英文名称:Motherhood
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:43] | 派对 | |
[03:24] | 克莱拉5岁的最后一天 | |
[04:11] | 母性 | |
[05:19] | Hello, Lady. | 你好 拉蒂 |
[05:20] | Edith? You okay in there? | 伊蒂丝 你还好吗 |
[05:23] | Yes, dear, I’m fine. | 很好 亲爱的 我很好 |
[05:26] | Do you need anything from the store? | 你需要买什么吗 |
[05:28] | Hurry up, guys. | 快点 孩子们 |
[05:28] | Clara! You’re going to be late for school! | 克莱拉 你快迟到了 |
[05:31] | Orange juice, perhaps. | 也许买点橙汁 |
[05:33] | Does lady need food? | 拉蒂要吃的吗 |
[05:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:36] | Okay, well, I’m closing the door now, Edith. | 好吧 我关门了 伊蒂丝 |
[05:37] | It’s not safe to leave it open. | 开着不安全 |
[05:39] | ’cause I live in a firetrap. | 我家容易着火 |
[05:41] | Come on. | 快点 |
[05:41] | It’s not a firetrap. That’s a treasure trove. | 咱家不是火灾隐患 是藏宝之地 |
[05:45] | If stacks of stuff dated from the ’50s count as a treasure trove. | 如果那堆50年前的破烂家具算是宝藏的话 |
[05:48] | Oh, they do. | 他们就是 |
[05:49] | Avery, you’re gonna have to move the car today, remember? | 艾弗里 你今天必须把车移走 记得吗 |
[05:52] | Right. | 好的 |
[05:53] | You sit in it with Lucas and hold our spot… | 你和卢卡斯坐进去 占好我们的车位 |
[05:54] | – And I’ll walk clara over. – Right. | -我走着送克莱拉去上学 -好的 |
[06:03] | Okay! | 好了 |
[06:05] | Oh… come on, sweetie. | 快点 宝贝 |
[06:10] | Careful, guys. | 大家 小心 |
[06:12] | Careful, guys. | 大家 小心 |
[06:18] | Didn’t I just clean this out last week? | 我上周不是把这些都清理了吗 |
[06:23] | Hey, check it out. Look at those books! | 你瞧 看那些书 |
[06:26] | Think we can get them before mom notices? | 我们可以在妈妈发现前弄过来 |
[06:28] | No, Avery, please. | 别 艾弗里 千万别 |
[06:29] | Put your family’s best interest first. Think of the common good. | 家庭第一 为大家着想 |
[06:32] | That’s exactly what I’m doing. | 我就是在为大家着想 |
[06:34] | That’s exactly what I’m doing. | 我就是在为大家着想 |
[06:38] | Okay, in the car we go. | 好吧 我们进车里 |
[06:40] | Can I have some? | 我能涂点吗 |
[06:50] | Bonjour. | 早安 |
[06:52] | I wish I was French, too. | 我希望我也是法国人 |
[06:56] | It’s my birthday tomorrow. I’m gonna be six! | 明天是我的生日 我就要6岁啦 |
[06:59] | And I’m having my party up there tonight! | 我今晚要办派对 |
[07:01] | Really? In your apartment. | 是吗 在你家里吗 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1380个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:237个,六级词汇:131个,GRE词汇:119个,托福词汇:188个,考研词汇:268个,专四词汇:211个,专八词汇:42个, 所有生词标注共:475个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[07:04] | For my sixth birthday, we had a private marionette show. | 我6岁生日的时候 我家办了木偶表演 |
[07:08] | I’m gonna have 10 friends! | 我会有10个朋友来玩 |
[07:10] | My seventh was at the Swedish cottage. | 我七岁生日是在瑞典的小屋过的 |
[07:12] | First, my mom said I could only have six friends | 一开始我妈妈说只能请6个朋友来 |
[07:15] | Because I’m gonna be six. | 因为我就要6岁了 |
[07:16] | Then, Serendipity 3 delivered frozen hot chocolate. | 之后 奇缘餐厅送来了冰冻热巧克力 |
[07:20] | But then, my dad talked her into letting me have 10. | 之后 我爸爸说服妈妈请10位小朋友来我们家 |
[07:23] | Afterwards, my friends and I got carriage rides | 之后 在夕阳西下的中央公园里 |
[07:26] | in central park at sunset. | 我和朋友们一起坐四轮马车 |
[07:28] | I’m gonna have a triple layer cake, with purple frosting. | 我会有一个三层的蛋糕 还有紫色的糖霜 |
[07:31] | And I’m gonna have really cool goodie bags, | 我还会有很棒的礼品包 |
[07:35] | Right, mom? | 是不是 妈妈 |
[07:37] | Not the goodie bags again. | 不是又要礼品包了吧 |
[07:39] | Eliza, you are brave. | 艾丽莎 你真勇敢 |
[07:41] | Really? How so? | 是吗 为什么这么说 |
[07:43] | Just to live as you do, you know? | 看看你的生活 |
[07:45] | The stairs, the children, the car, the dog. | 住这么高 有两个孩子 车 还有狗 |
[07:49] | It’s a bit exhausting, no? | 一定累死了 不是吗 |
[07:51] | Is that your definition of “brave”? | 这就是你对勇敢的定义 |
[07:54] | Eliza, could you give me a hand with this buckle? | 艾丽莎 过来帮我开下车门 |
[07:57] | Um, mom, you forgot my backpack, | 妈妈 你忘记我的背包了 |
[08:00] | And I definitely need it before choice time. | 我在选择时间之前一定要用到它 |
[08:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:04] | Eliza, are you…? | 艾丽莎 你是不是 |
[08:05] | Are you wearing your nightgown? | 穿的睡衣? |
[08:29] | Has it really come to this? | 我真的要这样吗 |
[08:30] | That I, Eliza k. Welch, | 我 艾丽莎・K・韦尔奇 |
[08:32] | Find myself humiliated in my nightgown | 在邻居的大房子面前 |
[08:34] | in front of my neighbor’s townhouse? | 穿着睡衣被羞辱 |
[08:37] | My husband has run Clara around the corner to P.S. 3, | 我丈夫带着克莱拉去旁边的学校上学 |
[08:40] | and I have exactly nine minutes to write. | 而我只有9分钟的时间写作 |
[08:42] | How can a mother articulate her ideas | 一个母亲如何在那么短的时间内 |
[08:44] | with anything approaching wit or conviction | 将智慧和信念结合 |
[08:47] | in such ridiculously tiny wedges of time? | 清楚的表达出她的想法 |
[09:00] | 比约恩的身份 艾丽莎・K・韦尔奇 | |
[09:03] | Oh, it’s Zachsmommy again. | 又是扎克他妈 |
[09:07] | “Quit complaining, Sanctamommy! | “不要再抱怨了 萨卡塔他妈 |
[09:09] | No one has any time. | 没人有时间去抱怨 |
[09:11] | Save your quest for self-expression | 等孩子们上了大学 |
[09:13] | until the kids go off to college.” | 再去想怎么表达自己吧” |
[09:17] | Must a woman’s soul wither and die | 是不是仅仅因为变成妈妈 |
[09:20] | simply because she opted to become a mother? | 女人的灵魂就该枯萎 干涸 |
[09:22] | I want to finish the laundry and a complex sentence, | 我想洗完衣服 也想写出复杂的语句 |
[09:25] | to think tantalizingly deep thoughts | 想思考深刻的人生哲理 |
[09:27] | and throw a magical birthday party for my daughter. | 同时又为我女儿准备奇妙的生日派对 |
[09:30] | Is that truly too much to ask? | 难道这样的要求真的很高吗 |
[09:45] | Tomorrow, Clara turns six. | 明天 克莱拉就6岁了 |
[09:48] | She’s more than half way to double digits. | 转眼四年过去 她就该十岁了 |
[09:50] | She’ll be going to college in 12 years. | 12年以后会去上大学 |
[09:54] | That used to seem like a long time. | 我曾想那会是很长的一段时间 |
[09:58] | Now I can blink, and it’d be over. | 现在一眨眼的功夫 就过完了 |
[10:08] | 你好 妈妈 | |
[10:15] | “speak your mind and become our resident mom-ologist | “说出你的想法 成为我们常驻的妈妈专家 |
[10:18] | with your very own column, | 写出你独有的专栏 |
[10:20] | worth up to 3,000 dollars a month! | 一月可以挣3000美元 |
[10:22] | Runners-up receive either 1,000 dollars | 亚军可获得1000美元 |
[10:24] | or an all-expense paid trip to this year’s Mamapalooza, | 或者免费参加专为麻辣妈妈们 |
[10:27] | the festival for moms who rock.” | 准备的妈妈狂欢节” |
[10:30] | You’ve gotta be kidding me. | 不是开玩笑吧 |
[10:32] | “just send us 500 words telling us what motherhood means to you.” | “只需提交一篇500字的’母性的意义’即可” |
[10:37] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[10:40] | It’s perfect! | 太好了 |
[10:43] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[10:54] | Folks, coming up, | 朋友们 都过来 |
[10:55] | We’re going to see the historic former | 我们将要参观的是 |
[10:58] | home of Edna St. Vincent Millay. | 米莱(美国著名女诗人)的故居 |
[11:00] | But first, get those cameras ready… | 首先准备好照相机 |
[11:02] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[11:03] | This is a neighborhood, people, not a theme park. | 这里是居民区 不是主题公园 |
[11:05] | Get her picture! Get her…! | 给她拍张照片 给她 |
[11:06] | “Here’s the corner we all know and love from friends.” | “这里为人所熟知 并倍受青睐” |
[11:09] | Though, whenever you see an inside shot, | 不过里面的所有影像照片 |
[11:11] | That was actually filmed on a soundstage in Los Angeles. | 都是在洛杉矶的摄影棚里拍摄的 |
[11:15] | Hurry, kids! Hurry! Come on! | 快点 孩子 快点 跟上 |
[11:21] | Hey! Sheila! Sheila! | 你好 希拉 希拉 |
[11:23] | Hi! What’s shakin’, babe? | 你好 出什么事了 宝贝 |
[11:26] | Do I have Joan Crawford eyebrows? | 我的眉毛不会像琼・克劳馥(美国女演员)吧 |
[11:28] | I applied pencil like it was magic marker, and I didn’t check. | 我用铅笔随便一画 然后也没看 |
[11:31] | Tell me the truth. | 告诉我实话 |
[11:33] | No, they look good. They’re, ‘ya know, zesty. | 不 很好看 看起来喜洋洋的 |
[11:35] | Zesty? | 喜洋洋的? |
[11:37] | I have to have this in Clara’s classroom by choice time, | 我必须把这个在选择时间之前给克莱拉送去 |
[11:39] | or it’s sudden death for bad mommy. | 不然我就成了坏妈妈 |
[11:40] | – Will you walk with me? – Sure. | -你和我一起进去吗 -好 |
[11:44] | Hey, do you want me | 你要我 |
[11:45] | to pick up Clara and bring her with us? | 载克莱拉一起回家吗 |
[11:47] | ’cause I know Trixie would love it. | 特里克希会高兴死的 |
[11:48] | But I thought Joel had the kids on Fridays. | 我以为乔尔会在周五看孩子 |
[11:50] | Oh, he’s in Santa fe. | 他在圣达菲 |
[11:52] | Oh… chasing another new wild potter? | 又在追求另一个野蛮女友 |
[11:54] | I don’t know. Maybe. Who cares? | 不知道 也许吧 无所谓 |
[11:57] | I’ve really gotta go for this, right? | 我得赶紧做这件事 对不对 |
[11:59] | I mean, there’s something validating | 我是说 我有种强烈的感觉 |
[12:01] | about having a real job, you know? | 去找一份真正的工作 |
[12:03] | It’s been awhile. | 我想了很久了 |
[12:05] | Yeah, there’s definitely something | 对 你肯定想要赶紧 |
[12:07] | validating about having a real job. | 找一份真正的工作 |
[12:09] | I mean, especially one that actually pays you more | 那可比照顾孩子 |
[12:11] | than the childcare required to do it. | 赚得多多了 |
[12:13] | And it has been a while. | 你还想了很久 |
[12:15] | You sure you’re ready to move | 你确定自己准备好 |
[12:16] | beyond entourages of organic snacks? | 远离零食的生活了 |
[12:19] | Completely! | 当然 |
[12:20] | I mean, it gives me a chance to explore what it really means | 这能给我一次机会 让我知道 |
[12:22] | to become a mother, and nobody talks about this stuff. | 成为妈妈的真正意义 以前从没人说过 |
[12:26] | The sleep deprivation, | 睡眠权利的剥夺 |
[12:28] | the funks, the non-stop cleaning, the death of lust. | 臭味 不停的洗刷 性欲的渴望 |
[12:33] | I can see Lunchbox magazine flying off the stands. | 能看出来 Lunchbox(育儿杂志)销量巨大 |
[12:36] | Here is my first head line “Do Thy Known Shalth Be True” | 我的头条就是”做最真实的自己” |
[12:38] | Don’t breed. | 不要生孩子 |
[12:42] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[13:01] | Hi, Trixie! | 嗨 特里克希 |
[13:08] | Shit! | 该死 |
[13:09] | – What? – Avery forgot to walk Coupon! | -怎么了 -艾弗里忘记带库邦散步了 |
[13:13] | Shit is right. | 真该死 |
[13:13] | You better get home, or you’re gonna find a deposit on your rug. | 赶快回家 否则你家地毯上就会有好看的了 |
[13:27] | Avery? | 艾弗里? |
[13:30] | Avery. | 艾弗里 |
[13:32] | Avery. | 艾弗里 |
[13:35] | This stuff is incredible, really. | 这些东西让人吃惊 真的 |
[13:38] | Uh, Avery, um, did you forget something this morning? | 艾弗里你今早是不是忘了件事 |
[13:41] | What? | 什么 |
[13:42] | I don’t know, it was essentially our firstborn, you know? | 我不知道 它是我们第一个孩子 记得吗 |
[13:44] | The one with the incontinence issues? | 就是会大小便失禁的那个 |
[13:46] | Oops, sorry. | 哎呦 对不起 |
[13:47] | Single most abused word in the English language. | 这是英语词汇里最常被滥用的一个 |
[13:50] | “oops” or “sorry”? | 是”哎呦”还是”对不起” |
[13:51] | All right, so I’ll stay with Lucas, and you go get Coupon. | 好吧 还是我跟卢卡斯一起 你去带库邦散步 |
[13:54] | Oh, no, no, no. You can’t do that. | 不 不 不 别这样 |
[13:55] | I got an editorial meeting at 9:30. | 我9点半有个主编会议 |
[13:58] | If I don’t leave now, I’m never gonna make it. | 如果现在不走就赶不上了 |
[13:59] | No, no, no, no! You never told me that! | 不行 不行 你从没告诉过我 |
[14:00] | Yes, I did. I told you this morning | 我说了 今早上说的 |
[14:02] | while you were combing Clara’s hair. | 你当时正在给克莱拉梳头 |
[14:03] | Don’t worry, I’ll be back by 1:00. | 别担心 我1点就回来 |
[14:05] | No, but 1:00 is too late! | 不行 1点太晚了 |
[14:06] | I don’t think Coupon can hold it till then, | 库邦会憋不住的 |
[14:08] | and he can’t walk himself | 他又不能遛自己 |
[14:09] | because he can’t make it down the stairs anymore. | 他自己下不了楼 |
[14:11] | Holy moly! | 我的天 |
[14:11] | Did you go to the cash machine at least? | 那你今天取钱了吗 |
[14:13] | Eliza, I wish you would stop talking to me like I’m impaired. | 艾丽莎 希望你不要再说我了 好像我无药可救 |
[14:17] | Yes, I did. | 我取钱了 |
[14:18] | I… no… I’m sorry, okay? | 我 不 对不起 好吗 |
[14:20] | There’s just something I want to do today. It’s incredible. | 今天我想做点事情 很不可思议的事 |
[14:22] | It’s this writing thing, which could | 就是写点 很适合 |
[14:24] | be just perfect for me and… | 我现在处境的东西 |
[14:26] | I guess I’ll just figure out how to get it all done by myself. | 我想我还是自己想办法吧 |
[14:31] | – Bye! – Bye! | -再见 -再见 |
[14:56] | Oh, come on. | 走了 |
[14:59] | I got ya! | 抱起你了 |
[15:03] | Orange juice. | 橙汁 |
[15:05] | Edith? I forgot your orange juice. | 伊蒂丝 我忘记给你买橙汁了 |
[15:07] | I’m sorry, I’ll bring you some more later? | 抱歉 我一会儿再给你买 |
[15:10] | Orange juice? I don’t need any orange juice, dear. | 橙汁 我不需要橙汁 亲爱的 |
[15:15] | I’m closing the door now, Edith. It’s not safe to leave it open. | 我关上门了 伊蒂丝 开着不安全 |
[15:23] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:36] | Hurry up, Coupon, let’s go. | 快点 库邦 我们走 |
[15:37] | Street sweeper! Street sweeper! | 清洁车来啦 清洁车来啦 |
[15:41] | Oh! Oh, God. Coupon! Get busy. | 天啊 库邦 快点 |
[15:45] | Get busy. | 快点 |
[15:45] | Get a Prius, New Jersey! | 抓住个普锐斯 新泽西 (我开大排量汽车) |
[15:48] | Go home, scumbag! | 回家吧 贱人 |
[15:53] | Good job, Coupon! Good boy! | 很好 库邦 好孩子 |
[16:01] | So, you just gonna leave it there? | 你不管了吗 |
[16:02] | No, I just, I gotta get my kid in the car, | 不 我先把孩子放到车里 |
[16:05] | so I can move the car, so the street | 所以我可以开走车 然后街道清洁员 |
[16:07] | sweeper can clean the street. | 可以打扫 |
[16:11] | I’ll pick it up later. | 我会弄干净的好吧 |
[16:12] | What if someone steps in it before then? | 那之前要是有人踩了怎么办 |
[16:15] | I’ll call 311 and make a complaint. | 我会打311 投诉你 |
[16:17] | Well, I haven’t found that very effective, but be my guest. | 我觉得那不奏效 随便你 |
[16:21] | Here, honey. | 过来 宝贝 |
[16:27] | And you’re not even going to strap him in? | 你不给他系好安全带吗 |
[16:29] | Give me a break. | 让我休息一下 |
[16:30] | Okay… | 好的 |
[16:36] | Oh, no! | 不好 |
[16:51] | Come on, lady, move it! | 快点 女士 快走啊 |
[16:55] | Now where the hell is this guy? | 这个家伙从哪蹦出来的 |
[16:58] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[16:59] | Every Tuesday and Friday you gotta move your car | 每个周二和周五你必须把车开走 |
[17:02] | So they can clean the street. | 所以他们可以清扫街道 |
[17:04] | Oh, except this one here. They’re from Jersey. | 除了这一辆 从新泽西来的 |
[17:07] | They leave it, and then pay the ticket. | 车主把车放这 付罚单 |
[17:09] | It’s cheaper than a garage. | 因为这比在停车场存车便宜 |
[17:11] | And then the street sweeper can’t get around! | 可是清洁车开不过来 |
[17:14] | Hey, move it, Volvo lady! | 开走 沃尔沃女士 |
[17:16] | Move that freakin’ car! | 快开走你的车 |
[17:17] | I can’t, I’ll lose my spot! | 不行 否则我车位就没了 |
[17:20] | Why doesn’t everybody just back up? | 你们怎么不倒回去 |
[17:22] | Come on! Move your car! | 快点 开车 |
[17:24] | Come around! | 绕过去 |
[17:26] | We can’t move, ‘ya cunt! | 我们动不了 婊子 |
[17:32] | Motherfucker! | 混蛋 |
[17:33] | What is that woman doing? | 那女的在干什么 |
[17:34] | She’s nuts. | 她疯了 |
[17:36] | Look, that’s her dog shit. She just left it there. | 看 那是她狗的便便 她就不管了 |
[17:38] | Give him hell! | 去他妈的 |
[17:39] | Did you just say what I think you said? | 你刚才骂人了吗 |
[17:41] | Yeah, that’s right, you heard me. | 是的 骂了 你听见了 |
[17:42] | You just used the c-word in front | 你在孩子面前 |
[17:44] | of a child, in front of a school! | 在学校附近说脏话 |
[17:45] | Your mother must be very proud of you. | 你妈妈一定很自豪吧 |
[17:47] | Hey, you leave my mother out of this! | 关我妈什么事儿 |
[17:48] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[17:49] | She must be very, very proud that her son grew up to be… | 她一定非常 非常自豪 他儿子长大后 |
[17:52] | What do you do? Oh, roofing! | 你干什么的 修房顶 |
[17:53] | That her son’s a roofer. | 她儿子是修房顶的 |
[17:55] | – Shut up, lady. – Impressive. | -闭嘴 女士 -真厉害 |
[17:56] | Do they give you a degree in that? Advanced shingling? | 他们有没有给你学位 修屋顶大师 |
[17:58] | Hey, I said, shut up! | 我说了 闭嘴 |
[18:03] | All right, I’m sorry that I insulted your profession. | 好吧 对不起 我侮辱了你的职业 |
[18:07] | Well, somebody’s gotta fix roofs. | 总需要有人修屋顶 |
[18:09] | Right. Agreed. | 是的 我同意 |
[18:11] | I mean, I’m one to talk. | 我是说 我还有脸说别人 |
[18:13] | I’m just trying to raise two kids in this godforsaken city | 我得在这个破城市养两个孩子 |
[18:16] | that’s a shadow of its former self. | 而它却大不如前 |
[18:18] | Do you ever think about maybe moving out to the suburbs? | 你有没有想过搬到郊区去住 |
[18:21] | Like we could afford the taxes! | 我可付不起那么高的税务 |
[18:23] | Yeah, I hear you on that. I hear you on that. | 是的 我知道了 知道了 |
[18:25] | He’s escaping! Somebody call the police! | 他在爬车窗 快叫警察 |
[18:28] | Hey, you better get up there! | 你最好快回去 |
[18:31] | No! | 不要 |
[18:32] | Move the car! This isn’t a parking lot! | 开走车 这不是停车场 |
[18:34] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[18:36] | Oh! Sweetie! Sweetie! Oh, no, no, no! I’m so sorry. Back you go. | 宝贝 宝贝 别 别这样 对不起 进车里去 |
[18:40] | Report her to social services! | 去社区机构告发她 |
[18:41] | Hey, cut the lady some slack. | 原谅她的疏忽吧 |
[18:43] | Can’t you see she’s having a hard day? | 你看不出来她今天很糟糕吗 |
[18:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:56] | Oh, watch out! | 小心 |
[19:00] | Look. | 是她 |
[19:07] | Lucas, sweetie, I am so sorry I left you all alone like that. | 卢卡斯 宝贝 对不起我不该把你一个人留下 |
[19:11] | And mommy’s sorry she was smoking, too. | 很抱歉妈妈吸烟了 |
[19:13] | And yelling. | 还大喊大叫 |
[19:15] | Smoking and yelling are two things that Lunchbox magazine | 吸烟和大叫是Lunchbox杂志 |
[19:18] | would tell you to avoid. | 要求尽量避免的 |
[19:24] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:25] | Mommy’s just gonna, just race around | 妈妈要以最快的速度 |
[19:28] | the block as fast as she can. | 绕过这个街区 |
[19:30] | As quick as a wink! | 一眨眼的功夫就好了 |
[19:31] | A wink! | 眨眼 |
[19:34] | Oh! I’m gonna lose my spot! | 我没有车位了 |
[19:36] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[19:39] | Don’t! | 不要 |
[19:39] | Oh, no-no-no-no-no! Hey! No, no, no! | 不 不 不要 不要 |
[19:53] | All right, one sec. | 好了 等一会 |
[19:55] | Don’t, don’t, don’t. | 不要 不要 不要 |
[20:02] | Excuse me! | 打扰一下 |
[20:04] | Look, I’m sorry to bother you! | 对不起 我打扰你了 |
[20:08] | I know you’re not napping because | 我知道你没有睡着 |
[20:11] | I saw you just pull into my spot. | 我看见你把车刚刚停进我的车位 |
[20:13] | It’s not your spot. | 不是你的车位 |
[20:15] | But I live here. | 但我住在这里 |
[20:16] | You live in the west village, so you | 你住在西村 所以你可以 |
[20:17] | can afford to park someplace else. | 停在别的地方 |
[20:18] | No, you can say that, but you’d be wrong, okay? | 你可以这么说 但是错了 好吗 |
[20:21] | My apartment is right there, rather I should say, our apartments. | 我的公寓就在上面 应该说我们的公寓 |
[20:24] | You’ve got more than one apartment? | 你不止一个房子吗 |
[20:27] | They’re rent stabilized, and one is a studio. | 他们在出租 一个是创作室 |
[20:29] | Look, I’m throwing a birthday party for my daughter tonight, | 听着 我今晚得为女儿准备个生日宴会 |
[20:32] | and I need to park here so I can stash stuff in the car. | 所以我要把车停在这 用它放点东西 |
[20:35] | That is, if I can fit anything, | 希望能放得下 |
[20:37] | considering my husband has filled | 因为我老公 |
[20:38] | the back of the car with old books. | 把后备箱装满了旧书 |
[20:40] | You see, he has this fantasy | 他就爱好这个 |
[20:42] | of starting an online rare book business to enrich our lifestyle. | 想开个网店卖珍藏版的书 丰富生活 |
[20:46] | How about that? | 这主意怎么样 |
[20:47] | Anyway, we live in a walk-up. | 不管怎样 我们没有电梯 |
[21:01] | Come on! | 快点 |
[21:19] | “my, what a wonderful house this would be. | “这是多么好的房子啊 |
[21:22] | I will live in it until the people who own it come for it. | 我要住进去直到它的主人回来 |
[21:26] | And then, the little old man…” | 之后 这个矮个子老人…” |
[21:29] | Oh, that’s us. Okay. Come on, sweetie. | 该我们了 好了 走 宝贝 |
[21:32] | Okay, here we go. | 好了 我们走 |
[21:39] | Come, sweetie, here we go. | 来 宝贝 我们走了 |
[21:45] | Yeah… | 出来了 |
[21:52] | 禁止停车 电影拍摄 | |
[22:17] | Good sharing, Courtney! | 分享很好 康特尼 |
[22:19] | I am very proud of you for your excellent sharing. | 我真为你骄傲 你能跟大家这样分享 |
[22:24] | No, no, drop it. | 别 不要 扔掉 |
[22:27] | That’s made in China. | 那是中国造的 |
[22:29] | Hey! Watch it. | 小心点 |
[22:32] | He’s a whole lot smaller than you. | 他比你小多了 |
[22:34] | Excuse me, did you just say something? | 请问 你刚说什么了 |
[22:36] | Did she say something to you, Jordan? | 她跟你说什么了 约丹 |
[22:37] | Look, I’m sorry, but your son nearly crushed my kid. | 对不起 但你儿子差点就撞到我孩子了 |
[22:41] | He’s a whole lot bigger. | 他真大 |
[22:42] | Are you saying my son’s overweight? | 你是说我儿子超重了吗 |
[22:44] | I said big. Actually, what I said was “bigger.” | 我是说大 实际上 我说的是有点大 |
[22:47] | Don’t you dare ever speak to him again. | 你不要再跟他说话了 |
[22:50] | It’s glandular! | 这是天生的病 |
[22:54] | No, Trish. Trish, you cook pot roast at 375. | 不 翠西 翠西 用375度来炖肉 |
[22:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:00] | And don’t forget to mail the connect bill, please. | 还有 不要忘记交电话费 |
[23:05] | My wife. | 是我妻子 |
[23:08] | Yeah, okay, bye. | 是的 好的 拜 |
[23:12] | Jodie Foster alert. | 是朱迪・福斯特 |
[23:13] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[23:14] | I swear to god, it’s Jodie! She’s coming in right now. | 我向上帝发誓 是朱迪 她正在走过来 |
[23:18] | Jodie, Jodie! Over here, Jodie! Who’s the father? | 朱迪 朱迪 看这边 朱迪 孩子的父亲是谁 |
[23:22] | Last week, I had a Sarah Jessica Parker sighting. | 上周 我看到了莎拉・杰西卡・帕克 |
[23:24] | I’ve seen Julianne Moore | 我看到过朱利安・摩尔 |
[23:26] | Kate Winslet, and James Gandolfini. | 凯特・温斯莱特 詹姆斯・甘多夫尼 |
[23:29] | I swear, it’s like a movie star playground. | 我发誓 就像是电影明星赶场 |
[23:31] | I come in all the way from Scarsdale because, | 我从斯卡斯戴尔远道而来 因为 |
[23:33] | You know, you never know, | 你永远不会知道 |
[23:34] | I could sell it to us, right? | 这能卖了赚钱 |
[23:37] | Who’s your baby-daddy, Jodie? | 谁是你孩子的父亲 朱迪 |
[23:39] | You should work in a soup kitchen, you fucking parasites. | 你该在流动厨房工作 该死的寄生虫 |
[23:43] | Here you go, honey. Got your jacket? | 走吧 亲爱的 拿上你的夹克 |
[23:45] | Should a mother really have to choose | 一个母亲是否真的应该在 |
[23:47] | Between simply getting her kid some fresh air | 让她的孩子呼吸一些新鲜空气 |
[23:50] | And being stalked by the mamarazzi? | 和被狗仔队穷追不舍之间选择 |
[23:54] | Hey, Eliza. | 你好 艾丽莎 |
[23:56] | Hey, Lily! Hey, Bodhi! | 你好 莉丽 你好 柏蒂 |
[23:58] | – Say hi. – Hi. | -打个招呼 -你好 |
[23:59] | What’s with the hazmat suit? | 这个外套是怎么回事 |
[24:01] | Oh, this? It’s a uv-protection robe. | 这个吗 这是防紫外线的衣服 |
[24:04] | I got it for Bodhi off this website. | 我在网上给柏蒂买的 |
[24:05] | They make them in Australia. | 是澳大利亚生产的 |
[24:07] | Because of the warming. | 因为那阳光充足 |
[24:10] | I hate to say this, but he kinda | 我讨厌这样说 但他看起来 |
[24:12] | looks like a little baby klansman. | 有点像婴儿版的三K党成员 |
[24:14] | Oh, well, it cuts out 99 percent of harmful rays. | 它能阻止99%的有害射线 |
[24:19] | I can send you the link if you want. | 如果你想要的话我可以把链接给你 |
[24:21] | I got Indy a poncho off it. | 我还在上面给因迪买了件披风 |
[24:22] | Maybe Clara would want one. | 也许克莱拉想要一件 |
[24:25] | It’s okay. | 还是算了 |
[24:26] | Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt you. | 抱歉 我不是有意要打扰你 |
[24:30] | No, no, no. I’m just… entering this contest. | 不 不 我只是在参加一个比赛 |
[24:34] | Really? What’s the contest? | 真的吗 什么比赛 |
[24:37] | Just write 500 words about what motherhood means to me. | 写500字 关于母性对我的意义 |
[24:41] | What are you gonna say? | 你打算写些什么 |
[24:43] | Um… stuff, I guess. I don’t know. | 就写一些事情 我猜 我不知道 |
[24:49] | How motherhood is all about rainbows and unicorns | 母性怎么会全是关于彩虹 独角兽 |
[24:52] | And sunny days and… | 晴天和… |
[24:55] | I’ve got something up my sleeve. | 我在心里构思一些 |
[24:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:58] | Hey, do you want to borrow some? | 你想要一点吗 |
[25:00] | It’s protein and chemical free. They make it in Oregon. | 富含蛋白质 无化学元素 俄勒冈生产的 |
[25:02] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[25:35] | Lily? Lily, what are you doing? | 莉丽 莉丽 你在做什么 |
[25:41] | Oh, haven’t you read the crying and the raging? | 你没看过哭泣和发怒这本书吗 |
[25:46] | It’s the most amazing book. | 是最棒的一本书 |
[25:48] | This pediatrician in Norway came up with the theory | 一个挪威的儿科医生提出了这个理论 |
[25:51] | That if you really connect with your child | 如果你的孩子痛苦的时候 |
[25:54] | In his moment of pain, | 你能和他心灵相通 |
[25:55] | It calms them down. | 就会让他平静下来 |
[25:57] | It’s really made a difference for me and Bodhi. | 这对我和柏蒂来说效果很明显 |
[25:59] | Lily, will you excuse me for a second? | 莉丽 失陪一下好吗 |
[26:01] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[26:03] | Are you feeling better? | 你感觉好点了吗 |
[26:05] | Do you have the hiccups? | 你有打嗝吗 |
[26:09] | Let’s look around and see what we see. | 让我们四处看看 能看到些什么 |
[26:12] | I think I see a little chipmunk. Oh, that’s not a chipmunk. | 我能看到花栗鼠 那不是花栗鼠 |
[26:18] | 母性的意义 | |
[26:20] | I don’t have the faintest notion | 我一点概念也没有 |
[26:21] | What motherhood means to me, you know what I mean? | 母性对我的意义 你明白我的意思吗 |
[26:23] | Since when does a stroller have to cost as much as a car? | 从什么时候开始 婴儿车跟汽车一样贵 |
[26:26] | Okay, a used car. | 好吧 二手车 |
[26:28] | Since the world has started breeding more. | 从世界上开始有大量生育这件事开始 |
[26:30] | – Oh! – What? | -天哪 -什么 |
[26:32] | – I can’t believe… – What? | -我无法相信… -什么 |
[26:35] | They towed my goddamn car! | 我的车被拖走了 |
[26:37] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[26:38] | Please leave your message at the beep. | 请在”哔”声之后留言 |
[26:40] | Avery, where are you? | 艾弗里 你在哪里 |
[26:43] | I’m freaking out, okay? They’re shooting on our block again. | 我要疯了 他们又盯上我们那一区了 |
[26:46] | They moved the cars. Call me as soon as you get this. | 咱车被拖走了 收到留言后尽快给我电话 |
[26:49] | I gotta go. Bye. | 我得挂了 拜 |
[26:50] | Where is my car? | 我的车在哪 |
[26:52] | We have a resident here. | 我们在这儿有个居民 |
[26:53] | She can pick up her car anytime. | 她可以任何时候来取她的车 |
[26:54] | Copy that. | 知道了 |
[26:55] | Who moved it? | 是谁拖的 |
[26:56] | Well, there’s signs on all the posts. | 柱子上到处都贴着说明 |
[26:58] | Check them. No parking today. | 看看吧 今天不能停车 |
[26:59] | There were no signs when I left it here an hour ago. | 我一个小时前停车的时候还没有说明 |
[27:03] | – Right there! – Ma’am, look… | -就在那儿 -夫人 看 |
[27:04] | Don’t “ma’am” me! | 别叫我夫人 |
[27:05] | I may technically be old enough to be your mother, | 可能我已经到了做你母亲的年龄 |
[27:07] | But I am not a “ma’am.” | 但我不是”夫人” |
[27:09] | The car’s been moved | 车已经被送到了 |
[27:10] | To a secure location on barrow street, | 巴罗街一个安全的地方 |
[27:11] | All the way west. | 一直往西 |
[27:13] | Film crews are supposed to give 24-hour notice. | 电影剧组都会提前24小时通知 |
[27:16] | I can give you the number to the mayor’s office | 我可以给你市长办公室的电话 |
[27:18] | If you’d like to call and file a complaint. | 如果你想投诉的话 |
[27:19] | Very helpful. Great. | 非常有用 太好了 |
[27:21] | You’re telling me that you towed my car, | 你是想说 你拖走了我的车 |
[27:23] | and I have to bite it, right? | 而我还得忍气吞声 对吗 |
[27:25] | Ma’am, I’m gonna have to ask you to cross the street. | 夫人 您能快点过去吗 |
[27:27] | We’re setting up here. | 我们正在这儿布景 |
[27:28] | Hester, can you believe this? | 海斯特 你能相信吗 |
[27:30] | I’m gonna piss in a pot and dump it on ’em later. | 我要去尿在壶里 然后扔出窗外 |
[27:33] | Out the window, splat. | 洒他们一身 哗 |
[27:35] | Right on! | 好极了 |
[27:41] | Danny, go to two. | 丹尼 去2号 |
[27:44] | Why is it that once you pass 35 and have a kid in tow, | 为什么你满35岁还拖个孩子 |
[27:48] | You automatically become a “ma’am”? | 就会自动变成”夫人” |
[27:51] | “Ma’am” means support hose | “夫人”意味着护腿长筒袜 |
[27:53] | A girdle, a bad perm. | 围裙 糟糕的烫发 |
[27:55] | I’ll wear hot pants and platforms when I’m on a walker | 当我散步的时候 我会穿热裤和厚底鞋 |
[27:58] | If only to avoid being called “ma’am.” | 只是为了避免被叫”夫人” |
[28:15] | Avery, Avery, Avery! Answer your phone for once, Avery! | 艾弗里 艾弗里 艾弗里 接一次电话吧 艾弗里 |
[28:19] | You’ve reached Avery. Please leave your message… | 这是艾弗里的电话 请留下口讯 |
[28:30] | I used to be fluid, I used to be | 我曾文思泉涌 也曾经 |
[28:32] | I don’t know, graceful. | 我不知道 写得引人入胜 |
[28:34] | Now my words come out | 可现在我一写点什么 |
[28:36] | And they just sound like bad and copy. | 就觉得很糟糕 没新意 |
[28:38] | Well, maybe your brain’s worn out from over-sharing. | 可能是你的大脑因过度使用而筋疲力尽了 |
[28:42] | Sheila, just blog-slam me when I’m down! | 希拉 这比赛偏偏赶我状态最差的时候出现 |
[28:48] | Avery lost his cell phone, by the way. | 对了 艾弗里的手机打不通 |
[28:50] | The ultimate passive-aggressive act. | 又是这种消极进攻的把戏 |
[28:52] | Avery would lose his scrotum | 只是不接电话而已 |
[28:53] | If it wasn’t attached. | 艾弗里就快活不成了 |
[28:55] | Well, it’s either that, or he silenced it, | 要不就是他把手机关静音了 |
[28:56] | Which is the most effective way of silencing me. | 这也是最能让我静音的方法 |
[29:00] | Ah… no longer my problem, being silenced. | 变的沉默 不再是我的问题了 |
[29:06] | I mean, god forbid I ever raised a topic | 我的意思是 上帝不许我提 |
[29:08] | From Joel’s top 10 list of “musts to avoid.” | 乔尔列出的10条不能被提起的话题 |
[29:12] | Like, why you can’t balance his checkbook. | 像是 你不能结算他的支票簿 |
[29:15] | Or vacuum. Or remember the substitute teacher’s name. | 或用吸尘器 或记住代课老师的名字 |
[29:19] | Or tolerate a single comment about september 11 | 或者在晚餐桌上 |
[29:21] | At the dinner table. | 谈论911 |
[29:23] | God, maybe that’s gonna show up in the divorce papers. | 天哪 也许这些会写在离婚协议里面 |
[29:25] | “Refused to stop referencing traumatic event | “我拒绝在任何伤害性事件 |
[29:28] | More than six years after the fact.” | 发生六年之后还不能提起他们” |
[29:31] | “By the way, ‘why can’t you | “顺便问下 你为什么不能 |
[29:33] | Just get over it?”‘ | 从那些伤害中走出来呢” |
[29:35] | I’ll tell you why. | 我来告诉你原因 |
[29:37] | ‘Cause you’re always thinking, | 因为你老是在思考 |
[29:39] | You’re always wondering, “what if?” | 老是想知道 “假如会怎么样” |
[29:42] | I mean, have I done everything I could possibly do | 我是说 我是不是做了所有能够 |
[29:44] | To stave off disaster? | 避免灾难发生的事 |
[29:48] | Did I tell Clara how much I loved her | 今天早上克莱拉去上学之前 |
[29:50] | This morning before school, | 我有告诉她我爱她吗 |
[29:51] | Just in case she never makes it home again. | 只是以防万一 她再也不回家了 |
[29:53] | Oh, Liz, you gotta stop. | 莉斯 停下别说了 |
[29:55] | I can’t stop. | 我停不下来 |
[29:58] | Well, as a fearless leader once said, | 有位大无畏的领导者曾经说过 |
[30:01] | “When you can’t stop, you must shop.” | “当你停不下来的时候 就去购物吧” |
[30:19] | You know, the grand irony of the whole thing | 整个事情最讽刺的 |
[30:21] | Is that the first time around, all I wanted… | 是第一次 我所想要的 |
[30:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:27] | …Was for Joel to leave me alone and not touch me. | 是乔尔离我远远的 不要碰我 |
[30:31] | Well, that was because your joints ached. | 那是因为你的关节痛 |
[30:32] | And I had to pee every five seconds. | 还有我得5秒钟就撒一次尿 |
[30:34] | Which is better than peeing all over yourself, | 比尿你自己一身好多了 |
[30:36] | Which is what you do after you give birth. | 生完孩子就得那样了 |
[30:39] | Yeah, the cruel twist of fate is that at this time, | 是的 这个时候就是命运残酷的转折点 |
[30:42] | All the women do is shag. | 女人就是生活在麻烦里 |
[30:44] | And there is nobody to shag me. | 我最大的麻烦就是没人跟我做爱 |
[30:46] | She got pregnant through sympathy sex. | 她通过出于同情的性爱怀孕了 |
[30:48] | Her husband felt guilty after he ran off, | 他丈夫跑掉后又觉得自责 |
[30:50] | So he sent the kids out with | 所以他给孩子们 |
[30:51] | A sitter, got a bottle of wine, | 带来个保姆 拿了瓶红酒 |
[30:53] | And jumped on her. | 然后乱搞 |
[30:54] | Shagged me madly. | 这真让我发疯 |
[30:56] | Got her pregnant… | 让她怀孕 |
[30:57] | And then he left her. | 然后他又离开了她 |
[30:58] | Pig! | 蠢猪 |
[31:00] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[31:04] | Hey, you guys… | 朋友们 |
[31:05] | – That’s nice. – It’s pretty, yeah. | -那很漂亮 -是的 很漂亮 |
[31:07] | For a 6-year-old. | 对一个6岁的小孩来说 |
[31:09] | I gotta tell you something. | 我得告诉你一些事 |
[31:11] | It does not leave this room. | 不能说出去哦 |
[31:13] | Okay, so last night | 好的 昨天晚上 |
[31:14] | I got the kids to bed about 9:00, | 9点的时候我让孩子们上床睡觉 |
[31:17] | And I ran a bath, | 然后我去洗澡 |
[31:18] | Which would have been really lovely | 一切本该非常美好 |
[31:20] | Except I only had that strawberry shortcake bubble bath. | 除了草莓酥饼泡泡浴 |
[31:22] | – So I’m lying there, in the bath… – Yeah… | -我就躺在那 在浴室 -是的 |
[31:27] | Naked… | 赤裸裸的 |
[31:29] | What? What? | 什么 什么 |
[31:30] | Good! | 好极了 |
[31:32] | You know the little, um, motorized submarine bath toys… | 你们知道那种小电动沐浴玩具吗 |
[31:37] | – The little, “chiggachiggachigga…” – Yeah. | -很小 会发出”气咯气咯”声的 -知道 |
[31:41] | What? | 什么 |
[31:43] | You know, they look a bit like dildos. | 它们看起来有点像假阴茎 |
[31:48] | You’re dirty! | 你太下流了 |
[31:50] | It was lovely. And it was amazing. | 它让人愉快 也很惊艳 |
[31:53] | It was lovely and amazing. | 让人愉快和惊艳 |
[31:54] | I got very lucky with the submarine. | 有这些东西我很幸运 |
[31:58] | Okay, all right, look, the moment of reckoning. | 好吧 清算时间到 |
[32:02] | Lay it on me. Where would I wear this? | 想象我穿上了 什么场合我可以穿这件 |
[32:05] | Parent-teacher conference. | 家长会的时候 |
[32:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:10] | What about this one? | 那这件呢 |
[32:14] | Well, that’s for the date that’s never gonna happen, isn’t it? | 想象中的约会的时候可以穿 不是吗 |
[32:18] | Or in case you ever feel like | 或者如果你想去 |
[32:20] | Enticing the spousal unit to do ‘ya. | 诱惑婚礼上的人 |
[32:24] | Hey, how about this one? | 这件怎么样 |
[32:25] | Well, that’s nice. That’s for keeping cozy at your desk. | 很漂亮 你在桌子前面的时候穿会很惬意 |
[32:29] | Cozy at my desk doing what? | 在桌子前面很惬意地做什么 |
[32:31] | I don’t know. I’m just here for the fashion advice. | 我不知道 我只是来提供时尚建议的 |
[32:33] | I can’t solve your life crisis. | 无法解决你的生存危机 |
[32:36] | I’m gonna go check out the size 29. | 我去看看29码的 |
[32:42] | What does it say about the world | 这该怎么说呢 |
[32:43] | When a perfectly attractive woman | 当世界上最完美最有魅力的女人 |
[32:45] | Like my best friend Sheila | 就像我最好的朋友希拉 |
[32:46] | Has to resort to wanking off with her son’s bath toy? | 需要用他儿子的洗浴玩具自慰 |
[32:54] | Even if she is seriously pregnant at this point, | 即使她现在正在怀孕中 |
[32:57] | It somehow seems unjust. | 但某种程度上说也好像不公平 |
[33:09] | Motherhood is not knowing what’s going to hit you next. | 母性是不知道接下来你会怎么样 |
[33:13] | Motherhood is a day in May, a hot air balloon… | 母性是五月的一天 一个热气球 |
[33:23] | …God’s gift to womankind. | 上帝赐予女性的礼物 |
[33:58] | What about when your child’s hand is still so small | 当你孩子充满信任地把他或她的小手 |
[34:01] | That he or she puts that hand in yours with absolute trust? | 放在你的手心里时 你会有何感想 |
[34:05] | Their incredibly soft cheeks when you kiss them. | 或是当你亲吻他们柔软的脸颊时 |
[34:08] | The way their foreheads sweat when they’re sleeping, | 他们睡着时前额挂着的汗珠 |
[34:10] | And the hair sticks to it. | 还有头发沾在上面 |
[34:12] | The hilariously weird things they | 当他们开始学说话时 |
[34:14] | Say when they’re learning to talk. | 那些惹人发笑的奇怪音节 |
[34:16] | The way you save their lost teeth after they fall out, | 他们掉牙之后 你保存他们的牙齿 |
[34:19] | And you’ve done your tooth fairy routine, | 放在枕头下等牙仙女来拿 |
[34:21] | Like some demented nazi, | 真像是疯狂的纳粹 |
[34:23] | Because you can’t stand to give up any part of them, | 因为你不能忍受在他们事上有半点马虎 |
[34:27] | No matter how tiny. | 不管是多么小的事 |
[34:30] | Oh… sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[34:32] | Morris needed the final edit | 莫里斯需要阿尔巴尼亚人 |
[34:35] | On the Albanian manuscript. | 手稿的最终编辑版 |
[34:36] | Jesus, you know, I had to pile through a bunch of extras | 天哪 我是挤过了那么一堆 |
[34:39] | With really bad moustaches just to get to the front door. | 留着糟糕小胡子的人才得以出门 |
[34:43] | Did you notice that our car got towed? | 你注意到我们的车被拖走了吗 |
[34:44] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我知道了 |
[34:45] | I’ve been trying to call you. | 我一直试着给你打电话 |
[34:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[34:51] | Oh, yeah. Look at that. Eight missed calls. | 是啊 8个未接电话 |
[34:53] | Ringer must have been off. | 我一定是静音了 |
[34:55] | So, uh, did you have something you needed to tell me? | 你有什么需要告诉我的吗 |
[34:58] | Nothing that I couldn’t figure out on my own. | 没有我解决不了的事 |
[35:00] | You have no idea how lucky you are | 你都不知道自己有多幸运 |
[35:01] | To be married to a consummate multitasker. | 娶了一个完美的棘手问题处理员 |
[35:03] | Ah, but I do know. | 我知道 |
[35:09] | Hey, can you please take him across the hall? | 你能带他去门厅那吗 |
[35:12] | I need to put in another half an hour. I just… | 我还需要半小时 我只是 |
[35:14] | I’m just beginning to get somewhere. | 我只是开始有头绪了 |
[35:15] | – Oh, really? – Yep. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[35:16] | Good. | 好的 |
[35:33] | Is that Paul? I think that’s Paul. | 那是保罗吗 我觉得那就是保罗 |
[35:36] | Do you see him? | 你看到他了吗 |
[35:40] | – Did I miss her? – No, no. | -我错过她了吗 -没有 没有 |
[35:41] | Hi, sweetie! Hi! | 亲爱的 |
[35:46] | See your sister, yeah? | 看到你姐姐了吗 |
[35:48] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
[35:51] | Oh, there she is. | 她在那儿 |
[35:53] | Hi, mom! Hi! | 妈妈 |
[35:56] | Hi, Clara! | 克莱拉 |
[35:58] | Oh, god! | 天哪 |
[36:00] | Clara! | 克莱拉 |
[36:02] | Line up, please! | 排队了 |
[36:03] | Clara? | 克莱拉 |
[36:05] | Clara? | 克莱拉 |
[36:15] | It’s her last day of being 5. | 今天是她5岁的最后一天 |
[36:23] | Oh, Avery, Avery, Avery, Lucas is here. | 艾弗里 艾弗里 艾弗里 卢卡斯在这儿 |
[36:26] | Didn’t you notice? | 你没看到吗 |
[36:27] | I put him in front of the teletubbies. | 我让他看天线宝宝了 |
[36:29] | He’ll be paralyzed for an hour. | 他会在电视前坐一个小时 |
[36:30] | No, no, no… I’d love to, but I can’t. No! | 不 我喜欢这样 但不能 不 |
[36:32] | I have a deadline | 截稿日期要到了 |
[36:33] | And a party to throw, remember? | 还要准备派对 记得吗 |
[36:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:41] | Av? Can I borrow your bike? | 艾弗 我能借下你的自行车吗 |
[36:44] | Sure. | 当然 |
[36:45] | Oh, can you read my draft? | 能帮我看看我的草稿吗 |
[36:48] | Can you explain to me what it is again? | 能再说一次是关于什么的吗 |
[36:50] | Yes. | 当然 |
[36:51] | I’m submitting a piece to a parenting magazine. | 我想交一篇文章给育儿杂志 |
[36:54] | It’s a contest. I mean, it’s kind of a real gig. | 是个比赛 而且 能挣点儿外快 |
[36:57] | But I can’t get into that right now. | 但我现在无法进入主题 |
[36:58] | It’s only 500 words. It’s a first draft. | 要求只要500字 这是第一稿 |
[37:02] | But, no, I feel like it’s solid, you know? | 但是我感觉太生硬了 |
[37:04] | Something I could put my name to and feel good about it. | 只是能署个名 感觉还不错 |
[37:07] | I left a copy on my desk. | 我放了个拷贝在桌子上 |
[37:09] | Sure. | 好的 |
[37:10] | And, Avery? | 还有 艾弗里 |
[37:11] | Hmm? | 什么 |
[37:13] | Mm… Nothing. It’s just… | 没什么 只是 |
[37:16] | Be honest. | 实话实说 |
[37:18] | Bye. | 拜 |
[37:23] | Bye! | 拜 |
[37:23] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜 -拜 |
[38:22] | Shit! | 该死 |
[38:54] | Mama, I want the big spider-man, | 妈妈 我想要大的蜘蛛侠 |
[38:57] | Not the little spider-man. | 不是小的蜘蛛侠 |
[38:59] | No, I told you… it’s 39 dollars. | 不 我告诉过你 这要39美元 |
[39:02] | I want the big one! | 我想要大的 |
[39:04] | It’s too much money, now, come on! | 太贵了 快过来 |
[39:08] | I told you, you can’t have this, Jorge! | 我说过 你不能要这个 乔治 |
[39:11] | Stop it, that’s enough. | 别这样了 够了 |
[39:12] | Come on. Laura? | 快来 劳拉 |
[39:14] | Laura, get back over here! | 劳拉 快回来 |
[39:16] | Jorge, come on. | 乔治 快来 |
[39:24] | Laura? Laura, get back over here. | 劳拉 劳拉 快回来 |
[39:45] | 大礼包专区 | |
[40:11] | Yeah, Sheila, got the backpack. | 是的 希拉 我背了背包 |
[40:13] | I’m doing my sherpa routine. | 我在购物 |
[40:15] | Do you think our children have any idea | 你觉得我们的孩子会知道 |
[40:16] | How we suffer on their behalf? | 因为他们 我们经历了怎样的苦吗 |
[40:17] | Absolutely not. | 当然不会 |
[40:18] | Hey, you can’t cut the line. | 不准插队 |
[40:20] | Wait your turn! | 排队去 |
[40:21] | Look, I gotta get out of here. | 听着 我得赶紧走 |
[40:22] | I just waited 20 minutes for some moron to blow up balloons. | 我等了20分钟等那些傻瓜吹好气球 |
[40:24] | Well, you can’t cut the line. | 你不能插队 |
[40:26] | I’ve gotta go pick up my twins from preschool in 10 minutes. | 10分钟后我得去幼儿园接我的双胞胎 |
[40:29] | They fine you if you’re late. | 如果迟到会被罚款 |
[40:31] | What the hell is going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[40:32] | Crazy, crazy, now showing everywhere. | 疯了 疯了 大家都疯了 |
[40:35] | Hang on, I’m just going to get my tea. | 别挂 我去倒杯茶 |
[40:36] | Hi, yes. This is Allison Hopper. | 你好 我是安丽森・胡柏 |
[40:39] | Sorry, I’m just gonna be a weensy bit late | 抱歉 我下午得晚一点儿 |
[40:42] | Picking up Sky and Banjo this afternoon. | 去接斯凯和班卓 |
[40:45] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[40:47] | So, Sheila, I’m feeling, why do I | 希拉 我觉得 |
[40:50] | Even care if I win this contest? | 就算我赢得这次比赛又怎么样 |
[40:53] | I mean, I’m addressing | 我的意思是 我只能 |
[40:54] | Such a narrow sector of the population. | 影响很小的一部分人 |
[40:56] | Move up, the line moved. | 往前走 队伍移动了 |
[40:57] | Not as narrow as the one you’re addressing there. | 至少能影响我 |
[40:59] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[41:00] | Getting goody bag stuff. | 买大礼包里放的东西 |
[41:02] | So much for sticking to your principles. | 想要坚持原则太难了 |
[41:04] | “so much for sticking to your principles.” | “想要坚持原则太难了” |
[41:09] | Some freakazoid is bothering me. | 有个怪胎在旁边插话 |
[41:12] | “freakazoid!” | “怪胎” |
[41:14] | What the hell is your problem? | 你有毛病吗 |
[41:16] | What the hell is your problem? | 你才有毛病 |
[41:17] | Sheila, I’m gonna call you back, okay? | 希拉 我一会儿再给你打过去 好吗 |
[41:21] | No, no, no! | 别 别 别挂 |
[41:22] | Listen, I wasn’t speaking very loudly in the first place, okay? | 听着 首先我讲电话没有很大声 好吧 |
[41:26] | I believe in cell phone etiquette. | 我是很讲究电话礼仪的 |
[41:28] | You introduced your conversation into my personal space, | 你的通话侵犯到我的私人空间了 |
[41:31] | thus violating any commonly held definition of “etiquette.” | 因此这有悖于任何所谓”礼仪”的定义 |
[41:34] | Is that so? | 我怎么不觉得 |
[41:35] | Move it! move up! | 往前移 跟上 |
[41:36] | Did you know that 90 percent of cell phone users | 你知不知道百分之九十的手机使用者 |
[41:39] | believe they’re courteous | 都觉得自己表现得很得体 |
[41:39] | While 85 percent of those same users | 可事实上百分之八十五的手机使用者 |
[41:41] | complain about being annoyed by others’ conversations? | 却在抱怨被他人的通话所烦扰 |
[41:44] | Now, those numbers really don’t add up, do they? | 这些数据不是不无道理 对吗 |
[41:46] | Why don’t we have this conversation in 20 years, | 为什么我们不二十年后再来探讨这个话题 |
[41:48] | When you’ve learned a thing or two about the real world? | 等你对这个真实的世界略知一二的时候 |
[41:50] | Oh, you mean when I’m old? | 哦 你的意思是等我老的时候吗 |
[41:53] | Even you, my friend, will turn 40. | 即使是你 年轻人 也会迈入不惑之年 |
[42:00] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[42:00] | You urban moms are like a case study in liberal hypocrisy. | 你们城里的妈妈都是伪善的典型案例 |
[42:03] | You think the rules apply to other people, | 你们总觉得规矩是让别人遵守的 |
[42:05] | but never to you. | 而不是你们自己 |
[42:06] | You blab your precious banalities into cell phones, | 你们在电话里总搬出那些个陈词滥调 |
[42:08] | You buy gluten-free snacks, | 你们净买些无麸质零食 |
[42:09] | Yet have no comprehension of your carbon footprint! | 却完全不知道碳排放印记是什么东西 |
[42:11] | I’d like to shove my carbon footprint right up your ass. | 我想在你嘴上踩出个印记来 |
[42:14] | Come on, you’re up, you’re up! | 快点 跟上 跟上 |
[42:17] | Can you believe this dickhead? | 你能相信这个白痴 |
[42:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[42:23] | Mommy! she said “dickhead”! | 妈妈 她竟然用了”白痴”这个词 |
[43:18] | But that’s not her name. | 这不是她的名字 |
[43:19] | Yes, it is. | 没错 就是这个 |
[43:20] | “clarra.” | “克拉拉” |
[43:23] | Her name is “Clara.” | 她的名字是”克莱拉” |
[43:25] | Look, see? | 看 看见了吗 |
[43:26] | “Clara.” not, “Clar-ra.” | “克莱拉”不是”克拉拉.” |
[43:30] | Well, our froster is on a cigarette break, so… | 可是 我们的糕点师正在抽烟休息 所以… |
[43:33] | Well, can’t someone else fix it? | 那么 没有其他人能改一下吗 |
[43:35] | All you have to do is just scrape off the “ra”, right? | 你们要做的只是把”拉”擦除 不是吗 |
[43:38] | And rewrite it in matching icing | 然后用同种的糖浆重新把它写上 |
[43:39] | so it doesn’t look like an accident. | 这样它看上去就对了 |
[43:40] | Only the froster can do that. | 只有糕点师才能改 |
[43:42] | Look, I have to go home. | 听着 我赶着回家 |
[43:43] | I mean, I have to set up. | 我的意思是 我得布置一下 |
[43:45] | So come back. We’re open till midnight. | 那么你一会儿再来 我们一直营业到午夜 |
[43:47] | I can’t come back. The party is at 5:00. | 我没时间再来 派对5点就开始了 |
[43:52] | You have to admit it’s your own fault. | 你得承认这是你自己的错 |
[43:54] | If you had named her “Sophie” or “Ella,” | 如果你给她起的名字是”苏菲”或者”艾拉” |
[43:55] | You wouldn’t be having this problem, | 那么你现在就不会有这样的问题 |
[43:57] | but you gave her an “Edna” name. | 但你给他起了一个像”埃德娜”(很过时)的名字 |
[43:59] | – A what? – You know, an “Edna” name? | -一个什么 -一个像”埃德娜”的名字 |
[44:01] | Like “Mabel” or “Agnes” or “Velma.” | 就像”梅布尔” “艾格尼丝”或是”威尔玛” |
[44:04] | Yeah, like lesbian librarian names. | 没错 就像同性恋图书管理员的名字 |
[44:06] | Don’t you read the “Crankypants Post”? | 难道你没看”好奇短裤”的博客吗 |
[44:08] | She did a whole thing last week about names, it was genius. | 她上周都在研究名字 真是太有才了 |
[44:11] | Well, yes, I mean I do read her, | 好吧 是的 我确实也读她的文章 |
[44:14] | But I like other parenting blogs better. | 但我更喜欢其他的育儿博客 |
[44:17] | What about “the Bjorn Identity”? | 你觉得”比约恩的身份”怎么样 |
[44:19] | That woman is so… I don’t know. | 这个女人太…我不知道 |
[44:21] | I think she’s a feminist. | 我觉得她是个女权主义者 |
[44:24] | Well, what could be worse than that? | 好吧 还有什么能比那更糟的呢 |
[44:26] | Anyway, “Clara” is not an “Edna” name, right? | 不论如何 “克莱拉”不像”埃德娜” 对吧 |
[44:30] | Let me guess, | 让我猜猜 |
[44:31] | you named her after your favorite grandmother? | 你是用你最爱的祖母的名字给她起名的 |
[44:33] | Stop. | 够了 |
[45:24] | Oh, excuse me. | 哦 不好意思打扰一下 |
[45:25] | Excuse me, I live here. | 什么事儿 我住在这儿 |
[45:27] | Oh, do you know if there’s a Mckendrick in 6-c? | 你认不认识这住在6楼C室的叫”麦肯德里克”的 |
[45:31] | Yes, I do. 6-C and 6-D. | 恩 我认识 6楼C室和6楼D室 |
[45:34] | Try the buzzers? | 按过门铃了? |
[45:35] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[45:36] | What? | 有没有搞错 |
[45:38] | Oh, no! no! | 哦 不是吧 不要啊 |
[45:40] | Avery! | 艾弗里 |
[45:43] | I just… | 我实在是… |
[45:44] | Classic! | 太悲剧了 |
[45:46] | How am I gonna get this shit upstairs? | 我怎么把这堆该死的东西弄上楼啊 |
[45:49] | I was gonna stash it in my car, | 我本来要把它们存在车里的 |
[45:50] | Which I like to call my roving metal purse, | 我喜欢把车称作我的流动金属钱包 |
[45:52] | Which was parked right over there, but then… | 它本来正好停在那儿的 但是后来 |
[45:56] | Then… this came! this invasion of the block snatchers! | 后来…拍电影的来了 这群霸占街道的掠夺者 |
[46:02] | I’ve gotta throw a party for my daughter… | 我要给我的女儿办个派对 |
[46:05] | …at 5:00! | …就在5点 |
[46:07] | I don’t know where my husband has gone. | 我不知道我老公哪儿去了 |
[46:09] | He has this habit of disappearing right when I need him the most. | 他总是在我最需要他的时候找不到人 |
[46:16] | Just, I’ll sign for it, okay? | 正好 我来签收吧 行吗 |
[46:22] | You’ve got a lot to carry. | 你要搬好多东西呀 |
[46:45] | So, Mikesh, you a messenger full-time? | 所以 米卡什 你是全职邮递员吗 |
[46:50] | Of course not. No. I write. | 当然不是 不是的 我还写作 |
[46:53] | Don’t we all? | 我们都是这样吧 |
[46:54] | – Write what? – Plays. Well, sort of. | -你都写些什么呢 -戏剧 好吧 勉强算是吧 |
[46:56] | I guess you’d call them quietly domestic plays set in india. | 我猜你会把它们想成印度家庭剧 |
[47:00] | Oh, cool. | 哦 真酷 |
[47:01] | Yeah, I tried to find a job | 是的 我试图找到这样一份工作 |
[47:02] | That would occupy the least amount of mental space | 只需花费最少的脑力 |
[47:04] | And be so opposite my true aesthetic intentions | 而且和我真正的审美志趣恰好相反 |
[47:06] | That it wouldn’t get in the way, you know? | 不会妨碍我做自己想做的事 可以理解吧 |
[47:09] | Does that work for you? | 那对你有用吗 |
[47:10] | Most of the time. | 大多数时候 |
[47:12] | How do you do this every day? I’m winded, man. | 你怎么可以每天都做这些 我已经喘不上气了 大姐 |
[47:16] | Lightweight. | 这算轻松的了 |
[47:19] | My daughter is a nicotine nazi. | 我女儿是个反烟者 |
[47:22] | They do all this anti-smoking propaganda in school, | 他们在学校一直在做戒烟宣传 |
[47:26] | Which is good, I guess, | 这无可厚非 我觉得 |
[47:27] | But my position is everything in moderation, | 但我对任何事情都是以适度为原则 |
[47:32] | Which is hard to explain to a kid, you know? | 这很难对一个孩子解释清楚 明白吧 |
[47:38] | Excuse me one sec. | 等我一下 |
[47:40] | Edith? | 伊蒂丝? |
[47:42] | You okay in there? | 你在家里还好吧 |
[47:43] | Who is it? | 是谁呀 |
[47:47] | It’s me, Eliza. | 是我 艾丽莎 |
[47:50] | Got your juice. Some food for Lady. | 给你买了果汁 还有一些给拉蒂的食物 |
[47:56] | Edith, do you need something to eat? | 伊蒂丝 你想吃点什么吗 |
[47:59] | No, dear. | 不用了 亲爱的 |
[48:02] | What day is today? | 今天是什么日子 |
[48:04] | It’s friday. | 今天是星期五 |
[48:07] | It’s may 25. | 5月25日 |
[48:09] | May 25, Edith. | 5月25日 伊蒂丝 |
[48:11] | May 25. | 5月25日 |
[48:13] | Okay, Edith. Gotta go. | 好了 伊蒂丝 我得走了 |
[48:15] | Just right next door if you need me. | 我就在隔壁 你有事叫我 |
[48:18] | I’m right there. Bye. | 我就在隔壁 再见 |
[48:23] | Wow, indeed. | 哇 确实 |
[48:28] | Mikesh, thank you for carrying all this stuff up for me. | 米卡什 谢谢你帮我把这些东西搬上来 |
[48:33] | You really saved me. | 你真是帮了我一个大忙 |
[48:43] | I’ll take that letter for Avery. | 我会把这封信交给艾弗里 |
[48:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:47] | Thank you. | 真的谢谢你 |
[48:52] | This was really nice of you. | 你真是个大好人 |
[48:57] | Um… do you…? | 恩 你要不要 |
[49:01] | Well, you must be thirsty. | 对了 你一定渴了吧 |
[49:05] | Do you want a glass of water? | 你想喝杯水吗 |
[49:07] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[49:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[49:10] | here, let me get that. | 给我 我来拿 |
[49:13] | You’re so kind. | 你真好 |
[49:16] | All right. | 好吧 |
[49:19] | Sorry for this heinous mess. | 不好意思家里太乱了 |
[49:21] | Oh, no. I was… | 哦 没有 我刚在… |
[49:23] | The view across your rooftop is so poetical. | 从你屋顶望去的风景真是富有诗意 |
[49:26] | You should see where I live. | 你真该看看我住的地方 |
[49:27] | Bushwick, man. It’s a little grim. | 在布什威克[美国最差住宅区] 天 那真可怕 |
[49:30] | Well, you’re, you’re, what, you’re, um… how old? | 那么 你 你 那个 你 多大 |
[49:35] | 22 | 22 |
[49:36] | Oh, you can deal with Bushwick, then. | 哦 那你还可以忍受布什威克 |
[49:40] | When you get to be my age… | 等你到我这个年纪的时候 |
[49:44] | 44 | 44 |
[49:45] | Wow, well, you look fantastic. | 哇 不是吧 一点都不像 |
[49:48] | Actually, I’m not quite 44. I’m, um… | 事实上 我还没到44岁 我 恩… |
[49:52] | I just lied. | 我刚才撒谎了 |
[49:53] | I think I was hoping that you just might say that. | 我就是希望你会那么说 |
[49:57] | The point is, when you get to be my age, | 重点是 等你到我这个年纪的时候 |
[50:00] | The view becomes less poetical | 这风景看上去就没这么诗意了 |
[50:02] | In relationship to other aspects of living here. | 考虑到在这生活的其他方面的话 |
[50:07] | One door on, one door off. | 一扇门开启的同时也会关上另一扇门 |
[50:08] | Is this some kind of artistic statement? | 这算不算得上是某种行为艺术 |
[50:11] | This is one of Avery’s renovation projects. | 这是艾弗里的革新计划之一 |
[50:14] | Look closely, and you’ll find similar statements elsewhere. | 仔细看看 你会在其他地方发现类似的东西 |
[50:18] | Like his perennially disorganized personal library. | 比如他永远零乱的个人图书馆 |
[50:22] | He seems interesting, your husband. | 他貌似很有趣 你老公 |
[50:24] | Oh, he is. | 哦 他确实 |
[50:27] | He’s… | 他是个… |
[50:28] | He’s eccentric, and I, um… | 他很不寻常 而且我 恩… |
[50:32] | I fell in love with those eccentricities, you know? | 我过去很迷恋那些不寻常的事 |
[50:38] | But then you have kids | 可是当你有了孩子 |
[50:39] | And try to lead what’s called a grown-up life, | 努力过着一种所谓的成人的生活 |
[50:43] | And those sort of things become obstacles to a sane existence. | 那些吸引我的东西就变成了现实生活的障碍 |
[50:47] | So you used to be a writer, too? | 所以你过去也是个作家吗 |
[50:52] | Well, this is you, no? | 喔 这是你 对吧 |
[50:55] | Yes, um… | 是的 恩… |
[50:58] | Or a version of me. I’d really appreciate it if you… | 或者说是曾经的我 我会非常感激你的如果你… |
[51:01] | “she woke up with the taste of blood in her mouth. | “她口中含着血腥味醒来 |
[51:03] | The memory of the night before hit her full force. | 昨晚发生的一切又在她脑海中撞击 |
[51:06] | Inexorable. | 是这样的无情 |
[51:07] | Swift. | 这样的突然 |
[51:09] | Like fast water moving over rocks… | 就像掠过石头的湍流 |
[51:11] | – …she was concerned that… – please stop. | -…她忧心忡忡…” -请不要再念了 |
[51:16] | Yeah, that was my thing. That kind of fiercely lyrical fiction. | 是的 那是我的作品 是那种跌宕起伏的抒情小说 |
[51:21] | I got scholarships for it. | 我靠它拿到了奖学金 |
[51:23] | I was considered to be kind of an up-and-comer. | 我以前想过当创作新星 |
[51:27] | I loved writing. | 我以前很热爱写作 |
[51:29] | I still do. | 我现在依然热爱 |
[51:31] | It’s just, you know, when you have kids… | 只是 你知道 当你有了孩子… |
[51:39] | I still write. Sort of. | 我仍然写作 就算是吧 |
[51:42] | On more, um… everyday topics. | 探讨更 恩… 生活化的话题 |
[51:46] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[51:51] | How come you’re being so nice to me? | 你怎么会对我这么好呢 |
[51:55] | I saw you go to that woman next door. | 我看见你去探望隔壁的那位妇人 |
[51:57] | I saw you give her that juice, very easily. | 我看见你给她果汁 真自然 |
[51:59] | Very selflessly. | 真无私 |
[52:01] | Why can’t I be nice, too? | 为什么我不能也友善点呢 |
[52:04] | Besides, you’re very pretty. | 而且 你很漂亮诶 |
[52:09] | – Tell me something else. – About what? | -再跟我说点别的 -说什么 |
[52:12] | About being a writer. | 说当作家的事 |
[52:17] | I used to write record reviews when I was first in college, | 我在大学时写过乐评 |
[52:21] | and after I graduated, for these little downtown newspapers, | 毕业之后 为些城市小报写文章 |
[52:26] | None of which really exist anymore, | 这些报纸已经都不存在了 |
[52:29] | to get free albums. | 写乐评就是为了得到免费的专辑 |
[52:33] | Vinyl! | 唱片 |
[52:38] | Now I’m really dating myself. | 现在我也就只跟自己约会了 |
[52:43] | I mean, Avie was really into music. | 我是说 艾弗里对音乐很入迷 |
[52:45] | He turned me on to lots of bands. | 因为他我才喜欢上很多乐队 |
[52:47] | I mean, some you’ve heard of and probably some you never have. | 有些你听说过 有些你也许从没听过 |
[52:51] | Like what? | 比如? |
[52:51] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[52:55] | You play me something. | 给我放点什么听吧 |
[52:59] | Really? | 真的要听? |
[53:00] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[53:02] | Um… okay. | 呃…那好 |
[53:15] | – You wanna hear something great? – Yeah. | -你想听点很棒的音乐吗 -想 |
[53:42] | So spare and basic. It’s Pylon. | 如此自由纯粹 是塔门乐队的 |
[53:47] | Turn it up! | 开大点! |
[53:49] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不行 |
[53:49] | My downstairs neighbors have this hideous tool, | 楼下的邻居有个烦人的工具 |
[53:52] | And they’ll just start banging on the pipes. | 他们会大声敲管子抗议的 |
[53:53] | Who cares? | 才不在乎呢 |
[55:26] | Fantastic! | 太棒了! |
[55:29] | It’s great. | 是很不错 |
[55:37] | Oh, look, I gotta get things finished up around here | 我得在我老公回来之前 |
[55:41] | before my husband gets back. | 把这里的事情弄完 |
[55:45] | But you’ve been a real life-saver. | 不过你真是我的救世主 |
[55:49] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[55:50] | Absolutely. | 毫无疑问 |
[55:53] | Well, I’d love to read your fiction sometime. | 有机会我想读你的小说 |
[55:57] | Do you have anything more recent? | 你最近有写过什么吗 |
[55:59] | No, not at the present moment. | 没有 目前还没 |
[56:02] | No, at the present moment, my life is… extremely reality-based. | 没有 目前我的生活 完全以现实为中心 |
[56:11] | But I do plan to get back to it at some point. | 但我确有计划在某个时候回到过去 |
[56:15] | No, I mean, I will. | 不是 我是说 我会 |
[56:17] | As my favorite grad school professor used to say, | 正如我最喜欢的研究生导师曾经说过的 |
[56:21] | “there is no ‘try,’ there is only ‘do’ and ‘do not.”‘ | 世上没有”尝试” 只有”为”与”不为” |
[56:34] | Well, Mikesh, it’s been incredibly nice to meet you. | 米卡什 遇到你实在是太愉快了 |
[56:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[57:36] | I cannot believe you! | 我真没想到 |
[57:38] | What, Sheila? What is it? What did I do? | 怎么了 希拉 什么事 我做了什么 |
[57:41] | Do you have absolutely no sense of boundaries whatsoever? | 你完全一点分寸感都没有吗 |
[57:44] | What are you talking about? | 你指的是什么啊 |
[57:45] | You used my name! You used my real name! | 你用了我的名字 你竟然用了我的真名! |
[57:49] | Everyone who knows us is now gonna know! | 每个认识我们的人现在都会知道了 |
[57:51] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[57:53] | Do you have any idea how embarrassing that is? | 你一点都不知道那有多丢脸吗 |
[57:54] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[57:55] | I’m here! | 我在这 |
[57:56] | Sheila, Sheila! Hold on, I’m coming down! | 希拉 希拉 等一下 我马上下来 |
[57:59] | No, don’t come down! Don’t bother! | 不用 别下来! 别费心了 |
[58:01] | Are you so hard up for something to say that you have to use | 你就这么文思枯竭以至于一定要 |
[58:04] | one of your closest friends’ most personal and private experiences | 写出自己闺蜜的最隐私的个人经历 |
[58:08] | just to make yourself seem more clever and insightful? | 就为了让自己显得更聪明睿智吗 |
[58:11] | Oh, Christ! Sheila, I didn’t mean to! | 哦 天啊 希拉 我不是那个意思 |
[58:14] | Yeah, but you did! | 不 你就是那个意思 |
[58:15] | It doesn’t matter, Eliza! | 你不用在乎我 艾丽莎 |
[58:17] | Oh, god, I thought other single moms would relate! | 天啊 我以为别的单身妈妈会感同身受 |
[58:19] | Oh, so wait… | 哦 等等 |
[58:20] | Now I’m your token single mom? | 现在我又成了你笔下所谓的单身妈妈了 |
[58:23] | No, no, no. Other moms, too, okay? | 不 不 不是 还有别的妈妈也会 好吗 |
[58:25] | Married moms. I mean, they can be sympathetic! | 已婚妈妈 她们都很有同情心 |
[58:27] | Oh, they can feel sorry for me, too. Well, that’s great. | 她们也觉得我可怜 这可真是太好了 |
[58:29] | So everybody can feel sorry for me! | 所以每个人都觉得我可怜 |
[58:31] | I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me! | 我不想让别人可怜我 |
[58:33] | I’m a grown-up! | 我是个成年人了 |
[58:34] | I made a grown-up choice! | 我自己做出得选择 |
[58:36] | And by the way, married women don’t | 而且顺便说一句 已婚女人 |
[58:37] | have a whole lot of sex either… | 也不是经常做爱… |
[58:39] | …and you should bloody know! | …你最好知道 |
[58:40] | I just… I’m coming down! Just hold on! | 我只是…我马上下来 就等一下 |
[58:44] | Don’t come down, I’m lea… I’ve gotta go and get the kids. | 不要下来 我要走了 我得去接孩子们 |
[58:46] | No, Sheila! | 等等 希拉 |
[58:50] | Sheila, are you still bringing Clara? | 希拉 你还会接克莱拉吧 |
[58:53] | Because if you don’t, | 因为如果不的话 |
[58:55] | then I’ve gotta arrange with Avery and… | 那我得和艾弗里协调一下然后… |
[58:56] | Of course I’m still bringing Clara. What do you think? | 当然我还会接克莱拉 你在想什么啊 |
[59:01] | You think I’m gonna punish a child | 你以为我会惩罚一个 |
[59:03] | on her almost birthday, | 将过生日的孩子吗 |
[59:05] | just ’cause her mother’s got a big fucking mouth | 就因为她妈妈大嘴巴 |
[59:07] | And no sense of discretion? | 而且没有责任感 |
[59:08] | Sheila, just please, just don’t judge me, okay? | 希拉 求你 就别审判我了 好吗 |
[59:13] | I mean, it’s not your job. | 我是说 你又不是干这个的 |
[59:14] | I’m sorry, okay? | 我很抱歉 好吗 |
[59:16] | I mean, I’m… I made a mistake! | 我是说 我… 我错了 |
[59:18] | Yeah, you sure bloody did, babe! | 当然 你大错特错 宝贝 |
[59:59] | 陈词滥调 你还能做得更好 | |
[1:00:03] | 艾丽莎 你到底想表达什么 | |
[1:00:42] | Seriously? | 有没有搞错 |
[1:01:27] | Eliza… | 艾丽莎 |
[1:02:25] | Eliza? | 艾丽莎 |
[1:02:29] | Eliza! | 艾丽莎 |
[1:02:44] | What? | 你想怎么样 |
[1:02:45] | What the hell? | 到底怎么了 |
[1:02:45] | Why do you keep hanging up on me, Eliza? | 你为什么一直挂我电话 艾丽莎 |
[1:02:49] | I’m not Eliza. | 我不是艾丽莎 |
[1:02:50] | No, no, this is that woman who only knows how to be banal, right? | 我就是个只知道怎么显得没内涵的女人 |
[1:02:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[1:02:55] | If you don’t even remember writing that, Avery, | 你都不记得自己那么写得 艾弗里 |
[1:02:57] | I’m not only leaving town, I’m filing for divorce right now. | 我不只是离开市区 我在提议离婚 |
[1:03:01] | Leaving town? | 离开市区 |
[1:03:02] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[1:03:02] | I just turned… | 我刚转弯 |
[1:03:03] | I’m on… I’m on… | 我在…我在… |
[1:03:05] | You’re breaking… you’re breaking up. | 你在分…你在跟我分手 |
[1:03:11] | I can’t hear you. You’re breaking… | 我听不清 你在跟我分… |
[1:03:13] | There’s a cop, Avery! I don’t want a ticket! | 后面有个警察 艾弗里 我不想被开罚单 |
[1:03:15] | We can’t afford another ticket! | 我们再付不起另一张罚单了 |
[1:03:17] | Okay, I know, I know. | 没事 我知道 我知道 |
[1:03:18] | Look, Eliza, you can’t leave town. | 听着 艾丽莎 你不能走 |
[1:03:21] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[1:03:23] | Why are you so upset? | 你在郁闷什么 |
[1:03:25] | You told me to be honest about that thing. | 你跟我说要实话实说的 |
[1:03:27] | Well, there’s honest, | 是 有的很诚恳 |
[1:03:28] | and then there’s debilitating, Avery. | 但有些太令人沮丧了 艾弗里 |
[1:03:29] | And apparently you don’t know the difference. | 而且很显然你不知道他们的区别 |
[1:03:31] | Maybe I don’t know the difference. | 也许我也不知道他们的区别 |
[1:03:33] | I mean, just ask Sheila. | 要不干脆问希拉吧 |
[1:03:34] | Her opinion of me is not much better than yours at this point. | 在这一点上她对我的看法不比你的好 |
[1:03:37] | What does Sheila have to do with this? | 这关希拉什么事 |
[1:03:39] | Don’t even ask. I have to steer. | 别问了 我还要开车呢 |
[1:03:41] | You know, you used to | 我是说 你以前不是 |
[1:03:42] | like it when I was tough on you. | 很喜欢我对你刻薄点吗 |
[1:03:43] | You wanted me to do that. | 是你希望我这样的 |
[1:03:45] | Well, somehow “tough” got a whole lot less appealing today… | 可是现在 不太需要”刻薄”了 |
[1:03:48] | …when I had to run around absorbing an entire’s city worth | 加上我还要应对生活中大大小小 |
[1:03:50] | Of random hostility. | 所有的烦事 |
[1:03:51] | Well, it’s not like you don’t radiate your own. | 听上去你也很刻薄 |
[1:03:53] | The point is, I had something to write. | 关键是 我想写一些东西 |
[1:03:55] | Something important to me, | 一些对我很重要的东西 |
[1:03:56] | if not to you. | 虽然不见得对你重要 |
[1:03:58] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[1:03:58] | So why did you go shopping with your friends? | 那你为什么还去跟你的朋友们购物 |
[1:04:00] | Because it was the last day of the sample sale! | 因为那是试用甩卖的最后一天 |
[1:04:03] | And I got a 380-dollar dress for 40 dollars! | 比如买一件380元的衣服我只用了40元 |
[1:04:05] | That’s why, Avery! | 那就是为什么 艾弗里 |
[1:04:07] | Maybe I should just give it all up and wear Mom jeans. | 难不成我放弃所有这些 天天穿妈妈裤 |
[1:04:10] | What the hell are Mom jeans? | 妈妈裤是什么 |
[1:04:12] | It’s not like you’d notice, anyway. | 算了 反正你也不关心 |
[1:04:14] | You wanna know one of the few benefits of 9/11? | 你想知道911灾难其中的一个好处吗 |
[1:04:17] | Excellent cell phone reception in the tunnels. | 就是在隧道里面信号也超级好 |
[1:04:19] | Okay, Eliza? | 好了 艾丽莎 |
[1:04:21] | Just stop, okay? And listen to me. | 先等一下 听我说 |
[1:04:23] | This isn’t funny, really. | 这不好笑 真的 |
[1:04:25] | What is Clara gonna say when she gets home and you’re not there? | 克莱拉到家一看你不在家 她怎么办 |
[1:04:28] | What does she care? | 她才不管呢 |
[1:04:29] | She’s got her goody bags full of plastic crap | 她有装满塑料玩具的大礼包 |
[1:04:32] | I bought against my better judgment. | 我费了很大努力说服自己买的 |
[1:04:34] | She’s got her cake with the misspelled name… | 她那个拼错名字的蛋糕 |
[1:04:36] | …which I corrected myself. | 我也自己改过来了 |
[1:04:38] | She’s got her purple cups and plastic forks. | 她有她喜欢的紫色杯子和塑料叉子了 |
[1:04:41] | What does she need me for? | 她还需要我干什么 |
[1:04:42] | Are you serious? | 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[1:04:44] | I’m not only serious, | 不仅仅是认真的 |
[1:04:45] | I’m in Jersey. | 而且现在我已经到新泽西了 |
[1:04:48] | You’re in wh…? | 你在哪 |
[1:04:49] | Hold on, wait. | 别挂电话 等等 |
[1:04:51] | – Whoa, whoa, whoa! – What? | -天呢 天呢 -怎么了 |
[1:04:52] | – Oh, my god! – What? | -哦 天呢 -什么事 |
[1:04:53] | I think he swallowed something. | 我觉得他吞了什么东西 |
[1:04:55] | – Hey, hey! – Swallowed what? | -嗨 嗨 -吞了什么 |
[1:04:56] | Avery! Avery, what did he swallow? | 艾弗里 艾弗里 他吞了什么 |
[1:04:58] | I think he’s choking! | 我觉得他被什么东西噎住了 |
[1:05:00] | Avery, don’t push your finger in his throat! | 艾弗里 不要用你的指头抠 |
[1:05:01] | You can stick it down further! | 越抠越往里走 |
[1:05:03] | Yeah, right! well, what do I do? | 嗯 知道了 那我该怎么办 |
[1:05:04] | Yeah, well, we took that class together, | 哦 我们不是一块上过那个课吗 |
[1:05:06] | don’t you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[1:05:06] | No, no, I don’t remember. What do I…? | 不 不 我不记得了 我该 |
[1:05:08] | You have to stay calm. Avery, | 先冷静下来 艾弗里 |
[1:05:10] | please, please, just… | 求求你了 先 |
[1:05:11] | Put him over your knee. | 把他反抱在膝盖上 |
[1:05:12] | I can’t get him out of the stroller. | 怎么把他从婴儿车里抱出来 |
[1:05:13] | Put him over your knee and hit him three times on his back! | 把他靠在膝盖上 敲三下背部 |
[1:05:16] | What do I do now? I got him on my knee. | 我现在该做什么 我正抱着他在腿上 |
[1:05:17] | Hit him firmly on the back three times! | 往他背部重重的敲三下 |
[1:05:20] | Okay, hold on. | 好的 等一下 |
[1:05:21] | Oh, god! come on! Just spit it out, all right? | 哦 天呢 快点 快吐出来 好不好 |
[1:05:24] | Avery! I can’t hear you! | 艾弗里 我听不见你说话 |
[1:05:25] | Come on! come on, Lucas! | 快点 快点 卢卡斯 |
[1:05:26] | Spit it out, spit it out! | 吐出来 吐出来 |
[1:05:27] | Avery? What are you doing? | 艾弗里 你在干什么 |
[1:05:29] | Avery? | 艾弗里 |
[1:05:30] | Shit! shit, shit, shit! | 妈的 妈的 |
[1:05:37] | Oh, lucas! Lucas, I’m coming! | 哦 卢卡斯 卢卡斯 我来了 |
[1:05:40] | Oh, my god! Lucas! oh, my god! | 哦 天呢 卢卡斯 哦 天呢 |
[1:05:43] | I’m coming! | 我来了 |
[1:05:43] | Yeah, it’s fine. It came out. | 好了 一切都好了 吐出来 |
[1:05:45] | It’s fine, it was just a lollipop in… | 好了 就是一块棒棒糖 |
[1:05:48] | It’s all right. | 现在好了 |
[1:06:00] | What could possibly possess you | 你怎么能给一个 |
[1:06:03] | To give a toddler a known choking hazard? | 刚刚会走路的孩子这么容易卡壳的东西呢 |
[1:06:06] | Don’t lecture me, Eliza. | 不要跟我说教 艾丽莎 |
[1:06:09] | I could just as easily lecture you. | 我也一样可以跟你说教 |
[1:06:10] | Really? For what? For doing all the idiotic errands? | 真的吗 说我什么 说我干的事白痴? |
[1:06:14] | For listening to mothers in the park | 说我整天听公园里那些 |
[1:06:15] | who need to be medicated? | 需要药物治疗的母亲们唠叨吗 |
[1:06:17] | While you get to go to work with real adults | 而你才是整天跟正常人工作 |
[1:06:20] | and have normal adult conversation. | 跟正常人谈话? |
[1:06:22] | Oh, yeah, like having Morris ream me out | 是吗 就像莫里斯说我不该 |
[1:06:24] | because I had to leave work | 只为了照顾卢卡斯 |
[1:06:25] | to take care of Lucas? | 就放弃工作 |
[1:06:26] | You mean those kind of normal, | 这就是你说的那种正常的 |
[1:06:28] | adult conversations? | 成人跟成人之间的谈话 |
[1:06:30] | You got an envelope at home today, by the way. | 顺便说一下 今天有你的一封信 |
[1:06:34] | Some messenger guy delivered it. | 一个邮递员送来的 |
[1:06:37] | Oh, yeah, right. | 是吗 |
[1:06:41] | He… | 他 |
[1:06:44] | He helped me carry my bags upstairs, | 是他帮我把购物袋提上去的 |
[1:06:47] | And so I let him come in for a while. | 所以我让他到家里坐了坐 |
[1:06:50] | You what? | 你什么 |
[1:06:50] | I let him come in, | 我让他到家坐了坐 |
[1:06:52] | and he blew up balloons. | 人家还帮我吹得气球 |
[1:06:56] | You let a messenger come into our apartment | 你让一个邮递员到我们家去了 |
[1:06:59] | and decorate for our daughter’s birthday? | 还帮我们女儿准备生日宴会 |
[1:07:02] | His name was Mikesh, and he was just being nice. | 他叫米卡什 他人很好 |
[1:07:09] | He looked at me like I was a person | 起码他还把我当人 |
[1:07:12] | who might still have something worthwhile to say. | 尊重而且愿意聆听我所说的 |
[1:07:17] | I always tell you that you have something worthwhile to say. | 我也一直很尊重你所说的啊 |
[1:07:20] | You… | 你 |
[1:07:21] | You need a stranger to tell you that? | 你还需要一个陌生人来告诉你这个吗 |
[1:07:24] | Was he good-looking or…? | 他是不是长的很帅 还是 |
[1:07:31] | He looked at me like I might still be somebody worth looking at. | 他看我的眼神让我觉得自己还值得被欣赏 |
[1:07:39] | How could you not know that you’re worth looking at? | 你怎么会认为你不值得欣赏呢 |
[1:07:50] | Were you attracted to him? | 你喜欢他对吗 |
[1:07:54] | Were you? | 是不是 |
[1:07:58] | It’s just that you never look at me that way anymore, Avery. | 问题是你再也没用那种眼神看过我 艾弗里 |
[1:08:07] | Do you look at me that way? | 你有用那种眼神看我吗 |
[1:08:10] | No, not really. Not enough. | 没 也没 我也做的不够 |
[1:08:20] | But I still love you, Avery. | 但我还是爱你的 艾弗里 |
[1:08:22] | I really love you, but… | 我真的还很爱你 但是 |
[1:08:25] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[1:08:28] | It’s just that | 只是 |
[1:08:32] | every day from the second I wake up | 每天从我醒的那一刻起 |
[1:08:35] | till the second I pass out cold, | 直到我休息睡着的那一刻 |
[1:08:39] | my day, like the day of almost every other mother I know, | 我这一天 就像其她母亲的每一天一样 |
[1:08:41] | is made up of a series of concrete, specific actions. | 充满太多具体特定的小事了 |
[1:08:48] | And they’re actions that kind of | 而这些事情让人 |
[1:08:51] | wear away at passion, | 渐渐麻木 不再拥有激情 |
[1:08:53] | if you know what I mean. | 如果你知道我在说什么 |
[1:08:56] | The actions are petty and small like… | 这些事情都是些琐碎细小的 |
[1:08:58] | like refilling coffee cups or folding underwear. | 比如冲咖啡或叠内衣之类的 |
[1:09:04] | But they accumulate in this really debilitating way | 每天不断的削弱我 |
[1:09:09] | that diminishes my ability to focus on almost anything else. | 让我没有任何精力去关注其它事 |
[1:09:15] | Bigger things like, | 比如思考一些东西 |
[1:09:17] | you know, ideas or… | 你知道 或者有什么想法 |
[1:09:20] | …politics or dreams of a better life. | 关心政事或憧憬更美好的生活 |
[1:09:27] | Well, what would be a better life? | 那什么是更好的生活呢 |
[1:09:34] | It wasn’t always my ambition | 那这也不是我的理想啊 |
[1:09:36] | to supervise a team of fatuous liberal arts graduates | 去监管一些愚蠢的文科毕业生 |
[1:09:42] | and edit their copy about traveling | 还修改他们关于旅行的一些看法 |
[1:09:44] | to places that we can’t afford to visit. | 而那些地方我们根本去不起 |
[1:09:49] | When we had Clara, | 当我们有了克莱拉后 |
[1:09:50] | I got a job with healthcare | 我找了一份医疗保健的工作 |
[1:09:55] | and a little bit of flexibility. | 好让自己更有余力 |
[1:09:57] | It was a decision that we made. | 那是我们共同的决定 |
[1:09:59] | We made the decision together. | 我们一块做出的那个选择 |
[1:10:02] | So I got a job that I can tolerate. | 所以我找了一份我还可以容忍的工作 |
[1:10:05] | No more, no less. | 也无怨无悔 |
[1:10:12] | You’re not the only one who’s made sacrifices, Eliza. | 做出牺牲的不仅仅是你一个人 艾丽莎 |
[1:10:17] | Well, that still doesn’t explain | 但 那仍然不能解释为什么 |
[1:10:18] | why you can’t pick up your socks. | 你连自己的袜子都不捡起来 |
[1:10:20] | What do my socks have to do with it? | 这关我的袜子什么事 |
[1:10:22] | Your socks have everything to do with it! | 这当然有关了 |
[1:10:29] | Eliza, all I wanted you to do in that piece | 艾丽莎 我所期望的一切就是希望你 |
[1:10:35] | was to stop hiding behind irony | 别再说反话了 |
[1:10:39] | because it comes so easily to you. | 这对你来说很容易 |
[1:10:45] | I want to know what you really think. | 我想知道你的真实想法 |
[1:10:50] | I want to know what you really feel. | 我想知道你真正的内心感受 |
[1:10:54] | What makes you want to live a life with passion, | 到底是什么让你去向往富有激情的生活 |
[1:11:01] | no matter how many socks you have to pick up. | 不管你必须去捡多少双袜子 |
[1:11:09] | What about that? | 到底是什么 |
[1:11:39] | Come on, Coupon. | 快点 库邦 |
[1:11:40] | Come on, get out. | 快点 出去 |
[1:11:44] | Does Coupon have to be out here? | 库邦必须要待在外面吗 |
[1:11:46] | Ah, no, but Bodhi just tripped over him. | 哦 不 但是柏蒂刚刚让它绊倒了 |
[1:11:50] | Oh, is that Bodhi crying? | 哦 那是柏蒂在哭吗 |
[1:11:53] | Yeah, it is. | 是 |
[1:11:54] | Is Lily crying back in his face? | 莉丽也跟他一块儿哭吗 |
[1:11:56] | Unfortunately, yes. | 很不幸 是 |
[1:12:02] | Did Sheila come back? | 希拉有没有回来 |
[1:12:04] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[1:12:06] | Don’t worry. | 不要担心 |
[1:12:11] | You were right, you know? | 你是对的 你知道吗 |
[1:12:12] | Unbelievable. | 不可思议 |
[1:12:14] | About what? | 什么不可思议 |
[1:12:16] | About this. | 这个 |
[1:12:18] | But I think I figured it out. | 但是我觉得我知道该怎么做了 |
[1:12:20] | I just need a little more time to… | 我只是还需要一点点时间 |
[1:12:21] | A couple more minutes, and I’ll be done. | 再有几分钟 我就能完成了 |
[1:12:26] | Everything’s under control in here. | 这里一切事尽在掌控中 |
[1:12:35] | Okay, and… | 好的 |
[1:12:41] | Mom, everybody wants cake now. | 妈妈 大家想要吃蛋糕了 |
[1:12:43] | And there has to be six purple candles | 而且要有6只紫色的蜡烛 |
[1:12:44] | and one number six candle. | 还要有一个6型的蜡烛 |
[1:12:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:12:49] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:12:52] | What are you writing? | 你在写什么 |
[1:12:56] | Just this thing. | 没什么 |
[1:12:58] | It has to be done by midnight. | 但我必须要在午夜前赶出来 |
[1:13:00] | It’s kind of important. | 还挺重要的 |
[1:13:01] | It means mommy might get a real job. | 妈妈说不定还能找份好工作呢 |
[1:13:04] | But I don’t want you to get a real job. | 但我不想你找份好工作 |
[1:13:06] | Why not? It’s good when mommies work. | 为什么不想 妈妈工作有什么不好的 |
[1:13:10] | It keeps mommies happy. | 那能让妈妈感到更快乐 |
[1:13:12] | It keeps them from being mean, nasty, yelling mommies. | 就不会天天自私自利 大吼大叫了 |
[1:13:15] | What about daddies? | 那爸爸呢 |
[1:13:17] | Should daddies not work, too? | 爸爸是不是也不应该去工作啊 |
[1:13:19] | Why moms and not dads, hmm? | 为什么妈妈不去 而爸爸要去工作呢 |
[1:13:22] | Enlighten me. | 告诉我 |
[1:13:23] | ‘Cause moms do everything. | 因为妈妈什么事都做 |
[1:13:26] | Dads only do some things. | 而爸爸只做一部分 |
[1:13:28] | It’s different. | 是不一样的 |
[1:13:30] | Oh, hi, Lady. | 哦 你好 拉蒂 |
[1:13:36] | Mom, for my seventh birthday, can I get a cat? | 妈妈 我过7岁生日时能不能养一只猫 |
[1:13:40] | Mom, can I? | 妈妈 行不行 |
[1:13:42] | Lady? Lady, where are you? | 拉蒂 拉蒂 你在哪呢 |
[1:13:46] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[1:13:47] | “Maybe” is the best I can do, okay? | “也许” 我暂时只能这样回答你 |
[1:13:51] | No peeking! | 不许偷看 |
[1:13:57] | Here it comes! | 来了 |
[1:14:30] | Are ya 1? | 你1岁了吗 |
[1:14:32] | Are ya 2? | 2岁了吗 |
[1:14:33] | Are ya 3? | 3岁了吗 |
[1:14:35] | Are ya 4? | 4岁了吗 |
[1:14:37] | Are ya 5? | 还是5岁了 |
[1:14:38] | Noooooooo! | 都不是 |
[1:14:40] | You’re 6! | 你6岁了 |
[1:14:42] | You’re 6! | 你6岁了 |
[1:15:03] | Squeeze her again! | 再去挤她 |
[1:15:09] | Oh, come on, you moron! | 哦 别这样 你个白痴 |
[1:15:12] | It’s not even 7:00! | 现在还不到7点 |
[1:15:14] | It’s a little girl’s birthday party! | 这是一个小女孩的生日宴会 |
[1:15:17] | Clara, Clara, | 克莱拉 克莱拉 |
[1:15:19] | can you turn it down just a little? | 你能把这个调声音小点吗 |
[1:15:23] | The parties we used to | 我们以前也经常 |
[1:15:24] | have in this building, dear. | 在这栋楼里开舞会 亲爱的 |
[1:15:26] | I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[1:15:28] | Everyone would drink gin and smoke reefer | 大家都喝杜松子酒 吸大麻烟 |
[1:15:34] | and dance and talk until dawn. | 边聊边跳一直到黎明 |
[1:15:40] | We used to argue a lot, too. | 我们还经常吵架 |
[1:15:42] | This was a very political crowd, | 那其实就是一个政党团体 |
[1:15:44] | very serious about their positions, | 大家都很关心自己的地位 |
[1:15:47] | don’t you know. | 你也许不知道 |
[1:15:49] | No one would have dreamed of complaining then. | 那时大家还不知道抱怨 |
[1:15:57] | Clara, crank it up! | 克莱拉 再用点力 |
[1:16:00] | Come on, everybody, let’s jump! | 快点 大家 使劲跳 |
[1:16:02] | Jump as hard as you can! jump up and down! | 尽最大努力跳 使劲跳 |
[1:16:05] | Jump, jump, jump! | 跳 跳 跳 |
[1:16:09] | Come on, everybody, let’s go! | 快点 大家 动起来 |
[1:16:21] | So your party’s a big success. | 看起来你的派对还挺成功啊 |
[1:16:26] | Well, until someone starts bleeding, I’d have to agree. | 我也这么认为 如果没有人受伤的话 |
[1:16:32] | Sheila, I just… | 希拉 我只是 |
[1:16:38] | I am so incredibly sorry I hurt you. | 不小心伤害到你我实在是太抱歉了 |
[1:16:42] | Look, I do remember uttering the distinct phrase, | 我当时语气很坚决的要求 |
[1:16:45] | “this does not leave this room.” | “不要对外透漏” |
[1:16:48] | And by that I meant, | 也就是说 |
[1:16:50] | “do not use this episode for your own ends.” | “不要用这个故事来做文章” |
[1:16:57] | Be that as it may, | 说到这 |
[1:16:58] | we always promised that we’d tell each other | 我们都许诺过生气的时候 |
[1:17:00] | the minute we got pissed off, | 一定要告诉对方 |
[1:17:02] | and that’s just what I did. | 我说到做到 |
[1:17:06] | All right, steady on, steady on. Hair on the lip gloss. | 好了 淡定 淡定 唇膏上粘上头发了 |
[1:17:09] | I was just telling you when I was pissed off | 我只是想在我生气地时候 |
[1:17:11] | when it actually happened. | 告诉你我确实很生气 |
[1:17:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:17:15] | You were just so funny about it, you know? | 你当时看起来太搞笑了 你知道吗 |
[1:17:19] | I just… | 我只是 |
[1:17:21] | I didn’t think. | 我没想太多 |
[1:17:23] | Oh, but you always have to think, Eliza. | 但是你必须要仔细想好 艾丽莎 |
[1:17:27] | Oh, bloody hell. | 哦 见鬼 |
[1:17:30] | My midwife told me if I carry on eating sugar | 我的助产师告诉我 如果我还继续吃糖 |
[1:17:32] | all through my third trimester, | 一直到妊娠末3个月的话 |
[1:17:33] | I’m gonna give birth to a 10-pound behemoth, maybe 12. | 我会生一个10磅重的庞然大物 甚至12磅 |
[1:17:37] | That would be extremely uncomfortable to push out vaginally. | 顺产的时候会很痛苦 |
[1:17:40] | Don’t say “vaginally.” | 别说”顺产”这个词 |
[1:17:54] | You did a stupendous job pulling everything together today. | 你今天做的太棒了 一切都很顺利 |
[1:18:00] | I did, didn’t I? | 确实 难道不是吗 |
[1:18:04] | I hope you don’t mind, | 我希望你不要介意 |
[1:18:06] | ‘Cause I know how you feel about these things, but… | 因为我知道你会怎么想 但是 |
[1:18:10] | I did get Clara | 我的确给克莱拉买了那款 |
[1:18:12] | the purple ipod shuffle that she wanted. | 她想要的紫色苹果夹子播放器 |
[1:18:15] | You did? | 真的吗 |
[1:18:17] | That’s kind of an expensive present for a 6-year-old. | 那对一个6岁大的孩子来说太贵重了 |
[1:18:20] | I mean, it’s not really in our economy, is it? | 我是说 这不是超出我们的经济条件吗 |
[1:18:24] | It’s in our economy today. | 但今天不是 |
[1:18:28] | The envelope, came with the messenger. | 那个邮递员送来的邮件 |
[1:18:31] | Your friend, Mikesh? | 你的那个朋友 米卡什 |
[1:18:35] | You didn’t open it, did you? | 你没打开 是不是 |
[1:18:38] | It was addressed to you. | 那是你的邮件 |
[1:18:56] | This is a check for 24,000 dollars, Avery. | 这是一张2万4千美元的支票 艾弗里 |
[1:19:04] | What did you do? | 你干什么了 |
[1:19:08] | You know those books that were being thrown out today? | 你还记得那些被遗弃的书吗 |
[1:19:13] | One of them happened to be a copy of Emerson’s essays. | 其中一本恰好是艾默生的随笔 |
[1:19:17] | A first edition, which as you know, is incredibly rare. | 是第一版 你也知道 这一版非常珍贵 |
[1:19:23] | And this first edition also happened to be inscribed, | 而且这第一版碰巧是雕版的 |
[1:19:27] | which significantly upped the value, | 因此使此版价值倍增 |
[1:19:30] | So I took it to odyssey, and I sold it. | 所以我把它带到书店卖了 |
[1:19:37] | But you love Emerson. | 但你不是特别喜欢艾默生吗 |
[1:19:39] | You love that book! | 你喜欢那本书 |
[1:19:42] | You didn’t want to keep it? | 你不想收藏吗 |
[1:19:44] | Yeah, of course I wanted to keep it. | 是的 我当然想留下 |
[1:19:49] | I even had a messenger over the check. | 我还特意请了个邮递员来邮递这张支票 |
[1:19:51] | Seemed kinda classy. | 以为自己做的挺漂亮 |
[1:19:57] | I figured it’s probably enough to pay for Lucas’ preschool | 我觉得这应该够支付卢卡斯 |
[1:20:03] | for a couple of years. | 好几年了的幼儿园学费了 |
[1:20:06] | And maybe even a dishwasher. | 甚至还可以买一个洗碗机 |
[1:20:09] | Because I want you to take some time and write. | 因为我希望你能节省一点时间好来写作 |
[1:20:15] | Your “mom-oir,” whatever the hell you call it, | 你的”妈咪日记” 不管你怎么称呼 |
[1:20:19] | or something else. | 亦或其它的什么写作 |
[1:20:22] | This is… this is for you, because you… | 这是 送给你的礼物 因为你 |
[1:20:37] | Oh, Avery! | 哦 艾弗里 |
[1:21:07] | Wait, put this somewhere safe. | 等等 把这个收好 |
[1:21:11] | I’ll do it. | 我来 |
[1:21:26] | Motherhood is about accepting the limitations of time and energy, | 作为母亲就要同时间和精力作斗争 |
[1:21:30] | which stretch beyond you, | 好让你驻足喘息 |
[1:21:32] | even if sometimes it feels they could consume you. | 即使到了崩溃的边缘 |
[1:21:35] | Search for and hold on to your own true self. | 也不要迷失自我 |
[1:21:39] | If you lose that, what kind of mother can you be? | 如果你不能坚持 还算什么母亲呢 |
[1:21:44] | Things are always changing, | 事情总是在不断变化的 |
[1:21:45] | no matter how much we might want things to stay the same. | 不管我们多么想保持事物的本来面目 |
[1:21:50] | You could take a picture of your kids every single day, | 你仍然可以每天为你的孩子拍张照 |
[1:21:52] | and every single day, they’d just be getting older. | 每一天 他们都在成长 |
[1:21:58] | That’s a fact. | 这就是事实 |
[1:21:59] | A heartbreaking fact. | 一个让你难以接受的事实 |
[1:22:02] | But still a fact. | 但仍然是一个事实 |
[1:22:04] | So seize your days and dwell in them fully. | 所以争分夺秒与他们好好相处 |
[1:22:08] | Look to your children | 仔细照料你的孩子 |
[1:22:09] | Because they know how to inhabit brief periods of time | 因为他们也知道怎样用 |
[1:22:12] | with extreme passion. | 激情的火焰点燃时光 |
[1:22:14] | And for nothing more, really, than the sake of those moments. | 没有什么能胜过怀念这些美好时刻了 |
[1:22:19] | They can help you remember that, | 他们可以帮助你们铭记这些 |
[1:22:22] | if you only slow down and let them. | 只要你放慢脚步 慢慢品味 |
[1:22:30] | Feel fortunate because | 怀有一颗感恩的心因为 |
[1:22:32] | chances are good you actually might be. | 生活中充满了这么多美好的机会 |
[1:22:45] | Mommy, mommy, mommy, it’s raining outside! come quick! | 妈妈 妈妈 妈妈 快来看 外面下雨了 |
[1:22:49] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:22:53] | Come on! | 快点 |
[1:22:56] | – It’s raining outside! – It is? | -外面在下雨 -是吗 |
[1:23:00] | – It’s raining! – Wow! | -正在下 -哇 |
[1:23:01] | Lucas, go get daddy! go get daddy! | 卢卡斯 去叫你爸爸 去叫你爸爸 |
[1:23:04] | Here, sweetie, come on. | 这 宝贝 快看 |
[1:23:08] | It’s special movie rain… for your birthday. | 这是一部献给你生日的特殊雨戏 |
[1:23:17] | Whoa! oh, my god, it’s piss! | 哇 天呢 是尿啊 |
[1:23:23] | Come out of here! | 出来 |
[1:23:24] | Don’t say I didn’t warn ya! | 不要说我没警告过你啊 |
[1:23:27] | Go, Hester! | 快走 海斯特 |
[1:23:28] | Sound speed! | 速度 |
[1:23:30] | Speeding. | 再快点 |
[1:23:31] | And, action! | 开始 |
[1:23:35] | Come here! | 到这来 |
[1:23:40] | Look at the movie down there! | 看下边的正在拍摄的电影 |
[1:23:41] | Can you see it? | 你能看见吗 |
[1:23:43] | I’m soaked! | 我被打湿了 |