时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | “Payable to | |
[00:04] | Natalie Teeger.” | “支付给娜塔丽·提戈” |
[00:09] | My four favorite words. Thank you. | 这是我最喜欢的几个字了 |
[00:52] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[00:55] | Um, excuse me. | 非常感谢 |
[00:58] | Where’s the rest of it? | 不好意思 |
[00:59] | I worked Tuesday night, remember? | 剩下的钱呢? |
[01:01] | That was overtime. | 记得吗 周四晚上我上班的 |
[01:02] | Oh, I thought you were just hanging out. | 那时候我加班了 |
[01:06] | No, Mr. Monk, I wasn’t just hanging out. | 我以为你当时是来玩玩的 不 |
[01:09] | I spent seven hours reorganizing the utensil drawer. | 蒙克先生 |
[01:12] | That was work. | 我可不只是玩玩 我用了7个钟头整理放器具的抽屉 |
[01:13] | But you said it was fun. | 那是工作 |
[01:16] | I distinctly remember that. | 但你说很好玩啊 |
[01:19] | I said, “Isn’t this fun?” | 我记得很清楚 |
[01:21] | And you said, “Uh-huh.” | 我问你”是不是很好玩?” |
[01:24] | So… | 你回答说”恩恩” |
[01:26] | You mean unless I’m complaining, you’re not going to pay me? | 所以 |
[01:29] | Is that the new rule? | 你是说除非我抱怨 |
[01:32] | Even if I wanted to, | 不然就都不算工作了? 这是新规则吗? |
[01:34] | I’ve already torn it out of the checkbook. | 即使我想付给你 |
[01:36] | Yeah, so you just void it out. | 支票都开好了 |
[01:38] | Void. Write “void.” | 你可以先把这张支票作废掉 |
[01:39] | And then you just write another one. | 作废 写上”作废” |
[01:41] | Natalie, I can’t do that. | 你再重新写张支票 |
[01:43] | I wish I could. | 娜塔丽 我不能这么做 |
[01:45] | – If it were up to me… – Of course it’s up to you. | 我希望我能 |
[01:47] | I need you to use your inside voice. | -如果我能决定… -当然是你决定 |
[01:49] | What… Oh, my God! | 你先听听你内心的声音吧 |
[01:51] | God! | 什么 天哪 |
[01:52] | I’m a little short of cash right now, okay? | 老天 我现在有点周转不灵 你知道的 |
[01:55] | But I’m good for it. You know I’m good for it. | 但是我会好起来的 |
[01:57] | Just keep track… | 你知道我行的 |
[01:58] | Yeah, I have been keeping track. | -你先记账… -我一直在记账 |
[01:59] | It’s over $1,800, Mr. Monk. | 已经超过1800美金了 |
[02:01] | Shh. | 蒙克先生 |
[02:03] | I’m sorry, the door was open. | 嘘 |
[02:05] | I thought I heard screaming. | 不好意思 门开着 我听到有人在尖叫 |
[02:07] | Oh, no, that’s just me. | 我听到有人在尖叫 |
[02:08] | I scream every payday. | 没事 只是我而已 |
[02:10] | Can I help you? | 每到账单日我都要尖叫的 |
[02:11] | My name is Linda Kloster. | 有什么我能帮你的吗? 我叫琳达·克劳斯特 |
[02:13] | My husband is Patrick Kloster | 我叫琳达·克劳斯特 |
[02:15] | Patrick. The chess player. | 我丈夫是帕特里克·克劳斯特 |
[02:17] | I was just reading about him. | 帕特里克·克劳斯特 那个国际象棋手? |
[02:18] | He’s some sort of super genius, | 我刚刚还在读他的书呢 |
[02:20] | like off the charts. | 他好像是什么超级天才 非常厉害 |
[02:21] | Yes, Patrick has an I.Q. of 180. | 是啊 帕特里克的智商有180 |
[02:24] | Four points higher than Albert Einstein’s. | 比艾伯特·爱因斯坦还要高4点 |
[02:26] | What can I do for you? | 我能帮你什么? |
[02:28] | Well, it’s my husband. | 是我丈夫 |
[02:30] | He’s gonna kill someone. | 是我丈夫 |
[02:32] | How do you know? | 他要杀人了 |
[02:33] | He told me. | 你怎么知道? |
[02:35] | He talks about it all the time. | 他告诉过我 一直在那里说这件事 |
[02:36] | He says he has a perfect plan. He says it’s foolproof. | 一直在那里说这件事 |
[02:38] | And that he’ll never get caught. | 他说他有个绝妙的计划 绝对万无一失 |
[02:40] | Did he say who he’s going to kill? | 他永远不会被抓住 他有没有说过要杀谁呢 |
[02:42] | Yes. | 有 |
[02:44] | It’s me. | 就是我 |
[02:47] | He’s gonna kill me. | 他要杀我 |
[03:49] | Um, can I get you something to drink? | 你想喝点什么吗? |
[03:51] | We have some wine. | |
[03:52] | Oh, no, thank you. | 红酒行吗 |
[03:54] | I’m three years sober. | 不了 谢谢 |
[03:55] | Three years and two months. | 我已经戒酒3年了 |
[03:57] | Congratulations. | 实际上是3年零2个月 |
[03:58] | Mrs. Kloster, isn’t it possible | 恭喜你 |
[04:01] | that you misunderstood your husband? | 克劳斯特夫人 |
[04:03] | Patrick is not an ambiguous man. | 可不可能是你误解了你丈夫的意思? |
[04:06] | He said he’s gonna kill me. | 帕特里克不是那种模棱两可的人 |
[04:08] | In fact, he tells me every day. | 他说过要杀了我 |
[04:10] | As I’m going to bed he’ll say, | 事实上他每天都在说 |
[04:12] | “Good night, sweetheart. It won’t be long now.” | 我每天上床睡觉的时候 他都会说”甜心 |
[04:15] | Well, why don’t you just go to the police? | 晚安 时候快到了” |
[04:18] | I can’t prove anything, and he knows it. | 那你干嘛不直接报警呢? |
[04:20] | It’ll be his word against mine. | 我没有任何证据 他也知道 只会各执一词 无人证明 |
[04:21] | Well, can’t you leave, go someplace? | 只会各执一词 无人证明 |
[04:23] | You mean hide from Patrick? | 那你能不能离开他 |
[04:26] | Impossible. | 去别的地方呢 你说躲开帕特里克? |
[04:27] | I mean, he’d find me in two minutes. | 不可能的 |
[04:29] | He’s a chess grandmaster, the best in the world. | 他马上就能找到我 |
[04:32] | He can anticipate my every move. | 他可是个国际象棋高手 |
[04:34] | Murdering me is gonna make him a fortune. | 世上最厉害的 他能预测我的每一个举动 |
[04:36] | He’s taken out a $10 million insurance policy on my life. | 杀了我之后 |
[04:39] | Did he say when he… | 他会得到一笔很大的财产 他帮我保了一份价值1千万的人身保险 |
[04:41] | No, but it’ll be soon. | -他有没有说什么时候会… |
[04:43] | When he left this morning, the way he kissed me, | -没有 |
[04:46] | it was different. | 但是就在最近 |
[04:47] | You know, the way he smiled. | 他今早离开的时候 亲我的感觉不一样了 |
[04:49] | It’s definitely coming. | 他笑的感觉也不一样了 |
[04:50] | Where is he now? | 杀我的时候肯定快到了 |
[04:52] | He’s playing a tournament in Vancouver. | 他现在在哪里? |
[04:54] | I’ve been following it. | 他现在在温哥华参加一场国际象棋锦标赛 |
[04:55] | That’s right. | 我最近一直关注他 |
[04:56] | He’s in Canada until Tuesday. | 没错 |
[04:58] | At least you’re safe until then. | 他要在加拿大呆到周四 |
[05:00] | Am I? | 至少到那时候你还是安全的 |
[05:02] | Mrs. Kloster, I have friends at the department. | 是吗? 克劳斯特夫人 |
[05:05] | Oh, I really appreciate that, Mr. Monk. | 我在局里有几个朋友 我真的很感激 蒙克先生 |
[05:08] | But the police can’t protect me. | 但是警察并不能保护我 |
[05:10] | Patrick is smarter than all of them put together. | |
[05:12] | My husband’s gonna murder me. | 他们所有人加起来 也没有帕特里克聪明 |
[05:14] | I’m already dead. | 我丈夫要谋杀我 |
[05:16] | And there’s nothing you or anyone can do about it. | 我死定了 |
[05:19] | Here’s a check for $5,000. | 不管是你还是别人都无能为力 |
[05:22] | I’m a little confused. | 这是5千块的支票 |
[05:24] | If… If you don’t think he can be stopped… | 我有点糊涂了 |
[05:27] | I’m hiring you to catch him. | 如果你觉得我们不能阻止他… |
[05:30] | You mean after? | 我是希望你能够抓住他 |
[05:32] | That’s right. | 你是说之后? |
[05:33] | After he’s killed me. | 没错 |
[05:35] | Mr. Monk, | 在他杀了我之后 |
[05:37] | you are the only man smart enough in this world | 蒙克先生 |
[05:39] | to make him pay for what he did. | 你是这世上唯一一个聪明到能让他 |
[05:42] | Or, rather, what he’s gonna do. | 为他所做过的或者将要做的一切付出代价的人 |
[05:47] | I can’t… I can’t. | 我不能 |
[05:49] | I don’t know what to say. | 不能 |
[05:54] | Say yes, Mr. Monk. | 我不知道说什么好 |
[05:57] | Promise me. | 你只要答应我 蒙克先生 |
[05:59] | Promise me you won’t let him get away with it. | 向我保证 |
[06:06] | I promise. | 保证你绝对不会让他逍遥法外的 |
[06:13] | Once again, Kloster is on the attack. | 我保证 |
[06:16] | His dynamic style of play | 克劳斯特又一次进攻 |
[06:18] | has certainly been on display today. | 他今天向我们展示的绝对是一种进攻型的手法 |
[06:21] | Your sister called again. | |
[06:23] | She’s worried about you. | 你姐姐又来电话了 |
[06:25] | Frankly, so am I. | 她很担心你 |
[06:29] | Looks like he’s winning again. | 老实说 我也很担心 |
[06:31] | I’m sure he is. | 看起来他又要赢了 |
[06:33] | Is the house alarm on? | 我肯定他会赢 |
[06:34] | Yes, I set it myself. | 屋子的警报系统启动了吗? |
[06:36] | You’ll check it again before you leave? | 启动了 |
[06:38] | I always do. | 我亲自弄的 |
[06:50] | And don’t open the door for anyone. | 你会在走之前重新检查一遍? 我一直检查的 |
[06:51] | Make sure Michael knows. | 不管是谁 |
[06:56] | Let me make you some lunch. | 都不要开门 一定要告诉迈克尔 |
[06:58] | No, I think I’m just gonna take a bath | 我帮你做点午饭吧 |
[07:01] | and maybe lie down. | 不用了 |
[07:03] | I’m going to make you a sandwich. | 我想洗个澡然后休息会儿 |
[07:04] | I’ll be right back. | 我给你做个三明治吧 |
[07:13] | How does she look? | 马上回来 |
[07:15] | Scared to death. | 她看起来怎么样? |
[07:16] | Of what? The son of a bitch is in Canada. | 快吓死了 |
[07:19] | I don’t blame her. | 怕什么? |
[07:22] | What she needs is a good therapist. | 那个人渣在加拿大呢 |
[07:24] | They both do. | 我不怪她 她现在需要的是一个心理医生 |
[07:26] | I’m happy I’m not a genius. | 他们都需要 |
[07:28] | It screws with your head. | 我很高兴自己不是个天才 |
[07:31] | You wanna do her a favor? | 都是脑子发昏想出来的主意 |
[07:33] | Put a little scotch in there. | 你想帮她吗? |
[07:39] | And it’s another victory for Patrick Kloster. | 放点苏格兰威士忌进去 |
[07:42] | We didn’t have any green tea. | 我们没有绿茶 |
[07:45] | But I found some Earl Grey. Kevin, it’s a restraining order. | 但我找到了点伯爵红茶 |
[07:54] | You issue 30 of them a day. | 凯文 这不过是个禁止令 |
[07:56] | No, he hasn’t hit her. | 你每天都批30多个 没有 |
[07:58] | Yes, she’s still in the house. | 他没有打她 是的 她还在家 |
[08:02] | Because Adrian Monk told me, that’s how I know. | 因为艾德里安·蒙克告诉我的 所以我才知道的 |
[08:06] | Fine, good. You do that. You sleep on it. | 行 好 |
[08:09] | Good. | 随便你 |
[08:12] | How’d… How’d that go? | 不用你管了 |
[08:14] | Forget about him. | 非常好 怎–怎么样? |
[08:15] | Look, just get a cruiser out there. | 别管他了 |
[08:17] | Park it out front until further notice. | 听着 找一队人守着去 |
[08:19] | You can’t arrest him for anything? | 守在门前 等候通知 没有任何理由可以拘捕他么? |
[08:20] | Well, apparently there’s no law against | 没有任何理由可以拘捕他么? |
[08:22] | giving your wife the willies. | 很明显 |
[08:23] | Captain, we just got a call. | 让妻子觉得不安还不算犯法 |
[08:25] | Okay. | 警校 刚收到来电 |
[08:27] | You better put down the cup. | 恩 |
[08:29] | Just tell me who called, Randy. | 你最好把杯子放下 |
[08:30] | Just put the cup down, or finish it, or drink half of it. | 告诉我谁打来的 把杯子放下 |
[08:32] | Why? | 或者喝完它 或者喝一半也成 |
[08:34] | Because you’re probably gonna drop it. | 为什么? 因为你或许会摔掉地上 |
[08:35] | I’m gonna have to clean it up. | 因为你或许会摔掉地上 |
[08:37] | Just have a sip. How ’bout a sip? | 然后我又要清理 |
[08:43] | Linda Kloster’s dead. | 或者喝一口 喝一口怎么样? |
[08:45] | Her housekeeper just found her. | 琳达·克劳斯特死了 |
[08:51] | What happened? | 她的管家刚发现她的尸体 |
[08:52] | – I don’t know. – Let’s go. | 怎么搞的? |
[08:53] | – Mr. Monk… – Let’s go! | 不知道 我们走 -蒙克先生 -我们走! |
[08:55] | We gotta get over there. | -蒙克先生 -我们走! |
[08:56] | Let’s go, Randy. | 我们要马上赶到那 兰迪 我们走 |
[09:15] | Hey, the cavalry’s here. | “救世主”来了 |
[09:16] | Could I have the room, please? | |
[09:18] | You heard the man. He wants the room. | 把房间先让我调查 |
[09:20] | Let’s go. | 都听见了 |
[09:27] | Thank you very much. | 他要整个房间 |
[09:57] | – Mr. Monk… – Not now. | 快走 谢谢啦 |
[10:00] | Not now. | 蒙克先生 不要吵 |
[10:01] | You can’t blame yourself. | 先别吵 |
[10:04] | Yes, I can. | 你不能把责任归咎在自己身上 |
[10:21] | What did the paramedics say? | 我能 |
[10:24] | Probable heart attack. | 法政怎么说? |
[10:30] | He killed her. | 可能是心脏病 |
[10:34] | He said he would kill her, | 他谋杀了她 |
[10:36] | and he did it. | 他说他会杀了她 |
[10:37] | Okay. | 果不其然 |
[10:40] | Okay, there was no alarm. | 好 |
[10:41] | There was no one in the house, | 警报没有响 |
[10:43] | just the housekeeper and the cook. | 除了管家和厨师 |
[10:45] | No signs of trauma or suffocation. | 房子里没有其他人 |
[10:48] | Poison. | 没有外伤和窒息情况 |
[10:50] | No, housekeeper said she hadn’t eaten all day, | 下毒 |
[10:52] | breakfast, lunch. | 不 |
[10:55] | So how did he do it? | 管家说她早餐中餐都没吃饭 |
[11:01] | I don’t know. | 那他是怎么做到的? |
[11:04] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:08] | Is he here? | 我不知道 |
[11:10] | His plane just landed. What do you got? | 他在这么? |
[11:12] | You’re not gonna like it. | 他的飞机刚刚降落 你那有什么消息? |
[11:14] | The M.E. said natural causes, severe cardiac arrest. | 法医说自然死亡 |
[11:17] | What? | 心脏病突发 |
[11:18] | He’s already released the body. | 什么? 他已经把尸体释放了 |
[11:21] | What… | 什么 怎么不做全面的毒性测试 |
[11:22] | What about a complete toxicology workup? | 什么 |
[11:25] | He won’t do it, Monk. Not without probable cause. | 怎么不做全面的毒性测试 |
[11:27] | She was 42 years old. | 蒙克 |
[11:29] | What about the water? | 没有原因他是不会做的 她才42岁 |
[11:31] | The tap water in the bathroom? | 那水呢? |
[11:32] | Checked. | 浴室的自来水? |
[11:33] | Well, how ’bout her lipstick. | 检查过了 |
[11:35] | We checked that too. | 那她的口红呢 |
[11:36] | I mean, toothpaste, even her eyedrops, | 也检查过了 |
[11:38] | everything in the house, it’s all clean. | 牙膏 甚至眼药水 房子里的所有东西 |
[11:40] | He killed her. He poisoned her. | 都没有问题 |
[11:42] | But how? | 他杀了她 他毒杀了她 |
[11:44] | There he is. You can ask him yourself. | 到底怎么做到的? 他在那了 |
[11:48] | Mr. Kloster, how do you feel? | 你可以亲自问问他 克劳斯特先生 你此刻什么心情? |
[11:50] | How do I feel? | 我什么心情? |
[11:53] | I’m still in shock. | |
[11:55] | Linda was my reason for living. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[11:58] | “Thou detestable maw, | 琳达就是我的生命 |
[12:00] | thou womb of death, | 你无情的泥土 吞噬了世上最可爱的人儿 |
[12:02] | gorged with the dearest morsel of the earth.” | 我要擘开你的馋吻 |
[12:05] | – Where is that from? – Look it up. | 源自于哪? |
[12:09] | Patrick Kloster, I’m Leland Stottlemeyer, S.F.P.D. | 自己去查 帕特里克·克劳斯特 |
[12:11] | This is Lieutenant Disher. | 我是利兰·斯特梅耶 旧金山警局 |
[12:13] | Are you surprised to see us, sir? | 这位是迪舍警尉 你见到我们很奇怪么? |
[12:16] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[12:18] | I mean, I’m surprised to see you here. | 我是说 |
[12:20] | I expected you in Vancouver. | 我很奇怪会在这见到你 |
[12:22] | Well, we couldn’t afford it. | 我以为会是在温哥华 |
[12:25] | We’re sorry for your loss, sir. | 我们承受不起那个机票 |
[12:27] | This is Adrian Monk and Natalie Teeger. | 先生 |
[12:30] | Of course. | 请节哀顺变 这位是艾德里安·蒙克和娜塔丽·提戈 |
[12:32] | The legendary Mr. Monk. | 是的 |
[12:35] | I was hoping to see you here. | 传说中的蒙克先生 |
[12:40] | Hello. | 我希望在这里见到你 |
[12:42] | Sir, we were wondering if you wouldn’t come downtown, | 你好 |
[12:45] | give us a statement. | 先生 我们想问下你是否能回去跟我们做个笔录 |
[12:47] | I’m afraid my schedule is rather tight, | 我的时间表安排的很满 |
[12:49] | but I did take the opportunity of phoning ahead and reserving a room here | 但是我刚才的确打了个电话 |
[12:55] | at the airport security offices. | 在机场的保安室里订了一个房间 |
[12:58] | It’s nothing extravagant, but there is a table | 条件不怎么好 |
[13:01] | and five chairs. | 不过有一张桌子和五把椅子 |
[13:04] | How did you know there’d be five of us? | 你怎么知道我们有五个人 |
[13:07] | Please, Miss Teeger, don’t insult me. | 提戈小姐 |
[13:21] | According to the Vancouver police, | 请不要侮辱我的智商 |
[13:24] | they interrupted the match at 1:21 p.m. | 根据温哥华警方给的消息 |
[13:27] | To inform you that your wife had died. | 他们在下午1:21中断了比赛 |
[13:29] | That’s right. | 告诉你你的妻子过世了 |
[13:30] | They said you kept playing, that you finished the match. | 是的 |
[13:33] | Of course I did. | 他们说你继续完成了比赛 |
[13:34] | That’s what Linda would have wanted. | 当然了 |
[13:36] | That’s funny. | 琳达肯定希望我这么做 |
[13:37] | I would have been too upset to concentrate. | 真奇怪啊 如果是我 |
[13:39] | I was upset, captain. | 我会很难过集中不了精神 警校 我确实很难过 |
[13:41] | That’s why it took me 44 moves to win. | 这就是为什么我走了44步才赢 |
[13:45] | Your wife came to see me this morning, | 克劳斯特先生 |
[13:48] | Mr. Kloster. Did she? | 你的妻子今早来找过我 |
[13:51] | She told me | 是么? |
[13:53] | that you had been planning to kill her. | 她说你一直计谋要杀害她 |
[13:57] | My wife was an unstable woman. | |
[13:59] | She didn’t seem unstable to me. | 我妻子的精神不太好 |
[14:02] | I’m sure she didn’t. | 我看她精神挺好的 |
[14:04] | What did the medical examiner say? | 我很确定 |
[14:07] | Heart attack. | 法医的报告如何? |
[14:08] | She didn’t look sick to me. | 心脏病发 |
[14:11] | And what medical school did you attend, Miss Teeger? | 我看她不像有病的样子 |
[14:14] | My wife suffered from high blood pressure. | 提戈小姐 |
[14:16] | And for most of her life, she was an alcoholic | 你是哪个医校毕业的? 我妻子一直患有高血压 |
[14:19] | and a heavy smoker. | 她的大部分生命里都在酗酒抽烟 |
[14:21] | She was also quite depressed. | |
[14:22] | And there was a $10 million life insurance policy. | 她也常常很忧郁 |
[14:26] | The policy was Linda’s idea. | 她也有1千万美元的人寿保险 |
[14:28] | I’m insured for the same amount. | 买保险是琳达的主意 我也有同价的保险 |
[14:30] | What do you know about poison, Mr. Kloster? | 克劳斯特先生 你对毒药知道多少? |
[14:34] | Not much. | 不多 |
[14:35] | More than you, I’m sure, | 不多 |
[14:36] | but not much. | 肯定比你多 |
[14:38] | Although I am an expert on the poisoned pawn. | 不过不太多 |
[14:41] | Poison… | 尽管我确实是毒兵变局的专家 |
[14:43] | That is a chess move, Lieutenant Disher. | -毒药… |
[14:45] | I’d be glad to teach it to you if you’d like. | -是象棋的布局 迪舍警尉 |
[14:49] | Well, as you can imagine, | 如果你想学 我可以教你 |
[14:51] | I have a number of arrangements to make. | 你可以想象的到 |
[14:55] | Do you play chess, Mr. Monk? | 我还有很多事情要安排 |
[14:57] | A little. | 蒙克先生 你会玩象棋么? |
[14:58] | We should play a game sometime. | 一点点 |
[15:00] | We already are. | 我们应该找个机会玩一次 |
[15:07] | Okay, I found somebody. | 此局已经开始了 |
[15:08] | He’s a grandmaster national champion. | 我找到了一个人 |
[15:10] | And he beat Patrick Kloster? | 他是本土大师赛的冠军 |
[15:12] | Almost. They played last year. | 他打败了帕特里克·克劳斯特? |
[15:13] | It was a tie. | 差一点 去年他们交过手 |
[15:15] | Well, where is he? | 是平局 |
[15:16] | He’s over there. His name is Eric Tovila. | 他在哪? |
[15:20] | I can’t believe you’re working on a Saturday. | 他在那 他叫埃里克·托夫拉 |
[15:22] | Well, he’s not paying me, so it’s not really work. | 真不敢相信你周六还上班 |
[15:25] | Mr. Tovila. | 他不付钱给我 所以不算是上班… |
[15:26] | Do you have a minute? | 托夫拉先生 |
[15:27] | I’m a little busy at the moment. | 请问有空么 |
[15:29] | You’re… You’re Tovila? | 现在没什么空 |
[15:32] | I wanted to ask you a couple of questions | 你是托夫拉? |
[15:34] | about Patrick Kloster. | 我想问你点关于帕特里克·克劳斯特的事 |
[15:35] | You know, I’m working here. | |
[15:36] | You want to talk, you gotta play me. | 你看到了 我这是在工作 |
[15:38] | It’s 20 bucks. | 想要找我谈 |
[15:40] | Yeah, yeah, I don’t… I don’t… | 那你得和我下棋 20块 |
[15:42] | I don’t think that I have $20. | 嗯 我没… |
[15:44] | I don’t… I don’t have $20. | 没有… 没有20块钱 |
[15:48] | I don’t… Do you… | 我没有… 没有20块 |
[15:49] | Do you have… I don’t have 20. | 我没有… |
[15:51] | Uh, I have $8. | 你有么… 你有20块么 |
[15:55] | And an I.O.U. for $1,800 from my boss. | 呃 |
[15:59] | Who’s next?! | 有8块 那你现在欠我1800块了 |
[16:01] | I could play. | 下一个谁来? 我可以来的 |
[16:03] | $5, right? I’m under 18. | 不是5块就够了么 我未满18岁呢 |
[16:05] | Yeah. | 不是5块就够了么 |
[16:06] | You play chess? | 我未满18岁呢 |
[16:08] | I was in the chess club for two semesters. | 你会下国际象棋? 我参加了两个学期的国际象棋俱乐部 |
[16:12] | Two semesters. | 两个学期 |
[16:14] | Oh, well, that’s gonna impress the Vassar dean of admissions. | 好”棒” |
[16:19] | It’s your move. | 能打动维莎艺校的入学考官的 |
[16:24] | The bird opening. | 你先走 |
[16:25] | Mm-hmm. | 伯德开局 |
[16:27] | I’ve only seen that five times today. | 今天还只见到过5回呢 |
[16:30] | I understand that you almost beat Patrick Kloster. I’ll get him next time. | 我知道你差点击败了帕特里克·克劳斯特 |
[16:35] | What kind of player is he, would you say? | 下一次我一定击败他 |
[16:37] | Kloster’s a behaviorist. | 你认为他是个怎样的选手? |
[16:39] | He studies you, not the game. | 克劳斯特是个行为主义者 |
[16:41] | He crawls inside your head, | 他观察的是你 而不是棋局 |
[16:43] | and it’s kinda spooky. | 他像是你肚子里的蛔虫 |
[16:45] | Yeah, what is a poisoned pawn? | 怪可怕的 |
[16:48] | Well, the poisoned pawn is a trap. | 什么叫毒兵变局? |
[16:51] | He dangles a pawn in the middle of the board. | 毒兵变局是一个陷阱 他故意放一个卒在棋盘中央 |
[16:54] | And, you know, most people can’t resist it. | 要知道 |
[16:58] | And then he swoops in | 多数人禁不起诱惑 会上去吃了它 |
[17:01] | and crushes you. | 这时他就猛扑过来 |
[17:05] | It can’t resist it. | 把你击败 禁不起诱惑 |
[17:07] | That’s checkmate. | 将军了 |
[17:08] | Thank you, Vassar. That was fun. | 将军了 谢谢喽 |
[17:11] | A trap. | 维莎女孩 挺有意思 |
[17:13] | A trap she couldn’t resist. | 一个陷阱 |
[17:15] | What? What? What? What? | 一个陷阱使她禁不起诱惑 |
[17:17] | I know that look. | 什么? 什么? 什么? |
[17:18] | You did it, didn’t you? You figured it out. | 我知道那个表情 想通了 |
[17:20] | Who’s the real genius now, huh? | 是吧? 你想通了 |
[17:22] | Who just outsmarted the smartest guy in the whole world? | 现在谁才是真正的天才? |
[17:24] | Tell me “You.” | 是谁比世界上最聪明的人还要聪明? |
[17:26] | – I did. – It was you. | 告诉我 |
[17:34] | This is a funeral home, Mr. Monk. | 是你 |
[17:37] | My wife has just passed. | 我想到了 |
[17:40] | I find that grin on your face rather inappropriate. | 这里是殡仪馆 |
[17:44] | I know how you did it. | 蒙克先生 我太太刚刚去世 |
[17:48] | You still think I murdered my wife? | 我觉得你刚才那种笑很不应景 我知道你怎么做的了 |
[17:50] | You set a trap. | 你仍然认为我谋杀了我太太? |
[17:51] | Like the poisoned pawn. | 你设下了一个陷阱 |
[17:53] | Oh, you’ve been chatting with some chess masters. | 就像毒兵变局 |
[17:56] | Good for you. | 你们找象棋大师聊了聊啊 |
[17:58] | When I was in your bedroom on Wednesday, | 挺好 |
[18:00] | I noticed a few things. | 当我星期三在你卧室的时候 |
[18:01] | I just didn’t put it all together until today. | 我注意到了些事 |
[18:05] | The glass that had recently been washed, | 直到今天我才想明白 |
[18:07] | some breath mints, | 杯子近期被洗过 |
[18:09] | some eyedrops. | 桌上有薄荷糖和眼药水 |
[18:10] | And what did they tell you? | 你从中得出的结论是? |
[18:13] | That your wife had started drinking again. Married to you, I don’t blame her. | 你太太又开始喝酒了 |
[18:18] | She kept it secret, of course. | 嫁给你这样的人 怪不得她 |
[18:20] | At least, she tried to. | 当然了 她是偷偷地喝的 |
[18:29] | How long did it take you to find her secret stash, | 至少她想要保密 你花了多久就找到她藏酒瓶之处 |
[18:31] | a day, a week? | 一天 一周? |
[18:34] | On Wednesday morning before you left for Canada, | 周三早上 |
[18:36] | you poisoned her bottle | 在你去加拿大之前 |
[18:38] | then put it back where you found it. | 你在他酒瓶里下了毒 |
[18:41] | Later that day, Linda took a drink. | 然后又放回原处 |
[18:43] | The poisoned pawn. | 之后 就在那天 琳达又喝了一杯 |
[18:44] | Then she put the bottle back | 毒兵变局 |
[18:46] | as you knew she would. | 然后她又把酒瓶放回原处 正如你设想的 |
[18:49] | It really was brilliant. | 真够聪明的 |
[18:51] | You didn’t have to hide the poison. | |
[18:53] | She would drink it and hide it herself. | 你根本不必把毒药藏起来 |
[18:55] | – Natalie, call the captain. – Yes, sir. | 她会喝完之后主动把它藏好 |
[18:57] | And did you find this bottle or this hidden stash of poison? | 娜塔丽 通知警校 |
[19:02] | No, of course not. | 好的 那你找到这个酒瓶或者藏毒之处了么? |
[19:04] | It was long gone. | 当然没有了 |
[19:05] | You had four days to get rid of it. | 早就没了 |
[19:08] | But there are still traces of it in here, | 你有四天时间清理罪证 |
[19:12] | in her body. | 但是这里仍然有线索 |
[19:14] | We’re gonna run every toxicology test in the book, | 就在她体内 我们会照章进行一系列毒物测试 |
[19:17] | and we’re going to find it. | 会让我们找到的 |
[19:20] | Ah, I’m afraid you can’t touch that. | 不好意思 |
[19:21] | I’m sorry. | 你们不能动这个 |
[19:23] | She was our niece. | 对不起 她是我们侄女儿 |
[19:25] | Well, I’m a former police officer. | 我之前是警察 |
[19:27] | And I’m afraid we have to borrow | 恐怕我们得借用下你们侄女 |
[19:30] | your niece, her remains, | 她的遗体 |
[19:32] | for a couple of days. | 要借用几天 |
[19:33] | Borrow her? | 要借用几天 |
[19:34] | Yes, we have to run some toxicology tests on the body. | 借用? 是的 我们要拿来做下毒物测试 |
[19:36] | Oh, my goodness. | 哦 天哪 |
[19:38] | No, no, no, we do it all the time. | 哦 天哪 不 不 我们经常这么做的 |
[19:39] | We’re going to cut her open just… | 不 |
[19:44] | just a little bit. | 不 |
[19:46] | And slice off | 我们经常这么做的 |
[19:50] | a teeny tiny, | 我们会把她切开… |
[19:52] | tiny piece of her liver | 只是一个小小的口子 然后在肝脏和胃部切下很小的一片 |
[19:55] | and her stomach, | 或许呢 |
[19:56] | and maybe take a little, | 还会取少许… |
[20:00] | tiny, nearly imperceptible bit of fluid from her eyeball. Like on TV. Who likes TV? | 几乎觉察不到的少许眼球内的体液 |
[20:06] | But why? | 就像电视上那样 |
[20:08] | The fact is we think she may have been poisoned. | 喜欢电视么? 但为什么要这样子? |
[20:11] | But how did the poison get in the cable car? | 事实上 我们认为她可能是中毒身亡 |
[20:14] | – What cable car? – The cable car that hit her. | 但是缆车内怎么会有毒? 什么缆车? |
[20:17] | That’s how Marjorie was killed. | 撞到她的缆车阿 |
[20:21] | M… M… M… | 马乔里的死因 |
[20:23] | Mr. Monk, that’s not my wife. | 蒙克先生 |
[20:27] | My wife | 那不是我太太 |
[20:29] | is right here. | 我太太在这里 |
[20:34] | I had her cremated two hours ago. | 两小时前 |
[20:37] | As you can see, | 我把她火化了 |
[20:38] | I have anticipated your every move. | 正如你所见 |
[20:41] | Cremated? | 你的每一步都被我预料到了 |
[20:43] | Yes, I don’t think your toxicology tests | 火化了? |
[20:45] | are gonna do much good, but you are welcome to try. | 是的 我认为你的毒物测试不会有什么用了 |
[20:48] | Aww. | 但你要想试试 |
[20:49] | I know that look. | 那也无妨 |
[20:51] | I’ve seen it quite often. | 我知道那个表情 |
[20:53] | That’s how my opponents look when they know they’ve been beaten. | 我经常看到这种表情 当我的对手被击败的时候 |
[20:58] | Your move, Mr. Monk. | 就会有这表情 该你走了 |
[21:05] | “In chess, as in life, creative strategies | 蒙克先生 人生如棋局 |
[21:08] | executed with daring and precision | 新颖的策略需要勇气和精密的计算 |
[21:11] | will allow you to overwhelm your opponent | 这两者将会助你战胜对手 |
[21:14] | and achieve your goal.” The end. | 获得成功 |
[21:17] | And may I say, thank God. | 没了 请荣我说 |
[21:19] | – Keep reading. Here’s the next one. – Oh, Mr. Monk, come on. | 感谢老天 继续读 下一本 |
[21:21] | We’ve been reading his books all day. | 蒙克先生 别这样 |
[21:23] | What good are they doing? | 都读了一整天他的书了 |
[21:24] | I’m getting into his head. | 有什么用呢? 我要看穿他 |
[21:26] | He’s in my head. | 他看穿了我 |
[21:28] | I have to be in his head, | 我也要看穿他 |
[21:30] | so we’re in each other’s heads. | 这样我们就知己知彼了 |
[21:36] | “Chess Domination” by Patrick Kloster. | 《控制象棋》 |
[21:39] | Well, this will be the opposite of fun. | 帕特里克·克劳斯特著 |
[21:41] | “For my queen, Tatiana.” | 哦 这太无趣了 |
[21:43] | You don’t have to read the dedication. | 献给我的王后 塔蒂娜 |
[21:45] | Fine, sorry. | 那些献辞就别读了 |
[21:46] | What’s this? | 好吧 对不起 |
[21:47] | Linda Kloster’s check. | 好吧 对不起 这是什么? |
[21:49] | – You didn’t deposit this? – I’ll never deposit it. | 琳达·克劳斯特的支票 你没存进去? |
[21:51] | But, Mr. Monk, she wanted you to cash it. | 我永远都不会 |
[21:53] | Mr. Monk, if you deposit this check, | 不过 蒙克先生 |
[21:56] | then you can pay your staff. | 她想让你去兑现的 |
[21:58] | And when I say “staff,” I mean me. | 蒙克先生 如果兑现 |
[22:01] | But she came to me. | 那你就可以支付职员工资了 |
[22:03] | I didn’t protect her. | 我说的”职员”也就是我 她来找我 |
[22:05] | Mr. Monk, you did everything you could. | 我却没能保护她 |
[22:07] | What about the promise I made that he wouldn’t get away with it? | 蒙克先生 你已经尽力而为了 |
[22:10] | You made a promise to me too. | 那我作出的承诺呢? 我说过不会让他逍遥法外的 |
[22:11] | – There he is. – What? | 你对我也做过承诺呀 |
[22:13] | Oh, my God! Great. | 他来了 你说什么? |
[22:14] | He’s coming. What do we do? | 你说什么? 他过来了 我们怎么办? |
[22:15] | – We should kiss. – No! | 他过来了 我们怎么办? |
[22:16] | I didn’t say that. I wasn’t thinking. | 我们装接吻 不 不行 |
[22:18] | I never said that. | 我没有说过 我头脑很乱 |
[22:21] | Good morning. | 我从来没说过 早上好 |
[22:23] | I thought you might be thirsty. | 我想你可能会口渴 |
[22:25] | Well, this is for you, Natalie. | 这是给你的 |
[22:28] | It’s lemonade. | 娜塔丽 柠檬水 |
[22:30] | And, Mr. Monk, I believe this is your brand. | 蒙克先生 |
[22:37] | Oh, my books. | 我想你是喝这个牌子的 |
[22:40] | I could autograph one for you. | 我的著书哈 |
[22:42] | No, thank you. No. | 我可以给你签个名 |
[22:45] | Very well. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[22:46] | I’ll leave you two alone. | 那好吧 |
[22:49] | Enjoy your little stakeout. | 那我不打搅两位了 好好享受你们的监视时光 |
[22:57] | Well, you have to admit, he’s pretty good. | 不得不说 他确实很厉害 |
[23:02] | What? He was right. I was thirsty. | 怎么了 |
[23:08] | What? | 他没说错 我是渴了 |
[23:10] | How do you feel? | 怎么了? |
[23:12] | Uh, I feel fine. | 你身体觉得如何? |
[23:16] | What? | 我觉得很好呀 |
[23:17] | It just occurred to me. | 怎么了? |
[23:19] | If there’s poison in that lemonade, | 我刚刚想到 |
[23:21] | we could go to the D.A., | 如果柠檬水里有毒 我们就可以去检控他 |
[23:23] | and we’d have all the evidence we need. | 这样我们就有证据了 |
[23:25] | It just occurred to you, and you didn’t say anything? | 你想到这一点 |
[23:27] | Mr. Monk, I have never seen you like this. | 怎么不和我说? |
[23:32] | How do you feel now? | 蒙克先生 从来没见过你这样 |
[23:33] | You know, I hate to disappoint you, but I feel fine. | 你现在感觉如何? |
[23:35] | Try the water. | 我不喜欢让你失望 不过我感觉很好 |
[23:36] | That is it. We are going home. | 试试看这瓶水 |
[23:42] | Wait. | 够了 我们回家去 |
[23:44] | Stop the car. | 等等 |
[23:45] | What? What are you doing? | 停车 |
[23:46] | Just stop, stop, stop the car. | 你要干什么 |
[23:48] | – Wait. What are you do… – Stop. | 停车 停 停下来 |
[23:51] | – Where are you going? – His garden. | -等等 你干什么 -停下来 你要去哪里? |
[23:53] | His garden? | 他家花园 |
[23:58] | – Oleander. – It’s from his garden. | 他家花园? |
[24:01] | It’s poisonous. Very poisonous. | 夹竹桃 在他家花园发现的 |
[24:03] | You dry the sap, you grind it into a powder. | 有毒 |
[24:05] | A quarter of a gram is enough to kill an adult. | 还是剧毒 把汁液晒干 |
[24:07] | It would look like she had a heart attack. | 研磨成粉 四分之一克就足以杀死一成年人 |
[24:08] | Did look like she had a heart attack. | 会让她看上去是心脏病突发 |
[24:10] | This is how he did it. | 会看上去非常像心脏病突发而亡 这就是他下毒的方式 |
[24:12] | So you were in his garden on his property? | 这么说来 你去了他家 动了他的东西? |
[24:15] | You said you wanted evidence, hard evidence. | 你说过要证据 铁证 |
[24:17] | Here it is. | 你说过要证据 铁证 |
[24:18] | Monk, a million people have this flower in their garden. | 现在摆在你面前了 蒙克 |
[24:20] | I used to have some. | 数以百万的人 家中种这花 |
[24:22] | Let’s let the D.A. decide. | 我以前也种过 那就让地方检察官来评定吧 |
[24:25] | Monk, I’m not going to the D.A. | 蒙克 |
[24:27] | waving a shrub. | 我不会挥着这丛花 |
[24:30] | Look, you don’t seem to understand. | 去地方检察官那 |
[24:32] | This Patrick Kloster thing is a big, bad headline | 听着 |
[24:35] | just waiting to happen. | 你好像还不明白 帕特里克·克劳斯特一案是有待公布的头条新闻 |
[24:37] | Now I know that you’re upset. | 我知道你很焦虑 |
[24:39] | I know that this case is very important to you. | 我知道这案子对你很重要 |
[24:43] | But we need real hard evidence. | 但是我们需要铁证如山 |
[24:45] | Maybe if you found some powder already ground up | 或许等你在他家找到 |
[24:48] | in a little bottle inside his house. | 灌装研碎粉末的话 |
[24:50] | Maybe then. | 或许到那时就行了 |
[24:51] | In a bottle? | 或许到那时就行了 在瓶子里? |
[24:55] | Right, we wouldn’t even need his fingerprints. | 没错 甚至都不需要他的指纹 |
[24:57] | We could just say he wore gloves. | 我们可以说他带着手套 |
[25:00] | What’d you say? | 你说什么? |
[25:03] | Nothing. | Nothing. |
[25:06] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 没什么 |
[25:08] | Come here, I want to show you something. | 我能和你说几句吗? |
[25:10] | What is it? | 来这边 我有点东西给你看 |
[25:11] | Down the hall there’s a sign I think is a little crooked. | 是什么? |
[25:13] | I want your opinion. | 走廊那头有个牌子有点歪了 |
[25:14] | Crooked. I’ll be right back. | 我需要你的意见 |
[25:15] | Come on. | 歪了 我马上回来 |
[25:17] | How crooked is it? | 来吧 |
[25:19] | Oh, it’s very crooked. You’re not gonna believe it. | 有多歪? 非常歪 你都无法相信 |
[25:22] | Why do you need me? | 那为什么需要找我? |
[25:24] | ‘Cause I’m not sure if it is crooked. | 因为我不确定是否歪了 |
[25:26] | You just said it’s very crooked. | 你刚刚说过非常歪 |
[25:28] | Look, I don’t know, Monk. | 听着蒙克 |
[25:31] | Is anybody else in there? | 我也不知道 |
[25:35] | It’s in here. | 里面有人吗? |
[25:41] | There’s nothing crooked in here. | 就在这里 |
[25:45] | I hope not. | 这儿没什么歪的 |
[25:50] | Don’t do it. | 我也希望没有 |
[25:54] | Don’t do what? | 别这么做 |
[25:58] | Break my heart. | 别做什么? |
[26:02] | You’re thinking about planting evidence in Kloster’s house. | 伤我的心 |
[26:09] | Monk, I’ve been a cop for 30 years. | 你想去克劳斯特的家制造些证据 |
[26:11] | I’ve had this conversation nine times. | 蒙克 |
[26:14] | I never thought that I’d be having it with you. | 我当了30年警察 |
[26:19] | There’s a line. | 我这番谈话说过9回 |
[26:22] | You step across it, and you’re gone for good. | 但是从来没想到会发生在我们身上 有条底线 |
[26:25] | There’s no going back. | 你越雷池半步 就彻底玩完了 |
[26:26] | – You don’t understand. – I do understand. | 没有悔退之路 你根本不明白 |
[26:29] | I’ve been there. | 我很明白 |
[26:30] | I’ve had cases like this, cases you couldn’t shake. | 我也有过这样的经历 |
[26:34] | Sometimes you have to let it go. | 我也经历过类似棘手的案子 |
[26:38] | Let it go? | 有时候 你必须放手 |
[26:40] | We have to move on. | 放手? |
[26:43] | There’s a city, a city full of people, | 我们必须向前看 |
[26:45] | other people that need our help right now. | 这座城市 |
[26:51] | When Trudy was dying, | 到处都是人 |
[26:54] | I got there late, almost too late. | 其他人现在正需要我们的帮助 特鲁迪临死时 |
[26:56] | I was there. | 我赶去迟了 差点错过最后一面 |
[26:58] | She was slipping away. She couldn’t speak. | 我当时也在 她弥留之际 无法说话 |
[27:02] | All she could do was reach out. | 她能做的就是伸出手来 |
[27:06] | She… | 她双手握住我的手 |
[27:11] | She grabbed me with both hands. | 就像这样 |
[27:17] | Like this. | 11年后 |
[27:20] | 11 years later, I still feel it. | 我依然能感受到 |
[27:28] | When I promised Linda Kloster, | 当我承诺琳达·克劳斯特的时候 |
[27:31] | when I gave her my solemn word | 当我发誓他丈夫会付出代价的时候 |
[27:33] | that her husband would pay, | 她也是这样抓住我的手 |
[27:35] | she grabbed my hand | 这一次 |
[27:39] | the exact same way. | 我一定不能就这样放手 |
[27:49] | I’m not letting this one go. | 我不会向前看的 蒙克先生 |
[27:56] | I’m not moving on. | 那可是私闯民宅 |
[29:48] | That’s an illegal move, Mr. Monk. | 非法的呀 |
[29:51] | Something I’d expect from a much weaker player. | 这是我所认为弱者的行为 |
[29:56] | The truth is, I have been waiting for you all night. | 事实上 |
[29:59] | I’d almost given up. | 整个晚上我都在这里等你 |
[30:00] | You were waiting for me? | 我都快要放弃了 |
[30:02] | Mmm, ever since I noticed a branch | 你在等我? |
[30:04] | missing from an oleander bush in my garden. | 从我发现园子里少了一丛夹竹桃就开始等了 |
[30:07] | You don’t really think that window | 你不会真认为窗户是忘记上锁的吧 |
[30:09] | was left unlocked by accident, do you, Mr. Monk? | 蒙克先生? |
[30:14] | Mmm, breaking and entering. | 非法私闯民宅 |
[30:17] | I believe that is a felony. | 我想这是个重罪 |
[30:21] | Oh, don’t worry. I’m not a litigious man. | 不用担心 |
[30:25] | I prefer to settle my problems | 我不是个好诉讼的人 |
[30:27] | out of court, as you well know. | 如你所知 |
[30:34] | I am replaying a match of mine from 1995. | 我喜欢在庭外解决问题 我正在复盘1995年的一盘棋 |
[30:39] | Boris Spassky was playing white. | 博里斯·斯帕斯基是白方 |
[30:42] | Where would we be without our little games, | 蒙克先生 |
[30:44] | hey, Mr. Monk? 64 perfect little squares. | 如果没有国际象棋会怎样? |
[30:49] | An island of order in a chaotic world. | 64格完美的小格子 |
[30:55] | This is where I beat him, | 喧世中的一方净土 |
[30:58] | right… | 我在这里击败了他 |
[31:02] | there. This is a wedding gift. | 就这样 |
[31:34] | You dedicated one of your books | 这是结婚礼物 |
[31:36] | to “My queen Tatiana.” | 你把一部书命名为《我的王后塔蒂娜》 |
[31:39] | You were married before. | 你之前结过婚 |
[31:40] | Very good, Mr. Monk. | 你之前结过婚 |
[31:44] | Divorced? | 蒙克先生 |
[31:47] | My wife died. | 你说中了 |
[31:51] | She must have been quite ill. | 离婚了? 我妻子死了 |
[31:52] | Yes, she was. | 她肯定也是身染重病 |
[31:59] | Let me guess, | 是的 |
[32:05] | heart attack? | 的确 |
[32:07] | Mr. Kloster, | 也是心脏病吗? |
[32:08] | the district attorney’s office and Captain Stottlemeyer | 克劳斯特先生 地方检察官以及 |
[32:11] | would like to exhume the body of your first wife. | 警校斯特梅耶要求挖出你前妻的遗体 |
[32:13] | I’ve read their application. | |
[32:15] | They’ve listed a number of similarities between the two cases. | 我已经阅读了他们的申请 他们列出了两个案件之间一系列的雷同之处 |
[32:18] | Your first wife, Tatiana Bay Kloster, | 你的第一任妻子 塔蒂娜·贝·科斯塔 |
[32:22] | was in her 30s, apparently healthy, | 30岁 |
[32:24] | and died from a sudden and severe cardiac event. | 身体健康 |
[32:28] | She too was heavily insured. | 同样死于突发心脏病 |
[32:31] | Captain Stottlemeyer and Mr. Monk have been to Pacifica. | 她同样买了重保 |
[32:35] | They’ve spoken to some of your old neighbors. | 警校斯特梅耶和蒙克先生去了帕西菲卡 |
[32:37] | And a few of them remember you had oleander plants | 他们和你以前的一些老邻居交谈过 其中一些依然记得 |
[32:41] | in your garden 15 years ago. I’m convinced there’s a clear and unique | 15年前你在花园里种过夹竹桃 |
[32:46] | pattern of behavior. I am going to grant this petition. | 这让我相信其中一定有玄机 |
[32:51] | Your first wife’s body | 我会批准他们的请求 |
[32:52] | will be exhumed first thing tomorrow. | 你第一任妻子的遗体将在明早被挖出 |
[32:55] | And let me warn you. | 而且我将警告你 |
[32:56] | If in fact there are traces of this poison in her body, | 如果在她尸体中发现确有此类有毒物质 |
[33:01] | you can expect the district attorney’s office | 地方检查官将以 |
[33:03] | to bring two counts of murder. Thank you, judge. | 两起谋杀罪起诉你 |
[33:13] | Section 261. Should be up there. | 261区 |
[33:23] | Here. | 在那 |
[33:24] | Here it is. | 这里 |
[33:26] | Hey! Hey! Over here! | 是这里了 |
[33:33] | You’re making a big mistake. | 哈里 在这儿 |
[33:34] | You made the mistake, Kloster. | 你错了 是你错了 克劳斯特 |
[33:37] | You should have had your first wife cremated too. | 你应该把你的第一任妻子也火化了 |
[33:41] | Sorry for the delay. | |
[33:42] | We know how important this is, so we wanted to make sure. | 抱歉迟了些 我们知道这非常重要 所以我们非常仔细 |
[33:45] | There was no poison in the body. | 尸体中没有任何有毒物质 |
[33:47] | We didn’t find a thing. | |
[33:49] | Impossible. | 我们什么也没找到 |
[33:50] | The woman died of natural causes. | 不可能 |
[33:53] | We’re sure of it. | 这个女人死于自然原因 |
[33:58] | Thank you, Mr. Monk. | 我们非常确定 |
[34:00] | What for? | 谢谢你了 蒙克先生 |
[34:03] | Uh, our little game. | 谢我什么? |
[34:05] | To be honest with you, | 我们的比赛啊 |
[34:09] | I’m sorry it’s over. | 实话跟你讲 |
[34:17] | Excuse us. Very good. Good to meet you, young man. Excuse us. | 很抱歉游戏结束了 |
[34:21] | Hello, everybody. | 大家好 |
[34:22] | Thank you so much for your generous support. | |
[34:24] | We’re gonna begin the exhibition in just a few minutes. | 非常感谢你们慷慨的支持 |
[34:26] | International grandmaster Patrick Kloster | 展览会将马上开始 |
[34:29] | will be playing simultaneous matches | 国际象棋大师帕特里克·克劳斯特将会 |
[34:30] | against four of the highest ranked players in California. | 同时对阵四名 |
[34:33] | It should prove to be very exciting. | 来自加洲的顶级象棋选手 |
[34:37] | Oh, there’s that kid from the park. | 一定会非常精彩 |
[34:39] | What a geep. | 瞧 那个公园里的孩子 一个宅男 |
[34:41] | What’s a geep? | 一个宅男 什么是”猥客”? |
[34:43] | Well, it’s a geek who’s a little creepy. | 就是比较猥琐的极客 |
[34:46] | All right, Mr. Monk, I have to be honest. | |
[34:48] | I’m still not quite sure why we’re here. | 蒙克先生 我不得不说 |
[34:49] | He won’t talk to you. He won’t return your phone calls. | 我到现在也没弄明白我们为什么要来 他不会和你说话的 |
[34:52] | – What can we do? – I don’t know. | 他都没接你电话 我们还能做什么 |
[34:55] | But I can’t just quit. | 我也不知道 但我不能就此认输 |
[34:57] | To me, quitting would be like giving up. | 对我来说认输就等于放弃 |
[34:59] | If I was playing against him, | 如果我和他比赛他就会和我说话了 |
[35:02] | he’d have to talk to me, right? | 是吗? |
[35:06] | Okay, wait here. | 好吧 |
[35:13] | What’s she doing? | 在这儿等着 |
[35:15] | She’s, uh, | 她在干嘛? |
[35:17] | she’s flirting. | 她在… |
[35:19] | – She’s good at it. – Shut up. | 她在调情 |
[35:20] | She’s definitely done this before. | -她很不赖嘛 -闭嘴 |
[35:22] | Okay. | 她肯定以前也做过 好了 |
[35:26] | – Yeah, she’s got it down. – Thank you. | 她搞定了 |
[35:28] | Mom, you remember my friend Eric. | 行了 |
[35:31] | I told him about the case. | 妈妈 还记得我朋友埃里克吗? |
[35:33] | And about how you think Mr. Kloster killed his wife. | 我跟他说了这个案子 |
[35:37] | I believe it too. Congratulations. | 还有你认为克劳斯特杀害了他的妻子 |
[35:39] | You’re player number one. | 我也这么认为 恭喜你 |
[35:40] | You mean I can play in the tournament? | 你是第一号选手 |
[35:43] | You’re my proxy. It’s in the bylaws. | 你是说我可以比赛吗 |
[35:45] | I can designate someone to take my place. | 你是我的替补 |
[35:47] | Thank you. | 完全符合规定 我能指定其他人代替我参赛 |
[35:49] | Don’t bring out your queen too early. | 谢谢 |
[35:55] | Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome | 别把王后出的太早 |
[35:56] | international grandmaster Patrick Kloster. | 女士们先生们 |
[36:07] | Well, well, well, | 有请国际象棋大师帕特里克·克劳斯特 |
[36:08] | the tenacious Mr. Monk. | 瞧瞧 坚持不懈的蒙克先生 |
[36:10] | Your threshold for pain must be extraordinary. | 你对痛苦的忍受能力真可谓非同寻常 |
[36:13] | It’s your move. | |
[36:14] | Yes, I know. | 该你走了 |
[36:17] | Linda must have truly despised me | 是的 我知道 |
[36:19] | to have brought you into my life. | 琳达还是太低估我了 |
[36:32] | Mr. Monk. | 竟然找你来 |
[36:34] | That’s my piece, Mr. Monk. | 蒙克先生 |
[36:36] | I’m just centering it. | 那是我的棋子 蒙克先生 |
[36:38] | You’ll thank me later. | 我只是把它放在正中 |
[37:06] | Mr. Monk. | 你会谢我的 |
[37:56] | Mr. Monk, please. | 蒙克先生 |
[38:02] | I pass. | 蒙克先生 请 |
[38:04] | You can’t pass. | 我过 |
[38:06] | For the love of God, why don’t you just resign? | 你不能过 |
[38:09] | How ’bout this. | 拜托 你为什么就不能弃权? |
[38:10] | If I win this game, | 要不这样 |
[38:12] | you have to tell me how you poisoned your wives. | 如果我赢了比赛 |
[38:17] | What are you talking about? | 你就告诉我怎么下毒的 |
[38:19] | I am not agreeing to that. | 你在说什么呢 |
[38:21] | How ’bout this, if we play to a draw, | 我不会同意的 |
[38:23] | you come with me to police headquarters… | 那要不这样 |
[38:26] | Mr. Monk, I’m not negotiating with you. | 如果我们下成平局 |
[38:29] | When are you going to realize that it is over? | 你跟我回警局… 蒙克先生 |
[38:41] | You’re castling? | 我不是在和你讨价还价 你什么时候才能意识到已经结束了 |
[38:42] | Yes, the rook and the king switch places. | 你在易位? |
[38:47] | They switch places. | 是的 |
[38:50] | Yes, it’s the best way I know to get oneself out of trouble. | 车和王交换位置 他们交换位置 |
[39:49] | This is it. | 是的 这是我所知道最好的摆脱麻烦的方法 |
[39:59] | You came here that night before we exhumed your wife’s body. | 就是这里了 你在我们挖出你妻子尸体的前一天来这儿 |
[40:04] | And you switched headstones. | 并且更换了墓碑 |
[40:07] | That’s why we didn’t find any poison. | 这就是为什么我们没有找到任何有毒物质 |
[40:10] | We dug up the wrong body. | 我们挖错了尸体 |
[40:15] | Very good, Mr. Monk. | 非常高明 |
[40:18] | You play a brilliant endgame. | 蒙克先生 |
[40:20] | Right. | 在残局中制胜 |
[40:22] | Can I tell you something? | 好吧 |
[40:23] | I am sick and tired of you talking like this, | 想听听我的想法吗 |
[40:27] | all these chess metaphors. | 我受够了你这种下棋式的说话方式 |
[40:28] | Two women are dead. | 两个女人死了 |
[40:30] | They’re not chess pieces, Patrick. | 两个女人死了 |
[40:32] | They’re human beings. I think they deserve better. | 他们不是棋子 |
[40:39] | Although, if you insist, | 帕特里克 他们是人 |
[40:44] | checkmate. | 他们应受到应有的尊重 |
[41:01] | What? | 但如果你执意如此 将军 |
[41:02] | Nothing. | 怎么了? |
[41:04] | I was just thinking about the case | 怎么了? 没什么 |
[41:06] | and how you solved it. | 我只是在想这个案子 |
[41:08] | You really are amazing. | 和你是怎么破案的 |
[41:10] | Well, thank you. | 你实在是太棒了 |
[41:12] | No, you really are my hero. | 谢谢 |
[41:15] | Okay. | 不 你真的是我的英雄 |
[41:16] | I know this sounds crazy, Mr. Monk, | 好啦 |
[41:19] | but could I have your autograph? | 我知道这听起来有点犯傻 |
[41:21] | Oh, please. | 但蒙克先生能给我签名吗 |
[41:22] | Please, just to have it for myself, | 拜托 |
[41:24] | like a keepsake. | 求你了 |
[41:25] | Come on, it’ll just take a second. | 我就当作纪念品自己收藏 |
[41:26] | All right, if it really means something to you. | 来嘛 |
[41:33] | Okay. | 就耽误你一秒钟 好吧 |
[41:37] | Thank you. | 既然你这么想要 好的 |
[41:38] | – That’s Linda Kloster’s check. – Which you just endorsed. | 谢谢你了 |
[41:40] | I’ll be right back. I’m going to the bank. | 那是琳达·克劳斯特的支票 而且你刚刚签字了 我待会回来 |
[41:42] | – You can’t deposit that. – Why not? | 我去银行了 |
[41:44] | You solved the case. You kept your promise. | -你不能取那钱 -为什么 |
[41:45] | Besides, I need the money. | 你解决了案子 履行了自己的承诺 |
[41:47] | Natalie, let… let go. Just give it back. | 而且我也需要钱 |
[41:48] | I think those books are out of order. | 娜塔丽 放手 还给我 |
[41:50] | Where? | 那些书顺序乱了 |
[41:51] | Nat… | 什么? 娜塔… |
[41:55] | Oh, my God, they really are out of order. | 天哪 果然乱了 |