时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | K-B-S-C. | |
[00:04] | 99.9. | |
[00:06] | K-B-S-C. | |
[00:08] | Jiggle me timbers. | 扬帆出海 |
[00:10] | You… | 你 |
[00:11] | are gorgeous! | 太漂亮了! – |
[00:14] | And you got a movie opening up on Friday. | 周五你有部电影要上演 – 嗯哼 |
[00:16] | Mm-hmm. | 然后 |
[00:17] | And, by the way, I saw it last night. | 我昨晚看了 |
[00:18] | Jiggle me timbers! | 扬帆出海! |
[00:20] | That was a long 2 1/2 hours, boy. | 兄弟 好难熬的两个半小时啊 |
[00:22] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[00:23] | Hey, Max, you’ve been sayin’ that all morning. | 不好意思 嘿 Max 你整个早上都在说的那句话 |
[00:25] | Jiggle me timbers– where’d you get that. | 扬帆出海 你哪里听来的呀? 或许会成为我新的口号呢 |
[00:26] | Well, maybe it’ll be my new catch phrase. | 我还不知道我得跟绿野仙踪里的人物 |
[00:28] | I didn’t know I had to clear everything with the Lollipop Guild. | 一起降妖除魔呢 |
[00:30] | Whoa! Whoa! Careful, boss. | 小心啊老大 |
[00:32] | Willie’ll beat the crap out of your kneecaps. | Willie会把你膝盖下那些混蛋赶走的 – |
[00:34] | – Or higher, even. – You guys… | 甚至能再高点 – |
[00:36] | No. I think it’ll catch on. | 你们这些家伙 不 我觉得它会抓得很牢的 |
[00:37] | Jiggle meeeee timbers!! | 扬帆出海!! |
[00:39] | Whoo! | 喔 你们正在收听的是Mad |
[00:40] | Max In The You’re listening to “Mad Max In The Morning.” | |
[00:42] | And we’re talking with Kimberly Dennaman, | Morning 我们在跟Kimberly Dennaman聊着呢 |
[00:45] | whose new movie is opening everywhere on Friday. | 她的新电影会在周五全线上演 |
[00:47] | And closing everywhere on Saturday! | 然后周六会全线落画 噢 这话有意思 |
[01:00] | Gas leak. | 煤气泄漏 我都闻得到 |
[01:01] | I can smell it. | 把主气阀关了 |
[01:02] | Yeah, shut off the main valve, | 但我们得进去查一查 |
[01:04] | but we gotta check inside just to make sure. | 确认一下 |
[01:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[01:17] | If–If–If I wasn’t married… | |
[01:20] | would you take a bath with me… | |
[01:22] | right now in the back room? | |
[01:24] | Oh, yeah! | |
[01:34] | Is that coming from upstairs? | 去查一查楼上吧 我听到有声响呢 |
[01:36] | – I hear voices. – Sounds like a radio. | 象是收音机的声音 |
[01:39] | Max, seriously, You shouldn’t joke about that. | |
[01:40] | – It’s true. – Hello? | 你好? |
[01:41] | – It’s bad karma. – It’s true. | |
[01:43] | – She just told me last night… – Hello? | 你好? |
[01:44] | to start looking for wife number two. | |
[01:45] | – It’s her dying wish… – Better check upstairs. | 最好到楼上查一下 天啊 |
[01:47] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 那就是收音机上听到的名字 |
[01:48] | That’s what’s-his-name from the radio. | 那就是收音机上听到的名字 |
[01:51] | Max Hudson. | |
[01:53] | A gas leak at Max Hudson’s house? | Max Hudson的大屋里有煤气泄漏? |
[01:55] | – Oh, he’s gonna have a field day with this! Yeah. | |
[01:58] | Whoa! Whooo-whooo! | 噢 |
[02:02] | Tell me, Kimberly, that you actually believe in the sanctity of marriage. | 他得去别的地方睡觉了! |
[02:06] | – I do. | |
[02:08] | Kimberly can’t even spell “sanctity.” | 是啊 |
[02:09] | I’ll turn the gas off. | 我会把煤气关了的 |
[02:11] | Say sanctity. | |
[02:12] | Santity. | |
[02:13] | Close enough! | |
[02:15] | Close enough! | |
[02:17] | We have a winner! | |
[02:21] | We’ll be right back. | |
[02:23] | Hey, Max. | 嘿 Max 一号线有个警察找你 |
[02:24] | There’s a cop on line one. | 一号线有个警察找你 他说很重要 |
[02:25] | He says it’s important. | 他说很重要 |
[02:28] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 呃 |
[02:29] | I’ll just take it in the back, all right? | 我到后面去接好吗? |
[02:31] | Anybody you know? | 你认识吗? 不认识 |
[02:32] | No, man. | 不认识 |
[02:39] | My God, is she all right? | 天哪 她没事吧? |
[02:42] | Oh, my God… | 天哪 她没事吧? 天哪 |
[02:43] | Is she all right? Oh, my God. | 她没事吧? 天哪 |
[02:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:48] | Speaking. | 请讲 |
[02:52] | My wife…? | 我妻子? |
[02:54] | Oh, my God, is she all right? | 噢 天哪 她没事吧? |
[02:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[03:00] | I-I understand. | 我 我明白 |
[03:02] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就到 |
[04:08] | You put the blades up? | 刀口朝上? |
[04:09] | That is really interesting. | 这真好玩 |
[04:11] | I’m always afraid I’ll cut myself. | 我会老是担心割到自己的 |
[04:13] | Yeah, I’m a “blade-down” man. | 我是个刀口朝下(内敛)的男人 |
[04:15] | But that’s what makes horse races, am I right? | 但那会让人进步 我说的对吧? |
[04:18] | Doesn’t mean we still can’t be friends. | 并不意味着我们依旧不能做朋友 |
[04:19] | Actually, I run them twice. | 说真的 我弄两次了 |
[04:21] | Blades up and then blades down. | 刀口朝上 然后朝下 |
[04:23] | That’s fascinating. | 那个很能诱惑你 |
[04:25] | Ooh! Is this dishwasher safe? | 噢! 能放进洗碗机吗? |
[04:26] | Let me just– | 让我 |
[04:27] | Yes, it is. | 可以的 |
[04:29] | Funny story: I have a casserole dish. | 讲件趣事 我有个砂锅 |
[04:31] | It was a gift from my sister. | 是我姐姐送的礼物 |
[04:32] | Not the sister you met. | 不是你见过的那个 |
[04:34] | The one who used to live in Milwaukee | 是曾经住在Milwaukee |
[04:35] | but moved to St. Paul last summer. | 去年夏天搬到ST.Paul的那个 |
[04:37] | – Well, not summer, per say. – Okay, yeah. | 噢 不是夏天 |
[04:40] | K-Kevin… It doesn’t matter. | K Kevin 没关系的 |
[04:42] | Anyway, the dish didn’t say “dishwasher safe,” | 不过 这碟子可没写着能放进洗碗机的哦 |
[04:45] | but, you know what? | 不过你知道吗? |
[04:46] | I took a chance. | 我运气挺好 |
[04:48] | ‘Cause you only go around once in this life. | 因为你今生只出去走动了那么一次 |
[04:51] | That’s the best news I’ve heard all day. | 这是我一整天里听到的最好的消息了 |
[04:55] | Mmm. I’ll finish up. | 嗯 我来搞定吧 |
[04:56] | You get the door. How’s that sound? | 你去开门吧 意下如何啊? |
[05:05] | Mr. Monk? | Monk先生? |
[05:07] | Yeah? | 耶? |
[05:08] | I’m sorry to bother you at home, | 很抱歉来家里打扰你 |
[05:09] | I read about you on the internet. | 我在互联网上读到过你的事情 |
[05:12] | And I looked up your address. I just… | 因此我去找了你的地址 |
[05:15] | I don’t know where else to go. | 我都不知道我还能去哪了 |
[05:19] | I’m on the internet? | 我在网上查得到吗? |
[05:24] | Um, uh… | |
[05:26] | Uh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:37] | If you could wait until my assistant gets here. | 如果你能等到我助手来 |
[05:40] | She’s in charge of saying the right things. | 她是负责说该说的事的 |
[05:43] | Adrian, I’m putting the tablespoons in front | Adrian 我把大汤匙放在了前边 |
[05:45] | and the serving spoons in back. Any objections? | 餐勺放在了后边 有异议吗? |
[05:47] | – Kevin Kevin, it doesn’t matter. | |
[05:49] | Okay. | 没关系 – 好的 |
[05:51] | My sister, Jeanette, died four weeks ago. | 我姐姐 Jeanette 四星期前死了 |
[05:55] | – There was a gas fireplace in– – Excuse me. | – 那里有个煤气壁炉 – 抱歉 |
[05:58] | Actually, I do prefer | 说真的 我宁愿 |
[06:01] | the serving spoons in the front. | 把餐勺放在前边 |
[06:02] | Really? In the front? | 真的? 放在前边? |
[06:05] | Okay, you’re the boss. | 好吧 你说了算 |
[06:09] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[06:10] | There was a fireplace…? | 那里有个壁炉? |
[06:12] | There was a gas fireplace in the bedroom. | 在卧室里有个煤气壁炉 |
[06:15] | It was turned on, and she was asphyxiated. | 它是开着的 然后她就被闷死了 |
[06:20] | This is a copy of the coroner’s inquest. | 这是验尸报告的副本 |
[06:24] | They said it was an accident. | 他们说那是宗意外事故 |
[06:26] | But, Mr. Monk, Jeanette never used that fireplace. | 可是Monk先生 Jeanette她都不用那个壁炉的 |
[06:28] | I know he killed her. | 我晓得是他把她给杀了的 |
[06:31] | Who? | – 谁呀? – 她丈夫啊 Max |
[06:32] | Her husband — Max. | 离个婚要花他三千万美金呢 |
[06:33] | Getting a divorce would have cost him $30 million. | 离个婚要花他三千万美金呢 |
[06:36] | I’m sorry. Could I have another? | 对不起 能再给一盒吗? |
[06:39] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[06:40] | Uh… | 呃 |
[06:43] | I buy ten boxes at a time, | 我一次性买十盒 |
[06:44] | And they have to last me the whole month. | 然后它们能让我撑上整个月 |
[06:48] | Oh. | 噢 |
[06:52] | Uh, so… okay. | 呃 所以 好吧 |
[06:54] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好好好 |
[07:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:09] | Okay, I’m pouring the detergent. | 好了 我在倒洗洁精呢 |
[07:11] | – You’re missing it. – Kevin, please. | 你没看到 Kevin 拜托 |
[07:13] | Please, I’m trying to talk to– I’m sorry. | 拜托 我正试着和 不好意思 |
[07:16] | Jeanette Linda Riggs. | |
[07:17] | Jeanette Hudson was my sister. Jeanette Hudson? | Hudson是我姐姐 |
[07:21] | Max Hudson’s wife? | Max Hudson的老婆? |
[07:24] | Yeah, everyone thinks he’s so funny. | 是啊 大家都以为他很风趣 |
[07:27] | Jeanette was terrified of him. | Jeanette怕死他了 |
[07:28] | You know, he once got arrested for assault. | 你知道吗 他曾经因人身伤害被逮捕过 |
[07:31] | He has a terrible temper. | 他的脾气很坏的 |
[07:33] | – So you’ve actually met him? – Kevin. | – 那么你真的见过他? |
[07:35] | Yes I’ve met him. I think he killed my sister. | 是的 我见过他了 我认为他杀了我姐姐 |
[07:38] | What’s he like? | 他是怎么个样子啊? |
[07:39] | He’s a monster! | 他是个恶魔! |
[07:41] | Kevin. | |
[07:42] | Forget it. Withdrawn. | 把它忘了吧 我收回 |
[07:45] | Never said it. | 当我没说过 |
[07:46] | Excuse me. I have dishes to do. | 抱歉 我还有碗要洗呢 |
[07:53] | Well, I don’t like that guy either. | 嗯 我也不喜欢那家伙 |
[07:55] | He’s such a bully. Have you ever heard his show? | 就爱欺负人 你听过他的节目吗? |
[07:58] | I don’t think so. | 没听过 他在哪个电台啊? |
[07:59] | – What station is he on? – 99.9. | 他在哪个电台啊? 波段99.9 |
[08:01] | Ahhh… so close. | 啊 很熟悉 |
[08:03] | I just don’t see how he could have done it. | 我就是看不出他怎么能那么做 |
[08:04] | – Have you looked at this? – Mm-mm. | – 你看过这个了吧? – 嗯嗯 |
[08:06] | So when Jeanette died, | Jeanette死的时候 |
[08:08] | Max was on the radio doing a live show. | Max是在电台做直播节目 |
[08:10] | And the night before, he’s in Los Angeles at a party. | 之前那个晚上呢 他在洛杉矶参加派对呢 |
[08:12] | He hasn’t been home in two days. | 他两天没在家了 |
[08:14] | I promised her sister I’d look into it. | 我答应她妹妹要查清楚的 |
[08:16] | I had to. She was using up all my Kleenex. | 我不得不这么做 她把我的纸巾都用光了 |
[08:18] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[08:20] | I don’t think he’s home. | 我觉得他不在家 |
[08:22] | Did you tell him I was coming? | 你跟他说了我要来吗? |
[08:25] | No, Mr. Monk, That’s not for you. | 没有 Monk先生 跟你无关 |
[08:27] | That’s a joke. | 那是个玩笑 |
[08:28] | It’s a joke? | 玩笑? |
[08:29] | How–How is– How is that funny? | 怎么 怎么 怎么个好玩法呀? |
[08:32] | Um, well, I guess it’s funny | 嗯 我说它好玩是因为 |
[08:34] | because it says the opposite | 它上边写的话跟通常踏毯写的相反 |
[08:35] | of what a Welcome Mat would normally say. | |
[08:38] | So it’s an opposite joke. | 所以这是个说反话的玩笑 |
[08:41] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 说得对 |
[08:43] | He’s not home. | 他不在家 |
[08:45] | I live right there. | 我就住在那边 |
[08:46] | I saw him leave about two hours ago. | 我看见他两小时前走的 |
[08:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:49] | – That’s a nice dog. – Well, thank you. | 那狗很不错 嗯 谢谢了 |
[08:51] | That’s a nice cat. | 嗯 谢谢了 那是条好猫 |
[08:54] | Come on. Let’s go. | 快点 咱们走 |
[08:58] | That’s it. | 这样吧 这还是我姐姐的家 我进去好了 |
[08:59] | This is still my sister’s home. I’m going in. | 这还是我姐姐的家 我进去好了 |
[09:14] | This is where she was found. | 这是找到她尸体的地方 |
[09:16] | On the bed. | 床上 |
[09:18] | This morning, I heard him joking about it on his show. | 今天早上 我听见 他在节目里拿这个来开玩笑 |
[09:20] | I don’t know how somebody can joke about something like that? | 我不明白怎么有人能拿这事来开玩笑? |
[09:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:24] | Anytime I’m at a restaurant or a store | 任何时候我在餐厅或者商店 |
[09:26] | and he’s on the radio, I just have to leave. | 听到他在收音机里 我就得走人 |
[09:28] | According to the police, | 根据警方的报告 |
[09:30] | Jeanette turned on the gas, | Jeanette打开煤气 |
[09:32] | then forgot that it was on and just went to sleep. | 然后忘记它还开着 就去睡觉了 |
[09:35] | Uh-oh. | 喔噢 |
[09:37] | What? | 什么呀? |
[09:39] | There’s only 39 shoes here. There’s one missing. | 那儿只有39只鞋子 有一只没了 |
[09:42] | Mr. Monk, is that important right now? | Monk先生 那个很重要吗? |
[09:44] | It looks like a dark-brown Ramato loafer. | 看上去象是深褐色的Ramato便鞋 |
[09:46] | It’s about a size 10 1/2 or 11, I guess. | 鞋码大概是10号半或11号 |
[09:50] | Okay, okay. | 好啦 好啦 |
[09:52] | – That’s a 10 1/2. – Okay. | – 10号半 – 好啦 |
[09:54] | So, Mr. Monk, Jeanette was found here. | Monk先生 |
[09:57] | Okay. | Jeanette是在这找到的 好的 |
[10:03] | So she turned it… | 那么她是这么样转开关的? |
[10:05] | like this? | |
[10:09] | And then forgot it was on? | 然后忘了它是开着的? |
[10:12] | No. | 不对 |
[10:19] | Eh! | |
[10:21] | Mr. Monk, are you okay? | Monk先生 你没事吧? |
[10:22] | – Oh! Yeah. – That’s gas. | 噢! 耶 是煤气 |
[10:24] | Yeah, I’m–I’m fine. I’m fine. | 是的 我 我没事 我没事 |
[10:26] | It’s just a little– a little gas. | 就是吸了点 点煤气 |
[10:29] | According to the police report, | 根据警方的报告 |
[10:32] | the flue was– was–was closed? | 排气管是 是 是关着的? |
[10:34] | Right. | – 你说得对的 – 对 |
[10:35] | Right. | – 你说得对的 – 对 |
[10:37] | It’s closed. | 它是关着的 |
[10:44] | – Look at this. – Hmm. | – 看看这个 – 嗯 |
[10:45] | It’s just… | 它 |
[10:49] | dried out– | 烤得干透了 |
[10:51] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 噢 不不不 |
[10:53] | Dried… | 烤干 |
[10:54] | Dried leaves. | 烤干的叶子 |
[10:57] | Fire would have burned them or charred them. | 火会把它们烧掉或者烧焦的 |
[11:01] | No, no. This thing hasn’t been used in months, | 不 不对 这东西几个月没用过了 |
[11:03] | if ever. | 如果有用过的话 |
[11:04] | That’s what I was saying. It couldn’t have been an accident. | 我就这么说嘛 |
[11:07] | Oh. | 不可能是个意外事故 |
[11:09] | Oh, oh, oh. | 噢 |
[11:10] | Oh. | |
[11:15] | – You have the inventory there? – Yes. | – 你有物品清单吧? – 是的 |
[11:17] | Are there any matches or cigarette lighters | 在房间里 有火柴或者 |
[11:20] | in the room? | – 打火机吗? |
[11:22] | Um… no. | – 嗯 没有 |
[11:23] | No–no– no matches anywhere. | 没有 没有 哪儿都没有火柴 |
[11:27] | That makes no sense. | 不可能啊 |
[11:38] | She died on the 15th? | 她十五号死的? |
[11:40] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 她十周年结婚纪念日的前两天 |
[11:41] | Two days before her tenth wedding anniversary. | 她十周年结婚纪念日的前两天 |
[11:44] | They always did something special. | 他们总是作些特别的事情 |
[11:45] | Go on a big trip. Last year they went to Cabo. | 远游 去年他们去了Cabo |
[11:48] | Not this year. | 不是今年 |
[11:50] | Look, July 17th, | 瞧 7月17号 |
[11:53] | “Tenth anniversary”. | 十周年纪念 |
[11:55] | Natalie, Nothing’s written. | Natalie 什么也没写 |
[11:56] | Nothing planned. | 什么也没计划 |
[11:57] | Nothing erased. | 什么也没划掉 |
[12:00] | He knew she wouldn’t be around. | 他知道她不会在身边了 |
[12:04] | Linda, I think you’re right. | Linda 我想你是对的 |
[12:06] | I think he killed her. | 我想是他杀了她 |
[12:14] | I’m going to be down at the Book Barn | 明天我要去市场街的Barn |
[12:16] | on Market Street tomorrow, | Barn书店 |
[12:18] | signing copies of my new book “Sex, Lies, and Radio.” | 签名销售我的新书 Sex, Lies, and Radio |
[12:22] | So come on down. But get there early. | 所以大家要赶快来 早点到哦 |
[12:24] | I was at a book signing in Dallas last week. | 上周我在达拉斯签名售书 |
[12:26] | And, I mean, it was freakin’ insane. | 真他妈的疯狂啊 |
[12:28] | It was a riot. | 非常轰动 到处都是这宗新闻 |
[12:29] | It was on the news and everything. | 非常轰动 到处都是这宗新闻 这书很了不起 |
[12:30] | It’s an amazing book. | 这书很了不起 地球人都知道 你连字都看不懂! |
[12:32] | Like you know. You can’t even read! | 地球人都知道 你连字都看不懂! |
[12:33] | You didn’t read it. | – 你没读过那本书 – 没错 |
[12:34] | That’s true. I’m waiting for the movie. | 我等着看电影呢 |
[12:36] | – I read it, boss. Twice. – Kiss ass. | 老大 我读过啦 还两遍呢 |
[12:38] | All right, Mr. Monk, when you question him, | 好了 Monk先生 你在质问他的时候 |
[12:40] | you have to be very careful. He’s very quick. | 你得非常小心 他(语速)很快的 |
[12:41] | I’m quick. | – 我(语速)很快的 – 不 Monk先生 你(反应)不快 |
[12:43] | No, Mr. Monk. You’re not quick. | 你得聚精会神 |
[12:44] | You have to focus. He’ll try to make fun of you. | 你得聚精会神 他会想方设法拿你开心的 |
[12:46] | Why would he make fun of me? He doesn’t even know me. | 为什么要拿我开心? 他都不认识我 |
[12:48] | Howard Stern | Howard Stern, if you’re listening– |
[12:49] | and I know you are– you’re going down. | 如果你有在收听的话 我知道 你很沮丧 |
[12:51] | Goin’ down. | 沮丧 |
[12:55] | So, uh… let’s take some calls. | 那么 呃 我们来接听来电吧 |
[12:57] | Bill, from San Diego, you’re on the air. | Bill 来自San Diego 你上节目了 |
[13:00] | Mr. Monk, Please don’t do that. No. No, no, no. | Monk 别那么做 |
[13:02] | It was amazing. It changed my life. | – 不 不 不 – 它太神奇了 改变了我的生命 |
[13:04] | Uh, yeah, thanks. Micky? | 呃 好的 谢谢 |
[13:06] | Micky, who the hell is that? | Micky? Micky 那个人他妈的的是谁呀? |
[13:08] | His name is Adrian Monk. He says you invited him down. | 他名叫Adrian Monk 他说是你邀请他来的 |
[13:10] | Oh! Yeah. The private dick. | 噢! 是的 私家侦探 |
[13:12] | Ouch. | 我的小姨子雇了个私家侦探 |
[13:14] | My sister-in-law hired a private detective. | 我的小姨子雇了个私家侦探 |
[13:16] | What’s he doing to Mr. Limpey? | 他拿Limpey先生怎么啦? |
[13:18] | Uh, excuse me, Monk? | 呃 抱歉 Monk? |
[13:20] | – Monk Monk. | |
[13:22] | Please, don’t. | 拜托 不要啦 |
[13:25] | Whoa! A little freak’s show in our control room. | 哇 我们控制室里的滑稽戏 |
[13:27] | Fight! Fight! | Fight! Fight! 动手! 动手! 动手! 动手! |
[13:29] | A left, a right. | 左一下啊右一下 |
[13:30] | Oh! Oh! Oh! | 天哪! |
[13:32] | Oh my God! He killed Mr. Limpey! Monk. | 他杀了Limpey先生! |
[13:36] | Get in here! | 快进来吧 |
[13:37] | – What is that? – He’s a maniac. | 进来啊 – 他是个疯子 – 别进去 |
[13:39] | – Do not go in there. – Monk, get in here, buddy. | Monk 进来吧兄弟 |
[13:41] | Come on, Monk. | 快点啦 Monk 嘿 大侦探 要跟我谈是吧? |
[13:43] | Hey, Detective, you want to talk to me? | 你的机会来了 要不? 时不再来哦 |
[13:44] | Now’s your chance, okay? It’s now or never. | 你的机会来了 要不? 时不再来哦 |
[13:46] | Don’t be afraid of me. I won’t bite ya. | 别怕我嘛 我又不会把你吃了 |
[13:48] | I’m the one that bites! Rawwrr rawwrr rawwrr! | 我才是那个吃人的! |
[13:51] | Come on. That’s it. | 哇 开始了 快点 就这样好了 |
[13:53] | I’m just gonna talk to him. I talk to people all the time. | 我就是要和他谈谈 我一直在跟人沟通 |
[13:55] | Yeah, yeah. But these aren’t people. | 是的 可这些不是人啊 |
[13:57] | – Okay, here he comes, eventually. – The sleeves. | – 好了 他来了 终于来了 – 那袖子 |
[13:59] | Look at the sleeves. | 瞧那袖子 |
[14:00] | Come on. | 快点吧 |
[14:02] | Here they come. | 他们来了 小心点哦 |
[14:04] | Oh. Ooh, hello. | 噢 噢 你好啊 |
[14:05] | Hello, there. Hello. | – 大家好 – 你好 |
[14:06] | Who is this? | 这是谁呀? 这是Natalie 她是我的助手 |
[14:07] | This is Natalie. She’s my assistant. | 这是Natalie 她是我的助手 |
[14:09] | – Ooh, Natalie. – Ooh, hello. | – 呜 |
[14:11] | Ooh, nice. | 你好 呜 正点哦 |
[14:14] | Do a little twirl, Natalie. | 转一下来看看吧 Natalie |
[14:15] | – No, thank you. – “No, thank you.” | – 不了 谢谢 – 不了 谢谢 |
[14:16] | Okay, she’s feisty. Ha ha! | – 好嘛 她还挺活泼的 – 哈哈! |
[14:18] | She’s brassy. She’s sassy. She’s got gusto! | 她很风骚 她很漂亮 她能吸引眼球! |
[14:20] | Sassy, brassy, but she won’t show her assy. | 风骚 漂亮 就是不把大屁股给人看 |
[14:22] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[14:24] | Doin’ a neck crank. | 脖子拐个弯 |
[14:25] | You can’t see it, ladies and gentlemen. | 你也看不到的 女士们 |
[14:27] | Yeah, I talked to this guy last night. | 先生们 昨晚我跟这家伙谈过了 |
[14:28] | He wants to talk to me about what happened to Jeanette. | 他想跟我谈一谈Jeanette的事 |
[14:31] | Why don’t we talk about that after the show? | 为什么不在节目之后再谈呢? 你不懂啦 |
[14:33] | You don’t get it, sugar bumps. He is the show! | 亲爱的 他就是节目! |
[14:35] | My life is the show. | 我的生活就是节目 |
[14:37] | Detective, why don’t you have a seat, please? | 大侦探 怎么不坐呀? |
[14:38] | Somebody give him some headphones, please. | – 谁给他来个麦克风吧 – 给你吧兄弟 |
[14:40] | – There you go, buddy. | |
[14:41] | – Please don’t do this. – It’s okay. | 不要啦 |
[14:43] | Please be careful. | – 没事的 |
[14:45] | This looks exciting. | 好激动啊 |
[14:47] | Wipe. Wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe. | |
[14:49] | Wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe. | |
[14:52] | Okay, folks. | 好了好了 大伙儿 |
[14:54] | Uh, folks, you gotta see this. | 你们得看看这个 |
[14:55] | First of all, his shirt is buttoned up to his eyeballs. | 首先 他的衬衣把他的眼珠子都遮掉了 |
[14:57] | And he’s swabbing at his headphones with a baby wipe. | 然后他在用小孩子用的抹布擦麦克风呢 |
[15:01] | This is not a baby wipe. | 不是小孩子用的抹布 |
[15:02] | This is– This is an adult wipe. | 这是大人用的抹布 |
[15:05] | I stand corrected. | 我接受指正 |
[15:06] | You gotta know the difference. | 你知道那区别 |
[15:08] | Sorry about that. | 对不起了哈 |
[15:09] | Hey, Adrian, let me ask you something. | 嘿 Adrian 我来问你些事吧 |
[15:11] | When you go to a crime scene, | 你出犯罪现场的时候 |
[15:12] | do you take a police car or a short yellow bus? | 你是坐警车去呢还是坐公共小巴啊? |
[15:15] | Mr. Monk, you don’t have to answer that. | Monk 你不用回答 没事 我乐于 |
[15:16] | No. I’ll be happy to– | 没事 我乐于 |
[15:17] | I’ll be happy to answer that. | 我乐于回答这个 |
[15:19] | Natalie drives me. | Natalie载我去的 |
[15:21] | I bet she does. | 我猜的就是她 |
[15:22] | She’s drivin’ me, baby. | 她迷死我了 宝贝 |
[15:24] | – Who’s drivin’ Natalie? – I wanna change your tires. | – 谁又迷住了Natalie呢? |
[15:26] | Natalie! | – 我要横刀夺爱了 |
[15:28] | Ooh! Ow! Ah! | 你让我很痛苦啊 |
[15:29] | You’re hurting me. | 你让我很痛苦啊 |
[15:31] | Ow! Ooh! This guy is great. | 这家伙真棒 |
[15:32] | He’s–He’s possessed. | 好怪异啊 |
[15:34] | “Yo! Adrian!” | 哟! |
[15:37] | Adrian! Yo. Ha ha! | |
[15:39] | Yehh! What? | 什么呀? 好了 我们刚流失了三分之一的听众 |
[15:40] | Okay, we just lost a third of our audience. | 好了 我们刚流失了三分之一的听众 |
[15:42] | All rightee, then. | 好了 那么 |
[15:43] | So, uh, just for the record, you’re here because of my sister-in-law– | 呃 言归正传 你来这儿是因为我的小姨子 |
[15:46] | – “Loony Linda.” – That’s right. | – 没错 |
[15:48] | Loony Linda, who thinks | Loony Linda 那个以为 |
[15:50] | I murdered my wife. Isn’t that charming? | 我谋杀了妻子的人 很吸引吧? |
[15:52] | So what do you think, Mr. Monk? | 你又是怎么想的呢 Monk先生? |
[15:55] | Are we on the air? | 我们在直播吗? |
[15:56] | Yeah, we’re on the air, buddy. | 是的 我们是在直播 |
[15:58] | It’s okay. I have no secrets from my fans. | 没事啦 我与听迷之间没有秘密 |
[16:01] | Oh, I think you do. | 噢 |
[16:02] | – Ooh. – Ooh! | 我也觉得是这样 |
[16:03] | Cool, okay. | 好棒哦 好了 |
[16:05] | So you think | 那么你认为 |
[16:06] | I murdered my wife, | 那么你认为 我谋杀了我妻子 |
[16:07] | even though I was right here, on the air, live, when she died? | 即使我就在这儿 在做节目 直播的 在她死的那时候? |
[16:13] | Well, I do have a few questions. | 好吧 我有几个问题 |
[16:15] | – Oh, of course. – ‘Cause from what I’ve seen, | – 噢 当然可以 – 因为从我所见到的东西看 |
[16:17] | it seems unlikely that that bedroom fireplace | 卧室里的壁炉不象是有使用过的 |
[16:20] | was ever used. | |
[16:21] | According to the crime scene photos, | 根据现场的照片 |
[16:23] | the fireplace flue was closed, | 壁炉的排烟管是封闭的 |
[16:25] | and there were no matches anywhere. | 而且哪儿都没有火柴 |
[16:26] | Okay, that’s great. | 好啊 真不错 很有说服力呢 |
[16:27] | That’s very compelling, compelling cross-examination. | 很有说服力的质证 |
[16:29] | Uh, how’s this? | 呃 要不这样吧? |
[16:30] | Uh… you can ask me three questions, | 呃 你可以问我三个问题 |
[16:33] | which I will answer right here | 如果Natalie坐在Willie的膝盖上的话 |
[16:35] | in front of 4 million witnesses, | 我会在这里回答你的 |
[16:37] | if Natalie sits on Willie’s lap. | 当着四百万证人的面 |
[16:40] | Oh! | |
[16:41] | Please. | 噢 请吧 |
[16:43] | Don’t do it, Natalie. It’s a trick. | 不要听他的 Natalie 那是个圈套 |
[16:45] | Do it. | – 坐上来吧 – Adrian 我觉得你有兴趣知道 |
[16:46] | Adrian. I thought you’d like to know | 最后戴这些麦克风的家伙头上生有跳蚤 |
[16:47] | that the last guy who wore those headphones had head lice. | |
[16:50] | Ooh! Wipe! Wipe! | |
[16:52] | Wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe. Wipe! | |
[16:53] | Wipe, wipe. | |
[16:54] | Gimme. | |
[16:56] | You should be ashamed of yourself. | 你该为自己感到羞愧 |
[16:59] | I agree. I should be. | 我同意 我应该这样 |
[17:00] | – But I’m not. – Oh! | 可是我不喔 |
[17:02] | And there we got the view. | 有得看咯 她给我们转了个圈呢 |
[17:04] | She gave us a twirl. | 我觉得他就是凶手 |
[17:05] | I think he’s the guy. | 我觉得他就是凶手 我也是 至少我是希望他是 |
[17:06] | I do too. At least I hope he is. | 我觉得他就是凶手 我也是 至少我是希望他是 |
[17:08] | Max Hudson, the jerk on the radio? | Max Hudson 电台那个混蛋? |
[17:10] | According to her sister, | 据她妹妹说 |
[17:11] | his wife had recently started taking sleeping pills, | 他妻子最近在服用安眠药 |
[17:14] | 30 milligrams. | – 30毫克 – 最大剂量了 |
[17:15] | Which is the maximum dosage… | 而且是Max提议的 |
[17:16] | And it was Max’s suggestion. | |
[17:18] | He called the doctor personally to get the prescription. | 他私下找医生开的处方 |
[17:20] | Here’s what happened: Max is out of town. | 情况就是 Max不在城里 |
[17:22] | It’s a perfect alibi. | 完美的不在现场证明 他知道他妻子会服用那些药的 |
[17:23] | He knows his wife is gonna take those pills, | 他知道他妻子会服用那些药的 |
[17:25] | so she’s out cold– | 她就会打磕睡 |
[17:27] | Something funny? | 好玩吗? |
[17:28] | Uh, no. Sorry. | 呃 不 对不起 |
[17:30] | He knows his wife won’t be waking up. | 他知道他妻子是不会醒的 |
[17:32] | So he has one of his guys– | 所以他找了个手下 |
[17:34] | Randy? | |
[17:35] | Do you want to share it with the rest of the class? | 你想公开分享一下吗? |
[17:37] | I’m sorry. I– I heard you on the show. | 不好意思 我听到你上节目了 |
[17:40] | You really got zung. | 你被当猴耍了 |
[17:42] | Oh, my God, you listen to that creep? | 噢 天哪 你还收听那种垃圾啊? |
[17:43] | I think he’s great… | 我觉得他挺棒的 |
[17:45] | ting. | 咶躁 |
[17:46] | It’s grating. | 咶躁 但不讨厌 |
[17:47] | De-grating. | 但不讨厌 在妇女面前失格 |
[17:48] | Degrading to women. | 在妇女面前失格 |
[17:50] | Yeah, I keep listening, hoping he’ll grow up, | 是的 我一直有收听 |
[17:51] | but he never does. | 希望他能成熟点 可是他没有 |
[17:53] | Anyway, one of his guys– | 总之 他的一个手下 |
[17:55] | Goons. They’re called Goons. | 傻瓜 他们叫做傻瓜 |
[17:56] | – The Goon Platoon. – Goons. | 傻瓜排 傻瓜 |
[17:58] | One of his Goons — thank you — | – 其中一个傻瓜 – 谢谢 |
[18:00] | snuck into the house, | 潜入了房子 |
[18:01] | turns on the gas– | 打开了煤气 |
[18:02] | It could have been J.J. | 应该是JJ |
[18:04] | The guy’s a joke machine. | 这家伙是个笑弹 |
[18:05] | He’s been with Max for 15 years. | 他从费城开始跟着Max 都15年了 |
[18:06] | Since Philadelphia. | 谁都好 |
[18:07] | Whoever it was, | 谁都好 |
[18:09] | turned on the gas, closed the bedroom door. | 打开了煤气 关上了卧室的门 |
[18:11] | She never woke up. | 她就再也醒不了了 |
[18:12] | All right. How did they get in the house? | 那好 他们是怎么进屋的呢? |
[18:14] | Max made an extra key. | Max打了把钥匙 |
[18:15] | It sounds good, but it doesn’t track. | 听起来不错 但是无法追查呀 |
[18:17] | This is new. | 来个新的推断 |
[18:19] | It’s from the security company. That house is wired. | 从保安公司拿的 那房子很怪 |
[18:22] | It’s monitored 24-7, | 全天候监控 |
[18:24] | sealed tight. | 保护得水泄不通 |
[18:25] | No door or window was opened all night long. | 没有门窗会整夜都开着的 |
[18:28] | No one — no thing — came in or out. | 没有人 没有东西进出过 |
[18:30] | What about that window? It says “open”. | 那扇窗呢? 它可是写着”开启”呢 |
[18:33] | That is a ventilation window to the basement. | 那是地下室的排气窗 |
[18:35] | It only opens 8 inches. | 只开了8英寸 |
[18:37] | Little Willie! | 谁? |
[18:38] | Who? | 谁? |
[18:39] | Little | Little Willie– He’s a… |
[18:41] | little person. | Willie 他是个侏儒 |
[18:42] | He’d do anything for Max. | 他会为Max做任何事 |
[18:44] | Last week, he ate his own weight in bologna. | 上星期 他去了Bologna减肥 |
[18:47] | Jiggle me timbers! | 扬帆出海! |
[18:50] | I think I just solved the case! | 我想我刚破案了! |
[18:52] | “Jiggle me timbers”? | “扬帆出海”? |
[18:53] | Yeah, that’s something that Ma– | 是啊 那是他 |
[18:55] | I heard on the radio. I don’t remember who says it. | 我在收音机里听到的 我不记得谁说的了 |
[18:57] | I don’t know. | 搞不懂 |
[18:59] | I mean, we don’t even know if a little person | 我是说 都没听说过有那么矮小的人 |
[19:01] | can get through an 8-inch window. | 能钻过一个8英寸窗户的 |
[19:02] | Sure they could. | 他们肯定能 |
[19:04] | It’s awful small. | 好小的哦 |
[19:06] | Monk, Could a little person fit through an 8-inch window? | Monk 有能钻过一个8英寸窗户的矮人吗? |
[19:07] | I am proud to say I don’t know. | 我很自豪地说我不知道 |
[19:09] | Look, we don’t even know where this Little Willie person was | 瞧 我们甚至都不知道她死的那晚 |
[19:12] | the night she died. | – 那个小侏儒在哪 – 等一下 |
[19:13] | Wait a minute. We can settle it right now. | – 那个小侏儒在哪 – |
[19:14] | They’re all downtown at a book signing. | 等一下 我们现在就能搞清楚 他们都在市区签名售书呢 |
[19:16] | We go down, we talk to Little Willie. | 我们过去跟Little Willie谈谈 |
[19:18] | If we get a chance — if it happens to come up — | 如果我们得到个机会 如果我们恰好能够 |
[19:20] | we measure the circumference of his head. | 量度他的头围 |
[19:22] | Then divide it by pi. | 除以圆周率 |
[19:24] | Or something. | 还是什么 |
[19:27] | What do you think? | 你怎么想? |
[19:31] | I think we have to check it out. | 我想我们得去查个明白 |
[19:43] | See that guy over there? | 看到那家伙了吗? |
[19:44] | He’s on the show all the time. | 他在节目上一直打嗝 他们叫他无敌打嗝王 |
[19:45] | They call him “The Burpinator.” | 他们叫他无敌打嗝王 |
[19:47] | Really? The Burpinator is here? | 真的? 无敌打嗝王也在这? |
[19:48] | Is he single? | 他是单身吗? |
[19:50] | Do you think you could introduce me? | 你能把我介绍给他吗? |
[19:51] | Yeah… Sure, come on. | 那当然 走吧 |
[19:53] | I was kidding. | 我逗你呢 |
[19:55] | You knew that, right — I was kidding? | 你懂的吧? 我是开玩笑的 |
[19:57] | Come on, Randy. | 走吧 Randy |
[19:59] | Let’s get this over with. | 别往心里去 |
[20:02] | – William Karelli? – That’s me. | 谢谢 是我 |
[20:04] | Hey. Word with you? | 嘿 和你谈几句吧? |
[20:09] | I’m Captain Leland Stottlemeyer. | 我是Leland Stottlemeyer队长 这是Disher副队 |
[20:11] | – This is Lieutenant Disher. – We’re big fans. | 我是你的超级听迷 |
[20:14] | Not–Not “big” height. | 不是”超级”高度 |
[20:16] | Just I love the show. | 我爱死这节目了 |
[20:19] | We are looking into the death of Jeanette Hudson. | 我们在追查Jeanette Hudson的死亡 |
[20:22] | Why? There was an inquest. | 为什么? 有验尸报告 |
[20:23] | It was an accident. | 是意外事故来的 你们相互通气了? |
[20:24] | Don’t you guys talk to each other? | 你们相互通气了? |
[20:26] | You’re probably right. | 差不多吧 有些未明的东西 |
[20:27] | There’s just a few loose ends that, uh… | 有些未明的东西 |
[20:29] | we want look into. | 我们需要查一查 |
[20:31] | Um… | |
[20:32] | Where were you the night she died? | 她死的那晚你在哪? |
[20:34] | Where was I? I was on the air. | 我在哪? 我在做节目 |
[20:35] | No. I mean before that, the, uh, the night before. | 不 我是说之前 那晚之前 |
[20:38] | I know Max was in Los Angeles. | 我知道Max在洛杉矶 |
[20:40] | But you didn’t go with him. | 可你没和他一起去 没错 |
[20:41] | That’s true. | 没错 我跟我妻子儿女在一起 |
[20:42] | I was with my wife and kid. | 我跟我妻子儿女在一起 |
[20:44] | I got nothing more to say to you guys. | 我跟你们无话可说了 |
[20:46] | You want to talk, talk to my lawyer. | 想说就去跟我的律师说吧 |
[20:48] | Hey, I’m not done talkin’ to you yet. | 嘿 我和你的谈话还没结束呢 |
[20:53] | Thank you very much. Thank you, man. | – 太谢谢了 – 谢谢了 |
[20:55] | I’m a big fan. I just– | 我是超级听迷 我 |
[20:57] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[21:02] | Tape measure. | 快用尺子量啊 |
[21:03] | Hold on. | Hold on. Hold on. 保持住 |
[21:05] | It was right here. Hold on. Hold on. | 保持住 保持住 就找到了 保持住 保持住 |
[21:06] | – Hurry up! – It was right here. | – 赶紧的! – 我找到了 |
[21:09] | – You’re moving your hands. – I’m not. | – 你的手动了 – 我没有 |
[21:10] | I don’t know what the hell this is, but it isn’t police work. | 我不知道这是在搞什么 都不是警察手法来的 |
[21:13] | “10 1/2 inches.” | 10英寸半 |
[21:14] | What? | 什么? |
[21:16] | He’s not the guy. | 他不是凶手 我们可以去死了 |
[21:17] | And we’re all going to Hell. | 我们可以去死了 |
[21:19] | Just… wait here. | 在这等会儿吧 |
[21:22] | Do it again. | 再来一次 |
[21:28] | Oh, well, well, well. | 噢 好啊 |
[21:30] | The Defective Detective. | 畸形大侦探 |
[21:35] | You’re not gonna like it. | 你不会喜欢的 |
[21:36] | I know. I read a couple of pages. | 我知道 我读了几页 |
[21:38] | It’s nothing but toilet talk and opposite jokes, right? | 除了污言秽语跟反语笑话就没别的了 对吧? |
[21:41] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 那你要在上边签什么呢? |
[21:42] | So how would you like me to sign it? | 那你要在上边签什么呢? |
[21:43] | How about “I confess”? | “我坦白”如何? |
[21:49] | I’ll be taking a little break. | 我要休息会儿 |
[21:52] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[21:59] | You don’t think what happened to Jeanette was an accident, do you? | 你不认为Jeanette的死是宗意外 是吧? |
[22:03] | Uh… | 呃 |
[22:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:05] | Well, I’m gonna tell you something. | 那好 我告诉你吧 |
[22:07] | Just between us, man to… man, | 就你我之间 男人对男人 |
[22:10] | I loved Jeanette… | 我爱Jeanette |
[22:13] | but she was sick. | 可是她有病 |
[22:14] | She was clinically depressed. | 她有抑郁症 |
[22:17] | – Depressed? – Yeah. | 抑郁? 是的 |
[22:19] | Her own family didn’t even know. | 她自己的家里都不知道 |
[22:21] | She turned on the gas, and closed the door, and– | 她打开了煤气 关上门 然后自杀 |
[22:23] | Suicide. | 我出尽了法宝 |
[22:24] | I tried everything. | 我出尽了法宝 |
[22:26] | See? You happy now? | 你开心了吧? |
[22:28] | Was she seeing a doctor, a psychiatrist? | 她有去看医生吗? 心理医生? |
[22:31] | Nah. She never went. She wouldn’t go. | 没有 她压根就没去过 她不去 |
[22:34] | And she didn’t even tell her sister? | 然后她连自家妹妹都不说? |
[22:37] | And you dealt with this clinical depression | 然后你就是靠在节目里 |
[22:40] | by mocking her on the air | 嘲笑她来处理这位抑郁症病人的? |
[22:42] | and not making any plans for your anniversary? | 而且也没为你们的纪念日做什么安排? |
[22:46] | I’m not buying it. | 我才不信呢 |
[22:49] | You killed her. | 你杀了她 |
[22:51] | How? | 怎么杀的? |
[22:53] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[22:54] | How could I possibly have killed her? | 我怎么可能杀了她呢? |
[22:56] | The house was locked. I was on the radio. | 房子是锁着的 我又是在电台 |
[22:59] | I don’t know… yet. | 我还不 知道呢 |
[23:01] | According to your publicist– | 据你的宣传人员 不 |
[23:02] | No, no. That’s it. That’s it. | 不 就这样吧 就这样 |
[23:04] | You have any questions for me, you talk to my lawyer. | 你要是还有什么问题要问我 跟我律师谈吧 |
[23:07] | Unless… | 除非 |
[23:09] | you want to come back on the show. | 你再来上节目 |
[23:12] | On the show? | 上节目? |
[23:13] | I’ll talk to you anytime about anything on the air. | 在节目中我随时愿意和你谈任何事情 |
[23:16] | What about Monday morning? | 周一早上如何呀? |
[23:24] | I didn’t think so. | 我不想了 |
[23:28] | Na-Natalie. | |
[23:29] | Wipe, wipe! | 抹布 抹布! |
[23:31] | Wipe. Hey! | – 抹布 – 嘿! |
[23:32] | Here’s the Wipe Guy! | 这是那个用抹布的家伙! |
[23:33] | Wipe! Wipe! | 擦! 擦! |
[23:35] | Wipe! Wipe… | 擦! 擦! |
[23:38] | Well, I think our work here is done. | 我认为我们在这的工作已经完成了 |
[23:40] | Wipe! Wipe! | 擦! 擦! |
[23:42] | Wipe! Wipe! Wipe! | 擦! 擦! 擦! |
[23:45] | Mr. Monk! | Monk先生! |
[23:47] | Mr. Monk! | Monk先生! |
[23:49] | Mr. Monk, come on. | Monk先生 别这样 |
[23:50] | You have to call the captain. | 你得打电话给队长 |
[23:52] | I can’t hear you. | 我没听到 |
[23:55] | You heard me. | 你听到的 如果你认为Max Hudson杀了他妻子 |
[23:56] | If you think Max Hudson killed his wife, | 如果你认为Max Hudson杀了他妻子 |
[23:57] | then we need to call the captain. | 那么我们得打电话给队长 |
[23:59] | And tell him what? | 然后跟他说什么? |
[24:00] | I have no proof. | 我没有证据 |
[24:02] | Okay, let me see if I understand. | 好吧 看看我是否弄懂了 |
[24:04] | One: you need proof. | 一 你需要证据 |
[24:05] | 1A One-A: to get this proof, | |
[24:08] | you need to talk to your suspect. | 要拿到证据 |
[24:09] | One-B: | 你得跟你怀疑的对象谈一谈 |
[24:11] | your suspect won’t talk to you unless you go on his show. | 你怀疑的对象不会跟你谈的 除非你上了他的节目 |
[24:13] | One-C: omitted. | 1C 省略掉 |
[24:17] | Two — you’re afraid to go back on the show | 二 |
[24:19] | because you think he might embarrass you. | 你害怕再去上节目是因为 你认为他会让你十分尴尬 |
[24:21] | No, no. | 不对 不对 |
[24:22] | I’m not afraid. | 我不害怕 |
[24:24] | I’m terrified. There’s a big difference. | 我吓到了 这区别很大 |
[24:26] | You heard what happened. | 你也听到发生了什么事 |
[24:27] | It was a massacre. | 那是场屠杀 |
[24:29] | They ripped me apart in there. | 他们把我大卸八块 |
[24:31] | I felt like I was back in seventh grade. | 感觉我又回到了中学时代 |
[24:33] | Okay, then the next time you go on, | 那好 下次你再去上节目 |
[24:35] | you’ll know what to expect. | 你就知道要期待什么了 |
[24:36] | No. It won’t help | 不 没用的 |
[24:37] | because I can’t fight back. | 因为我无法反击 |
[24:39] | I’m just… not funny. | 我 不会搞笑 |
[24:41] | I’m not funny. | 我不懂得搞笑 Monk先生 不是这样的 |
[24:42] | Mr. Monk, that is not true. | Monk先生 不是这样的 Natalie 你认识我3年了 |
[24:43] | Natalie, you’ve known me for three years. | Natalie 你认识我3年了 |
[24:45] | Have I ever said anything funny? | 我有讲过什么好笑的事吗? |
[24:47] | Yeah– | 是 |
[24:49] | Um… | |
[24:52] | Kevin, have I ever said anything funny? | Kevin 我有讲过好玩的事吗? |
[24:55] | That’s a good question. Okay. Let’s see. | 这是个好问题 好了 我想想 |
[24:57] | I met you in October, 1998. | 我是1998年10月见到你的 |
[25:00] | First week… No. | 第一个礼拜 没有 |
[25:02] | You were kind of a Gloomy Gus. | 你一脸的苦大仇深 |
[25:04] | Second week… | 第二个礼拜 |
[25:13] | No. | 没有 |
[25:15] | Third week… | 第三个礼拜 |
[25:18] | What? | |
[25:20] | Yes! | 有了 |
[25:21] | The– Wait. | 那个 等一下 |
[25:22] | Sorry. No, that wasn’t you. | 抱歉 不对 那不是你 |
[25:24] | It was Arsenio Hall. | 那是 Arsenio Hall |
[25:26] | He’s hilarious. | 他真是搞笑 |
[25:27] | It’s like a blind spot. | 这就像是一个盲点 |
[25:29] | It’s like everybody else in the world | 就好象这世界上其他任何人 |
[25:32] | can speak another language | 都会讲另一种语言 |
[25:34] | that I can’t learn. | 而我就学不会 |
[25:35] | Maybe it’s genetic. | 或许这是基因问题吧 |
[25:37] | I don’t remember my parents ever laughing. | 我都不记得我爹妈有没有大笑过 |
[25:40] | Okay, Mr. Monk, that is not possible. | 好了 Monk先生 那是不可能的 |
[25:42] | Everybody laughs. | 人人都会笑的啊 |
[25:43] | You’re just blocking it out. | 你只是想不起来了 |
[25:47] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[25:48] | Sit down. I want to show you something. | 坐下 我有东西想给你看看 |
[25:52] | Sit down. | 坐啊 |
[25:55] | These… | 这个 |
[25:56] | are home movies my brother Ambrose | 是家庭录像 |
[26:00] | edited together for me. | 我哥哥Ambrose 帮我剪辑到一起的 |
[26:01] | Oh, what a treat. | 噢 真是好啊 |
[26:03] | Mr. Monk, I love home movies. | Monk先生 我爱家庭录像 |
[26:05] | They always make me feel better about my own family. | 这总能让我对自己的家庭感觉好一点 |
[26:12] | Oh. | 噢 |
[26:15] | Is that you? | 那是你吗? |
[26:17] | – Adorable. – Look at you! | 真可爱 瞧你啊 |
[26:19] | That’s my Aunt Clara. | 这是我的Clara姑姑 |
[26:28] | Did somebody die? | 有人死了吗? |
[26:30] | Christmas morning. | 圣诞节早上 |
[26:35] | Oh, that’s me playing Hide. | 噢 那是我在玩躲藏 |
[26:38] | You mean Hide-and-Seek? | 你是说捉迷藏吗? |
[26:42] | You still don’t get it, do you? | 你还是不明白 是吗? |
[26:46] | Oh, this–this one | 噢 |
[26:49] | is my cousin’s birthday party. | 这..这个是我表弟的生日派对 |
[26:51] | And… there’s me. | 恩 那是我 |
[26:57] | Got a balloon there. | 拿了个气球 |
[27:06] | I don’t remember his name. Huh. | 记不得他的名字了 |
[27:16] | Oh, and… | 噢 还有 |
[27:18] | family picnic. | 家庭野餐 |
[27:20] | There’s Ambrose. | 那是Ambrose |
[27:28] | Oh, there’s more. There’s–There’s a lot more. | 噢 还有呢 还 还有好多呢 |
[27:31] | Mr. Monk, that’s the saddest movie I’ve ever seen. | Monk先生 这是我看过最悲伤的电影了 |
[27:38] | I’m not hugging you. | 我不是在抱你 |
[27:39] | I’m hugging the little boy in that movie. | 我是抱片子里那个小男孩 |
[27:46] | I am so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[28:06] | Kevin. | |
[28:07] | What time is it? | 几点了啊 |
[28:08] | Did I ever tell you about my uncle? | 我有跟你提过我叔叔吗? |
[28:11] | No. | 没有 |
[28:12] | Sy Dorfman? | |
[28:15] | The comedian? | 那个喜剧演员? |
[28:17] | Sy Dorfman? | |
[28:19] | Uh… | |
[28:20] | You’ve heard of Milton Berle, right? | 你听说过Milton Berle吧 是不是? |
[28:22] | – Uncle Miltie? – Uh, yeah. | Miltie叔叔? 呃 是啊 |
[28:24] | Well, they were contemporaries! | 他们是同时代的! |
[28:26] | Worked a lot of the same venues, | 在很多场合一起合作 |
[28:28] | had a lot of friends in common. | 还有好多共同的朋友 |
[28:29] | Take a seat. | 坐吧 |
[28:31] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[28:39] | When I think about all the great Milton Berle stories | 每当我想听Milton Berle的好故事时 |
[28:42] | they would tell Uncle Sy | 他们就会告诉Sy叔叔 |
[28:45] | and then he would relay to me. | 然后他再转述给我 |
[28:48] | And when he died… | 他过世的时候 |
[28:50] | he left me this. | 他把这个留给了我 |
[28:56] | It’s his joke file. | 这是他的笑话收录箱 |
[29:01] | Professional jokes? | 专业的笑话吗? |
[29:04] | Field-tested. | 现场试验过的 |
[29:06] | Guaranteed. | 绝对有水准 |
[29:07] | You want to go back on the Max Hudson show, right? | 你想回去做”Max Hudson秀” 对吗? |
[29:09] | Well, here’s your chance | 现在就是给他点颜色瞧瞧的机会了啊 |
[29:11] | to give him a taste of the medicine | |
[29:13] | that he prescribes. | |
[29:17] | “For the first year of my marriage, | 我结婚的第一年 |
[29:19] | I thought the only flavor was charcoal.” | 我以为唯一的味道就是木炭味 |
[29:24] | Uh… uh. | |
[29:27] | Yeah, ’cause she was a bad cook. | 对啊 |
[29:29] | She burnt everything. | 因为她不会做饭 所以东西都烧焦了 |
[29:32] | You see? | 明白了吧? |
[29:33] | That’s good. | 真棒 |
[29:35] | Oh, wow. That’s… powerful. | 噢 喔 真是 好强啊 |
[29:40] | Are they all that good? | 都是这么好的笑话吗? |
[29:41] | Well, he performed a lot of them at my Bar Mitzvah. | 他在我的成人礼上讲过好多 |
[29:45] | And he killed. | 让全场笑翻 |
[29:48] | Oh, thank you, Kevin. | 噢 谢谢你 Kevin |
[29:50] | Wow. | 哇 |
[29:51] | All right, let’s see. | 好了 我们瞧瞧 |
[29:53] | I’ll… | 我 |
[29:54] | I’ll take some “Mother-In-Laws.” | 我拿点关于”岳母大人”的 |
[29:56] | Splendid. | 很好 |
[29:58] | Oh, “Hippy jokes.” | 噢 “嬉皮笑话” |
[29:59] | – I bet those are good. – Those are good. | 我敢说这些一定很好笑 很搞 |
[30:03] | And what are these red ones? | 这些红色的是什么? |
[30:05] | Those are his dirty jokes. | 那些是黄色笑话 |
[30:07] | He only used those when he was in real trouble. | 他只会在真的有麻烦时才会用 |
[30:14] | I’ll just take one of those, okay? | 我只拿一张 好吗? |
[30:16] | Take it. | 拿吧 |
[30:19] | I think I’m going to change that to “B.M.” | 我想我要把这个改成”B.M.” |
[30:21] | Yeah, that still– still works. | 可以 一样有效果的 |
[30:23] | Hey, Max, guess who’s back. | 嘿 Max 瞧瞧谁回来了 |
[30:26] | The psycho wipey detective. | 擦试癖大侦探 |
[30:28] | Monk? | Spunky Monkey来了? |
[30:29] | Spunky monkey is here? | Spunky Monkey来了? |
[30:30] | I didn’t think he had the nerve, the way he skedaddled | 看着他上次那样仓皇逃走 |
[30:32] | outta here last time. | 我还以为他没胆子再来了呢 |
[30:34] | Is the blonde with him? | 跟他一起那个金发美女? |
[30:35] | Natalie, I love you. | Natalie 我爱你 |
[30:37] | That’s disgusting. | 真恶心 嘿 好了 把他带进来啊 |
[30:38] | Hey, well, let’s bring him on inside here. | 嘿 好了 把他带进来啊 |
[30:40] | Let’s hear what’s on his so-called mind. | 我们来听听他所谓的点子吧 |
[30:42] | Mr. Monk, maybe we should wait for the captain. | Monk先生 或许我们该等队长来 |
[30:44] | No, no, no, no. Look. | 不 不 不 不用 瞧 |
[30:47] | What are those? | 那是什么啊? |
[30:49] | Those are golden bullets. | 这些是金色子弹 (指一劳永逸的东西) |
[30:51] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[30:53] | What are those cards? What are you doing? | 那些卡片是干什么用的? 你想怎样啊? |
[30:54] | Don’t worry. It’s in the bag. | 别担心 十拿九稳的事儿 |
[30:57] | – He’s scared. – Whup! | 他害怕 注意袖子 注意袖子 |
[30:59] | And the sleeve. | 还是袖子 |
[31:01] | Yay. | |
[31:03] | Hi, Max, J.J., Willie. | 嗨 Max J.J. Willie |
[31:05] | Did you guys miss me? | 你们想我吗? |
[31:07] | Wipe. Wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe. | 我擦 我擦 我擦擦擦 |
[31:10] | Well, well, well. Look who’s back. | 喔 喔 喔 看看是谁回来了啊 |
[31:12] | – Surprised? – More like annoyed, actually. | 惊讶吧 事实上 更多的是讨厌 |
[31:15] | For those of you who missed it last week, | 给错过上周节目的你介绍一下 |
[31:17] | Adrian Monk is a private detective | Adrian Monk是一位私家侦探 |
[31:19] | who was hired by my ex-sister-in law | 受雇于我那个有妄想症的前小姨子 |
[31:21] | who’s delusional ’cause she thinks I killed my… | 因为她觉得我杀了我的 |
[31:25] | my wife. | 我妻子 恩 |
[31:27] | So what can we do for you today, Mr. Mo-o-onk? | 那么 这个星期我们有什么能帮你的呢? Mo- o- onk先生 |
[31:30] | Well, | 那个 |
[31:32] | for three weeks before Jeanette died, | Jeanette死前的三个星期 |
[31:35] | you left the house at 2:00 every afternoon. | 你每天下午的两点钟离开家 |
[31:38] | – Yes. – According to her sister, | – 是的 – 这是她妹妹提供的情况 |
[31:40] | you said you were going to the gym. | 你说你是去健身房 |
[31:43] | – That’s right. – Well, I went to your gym. | – 没错 – 那好 我去过你的健身房 |
[31:45] | And they said that you haven’t been there | 他们说你有6个月没去过那里了 |
[31:47] | in six months. | |
[31:48] | So my first question is: | 所以我的第一个问题是 |
[31:51] | what were you doing at 2:00 every day? | 每天的下午两点钟 你都在做什么呢? |
[31:55] | Well, uh, that’s really none of your business, | 恩 虽然这是真的与你无关 |
[31:57] | but, uh, I’m gonna tell you anyway. | 不过我还是告诉你吧 |
[32:00] | It’s no secret Jeanette and I had an understanding. | 没什么可隐瞒的 Jeanette和我达成了共识 |
[32:03] | We had what some people would call an “open marriage”. | 我们之间就是那种某些人所谓的”开放式婚姻” |
[32:06] | In my house it’s called, “The Impossible Dream.” | 在我们家叫作”不可能实现的梦想” |
[32:09] | So you’re absolutely right. | 所以你说的完全正确 |
[32:11] | I did not go to the gym. | 我是没有去健身房 |
[32:12] | I was getting a different kind of workout. | 我去进行另外一种”健身活动”了 |
[32:15] | Yeah, baby! | 好极了 |
[32:16] | – B-b-b-b-b-wah! – Hey! | 宝贝 |
[32:18] | And for those of you keeping score at home, | 各位在家记录比分的听众们 |
[32:20] | that’s Max one, Monk nothing. | 现在是Max一分 Monk零分 |
[32:23] | You wanna play? | 你想玩吗? |
[32:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:26] | Let’s–Let’s play. | 我们 我们就玩玩看 |
[32:29] | Oh… here we go! | 噢 好戏上场 |
[32:33] | You know, Max. | 你知道的 Max |
[32:35] | You look like you’re out of shape. | 你看起来身体状况不太好 |
[32:37] | When you go to a restaurant, | 当你去餐馆的时候 |
[32:39] | you don’t use a fork. | 你不用叉子 |
[32:41] | You use a harpoon. | 你用的是鱼叉 |
[32:45] | Uh… | |
[32:46] | What? | 什么? |
[32:47] | You heard me. | 你听到我说的了 |
[32:49] | When you took your dog to the dog show, | 你带着你的狗去参加狗狗比赛时 |
[32:51] | you won first prize, not your dog. | 得第一名的是你 而不是你的狗 |
[32:57] | Yeah, that’s, uh… | 是啊 这 |
[32:58] | that’s not funny. | 不好笑 |
[33:02] | – Yes, it is. – No. No, it’s not. | 不 这好笑 不 不 不好笑 |
[33:05] | Yes, it is. You know who you remind me of? | 不 不 不好笑 好笑 你知道你让我想起谁了吗? |
[33:08] | The hippie who came home and gave his dog fleas. | 一个回到家 带了跳蚤给他的狗的嬉皮士 |
[33:12] | “Hippie?” What year is this? | 嬉皮士? 现在是什么年代了啊? |
[33:15] | Actually, you remind me of several different hippies. | 事实上 你让我想起了各种各样的嬉皮士 |
[33:18] | Like the hippie who moved into a new apartment | 比如那个搬进一栋新公寓 |
[33:21] | and it was six months | 结果过了6个月 |
[33:22] | before he realized there was no hot water. | 才发现家里没热水的嬉皮士 |
[33:29] | I’m sorry, but you had that coming. | 抱歉 但你就是给我这种感觉 |
[33:32] | Yeah, um… | 是啊 恩 |
[33:33] | Adrian, uh, are you telling jokes, buddy? | Adrian 呃 你是在讲笑话吗? 伙计 |
[33:36] | Max, you’ve got a caller. | Max 有电话进来 |
[33:38] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[33:39] | Hello, Mr. Hudson. | 你好 Hudson先生 |
[33:40] | Long-time listener, first-time caller. | 听你节目很久了 第一次打电话 |
[33:42] | – I love the show. – Thank you. | – 我很喜欢这个节目 – 谢谢 |
[33:44] | I can’t believe I got through. | 真不敢相信竟然接通了我的电话 |
[33:46] | Listen, I just got back from Los Angeles | 听我说 我刚从洛杉矶回来 |
[33:49] | and the smog was terrible. | 那里的烟雾真是太严重了 |
[33:52] | I was wondering if anyone there has any thoughts | 我在想 |
[33:55] | on the subject. | 是否有谁对这个话题有所想法 |
[33:57] | Max, I’ll take this one. | Max 我来 |
[33:59] | I know what he means. | 我知道他是什么意思 |
[34:01] | The smog was so bad, | 烟雾很浓 |
[34:02] | one time I shot an arrow into the air, and it stuck. | 有一次 我对着空中放了一箭 结果卡住了 |
[34:10] | In the a–air. | 对着空 空气 |
[34:15] | just stuck. | 卡 卡住了 |
[34:17] | From the smog. | 在烟雾里 |
[34:21] | Yeah. Yeah, J.J., that sound-effect | 是啊 是啊 |
[34:23] | is about as funny as my wife’s cooking. | J.J. 这声效做得跟我老婆的厨艺一样搞笑 |
[34:25] | Do you know what she made every night? | 你知道她每天晚上都做什么吗? |
[34:27] | A noose? | 吊颈索? |
[34:31] | No. No, not a noose. | 不 不是那个 |
[34:33] | Leftovers. | 是剩饭 – 她干吗要做吊颈索啊? – 说真的 |
[34:34] | – Why would she make a noose? – Yeah, seriously, though. | – 她干吗要做吊颈索啊? – 说真的 |
[34:36] | Are–are you married? | 你 你结婚了吗? |
[34:37] | Because that’s a woman I would love to meet. | 因为我很想见见这位女士 |
[34:43] | I was married. | 我结婚了 |
[34:45] | Her name was Trudy. | 他叫Trudy |
[34:47] | She died. | 她去世了 |
[34:49] | She was murdered. | 她被谋杀了 |
[34:51] | It was a car bomb. | 汽车炸弹 |
[34:55] | Aw, man, that sucks. | 伙计 |
[34:56] | May she rest in peace. | 真是糟糕 愿她安息 |
[34:57] | Well… rest in pieces. | 是啊 愿她能安息 |
[35:00] | I mean, at least my wife was buried in a coffin. | 至少我老婆有棺材躺 |
[35:03] | What was Trudy buried in, a bunch of little snack bags? | Trudy待在哪儿了? 一个小零食袋子里? |
[35:06] | Oh, God. Let me in there! | 噢 天哪 让我进去! |
[35:08] | – Whoa, whoa. Max, take it easy. – No, no, seriously. | – 喔 喔 Max 别激动 – 不 不 说真的 |
[35:10] | You should have called me in. I could’ve helped you with the case. | 你当时该叫我去 我可以帮你处理 |
[35:12] | I’m great with jigsaw puzzles. | 我可是拼图高手呢! |
[35:15] | Are you joking about Trudy? | 你在拿Trudy开玩笑吗? |
[35:17] | “Adrian, I’m wanna use the car now. | Adrian 我要用一下车 |
[35:19] | Go for a drive. What’s this button do?” | 开车出去一下 |
[35:21] | Ka-booom! | 这个按钮是干吗用的啊? |
[35:24] | I bet you needed a whole buncha wipes that day, huh? | 我猜你那天需要一大包的纸巾啊 是不是 |
[35:27] | By the way, you know the last thing that went through your wife’s mind– | 对了 你知道你老婆脑子里想的 |
[35:30] | the steering wheel. | 最后一样东西是什么吗? 方向盘 |
[35:32] | Mr. Monk! | Monk先生! |
[35:34] | Mr. Monk! | Monk先生! |
[35:38] | Mr. Monk! | Monk先生! |
[35:39] | Oh, my God! | |
[35:45] | Thanks for stopping by, Adrian. | 谢谢你过来玩 Adrian |
[35:47] | Come by anytime. | 随时欢迎你来 |
[35:49] | We’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[35:56] | Here. | |
[35:57] | Did you hear him? | 你听见了吗? |
[35:58] | Did you hear what he said about Trudy? | 你听见他说Trudy了吗? |
[36:00] | Yeah, we were in the car. We had to pull over. | 是的 我们当时在车里 马上就停到路边了 |
[36:02] | – I couldn’t even drive. – That wasn’t funny, was it? | 我都没办法开车了 那不好笑 对吗? |
[36:04] | No, Mr. Monk. It was unspeakable. | 是的 Monk先生 那样真是太过分了 |
[36:06] | Here’s what I was thinking: | 我是这么想的 |
[36:07] | Number one, sounded like you got a couple good shots in. | 第一 听起来你抓住了他的痛脚 |
[36:09] | I was proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[36:11] | And two, he sounded scared. | 第二 他听起来很害怕 |
[36:13] | Scared and guilty. | 既害怕又良心不安 |
[36:14] | He is guilty. | 他就是有罪的 |
[36:15] | 25 years to life. That’s the best revenge. | 生活了25年 这是最好的复仇机会 |
[36:19] | So let’s just take a deep breath. | 所以我们冷静下来 |
[36:21] | Let’s focus. | 集中精神 |
[36:23] | And let’s figure out how he did this. | 搞清楚他是怎么做的 |
[36:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:36] | Okay, he was on… on the radio. | 好 他 他在电台 |
[36:40] | Doing his show and the house was locked. | 在做节目 房子是锁着的 |
[36:43] | Locked and bolted from the inside. | 是从里面锁好 插好的 |
[36:45] | The little window in the back was open | 后面的小窗户开着 |
[36:47] | but only eight inches. | 但只有8英寸 |
[36:49] | Not big enough for a little person. | 多小的人都进不去 |
[36:51] | which has already been established scientifically. | 这一点已经可以非常肯定了 |
[37:07] | Ooh, yeah, you got it! | 噢 好了 你抓到了 |
[37:08] | Ooh, here he comes. Here he comes. | 噢 他来了 他来了 |
[37:10] | Oh, he’s got it. | 噢 他抓到了 |
[37:12] | Is that… a loafer? | 那是 一只便鞋吗? |
[37:14] | Yeah, I think so. | 是的 我想是的 |
[37:15] | A brown, | 棕色 |
[37:17] | Ramato loafer, size 10 1/2. | Ramato便鞋 10号半 |
[37:19] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[37:21] | Oh, uh, hello again. | 噢 嗨 又是你啊 |
[37:23] | Uh, he’s not bothering you, is he? | 他没有吵到你吧? |
[37:25] | No, no, no. Just curious… | 不 不 没有 只是好奇 |
[37:26] | Where did he get that shoe? | 他从哪儿弄到那只鞋的? |
[37:28] | Oh, hell. | 噢 该死的 |
[37:29] | It’s not yours, is it? | 不是你的吧? |
[37:31] | I am so sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[37:33] | He has a thing for shoes. | 他就是喜欢叼鞋子 |
[37:35] | I don’t know where he got this shoe. | 我不知道他是从哪儿叼来的 |
[37:37] | He, uh, just had it when I got back from our vacation. | 我度假回来的时候 就看到他叼着 |
[37:40] | You were on vacation? | 你去度假了? |
[37:42] | Hawaii. We go every July. | 夏威夷 我们每年7月都去 |
[37:44] | Who was watching the dog? | 那谁来看着狗呢? |
[37:46] | Oh, you’re not gonna believe it. | 噢 你不会相信的 |
[37:48] | I still can’t believe it. | 我都还不敢信呢 |
[37:49] | Max Hudson. | |
[37:51] | He just volunteered. | 他自愿的 |
[37:53] | I mean, you think a guy like that would have better things to do. | 我是说 那样一个人 应该有更值得的事去做的 |
[38:09] | What, uh…? | 怎么? |
[38:12] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[38:13] | Well, I could tell you, | 我可以跟你说 |
[38:14] | but Adrian Monk wants to tell you himself. | 但是Adrian Monk 想亲自告诉你 |
[38:17] | He’s upstairs. | 他在楼上 |
[38:19] | After you. | 你先走 |
[38:23] | Linda. Uh-huh. | 窗户 |
[38:25] | Uh, I don’t know the legal definition of harassment, | 我不知道 法律上对侵扰的定义是什么 |
[38:28] | but, uh, this is pretty close. | 但是呢 现在这种就很接近了 |
[38:29] | Mr. Hudson, that’s a search warrant. | Hudson先生 这是搜查令 |
[38:32] | You’ve been duly served. | 你已被按时送达了 |
[38:34] | Uh, sure, okay. Knock yourself out. | 呃 当然 好 请自便 |
[38:37] | You’ll just embarrass yourselves again. | 你们只不过是又自讨没趣罢了 |
[38:40] | It’s over, Max. | 结束了 Max |
[38:41] | We know how you did it. | 我们知道你是怎么做的 |
[38:43] | We know what you were doing everyday at 2:00. | 我们知道每天两点钟你都在做什么 |
[38:45] | You were next door | 你在隔壁 |
[38:46] | That’s right. I was. | 没错 的确 |
[38:47] | I was house-sitting. I was watering their plants. | 我在看房子 我帮他们给植物浇水 |
[38:50] | Nah, you were training their dog. | 不 你是在训练他们的狗 |
[38:52] | We replayed a tape | 我们重看了一遍 |
[38:54] | of the show you made the morning your wife died. | 你妻子死去那天早上 你做的节目 |
[38:56] | That was the day you introduced your new catchphrase: | 那天你介绍了自己的标语: |
[38:59] | “Jangle my tenders.” | 破船下水 |
[39:01] | “Jiggle me timbers,” sir. | 扬帆出海 长官 |
[39:03] | “Jiggle me timbers.” | 扬帆出海 |
[39:04] | You never said it before that day. | 那天之前你从没说过这个 |
[39:06] | or since. | 或是从那天开始 |
[39:07] | I’m a big fan. | 我是你的超级听迷 |
[39:09] | Well, I was. | 是的 |
[39:10] | Unless you’re not guilty. | 除了你涉嫌某宗案子 |
[39:12] | In which case, we’re all really sorry about all of this. | 对于这一切我们很抱歉 |
[39:15] | Although, I’m pretty sure you’re guilty. | 虽然我很肯定 你是有罪的 |
[39:17] | But, if you’re not, I’m sorry. | 但如果不是的话 我道歉 |
[39:20] | This is insane. | 这真是无理取闹 |
[39:21] | Well, it’s easy enough to prove. | 这很容易证实 |
[39:26] | Let’s do it. | 行动 |
[39:27] | …out on Friday | 周五发现的 我昨晚看到的 |
[39:30] | I saw it last night. | 扬帆出海! |
[39:31] | Jiggle me timbers! | 扬帆出海! |
[39:36] | Hey, Max, where’d you get that — “Jiggle me timbers?” | 那是什么意思啊? “扬帆出海?” |
[39:38] | You’ve been saying that all morning. | 你念叨了一早上了 |
[39:40] | The new catchphrase. That was your command. | 新的口号 就是你的命令 |
[39:43] | That dog was your accomplice. | 那条狗就是你的帮凶 |
[39:46] | You worked with him everyday for a month. | 你每天跟它一起练习 有一个月的时间 |
[39:48] | You trained him to murder your wife. | 你教它杀死你的妻子 |
[39:51] | That morning, you could have been a hundred miles away. | 那天早上 你可以在很远的地方 |
[39:54] | You left his cage open and a radio on. | 只要敞着它笼子的门 开着收音机 |
[39:57] | All you had to do was go on the air and give the command. | 你要做的就是去播音 发号施令 |
[40:01] | You knew Jeanette would be fast asleep. | 你知道Jeanette很快就会睡着 |
[40:02] | You knew she’d never wake up. | 你知道她永远都不会醒 |
[40:05] | Oh, here he comes. | 噢 他来了 |
[40:24] | You made one big mistake. | 你犯了一个大错误 |
[40:26] | Your partner, your accomplice. | 你的搭档 |
[40:28] | He’s got a thing for shoes. | 他对鞋子情有独钟 |
[40:30] | He stole one of yours and brought it home. | 他偷了你的一只鞋子 叼回了家 |
[40:34] | So is he under arrest? | 所以他被捕了? |
[40:35] | Yes, he is. | 是的 没错 |
[40:37] | Thank you, Mr. Monk. | 谢谢你 Monk先生 |
[40:38] | – Thank you. – Hmm. | 谢谢 |
[40:40] | You heard the lady, Max. | 你听到那位小姐说的了 Max |
[40:42] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[40:44] | Gimme your hands. | 把手给我 |
[40:50] | You’re not laughing now. | 你现在笑不出来了 |
[40:53] | Are you? | 是吗? |
[40:56] | Are you? | 是不是? |
[40:58] | No. | 是的 |
[41:00] | I’m not laughing. | 我笑不出来了 |
[41:04] | Join the club. | 好好享受吧 |
[41:06] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[41:14] | Oh, here we go. | |
[41:17] | Mmm, that looks good! | |
[41:30] | You are so silly. | |
[41:31] | All right, you ready? | |
[41:33] | Okay, don’t forget, I have the knife. | |
[41:35] | I know. | |
[41:36] | You think that’s funny? Whoo! | |
[41:43] | I love how you laugh. |