时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:34] | Ben. | |
[00:36] | Hey, partner. Merry Christmas. | 嘿 搭档 圣诞快乐 |
[00:40] | When are you gonna break down and buy a car? | 什么时候打算出血本买辆汽车啊? |
[00:42] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[00:43] | I own 72 rigs. Why should I buy a car? | 我有72辆卡车 为什么还要买一辆汽车? |
[00:46] | And what the hell are you wearing there? | 你为什么穿成这样? |
[00:48] | I know, it’s pretty awful. It’s from the Christmas party. | 我知道 很恐怖 这是圣诞聚会的装扮 |
[00:51] | Guess who my Secret Santa was? | – 猜猜谁是我的秘密圣诞老人? |
[00:53] | – Monk – Hmm? – Monk. | – 嗯? |
[00:54] | Monk. | 我本以为你会炒掉他呢 |
[00:55] | I thought you were gonna fire his ass. | 我本以为你会炒掉他呢 |
[00:57] | I didn’t have the heart. You know, it’s Christmas. | 我没那打算 现在可是圣诞节 |
[00:59] | Hell, I’ll do it. | 是吗 我会这样做 |
[01:00] | It should’ve been done a long time ago. | 很早以前就应该这样做了 |
[01:02] | So what’s so important, hmm? | 有什么重要事情吗? |
[01:04] | We’re being audited | 我们被审计查帐了 |
[01:05] | or the depot burn down or something? | 还是仓库着火了? |
[01:13] | Looks like you were in my office. | 看上去就好像你在我办公室里 |
[01:15] | It’s our office, Ben. We’re partners, remember? | 是我们的办公室 Ben 我们是好搭档 记得吗? |
[01:17] | At least I thought so. There are forgeries. | 至少我是这样想的 这些是复印件 |
[01:19] | Kenneth, you’re an accountant. | Kenneth 你是个会计师 |
[01:21] | You don’t know the first thing about maintenance. | 你根本不需要为生活愁苦 |
[01:24] | Do I have to call Chicago and crosscheck these invoices? | 需要我打电话到 Chicago 反复查证这些发票单吗? |
[01:26] | Because I will. | 我会这样做的 |
[01:28] | Y-you been buying recycled parts for these rigs | 你 你一直为这些车买二手零件 |
[01:31] | and pocketing the difference? | 然后吞了差价? |
[01:32] | I don’t believe this. You know, after nine years– | 我不相信 你要知道 |
[01:34] | It’s not just the money. | 经过九年的- – 不仅仅是钱的事 |
[01:35] | We have 72 drivers on the road. Now, what if something happens? | 我们有72名司机在工作 现在 如果发生了什么事怎么办? |
[01:38] | Hey, partner, relax. | 嘿 搭档 放松 |
[01:41] | Because unless you have proof, | 因为除非你有证据 |
[01:42] | and I mean real proof– | 我指的是确凿的证据 |
[01:43] | I have proof. Yeah? | – 我有 |
[01:45] | There’s proof in every engine | – 什么? 证据在每辆正常工作的卡车里 |
[01:47] | in every truck in the fleet. | 在每一个发动机里 |
[01:48] | You want proof? You want to see proof? | 你想要证据? 你想看证据? 我知道得非常清楚 |
[01:52] | I know enough, my friend. | 我知道得非常清楚 我的朋友 |
[01:55] | Exhibit “A”. | 展览品一号 |
[01:57] | That manifold. | 看看这发动机 |
[01:59] | Now according to this, it’s brand-new. | 看看这发动机 按上面说的 里面应该是全新的 |
[02:02] | Look at it. The gasket’s loose. | 看看这个 这个垫圈已经松了 |
[02:04] | It’s all rusted out. | 里面全都生锈了 如果那个坏掉了 整个发动机会爆的 |
[02:05] | If that thing cracks, the whole engine’s gonna blow. | 如果那个坏掉了 整个发动机会爆的 |
[02:06] | I don’t want that responsibility– | 我不想让这个责任 |
[02:10] | Hey–Hey, cut me loose, Ben! | 嘿 嘿 帮我解开 Ben! |
[02:16] | Ben, cut me loose! | Ben 帮我解开! |
[02:19] | Cut me loose, Ben! | 帮我解开 Ben! 拜托! |
[02:20] | Please! | 拜托! |
[02:22] | Ben! | |
[02:25] | What are you doing?! | 你在干吗呢?! |
[02:30] | Aah! | |
[03:45] | Mmm, they smell great. | 嗯 闻上去棒极了 |
[03:47] | Yeah. Oh, can I have that one? | – 是啊 – 哦 我能拿一个吗? |
[03:49] | Mr. Monk, you have to wait. They’re for the party. | Monk先生 你要耐心等待 这些是为聚会做准备的 |
[03:51] | Please, j-j-just that one, that Christmas tree. | 拜托了 就 就 就一个 那个圣诞树形状的 |
[03:54] | No see, then you’ll want another one. | 不 你会还想再要一个 |
[03:56] | Then she’ll want one. I didn’t make enough. | 然后她会跟着要 我没做那么多 |
[03:58] | Natalie! Please, please. | Natalie! 拜托了 |
[03:59] | Just one cookie. One stupid cookie. | 就是一块饼干 就一块该死的饼干 |
[04:03] | I’m–I’m beseeching you. | 我在 我在恳求你呢 |
[04:05] | I promise I’ll never ask for anything else. | 我发誓我不会再要别的了 |
[04:07] | Please. | 拜托 |
[04:08] | Please, I gotta have that cookie! | 拜托 我一定要那块该死的饼干! |
[04:10] | Okay, fine. Take the cookie. | 好的 好的 你拿走吧 |
[04:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:20] | That was a little crooked. What’s up with that elf? | 那个做的有点扭曲 这个精灵怎么了? |
[04:22] | Mr. Monk, the elf is perfect. | Monk先生 这个精灵很好 |
[04:24] | – A little droopy– – No, no, no, no! | – 看上去无精打采的- – – 不 不 不 不! |
[04:29] | Telephone for you. | 你的电话 |
[04:32] | Julie, do not let him touch those cookies. | Julie 不要让他碰这些饼干 |
[04:34] | Hello? | – 那好 – 你好? Julie 不要 |
[04:36] | Julie. Give it to me. | 是的 队长 |
[04:37] | Yes, captain, he’s right here. Yeah, I’ll tell him. | 他就在这里 不要这样 |
[04:40] | – Just give it to me. – No, Mr. Monk. Stop. Stop. | 把它给我 |
[04:43] | O-okay. I’ll tell him. | 好 好的 我会告诉他的 |
[04:46] | Julie Stop. | |
[04:47] | Julie, it’s okay. | 别玩了 |
[04:50] | Mr. Monk, you can have any cookie you want. | Monk先生 你想拿什么饼干就拿吧 |
[04:52] | – Yeah. – Mom… what happened? | – 好啊 – 妈妈 什么事? |
[04:56] | It’s your father. | 是你爸爸 |
[05:00] | My father? | 我爸爸? |
[05:02] | I almost forgot you had a father. | 我都快忘了你还有爸爸 |
[05:04] | Honey, everybody has a father. | 亲爱的 每个人都有爸爸 |
[05:06] | Well, it’s just you don’t mention him very much. | 哦 只不过你没怎么提起过他 |
[05:10] | Not everyone has a father worth mentioning. | 并不是每个父亲都值得被提起 |
[05:22] | He’s downtown. | 他在市区 |
[05:26] | He’s in jail. | 他在监狱里 |
[05:35] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见他是在什么时候? |
[05:37] | Ah, it was a lifetime ago. | 啊 就好像是上辈子的事 |
[05:39] | I was eight years old. | 那时我8岁 |
[05:42] | He said he was going downtown to pick up some dinner. | 他说他要去市区 为晚餐准备点东西 |
[05:45] | And I watched him drive away. | 我看着他开车远走 |
[05:47] | He waved to me. | 他还向我挥手 |
[05:49] | I’ll never forget that. | 我永远都不会忘记 |
[05:51] | How he waved. | 他挥手的方式 |
[05:57] | Then he was gone. | 然后他就消失了 |
[06:01] | My childhood was over. | 我的童年也就结束了 |
[06:06] | My mother… | 我的母亲… |
[06:08] | never laughed again. | 从那时起就再未笑过 |
[06:12] | Families are always complicated. | 清官难断家务事啊 |
[06:16] | It wasn’t complicated. | 这又不复杂 |
[06:20] | He just waved, | 他只是挥挥手 |
[06:22] | then he was gone. | 然后就消失了 |
[06:24] | Let’s see here. | 看看这里 |
[06:27] | Jack Monk. | |
[06:31] | They picked him up for a traffic violation. | 因违反交通而被逮捕 |
[06:33] | He ran a red light. | 他闯红灯 |
[06:35] | What? They brought him in for that? | 他们就为这个逮捕他? |
[06:38] | Yeah, well, he resisted arrest. He shoved the cop. | 很明显 他拒捕 他猛推了警察 |
[06:41] | When they brought him in for booking, | 他们带他到这里做笔录时 |
[06:42] | he started asking for you. | 他开始询问你的事 |
[06:44] | We got him in a holding cell upstairs. | 我们把他关在楼上的羁押室里 |
[06:46] | His rig is parked in the impound lot out back. | 他的卡车就停在外面的后院 |
[06:50] | What rig? | 什么卡车? |
[06:51] | His rig. It’s a tractor trailer. | 他的卡车 是集装箱拖头 |
[06:53] | Your dad is a truck driver. | 你爸爸是个卡车司机 |
[06:55] | I don’t think so. | 我不这样想 |
[06:57] | He’s a writer. | 他是个作家 |
[06:58] | He writes school books. | 他编写学校教材 |
[07:02] | You two obviously have a lot to talk about. | 看来你们俩有话题可以谈了 |
[07:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[07:14] | I’m speed reading. | 我在快速阅读 |
[07:16] | What’s your rush? | 你为什么这么急? |
[07:17] | I’m old. | 我很老了 |
[07:18] | Jack Monk | Jack Monk, your son is here. |
[07:27] | I’m looking at you… | 你儿子来了 我看着你 |
[07:29] | but I see your mother. | 就像看到你妈妈 |
[07:32] | Um, no. | 嗯 我不是 |
[07:34] | I’m Leland Stottlemeyer, sir. | 我是Leland Stottlemeyer |
[07:36] | This is Adrian. | 这位是Adrian |
[07:39] | That man looks just like your mother. | 那个人看上去很像你妈 |
[07:42] | Adrian… | |
[07:44] | how are you? | 你好吗? |
[07:47] | How am I? | 我好吗? |
[07:49] | Is that what you said? | 这就是你要说的吗? |
[07:51] | Yes, how are you? | 是的 你好啊? |
[07:52] | That’s a rather conventional salutation. | 这是个很普通的见面问候 |
[07:55] | In Texas, people use it all the time. | 在Texas州 人们一直都这样说 |
[07:57] | – Texas? – Yeah, yeah, Midland. | – 是的 中部 |
[07:59] | I got a place in Midland, but I’m hardly ever there. | 我在中部居住 但是我很少来这里 |
[08:02] | I’m driving 18-wheelers. Long hauls. | 我开着18个轮子的车 跑长途 |
[08:05] | “I travel for travel’s sake | “我旅游是为了旅游者的天性” |
[08:07] | to come down off of this featherbed of civilization.” | “为了远离这所谓的世俗文明” |
[08:10] | Robert Louis | Robert Louis Stevenson. |
[08:12] | Jack, I don’t want to hear that. | Stevenson说的 Jack 我并不想听这些 |
[08:14] | You called me. I’m here. What do you want? | 你找我 我来了 你想要干什么? |
[08:17] | For one thing you can call me “Dad.” | 就为了你能叫声”爸爸” |
[08:24] | Un-uh. | 嗯 嗯 |
[08:26] | I’ll settle for “Pops.” | “爹”也可以 |
[08:28] | “Pappy?” | “老爸”? |
[08:30] | You know, forget about it. I’m getting used to Jack. | 算了 不管那么多 我已经习惯叫做Jack了 |
[08:33] | What do I want from you? Two things. | 我想要你干什么? 两件事 |
[08:35] | “A,” forgive me. Forgive your father. | 第一 原谅我 原谅你的父亲 |
[08:40] | I was negligent. I was selfish. | 我很粗心 我很自私 |
[08:43] | And I’m very sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[08:45] | “B,” get me the hell out of Dodge. | 第二 赶快把我从这里带走 |
[08:48] | But if you can do one, I’ll take “B.” | 但是如果你只能做一件事 就做第二件事 |
[08:50] | I gotta be in Phoenix early in the morning. | 明天早上我要赶到Phoenix |
[08:52] | That’s why you called me? | 你就是为了这个找我的? |
[08:54] | After 39 years. | 39年后 |
[08:57] | To fix a parking ticket? | 就为了帮你搞定告票? |
[08:58] | I know you can do it. | 我知道你做得到 |
[09:00] | I’ve been reading all about you. You are a hotshot detective. | 我经常在报上读到你 你是我一直引以为豪的 |
[09:04] | Which I take a little bit of credit for. | 超级神探 |
[09:07] | Oh. | 哦 是谁每晚给你读福尔摩斯的? |
[09:08] | Who read Sherlock Holmes to you every night? | 是谁每晚给你读福尔摩斯的? |
[09:10] | “Holmes, oh, you amaze me.” | “福尔摩斯 哦 你让我着迷” 记得不? |
[09:15] | Adrian, here’s the thing. | Adrian 事情是这样的 |
[09:17] | If I don’t get to Phoenix in the morning, | 如果我早上不能赶到Phoenix |
[09:20] | I lose the job. | 我会失业的 |
[09:22] | And this gig, it’s my life. | 这辆车是我的生命 |
[09:28] | What do you say? | 你怎么说? |
[09:33] | I say goodbye. | 我说再见 |
[09:38] | Monk. | |
[09:40] | Hey, Monk, look. He’s not a young man. | 嘿 Monk 听着 他已不再年轻 |
[09:42] | If you walk away now, you might never see him again. | 如果你现在就走 以后可能再也见不到他了 |
[09:44] | You promise? | 你确定? |
[10:09] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[10:10] | Yeah? | 怎么? |
[10:11] | Hello. I’m Randy Disher. | 你好 我叫Randy Disher |
[10:13] | I work with your son. | 我与你儿子一起工作 |
[10:15] | This is an honor. | 这是无比光荣的 |
[10:16] | And a pleasure and a privilege. | 是一种享受 也是一种特权 |
[10:18] | Why? | 为什么? |
[10:20] | I–I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[10:22] | I just thought it was an honor and a pleasure. | 我只是觉得会很光荣和享受的 |
[10:27] | I could be wrong. | 我也许想错了 |
[10:30] | Uh… | |
[10:32] | Here’s your release. You’re free to go. | 这是你的释放证 – 你可以走了 – 哦 太好了 |
[10:34] | Oh, great. Okay. | 好的 |
[10:36] | I thought after I’m done with this run | 我想也许等我跑完了这趟 |
[10:39] | I would stop by and we could talk. | 我会过来 我们可以小聚一下 |
[10:41] | – You know, catch up a little– – Don’t say that. | 聊聊天 不说这个 |
[10:43] | Don’t say anything. | 什么也别说 |
[10:46] | Just go. | 直接走吧 |
[10:48] | And when you drive away, don’t wave. | 等你走的时候 不要挥手 |
[10:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:52] | Well, Merry Christmas anyway. | 不管怎样 圣诞快乐 |
[10:54] | Right, right. | 好的 好的 |
[10:58] | Ask him. | 邀请他 |
[10:59] | Ask him what? | 邀请他什么? |
[11:01] | You know what. Ask him. | 你知道的 邀请他 |
[11:08] | – Jack… – Yeah. | 怎么 |
[11:12] | Long as you’re here, with don’t you stay | 既然你在这里 为什么不留下来 |
[11:14] | and have Christmas dinner with Ambrose and me. | 与我和Ambrose一起过圣诞节呢 |
[11:17] | It’d mean the world to him. | 这对他来说意义重大 |
[11:18] | I wish I could. | 我也希望如此 |
[11:19] | I’m already three hours behind. | 但我已经晚了3个小时 |
[11:21] | Ah. He wishes he could. | 他说他也希望如此 |
[11:23] | You could come with me. | 你可以与我一起 |
[11:26] | With you? | 与你? |
[11:27] | Yeah. | 是的 你3天后就可以回来 |
[11:28] | You’ll be back here in three days. | 你3天后就可以回来 |
[11:32] | I don’t think so. | 恐怕不行 |
[11:33] | Okay, maybe another time. | 好吧 那下次吧 |
[11:36] | Take care. | 保重 |
[11:40] | What? I can’t just leave. | 什么? 我不能就这样走 |
[11:42] | I–I don’t have my toothbrush. | 我 我没带我的牙刷 |
[11:43] | I can’t travel without my toothbrush. | 我不能不带牙刷就走 |
[11:45] | – You can buy a toothbrush. – Or my pillow case | – 你可以再买一个 – 还有我的枕头 |
[11:47] | or my Trudy kit or my house. | 还有我的Trudy针线盒 还有我的居家音乐 |
[11:49] | I never go anywhere without my house. | 我去哪都带着我的居家音乐 |
[11:51] | You can buy all that stuff, Monk. | 这些东西你都可以买到的 Monk |
[11:52] | What you can’t buy is another shot. | 但是有些东西是你买不到的 |
[12:03] | Jack, wait up. | Jack 等一下 |
[12:06] | Wait up. | 等一下 |
[12:07] | Other side. | 从另一边上 |
[13:00] | Ahh. | |
[13:02] | You thirsty? | 你渴吗? |
[13:03] | N-No. No, thank you. | 不 不 谢谢你 |
[13:05] | What? | 怎么了? |
[13:06] | Oh. | 噢 |
[13:07] | Here, look. I’m wiping. | 这里 看 我擦了 |
[13:09] | Come on. | 喝吧 |
[13:11] | Here. | 给你 |
[13:12] | You still got that thing about germs, huh? | 你依然很在意那些细菌 对吗? |
[13:16] | I’m not surprised. | 我并不惊讶 |
[13:17] | Your mother said you would outgrow it, | 你妈妈说你会随年纪增长改掉的 |
[13:19] | but I tried to tell her people don’t change. | 但是我试图说服她人性不会改变 |
[13:21] | They say they’re gonna change. | 人们说他们会变 |
[13:23] | They swear to God they’re gonna change. | 他们对天发誓说自己会变 |
[13:25] | But at the end of the day, you are who you are. | 但是不到一天 你就又旧态复萌了 |
[13:28] | So how was your childhood? | 你的童年怎样? |
[13:31] | Oh, it was great. | 哦 很好 |
[13:33] | It was a laugh riot. You should’ve been there. | 整天欢声笑语 你本该在的 |
[13:36] | Hmph. You’re right. I should’ve been there. | 嗯 你说得对 我本应该在的 |
[13:37] | But I’m here now. | 但此刻我在了 |
[13:39] | I’m here too. | 我也是 |
[13:41] | Do–Do you hear that? | 你听到了吗? |
[13:44] | Sounds like a rattle. | 像是什么奇怪的声音 |
[13:47] | Look, relax, relax. | 听着 放松 放松 |
[13:49] | Do you want to drive? | 你想开吗? |
[13:50] | Uh, no. | 嗯 不 |
[13:51] | Come on, it’s easy. | 来吧 这很简单 |
[13:53] | It’s like shifting gears. It’s like riding a bike. | 就是不断的变速 就好像骑自行车 |
[13:54] | I can’t ride a bike. | 我不会骑自行车 |
[13:56] | You can’t ride a bicycle? | 你不会骑自行车? |
[13:57] | I never learned. | 我从未学过 |
[13:59] | No one ever taught me. | 没有人教过我 |
[14:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:03] | You want to get into it? Let’s get into it. | 你想要知道真相吗? 让我告诉你 |
[14:06] | Adrian, I never planned to leave, okay? | Adrian 我从未打算离开你们? |
[14:09] | I went out to get some Chinese food, | 我出去买一些中国食物 |
[14:11] | and on the way back I open up a fortune cookie. | 在回来的路上 我打开了一盒幸运饼干 |
[14:13] | And it said, “Stand by your man.” | 上面写着 “超越自我” |
[14:17] | “Stand by your man.” | “超越自我” |
[14:18] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 |
[14:20] | It sounds crazy, but it affected me, all right? | 听起来很疯狂 但是确实影响了我 是吧? |
[14:22] | It hit me right here. | 我就好像醍醐灌顶 |
[14:23] | I realized I am my man. | 我发现我是自己的主宰 |
[14:26] | I gotta stand by me. | 我可以超越自我 |
[14:28] | I gotta follow my bliss. | 我要遵从上天赐予我的使命 |
[14:30] | Well, I was driving home, and I kept on going. | 我就开车回家 一直开呀开 |
[14:34] | And I’ve been driving ever since. | 从那时我一直开到现在 |
[14:39] | Senior? | (父子同名时 爸爸是Senior 儿子是Junior) |
[14:40] | Excuse me? | (父子同名时 爸爸是Senior 儿子是Junior) 你说什么? |
[14:42] | It’s says, “Driver: Jack Monk, Sr.” | 上面写着 “司机: Jack Monk Sr” |
[14:44] | Oh, boy. | 哦 孩子 |
[14:47] | Is there a Jack Junior? | 还有Jack Junior吗? |
[14:51] | Your brother. | 你兄弟 |
[14:54] | I have a brother. | 我有一个哥哥 |
[14:56] | It’s another brother. | 确切地说 是弟弟 |
[14:57] | It’s a big day for you. A lot to digest. | 这一天对你来说是值得回味的一天 |
[15:01] | My other brother. | 我另一个兄弟 |
[15:03] | And he’s Jack Junior? | 他就是 小Jack? |
[15:05] | If it makes you feel any better, I left his mother too. | 我也离开了他的妈妈 如果这能让你好受点的话 |
[15:07] | Why would that make me feel any better? | 为什么这会让我觉得好受? |
[15:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:11] | He lives in Baltimore. He’s 31. | 他住在Baltimore 31岁 |
[15:13] | He’s an orthopedic surgeon. | 他是个外科整形医生 |
[15:15] | Very well respected. He’s famous. | 很受尊敬的医生 非常有名 |
[15:18] | He wants me to come live with him. | 他想让我过去和他一起住 |
[15:19] | I said, “What am I gonna do? | 我说 我能做什么呢 |
[15:21] | Sit on the porch and pet a dog all day long until I drop dead?” | 和宠物狗在走廊坐上一整天 直到我死去? |
[15:24] | Not for me. | 不适合我 |
[15:26] | He looks happy. | 他看上去很开心 |
[15:28] | Yeah, that was his birthday. He was eight. | 是 那是他生日 他那时8岁 |
[15:31] | That’s a nice bike. | 车子很漂亮 |
[15:33] | That was his big gift. | 那是他生日礼物 |
[15:35] | That’s me, teaching him how to ride. | 是我 教他怎样骑车的 |
[15:42] | Hey, I got an idea. | 嘿 我想到个好主意 |
[15:44] | Why don’t we buy a bike? | 为什么我们不买个自行车? |
[15:46] | Come on, let’s do it. | 来吧 我们去买吧 |
[15:47] | I’ll pull over and teach you how to ride. | 我会把车开到边上 教你怎么骑车 |
[15:49] | It’s never too late. | 现在学还不晚 |
[15:51] | Yeah… it is. | 是啊…还不晚 |
[15:54] | ♪ Eleven pipers piping ♪ | |
[15:56] | ♪ Ten lords a’ leaping ♪ | |
[15:57] | ♪ Nine ladies dancing ♪ | |
[15:59] | ♪ Eight maids a’ milking ♪ | |
[16:00] | ♪ Seven swans a’ swimming ♪ | |
[16:02] | ♪ Six geese a’ laying ♪ | |
[16:03] | ♪ Five golden rings ♪ | |
[16:08] | Hello? | 你好? |
[16:10] | Natalie. | |
[16:11] | Oh, it’s Mr. Monk! It’s Mr. Monk. | 哦 是Monk先生! 是Monk先生. |
[16:13] | Shh! Mr. Monk, I’ve been so worried about you. | 嘘! Monk先生 我好担心你啊 |
[16:15] | Where are you? | 你现在在哪? |
[16:16] | How’s it going? What’s he like? | 怎么样啊? 他是个怎么样的人呢? |
[16:18] | Wait, hold on, I’m gonna put you on speakerphone. | 等会 别挂 我要公放 |
[16:20] | Hold on. | 不要挂 圣诞快乐 Monk! |
[16:21] | Merry Christmas, Monk! | 圣诞快乐 Monk! |
[16:22] | Hey, Happy Holidays, buddy! | 嘿 节日快乐 伙计们! |
[16:24] | Natalie, this was a big mistake. | Natalie 这是个错误的决定 |
[16:26] | I need to go home now. | 我现在就要回家 |
[16:27] | Please. Please, I want to come home! | 拜托 我现在就要回家 |
[16:30] | Please, please. | 拜托 拜托 |
[16:31] | Mr. Monk, I’m taking you off speakerphone. | Monk先生 我跟你私聊吧 |
[16:33] | Hello? | 你好? |
[16:37] | What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[16:38] | What am I doing here? | 我到底在这里做什么 |
[16:39] | He doesn’t like me. | 他并不喜欢我 |
[16:41] | He never loved me. | 他从未爱过我 |
[16:43] | He doesn’t love anyone except for maybe Jack Junior. | 他从未爱过任何人 也许除了Jack Junior |
[16:47] | Jack Junior? | 是他另一个儿子 |
[16:48] | It’s his other son. | 是他另一个儿子 |
[16:49] | He bought him a bike. I never got a bike! | 他给他买了辆自行车 我从未有过自行车! |
[16:51] | There’s another brother. | 他还有另一个兄弟 |
[16:53] | – Whoa. – Whoa! | |
[16:55] | Natalie, can you pick me up? | Natalie 你能来接我吗? |
[16:59] | Mr. Monk, it’s only been a few hours. | Monk先生 只过了几个小时 |
[17:00] | I don’t think you should give up. | 我不认为你应该放弃 |
[17:02] | Just keep talking. | 再聊聊 |
[17:03] | I’m sure you have a lot in common. | 我相信你们会有很多共同点 |
[17:05] | That makes sense. | 这到是 |
[17:06] | You made a lot of good points. Now come and get me! | 你说得很对 现在快过来接我吧! |
[17:08] | Mr. Monk, I can’t. I can’t just leave. | Monk先生 我不能 我现在无法抽身 |
[17:11] | I mean, for one thing everybody but Julie has been drinking. | 我是说 大家 除了Julie 都一直在喝酒 |
[17:15] | He wants to talk to you. | 他要和你说话 |
[17:24] | Hello? | 你好? |
[17:28] | Mr. Monk, I can’t. | Monk先生 我不能 |
[17:32] | I don’t have a license. | 我还没有驾驶执照 |
[17:36] | I don’t even know where Arizona is. | 我甚至都不知道亚利桑那在哪里 |
[17:40] | Please stop crying. I– | 请不要哭了 我 |
[17:45] | He hung up. | 他挂了 |
[18:14] | They’re not as happy as they look. | 他们并不像看上去的那样快乐 |
[18:27] | There. You hear that again? | 在那里 你又听到了吧? |
[18:30] | Yeah, yeah. | 是的 是的 |
[18:31] | Normally I’d check, | 一般情况下 我会检查的 |
[18:32] | but we’re screwed if we don’t reach Phoenix. | 但是如果我们到不了Phoenix 我们会完蛋的 |
[18:34] | We gotta drop this load and get to Yuma by 4:00. | 我们要把货物卸下 |
[18:37] | Yuma? | 然后4点前到Yuma |
[18:38] | But we just went through Yuma. | 我们只是穿越 Yuma |
[18:40] | Why didn’t we stop there first? | 为什么我们不先在这里停? |
[18:42] | Don’t ask me. Ask the itinerary. | 不要问我 |
[18:44] | “San Francisco… Phoenix, Yuma, Tucson, Carson City.” | 问路线 |
[18:49] | Well, that doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不过去啊 |
[18:51] | We’re zigzagging back and forth. | 我们在来来回回的走Z型路 |
[18:53] | What are we carrying? | 我们带的是什么? |
[18:55] | Toys. Can you believe it? | 玩具 你相信吗? |
[18:57] | I got two bosses. Partners. | 我有两个上司 是好搭档 |
[18:59] | One of them, Ben Glaser, | 他们中的一个 Ben Glaser |
[19:01] | he marches into the office last Tuesday | 上周二 来到办公室 |
[19:03] | and he announces that he has found religion. | 宣布他信了教 |
[19:06] | Just like that out of the blue. | 毫无征兆的 |
[19:07] | This is a guy who never set foot in a church before. | 这个人以前从未进过教堂 |
[19:09] | Wow. | |
[19:11] | Then he goes and buys a bunch of toys. | 所以他去买了很多玩具 |
[19:13] | He loads up the truck, and he offered me five grand | 都放到了卡车上 然后给了我五百块 |
[19:15] | to drive around and hand them out. | 让我走一圈把玩具送出去 |
[19:17] | I feel like Santa Claus. | 我觉得自己像圣诞老人 |
[19:19] | I even got a costume back there. | 我甚至还带了服装道具 |
[19:21] | Hey, you wanna be my elf? | 嘿 你想做我的精灵吗? |
[19:24] | But why are we zigzagging like this? | 但是为什么我们要这样走Z型路线? |
[19:28] | It makes no sense. | 这毫无道理 |
[19:29] | I asked him. He said he moved around a lot when he was a kid. | 我问过他 他说在他还是孩子的时候 他经常搬家 |
[19:33] | Foster homes, orphanages. | 希望之家啦 孤儿院啦 |
[19:34] | He wanted to retrace his steps | 他想要追寻自己的足迹 |
[19:36] | city by city. | 一个城市一个城市的走 |
[19:37] | What do I know? He’s the boss. | 鬼知道啊? 他是老板 |
[19:40] | I think we should take the 402. | 我觉得我们该走402号公路 |
[19:42] | We gotta stick to the route. | 我们应该还走这条路 |
[19:44] | The 402 is a straight line. | 走402能直达 |
[19:45] | It would save us an hour and a half. | 能快1个半小时 |
[19:48] | You know, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[19:50] | It doesn’t hurt to ask. | 问一下也无妨 |
[20:04] | Tiger Trucking. | 老虎运输 |
[20:05] | Hey, hot stuff. Jack Monk here. | 嘿 美女 我是Jack Monk |
[20:07] | I want to warn you before you say anything naughty… | 在你说些轻佻话前 我要警告你… |
[20:09] | I’m not here alone. | 我可不是一个人哦 |
[20:11] | – I’m here with my son. – Hello. | – 我和我儿子一起 – 你好 |
[20:13] | Is that Jack Junior? | 这位是Jack Junior? |
[20:15] | Sweetheart, I feel like I know you | 亲爱的 我感觉像认识你很久了 |
[20:17] | the way your daddy’s always bragging on you. | 你爸爸经常向我吹嘘你的事迹 |
[20:19] | Every day he walks in with a new story. | 每次他来都会带着新故事 |
[20:21] | “Jack Junior said this. | Jack Junior 这样说的 |
[20:23] | Jack | Jack Junior won another award.” |
[20:24] | Valarie, Valarie, | Junior 又赢了一个奖项 |
[20:26] | this is my other son, Adrian. | 这是我另一个儿子 Adrian |
[20:28] | Who? | 谁? |
[20:29] | Adrian, from a previous administration. | Adrian 是上上一个妻子的 |
[20:32] | You never mentioned him. | 你从未提起过他 |
[20:33] | I guess you really are an international man of mystery. | 我想你真是我所认识的 最具神秘性的男人了 |
[20:38] | Oh, Jack, you haven’t heard from Kenneth Woods, have you? | 哦Jack 你没有Kenneth Woods的消息 对吗? |
[20:42] | No. What happened? | 没有 怎么了? |
[20:44] | Well, everyone’s looking for him. | 每个人都在找他 |
[20:46] | Karen said she went out shopping Monday | Karen说她周一出去购物 |
[20:47] | and he just disappeared– | 然后他就消失了 |
[20:48] | – Hey. – Ow! | 嘿 |
[20:50] | Hey, Jack, it’s Glaser. | 嘿 Jack 这位是Glaser |
[20:51] | Yeah, how’s our little mission of mercy going? | 嘿 我们的小慈善事业进行得怎样了? |
[20:53] | So far so good. We’re outside of Phoenix. | 目前为止一切顺利 我们现在在Phoenix城外 |
[20:56] | Ben, I was thinking of shooting up the 402. | Ben 我想能不能走402号公路 |
[20:59] | No, no, what the hell is wrong with you? | 不 不 你脑子进水了? |
[21:01] | Just stick with the route that I gave you. | 就按着我给你的路线走就好 |
[21:03] | It looks like I can save about two hours. | 但那样走貌似我可以节省大约两小时呢 |
[21:05] | There is construction up and down the 402. | 那里正在施工 在402号公路的进出口处 |
[21:08] | It’s like a parking lot. | 现在暂时用作停车场 |
[21:09] | I know what I’m doing here, Monk. | 我知道我在做什么 Monk |
[21:11] | Okay? Anything else? | 好吗? 还有什么事吗? |
[21:13] | You’re the boss. | 你说了算 |
[21:14] | You bet I am. Don’t forget it. | 那当然 不要忘记了 |
[21:21] | He found religion? | 他信了教? |
[21:27] | Ho ho ho! Who’s been good all year? | 谁是一年里最乖的孩子? |
[21:30] | Me! I’ve been good. | 我 我一直都是最乖的 |
[21:32] | Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas. | 圣诞节快乐 |
[21:35] | Merry Christmas, Santa! | 圣诞节快乐 圣诞老人! |
[21:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:39] | Ah, what have we got? | 哦 我们都有些什么呢? |
[21:41] | Let’s see what we got. | 看一下我们都有些什么 |
[21:43] | Let’s see what we got. | 看一下我们都有些什么 |
[21:45] | This is for you. | 这个是给你的 |
[21:47] | The kids have been looking forward to this | 自从Glaser先生打电话来 |
[21:48] | ever since Mr. Glaser called. | 孩子们就一直都期待这些 |
[21:50] | It’s like a miracle. | 这就像个奇迹 |
[21:52] | This is for… you. | |
[21:53] | This is for you. | 这给你 |
[21:55] | Isn’t Santa Claus the greatest? | 难道圣诞老人不是最伟大的人吗? |
[21:58] | Isn’t he the greatest man in the whole world? | 难道他不是世界上最伟大的人吗? |
[22:00] | See what else we got. | 看看我们还有什么 |
[22:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:04] | This is for… you. | 这个 给你 |
[22:06] | I don’t know him very well. | 我并不是非常了解他 |
[22:08] | This is for… you. | 这个 给你 |
[22:09] | Well, nobody really knows him | 但是没有人会真正了解他 |
[22:11] | because he only comes around once a year. | 因为他一年只现身一次 |
[22:14] | An Easter bunny. | 一只复活节小兔子 |
[22:16] | That’s correct. | 非常正确 |
[22:17] | Who’s Ronnie Milsap? | 谁是Ronnie Milsap? |
[22:19] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[22:20] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[22:22] | It’s a dreidel. | 神奇小屋 干什么用的? |
[22:23] | What’s it do? | 干什么用的? |
[22:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:26] | I don’t mean to seem ungrateful, | 我不是不领情 |
[22:29] | but who selected these toys? | 可是谁挑的这些玩具啊? |
[22:31] | Uh… | |
[22:35] | Oh, honey, spit it out. Just spit it out. | 哦 亲爱的 吐出来 赶快吐出来 |
[22:38] | Oh. | 哦 |
[22:46] | This is the worst Christmas ever! | 这是最糟糕的圣诞节! |
[22:48] | Where did you get all these stupid toys? | 你从哪里买的这些玩具? |
[22:50] | At the dollar store? | 在两元店吗? |
[22:51] | I hate you. | 我讨厌你 |
[22:53] | Now, Kathy, you don’t mean that. | Kathy 这不是你的真心话 |
[22:54] | I do too mean it. I hate you to death. | 我说的是真心话 我希望你赶快死去 |
[22:56] | Go back to the North Pole and die. | 回冰冷的北极冻死去吧 |
[23:14] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[23:15] | Oh, Jack, there is something wrong here. | Jack 有些事不对劲 |
[23:19] | Look, a whole trailer for six boxes? | 看 一整辆拖车只有6个箱子? |
[23:23] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么? |
[23:24] | I don’t know. Drugs maybe. | 我不知道 也许是毒品 |
[23:26] | Drugs? | 毒品? |
[23:27] | Or guns, weapons. | 或者是枪 武器 |
[23:29] | That’s impossible. | 这不可能 |
[23:30] | Well, at least it would explain what’s going on here. | 但至少能解释到底什么回事 |
[23:32] | Your boss, this Glaser. | 你老板 这个 Glaser |
[23:34] | I think– I think he’s using you. | 我认为 我认为他在利用你 |
[23:37] | – For what? – I don’t know. | – 为了什么? – 我不知道 |
[23:39] | But he did say he used to be an orphan here. | 但是他说他以前曾是这里的一个孤儿 |
[23:41] | I was just upstairs. | 我刚刚在楼上 |
[23:42] | I checked with the administrator. | 我翻看了往日的纪录 |
[23:44] | There’s no record of him. | 没有任何他的信息 |
[23:45] | You’re checking up on my boss? | 你在调查我的老板? |
[23:47] | What if he hears about it? | 如果他听见了怎么办? |
[23:49] | Huh? What are you trying to do here? | 哈? 你想干什么? |
[23:52] | My job. This is what I do, Jack. | 我的职责 这就是我要做的 Jack |
[23:54] | And I’m good at it. | 我善于此道 |
[23:55] | I know when something feels wrong. | 我能感觉到不对劲的地方 |
[23:57] | Look at this. Look. | 看这个 看 |
[23:59] | Shampoo, dog food, | 洗发水 狗粮 |
[24:02] | Q-tips, Das Kapital by Karl– | 透明胶 马克思写的资本论 |
[24:05] | Put everything back in here, please. | 请把东西放回原处 |
[24:06] | – You’re gonna get me fired. – Jack– | – 你会让我被解雇的 |
[24:08] | Get it all back in. | 把它都放回去 仔细想一想 仔细想一想 |
[24:09] | Think about it. | Think about it. 仔细想一想 仔细想一想 |
[24:11] | He’s making you drive 5,000 miles | 他让你驾车行驶5000 英里 |
[24:13] | on back roads, zigzagging back and forth | 不停的沿着Z字型来回走 |
[24:16] | to deliver this? | 只为了送这些? |
[24:18] | All this junk? | 这些垃圾? |
[24:19] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这不符合常理 |
[24:21] | You want to know what doesn’t make any sense, huh? | 你想知道什么是不合常理的吗? |
[24:23] | You want to know what doesn’t?! | 你想知道什么不合常理吗?! |
[24:25] | This is the first day we’ve been together | 这是我们40年来 |
[24:27] | in–in 40 years. | 相处的第一天 |
[24:29] | Are you trying to help me? No. | 你是在帮助我吗? 不是 |
[24:32] | You are trying to sabotage me! | 你在帮倒忙! |
[24:34] | I’m 68 years old! You understand that? | 我已经68岁了! 你知道吗? |
[24:37] | And nobody’s gonna hire me. | 不会再有人愿意雇用我了 |
[24:39] | I need this job! | 我需要这份工作! |
[24:42] | You’re impossible. | 你自以为是 |
[24:44] | You’ve always been impossible. | 你总是这样自以为是 |
[24:46] | And your brother and your mother too. | 你弟弟 你妈妈都是这样的 |
[24:50] | Now I remember why I left. | 现在我知道为什么自己想离开了 |
[24:53] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[24:55] | Next time I bring Jack Junior. | 下次我带Jack Junior好了 |
[24:56] | Get the job done properly. | 然后圆满完成这项工作 |
[24:58] | You coming? I gotta get out of here. | 你走吗? 我要走了 |
[25:12] | You know where I am. | 你知道我在哪 |
[25:13] | Yeah, I know where you are. | 是的 我知道你在哪 |
[25:16] | You’re just running out to pick up some Chinese food. | 你就开车买中国食品去了嘛 |
[26:50] | Tiger Trucking. | 老虎运输 |
[26:51] | Hi, Val. It’s me. | Val 是我 |
[26:53] | Tell the man I’m on schedule. | 告诉他我按计划行事呢 |
[26:55] | I’m heading back to Yuma. | 我正在返回Yuma |
[26:57] | Uh… he’s a little busy right now. | 嗯 他现在比较忙 |
[27:01] | Something happened, Jack. | 有事情发生了 Jack |
[27:03] | Kenneth Woods is dead. He was murdered. | Kenneth Woods死了他被谋杀了 |
[27:06] | What?! | 什么?! |
[27:08] | Two hunters found his body in a gulch | 两个猎人在峡谷里找到了他的尸体 |
[27:10] | near the 209. | 就在209号公路附近 |
[27:12] | I don’t believe it. | 我不信 |
[27:14] | I just saw him at the Christmas party. | 在圣诞节聚会上我还见过他 |
[27:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:17] | When they found him, he was still wearing that tie you gave him. | 他们发现他时 他还戴着 你送他的领带呢 |
[27:20] | The police are here and they’re talking to everybody. | 警察来了在与每个人交谈呢 |
[27:22] | – Should I come in? – Uh, hold on. | 我需要过去吗? 嗯 等一会 |
[27:25] | It’s Jack Monk! He wants to know if he– | 是Jack Monk! 他想知道是否… |
[27:27] | You tell him no! | 告诉他不用! |
[27:29] | Just tell him to keep driving! Everything’s fine! | 告诉他继续开车! 一切都很好! |
[27:31] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗? |
[27:33] | Yeah, loud and clear. | 是的 非常清楚 |
[27:34] | I’ll check in later. | 我过会再打来 |
[27:36] | Take care of yourself, Val. | 自己小心 Val |
[27:37] | You too. Bye. | 你也是 再见 |
[27:51] | Where you bound? | 你要去哪里? |
[27:52] | Yuma. | |
[27:54] | Did you take a wrong turn? | 你是不是拐错了? |
[27:55] | Shouldn’t you be on the 402? | 你不是应该走402公路的吗? |
[27:57] | The 402’s a parking lot. It’s wall to wall. | 402公路是个停车场 都是路障怎么走 |
[28:00] | Where’d you hear that? I’ve been on the 402 all day. | 你从哪听到的谣言? 我一天都在402公路上 |
[28:03] | It’s wide open. Clear sailing. | 那里敞开大门 欢迎过往车辆 |
[28:25] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的? |
[28:27] | I knew you’d walk in a straight line. | 我知道你会直直往前走 |
[28:28] | You always did. | 你总是这样 |
[28:30] | Ben Glaser lied to me. | 你总是这样 Ben Glaser对我撒了谎 |
[28:32] | The 402’s wide open. | 402公路是开着的 |
[28:34] | And his partner’s been killed. | 他的搭档刚被杀 |
[28:57] | So how was he killed? | 那么他是怎么被杀的? |
[29:00] | I didn’t ask. I didn’t think to ask. | 我没有问 我没想到要问 |
[29:03] | You really believe there’s a connection between Kenneth Woods’ murder | 你真的相信Kenneth Woods的死 和我被派出去 |
[29:05] | and me being sent out on this wild good chase? | 走这条疯狂的路线有关? |
[29:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:09] | Seems like your boss, Mr. Glaser, | 听起来好像你的老板 Glaser先生 |
[29:12] | wants you out of the way. | 想要把你赶走 |
[29:13] | Oh, that’s impossible. | 哦 这是不可能的 |
[29:15] | I’m a great guy. | 我是个很好的员工 |
[29:16] | Ask anybody who’s not related to me. | 每一个人都会这么说的 |
[29:20] | Here you go. | |
[29:22] | Thanks. | 上菜咯 谢谢 |
[29:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:24] | Two Christmas Specials. | 两份圣诞特餐 |
[29:26] | Enjoy. | 好好享受 |
[29:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:33] | It’s touching. | 好感动啊 (touching有被摸过了的意思) |
[29:37] | It is. It’s great. | 是啊 这很好 |
[29:39] | After all those years. | 经过了这么多年 |
[29:41] | No, I mean the food… It’s touching. | 不 我是指食物… 被人摸过了 |
[29:44] | Okay, okay, I forgot. I forgot. | 好的 好的 我忘了 忘了 |
[29:47] | Don’t worry. I’ll fix it, I’ll fix it. | 别担心 我会处理的 |
[29:49] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[29:52] | I forgot. Carrots separate. | 我忘记了 要把萝卜分开 |
[29:55] | Good? | 可以吗? |
[29:57] | There you go. | 给你吧 |
[29:59] | Nice and separate turkey. | 火鸡肉也分开了 |
[30:02] | Good? | 可以吗? |
[30:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:09] | You have a picture of her? | 你有她的照片吗? |
[30:17] | Trudy, right? | Judy 对吗? |
[30:19] | Oh. I’m glad. | 哦 我很高兴 |
[30:22] | I’m glad she was there for you. | 我很高兴她一直在你身边 |
[30:29] | Okay, come on. | 好吧 开吃 |
[30:32] | So, detective, what do we do now? | 那么 大侦探 我们要怎么做? |
[30:35] | Call the police? | 报警? |
[30:36] | Not yet. | 还不需要 |
[30:37] | Your boss is up to something, | 你老板在搞机器 |
[30:40] | but we still don’t know what. | 但我们不得而知 |
[30:42] | No, I think we should stick to the route | 不 我认为我们应该坚持原路线 |
[30:45] | and drop off the toys. | 然后把玩具扔掉 |
[30:46] | Just see what happens. | 看看会发生什么 |
[30:48] | Eat your carrots. | 把萝卜吃了 |
[31:01] | I missed you. | 我很想你 |
[31:12] | Good, huh? | 很好吃 对吧? |
[32:04] | Atticus One, this is Gumbo Pot. | Atticus One 这边是Gumbo Pot |
[32:06] | Thought you’d like to know you’re coming up on a plain brown wrapper. | 估计你想知道 你快跟上张简洁的棕色包装纸了 |
[32:10] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[32:12] | If we see it, we will stop and pick it up. | 如果我们看见 会停车拣起来的 |
[32:14] | No! | 不! |
[32:16] | “Plain brown wrapper.” That’s an unmarked police car. | “简洁的棕色包装纸”是没响笛的警车 |
[32:19] | He’s trying to warn us. | 他在警告我们 |
[32:22] | Gumbo Pot, this is Atticus One. | Gumbo Pot 这边是Atticus One |
[32:24] | You’re making it harder for the Highway Patrol | 你这样会使高速公路巡警 |
[32:27] | to enforce the local speed limit. | 难以执行本地限速的 |
[32:29] | Which isn’t very cool. Over. | 这并不好玩 结束 |
[32:31] | Jack, who the hell was that? | Jack 谁他妈的在… |
[32:38] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[32:40] | It’s a GPS. | |
[32:42] | Eye in the sky. | 天空之眼 |
[32:43] | 5,000 miles. | 5000 英里 |
[32:44] | It’s a memory chip. | 记忆芯片 |
[32:46] | It remembers the last 5,000 miles that you drove. | 它记载了你驾驶里程的最后5000英里 |
[32:56] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[32:58] | You started in Texas, right? | 你是从Texas州开始的 对吗? |
[33:00] | Then we drove from San Francisco to Phoenix | 然后我们从San Francisco开到Phoenix |
[33:02] | to Carson City. | 然后Carson城 |
[33:05] | That’s about 5,000 miles. | 大概有5000 |
[33:08] | 4,998. | 英里 |
[33:14] | Jack, pull over! Stop the truck. | Jack 靠边! 停车! |
[33:21] | Tell me about your boss. Is he a driver? | 说一下你老板 他也是司机吗? |
[33:23] | He used to be. | 他曾经是 |
[33:24] | Does he ever borrow any of these trucks? | 他曾经借开过这些车子吗? |
[33:26] | Yeah, all the time. How do you know that? | 是啊 一直都是 你怎么知道的? |
[33:28] | Here’s what happened. | 事情可能是这样的 |
[33:30] | Ben Glaser borrowed a truck. This truck. | Ben Glaser借了辆卡车 就是这辆啦 |
[33:33] | And he drove out to see Kenneth Woods. | 他开着这辆车去见Kenneth Woods |
[33:34] | They must’ve had a fight. | 他们一定有所争执 |
[33:36] | Makes sense. They hated each other. | 有道理 他们俩互相仇恨 |
[33:37] | Ben killed Kenneth, | Ben杀了Kenneth |
[33:39] | and he hid his body. But he had a problem. | 然后把他的尸体藏了起来 但是他有个问题 |
[33:41] | There was a record of where he had driven that day. | 记录上会显示 他那天开车到过哪些地方 |
[33:44] | – Big Brother! – Right. | – 说得对! – 是的 |
[33:45] | And he knew that eventually the cops would check the GPS computer. | 他知道 警察最终会来查这辆车 的GPS 纪录 |
[33:48] | He had to erase it and quick. | 他要赶快消除这些纪录 |
[33:50] | He had to put 5,000 more miles on this truck | 他要这辆车开够 5000英里 |
[33:54] | so the box would reset. | 于是储存卡就会重启 |
[33:55] | And he sends me out on this wild goose chase. | 所以他就要我来走这段疯狂的路线 |
[33:58] | Son of a bitch bastard! Excuse my language. | 狗娘养的! 原谅我出语粗俗 |
[34:00] | It’s okay. I’m a trucker. | 没关系 我也是卡车司机了 |
[34:02] | It’s unbelievable. You solved it. | 不可思议啊 你搞定了 |
[34:03] | You did it. | 不可思议啊 你搞定了 你搞定了 |
[34:04] | You don’t even know these people, and you solved the case! | 你甚至都不认识这些人 但是你却破了案! |
[34:07] | Just like when I used to read Sherlock Holmes to you. | 就像我以前读福尔摩斯你听时一样 |
[34:09] | You’d figure it out by page two. | 还没读完你就猜出来了 |
[34:11] | What about the proof? | 那证据呢? |
[34:13] | This truck is the proof. It’s all the evidence we need. | 这辆车就是证据 这里有我们需要的所有证据 |
[34:15] | As long as we can keep this under 5,000 miles. | 只要我们不把它开够5000 英里 |
[34:18] | The District Attorney can introduce the memory chip | 检察官就可以通过卫星 |
[34:20] | from the satellite– Why is this thing moving? | 读取这些记录 为什么这个在动? |
[34:22] | Is this thing broken? | 这个东西坏了吗? |
[34:25] | – Come on. – Uh, Jack. | – 不要这样 – 嗯 Jack |
[34:27] | – Jack! – Uh-oh. | – 哦噢 |
[34:28] | What do you mean “uh-oh?” What does that mean? | 为什么你说”哦噢?” 这是什么意思? |
[34:31] | It can mean a variety of things, | 这个可以很多意思 |
[34:32] | but in this case, it means no brakes. | 但在这里 |
[34:37] | – Jack! – Oh, no! | 就意味着没有刹车 |
[34:53] | Do it again! Pump the thing! | 再试一下! 狠踩那玩意! |
[34:55] | Turn some knobs! | 变下档! |
[34:56] | You haven’t even touched these buttons! | 你还没按那些按钮呢! |
[35:04] | Look out! | 小心! |
[35:17] | Jump out and save yourself. | 往外跳 逃命吧 |
[35:18] | I can’t. I can’t just leave you here. | 我不能 我不能留下你一个人 |
[35:27] | – There’s gotta be a runoff. – What? | – 会有缓冲道的 – 什么? |
[35:28] | It’s a little side road for trucks in trouble. | 一条为陷入困境中的司机准备的侧道 |
[35:30] | Look for a runoff! | 注意看! – |
[35:34] | – There it is! – Where? | 在那里! – 哪里? |
[35:36] | Oh, we just passed it. You have to turn around. | 哦 我们刚错过了 你要转回去 |
[35:38] | Turn around! | 转回去! 我有话要说 |
[35:39] | I gotta say something. | 我有话要说 |
[35:40] | I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you and Ambrose. | 很遗憾我没有在你和Ambrose身边 |
[35:43] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[35:44] | Oh, I’m a bad father. That’s all that matters. | 哦 我是个坏父亲 这就是我要说的 |
[35:46] | You’re not a bad father. Look at Jack Junior. | 你并不是个坏父亲 Jack Junior就是个好例子 |
[35:49] | – He’s a putz! – What? | – 他是个混蛋! – 什么? |
[35:51] | Actually, he’s not even a putz. | 事实上 他连个混蛋都不是 |
[35:52] | He dreams one day of becoming a putz. | 他每天梦想自己是个了不起的混蛋 |
[35:55] | He lives downstairs in my basement. | 他住在我楼下的地下室 |
[35:57] | He smokes pot all day long. | 整日抽烟 |
[35:59] | He steals money from my wallet. | 还从我钱包里偷钱 |
[36:01] | He’s not a doctor? | 他不是个医生? |
[36:03] | No, I made it up. I lied. | 不是 全是我编的 我撒谎了 |
[36:05] | I wanted to have a son that I could be proud of. | 我想有一个能让我引以为豪的儿子 |
[36:08] | I didn’t know I had one in San Francisco. | 我不知道我旧金山的儿子就是 |
[36:15] | Dad, there it is! There’s another runoff! | 爸爸 在这里! 这里有条缓冲道! |
[36:41] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[36:43] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[36:47] | You called me Dad. | 你刚叫我爸爸 |
[36:48] | Oh, there goes the case. | 哦 现在有状况了 |
[36:51] | It’s all been erased. | 记录都被消掉了 |
[36:53] | I guess your boss is gonna get away with murder. | 我想你老板可能会逍遥法外了 |
[36:57] | You called me Dad. | 你刚叫我爸爸 |
[37:15] | Um, I cleaned out his desk. | 嗯 我收拾了他的桌子 |
[37:17] | Hmm? Oh. | 嗯? 哦 |
[37:18] | Oh, yeah, thank you. | 哦 谢谢你 |
[37:20] | Valarie, let me take that. | Valarie 让我来拿吧 |
[37:21] | You know, look, people, listen up. | 大家 听着 |
[37:24] | I know this is a tough time. | 我知道这是个难熬的时候 |
[37:26] | And as Kenneth used to say, | Kenneth过去经常说 |
[37:28] | this is more than just an office. | 这并不仅仅是办公室 |
[37:30] | Y’all are family. | 你们都是一家人 |
[37:31] | And I think that’s how we’re gonna get through this. | 我想 我们就要这样挺过来 |
[37:33] | By–By just supporting each other | 通过 通过互相支持 |
[37:35] | like a family. | 就像一家人 |
[37:41] | Oh, it’s Jack Monk. | 哦 是Jack Monk |
[37:52] | Well, better late than never. | 哦 你们总算回来了 |
[37:54] | Now who is this? Come on now. | 这位是谁? 给我听着 |
[37:56] | You know the rule about passengers riding in the cab. | 你知道禁止在卡车上搭乘乘客的规定 |
[38:00] | And you the rule about killing your partner. | 你也知道谋杀搭档的下场 |
[38:02] | Hello, Ben. | 你好 Ben |
[38:04] | Told you we might be back. | 告诉过你我们会回来的 |
[38:06] | This is a warrant for your arrest. | 这是你的逮捕令 |
[38:08] | You’ve gotta be kidding me. | 你一定是在开玩笑 |
[38:10] | We’ve gone all through this stuff. | 我们该说的都已经说完了 |
[38:12] | You were with your partner, Kenneth Woods, | 你搭档Kenneth Woods被杀时 |
[38:14] | when he was killed. We can prove that. | 你就在现场 我们可以证明这点 |
[38:16] | Jack, who the hell is this guy? | Jack 这家伙他妈的是谁? |
[38:19] | He’s my son. | 我儿子 |
[38:20] | I don’t believe this. | 我不信 |
[38:21] | Some orthopedist from Baltimore is accusing me– | 一个来自Baltimore的 整形外科医师指控我… |
[38:24] | This is another son. | 这是我另一个儿子 |
[38:25] | Adrian. A homicide detective. | Adrian 命案侦探 |
[38:27] | Ex-detective. | 前任侦探 |
[38:29] | I hope to be reinstated soon. | 我希望能很快复职 |
[38:31] | You didn’t apply yet? | 你还没申请吗? |
[38:33] | Dad, I’m fine, all right. | 爸爸 我很好 没事 |
[38:34] | – You want me to make a call? – Okay, look, I can take care of myself. | 要我打个电话吗? 哦 听着 我能照看好我自己 |
[38:37] | You were in this truck, | 你当时就在这辆卡车上 |
[38:38] | this particular truck the day Kenneth disappeared. | Kenneth失踪那天 你就在这辆卡车上 |
[38:40] | We saw the sign-out sheet. | 我们查看了出车记录 |
[38:42] | That’s right. | 没错 我借了这辆车出去钓鱼 |
[38:43] | I borrowed it, and I went fishing. | 我借了这辆车出去钓鱼 |
[38:45] | Now can you prove that I didn’t? | 你能证明我没有吗? |
[38:46] | Because if you’re talking about the GPS system, | 因为如果你去查对GPS系统 |
[38:49] | that thing’s already been erased. | 里面的内容早就消掉了 |
[38:51] | It’s only got a 5,000-mile memory, mm-hmm. | 里面只能储存5000英里的行驶记录 |
[38:54] | We don’t need a GPS system to prove anything. | 我们不需要 GPS系统来证明什么 |
[38:57] | There was this loud noise | 车里一直噪音很大 |
[38:59] | – like a– – Yeah, it was like a rattle– | – 就像是一个… – 是的 就像有人在喋喋不休 |
[39:00] | – Rattle– – Flutter– | – 喋喋不休- – – 噪音- – |
[39:01] | Flutter driving us crazy. | 噪音快把我们烦死了 |
[39:03] | We figured, it’s gotta be a fan belt. | 我们猜 也许是电扇页什么的 |
[39:06] | It wasn’t a fan belt. | 这并不是电扇页 |
[39:11] | Mr. Glaser, can you explain | Glaser先生 你能解释一下 |
[39:13] | how part of the victim’s necktie | 为什么受害者的领带残片 |
[39:15] | was found in a vehicle you were driving? | 会出现在你驾驶过的 车里呢? |
[39:42] | Adrian! | 嘿 Adrian! |
[39:44] | Oh, I’ll be with you in a minute. | 我一会再找你 |
[39:51] | Merry Christmas! | 圣诞快乐! |
[39:54] | I–I didn’t get you anything. | 我 我也没有给你准备什么 |
[39:57] | Oh, yes, you did. | 噢 你有的 |
[40:00] | Here, it’s all yours. I’ll be right with you. | 这儿 都你的了 我就在你身边 |
[40:04] | Your first bike. | 你第一辆自行车 |
[40:05] | Get on. I’ll be holding you. | 上来 我会拉着你的 |
[40:07] | Go ahead. Don’t be afraid. | 开始吧 不要害怕 |
[40:10] | That’s it. Now I got you. | 就是这样 我抓住你了 |
[40:12] | – Don’t let go. – So there’s nothing to be afraid of. | – 不要松手 – 没有什么好怕的 |
[40:14] | Are you ready, sir? | 你准备好了吗? |
[40:16] | Okay, start pedaling. Let’s go. | 好的 开始踩吧 开始走 |
[40:18] | – Slowly. – Don’t let go. | – 慢一点 – 不要松手 |
[40:20] | I’m not. Okay. | 我不会的 好的 |
[40:22] | – Go straight, go straight. – Oh! | 一直走 |
[40:24] | That’s it. Make a turn now. | 就是这样 转个弯 |
[40:26] | To the left. Easy, easy. | 向左转 放松放松 |
[40:29] | Easy. That’s it. Pedal a little faster. | 很简单 就是这样 稍微蹬快一点 |
[40:31] | Oh, you’re doing great. | 哦 你做得很好 |
[40:33] | You got it. | You got it. 你会了 你会了 |
[40:36] | You got it! Look at you! | 你会了! 看看你! |
[40:38] | That’s it, like you’ve been doing it all these years. | 就是这样的 好像你天生就会骑车 |
[40:41] | Dad, can I get some mud flaps? | 爸爸 我能按铃吗? |
[40:42] | Come on. Yes, you can. | 加油 你行的 |
[40:45] | That’s my boy! Come on. | 好孩子 加油! |
[40:48] | Big circle. | 转个大圈 |
[40:50] | Big circle. | 大圈 |
[40:51] | Keep your eye on the road. I’m with you. | 看着路 我会和你一起的 |
[40:54] | That’s it. Pedal harder. | 就是这样 用力踩 |
[40:56] | Keep pedaling. Go straight. | 继续蹬 走直线 |
[40:58] | Straight, straight. Go ahead, go ahead. | 直走 直走 向前进 向前进 |
[41:01] | Hey, Dad, watch this. | 爸爸 看 |
[41:03] | Go ahead. | 一直走 |
[41:05] | That’s my boy. | 好孩子 |
[41:08] | Come back. Come towards me. | 踩回来 朝我这边 |
[41:10] | The finish line. Will he make it? | 终点线 他能完成吗? |
[41:12] | Yes! | 是的! |
[41:15] | Let me hear the bell. | 让我听听铃声 |
[41:17] | That a boy. | 这才是男孩子嘛 |