时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Yeah, well, I’m looking at the design right here. | 嘿 我在看设计图呢 |
[00:11] | You said it would sleep six. | 你说过是可以睡六个人的 |
[00:13] | A bunk bed? | 双层床? |
[00:15] | Are you mental? | 你有毛病吧? |
[00:17] | I’m not gonna sleep on a bunk bed. | 我才不要睡双层床 |
[00:19] | What is this? A luxury yacht or a summer camp? | 你以为这里是什么呀? 到底是豪华游艇还是夏令营? |
[00:21] | It’s 4:00, sir. I have your Manhattan. | 四点钟了 先生 我给您拿曼哈根鸡尾酒来了 |
[00:25] | Formica? | 用福米卡家具塑料贴面? |
[00:27] | I want mahogany from the stern to the–to the other end. | 从船头到船尾都要使用桃花心木 |
[00:32] | Well, I hope so. | 好吧 希望如此 |
[00:33] | Because I swear to God, if you don’t, | 如果你不的话 我向天发誓 |
[00:35] | I will cancel this contract. | 我会取消合同的 |
[00:38] | He thinks I’m bluffing. | 他以为我在吓唬他 |
[00:42] | Do you think I’m bluffing? | 你觉得我是在吓唬他么? |
[00:44] | I wouldn’t know, sir. | 我可不知道 先生 |
[00:48] | You miss them, don’t you? | 你很想念他们 是么? |
[00:50] | It was the worst day of my life, sir. | 那是我一生中最糟糕的日子 先生 |
[00:53] | I’m sure you feel the same way. | 我想你肯定也有此感受 |
[00:57] | Will that be all, sir? | 还有别的事么 先生? |
[01:00] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 我还想跟你 |
[01:02] | there’s something I wanna talk to you about. | 谈点事情 |
[01:10] | I received another one of your letters. | 我又收到了你的一封信 |
[01:13] | Don’t try to deny that it was you. | 别想不抵赖 |
[01:15] | Before I made the last drop, | 在我上次交钱之前 |
[01:17] | I marked the bills. | 我在支票上做了记号 |
[01:20] | Then I found them in your room. | 而我却在你的房间里发现了这些支票 |
[01:23] | Since when is blackmail on your list of duties? | 从什么时候开始 寄勒索信也成了你的职责之一? |
[01:26] | Master Paul, | Paul先生 |
[01:28] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[01:29] | I wasn’t thinking straight. | 其实我也不想的 |
[01:31] | You weren’t thinking straight? | 你也不想的? |
[01:32] | No, sir. The grief. | 确实不想 先生 |
[01:35] | Your father’s death and your step-mother. | 您父亲和继母的死 那种悲惨的事情 |
[01:37] | It won’t happen again. | 不会再发生了 |
[01:39] | Well, you got that right. | 那你确实说对了 |
[01:50] | Thank you, Stilson. That’ll be all. | 谢谢你 Stilson 一切都结束了 |
[02:58] | All right, what’s this all about, Adrian? | 好了 到底是怎么了? Adrian |
[03:02] | Come on. | 快点 |
[03:03] | Let’s have it. | 拿出来吧 |
[03:10] | Ah, police announce hiring freeze. | 啊 警方宣布冻结招聘 |
[03:13] | A hiring freeze for the next four years. | 是今后四年都冻结招聘 |
[03:17] | By then I’ll be too old to be reinstated. | 在四年到期之前 我就会超过复职的年龄 |
[03:20] | So that’s it. | 就是这个 |
[03:21] | I’ll never be a cop again. | 我再也不能当警察了 |
[03:24] | All right, Adrian, I am truly sorry. | 好了 Adrian 我真的为你难过 |
[03:26] | I know how much reinstatement means to you. | 我知道复职对你来说有多重要 |
[03:28] | Only everything. | 是我的一切 |
[03:29] | It’s my reason for living, that’s all. | 那就是我活着的原因 是我的一切 |
[03:34] | What do I do now? | 我现在该怎么办? |
[03:36] | I think you go back to what you’ve been doing. | 我想你该继续去做你一直在做的事情 |
[03:38] | – Consulting. – For how long? | – 私家侦探 – 能做多久呢? |
[03:40] | I haven’t had a new client in weeks. | 我已经好几个星期没客户了 |
[03:42] | The department hasn’t renewed my contract. | 警察局也没跟我续约 |
[03:45] | You know, Adrian, I think this is an opportunity | 你知道么 Adrian 我想这也是个机会 |
[03:47] | for you to make a decision, a very important decision. | 你可以好好做个决定 做个重要的决定 |
[03:51] | Now, you can let this news completely depress you… | 现在 你可以让这个消息彻底打垮你 |
[03:55] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[03:57] | Or… | 或者 |
[03:59] | you can look at this like an opportunity. | 你可以把这看做一个契机 |
[04:02] | A chance for you to reassess your life, start over, | 一个重新审视自己生活的机会 |
[04:06] | do something completely different. | 从头开始 去做些完全不同的事情 |
[04:09] | Different. | 不同的事情 |
[04:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:12] | Different can be good. | 不同的事情会带来美好 |
[04:15] | Different… good. | 不同的 美好的 |
[04:19] | Different… good. | 不同的 美好的 |
[04:21] | Adrian, it’s not too late. | Adrian 现在还不晚 你知道的 |
[04:24] | You know, Winston Churchill did not become Prime Minister | Winston Churchill 也是直到六十岁 |
[04:26] | until he was 60. | 才当上总理的 |
[04:28] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[04:30] | I’ll never become prime minister. | 我永远不可能成为总理的 |
[04:31] | No, no, I’m not saying that– | 不 不 |
[04:33] | I don’t even live in England. Even if I did, I– | 我不是那个意思 我都不住在英格兰 就算我住在那儿 |
[04:36] | I’d be such a long shot. | 我也会是个没希望的候选人 |
[04:37] | Adrian. | |
[04:38] | It’s just an example. | 我只是举了个例子 |
[04:40] | What do I do now? | 那我现在该怎么办? |
[04:47] | And right then, I promised myself | 好了 |
[04:49] | I would never fly commercial again. | 我现在发誓 我再也不搭民航班机了 |
[04:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 妈妈 都还不到十二点呢 |
[04:52] | Mom, it’s not even 12:00. | 妈妈 都还不到十二点呢 |
[04:58] | It’s 12:05. | 十二点五分了 |
[05:00] | Bobby | Bobby, can I ask you something? |
[05:02] | Do you love your job? | 我能问你点问题么? 你爱你的工作么? |
[05:03] | Yes, I do. | 是的 当然 |
[05:05] | What do you do exactly? | 事实上你是做什么工作的呢? |
[05:06] | He inherits money. | 他继承财产 |
[05:08] | I could do that. | 我也能做到 打赌我还能做得很好 |
[05:09] | I bet I’d be good at that. | 打赌我还能做得很好 |
[05:11] | There’s a hiring freeze at the department, | 警局宣布冻结招聘 |
[05:12] | but we’re working through it, right? | 但是我们正在努力 不是么? |
[05:14] | We’ll figure something out. There’s always hope. | 事情总是有解决的方法的 还有希望的 |
[05:16] | – There’s never hope. – Sure, there is. | 没希望了 当然 当然有希望 |
[05:18] | There’s never hope. I wish I drank. | 当然 当然有希望 没希望了 我想喝醉 |
[05:20] | Is it wonderful? | 那样不错吧? |
[05:22] | Yeah, it’s pretty great. | 是啊 确实很不错 |
[05:24] | Oh, you know who asked about you? | 噢 |
[05:26] | Paul Buchanan. | 你知道谁问起来你么? |
[05:28] | Mm. No, thank you. | 恩 不 谢谢了 |
[05:29] | Sweetheart, I really don’t think you can be so picky. | 甜心 我真的觉得你不能再挑了 |
[05:32] | You aren’t getting any younger, you know. | 你知道你自己已经不小了 |
[05:34] | Who’s Paul Buchanan? | 谁是Paul Buchanan? |
[05:35] | He lives in the big house up the road. | 他就住在街那边的大房子里 |
[05:37] | The big house? This isn’t the big house? | 大房子? 这不就是大房子么? |
[05:39] | He’s always had a thing for Natalie. | 他以前总是送东西给Natalie |
[05:42] | – He’s proposed to her twice. – He’s a creep. | – 还向她求过两次婚 – 他是个讨厌鬼 |
[05:45] | He’s a spoiled, arrogant, creepy creep who’s just– | 他是个骄横 自大 恶心的讨厌鬼 |
[05:48] | He’s very creepy. | 非常恶心 |
[05:49] | Now, now. He’s a good man. | 现在 现在他变成个好人了 |
[05:51] | You know, that poor boy. He’s been through so much. | 你知道么 那可怜的孩子 经历了很多的不幸 |
[05:54] | You heard what happened with his parents. | 你也听说了他父母的事情 |
[05:56] | It’s the most incredible story. | 真是个让人难以置信的故事 |
[05:58] | They died within ten minutes of each other. | 他们俩在十分钟之内相继去世 |
[06:00] | – Within ten minutes. – Yeah, it was about a year ago. | 十分钟之内 是啊 那是一年以前的事情 |
[06:04] | Ralph and Camilla, that’s Paul’s stepmother, | Ralph和Paul的继母Camilla |
[06:06] | were driving home, and they were in his little sports car. | 开车回家 |
[06:10] | That one he brought over from England. | 开的是他那辆从英格兰买回来的 可爱的小巧的运动型轿车 |
[06:11] | It was a Morgan, a beautiful machine. | 是辆Morgan 非常漂亮 |
[06:13] | Ralph collected antique cars. | Ralph喜欢收集古董车 |
[06:15] | Yeah, well, anyway, they never made it home. | 恩 好了 总之他们是没能回到家 |
[06:17] | It was about 8:30 at night. | 大概晚上八点半的时候 |
[06:19] | And they were coming around that dangerous curve | 他们开车到了Sweeney大道尽头 |
[06:22] | at the end of Sweeney Road. | 那处危险的弯道 |
[06:24] | The one with the big rock. | 那儿还有一块很大的岩石 |
[06:25] | I think we passed it when we were coming up. | 我想我们来的时候 也路过了那里的 |
[06:28] | Isn’t there a sign that says slow down? | 那儿不是有减速标志么? |
[06:31] | Obviously Ralph ignored that because the police said | 显然Ralph是没有理会 |
[06:34] | he had to be doing at least 80. | 因为警察说 他当时的时速肯定在八十公里以上 |
[06:36] | Let’s say that this is the car. | 我们就当这是那辆车 好吧? |
[06:39] | All right? | 那么 这是Ralph 这是Camilla |
[06:40] | Now, this is Ralph, and this is Camilla. | 那么 这是Ralph 这是Camilla |
[06:43] | Now, they come speeding around that curve. | 现在 他们高速行驶到弯道处 |
[06:47] | They hit the guard rail. | 撞上了护栏 |
[06:49] | And Camilla wasn’t wearing a seat belt, | Camilla由于没有系安全带 |
[06:51] | goes flying and boom. | 从车里飞了出去 |
[06:54] | Hits her head on the big rock. | 脑袋撞到了那块大岩石上 |
[06:55] | Honey, don’t use the paté. | 宝贝 别搞那块黄油? |
[06:58] | That is not paté, darling. That is the big rock. | 那不是块黄油 亲爱的 是那块大岩石 |
[07:01] | And then Ralph calls 911 on his cell. | 然后Ralph用手机打了九一一 |
[07:04] | Oh, it gets worse. | 噢 更糟糕的事情接着来了 |
[07:05] | He had a heart attack right there on the phone. | 他打电话的时候心脏病突发 |
[07:08] | While he’s calling for help. | 正好是他打电话求助的时候 |
[07:11] | So the road curves to the right. | 那么 路上是个向右转的弯 |
[07:13] | And she was thrown from the car? | 而她是从车里被甩出去的? |
[07:15] | Yeah, like this. | 是的 就是这样 |
[07:20] | But if it was a Morgan, | 但是 如果那是辆Morgan |
[07:24] | a British car, | 是辆英国车的话 |
[07:27] | then… | 那么 |
[07:30] | then she would have been sitting on the left. | 她就应该是坐在左边的 |
[07:42] | How did she hit the rock? | 她怎么会撞到岩石上去的呢? |
[07:50] | You know what else? | 你知道么? |
[07:51] | I remember driving with Mr. Buchanan. | 我记得坐过 Buchanan先生开的车 |
[07:53] | He was the pokiest driver in the world. | 他是世界上开车最慢的司机 |
[07:55] | We used to tease him about it. | 我们过去常常拿这个取笑他 |
[07:57] | He would not start the car unless you fastened your seatbelts. | 如果你不系好安全带的话 他是绝对不会开车的 |
[08:00] | – You wanna check it out? – Ah, it’s probably nothing. | 你想去查查? 啊 可能没什么问题的 |
[08:02] | No, let’s check it out. | 不 我们还是去查查吧 Natalie 没关系的 |
[08:03] | Natalie, it doesn’t matter. I’m not a detective anymore. | Natalie 没关系的 我已经不再做侦探了 |
[08:06] | – Daddy, give me your wallet. – Uh-oh. | 爸爸 把你的钱包给我 呃 噢 勾起了你的回忆 是吧? |
[08:09] | – Brings back memories, doesn’t it? – Yes. | 是的 |
[08:12] | Okay. Here you go. | 好了 拿着吧 |
[08:13] | I am hiring you. We are checking it out. | 我现在雇佣你 我们去查查清楚 |
[08:26] | Well, this section of the guard rail is new. | 那么 这段护栏是新的 |
[08:30] | It must have happened right here. | 车祸肯定是发生在这儿的 |
[08:32] | Car was heading west. | 车当时是向西行驶的 |
[08:35] | – It went off the road here. – So you were right. | – 在这里就飞出了路面 – 那么 你是对的 |
[08:37] | She couldn’t have hit that rock. | 她不可能撞到那块岩石上 |
[08:38] | It’s hard to tell without seeing the police report. | 没有看到警方的报告 还很难说 |
[08:41] | Maybe the car flipped over. Maybe it spun around. | 或许是翻车了 或许车打了几个转 |
[08:45] | No, I think he did it. I think he killed his parents. | 不 我想是他干的 我想就是他杀了他的父母 |
[08:48] | You really don’t like this guy, do you? | 你确实很讨厌那家伙 是吧? |
[08:50] | What did he ever do to you? | 他到底对你干过些什么? – 你真的想知道? – 不 |
[08:51] | – You really wanna know? – No. | – 你真的想知道? – 不 |
[08:55] | What is that noise? | 那是什么声音? |
[08:58] | Oh, frogs. | 哦 是青蛙 |
[08:59] | They live in that pond over there. | 就在那边的池塘里 |
[09:00] | It’s mating season. They go crazy every year. | 现在是交配的季节 它们每年这时候都像疯了一样 |
[09:04] | Frog… Frog, frog, frog, frog, | 青蛙 青蛙 青蛙 青蛙 青蛙 |
[09:06] | frog, frog, frog, frog, frog. | 青蛙 青蛙 青蛙 青蛙 青蛙 |
[09:09] | – Are you afraid of frogs? – I don’t know. | – 你害怕青蛙么? |
[09:10] | I’ve never been this close to one. | – 我不知道 我还从来没这么靠近过青蛙 |
[09:14] | Yes. The answer is yes. | 是啊 回答肯定的 |
[09:17] | Put frogs on the list. Where’s the list? | 把青蛙也列上清单 清单在哪儿? |
[09:19] | Okay-kay-kay-kay. | 好了 好了 好了 好了 |
[09:21] | I got it. | I got it. 我明白了 我明白了 我明白了 列在哪个位置? |
[09:22] | I got it. Where does it go? | 把青蛙列在 |
[09:24] | Put them between… possums and, uh… | 负鼠之后 |
[09:29] | soccer riots. | 足球暴乱之前 |
[09:30] | No-no-no. Uh, after… | 不 不 足球暴乱 |
[09:32] | after soccer riots. | 之后 之后 |
[09:34] | And before, uh, before hailstones. | 呃 冰雹之前 |
[09:38] | – Yeah, so it goes– – I got it, I got it: | – 好的 那么排在 – 我明白了 明白了 |
[09:39] | Soccer riots, frogs, hailstones. | 足球暴乱 青蛙 冰雹 |
[09:42] | At least now we know. | 呃 现在我们至少知道 |
[09:45] | Information really is power. | 信息才是力量 |
[09:47] | I’m gonna call my parents and tell them we’re gonna be late. | 我会给我父母打电话 告诉他们我们会晚点回去 |
[09:52] | Wait, there’s no signal. There’s no service at all. | 等等 这儿没信号 完全没信号 |
[09:55] | Are you sure? | 你确定么? 那么 Ralph Buchanan 怎么会打电话求助的呢? |
[09:56] | How could Ralph Buchanan have called for help? | 那么 Ralph Buchanan 怎么会打电话求助的呢? |
[09:59] | He couldn’t. | 他不能 |
[10:03] | He didn’t. | 他没有 |
[10:18] | Wow. | 哇噢 |
[10:20] | I know. | 我知道 我知道 哇噢 十四个房间 |
[10:21] | I know. Wow, 14 bedrooms. | 我知道 哇噢 十四个房间 |
[10:25] | And he wanted to marry you. | 他想跟你结婚 |
[10:27] | Hey, let me just tell you about Paul Buchanan. | 嘿 让我跟你讲讲Paul Buchanan |
[10:29] | He basically stalked me for three years. | 他基本上跟踪了我三年 |
[10:31] | All during high school | 高中整整三年 |
[10:32] | he just kept on asking me out. | 他都在约我出去 他根本不理会 |
[10:34] | He wouldn’t take “drop dead” for an answer. | 去死吧 这种回答 |
[10:36] | The week before my senior prom, | 在高中毕业舞会的前一周 |
[10:38] | somebody mugged my boyfriend. | 有人袭击了我的男朋友 |
[10:40] | They broke his jaw and both his legs. | 他们打裂了他的下颚 打断了他的双腿 |
[10:44] | 14 bedrooms. | 十四间房 |
[10:46] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[10:47] | He beat up my boyfriend or hired some thug to do it. | 他暴打了我的男朋友 或者说是他雇的暴徒动的手 |
[10:50] | He thinks he can get away with anything. | 他觉得他逃脱所有的制裁 |
[10:52] | Like killing his father? | 比如杀了他的父亲? |
[10:54] | I wouldn’t put it past him. | 我不会让他逍遥法外的 |
[10:55] | All right, so the garage is back there. | 好了 那么车库就在后边 那辆Morgan就在里面 |
[10:57] | The Morgan is inside. | 他连修都没去修 |
[10:59] | He hasn’t even bothered to fix it. | |
[11:00] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[11:02] | My father saw it the last time he was here. | 我爸爸上次来的时候看到的 |
[11:06] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 |
[11:09] | Let’s take a look. | 好的 我们去看看吧 |
[11:11] | I can’t go in. | 我不能进去 我十分钟后在后边等你 |
[11:12] | I’ll meet you back here in ten minutes. | 你在说什么呀? |
[11:14] | What are you talking about? I’m not going in there alone. | 我才不要自己一个人进去 |
[11:16] | That would be like me going in some place alone. | 那会像是我一个人去某个地方 |
[11:21] | Mr. Monk, if he sees you, you can talk your way out of it. | Monk先生 如果他发现了你 你有办法脱身的 |
[11:24] | If he sees me, it’d be horrible. | 如果他看到了我 那就糟了 |
[11:26] | It’d be like high school all over again. | 又会将高中时代重新演绎一遍 我才不要呢 |
[11:28] | I can’t. Here, in case you need it. | 拿着 以防万一 |
[11:32] | Natalie, I really think you’re overreacting here. | Natalie 我真的觉得 你有点反应过度了 |
[11:36] | This was 20 years ago. People get older. | 那都是二十年前的事情了 大家都长大了 |
[11:39] | They mature– | 成熟了 |
[12:21] | Can I help you? | 我能帮你么? |
[12:22] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干吗呀? 抱歉 我 呃 |
[12:24] | Sorry. I, uh… | 你是来面试的么? |
[12:25] | Are you here for the job interview? | |
[12:28] | Yes, the interview. Exactly. | 是的 面试 确实是 |
[12:31] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[12:32] | He’s been waiting for ya. | 他一直在等你呢 |
[13:01] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[13:03] | This is in case the interview doesn’t go well. | 这个是为了以防面试进行得不顺利 |
[13:06] | Just joking. | 开个玩笑而已 |
[13:08] | I was doing a little hunting. | 我只是也打打猎 |
[13:10] | All right, so you’re here from the agency. | 好了 是中介推荐你来的 |
[13:12] | Where’s your resume? | 你的简历呢? |
[13:14] | I lost it. | 我弄丢了 |
[13:16] | You lost your resume. Well. | 你弄丢了你的简历 那么 |
[13:18] | It doesn’t bode well, does it? | 这兆头可不太好 是吧? |
[13:20] | No. | 是不太好 你叫什么名字? |
[13:21] | – What’s your name? – Adrian. | 是不太好 |
[13:25] | Adrian? | |
[13:30] | Melville. Adrian Melville. | |
[13:32] | Huh. What’s with this place? | 哈 这地方是怎么回事? |
[13:35] | I had friends over last night. | 昨晚有朋友过来 |
[13:37] | The room was a mess. | 房间里头先简直乱七八糟 |
[13:38] | While I was waiting, I sort of tidied up. | 我在等你的时候 已经整理过了 |
[13:42] | Well, I’m impressed. Very well done, Adrian Melville. | 那么 真是令人吃惊 做得很好 Adrian Melville |
[13:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 你以前拼过这个? |
[13:46] | Did you do this? | 你以前拼过这个? 是的 抱歉 抱歉 |
[13:47] | Yeah, sorry. Sorry. I couldn’t help myself. | 是的 抱歉 抱歉 我实在忍不住 |
[13:50] | In 20 minutes. | 二十分钟而已 |
[13:51] | I’ve been working on this puzzle for a month. | 我做这个拼图都做了一个月了 |
[13:52] | Sorry, I’ll mess it up again. | 抱歉 我会把它再弄乱的 |
[13:54] | I think I remember exactly how to– | 我想我清楚的记得是怎样 |
[13:56] | No-no-no-no-no, I got a couple of step sisters | 不 不 不 不 我有几个异父姊妹 她们觉得我永远都无法完成任何事 哈 那么 过来 请坐 |
[13:58] | who think I never finish anything. | |
[14:01] | Huh. Well, come on. Sit down. | |
[14:03] | Tell me, Melville, who have you worked for? | 告诉我 Melville 你以前为谁做事? 有没有我认识的人? |
[14:04] | – Anybody I know? – Hmm, I don’t think so. | 恩 我想您不认识 |
[14:08] | Leland Stottlemeyer, | 是旧金山的Stottlemeyer家族 |
[14:09] | of the San Francisco Stottlemeyers. | |
[14:13] | Randy Disher. Dr. Charles Kroger. | Randy Disher Charles Cook医生 |
[14:17] | No, I don’t know them. | 不 我不认识他们 |
[14:19] | And Natalie Teeger. | 还有Natalie Teeger |
[14:21] | Natalie? Really? | Natalie? 真的么? |
[14:22] | She grew up right down the street. | 她可就是在这条街上长大的 |
[14:24] | Hmm. | 恩 她没出嫁的时候 我跟她一起去上学的呢 |
[14:25] | I went to school with her when she was still Natalie Davenport. | 她没出嫁的时候 我跟她一起去上学的呢 |
[14:27] | She had a big crush on me, wouldn’t leave me alone. | 她那时候很喜欢我 简直是没有我就不行 |
[14:30] | Is that right? | 是么? 她现在什么样? |
[14:31] | How does she look? Does she still have that tattoo? | 她现在什么样? 身上还有纹身么? |
[14:34] | She has a tattoo? | 她有纹身? |
[14:35] | I guess you wouldn’t have seen it. | 我想你从来都没见到过 |
[14:37] | Not where she put it. | 反正不在能让你看的地方 |
[14:41] | Look, I’m having a big luncheon on Sunday. | 听着 我星期天要搞个盛大的午宴 |
[14:43] | A bunch of the old fossils from the family foundation. | 家庭基金会那票老古董会来吃饭 你觉得Natalie会来么? |
[14:46] | You think Natalie’d show up? Make the afternoon a lot better. | 或许下午来会好点 |
[14:48] | I don’t think… | 我觉得不会 |
[14:52] | Maybe. | 或许吧 好了 Adrian Melville 我是跟着我感觉走的 |
[14:53] | Well, Adrian Melville, I go with my gut. | 好了 Adrian Melville 我是跟着我感觉走的 |
[14:55] | My gut likes what it sees. | 我的感觉喜欢现在看到的这个人 如果Natalie Teeger推荐你来的话 那对我来说就够好了 |
[14:57] | If Natalie Teeger recommends you, that’s good enough for me. | 如果Natalie Teeger推荐你来的话 那对我来说就够好了 |
[14:59] | Congratulations, you’re my new butler. | 恭喜你成为我的新管家 |
[15:01] | I’m your butler? | 我是你的管家? |
[15:03] | Yeah, come on. I’ll show you around. Your room’s upstairs. Grab that drink. | 是啊 来吧 我带你到处看看 你的房间在楼上 拿上那杯酒 |
[15:18] | Natalie, it’s for you. | Natalie 找你的 |
[15:21] | Oh, thank you. Hello? | 噢 谢谢 哈罗? |
[15:24] | Oh, Mr. Monk, thank God. | 噢 Monk先生 谢天谢地 |
[15:26] | I’m gonna need you to come and get me now. | 我要你现在就过来接我 |
[15:28] | Well, what happened? Where are you? | 恩 到底怎么了? 你在哪儿? |
[15:30] | I’m in my bedroom. I work here now. | 在我的卧室 我现在在这儿工作了 |
[15:32] | I’m the butler. | 做管家 |
[15:34] | You’re the butler? | 你做管家? |
[15:35] | Yes, your old boyfriend just hired me. | 是啊 你的前男友刚刚雇佣了我 |
[15:38] | I’m the new manservant. | 我现在是他的新男仆 |
[15:40] | I think that’s great. | 我觉得真是太棒了 |
[15:41] | Do ya? Do ya really? | 真的? |
[15:43] | Do ya think it’s great? | 你真的这么认为? 你觉得很棒么? |
[15:45] | Yeah, you’ll be able to look around. | 是啊 这样你就能四处查看了 你现在有机会啦 |
[15:47] | You’re right there. You’re in the belly of the beast. | 你已经深入敌人心脏了啊 |
[15:49] | Natalie, it’s not a good thing. It’s a bad thing. | Natalie 这可不是什么好事 是件坏事 |
[15:51] | Okay, it’s a belly, and it’s a beast. | 好了 又是敌人 又是心脏的 |
[15:54] | Now come and get me. | 现在过来接我 |
[15:55] | How ’bout this? I pick you up tomorrow morning. | 要不这样吧? 我明天早上来接你 |
[15:57] | Tomorrow morning? | 明天早上? 是啊 |
[15:59] | Yes, maybe by then we’ll have something to show the captain. | 或许那时候 我们就有证据给队长看了 |
[16:01] | Okay, yeah, that’s one scenario. | 好的 是啊 |
[16:04] | May I suggest an alternate scenario? | 那是一种方案 我能建议个可选方案么? |
[16:08] | Pick me up! | 过来接我 有人 他 有人来了 |
[16:12] | There’s somebody–somebody here. I’ll call you later. | 我晚点再打给你 好了 |
[16:14] | Well, wait-w-w-wait. | 等 等等 |
[16:17] | Come in. | 进来 |
[16:20] | Mr. Melville? | Melville先生? |
[16:21] | Yeah, Melville. | 是的 Melville |
[16:23] | Hi. I’m Suzy, the housekeeper. | 嗨 我是Suzy 是女管家 |
[16:25] | Assistant housekeeper, actually. | 事实上是助理管家 |
[16:28] | And Mrs. Murphy wanted me to see if you needed anything. | Murphy夫人让我过来 看看你有没有什么需要 |
[16:31] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 好了 我很好 我得给你拿制服来 |
[16:32] | I’m supposed to pick up your uniform, | 我得给你拿制服来 |
[16:34] | and I need to know your size. | 我得知道你的尺码 |
[16:36] | Oh, thank you, Suzy, but that won’t be, uh… | 噢 谢谢你 Suzy 不过 不用了 呃 |
[16:41] | I’m a 42 regular. | 我都穿四十二码的衣服 |
[16:43] | I’m sorry about all the mess. This was Stilson’s room. | 很抱歉这里一团糟 |
[16:46] | And he subscribed to, like, 50 magazines. | 这以前是Stilson先生的房间 |
[16:49] | Who’s Stilson? | 他订了好象五十本杂志 谁是Stilson? |
[16:51] | Your predecessor. | 你的前任 |
[16:52] | Edward Stilson. | |
[16:54] | He was with the family forever. | 他一辈子都在为这个家服务 |
[16:56] | I just can’t believe he left like that. | 我真不敢相信他居然那样离开了 |
[16:58] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思呢? |
[17:00] | Well, Mr. Buchanan said that they had a really big fight | 恩 Buchanan先生说 他们为了欠薪问题还是什么 |
[17:03] | about back pay or something. | 大吵了一架 |
[17:05] | Stilson just stormed out of the house. | Stilson就气冲冲地离开家了 什么时候的事? |
[17:07] | When was this? | 上个星期 |
[17:08] | Last week. | 而且他连箱子 |
[17:10] | And he left his suitcase and all of his pictures. | 和他所有的照片都没拿 那么 |
[17:15] | Well, he’ll probably send for them when he cools off. | 等他冷静下来 他可能会叫人来拿的吧 |
[17:18] | Um, I know you haven’t even unpacked yet, | 恩 我知道你都还没来得及 整理自己的东西 |
[17:21] | but we need you to approve this. | 但是我们需要您审查一下这个 |
[17:23] | It’s the seating chart for the luncheon on Sunday. | 这是星期天午宴的座位表 肯定没问题 |
[17:26] | I’m sure it’s fine. Just do whatever you want. | 照你们的意思做 好的 先生 |
[17:29] | Very well, sir. | 如果您有需要的话 就到下面大厅找我 |
[17:30] | I’m right down the hall if you need me. | 如果您有需要的话 就到下面大厅找我 |
[17:33] | Excuse me, could I see that again? | 不好意思 我能再看看么? |
[17:40] | There’ll be 11 at the table? | 会有十一个人就餐? |
[17:42] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[17:43] | So do you just wanna put five on one side | 那么 你是想一边安排五位 |
[17:47] | and then six on the other? | 而另一边安排六位? 不 |
[17:48] | No, no, no. That wouldn’t be even. | 不 不 |
[17:50] | It has to be even. | 这不是个偶数 一定得是个偶数 |
[17:52] | How long is the table? | 餐桌有多长? |
[17:56] | Um, I’m not sure. | 恩 |
[17:58] | Suzy. Suzy. | 我不太确定 |
[18:00] | I don’t know what I’m going to do with you. | 我不知道该拿你怎么办 |
[18:46] | This fork is a centimeter too close. | 叉子摆得近了一厘米 |
[18:48] | It’s only a centimeter. | 只不过是一厘米而已 |
[18:51] | For the want of a nail, Mrs. Murphy, | 就因为少了一颗钉子 Murphy夫人 |
[18:54] | the kingdom was lost. | 国家就灭亡了 |
[19:00] | One centimeter off on this side. | 这边少一厘米 |
[19:02] | One centimeter off on that side. | 那边又少一厘米 |
[19:05] | Before you know it what have you got? | 在你发现之前 你会得到什么结果? |
[19:07] | Two centimeters? | 两厘米么? |
[19:12] | Uh-oh. Who folded this napkin? | 呃 噢 |
[19:16] | I did, sir. | 这是谁叠的餐巾纸? 是我 先生 |
[19:19] | And you call this a beveled half-Bedford? | 你称这为斜面半贝德福德折法? |
[19:22] | Mr. Melville, it’s 2:30 in the morning. | Melville先生 现在是凌晨两点半 |
[19:26] | We’ve been here all night. | 我们已经在这里干了一整晚了 |
[19:28] | Um-hmm. | 恩 恩 |
[19:29] | Luncheon isn’t until Sunday afternoon, sir. | 午宴星期天下午才举行 先生 |
[19:33] | Almost done, Mrs. Murphy. | 就快好了 |
[19:36] | Almost finished. | 就快完成了 |
[19:46] | How tall is Mr. Fairchild? | Fairchild先生有多高? |
[19:49] | About my height, sir. | 跟我差不多高 先生 |
[19:52] | Then he belongs over here across from Miss Monica. | 那么 他应该站到那边去 Monica小姐那边 |
[19:56] | Symmetry. Sweet symmetry. | 对称 可爱的对称呀 |
[19:59] | That’s fine, sir. Except– | 很好 先生 但是 |
[20:00] | Except? | 但是? |
[20:02] | You can’t put Mr. B next to his stepsisters. | 你不能让B先生 坐在他的异父姐妹们旁边 |
[20:05] | They hate each other. | 他们相互憎恨 |
[20:07] | There was an accident about a year ago. | 一年前发生了一场事故 |
[20:09] | A car crash. | 是场车祸 她们的母亲比Buchanan先生的父亲 早几分钟死去 |
[20:10] | Their mother died a few moments before Mr. Buchanan’s father. | 她们的母亲比Buchanan先生的父亲 早几分钟死去 |
[20:14] | Mmm, yes, I heard that story. | 恩 是的 我听说了 |
[20:17] | Apparently when it came time to divide the estate, | 很显然 在涉及到房产的分配问题上 |
[20:20] | Monica and Clara didn’t feel they were treated | Monica和Clara觉得 |
[20:23] | as fairly as they might have been. | 她们没有得到她们应得的公平待遇 |
[20:26] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[20:28] | How much did they get? | 她们得到了多少遗产? |
[20:30] | Nothing. | 一无所获 |
[20:32] | And they wanted more? | 她们想再得到些财产? |
[20:33] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 她们显然想要 |
[20:34] | Apparently they did. | 她们显然想要 |
[20:42] | 911, what is your emergency? | 九一一 您有什么紧急情况? |
[20:44] | My wife. She’s dead. | 我的妻子 她死了 |
[20:46] | Where are you? | 您在哪儿? |
[20:47] | On Sweeney Road. | 在Sweeney大道上 |
[20:49] | Right near Spider Lake. | 就在Spider湖旁边 |
[20:51] | I’m feeling her pulse. She’s definitely dead. | 我摸过她的脉搏了 她肯定死了 |
[20:53] | She’s not breathing. Her neck is broken. | 没有呼吸 脖子也断了 |
[20:55] | I don’t think I– | 我想我不 呃 |
[20:56] | Oh, God! | 噢 天哪 |
[20:58] | Uh, I can’t breathe. | 呃 我无法呼吸了 |
[21:00] | – Sir? – My heart! | 啊 我的心脏 |
[21:04] | – What does that prove? – Are you kidding? | 那能证明什么呀? 你开玩笑吧? |
[21:06] | It proves everything. There’s nothing to discuss. | 这可以证明一切 没什么好说的了 |
[21:08] | Captain, we were there yesterday. | 队长 我们昨天去过那儿了 |
[21:09] | There’s no reception. He couldn’t have made that call. | 那儿没有信号 他不可能打那通电话 |
[21:12] | That happens all the time, Natalie, | 总是会有这种情况的 Natalie 有好几百万给理由呢 |
[21:13] | for a million different reasons — | 比如不同的手机 |
[21:15] | different cell phones, terrain. | 不同的地形 |
[21:17] | Read the coroner’s report. | 看看验尸官的报告 一年前的四月九日 |
[21:18] | April 9th, one year ago, | 一年前的四月九日 |
[21:20] | Camilla Buchanan died in the accident upon impact. | 死于交通意外中发生的碰撞 |
[21:23] | Ralph Buchanan died of a heart attack. | Ralph Buchanan死于心脏病突发 |
[21:25] | He did it. I know he did it. | 是他干的 我知道是他干的 |
[21:27] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:29] | Because he made you cry in homeroom? | 因为他曾在教室里把你弄哭了? |
[21:31] | Because I know him and guys like him. | 因为我了解他以及和他一样的家伙 |
[21:33] | They think they own the world, and you know what? | 他们觉得整个世界都是他们的 而你知道么? |
[21:35] | Because they do. | 因为他们确实拥有这个世界 Monk 你怎么想? |
[21:36] | Monk, what do you think? | 听着 Natalie 你听过录音带了 |
[21:38] | Look, Natalie, you heard the tape. | 听着 Natalie 你听过录音带了 |
[21:39] | It was an accident. | 那是场意外 女的撞了脑袋 男的心脏病突发 |
[21:40] | She hit her head. He had a heart attack. | 女的撞了脑袋 男的心脏病突发 |
[21:42] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to work. | 现在 如果可以的话 我得回去做事了 |
[21:45] | W-w-wait. Why are you going back to work? | 等 等等 你为什么要回去做事? |
[21:47] | – What work? – He’s a butler. | – 什么事? – 他是个管家 |
[21:49] | We prefer to be called house managers. | 我们更喜欢被称作房屋主管 |
[21:50] | He’s working for Paul Buchanan undercover. | 他现在在Paul Buchanan那里做卧底 |
[21:52] | I was undercover. | 我曾经是卧底 现在我在考虑以此为业 |
[21:54] | Now I’m thinking about making it official. | 现在我在考虑以此为业 |
[21:56] | – As a butler? – A house manager. | – 做管家? |
[21:58] | They prefer house manager. | – 做房屋主管 他们喜欢被称作房屋主管 |
[22:00] | Why? | 为什么? |
[22:01] | I’m good at it. | 我擅长于此啊 不 |
[22:03] | No, you’re good at this. You’re good at being a cop. | 你擅长于干这个 你擅长于当警察 |
[22:05] | Really? The department doesn’t seem to think so. | 真的么? 局里可不这么认为 噢 我明白了 |
[22:08] | Oh, I get it. | 你是说那些狗娘养的 |
[22:09] | Those sons of bitches and the hiring freeze. | 和那个狗屁冻结招聘 |
[22:10] | Look, Monk, I told you I am working on that, okay? | 听着 Monk 我告诉过你了 我正在想办法? 你就多给我点时间吧 |
[22:14] | Just give me a little more time. | 太晚了 |
[22:15] | It’s too late, captain. I’ve moved on. | 队长 我已经迈向新生活了 |
[22:18] | It’s a new dawn. | 新生活开始了 |
[22:19] | What about Natalie? | 那Natalie怎么办? |
[22:21] | I’m hoping that Natalie will remain in my employ. | 我希望继续雇佣Natalie |
[22:23] | There is a position opening up in the kitchen. | 厨房里还有个职位空缺 |
[22:25] | Speaking of kitchens, I really must get back. | 说到厨房 我真的得回去了 |
[22:28] | I have a duck in the oven | 我还放了只鸭子在炉子里 |
[22:29] | that’s not going to braise itself. | 它可不会自己把自己给蒸了 |
[22:31] | And the master is very particular about that sort of thing. | 主人对这方面特别挑剔 |
[22:40] | The master? | 主人 |
[22:55] | Wow. | 很好 |
[22:59] | Very good. | |
[23:01] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[23:03] | Thank you, Mr. Melville. | 谢谢你 Melville先生 |
[23:05] | Well, I don’t have to remind you people | 那么 |
[23:06] | how important these stupid luncheons are. | 我就不必再提醒你们 那愚蠢的午宴有多重要了 |
[23:08] | The old bats are gunning for me. | 那些老家伙对我虎视耽耽 |
[23:10] | They want me to screw up. | 他们就想我搞砸 |
[23:11] | They expect me to screw up. | 就希望我搞砸了 |
[23:13] | I intend to disappoint them. | 我要让他们大失所望 |
[23:15] | – Mr. Melville. – Thank you, sir. | Melville先生 谢谢你 先生 |
[23:18] | Mr. Puckridge. | Puckridge先生 |
[23:21] | I’ve divided the house into four zones. | 我已经把这屋子分成了四个区域 |
[23:24] | Mr. Stilson usually just has us start in the kitchen. | Stilson通常都是让我们 就从厨房开始打扫 |
[23:29] | Mr. Stilson is no longer with us. | Stilson先生已经离开我们了 |
[23:32] | So from now on, we’re going to be cleaning the house my way. | 从现在开始 得用我的方法来打扫 |
[23:36] | The Monk way. | Monk的方法 |
[23:38] | Who’s Monk? | 谁是Monk? |
[23:48] | You see… | 要知道 |
[23:50] | I grew up in a monastery. | 我是在个修道院里长大的 |
[23:52] | And the monks were very demanding. | 僧侣们要求非常苛刻 (Monk就是僧侣的意思) |
[23:55] | We were cleaning constantly. | 我们得不断的清扫 |
[23:57] | 18 hours a day. | 一天工作十八个小时 |
[24:01] | Mostly dusting. | 大多数时间都在扫灰 |
[24:03] | It was very dusty. | 总是布满灰尘 |
[24:05] | Crypts, catacombs. | 地窖 酒窖 |
[24:08] | It was holy dust. | 全是神圣的灰尘 |
[24:11] | But still– | 但那毕竟 |
[24:14] | You know, dust. | 你知道的 毕竟也是灰尘 |
[24:19] | That is the Monk way. | 那就是Monk的方法 |
[24:22] | Well, you heard the man. We’ll be doing it the Monk way. | 那么 你们都听到了 我们得照Monk的方法来做 |
[24:30] | Zone one… | 第一区 |
[24:37] | The Swiffer please. | 麻烦拿掸子来 |
[25:10] | A flaw in the crystal. | 水晶上有条裂纹 |
[25:16] | – I don’t see it. – I do. | – 我都没看到 – 我看到了 |
[25:36] | No. | 不 |
[26:18] | Are you all right, sir? | 你没事吧 先生? |
[26:19] | Yes. I’m fine. | 是的 我很好 |
[26:21] | There’s just so much to do. | 只是太多事情要做了 |
[26:24] | He does one of these every month? | 他每个月才做一次? |
[26:27] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[26:31] | Is that blood? | 那是血么? |
[26:35] | I’ll take care of it, sir. | 我会弄好的 先生 |
[26:37] | See that you do. | 看看你干的什么呀 |
[26:50] | Almost done. | 差不多好了 |
[26:54] | There you go. | 你在这儿呀 |
[26:55] | Thank you, Melville. | 谢谢你 Melville |
[26:56] | Your attention to detail is almost pathological. | 你对细节的注意 真是到了变态的地步 |
[26:59] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[27:00] | It’s almost noon. | 差不多中午了 |
[27:02] | I think we should be getting downstairs. | 我想我们应该下楼去了 |
[27:04] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:05] | Still not complet– | 还没有完成 |
[27:07] | Thank you, Melville. | 谢谢你 Melville |
[27:09] | My pleasure, sir. | 那是我的荣幸 |
[27:11] | Ooh. I’m sorry. | – 噢 – 抱歉 |
[27:13] | There we go. | 好了 |
[27:15] | Now, your guests should be arriving any second– | 现在 您的客人随时会到来 |
[27:17] | I’m sorry. It’s still slightly– | 抱歉 还是有点 |
[27:19] | You know what? It’s fine. It’s close enough. | 你知道么? 已经很好了 |
[27:20] | One second. Almost have it. | – 够紧的了 – 就一下 差不多了 |
[27:22] | – I said it’s fine. – I just have to center it. | 我说好了 我得把它往中间弄点 |
[27:24] | You know what? I’m just gonna lose the tie. | 你知道么? 我要把领带摘掉 |
[27:26] | And go with something a little more casual. | 还有 弄得更休闲点 |
[27:28] | Yes, sir. Good choice. | 是的 先生 好选择 |
[27:31] | Speaking of Natalie. | 说到Natalie |
[27:32] | Were we speaking of Natalie? | 我们有说到过Natalie么? |
[27:34] | – Well, we are now. – Ah. | – 那么 我们现在就说说 – 啊 |
[27:36] | She didn’t RSVP, did she? | 她没有回复 是么? |
[27:39] | I’m afraid not, sir. | 恐怕没有 先生 |
[27:43] | It is better to have loved and lost, | 最好是爱过 然后失去 |
[27:45] | then never to have loved at all. | 然后就再也不爱了 |
[27:48] | Do you believe that, Melville? | 你相信这个么 Melville? |
[27:51] | I don’t know, sir. | 我不知道 先生 |
[27:52] | It’s a tough call. | 这可不好说 |
[28:27] | Paul, this mushroom bisque is just heavenly. | Paul 蘑菇浓汤真是美味极了 |
[28:30] | Well, it’s Camilla’s recipe. | 恩 这是Camilla的秘方 |
[28:32] | I thought it was appropriate since the foundation was her idea. | 我想既然基金会是她想出来的 用这道汤再合适不过了 |
[28:35] | Mr. Melville, I’ll have some more soup. | Melville先生 我要再来点汤 |
[28:37] | – My diet be damned. – Very good, sir. | 真是太好吃了 很好 先生 |
[28:39] | Paulie, I have to say, | Paulie 我不得不说 |
[28:41] | when you’re sitting in that chair in that suit, | 你穿着那套衣服 坐在那张椅子上 |
[28:43] | you look just like your father. | 真是像极了你父亲 |
[28:46] | You sound like him too. | 说起话来也跟他一样 |
[28:48] | He’s a crook. | 他是个骗子 |
[28:50] | Monica, did you say something? | Monica 你说什么了? |
[28:52] | I said you can’t judge a crook by his cover. | 我说你不能以貌取人 |
[28:57] | Sir, there’s a phone call for you. | 先生 有电话找您 |
[28:59] | A Miss Teeger. | 是Teeger小姐 |
[29:00] | Who? | 谁? |
[29:01] | Natalie Teeger. | |
[29:03] | I’ll call her back. | 我会给她打回去的 |
[29:05] | She said that it’s very important. | 她说非常重要 |
[29:08] | It can’t be more important than this, can it? | 那也不会比这重要啊 对吧? |
[29:16] | He said what? | 他说什么? |
[29:33] | Oh! | 噢 |
[29:34] | It’s only the second course, and I can barely move. | 才上到第二道菜 我都差不多已经饱到动不了了 |
[29:36] | As long as you can still sign those checks, Alfred, | 只要你还能签了那些支票 Alfred |
[29:38] | that’s all that matters. | 其他就无所谓了 |
[29:41] | Paul, I’m so glad you decided to keep the house. | Paul 对于你决定保留这房子 我感到非常高兴 |
[29:43] | We were afraid you might sell it. | 我们还怕你把它给卖掉 |
[29:44] | Oh, absolutely not. I will never sell this place. | 噢 当然不会 我绝对不会卖了这地方的 |
[29:47] | This is the homestead, Roger. | 这是我们的家园 Roger |
[29:48] | This is where Clara, Monica, and I grew up. | 是我 Clara还有Monica 一起长大的地方 |
[29:50] | – Until you kicked us out. – Monica. | – 直到你把我们踢出家门 |
[29:52] | – Not now. – Why not now? | 现在别 为什么现在别说? |
[29:55] | We may never be invited back. | 我们可能再也不会被邀请回来了 |
[29:56] | You know what I can’t get past? | 你知道我不能释怀的是什么吗? |
[29:58] | Our mother died ten minutes before his father. | 我们的母亲早他的父亲十分钟去世 |
[30:02] | If Ralph had died first, | 如果Ralph先死的话 |
[30:03] | we would have inherited everything. | 继承一切的就是我们 |
[30:05] | Ten minutes. 600 seconds. | 十分钟 六百秒 |
[30:08] | Are you accusing me of something, Monica? | 你是在指控我什么吗 Monica? |
[30:10] | All I’m saying is, you’re either very lucky… | 我要说的就是 |
[30:13] | or very smart. | 你要么就是够走运 要么就是够狡猾 |
[30:16] | And I’m very drunk. | 我喝多了 |
[30:19] | I’m sorry to interrupt, but we have another guest. | 抱歉打搅了 |
[30:24] | Natalie! | 有客人来了 |
[30:25] | Is there room for one more? | 有地方再坐一个人么? |
[30:26] | I changed my mind and decided to come. | 我改主意了 决定过来 |
[30:28] | Well, of course there is. Mr. Melville! | 那么 当然有地方 Melville先生 |
[30:31] | You remember Mr. Melville, don’t you? | 你还记得Melville先生 对吧? |
[30:33] | – Yes, of course. – Miss Teeger. | 是的 当然 |
[30:35] | I should never have let Mr. Melville go. | – Teeger小姐 – 我真不应该让Melville先生走的 |
[30:37] | Miss Teeger will be joining us. | Teeger小姐将加入我们的午宴 |
[30:39] | We’ll need another place setting. | 加多个位置 |
[30:40] | I don’t think there’s room, sir. | 我想没地方了 先生 |
[30:41] | It’s all been planned out to the centimeter. | 这一切都是按照厘米来安排的 |
[30:43] | It took me all night. | 花了我一整晚的时间 |
[30:45] | Melville, I’m not gonna ask you again. | Melville 我不会再多说一遍 |
[30:47] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[30:48] | Put Miss Teeger at the table. | 安排Teeger小姐坐上餐桌 |
[30:50] | Put her next to me. And do it now. | 让她挨着我坐 现在就办 |
[30:56] | As you wish. | 如您所愿 |
[30:59] | Everyone, this is Natalie Davenport, | 大家注意 这是Natalie Davenport |
[31:02] | an old friend of mine from high school. | 是我中学时代的朋友 |
[31:04] | At least I hope she still considers me a friend. | 至少我希望她还把我当作朋友 |
[31:06] | Oh. | |
[31:08] | You look fantastic. Really. | 你看起来棒极了 真的 |
[31:10] | I mean, you haven’t changed a bit since high school. | 我是说跟中学那时候比起来 你真是一点没变 |
[31:13] | Oh, wow. I wouldn’t say that. | 噢 哇噢 我可不敢那么说 |
[31:18] | Look at that. Congratulations. | 看看呀 恭喜了 |
[31:21] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢你 |
[31:22] | My boyfriend couldn’t make it. | 我男朋友没空来 |
[31:24] | He had to go to anger management class. | 他得去参加他的管理课程 |
[31:29] | Again. | 又一次 |
[31:31] | Well, I better get back to the– | 好了 我得回去 |
[31:33] | I’m glad you could come. | 很高兴你能来 |
[31:37] | Mr. Melville. | Melville先生 |
[31:38] | Will you help me with my coat? | 你能帮我拿下外套么? |
[31:47] | How did you do that? | 你怎么搞成这样的? |
[31:48] | See, Mr. Monk, when two people love each other, | 看到了么 Monk先生 如果两个人相爱的话 |
[31:50] | they wanna express that love. | 他们会表达爱意的 |
[31:52] | – What? – It’s a pillow! | – 什么? – 是个枕头 |
[31:54] | Ah, well, that explains almost nothing. | 啊 那么 那可说明不了什么 |
[31:56] | I had to come. | 我必须得来 |
[31:57] | I realized something about the frogs. | 我想到了关于青蛙的一些事 |
[31:59] | What frogs? | – 什么青蛙? |
[32:00] | Okay, on that 911 call there were no frogs in the background. | – 好了 那通九一一电话里没有青蛙的叫声 |
[32:02] | You were there. Remember how loud they were? | 你去过那儿的 还记得它们有多吵么? |
[32:04] | That call was definitely made from someplace else. | 那通电话肯定是在别的地方打的 |
[32:06] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[32:08] | Maybe they just weren’t croaking. | 可能当时它们没嗄嗄叫 |
[32:09] | – Maybe they were tired. – Frogs don’t get tired. | 可能它们累了 青蛙不会累的 |
[32:11] | – You don’t think frogs get tired? – No, I don’t. | – 你认为青蛙不会累? – 是啊 我是这么认为 |
[32:13] | Believe me. Frogs get tired. | 相信我 青蛙会累的 |
[32:14] | The hopping and the thing with the tongue. | 它们又要跳 又要吐舌头 |
[32:16] | You try hopping around and catching flies. | 你试试跳着到处抓飞虫 |
[32:18] | You wouldn’t last ten minutes. | 你都坚持不了十分钟 |
[32:19] | This man is a creep. Why are you protecting him? | 这家伙是个变态 你为什么要保护他? |
[32:22] | I’m not protecting anyone. There is no evidence here. | 我没有保护任何人 只是根本没有证据 |
[32:24] | Then find some. You’re a detective. | 那么去找证据呀 你是个侦探 |
[32:26] | You were supposed to go check out the car in the garage. | 你应该去查查车库里那辆车的 |
[32:28] | – Have you been to the garage? – No, something came up. | 你去车库了么? 没有 遇到了些事情 |
[32:30] | – What? – This. | – 什么事? – 就这个 |
[32:32] | My life. My new career. | 我的生活 我的新事业 |
[32:33] | I love it here. | 我很喜欢在这儿做事 |
[32:35] | No, you don’t. Yes, I do. | – 不 你不喜欢 – 是的 我喜欢 |
[32:36] | No, you don’t. I can tell. You look terrible. | 不 你不喜欢 我看得出来 你看起来糟透了 |
[32:38] | Well, fortunately, this job is not about my looks. | 那么 幸运的是 这份工作可不用靠我的外表 |
[32:40] | Have you been sleeping at all? | 你有睡过觉么? |
[32:42] | Mr. Melville! | Melville先生 |
[32:43] | Shall we begin the main course, sir? | 我们能开始上主菜了么 先生? |
[32:46] | Yes, thank you, Mrs. Murphy. | 是的 谢谢你 Murphy夫人 |
[32:50] | Should you be drinking that? | 你能喝那个么? |
[33:08] | I’ll have some quail, please. | 请给我来点鹌鹑 |
[33:10] | He took the quail. We’re alternating. | 他拿走了那只鹌鹑 我们是轮流上的 |
[33:13] | I’d prefer the quail. | 我想要鹌鹑 |
[33:16] | It’s just we’ve been going quail, duck, | 我们是按照鹌鹑 鸭子 的顺序上的 |
[33:19] | quail, duck, quail, duck… | 鹌鹑 鸭子 鹌鹑 鸭子 |
[33:21] | I don’t like duck. | 我不喜欢鸭子 |
[33:22] | Then you’ll have to sit over there. | 那么 你得坐过来了 |
[33:24] | I have to change seats? | 我得换位置了? |
[33:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[33:30] | Here. | 这儿 |
[33:32] | Two quails… right next to each other. | 两只鹌鹑 紧挨着彼此 |
[33:38] | Enjoy. | 慢慢享用 |
[33:40] | By the way, | 对了 |
[33:41] | you’re all invited to stay. | 我邀请你们都在这里留宿 |
[33:43] | Alfred and I are gonna do some quail hunting later | Alfred和我 还有几个邻居 |
[33:45] | with a few of the neighbors. | 晚点会去打鹌鹑 |
[33:47] | Where’s Natalie? | Natalie去哪儿了? |
[33:49] | She said she had to freshen up, sir. | 她说她得去梳洗一下 先生 |
[33:52] | Really? | 真的? |
[34:16] | April 9th. | 四月九日 |
[34:18] | The night they died. | 他们去世的那个晚上 |
[34:21] | 8:30. God, so he was here. | 八点半 天哪 他回来了的 |
[34:26] | There you are. | 你在这儿啊 |
[34:28] | I was getting worried. | 我还担心你呢 |
[34:29] | Oh, I was just feeling nauseous. | 噢 我只是觉得有点恶心 |
[34:32] | So you came to the garage? | 那么 你来车库了? |
[34:33] | Yeah, I didn’t wanna bother anybody. | 是啊 我不想麻烦任何人 |
[34:39] | I’m glad you did. | 很高兴你来了 |
[34:40] | I wanted to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[34:43] | Sometimes I think about adopting a kid. | 有时候我想领养个孩子 |
[34:46] | Someone to share all this with. | 能有个人跟我分享这一切 |
[34:50] | So if things don’t work out with you and your boyfriend– | 那么 如果你跟你男朋友 走不到一块了的话 |
[34:53] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 是啊 |
[34:55] | Yeah, that’s something to think about. | 是啊 我会考虑 |
[34:59] | Well, I’d better get back in there. | 那么 我最好是回去了 |
[35:39] | You’re leaving? | 你要走了? |
[35:41] | We’re going hunting. I wanted to invite you. | 我们要去打猎 我还想邀请你一起去呢 |
[35:45] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢你了 |
[35:48] | Your parents will be joining us. | 你父母都会一起来呢 |
[35:49] | I can’t. I have to take care of something. | 我不了 我还有事情得做 |
[35:52] | Oh, I’m sure they’ll be fine. | 噢 我保证他们会没事的 |
[35:54] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[35:57] | You know what it’s like hunting. | 你知道打猎那回事 |
[35:59] | Accidents happen all the time. | 总会有意外发生 |
[36:02] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[36:04] | I’ll look after them. | 我会照看他们的 |
[37:04] | Police? | 警察? |
[37:21] | What have I done? | 我都做了些什么呀? |
[37:38] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[37:39] | We’re over here. | 我们在这边 |
[37:41] | It’s okay. Go ahead. We’ll catch up. | 好的 先去吧 我们就来 |
[38:03] | Hey! Where’s Natalie? | 嘿 Natalie在哪儿? |
[38:04] | The pregnant lady? | 那个怀孕的女士? |
[38:05] | She’s with the boss. They went hunting. | 她跟老板在一起 打猎去了 |
[38:14] | All right, give me the page. | 好了 把那页给我 |
[38:16] | What? | 什么? |
[38:17] | My father’s journal. You stole a page. | 我父亲的行车日志 |
[38:19] | Give it to me. | 你偷了一页 拿给我 |
[38:26] | Put it on. | 穿上 |
[38:29] | Why? | 为什么? 这儿会发生场意外 |
[38:31] | There’s gonna be an accident. | 我告诉过你了 |
[38:32] | I told you, it happens all the time. | 意外总是会发生的 |
[38:36] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[38:38] | Have you seen Natalie? | 你有看到Natalie么? |
[38:39] | She’s with Paul. Back that way. | 她跟Paul在一起 去后边了 |
[38:42] | I’m gonna have to borrow this. | 我得借用一下这个 |
[38:47] | What– You just– You can’t do this! | 什么 你 你不能这样做 |
[38:48] | Oh, I can’t? | 噢 我不能? |
[38:49] | Look up there. See that well? | 看看那儿 看清楚么? |
[38:51] | Twp weeks ago I shot my butler and dropped his body in it. | 两星期前 我枪杀了我的管家 把他抛尸在这里 |
[38:57] | You shoulda gone with me to the prom, Nattie. | 你应该跟我一起去参加舞会的 Nattie |
[39:00] | Buchanan! Lower the weapon | Buchanan 放下武器 |
[39:02] | – Melville? – Just lower it! | – 放下武器 |
[39:11] | Well, you’re fired. | 那么 你被解雇了 不用说也知道 |
[39:12] | That goes without saying. | 不用说也知道 |
[39:15] | Mr. Monk, look, his father kept a journal. | Monk先生 听着 |
[39:17] | He came back before he died. | 他父亲有本行车日志 在他死之前 他回来过 |
[39:21] | Makes sense. | 那就说得通了 |
[39:23] | It all makes sense now. | 现在一切都说得通了 |
[39:25] | His father died of a heart attack, like the coroner said. | 正如验尸官所说 他父亲死于心脏病突发 |
[39:29] | Paul must have found him. | Paul肯定发现了他 |
[39:32] | But he had a problem. | 但是他却遇到了个大问题 |
[39:34] | His stepmother would inherit everything, | 这样的话 他的继母将继承一切 |
[39:37] | and he would be completely cut out. | 而他将会被踢走 |
[39:40] | – Unless– – She died too. | – 除非 – 她也死了 |
[39:43] | She not only had to die, she had to die first. | 她不仅得死 还得比他父亲先死 |
[39:47] | Or at least it had to look like it. | 或者 |
[39:50] | Because if she died second, even by a few minutes, | 至少得让人看起来如此 因为如果她后死的话 |
[39:54] | her children would inherit everything. | 甚至就算只后死几分钟 她的孩子们都会继承一切 |
[39:57] | He got her to leave the house. | 他让她离开了家 |
[39:59] | “Come quickly. There’s been an accident.” | 快点 发生了车祸 |
[40:04] | He brought her up to Sweeney Road. | 他把她带到了Sweeney大道 |
[40:07] | And that’s where he killed her. | 就在那儿杀了她 |
[40:11] | Then he set the stage. | 然后布置好了现场 |
[40:13] | You were right about the phone call. | 关于那个电话你说对了 |
[40:16] | There was no signal. | 那地方根本没信号 |
[40:18] | He had to walk a few miles to call 911. | 他得走出几英里再打九一一 |
[40:22] | My wife! She’s dead! | 我妻子 她死了 您在哪儿? |
[40:23] | Where are you? | 在Sweeney大道上 |
[40:25] | On Sweeney Road! | 就在Spider湖旁边 |
[40:26] | Right near Spider Lake! | 我摸过她的脉搏了 |
[40:28] | I’m feeling her pulse. She’s definitely dead. | 她肯定死了 |
[40:31] | She’s not breathing. Her neck is broken. | 没有呼吸 脖子也断了 |
[40:33] | I don’t think I– | 我想我不 呃 噢 天哪 |
[40:35] | Oh, God. | 呃 我无法呼吸了 |
[40:36] | – I can’t breathe. – Sir. | – 先生 – 啊 我的心脏 |
[40:38] | – My heart! – Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[40:40] | Imitating his father was easy. | 模仿他的父亲很容易 |
[40:42] | As Clara had mentioned, you sounded just like him. | 正如Clara所说的 你说话听起来跟他很像 |
[40:45] | So it was perfect! They were both dead. | 真是太完美了 他们俩都死了 |
[40:49] | Your stepmother had obviously died first. | 而且你的继母 很显然还先死 |
[40:51] | Who are you? | 你是谁? 他是我的老板 |
[40:52] | Adrian Monk This is my boss, Adrian Monk. | |
[40:54] | Hello! | 哈罗 |
[40:56] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉 我们迟到了 |
[40:58] | Hello, darling. | 哈罗 亲爱的 |
[41:03] | Natalie? When did this happen? | 这是什么时候的事? |
[41:18] | I told you I’d take care of it. | 我说了我能搞定的 |
[41:20] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[41:21] | It’s from the deputy commissioner. | 这是副专员签署的文件 |
[41:23] | That’s his signature. | 那是他的签名 |
[41:24] | It says that you, Adrian Monk, | 上面说 你 Adrian Monk |
[41:25] | are exempt from the current hiring freeze, | 目前的冻结招聘对你无效 |
[41:27] | and when you are ready to come back to work, | 只要你准备好了 就可以回来工作 |
[41:30] | your badge will be waiting for you. | 你的徽章在等着你呢 |
[41:33] | How did you do that? | 你怎么做到的? |
[41:34] | I talked to the man. I laid it all out. | 我去跟那家伙谈了谈 安排好了一切 |
[41:37] | He threatened to quit. | 他以辞职威胁专员 |
[41:38] | – You did? – Yeah, I was there. | – 是么? – 是啊 我当时在场 |
[41:40] | It was pretty intense. | 当时气氛相当紧张 |
[41:41] | And I seriously considered quitting. | 而且我也真的考虑要辞职 |
[41:44] | I wasn’t bluffing. I meant it. | 我可不是骗人的 我做到了 |
[41:46] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[41:47] | You could tell I was about to consider it. | 你能看出我是真的考虑要辞职 |
[41:49] | Leland, I don’t know how to– | Leland 我不知道怎么 |
[41:52] | Buy me lunch, we’ll call it even. | – 请我吃午饭 |
[41:53] | Okay. | 我们叫一样的东西 – 好的 |
[41:54] | – What are you doing? – I was just– | 你到底是干吗的? 我以前是个 |
[41:57] | – You’re not my butler. – Oh, right. | – 你不是我的管家 – 噢 是的 |
[41:59] | – You’re a cop. – I’m a cop. | – 你是个警察 – 我是个警察 |
[42:00] | You’re a cop. | 你是个警察 |
[42:02] | – | – You’re a cop. – I’m a cop. |
[42:03] | I’m a cop. | 你是个警察 |
[42:04] | – I’m a cop. | |
[42:06] | I’m a cop. I’m a cop. | 我是个警察 |