时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Here’s what happened. | 事情是这样的 |
[00:08] | You were in the middle of a very messy, very expensive divorce, | 你面临一场非常棘手 非常昂贵的离婚 |
[00:12] | and you wanted to get rid of your wife. | 你想杀死妻子 |
[00:14] | That is absurd. Do I have to listen to this? | 无稽之谈 我非得听他胡言乱语吗 |
[00:17] | Yes, you do. | 你必须听 |
[00:18] | What you needed was an alibi. | 你需要的是不在场的证据 |
[00:21] | First, you ordered a two-ton slab of marble. | 首先 你订购了一块两吨重的大理石 |
[00:24] | Then you went to work, | 你开始工作 |
[00:25] | but you weren’t sculpting just another statue. | 可是你并非在雕刻 |
[00:27] | You were sculpting an alibi, | 而是在制造不在场的证据 |
[00:29] | a perfect alibi. | 完美的不在场证据 |
[00:31] | You had it all worked out, | -你计划好了一切 |
[00:32] | down to the last detail. | -等等 |
[00:34] | Hold it! Hold it! Don’t say another word. | 别说话 |
[00:36] | Excuse me, sir, this is a private conversation. | 抱歉 先生 这是私人谈话 |
[00:39] | Yeah, this conversation’s over, | 没错 |
[00:40] | unless you want to talk to me, | 谈话结束了 除非你想和我谈 |
[00:42] | but I cannot promise that I would listen, detective. | 不过我不保证会听 侦探 |
[00:44] | And you are? | – 你是? – |
[00:45] | I’m Harrison Powell. I’m Mr. Gildea’s attorney. | Harrison Powell 我是Gildea先生的律师 |
[00:47] | I just moved up from Los Angeles. | 刚从洛杉矶赶来 |
[00:49] | And you must be Mr. Adrian Monk. | 你肯定是Adrian Monk吧 |
[00:51] | I saw your profile on “In Focus.” | 我见过你的资料 |
[00:53] | Very impressive. | 佩服不已 |
[00:54] | Thank you. I was just explaining to… | -谢谢 |
[00:56] | Yeah, why don’t you tell it to the judge? | 我正在解释… -你留着说给法官听吧 |
[00:57] | We’re denying everything categorically. | 现在我们完全否认一切 |
[00:59] | Okay? Have a nice day. | 祝你愉快 |
[01:00] | Come on, Evan. Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[01:01] | You look like a man who could use a drink. | Evan 你怎么像个醉鬼似的 |
[01:03] | Evan, let’s go. They can’t keep you here. | Evan 走吧 他们没权利扣留你 |
[01:05] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[01:09] | Harrison, it’s too late. They know everything. | Harrison 太晚了 他们全都知道了 |
[01:11] | They have all this evidence against me. | 掌握了所有对我不利的证据 |
[01:13] | No, they have no evidence against you. | 他们没有证据 什么也没有 |
[01:14] | They have nothing, okay? | 你是无辜的 这是不公正的指控 |
[01:16] | You’re an innocent man that’s been unjustly accused. | 你是无辜的 这是不公正的指控 |
[01:17] | And I’m gonna prove all that when we get to court. | 我会在法庭上证明的 |
[01:19] | Harrison, it’s Adrian Monk. | Harrison 那可是Adrian |
[01:21] | He’s never lost a case in his life. | Monk啊 从不失手 从没输过 |
[01:23] | Well, neither have I. This’ll be great. | 我也一样 没事的 |
[02:33] | – Good morning. – Hey! | – 早上好 – 嘿 |
[02:34] | And in this corner District Attorney Charles Friedkin. | 这是地区检察官Charles Friedkin |
[02:37] | How you feeling, champ? | 怎么样 Champ |
[02:39] | Are you guys ready? Did you all do your homework? | 怎么样 Champ 你们准备好了 功课都做足了吗 |
[02:41] | Charlie, relax, we’ve testified at 100 trials. | Charlie 放轻松 我们上庭作证都100次了 |
[02:44] | – 112. – Well, I’m just making sure. | – 是112次 – 我只是想确定 |
[02:46] | Now did everyone review the grand jury transcripts | 你们都看过大陪审团的抄本 |
[02:49] | and the follow-up reports? | 和后续报告吗 |
[02:50] | Friedkin Mr. Friedkin, don’t worry. | |
[02:52] | They can do this in their sleep. | 别担心 他们闭着眼睛都能做 |
[02:54] | In fact, on at least two occasions, Lieutenant Disher has. | 至少有两次Disher还真是闭着眼的 |
[02:57] | Well, nobody’s sleeping today. | 今天谁也不准打瞌睡 |
[02:59] | Harrison | Harrison Powell is the prince of darkness, |
[03:01] | so be careful up there. | Powell就是魔鬼 一定要小心啊 |
[03:03] | Don’t volunteer anything. | 千万别多话 |
[03:05] | If you don’t remember something, just say you don’t remember. | 千万别多话 如果不记得 就说不记得 |
[03:07] | He’s guilty, right? | – 他是有罪的 – 辛普森也是有罪的(辛普森杀妻案) |
[03:08] | So was OJ. | – 他是有罪的 – 辛普森也是有罪的(辛普森杀妻案) |
[03:10] | Hey, speak of the devil. | 说曹操 曹操就到 |
[03:11] | Devil appears. Gentlemen. Ms. Teeger. | 曹操来了 先生们 Teeger女士 |
[03:14] | Mr. Gildea, that’s a nice suit. | Gildea先生 西装不错嘛 |
[03:16] | I wonder how you’ll look in pinstripes. | 你穿上囚服是否风采依旧呢 |
[03:18] | Harrison | Harrison, my offer’s still on the table. |
[03:20] | This is your last chance. | 认罪协商还在我桌上 你最后再好好想想吧 |
[03:21] | Here’s my final offer to you. | 你还是听听我的条件吧 |
[03:23] | You drop the case, make a public apology to my client, | 放弃案子 向我的当事人公开道歉 |
[03:26] | you save the taxpayers a lot of money. | 替纳税人省点钱 |
[03:27] | I’m offering you a gift, Charlie. | 这个条件很合算啊 Charile |
[03:28] | You can keep the police from looking like chimpanzees with guns. | 别让这些警察看起来像拿枪的黑猩猩 |
[03:32] | Okay, I’ll see you all inside. | 好的 |
[03:34] | Under oath this time. | 里面见 发誓说的都是真话 |
[03:38] | And I hate you. | – 我恨你 – 拿枪的黑猩猩 |
[03:40] | “Chimpanzees with guns.” | – 我恨你 – 拿枪的黑猩猩 |
[03:42] | – See? – Charlie, don’t sweat it. | – 瞧见了吧 – |
[03:43] | He’s all talk. | Charlie 别担心 他就是耍耍嘴皮子 |
[03:46] | Captain Stottlemeyer, could you describe | Stottlemeyer上尉 |
[03:48] | the events of October 2 for the jury? | 你能否向陪审团描述11月2日发生的事呢 |
[03:51] | Yes, sir. | 好的 早上大约8点 |
[03:52] | Approximately at 8:00 a.m. my team and I responded | 好的 早上大约8点 |
[03:56] | to a suspicious death call at 104 Pickens Drive. | 我们接到报警电话 说在Pickens大道104号 有人非自然死亡 |
[03:59] | The housekeeper had discovered the body. | 管家发现了一具尸体 |
[04:02] | Who had died? | 死者是谁 |
[04:04] | Nancy Gildea. | |
[04:05] | Nancy Gildea. I was just reading about her. | Nancy Gildea 我刚刚看了她的资料 |
[04:08] | – She was married to that famous artist. | |
[04:10] | Evan Gildea. They were separated. | 丈夫是著名艺术家 |
[04:12] | Very separated. I guess these are some of his. | 他们分居了 各住各的 我猜这是他的房子 |
[04:15] | Uh, this is amazing. | 这太美妙了 |
[04:17] | Look at that. It’s perfect. | 瞧啊 真是完美 |
[04:19] | Mr. Monk, that’s a display stand. | Monk先生 |
[04:20] | The art is out here. | 这是展示台 上面没有艺术品 |
[04:23] | Oh. Well, that’s junk. | 那是垃圾 |
[04:25] | Well, the M.E. says she’s been dead about 12 hours. | 法医说死亡时间大约是12小时前 |
[04:27] | Mm-hmm, so that’s about 8:00 last night. | 现在是8点 那她是在昨晚死的 |
[04:30] | Yes, sir. Looks like a straight-up break-in. | 看来是有人非法闯入 |
[04:34] | Punches a hole through this window. | 在玻璃上敲了一个洞 |
[04:36] | Opens the door from the inside. | 从里面把门打开 |
[04:38] | She wakes up. They fight. | 她被惊醒 和闯入者打了起来 |
[04:40] | He takes that statue from here, | 他拿起雕像朝她打去 |
[04:42] | hits her once, base of the skull… | 打中了她的头骨底部 |
[04:44] | Medulla oblongata. Killed her instantly. | 延髓 |
[04:46] | Nah, I don’t think so. That hole’s pretty small. | 她当场毙命 不 我觉得不是 洞太小了 |
[04:51] | I don’t think anyone could fit their hand through there. | 手根本伸不进来 |
[04:54] | Sure they could. | 当然能 |
[04:55] | And did you determine whether Monk was right? | 当然能 当时你是否认为Monk是对的呢 |
[04:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[04:59] | Lieutenant Disher ran a field test to be certain. | Disher中尉当场做了实验 |
[05:02] | Ow. Ow, ow, ow. | 证实了Monk的话 |
[05:07] | Excuse me. I’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断一下 |
[05:10] | I saw Lieutenant Disher in the hall before the trial. | 开庭前我看见Disher中尉在大厅里 |
[05:14] | I couldn’t help but notice both of his hands were bandaged. | 我注意到他的双手都缠着绷带 |
[05:18] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 夫人 |
[05:19] | Um, he wanted to be sure, | 他想要确切的结果 |
[05:21] | so he tried it again with the other arm. | 所以两只手都试了试 |
[05:23] | He tried it again? | 他两手都试了? |
[05:25] | He’s very thorough. | 他就是这么仔细 |
[05:30] | – Oh. – I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:37] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[05:39] | – I can’t help it. – Drink some water. | – 我忍不住 – 喝点水 |
[05:42] | I-I tried. It’s not working. | 喝过了 没用 |
[05:43] | Maybe if you scared me. | 你吓吓我试试看 |
[05:46] | Natalie | Natalie, if you hiccup again, |
[05:47] | I’m gonna take Randy’s gun and shoot you. | 你要是再打嗝 |
[05:52] | That worked. | 我就拿Randy的枪毙了你 |
[05:54] | You’re welcome. | 管用了 不客气 |
[05:56] | Oh, wow. | 不客气 |
[05:59] | No way. | |
[06:00] | Rudy? Hey, Rudy! | |
[06:03] | Hey, this is Rudy Smith from the Big Buddy program. | 嘿 Rudy 嘿 他是Rudy Smith 参加过青少年教育活动 |
[06:06] | I used to be his mentor. | 我做过他的教导老师 |
[06:08] | Hey, man, how you doing? | 嘿 伙计 最近怎么样 |
[06:10] | I was just thinking about you. | 我一直想着你呢 |
[06:12] | This kid was trouble with a capital T back in the day. | 那时这孩子可是个大大的惹祸精 |
[06:15] | Hey, remember how we met? | 还记得我们怎么认识的吧 |
[06:17] | He caught me spray-painting. | 我随地小便被他逮住了 |
[06:18] | Oh, yeah, I caught him spray-painting police cars. | 他是冲着警车小便 |
[06:21] | Made him work it off five days a week for a month, huh? | 我让他每周清洗车五天 连续干了一个月 |
[06:24] | A little bit of tough love. | 爱之深 罚之重嘛 |
[06:26] | What you doing here? You a lawyer now? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[06:28] | A little Doogie Howser thing going on? | 现在当律师了? 年纪轻轻就这么厉害呀 |
[06:31] | Smith, let’s go. Van’s downstairs. | Smith 走吧 Van在楼下 |
[06:39] | Let’s go. | 快走吧 |
[06:42] | Wait. Detective. | 等等 侦探 |
[06:44] | Hey, wait! Detective. | 嘿 等等 侦探 |
[06:46] | What did he do? | – 他犯了什么事 – 抢劫商店 杀死店员 |
[06:48] | He robbed a store and killed the clerk. | – 他犯了什么事 – 抢劫商店 杀死店员 |
[06:50] | Murder one. Let’s go. | 一级谋杀 走吧 |
[06:58] | Captain, when did you first suspect Evan Gildea | 上尉 |
[07:00] | was responsible for his wife’s murder? | 你第一次怀疑Evan Gilea杀妻是什么时候 |
[07:03] | Well, actually that was Adrian Monk. | 其实是Monk怀疑 |
[07:05] | See, Monk was looking around at the art | 是这样的… |
[07:08] | at the victim’s house, and he noticed something. | Monk在死者家中查看一件艺术品 |
[07:13] | He hit her with this? | 发现了问题 |
[07:14] | Apparently. | – 是用这个击打的吗 – 显然是的 |
[07:17] | Why didn’t he use this one? | 为什么不用这个呢 |
[07:19] | The fight started here. | 他们在这儿厮打 |
[07:22] | I would have grabbed this. | 要是我的话 我会抓起这个 |
[07:25] | It’s heavy enough. | 它够重 |
[07:27] | It would have been perfect. | 用来做武器正好 |
[07:30] | Instead he crossed all the way over there. | 他却走到那边 |
[07:34] | E.G. Evan Gildea. | |
[07:39] | So Monk figured that Mr. Gildea, | 所以Monk认为Gildea先生 |
[07:42] | not wanting to destroy one of his own pieces of art, | 不想破坏自己创作的艺术品 |
[07:45] | grabbed the other statue. | 因此抓起了另一座雕像 |
[07:46] | And that’s when you began to focus on the defendant. | 从那时起 你把调查重点转移到被告身上 |
[07:49] | Yes, sir, that’s correct. | 是的 没错 |
[07:50] | Thank you, captain. | – 谢谢 上尉 – 不用谢 |
[07:52] | You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 上尉 – 不用谢 |
[07:53] | Your witness. | 该你问了 |
[07:57] | That’s a great story, Captain Stottlemeyer. | 说得很好 Stottlemeyer上尉 |
[07:59] | I won’t take up too much of your time. | 我不会占用你太多时间 |
[08:01] | I just have a few questions. | 只有几个问题 |
[08:02] | Your consultant Mr. Monk, is he a trained psychologist? | 你的顾问Monk先生 他是经过训练的心理学家吗 |
[08:06] | No, no, but he’s a lot smarter than any psychologist I’ve ever met. | 不 但他比我见过的任何心理学家都聪明得多 |
[08:10] | Well, yeah, he would have to be, | 他从没见过我的当事人 |
[08:11] | having never met my client, to know that my client | 他从没见过我的当事人 |
[08:13] | would not use one of his own statues as a murder weapon. | 却知道我的当事人 不会选择自己的雕像作为凶器 |
[08:16] | That was just a theory. | 只是推测 |
[08:18] | A theory that led us | 根据这个推测 |
[08:20] | to a substantial amount of other evidence. | 我们发现了实实在在的证据 |
[08:22] | Okay, we’ll get to that other evidence a little bit later. | 好的 稍后我们再谈那些证据 |
[08:25] | I would like to know, if we could just back up for a little bit, | 先回到原来的问题 |
[08:27] | how was Mr. Monk able to divine where the fight started? | Monk先生如何猜测出打斗的位置 |
[08:31] | – Where the fight started? – Where it started. | – 打斗的位置? – 打斗的位置 |
[08:33] | How did he know, for example, | 他是怎么知道的 例如打斗不是在门厅 |
[08:35] | the fight did not start in, say, the foyer? | 他是怎么知道的 |
[08:38] | Um, I’ll have to consult my notes. | 例如打斗不是在门厅 我得看看笔记 |
[08:43] | Were you there when the fight started, Captain Stottlemeyer? | 打斗时你在现场吗 Stottlemeyer上尉 |
[08:47] | No. | 没有 |
[08:48] | Was your friend Adrian Monk there | 没有 你的朋友Adrian |
[08:49] | when the fight started, Captain Stottlemeyer? | Monk在打斗现场吗 Stottlemeyer上尉 |
[08:52] | No, he was not. | 他没有 |
[08:53] | Isn’t it possible, Captain Stottlemeyer, | 他没有 Stottlemeyer上尉 难道没有可能 |
[08:55] | isn’t it possible the fight could have started in the foyer? | 难道没有可能打斗是在门厅吗 |
[09:01] | Yes, it’s poss… | |
[09:02] | Good job. I think we’re done. | – 是的 有可能… – 很好 我问完了 |
[09:04] | Let’s move on to something else, shall we? | 进行下一环节 |
[09:09] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | – 你没事吧 – 是的 |
[09:12] | Not you. | 不是你 |
[09:13] | It’s just this kid. | 都是那个孩子 |
[09:15] | Rudy | Rudy. |
[09:16] | I really thought he turned a corner. | 我还以为他学好了呢 |
[09:18] | Well, you said he had problems. | – 你说过他以前惹了很多祸 |
[09:20] | Shoplifting. | – 入店行窃 |
[09:21] | Like, a couple of fights, but nothing like this. | 打了几次架 但都不如这次严重 |
[09:25] | I promised his grandmother I’d look out for him. | 我答应过他奶奶会照顾好他 |
[09:28] | She made me promise. | 她让我答应她 |
[09:33] | Hey. How’d it go? | 嘿 怎么样 |
[09:36] | Give me a sec. | 稍等 |
[09:50] | – You’re sweating. – He’s tough. | – 你在流汗 – 他不好对付 |
[09:53] | Your tie’s wet. | – 你的领带湿了 – 怎么了 |
[09:54] | What happened in there? | – 你的领带湿了 – 怎么了 |
[09:55] | He’s tough. That’s what happened. | 他不好对付 就这样 |
[09:57] | He kept coming at me like Muhammad Ali. | 他一直对我步步紧逼 |
[09:58] | Boom-boom-boom-boom. | 咄咄逼人 就像拳王阿里 |
[09:59] | Adrian | Adrian Monk? |
[10:01] | You’re up. | Monk? 进去吧 |
[10:03] | Monk | Monk, be careful in there. |
[10:05] | Don’t give him any openings. | 小心点 别让他钻了空子 |
[10:06] | Leland. I’m fine. | Leland 我没事 |
[10:09] | Evan Gildea is the guy. | Evan Gildea就是凶手 |
[10:10] | We both know he’s the guy, | 我们都知道他是凶手 |
[10:12] | and in 20 minutes the jury’s gonna know it too. | 20分钟后陪审团也会知道 |
[10:26] | And so I concluded that Mr. Gildea had the means, | 所以我得出结论 |
[10:30] | motive, and the opportunity | Gildea先生有杀人动机 |
[10:33] | to murder his wife. | 杀人手段 杀人时机 |
[10:35] | I have no further questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[10:36] | Mr. Monk, on behalf of the people of San Francisco, | Monk 我代表旧金山人民 |
[10:39] | I want to thank you for sharing your opinion. | 谢谢你和我们分享你的看法 |
[10:42] | It’s not my opinion. | 这不是看法 |
[10:43] | It’s what happened. | 而是事实 |
[10:46] | – Your witness. – Oh. | 该你了 |
[10:52] | Monk Mr. Monk, I too would like to thank you | |
[10:54] | for a lifetime of service. | 我也要感谢你一直以来的辛勤付出 |
[10:55] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:56] | If you don’t mind, it won’t take too much time, | 如果你不介意的话 不会花太久时间 |
[10:58] | I’d like to review your testimony. | 我想再梳理一遍你的证词 |
[11:00] | – What part? – All of it. | – 哪部分 – 所有 |
[11:02] | Every syllable actually. | 每个字都不放过 |
[11:04] | Let’s start with your trip to Santa Barbara. | 就从你去Santa Barbara市开始 |
[11:06] | You said that happened the day after the murder? | 据你所说 是在案发后一天 |
[11:08] | That’s correct. As I said. | 没错 是我所说 |
[11:11] | We drove down to Mr. Gildea’s studio the next morning. | 案发第二天早上我们开车 前往Gildea先生的工作室 |
[11:14] | We spoke to a local police sergeant, Sergeant Carney. | 和当地一名警官Carney谈过 |
[11:18] | What have you got, sergeant? | 有什么发现吗 警官 |
[11:19] | I was here at 9:00 this morning after you called. | 接到你们的电话后 上午9点我赶到这儿 |
[11:22] | I told him about his wife. | 跟他说了他妻子的事 |
[11:24] | How’d he take it? | – 他什么反应 |
[11:25] | Seemed pretty shaken up. | – 看起来极为震惊 |
[11:27] | What do you mean “seemed”? Was he faking it? | 什么叫看起来 他是装的吗 |
[11:29] | You tell me. | 我也不知道 |
[11:30] | He’s right inside. | 他就在里面 |
[11:35] | Uh, wipes. Plural. Plural wipes. | 纸巾 多拿几张 |
[11:38] | – Wipes. – Okay. | – 纸巾 – 好的 |
[11:40] | It’s a dust factory in here. | 这儿真脏 到处都是灰 |
[11:42] | Mr. Monk, he’s a sculptor. | Monk 他是雕塑家 这是他工作的一部分 |
[11:43] | – It’s part of his job. – It’s no excuse. | 不能找借口 |
[11:45] | Evan Gildea! | |
[11:50] | Hello, we’re with the San Francisco police department. | 你好 我们是旧金山警局的 |
[11:53] | Oh, then what are you doing here? | 你们来这儿做什么 |
[11:55] | Why aren’t you out looking for the son of a bitch that killed my wife? | 你们应该去找杀死我妻子的混蛋 |
[11:57] | – We are. – Who’s this? | – 我们正在找 – 这是谁 |
[11:59] | This is Adrian Monk. He’s consulting with us. | Adrian Monk 我们的顾问 |
[12:01] | Mr. Gildea, where were you last night around 9:00? | Gildea 昨晚9点左右你在哪儿 |
[12:04] | I was here all night. I was working. | 我整晚都在这儿工作 |
[12:06] | – Were you alone? – No. | 一个人? 不 |
[12:11] | I was with her. | 还有她 |
[12:32] | Mr. Monk, are you okay? | Monk先生 你没事吧 |
[12:34] | I’m fine. | 没事 |
[12:35] | You were making a noise. | 你在制造噪音 |
[12:37] | I don’t think so. | 这可不是 |
[12:39] | Could you read that back, please? | 请念念下面的证词 |
[12:41] | Witness: The defendant removed a sheet revealing a naked… | 被告掀开遮布 露出一具裸体… |
[12:57] | Are you nervous, Mr. Monk? | 你很紧张吗 Monk先生 |
[12:59] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[13:01] | You were describing the statue. | 描述雕像 |
[13:03] | I’m not gonna win any husband-of-the-year awards, | 我得承认 |
[13:05] | I admit that, but I did not kill Nancy. | 年度最佳丈夫奖轮不到我 |
[13:08] | I never get violent. | 但我没有杀Mancy 我从来没有使用暴力 |
[13:10] | If I get angry, I take it out on the stone. | 如果生气 我会将怒火发泄在石头上 |
[13:12] | Besides, it’s just not possible. | 再说 这不可能 |
[13:14] | It’s not physically possible. | 我整晚都在这儿 |
[13:15] | I was here all night. | |
[13:17] | Ask Sergeant Carney. | 不信问Carney警官 |
[13:18] | I was finishing up when he came in this morning. | 今早他来时 我快完工了 |
[13:20] | Your Honor, I would like to introduce ot the court | 法官大人 |
[13:22] | defense exhibit A. | 允许我向各位展示这座雕像 |
[13:26] | Is this the statue that you saw in Mr. Gildea’s studio? | 这是你在Gildea先生工作室看到的雕像吗 |
[13:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:31] | Mr. Monk, the statue is my client’s alibi. | 是的 Monk先生 这座雕像是我的当事人 不在场的证据 |
[13:33] | It’s kind of important that you take a look at it. | 你好好看看 这很重要 |
[13:35] | In fact the statue is the single most important piece of evidence | 这座雕像是案件中最重要的一个证据 |
[13:38] | in this entire case, and you can’t even look at it. | 你不能看都不看一眼 |
[13:41] | I got the gist of it. | 我已经看懂了它的本质 |
[13:43] | Whoa-whoa, I’m sorry, he got the gist of the evidence. | 抱歉 他说他看懂了证据的本质 |
[13:47] | I got the gist of the head and the… | 我看懂了头部 还有… |
[13:54] | upper head area. | 头部 上面部分 |
[14:00] | She’s your grandmother. She loves you. | 她是你的奶奶 她很爱你 |
[14:03] | I don’t want to see her. Not now. | 我现在不想见她 |
[14:06] | Not like this. | 不在这儿 |
[14:07] | At least call her, okay? | 至少给她打电话 好吗 |
[14:10] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[14:13] | You gonna call her? | 你会给她打电话吗 |
[14:17] | So how’s your lawyer? | – 你律师怎么样 |
[14:20] | She’s okay. | – 她很好 |
[14:22] | Rudy, what happened? | Rudy 到底出了什么事 |
[14:26] | Was it my fault? | 是我的错吗 |
[14:28] | Your fault? | – 你的错? – 是啊 我可是你的教导老师啊 |
[14:29] | Yeah, I was your big buddy. | – 你的错? – 是啊 我可是你的教导老师啊 |
[14:31] | I was supposed to look out for you. | 本应该照顾你 |
[14:34] | And I should have said, “Rudy, don’t kill anybody.” | 我该对你说 “Rudy 千万不能杀人” |
[14:36] | I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没杀人 |
[14:38] | I talked to the D.A. I know what you did. | 我和地区检察官谈过 我知道你都干了些什么 |
[14:40] | Randy | Randy, I swear. |
[14:43] | I messed up. | 我发誓 当时我很慌张 |
[14:45] | I went in there, I robbed the place, I admit it. | 抢劫了那儿 这我承认 |
[14:48] | I took 30 bucks from the cash register. | 我从收银台拿了30块 |
[14:51] | And grabbed a gold chain from the lady. | 抢了一个女人的金项链 |
[14:53] | Then I split. | 然后就溜了 |
[14:55] | She was alive when I left. | 我离开时她还活着 |
[15:06] | 30 bucks from the register. | 从收银台拿了30块 |
[15:10] | You grabbed a chain? | 抢了一条项链? |
[15:13] | You told the cops that? | 你跟警察说过吗 |
[15:19] | It’s not in here. | 上面没有啊 |
[15:22] | Guess you guys aren’t perfect. | 你们也不是完人啊 |
[15:31] | Hey, look what I found. | 嘿 看看我找到了什么 |
[15:34] | Our friendship bracelets. | 我俩的友谊手链 |
[15:37] | Put it on. | 戴上 |
[15:44] | I remember when we made these. | 我还记得做手链的情景 |
[15:47] | Remember what we said? | 还记得我们说过的话吧 |
[15:49] | I remember. | 记得 |
[15:51] | We promised each other we wouldn’t lie to each other. | 我们说好不对彼此说谎 |
[15:55] | So I’m gonna ask you one time. | 所以我再问你一次 |
[16:00] | Did you kill that woman, Rudy? | 那个女人是你杀的吗 Rudy |
[16:02] | Randy, I swear. | Randy 我发誓 |
[16:07] | I didn’t do it. | 我没有杀人 |
[16:27] | Is there a problem with the microphone? | 话筒有问题吗 |
[16:30] | There is a small kink in the microphone, Your Honor. | 话筒上有个小点 法官大人 |
[16:33] | You’ll thank me later. | 你会感谢我的 |
[16:43] | There it is. | 好了 |
[16:47] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[16:50] | Monk Mr. Monk, I’m sure you’re aware that in this court | |
[16:53] | we’ve had not one, not two, but three art experts. | 我想你注意到了 在法庭上有三个艺术家 |
[16:57] | They have all examined this sculpture. | 他们全都检查了这座雕像 |
[16:58] | They’ve all agreed it would take at least 12 hours | 都认为完成这样一件作品 |
[17:00] | to sculpt a piece like this. | 需要至少12小时 |
[17:02] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[17:03] | At first it looked like the perfect alibi. | 首先 这看起来确实是完美的不在场证据 |
[17:08] | All right, is that better? | 好些了吗 |
[17:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:11] | Mr. Gildea, how do we know when you sculpted this? | 谢谢 Gildea先生 我们怎么知道 你是什么时候雕刻这件作品的呢 |
[17:14] | I mean, it could have been last week. | 可能是上周 |
[17:15] | – Or last year. – Here’s how you know. | – 或去年 – 那我告诉你们吧 |
[17:21] | She was carved from a two-ton slab of Belgian gray marble | 这座雕像的原料是 一块两吨的比利时灰色大理石 |
[17:24] | that was delivered yesterday at 5:00 p.m. | 是昨天下午5点送来的 |
[17:26] | Here’s the receipt. | 收据在这儿 |
[17:28] | You can call the quarry yourself. | 你可以打电话问采石场 |
[17:30] | But how do we know this is the same slab | 我们怎么知道 |
[17:33] | of Belgian gray marble? | 这是同一块比利时灰色大理石呢 |
[17:35] | You could have sculpted the-the-the-the-the-the… | 你可以雕刻这个… |
[17:39] | – Nude. – The nude statue | – 裸女 |
[17:41] | out of a different slab. | – 用不同的石头 |
[17:44] | And when that marble was delivered yesterday, | 昨天大理石送来时 |
[17:46] | all you had to do was hide it. | 你只需把它藏起来 |
[17:48] | Hide it? | 藏起来? |
[17:50] | You think I hid a two-ton slab of marble? | 你是说我隐藏一块两吨重的大理石? |
[17:53] | That’s fantastic. | 太搞笑了吧 |
[17:56] | Where is it, detective? | 请问在哪儿呢 侦探 |
[17:58] | Is it underneath the couch? | 沙发下? |
[18:34] | Thank you very much for your time, Mr. Gildea. | 非常谢谢 Gldea先生 |
[18:36] | Sorry about your wife. | 节哀顺变 |
[18:38] | You understand, we always need to speak to the husband, | 你知道的 |
[18:41] | especially in a case like this. | 尤其是这种案子 我们必须找丈夫谈谈 |
[18:43] | – Of course. – The clock. | – 当然 – 时钟 |
[18:44] | Excuse me? | 你说啥 |
[18:46] | The clock in your studio was 20 minutes slow. | 你工作室的时钟慢了20分钟 |
[18:49] | And that popsicle is half-melted. | 这个冰棍有些化了 |
[18:52] | Your freezer must have been off for a while. | 你的冰箱肯定有段时间断电了 |
[18:56] | You… You blew a fuse. | 你把保险丝烧断了 |
[18:59] | A fuse? Wait, you’re right. | 保险丝 |
[19:02] | I remember. I was plugging in my coffee maker… | 没错 我插咖啡壶… |
[19:05] | No. No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[19:07] | No, it wasn’t a coffee maker. | 不关咖啡壶的事 |
[19:09] | You were using something much bigger. | 你用的是更大功率的东西 |
[19:12] | There’s a heavy duty extension cord in there. | 那儿有大功率延长线 |
[19:13] | It is the only thing in your studio not covered with dust. | 只有延长线上没有沾染灰尘 |
[19:17] | You were using some… some kind of tool. | 你在使用某种工具 |
[19:22] | A jackhammer. | 是手提钻 |
[19:25] | You killed her, you drove back here this morning, | 你杀了她 今早开车回这儿 |
[19:27] | you chopped up all of the marble with the jackhammer | 在Carney警官到来之前 |
[19:31] | before Sergeant Carney arrived. | 你用手提钻切碎了大理石 |
[19:33] | It wouldn’t have taken you more than an hour. | 最多只需一个小时 |
[19:34] | I chopped it all up? | 我切碎了大理石? |
[19:36] | You’re in the middle of nowhere. Nobody would have heard you. | 这儿很偏僻 没人听见电钻的声音 |
[19:38] | And then what? Where did I put it? | 然后呢 我把它放哪儿了 |
[19:40] | Two tons of marble. Oh, oh, maybe I ate it. | 那可是整整两吨的大理石啊 哦 可能是我吃了 |
[19:43] | No. No, you didn’t eat it. | 不 你没吃 |
[19:46] | We’re standing on it. | 它就在我们脚下 |
[19:52] | And he took the two tons of marble, and he spread it | 他切碎两吨重的大理石后 |
[19:54] | across his driveway? | 把它铺在私人车道? |
[19:55] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[19:56] | And you’re a detective, Mr. Monk. | 你是侦探 Monk先生 |
[19:58] | You’re not a science fiction writer? | 不是科幻小说家 对吧 |
[19:59] | No, I am not. | 不 |
[20:01] | – A writer. – That’s too bad. | 我不是…作家 |
[20:03] | I think you might have missed your calling, Mr. Monk. | 太糟糕了 你入错行了 Monk先生 |
[20:07] | Objection, your honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[20:08] | – Argumentative. – Sustained. | 无关辩论 反对有效 |
[20:12] | Let’s bring it in. | 带上来吧 |
[20:13] | Your honor, I would like to introduce to the court | 法官大人 |
[20:15] | defense exhibit B. | 让我介绍第二件证据 |
[20:17] | This is a sample of the gravel taken from my client’s driveway. | 这是从我当事人的车道上 取来的大理石样品 |
[20:20] | Now, Mr. Monk, if what you’re saying is correct, | Monk先生 如果你所言不假 |
[20:23] | then all of these pieces could have come from the same slab. | 所有的碎渣出自同一块大理石 |
[20:26] | Therefore, they should all fit together like a giant Jigsaw puzzle. | 那么所有碎渣应该能完全拼合还原 |
[20:29] | – Isn’t that right? – In theory. | 对吗 |
[20:30] | In theory? | – 理论上是 – 理论上是? 就凭一个理论 你就想让我的当事人下半生在牢里度过? |
[20:32] | You want to send my client to jail for the rest of his life on a theory? | 就凭一个理论 你就想让我的当事人下半生在牢里度过? |
[20:34] | Now wait, I misspoke. | 不 等等 我说错了 |
[20:38] | It’s not a theory. | 不是理论 |
[20:40] | It’s what happened, okay. He’s the guy. | 是事实 他就是凶手 |
[20:43] | Okay, well, let’s see if you’re right. | 那好吧 我们来看看你说的对不对 |
[20:45] | Let’s see if this piece matches this piece. | 这片和这片吻合吗 |
[20:47] | Do these two go together? No. | 不行 |
[20:50] | How about this one? | 那这片呢 |
[20:52] | Nope. | 不行 |
[20:53] | How about this one? | 这片呢 |
[20:55] | No. | 还是不行 |
[20:56] | How about this one? | – 这片呢 |
[20:57] | Objection. | – 反对 |
[20:59] | Order in this court. | 注意法庭秩序 |
[21:02] | Who is that woman? | 这女人是谁 |
[21:04] | That woman, your honor, is the witness’s nurse. | 法官大人 这女人是证人的护士 |
[21:06] | No, she is not my nurse, Your Honor. | 不 法官大人 她不是我的护士 |
[21:10] | She is my assistant. My nurse left five years ago. | 她是我的助手 我的护士五年前就走了 |
[21:14] | Well, we’re all very sorry to hear about that, Mr. Monk. | 真是遗憾啊 Monk先生 |
[21:21] | Objection! | 反对 |
[21:23] | To what? | 反对什么 |
[21:24] | To… To what I said… | 反对我… 我刚刚说的… |
[21:31] | Mr. Monk, you are testifying. | Monk先生 你在作证 |
[21:34] | You cannot object to your own testimony. | 你不能否认自己的证词 |
[21:36] | Why do you need a nurse, Mr. Monk? | – 为什么你需要护士呢 Monk先生 |
[21:38] | Objection. Immaterial. | – 反对 与本案无关 |
[21:39] | Mr. Monk said he needed a nurse. | Mon先生说他需要护士 |
[21:41] | I’ll allow it. | 同意 |
[21:42] | Answer the question. | 回答问题 |
[21:46] | I had a breakdown ten years ago | 十年前我妻子去世后 |
[21:49] | after the death of my wife. | 我的精神受到很大的打击 |
[21:51] | That was the same time you left the police force, correct? | 就在那时 你离开了警察局 对吧 |
[21:53] | Could you please explain to us | 你能否向我们解释你离职的真实情况 |
[21:54] | the exact circumstances of your departure | |
[21:56] | from the police force? | |
[22:00] | Psychiatric discharge. | – 因精神问题而离职 |
[22:02] | I can’t hear you, Mr. Monk. | – 听不见 Monk先生 |
[22:07] | It was a psychiatric discharge. | 因精神问题而离职 |
[22:10] | We’re all very sorry for your loss, Detective Monk… | 很抱歉 Monk侦探 |
[22:13] | Excuse me, former Detective Monk. | 不好意思 是前侦探Monk |
[22:15] | Former Detective Monk, I’m sure you would do anything | 前侦探Monk 我肯定你为了复职 |
[22:18] | to impress the commissioner to get your badge back. | 会千方百计让长官对你留下印象 |
[22:20] | Objection. Mr. Monk is not on trial. | 反对 Monk先生不是受审对象 |
[22:23] | It establishes credibility, Your Honor. | 这是在确定可信度 法官大人 |
[22:26] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[22:27] | Former Detective Monk, isn’t it true | 前侦探Monk |
[22:29] | that the only way you could get reinstated is to be appearing | 表面上侦破一个备受瞩目的案件 |
[22:32] | to be solving a high-profile case. | 是否是你复职的唯一途径 |
[22:34] | A high-profile case just like this one. | 备受瞩目的案件 就像这个案子一样 |
[22:37] | Appearing to solve, no. | 表面上侦破 |
[22:38] | I did not appear to solve anything. | 不 我从不玩表面上的一套 |
[22:41] | I solved the case. | 我明明白白地破了这个案子 |
[22:42] | I solved it. He’s the guy. | 他就是真凶 |
[22:44] | He is the guy. He chopped it all up with a jackhammer. | 他就是凶手 他用手提钻切碎了大理石 |
[22:47] | Where is the jackhammer? | 那手提钻在哪儿呢 |
[22:49] | He had all morning to get rid of it. | 他有整个上午的时间隐藏它 |
[22:52] | Okay, look, it’s so obv… | 这太明显了… |
[22:54] | And these pieces do fit together. | 这些碎片能吻合 |
[22:57] | I’ll show you. Okay? Here, look. | 我做给你看 看着 |
[22:58] | This one goes with… | 这片和… |
[23:04] | This one. | 这片 |
[23:07] | Okay, wait a sec. | 好的 等等 |
[23:11] | All right, look. | 好的 看吧 |
[23:12] | All right. Wait a second. | 等等 |
[23:15] | Hold that one. | 再拿那片试试 |
[23:17] | While this one… not that one… | 这片 不是那片… |
[23:21] | That one… | 那片 |
[23:25] | Not that one. | 不是这片 |
[23:37] | How do you find the defendant? | 对被告的裁决如何 |
[23:40] | We find the defendant not guilty. | 我们裁决 被告罪名不成立 |
[24:01] | This verdict isn’t going to bring Nancy back. | 裁决也挽救不了Nancy的命 |
[24:03] | Nothing can do that. | 她虽然不在了 |
[24:05] | But it did restore my faith in the American legal system. | 但这次裁决恢复了我对美国司法系统的信任 |
[24:08] | It’s the best legal system in the world. | 这是全世界最公正的司法系统 |
[24:09] | At least it was today. | 至少今天如此 |
[24:12] | It’s my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[24:13] | Don’t beat yourself up. You can’t win ’em all. | 别自责了 你赢不了他们 |
[24:16] | The gravel and the microphone. What was I thinking? | 碎片 话筒 我当时究竟在想什么呢 |
[24:19] | Hey, you had a hell of a run. Nobody goes undefeated forever. | 嘿 你有了一次体验 没人是永远的赢家 |
[24:22] | What happens now? | – 接下来会怎么样 |
[24:23] | Oh, nothing happens now. It’s over. | – 什么也没有了 |
[24:25] | Mr. Gildea can never be tried again. | 全结束了 Gildea先生再也不会被审问了 |
[24:27] | He’s right. It’s called double jeopardy. | 没错 这叫做一罪不受两次审理 |
[24:29] | – How do you sleep at night? – Like a baby. | 你晚上怎么睡觉 |
[24:31] | In a really expensive bed. Thanks for asking, though. | 像个小孩一样 躺在昂贵的床上 谢谢关心 |
[24:34] | Oh, and, detective? | 哦 侦探 |
[24:35] | – Lieutenant. | – Lieutenant. – 是中尉 – 中尉 |
[24:36] | You’re wrong. Some people do go undefeated forever. | 你说错了 永远的赢家确实存在 |
[24:43] | And I still hate you. | 我还是恨你 |
[24:46] | That’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[24:48] | – What’s that? – The taillights. | – 怎么了 – 尾灯 |
[24:50] | Evan On Evan Gildea’s car. | |
[24:52] | They don’t match. One is brighter. | Gildea的车尾灯不相配 有一个更亮 |
[24:54] | We can’t arrest him for that. Give it up, buddy. | 这可不算逮捕他的罪名 算了吧 |
[24:56] | It’s over. They beat us. | 结束了 他们赢了 |
[25:03] | We are almost out of time, so I want to thank our guest | 节目快结束了 感谢今天的嘉宾Harrison Powell |
[25:05] | Harrison Powell. | 他的书叫 不可战胜 |
[25:07] | His book is called “Undefeated: The Harrison Powell Story,” | Harrison Powell的故事 |
[25:11] | and do you have a card in case I get in trouble? | 你有名片吗 万一我遇到什么麻烦了 |
[25:14] | You know, a speeding ticket or something? | 比如超速之类的 |
[25:16] | You know, Sean, for you, as a matter of fact, I do. | Sean 给你 |
[25:19] | Oh, okay, for any criminal in San Francisco, | 对于旧金山所有的犯罪 |
[25:21] | this is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card, isn’t it? | 这就是一张免罪金牌 对吧 |
[25:24] | Because you are a regular Mr. Monopoly. | 因为只有你能做到 |
[25:27] | I guess I am. | 是的 |
[25:33] | I’ve made a decision. | 我决定了 |
[25:35] | I’m quitting. | 我要退出 |
[25:38] | I’m not taking any more cases. | 不再接案子 |
[25:40] | I’m sorry to hear that, Adrian. | 听你这么说 我很遗憾 Adrian |
[25:43] | Is it because of the TV interview? | 是因为那个电视采访吗 |
[25:46] | What interview? | – 什么采访 |
[25:47] | Harrison Powell was on TV last night. | – Harrison Powell昨晚上电视了 |
[25:49] | You didn’t see it? | 你没看吗 |
[25:51] | Did he mention me? | 他提到我了吗 |
[25:54] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[25:56] | You don’t remember? | 你不记得了? |
[25:58] | How long was the interview? | 采访有多久 |
[26:00] | About ten minutes. | 大约10分钟 |
[26:02] | You saw a ten-minute interview on TV last night, | 昨晚你看了一个10分钟的采访节目 |
[26:04] | and you don’t remember if my name was mentioned? | 却不记得有没有提到我的名字? |
[26:08] | All right, he might have mentioned your name. | 他可能提到你了 |
[26:12] | I should have known. You’re a very good detective. | 我早该知道 你是个非常非常棒的侦探 |
[26:15] | Yes, I am a good detective. | 是的 我是个很厉害的侦探 |
[26:16] | But I’m a terrible witness, which is why I’m quitting. | 却是个很差劲的证人 所以我要退出 |
[26:20] | Adrian, setbacks like the one | Adrian 像这样的挫败 |
[26:22] | you just experienced are a part of life. | 是生命的一部分 |
[26:24] | You could argue they’re the most important part of… | 这样的经历最重要的是… |
[26:27] | You don’t understand. A killer… | 你不明白 凶手 |
[26:29] | a stone-cold killer is back on the street because of me. | 一个冷血杀手因为我逍遥法外 |
[26:32] | Because that lawyer Harrison Powell ripped me apart | 因为律师Harrison |
[26:35] | on the witness stand. | Powell干扰证人席上的我 |
[26:37] | You weren’t there. He… He dismantled me. | 你当时没在场 他… |
[26:40] | I was helpless. | 他对我紧追不放 我毫无招架之力 |
[26:42] | I understand. | – 我理解 – 这事还会再发生 |
[26:43] | And it’s going to happen again. | – 我理解 – 这事还会再发生 |
[26:45] | What’s to prevent it? | 该怎么阻止呢 |
[26:46] | I’ll solve another case, | 我再继续破案 |
[26:48] | and then somebody else will be arrested, | 有人会被捕 |
[26:50] | and all they have to do is hire Harrison Powell. | 然后他们只需找Harrison Powell |
[26:53] | It’s like he has one of those get-out-of-jail-free cards. | 就像他拥有免罪金牌 |
[26:57] | You know, it’s funny you mention it. | 你这么说真有趣 |
[26:59] | That’s exactly… | 昨晚… |
[27:02] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[27:03] | I’m a liability now. | 现在我是个累赘 |
[27:05] | I’m the weak link. | 是软肋 |
[27:07] | Believe me, I’m doing the city a favor. | 相信我 我是在为这座城市做好事 |
[27:10] | All right, before you decide, let me tell you a little story. | 好的 在你决定之前 先听我讲个小故事 |
[27:14] | No, there’s nothing you can say. My mind is made up. | 你不用枉费言辞了 我心意已决 |
[27:17] | Just hear me out. Please. | 先听我说 |
[27:21] | Is this a long story? | 故事长不 |
[27:23] | – No. – Is it a parable? | – 不 – 是寓言吗 |
[27:25] | No. No. | 不是 |
[27:27] | As you know, I went to college on a baseball scholarship. | 我是靠棒球学奖金上的大学 |
[27:30] | Now there was a pitcher in the league | 联盟里有个投手叫Scotty Hunt |
[27:32] | named Scotty Hunt, who was my nemesis. | 一直是我的劲敌 |
[27:36] | All right, he had this sinking curveball. | 他擅长投曲线球 |
[27:39] | I mean, I couldn’t touch it. | 我根本碰不到球 |
[27:41] | He struck me out 15 times in a row. | 连续15次出局 |
[27:42] | – Okay, this is a parable. – It’s not a parable. | -这就是寓言 -不是的 |
[27:45] | If it’s anything, it’s an allegory. | – 非要说的话 |
[27:46] | Okay, I’m quitting. | 这是个有寓意的故事 – 我还是要退出 |
[27:48] | Please let me finish. | 先听我说完 |
[27:50] | Now I considered giving up. | 于是我想要放弃 |
[27:53] | Then I decided, no, no, no, I’m not just gonna roll over. | 可我决定了 不不不 我不能就这么轻易言败 |
[27:55] | I’m not gonna let this jerk ruin everything I worked so hard for. | 我不能让这个傻瓜毁掉我辛苦得来的一切 |
[27:58] | So I went to school on the guy. I studied him. | 于是我上大学 研究他 |
[28:02] | I looked for his weakness. | 寻找他的弱点 |
[28:04] | And I realized he had a tell. | 终于我发现每次投曲线球前 |
[28:06] | He was tipping his curveball. | 他有个习惯性动作 |
[28:08] | Uh-huh. | 最后一场比赛上 |
[28:10] | So, last game of the season, | |
[28:11] | I’m at bat, bases loaded, | 我上场击球 在本垒上 |
[28:13] | we’re down by three, | 我们落后三分 |
[28:15] | I saw the tell. | 我看见了他的习惯性动作 |
[28:17] | I’m looking for the curveball. | 准备好了等着他投出曲线球 |
[28:18] | And I nailed it right field fence, grand slam. | 我在右外场接住了 |
[28:22] | We went on to win the playoffs. | 全垒打 我们赢了决赛 |
[28:27] | I don’t want to be rude. Is that the end of the allegory? | 容我问一句 寓言说完了吗 |
[28:31] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[28:33] | I’m quitting. | 我要退出 |
[28:38] | Hey, what are you doing? | – 你干嘛呢 |
[28:40] | Oh, these are my old case files. | – 这都是我以前的案子 |
[28:43] | I’m organizing them by date, | 我按照日期整理 |
[28:45] | and then cross-referencing them by name of the suspect. | 前后对照嫌犯名字 |
[28:48] | The yellow folders indicate multiple victims. | 黄色文件夹代表多重犯罪 |
[28:51] | And what are you gonna do with them? | – 整理完之后呢 |
[28:52] | I’m gonna burn them. | – 全烧了 |
[28:54] | – You can’t quit, Mr. Monk. – Already have. | – 你不能退出 Monk先生 – 我已经退出了 |
[28:56] | Mr. Monk, there’s a case, a very important case. | Monk先生 有个案子 非常重要的案子 |
[28:59] | Nobody else can handle it. | 没人破得了 |
[29:01] | Natalie I know what you’re trying to do, Natalie, | |
[29:03] | but it won’t work. | 我知道你想说服我 |
[29:04] | My mind’s made up. | 不过没用 我心意已决 |
[29:05] | She’s not asking Monk. I am. | 不是她在请求你 Monk 是我 |
[29:09] | It’s Rudy, my little buddy. | 是Rudy的事 我的小兄弟 |
[29:11] | You remember the kid from the courthouse? | 还记得法院里的那个孩子吧 |
[29:13] | The D.A. just announced that they want to try him as an adult. | 地区检察官刚刚宣布 要把他当作成人审判 |
[29:17] | The kid’s looking at 25 years. | 这孩子得坐25年牢 |
[29:20] | It’s very important to you, isn’t it? | 这对你很重要 是吗 |
[29:25] | Then you don’t want me anywhere near it. | 那你就别让我靠近这案子 |
[29:27] | And you know what happened. | 你知道都发生了什么 |
[29:29] | That last case came crashing down around me. | 上个案子被我搞砸了 |
[29:32] | Mr. Monk, we want to show you the crime scene. | Monk先生 我们想带你去案发现场 |
[29:34] | Come with us. It’ll take 20 minutes. | 走吧 |
[29:36] | Maybe you’ll see something. | 就20分钟 或许你能发现什么 |
[29:40] | You can’t say no. | 你不能拒绝 |
[29:43] | Well, you can, but you can’t. | 你能 但你不会 |
[29:45] | I can, but I can’t? I don’t understand. | 我能 但我不会? 我不明白 |
[29:48] | You don’t, but you do. | 你不明白 但你会做 |
[29:59] | He confessed. | – 他承认了 |
[30:00] | To robbing the store. | – 抢劫商店 |
[30:01] | – He confessed? – Not to the murder. | – 他都认了? – 但他没有杀人 |
[30:03] | Randy, you know the law. | Randy 你懂法 |
[30:06] | If I go with you and I see something, | 如果我和你去现场 |
[30:07] | then I might have to testify about it. | 发现了什么 那么我可能会上庭作证 |
[30:10] | And if I accuse someone, they could hire this Powell guy. | 如果我指控某人 |
[30:13] | They probably will. | 他就会请Powell作辩护 |
[30:15] | Well, I’m willing to take that chance. | 冒险我也认了 |
[30:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:19] | Because he didn’t do it. | 因为他没有杀人 |
[30:32] | – An auto parts store. – It’s a family business. | – 汽车配件店 – 是家族生意 |
[30:34] | It’s been closed since the murder, | 命案后就关门了 |
[30:36] | so the scene is pretty much intact. | 所以现场保存完好 |
[30:37] | Natalie, you be the owner. | Natalie 你扮店主 |
[30:39] | You’re behind the counter. | – 站到收银台后去 – 好的 |
[30:45] | She was older. | 她比你老 |
[30:47] | Pretend I’m older. | 当我老了 |
[30:49] | Fine. So pretend she’s older. | – 好的 当她老了 – 好的 |
[30:51] | Okay. | Rudy把车停在后面 |
[30:53] | All right, Rudy parks out back, | Rudy把车停在后面 |
[30:54] | comes inside the store, | 走进店 |
[30:55] | he looks around and pretends to shop. | 东张西望 假装买东西 |
[30:58] | And it’s just Rudy and the woman. | 店里只有Rudy和那个女人吗 还有其他证人吗 |
[30:59] | – There’s no other witnesses? – No, he can’t remember. | 他不记得 |
[31:01] | He thinks there might have another car parked out back. | 他觉得可能后面还有一辆车 |
[31:04] | And maybe there was somebody else inside the store. | 或许店里还有其他人 |
[31:06] | That’s not much help. | – 这没什么用 |
[31:07] | I know, Monk. | – 我知道 Monk |
[31:09] | I mean, he was scared to death. | 他怕得要死 |
[31:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:12] | So he comes over to the counter and asks for change. | 他向收银台走去 |
[31:15] | “May I have some change?” She opens the register. | 问道”能换零钱吗” |
[31:20] | She opens the register. | 于是她打开收银机 |
[31:24] | He grabs the cash, grabs her gold necklace, | 他抓起现金 扯下她的金项链 |
[31:27] | bolts out the door. | 冲出门去 |
[31:29] | He didn’t hit her or shove her. | 他没打她 或推她 |
[31:31] | No, he swears that he didn’t touch her. | 没有 他发誓没碰她 |
[31:34] | I mean, the body was right over here in the corner | 尸体就倒在这儿 |
[31:37] | with the murder weapon beside it. | 旁边放着凶器 |
[31:38] | It was a tire iron from the shelf. | 是从架子拿的一根橇杠 |
[31:43] | So it was spur-of-the-moment. | 这么说是冲动犯罪 |
[31:46] | He didn’t plan on killing anyone, | 事先没有计划要杀人 |
[31:48] | or he would have brought a weapon with him. | 不然他会随身带着武器 |
[31:50] | Ooh, Mr. Monk, good point. | Monk先生 干得好 |
[31:52] | Although a good lawyer… Harrison Powell, for example… | 但是好律师Harrison Powell |
[31:56] | might say Rudy didn’t have to bring a weapon with him | 会说Rudy没必要随身带武器 |
[32:00] | because he knew there’d be something like a tire iron | 因为他知道店里会有可作为武器的东西 |
[32:03] | in the store. | 例如撬杠 |
[32:04] | “It is an auto parts store, isn’t it, former Detective Monk? | 这是汽车配件店 不是吗 前侦探Monk |
[32:07] | Have you ever been inside an auto parts store, | 你去过汽车配件店吗 |
[32:10] | former Detective Monk? | 前侦探Monk |
[32:12] | Do you even own a car, former detective Monk?” | 你有车吗 前侦探Monk |
[32:14] | – Mr. Monk, what are you doing? – “Oh, that’s right. | – Monk先生 你在干什么啊 – 哦 是的 |
[32:17] | They won’t give you a license. | 他们可不会给你发驾照 |
[32:18] | Isn’t that true, former detective Monk?” | 不是吗 前侦探Monk |
[32:20] | “Objection!” “Order in the…” | 反对 注意法庭… |
[32:27] | – What’s the use? – Mr. Monk, come on, come on. | 我是怎么了 |
[32:29] | You got to forget about Harrison Powell. | Monk先生 别这样 忘了Harrison Powell |
[32:31] | You got to keep going. Come on, come on. | 打起精神向前看 |
[32:33] | Do the hand… Do the hand thing. | 手快动起来 就像以前那样 |
[32:35] | Go on, go on. You got it, you got it. | 打起精神来 |
[32:45] | There’s a camera? | 有摄像头? |
[32:46] | Yeah, but the recorder’s empty. | 是的 可带子是空的 |
[32:48] | Which means the killer must have taken the tape. | 凶手肯定拿走了带子 |
[32:51] | But your friend Rudy is short. | 但是你朋友Rudy不高 |
[32:54] | He’s, what, 5’4″? | 大约1米64 |
[32:56] | 5’4 1/4.” | 1米65 |
[32:58] | Well, he couldn’t reach that shelf. | 他够不着架子 |
[33:01] | There’s no stepping stool. | 这儿也没有梯凳 |
[33:02] | “He didn’t need a stepping stool, former Detective Monk. | 他不需要梯凳 前侦探Monk |
[33:06] | There are hundreds of things here he could have stood on. | 可以站上去的东西多着呢 |
[33:09] | Why are you crying, former Detective Monk? | 你怎么哭了呀 前侦探Monk |
[33:12] | Why don’t you stop wasting everyone’s time | 你还是别浪费大家的时间了 |
[33:14] | and get the hell out of here?” | 赶紧离开吧 |
[33:15] | Objection, badgering… | 反对 |
[33:18] | yourself. | 别再自虐了 |
[33:20] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[33:23] | Mr. Monk, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. | Monk 别这样 别这样 |
[33:26] | Come on, come on. Look at me. | 看看我 |
[33:28] | Look at me! | 你必须忘掉那个律师 |
[33:29] | You have to get this lawyer out of your head. | |
[33:31] | You’re not thinking straight. Come on, Randy. | 别让他干扰你的思考 |
[33:32] | Keep reading. | 继续 Randy |
[33:34] | Okay, let’s see. | 我看看 |
[33:35] | Uh, “there’s $30 missing from the register. | 收银机里少了30块钱 |
[33:37] | “She was struck once in the back of the skull, | 她的后脑 |
[33:40] | medulla oblongata.” | 延髓遭一击 |
[33:41] | Wait, wait. | 等等 |
[33:43] | She was only hit once? | – 她只被打了一下? |
[33:45] | Yeah, she died instantly. | – 是的 当场死亡 |
[33:47] | That’s exactly how Nancy Gildea was killed. | Nancy Gildea也是这么死的 |
[33:50] | – Monk, you’re right. – Yeah. | – Monk 你说的对 – 是啊 |
[33:53] | When did this happen? What was the day? | 这是哪天的事 |
[33:55] | October 1st. | 11月1号 |
[33:57] | About 10:00 p.m.? | 上午10点左右? |
[34:00] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[34:01] | That’s right. How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[34:07] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[34:09] | Shh. | |
[34:30] | Mr. Monk, what are you looking for? | Monk先生 你找什么呢 |
[34:40] | This. | 这个 |
[34:53] | If you’re trying to scare me, you can forget it. | 如果你想吓唬我 趁早拉倒 |
[34:56] | I was acquitted, remember? Jury of my peers. | 我被宣判无罪了 记得吧 |
[34:58] | This isn’t about your wife, Mr. Gildea. | 不是你妻子的事 Gildea先生 |
[35:01] | This is about Sara Paddock. | 是Sara Paddock的事 |
[35:03] | Different murder. Different case. | 不同的杀人案 |
[35:06] | Who? | – 谁 |
[35:08] | She was the woman at the auto parts store | – 当你离开城里时 |
[35:10] | you murdered when you were leaving town. | 在汽车配件店里杀的那个女人 |
[35:11] | That was her name. | 这是她的名字 |
[35:13] | Sara Paddock. | |
[35:16] | It’s okay. Just take your time. | 没事的 放松点 |
[35:18] | I’m not sure. I’m sorry. | 我不敢肯定 抱歉 |
[35:20] | I read about that. | 我看过这个新闻 |
[35:23] | The auto store. I thought you caught that kid. | 汽车配件店的案子 那个孩子不是被抓了吗 |
[35:26] | There was a young man in the store. | 有个年轻人进入店里 |
[35:29] | He robbed the place, he grabbed a few bucks, | 抢劫了商店 |
[35:31] | but he didn’t kill anyone. | 拿了点钱 但他没杀人 |
[35:33] | Here’s what happened. | 事情是这样的 |
[35:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:39] | Nothing. It just feels good to say that again, especially to him. | 没什么 再次说出这句话的感觉真好 特别是对他说 |
[35:44] | Here’s what happened. | 事情是这样的 |
[35:46] | You drove to San Francisco, | 你开车去旧金山 |
[35:47] | and you murdered your wife, no matter what | 杀了你妻子 |
[35:50] | the jury said, you murdered your wife. | 不管陪审团怎么说 妻子就是你杀的 |
[35:52] | But as you were leaving, you had a problem. | 但是当你离开时 遇到了麻烦 |
[35:55] | One of your taillights was burned out. | 有个车尾灯坏了 |
[35:57] | You couldn’t risk driving home like that. | 你不能就这样开回家 |
[35:59] | If the cops stopped you, | 如果警察拦下你 |
[36:01] | your alibi would be ruined. | 你的不在场证据就被破坏了 |
[36:03] | There was an auto parts store up the street, | 街上有家汽车配件店 |
[36:05] | you ran in to buy a new bulb, | 你进去买新的尾灯 |
[36:07] | you were gonna pay cash, | 你打算付现金 |
[36:09] | nobody would ever know you were there. | 以防被查出你去过那儿 |
[36:11] | But your timing was terrible. | 但是你去的不是时候 |
[36:13] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[36:14] | We’ve got everything on video. | 监控录像都记下来了 |
[36:16] | Now you had a bigger problem. | 这下你的问题更大了 |
[36:18] | As soon as she reported it, | 一旦她报警 |
[36:20] | the cops would take a look at the security tape… | 警察就会检查监控录像 |
[36:23] | And we’d see you in the store three blocks away | 我们就会看见 你出现在离妻子被杀3个街区以外的店里 |
[36:26] | from where your wife was killed, and you couldn’t afford that. | 你不能冒这个险 |
[36:32] | If it’s all right with you, I’m gonna wait for my attorney. | 就算你是对的 我要等我的律师 |
[36:35] | His name is Harrison Powell. I think you might remember him. | 他叫Harrison Powell 你还记得吧 |
[36:41] | Leland, he’s in my head again. | Leland 我又出现幻觉了 |
[36:45] | No, Monk, he’s actually… He’s here. | 不 Monk 他是真来了 |
[36:48] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[36:49] | Uh, I’ve been brought up to speed. | 我最快速度赶来了 |
[36:51] | I understand you found a burnt-out taillight bulb | 我知道你在汽车配件店附近 发现了一个坏的车尾灯 |
[36:54] | next to an auto parts store. | 恭喜啊 前侦探Adrian Monk |
[36:56] | Congratulations, former Detective Adrian Monk. | 恭喜啊 前侦探Adrian Monk |
[36:59] | May I? | 我可以看看吧 |
[37:01] | This… This bulb must fit, what, 50 models? | 这样的灯泡有50个型号 |
[37:04] | – 31. | |
[37:06] | 31 models. | 31个型号 |
[37:08] | Former Detective Adrian… | 前侦探Adrian… |
[37:10] | Monk, have you ever been inside an auto parts store? | Monk 你去过汽车配件店吗 |
[37:13] | Do you… Do you even drive a car, former Detective Monk? | 你开过车没 前侦探Monk |
[37:16] | Okay. | 如果你们不打算起诉我的当事人 |
[37:17] | Well, if you guys aren’t gonna charge my client with anything, | |
[37:19] | and I can tell by the dumbfounded expressions on your faces | 一看你们这副傻乎乎的表情就知道 |
[37:22] | that you’re not at all. | 你们根本无法起诉 |
[37:23] | Uh, you can turn that off ’cause we’re hitting the road. | 那你们可以把这个关了 因为我们要走了 |
[37:26] | Let’s go, fella. I’m double-parked. | 走吧 伙计 我可是双行停车 |
[37:37] | The truth will come out, Powell. | 会真相大白的 Powell |
[37:40] | Somehow it always does. | 没有例外 |
[37:41] | Your client killed that woman. | 你的当事人杀了那个女人 |
[37:44] | When are you people gonna stop hassling me? | 你们这些人什么时候才能别再骚扰我 |
[37:46] | I mean, you’ve got the real killer right in front of you. | 凶手已经在这儿了 |
[37:48] | That dope-smoking, chain-snatching, little thug | 那个嗑药 抢项链的小流氓就在这儿 |
[37:51] | right over there. He killed her. | 谁都知道是他杀的 |
[37:53] | Everybody knows it. | |
[37:55] | Whoa, whoa, excuse me. Wait a minute. | 抱歉 等等 |
[37:58] | Hey, did you hear what he just said? | 嘿 他刚刚的话你都听见了吧 |
[38:00] | Yes, I did. I wonder why you’re asking. | 听见了 为什么这么问 |
[38:03] | Did you hear what he just said? | 他刚刚的话你都听见了吧 |
[38:08] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没说 |
[38:09] | You just called that young man “a chain-snatching, | 你管这个孩子叫 |
[38:13] | dope-smoking little thug.” | 嗑药 抢项链的小流氓 |
[38:15] | I was being kind. | 我已经嘴下留情了 |
[38:17] | How did you know about the chain-snatching? | 你怎么知道强抢项链的事 |
[38:20] | He read it. | 报上看到的 |
[38:21] | It wasn’t in the papers. | 报纸上没有 |
[38:23] | It wasn’t even in the police report. | 就连警方报告上也没有 |
[38:24] | No, no, no, no, no, no, | 不 不 不 |
[38:26] | there is only one possible way he knew Rudy took that necklace. | 他知道Rudy抢了项链 只有一个方法 |
[38:33] | You saw it happen. | 你亲眼所见 |
[38:35] | It’s called guilty knowledge. And juries eat it up. | 这叫不打自招 陪审团会相信的 |
[38:39] | Mr. Gildea, you’re under arrest. | Gildea先生 你被捕了 |
[38:43] | Randy, would you like to do the honors? | Randy 能麻烦你吗 |
[38:45] | My pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[38:48] | Yes. Yes. | |
[38:52] | Do you really want to go up against me again, | 你真想再和我对抗一次吗 |
[38:56] | former Detective Monk? | 前侦探Monk |
[38:57] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[38:59] | I’ll see you on the ball field. | 我们棒球场上见 |
[39:01] | The ball field? | – 棒球场? |
[39:02] | I’ve seen your curveball. | – 我已经看穿你的曲线球了 |
[39:04] | I can hit it now. | 我能接得住 |
[39:06] | Oh, I’m really looking forward to this. | 那我翘首以待 |
[39:09] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不会的 |
[39:19] | He is gonna rip me apart. | 他会打败我 |
[39:21] | No, he’s not. Mr. Monk, you’re gonna do great. | 不 Monk先生 |
[39:23] | You’ve seen his curveball. | 你肯定会表现出色的 你已经发现了他的曲线球 |
[39:24] | I don’t even know what that means. | 这话什么意思我都不知道 |
[39:26] | I can’t believe I’m doing this again. | 我竟然又这么做了 |
[39:28] | I’m proud of you, man. | 我以你为傲 你很快又会重振旗鼓了 |
[39:29] | You’re getting back on the horse. | Monk 我给你点建议吧 |
[39:31] | Yeah, Monk. Okay, a couple of suggestions. | Monk 我给你点建议吧 |
[39:33] | Uh, just a thought. | 只是个想法 |
[39:34] | Maybe work on not crying… | 别在法庭上哭 |
[39:37] | I mean, quite so much in front of the jury. | 在陪审团面前最好保持安静 |
[39:39] | Okay, that’s a good note. | 好的 这个建议不错 |
[39:41] | Yeah, also, you can think “mayday” all you want, | 你可以在心里大喊救命 |
[39:43] | but it’s probably a mistake to yell the word “mayday” | 但是千万别在证人席上喊出口 – |
[39:46] | – from the witness stand. – Did I do that? | 我这样做过吗 – 有几次 |
[39:48] | – Just a couple times. – More than a couple times. | – 不只几次 |
[39:50] | I better write these down. | – 我最好记下来 |
[39:52] | I’ll get you out of these cuffs. | -我把手铐解了 -不要超时 |
[39:54] | – There are no timeouts. – Right. | – 不要一直重复 |
[39:55] | No do-overs. | – 是的 |
[39:57] | – No heavy, heavy sweating. – No, no. | 不要冒汗 |
[40:05] | We find the defendant guilty of murder in the second degree. | 判决被告二级谋杀罪罪名成立 |
[40:13] | Mr. Powell, are you surprised? What went wrong today? | Pwell先生 你对判决结果意外吗 今天出什么问题了吗 |
[40:15] | – You gonna change the name of the book? | |
[40:17] | No comment. Come on, guys. | 你打算改书名吗 – |
[40:18] | Excuse me. | 无可奉告 借过 |
[40:20] | Go ahead. Say it. | 说吧 |
[40:23] | It hurts, doesn’t it? | 感觉很难过 是吗 |
[40:28] | Hey, how’s your little buddy, little buddy? | -你的小兄弟怎么样 -他要做500小时的社区服务 |
[40:30] | He’s gonna get 500 hours of community service. | 我在警察局里给他找份工作 |
[40:32] | And I’m getting him a job at the station house too. | |
[40:34] | Really make him work it off. | 让他改过自新 |
[40:36] | Somebody working at the station house. | 在警察局工作 |
[40:38] | That will be sort of refreshing. | 算是重新做人了 |
[40:42] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[40:44] | Don’t say it. | – 别说 – 你让我引以为傲 |
[40:45] | I’m proud of you. | 好吧 你说吧 |
[40:46] | Okay, you can say it. | 好吧 你说吧 |
[40:48] | You were the best witness ever. | 你是最棒的证人 |
[40:49] | You answered all the questions. | 回答了所有问题 镇定自若 |
[40:51] | You didn’t get rattled, even when the microphone was all bent up and twisted. | 就算话筒杆弯曲 |
[40:55] | You ignored it. | – 你也视而不见 |
[40:56] | I don’t know why you’re so surprised. | – 你干嘛这么惊讶 |
[40:57] | Just doing my job. | 我只是完成我的工作 走吧 证人专家 我送你回家 |
[40:59] | Come on, Mr. Expert Witness. | 走吧 |
[41:00] | I’ll drive you home. | 证人专家 我送你回家 |