时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Step into it, now. Come on, Petey. | 站进来 准备好 Petey |
[00:03] | Don’t be afraid of the ball. Step into one, now. | 不用害怕球 站进来 |
[00:05] | Come on, kid. Here we go, Petey. | 来吧 孩子 开始 Petey |
[00:08] | Nice level swing now. | 来个漂亮的水平击球 |
[00:09] | Eye on the ball, Petey. Come on. You can do it. | 眼睛盯着球 来吧 你行的 |
[00:12] | Here we go. Level swing. | 开始 水平击出 |
[00:14] | All right. Hey, that’s all right. Hey, Petey, it’s all right. | 没事 没关系 Petey 没关系 |
[00:17] | See that ball. Wait for a good pitch. | 盯住球 看准机会投出去 |
[00:19] | Come on, Petey. | 来吧 Petey |
[00:20] | Looking good, Martha. You want to play? | Martha 气色不错 要玩两局吗 |
[00:22] | – We need a center fielder. – You trying to kill me, Chauncey? | – 我们需要一个中场手 – 你想要我的命吗 Chauncey |
[00:25] | Don’t talk like that. | 别那么说 |
[00:26] | You’re gonna outlive us all. | 你比我们都长寿 |
[00:27] | Hey, here we go, Petey. Come on, now! | 准备好 Petey 来吧 |
[00:29] | Step into one, now. Meet the ball. | 站进来 |
[00:36] | Here we go. You can do it. | 要开始了 你行的 |
[00:37] | This is your pitch, Petey. | 由你来击球 |
[00:39] | Come on now. This one’s yours. | Petey 现在开始 |
[00:41] | Meet the ball. Here we go, Petey. | 击球 准备好 Petey |
[00:45] | All that practice about to pay off. | 所有的练习都是为了成功的一击 |
[00:46] | Come on, Petey. | Petey 就是这样 |
[01:00] | That a boy, Petey! | 好样的 Petey |
[01:03] | That’s how you do it! | 你做到了 |
[01:04] | Whoo-hoo! | |
[01:06] | That’s how you do it, right there, kid. | – 你做到了 小子 – 我知道 |
[01:08] | Somebody get that. | 谁去把球捡回来 每个球值4块钱呢 |
[01:09] | Those things cost four bucks each. | 谁去把球捡回来 每个球值4块钱呢 |
[01:10] | Nice hit, Petey! Attaboy! | 漂亮的击球 |
[01:13] | Whoo! | Petey 棒极了 |
[01:36] | Oh, look at all this stuff. | 看看这一切 |
[01:38] | I guess we have to pack it all up. | – 我想这些全都得打包 |
[01:40] | Let’s worry about it after the funeral. | – 还是葬礼完了之后再操这个心吧 |
[01:42] | I still can’t believe this. | 我还是不能相信 |
[01:44] | She beat cancer twice to die like that? | 她两次战胜癌症 却那样就死了 |
[01:48] | Hit by a baseball. | 被一只棒球击中 |
[01:51] | At least she didn’t suffer. | 起码她走的时候没有受罪 |
[01:56] | Oh, her fish. | 她的鱼 |
[01:59] | They must be starving. | 肯定快饿死了 |
[02:03] | There you go. | 这就喂你 |
[02:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:08] | I miss her too. | 我也很想她 |
[02:11] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[02:13] | Bills mostly. | 都是些账单 |
[02:15] | I’ll give them to the lawyer. Becky… | 我回头拿给律师 |
[02:25] | Becky, look at this. | Becky 看这个 |
[02:27] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[02:31] | What is that? Is that a baseball? | 这是什么 是棒球吗 |
[02:36] | It’s postmarked Tuesday. | 邮戳是星期二的 |
[02:38] | That was three days before she died. | 是她死前三天 |
[03:44] | – Don’t touch it. – I’m not touching it. | – 别碰它 – 我可没碰 |
[03:47] | I don’t even want to look at it. | 我看都不愿意看一眼 |
[03:48] | Hey, Monk, thank you for coming. | 嘿 Monk 谢谢你赶来 |
[03:50] | We caught a weird one here. | 这件案子很古怪 |
[03:52] | I mean, this is off the charts. | 完全无章可循 |
[03:53] | What happened? W-W-What did you do here? | 发生了什么 你都对这办公室做了什么 |
[03:56] | Oh, we rearranged the squad room. | 我们重新分配了各小组的空间 |
[03:58] | I guess I should start at the beginning. | 我从头说一遍 |
[04:01] | On Friday, a woman named Martha Murphy was killed. | 星期五 一个叫Martha |
[04:03] | She was hit by a baseball. | Murphy的女人 被棒球击中头部而死 |
[04:05] | She was power walking past the little league field | 她健走路过一个小棒球场 |
[04:07] | when a 12-year-old kid named Petey Cunningham | 这时一个叫Petey |
[04:09] | knocked one over the fence and beaned her, | Cunningham的 12岁男孩一球击飞 |
[04:11] | left temple. | 球飞出围墙 击中她左太阳穴 |
[04:12] | I mean, what are the odds, right? | 这种概率有多大呢 |
[04:14] | A million to one? A billion to one, maybe. | 百万分之一? 或许十亿分之一 |
[04:16] | You rearranged the squad room. Why? | 你重新分配了各小组的空间 为什么 |
[04:19] | It’s supposed to be more efficient. | 为了提高效率 |
[04:20] | We’ve, uh, broken it down into five different units. | 我们把它分成了五个不同单元 |
[04:23] | It’s actually working out pretty well. | – 事实上它行之有效 |
[04:25] | Whatever. Listen, get this… | – 管它呢 听着 |
[04:27] | Yesterday, Martha’s family flies in from Denver. | 昨天Martha的家人从丹佛飞过来 |
[04:30] | They go to her house. | 他们去了她家 开始准备奶奶的后事 |
[04:31] | They’re gonna get grandma’s affairs in order. | 他们去了她家 开始准备奶奶的后事 |
[04:33] | Guess what they found? It’s the darndest thing. | 你猜他们发现了什么 真是最难以置信 |
[04:35] | In 30 years of law enforcement, I’ve never… | – 我执法30多年来 |
[04:37] | Here’s what I don’t understand. | 还从没… – 我不明白 |
[04:39] | What was the problem with the way it was? | 原来那种摆放方式又有什么不妥 |
[04:41] | The way it was before was the way… | 以前的那种方式 |
[04:44] | It’s always been. | 一直都是那样的 |
[04:45] | Monk, I haven’t even gotten to the voodoo stuff yet. | Monk 我还没有说到巫毒教呢 |
[04:48] | Voodoo? | – 巫毒教? – 我是说 这样过于随意了点? |
[04:49] | I mean, it’s so random, isn’t it? | – 巫毒教? – |
[04:51] | I mean, you got all these arbitrary formations and… | 我是说 这样过于随意了点? 你的所有这些排列这样随意 |
[04:54] | I mean, who can work like this? | 谁还能工作呢 |
[04:57] | It’s madness. | 太疯狂了 |
[04:58] | Okay! I don’t know what I was thinking. | 好了 我不知道我当时是怎么想的 |
[05:01] | Randy, let’s put it back the way it was. | Randy 让我们把这些都恢复原状吧 |
[05:04] | What, you mean right now? For how long? | 你是说现在吗 要恢复多久 |
[05:06] | Until Monk dies. | 直到Monk死掉 |
[05:09] | You heard the captain. | 你们都听到上尉的话了 |
[05:10] | Let’s move the desks back the way they were. | 把桌子都恢复原状吧 |
[05:13] | Let’s go, sergeant. | 快动手吧 警官 |
[05:14] | Hey, Ralph, give me a hand with this one here. | Ralph 给我搭把手 |
[05:19] | Captain, yeah. Let me just grab that there. | – 是这样的 – 上尉 把这个挪到那去 |
[05:21] | Hey, guys, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. | 伙计们 都动起来 开始 |
[05:24] | We don’t have all day. | 我们可不能折腾上一整天 |
[05:25] | That’s right. Yeah, thank you. | – 是这样 |
[05:26] | Don’t touch that. Yeah, captain. | 谢谢你 – 别碰那个 |
[05:28] | Yeah, if you can get that one back there. | 上尉 |
[05:30] | Yeah. | 你能把那个移到这里吗 对了 |
[05:32] | There we go. | There we go. 就这样 |
[05:35] | All right, whoa. | 好了 |
[05:36] | Chair. | 还有椅子 |
[05:43] | Okay? | 好了吗 |
[05:44] | Yeah, that one’s a little off. | 好了吗 |
[05:46] | It’s a-askew. | 那个还有一点偏 不太正 |
[05:48] | You know, kind of… | 有点… |
[05:49] | Okay, well, now, that’s too far. You went too… | 好的 |
[05:51] | Monk! | 现在又有点太过了 你该… |
[05:53] | That’s the way it was. | 就是这么摆的 |
[05:55] | Yeah, almost. | 基本上 |
[05:58] | So what did you find at her house? | 你到底在她家找到了什么 |
[06:00] | Over here. | 在这里 |
[06:05] | Voodoo doll. | 巫毒玩偶 |
[06:06] | Yeah, we’ve already traced it from a store in the Haight… | 我们追踪到它来自Haight的一个商店 |
[06:08] | Reverend Jorgensen’s Voodoo Boutique. | Jorgensen教士的巫毒品小店 |
[06:10] | Just sent Fenderman and Kramer up there to take a look. | 派Fenderman和Kramer去那调查过 |
[06:13] | It was postmarked last Tuesday in Nob Hill. | 邮戳是上周二从Nob Hill寄出 |
[06:16] | Checked with post office. | 向邮局调查过 |
[06:18] | The postmark is 100% legit. | 邮戳绝对没问题 |
[06:20] | So here’s what we have. | 现在的情况就是这样 |
[06:22] | The doll was mailed three days before she died. | 她死前三天 这个玩偶就已寄出 |
[06:26] | And I’m looking at it, but it’s just not possible. | 我怎么看都觉得不可能 |
[06:37] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[06:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:56] | I’m sorry. Something about voodoo? | 抱歉 你说巫毒教怎么了 |
[07:15] | – She was exercising? – Yes, sir. | – 她当时在锻炼? – 是的 |
[07:17] | Power walker, came by every afternoon. | 每天下午都健走 |
[07:20] | At the same time? | – 同一时间? |
[07:22] | Varied… 3:30, 4:00. | – 不一定 一般是3点半到4点 |
[07:24] | So she was walking along here. | 这么说来 她是一个人在这里健走 |
[07:26] | The ball came over the fence. | 球从墙里飞出来 |
[07:29] | Are there a lot of balls hit over this wall? | 经常有球从墙里飞出来吗 |
[07:31] | Not really. Every now and then, maybe. | 那倒没有 偶尔吧 |
[07:34] | It was a hell of a hit, actually. | 实际上 那是非同寻常的一次击球 |
[07:36] | I mean, too bad about Mrs. Murphy, | 对Murphy太太很糟糕 |
[07:38] | but Petey really got all of it, | 但是Petey好不容易才击出这一球 |
[07:39] | ’cause you kept your eye on the ball. | 因为你眼睛盯着球 |
[07:40] | You listened to me, waited for your pitch. | 听从我的话 等待那一刻 |
[07:42] | It was a beautiful hit. | 真是美妙的一击 |
[07:44] | I mean, until the, uh, you know. | 我是说 直到… 你知道的 |
[07:47] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:50] | – Hi, Petey. – Hey. | – 嗨 Petey – 嗨 |
[07:53] | Did you know, Mrs. Murphy? | 你认识Murphy太太吗 |
[07:55] | No, sir. | 不认识 |
[07:57] | Am I going to jail? | 我会坐牢吗 |
[07:59] | Probably not. | 应该不会 |
[08:05] | So what do you think? Act of God, right? | 你怎么看 不可抗力 是吗 |
[08:08] | Yeah, so how do you explain the doll? | 那你怎么解释那个玩偶 |
[08:11] | Well, I-I can’t explain it yet. | 我还不能解释 |
[08:13] | Well, you want me to start rounding up witch doctors? | 你要我逮捕那些巫医吗 |
[08:15] | Yeah. | 是 |
[08:17] | That’d probably make a hell of a lineup, though. | 那人可不少啊 |
[08:19] | You know, it’s not funny. I used to laugh about it too. | 这不好笑 我也曾嘲笑这些东西 |
[08:22] | About what? | 嘲笑什么 |
[08:24] | Voodoo, black magic. | 巫毒教 巫术 |
[08:26] | Wait, you can’t actually believe in that stuff. | 你不是真的相信那一套吧 |
[08:30] | Somebody predicted that poor woman | 有人三天前就预测 |
[08:31] | would get hit by a baseball three days before it happened. | 这个老妇人会被棒球击中 |
[08:34] | How would you explain it? | – 这个你怎么解释 |
[08:35] | Well… | – 这个… |
[08:36] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[08:38] | Maybe… | – 或许… – 等等 我知道了 |
[08:39] | Well, wait, I got it. | – 或许… – 等等 我知道了 |
[08:41] | Well… Well, she walked by here every day, right? | – 她每天都从这里走过? |
[08:43] | Yeah. | – 是 |
[08:44] | So maybe the killer was waiting back here | 可能是凶手拿着一把棒球枪 |
[08:46] | behind this tree with a baseball gun. | 等在树后面 |
[08:48] | A baseball gun? There’s no such thing. | 棒球枪? 没这种东西 |
[08:51] | Yeah, but there are pitching machines. | – 但是有发球机 – 对啊 |
[08:52] | – Yeah. – Okay. | 那么你的棒球枪杀手 |
[08:53] | So how would your baseball-gun killer… | 那么你的棒球枪杀手 |
[08:56] | Oh, that’s a good name for him, by the way. | 这个名字起的好 |
[08:58] | How would he know someone would hit a home run | 他又怎么会知道 |
[09:00] | at exactly that moment? | 那一刻有人会击出全垒打? |
[09:01] | And… And what happened to the other baseball? | 其他的棒球又去了哪里 |
[09:04] | Yeah, the baseball. | 对啊 棒球 |
[09:06] | It’s voodoo. It’s real, and it kills people. | 是巫毒 确有其事 是它杀的人 |
[09:10] | Okay, how about this? | 那这个怎么样 她买了不含自杀在内的保险单 |
[09:11] | She had an insurance policy with a no-suicide clause. | 那这个怎么样 她买了不含自杀在内的保险单 |
[09:14] | So she had to make it look like an accident. | 所以她必须让这一切看起来像是场意外 |
[09:16] | She came here, she waited for a home run to be hit. | 她来到这里 等到场里打出了一个全垒打 |
[09:18] | She grabs the ball and cracks her own cranium with it. | 她抓起球 用它砸碎自己的头盖骨 |
[09:22] | With a baseball? She fractured her cranium? | 用棒球? 砸碎自己的头盖骨? |
[09:26] | Y-Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:27] | Was she that strong? | 她武功那么高吗 |
[09:33] | – She exercised. | – She exercised. – 她练过嘛 – 她练过 |
[09:35] | I think voodoo’s looking better and better. | 我觉得还是巫毒教的解释好一点 |
[09:37] | Okay, let’s be rational here. We live in the real world. | 让我们理智一点 我们活在现实世界 |
[09:41] | It is governed by science, | 受科学 |
[09:43] | physics, laws of nature. | 物理 自然法则的统治 |
[09:45] | There is always, always a non-voodoo explanation | 凡事总有一种… |
[09:50] | for everything. | 非巫毒教的解释 |
[09:51] | Except voodoo. | 除了巫毒教本身 |
[09:53] | Disher. | |
[09:54] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[09:56] | Did some gypsy put a curse on you when you were a child? | 我不明白 你小时候是不是被吉普赛人下了诅咒? |
[09:59] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[10:00] | We’ll be right there. | 我们马上到 |
[10:02] | Randy, what is it? | Randy 怎么了 |
[10:04] | It’s another doll. | 又出现了一个玩偶 一次闪电引发的血案 |
[10:09] | – Hey. – Hi, lieutenant. | – 嘿 – 嘿 中尉 |
[10:11] | Is this a crime scene? | – 这是犯罪现场吗 |
[10:12] | I don’t know. I think so. | – 不清楚 我想是吧 |
[10:14] | I don’t know what the hell it is. | 我不知道到底是怎么回事 |
[10:15] | Ed, just tell him what you told me. | Ed 把你跟我说的告诉他 |
[10:17] | Okay, remember this a couple days ago? | 好的 记得这个吗 几天以前 |
[10:19] | There was thunder and lightning. The guy kept golfing. | 雷电交加 这家伙在打高尔夫 |
[10:22] | Remember you said what a jerk the guy was, | 你说过这人性情古怪 |
[10:24] | how he single-handedly proved Darwin’s theory? | 他是怎么样单枪匹马证明进化论的 |
[10:26] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[10:27] | Well, the guy’s name is Ralph Farris, okay? | 怎么了 这家伙叫Ralph |
[10:29] | This is his place. | Farris 这是他的家 |
[10:30] | He doesn’t have any family, right? | 他没有家人 |
[10:32] | So this morning, the super comes in | 所以今早管理员进来收拾东西时… |
[10:34] | to start packing up and… | |
[10:35] | And what? | 怎么了 |
[10:37] | And this. | 发现了这个 |
[10:42] | Postmarked a week ago, Nob Hill. | 邮戳是一周之前的 来自Nob Hill |
[10:49] | Well, go ahead and open it. | 打开它 |
[10:51] | No, you can open it, sir. | 你来打开 |
[10:53] | I’ll open it. | 我来打开吧 |
[10:58] | Although, technically, I am just a consultant. | 严格说来 我只是个顾问 |
[11:04] | Sergeant, you’re not helping. | – 警官 别添乱了 |
[11:06] | Yes, sir. | – 是 长官 |
[11:08] | I’ll open it. | 我来就我来 |
[11:18] | It’s another doll, isn’t it? | 是另一个玩偶 是不是 |
[11:23] | And there’s a lightning bolt coming out of its head? | 而且头被闪电击中? |
[11:25] | No, it’s his neck. | 不 是他的脖子 |
[11:32] | No, you’re right. It’s his head. | 你是对的 是在头上 |
[11:34] | Now do you believe me? | 现在你们相信我了吧 |
[11:59] | Hi! | |
[12:00] | Hey, whoa, whoa. What… What… What time is it? | – 嘿 – |
[12:02] | It’s not 8:00, is it? | 嗨 现在是什么时间 还不到8点呢 |
[12:03] | I have a surprise, a good surprise. | 有惊喜给你 |
[12:06] | It’s a good thing. We’re going away. We’re going on vacation. | 绝对是好事 我们要出门度假 |
[12:08] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[12:10] | Monk Mr. Monk, you’ve been working too hard. | |
[12:12] | You need a break. I already made a reservation. | 你工作太辛苦了 需要休息 |
[12:14] | It’s a five-star resort in Santa Barbara. | 我已经预订了 Santa Barbara的五星级度假胜地 |
[12:16] | Five stars means immaculate. | 五星意思是完美无瑕 |
[12:18] | Oh, here’s the brochure. | 这是旅游手册 |
[12:21] | We don’t have to fly. It’s right down the coast. | 我们不用坐飞机 就在海边 |
[12:23] | And get this… your room is on the tenth floor. | 还有… 你的房间在10楼 |
[12:26] | Room 1010, how about that? | 1010房间 怎么样 |
[12:27] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. We talked about this. | 等一下 我们谈过这个的 |
[12:30] | I don’t really do vacations. | 我其实不用休假的 |
[12:31] | Did I mention it’s my treat? It won’t cost you a nickel. | 由我来招待 |
[12:34] | Room 1010, huh? | 不花你一分钱 |
[12:36] | What about Julie? | 1010房间? Julie怎么办 |
[12:37] | Julie’s still on the internship in Washington. | Julie还在华盛顿实习呢 |
[12:39] | So… | |
[12:40] | it’s just you and me, boss! | 就你跟我 |
[12:42] | You ready? Here we go! | 老大 |
[12:44] | Wait a second. Now, you mean? | 好了吗 准备出发 等一下 你是说现在就出发? |
[12:45] | Right… Right now? | 等一下 你是说现在就出发? |
[12:47] | Yeah, that’s the fun of it. | 是啊 这样多好玩 |
[12:48] | We just get up and go. We’re fancy-free! | 说走就走 无拘无束 |
[12:50] | – We’re fancy-free? – Yeah. | – 无拘无束? – 是啊 |
[12:52] | Is that what you just said? | 你是这么说的吗 |
[12:53] | How can I leave? | 你是这么说的吗 我怎么能离开 我还要破巫毒教的案子 |
[12:54] | I’m still working on the voodoo thing. | 我怎么能离开 我还要破巫毒教的案子 |
[12:56] | Mr. Monk, they won’t even miss you. They’ll be fine. | Monk 他们甚至不会想念你 他们能搞定 |
[12:58] | Well, I-I have to call the captain and… | 我得给上尉打个电话 |
[13:00] | No, no, no, no. I’ll call the captain. | 不 我来给上尉打电话 |
[13:02] | Um, I’ll do that. You just get your coat. | 我来打 |
[13:04] | Okay? | 你去拿你的外套 |
[13:09] | Captain Stottlemeyer, please. | 请找Stottlemeyer上尉 |
[13:11] | Hi, it’s Natalie. | 嗨 我是Natalie |
[13:13] | I’m taking Mr. Monk out of town for a couple of days. | 嗨 我是Natalie |
[13:16] | Yeah, I agree. He needs a break. | 我打算带Monk先生出城度几天假 我同意 他需要休息 |
[13:18] | So don’t even bother calling. | 所以别打电话烦我们哦 |
[13:21] | Get the coat. | 拿上外套 |
[13:25] | I will, I will, as soon as we get back. | 我会的 只要我们一回来 |
[13:29] | Okay. All right, bye. | 好的 |
[13:33] | He wants us to take a lot of pictures. | 再见 – |
[13:35] | That phone’s unplugged. | 他要我们多拍些照片 |
[13:37] | Pardon me? | – 没插电话线 |
[13:38] | It’s not plugged in. There’s the cord. | 你说什么 |
[13:41] | Are you calling me a liar? | 没插电话线 |
[13:44] | It’s not plugged in. | 接头在那里 你是说我在撒谎? |
[13:45] | So you’re calling me a liar? | – 没插电话线 – 你是说我在撒谎? |
[13:47] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[13:49] | It’s not plugged in. | 没插电话线 |
[14:01] | Natalie | Natalie, what is going on? |
[14:03] | Are you in trouble? | 怎么了 你有麻烦吗 |
[14:04] | It’s this case, Mr. Monk. I hate this case. | 是这个案子 Monk先生 我讨厌这个案子 |
[14:08] | What, th… th… Two voodoo dolls. | 为什么 两个巫毒玩偶而已 |
[14:11] | Three. | 三个 |
[14:13] | The captain called an hour ago. | 上尉一小时前打过电话 |
[14:17] | Excuse me? | 打扰了? |
[14:18] | Are you in charge? | 打扰了? |
[14:20] | – Yes, ma’am. – We both are. | – 你是负责人吗 – |
[14:22] | Mostly him. | 是的 女士 我俩都是 主要是他 |
[14:25] | It wasn’t his heart. | 他的死因不是心脏病 |
[14:28] | It was that doll. | 是那个玩偶 |
[14:30] | That voodoo doll killed him. | 是那个巫毒玩偶杀了他 |
[14:32] | Yes. Miss… | 您是… |
[14:34] | Um, Dilworth, Angeline Dilworth. | 他是我叔父 |
[14:36] | He was my uncle. | |
[14:37] | Ms. Dilworth, um, | Dilworth女士 |
[14:39] | I need you to take a deep breath, okay? | 我要你先做个深呼吸 |
[14:42] | Can you do that for me? | |
[14:43] | Yeah. | 你能做到吗 |
[14:59] | Are you okay? | 好的 |
[15:01] | Mr. Monk, I’m gonna wait out here. | – 你还好吗 – Monk先生 我就在外面等 |
[15:02] | Uh, Natalie, you’re being ridiculous. | Natalie 你这样很可笑 |
[15:05] | Mr. Monk, I can’t go in. I’m sorry. | Monk先生 我不能进去 抱歉 |
[15:07] | Yeah, I hate to mention this, but it is technically your job. | 我讨厌这样说 |
[15:11] | Then fire me. | 但这是你的工作 |
[15:12] | I’m not going to fire you. | – 那就炒了我 – 我不会解雇你 |
[15:15] | Just don’t go anywhere. You’re my ride home. | 你哪儿都别去 |
[15:17] | I hate this case. | 一会还要送我回家 |
[15:19] | Yes, you’ve made that clear. You hate this case. | – 我讨厌这案子 |
[15:23] | I was upstairs. | – 你已经说过了 你讨厌这个案子 |
[15:25] | I heard him scream. I came back down. | 我在楼上 我听到他在喊叫 |
[15:27] | I guess he had opened the mail, and… | 我下楼来 我猜他打开了邮包 |
[15:30] | He just collapsed. I… | 他就这样倒地 我… |
[15:32] | I’m an E.R. nurse. I tried everything. | 我是急救室的护士 我什么都试过了 |
[15:34] | I did cardiocerebral resuscitation. | 各种基本抢救方法 |
[15:37] | And I just… It was too late, and… | 就是不能… |
[15:40] | He was just gone. | 可是太晚了 |
[15:43] | Well, we found these on the kitchen counter… nitroglycerine. | 他就这么走了 我们在厨房的柜子上发现了硝酸甘油 |
[15:46] | Yeah, he had a bad heart. | 是 他的心脏不好 |
[15:48] | He’d been sick for a long time. | 他病了有一段时间了 |
[15:50] | That’s why I moved back… to help. | 所以我搬回来照顾他 |
[15:53] | I was the only family he had. | 我是他唯一的亲人了 |
[15:55] | Captain, we’re all done here. | 上尉 |
[15:58] | Can I take him? | 我们都做完了 |
[15:59] | Uh, no. | 要运走他吗 |
[16:00] | Uh… | 噢 不… |
[16:01] | I want Monk to have a look at him. | 我希望Monk来看一看 |
[16:03] | – Where the hell is he? – I don’t know. | 他到底去哪啦 |
[16:08] | Hey, there you are. | 我不知道 |
[16:10] | Where the hell you been? | 嘿 你在这里 你都去哪里了 |
[16:12] | – I called two hours ago. – It’s Natalie. | – 我两个小时前就打过电话了 – 都怪Natalie |
[16:13] | She… She didn’t even give me the message. | 她没有告诉我这个消息 |
[16:15] | She’s all twisted up about this case. | 她整个人都被这个案子搅乱了 |
[16:18] | She’s outside right now. She won’t come in. | 她这会儿正在外面 |
[16:21] | Now, wait a minute. Let me get my head around this. | 不肯进来 等一等 |
[16:23] | You are the level-headed, brave one now? | 让我理理 这一次你是头脑清醒的勇敢者了? |
[16:25] | She’s shaking her head. | 她在摇头 |
[16:27] | It’s this voodoo stuff. She… She believes it. | 她深信不疑是巫毒教那一套 |
[16:31] | Yeah, I don’t think she’s coming in. | 我想她不会进来了 |
[16:33] | I can’t really blame her. | 这不怪她 |
[16:35] | We’ve all got the heebie-jeebies. | 我们都有神经过敏的时候 |
[16:37] | Say hello to doll number three. | 跟三号玩偶打个招呼吧 – |
[16:40] | – Heart attack. – Yep. | 心脏病 – 是 |
[16:42] | Victim number three, Robert Boyd, 64 years old. | 三号被害人Robert Boyd |
[16:46] | Guy was a big fish. He owned Boyd Teletronics. | 64岁 是个大人物 拥有Boyd电讯 |
[16:48] | You know, the cell phone company? | 那家手机公司? |
[16:50] | So, according his niece, Angeline Dilworth… | 根据他的侄女Angeline |
[16:52] | That’s her right over there… | Dilworth 就是那边那个人 |
[16:54] | He’s had a bad ticker for years. | 他心脏不好已经有好几年了 |
[16:55] | She’s been worried about him, especially this last week. | 她很担心他 尤其是这一周 |
[16:58] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[16:59] | Apparently, he was obsessed with the voodoo killings. | 为什么 他一直很关注巫毒凶杀案 |
[17:01] | He was watching the news, following the case. | 看电视 追踪案情 |
[17:03] | He’s real superstitious. | – 他还真是迷信 – 我明白了 |
[17:05] | Yeah, so I see. | – 他还真是迷信 – 我明白了 |
[17:06] | So he goes to collect the mail, including this box. | 他去取信 其中就有这个邮包 |
[17:09] | Yeah, same as the others… | 跟其他几个一样 邮戳是3天前的 没有寄件人地址 |
[17:10] | postmarked three days ago, no return address. | 跟其他几个一样 邮戳是3天前的 没有寄件人地址 |
[17:13] | He opens the box, sees the doll. | 他打开邮包 看到了玩偶 |
[17:15] | Bob’s your uncle, his heart just stops. | 他的心脏就罢了工 “你叔叔叫Bob”(意为”就这么简单”) |
[17:19] | “Bob’s your uncle”? | “你叔叔叫Bob”? |
[17:21] | That doesn’t sound right. | 这么说也不太对 |
[17:23] | Well, yeah. Well, Bob was her uncle… | 是啊 |
[17:26] | Uncle Robert. | 她叔叔叫Bob… |
[17:28] | Yeah, right, but that doesn’t matter. | Robert叔叔 |
[17:30] | – Excuse me. – It’s a figure of speech. | 是啊 但这无关紧要 – 失陪 – 这是一种修辞 |
[17:31] | – A figure of whose speech? – Well, it’s kind of ironic. | – 什么的修辞? – 有点像是讽刺 |
[17:33] | – I’ve never heard… – His name is Robert… | – 我从来没有听过 – 什么 他的名字是Robert? |
[17:35] | No, I know. No, no, back up a second. | 不 这个我知道 前面那句 我从来没听过”你叔叔叫Bob”这句话 |
[17:36] | I’ve never heard “Bob’s your uncle” before. | 不 这个我知道 前面那句 我从来没听过”你叔叔叫Bob”这句话 |
[17:38] | You’ve never heard “Bob’s your uncle”? | – 你从来没听过? – 没有 |
[17:39] | – Have you been to Australia? – No, I’ve never been to Australia. | – 你去过澳大利亚吗 – 没有 从没去过 |
[17:42] | Bob’s your uncle, mate. | 你叔叔叫Bob 伙计 |
[17:43] | Didgeridoo. | 你叔叔叫Bob 伙计 |
[17:45] | Have you been… Have you been to Australia? | 迪吉里杜管 你有没有去过澳大利亚 |
[17:46] | No. | 没有 |
[17:48] | Did you, like, see a movie, like…? | 没有 你有没有看过一部电影 就像? |
[17:50] | Like, “That’s a knife, mate.” | 就像 |
[17:52] | Is that…? | 这是把刀 伙计 |
[17:55] | Hey, Natalie. | 嘿 |
[18:04] | Natalie Is… Is there a problem? | |
[18:06] | Um, it’s upside down. | 有什么问题吗 |
[18:08] | What is? | 这个挂反了 |
[18:10] | The horseshoe. | – 这是什么 – 马蹄铁 |
[18:12] | It’s supposed to point up, | 应该是朝上的 |
[18:13] | so the good luck stays in the shoe. | 这样才能留住好运气 |
[18:16] | He was a superstitious guy. | 他这么迷信 |
[18:18] | I’m surprised he didn’t know that. | 怎么会不知道 |
[18:20] | Maybe that’s why it didn’t work. | 或许这样才没有带来好运 |
[18:23] | Uh, we haven’t met. I’m Adrian Monk. | 我们还没有见过 |
[18:25] | Monk. | 我是Adrian Monk |
[18:26] | I’ve heard of you. You’re that famous detective. | 我听说过 你是大侦探 |
[18:30] | I’m Angeline Dilworth. | 我是Angeline Dilworth |
[18:32] | Right, I understand you were here alone when it happened. | 我知道出事的时候你一个人在现场 |
[18:34] | That’s right. | – 是的 – 你叔叔认识其他受害人吗 |
[18:35] | Did your uncle know the other victims? | – 是的 – 你叔叔认识其他受害人吗 |
[18:37] | Martha Murphy | Martha Murphy or Ralph Farris? |
[18:40] | – No. – Nah. | 或是Ralph Farris |
[18:42] | Monk, Natalie just called from the driveway. | – 没有 – |
[18:45] | – She wants to go home. – Now? | 没有 Monk Natalie刚从车道上打电话给你 她想回家 |
[18:47] | Yep, she’s in pretty bad shape, I can tell. | 现在? 是 她状态很差 |
[18:50] | You’d better take care of her. | 你该好好照顾她 |
[18:51] | What can I do? | 你该好好照顾她 |
[18:53] | Well, you’ve seen normal people, | 我能做什么 |
[18:55] | sensitive people, taking care of each other. | 正常的人和敏感的人 彼此互相关心 |
[18:57] | Do what they do. | 照做就是了 一会打给你 |
[18:58] | Call you later. | 照做就是了 |
[19:02] | Um… | 一会打给你 |
[19:07] | I’m sorry about your uncle. | 对你叔叔的事我很遗憾 |
[19:22] | Whoa, look at this place. | |
[19:23] | It’s like Halloween the year round. | 瞧瞧这地方 |
[19:29] | Lucky bath crystals. | 一年四季都是万圣节 – |
[19:31] | Incense powder. | 好运沐浴水晶 |
[19:34] | Money powder. | – 香粉 |
[19:36] | It’s guaranteed to cure all financial woes. | 金钱粉 保证消除所有的财务危机 |
[19:39] | – Well, you should buy it. – Can’t afford it. | – 你该买一个 |
[19:53] | Cupid’s arrow. | – 我买不起 |
[19:56] | It’s a love potion. | 丘比特之箭 是一种春药 |
[20:10] | What? | 怎么了 |
[20:11] | It’s not working. | 怎么了 不管用 |
[20:13] | Good. | 不管用 |
[20:19] | Are these the same voodoo dolls from the news? | 好 这和新闻里的巫毒玩偶一样吗 |
[20:22] | Be very careful with that. | 对它要格外小心 |
[20:24] | That’s a very powerful instrument. | 它可威力巨大 |
[20:26] | Don’t tell him your real name. | – 别给他你的真名 – 为什么 |
[20:28] | – Why not? – Just to be safe. | – 别给他你的真名 – 为什么 为了安全起见 |
[20:31] | – The dolls. – Right. | – 有玩偶 |
[20:33] | Reverend Jorgensen. | – 好的 |
[20:35] | My name is Leland Stottlemeyer. | Jorgensen教士 – 我是Leland Stottlemeyer – 我也叫这名 呃… |
[20:37] | So is mine. Uh, we’d like to ask you | – 我是Leland Stottlemeyer – 我也叫这名 呃… |
[20:39] | a couple of questions about your merchandise. | 关于你出售的商品 我们想问你几个问题 |
[20:41] | Uh, we’re gonna be a while here. | 我们可能要耽误一段时间 |
[20:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[20:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[20:45] | I’ve been talking to you guys all week, | 我都跟你的人说了一周了 |
[20:47] | and I’m all talked out. | 知道的都说了 |
[20:49] | Well, that’s unfortunate, | 真不幸 因为昨天又出事了 |
[20:50] | because there was another incident, yesterday. | 真不幸 因为昨天又出事了 |
[20:53] | Did you, uh, sell this doll? | 这个玩偶是你卖出去的吗 |
[20:55] | Probably. | |
[20:57] | Looks like mine. | 有可能 看着像 |
[20:58] | Well, you’re three for three, | 那你三个案子都有嫌疑 全部三个玩偶都来自你的店 |
[21:00] | because all three dolls came from your shop. | 那你三个案子都有嫌疑 |
[21:02] | Give me a break. | 全部三个玩偶都来自你的店 |
[21:03] | I can’t be responsible for how my dolls are used. | 放过我吧 这些玩偶用来做什么我可不负责 |
[21:06] | Did, uh… Did you take out this advertisement? | 你登过这个广告吗 |
[21:08] | What if I did? It’s no big deal. | 登了又怎么样 有什么大不了的 |
[21:11] | Could be a motive. | 可以构成动机 |
[21:12] | – A motive? – Publicity. | 可以构成动机 – 动机? – 为了出名 |
[21:14] | Seem to be pretty busy here. | 看来这里生意很好 |
[21:15] | You think I killed all those people for publicity? | 看来这里生意很好 |
[21:19] | How? | 你觉得我为了出名 就杀了那些人? |
[21:20] | How did I do that? | 怎么做的 |
[21:22] | We don’t know. We don’t know yet. | 我是怎么做的 我们不知道 暂时还不知道 |
[21:24] | Are we done here? | 你们问完了吗 |
[21:26] | Um, yeah, we’re done. | 是的 |
[21:29] | If, uh, you think of anything else, | 问完了 |
[21:31] | please, um, don’t hesitate to call me or call Lieutenant… | 如果你想起来了什么 |
[21:34] | Stottlemeyer, Leland Stottlemeyer. | 别怕麻烦 打给我或是中尉… |
[21:40] | Natalie, it’s me. | Natalie 是我 |
[21:44] | Natalie. | 喂? |
[21:46] | Hello? | |
[21:49] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:53] | Feeling better? | 好点没有? |
[21:55] | Great, listen… | 好 听着… |
[21:56] | I have a favor to ask. | 好 听着… 我得问问你 |
[21:58] | I, uh… I don’t know what’s going on with you | 我不知道你怎么了 |
[22:00] | and all this voodoo stuff, but here’s the thing. | 还有巫毒教之类的 |
[22:02] | You cannot be the unstable one. | 但是是这样 你可不能出问题 |
[22:04] | I cannot take care of you, Natalie. | 我照顾不了你 Natalie |
[22:06] | This morning I spent six hours organizing my cereal boxes. | 今天早上我花了6个小时 整理我的麦片盒子 |
[22:11] | I have to be honest. I cannot function like this. | 老实说 |
[22:13] | Do you understand? | 我不能这样工作 |
[22:17] | Natalie? | 你明白吗 |
[22:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[22:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:54] | I got it. | 我知道了 |
[22:56] | They’ll be here in five minutes. | 他们五分钟内就到 |
[22:59] | Was there anything else in the box? | 邮包里还有别的东西吗 |
[23:01] | Natalie, when did it arrive? | Natalie 什么时候收到的 |
[23:06] | The postmark says Pacific Heights. | 邮戳来自Pacific Heights |
[23:09] | Do you know anybody in Pacific Heights? | 你认识谁住在那儿吗 |
[23:11] | No. | 不认识 |
[23:14] | They misspelled your name. | 他们把你的名字拼错了 |
[23:16] | T-E-A-G-E-R. Who spells your name like that? | 谁这么拼你的名字 |
[23:19] | The devil. | – 魔鬼 |
[23:20] | Excuse me? | – 你说什么 |
[23:22] | The head’s been cut off. | 头被切断了 |
[23:25] | That’s what it means. I’m… I’m gonna be decapitated. | 这就是它的含义 我会被斩首的 |
[23:28] | No, uh… It doesn’t mean anything. | 不 这说明不了任何事 |
[23:31] | I mean, it could’ve broken off | 可能是在路上被弄坏的 |
[23:34] | in shipping, right? | 是吗 |
[23:37] | Oh, no. You’re right. | 不 你是对的 |
[23:39] | It has been cut with some kind of scalpel. | 是被手术刀一类的东西切断的 |
[23:41] | What’s gonna happen to Julie? | Julie怎么办 |
[23:45] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[23:46] | Look at me. | 嘿… 看着我 |
[23:49] | Natalie, look at me. | Natalie 看着我 |
[23:50] | All right, this is me talking. Nothing is going to happen. | 好了 听我说 什么都不会发生的 |
[23:54] | I don’t know what’s going on here, | 我不知道这里发生了什么 |
[23:56] | but it isn’t hoodoo, | 但既不是中邪 |
[23:58] | and it isn’t voodoo. | 也不是巫毒 |
[24:00] | Someone… | 是有人要恐吓你 |
[24:01] | is just trying to scare you. | |
[24:04] | Voodoo isn’t real. | 巫毒不是真的 |
[24:06] | Okay, it’s a fairy tale. | 只是传说 |
[24:07] | You’ve been asking me all week… | 你这一周一直在问我 |
[24:09] | How can I believe in this stuff? | 我为什么会相信这个 |
[24:13] | When Mitch first started his tour, | 当Mitch第一次外出执行任务时 |
[24:15] | I lived in South Carolina. | 我住在南卡罗莱纳 |
[24:17] | We had a little apartment off base. | 我们在基地外有间公寓 |
[24:20] | There was this woman who lived down the hall, | 有个住在我们楼下的女人 |
[24:22] | Ms. Ayida. | Ayida夫人 |
[24:23] | She claimed to be a voodoo priestess. | 她自称是巫毒教女祭司 |
[24:26] | She said that Mitch was in danger. | 她说Mitch有危险 |
[24:29] | She told me to warn him. | 要我去警告他 |
[24:31] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没有说 |
[24:32] | I didn’t warn him. | 没有示警 |
[24:34] | I… | 我… |
[24:36] | I guess I didn’t take it seriously. | 我并没有当真 |
[24:40] | The next day he was shot down. | 第二天他就被击中了 |
[24:43] | And you blame yourself? | 你把这个怪罪于你? |
[24:46] | It’s not a fairy tale, Mr. Monk. | 这不是传说 |
[24:50] | Natalie? | Monk先生 |
[24:53] | We got your call. | 我们接到你的电话了 |
[25:48] | Hey, good morning. How’d you sleep? | 早上好 睡的好吗 |
[25:51] | I didn’t. | 我没有睡 |
[25:53] | Do you know anything about ceiling fans? | 关于吊扇你懂多少 |
[25:55] | – Like what? – Do they ever come off? | – 哪方面 – 它们会不会掉下来? |
[25:58] | There’s one in my bedroom. | 我卧室里有一个 |
[25:59] | I swear it was whispering my name all night. | 它整夜都在低吟我的名字 |
[26:02] | Try the couch. | – 试试睡沙发 – 没用 再也睡不着了 |
[26:03] | It doesn’t matter. I’m never sleeping again. | – 试试睡沙发 – 没用 再也睡不着了 |
[26:05] | Where’s Mr. Monk? | – Monk去哪了 |
[26:06] | He’s down at the station with the captain. | – 他跟上尉去了局里 |
[26:08] | Hey, we’ve got 40 guys on the case, Nat. | 嘿 我们有40个人处理这个案子呢 |
[26:12] | What are you looking for? | – 你在找什么 |
[26:13] | – A knife. – I threw them out. | – 刀 我都扔出去了 |
[26:15] | The blender, too, and the hedge clippers. | 还有搅拌器和树篱夹剪 |
[26:19] | Got it. | 好了 |
[26:24] | Listen, everything’s gonna be fine. | 一切都会好的 |
[26:26] | We’re gonna put you in a safe house this afternoon, okay? | 我们今天下午就把你送到安全的地方 |
[26:29] | Randy | Randy, I’m not leaving. |
[26:30] | I’m never leaving this house again. | 我不走 我不会离开这个房子的 |
[26:32] | Look, you’re gonna have armed guards. | 你需要武装警卫 |
[26:33] | It’s already been scheduled, Natalie. | 都已经安排好了 |
[26:37] | Natalie Randy… | |
[26:40] | The cookie. | 饼干 |
[26:46] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[26:48] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 我该让整个第六舰队保护我 |
[26:50] | I could have the whole sixth fleet guarding me. | 没关系 我该让整个第六舰队保护我 |
[26:52] | Natalie, it’s just a doll. | Natalie 仅仅是个玩偶 |
[26:53] | You really don’t believe in it? | 你并不相信 是吗 |
[26:55] | Witchcraft, voodoo? | 巫术 巫毒教? |
[26:58] | I’m a pisces. We’re not superstitious. | 我是双鱼座 我可不迷信 |
[27:01] | Where’s your milk? | 牛奶在哪 |
[27:05] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[27:06] | Uh, no toque la muñeca, you understand me? | 别碰那个玩偶 你明白我的意思吗 |
[27:09] | Do not touch la muñeca, | 别碰那个玩偶 |
[27:11] | Don’t touch anything, okay? | 什么都不要碰 好吗 |
[27:13] | Yeah, we’ll have an officer there in 20 minutes. | 是 警员20分钟内赶来 |
[27:16] | I told the mayor not to go public. | 我告诉市长不要公之于众 |
[27:18] | Now we got 50 copycats out there. | 现在外面有50个盲目的模仿者 |
[27:20] | Half the town is getting voodoo dolls in the mail, | 城里一半人都收到了巫毒玩偶 |
[27:22] | and all of them want a squad car in their driveway. | 这些人都想要警察巡逻车赶去 |
[27:25] | But these are the four, the only four that count. | 但是这四个 |
[27:30] | The same wrapping paper, | 是真正算数的 一样的包装纸 |
[27:32] | the same handwriting, it’s strange. | 一样的笔迹 这很奇怪 |
[27:35] | He doesn’t write the address on the box. | 他并没有在邮包上写地址 |
[27:37] | He uses these labels. | 而是用了这些标签 |
[27:39] | What does that tell us? | 这说明什么 |
[27:42] | I don’t know. I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不知道 不知道 |
[27:45] | It’s the damndest thing, right? | 这很要命 是吧 |
[27:48] | What about the victims? Is there any connection? | 那受害者呢 有没有什么联系 |
[27:50] | No. No. | 没有 |
[27:51] | The FBI’s been running their names all day. | FBI查他们的名字一整天了 |
[27:53] | There’s no connection. | 没有联系 |
[27:54] | And, oh, here’s some more bad news. | 还有更坏的消息 |
[27:55] | Our number-one suspect, our only suspect, | 我们的头号嫌犯 也是唯一的嫌犯 |
[27:58] | is not gonna fly. | 证明是清白的 |
[28:00] | Huh, the guy who was selling all the dolls. | 那个出售全部玩偶的家伙 |
[28:03] | Reverend Jorgensen. | Jorgensen教士 |
[28:04] | He’s got an alibi for all three victims. | 三个案子都有不在场证明 |
[28:07] | And now Natalie. | 现在轮到Natalie |
[28:08] | Now Natalie. | |
[28:11] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[28:12] | Ah, she’s scared to death. | 她怕的要死 |
[28:15] | I just talked to Randy. | 我刚和Randy谈过 |
[28:16] | She hasn’t gotten off the couch all day. | 她整天蜷缩在沙发上不离开 |
[28:18] | Now he says she’s wearing | 现在她正把塑料狗项圈套在脖子上 |
[28:20] | one of those plastic dog funnels around her neck. | |
[28:23] | Well, that can’t be good. | 这样可不好 |
[28:25] | Oh, we… we have got to do something. | 我们得做些事 |
[28:28] | She’s going to completely unravel. | 得让她彻底从这件事里摆脱出来 |
[28:30] | It would take me forever to replace her. | 我永远也找不到人来代替她的 |
[28:36] | But… of course, that’s not the most important thing. | 当然 这不是最重要的 |
[28:40] | This isn’t about me. | 这不光是为了我 |
[28:42] | Monk You know, Monk, | |
[28:43] | if she really does take this crap seriously, | 要是她真的把这个看的很重的话 |
[28:45] | there is something we can do. | 我们可以做点事的 |
[29:10] | Don’t answer it. Don’t answer it! | 别开门 别开门 |
[29:11] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[29:13] | I know who it is. | 我知道是谁 |
[29:16] | It’s o… | 没事 |
[29:30] | Thank you for coming. | 请进 |
[29:33] | Right… Right this way. | |
[29:38] | Natalie… | |
[29:41] | This is Hadley Jorgensen. | 这是Hadley Jorgensen |
[29:44] | Reverend Jorgensen. | Jorgensen教士 |
[29:48] | Hello, Natalie. | 嗨 Natalie |
[29:50] | Captain Stottlemeyer told me you had a problem. | Stottlemeyer上尉告诉我你遇到了问题 |
[29:54] | He thought I could help. | 他认为我帮得上忙 |
[29:57] | Help? | 帮忙 |
[29:59] | How? | 怎么帮 |
[30:00] | Sister, you have been cursed. | 姐妹 你被诅咒了 |
[30:03] | And without getting too technical, | 我来是给你解除诅咒的 |
[30:05] | I’m here to un-curse you. | 并不很困难 |
[30:07] | Mr. Monk is going to help. | Monk先生会帮把手 |
[30:10] | I am? | 我? |
[30:12] | I’ve taken the liberty | 我根据照片 |
[30:14] | of making a replica of the dolls, | |
[30:16] | working from photos. | 擅自复制了一个玩偶 |
[30:20] | Does this look about right? | 这个看起来还行吧 天哪 |
[30:31] | How do you know this will work? | 你怎么知道这个管用 |
[30:33] | Sister, I guarantee it. | 姐妹 我可以保证 |
[30:36] | You shall be cleansed. | 你的诅咒会被解除的 |
[31:10] | Can’t you just fast forward and get to the end? | 你就不能直接跳到最后吗 |
[31:13] | No. | 不能 |
[31:25] | Uh… | |
[31:26] | What… What is that? | 这是什么 |
[31:28] | It’s an herb. | 这是种药草 |
[31:30] | It’s called asafetida. Mm-hmm. | 叫阿魏胶 |
[31:33] | Also known as devil’s dung. | 也叫做魔鬼的粪便 |
[31:42] | Okay, I think we’re done here. | 好了 我想我们这里结束了 谢谢你专程赶来 |
[31:43] | Thank you very much for coming, though. | 不 |
[31:45] | No, no, no, Mr. Monk, please let him finish. | Monk先生 让他做完 |
[31:47] | Yes, it’s almost ready. | 是啊 就快好了 |
[31:48] | Wha… What is it? | 这是什么 |
[31:49] | It’s my own original recipe. | 这是我的独家秘方 |
[31:52] | Mr. Monk, if you would be so kind | Monk先生 |
[31:55] | as to reattach its head. | 你能否重新粘上它的头 |
[31:56] | – Mm-hmm. Uh… – Here’s some adhesive. Mm. | 这里有粘合剂 |
[32:04] | Some witchgrass, | 加一些黍 |
[32:09] | some coltsfoot. | 款冬 |
[32:13] | Ah. | |
[32:14] | Mandrake root. | 曼陀罗花 |
[32:21] | Smidgen more. | 稍微多点 |
[32:26] | All I need now is the doll. | – 我需要这个玩偶 |
[32:28] | Okay, one second. | – 好的 等一下 |
[32:30] | It doesn’t have to be perfect. | – 不用那么完美的 |
[32:32] | Almost done. | – 就快好了 |
[32:34] | It’s symbolic, really. | 它只是种象征 |
[32:36] | There we go. | 开始 |
[32:41] | The forces of darkness are gathering. | 黑暗的力量在聚集 |
[32:44] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[32:50] | It doesn’t have to be perfect! | 不用那么完美 |
[32:55] | – Ah. – Wait a second. | 就一下 |
[32:57] | It doesn’t have to be perfect. | – 不用那么完美的 |
[32:59] | One second, almost done. | – 就一下 马上就好 |
[33:01] | Doesn’t… | 不用… |
[33:04] | Wait one sec… | – 稍等 – |
[33:06] | Mr. Monk, please, just let him finish! | Monk先生 拜托 让他完成 |
[33:07] | Hold on. | – 稍等 |
[33:09] | She’s suffering, Mr. Monk! | – 她在受苦 Monk先生 |
[33:11] | It doesn’t have to be… Okay, that’s close enough. | 不用那么… 好了 就好了 |
[33:18] | The potion is ready. | 药剂已经配好 |
[33:20] | Potion’s ready. | 药剂已经配好 |
[33:29] | Cleanse this body. | 洗净她的身体 |
[33:33] | Release its soul. | 释放她的灵魂 |
[33:37] | Expel its darkness. | 驱走其中的黑暗 |
[33:41] | Make her whole. | 让她完整 |
[33:46] | – What did you do? – What? | 你刚干什么了 |
[33:48] | – Did you drink that? – Yeah, you said it was ready. | – 什么 – 你喝了吗 |
[33:51] | You’re supposed to rub it on your neck! | – 是的 你说准备好了 – 你应该把它涂抹在脖子上 |
[33:53] | What, are you mental? | 你疯了吗 |
[33:54] | What do we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[33:56] | – What do we do? – What? 911. 911! | 怎么办 911 |
[33:58] | – 911! – Is that another chant? | 911 这是新的咒语吗 |
[34:01] | No! Call 911. | 马上 打911 |
[34:10] | How do you feel? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[34:12] | – God, it hurts. – I know, I know. | – 天啊 很疼 |
[34:14] | I know, just hang on. | – 我知道 坚持住 |
[34:15] | Hang on, they should be here any… | 坚持住 他们随时会到… |
[34:17] | They’re here. Here they are. | 他们来了 |
[34:18] | Maybe we should induce vomiting. | 或许我们应该让她呕吐 |
[34:20] | No! No. No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[34:22] | Let’s call that plan never-do. | 我们永不会实施这个计划 |
[34:26] | We got a call. Somebody O.D.’d? | – 我们接到电话 有人求救? – 是 在这里 |
[34:31] | What did she take? | – 她都吃了什么 |
[34:32] | An anti-hex potion, about 15 ingredients. | – 一种抗魔法药剂 大约15种成分 |
[34:34] | She wasn’t supposed to drink it. | 她不应该喝的 |
[34:37] | – Oh, hello. – Hi. | 嗨 |
[34:39] | Oh, Angeline, right? | – 嗨 – 你是Angeline 是吗 |
[34:41] | Mr. Monk, small world. | Monk先生 这个世界很小 |
[34:42] | I-I didn’t know you were a paramedic. | 我不知道你是紧急救护员 |
[34:44] | – Oh, I didn’t mention that? – No, no, you didn’t. | – 噢 我没有提过吗 – 不 没有提过 |
[34:47] | What was in it, specifically? | – 具体说 都有哪些成分 – 也没什么特别的 |
[34:49] | Nothing that unusual. | 朱草根 鹿舌 |
[34:50] | Some alkanet root, some deer tongue, | 朱草根 鹿舌 |
[34:52] | root bark, motherwart, graveyard dirt. | 根皮 曼陀罗花 坟场的土 |
[34:54] | What wasn’t in it? | 还有什么没放的 |
[34:55] | Let’s just write all this down. | 这些都写下来 |
[34:58] | I’ll… I’ll… I’ll go with you. | 我和你们一起去 |
[35:00] | Sorry, there’s… There’s no room. | 抱歉 空间不够 |
[35:03] | You can ride with me, if you don’t mind the mess. | 要是你不嫌乱的话 可以坐我的车去 |
[35:18] | You allergic to any medication? | 你对什么药物过敏吗 |
[35:20] | No. | 没有 |
[35:23] | You were there. | 你也在现场 |
[35:24] | You were a witness. | 你要作证 |
[35:26] | I said the potion was ready. | 我说药剂配好了 |
[35:27] | I never said to drink it. | 我可没说喝了它 |
[35:29] | That’s not voodoo. That’s voo-don’t. | 这不是巫毒(voodoo) 这是巫别(voo-don’t) |
[35:31] | What is all this stuff? It’s gonna get us killed! | 这都是些什么东西 会要我们的命的 |
[35:34] | They’re my good-luck charms! | 是我的好运符咒 |
[35:41] | It’s a small world. | 这个世界可真小 |
[35:43] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[35:45] | The paramedic, I met her before. | 那个紧急救护员 我以前见过 |
[35:48] | She was Robert Boyd’s niece. | 她是Robert Boyd的侄女 |
[35:52] | Wait, wait… | 等等 |
[35:55] | And before that! | 在此之前 |
[35:56] | Victim number two! | 第二名受害人 |
[35:58] | She was the paramedic on the golf course. | 她是高尔夫球场的紧急救护员 |
[36:00] | Oh, there’s got to be a good explanation. | 这个好解释 |
[36:02] | I know Angeline, and she’s a good person. | 我认识Angeline 她是个好人 |
[36:06] | Oh, oh, oh! You know her? | 噢 你认识她? |
[36:08] | I mean, I’ve seen her around. She’s a customer. | 我见过她几次 她是我的顾客 |
[36:10] | She’s a customer? | 她是你的顾客? |
[36:12] | Has she ever bought any of those dolls? | 她有没有买过玩偶? |
[36:14] | Sure… five, maybe six. | 当然 买过5 6个 |
[36:17] | That’s it. | 原来如此 |
[36:18] | That’s it. She’s the guy. | 原来如何 是她干的 |
[36:21] | Who’s the guy? | – 谁干的 |
[36:22] | The paramedic! | – 紧急救护员 |
[36:23] | Angeline, she’s the connection. | Angeline 她把所有事联系起来 |
[36:26] | Her uncle was loaded. He was the real target. | 她叔叔很有钱 是真正的目标 |
[36:28] | The other dolls were just distractions. | 其他两个玩偶 不过是为了转移视线 |
[36:31] | It was so simple. It was brilliant! | 如此简单 真聪明 |
[36:34] | All she needed were some packages | 她只需要准备一些有邮戳的包裹 |
[36:36] | that had been postmarked. | |
[36:37] | So she mailed a few empty boxes to herself, | 她邮寄了一些空邮包给自己 |
[36:41] | then she waited. | 然后就开始等待 |
[36:42] | She needed the right accident, the right victim. | 只需要合适的事故 合适的受害者 |
[36:45] | Martha Martha Murphy was perfect. | |
[36:47] | She lived alone. | Murphy就很合适 她一个人住 |
[36:49] | Angeline stole her key, | Angeline偷了她的钥匙 |
[36:51] | snuck into her house, | 溜进她家里 |
[36:53] | and left the box and customized doll | 把邮包和买来的玩偶放在显眼的地方 |
[36:55] | in plain sight. | |
[36:57] | Two days later, she did the same thing with Mr. Farris. | 两天后 她对Farris先生做了同样的事 |
[37:02] | The third victim was the real target. | 第三名受害者才是真正的目标 |
[37:04] | Killing her uncle was easy. | 要杀她的叔叔很容易 |
[37:07] | Angeline’s a paramedic. | Angeline是紧急救护员 |
[37:08] | She knew exactly what drugs to use, | 她很清楚用什么药物 |
[37:11] | something untraceable, | 既无法被查出 |
[37:13] | something that would look like a heart attack. | 还能造成心脏病发的假象 |
[37:15] | She put some good-luck charms around his house | 她在房子里放了些好运符咒 |
[37:18] | to make him look superstitious, | 显得他很迷信 |
[37:19] | and the stage was set. | 舞台已经搭好了 |
[37:22] | Thanks a lot, detective. | 谢谢你 大侦探 |
[37:24] | I’ll probably never sell another voodoo doll. | 不然我怕再也不会卖巫毒玩偶了 |
[37:43] | You’re in a lot of pain. | 你很难受 |
[37:45] | Let me get you something. | 让我来帮你 |
[37:49] | Do you have a cell phone? | 你有手机吗 |
[37:51] | No, I never use them. | 没有 我从来不用 |
[37:53] | I prefer to communicate over the astral plane. | 我更愿意用星芒星来通讯 |
[37:56] | Hadley! | |
[38:01] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[38:12] | Go! Go, go, go! Just go, go, go! | 快 冲上去 |
[38:38] | You’re gonna have to ram it! Come on! | 快 快 |
[38:42] | You have to ram it! Do it! | 冲上去 |
[38:44] | Just do it now! | 现在就撞 |
[38:59] | – Oh. – Oh, God. | – 哦 天啊 – Monk先生 |
[39:02] | Call an ambulance! | – 叫救护车 |
[39:03] | A different ambulance, this one’s cursed. | – 别的救护车 这辆被诅咒了 |
[39:05] | Right away. | 马上 |
[39:08] | God. | |
[39:14] | I don’t understand. Why me? | 我有点不明白 为什么选我 |
[39:16] | She was afraid I was getting too close. | 她担心我太专注于案件 |
[39:19] | She was trying to keep me distracted. | 想要我分心 |
[39:21] | Aw, because she knew how much you cared about me. | 因为她知道你有多关心我 |
[39:24] | She knew you’d be so worried about me, | 她知道一旦你这么担心我 |
[39:26] | you couldn’t think straight. | 就没法很好思考了 |
[39:27] | Well, that was her theory, yes. | 这是她的理论 |
[39:28] | But don’t forget, she was clinically insane. | 但是别忘了 她被诊断为精神错乱 |
[39:30] | I’m so relieved. | 我很轻松 |
[39:32] | I’ve never been happier to be wrong. | 我从没有错得这么开心 |
[39:33] | – About what? – Oh, about everything. | – 关于什么 – 关于所有事 |
[39:36] | About voodoo, about Mitch and me. | 关于巫毒教 关于Mitch和我 |
[39:38] | Good! I’m glad. | 太好了 我很高兴 |
[39:40] | Welcome back to the real world, the world of facts | 欢迎回到现实世界 |
[39:43] | and… and science and rational thought. | 由事实 科学和理性构成的世界 |
[39:46] | Hmm. You missed one. | 你漏掉了一个 |
[39:52] | You were saying? | 你刚说什么 |
[39:53] | Facts and science… | 事实和科学 |
[39:55] | Natalie, if you let superstition rule your life, | Natalie 如果你让迷信统治你的人生 |
[39:58] | you’re just avoiding any responsibility. | 你就会逃避你应承担的责任 |
[40:00] | – You missed another one. – I did not. | – 你又漏了一个 – 我没有 |
[40:02] | You missed it. I watched you… you missed it. | 你漏了一个 我看着呢 你漏了一个 |
[40:16] | Where was I? | – 我说到哪啦 – 理性 |
[40:17] | – Rational thought. – Exactly. | 没错 迷信 |
[40:18] | Superstitions, hexes, curses, voodoo… | 巫术 诅咒 巫毒 |
[40:23] | They’re all just crutches that people use | 它们都是人们的精神支柱 |
[40:26] | when they can’t cope with the little problems of… | 在他们不能解决一些小问题的时候… |