – Let’s do it. – Wait. | 走吧 – 等等 |
| [29:10] | I can’t go. | 我上不去 |
| [29:11] | The boat is on the water. | 船在水上 |
| [29:13] | I don’t do water. | 我不习水性 |
| [29:15] | You can’t swim? | 你不会游泳? |
| [29:17] | To be honest, I don’t know. | 老实说 我不知道 |
| [29:19] | You don’t know. | 你不知道 |
| [29:20] | I mean, I know how to swim… | 我知道怎么游 |
| [29:23] | technically. | 纸上谈兵 |
| [29:24] | I’ve just never… | 只是从未 |
| [29:26] | actually, you know, done it. | 亲身实践 |
| [29:28] | All right, I took a correspondence course. | 我上过相关的函授课程 |
| [29:30] | You learned to swim by mail? | 你在网上学游泳? |
| [29:32] | They sent me a little diploma. | 他们还发给我一张证书呢 |
| [29:34] | And this. | 还有这个 |
| [29:38] | “Swimming Fundamentals. | 游泳基本技巧 |
| [29:39] | Don’t panic. | 不要紧张 |
| [29:41] | Breathe normally. | 正常呼吸 |
| [29:43] | – Keep kicking.” – Can I have that back? | – 不停划水 – 可以给我了么 |
| [29:44] | Why did you even take the course? | 你从未下过水 |
| [29:46] | – You never go near the water. – Hello? Tsunamis. | 却要学习这类课程 |
| [29:48] | Mr. Monk. | – 拜托 为了应对海啸 – Monk先生 |
| [29:49] | You don’t have to worry. You’re not even gonna get wet. | 别担心 你不会沾到水的 |
| [29:51] | Look, look, look, look. | 你看 |
| [29:52] | That boat is tied to the dock. | 船就栓在码头 |
| [29:53] | The dock is bolted down. | 码头与岸边紧紧相连 |
| [29:55] | It’s like part of the land. I’ll stay here. | 走上去如履平地 我会站在那 |
| [29:57] | If Dr. Bennett shows up, I’ll whistle. | Bennett医生一出现 我就以口哨示意 |
| [30:08] | Leap, and a net will appear. | 勇往直前 |
| [30:52] | Kelp. | 海藻 |
| [31:13] | Jump. Jump on. | 跳呀 跳上去 |
| [31:24] | Jump. | 跳呀 |
| [31:49] | Just jump. | 跳呀 |
| [31:57] | Go, go. | 快 |
| [33:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
| [33:14] | Hey, fella. | |
| [33:16] | Hey, remember me? | 还认得我么? |
| [33:17] | What’s wrong? | What’s wrong? 你是不是饿了? |
| [33:21] | Oh, my God. | Oh, my God. 哦 天那 |
| [33:25] | Oh, my God. | 哦 |
| [33:27] | Oh, my God. | 天那 哦 |
| [33:51] | It says, uh, personal reference. | 天那 个人证明 |
| [34:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [34:03] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
| [34:07] | Excuse me. Stottlemeyer. | 不好意思 |
| [34:11] | Captain, it’s me. It’s Natalie. | 队长 我是Natalie |
| [34:13] | I’m at the marina. | 我在码头这呢 |
| [34:14] | I’m at Pier 24. | 24号码头 |
| [34:15] | Natalie, I’m a little busy right now. | Natalie 我在忙呢 |
| [34:17] | There’s a body. It’s in the water. | 水中有具尸体 |
| [34:19] | I think it’s Bill Gibbard. | 我想是Bill Gibbard |
| [34:20] | Mr. Monk and I were just talking to him yesterday. | 就在昨天 我和Monk刚刚与他聊过 |
| [34:26] | Okay, listen, don’t touch anything. | 听着 别碰任何东西 |
| [34:28] | I’ll call the harbor patrol. | 我会通知港口巡逻队 我马上就到 |
| [34:29] | – I’ll be there in a minute. – Okay, okay. | 好 |
| [34:32] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天那 |
| [34:34] | No, no, no, no, Mr. Monk! | 不要 Monk先生 |
| [34:36] | Mr. Monk! | Monk先生 哦 天那 |
| [34:37] | Oh, God. | 哦 |
| [34:56] | – Stottlemeyer. – Sir. | 天那 – |
| [34:58] | – How you doing? – Right this way. | 长官 这边走 |
| [35:33] | Hey, lieutenant. What’s going on? | 副队 情况如何? |
| [35:36] | Oh, you know, a little bit of everything. | 小麻烦 |
| [35:38] | Got a local fisherman — drowned. | 一名本地渔民溺水 |
| [35:40] | M.E.’s on his way. | 验尸官正在途中 |
| [35:42] | And Monk is stowed away on a boat. | Monk偷上了小艇 |
| [35:43] | – And the boat took off. – What? | 小艇却开走了 什么? |
| [35:45] | We were working on Linda’s case. | 我们正调查Linda那件案子 |
| [35:47] | The fender bender? | 那件轻微事故? |
| [35:48] | Yeah, we have a suspect — Jay Bennett. | 我们发现一个嫌犯 Jay Bennett |
| [35:50] | And Mr. Monk snuck on the boat to look around. | Monk偷偷溜上游艇 看看有何线索 |
| [35:53] | It’s all my fault. I just kept on pushing him. | 都怪我 一直逼他 |
| [35:55] | Jay Bennett. Dr. Jay Bennett? | Jay Bennett医生? |
| [35:58] | That name just came up on the missing schoolteacher, | 与失踪教师一案有牵连的那人? |
| [36:01] | Anna Pollard. | |
| [36:02] | His name’s all over the phone records, too. | 电话记录上 也都显示是他 |
| [36:04] | I was just going through them. Dr. Jay Bennett. | 我正要去调查此事 Jay Bennett医生 |
| [36:09] | Tuesday night. | 星期二的晚上 |
| [36:11] | Tuesday night, he dumped her body in the bay. | 星期二的晚上 他在海湾弃尸 |
| [36:13] | And then he came back here… | 接着逃到这来 |
| [36:15] | He must’ve hit your car in the parking lot while he was leaving. | 他要离开时 在停车场撞到了你的车 |
| [36:19] | That’s why he didn’t leave his name on the note. | 所以他没在纸条上留名 |
| [36:21] | He could not admit that he’d been here. | 他不想承认 他来过这 |
| [36:23] | We need to intercept the boat. | 我们得截住那条船 |
| [36:24] | How soon can you get a cutter out here? | 海上增援什么时候能到? |
| [36:25] | 10, maybe 15 minutes. | 10到15分钟后 |
| [36:27] | Damn it. | 靠 |
| [36:28] | I have a boat. | 我有艘船 |
| [36:38] | This isn’t about a dented fender, is it? | 无关撞车案 是么? |
| [36:42] | You figured that out, huh, Mr. Private Eye? | 你终于知道了 私家侦探 |
| [36:45] | Is this where you killed her? | 你在这杀的她? |
| [36:47] | Back up. | 退后 |
| [36:49] | Against the railing. | 靠着栏杆 |
| [36:53] | Here’s the thing. | 有件事不得不说 |
| [36:54] | I don’t really think I can swim. | 我不会游泳 |
| [36:57] | I took a course. | 虽然上过课 |
| [36:59] | But I… I never actually, technically– | 却从未下水实践 |
| [37:02] | It doesn’t matter. | 无关紧要 |
| [37:03] | You’re gonna be dead before you hit the water. | 你落水之前 |
| [37:07] | First… | 就会一命呜呼 还有 |
| [37:08] | the shoe. | 这鞋 |
| [37:26] | Ugh, agh. | |
| [38:19] | “Don’t panic.” Forget that. | 不要惊慌 |
| [38:20] | “Breath normally. | 保持正常呼吸 |
| [38:22] | Flutter kicks. Hand over–“ | 上下打水 双手平伸 |
| [39:27] | Right. | 好 |
| [39:29] | Bennett’s in custody. | 抓到了Bennett |
| [39:30] | Coast Guard just intercepted his boat. | 海岸警卫队截住了他的船 |
| [39:32] | Was Mr. Monk with him? | Monk是否也在? |
| [39:40] | Hey, there he is! There’s Monk! | 看那 Monk |
| [39:42] | Where? Ha! | – 哪? – 哈 |
| [39:44] | 20 degrees to port. | 左舷20度 |
| [39:45] | Is he swimming? | 他在游泳? |
| [39:46] | What’s that beside him? Is it a life preserver? | 他身边的是什么? |
| [39:50] | Ah, looks like a toilet seat. | 好象是马桶座圈 |
| [39:52] | Well, if it’s floating, why doesn’t he just grab it? | 他怎么不抓住那个漂浮物呢? |
| [39:56] | – Too hard to explain. – Complicated story. | 一言难尽 怪事一桩 |
| [39:58] | Monk It’s just a weird thing. | |
| [39:59] | – Monk! – Hey! | 嘿 |
| [40:07] | What? | 什么? |
| [40:12] | What did he say? | 他在嘀咕什么? |
| [40:13] | He said, “Leap and a net will appear, my ass.” | 他说 走过去 前面是片天 |
| [40:15] | Oh, God. I’m so sorry. | 哦 真是对不起 |
| [40:17] | Here, here, here. Here’s some tea. | 这是热茶 |
| [40:18] | S-S-Southeast barrier. | 东南关卡 |
| [40:20] | Southeast barrier? What about it? | 东南关卡? 什么意思? |
| [40:21] | Her body– | 她的尸体 |
| [40:22] | That’s where he dumped her. | 那是弃尸地点 |
| [40:24] | – He told you that? – No. | – 他说的? – 不 |
| [40:26] | Kelp. Bull kelp. | 海藻 宽大的海藻 |
| [40:28] | It was on his anchor. | 他的船锚上带有海藻 |
| [40:30] | It was still wet from the b-barrier. | 就挂在栅栏上 还是湿的 |
| [40:34] | Okay, we’ll get some divers out there straight away. | 马上派潜水员打捞 |
| [40:37] | This is Disher. | 我是Disher |
| [40:38] | We need divers out at the southeast barrier. | 请速派潜水员到东南关卡处 |
| [40:41] | Oh, Mr. Monk, I’m sorry. | 真是对不起 |
| [40:43] | I’m sorry. Sorry. | 真是对不起 |
| [40:46] | I’m sorry about the net thing. | 真是对不起 |
| [41:02] | Oh! | 喔 |
| [41:11] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
| [41:13] | It’s next to the refrigerator. | 冰箱旁边 |
| [41:20] | The other side. | 那边 |
| [41:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [41:31] | See you around the neighborhood. | 回见 |
| [41:34] | I guess you will. | 我想你会的 |
| [41:45] | All right. | 很好 |