时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Jimmy, we finally have some good news to report. | |
[00:05] | I’m downtown on the corner of Summerset and Geraldi Street, | |
[00:08] | in front of one of the oldest and ugliest parking garages | |
[00:11] | in the city. | 上个月 市议会投票同意 |
[00:12] | But last month, city council voted to tear down this eyesore, | 拆掉这个刺眼的建筑 在原址上修建一个美丽的广场公园 |
[00:16] | and replace it with a beautiful playground | 为附近的孩子们提供玩耍的场所 等等 |
[00:18] | and park for the children of this neighborhood. | Jimmy 出了点状况 |
[00:21] | Uh, hold on, Jimmy, something’s happening. | – 停车场里还有人? |
[00:23] | What you’d say? There’s somebody’s in the garage? | – 发生了点事 |
[00:25] | Something is happening here. There may be someone still inside the garage. | 可能停车场里还有人 |
[00:29] | I don’t give a damn. Who’s this guy? | 这家伙是谁 |
[00:34] | What the hell you think you’re doing? | 你以为你在这儿干嘛啊 |
[00:36] | I don’t know if you heard the news, buddy, | 你听新闻了吧 伙计 我们要拆了这儿 |
[00:38] | but we gotta tear this whole place down. | – 你不能这么做 – 我不能? |
[00:39] | – You can’t do that. – I can’t do that? | 外面有两台推土机说我可以 |
[00:41] | I got two bulldozers outside says I can. | 我不会离开的 |
[00:43] | I’m not leaving! | 好的 听着 伙计 |
[00:45] | All right, pal, look. I don’t know what your story is, all right? | 我不知道你有什么事 |
[00:47] | But you’re going home. Where’s the key to the lock? | 不过你快回家吧 锁链的钥匙呢 |
[00:53] | Give it to me. | 给我 |
[00:57] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[01:00] | Cheese and crackers, we’re tearing down a parking garage here. | 晕啊 我们要把这儿拆掉 这可是件好事啊 |
[01:03] | All right, this is a good thing. | 我们要在这儿为孩子们建一个广场 |
[01:05] | All right, we’re gonna build a playground here for the kids. | 怎么回事 |
[01:07] | What’s the matter, you don’t like kids? | 你不喜欢小孩吗 |
[01:10] | My wife died here. | 我妻子死在这儿 |
[01:12] | Right over there. | 就在那儿 |
[01:14] | Her name was Trudy. | 她叫Trudy 她死在这儿 |
[01:17] | She died here. | 你不能拆 Monk先生 Monk先生 |
[01:20] | You can’t tear it down. | – Natalie 谢天谢地 |
[02:27] | Mr. Monk, Mr. Monk? | – 天啊 你没事吧 |
[02:30] | – Natalie, thank God. – God, are you okay? | 新闻上全在说你 真不敢相信 |
[02:32] | You’re all over the news. I couldn’t believe it. | 他们要把这儿拆掉 你得帮我 |
[02:34] | They were gonna tear it down. Look, you gotta help me. | 你得帮我 |
[02:36] | You gotta. Come on. | 我们与这儿共生死 |
[02:38] | Hell, no, we won’t go! | 我们与这儿共生死 快喊啊 |
[02:40] | Hell, no… Come on. | Monk先生 我不会和你一起喊 |
[02:42] | Mr. Monk, I’m not gonna chant with you. | 你必须得喊 我们可是拍档啊 |
[02:43] | You have to, otherwise the “we” part | 你不喊说不通 这一切都说不通 |
[02:45] | doesn’t make any sense. | 你为什么不打给我 |
[02:47] | None of this makes any sense. Why didn’t you call me? | 你会劝我放弃 |
[02:49] | You would have tried to talk me out of it. | 好的 大家都冷静 |
[02:51] | Everybody, let’s just calm down, okay? | 好吗 我们来解决吧 好吗 |
[02:54] | Let’s just settle down, all right? | 嗨 Adrian |
[02:56] | Hi. Hello, Adrian. | 我是市议会的Eileen Hill |
[02:58] | I’m Eileen Hill. I’m on the city council. | 这个停车场被安排拆除 |
[03:00] | This parking garage is slated for demolition. | 我们上周表决通过了 |
[03:03] | We voted on it last week. | 我知道 |
[03:04] | I know. I was there. | 当时我也在 干脆直接把这傻瓜拖走算了 |
[03:06] | Why can’t we just drag this bozo out of here? | 抱歉 你知道他是谁吗 |
[03:08] | Excuse me, do you know who this man is? | 他是Adrian Monk |
[03:10] | This is Adrian Monk. | 一位被授勋的警官 |
[03:12] | He was a decorated police officer, | 正式或非正式地为这个城市贡献了20年 |
[03:13] | who’s been serving this city officially and unofficially for 20 years. | 显然他今天可是拖了后腿 |
[03:16] | Adrian Well, he sure isn’t serving the city today. | |
[03:19] | Adrian, I understand you lost your wife here. | 我知道你的妻子在这儿身亡 是在哪儿呢 |
[03:23] | Where did it happen? | 在那边 就在那边 |
[03:24] | It was right… | 就在那边 对你痛失爱人 我深表遗憾 |
[03:25] | It was right over there. | 对你痛失爱人 我深表遗憾 |
[03:27] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 真的很遗憾 |
[03:28] | I really am. | 不过希望你体谅我们的处境 |
[03:30] | But you can appreciate our situation. | 这个社区有几百个孩子 |
[03:34] | There are hundreds of children in this community… | 议员 这儿是案发现场 |
[03:36] | Councilwoman, this is a crime scene. | 这儿不可侵犯 |
[03:39] | This is hallowed ground. | Trudy的案子仍未告破 |
[03:41] | Trudy’s case is still open. | 这儿可能还保留着线索 |
[03:42] | There could still be clues here. | 我漏掉的线索 |
[03:46] | Something I missed. | 如果你把这儿拆了 |
[03:48] | If you tear this place down, they’ll be gone forever. | 所有的线索就烟消云散了 这我倒没想到 |
[03:54] | I didn’t consider that. | 就为了秋千 |
[03:55] | You could be letting a killer go free | 滑梯和沙盒 你可能让凶手逍遥法外 |
[03:57] | for a swing set or a sandbox. | – 你叫什么 |
[04:01] | – What’s your name? – Robert. | – 能叫你Bob吗 – 当然可以 |
[04:03] | – Can I call you Bob? – Sure. | – Bob 回去吧 – 什么 |
[04:05] | – Bob, go home. – What? | 我想我们的决定太过仓促 |
[04:06] | I believe our decision here was premature. | 我记得 当时的票数是四比三 |
[04:09] | As I recall, our vote was four to three. | 当票数如此接近时 |
[04:11] | And when the margin is that close, | 任何一位成员都可以要求二次投票 |
[04:13] | any member can ask for a second vote. | 二次…二次投票? |
[04:15] | A second… a second vote? | 是的 这叫做确认投票 |
[04:17] | Yes, it’s called the confirmation vote. | 这叫做确认投票 |
[04:19] | It’s called the confirmation vote! | 我们要暂停这个计划 |
[04:21] | We’re gonna tap the brakes on this, | 召开公众听证会 再次投票 |
[04:22] | conduct a public hearing, and vote on it again. | 好的 你说了算 是的 |
[04:24] | – Fine, it’s your call. – Yes, it is. | 好吧 伙计们 收拾收拾 回家 |
[04:26] | All right, guys, pack it up, let’s go home. | 议员 |
[04:28] | Councilwoman Hill, I… | 我… 实在感激不尽 |
[04:31] | I can’t thank you enough. | 我不会对你做什么保证 Adrian |
[04:33] | I’m not making any promises, Adrian. | 甚至我不保证会投什么票 |
[04:35] | I can’t even tell you how I’m going to vote. | 不过我很感激你对这座城市做的贡献 |
[04:37] | But I do appreciate your service to the city, | 我想你值得有利判决 |
[04:39] | and I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt. | 下周市政厅见 |
[04:42] | See you next week at City Hall? | 好的 |
[04:44] | Yes. | |
[04:46] | Natalie, I feel this | 我感到一种情绪涌上胸膛和脸上 是的 |
[04:50] | tingling in my chest and in my face. | 你很高兴 Monk先生 |
[04:53] | Yeah, you’re happy, Mr. Monk. | 居然你做到了 |
[04:55] | – Happy? – I can’t believe it. | 我做到了 |
[04:57] | – You did it. – I did it. | 你刚刚阻止建造一个儿童广场 |
[04:59] | You just stopped a children’s playground | |
[05:00] | from being built, | 救了这个停车场 |
[05:02] | and saved a parking garage. | 这个社会还是有用的 |
[05:04] | So the system works. | 我们回去吧 |
[05:05] | Let’s get out of here. | 好吧 钥匙呢 |
[05:07] | – All right, where’s the key? – Well, it’s not in the sewer. | 不在下水道里 你不用担心 |
[05:10] | You don’t have to worry about that. | 我开玩笑的 钥匙在下水道里 |
[05:14] | I’m kidding. It’s in the sewer. | 四天后 像是一对夫妻 |
[05:22] | Looks like a married couple. | – 游泳者发现的 – 游泳者? |
[05:24] | – Some swimmers found them. – Swimmers? | 是的 北极熊俱乐部 |
[05:26] | Yeah, you know, the Polar Bear Club? | 他们被刺死 三到四次 她被刺两刀 |
[05:28] | They were stabbed. | 三到四次 她被刺两刀 Monk侦探 我们耽搁你什么事了吗 |
[05:29] | Two and three times. She got it twice. | Monk侦探 我们耽搁你什么事了吗 |
[05:31] | Detective Monk, are we keeping you from something? | 市政厅 他们今天再次投票 |
[05:34] | City council. They’re voting again today. | 对啊 停车场的事 祝你好运 |
[05:36] | Right, the parking garage thing. Good luck on that. | Monk先生 时间还早得很 |
[05:38] | Mr. Monk, we have plenty of time. | 我们该早点去 以防万一 |
[05:40] | We should leave early, though. Just to be safe. | 开车只要十分钟就到了 |
[05:42] | It’s only a ten-minute drive. | 瞧 在这儿都能看见 |
[05:43] | Look, look. You can see it from here. | 我们该早点去 以防万一 |
[05:46] | We should leave early, just to be sure. | 他们是游客 可能是德国人 |
[05:48] | Okay, well, they were tourists. Probably German. | 真的吗 你怎么看出来的 |
[05:52] | Really? Why do you say that? | 因为他们是德国人 |
[05:53] | Because they were German. | 来自柏林 Erhard |
[05:55] | Uh, from Berlin. Mr. and Mrs. Erhard Helmrich. | Helmrich夫妇 在他们的口袋里发现了钱包和护照 |
[05:58] | Uh, we found their wallets and passports in their pockets. | 我问过酒店员工 |
[06:02] | I, uh, talked to a clerk at a hotel. | 他们住在市区的Best Western酒店 |
[06:03] | They were staying downtown at the Best Western. | 他说他们俩都很安静 话不多 |
[06:06] | He said that they were a pretty quiet couple. | 是啊 他们看起来就很安静 |
[06:09] | Yeah, they look pretty quiet. | 是的 不过不是这种安静 |
[06:11] | Yeah, but they weren’t this quiet. | 我是说 在昨晚之前 |
[06:14] | I mean, before last night. | 他们只是一般安静 |
[06:15] | They were just regular quiet, | 在酒店登记入住时 是的 Randy 我懂你的意思 |
[06:17] | like, when they checked in to the hotel. | 是的 Randy 我懂你的意思 |
[06:18] | Yeah, Randy, I know what you mean. | 我只是故意曲解 |
[06:20] | I was trying to be wry. | 哦 对不起 是我没说清楚 |
[06:22] | Oh, sorry, my bad. Do you want to say it again? | 想听我再说一遍吗 你发现什么了 手镯吗 |
[06:26] | What do you got there, a bracelet? | 不 不是手镯 |
[06:28] | No, it’s not a bracelet. | 是一根带子 瞧 |
[06:30] | It’s a strap. See, it’s torn. | 已经破了 她带着照相机 你们发现照相机了吗 |
[06:33] | She had a camera. Did you find a camera? | 没有 |
[06:35] | No. | 肯定被凶手拿走了 |
[06:36] | Then he must have taken it. | 却没把珠宝拿走 |
[06:39] | He left her jewelry. | 这家伙的钱包还在? 里面还有钱吗 |
[06:40] | This guy had a wallet? Was there still money in it? | 是的 美元 欧元都有 |
[06:43] | Yeah, dollars and euros. | 我想昨晚他们在这儿散步 |
[06:46] | I’m thinking they were walking down here last night, | 或许欣赏地平线 |
[06:49] | to get a view of the skyline, maybe, | 欣赏海上生明月 |
[06:52] | see the moonlight on the water. | 却看到了另外一幕 |
[06:56] | They saw something else. | 因此才被杀 |
[06:57] | And they got killed for it. | 是什么呢 |
[06:59] | What was it? | 肯定是很糟糕 很可怕的事情 |
[07:00] | Must have been pretty terrible. | 惨无人道的事 |
[07:02] | Something inhuman. | 令人毛骨悚然的事 都这个时候了? |
[07:05] | Something so horrific… Is that the time? | 该走了 该走了 Natalie |
[07:08] | We gotta go, we gotta go. Natalie! | 等等 你再看看车轮印吧 |
[07:09] | Wait, we want you to look at some tire tracks. | 拍照 多拍些照片就可以了 |
[07:11] | Yeah, take some pictures. Just get a lot of pictures. | 该走了 |
[07:14] | We gotta go. | 快啊 |
[07:17] | Come on! | 他们在哪儿开会 |
[07:21] | All right, so where do they hold these council meetings? | 不知道 我们得找人问问 |
[07:23] | I don’t know, we’ll have to ask someone. | Adrian Monk 你肯定是Natalie |
[07:25] | Adrian Monk. And you must be Natalie. | 我是Paul Crawford 旧金山新闻报道的 |
[07:28] | Paul Crawford. San Francisco Dispatch. | 你好 抱歉 失陪一会儿 先生 |
[07:30] | Yeah, hello, excuse me for just one second, sir! | 这么说你是记者? |
[07:32] | – So you’re a reporter? – I am the reporter. | 我是记者 我一直跟进这个新闻 |
[07:35] | I’ve been following this story. | 打算写一个关于Adrian Monk 和他的停车场的报道 |
[07:36] | I’m thinking about doing an article on Adrian Monk and his parking garage. | “人与广场的较量” |
[07:39] | “Man Versus Playground.” | 我能想象出来 你肯定把他写成一个怪物 |
[07:41] | Yeah, I can see it now, you’d make him out to be a monster. | 恰恰相反 Teeger女士 这事请你保密 |
[07:43] | On the contrary, Ms. Teeger, | 不过 |
[07:44] | please don’t repeat this to anybody, but, uh, I’m on your side. | 我站在你们这边 |
[07:47] | Hope you pull it off. | 希望你们能赢 真有同情心啊 |
[07:48] | Wow, that’s very sympathetic. | 女士 这和同情心毫无关系 |
[07:50] | Lady, sympathy’s got nothing to do with it. | 在那个社区修广场 完全是扯淡 |
[07:52] | Parking’s a bitch in that neighborhood. | 联系我 |
[07:54] | Call me. | Monk先生 好的 就在楼上 我们早到了5分钟 |
[07:55] | Mr. Monk. | 好的 |
[07:57] | Okay, it’s just upstairs. We’re five minutes early. | 就在楼上 我们早到了5分钟 |
[08:03] | – Ooh. – Oh. | 你好 Adrian Natalie |
[08:04] | Hello, Adrian, Natalie. | 你好 Harold |
[08:06] | Hello, Harold. | 听说你在停车场撒泼 |
[08:07] | I heard about your little temper-tantrum downtown. | 那可不是撒泼 |
[08:09] | It wasn’t a temper-tantrum. | 不管是什么 |
[08:11] | Mm-hmm, whatever it was, | 显然奏效了 我有今天的议事日程表 |
[08:13] | it apparently worked. | 看来对于你那个停车场 我们要重新投票 |
[08:14] | I have today’s agenda here, | 看来对于你那个停车场 我们要重新投票 |
[08:16] | and it looks like we’ll be voting on your parking garage again. | 是的 上次我可是赞成拆除 |
[08:19] | That’s right. | 是的 是的 我知道 |
[08:20] | You know, I voted against you last time. | 是的 是的 我知道 |
[08:22] | Yes, yes, I know that. | 不过我一直在考虑 |
[08:23] | But I’ve been thinking about it, | 如果有人好言相劝 我可能会改变主意 |
[08:25] | and I could be persuaded to change my mind. | – 真的? – 是的 |
[08:28] | – Really? – Oh, yes. | 我该怎么投票呢 |
[08:29] | How shall I vote? | 赞成还是反对? |
[08:31] | Aye or nay? Up or down? | 我不知道 |
[08:34] | Hmm, I don’t know. | 全看我的心情了 |
[08:36] | It all depends on my mood. | 我的心情全看我的感受 |
[08:39] | And my mood depends on how I feel. | 这话什么意思 |
[08:42] | What does that mean? | 你的心情全看你的感受? |
[08:44] | Your mood depends on how you feel? | 你知道是什么意思 我真的 真的不知道 |
[08:47] | – You know what it means. – I really, really don’t. | 你知道他是什么意思吗 |
[08:49] | Do you have any idea what he is talking about? | 我晕了 |
[08:51] | I’m lost. | 我说的是你的新心理医生 |
[08:52] | I’m talking about your new therapist. | 那个神秘医生 |
[08:54] | The mystery doctor. | 你口中一直滔滔不绝的那个天才 |
[08:56] | The genius you’re always raving about. | 他到底是谁 叫什么名字 |
[08:58] | Who is he? Just tell me his name. | 我可不能说 这是机密消息 |
[09:00] | I can’t tell you. It’s privileged information. | 才不是呢 |
[09:02] | No, it’s not. | 治疗过程才是机密 |
[09:04] | What happens in the sessions is privileged. | 他的名字算哪门子机密 |
[09:06] | His name isn’t privileged. | 人们天天都在推荐心理医生 |
[09:08] | People recommend therapists every day. | 我说得对吧 Natalie |
[09:10] | Am I right, Natalie? | 我不知道 Harold 我只等着会议结束 |
[09:12] | I don’t know, Harold, I’m just waiting for the conversation to be over. | 好的 |
[09:14] | Okay, fine, fine. | 好的 他的名字叫… |
[09:18] | His name… | 医生… |
[09:20] | is Dr… | 门 |
[09:22] | Door. | 医生门? |
[09:26] | Dr. Door? | 你只能说这么多吗 |
[09:28] | Is that the best you could do? | 如果我们在站报警器旁边 |
[09:30] | I suppose if we were standing over there by that alarm, | 你是不是会说他叫医生铃? |
[09:32] | you woulda said Dr. Bell? | – 哦 天啊 Harold 太对不起了 – 别碰我 别碰我 |
[09:35] | – Oh, God, Harold. I’m so sorry! – Don’t touch me! Don’t touch me! | – 对不起 对不起 – 哦 不 |
[09:38] | Sorry, I’m sorry. | 事实上 |
[09:39] | Oh. Oh, no. | 我不需要你那一票 |
[09:41] | You see, the truth is, Harold, I really don’t need your vote. | 周末我和议员说过了 |
[09:43] | I spoke to Councilwoman Hill over the weekend, | 她现在站在我这边 |
[09:45] | and she’s on my side now. | – 她要改投? – 没错 |
[09:47] | – She’s switching her vote? – Well, that’s right. | 所以现在是四比三 我想这就叫”过半数”了吧 |
[09:49] | So now the vote is four to three in my favor. | 哦 Monk 嘿 |
[09:52] | Natalie Harold And I believe they call that a “majority.” | |
[09:56] | Oh, Monk, hey, Natalie… Harold, you’re all wet. | 你怎么像落汤鸡似的 Eileen Hill议员 |
[10:01] | You know, the councilwoman, Eileen Hill, the one you’ve been talking about? | 你说过的那个? 是的 是的 出什么事了吗 |
[10:04] | Yeah, yeah. Did something happen? | 还不肯定 我们刚刚和她姐姐谈过 |
[10:06] | We’re not sure. | 我们刚刚和她姐姐谈过 她失踪了 |
[10:07] | We just talked to her sister. She’s gone missing. | 她失踪了 Hill议员办公室 |
[10:15] | Councilwoman Hill’s office, | 请稍等 |
[10:17] | can you hold, please? | Hill议员办公室 |
[10:19] | Councilwoman Hill’s office, may I put you on hold? | 请稍等 你好 |
[10:22] | Hello? | 你好 我叫… 我现在不能和你说话 |
[10:23] | Hello, my name is… | 我现在不能和你说话 |
[10:24] | I can’t talk to you right now, okay? | 议员失踪了 |
[10:26] | The councilwoman is missing. | 现在这儿乱成一团了 |
[10:27] | It’s a madhouse in here. | – 幸好今天周五 – 今天不是周五 |
[10:28] | – Thank God it’s Friday. – It’s not Friday. | 谁告诉你的 |
[10:30] | – Who told you that? – Well, no one told me. | – 没人告诉我 – Hill议员办公室 |
[10:33] | Councilwoman Hill’s office, can you hold? | 请稍等 喂? |
[10:34] | Hello? | 他们挂了 |
[10:35] | They hung up. | 他们挂了 我想是你切断的 |
[10:37] | I… I think you disconnected them. | – 我为什么要这么做 – 我不知道 |
[10:39] | – Why would I do that? – I don’t know. | 我叫Natalie Teeger 这位是Adrian Monk |
[10:41] | I’m Natalie Teeger, this is Adrian Monk. | 我们和警察一起工作 |
[10:43] | We’re working with the police. | 我们找Hill议员 |
[10:45] | We’re looking for councilwoman hill. | 你们该先打电话预约 |
[10:47] | You should have called first. | 我们打过了 – 可是你一直让我们等着 然后… – Hill议员办公室 |
[10:48] | I tried. We tried. But you kept putting us on hold, and then… | – 可是你一直让我们等着 然后… – Hill议员办公室 |
[10:50] | Councilwoman Hill’s office, hello? Can I help… Hello? | 喂 请问有… 一直让我们等着 |
[10:53] | Hanging up on us. | 我已经跟警察说过了 |
[10:54] | Look, I already talked to the police. | 一个警官之类的人 |
[10:56] | A sergeant or something. I don’t remember his name. | 我不记得名字了 脸上有一道大伤疤 |
[10:59] | He just had a big scar on his face. | 就像你 |
[11:00] | Just like yours. | – 我脸上没伤疤 – 你当然有 |
[11:02] | – I don’t have a scar. – Sure, you do. | 在你面颊上 就在那儿 |
[11:05] | It’s on your cheek. It’s right there. | 你们俩都有 |
[11:06] | You both do. | 我像是你的镜片上有划痕 |
[11:08] | I think you have a scratch on your glasses. | 我能和谁谈谈吗 |
[11:15] | Is there someone else here I could talk to? | 你可以和她谈 |
[11:17] | You could talk to her. | 我是说在这儿工作的人 |
[11:19] | I mean someone who works here. | 去找Janet Grote试试 |
[11:22] | Well, you could try Janet Grote. | 她是法律事务助理 |
[11:24] | She’s a legislative assistant. | – 太好了 她人呢 |
[11:25] | – Thank God. Where is she? – She’s not in. | – 不在这儿 是这样的 |
[11:28] | Here’s the thing. | 我在调查 |
[11:29] | I’m conducting my own investigation. | 是私人原因 |
[11:32] | It’s kind of personal. | 我要和议员谈谈 |
[11:34] | I need to speak with the councilwoman. | 有一个投票 对我至关重要 |
[11:36] | There’s a vote that’s very important to me, | 他们推迟到下周 |
[11:39] | and they’ve just postponed it until next week. | 你最后一次见到Hill女士是什么时候 |
[11:46] | When was the last time you saw Ms. Hill? | 昨天早上 |
[11:48] | Yesterday morning. She same in for about an hour. | 她来了大概一个小时 然后就走了 她有约 |
[11:50] | And then she had to leave. She had an appointment. | 很好 和谁 |
[11:52] | Great. With whom? | 我不知道 |
[11:54] | I don’t know. I’d have to check her calendar. | 得查她的日程表 |
[11:58] | Could you do that, please? | 请你现在就查吧 我不喜欢你 |
[12:02] | I don’t like you. There it is. | 在这儿 这是她一周的日程表 |
[12:04] | That’s her schedule for the whole week. | 好的 能为我们打印一份吗 |
[12:06] | Oh, great, can you print that out for us, please? | 我怎么给你们打印 |
[12:07] | How am I supposed to get you a copy? | 我怎么给你们打印 打印机就在你身后 |
[12:09] | There’s a printer right behind you. | 是的 可是没有打印键 |
[12:11] | Yeah, there’s no print button. | 有的 就在这儿 写着”打印”呢 |
[12:13] | Yeah, it’s right here. It says “P-N-T.” | – 打印? – 那是缩写 |
[12:15] | – Pint? – It’s abbreviated. | 打印 |
[12:17] | It’s print. It’s for printing. Printer. | 打印 打印 |
[12:19] | – Print. – I’m new here. | 我是新来的 是吗 还真没看出来呢 |
[12:21] | Really? I never would have guessed that. | – 你这是屈尊纡贵吗 – |
[12:23] | – Are you patronizing me? – No, I’m insulting you. | 不 我是直接侮辱你 很好 |
[12:27] | Great. | 幸好今天是周五 |
[12:29] | – Thank God it’s Friday. – Take your time. | 慢慢来 希望羊水别破了 |
[12:31] | I hope my water doesn’t break. | 这年头 绅士全不见了 |
[12:37] | Chivalry is dead. | 我真讨厌你 |
[12:39] | I don’t like you at all. | 她失踪了 |
[12:40] | So she disappeared. | |
[12:43] | Her last appointment was 10:30 a.m. with Paul Crawford. | 最后一个会面是上午10点30 和Paul Crawford |
[12:47] | The reporter. | 那个记者 – 是的 |
[13:07] | – Paul Crawford. – Yep. | 早上好 |
[13:09] | Good morning. | 我是上尉Leland Stottlemeyer 这是中尉Disher |
[13:10] | I’m Captain Leland Stottlemeyer. This is Lieutenant Disher. | Adrian Monk Natalie Teeger你认识 |
[13:13] | You know Adrian Monk, Natalie Teeger. | 要找你可真难啊 Crawford先生 |
[13:15] | You’re a hard man to find, Mr. Crawford. | 我们在你家里留言 |
[13:17] | We were leaving messages at your house. | 抱歉 中尉 整晚我都在外面 |
[13:19] | My apologies, lieutenant. I was out all night. | 写关于警察腐败的系列报道 |
[13:21] | Working on a series of articles about police corruption. | 记得保密 你们明白的 |
[13:24] | Confidential, hush-hush. You understand. | 是啊 我倒不怎么期待这个报道 |
[13:26] | Yeah, I look forward to not reading that. | -车不错啊 |
[13:28] | Nice car. | -是的 |
[13:29] | Yes, it is. | 卖命工作 |
[13:30] | All it takes is hard work, a modicum of natural talent, | 一点点才华 加上娶亿万富翁的独生女得来的 |
[13:33] | and marrying a billionaire’s only daughter. | 我又迟了 能边走边谈吗 |
[13:34] | And I’m late as usual. Can we walk and talk? | 当然 |
[13:36] | Sure. | 你的捍卫停车场行动怎么样了 Monk先生 |
[13:38] | What about your crusade, Mr. Monk? How did the vote go? | 投票结果如何 其实没有投票 |
[13:40] | Well, actually, there was no vote. It’s been postponed. | 推迟了 那你来这儿做什么 |
[13:42] | – That why you’re here? – In a way. | Hill议员失踪了 |
[13:45] | Councilwoman Hill has officially disappeared. | 她失踪了? |
[13:49] | She’s missing? | 从周一就下落不明 |
[13:51] | Since Monday. | 查过她的公寓吗 |
[13:52] | Did you check her apartment? I think she lived with her sister. | 她和她姐姐住在一起 我们昨晚去过了 |
[13:55] | We were there last night. | 没有打斗的痕迹 一切正常 |
[13:57] | There were no signs of a struggle, nothing unusual. | 那她的车呢 |
[13:59] | What about her car? | 停在外面 不过她的钱包和钥匙不见了 |
[14:01] | It was parked out front, but her wallet and her keys were gone. | 不过她的钱包和钥匙不见了 坏兆头 是吧 |
[14:03] | – Not a good sign, is it? – No, sir, it’s not. | 是的 根据她的日程表 |
[14:05] | According to her schedule, uh, she was with you Monday morning. | 周一上午她和你在一起 没错 Eileen和我在办公室见面 |
[14:08] | That’s true; Eileen met me here at the office. | 我认识Eileen好几年了 |
[14:10] | I have known Eileen for years. | 她读我的文章 对此还提了些问题 – |
[14:11] | She read an article of mine, and, uh, had a few questions. | 她看起来是否很沮丧 – 没有 |
[14:14] | – Did she seem depressed? – No. | 她喝酒吗 |
[14:15] | Had she been drinking? | 不 不 不 她现在不能喝酒了 |
[14:16] | No, no, no. She wouldn’t be drinking now. | 那是什么文章 |
[14:18] | What was the article about? The one she was interested in? | 她感兴趣的那篇 关于食品行业的 热狗店的老板 |
[14:21] | It was about the food industry. Hot dog vendors. | 我也读过 从那以后就再也不吃热狗了 |
[14:23] | I read that. I haven’t had a hot dog since. | 天啊 那些照片真恶心 |
[14:26] | Oh, God, the pictures. | 这是恭维话吧 |
[14:27] | I take that as a compliment. That’s actually a talent of mine. | 这是恭维话吧 这确实我的才能之一 |
[14:30] | I can take almost anything as a compliment. | 几乎一切的话我都能当作 是对我的恭维 Eileen也读了这篇文章 |
[14:32] | Eileen read the article too. | 因为那是她最得意的一项工程 |
[14:34] | Became sort of a pet project of hers. | 她说想关掉所有的热狗店 事实上 |
[14:36] | She said that she wanted to shut all the vendors down. | 她说她要见一个叫做 George |
[14:38] | In fact, she said she was meeting a man named George Gianopolous. | Gianopolous的人 热狗大王? |
[14:41] | The Hot Dog Czar? | 是的 她临走时是这么说的 – |
[14:42] | Yeah, when she left, she said that’s where she was going. | 还有什么事吗 – 没了 先生 |
[14:45] | – Anything else? – No, sir, that’s it. | 还有需要的话 我们会联系你的 |
[14:47] | If we need anything, we’ll call you. | 我很期待 天啊 |
[14:48] | Look forward to it. | 这儿还有呢 – |
[15:10] | You missed a couple. | 我曾被活埋过 – |
[15:16] | I was buried alive once. | 是的 我记得 |
[15:18] | Yeah, I remember. | 我被装在一个箱子里 |
[15:19] | I was in a box. | 被埋在地下三个小时 |
[15:21] | I was underground for three hours. | 现在那个箱子 |
[15:24] | And that box is now | 是我第二最害怕待的地方了 |
[15:26] | the second-most frightening place I’ve ever been. | 嘿 |
[15:29] | Hey! | – 有什么事吗 |
[15:30] | Can I help you? | – 你是Gianopolous先生吗 |
[15:32] | Yeah, are you Mr. Gianopolous? | 你是公共卫生检查员? |
[15:33] | You health inspectors? | 凶案组 |
[15:35] | Homicide. | 哦 |
[15:36] | Oh! Hey! | 嘿 没事了 |
[15:38] | It’s okay, they’re only from homicide! | 他们只是凶案组的 魂都被你吓掉了 |
[15:41] | You scared the bejeezus out of me. | 你就是热狗大王吗 |
[15:44] | Are you the, uh, Hot Dog Czar? | 我爸爸是Frankie |
[15:47] | My father was Frankie Gianopolous. | Gianopolous 他才是最早的热狗大王 |
[15:49] | And he was the original czar. | 当时我只是二大王 |
[15:51] | And I was the… the Duke of Dogs. | 他去世后 |
[15:54] | And then, when he passed away… Oh. | 等等 |
[16:00] | Hold on. | 天啊 |
[16:01] | Oh, my God, are you okay? | 你没事吧 没事 |
[16:04] | No. | 我很好 |
[16:06] | No, I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[16:07] | Oh, boy, I’m fine. | 每周总有三 四次这种情况 |
[16:09] | Oh, that happens to me three or four times a week. | 医生也查不出来原因 |
[16:11] | My doctor can’t figure it out. | 真的吗 |
[16:13] | Really? His doctor can’t figure it out. | 他的医生查不出来原因 我爸爸去世后 |
[16:16] | Anyway, when my old man passed, | 可以说 |
[16:18] | I inherited his kingdom, so to speak. | 我继承了他的王国 你饿吗 |
[16:20] | – You hungry? – Yeah, yeah, sure, I’ll take one. | 我的 我拿一个吧 我喜欢热狗 |
[16:23] | I love hot dogs. | 好的 好的 随便拿 |
[16:24] | Oh, yeah, yeah, take all you want. | 我们照顾心情不好的朋友 |
[16:26] | We take care of our friends in blue, | 他们也照顾我们 |
[16:28] | and they take care of us. | 味道真好 |
[16:30] | Boy, that’s good. | 里面是什么 牛肉还是猪肉 |
[16:31] | What is that, beef or pork? | 我们用的是”肉” |
[16:33] | We use “meat.” | 为什么这么说呢 |
[16:35] | Why do you say it like that? | 法律规定 |
[16:36] | Uh, we are required by law to put it in quotes. | 我们要用引号 是啊 |
[16:39] | Yeah. | 热狗大王先生 |
[16:40] | Mr. Dog… | |
[16:42] | Mr. Dog Czar, | 我们在找议员Eileen |
[16:44] | we’re looking for Councilwoman Eileen Hill. | Hill 她失踪两天了 |
[16:46] | She’s been missing for two days. | 我听说了 |
[16:48] | I heard about that. It was on the news. | 新闻上也播了 我帮不了你 |
[16:50] | I can’t help you. | 你最后一次见她是什么时候 |
[16:52] | When was the last time you saw her? | 大概三个周以前 |
[16:54] | Oh, it was, like, three weeks ago. | 一个月 |
[16:56] | A month, uh… | 行 |
[17:00] | No, they’re good. | 周一早上她打电话给我 |
[17:02] | Uh, she did call me on Monday morning | 说她要来 |
[17:06] | and said she was coming over, but she never showed up. | 可她没来 这对我来说可是好消息 |
[17:08] | Which was fine with me. | 你不喜欢她? |
[17:10] | – You don’t like her? – Oh, I wouldn’t say that. | 哦 我倒不这么说 |
[17:14] | I would say I hate her. | 我恨她 恨 |
[17:16] | Hate. | 她是这儿所有卖主的公敌 |
[17:18] | And every vendor here feels exactly the same way. | 她想把我们管死 |
[17:21] | She wants to regulate us to death. | 她想让我们带手套 |
[17:22] | – She wants us to wear gloves. | |
[17:24] | And to put lids on the condiment trays. | 在调味盘上加盖 – |
[17:26] | Lids! | 加盖 每隔一天换一次锅里的水 |
[17:27] | And to change the water in the pots every other day. | 这有什么错吗 |
[17:29] | And what’s wrong with that? | 热狗就像美酒一样 |
[17:31] | These dogs are like a fine wine. | 需要慢炖 |
[17:33] | They need to simmer. | 慢炖 这就是秘诀 |
[17:34] | The simmering. That’s the secret. | 是的 |
[17:36] | Yeah, the simmering. | 慢炖 |
[17:39] | See, the “meat” has to simmer. | 肉需要慢炖 她没打电话来取消见面 |
[17:42] | Anyway, yeah, she never called to cancel. | 也没来过 |
[17:44] | She never showed up. That’s all I know. | 我就知道这些 是的 |
[17:47] | Yeah, maybe she did show up. | 或许她来过 |
[17:51] | And maybe you had an altercation. | 或许你们吵了起来 或许你攻击她 |
[17:55] | And maybe you hit her. | 或许你杀了她 |
[17:56] | And maybe you killed her. | 或许我们会申请搜查令 |
[17:59] | Maybe we’re gonna have to get a search warrant and tear this place apart. | 把这儿查个底朝天 |
[18:03] | You go right ahead and be my guest. | 你们随便吧 相信我 |
[18:07] | Believe me, | 如果我真像你们所说的那样 |
[18:09] | if I did what you are accusing me of, | 我可不会留着她的尸体 |
[18:12] | I wouldn’t just leave her body lying around. | 我会处理得谁也找不到 |
[18:16] | She would be somewhere where no one would find her. | 她会永远消失 |
[18:20] | She would be gone. | 祝你好心情 |
[18:23] | Have a good day. | 你听见他的话了吗 |
[18:26] | You hear what he said? | 是的 |
[18:28] | Yeah, some place we’d never find her. | 谁都找不到 太神秘了 |
[18:31] | Randy Mysterious. | |
[18:32] | Randy, think about it. | 好好想想 或许把她埋在某个公园里 |
[18:34] | Maybe bury her in some park somewhere. | 天啊 |
[18:36] | Gah, I could eat a million of these things. | 这东西再多我也吃得下 |
[18:53] | There you are. | 你在这儿 太好了 你来了 |
[18:55] | Oh, thank God you’re here. | -直了吗 -是的 |
[18:57] | – Is that straight? – Yeah, it is. | – 不 往左一边? – 不 已经完美了 |
[18:58] | – No, the left side? – No, it’s perfect. | – 我想不是 – 已经完美了 |
[19:00] | – I don’t think so. – It’s perfection. | – 我和上尉谈过了 – 你居然没看出来 |
[19:02] | – You’re blind. – Look, I talked to the captain. | 他看过了监控录像 |
[19:03] | He just looked at the surveillance tapes. | 他说Eileen Hill没去过那个仓库 |
[19:05] | He said Eileen Hill never went near that warehouse. | 那个做热狗的家伙通过了测谎测试 – |
[19:08] | Plus, the hot dog guy passed a polygraph test. | 线索断了 – 可能 |
[19:10] | – Looks like a dead end. – Yeah, it probably is. | 他还要回答上帝 |
[19:13] | He’ll still have to answer to God | 他一直用的那个”肉” |
[19:14] | for that “meat” he’s been serving, though. | 或许电线杆是弯的 |
[19:16] | Maybe the pole is crooked. | 你做了多少张 |
[19:19] | – How many of these did you make? – 1,000. | 1000张 那你贴了多少张 |
[19:21] | And how many have you put up? | 算上这张 |
[19:22] | Uh, including this one, | 一张 |
[19:25] | one. This’ll be one. | 你写酬金了? |
[19:26] | You’re offering a reward? | 瞧 |
[19:28] | Look, I… I have to find her. | 我必须找到她 两天后会再次投票 |
[19:31] | There’s gonna be another vote in two days. | 没她我赢不了 |
[19:34] | I can’t win without her. | 而且你想确定她没有出事 |
[19:35] | And you want to make sure she’s safe. | – 什么 |
[19:37] | What? | – 你想确定她没有出事 |
[19:38] | And you want to make sure she’s safe. | 是的 |
[19:40] | Yeah… Yeah. Oh, yeah, yeah. | 是的 那也是的 |
[19:42] | That too, yep. | 好的 |
[19:44] | Okay, that’s… that’s good enough. | 现在很好了 |
[19:46] | Let’s go. Let’s go, let’s move on. | 走吧 |
[19:48] | We’re moving on. | 我们继续 我们继续 |
[19:53] | God, if they tear down that parking garage, | 天啊 如果他们真拆了停车场 我不知道自己能做什么 |
[19:56] | I don’t know what I’d do. | 别担心 Monk先生 一切都会好起来的 |
[19:58] | Don’t worry, Mr. Monk. Everything’s gonna be fine. | 她就在某个地方 |
[20:00] | She’s out there somewhere. We’ll just keep looking. | 我们继续找吧 |
[20:03] | We’ll find her. | 肯定会找到她的 |
[20:07] | So, uh, you want me to put this up? | 你要我贴这个? 或许就贴在候诊室里 |
[20:10] | Maybe in the waiting room. | 我想这可能会引起一些病人不安 |
[20:12] | I think it might upset some of my patients. | 他们已经够多疑的了 |
[20:14] | A lot of them are paranoid enough. | 那如果我在底下写上”她可能没事”呢 |
[20:16] | Well, what if I write “She’s probably okay” on the bottom? | 或许吧 |
[20:21] | Maybe. | 你说这话的意思是… |
[20:22] | And by “maybe,” you mean… | 不行 |
[20:24] | I mean “no.” I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:28] | Adrian, you’ve been going back to that parking garage | Adrian 11年来你一直去那个停车场 |
[20:31] | for 11 years. | – 自从Trudy死后 |
[20:33] | Ever since Trudy died. | – 是的 |
[20:34] | That’s right. | 一个月去两三次 |
[20:36] | You’re there two… maybe three times a month. | 鉴证科的人已经彻底地检查过那儿了 |
[20:39] | The forensics people have covered every inch of it. | 所以我的问题是 |
[20:42] | So here’s my question. | 你是否相信… |
[20:45] | Do you believe… | 在你内心深处 |
[20:46] | I mean, do you really believe, | 你是否真的相信… |
[20:48] | in your heart of hearts, | 停车场里仍然存在你没发现的证据? |
[20:51] | that there’s evidence in that parking garage you haven’t found? | 不 |
[21:02] | No. | 尽管如此 |
[21:03] | Still, you’re determined to save it. | 你还是坚决要挽救停车场 |
[21:07] | There’s a wall on the lower level. | 在矮的那边有一面墙 一面灰色的墙 |
[21:10] | It’s a gray wall, | 上面用红色油漆大大地写着B-5 |
[21:12] | and it says “B-5” in big, red letters. | 那是什么墙 |
[21:17] | What about that wall? | 是她最后看到的东西 |
[21:20] | It was the last thing that she saw. | 没有它我无法生活下去 |
[21:26] | I can’t live without it. | 好吧 |
[21:29] | All right. | 我是这么想的 |
[21:32] | Here’s what I think. | 我想你该放手了 |
[21:35] | I think you should let it go. | 让孩子们拥有一个广场 |
[21:37] | Let the children have their playground. | – 我做不到 – 我想你做得到 |
[21:40] | I can’t. | 5年前 你也许做不到 |
[21:41] | I think you can. | 5年前 你也许做不到 |
[21:42] | Five years ago, you probably couldn’t. | 不过现在 |
[21:45] | But now, I think you’re ready | 我想你已经准备好了 我永远都不会准备好 |
[21:48] | I’ll never be ready. | 所以我必须找到她 |
[21:49] | That’s why I have to find her. | 明天上午就要投票了 |
[21:52] | They’re going to vote again tomorrow morning. | 没有Hill议员 |
[21:54] | Without Councilwoman Hill, it’s three to three. | 就是三比三 新的投票不算数 |
[21:57] | The new vote wouldn’t count. They’ll tear it down. | 他们还是会拆的 你觉得她被杀了吗 |
[22:01] | You think she was murdered? | 现在看起来有这个可能 |
[22:03] | It’s starting to look like it. | 或许她跑了 |
[22:05] | Maybe she ran away. | 或许她无法受不了繁多的会议 |
[22:07] | Maybe she couldn’t stand all those meetings. | 我也在市政厅工作过 |
[22:09] | I served on the city council. | 不是这儿 是在Tulsa的时候 |
[22:11] | Not here. When I lived in Tulsa. | 我实在讨厌 |
[22:13] | I hated it. | 会开得没完没了 |
[22:14] | The meetings where interminable. | 几个月后 |
[22:16] | After a few months, | 我不再去了 |
[22:17] | I stopped going all together. | 让我的秘书做我的代理人 |
[22:19] | I used to send my secretary in as my proxy. | 这合法吗 |
[22:23] | Is that legal? | 那是在Tulsa |
[22:25] | It was in Tulsa. | 代理人 |
[22:30] | Adrian Proxy. | |
[22:32] | Adrian, you’re standing up. | 你站起来了 坐下吧 |
[22:34] | Why don’t you sit down? | 你太有才了 |
[22:36] | I think you’re a genius. | 好吧 那你继续站着吧 |
[22:38] | Okay, you can stand. | 请稍等 如果电话断了 |
[22:43] | I’m gonna put you on hold. | 请别再打来了 – |
[22:44] | If you get disconnected, please don’t call back. | 哦 又是你 |
[22:46] | Oh, it’s you again. | – 是的 是我 |
[22:48] | Yes, it is. It’s me. | – 找到她了吗 – 还没有 其实我要找的是Grote女士 |
[22:50] | – Did you find her? – Not yet. | 其实我要找的是Grote女士 |
[22:51] | Actually, I was… I was looking for Ms. Grote. | 我说了 她不在 |
[22:53] | I told you, she’s not in. | – 她还没回来? – 她病了 |
[22:55] | She’s still not back? | 她得了肺炎 |
[22:57] | No, she’s sick. She has pneumonia. | – 两周后才回来 |
[22:59] | She won’t be back for two weeks. | – 哦 |
[23:01] | Oh, God. | 天啊 你是这儿的员工 |
[23:08] | You’re a staff member. | 你是全职的 |
[23:11] | I mean, you’re… You’re full-time, right? | 对吗 为什么 |
[23:13] | Why? | 明天你可以在听证会上投票 你有这个权力 |
[23:14] | You can vote at the hearing tomorrow. | 你有这个权力 我想没有 |
[23:16] | – You have the authority. – I don’t think so. | 不 不 不 附则里有规定 |
[23:18] | No, no, no. It’s in the bylaws. | 瞧 |
[23:20] | Look. | 如果议员缺席 |
[23:22] | “If a council member is absent or incapacitated for any reason, | 或因故无法到场 |
[23:26] | any member of his or her staff…” | 他的任何员工… |
[23:52] | It’s Maria, isn’t it? | 你是Maria吧 |
[24:02] | These are for you. | 这是给你的 那你为什么问Janet |
[24:10] | Why were you asking about Janet? | 我… |
[24:12] | I… | 我只想确定她不在这儿 |
[24:14] | I just wanted to make sure she wasn’t here. | 因为我不想让她吃醋 |
[24:16] | ‘Cause I didn’t want her to, you know, get jealous. | 你有兴趣吗 |
[24:20] | Are you interested… | 对政治? |
[24:23] | in politics? | 没有 |
[24:25] | No. | 棒极了 |
[24:26] | Hmm, fascinating. | 我喜欢你的想法 |
[24:28] | I like the way you think. | 你… |
[24:33] | Are you, um… | 你忙得没时间吃午饭吗 |
[24:35] | Are you, uh, busy for lunch, | 或者你真是模范员工 |
[24:37] | or do you have a modeling job? | -我结婚了 -是的 我知道 我知道 |
[24:39] | – I’m married. – Yeah, no, I know, I know. | 纯属公事 |
[24:41] | Strictly business. | 明天有一场关键的投票 |
[24:43] | There’s a big vote tomorrow, | 我只想你听听我的看法 |
[24:45] | and I just want you to hear my side of it. | 我只有15分钟 |
[24:48] | I only get 15 minutes, so I usually just grab a hot dog. | 通常我都吃热狗 很好 很好 |
[24:53] | Great, perfect. | 那就吃热狗 |
[24:55] | Hot dog. | 再加点泡菜 |
[25:05] | And some Sauerkraut. | 别太多 |
[25:07] | Not too much. | 太多了 |
[25:09] | That’s too much. | 再要一点 |
[25:11] | A little more. | 谢谢 |
[25:15] | Thank you. | 你不饿吗 |
[25:17] | You’re not hungry? | 不 不 |
[25:18] | No… uh, no, I’m fine. I ate yesterday. | 我很好 我昨天吃过了 |
[25:22] | Three dollars. | 3块 哦 |
[25:36] | Oh, uh, let me get that. | 让我来付吧 小事一桩 |
[25:38] | It’s no problem. | – 多谢 |
[25:43] | Thanks a lot. Thank you. | – 谢谢 再见你 |
[25:45] | It was a “pleasure” seeing you again. | 真是很开心 我是说 |
[25:50] | I mean, a real “pleasure.” | 真的”开心” – |
[25:52] | The “pleasure” is all mine. | 加引号的开心 – 好的 |
[25:55] | All right, I get it. | 明白了 Maria |
[25:59] | So, Maria, how you holding up? | 你是怎么处理工作的 都快疯了 |
[26:03] | Oh, it’s crazy up there. | 记者 侦探 电话打个不停 |
[26:04] | Reporters keep calling. And detectives. | 你一点线索都没有吗 |
[26:06] | You don’t have any clues or leads or anything? | 暂时还没有 |
[26:09] | Not yet. | 雇佣我之前 |
[26:13] | She should have told me she might be disappearing before she hired me. | 她应该告诉我她会失踪 这是基本礼貌 |
[26:16] | Uh-huh. | 应该写在广告单上 |
[26:17] | It’s common courtesy. | |
[26:18] | She could have put it on the flyer. | 有广告单? |
[26:20] | There was a flyer? | 是的 在我心理助产法的教室里 所以我才得到这份工作 |
[26:22] | Yeah, in my lamaze class. That’s how I got the job. | 真的? |
[26:24] | Really? | 这次面试再容易不过了 |
[26:29] | It was the easiest job interview I ever had. | 我们谈了大概5分钟 |
[26:31] | We talked for, like, five minutes. | 她让我去做药物检测 就这样 |
[26:33] | Then she gave me a drug test, and that was it. | 哦 或许我不该吃这些东西 |
[26:37] | Oh, I probably shouldn’t be eating these things. | 是啊 |
[26:39] | Yeah. | 如果你20年后遇见我孩子 – 别告诉他 好吗 – 我保证 |
[26:40] | If you ever meet my kid in, like, 20 years, | – 别告诉他 |
[26:42] | – just don’t tell him, okay? – I promise. | 好吗 – 我保证 |
[26:47] | So Maria, | 你是怎么想的 |
[26:49] | what do you think? | 什么事 |
[26:51] | About what? | 那个停车场 |
[26:53] | About the parking garage, where my wife died. | 我妻子丧命的地方 |
[26:56] | Can you believe they want to tear it down? | 你相信吗 他们居然要拆掉 |
[26:59] | Isn’t that outrageous? | 实在太残忍了 我想是吧 |
[27:02] | I guess. | 不过建个广场对孩子倒也不错 |
[27:03] | Although, you know, a playground would be nice, | |
[27:06] | for the kids. | 是的 |
[27:07] | Yeah, but, they don’t really need a playground. | 不过他们不需要广场 |
[27:11] | They can play in the parking garage. | 在停车场里也可以玩啊 那儿有斜坡 |
[27:14] | It has ramps. God, kids love ramps, right? | – 孩子都爱斜坡 对吧 – 没错 |
[27:17] | That’s true. | 他们可以把那当作堡垒或私人船只 |
[27:19] | They can pretend it’s a fort or pirate ship. | 尽情发挥想象力 |
[27:23] | They can use their imaginations, | 我想更加需要的是想象力 |
[27:26] | which, I think we need more of. | – 或许吧 |
[27:29] | Hmm. Maybe. | – 所以如果你同意 |
[27:31] | Yeah, so if you agree, | 你只需要参加明天的听证会 |
[27:33] | all you have to do is go to that hearing tomorrow, | 举起你的手 |
[27:36] | and just raise your hand. | 好吗 |
[27:39] | Just raise it up, okay? | 为想象力投上你的一票 |
[27:42] | Cast your vote for imagination. | 我不知道 |
[27:47] | I don’t know. | 你想让我代表Hill女士 |
[27:49] | You want me to represent Ms. Hill, | 可是我怎么知道她的想法 |
[27:51] | but how do I know what she would do? | 她对我说过 |
[27:53] | She told me. | 我们谈过这事 |
[27:54] | We talked all about this. | 她站在我这边 |
[27:57] | She’s on my side. | 可她从没我说过 |
[27:58] | Well, she never said anything to me. | 能找到她的记事本就好了 |
[28:00] | I just wish we could find her journals. | 她什么都写在记事本上 |
[28:01] | She used to write down all her notes in a journal. | 没有记事本 |
[28:04] | There’s no journal. At least, nobody’s found it. | 至少没人找到 查过她公寓了吗 |
[28:07] | Did you check her apartment? | 是的 整个周都耗在那儿 |
[28:08] | Yes, we’ve been there all week. | 她另一套公寓呢 |
[28:11] | What about her other apartment? | 她有两套 |
[28:13] | She has two. | 居然接待员一直都知道这个地方 |
[28:21] | I can’t believe the receptionist knew about this place the whole time. | 我知道 连钥匙她都有 |
[28:25] | I know. She even had a key. | 那她怎么不说 |
[28:27] | Why wouldn’t she tell anybody? | 因为没人问过 |
[28:29] | Because nobody asked! | 我跟你说 Natalie 这女人傻得要命 |
[28:31] | I’m telling you, Natalie, the woman is so stupid, | 和她说话太难受了 |
[28:33] | it hurts me to talk to her. | 身体上的难受 |
[28:35] | Physically hurts me. | 看到她的记事本了吗 |
[28:39] | Do you see a journal anywhere? She supposedly kept a journal. | 她有一个记事本 |
[28:44] | Huh. | 看来她还有室友 |
[28:46] | Looks like she had some roommates. | 啦啦队队长 |
[28:49] | A cheerleader, | 法国女郎 |
[28:52] | a French maid. | 等等 |
[28:55] | Wait. | 你知道吗 |
[28:57] | Oh, you know what? | 她们不是室友 Natalie |
[28:58] | They weren’t roommates, Natalie. | 这是情人幽会的地方 |
[29:00] | This is a love nest. That’s what it is. | -肯定是的 -真的? |
[29:02] | You think? | 这是一个情人幽会处 |
[29:03] | This is one of those love nests that you read about. | 是谁和谁幽会呢 |
[29:06] | Yeah, but for who? That’s the question. | 她见的是谁 |
[29:08] | Who was she meeting? | 哦 天啊 |
[29:12] | Oh, my God! | 怎么了 没什么 没什么 |
[29:15] | – What? What is it? – Nothing. It’s nothing. | Monk先生 |
[29:17] | Mr. Monk, | 别开抽屉 明白吗 |
[29:18] | don’t open that drawer, you understand? | 不管怎么样 不管你做什么 |
[29:21] | Whatever happens, whatever you do, | 千万 |
[29:24] | don’t ever, ever, ever… | 千万… |
[29:26] | ever… | 千万 千万… |
[29:28] | ever, ever, ever, | 千万 千万…别开抽屉 |
[29:30] | ever, | 千万 |
[29:31] | ever, ever, ever, | 千万…别开抽屉 |
[29:33] | ever open that drawer! | 万一里面有线索呢 万一能破案呢 |
[29:34] | What if there’s a clue in there? What if it could solve the case? | – 我不管 |
[29:36] | – I don’t care! – Okay, I won’t. | – 不开就不开 事情复杂了 |
[29:43] | All righty. The plot thickens. | 怎么了 |
[29:45] | Now what? | 她怀孕了 |
[29:46] | She was pregnant. | 是…是她吗 |
[30:13] | Is it… is it her? | 是的 肯定是议员 |
[30:15] | Yeah, it’s definitely the councilwoman. | 她的家人刚刚认了尸 |
[30:16] | Her family just I.D.Ed the body. | Monk先生 很抱歉 |
[30:18] | Mr. Monk, I’m so sorry. | 我也是 |
[30:20] | Yeah, me too. | 我知道投票的事 你全指望她了 |
[30:21] | I know about the zoning thing. I know you were counting on her. | 法医说她周一晚上就被抛入水中 |
[30:23] | The M.E. says she’s been in the bay since Monday night, | 或许是在Vinton街码头弃尸 |
[30:26] | probably dumped off the Vinton Street pier. | 那两个德国游客遇害的地方? |
[30:28] | Where those German tourists were killed? | 真是讨厌的码头 那我们现在怎么办 |
[30:30] | I hate that pier! | 那我们现在怎么办 |
[30:31] | So what do we do now? | 做该做的 写上凶案两字 |
[30:33] | We do what we do. | 写上凶案两字 |
[30:34] | Sign on the door says “Homicide.” | 走吧 |
[30:36] | Come on. | 我们不知道凶手 也不知道作案地点 |
[30:38] | So we don’t know who, we don’t know where, | 不知道动机 却知道作案手法 |
[30:40] | we don’t know why, but we do know how. | 她被这个扼死 非常精美的一条领带 – |
[30:44] | She was strangled with this. | Chalmers 伦敦造 |
[30:50] | A very fancy necktie. | – 是的 很高档 |
[30:53] | Chalmers of London. | 甚至美国都没卖的 |
[30:54] | Yep, very high end. | 甚至美国都没卖的 |
[30:56] | They don’t even sell these in the states. | 就从这儿开始吧 |
[30:58] | Let’s start here. | 从DNA入手 找到父亲 这样不是更容易吗 |
[30:59] | Wouldn’t it be easier to get some DNA and try to find the father? | 这样不是更容易吗 她父亲不在了 |
[31:02] | There is no father. | 可她怀孕了 |
[31:04] | – She was pregnant. – Nope, she wasn’t. | 怎么可能 可是我们在她的公寓发现了验孕纸 |
[31:07] | But we found those pregnancy tests in her apartment, | 全是阳性 |
[31:09] | and they were all positive. | 我们把你们的发现告诉了Kay医生 |
[31:10] | We told Dr. Kay what you had found. | 让他查了两遍 |
[31:13] | We had him check twice, | 议员没有怀孕 |
[31:14] | and the councilwoman was not pregnant. | 完全没有 好的 |
[31:16] | Not even close. | 等等 我糊涂了 |
[31:19] | Okay, wait, I don’t understand. | 那儿是她幽会情人的地方 |
[31:21] | You know, this was her love nest. | 没人住在那儿 |
[31:23] | No one else lived there. | 为什么她会有别人的验孕纸呢 |
[31:24] | Why should she have somebody else’s home pregnancy test? | 这是她的包吗 |
[31:26] | Is this her handbag? | 是的 我们发现包缠在绳索上 |
[31:27] | Yeah, we found that tangled in the rope. | 那么 |
[31:30] | So then, this has to be her journal. | – 这肯定就是她的记事本 – 是的 能给我复印一份吗 |
[31:34] | Yep. | 已经弄好了 |
[31:35] | Can I get a copy of the contents? | 就是这个 |
[31:36] | Already done. | 我要的就是这个 |
[31:41] | This is it. This is all I need. | 你破案了? 什么 |
[31:44] | – A-ha! – You solved the case? | 不 不是那个 |
[31:45] | What? Oh, no, not that. | 走吧 Natalie 我们还是能赢 |
[31:47] | – Come on, Natalie, we can still make it. | |
[31:49] | – Where you going? – City Hall. | 你去哪儿 |
[31:59] | As you all know, we lost a dear friend this week. | – 市政厅 |
[32:04] | Eileen Hill’s body was discovered earlier this morning. | 这周我们失去了一位好朋友 今天早上发现了Eileen |
[32:09] | Let us pray that the San Francisco Police | Hill的尸体 让我们祈祷旧金山警方能抓获凶手 |
[32:12] | catch her killer and bring him or her to justice. | 将他绳之于法 |
[32:21] | Or if they don’t catch him, | 让她在天之灵得到安息 |
[32:24] | let us pray that Eileen’s murder | 如果他们没抓住他 让我们祈祷凶手只是一时失去理智 |
[32:26] | was the work of a random nut job, | 或是她失落的前男友 |
[32:29] | or frustrated ex-boyfriend, | 而不是一个伪装成义务警员的衣冠禽兽 |
[32:31] | and not some kind of a masked vigilante | 出于某种原因 |
[32:34] | who, for some reason, has a personal vendetta | 对市政厅怀恨在心 |
[32:36] | against the city council, | 决心将我们统统杀掉 |
[32:38] | and is determined to slaughter us, | 一次干掉一个 |
[32:40] | one member at a time, | 趁我们不备 朝我们开枪 |
[32:42] | picking us off when we least expect it, | 他每次残忍的下手 |
[32:44] | using a different, yet somehow appropriate method | 都用一种不同 |
[32:48] | for each of his grisly killings. | 却合适的手段 阿门 |
[32:59] | Amen. | 我们开始吧 |
[33:01] | So let’s get started. | Maria Schecter加入其中 |
[33:05] | Maria Schecter is joining us. | 她是Elieen的代理人 |
[33:07] | She’ll be acting as Eileen’s proxy. | 你看来已经准备好了 |
[33:10] | I see you’re well prepared. | 是的 这是她的记事本 |
[33:12] | Yes, this is her journal, so I know what she was thinking, | 所以我了解她的想法 她想让我如何投票 |
[33:16] | Adrian and how she would want me to vote. | |
[33:18] | Adrian Monk even underlined all the important stuff, | Monk甚至在重要段落下划了线 |
[33:21] | and even made little arrows. | 还做了箭头符号 |
[33:28] | How nice for you. | 你人真好 让我们开始吧 |
[33:31] | Well, let’s get right to it. | 我们有些尚未解决的问题 |
[33:33] | We have some old business. Resolution 12-B. | 12-B决议案 我们将再次投票 |
[33:37] | We will be voting yet again on whether to preserve | 是保留还是拆掉 |
[33:41] | or demolish the parking garage | 位于Summerset大街的停车场 |
[33:43] | on Summerset Avenue. | 举手表决 |
[33:44] | By a show of hands, | 同意拆除停车场 |
[33:46] | all those in favor of demolishing the garage, | 再建一个美丽的 |
[33:49] | and replacing it with a beautiful, | 姗姗来迟的广场公园 |
[33:52] | long-overdue neighborhood playground and park. | 三票 反对… |
[34:11] | Three. | 修建儿童广场 |
[34:15] | All those opposed… | 这就是民主 – |
[34:18] | to the children’s playground. | 太美了 |
[34:52] | Democracy in action. It’s a beautiful thing. | – 我不确定 |
[34:55] | I’m not sure it’s exactly what the founding fathers had in mind. | 这是否是国父的想法 我居然赢了 |
[34:58] | I can’t believe I won! | 上个我赢的时候 我都不记得是何年何月了 |
[35:00] | I can’t remember the last time I won anything. | 你看到Harold的表情了吗 |
[35:03] | Did you see Harold’s face? | 那是最精彩的一幕 |
[35:05] | Oh, that was the sweetest part. | 他在这儿 |
[35:06] | There he is, there he is. | Monk先生 |
[35:08] | Mr. Monk. | 谁想和我握手 |
[35:09] | Who wants to shake my hand? | 谁的手我都握 |
[35:12] | I’ll shake anybody’s hand. | 不用纸巾 不用纸巾 |
[35:14] | No wipes, no wipes, limited time offer. | 机不可失哦 不了? Paul? |
[35:18] | Harold? No? Paul? | 我来握吧 |
[35:20] | I’ll take you up on that. | 恭喜了 Monk先生 |
[35:22] | Congratulations, Mr. Monk. | 你的最爱Trudy的圣地仍然保存完好 |
[35:23] | The shrine to your beloved late Trudy’s still intact, | 我也留住了我停车的地方 |
[35:26] | and I still have my parking space. | – 是啊 – 这才是正确的 |
[35:27] | – Yeah. – All’s right with the world. | – 是的 – 恭喜 Adrian |
[35:29] | Congratulations, Adrian. Well played. | 干得好 谢谢 Harold |
[35:32] | Thank you, Harold. | 我想好好庆祝庆祝 |
[35:34] | I feel like celebrating. | 一般人们都怎么庆祝 叫上朋友 找家最近的酒吧 |
[35:36] | How do people celebrate? | 请大家喝最贵的酒 |
[35:37] | They take their friends to the nearest bar, | 请大家喝最贵的酒 |
[35:39] | and buy them some very expensive wine. | 街对面就有一家 我要去 我要去 |
[35:40] | – There’s one across the street. – I’m gonna do it! I’m gonna do it. | 谁跟我来 谁跟我一起去 |
[35:44] | Who’s with me? Who’s gonna come? | 我请客 等等 谁说的 |
[35:45] | It’s my treat. | – 谁说的 – 是我说的吗 |
[35:46] | Wait a minute, who said that? | – 我不知道 |
[35:48] | Did I say that? I don’t know. | – 抱歉 我不知道 |
[35:51] | Harold? | – 我一会儿去找你 |
[35:52] | – Paul? – I’ll catch up to you. | 好的 好的 Maria 走吧 |
[35:54] | Great, great. Maria, let’s go. | 显然我去了 |
[35:56] | I can’t go, obviously. | 我明白 谢谢了 |
[35:57] | Ah, I understand. Well, thanks for everything. | 一会儿再和你联系 |
[36:00] | And I’ll talk to you later. | 你不能喝酒 |
[36:11] | You can’t drink, because you’re pregnant. | 因为你怀孕了 |
[36:16] | Duh. | 废话 有什么事吗 |
[36:27] | Can I help you? | – 你就是凶手 – 你说什么 |
[36:28] | You’re the guy. | 议员就是你杀的 |
[36:30] | Pardon me? | 议员就是你杀的 你就是她的情人 |
[36:31] | You killed the councilwoman. | 你就是她的情人 |
[36:33] | You were her sex lover. | 你杀了她 |
[36:36] | And you killed her. | 哦 天啊 |
[36:37] | Oh, my God. | – 为什么我要… |
[36:39] | Why on earth would I… | – 为什么 因为杀人灭口 |
[36:40] | Why? To shut her up. | 挽救你的婚姻 |
[36:42] | To save your marriage. | 你知道你无法解释有个怀孕的女友 |
[36:44] | You knew you’d never be able to explain a pregnant girlfriend. | 怀孕的女友? |
[36:47] | Pregnant girlfriend? | 我也看了验尸官的报告 Monk先生 |
[36:49] | I read the coroner’s report, Mr. Monk. | Eileen没有怀孕 |
[36:51] | – Eileen wasn’t pregnant. – That’s right. | 没错 她没怀孕 |
[36:54] | She wasn’t. But you thought she was. | 不过你以为她怀孕了 她失踪的那天 |
[36:57] | The day she disappeared, | Disher中尉问你 Elieen是否喝酒 |
[36:59] | Lieutenant Disher asked you if Eileen had been drinking. | 还记得他是怎么说的吗 她喝酒吗 |
[37:01] | Do you remember what she said? | 不 不 不 她现在不能喝酒了 |
[37:02] | Had she been drinking? | 她现在不能喝酒了 |
[37:03] | No, no, no. She wouldn’t be drinking now. | 她现在不能喝酒了 |
[37:05] | “She wouldn’t be drinking now.” | 为什么你会这么说 |
[37:06] | Why did you phrase it like that? | 原因只有一个 |
[37:08] | Only one reason: You thought she was pregnant. | 你以为她怀孕了 你不喜欢我回答问题的表达法吗 |
[37:13] | You don’t like the way I phrased an answer? | 这算哪门子的证据 |
[37:15] | What kind of evidence is that? | 事实上 |
[37:17] | Actually, the key piece of evidence | 关键的证据一直就摆在我面前 |
[37:20] | was right in front of me the whole time. | 就是她 我? 怎么了 |
[37:23] | It was her. | 我居然视而不见 |
[37:24] | Me? | 我居然视而不见 |
[37:25] | I don’t know how I could’ve missed it. | Eileen Hill是受过良好教育的职业女性 |
[37:28] | Eileen Hill was a well-educated professional woman. | 是个成年人 |
[37:31] | She was an adult. | 而这个女人 却是个白痴 |
[37:32] | This woman, on the other hand, is a dolt. | 成年人 白痴 成年人 白痴 |
[37:35] | Adult, dolt. | Adult, dolt. – 成年人 白痴… – Monk 她就在这儿呢 |
[37:37] | Adult, dolt, adult dolt… Mr. Monk, she’s right here. | 她也知道自己是个白痴 |
[37:39] | She knows she’s an idiot. | 她连电话都不会接 你和她说过话吧 |
[37:40] | She can’t even answer a phone. | 你和她说过话吧 完全是场折磨 |
[37:42] | Have you ever tried talking to her? It’s torture. | 问题来了 为什么Elieen |
[37:44] | Question: Why would Eileen Hill hire a moron like that? | Hill会找这么个白痴 答案很简单 |
[37:48] | The answer is simple and heart breaking. | 让你相信她怀孕了 |
[37:51] | To convince you that she was pregnant. | 以此控制你 |
[37:54] | To manipulate you, to get you to leave your wife. | 让你离开你妻子 |
[37:57] | She needed to have a home pregnancy test | 她需要一个呈阳性的验孕纸 |
[37:59] | come out positive. | 因此 |
[38:01] | And for that, she needed pregnant urine. | 她需要怀孕尿液 |
[38:04] | Pregnant urine? | 怀孕尿液? |
[38:08] | That’s why she advertised in a lamaze class. | 所以她在心理助产法教室里张贴广告 她需要雇佣一个孕妇 |
[38:11] | She needed to hire a pregnant woman, | 因此她能让孕妇做药物检查 |
[38:13] | so she could give her a drug test. | 整件事的关键就是药物检查 |
[38:18] | It was all about the drug test. | 为什么Elieen Hill或任何人会雇佣这个人 |
[38:21] | It’s the only possible reason why Eileen Hill… | 这是唯一可能的理由 |
[38:23] | or anyone… would hire this person. | 他是无意的 就在你弃尸时 |
[38:26] | He doesn’t mean it. | 你却有了麻烦 |
[38:27] | Of course, you did have some trouble | 你却有了麻烦 |
[38:29] | when you were dumping the body. | 你开车到了码头 |
[38:31] | You drove to the pier. | 以为周围没人 |
[38:33] | You thought you were alone. | 可是在码头上 有一对游客夫妇 |
[38:35] | But there were a couple of tourists nearby. | 他们看到你了吗 拍照了吗 |
[38:39] | Did they see you? Did they take a picture? | 你不能肯定 但你不能冒这个险 |
[38:44] | You probably weren’t sure, but you couldn’t take a chance. | 还是要证据 Monk先生 |
[38:50] | Still waiting for some proof, Mr. Monk. | 真正的证据 |
[38:52] | Real evidence. | 你是说 像这样? |
[38:53] | You mean, like this? | Chalmers 伦敦造 |
[39:00] | Chalmers of London. | 进口货 |
[39:02] | Imported. Custom made. | 定做的 和Elieen |
[39:06] | Just like the one that was around Eileen Hill’s neck. | Hill脖子上的那条一模一样 治安官 |
[39:11] | Sheriff. | Crawford先生 |
[39:14] | Mr. Crawford, would you come with us, please? | 请跟我们走一趟 |
[39:19] | Yeah. | 是的 看来我们有两个庆祝的理由 |
[39:24] | Looks like we have two reasons to celebrate. | 走吧 |
[39:27] | Come on. | 白痴? |
[39:28] | A dolt? | 你说什么 |
[39:30] | Sorry? | 你不是这么想的吗 |
[39:31] | Is that what you think? | 就在我为你投票之后? |
[39:33] | After I came down here and voted for you | 就在我帮你挽救了那个愚蠢的停车场之后? |
[39:36] | and helped save your stupid parking garage? | 你居然认为我是个白痴? 我没那么说 |
[39:38] | You think I’m an idiot? | 你说了 说了大概20次 |
[39:39] | I… I… I didn’t say that. | 你说了 说了大概20次 |
[39:41] | Yes, you did. Like, 20 times. | 你说我是白痴 |
[39:43] | You said I was a moron, | 我被录用的唯一理由是我的尿 |
[39:44] | and that the only reason anyone would hire me was for my pee. | Maria 很抱歉 |
[39:47] | Okay, Maria, I’m sorry. I got excited. | 当时我太激动了 人们一激动 就会口不择言 |
[39:51] | You know, people say things when they get excited. | 我也能 我要改投 |
[39:53] | I can say things too. I’m changing my vote. | – 什么 – 我要改投 |
[39:55] | – What? – I’m changing my vote. | – 什么 – 我同意修建广场 让停车场见鬼去吧 |
[39:57] | I want the playground, not the parking garage. | 好的 等等 你不能… |
[39:59] | Okay, wait a second, you can’t… | Harold 她不能这么说 现在太迟了 |
[40:01] | Harold, she can’t do that. It’s too late, right? | 事实上 还不算太迟 |
[40:03] | In point of fact, it’s not too late at all. | 这只是中途休息而已 |
[40:05] | This is only a recess. | 会议没有正式延期 |
[40:07] | The meeting hasn’t been officially adjourned. | 所以投票还没结束呢 |
[40:10] | So the vote isn’t final. | – 读读附则吧 – 我读了 |
[40:11] | Harold… | 那就再读一次 |
[40:12] | – Read the bylaws. – I read the bylaws. | 那就再读一次 |
[40:15] | Well, read them again. | 我们重新开会 再次投票 |
[40:16] | Let’s reconvene the meeting. | 再次投票 |
[40:18] | We’re gonna be voting again. | 我要说 |
[40:19] | Uh, for the record, I don’t think you’re a dolt. | 我可不觉得你是白痴 |
[40:25] | Maria. | 你老板看起来很沮丧嘛 |
[40:28] | Your boss looks pretty depressed. | 我建议赶快打给他的新心理医生吧 |
[40:30] | May I suggest that you call his new therapist? | – 他叫什么来着 – Bell医生 (Bell也有”铃”的含义 哈哈) |
[40:33] | – What was his name again? – Dr. Bell. | Bell医生 咱们候诊室见 |
[40:35] | Dr. Bell. See you in the waiting room. | – 干得好 |
[40:43] | – Nice work. – I’m sorry. | – 对不起 |
[40:45] | Sorry. | 没事吧 Trudy |
[41:06] | You okay? | Monk纪念广场的未来地址 本季完 |