| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | – Are you ready? – What’s the big surprise? | |
| [00:03] | I’m finally gonna do it. | 大大的惊喜是什么 |
| [00:05] | I’m gonna take the plunge. | 我终于要这么做了 |
| [00:08] | Oh, my God. | 我决定要试一试 |
| [00:09] | You’re going to buy a cell phone? | 天啊 你要买手机? |
| [00:11] | No, beeper. | 不 BP机 |
| [00:13] | A beeper? | 不 BP机 |
| [00:14] | Yeah. It’s all you need. | BP机? |
| [00:16] | No, Mr. Monk, nobody uses “beepers” anymore. | – 是你需要的 – 不 Monk先生 现在没人用BP机 – 早就过时了 – Krugger医生就有一个 |
| [00:18] | – They’re ancient history. – Dr. Kroger has one. | |
| [00:20] | Well, except for doctors. | |
| [00:21] | Doctors use them because they work anywhere. | 医生除外 |
| [00:23] | – They’re more reliable. – Reliable is good. | 因为他们工作地点不定 |
| [00:25] | – That’s what we want. – No. | – 使用BP机更可靠 |
| [00:27] | So when you’re out with Julie, | – 我们要的就是可靠 |
| [00:28] | or you’re on a date I can beep you. | 当你和Julia一起外出时 或是你约会时 |
| [00:30] | Hold on, hold on. | – 我就可以呼你 |
| [00:31] | The beeper’s… for me? | – 等等 等等 |
| [00:33] | Yeah, it’s only $29 a month. You can afford that. | BP机是给我用的? 是啊 |
| [00:36] | And you want me to pay for it. | 一个月才29块 你用得起 |
| [00:38] | That’s your big surprise? | 你还让我付钱? |
| [00:39] | Are you… Are you surprised? | 不是说要给我意外吗 |
| [00:42] | You know what’s kind of sad? I’m not. | 难道这还不够意外吗 |
| [00:45] | Sorry. | 一点也不 |
| [00:47] | Look at that, Mr. Monk. | 对不起 |
| [00:49] | Look, that couple over there. | 瞧那边 |
| [00:50] | They’ve been on the news all week. | Monk先生 那对夫妻 |
| [00:52] | Their daughter was murdered. | 这个周他们一直上新闻 |
| [00:54] | Looks like they’re staring at you. | 他们的女儿被谋杀了 |
| [00:56] | I bet they wanna hire you. | Monk先生 他们正看着你呢 |
| [00:57] | They want you to solve the case. | 我猜他们想雇你调查案子 – 不 |
| [00:59] | – No, no thank you. – Mr. Monk, you can’t say no. | 谢谢 – Monk先生 |
| [01:01] | This was their daughter. | 你不能拒绝 |
| [01:03] | Natalie, you know how busy I am. | 死的可是他们的女儿啊 |
| [01:04] | I’m doing my taxes, I’m rotating the couch cushions… | 你也知道我很忙 |
| [01:07] | I’m just gonna tell them I can’t do it. | 我在做小标签 |
| [01:13] | They’re probably gonna start crying, right? | 做靠垫 我去告诉他们我不能接这个案子 |
| [01:15] | Probably. | 他们可能会哭 是吗 |
| [01:16] | And then they’re gonna show me pictures | 有可能 |
| [01:19] | of their daughter, | 他们会拿女儿的照片给我看 |
| [01:20] | pictures of her when she was a kid, | 她小时候的照片 |
| [01:22] | pulling a little red wagon, probably be a dog in the wagon. | 推着一辆红色的儿童车 |
| [01:26] | There’s always a dog. | 或许车里还有条狗 |
| [01:28] | And they’re gonna start begging. | 儿童车里总会有条狗 |
| [01:30] | They’re gonna offer me all the money they have. | 接着他们开始求我 |
| [01:32] | This is gonna go on, and on, and on, | 愿意倾其所有 |
| [01:35] | the police can’t do anything, | 他们会苦苦哀求 一次又一次 |
| [01:36] | “You’re the only one who can help us…” | 警察无能为力 |
| [01:38] | The crying, and the weeping, and the pleading. | 你是唯一能帮助我们的人 他们不停哭泣 |
| [01:43] | Okay, fine. | 流泪 哀求 |
| [01:44] | Fine. You win. | 好吧 |
| [01:46] | I’ll take the case. | 好吧 你们赢了 |
| [02:56] | So she was killed over there. | 这个案子我接了 Monk先生加入异教 |
| [02:57] | Yeah. | 她是在这儿遇害的 |
| [02:58] | Under that tree, on that picnic table. | 是的 |
| [03:01] | I’ve got the case file in the car. | 那棵树下 那个野餐台上 |
| [03:02] | It’s full of not-very-pretty pictures. | 我车里有案件资料 里面全是不怎么好看的照片 |
| [03:05] | How long ago? | 几天前的事 |
| [03:06] | Wednesday night. So five days. | 几天前的事 案发时间是周三晚上 五天前 |
| [03:08] | I figured you’d wanna talk to the guy that found her. | 我想你该和发现尸体的家伙谈谈 |
| [03:10] | This is Donovan. | |
| [03:12] | – Captain? – Yeah. | 他叫Donovan -队长? -嘿 |
| [03:13] | – You remember Tom Donovan? – I do. | -队长? -嘿 还记得Donovan吗 记得 |
| [03:16] | Mr. Donovan, thank you for coming. | Donovan先生 谢谢你赶过来 |
| [03:18] | This is Natalie Teeger, and Adrian Monk. | 这是Natalie Teeger |
| [03:21] | Mr. Monk has been hired by the Clark family | 这是Adrian |
| [03:23] | to look into the case, | Monk Monk先生受Clark的家人所托调查此案 |
| [03:25] | if you wouldn’t mind. | 希望你不会介意 |
| [03:26] | Yeah, I feel like a broken record. | 希望你不会介意 那我就再说一遍吧 |
| [03:27] | Uh, it was about 1:00 a.m. | 那我就再说一遍吧 凌晨一点左右 |
| [03:28] | I was coming back home from Sacramento… | 凌晨一点左右 |
| [03:30] | Tom and his wife own a restaurant supply company in Rockaway. | 我从Sacramento开车回家 |
| [03:33] | – He travels a lot. – That’s right. | Tom和妻子在Rockway开了一家厨具公司 |
| [03:35] | I pulled in here to use the facilities… | 他经常出差 没错 |
| [03:37] | It was a long drive, he was drinking lots of coffee, | 我停车 上厕所 路途遥远 他喝了很多咖啡 |
| [03:39] | – and the facilities uh… – Randy… | 厕所… |
| [03:41] | Mr. Donovan came all this way. | |
| [03:42] | He’s doing us a favor. | Donovan特意赶过来 |
| [03:44] | I think we ought to let him tell the story. | 他来是为了帮助我们 |
| [03:45] | I was just filling in the gaps. | 我想应该让他来说吧 |
| [03:47] | Go on. | 我只是做补充 |
| [03:48] | I got a good look a them in my headlights, | 继续 |
| [03:50] | there were five or six of them. | 通过前灯 我看清了他们 |
| [03:51] | – One was clearly the leader. – They call him “Father.” | 一共是5、6个人 显然有一个是领头的 |
| [03:53] | Go on. | 他们管他叫”神父” 继续 |
| [03:56] | They were holding her down on that… | 他们架着她 将她扔到… |
| [03:58] | that picnic table over there. | 那张野餐台上 |
| [04:01] | They were stabbing her. | |
| [04:03] | She was screaming. | 不断地用刀刺她 |
| [04:04] | They carved a… | 她一直尖叫 他们在她胸前划了一个… |
| [04:05] | symbol of the sun into her chest. | 他们在她胸前划了一个… 太阳的符号 |
| [04:07] | I mean, it was like their logo. | 很像他们的标志 |
| [04:09] | They saw me, they ran to their van, and drove away. | 很像他们的标志 他们看到了我 |
| [04:11] | Big silver van. | 于是跳上货车 开走了 |
| [04:13] | Which is what they always drive. Go on. | 一辆银色的货车 他们一直都开那辆车 继续 |
| [04:14] | She was still breathing. I put her in my car. | 她还有呼吸 |
| [04:16] | Drove her to the hospital. | 我把她抱进车里 |
| [04:18] | At least I tried to. | 开车去医院 |
| [04:20] | She died before we got there. | 至少我努力过了 |
| [04:22] | Did she say anything before she died? | 她死在半路上 |
| [04:24] | Unfortunately no. | 临死前她说什么了吗 |
| [04:25] | – Yes. | – Yes. 很遗憾 没有 -说了 -说了 |
| [04:27] | She whispered something. | 她嘟囔着 |
| [04:29] | She said “He found me, Father found me.” | 她嘟囔着 |
| [04:34] | Thank you very much, Mr. Donovan. | 说什么”他找到我了 神父找到我了” |
| [04:35] | You’re welcome. | 谢谢 Donovan先生 不客气 |
| [04:37] | Would you give us a minute? | 不客气 |
| [04:38] | Yes, sir. | 让我们先待一会儿 |
| [04:45] | Does all that check out? | 是 长官 |
| [04:46] | Yeah, so far. | 都查清楚了吗 |
| [04:48] | We, uh, found hair on the picnic table, and a lot of blood. | 是的 目前为止 我们在野餐台上发现了头发 |
| [04:50] | – Hers? – Yeah. | 大量血迹 |
| [04:52] | We had a lineup yesterday. | -是她的吗 -是的 昨天我们让Donovan指认嫌疑犯 |
| [04:54] | Brought in the Father, Donovan picked him out. | 昨天我们让Donovan指认嫌疑犯 |
| [04:56] | Positive I.D. | 结果Donovan认出了神父 |
| [04:58] | What do we know about this “Father”? | 十分肯定就是他 |
| [05:00] | Well, his real name is Ralph Roberts, | 对这个神父了解多少 |
| [05:01] | he used to sell used cars. | 他的真名是Ralph Roberts |
| [05:03] | Can you believe it? | 曾经做过二手车生意 |
| [05:04] | Before he went into the son of God business. | 想不到吧 |
| [05:06] | Nice work if you can get it. | 在他成为上帝之子以前 |
| [05:07] | God, just the name creeps me out. | 只要能成功 这可是份好工作啊 |
| [05:09] | – Siblings of the Sun. – Yeah. | 天啊 这名字就让我毛骨悚然 |
| [05:11] | So, we’ve been talking to Amanda Clark’s parents, | -太阳同胞 |
| [05:13] | and their daughter left the cult about a year ago. | -是啊 我们和Amanda |
| [05:15] | “Escaped” is more like it. | Clark的父母谈过 据说一年前她离开了异教 |
| [05:17] | Apparently Father got pissed off. | 应该是”逃离” |
| [05:19] | He doesn’t like it when people start thinking for themselves. | 显然神父发火了 他不喜欢人们思考自我 |
| [05:22] | Well, the parents said she was scared to death. | 父母说她怕得要命 |
| [05:24] | She was sure he was gonna try to find her. | 她肯定神父会找到她 |
| [05:25] | Yeah, well, that checks out, cause she changed her name, | 是啊 已经查清了 |
| [05:28] | she moved to North Beach, rented a basement apartment, | 她改名换姓 搬到北海岸 |
| [05:30] | and started working off the books. | 租了一间地下室 |
| [05:32] | Hm, doing what? | 开始违反教规 |
| [05:33] | She became a member of the world’s oldest profession. | 她干什么了 |
| [05:37] | Stone Mason, huh? | 她从事世界上最古老的职业 |
| [05:40] | No, prostitute. | 石匠? |
| [05:43] | So what else do you need? | 不 妓女 |
| [05:45] | A little something called evidence. | 你还需要什么 |
| [05:47] | I’m guessing Father had an alibi. | 传说中的证据 我猜神父有不在场的证据 |
| [05:50] | Father has a hundred alibis. | 神父有一百个不在场的证人 |
| [05:51] | We’ve been talking to his so-called children, | 我们和他那些所谓的孩子们谈过了 |
| [05:53] | and every one of them swears that he never left the compound | 所有人都发誓周三晚上 |
| [05:56] | on Wednesday night. | 神父从未离开过他们的地盘 |
| [05:57] | Send somebody in. | 派人去调查啊 |
| [05:59] | I wish I could, | |
| [06:00] | but the commissioner won’t sign off on it. | 我也希望如此 |
| [06:02] | These people have, like, 20 lawyers on retainer, | 但是长官不同意 |
| [06:04] | and they love suing cops. | 这些家伙有整整20名顾问律师 |
| [06:06] | Wait, so that’s it? You’re just giving up. | 他们都热衷于起诉警察 等等 |
| [06:08] | I’ll do it. | 难道就这样吗 就放弃了吗 |
| [06:09] | I’ll go undercover. | 我去 |
| [06:11] | Forget it, Monk. It’s a cult. | 我去无间道 |
| [06:13] | You wouldn’t last 20 minutes. | 算了吧 Monk 那可是个异教啊 你在那儿待不上20分钟 |
| [06:14] | This guy Roberts is a svengali. He brainwashes people. | 你在那儿待不上20分钟 Roberts那家伙可是个Svengali (小说人物 使用催眠术害人) |
| [06:17] | I think I can handle myself. | 他将人们洗脑 变得脑残 |
| [06:19] | All right, don’t take this personally, Monk, | 我能应付得来 |
| [06:21] | but you’re about the most gullible person I know. | 别往心里去 |
| [06:23] | Gullible? | Monk 你是我见过最容易被忽悠的人 |
| [06:24] | Gulli…? Come on. | 被忽悠? |
| [06:26] | Well, it’s not just my opinion. | 被忽悠? 拜托 |
| [06:28] | I was talking to Joey Heatherton, | 这可不是我一人的看法 |
| [06:29] | and she agrees with me. | 我和Joey |
| [06:31] | – Jo… Joey Heatherton, the singer? – Mm-hm. | Heatherton谈过 她也同意我的看法 |
| [06:34] | Joey… Joey Heatherton, can you believe it? | Joey Heatherton 那个歌手? |
| [06:36] | Joey Heatherton. | 你信吗 |
| [06:38] | Okay, I’ll do it. | 好吧 |
| [06:42] | Thank you. | 我来 |
| [06:44] | Well, there they are. | 谢谢 |
| [06:46] | My new family. | 他们就在那儿 我的新家 |
| [06:47] | I might not see you for a while, are you gonna be okay? | 我的新家 可能有段时间我见不到你了 |
| [06:50] | You’re going undercover, and you’re worried about me? | 你一个人没事吧 你要去无间 |
| [06:53] | Yes, I am. | 还要担心我? 没错 |
| [06:54] | You have a point. | 没错 |
| [06:55] | – I’m gonna need food. – No, I already stocked up. | 你说对了 |
| [06:58] | There’s plenty of food. | 我需要食物 我已经囤积好充足的食物了 |
| [06:59] | And beverages. I need beverages. | 还有饮料 我要喝饮料 |
| [07:00] | There’s 50 bottles of water under the sink. | 还有饮料 我要喝饮料 |
| [07:02] | I asked the captain to check on you every day. | 水池下有50瓶娃哈哈 |
| [07:05] | Okay, then. | 我跟队长说了 他每天过去看你 |
| [07:07] | – I think we’re ready. – Okay. | 好吧 我想一切都准备好了 |
| [07:18] | – Hello. | – Hello. |
| [07:20] | – Do you live around here? – Yeah. | -你好 -你好 你住在附近吗 |
| [07:22] | Uh, what is all this? | 是啊 你们这是干嘛呀 |
| [07:24] | We’re a community of brothers and sisters, | 你们这是干嘛呀 |
| [07:25] | working to make the world a better place. | “我的兄弟姐妹”社团 |
| [07:27] | Would you like a pamphlet? | 努力使世界变得更好 |
| [07:29] | Oh, a pamphlet. How much are they? | 看看手册吧 |
| [07:30] | It’s free. | 手册 多少钱 |
| [07:32] | Go ahead, go ahead. She loves pamphlets. | 免费的 |
| [07:33] | Why don’t you read it. | 拿着吧 拿着吧 她就喜欢小手册 |
| [07:34] | The Siblings of the Sun. | 打开看看 |
| [07:36] | – What’s your name? – Natalie. | 太阳同胞 你叫什么 |
| [07:38] | And do you have any family in the area, Natalie? | 你叫什么 你在这儿有家人吗 Natalie |
| [07:40] | No, it’s just me. | 没 |
| [07:44] | – Oh, he’s nobody. – I’m nobody. | 就我一人 |
| [07:46] | Just an old friend. | 他是路人甲 我是路人甲 |
| [07:48] | I literally just bumped into him. | 只是个老朋友 |
| [07:49] | – Crashed. – Yeah. | 我们俩刚刚碰上 刚碰上 |
| [07:52] | It’s tough, isn’t it? | 是啊 |
| [07:53] | Without loved ones nearby. | 这很痛苦 不是吗 |
| [07:55] | You must feel so disconnected. | 亲爱的 你怎么不在我身边 |
| [07:57] | It’s really funny. We were just talking about that. | 你肯定感觉像浮萍般无依 真是很有意思 |
| [07:59] | About how she feels disconnected, remember? | 我们刚刚还在谈这个呢 谈她感觉如此无依 是吧 |
| [08:02] | Exactly. | 没错 |
| [08:02] | Would you like to fill out a questionnaire? | 没错 您愿意填写问卷表吗 |
| [08:04] | We could do it here, or you could come with us. | 您愿意填写问卷表吗 可以在这儿填写 |
| [08:06] | We have our own ranch up the coast. | 或许跟我们一道 我们在海边有个大农场 |
| [08:08] | I think you’d really enjoy it. | 我们在海边有个大农场 你一定会喜欢那儿的 |
| [08:09] | Oh, my gosh. Your own ranch? I’ve never been to a real ranch. | 你一定会喜欢那儿的 天啊 你们还有农场? |
| [08:12] | “World’s Greatest Mom.” | 我从来去过真正的农场 |
| [08:14] | Oh. | “全世界最伟大的母亲” |
| [08:16] | You said you didn’t have any family. | 你说你没有家人 |
| [08:17] | Well, except for my daughter, | 你说你没有家人 除了我的女儿以外 |
| [08:18] | but uh, we never talk anymore. | 除了我的女儿以外 可是 我们从不交谈 |
| [08:21] | It’s… I… I haven’t seen her. | 我很久没见过她了 |
| [08:22] | It… it’s sad. | 真…真难过 |
| [08:31] | Excuse me. Hello. | 不好意思 |
| [08:36] | Yeah, now’s not a good time. | 你好 是的 我现在有事 |
| [08:40] | Well, how long has Sarah had a license? | Sarah拿到驾照多久了 |
| [08:42] | No, absolutely not. I will talk to you later. | 不 绝对没有 |
| [08:44] | Thank you. | 回头跟你说 |
| [08:46] | Sorry, business call. | 谢谢 |
| [08:48] | Thank you very much. Have a beautiful day. | 不好意思 |
| [08:50] | Uh… | 公事 |
| [08:51] | May I… May I? | 非常感谢 祝你快乐 |
| [08:53] | Um… | 我能…我能? |
| [08:56] | Wow. | |
| [08:57] | You have your own farm. | |
| [08:59] | Oh, yes. | 你们有自己的农场 |
| [09:00] | We’re completely self-sufficient. | 是的 我们完全自给自足 |
| [09:01] | Are… Are these beets? | 我们完全自给自足 这…这是甜菜吗 |
| [09:03] | I’m not sure. | 这…这是甜菜吗 |
| [09:04] | I think they are. | 我不肯定 |
| [09:06] | Oh, beets. Beets. | 应该是吧 |
| [09:07] | You don’t… You don’t like beets. | 甜菜 甜菜 你不…你不喜欢甜菜 |
| [09:09] | – I love beets. – Since when? | 你不…你不喜欢甜菜 我喜欢甜菜 |
| [09:10] | Since this morning. | 什么时候的事? |
| [09:11] | I had them for breakfast. You weren’t there. | 从今早开始 我早餐吃的就是甜菜 你当时不在 |
| [09:13] | She wasn’t there. | 她当时不在 |
| [09:15] | I was just feeling… | 她当时不在 |
| [09:16] | sad and… disconnected. | 我感觉… |
| [09:19] | Just me and… me and my beets. | 难过…无依 |
| [09:22] | What’s your name? | 只有我 只有我和我的甜菜 |
| [09:23] | Adrian. | 你叫什么 |
| [09:24] | And do you have any children, Adrian? | 你有孩子吗 Adrian |
| [09:26] | No. None. | 没有 没有 |
| [09:28] | I think we can help you, Adrian. | 我想我们能帮助你 Adrian |
| [09:30] | Well, Adrian isn’t interested. He has uh… to get home. | 我想我们能帮助你 Adrian Adrian对这个不感兴趣 |
| [09:33] | Right? You have that… thing. Remember? | 他得…得回家了 对吗 你还有…那件事要办呢 |
| [09:35] | Oh, yeah. I cancelled that thing. I’m fine. | 记得? 哦 是啊 我想起那件事了 |
| [09:38] | We can put order back in your life, Adrian. | 我很好 |
| [09:40] | How’s that sound? | 我们能让你重回正常生活 Adrian |
| [09:41] | Why don’t you come with us? | 听起来怎样 跟我们一起去看看吧 |
| [09:43] | We can tell you all about it at the meeting. | 跟我们一起去看看吧 我们可以在会上向你详细介绍 |
| [09:45] | That sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
| [09:48] | Bring the van. | 把车开过来 |
| [09:52] | What are you doing? This was supposed to be me. | 你在做什么 |
| [09:55] | Well, they don’t want you. | 应该是我去才对 |
| [09:57] | This is plan B. | 他们可不想要你 |
| [09:59] | Don’t worry. I know what I’m doing. | 现在是B计划 |
| [10:01] | I got them right where I want them. | 别担心 我知道自己在做什么 |
| [10:03] | They think I’m some kind of boob. | 只要我想动手 他们就别想跑 他们以为我是个白痴 |
| [10:06] | Adrian | Adrian! It’s time to go. |
| [10:08] | Can I sit up front? I always sit up front. | 该走了 我能坐前面吗 |
| [10:11] | Of course you can sit up front. | 我一直都坐前面 |
| [10:12] | Yeah. | 当然你可以坐前面 |
| [10:13] | Whatever you want, Adrian. | 当然 |
| [10:15] | – Whatever makes you happy. – Okay, great. | 只要你愿意就行 Adrian |
| [10:34] | We own the whole mountain. | 你高兴就好 很好 很好 |
| [10:36] | Over 4,000 acres. | 整座山都是我们的 |
| [10:38] | We have food, water, solar power… | 超过4000英亩 我们有食物 |
| [10:42] | We never even need to leave the ranch. | 水 太阳能 |
| [10:44] | Most of us don’t. | 足不出户也能生活下来 |
| [10:45] | Mm-hm. | 大多数人都不需要出去 |
| [10:47] | The system is going to fail, Adrian. | 整个世界即将崩溃 |
| [10:49] | Adrian A great blanket of darkness will descend, | |
| [10:52] | and when it does, we’ll be ready. | 巨大的黑暗即将来临 |
| [10:53] | We’ll be ready. Will you be ready? | 当这天到来时 我们已准备好了 我们将做好准备 |
| [10:56] | I don’t know. | 你呢 |
| [10:57] | To be honest, this is the first I’ve ever heard about the… | 我不知道 |
| [11:00] | whole blanket of darkness deal. | 老实说 我头次听说… |
| [11:02] | Brother Ted, Sister Sally! | 巨大的黑暗即将来临 |
| [11:04] | It’s a wonderful day in paradise. | Ted兄弟 |
| [11:06] | Welcome. | Sally妹妹 |
| [11:09] | We make extra money selling flowers in town. | 真是天堂里的美好一天 |
| [11:12] | They seem happy. | 欢迎 我们也在镇上卖花挣钱 |
| [11:14] | Of course they’re happy. | 他们看上去很开心 |
| [11:16] | It’s easy to be happy, Adrian. | 当然他们开心了 |
| [11:18] | All you have to do is let yourself go. | 开心很容易 |
| [11:21] | You know, I used to be like you. | Adrian 你只需要释放自我 |
| [11:23] | My whole life was stress. | 我以前也和你一样 |
| [11:25] | Numbers, and money, I was depressed all the time. | 生活中充满了压力 数字 |
| [11:27] | I was living on the street, like an animal. | 金钱 生活得一直很郁闷消沉 我住在大街上 |
| [11:30] | What happened? | 像只动物 |
| [11:32] | We found Father. It was that simple. | 后来怎么样了 我们找到了神父 |
| [11:34] | – Praise be he. | – Praise be he. 就这么简单 |
| [11:36] | So everybody here is happy? | -赞颂他 |
| [11:39] | Oh, there he is. | -赞颂他 这儿的每个人都开心快乐吗 |
| [11:43] | He sure doesn’t seem worried. | 哦 他在那儿 |
| [11:45] | About what? | 他看起来还真不担心啊 |
| [11:47] | By the girl who was killed. | 担心什么 |
| [11:49] | According to the newspapers… | 被害的女孩 |
| [11:50] | The devil rags. | 根据报上的新闻… |
| [11:52] | That’s what I meant, thank you, the devil rags. | 邪恶的小报 我就是这个意思 谢谢 |
| [11:54] | The police think he might have been involved. | 邪恶的小报 |
| [11:58] | Does he ever talk about the case? | 警方认为他和这案子有牵连 |
| [12:00] | Not to us. | 他提起过这个案子吗 |
| [12:02] | Hm… Did you know her well, | 没对我们提起过 |
| [12:04] | the girl who died? | 你们认识她吗 |
| [12:05] | Sister Clark betrayed us all. | 那个死去的女孩 |
| [12:08] | Amanda Clark didn’t die last week. | Clark妹妹背叛了我们所有人 |
| [12:10] | Amanda As far as we’re concerned, she’s been dead for over a year. | |
| [12:14] | She died the day she left. | Clark不是死于上周 对于我们而言 |
| [12:18] | And that’s the new dining hall. | 她一年多以前就死了 就在她离开的那天 |
| [12:20] | Are you hungry? | 那是新餐厅 |
| [12:22] | ♪ Father, please protect me ♪ | 你饿了吗 |
| [12:27] | ♪ Father, please correct me ♪ | 神父 请您庇佑我 |
| [12:32] | – Hey. – That’s beautiful. | 神父 请您指点我 |
| [12:34] | It’s a birthday gift for Father. | 嘿 很好听 |
| [12:36] | My gift is my song. | 这是送给神父的生日礼物 |
| [12:38] | Oh, well he’s gonna… | 我的礼物是我写的歌 |
| [12:40] | you know, love it. | 他一定会… |
| [12:41] | Are you Zack? | 他会喜欢的 |
| [12:43] | – Brother Zack? – Yep. | 你是Zack? |
| [12:44] | I heard the cops were hassling you about the murder. | -Zack兄弟? -是的 |
| [12:47] | – I talked to them twice already. – Oh. | 我听说为了一起谋杀案 警察骚扰过你 |
| [12:50] | They’re bringing everybody in. | 我跟他们谈过两次 |
| [12:51] | Yeah. Bummer. | 他们想把所有人都抓走 |
| [12:55] | – Bummer City. – Yeah. | 是啊 一群混蛋 |
| [12:57] | But they said I’m like a key witness, | 混蛋之城 是啊 |
| [12:59] | ’cause I was on security detail, | 但他们说我是关键证人 |
| [13:01] | you know, the night she… died | 因为那天是我负责保安工作 |
| [13:03] | I was stationed right in front of Father’s cabin. | 你知道的 就在她…死的那晚 |
| [13:05] | You know, I’m his alibi. | 我在神父的小木屋外站岗 |
| [13:08] | And you were there all night, right? | 你知道的 我是他不在场的证人 |
| [13:10] | I never left. | 整晚你都在那儿吗 |
| [13:11] | You’re sure. | 半步不离 |
| [13:12] | You could see him. | 你很肯定 |
| [13:14] | Well, no, but I heard him. | 你能看到他 |
| [13:16] | I heard him talking. | 不 当我能听到他 |
| [13:17] | Oh, to… to who? | 我听他在说话 |
| [13:19] | Well, talking to God. | 和谁说话 |
| [13:21] | Oh, yeah. | 和上帝啊 |
| [13:22] | Father and God talk all the time. | 哦 |
| [13:24] | And I heard him cooking something, | 是啊 神父和上帝一直在对话 |
| [13:25] | you know, cause I could hear the microwave oven beeping, | 我还听到他在做东西吃 |
| [13:27] | you know, “Beep, beep, beep.” | 我听到微波炉的嘟嘟声 |
| [13:30] | Maybe… | |
| [13:32] | Maybe he snuck away when you weren’t looking. | 也许… |
| [13:36] | You sound like a cop. | 或许他趁你没看见的时候 偷偷溜出去了 |
| [13:37] | Me? No. | 你像个警察 |
| [13:39] | I’m not… no. | 我? 怎么可能 |
| [13:41] | No. | 我可不是 |
| [13:42] | Freeze. | |
| [13:43] | No, don’t freeze. Play. | 别动 |
| [13:50] | Hello. Good morning. | 你继续吧 |
| [14:26] | Hello. | 继续 你好 |
| [14:28] | May I help you? | 你好 |
| [14:29] | Uh, sorry. | 需要帮助吗 |
| [14:31] | No, I… I was just… | 哦 不好意思 |
| [14:33] | I was looking for… | 不 我… 我只是… |
| [14:35] | I just wanted to be alone, and… | 我在找… |
| [14:37] | But you are not alone. | 我只是想一个人待着 |
| [14:40] | Not anymore. | 但你不是一个人在战斗 |
| [14:41] | We are here to share your burden… | 不再是了 |
| [14:44] | Adrian. That is your name, isn’t it? | 我们将分担你的忧愁… |
| [14:48] | Yes. | 这是你的名字 是吗 |
| [14:49] | Have you had a chance to look around? | 是的 |
| [14:51] | Mm-hm. | 在这附近看过了吗 |
| [14:52] | And how do you feel being here? | 在这儿的感觉如何 |
| [14:54] | Feels right, doesn’t it? | |
| [14:56] | It feels like home, doesn’t it? | 感觉好极了 |
| [15:02] | Something’s missing. | 对吗 像家的感觉 |
| [15:06] | Something in you. | 对吗 你失去了一些东西 |
| [15:08] | Something that was in you. | 你拥有的东西 |
| [15:11] | A light that’s been extinguished. | 曾经拥有的东西 |
| [15:17] | What was her name? | 希望之灯熄灭了 |
| [15:23] | Trudy. | 她叫什么 |
| [15:24] | Her name was Trudy. | 她叫Trudy |
| [15:28] | I can see that you feel lost without her. | 我能感觉得到 |
| [15:32] | You came here with questions. | 你失去她后很迷茫 |
| [15:35] | I might be able to answer some of those questions. | 你怀着疑问而来 |
| [15:41] | I want you to have it. | 或许我能回答其中一些问题 |
| [15:44] | Read it. | 拿着它 |
| [15:46] | The more you read it, the more you know. | 好好读读 |
| [15:51] | The more you know… | 读得越多 |
| [15:54] | the less you don’t know. | 知道的越多 |
| [15:57] | The more you know, the… | 知道的越多… 不知道的越少 |
| [15:58] | The less you don’t know. | 知道的越多… |
| [16:05] | Aah room sa maa. | 不知道的越少 |
| [16:11] | Ted. | 般若波罗蜜~~ |
| [16:14] | Aah room sa maa. | 般若波罗蜜~~ |
| [16:17] | Hello, Brother Ted, I’m talking to you. | 嘿 |
| [16:23] | I could book you for obstruction right now. | Ted兄弟 我在和你说话 |
| [16:24] | Are you listening to me? | 我可以告你妨碍司法调查 |
| [16:26] | Lieutenant, | 你到底听见没有 |
| [16:27] | are you listening to yourself? | 副队长 |
| [16:33] | Meditate on this, | 你聆听过自我吗 |
| [16:35] | we know Amanda Clark was one of Father’s favorites, | 好好想想 |
| [16:37] | one of the chosen children. | 我们知道Amanda |
| [16:38] | Clark They lived together for a year and a half. | |
| [16:40] | That was her choice. | 是神父最爱的其中一个孩子 他们一起生活了一年半 |
| [16:42] | Plus we have an eye witness who saw Father at that rest stop, | 那是她的选择 |
| [16:45] | that night. | 而且我们有证人看到神父出现在休息站 |
| [16:46] | Impossible. | 就在那晚 |
| [16:47] | He was stabbing her, Ted. | 不可能 他刺杀了她 Ted |
| [16:49] | An he’s been positively identified. | 他刺杀了她 |
| [16:51] | Ted Father hasn’t left the ranch in three weeks. | |
| [16:53] | How do you know that? | 目击证人百分百肯定就是他 神父已经三个周没离开过农场了 |
| [16:55] | He never leaves for harvest season. | 你怎么知道 |
| [16:58] | Really? Never. | 他从不在收获季节离开 真的? |
| [17:01] | What if he gets sick, and he has to go to the hospital? | 从不 如果他生病了呢 |
| [17:03] | Father doesn’t get sick. | 上医院看病呢 神父不生病 |
| [17:05] | He’s never even had a headache. | 神父不生病 |
| [17:06] | He’s going to live forever. | 连头疼都从没有过 |
| [17:08] | He is the eternal one. | 他是永生的 |
| [17:10] | The nurturing light. | 他是永恒不朽的 |
| [17:13] | The nurturing light. What if he got hit by a bus? | 是明灯 |
| [17:15] | I bet you that would put his nurturing light out pretty quick, wouldn’t it? | 明灯 |
| [17:18] | There are no buses on the ranch. | 要是他被车撞了呢 我打赌他的那张明灯很快就会熄灭 |
| [17:20] | What if a bus careens off the highway, | 农场没有车来车往 |
| [17:21] | you know, smashes through the fence, | 如果是一辆从高速路上冲撞而来的车呢 |
| [17:23] | rolls onto the farm, runs him over? | 撞倒围栏 滚进农场 从他身上压过去 |
| [17:24] | The highway is seven miles away. | 滚进农场 从他身上压过去 |
| [17:26] | – What if it careens seven miles? – It can’t careen seven miles. | 农场离高速路7英里远 要是从7英里外冲撞过来呢 |
| [17:29] | Oh, I’ve seen vehicles careen a pretty long way. | 不可能 |
| [17:31] | – Not seven miles. – It’s possible. | 我可见到过有车冲出去很长一段呢 |
| [17:33] | I once saw a truck lose his breaks | -那也不可能有7英里远 -有可能 |
| [17:34] | on Route 15, near Avalon Mountain, | 在15好公路 离Avalon山不远 我就见到过一辆卡车刹车失灵 |
| [17:36] | it’s started careening in full spee… | 于是车全速冲撞了出去 |
| [17:37] | Hey! | 于是车全速冲撞了出去 |
| [17:38] | Hey, you listening to me, Ted? Philipsburg, careening in Philipsburg. | 嘿 嘿 听到我说话没 Ted |
| [17:41] | Do you know where Philipsburg is, Ted? | Philipsburg 在Philipsburg冲撞 |
| [17:49] | Natalie, where is Monk? | 你知道Philipsburg在哪儿吗 Ted |
| [17:51] | Change of plans. | Natalie Monk呢 |
| [17:52] | Um… it was a last-minute thing, | 计划有变 |
| [17:54] | but Mr. Monk joined the cult. | 就在最后一刻 |
| [17:55] | He what? | Monk先生加入了异教 |
| [17:56] | I couldn’t help it. They wanted him. | 他什么 |
| [17:58] | Of course they wanted him, Natalie. | 我拦不住 他们想要他 |
| [18:00] | He’s like play-doh to them. | 他们当然想要他 Natalie |
| [18:02] | No, no, no. He seemed okay. | 他就像个任人摆布的玩偶 不 不 不 他看起来很好 |
| [18:03] | He waved like he was okay as he got into the van. | 不 不 不 他看起来很好 他向我挥手 看起来还不错 |
| [18:06] | He did. | 就在他上车的时候 |
| [18:07] | He waved like… | 真的 |
| [18:08] | Come here, Natalie. | 他挥手… |
| [18:10] | Look at this guy. | 过来 Natalie |
| [18:11] | 18 months ago, he was teaching at MIT. | 看看这家伙 |
| [18:13] | He was considered a genius. | 18个月以前 他还在麻省理工教书 |
| [18:15] | Now he’s a complete basket case. | 是个公认的天才 |
| [18:17] | Can you imagine what they’re doing to Monk? | 现在却成了一个彻底的废人 |
| [18:19] | Don’t underestimate Mr. Monk. | 你能想到他们会对Monk怎么样吗 |
| [18:20] | He’s a lot stronger than you think. | 可别小看Monk先生 |
| [18:24] | ♪ Everywhere I go ♪ | 他比你想象中更坚强 |
| [18:26] | ♪ I’m gonna let it shine ♪ | 所到之处 处处发光 |
| [18:29] | ♪ Everywhere I go ♪ | 所到之处 |
| [18:31] | ♪ I’m gonna let it shine ♪ | 处处发光 |
| [18:34] | ♪ Everywhere I go ♪ ♪ I’m gonna let it shine ♪ | 所到之处 |
| [18:39] | ♪ Let it shine ♪ | 处处发光 |
| [18:40] | ♪ Let it shine ♪ | 处处发光 |
| [18:41] | ♪ Let it shine ♪ | |
| [18:49] | Okay. | |
| [18:50] | As you people know, | 好了 |
| [18:52] | I have never been sick | 你们都知道 |
| [18:55] | a day in my life. People ask me how do I do it. | 我从没有生过病 |
| [19:01] | What is my secret? | 有人问我 我是怎么做到的 |
| [19:02] | Is there some sort of special prescription? | 我是怎么做到的 |
| [19:04] | Some sort of… new age medicine? | 我的秘诀是什么 |
| [19:10] | No. | 是不是吃了脑白金 还是黄金搭档? |
| [19:12] | No, the only medication I’ve been taking | 不 |
| [19:15] | is four milligrams of the light! | 我服用的唯一药物 |
| [19:20] | To be taken as needed. | 就是4毫克的光明 按需服用 |
| [19:26] | We have a new member of the family. | 我们的大家庭有了新成员 |
| [19:29] | I want you to welcome him. | 希望大家鼓掌欢迎 |
| [19:33] | Brother Adrian, I am sensing fear. | Adrian兄弟 |
| [19:36] | You are filled with fear. | 我感到了你的恐惧 |
| [19:38] | That is true. | 你充满了恐惧感 |
| [19:40] | Wh… What are you afraid of, Adrian? | 没错 |
| [19:42] | Fire… | 你怕什么 Adrian |
| [19:44] | You’re afraid of fire? | 火… |
| [19:46] | Well I have some good news for you. | 你怕火? |
| [19:48] | And heights. | 那我有个好消息告诉你 |
| [19:50] | And heights. | 还恐高 |
| [19:52] | Okay. | 恐高 |
| [19:53] | Then today is your lucky day. | 好的 |
| [19:55] | Germs, | 今天是你的幸运日 |
| [19:57] | needles, | 细菌 |
| [19:58] | milk, crowds, spiders, | 针 牛奶 |
| [20:01] | sand… | 人群 蜘蛛 |
| [20:02] | That is quite a list. | 沙子… |
| [20:04] | You have been living in darkness. | 怕的还真不少 |
| [20:06] | Yeah, darkness, yes. | 你一直置身黑暗之中 是的 黑暗 没错 |
| [20:08] | Um… elevators, earthquakes, mushrooms, | 电梯 |
| [20:11] | tigers and boats. | 地震 蘑菇 |
| [20:13] | What about charcoal? | 老虎 还有船 |
| [20:14] | Charcoal… | 木炭呢 |
| [20:17] | Yes. | 木炭… |
| [20:21] | No. | 是的 |
| [20:26] | You have dirt on your hand, brother. | 不 |
| [20:28] | Wipe. | 你手脏了 兄弟 |
| [20:29] | Oh, uh, wipe. | 纸巾 |
| [20:30] | – Wipe. – No. | 纸巾 |
| [20:33] | No. | 不 |
| [20:34] | Don’t wipe that off. | 不 |
| [20:37] | Listen to me. | 不准擦掉 |
| [20:38] | These wipes you carry are a crutch. | 听我说 |
| [20:41] | You’re with me now. | 你随身带的纸巾就像拐杖 |
| [20:43] | You don’t need the wipes. | 你现在有我 |
| [20:47] | Drop the wipe. | 你不需要纸巾 |
| [20:48] | Drop… Drop the wipe? | 扔掉纸巾 |
| [20:50] | It’s okay. | 扔掉… |
| [20:53] | Just give up. | 扔掉纸巾? 没事的 |
| [20:55] | Just surrender. | 放手吧 |
| [20:57] | Surrender? | 放弃吧 |
| [21:00] | Surrender? | 放弃? |
| [21:05] | Let it go. | 放弃? |
| [21:08] | That wipe is like a chain, Adrian. | 放手 |
| [21:13] | It’s dragging you down. | 纸巾仿佛一条锁链 |
| [21:16] | Set yourself free. | Adrian 将你不断往下拖拽 |
| [21:17] | Let yourself live. | 释放自我 |
| [21:25] | You can do it. | 重焕生机 |
| [21:27] | Drop the wipe. | 你能做到 |
| [21:45] | I’m free. | 扔掉纸巾 |
| [21:49] | I’m free. | 我自由了 |
| [21:58] | ♪ This little light of mine ♪ | 我自由了 |
| [22:00] | ♪ I’m gonna let it shine ♪ | 星星之火 |
| [22:03] | ♪ This little light of mine ♪ | 也能燎原 |
| [22:06] | ♪ I’m gonna let it shine ♪ | 星星之火 也能燎原 |
| [22:09] | ♪ This little light of mine ♪ | 星星之火 |
| [22:11] | ♪ I’m gonna let it shine ♪ Randy, hang up the phone. | 也能燎原 |
| [22:21] | Yeah, I’m on hold, I’m just waiting to get one of the representatives… | Randy 挂掉电话 我可是在等一个议员听电话啊 |
| [22:24] | I don’t care. | 无所谓 |
| [22:31] | I found him. | |
| [22:33] | – Mr. Monk? – Yeah. | 我找到他了 -Monk先生吗 -没错 |
| [22:34] | Oh, thank God. Is he okay? | -Monk先生吗 -没错 谢天谢地 他还好吧 |
| [22:35] | I don’t know. It’s complicated. | 谢天谢地 他还好吧 |
| [22:36] | – Where is he? – He’s at the airport. | 我不知道 事情没那么简单 他在哪儿 |
| [22:38] | He sold me this. I barely recognized him. | 他在哪儿 在机场 他把这个卖给我 |
| [22:40] | He was wearing one of those yellow shirts, | 我差点没认出他 |
| [22:41] | and he was smiling. | 他穿着黄衬衣 |
| [22:43] | Well, did you talk to him about the case? | 面带微笑 他有说案子的事吗 |
| [22:44] | Yeah, I tried. I took him aside. | 他有说案子的事吗 我试过了 我把他拉到一边 |
| [22:46] | I said, “Did you learn anything?” | 我试过了 |
| [22:47] | What did he say? | 我把他拉到一边 问他”你知道什么了吗” |
| [22:48] | He said, “Leland, I’ve learned everything.” | 他怎么说 他说 |
| [22:52] | That’s not good. | “Leland 我什么都知道了” |
| [22:53] | And he kept smiling. | 事情不妙 |
| [22:54] | That’s not good. | 他一直面带微笑 |
| [23:01] | They all have ten petals. | 事情不妙 |
| [23:04] | Ten petals. | 都有10片花瓣 |
| [23:10] | Beautifully done. | 10片花瓣 |
| [23:12] | Well done. | 干得漂亮 |
| [23:15] | Oh, monsoon. | 做得不错 |
| [23:17] | Make sure they’re all diagonally cut. | 季风雨 |
| [23:20] | Brother Zack. Brother Zack what are you doing? | 一定要对角剪切 Zack兄弟 |
| [23:22] | You’re mixing the gloriosa lilies with the calathiums. | Zack兄弟 |
| [23:25] | Sorry. | 你在做什么 你把火炎花和calathiums混在一起了 |
| [23:26] | We cannot afford any mistakes. | 对不起 |
| [23:29] | I promised Father we’d sell a thousand of these | 我们不能有丝毫的错误 |
| [23:31] | by the end of the week. | 我向神父承诺 |
| [23:33] | Don’t worry. I’m not mad. | 这个周要卖出一千个 |
| [23:35] | I’m not mad. I like you, Zack. | 别担心 我没发疯 |
| [23:37] | I like your enthusiasm. | 我没疯 我喜欢你 Zack |
| [23:39] | You remind me of myself when I first got here. | 我喜欢你的热情 |
| [23:41] | But you’ve only been here… | 你让我想起了刚来这儿的时候 |
| [23:43] | I’m gonna tell Father how well you’re doing. | 可你确实刚来… |
| [23:44] | Brother Adrian! | 我会告诉神父你干得很棒 |
| [23:47] | Oh, Sister Sally, Brother Ted, | Adrian兄弟 |
| [23:49] | it’s a beautiful day in paradise. | Sally妹妹 Ted兄弟 |
| [23:50] | Father wants to see you. | 天堂里美好的一天 |
| [23:59] | Adrian, come in. | 神父要见你 |
| [24:02] | Would you like some tea? | Adrian 进来 |
| [24:04] | I have five cups a day. It’s my only vice. | 来杯茶吗 |
| [24:07] | No, no, no. Thank you. | 我一天喝5杯 唯一的恶习 |
| [24:09] | You should be honored. | 不 不 不 谢谢 |
| [24:10] | Most of my children never set foot in here. | 你应该感到荣幸 |
| [24:13] | It’s charming. | 大多数孩子从没进来过 |
| [24:15] | – How did it go at the airport? – Nine hundred dollars. | 很不错嘛 机场那边怎么样 |
| [24:17] | Excellent. And the train station? | 卖了900美元 |
| [24:19] | Not so good. 70, maybe 75. | 很好 火车站呢 |
| [24:22] | Brother Zack, he’s meek. | 一般 70或者75美元 |
| [24:25] | They say the meek shall inherit the earth. | Zack兄弟 他很温和 |
| [24:27] | They say many things. That is why we cleanse. | 他们说温和应该世代相传 |
| [24:31] | It’s not boiling. | 他们说过很多东西 |
| [24:34] | Oh, you’re unplugged. | 这就是我们变纯净的原因 |
| [24:36] | That’s all. | 怎么不开 |
| [24:38] | Hold on. | 你没插插头 是啊 |
| [24:43] | I’ll do it. Please, let me. | 等等 |
| [24:55] | You dropped this? | 我来吧 |
| [24:58] | Must have fallen off a pen. | 请让我来吧 |
| [25:00] | Adrian. | 你掉的吗 一定是从笔上掉下来的 |
| [25:02] | Is there something you wanna tell me? | 你有什么事要告诉我吗 |
| [25:06] | Sister Gina has a radio. No. | Gina有个收音机 |
| [25:11] | About yourself. | 不 |
| [25:17] | I am not an idiot. I read the papers. | 是你自己的事 我可不笨 |
| [25:20] | I know the name Adrian Monk. | 我也看报纸 |
| [25:23] | The police sent you, didn’t they? | Adrian Monk这个名字我可听说过 |
| [25:29] | I’m sorry about what happened to Amanda Clark. | 警察派你来的 对吗 |
| [25:33] | I was angry when she left, | Amanda Clark的事我深表遗憾 |
| [25:35] | and hurt, I don’t deny that. | 她离开时我很生气 也很受伤 |
| [25:38] | I might have said some… | 对此我不否认 |
| [25:40] | intemperate things, | 或许我还说了一些… |
| [25:42] | but I did not kill that girl. | 放肆的话 但她绝不是我杀的 |
| [25:44] | I did not have her killed. | 也不是我派人杀的 |
| [25:48] | Go back to your Captain Stottlemeyer, | 回去告诉Stottlemeyer队长 |
| [25:50] | and you tell him he’s making a mistake. | 他错了 |
| [25:52] | You tell him to look some place else. | 告诉他调查别的地方 我不能 |
| [25:57] | I can’t, I can’t, I… | 我不能 我… |
| [25:59] | I can’t leave. | I can’t leave. |
| [26:01] | Father, please. | 我不能走 我不能走 |
| [26:03] | It’s true. | 神父 求你了 |
| [26:04] | When I came here, I was working on the case. | 的确 |
| [26:08] | But that isn’t me. | 我刚来这儿时是为了调查案子 |
| [26:10] | Not anymore. | 但我不会那样了 |
| [26:12] | I can see that now. I belong here with all of you. | 再也不会了 |
| [26:15] | I love it here. | 我现在知道了 我属于这儿 |
| [26:17] | I love… | 和你们一起 我喜欢这儿 |
| [26:19] | not thinking. | 我喜欢… |
| [26:22] | Cause I’m so tired of thinking. | 不用思考 |
| [26:28] | Please… | 因为我受够了思考 |
| [26:31] | Just… please. | 求你了… |
| [26:33] | Okay. | 求你了 |
| [26:35] | You can stay. | 好吧 |
| [26:37] | It’s okay. | 你能留下来 |
| [26:38] | You don’t have to think. | 没事了 |
| [26:42] | Thank you. | 你用不着思考 |
| [26:44] | I’m so thankful. | 谢谢 |
| [26:47] | I’m gonna make you prove that. | 十分感激 |
| [26:55] | 32 thousand dollars? | 你得证明给我看 |
| [26:57] | – Is this all you have? – I wish I had more. | 32000美元? 这就是你所有的存款? |
| [26:59] | – What about your brother? – Ambrose? | 我希望有更多 |
| [27:01] | Doesn’t he own his own house? | 你的哥哥呢 |
| [27:02] | Oh, yeah, I could talk to him, but… | 他不是有自己的房子吗 |
| [27:05] | Natalie? | 哦 对啊 |
| [27:06] | Mr. Monk, it’s for your own good. | 我可以和他谈谈 但… |
| [27:07] | What are you…? | Monk先生 这是为你好 你干什么 |
| [27:08] | Hey, wait! What are you doing? | 你干什么 嘿 |
| [27:10] | You can’t do this! | 等等 你们在做什么 |
| [27:11] | Brother Adrian! | 你们不能这么做 |
| [27:12] | Believe in Father, | Adrian兄弟 |
| [27:14] | Father will set you free! | 相信神父 |
| [27:16] | Brother Adrian! | 神父会让你自由的 |
| [27:28] | Hello. Mr. Monk, are you hungry? | 哈罗 |
| [27:32] | You can’t keep me here. | Monk先生 你饿了吗 |
| [27:34] | It’s against the law. | 你们不能把我关在这儿 |
| [27:36] | I’m sorry, Mr. Monk. We didn’t know what else to do. | 这是违法的 |
| [27:40] | Father warned us this would happen. | 抱歉 |
| [27:45] | Here. | Monk先生 |
| [27:48] | You haven’t eaten all day. | 我们实在想不出其他方法 神父警告过我们这一切会发生的 |
| [27:51] | What is it? | 吃吧 你一天都没吃东西了 |
| [27:53] | Chicken pot pie. It’s your favorite. | 这是什么 |
| [27:55] | I don’t eat anything I haven’t grown myself. | 鸡肉派 |
| [27:57] | You don’t know me… at all. | 你最爱吃的 我只吃自己种的东西 |
| [28:00] | Yes, I do. | 你不了解我 根本不了解 |
| [28:02] | I’m here because you don’t know you. | 是的 |
| [28:05] | Natalie… | 我了解你 是你不了解你自己 |
| [28:06] | If you let me go now, I won’t press charges. | 如果你现在放我走 |
| [28:09] | I promise. | 我不会起诉你们的 |
| [28:14] | Please, just eat something. | 我保证 |
| [28:16] | Please, just eat. | 请吃点吧 |
| [28:21] | I’ll get a wipe. | 吃点吧 |
| [28:39] | He wouldn’t eat. | 我去拿纸巾 |
| [28:41] | He’ll eat. Eventually. | 他不肯吃 |
| [28:43] | He acted like I was trying to poison him. | 他会吃的 最终会的 |
| [28:45] | I feel like the mother in “The Exorcist.” | 一副我要毒死他的模样 我觉得自己就像”驱魔人”里的妈妈 |
| [28:47] | Leland | Leland, why don’t you go in and talk to him. |
| [28:50] | But, uh, leave your watch here | 你进去跟他谈谈吧 |
| [28:54] | so that he doesn’t know what time it is. | 把手表留下 |
| [28:55] | We want to keep him disoriented. | 这样一来他就不知道时间了 |
| [28:58] | That shouldn’t be too hard. | 我们要让他失去判断力 |
| [29:01] | How you doin’? | 对付他还不够简单 你怎么样 |
| [29:05] | What’s the matter? Father got your tongue? | 怎么了 |
| [29:10] | I brought you a gift. | 神父扯断你舌头了? |
| [29:13] | You remember the Amanda Clark case. | 给你带了份礼物 |
| [29:16] | Remember her parents? | 还记得Amanda Clark的案子吧 |
| [29:18] | And the promise that you made? | 还记得她的父母吗 |
| [29:21] | Maybe you remember this. | 还记得你对他们的承诺吗 |
| [29:23] | What was done to her. | 可能你还记得这个 |
| [29:26] | It wasn’t him. | 他们对她做的一切 |
| [29:28] | Monk, we’ve got an eyewitness. | 不是他干的 |
| [29:30] | He was seen attacking her. She was 22 years old. | 听着 |
| [29:34] | It couldn’t have been him. | 我们有目击证人 有人看到他攻击她 |
| [29:37] | As Father says, we don’t hate our enemies, | 她才22岁 不可能是他 |
| [29:40] | we pity them. | 神父说过 我们宽以待敌 |
| [29:43] | Well, it looks like your Father pitied this poor girl to death. | 我们同情他们 看起来你的神父把这个女孩同情死了 |
| [29:46] | I pity you, Leland. | 我同情你 |
| [29:51] | Leland ♪ Father please protect me ♪ | |
| [29:56] | ♪ Father please… ♪ | 神父 请您庇佑我 |
| [29:58] | Hey, Monk. | 神父 |
| [30:03] | Monk! | 请您… |
| [30:21] | Well, uh… | 嘿 Monk |
| [30:23] | Guess I’m up. | 那么… |
| [30:33] | Let’s do it. | 我猜该我上了 |
| [30:43] | Hey, Monk, how’s it going’? | 来吧 嘿 |
| [30:45] | Hello, Randy. | Monk 好啊 |
| [30:48] | Listen, I just uh… | 你还 Randy |
| [30:50] | have a couple of things to say about this so-called Father of yours… | 听着 我只是… |
| [30:56] | I think the guy’s a joke. | 对你所谓的神父 我有几句话要说… |
| [30:58] | I mean, have you read this? | 我想这家伙就是个笑柄 |
| [31:00] | Have you? | 你读过这个吗 你呢 |
| [31:02] | ♪ Father please correct me ♪ | 神父 请您庇佑我 |
| [31:06] | Oh, God, he’s singing again. | 天啊 又唱 |
| [31:07] | That’s not Monk. | 天啊 又唱 |
| [31:09] | It’s okay. I’ll take care of it. | 那不是Monk在唱 |
| [31:13] | ♪ Father please mend me ♪ | 没事 |
| [31:18] | ♪ Father please correct me ♪ | 我来搞定 |
| [31:20] | Randy? | 神父 |
| [31:23] | Randy? | 请您指点我 |
| [31:27] | Randy! | 神父 |
| [31:28] | Thank you, Randy. | 请您指点我 |
| [31:29] | We’ll meet you back in the living room. | 谢谢 Randy |
| [31:31] | Thank you, really. Nice, nice job. | 先回客厅吧 谢谢你 |
| [31:34] | Good work. Thank you, Randy. | 真的 干得好 |
| [31:37] | Thanks for coming. | 干得好 谢谢 |
| [31:41] | I uh… should go to the bank. | Randy 谢谢 我… |
| [31:43] | Hm. | 应该去一趟银行 |
| [31:46] | Someone wanna keep an eye on Randy? | 有人能看着Randy吗 |
| [31:51] | – I’m not afraid of you. – Good. | 我不怕你 |
| [31:52] | No reason to be. | 很好 |
| [31:54] | Can I sit down? | 没什么好怕的 |
| [31:59] | The Siblings of the Sun. | 我能坐下吗 太阳同胞 |
| [32:01] | You know, I had some dealings with them. | 你知道吗 我曾经和他们打过交道 |
| [32:03] | About three years ago, | 大概三年前 |
| [32:04] | they tried to recruit Harold Krenshaw, | 他们想招募Harold Krenshaw |
| [32:07] | but Harold was too smart for them. | 但是对他们来说 |
| [32:13] | Nice try, doc. | Harold太机灵了 |
| [32:15] | I know all your tricks. | 很好 |
| [32:18] | Psychiatry was invented by the devil. | 医生 |
| [32:21] | Really? Hm. | 我知道你所有的把戏 |
| [32:23] | See, I-I didn’t know that. | 精神病治疗法是恶魔发明的 真的吗 |
| [32:25] | That is not just my opinion. | 我还不知道呢 |
| [32:27] | – That’s a fact. – A fact? | 这不只是我一人的看法 -这是事实 |
| [32:29] | Like… Like all the facts in this book. | -事实? 就像这书里的所有事实 |
| [32:33] | Like… Oh, uh… | 就像… |
| [32:35] | “Money begets envy. Envy is the root of all evil.” | “金钱招致嫉妒 |
| [32:39] | – You believe that? – If it’s in the book. | 嫉妒是邪恶之源” 你相信吗 |
| [32:42] | ‘Cause the Father doesn’t believe it. | 只要是书里写的 可是神父却不相信 |
| [32:45] | He’s worth 20 million bucks. | 他可是身家价值两千万啊 |
| [32:48] | He lives in a cabin. | |
| [32:50] | He has seven other houses. | 他住在小木屋里 |
| [32:53] | Adrian… They did a… | 他还有7所不同的房子 |
| [32:56] | an exposé on him last year. | 去年… |
| [32:58] | See, now, this here | 他们将他曝光 |
| [33:00] | is a little shack in the Cayman Islands. | 看看 |
| [33:04] | He owns parking lots, karate schools, | 这个 Cayman群岛上的小屋 |
| [33:06] | a cable news channel. | 他拥有停车场 空手道学校 |
| [33:08] | Looks like your Messiah’s been a pretty busy guy. | 有线新闻频道 看起来你的救世主还真忙啊 |
| [33:13] | He’s using you, Adrian. | 他在利用你 Adrian |
| [33:15] | That’s what he does. That’s all he does. | 这才是他的真正行为 |
| [33:23] | I love him. | 他所有的行为 |
| [33:25] | He’s taught me what love really means. | 我热爱他 |
| [33:29] | Hm. That’s funny. | 他教会了我爱的真谛 |
| [33:32] | That’s what you used to say about Trudy. | 真好笑 |
| [33:36] | I wonder what she would say if she were here. | 你以前这么说Trudy 要是她还在 |
| [33:43] | She’s not here. | 不知道她会怎么说 |
| [33:49] | Father’s here. | 她不在了 神父在这儿 |
| [33:51] | Hmm. | 那么我猜 |
| [33:53] | Well, then I guess… | 我们就可以这丢掉 |
| [33:57] | we can just throw this out, right? | 对吗 等等 |
| [34:14] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
| [34:20] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
| [34:53] | Trudy. | 等等 等等 |
| [34:58] | Welcome back. | 等等 |
| [35:07] | Your beeper. | 欢迎回来 |
| [35:08] | Yeah, sorry. | 你的BP机 |
| [35:09] | Doctors have to carry them. | 对不起 |
| [35:17] | You’re all right? | 医生必须带这东西 |
| [35:19] | I think I just solved the case. | 你没事吧 |
| [35:33] | Mr. Donovan. | 我想案子破了 |
| [35:35] | – Hello, again. – Captain Stottlemeyer. | Donovan先生 又见面了 |
| [35:37] | Sorry to bother you, sir. | Stottlemeyer队长 |
| [35:39] | I’m not. I’m not sorry at all. | 抱歉打扰你 先生 |
| [35:41] | W… What’s going on? Is there any news? | 我可不觉得抱歉 一点都不 |
| [35:43] | You remember Adrian Monk? | 出…出什么事了 有什么消息吗 |
| [35:44] | He just spent five days with Ralph Roberts | 还记得Adrian Monk吧 |
| [35:47] | at the Sibling ranch. | 他刚刚和Ralph Roberts一起待了五天 |
| [35:49] | Oh, good. What did you learn? | 在那个农场 很好 你学到了什么 |
| [35:50] | Two things: | 很好 你学到了什么 两件事 |
| [35:51] | People don’t like being stopped at the airport, | 两件事 机场的人们不喜欢被拦住 |
| [35:53] | and you’re hiding something. | 你有所隐瞒 |
| [35:55] | You killed her. Didn’t you? | 你有所隐瞒 |
| [35:58] | John? | 你才是凶手 |
| [35:59] | Is everything all right? | 对吗 |
| [36:00] | I… I’m not sure. | 出什么事了 |
| [36:02] | My wife Susan. These men are with the police. | 我不太确定 |
| [36:04] | They just accused me of murdering that poor girl. | 我的妻子 Susan |
| [36:06] | What? | 他们是警察 指控我谋杀了那个可怜的姑娘 |
| [36:07] | You must be joking. Everyone knows who killed her. | 什么 开玩笑的吧 |
| [36:10] | It was that wack-job. That cult leader. | 人人都知道谁才是凶手 是那个怪人 |
| [36:11] | I thought so too, ma’am. We all did, but that wack-job | 是那个怪人 那个异教头子 我也曾这么认为 夫人 我们都是如此 |
| [36:14] | was definitely 140 miles away in his cabin | 但是案发当晚那个怪人在他的小木屋里 |
| [36:16] | on the night of the murder. | |
| [36:18] | We know that Father was there, because he wasn’t alone. | 离案发地140英里 我们之所以知道 |
| [36:20] | I remembered something. | 是因为当晚他不是一个人 |
| [36:22] | One of the cult kids, Brother Zack, | 我记得一些事 异教里的一员 Zack兄弟 |
| [36:24] | said he was sitting outside the cabin all night. | 说他整晚都坐在木屋外 |
| [36:27] | He said he heard a microwave beeping from inside. | 他说他听到屋里微波炉的嘟嘟声 |
| [36:30] | What the hell are you talking about? | |
| [36:32] | I was in that cabin. | 你到底在说什么 |
| [36:33] | There are a couple of lamps. | 我去过那件小木屋 |
| [36:35] | There’s a hot plate. | 屋里有两盏灯 有个电炉 |
| [36:36] | There is no microwave oven. | 有个电炉 却没有微波炉 |
| [36:37] | What the boy heard was a beeper. | 却没有微波炉 那孩子听到的嘟嘟声 |
| [36:39] | It belonged to a doctor, making a house call. | 其实是到访医生的BP机发出的声音 |
| [36:43] | Father has trouble bending down | 神父弯不了腰 |
| [36:45] | and that explains the plastic cap | 这也正好解释了我在地板上 |
| [36:47] | I found on the floor: It was from a syringe. | 捡到的一个塑料盖帽 |
| [36:49] | Father has a bad back. | 那是注射器上的 神父的后背不好 |
| [36:51] | It’s a big secret, of course. | 当然 这是个大秘密 |
| [36:54] | He’s supposed to be the eternal one, | 他应该是永生的 |
| [36:55] | who never gets sick. | 他应该是永生的 |
| [36:57] | He even built a secret door in the wall | 从不生病 他甚至在墙上开了个密门 |
| [37:01] | so that doctors could go in and out | 以便医生进出 |
| [37:03] | without being noticed. | |
| [37:05] | I remembered seeing a ridge in the dirt behind his cabin | 而不会被发现 |
| [37:08] | We found the doctor. | 我记得在小木屋后的地上 看到一个开门的痕迹 |
| [37:10] | He’s an osteopathic surgeon named Wesserman. | 我们找到了医生 是一名整骨疗法医生 名叫Wesserman |
| [37:12] | He goes to the ranch once a week | 他一周去一次农场 |
| [37:14] | to give Father a Cortisone shot. | 他一周去一次农场 |
| [37:16] | See, Father has a beautiful alibi | 为神父注射可的松 |
| [37:17] | that he can’t tell anybody. | 神父有完美的不在场证据 但却不能告诉任何人 |
| [37:19] | Okay, so maybe it isn’t this man, | 但却不能告诉任何人 好吧 就算不是他干的 |
| [37:21] | this… this Father person. | 这个…神父 |
| [37:22] | That doesn’t mean that Tom was involved. | 这个…神父 这也不能说明Tom与案子有关 |
| [37:24] | Your husband swore that he saw Father | 这也不能说明Tom与案子有关 |
| [37:27] | at that rest stop. | 你丈夫发誓 他在休息站见到了神父 |
| [37:28] | He picked Father out of a lineup twice. | 他还两次指认了神父 |
| [37:30] | Now, if Father wasn’t there, | |
| [37:32] | that means your husband is lying and I’d like to know why. | 假如神父不在那儿 也就说明你丈夫在撒谎 |
| [37:34] | Okay, this is ludicrous. My husband is a hero. | 我很想知道为什么 |
| [37:37] | He tried to save that woman. | 真是荒唐 我丈夫是英雄 |
| [37:38] | He drove her to the hospital. Look, look. | 他努力拯救那个姑娘 开车送她去医院 |
| [37:40] | This just came in the mail. I can prove it. | 看看 看看 刚刚寄来的信 |
| [37:43] | It’s a traffic ticket. | 我可以证明 |
| [37:45] | He must have run a red light. | 是交通罚单 |
| [37:46] | They have one of those automatic cameras. | 他肯定闯了红灯 电子摄像头拍到的 |
| [37:48] | That’s him and that’s the girl. | 那是他和那个姑娘 |
| [37:51] | That proves it, right? Yes, ma’am. | 可以证明了吧 |
| [37:56] | I’m afraid it does. | 是的 |
| [37:58] | Where’s the car? | 夫人 恐怕是可以证明了 |
| [38:01] | This is the car you were driving? It hasn’t been cleaned or anything? | 车在哪儿 这是你当时开的车吗 |
| [38:05] | It’s been here all week. It’s a company car. | 还没有清洗过吗 在这儿放了一周了 |
| [38:07] | We were gonna have it cleaned and reupholstered on Monday. | 这是公司的车 |
| [38:11] | Oh, my God. That poor girl. | 我们打算周一送去洗车 并且重装椅面 |
| [38:14] | Could I have that back, please? | 天啊 可怜的孩子 |
| [38:15] | I’m afraid not. | 我能拿回来吗 恐怕不能 |
| [38:17] | This picture is material evidence in a homicide. | 恐怕不能 |
| [38:20] | In fact, I think this is the key | 这张照片就是谋杀案的物证 |
| [38:22] | to the whole case. | 事实上 我想这是破案的关键 |
| [38:23] | This is the motive. This is why you killed her. | 这就是杀人动机 |
| [38:26] | Here’s what I think happened. | 是你为什么要杀人的原因 |
| [38:28] | Amanda Clark was a sex prostitute. | 我想事情是这样的 |
| [38:30] | A what? | Amanda Cark是个性感的妓女 |
| [38:31] | A sex prostitute. | 是什么 |
| [38:33] | As opposed to what? | 性感的妓女 和谁一起 |
| [38:35] | Monk, just keep going. | 和谁一起 |
| [38:37] | You were with her that night. | Monk 说下去 |
| [38:38] | You drove through that intersection. | 那晚你和她在一起 |
| [38:41] | You saw a camera flash. | 你开车经过十字路口 |
| [38:43] | You knew your picture had just been taken. | 看到闪光灯 你知道自己被拍下来了 |
| [38:45] | A picture of you and her. | 照片上有你和她 |
| [38:47] | As you said, it’s a company car, | 如你所说 |
| [38:50] | which meant they’d be sending the ticket here to the office, | 这是公司的车 因此交通罚单会寄到办公室 |
| [38:53] | which meant your wife would see it, | 你的妻子会看到这张照片 |
| [38:54] | and she would not be happy. | 她不会开心的 |
| [38:56] | You got that right. | 她不会开心的 |
| [38:58] | Somehow, you were gonna have to explain this photograph. | 没错 无论如何 |
| [39:01] | Amanda must have told you about her past, | 你要想办法解释 Amanda肯定和你提到了她的过去 |
| [39:04] | about her life in the cult. | 她在异教的生活 |
| [39:06] | You realized you could kill her | 于是你意识到你可以杀了她 |
| [39:08] | and blame it on the whacked-out cult leader. | 再诬陷到异教头子身上 |
| [39:11] | He was the perfect fall guy. | |
| [39:13] | Everybody knew Amanda was afraid of him. | 他可是头完美的替罪羊 |
| [39:15] | That’s it? | 人人都知道Amanda怕他 |
| [39:16] | That’s just a story. Where is your proof? | 就这样? |
| [39:19] | This isn’t proof. | 这只是你的故事 证据呢 |
| [39:21] | It’s not even a good picture. It’s all dark, it’s all grainy. | 这不是证据 拍得不清不楚 |
| [39:23] | – You can’t see anything. – You can see the seatbelt. | 黑乎乎的 而且模糊 |
| [39:27] | She was wearing a seatbelt. | 什么都看不清楚 你看看安全带 |
| [39:28] | So what? | 她系着安全带 |
| [39:30] | She was dying. | 那又怎样 她快死了 |
| [39:31] | I put her in my car, I buckled her seatbelt. | 她快死了 我把她抱进车里 给她系上安全带 |
| [39:33] | You’re saying this photograph was taken | 你说这张照片是在她遇刺后 你开车送她上医院的路上拍的 |
| [39:35] | on the way to the hospital | 你说这张照片是在她遇刺后 |
| [39:36] | after she was attacked? | 你开车送她上医院的路上拍的 |
| [39:37] | That’s right. | 没错 |
| [39:39] | This woman was stabbed ten times. | 没错 |
| [39:41] | She was bleeding all over the seat. | 她身中10刀 座位上到处都是血 |
| [39:44] | That’s right. | 没错 |
| [39:45] | So this seatbelt, | 没错 |
| [39:48] | the seatbelt she was wearing in this photograph, | 那安全带呢 照片上她系着安全带 |
| [39:51] | should be covered in blood, am I right? | 那安全带上也应该沾有血迹 |
| [40:03] | That’s gonna be hard to explain. | 对吗 |
| [40:06] | I’d say impossible. | 这可不好解释 |
| [40:08] | Mr. Donovan, you’re under arrest. | 是不能解释 |
| [40:10] | Come with me, please, sir. | Donovan 你被捕了 |
| [40:21] | Be careful with the bags. | 跟我走 先生 |
| [40:22] | You’re crushing everything. | 小心袋子 |
| [40:24] | – Don’t squeeze too hard. – Mr. Monk, they’re heavy. | 你把东西都压碎了 |
| [40:26] | Well, why didn’t you make two trips? | 别太压了 Monk |
| [40:33] | Brother Adrian! | 很重呢 那你为什么不分两次买呢 |
| [40:35] | It’s okay. | Adrian兄弟 |
| [40:37] | I just wanted to thank you in person. | 没事 |
| [40:39] | You cleared my name, brother. | 我只是想亲自向你道谢 |
| [40:40] | You answered my prayers, | 你洗脱了我的嫌疑 兄弟 |
| [40:41] | you lifted my burden like the angel Gabriel. | 你回应了我的祈祷 卸下我的重负 |
| [40:46] | I have some sherbet here. | 就像Gabriel (七大天使之一,上帝向人类传送好消息的使者) |
| [40:47] | It’s gonna melt. | 我买了些果汁牛奶冻 快要化了 |
| [40:48] | Would you like to come home? | 我买了些果汁牛奶冻 |
| [40:52] | No, th… No, thank you. | 快要化了 想回家吗 |
| [40:55] | Well, just think about it. | 不 不 谢谢 |
| [40:56] | In the meantime, | 再想想 |
| [40:58] | if there is anything I can do for you. | 与此同时 |
| [41:00] | Anything at all. | 如果我能帮你做任何事 |
| [41:02] | Just say the word. | 不管什么事 |
| [41:04] | There is something. | 尽管开口 |
| [41:06] | Name it. Anything. | 有件事 |
| [41:07] | Your shoelace is untied. | 说吧 |
| [41:12] | My shoelace? | 什么事都行 你的鞋带松了 |
| [41:13] | I’d like you to bend down and tie your shoe. | 我的鞋带? |
| [41:16] | Right now, in front of your children, | 我想请你弯腰 系鞋带 |
| [41:19] | I want you to bend down, | 就现在 |
| [41:21] | and tie your shoe. | 当着你孩子们的面 我想让你弯腰 |
| [41:23] | Can you do that for me? | 系鞋带 |
| [41:26] | Maybe a little Cortisone shot would help. | 你能答应我吗 |
| [41:29] | Or we could call Dr. Wesserman, right? | 注射点可的松或许能管用 |
| [41:32] | Dr. Seth Wesserman of Sausalito. | 或者我们打电话给Wesserman医生? |
| [41:35] | He’s been treating Father for years. | Sausalito的Seth Wesserman医生 |
| [41:37] | Call him. | 他一直为神父治病 好几年了 |
| [41:39] | The more you know, the less you don’t know. | 打给他 |
| [41:43] | Isn’t that right? | 知道的越多 不知道的越少 |
| [41:47] | So long, Pops. | 不是吗 |
| [41:50] | We sure showed him. | 再见 老爹 |
| [41:51] | We sure did. You did good, boss. | 我们给了他点颜色看看 |
| [41:53] | Oh, my God! | 当然 你做得很好 老板 |
| [41:54] | Did you stop that check? | 你做得很好 老板 哦 天啊 |
| [41:55] | Yeah, I already called the bank. | 你把那张支票停了吗 |
| [41:59] | We sure showed him, huh? | 是的 已经打电话给银行了 |
| [42:00] | We sure did. | 我们给了他点颜色看看 |
| [42:01] | You did good. You did really, really good. | 我们给了他点颜色看看 当然 你做得很好 真的真的很好 |