时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | You’re late. | |
[00:49] | What are you doing here? | 你迟到了 |
[00:51] | You said the place was gonna be empty. | 你在这儿做什么 |
[00:53] | Yeah. Change of plans. | 你说过这儿没人的 |
[00:55] | I decided to help out. | 计划有变 |
[00:57] | You’re the boss. | 我决定帮把手 |
[00:58] | That’s right; I’m the boss. | 你说了算 |
[00:59] | Wait… | 这就对了 |
[01:00] | Did you wipe your feet? | 当然我说了算 等等… |
[01:02] | Yes, sir. | 你把脚底擦干净了吗 |
[01:03] | I wiped ’em outside like you said. | 是的 |
[01:06] | Good. | 先生 我照你的吩咐在外面就擦干净了 |
[01:07] | Then let’s do it. | 很好 |
[01:09] | You can start with these right here. | 那我们就开始吧 |
[01:11] | So, um… | 从这儿开始 |
[01:13] | How’s this work? | 那… |
[01:14] | I mean, when do you call the insurance company? | 这有用吗 我是说… |
[01:19] | I won’t be calling the insurance company. | 你什么时候给保险公司打电话 我不打算打这个电话 |
[01:23] | – What’s that? – This? | – 那是什么 |
[01:25] | This is your gun, Dewey. | – 这个吗 |
[01:27] | My gun? | 这是你的枪 Dewey |
[01:29] | This one’s mine. | 我的枪? |
[01:32] | This is the one I kill the intruder with. | 这是我的 |
[01:34] | Intruder? | 这只枪是我用来对付入侵者的 |
[01:37] | Rob? What was that? | 入侵者? |
[01:39] | Are you all right? | Rob? 出什么事了 |
[01:41] | I’m fine, Pam. Everything’s fine. | 你没事吧 |
[01:45] | Better come down. | 我很好 Ann |
[01:55] | It sounded like a gun. | 一切正常 |
[02:03] | It was. | 你最好下来看看 我好像听到有枪声 |
[02:04] | Oh, my God. | – 的确是 |
[02:07] | Rob, is he dead? | – 天啊 |
[02:09] | What did you do? | Rob 他死了吗 |
[02:11] | He had a gun… this one. | 你干了些什么 |
[02:14] | No, wait. | 他拿着枪 |
[02:17] | This one. | 就是这把 |
[03:20] | Oh, my God. | 不 |
[03:22] | You’ve got to help me. | 等等 是这把 |
[03:23] | It’s my wife… she’s been shot. | 你们得帮帮我 |
[04:30] | It’s 8:15. | 是我的妻子 她遭枪击了 |
[04:31] | That’s it; I’m officially late for school. | Monk先生 鸟和蜜蜂 |
[04:33] | Sweetie, I’m sorry. I can’t just leave. | 我快迟到了 |
[04:35] | This is my job. | 宝贝 对不起 我现在还不能走 |
[04:36] | Well, what about Tim? It’s not fair to him. | 这是我的工作 那Tim怎么办 这对他不公平 |
[04:38] | Oh, don’t worry about me, Ms. Teeger. | 那Tim怎么办 这对他不公平 |
[04:39] | I already finished all my homework… | 不用担心我 Teeger夫人 我的家庭作业已经做完了… |
[04:40] | And all of my classwork. | 我的家庭作业已经做完了… 所有的功课都统统搞定了 |
[04:42] | I told you he was a genius. | 所有的功课都统统搞定了 |
[04:43] | But what about me? | 我说过他是个天才 |
[04:44] | This is my third tardy in two weeks. | 那我怎么办 这是两周以来我第三次晚交作业了 |
[04:46] | Ugh, all right, all right, all right. | 这是两周以来我第三次晚交作业了 |
[04:47] | You’re right. Okay. | 好的 好的 好的 你说的对 好的 |
[04:48] | One second. I’ll take care of it. | 你说的对 |
[04:52] | “Dear Mr. Franklin, | 好的 |
[04:55] | please excuse my daughter Julie | 稍等 |
[04:58] | and her boyfriend…” | 我来处理 |
[04:59] | Mom. | “亲爱的Franklin先生 “请原谅我的女儿Julie和她的男友…” |
[05:00] | Sorry…”friend, Tim Sussman. | 妈 |
[05:05] | They are late to school today | 抱歉…”朋友 Tim |
[05:08] | Sussman because as I was driving them | |
[05:11] | my boss was called in | “他们今天迟到” “完全是因为在我送他们上学途中” |
[05:13] | to the scene of a double homicide. | “我的老板接到电话” |
[05:16] | Thank you, Natalie Teeger.” | “要赶去一个凶杀案现场” “谢谢 |
[05:19] | Natalie Teeger” All right, so if he has any questions | |
[05:21] | just have him call me. | 好了 如果他有什么疑问的话 |
[05:22] | I’m sure he will. | 就叫他打我电话 |
[05:24] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. You’re not wearing that t-shirt. | 我保证他会打的 |
[05:27] | Why not? | – 你不能穿那件T恤了 – 为什么不能 |
[05:28] | Because it’s not appropriate, honey. You’re in high school now. | 因为不太适合你 |
[05:31] | I can’t take it off. | 宝贝 你现在已经上高中了 |
[05:32] | And I promised him I’d wear it every day. | 我不能脱 |
[05:34] | For how long? | 我对他保证过 我会天天穿着它 |
[05:36] | ‘Til I die. | 打算穿多久 |
[05:37] | You’re gonna wear that t-shirt until you die? | 直到我死的那天 |
[05:39] | That’s the plan. | 你打算一直把这件T恤穿到你死的那天? |
[05:40] | No no no no. | 我计划好了 |
[05:47] | Did you know him? | 天知道 |
[05:51] | His name is Jordan. Dewey Jordan. Ring a bell? | 你认识他吗 他叫Jordan |
[05:57] | Dewey Jordan Did you ever kill anyone? | |
[05:59] | Yes, I have. | 想起来了吗 你杀过人吗 |
[06:02] | It’s not like in the movies, is it? | 是的 杀过 |
[06:04] | Sorry about this. | 感觉和电影里不太一样 是吗 |
[06:05] | About what? | 很抱歉 |
[06:06] | About calling you in on this one. | 抱歉什么 |
[06:08] | Obviously pretty open and shut. | 抱歉打电话叫你到这儿来 |
[06:09] | – Justifiable homicide. – Is it? | -一看就知道是起自卫造成的凶案 |
[06:11] | Isn’t it? | -是吗 |
[06:12] | When did you buy the gun? | -不是吗 |
[06:15] | Five months ago. | -枪是什么时候买的 |
[06:16] | There were some break-ins down the street. | 五个月前 |
[06:23] | It’s a lucky thing you did | 这条街上发生过几起入室盗窃的案子 |
[06:25] | because he would’ve killed you too. | 你还算走运 |
[06:27] | That’s for sure. | 因为他原本可以连你也一起杀掉 |
[06:30] | I don’t feel lucky. | |
[06:32] | All right, we ID’d the bodies. | 我可不觉得有什么走运 |
[06:33] | A kid… a punk named Dewey Jordan. | 好的 尸体的身份已经确认 |
[06:35] | He lives in Cole Valley. | 一个叫Dewey Jordan的小混混 |
[06:37] | About 4:00 a.m., | 住在Cole |
[06:38] | Valley parks in the driveway right out front. | |
[06:40] | Point of entry: Side patio door. | 大约凌晨四点 把车停在前门的私人车道上 |
[06:42] | He parked in the driveway? That’s kind of risky. | 天井门旁边 |
[06:44] | Probably figured he’d be in and out. | 他把车停在私人车道上? 这可够冒险的 |
[06:46] | Maybe. | 他可能想一会就出来了 |
[06:47] | The husband Robert Sherman and his wife Pam, | 可能 |
[06:49] | they’re upstairs in bed. | 丈夫Robert Sherman和妻子Pam |
[06:51] | She wakes up, says she’s cold. | 他们在楼上的卧室里 |
[06:52] | She comes downstairs to adjust the thermostat. | 她醒了 觉得有点冷 |
[06:54] | – Thermostat. – Yeah, it’s right over there. | 于是下楼 调了调空调温度 空调 |
[06:57] | She confronts the intruder. | 是的 就在那儿 |
[06:59] | He shoots her. | 突然她撞见了入侵者 |
[07:00] | One shot, .38 caliber. | 于是他朝她开枪 |
[07:02] | Husband hears the shot. | 一颗子弹 38口径的 |
[07:03] | He grabs his gun. It’s a 9-millimeter glock. | 丈夫听到了枪声 |
[07:06] | It’s registered; We already checked. | 他抓起了枪 一把9毫米的Glock枪 |
[07:07] | – Where was the gun? | |
[07:08] | Upstairs in a lockbox near the bed. | 枪是登记过的 – |
[07:11] | So he comes running downstairs. | 枪是放在哪儿的 楼上床边的一个带锁箱子里 |
[07:13] | The intruder fires, misses, hits the wall. | 然后他冲下楼 入侵者朝他开枪 |
[07:17] | Husband returns fire. | 却射偏了 打在墙上 |
[07:19] | Bang… one shot. | 丈夫也开了枪 |
[07:21] | End of story. | 一枪 |
[07:23] | One shot. Bang… | 搞定 |
[07:27] | End of… | 一枪… |
[07:29] | story. | 搞定 |
[07:31] | The soles of his shoes are clean. So? | 他的鞋底还真干净啊 |
[07:35] | He cut through the garden out back. | -说明什么 |
[07:39] | Think he wiped his feet? | -他是穿过后面的花园进来的 |
[07:41] | Well, it makes sense. He did want to leave footprints. | 你认为他擦过鞋底吗 |
[07:43] | But he did leave footprints on the patio. | 这也说得通啊 |
[07:45] | I saw them when I came in. | 他不想留下脚印 |
[07:47] | Why would he wipe his feet? | 但他确实在天井里留下了脚印 |
[07:49] | You wiped your feet. | 进来时我看到了 他为什么要擦鞋底呢 |
[07:51] | But I’m me. That doesn’t count. | 你也会擦鞋底啊 只有我一人会这样做 |
[07:54] | Why would a kid… a burglar… | 其他的可不算 |
[07:56] | Stop and wipe his feet? That doesn’t make any sense. | 为什么一个小偷… 会停下来擦鞋底呢 |
[08:00] | Hey, excuse me. | 怎么也说不通啊 |
[08:01] | Hello? Yeah, you. | 嘿 抱歉 |
[08:03] | Right, yeah. Did you wipe your feet? | 就是你 |
[08:05] | – Did I… – Wipe your feet? | 是的 你擦鞋底了吗 |
[08:06] | It’s a $23,000 rug. | – 我… – 擦鞋底了吗 那块地毯可值23000美元啊 |
[08:08] | Uh, yes, sir. | 那块地毯可值23000美元啊 |
[08:09] | I wiped them when I came in… ten times. | 是的 先生 |
[08:11] | I don’t believe we’ve met. | 进来时我已经擦过了 擦了十次 |
[08:13] | Rob Sherman, this is Adrian Monk. | 想不到我们还有共同语言 |
[08:15] | He’s a consultant with us, | Rob Sherman 这位是Adrian Monk |
[08:16] | and I can assure you that Mr. Monk’s feet are clean. | 他是我们的侦破顾问 |
[08:19] | In fact, you could probably eat off them. | 我可以向你保证 Monk先生的鞋底绝对是干净的 |
[08:22] | It’s nothing personal. | 说实话 就是把那双鞋吞下去都没问题 |
[08:24] | It’s just… it was my wife’s favorite rug. | 我不是针对你 只是…那是我妻子最喜欢的一条地毯 |
[08:25] | I understand. | 只是…那是我妻子最喜欢的一条地毯 |
[08:27] | Sorry for your loss. | 我理解 |
[08:28] | I guess it, uh… | 节哀顺变 |
[08:31] | hasn’t completely sunk in. | 我想… |
[08:33] | It will. It’ll sink in. | 我还无法完全接受 |
[08:36] | Completely. | 会的 会接受的 |
[08:37] | Do you mind if I check upstairs? | 会完全接受的 |
[09:08] | Hey, how’s it going? | 能让我去楼上看看吗 |
[09:11] | Somebody unplugged the phone. | 嘿 |
[09:14] | Huh. | 怎么样了 电话线被拔了 |
[09:15] | He kept the gun in here? | 他就把枪放这儿吗 |
[09:17] | Yeah. | |
[09:18] | Is this how you found it? | 是的 |
[09:20] | Yeah, we locked the place down. | 你发现的时候就是这样的吗 |
[09:23] | He heard his wife screaming. | 是的 我们把楼下封锁了 |
[09:25] | Opened the box, he grabbed the gun. | 他听见妻子的尖叫 |
[09:27] | Yeah, that’s what the man said. | 打开箱子 拿出枪 |
[09:29] | The box is closed, latched. | 是啊 |
[09:32] | If I heard my wife screaming, | 他是这么说的 箱子被锁上了 |
[09:34] | I wouldn’t stop and close the box. Would you? | 如果是我听到妻子的尖叫 |
[09:36] | Oh, I’m not married. | 我可没有时间把箱子再锁上 |
[09:41] | Her slippers. | 你呢 |
[09:44] | According to the husband, | 我还没结婚呢 她的拖鞋 |
[09:45] | she went downstairs because she was cold. | 根据丈夫的说法 |
[09:49] | If she was cold, why didn’t she put on her slippers? | 她下楼是因为觉得有些冷 如果她真是冷的话 |
[09:51] | That’s a good question. | 为什么不把拖鞋穿上呢 |
[09:53] | Yeah… you’ll get the next one. | 这个问题问得好 |
[09:56] | What are you doing? | 是啊…我还有更好的问题呢 |
[09:57] | We’re supposed to wait by the car. | 你在做什么 |
[09:59] | It’s the final dive. | 我们在等车呢 |
[10:00] | It’s all up to Sussman. | 这是最后一跳了 |
[10:01] | You line your feet up. | 全靠Sussman了 |
[10:03] | You visualize the dive. | 站好 |
[10:05] | And… | 想象纵身一跃 |
[10:09] | 8.6. | 跳入水中 然后… |
[10:11] | 8.6? Are you kidding me? That was perfect. | 8.6分 |
[10:13] | Excuse me, excuse me. | 8.6分? 开什么玩笑 这么完美的动作 |
[10:14] | This is private property here, okay? | 打扰了 打扰了 |
[10:16] | Shouldn’t you guys be in school? | 这儿是私人宅邸 好吗 |
[10:18] | Oh, um, we’re with my mom. | 你们怎么不去学校上学 |
[10:19] | Natalie Teeger. | 我们和我妈妈在一起 |
[10:20] | She’s here with Mr. Monk. | |
[10:22] | Yeah, she just went in to get him. | 她和Monk先生在这儿 |
[10:23] | And you are? | 是啊 她刚刚进去找他 |
[10:25] | I’m, uh… | 那你是? |
[10:26] | I’m nobody. | 我…我就是个路人甲 |
[10:28] | Oh, his name is Tim. | |
[10:30] | He’s my boyfriend. | 他叫Tim |
[10:31] | Yeah, I can see that from the shirt. | 他是我的男朋友 |
[10:35] | So where were you guys… | 是啊 看T恤就知道了 |
[10:37] | Some amusement park? | 那你们在哪儿拍的 哪个游乐园吗 |
[10:39] | – Um, yeah, the Bay City Pier. – He works there. | -是啊 |
[10:41] | Guess there’s no such thing as dress codes anymore, huh? | 海湾城码头 |
[10:44] | Mr. Sherman. | -他在那儿工作 我猜学校没有着装要求了吧 |
[10:46] | We appreciate your patience. | Sherman先生 |
[10:48] | You can have your house back now. | 不好意思耽搁你这么长时间 |
[10:50] | Do you have any family? | 现在你可以回去了 |
[10:51] | Is there somebody that you can call? | 你有什么家人吗 |
[10:52] | I’ll be fine. Thank you. | 有什么能打电话的人吗 |
[10:55] | So what happens now? | 我没事 谢谢 |
[10:57] | Well, the D.A. will file a report. | 现在怎么样了 |
[10:59] | And I don’t think you have anything to worry about. | 地区检察官会准备报告 |
[11:01] | The kid broke into your house. | 你没什么可担心的了 那家伙闯进你的家 |
[11:02] | You had every right to defend yourself. | 那家伙闯进你的家 |
[11:05] | I’m not supposed to say this, | 你有权自卫 |
[11:07] | but I would’ve done the same thing. | 我原不该这么说 但换成是我 |
[11:08] | In fact, I would’ve emptied my gun into the creep. | 我也会这么做的 说实话 |
[11:11] | Why didn’t you? | 我会朝着小偷多开几枪 – |
[11:13] | – Why didn’t I what? – Empty your gun. | 为什么你没有呢 – 为什么我没有什么 |
[11:15] | You only fired once. | 多开几枪 你只开了一枪 |
[11:16] | I would think in the heat of the moment… | 我想在那种情况下… |
[11:18] | That’s all I needed… one shot. | 我想在那种情况下… 我只需要那样就够了… |
[11:21] | That’s all he needed. | 一枪 |
[11:25] | I guess that’s it. | 他只需要那样就够了 |
[11:26] | Um… thank you very much, captain. | 我想就这样吧 |
[11:32] | Mr. Monk. | 非常谢谢 |
[11:36] | What do you think? | 队长 |
[11:37] | I think he’s the man. | 你怎么看 |
[11:39] | I don’t think he’s the man. | 我觉得他是无辜的 |
[11:42] | I think he’s the guy. | 我可不觉得他是无辜的 |
[11:48] | Okay, let’s hear it again. From the top. | 我觉得他才是凶手 |
[11:50] | Right. “Husband, Robert Sherman. Owns expensive rug. | 好的 我们再来一遍 |
[11:54] | Intruders’ shoes indicate that he wiped his feet.” | “丈夫 Robert Sherman有一只昂贵的手枪 |
[11:56] | Why would a kid breaking and entering wipe his feet? | 入侵者的鞋表明他曾经擦过鞋底” |
[11:58] | Because he wasn’t breaking and entering. | 为什么一个入室盗窃的小偷要把鞋底擦干净呢 |
[12:00] | They knew each other. It was a setup. | 因为他根本就不是入室盗窃 |
[12:02] | Maybe… | 他们俩是认识的 一切都是计划好的 |
[12:03] | Maybe the kid… the intruder… | 一切都是计划好的 或许… |
[12:05] | was planning on stealing the rug | 或许这个入侵者… |
[12:07] | and he didn’t want to scuff it up. | 打算偷走那块地毯… |
[12:09] | – Thank you. – Any time. | 而且他不想损坏地毯 |
[12:13] | Maybe he was planning on stealing the rug. | -谢谢 -随时效劳 |
[12:15] | All right, how about this one? | 或许他打算偷走那块地毯 |
[12:17] | The phone in the bedroom was unplugged. | 好的 那这个呢 |
[12:18] | That doesn’t mean anything. | 卧室的电话线被拔掉了 |
[12:20] | I unplug my phone all the time… | 这说明不了什么 |
[12:22] | If I want to sleep late or if I’m working. | 我也会拔掉我的电话线… |
[12:24] | She’s right. Doesn’t mean anything. | 我晚睡的时候 或者工作的时候 |
[12:26] | Well, here’s another one. The wife’s slippers. | 她说得没错 这说明不了什么 |
[12:28] | The husband said she was cold. That’s why she went downstairs. | 还有一样 妻子的拖鞋 |
[12:31] | Why wouldn’t she put on her slippers? | 据丈夫说 她觉得冷 |
[12:39] | She wasn’t really cold. | 所以她才下楼 她为什么不穿拖鞋呢 |
[12:41] | She was just saying she was cold. | 她其实并没有觉得冷 |
[12:43] | She went downstairs to get a bite | 她只是嘴上说很冷 |
[12:45] | of that chocolate cake in the refrigerator. | 她下楼其实是想吃点东西 |
[12:47] | What chocolate cake? Who are you? | 或许就是冰箱里的一块巧克力蛋糕 |
[12:49] | This is Rita Depask, aka the Lovely Rita. | 什么巧克力蛋糕 你是谁 |
[12:52] | She’s a material witness in a knife fight downtown. | 她是Rita Depask |
[12:55] | Alleged knife fight. Alleged. | 也叫可爱Rita 她是一起刺刀斗殴案的重要目击证人 |
[12:57] | I love that word. | 未被证实的刺刀斗殴案 未被证实 |
[12:59] | The Lovely Rita has a point, | 我喜欢这个词 |
[13:02] | amazingly enough. | 可爱Rita的观点 |
[13:04] | Any hotshot lawyer could explain away that entire notebook. | 相当令人惊讶 |
[13:07] | That’s true, that’s true. | 随便一个像样的律师都能把这事解释得头头是道 |
[13:08] | But if you add it all up, if you look at the big picture. | 的确如此 的确如此 但如果你把所有线索串起来 |
[13:12] | I mean, it’s plain as day. | 如果你观察整件事 |
[13:14] | He’s the guy. | 我是说 显而易见 |
[13:15] | Was the wife insured? | 他就是凶手 |
[13:17] | No. | – 妻子投保了吗 – 没有 |
[13:18] | So where’s your motive? | – 妻子投保了吗 – 没有 |
[13:19] | Wake up! | 那你认为杀人动机是什么 |
[13:23] | You got two people living under the same roof. | 醒醒吧 |
[13:26] | One of them wants the other one dead. | 想想两个人同处一个屋檐下 |
[13:28] | Believe me, I know. | 一个人想另一个人去死 |
[13:31] | Yeah, he didn’t love her. | 相信我 我了解这样的感觉 |
[13:34] | I was there when the M.E. wheeled out the wife. | 是的 |
[13:37] | All he was thinking about was the rug. | 他并不爱她 法医把他妻子抬出去的时候我就在那儿 |
[13:39] | You’re cute. | 可他所关心的只有那块地毯 |
[13:41] | No, I’m not. | 你真聪明 |
[13:43] | You ever unbutton that top button? | 不 我可不聪明 |
[13:44] | Nah, not… no. | 最顶上那颗扣子你有解开过吗 |
[13:45] | There is one problem with your theory. | 没 没 |
[13:48] | They never met. | 但你的推论里有个问题 |
[13:49] | We checked their records. | 他们互不相识 |
[13:51] | The bank records, their phone records. | 我们查过他们的档案 |
[13:52] | We talked to their friends. | 银行记录 通话记录 |
[13:53] | There is no connection | 找他们的朋友谈过 |
[13:55] | between Rob Sherman and Dewey Jordan. | Rob Sherman和Dewey |
[13:57] | I know I’ve seen them together. | Jordan之间 完全没有任何联系 |
[13:59] | Where? | 我知道我见过他们在一起 |
[14:00] | I don’t know where! Somewhere. | 在哪儿 |
[14:02] | It’s driving me crazy. | 我不知道在哪儿 反正就在某个地方 |
[14:03] | Well, they lived in different worlds. | 我快疯了 |
[14:06] | Here’s Dewey Jordan’s rap sheet. | 他们是两个世界的人 |
[14:08] | 19 arrests, 12 convictions, | 这些是Dewey Jordan的犯罪记录 |
[14:10] | bad checks, drugs, couple of burglaries. | 19次被捕 12次被判罪 |
[14:13] | And in sharp contrast, | 虚开支票 吸毒 几起盗窃案 |
[14:15] | here is Mr. Sherman’s jacket. | 而截然相反 |
[14:19] | One arrest. | 这是Sherman的资料 |
[14:21] | One in his entire life. | 一次被捕 |
[14:24] | Driving with a suspended license. | 生命中只有一次而已 |
[14:35] | Wait, wait, wait… | 驾照吊销期间开车 |
[14:38] | There is a connection. | 等等 等等 等等… |
[14:39] | Hey, we did it! You’ll mention this to the D.A., right? | 有一处联系 |
[14:49] | Oh, Gosh. I have a Spanish test. But, you know what, I studied a lot. I’ll be fine. | 嘿 |
[14:53] | I’ll be fine. Okay. | 我们找到了 |
[14:55] | Lisa, I’m so nervous. | 你会向地区检察官提起这事 |
[14:57] | Oh, my God! It’s Clay Bridges. | 对吗 |
[14:59] | Like he even knows who we are. | 天啊 那是Clay Bridges |
[15:01] | Julie, he’s so cute! | 好像他认识我们 |
[15:03] | Is he looking at us? | 他真帅 |
[15:04] | Oh, my God. | 他在看我们吗 |
[15:05] | What’s he doing? | 天啊 |
[15:06] | He’s coming over here. | 天啊 |
[15:09] | You’re Julie Teeger, right? | 他在干嘛 他过来了 |
[15:10] | I’m Lisa. | 你就是Julie Teeger 对吗 |
[15:12] | Hi. | 我是Lisa |
[15:13] | I’ve seen you around. | 嘿 |
[15:15] | You have? | 嘿 我见过你 |
[15:16] | Yeah. I’m Clay. | 你见过我? |
[15:17] | Oh, we know… you had a great game last Saturday. | 你见过我? 是的 |
[15:20] | Thanks. | 我是Clay 我们知道…你上周六的比赛表现真是棒极了 |
[15:22] | You’re in honors Spanish, right? | 谢谢 |
[15:23] | I’m taking Spanish One and I just… | 你西班牙课的成绩很好 对吗 |
[15:26] | I can’t seem to get it. | 我在学初级西班牙语 我… |
[15:27] | You know, some sort of mental block or something. | 我好像不太会 |
[15:29] | I was thinking, um, maybe you could tutor me? | 你知道的 |
[15:33] | Um, well, actually, I’m getting a B. | 有些琢磨不明白的地方… 我想…你愿意辅导辅导我吗 |
[15:34] | But I could recommend somebody… | 实际上 我的得分也只是B而已 |
[15:36] | Oh, no, no… I’m asking you. | 不过我可以推荐其他人… 不 |
[15:40] | Yes or no? | 不 我是在问你… |
[15:41] | Moment of truth. | 愿不愿意? |
[15:43] | Um… | 我好紧张啊 |
[15:45] | Okay. Sure. | 好的 |
[15:47] | Cool. All right. | 没问题 |
[15:50] | Hang on. | 好的 |
[15:52] | Who is that? | 等等 |
[15:53] | Oh, um, my boyfriend… Tim Sussman. | 那是谁 |
[15:55] | Yeah, I know him. | 我的男朋友 Tim Sussman |
[15:56] | He’s, uh, he’s in the band or something. | 是啊 我认识他 |
[15:57] | The swim team. | 他好像是在乐队还是什么地方 |
[16:00] | I don’t remember him. | 游泳队 |
[16:01] | He’s a diver. | 我不记得了 |
[16:02] | Coach doesn’t really use him very much. | 他是个跳水选手 |
[16:05] | Towel boy, huh? | 可教练并不太看重他 |
[16:20] | This doesn’t feel right. Meeting him here. | 裹着毛巾的失意男啊 |
[16:23] | What choice did we have? | 感觉可不怎么好啊 在这儿见面 |
[16:26] | He wouldn’t see me at his office, | 我们还有什么选择吗 |
[16:27] | and he’s not returning my phone calls. | 他不会在办公室见我们的 |
[16:29] | Yeah, I know, but this is his wife. | 也不回我电话 |
[16:31] | Who he killed in cold blood. | 这我知道 但这可是他的妻子啊 |
[16:33] | Don’t forget that. | 而却被他无情地杀死了 |
[16:37] | Gosh. I remember when Mitch’s father was cremated. | 这你可别忘了 |
[16:40] | We went to Carolina | 天啊 我想起了Mitch的父亲被火化的情景 |
[16:43] | and spread his ashes on the beach. | 我们去了Carolina州 |
[16:48] | I’m gonna be buried next to Trudy. | 把他的骨灰洒在海滩上 |
[16:51] | I can’t wait. | 我要和Trudy葬在一起 |
[16:53] | I’m really missing Mitch lately. | 我都等不及了 |
[16:56] | – Mm-hmm. – You know? | 我最近真的很想念Mitch |
[16:57] | He would know what to do with Julie. | 你知道吗 |
[16:59] | Uh-huh. | 他最清楚该怎样处理Julie的事 |
[17:00] | She started tutoring this older kid in Spanish. This senior… a big football star. | 她辅导一个比她大的孩子学西班牙语 |
[17:06] | Right. | 一个高年级的…有名的足球明星 |
[17:07] | Just yesterday she was crawling around in diapers. | 很好 |
[17:09] | And today I’m worried about | 可似乎昨天她还没扔掉尿布 |
[17:10] | some 17-year-old quarterback named Clay. | 而今天我却在担心一个叫Clay的17岁的四分卫 |
[17:14] | Right. | |
[17:15] | What did you do? | 很好 |
[17:17] | Oh… skinny, fat, skinny, fat, skinny… | 很好 你在做什么 小的 |
[17:19] | Believe me; This is the way they would’ve wanted it. | 大的 小的 大的 小的… |
[17:22] | Yeah, but Mr. Monk… No, what are you doing? | 相信我 他们不想让我们这样做 |
[17:23] | The name tags are all mixed up. | 是的 但是Monk先生… 不 你在做什么 标签都弄混了 |
[17:25] | Yeah, I know, but… | 不 你在做什么 标签都弄混了 |
[17:26] | No, I know that this one went over here. | 是的 我知道 但是… |
[17:28] | – No, this is her. – This one. | 不 我知道这张是放那儿的 |
[17:29] | – All right, I got it. – No, I got it… oh! | – 不 这才是她的 -这张 |
[17:34] | That’s not good. | 是的 我找到了 不 是我这张 |
[17:35] | Oh, my God. | 糟糕了 |
[17:37] | I got it. | 我找到了 – |
[17:46] | – What are you doing? – Separating them. | 你在做什么 |
[17:48] | What, you could tell? | – 把他们分开 |
[17:49] | I can tell… | – 什么 你能分得清楚吗 – 我能分清… |
[17:51] | more or less. | – 什么 你能分得清楚吗 – 我能分清… |
[17:52] | Just don’t sneeze. | 大体上 |
[17:55] | Somebody’s coming. | 别打喷嚏就好 |
[18:02] | What are you doing? | 有人来了 |
[18:04] | It’s uneven. | – 你在干嘛 – 分得不太平均 |
[18:05] | Mr. Monk, those are people! | – 你在干嘛 – 分得不太平均 |
[18:06] | Maybe they weren’t the same size. | Monk 这些可都是人的骨灰啊 |
[18:08] | Well, they are now. | 或许他们原本的身材大小就不一样 |
[18:26] | – Mr. Monk. – Hello. | 现在他们一样了 |
[18:28] | Hello again. | Monk先生 – 你好 – 你好 |
[18:29] | What are you doing here? | – 你好 – 你好 |
[18:31] | Are you family? | 你们在这儿做什么 是死者家属吗 |
[18:32] | Um… | 你们在这儿做什么 |
[18:33] | No, we are, uh… we’re with the police. | 是死者家属吗 |
[18:36] | Mr. Sherman, I’m sorry about this. | 不 我们…我们和警察是一起的 |
[18:38] | I’ve been trying to call you all day. | Sherman先生 我很抱歉 |
[18:40] | Yeah, so I’ve heard. | 我一天都在打你的电话 |
[18:41] | You got a problem with me, Mr. Monk? | 我一天都在打你的电话 是啊 我听见了 你对我有什么问题吗 |
[18:42] | No, no, no… just a couple of questions. | 是啊 我听见了 你对我有什么问题吗 |
[18:44] | – Part of the investigation. – What investigation? | 没有 没有 没有… 只是几个问题 调查的一部分而已 |
[18:46] | I spoke with the district attorney. | 什么样的问题 |
[18:47] | He said the case was closed. | 我已经和地区检察官谈过了 |
[18:49] | What happened here? | 他说这案子已经结案了 |
[18:50] | – Uh… – The wind. | 这儿怎么了 |
[18:52] | – Just a draft. – Like a tunnel. | 有风 |
[18:54] | Table’s a little wobbly. | – 只是一些气流 – 就像在隧道里 |
[18:55] | You might want to put a matchbook… | 桌子有点不稳 |
[18:56] | But we cleaned it up. | 可能要垫点火柴盒或其他什么东西 不过我们都清理干净了 |
[18:57] | – A draft? – It’s no problem. | 可能要垫点火柴盒或其他什么东西 不过我们都清理干净了 |
[19:00] | You… you… uh… | – 气流? – 没什么大问题 |
[19:01] | You told the police | 你 你 |
[19:03] | that you didn’t know Dewey Jordan, the man you killed. | 你对警察说… |
[19:05] | – You said you never met him. – That’s right. | 你不认识Dewey Jordan 你杀死的那个人 |
[19:08] | But you were in traffic court four weeks ago, | – 你说你从没见过他 |
[19:10] | August 14th, 8:00 a.m, | – 是的 但是你在四周前上过交通法庭 |
[19:12] | the Vinton Street courthouse. | 8月14号 |
[19:16] | And this is Dewey’s rap sheet. | 早上8点 |
[19:18] | He was at a bail reduction hearing. | 就在Vinton大街上的法院里 |
[19:21] | Same courthouse. | 这是Dewey的犯罪记录 他正在减少保证金的审讯中 |
[19:23] | Same day, 8:00 a.m. | 就在同一家法院 |
[19:26] | Is that where you met him? | 同一天 |
[19:30] | Mr. Sherman. | 都是早上8点 你就是在那儿见到他的吧 |
[19:31] | Is there a problem? | Sherman先生 |
[19:33] | No… no, there’s no problem. | 有什么问题吗 |
[19:35] | No problem at all. | 没有 没有 完全没有问题 |
[19:36] | This is my, uh, secretary, Allison Clark. | 这是我的秘书 |
[19:38] | Allison Clark Well, you’re right, Mr. Monk. | |
[19:40] | It appears that Mr. Jordan and I were in the same building. | 你说得没错 |
[19:44] | On the same day | Monk先生 正好我和Jordan先生在同一座大楼里 |
[19:46] | a few weeks before he was shot. | 就在同一天 |
[19:48] | And I don’t believe in coincidence. | 在他被杀的几周前 |
[19:50] | No, neither do I. | 我相信这不是什么巧合吧 |
[19:52] | Maybe that’s where he saw me. | 我也不相信 |
[19:54] | Excuse me. | 或许他就在那儿看见了我 |
[19:55] | Maybe he saw me pull up in my BMW. | 抱歉 什么意思 |
[19:57] | Wearing this suit and this $5,000 rolex watch | 或许他看到了我的宝马车 |
[20:01] | and that’s where he decided to try and rob me. | 穿着这套西服 |
[20:04] | Now, that’s possible. | 手腕上还有只5000美元的劳力士 所以他就打定主意想抢劫我吧 |
[20:06] | Isn’t it? | 这完全有可能 |
[20:13] | I’m sorry; I couldn’t hear you. | 不是吗 |
[20:15] | Yes, it’s possible. | 对不起 我没听见 |
[20:17] | Uh, we have to go. | 是的 |
[20:23] | Is that her? | 有可能 |
[20:27] | Mostly… her. | 我们该走了 |
[20:30] | Anything else, Mr. Monk? | 那是她吗 |
[20:33] | I didn’t think so. | 基本上…是她 |
[20:45] | Me gu… | 还有什么事吗 |
[20:47] | Me gusta mi hermano. | Monk先生 |
[20:50] | No, mi hermana, remember? | 我想没什么事了吧 |
[20:52] | Feminine words end in “a.” | 不是 MI HERMANA 记住了吗 |
[20:54] | It’s easy. | 阴性词是以A结尾 |
[20:55] | No… screen passes are easy. | 这很简单 |
[20:57] | This is hard. | 不 |
[20:59] | Okay, and masculine words end in “o.” | 球场得分简单 这个难得要命 |
[21:01] | Like mi amigo. | 好的 阳性词是以O结尾的 |
[21:05] | I hope so. | 比如MI AMIGO(西班牙语: 朋友) |
[21:07] | I was actually hoping we could be more than amigos. | 我希望如此 我真的希望… |
[21:13] | Honey, it’s 10:30. | 我们不只是AMIGOS(西班牙语: 朋友) |
[21:14] | Didn’t you say you wanted to get to bed early? | 宝贝 |
[21:16] | No… no, I didn’t. | 10点30了 你不是说过你想早点睡觉吗 |
[21:18] | Well, it’s probably a good idea. | 不 不 我没说过 |
[21:20] | You have a big day tomorrow. | 这个主意蛮好的 |
[21:21] | Clay, see you manana. | 明天还有事呢 |
[21:24] | – What? – “Tomorrow.” | Clay MANANA再见 |
[21:28] | I guess that’s my cue. | – 什么意思 |
[21:30] | I’ll see you around. | -“明天” 我猜这是送客的话吧 |
[21:33] | Hey, you’ve got study hall second period, right? | 再见 |
[21:36] | Yeah, how’d you know that? | 嘿 你第二课是自习时间吧 |
[21:38] | Well, quarterback has to see the whole field. | 是啊 |
[21:56] | It’s me. I just left her. | 你怎么知道的 做四分卫当然得对整个形势了如指掌 |
[21:58] | It’s only 10:30. | 是我 我刚刚离开她家 |
[22:00] | Her mom kicked me out, but don’t worry. | 才10点30嘛 |
[22:01] | It’s going fine. | 她妈妈把我踢出来了 不过别担心 |
[22:03] | She’s hooked. I can tell. | 不过别担心 |
[22:04] | I just gotta reel her in. | 看得出来她已经上钩了 |
[22:06] | Well, reel her in quick. | 我就坐等着收线吧 |
[22:11] | Did he ask her out? | 尽快收线 把她拿下 |
[22:12] | Not yet. Maybe tomorrow. | – 他约她出来了吗 |
[22:15] | Relax. She likes him. | – 还没呢 或许明天吧 |
[22:17] | It’s gonna happen. | 放松 她喜欢他 |
[22:19] | Just like you planned. | 一切尽在你的掌握之中 |
[22:30] | I’m not saying no. | |
[22:31] | I’m just saying that I need to think about it. | 我没说不行 |
[22:33] | So, um… when did he ask you? | 我只是说我要考虑考虑 |
[22:36] | Just now. Like, ten minutes ago. | 他什么时候问的你 |
[22:38] | I didn’t hear the phone ring. | 就现在 10分钟前 |
[22:40] | It’s called a text message. | 我可没听见电话响啊 |
[22:42] | Welcome to the 21st century, Mom. | 那是传说中的短信 |
[22:44] | It’s just one party. It’s no big deal. | 欢迎来到21世纪 妈妈 |
[22:46] | Okay, then how would you get there. | 就只是个聚会 没什么大不了的 |
[22:49] | He would drive me. | 好吧 那你怎么去呢 |
[22:50] | Clay is, like, the most popular guy in school, | 他开车载我去 |
[22:52] | and he really likes me. | Clay在学校很受欢迎 |
[22:54] | And if you don’t let me go, | 他真的很喜欢我 |
[22:56] | then I’m never gonna talk to you again. | 如果你不让我去 |
[22:57] | Sweetie, what are you doing? | 我一辈子都不会和你说话了 |
[22:59] | This is stuff Tim gave me. | 宝贝 你在干嘛 |
[23:01] | I’m getting rid of it. | Tim给我的没用的东西 |
[23:04] | – You’re breaking up? – We already did. | 扔掉算了 |
[23:06] | – When? – Just now! | 你们分手了吗 什么时候的事 |
[23:07] | I don’t believe it. | -就现在 -我可不信 |
[23:08] | You don’t, huh? Well, keep watching. | -就现在 -我可不信 |
[23:10] | Why? Tim was so great. | 你不相信? 那你就瞧着吧 |
[23:11] | Of course you liked him. | 为什么 Tim是个好孩子啊 |
[23:12] | Mothers love Tim. | 当然了 你喜欢Tim |
[23:14] | He’s… he’s safe and he’s polite… | 妈妈们都喜欢Tim那样的 |
[23:16] | And smart, and he’s cute, and he’s on the swim team. | 他…他稳重 可靠 彬彬有礼 |
[23:18] | Great! Why don’t you date him? | 聪明伶俐 还是游泳队的 |
[23:20] | Wait… Wait… Julie, what are you doing? | 很好 那你怎么不和他约会呢 |
[23:22] | Don’t… Don’t do that. | 等等…Julie 你在做什么 |
[23:23] | Come on, let’s just talk about this. | 等等…Julie 你在做什么 别…别这样 |
[23:25] | – It’s my life, Mom. – Yeah, I know it is, honey. | 我们好好谈谈 |
[23:26] | Well, you don’t act like it. | 我有我的生活 妈妈 是的 我知道 宝贝 |
[23:28] | And just remember, | 用不着这副模样了 |
[23:29] | in four and a half months, I’m gonna be 16! | 记住 |
[23:34] | What does that mean? | 4个半月后 |
[23:57] | How long did he live here? | 我就16了 那又意味什么 |
[23:58] | Ten months. | 他在这儿住了多久 |
[24:00] | I should’ve known he was gonna be trouble. | 10个月 |
[24:02] | Always late with the rent. Always coming and going. | 我早知道他会出事 |
[24:06] | I mean, is it true what they’re saying? | 总是拖欠房租 总是来去匆匆 |
[24:07] | He broke in and killed the guy’s wife? | 我是说 |
[24:11] | I don’t know. | 他们说的都是真的吗 他闯进别人家 |
[24:13] | I don’t think so. | 还杀了女主人? 我不知道 |
[24:15] | She’ll be 16. Four and a half months. | 我不认为如此 |
[24:18] | Natalie, stop torturing yourself. | 她快满16了 4个半月以后 |
[24:20] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 别再自我折磨了 |
[24:22] | – You think so? – Of course. | 这解决不了问题 |
[24:24] | She’s looking forward to her birthday. | – 你这么想? – 当然 |
[24:26] | It’s no big deal. | 她盼望着生日 |
[24:27] | – This is your daughter? – Yeah. | 这又不是什么大事 – |
[24:37] | What is it? | 这是你的女儿? – 是的 |
[24:40] | This air vent… it’s rusty. | 那是什么 |
[24:43] | So? | 这个排气孔…生锈了 |
[24:44] | The screws are brand new. | 那又怎么样 |
[24:46] | Do you have a screwdriver? | 但螺丝却是新的 |
[24:50] | Mr. Monk, I just don’t think you’re getting it. | 有起子吗 |
[24:52] | He’s a senior. He’s like an adult. | Monk先生 我觉得你还是不了解情况 |
[24:54] | Uh-huh. | 他是高年级的 |
[24:55] | He invited her to a party on Saturday night. | 行为举止就像个成年人 |
[24:57] | There will be college kids there. | 他邀请她参加周六的一个聚会 |
[24:58] | She’ll be fine. | 聚会上都是些大学生 |
[25:00] | There’ll be a lot of other people around, right? | 她没事的 |
[25:02] | No, I’m not worried about the party. | 聚会上还是有其他人的 不是吗 |
[25:03] | I’m worried about after the party. | 不 我担心的不是聚会 |
[25:05] | Oh, God, Mitch. | 我担心的是聚会以后发生的事 |
[25:07] | I miss you. | 天啊 |
[25:10] | Mr. Monk? | Mitch 我想你 |
[25:12] | – Huh? – Will you talk to her? | Monk先生? |
[25:14] | Me? | 你可以找她谈谈吗 |
[25:15] | Please, I don’t know who else to ask. | – 我 |
[25:17] | There’s no man in her life. | – 拜托 我实在想不出其他人了 |
[25:19] | What about him? | 她的生活里没有其他男人 |
[25:21] | Who, Mr. Morrissey? | 他怎么样 |
[25:23] | Kids respect landlords. | 谁 Morrissey先生? |
[25:25] | I think it’s the keys. | 孩子们都很尊敬房东 |
[25:34] | What is it? | 找到答案了 |
[25:36] | It’s a .22. | 是什么 |
[25:39] | Why didn’t he bring this gun? | 一把22手枪 |
[25:42] | So he had another gun. | 他为什么没拿这把枪 |
[25:44] | But there’s no ammo for a .38 caliber in here. | 原来他有两把枪 |
[25:48] | It’s all for this gun. | 但这儿没有38口径手枪的子弹 |
[25:51] | I don’t think he had another gun. | 这儿都是这把枪的子弹 |
[25:53] | Mr. Monk, please. | 我想他没有两把枪 |
[25:55] | This is important to me. | Monk先生 |
[25:56] | Julie loves you. | 拜托了 这对我很重要 |
[25:57] | You’re like family… You know that. | Julie喜欢你 你也很喜欢家庭… |
[25:59] | Natalie… Just… I-I-can’t… I just can’t. | 你知道该怎么办 |
[26:01] | Why don’t you ask the captain or anybody else. | 不 |
[26:05] | When it comes to this particular issue, | 我不行…不行 |
[26:08] | I-I-I’m probably the least qualified person in North America. | 你可以问问队长或其他人 |
[26:12] | That’s what makes you perfect. | 遇到这种事… 我…我可能是北美最没资格的人 |
[26:14] | You waited for Trudy. | 这样才显得你完美 |
[26:15] | You were faithful. You respected her. | 你一直等着Trudy 忠贞不渝 |
[26:18] | You’re a wonderful role model. | 你对她无比尊重 |
[26:19] | Huh? | 是个好榜样 |
[26:20] | In this particular case. | 在这件事上 |
[26:23] | Why don’t you just give it a few weeks? | |
[26:25] | See how it goes. | 为什么你不先等等 过几个周再说 |
[26:27] | I always find doing nothing | 看看事情如何发展 |
[26:29] | and never mentioning it again | 我始终觉得静观其变 |
[26:31] | is always the best policy. | 缄口不提往往才是上策 |
[26:32] | Mr. Monk, two weeks will be too late. | Monk先生 |
[26:35] | Please, please talk to her. | 两周太迟了 |
[26:38] | It’s my daughter. | 拜托了 和她谈谈吧 |
[26:40] | My little girl. | 她是我的女儿 |
[26:55] | Mr. Monk, are you still here? | 我的宝贝女儿啊 |
[26:57] | Yeah, I just, uh… | Monk先生 你还在这儿? |
[26:59] | Um, do you have a minute? | 是的 我只是… |
[27:01] | – Sure. | |
[27:03] | Great, um, Julie, your mother… | 你有时间吗 – |
[27:07] | is, uh, very worried about you. | 当然有 Julie |
[27:15] | What’s going on? | 你妈妈… 她非常担心你 |
[27:16] | She wanted me to talk to you about… | 怎么了 |
[27:19] | certain things about life. | 她想让我和你谈谈… |
[27:22] | And, uh… and things… | 关于生活中的一些事 |
[27:24] | Shh, she’s right outside. She thought it might be helpful | 事情… |
[27:32] | if you had someone you could talk to. | 她觉得如果你有倾诉的对象… |
[27:35] | I’m supposed to be giving you the big talk. | 会对你有所帮助 |
[27:38] | Why? | 我来是要和你好好谈谈 |
[27:39] | Because you’re dating an older boy. | 为什么 |
[27:41] | No, I mean why you? | 因为你和一个比你大的男孩约会 |
[27:43] | That’s what I said. | 不 我是说 为什么是你来跟我谈 |
[27:44] | See, Julie, the years between 14 and 32 | 我也这样问 听着 |
[27:50] | are a very confusing time | Julie 对一个年轻姑娘而言… |
[27:52] | for a young girl. | 14至32岁这段时期是段非常混淆的时期 |
[27:54] | I really appreciate this. | |
[27:55] | It’ll just be a couple more minutes, I promise. | 我完全理解 |
[27:59] | You know, you’re body’s changing. | 再花几分钟的时间就行了 |
[28:02] | You’re gonna start feeling things… new things. | 好吗 你知道你的身体在变化 |
[28:05] | And you’re gonna wonder how to act and what to do. | 你开始体会各种事情…不同的全新的事情 |
[28:11] | It might be best just to wait… | 你会困惑 究竟该怎么办 |
[28:14] | until you meet the right person. | 该做些什么 或许最好的办法就是静静等待… |
[28:17] | Or you don’t have to do anything, right? | 直到你遇见你的真命天子 |
[28:20] | Until… Until you’re sure. | 或者你什么都不用做 明白吗 |
[28:25] | You have any questions? No? | 直到…直到你心里笃定了 |
[28:28] | Great, well, I’m-I’m-I’m glad we had this little talk. | 你有什么问题吗 没有? |
[28:31] | I can tell that it’s been very helpful to you. | 很好 |
[28:36] | We certainly had a positive, | 我…我…我很高兴和你的这次小小谈话 看得出来对你很有帮助 |
[28:39] | very, very productive talk. | 我们这次谈话很积极 |
[28:42] | This is the end of the talk. | 效果也相当 |
[28:45] | Wait, Mr. Monk. | 相当的棒 谈话结束 |
[28:47] | How do you know if… | 等等 |
[28:49] | what you’re feeling is real? | Monk先生 |
[28:50] | What are you doing? | 怎样才能知道 你的感觉是真真切切的呢 |
[28:52] | No, I’m serious. | 你在说什么 |
[28:54] | – When you met Trudy… – Shh. | 不 我是认真的 |
[28:56] | How did you know? | 当你遇见Trudy时… |
[28:57] | – Julie, shh, listen. This is not real. | |
[28:59] | I’m not really here, okay? | 你是怎么知道自己的感觉的呢 – |
[29:02] | This is just for your mother. | 我可没当真 |
[29:05] | Don’t… No, no, no… | 好吗 我这次来不是当真的 |
[29:07] | Don’t cry. You can’t cry. | 只是为了你妈妈才来的 |
[29:10] | I can’t leave if you’re crying. | 别哭 你不能哭 |
[29:12] | What you’re feeling is perfectly normal. | 你要是哭的话 我就走不了了 |
[29:14] | What you’re feeling is probably normal. | 你的感觉是正常的 |
[29:18] | It’s just… How did you know? | 只是…你怎么知道呢 |
[29:25] | Okay, look… | 好的 |
[29:32] | I used to wonder the same thing. | 听着… |
[29:36] | When I met Trudy, | 我以前也因为相同的事困惑过 |
[29:38] | I said, “Now I see. | 我遇见Trudy的时候 |
[29:42] | Now I see why I’m here.” | 我对自己说 |
[29:46] | Was it wonderful? | “现在我终于明白我在这世上的原因了” |
[29:47] | Yeah. | – 这种感觉妙不可言吗 – 是的 |
[29:48] | I loved falling in love with her. | – 这种感觉妙不可言吗 |
[29:51] | Every day, every morning, | – 是的 我爱上喜欢她的感觉 |
[29:53] | I fell in love with her again. | 每一天 |
[29:57] | I think what your mother has been trying to say | 每一个早晨 |
[30:01] | is just don’t worry. | 我感觉每天都重新爱上了她 我猜你妈妈想要说的是 |
[30:03] | All your dreams will come true. | 不用担心 |
[30:08] | They don’t have to come true this weekend. | 你的所有梦想统统都会实现 |
[30:12] | Right? | 不需要在这个周末就实现 |
[30:14] | You can take your time. | 对吗 |
[30:16] | You can wait. | 你的路还长着呢 |
[30:18] | Until I find Trudy. | – 你可以慢慢等待 |
[30:20] | Just wait for Trudy. | – 直到我找到了Trudy |
[30:22] | Believe in Trudy. | 只为Trudy而等待 |
[30:24] | Trudy will come. | 相信Trudy |
[30:27] | Now stop crying… and let me out of here. | Trudy总有一天会降临的 |
[30:39] | Captain. | 别哭了 我才能走出去 |
[30:41] | Make yourself at home, Randy. | 队长 |
[30:43] | Door was open. | 你还真当在自己家啊 Rnady |
[30:45] | Uh-huh. What’s going on? | 门是开着的 |
[30:46] | I think Monk was right. | 怎么了 |
[30:47] | It looks like Rob Sherman and Dewey Jordan | 我想Monk的猜测是对的 |
[30:49] | did meet at the courthouse. | 看起来Rob Sherman和Dewey |
[30:51] | This is the security camera from the main lobby, | Jordan 的确在法院里见过 |
[30:52] | August 14th, 8:00 a.m. | 这是大厅的监控摄像头拍到的 |
[30:55] | I can’t see anything. | 时间是8月14号 早上8点 |
[30:58] | This is Rob Sherman; That’s Dewey Jordan. | 看不出什么名堂 这是Rob |
[31:01] | Where? | Sherman 这是Dewey Jordan |
[31:02] | Right there. | – 在哪儿 – 就那儿 |
[31:04] | Here. | – 在哪儿 – 就那儿 |
[31:05] | Here and there. | 这儿 |
[31:08] | Randy, they’re two blurs. | 这儿和那儿 |
[31:09] | Even for blurs, they’re blurry. | Randy 那儿就两个黑点 |
[31:11] | Can you make it bigger? | 根本看不清楚 |
[31:12] | It’s already enhanced. | – 你能放大一些吗 |
[31:14] | Well, that could be anybody. | – 已经放大了 |
[31:16] | That could be Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. | 那有可能是任何人 |
[31:18] | But they’re both dead. | 可能是Fred Astaire和Ginger Rogers (好莱坞最伟大的舞蹈搭档) |
[31:20] | Ginger Rogers is not dead. | 但他俩已经死了 |
[31:21] | Yeah, I’m pretty sure she is dead. | Ginger Rogers是永恒的 |
[31:23] | I’m sorry. | 我很肯定她已经死了 |
[31:24] | Even if she wasn’t, | 抱歉 |
[31:25] | what would Fred and Ginger be doing in the courthouse? | 抱歉 就算她没死 |
[31:27] | I’m not saying it is Fred and Ginger; | Fred和Ginger又怎么可能出现在法院里呢 |
[31:28] | I’m just saying that you can’t tell | 我没说那真的是Fred和Ginger |
[31:30] | who or what they are. | 我只是说你根本就分辨不出来他们到底是谁 |
[31:32] | Yeah, look… Right… | 看看… |
[31:37] | there. | 就是这儿 |
[31:39] | See? | |
[31:40] | He comes in, they shake hands. | 看到了没 |
[31:44] | That is definitely Rob Sherman. | 他走进来 他们握手 |
[31:47] | Is that a permanent marker? | 那个人绝对是Rob |
[31:50] | No, it’ll come off. | Sherman 那是不掉色的油性笔吗 |
[31:56] | I don’t think so. | 不 |
[32:10] | Have you seen the new screens? | 能擦掉的 我看不是吧 |
[32:12] | Pretty beautiful. | 你看到新的电视了吗 |
[32:14] | Flat. | 真的很棒 |
[32:16] | You’re worse than Monk. | 纯平的 |
[32:25] | Well, I just wanted to thank you again. | 你比Monk还糟糕 |
[32:27] | Oh, I’m glad I could help. | 我只是想再谢谢你 |
[32:29] | Be careful, I don’t want them to get wrinkled. | 很高兴我能帮上忙 |
[32:31] | Oh, sorry. | 小心 我可不想把它们弄皱了 |
[32:33] | Well, Julie told me about | 对不起 |
[32:35] | how you talked about Trudy | Juiledou都跟我说了 |
[32:37] | and how you met. | 你说的Trudy那些事 |
[32:39] | She just said it was really, really sweet. | 你们的相遇 |
[32:41] | So, thank you. | 她只是说这都是真实的 很美好的 |
[32:43] | What? What is it? | 谢谢你 |
[32:44] | Oh, my God, it’s Clay! | 怎么了 |
[32:46] | Is that Julie? | 那是Clay |
[32:49] | What did you say to her? | 那个是Julie吗 |
[32:55] | Excuse me. | 你都跟她说了些什么 |
[32:57] | Ms. Teeger. | 打扰一下 |
[33:00] | Sorry… does Julie know about this? | Teeger夫人 |
[33:03] | Who’s Julie? | 对不起…Julie知道这事吗 |
[33:05] | This is not what you think. | Julie是谁 |
[33:06] | Or what you think. | 事情不是你想的那样 |
[33:09] | Somebody hired me to go out with her daughter. | 也不是你想的那样 |
[33:12] | You said get a job! | 有人雇我追她女儿 |
[33:13] | Somebody hired you? | 你说找份工作 |
[33:15] | Your sister, Karen. | 有人雇你? |
[33:17] | Aunt Karen? | 你的妹妹 |
[33:19] | She said she didn’t like Julie’s boyfriend | Karen Karen阿姨 |
[33:21] | so she paid me $500 to break them up. | 她说她不喜欢Julie的男朋友 |
[33:23] | Clay, I don’t have a sister. | 所以她给了我500块让我横插一脚 |
[33:25] | No, no, no, it’s true. I can prove it. | Clay 我根本就没什么妹妹 |
[33:26] | I still got the money. | 不 不 不 我说的是真的 我有证据 |
[33:27] | Most of it. | 钱都还在 |
[33:29] | Excuse me. | 大部分都在这儿 |
[33:31] | Can I see that? | 抱歉 |
[33:32] | Careful. | 我能看看吗 小心点 |
[33:40] | This woman, this Aunt Karen… what did she look like? | 这个女人 Karen阿姨 |
[33:43] | Uh, pretty, long dark hair. | 她长什么样 |
[33:46] | With glasses? | 很漂亮 黑色长发 |
[33:47] | How’d you know? | 戴眼睛吗 |
[33:49] | Natalie… | 你怎么知道 |
[33:51] | I know what’s going on. | |
[33:52] | Julie, the murder… It’s all connected. | 我知道是怎么回事了 Julie |
[34:07] | Is this it? | 凶手 全都联系起来了 |
[34:09] | The Bay City Pier. | 就是这儿 |
[34:10] | Who are all these people? | 海湾城码头 |
[34:12] | I don’t know, Mr. Monk. | 这些人都是些什么人啊 |
[34:16] | Who’s he? | 我不知道 Monk先生 |
[34:17] | I don’t know, Mr. Monk. | – 他是谁 |
[34:19] | Is he bothering you? You want me to ask him to leave? | – 我不知道 |
[34:21] | No… you better not. He might get mad. | Monk先生 他打扰到你了吗 要我叫他走人吗 |
[34:24] | All right, so the captain will be here any minute. | 最好不要 他好像是个疯子 |
[34:25] | – Maybe we should just wait here. – Mrs. Teeger! | 队长随时都可能到 或许我们该在这儿等等他 |
[34:28] | Mrs. Teeger, what are you doing here? | Teeger夫人 |
[34:30] | Hey, right here! | Teeger夫人 你在这儿做什么 |
[34:32] | Oh, it’s Tim. | 嘿 |
[34:35] | Hey, you guys, what are you doing here? | 在这儿 |
[34:37] | – Is Julie here? – No, we’re here on a job. | 嘿 你们在这儿做什么 Julie来了吗 |
[34:39] | Yeah, you might want to give her a call though, | 没 我们来这儿是办公事的 |
[34:40] | because I’m pretty sure she’s gonna break up with Clay. | 你可能想给他打电话 因为我百分百肯定 |
[34:43] | She is? Did she say that? | 她马上就会和Clay分手了 真的吗 是她说的吗 |
[34:45] | No, not yet. Can I tell him? | 不 还没 |
[34:47] | I don’t think you should. | 我能对他说吗 |
[34:48] | – I’m gonna tell him. – Why do you bother asking? | 最好不要 – 我要告诉他 |
[34:50] | Clay Bridges never liked Julie. Not really. | – 那干嘛还问我 Clay Bridges根本就没喜欢过Julie |
[34:52] | Somebody paid him to go out with her. | 是有人给他钱 让他追她的 |
[34:54] | Somebody paid him? Who? | 有人给他钱 |
[34:58] | He did. | 是谁 |
[35:01] | Mr. Sherman? | 是他 |
[35:02] | What’s he doing here? | Sherman先生? |
[35:04] | He’s not here to play skeeball. | 他来这儿做什么 |
[35:05] | I better follow him. | 反正不是来玩滚球的 我要去跟着他 |
[35:07] | Stay here and wait for the captain. | 我要去跟着他 你留在这儿等队长 |
[35:57] | Julie’s t-shirt? | Julie的T恤? |
[35:58] | That’s what this whole thing has been about. | Julie的T恤? 事情就是这样的 |
[36:00] | Her t-shirt? I don’t understand. | 事情就是这样的 |
[36:02] | Tim, I’ve been waiting a long time to say this. | 她的T恤? 我不明白 |
[36:05] | Here’s what happened. | Tim 我想说这话已经等了很久了 |
[36:07] | We know Dewey Jordan has been here. | 事情是这样的 |
[36:08] | Mr. Monk noticed some game coupons in his apartment. | 我们知道Dewey Jordan来过这儿 Monk先生注意到在他的家里有些游戏的票据 |
[36:11] | Rob Sherman and Dewey Jordan | Sherman先生和Dewey Jordan 几周前在法院里见过 |
[36:13] | met a couple weeks ago at the courthouse. | Sherman先生和Dewey |
[36:14] | Sherman probably told Dewey | Jordan 几周前在法院里见过 |
[36:16] | he was pulling some kind of insurance scam | Sherman有可能告诉Dewey |
[36:18] | but they had to meet again some place | 他在设计一个骗保险的诡计 |
[36:20] | to work out the details. | 但他们需要找个地方见面 商量行动的具体细节 |
[36:21] | They met here at the pier. | 于是他们就在这儿见了面 |
[36:23] | It was perfect… | 于是他们就在这儿见了面 |
[36:24] | Noisy, a big crowd, | 事情很完美… 这儿很嘈杂 熙熙攘攘 |
[36:26] | nobody would notice them. | 这儿很嘈杂 熙熙攘攘 |
[36:27] | But I don’t understand. | 没人会留意他们 |
[36:29] | What does all this have to do with Julie? | 我还是不明白 |
[36:30] | It was the same day that you and Julie were here | 这些事和Julie有什么关系 而就在同一天你和Julie也在这儿见面 |
[36:32] | getting your picture taken. | 还拍了照 |
[36:34] | Our picture? | 还拍了照 |
[36:35] | Exactly. | 拍照? |
[36:36] | The photographer had you pose right over there. | 没错 |
[36:38] | But there were other people standing behind you. | 摄影师让你们站在这儿摆姿势 |
[36:43] | That’s where Mr. Monk had seen them together. | 而你们后面正好有人 |
[36:45] | On Julie’s t-shirt. | Monk先生就是在这儿看到他们在一起 |
[36:47] | They were in the background the whole time. | 在Julie的T恤上 |
[36:51] | Now it makes sense. | 他们一直就站在后面 |
[36:53] | That’s why he was acting so weird that day we met him. | 怪不得 |
[36:55] | When Mr. Sherman saw that t-shirt, he knew he was in trouble. | 难怪那天我们遇到他的时候 他的表情特别奇怪 |
[36:57] | He saw Julie hanging out | 当Sherman先生看到那件T恤时 他知道有麻烦了 |
[36:59] | with Mr. Monk, the captain, and Randy. | 他看到Julie和Monk先生 |
[37:01] | It was only a matter of time before somebody noticed it. | 队长 Randy在一起 |
[37:03] | I know, but why didn’t he just try to steal it? | 他明白肯定有人会注意到那件T恤 只是时间问题 |
[37:05] | That’s too risky. | 我明白了 可他为什么不想办法偷呢 |
[37:06] | Remember, he didn’t have to destroy the shirt. | 太冒险了 |
[37:08] | He just wanted Julie to stop wearing it. | 记住 |
[37:10] | So he had his girlfriend contact Clay. | 他用不着损坏那件T恤 |
[37:12] | She pretended to be Julie’s aunt. | 只要Julie不再穿就行了 |
[37:15] | I get it. | 于是他让他的女朋友找到了Clay 她谎称是Julie的阿姨 |
[37:16] | Julie breaks up with me and she never wears the shirt again. | 明白了 只要Julie和我分手 |
[37:18] | She’s right, you are pretty smart. | 她就不会再穿那件T恤了 |
[37:20] | That’s why we’re here. | 对 你很聪明嘛 |
[37:21] | The captain’s getting a search warrant. | 所以我们才来这儿 队长正在申请搜查令 |
[37:23] | The photo booth keeps backup copies of all the pictures. | 照相亭里有所有照片的备份 |
[37:26] | Uh, copy… | |
[37:27] | Why do you need a copy? Where’s the t-shirt? | 备份…为什么你们要找备份呢 |
[37:30] | Julie burned it. | 那件T恤呢 |
[37:31] | – She what? – Sorry. | Julie把它烧掉了 |
[38:28] | – Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Get out of my shop! | |
[38:33] | Help! | 她什么 |
[38:35] | Get out of here! | – 抱歉 |
[38:37] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[38:40] | Stop him! Tim! | 你在做什么 |
[39:32] | I guess you can’t win them all, detective. Tim! Tim! | 我猜你是赢不了了 |
[39:37] | Tim! Tim! Tim! You okay? | 侦探 |
[39:45] | I got ’em. | 你没事吧 |
[39:47] | That’s Julie boyfriend. | 那是Julie的男朋友 |
[39:50] | He’s on the swim team. | 他可是游泳队的哦 |
[39:57] | Thanks, Tim! | 谢谢 |
[40:05] | Tim Back up disc. | |
[40:06] | And I printed off a copy. | 磁盘里的备份 |
[40:09] | Well, you and your friend | 我打印了一份 |
[40:12] | take a very nice, very incriminating picture. | 你和你的朋友照得不错嘛 |
[40:15] | I put it on a mug too. | 够把你送上法庭的了 |
[40:17] | What for? | 我还把照片打印在杯子上了 |
[40:18] | I figured the jury would appreciate it. | |
[40:20] | They’re human, the get thirsty. | 为什么 我猜法官会喜欢的 |
[40:21] | Exhibit A, thank you very much. | 他们也是人 也会口渴的 |
[40:25] | Mmm… guilty. | 证据A |
[40:29] | How are you guys doing? | 非常感谢 不敢当 |
[40:30] | I think we’re okay. | 你们怎么样 |
[40:32] | We were just listening to the news. | 很好 |
[40:33] | – You’re a hero. – Oh, I don’t feel like a hero. | 很好 我们刚刚在听新闻 |
[40:35] | Well, you are. | 你是个英雄 我可不是什么英雄 |
[40:37] | Thanks, Mrs. Teeger. | 我可不是什么英雄 你是 |
[40:38] | Tim and I are gonna hang out here for a while. | 谢谢 Teeger夫人 |
[40:40] | I mean, if that’s okay. | Tim和我要在这儿待一会儿 |
[40:42] | Sure, go ahead. Have fun. | 我是说 如果可以的话 |
[40:43] | Have fun. | 我是说 如果可以的话 当然 玩得开心点 |
[40:46] | What… What’s that for? | 玩得开心点 |
[40:49] | Our little talk. | 这是为什么 |
[40:54] | – Wipe. – No. | 我们的小小谈话 |
[40:56] | Natalie. | 擦 |
[40:57] | No, that one stays on. | – 不 |
[40:59] | For how long? | 不 这个要留着 |
[41:00] | Mmm, maybe forever. | 留多久 |
[41:01] | – I can feel it. – Good. | 留多久 或许就一辈子吧 |
[41:03] | Come on, I’m not gonna wipe it off. | – 我能感觉得到 – 这才好啊 |
[41:05] | – I’m just gonna dab it. – No. | 我不会擦掉的 我只是轻轻拍拍而已 不行 |