时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Mr. Bennie. | |
[00:12] | English. English! | 英语 英语 |
[00:14] | Learn English! | 学英语 |
[00:16] | My three-year-old nephew can speak it and he’s an idiot. | 学英语 我三岁大的白痴侄子都能说英语 |
[00:19] | How hard can it be? | 这能有多难 |
[00:20] | Set traps on your way out. | 这能有多难 出去的时候布置机关 |
[00:22] | Set traps. | 布置机关 |
[00:25] | You don’t like traps. | 你不喜欢机关 |
[00:28] | Well, of course it can kill someone. | 当然这能要人性命 |
[00:29] | That’s the whole point. | 当然这能要人性命 这就是关键所在 |
[00:30] | If somebody breaks in here, somebody tries to rob from me, | 这就是关键所在 如果有人擅自闯入 想要打劫我 |
[00:32] | they get what’s comin’ to ’em! | 他们是自找死路 |
[00:34] | That’s how we do things. | |
[00:36] | Listen, when you’re an American, | 这就是我们的方法 听着 当你变成美国人 |
[00:38] | you’ll understand. | 你就会明白了 |
[01:17] | Okay. | |
[01:19] | Okay, don’t do anything stupid. | 好的 好的 可别犯傻啊 |
[01:25] | Not much of a talker, huh? | 你不怎么说话嘛 |
[01:26] | Don’t take another step, I’m warning you, | 你不怎么说话嘛 别再往前 我警告你 |
[01:28] | not one more step. | 别再往前 |
[01:37] | I tried to tell you. | 我警告过你了 |
[01:39] | Nobody listens to me. | 可就是没人听我的 |
[02:49] | Do you love your job? | 你喜欢你的工作吗 |
[02:51] | Do I love my job? | 我喜欢我的工作吗 |
[02:54] | Yeah… No, not all the time. | 不 有时候不 |
[02:56] | But most of the time, yeah, I love my job. | 但大多数时间里是的 我喜欢我的工作 |
[02:58] | – Why, what’s going on? – I just came from court. | 为什么 怎么了 |
[03:01] | They convicted that David Grisham. | 我刚去过法庭 David Grisham被判有罪 |
[03:03] | Oh. Yeah, right. I remember him. | 哦 是的 我记得他 |
[03:05] | He strangled his wife. | 他勒死了他的妻子 |
[03:07] | Well… congratulations. | 恭喜了 |
[03:11] | It used to make me feel great. | 以前这让我感觉很好 |
[03:14] | But today, all I could think was, | 可是今天 我脑子里一直在想 |
[03:16] | so what? | 这又如何 |
[03:18] | This creep’s going away. | 这又如何 |
[03:20] | There’s ten other creeps out there ready to take his place. | 这家伙被抓了 可是有更多的”他”站起来 |
[03:22] | What good am I doing? | 时刻准备前仆后继 我这样做又有什么用呢 |
[03:24] | Oh, I’m sure the families of the victim appreciate your work, | 我肯定受害者家人很感激你 |
[03:27] | and the people of San Francisco… | |
[03:29] | Oh, blah blah, blah blah blah… | 而且旧金山的人们也会… |
[03:31] | All right, all right, Adrian. Adrian. | |
[03:33] | I understand. Now, you’re feeling unfulfilled. | 好的 好的 Adrian Adrian 我理解你的心情 |
[03:35] | It’s all the same. | 现在你感觉无力 |
[03:36] | Crime scene, witness, suspect, question, answer… | 日复一日 犯罪现场 目击证人 嫌疑犯 审讯 招供… |
[03:39] | Okay, this… this is perfectly normal, Adrian. | 这相当正常 Adrian |
[03:41] | No job can completely satisfy anyone. | 没有工作能够十全十美 |
[03:44] | There is more to life than just working… | 令人完全满意 生活不只是工作 |
[03:47] | – I know that. – Let me finish. | – 我知道 – 听我说完 |
[03:48] | – Or cleaning. | |
[03:51] | Oh. | 我知道 – |
[03:52] | Maybe you should take up a hobby. | 听我说完 |
[03:55] | Hobby? | 或者清理 或许你应该培养个爱好 |
[03:56] | Yeah. Outside of work. | 爱好? 是啊 工作以外的 |
[03:58] | A creative outlet to express yourself. | 能够纾解自我的独创性方法 |
[04:00] | – Hobby? – Yes, a hobby. | |
[04:02] | It’s great therapy. | – 爱好? – 是的 爱好 |
[04:04] | You know, I recently took up ballroom dancing. | 这是个不错的治疗法 |
[04:08] | Good for you. | 你知道的 我最近爱上了跳国标 |
[04:09] | Yeah, well. | 不错嘛 是啊 |
[04:11] | Unfortunately, Madeline… | 是啊 不幸的是 Madeline… |
[04:12] | She doesn’t love it as much as I do, | 不幸的是 Madeline… 她不像我一样喜欢跳舞 |
[04:14] | so a lot of the time when I go to class, | 她不像我一样喜欢跳舞 所以经常我去上课时 却找不到舞伴 |
[04:15] | I don’t have a partner. | 所以经常我去上课时 |
[04:23] | I’m not gonna dance with you, Dr. Kroger. | 却找不到舞伴 |
[04:25] | Don’t… | 我不会和你共舞的 Kroger医生 |
[04:26] | Don’t make me dance with you, Dr. Kroger. | 别… 别让我和你共舞 Kroger医生 |
[04:28] | No. No, Adrian, I am not suggesting… | 不 不 Adrian 我不是… |
[04:30] | I can’t dance with you, Dr. Kroger. | 我不能和你共舞 Kroger医生 |
[04:32] | I didn’t ask you to dance with me, Adrian. | 我没有请求你和我共舞 Adrian |
[04:33] | I was talking about a different hobby. | 我说的是不同的爱好 |
[04:35] | – | – Not dancing. – Not dancing! |
[04:38] | Not dancing. | 不是跳舞 |
[04:44] | Nothing personal. | – 不是跳舞 |
[04:47] | Hobby? | 不是跳舞 和个人无关 |
[04:48] | I think that’s a great idea. | 爱好? |
[04:50] | I’m sure you do. | 我认为这主意不错 |
[04:51] | What about collecting rocks? You love rocks. | 你当然这么认为 |
[04:53] | Dr. Kroger says rocks don’t count. | 收集岩石怎么样 |
[04:55] | It has to be creative. | 你喜欢岩石 Kroger医生说岩石不算 |
[04:57] | I’m supposed to be expressing myself. | 必须要有独创性 我应该自我纾解 |
[04:59] | All right, why don’t you write a book, like a novel? | 好的 你可以写书啊 |
[05:01] | – About what? – I don’t know. | 比如小说 写什么 |
[05:03] | Well, what would it be called? | 我不知道 |
[05:05] | I mean, who would be in it? | 书名叫什么 我是说 书里要写谁 |
[05:06] | What would they say? What would the other people say? | 我是说 书里要写谁 写什么事 其他人会怎么说 |
[05:08] | – Okay, forget about the novel. – Okay. | 好吧 当我没说过 |
[05:10] | Oh, God. | 好吧 |
[05:12] | You all right? | 哦 天啊 你没事吧 |
[05:13] | Why are people always killing people | 你没事吧 |
[05:14] | in places like this? | 为什么人们总是在这种地方杀人呢 |
[05:16] | I don’t know, Mr. Monk. But I’ll see what I can do. | 我不知道 |
[05:18] | Monk. Ms. Teeger. | Monk先生 但我会看看能做些什么 |
[05:19] | Thank you for coming. | Monk Teeger夫人 |
[05:21] | I know this isn’t exactly your, uh, venue of choice. | 谢谢你们赶来 我知道这不是你们的工作范围 |
[05:23] | Yeah, what’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[05:25] | Ah, it could be nothing. | 出什么事了 应该没什么 |
[05:26] | It’s probably nothing. | 应该没什么 可能没什么 |
[05:27] | That’s the owner. His name’s Bennie Wentworth. | 可能没什么 |
[05:30] | He’s owned this place for 20 years. | 那个是屋主 叫Bennie |
[05:32] | He is a piece of work. | Wentworth 他在这儿已经20年了 |
[05:34] | Two tours of duty in Vietnam, | 他可是个硬角色 当兵到过越南两次 |
[05:35] | Special Forces, counter-insurgency. | 当兵到过越南两次 |
[05:38] | He’s an expert in booby traps. | 反叛乱中的特种部队 |
[05:40] | Booby traps. | 是个设机关的高手 |
[05:41] | Yeah, he’s got an assistant named, uh, Hector, | 机关 是啊 |
[05:43] | uh, something. | 他有个助手 叫Hector… |
[05:44] | He set these traps every night, so they’re all over the yard. | 某某 |
[05:47] | Don’t touch anything. | 他每晚都布置机关 这周围到处都是 |
[05:48] | Yeah, don’t worry, I won’t. | 什么都别碰 |
[05:51] | So who is he? | 别担心 我不会碰的 |
[05:53] | So far, he’s a nobody. No I.D., no wallet. | 他是谁 |
[05:55] | He cut through the fence around 5:00 a.m. | 至今为止 还是个无名氏 |
[05:57] | Well… which car was his? | 身份不明 没有钱包 |
[06:00] | No car. Well, not that we found. | 在大约凌晨5点穿过栅栏 那…哪辆车是他的 |
[06:03] | So he breaks in, he steps on this tripwire… | 没车 我们还没找到 |
[06:07] | Right, which was tied to the shotgun, | 那么他闯进来 一脚踩在拉发线上 |
[06:10] | took both barrels. | 没错 拉发线连接着散弹猎枪 |
[06:11] | Wait, is that legal? | 中了两枪 等等 这合法吗 |
[06:12] | That’s not for me to decide. The D.A.’s working on it. | 等等 |
[06:15] | Oh, oh, booby trap! | 这合法吗 不由我决定 |
[06:17] | Randy! Randy! | 这是地区检察官的事 哦 |
[06:19] | – Randy! – Ooh! | 哦 机关 |
[06:21] | It’s not a booby trap. It’s a spider’s web. | – 哦 不是什么机关 |
[06:23] | What’s going on? Did you break this? | 是蜘蛛网 出什么事了 是你弄坏的吗 |
[06:26] | Uh… sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:28] | You break it, you bought it. That’s the rules. | 弄坏了就得买下来 这是规矩 |
[06:30] | It’s a junkyard. How do you know if something’s broken? | 这是废品场 |
[06:32] | I know. I can tell, look. | 你怎么知道原本是好是坏 我就是知道 |
[06:34] | This wheel is all bent. 40 bucks. | 我能感觉 瞧瞧 |
[06:37] | 40 bucks, no way. | 这个车轮都弯了 40块 |
[06:38] | Mr. Wentworth. | 40块 没门 |
[06:39] | This is Adrian Monk and Natalie Teeger. | Wentworth先生 这位是Adrian Monk |
[06:41] | They’re helping us out. | 这位是Natalie Teeger 他们是来帮忙的 |
[06:42] | I was wondering, could you go over the whole thing again, please? | 他们是来帮忙的 我想 你能再讲一遍吗 |
[06:45] | Go over what? | 再讲一遍什么 |
[06:46] | The guy was on my property, he tried to rip me off, | 再讲一遍什么 这家伙闯进我的地盘 |
[06:48] | he got what was comin’ to him, end of story! | 想要偷东西 他是咎由自取 |
[06:50] | I’ll tell you what, give me 20 bucks, we’ll forget the whole thing. | 就是这样 我告诉你 |
[06:53] | I’m not paying for it. | 给我20块 这事就完了 |
[06:55] | What was he doing here, Mr. Wentworth? What do you think he was after? | 我不会付钱的 他在这儿做什么 Wentworth先生 |
[06:57] | I don’t know. | 你觉得他想偷什么 我怎么知道 |
[06:58] | Oh, maybe he needed a carburetor. | 我怎么知道 |
[07:00] | People need carburetors. | 或许他需要一个汽化器 |
[07:01] | He was wearing a $2,000 suit. | 地球人都需要汽化器 |
[07:03] | And those are Italian shoes. | 他穿着2000美元的西服 |
[07:05] | I think he could afford a carburetor. | 皮鞋是意大利的 我想他买得起汽化器 |
[07:06] | Maybe he stole the suit. That’s possible, isn’t it? | 我想他买得起汽化器 说不定西服也是偷来的 |
[07:09] | Maybe he stole the shoes! Maybe he was on a spree! | 这不是没可能 对吧 或许皮鞋也是偷的 或许他在作乐 |
[07:12] | Suit, shoes, and a carburetor. | 西服 |
[07:14] | What kind of spree is that? | 皮鞋 汽化器 |
[07:16] | I don’t know. Uh, an eclectic spree. | 什么样的作乐 |
[07:19] | Do you have any enemies? | 我不知道 或许什么都有 |
[07:20] | None that I can think of. | 你有什么敌人吗 我想不到 |
[07:21] | Except for this guy, the bicycle thief. | 我想不到 除了这家伙 这个偷车贼 |
[07:23] | Ten bucks. No. | – 10块 – 不行 |
[07:24] | Okay, five bucks. Final offer. | – 10块 – 不行 好吧 5块 不能再少了 |
[07:27] | Randy, give him five bucks. | Randy 给他5块 |
[07:28] | Fine. | Randy 给他5块 好吧 |
[07:30] | I wonder what happened to his partner. | 我在想他的搭档怎么了 |
[07:32] | What partner? | |
[07:33] | It’s a dirt road out there. | 什么搭档 |
[07:35] | Very little dust on his shoes. | 外面的路可不干净 可是他的鞋底上灰尘却很少 |
[07:39] | Somebody must have dropped him off. | 肯定有人载他到这儿的 |
[07:41] | Maybe they took off when they heard the gunshots. Secure the road. | 或许他们听到枪响就跑掉了 |
[07:45] | Tell the crime scene techs to check for tire tracks. | 封锁道路 |
[07:48] | Yes, sir. | 通知犯罪现场调查员检查轮胎印 |
[07:50] | Randy. | 是的 长官 |
[07:52] | Your bike. | 你的自行车 |
[08:02] | Hey, Mr. Monk. | |
[08:04] | – How about painting? – Painting… | 嘿 Monk先生 |
[08:06] | That’s a hobby. I bet you’d love it. | – 画画怎么样 – 画画… 那个爱好啊 我猜你一定会喜欢 |
[08:08] | You’re a very visual person. | 你是个观察力非常细致的人 |
[08:10] | I am? | |
[08:11] | You’re a painter? | 我是吗 |
[08:12] | I got everything you need right here. | 你是画家吗 我这儿有你需要的一切 |
[08:14] | I just picked these up. | 这些都是我刚刚捡的 |
[08:16] | I got a whole starting kit, good as new. | 这些都是我刚刚捡的 我有一整套绘画工具 完好如新 |
[08:18] | I’ll throw in these canvases! | 我还免费赠送画布 |
[08:20] | The whole shebang. $50.00. | 所有的东西 |
[08:24] | I don’t know. | 只要50块 |
[08:25] | Painting. I don’t think it’s for me. | 我不知道 我觉得画画不适合我 |
[08:28] | – I’ll pay for it. – Okay. | -我来付钱 -好吧 |
[09:52] | Mr. Monk, I have to pick up Julie soon. | Monk先生 一会我要去接Julie |
[10:04] | You’re supposed to mix the colors. | 你应该调色才对 |
[10:05] | – I can’t. – Okay. | 你应该调色才对 -我不能 |
[10:07] | Don’t mix the colors. | -好吧 那就别调色 |
[10:10] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[10:11] | I’m washing the brush. I got paint on it. | 你在做什么 我在洗画笔 有颜料沾在上面了 |
[10:12] | No, there’s supposed to be paint… | 不 应该… |
[10:14] | Mr. Monk, what… Why don’t you… | Monk先生 为…为什么 |
[10:16] | Why don’t you… take an art class? | Monk先生 为…为什么 |
[10:18] | You know, just to learn the… the basic techniques. | 为什么你不去上绘画课呢 学学绘画的基本技巧 |
[10:20] | There’s a community college five blocks away. | 5街区以外就有个社区学院 |
[10:22] | I’ll… I’ll sign you up. | 5街区以外就有个社区学院 |
[10:23] | No. No, I don’t need a class. | 我去给你报名 不 不 |
[10:26] | I’m fine. I’m good, just… | 我不需要上课 我很好 很好 只是… |
[10:28] | Here’s we go. Let’s go. | 开始吧 |
[10:38] | I’m thinking yellow… | 我们开始吧 |
[10:39] | Yellow would be good. | 我想黄色… 黄色很好 |
[10:44] | It dripped. | 滴下来了 |
[10:46] | Here, hold that. Just grab the other side… | 滴下来了 拿着 抓着另一边 |
[10:48] | No no no no, Mr. Monk, it’s fine, it’s fine. | 不 不 不 Monk先生 这很好 |
[10:49] | You’ve already thrown away three dropcloths. | 不 不 不 Monk先生 这很好 你已经扔了三条罩单了 |
[10:51] | It’s supposed to be messy. You know, it’s part of the fun. | 你已经扔了三条罩单了 画画要的就是脏乱 |
[10:53] | – This was a bad idea. – No, it’s not. | 你知道吗 这是乐趣所在 -真是个馊主意 -不 是个好主意 |
[10:55] | You’re doing good, you’re doing good. | -真是个馊主意 -不 是个好主意 |
[10:56] | Just… don’t think so much. | 你做得很好 你做得很好 只是别想太多 |
[10:58] | – Don’t think. – So much. | -别想 -太多 |
[11:00] | Don’t think. Don’t think. | 别想 |
[11:04] | Don’t think. Don’t think. | 别想 |
[11:10] | So much. | 太多 |
[11:18] | Don’t think. | 别想 |
[11:26] | Oh, look what I did. It’s terrible. | 看看我画的 |
[11:29] | – What? – It’s just… | 太恐怖了 |
[11:31] | No, no, no, no, no, don’t start over. | – 什么 – 只是… 不 不 不 不要重画 |
[11:32] | No, no, no. I like it, it’s good. | 不 不 不 不要重画 不 不 不 我喜欢 很好 |
[11:33] | – I like it. – No, it’s bad. | 不 不 不 我喜欢 很好 -我喜欢 -不 太糟糕了 |
[11:34] | I messed it up. You told me not to think! | -我喜欢 -不 太糟糕了 我搞砸了 你说过别想的 |
[11:36] | No, it’s good. | 不 这很好 |
[11:37] | It’s… It’s flat. It’s flat! | 不 这很好 |
[11:45] | Thank you. | 这是平的 平的 |
[11:46] | I’m calling the school. You’re taking the class. | 谢谢 |
[11:51] | Mr. Bennie. | 我去打电话给学校 |
[11:53] | Buenos días. | 你要去上课 |
[12:04] | Mr. Bennie. | Bennie先生 |
[12:07] | Mr. Bennie… ¿qué hace? | Bennie先生 |
[12:09] | Mr. Bennie. | Bennie先生 |
[12:16] | Ay, dios mío. | 同学们 |
[12:21] | Ay dios mío. People, don’t look at the landscape, | 别看风景 |
[12:36] | feel the landscape. | 用心感受风景 |
[12:37] | Let the landscape | 用心感受风景 |
[12:39] | speak to you. | 让风景与你相通 |
[12:43] | Yes! | |
[12:44] | Angie. I love it. | 很好 Angie 我很喜欢 |
[12:47] | There’s a wonderful negative energy. | 有一种颓废的美感 同学们 |
[12:50] | People, don’t be afraid. Be fearless. | 别害怕 勇敢作画 |
[12:53] | You are an artist. | 你就是艺术家 |
[12:54] | You are fearless. | 勇敢作画 |
[12:57] | There is no right or wrong here. | 没有对与错 |
[13:06] | I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten your name. | |
[13:07] | – Adrian. | – Adrian. |
[13:09] | Who told you you could draw? | 对不起 我忘了你叫什么 -Adiran |
[13:11] | Natalie. | 谁说过你能画画 |
[13:12] | What are those? | |
[13:14] | Ah, clouds. | 这是什么 哦 云朵 |
[13:18] | That’s how I see it. | 我眼中的云朵 |
[13:19] | Well, you’re seeing it wrong. | 我眼中的云朵 那你看错了 |
[13:21] | You said there was no right or wrong. | 那你看错了 你说过没有对与错 |
[13:24] | Well… | 那么… |
[13:26] | never say that again. | 绝不再说了 |
[13:35] | Oh, this feels familiar. | 感觉很熟悉 |
[13:38] | Monk! | |
[13:39] | Miss Teeger. Welcome back. | Teeger夫人 |
[13:41] | Bet you never thought you’d see this place again. | 欢迎回来 我猜你们没想到会旧地重游吧 |
[13:43] | It’s like a bad dream. | 就像一场噩梦 |
[13:45] | It is, isn’t it? | 就像一场噩梦 的确啊 |
[13:46] | The body’s over there. | 的确啊 尸体在那边 |
[13:48] | I told them not to move the body until you got here. | 尸体在那边 我打过招呼 |
[13:50] | – Where have you been? – Art class. | 在你来以前不能移动尸体 你去哪儿了 |
[13:52] | Oh right, your hobby. How’s that going? | 上艺术课 哦 对啊 你的爱好 怎么样了 |
[13:54] | Mr. Monk drew a beautiful landscape today. | 今天Monk先生画了一张美丽的风景画 |
[13:56] | Did he now? | 是吗 |
[13:57] | Did you put it up on the refrigerator, Mommy? | 是吗 你把它贴在冰箱上吗 妈咪 |
[14:00] | Well, the teacher said it was odious. | 老师说画得很差劲 |
[14:02] | Odious. That doesn’t sound good. | |
[14:03] | Well, I love it. I think he has real talent. | 差劲 这个评价可不怎么好啊 我很喜欢 我觉得他很有天赋 |
[14:05] | I believe in him. | 我相信他 |
[14:07] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[14:08] | Natalie, you remember Bennie Wentworth. | 哦 天啊 Natalie 你还记得Bennie Wentworth吧 |
[14:10] | Yeah, you can still smell the whiskey. | 是啊 还能闻到威士忌的味道 |
[14:12] | Looks like he got plastered | 看起来喝醉了 |
[14:14] | and walked into his own booby trap. | 看起来喝醉了 |
[14:16] | Surprised it didn’t happen years ago. | 走进了自己的机关 |
[14:17] | Yeah, I know. What are the odds, right? | 居然现在才发生这种事 |
[14:19] | Same junkyard, two victims, two nights running? | 是啊 我知道 |
[14:22] | This is wrong. | 这有多大的机率呢 一个废品场 |
[14:25] | I don’t think he died here. | 两名受害者 都是晚上遇害 |
[14:37] | It’s 12 inches, right? | 这不对劲 我想他不是在这儿死的 |
[14:39] | Yeah. | 这是12英寸 |
[14:49] | The knife’s 48 inches off the ground. | 对吗 |
[14:51] | Right. | 是的 |
[15:02] | That’s 54 inches. | 刀离地面48英寸 没错 |
[15:04] | It doesn’t match. | 那是54英寸 |
[15:07] | He was stabbed somewhere else. | 不相符 他是在其他地方遇刺身亡的 |
[15:28] | He was killed here. | 他死在这儿 |
[15:29] | Then moved over there to the booby trap | 然后被移到机关旁 |
[15:31] | to make it look like an accident. | 以造成意外的假象 |
[15:33] | Maybe the guy who drove off last night came back. | 或许是昨晚溜走那家伙又回来了 |
[15:36] | For what? What the hell are they after? | 为什么 他们到底在找什么 |
[15:38] | I don’t know. There’s something here. | 我不知道 这儿肯定有什么东西 |
[15:41] | Something worth dying for, or killing for. | 值得为之送命的东西 |
[15:44] | Here? | 在这儿? |
[15:48] | Hey, what do you got? | 嘿 |
[15:50] | The log book. | 发现什么了 |
[15:53] | Looks like everything… he picked up | 一本日志 记录着他捡到的 |
[15:56] | and everything he sold. | 以及卖掉的所有东西 |
[15:59] | Ooh… | |
[16:01] | Look. | |
[16:02] | The last page is missing. | 看看 |
[16:04] | Who found the body? | 最后一页不见了 |
[16:05] | We got an anonymous call. | 尸体是谁发现的 我们接到一个匿名电话 |
[16:07] | Figured it was, uh, Hector, his assistant. | 我们猜是Hector 他的助手 |
[16:09] | – Is he here? – No, took off. | -他在这儿吗 -不在 跑掉了 |
[16:11] | Probably got scared. No green card. | 或许他吓坏了 而且没有绿卡 |
[16:14] | Maybe he knows what’s on that missing page. | 或许他知道失踪的最后一页上的内容 |
[16:17] | Find him and bring an interpreter. | |
[16:18] | Oh, we don’t need one. I can do it. | 去找他 |
[16:21] | You speak Spanish? | 再找个翻译 |
[16:22] | Yeah. I’m brushing up. Trying to make captain. | 你会说西班牙语? 是啊 我一直在练习 |
[16:24] | – You any good? – Yeah. | 为了升职 -练得怎么样 -还好 |
[16:26] | I’m bueno. | 我很好 |
[16:28] | I’m mucho bueno. | 我很好 我非常好 |
[16:30] | I got a feeling about this and it ain’t bueno. | 我有感觉 他说得不咋地 |
[16:42] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[16:43] | Yes? | Monk先生 |
[16:44] | Adrian Monk, the painter. | 怎么了 Adrian |
[16:49] | Yeah. | Monk 画家 |
[16:51] | Oh, it is you. | 是啊 哦 就是你啊 |
[16:52] | What a great honor, sir. | 我真是太荣幸了 |
[16:54] | Please, can I come in? | 先生 |
[16:57] | Yes. Please. | 请问我能进去吗 是的 |
[17:05] | Ah, the smell of a genius. | 请进 啊 |
[17:08] | This must be your studio, huh? | 天才的味道 这肯定是你的工作室吧 |
[17:11] | Oh, not really a studio… | 哦 实际上不是工作室… |
[17:13] | I’m sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. | 抱歉 我还没有自我介绍 |
[17:16] | Petya Lovak from Rostov, near Moscow. | 我是Petya Lovak |
[17:21] | You’ve been to Russia. | 来自Rostov市 就在莫斯科旁 |
[17:22] | No, I don’t travel much. | 你去过俄罗斯吧 没 我不太旅行 |
[17:24] | Ah, except for up there, I presume. | 我想除了这儿以外吧 |
[17:27] | You’re an art dealer. | 你是艺术商 |
[17:28] | I’m not merely an art dealer. | 我不仅仅是艺术商 |
[17:30] | I’m a connoisseur. I am an enthusiast. | 我还是个艺术品鉴赏家 醉心于艺术 |
[17:33] | And each and every day, I look for new talent. | 每天我都在寻找新的艺术天才 |
[17:37] | Today, I was at the college, and what did I see? | 今天我在学院里 你猜我看到了什么 |
[17:41] | I saw this fantastic landscape you have done. | 我看见你那副美妙的风景画作品 |
[17:45] | Oh… | |
[17:46] | Magnificent! | 壮丽 恢宏 |
[17:47] | It’s a wonderful example of outsider art. | 简直就是界外艺术的杰作 |
[17:51] | Outsider art? | 界外艺术? |
[17:53] | You see, every great moment in history | 界外艺术? 你瞧 历史上的每一个伟大的时刻 |
[17:56] | like cubism, surrealism, | 比如立体派 超现实主义 |
[17:59] | they all began as outsider art. | 它们都是由界外艺术发展而来的 |
[18:04] | Uh, is this some of your work? | 这是你的作品吗 |
[18:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:08] | Do you mind if I, uh… Please? | 是的 |
[18:14] | Ah… I love this. | 你介意我…看看吗 |
[18:21] | Well… | 我喜欢 |
[18:25] | Yeah. | 那… |
[18:26] | Actually, uh… | 是啊 |
[18:31] | It’s a banana. | 事实上… |
[18:33] | It’s a flat… It’s a flat banana. | 是香蕉 |
[18:36] | Yes. | 是一只扁平…扁平的香蕉 |
[18:38] | I had my assistant flatten it, straighten it. | 是的 |
[18:46] | A flat banana. | 我让我的助手把它打平弄直了 |
[18:48] | I get it. | 一只扁平的香蕉 |
[18:50] | I love it. I want it. | 我看懂了 |
[18:53] | You want to buy it? | 我喜欢 我要想这幅画 |
[18:54] | Yes, I give you $300 cash. | 你想买下来吗 是的 我付你300块现金 |
[18:57] | And I’ll take it right away. | 我这就把它拿走 |
[18:58] | 300? | 我这就把它拿走 |
[19:00] | Oh, let’s make it 500. | 哦 那就500块好了 |
[19:01] | And this one too. I must have this. | 这一幅我也要了 |
[19:04] | Ah, no no no, that one doesn’t count. | 不 不 不 这幅画没什么价值 |
[19:06] | Huh? I messed it up. | 是我搞砸了的 |
[19:07] | Uh, that… It’s just a swoosh. | 是我搞砸了的 那… |
[19:10] | Oh, no. | 只是随手用笔一扫 哦 不 |
[19:11] | Mr. Monk. Let me tell you. | 哦 不 Monk先生 让我告诉你 |
[19:13] | You say more with one swoosh | 你的随手用笔一扫 |
[19:15] | than most artists say with a million swoosh. | 胜过绝大多数艺术家随手用笔N扫 |
[19:20] | Just look at this. | 好好看看吧 |
[19:22] | From a distance. | 站远点看 |
[19:25] | Eternity dives. | 永恒的一弧 |
[19:28] | Oh! Brilliant! | 哦 真是妙不可言 |
[19:30] | There! | 那么 |
[19:31] | So… Can I propose to you… | 那么 这两幅画 我给你… |
[19:36] | thousand dollars… for both those pieces? | 1000美元怎么样 |
[19:41] | Do we have a deal? | 我们成交了吗 |
[19:47] | I don’t usually shake hands, but… | 通常我不握手 |
[19:51] | I thank you. | 可是… |
[19:52] | Mr. Monk. | 谢谢你 Monk先生 |
[19:54] | You are a true revelation. | Monk先生 你是个真正的天才 |
[19:57] | And I would like the world to know it. | 我想让全世界都知道 |
[20:00] | Eh, I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[20:02] | Don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[20:04] | Just paint, paint, paint! | 你只需要画 画 |
[20:07] | And when you can’t paint anymore, | 画 即使无法再作画的时候 |
[20:09] | just continue painting. | 也要继续画 |
[20:13] | Oh, yeah! | 太棒了 |
[20:25] | Uh, she said, uh, usted tiene… | 她说…这是… |
[20:29] | But she never… creerme, uh… | 但她从来没有… |
[20:32] | It’s, uh… | 是… |
[20:36] | She said she hasn’t seen him. | 她说没有看到过他 |
[20:38] | Yeah, just tell her he’s not in trouble, | 她说没有看到过他 是啊 告诉她他没有惹什么麻烦 |
[20:40] | we’re not from the I.N.S., we just want to talk to him. | 我们不是移民归化局的 |
[20:42] | Oh, okay. | 只是想和他谈谈 |
[20:43] | Uh… | 好的 |
[20:51] | She’s pretending she doesn’t understand. | 她在装傻 嘿 |
[20:54] | Hector Hector Hey, Hector. | |
[20:57] | Hector, it’s Leland Stottlemeyer. | 我是Leland Stottlemeyer |
[21:00] | Come on out, son. We’re not from the I.N.S. | 出来吧 孩子 |
[21:02] | Hector, we just want to find out what happened to Bennie. | 我们不是移民归化局的 Hector |
[21:05] | No I.N.S. | 我们只是想了解 Bennie那天究竟出了什么事 我们不是移民归化局的 |
[21:08] | No I.N.S. | 我们不是移民归化局的 |
[21:17] | Hola. | |
[21:19] | Hey. Um… | 你好 嘿 |
[21:21] | Can you help us? Look. | 能帮我们个忙吗 好好看着 |
[21:30] | The page is missing. | 这页不见了 |
[21:32] | Can you help us find out what was on that page? | 这页不见了 |
[21:34] | – Can you show us? – Si. Si. | 你知道这页的内容吗 你能告诉我们吗 |
[21:37] | Yes. | Yes. 好的 |
[21:41] | Thank you, Randy. | 好的 谢谢 Randy |
[22:05] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
[22:08] | So how’s it going? | |
[22:10] | Hush… | 画得怎么样了 |
[22:12] | Mr. Monk. Where’s all my stuff? | Monk先生 |
[22:15] | Out back. It was distracting me. | 我的东西呢 在后面 它们让我分心 |
[22:18] | Well, what if it rains? | 万一下雨呢 |
[22:19] | Then your stuff will get wet. | 万一下雨呢 那会被淋湿 |
[22:21] | Art requires a little sacrifice, Natalie. | 艺术需要做出牺牲 Natalie |
[22:25] | Wait… my curtains? | 等等 我的窗帘 |
[22:26] | I took them down because I needed the light. | 等等 我的窗帘 |
[22:29] | Eastern light. | 我把它们拆下来了 因为我需要光线 东边的光线 |
[22:31] | C’est finis. | 完成了 |
[22:32] | Take a look. | 完成了 |
[22:38] | What do you think? | 看看 你觉得怎样 |
[22:41] | Well, the captain’s gonna love it. | 队长会喜欢的 |
[22:42] | Why? | 队长会喜欢的 为什么 |
[22:44] | Well, it… it’s him, right? | 为什么 画的是他 对吗 |
[22:46] | No. It’s you! | 不 |
[22:48] | Me?! | 是你 |
[22:51] | But, she… | 我? 但她… |
[22:54] | I have a moustache. | 我长胡子了 |
[22:56] | It’s a shadow. Natalie. | 那是阴影 Natalie |
[22:59] | This is my masterpiece. | 这是我的杰作 |
[23:03] | Take it. | 拿去吧 |
[23:05] | I want you to have it. | 拿去吧 我想你拥有它 |
[23:07] | Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[23:12] | There. | 等等 等等 |
[23:15] | Now Julie can go to college. | 好了 现在Julie能去上学了 |
[23:16] | Mr. Monk, is… | Monk先生… |
[23:18] | Is that really how you see me? | Monk先生… |
[23:22] | You’re a beautiful woman. | 你眼中的我就是这个样子的吗 你很漂亮 |
[23:25] | Hey hey, Picasso! | 嘿 |
[23:27] | Hi. | 嘿 毕加索 |
[23:29] | Look at you. | 嗨 瞧瞧你 |
[23:30] | You’re really into it. | 瞧瞧你 |
[23:33] | I mean, you’re really into it. | 你还真陶醉其中了 |
[23:34] | Who is that, Jimmy Buffet? | 我是说 你是真的爱上了画画 |
[23:36] | No, that’s Miss Piggy, right? | 这是谁 Jimmy Buffet? |
[23:38] | Looks like he’s eating something. | 不 是猪小姐 对吧 |
[23:40] | – What’s the… What’s that? – It’s me! | 看起来他在吃东西 |
[23:50] | And I love it. | 那是…那是什么 是我 |
[23:52] | Okay, you have to look at it with fresh eyes. | 我喜欢 你们必须用全新的眼光欣赏这幅画 |
[23:55] | Huh? Fresh eyes? | 全新的眼光? |
[23:57] | Like this? | 就像这样 |
[23:59] | Ah. | |
[24:00] | So you take it all in, all at once. | 突然你就会明白了 |
[24:02] | Try it. | 试试 |
[24:04] | Try it! | 试试 试试 |
[24:10] | Now you open your hands. You have to open your hands. | 现在松开手 你得松开手 |
[24:12] | Gimme a minute. | 再等等 |
[24:18] | Okay, yeah, I see it now. | |
[24:20] | It’s good. | 好的 是啊 我看到了 |
[24:22] | Yeah, uh, Monk, listen, | 很好 Monk 听着 |
[24:23] | we’ve got Hector Morales in the car. | Monk 听着 Hector Morales在我们车里 |
[24:24] | We wanna drive him around. | 我们想带他到处转转 |
[24:26] | Yeah, we’re gonna retrace the route | 我们想带他到处转转 |
[24:28] | that Hector and Bennie took last week. | 是啊 我们要重走一遍 |
[24:29] | Uh, yeah, it should only take a couple of days. | 上周Bennie走过的路线 是啊 |
[24:32] | – Yeah. – We figured you’d wanna come along. | 只要几天时间就够了 是啊 |
[24:34] | I’ll pass. | 我们想你愿意一起来 不 |
[24:35] | – You’ll pass? – Yeah, I’m too busy. | 你不去? |
[24:38] | I have a big art show tomorrow at the college. | 是啊 我太忙了 明天我在学院有一次重要的艺术展 |
[24:40] | Monk! We’ve got two victims here, the case is fresh. | Monk 现在有两名受害者 案子刚刚发生 |
[24:42] | I think it’s kind of a priority to… | 我觉得更重要的是… |
[24:44] | This is kind of a priority to me. | 这对我更重要 |
[24:46] | No, it’s not. This is a hobby. | 不 这只是爱好 |
[24:48] | Not anymore. | 不再是了 |
[24:49] | It was a hobby when I started. | 不再是了 |
[24:51] | You mean Thursday. | 开始时我把它当成一个爱好 |
[24:53] | He sold two paintings. | 你是说周四的时候? |
[24:55] | Deux. | 他卖了两幅画 |
[24:57] | To who? | 两幅画 |
[24:58] | Hello? | 卖给谁了 |
[25:00] | I’m sorry, am I disturbing you? | 你好 抱歉 打扰到了吗 |
[25:02] | Mr. Lovak, come in. | Lovak先生 请进 |
[25:03] | You should put sign up, “Genius At Work.” | Lovak先生 请进 |
[25:06] | These are my friends. | 你应该挂块牌子在门外 “天才工作中” |
[25:07] | Petya Lovak, Natalie Teeger. | 都是我的朋友 |
[25:09] | Oh, Miss Teeger. | 哦 Teeger夫人 |
[25:11] | You must be his muse. It would explain everything. | 你肯定是他的缪斯女神 |
[25:16] | Leland Stottlemeyer and Randy Disher. Petya Lovak. | 我明白了 |
[25:19] | Ah, gentlemen. | 这是Petya Lovak 哦 先生们 |
[25:21] | I hope you’re not here to outbid me. | 我希望你们不是来和我竞价的 |
[25:25] | Oh, look at that. | 哦 |
[25:27] | Are these new? | 看看这些 |
[25:29] | Mm-hmm. | 新画的吗 |
[25:32] | Oh… | |
[25:33] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[25:35] | It is as if art never existed before | Monk先生 这种艺术前所未有 |
[25:38] | and you reinvented it. | 是你为它灌注生命 |
[25:40] | Right. | 对 |
[25:41] | I’ll… take both of them for… $1,200. | 对 两幅画我都要了 1200美元 |
[25:47] | And I will hang them in my villa in Monte Carlo. | 我要把它们挂在我在Monte Carlo的别墅里 |
[25:50] | Oh, you’re… you’re gonna put them up where you live? | 你真要挂在你住的地方? |
[25:55] | Oh… Oh, I’ve never seen this. | 我从没见过这个 |
[26:01] | How much is big woman? | 这要多少钱 |
[26:03] | Oh, sorry, that’s not for sale. | 抱歉 这是非卖品 |
[26:05] | Uh, I just gave it to Natalie as a gift. | 我刚刚把它送给了Natalie |
[26:08] | Oh, no, no, no. | 哦 不 不 不 |
[26:09] | A… thousand dollars. | 哦 不 |
[26:12] | Pardon me? | 不 不 1000美元 |
[26:13] | I’m sorry, $2,000! I must have this painting. | 你说什么 抱歉 那就2000美元 我一定得到这幅画 |
[26:22] | I can’t. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 我不能卖 |
[26:25] | It was a gift, I’m sorry. | 这是礼物 很抱歉 |
[26:30] | You have no idea how sorry… I really am. | 你不知道我有多抱歉 |
[26:34] | You sure? Are you sure? | 确定吗 |
[26:38] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 确定吗 |
[26:40] | Okay. | 是的 我确定 |
[26:42] | I’ll give you my card | 好吧 我给你我的名片 |
[26:44] | just in case you change your mind. | 万一你改变主意的话 |
[26:47] | Monk Mr. Monk, would you please help me with | |
[26:49] | the paintings to my van? | 你能帮我把画搬到车里吗 |
[26:51] | Oh, of course. Would you hold that, please? | 当然可以了 你先帮我拿着 |
[26:53] | Miss Teeger. | Teeger夫人 |
[26:55] | Until we meet again. | |
[26:57] | Gentlemen. It was a pleasure. | 下次再见 先生们 见到你们真高兴 |
[27:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:01] | Truly. | 是啊 |
[27:08] | Is this real? | 的确 |
[27:09] | What do you think? | 我不是在做梦吧 |
[27:23] | Adrian, we only have an hour. | 你觉得呢 |
[27:25] | Adrian Shh, shh. Don’t move. | |
[27:28] | It’s almost done. | 我们只有一个小时 |
[27:31] | You know, while we have a moment, | 别动 马上就好 |
[27:34] | my assistant said that you did not bring a check today. | 你知道的 |
[27:39] | This should take care of it. | 我们休息的时候 我助手说你今天没有带支票 |
[27:41] | That oughta cover us till June. | 拿这个代替吧 这足够支付6月以前的费用了 |
[27:44] | Yes, well, thank you for this. | 是的 谢谢你的画 |
[27:48] | I… I hope you’re not insulted, but I think I’d rather have the check. | 希望你别生气 |
[27:51] | Really? | 但是我还是宁愿要支票 |
[27:54] | You know, I could sell that piece tonight for $3,000. | 真的? 你不知道吧 |
[27:59] | And I… and I think that’s great, I’m really proud of you, Adrian. | 今晚这幅画能卖3000美元 这真是棒极了 |
[28:02] | But, you know, when I suggested that you take up a hobby, | 我真的以你为傲 Adrian |
[28:05] | I never expected… | 但是你要知道 当我建议你培养爱好时 |
[28:07] | Me to succeed. | 我从没想过… |
[28:09] | No, no, no. That is not what I meant. | 我会成功 不 |
[28:11] | Trudy always said I had the soul of an artist. | 不 不 |
[28:14] | And I agree with Trudy. | 我不是那个意思 Trudy以前常常说我拥有艺术家的灵魂 |
[28:16] | See, I always felt that your detective work was your art, | 我同意Trudy的说法 |
[28:19] | the way you analyze a crime scene. | 瞧 我一直认为侦探工作… |
[28:21] | I did too, I did too. | 对案发现场的分析方法就是你的艺术 |
[28:23] | But now, I’ve sold these paintings. | 我知道 |
[28:26] | Something that I created is out there on somebody’s wall | 我知道 |
[28:31] | being admired. | 但是现在我卖了几幅画 有一些我创作的画就挂在别人家的墙上 |
[28:32] | I’m invigor… I feel invigorated. | 供人欣赏 |
[28:35] | I’m invigorated. | 我倍受鼓舞 |
[28:38] | Who knows what else I can do? | 我倍受鼓舞 |
[28:41] | You sold five paintings? | 谁知道我还能做什么 你卖了5幅画? |
[28:44] | That’s right. | That’s right. |
[28:46] | But all… all to the same man, this Mr. Lovak. | 没错 没错 |
[28:49] | What… Wat do you know about him? | 都是同一个买家 Lovak先生 |
[28:51] | He’s from a little town called Rostov, which is near Moscow. | 你对他有多少了解 |
[28:55] | His family owns an oil refinery. | 他来自一个叫Rostov的小镇 就在莫斯科附近 |
[28:57] | But Petya is more interested in collecting fine art. | 他的家族拥有一家炼油厂 |
[29:02] | If you’d like to meet him… | 可是Petya更喜欢艺术收藏 |
[29:05] | There’s an exhibit at my art school this very afternoon. | 如果你想见见他… 今天下午在学院有一个艺术展 |
[29:09] | Sorry, I… maybe another time. | 抱歉 |
[29:11] | But you know what? | 我… 改天吧 |
[29:13] | Our time is up. | 但是你知道吗 |
[29:15] | And I am afraid I’m going to have to ask you | 时间到 |
[29:18] | for that check. | 恐怕我不得不问你支票的事了 |
[29:20] | Are you sure? Tuesday morning, uh, he said he was here with Bennie, | 你确定吗 |
[29:34] | uh, they found a table and a delicious bamboo salad. | 周二早上 他说他和Bennie在这儿 |
[29:38] | A bamboo salad. | 他们找到了一张桌子 和一份美味的竹笋色拉 |
[29:41] | I think he’s hiding something too. | 竹笋色拉 |
[29:42] | I think you’re hiding something. | 我也觉得他有所隐瞒 |
[29:44] | And where did you go… Where did he go next? | 我觉得你有所隐瞒 |
[29:54] | Where do we go next? | 然后你们…然后你们去了哪儿 哪儿 |
[29:55] | Um, adonde. Can you show me? | 然后我们去了哪儿 |
[29:57] | – Si, vamos. – Okay. | 哪儿 |
[30:18] | Oh, God. | 你能带我们去吗 |
[30:26] | It’s a very common name. | 哦 天啊 |
[30:36] | How are we doing? | 这个名字很普通 |
[30:38] | Look at them. Sad, really. | 怎么样 |
[30:40] | Don’t know who they’re all trying to impress. | 看看他们 |
[30:45] | It’s pathetic. They’re pathetic. | 脸带忧伤 不知道谁会让他们印象深刻 |
[30:47] | But we shouldn’t laugh. | 真可悲 实在可悲 |
[30:48] | No, Mr. Monk, it’s you, look at you. | 但我们不能嘲笑 Monk先生 |
[30:50] | Where did you get this? Oh, my gosh. | 是你啊 看看你 |
[30:53] | And a beret? | 你从哪儿找的这身行头 天啊 |
[30:54] | Now… Now it’s crooked, I can feel it. | 还有贝雷帽? |
[30:57] | No, Mr. Monk, it’s supposed to be crooked. Here. | 你把它戴歪了 我能感觉出来 不 Monk先生 本来就该是歪的 |
[30:59] | Stop it. That goes this way. | – 这儿 |
[31:01] | – Just a little… – Stop it, you’re embarrassing me. | – 住手 |
[31:03] | Just a little. | 就一点点 住手 你让我很尴尬 |
[31:04] | Petya must be running late. | 就一点点 |
[31:06] | Yeah, Mr. Monk, I’ve been doing a little research on your friend Petya. | Petya肯定迟到了 是啊 Monk先生 |
[31:09] | I googled him. At least I tried to, | 我对你的朋友Petya做了点小小的调查 |
[31:11] | and there’s no record of him anywhere. | 我Google了他 至少我试过了 |
[31:12] | Natalie, people like Petya… | 根本就没有这个人的记录 |
[31:14] | important people, wealthy people… | Natalie 像Petya这样的人… |
[31:17] | They are un-Google-able. | 重要人物 富人 |
[31:19] | No, Mr. Monk, it doesn’t work like that. | 他们都被Google和谐掉了 |
[31:21] | It’s not like an unlisted phone number… | 不 Monk先生 事情并非如此 |
[31:23] | Un-Google-able! | 这可不像是未登记的电话号码 |
[31:24] | End of discussion. | 无法Google |
[31:25] | Adrian Monk. | 讨论结束 |
[31:27] | My star student. | |
[31:29] | Ms. Benson. | 我的明星学生 |
[31:30] | This is my friend, Natalie Teeger. | Benson女士 |
[31:32] | Natalie was very supportive of me | 这是我的朋友Natalie Teeger |
[31:34] | when I was… still struggling. | Natalie一直很支持我 |
[31:36] | Before… I sold anything. | 当我还在苦苦奋斗的时候 在我卖画之前 |
[31:39] | Yes, yes. | 是啊 是啊 |
[31:40] | Well, we’ve all heard about your success. | 是啊 是啊 我们都听说了你的成功 |
[31:42] | It’s the talk of the school. It’s, uh… | 现在已经是学校的热门话题了 |
[31:44] | Quite extraordinary, yes, I know. | |
[31:46] | Ah, excuse me, here he is. | 非比寻常 是的 我明白 |
[31:47] | Petya! Petya. | 失陪了 |
[31:49] | I’m so glad you could make it. | 他来了 |
[31:51] | Mr. Monk, I wouldn’t have missed it for all the world. | 很高兴你终于来了 |
[31:53] | Oh, I’m sure you don’t remember… | Monk先生 我实在不应该迟到 |
[31:55] | The alluring Miss Teeger. | 哦 我肯定你不记得… 迷人的Teeger夫人 |
[31:57] | Have you reconsidered your decision, uh, about selling your portrait? | 你是否重新考虑过呢 |
[32:00] | I’m afraid not. | 能把你的肖像画卖给我吗 |
[32:01] | Oh, what a pity! | 恐怕不行 |
[32:03] | My collection of Monk will always be incomplete. | 真是遗憾啊 我对Monk的作品收藏将会永不完整 |
[32:07] | And this is my instructor, Ms. Benson. | 这是我的指导老师 |
[32:09] | Ah, you must be so proud of your disciple here. | Benson女士 |
[32:12] | I think astonished would be a more accurate word. | 你肯定以你的学生为傲 |
[32:15] | Eh, thank you. | 我想惊讶这个词更合适 |
[32:16] | I know you came here to see Adrian, | 谢谢 |
[32:18] | but there’s so much interesting work | 我知道你来是为了Adrian |
[32:20] | being done at the school. | 但学校里还有很多很好的作品 比如 |
[32:21] | For example, over there. | 这儿 |
[32:23] | And… Oh, well, look. | 还有 哦 |
[32:26] | Um, here’s one example. This is mine. | 看看 这是我的作品 |
[32:29] | I call it marriage. | 我为它取名叫婚礼 哦 |
[32:32] | No, no, I’m sorry, not even close. | 不 不 |
[32:34] | The lines are all squiggly. | 抱歉 我不太感冒 |
[32:36] | You have to make them straighter. | 线条全是弯弯曲曲的 |
[32:38] | – Try using a ruler. – A ruler? | 你得把线条弄直了 可以试试用直尺 |
[32:40] | You told me you had two new paintings. | 直尺? |
[32:42] | Well, on this side, right over here. | 你说你又有两幅新作 |
[32:44] | Oh… | 在这边 |
[32:46] | – Oh! – Snowman. | 就在那儿 |
[32:47] | Ah. | 雪人 |
[32:51] | Oh… | |
[32:53] | Oh… | |
[32:55] | What is this? | |
[32:57] | There’s, like, tiny punctures here in the middle. | 这是什么 |
[33:00] | Yeah, I… I used a compass. | 好像正中间的小孔 |
[33:03] | Oh. Oh, yes. | 是啊 我用的圆规 |
[33:04] | Of course. And I love it. | 哦 哦 |
[33:07] | I must have it. | 对啊 当然 |
[33:10] | And I will take this too. | 我喜欢 我一定要买下来 |
[33:12] | It’s an egg in a nest. | 这幅我也要 |
[33:14] | Of course, it is an egg in a nest. | 这是鸟巢里的蛋 |
[33:17] | So, together… | 当然 这是鸟巢里的蛋 |
[33:21] | $4,000. | 那么 一共… |
[33:23] | – Okay. – Anything else? | 4000美元 |
[33:25] | – Uh, yes, I have some sketches. – Ah, no no. | – 好的 – 还有什么事吗 是的 我还有几幅速写 |
[33:27] | I’m more interested in your paintings. | 不 |
[33:29] | That’s where your genius lies. | 不 我还是对你的油画更有兴趣 |
[33:31] | I agree. | 这才是你的天才所在 |
[33:33] | Uh, my van is outside; | 我同意 我的车就在外面 能帮我把画搬上车吗 |
[33:34] | Do you think someone can help me with the paintings? | 我的车就在外面 |
[33:37] | I’ll do it. | 能帮我把画搬上车吗 |
[33:39] | Careful. | 好的 |
[33:43] | I haven’t given up on your portrait. | 小心 |
[33:51] | Art supplies. | 小心 你那幅肖像画我不会放弃的 |
[33:52] | My uncle died suddenly about three weeks ago. | 绘画用具? |
[33:54] | Heart attack. | 我叔叔三周前突然去世 |
[33:55] | I’ve been cleaning out his house | 心脏病 |
[33:57] | and I put a bunch of his stuff by the curb Monday night. | 我一直在清理他的房屋 |
[33:59] | What kind of art supplies? | 周一晚我把他的一些东西扔在路边 |
[34:01] | Some paints, a few blank canvases, | 什么样的绘画用具 |
[34:03] | and one of my uncle’s paintings that he never finished. | 一些颜料 几张空白的画布 |
[34:05] | Blank canvases. | 还有一幅叔叔未完成的画作 |
[34:06] | Miss Larson, can we take a look inside? | 空白的画布 |
[34:12] | Thank you. | Larson小姐 我们能进去看看吗 |
[34:13] | Over here. | 谢谢 在那儿 |
[34:15] | Careful. I’ll take it from here. | 在那儿 |
[34:17] | Oh. | 小心 |
[34:19] | Thank you. | 我在这儿接着 |
[34:22] | Are… Are those all my… paintings? | 谢谢 |
[34:24] | I’m sorry, I’m in a hurry. | 这些都是我的作品吗 |
[34:25] | I have one more stop, and then I’m heading for the airport. | 抱歉 我时间很紧 |
[34:28] | You’re leaving, really? Oh… | 我还有一站 然后赶去机场 |
[34:29] | – Please… – Maybe, uh… | 你要走 真的吗 |
[34:30] | Maybe we should wrap them up. You know. I… I could find a sheet… | -请… -或许 或许该把它们包起来 |
[34:34] | They’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it. | 我去找张纸 |
[34:36] | Oh, goodbye. Goodbye, goodbye. | 没事的 不用担心 |
[34:37] | I’m saying goodbye to my paintings. | 哦 再见 再见 再见 |
[34:39] | Seriously, Mr. Monk, hurry. | 我在和我的作品们道别 我说真的 Monk先生 赶快下来 |
[34:41] | When you hang them, make sure they’re straight. | 你挂画的时候 |
[34:43] | Use a level. | 千万别挂歪了 |
[34:44] | Yes, yes. | 用水平仪 |
[34:46] | Oh, sorry. | 是的 是的 |
[34:50] | Das vidhanya. | 哦 对不起 再见 |
[35:10] | Was your uncle a professional painter? | 你叔叔是职业画家吗 |
[35:12] | No, it was just a hobby. | |
[35:13] | He took it up late in life just a few years ago. | 不 只是爱好而已 他在去世前几年才喜欢画画的 |
[35:16] | Was he any good? | 画得怎么样 |
[35:17] | I… I didn’t think so, to be honest. | 画得怎么样 老实说 一般般 |
[35:19] | But he did sell a lot of his paintings. | 但他却卖了很多幅画 |
[35:21] | To a collector from Russia. From Russia? | 卖给一个俄罗斯的收藏家 |
[35:26] | Do you remember his name? | 俄罗斯的? |
[35:28] | I never met him. | 你还记得他的名字吗 |
[35:29] | But I think he bought all of them. | 我没见过他 但我想他是唯一的买家 |
[35:31] | Except for the last one. | 但我想他是唯一的买家 |
[35:32] | The one Uncle Scott was working on when he died. | 除了最后一幅 Scott叔叔临终前还在画的一幅 |
[35:34] | That’s the one you put out by the curb. | 就是你扔在路边的那副吗 |
[35:35] | Mm-hmm. | 就是你扔在路边的那副吗 |
[35:39] | – Is this your uncle? – Yeah. | |
[35:42] | What does he have to do with Carson Paper? | 这就是你的叔叔吗 |
[35:44] | He worked there for 30 years. | 是啊 他和Carson纸业有什么关系 |
[35:46] | What’s Carson Paper? | 他在那儿工作了30年 |
[35:48] | Carson Paper has a contract with the U.S. Treasury. | Carson纸业是什么 |
[35:50] | They make money. | Carson纸业和美国财政部有过一纸合同 |
[35:52] | Or at least the paper it’s printed on. | 他们负责印钞 |
[36:01] | Adrian! | 至少钞票的纸是它们印的 |
[36:03] | Congratulations. I must be honest. | 恭喜 |
[36:07] | At first, I… I didn’t appreciate your style, | 我必须实话实说 |
[36:10] | but I see it now. | 起初我并不欣赏你的风格 |
[36:11] | You are deconstructing | 但我现在明白了 |
[36:13] | the aesthetic orthodoxy that most artists, myself included… | 你是在向大多数正统的艺术家挑战 |
[36:16] | – Where’s Natalie? – Uh, she went home. | 包括我在内 Natalie呢 |
[36:18] | She took her portrait with her, which I love, by the way. | 她回家了 她带着她的肖像画离开了 |
[36:21] | Just took me a while to get it. | 那幅画我很喜欢 只不过我花了点时间体会 |
[36:27] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[36:31] | There was another painting in that van. | 车里还有另外一幅画 |
[36:35] | I’ve seen it somewhere before. | 我从来没见过 |
[36:40] | In the junkyard. | 在废品场 |
[36:42] | It was there… on Thursday, and the next day, it was gone. | 周四它还在那儿 可第二天就不见了 |
[37:00] | Oh, God. | 哦 天啊 |
[37:04] | These are awful. | 太可怕了 |
[37:06] | Monk. | |
[37:08] | I’m terrible. | |
[37:10] | Adrian Monk. | 我太傻了 |
[37:11] | Monk. | |
[37:12] | Where’s your friend, the Russian? | |
[37:14] | What, what… he just left. What’s going on? | 你的俄罗斯朋友呢 什么 他刚走了 |
[37:16] | I just spoke with the Secret Service. | 出什么事了 |
[37:19] | Lovak is with the Russian mob. | 我刚刚和财政部特勤处联系过 |
[37:20] | They’ve been counterfeiting U.S. currency using real paper. | Lovak是俄罗斯犯罪集团的成员 |
[37:24] | Yeah, a guy named Scott Larson. | 他们一直用真的纸张仿造美元 |
[37:25] | He used to work at the U.S. Mint. | 是啊 有个叫Scott Larson的家伙 他以前在美国印钞厂工作 |
[37:27] | He’s been smuggling paper out of the factory for years. | 他以前在美国印钞厂工作 |
[37:28] | Guess how they’re getting it past customs. | 多年来一直走私印钞纸 |
[37:32] | Canvases? | 猜猜他们怎么混过海关 |
[37:33] | And they’re not real canvases. | 画布? |
[37:35] | It’s eight or nine layers of currency paper. | 那些可不是真的画布啊 |
[37:37] | Larson used acrylic paint, which peels right off. | 那是8至9个水印的纸币 Larson用丙烯酸颜料掩盖那些水印 |
[37:40] | They were worth a fortune. | 这可赚得不少啊 |
[37:41] | So, it was all about the canvases? | 那么说来 |
[37:46] | He didn’t care what was on them. | 全是因为画布? |
[37:49] | I knew it had to be something. | 他根本不关心上面画的是什么 我就知道这里面肯定有什么 |
[37:51] | He really does suck! | 他确实画得太恶心了 |
[37:53] | Monk, did he take all the canvases? | |
[37:55] | Monk Except for one. | |
[37:59] | Natalie. | 他把所有的画布都拿走了吗 |
[38:03] | Oh, Miss Teeger. | 除了一张 Natalie小姐 |
[38:06] | Mr. Lovak, I already told you. I’m not interested. | Lovak先生 我已经说过了 我不会卖的 |
[38:09] | You know what I like about you? | 你知道我最喜欢你什么吗 |
[38:10] | You are a tough cookie. | 你是个倔强的硬角色 |
[38:13] | My final offer. | 我最后一次出价 |
[38:16] | An additional thousand dollars. | 再加1000美元 |
[38:18] | All together, 3,500. | 一共3500美元 |
[38:23] | What do you say? Look, I can’t. It was a gift from my boss. | 你要说什么 |
[38:29] | I can’t. | 听着 我不能卖 这是我老板送我的礼物 我不能卖 |
[38:30] | Well, obviously, you don’t care about it. | 显然你并不在乎那幅画 |
[38:33] | You have it hiding in the corner behind | 你把它随意扔在角落 |
[38:35] | a big bush. | 藏在一棵大大的植物后面 |
[38:37] | I understand, you’re embarrassed about it. | 我了解 它让你受窘 |
[38:41] | Right? | 对吗 |
[38:43] | So let me help you take it off of your shoulders. | 对吗 所以让我帮你卸下这个负担 |
[38:48] | Look, I can’t. It would hurt his feelings. | 我不能卖 这会让他伤心的 |
[38:49] | Look here, Miss Teeger… | 我不能卖 |
[38:51] | I’m going to take that painting… | 这会让他伤心的 |
[38:54] | whether you sell it to me or not. | 看看 |
[38:56] | You really like it. | Teeger小姐 |
[39:00] | I hate it. | 不管你愿不愿意卖给我 我都要得到它 |
[39:02] | It is an abomination. | 你真的很喜欢那幅画 我恨它 |
[39:04] | It’s horrible. | 它让我咬牙切齿 太可怕了 |
[39:08] | Nonetheless, I’m gonna leave with that painting. | 虽然如此 |
[39:13] | And you’re gonna stand there very still. | 我还是要拿走它 |
[39:20] | Petya Lovak! | 而你就乖乖地站在这儿 |
[39:22] | I know you’re in there! | 我知道你在里面 |
[39:26] | Monk! | |
[39:27] | You can’t come in here. | 你不准进来 |
[39:29] | I’ve got your little friend. | 我手上有你的小朋友 |
[39:32] | I’ve got something of yours too. Hey! | 我手上也有你要的东西 |
[39:40] | What are you doing? | 嘿 你在做什么 |
[39:42] | It’s all over, Petya! Let her go! | 都结束了 Petya |
[39:45] | No no! | 放开她 不 不 |
[39:47] | Those are… | 不 不 |
[39:48] | Those are your own paintings. You wouldn’t do that. | 那些是… |
[39:51] | You’re an artist. | 那些都是你自己的作品 你不能这么做 |
[39:52] | Too late. | 你可是个艺术家啊 太迟了 |
[39:53] | I stink and I know it. | 太迟了 我画得糟透了 |
[39:55] | No, no, no, no! No! | 我画得糟透了 不 不 不 不 不 |
[39:57] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[39:59] | No! You’re crazy! | 不 |
[40:02] | They are worth a fortune! | 你疯了 |
[40:04] | No! | 这可值大钱啊 不 |
[40:10] | Get him, captain. Get him down! | 抓住他 |
[40:12] | Give me your hands! | 队长 抓住他 |
[40:14] | Gimme the hands! Come on. | 把手伸出来 |
[40:18] | Petya Lovak, you are under arrest | 把手伸出来 快 |
[40:20] | Petya Lovak for capital murder, conspiracy to counterfeit. | |
[40:24] | Hope you got a good lawyer. | 你因为涉嫌谋杀 以及参与伪造钱币被捕了 |
[40:26] | Let’s go. | 希望你找个好律师 我们走 |
[40:39] | All right, see you shortly. | 好吧 |
[40:42] | Natalie, what are you doing… | 一会儿见 |
[40:43] | Hey! Hey! Natalie. | Natalie 你在做什么 你在做什么 |
[40:45] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[40:46] | Randy No, wait! Let it go! Let it go! | |
[40:48] | – Come on… – It’s evidence! | 放手 |
[40:49] | Secret Service are on their way. | 住手 |
[40:51] | It’s the only painting we have left. | 财政部正派人赶过来 |
[40:54] | It’s gonna be exhibit A. | 只剩这幅画了 |
[40:55] | – Exhibit A? – Yeah. | 它会成为展览品的 – 展品? – 对 |
[40:57] | It’s big news, Natalie. | – 展品? |
[40:59] | It’s gonna be one of the most famous paintings in the world. | – 对 |
[41:02] | You’re right. | 这可是大新闻啊 Natalie 这可能会成为世上最值钱的一幅画 |
[41:03] | – You’re right, I’m sorry. – Yeah. | 对啊 |
[41:09] | Whoa, hey! – Ow! – No! | 抱歉 |
[41:11] | – Burn it! Burn it! – Gimme that! | 放我下来 |
[41:13] | Grab that painting! | |
[41:14] | Burn it! | 看着那幅画 |
[41:16] | Who was the first victim, the guy at the junkyard? | 放我下来 |
[41:18] | Russian goon named Arkeny Stasya. | 废旧场的第一个受害者是谁… |
[41:21] | He was one of Petya’s lap dogs. | 他也是俄罗斯人 |
[41:22] | He was trying to steal the canvases? | 是他们的人 他想把那些画布偷回去? |
[41:25] | Your friend Petya came back the following night, | 第二天晚上去的时候 |
[41:26] | but it was too late. | 可惜已经太晚了 |
[41:28] | You already had the canvases, and you were already painting. | 你已经在那些画布上画画了 |
[41:31] | And all that money he gave me… | |
[41:32] | Counterfeit. We’re gonna need it back. | 我卖画的钱… |
[41:34] | What was I thinking? I’m no artist. | 我们要把那些钱要回来 |
[41:37] | You’re no artist? | 我想其实我根本不是什么艺术家 |
[41:39] | Adrian Monk, you’re a grand master. | 你不是艺术家? Adrian Monk 你可是个大艺术家 |
[41:42] | You’re Leonardo da Vinci, you’re Pablo Picasso. | 在其他方面 |
[41:45] | Just not with a paintbrush. | 但不是绘画方面 |
[41:46] | Just not with a paintbrush. That’s for damn sure. | 不是绘画方面 那是肯定 |
[41:49] | Hey, how about stamp collecting? That’s a nice hobby. | 嘿 |
[41:52] | You get a little book, | 集邮怎么样 这是我的爱好 |
[41:53] | you put all the stamps in there, you line ’em all up. | 你准备一个小本子 把收集的邮票贴在上面 |
[41:55] | Could arrange them by color, I suppose. | 可以按颜色排列顺序 |
[41:57] | Yes, you could. | 当然可以 你爱怎么排就怎么排 |
[41:58] | You could arrange them any way you’d like. | 当然可以 你爱怎么排就怎么排 |
[42:00] | It’s a hobby, after all. | 这是爱好嘛 |
[42:02] | Are they all the same size? | 这是爱好嘛 感觉很糟 |
[42:03] | If that’s important to you, yes. | 感觉很糟 就看它对你有多重要了 |