时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | When I put on a red pantsuit | 当我穿上一身红裤套装 |
[00:39] | and my husband doesn’t notice, | 而我丈夫甚至没注意 |
[00:42] | that’s bad. | 那可不是好事 |
[00:44] | So I watch my calories. That’s good. | 所以我会小心热量摄入 那是好事 |
[00:50] | There’s only 2 calories | 一杯充满气泡的 |
[00:51] | in a big, bubbly 8-ounce glass of Fresca. | 8盎司弗雷斯卡只有两卡路里 |
[00:54] | No sugar. No saccharinates. | 不含糖 不含糖精 |
[00:58] | It’s an honest to goodness diet soft drink. | 是非常好的减肥软饮 |
[01:02] | I like Fresca. | 我喜欢弗雷斯卡 |
[01:05] | The picture from Vietnam today is way better than yesterday. | 今天越南发来的照片要比昨天好多了 |
[01:08] | There are now four areas of… | 现在有四个区域 |
[01:10] | Good evening. Schlafly residence. | 晚上好 施拉夫利家 |
[01:11] | – Phyllis speaking. – Hello. It’s Ann | -我是菲莉丝 -你好 是安 |
[01:13] | from Oklahoma City. Ann Patterson? | 俄克拉荷马城的 安·帕特森 |
[01:18] | Oh! Ann, of course. Ann. | 安 当然了 |
[01:20] | Good to hear from you. Did you have a nice Easter? | 很高兴你能打来 你复活节过得好吗 |
[01:23] | Oh, miraculous. A true Easter resurrection. | 奇迹 真是复活节的复活奇迹 |
[01:27] | Phyllis, we did it. | 菲莉丝 我们做到了 |
[01:29] | We defeated the Equal Rights Amendment | 我们在抢先之州击败了 |
[01:32] | in the Sooner State. | 《平等权利修正案》 |
[01:34] | You did that. | 是你做到了 |
[01:35] | Well, they jammed it through the Senate | 他们在参议院靠口头表决 |
[01:36] | with just a voice vote, no hearing, | 阻挠议事了 没有听证 |
[01:38] | but we were able to keep it from being passed in the House, | 但我们得以让它没在众议院通过 |
[01:41] | and all thanks to that | 这都因为 |
[01:42] | one little article in your newsletter. | 你那篇时事通讯里的文章 |
[01:45] | I handed it to every legislator. | 我把它拿给每一位立法者看了 |
[01:48] | Oh, well, that’s swell, Ann. I couldn’t be more proud. | 太好了 安 我简直太自豪了 |
[01:51] | So now I’m thinking I should call our friends in other states | 我现在想 我该给其他州的朋友打电话 |
[01:55] | and encourage them to do the same. | 鼓励她们也这么做 |
[01:57] | It’s a winnable fight. | 这场仗我们能赢 |
[01:58] | Yes, well, in Oklahoma. | 是的 在俄克拉荷马州吧 |
[02:01] | Can you send me copies of your mailing list? | 你能把你的邮寄名单寄给我吗 |
[02:05] | Roger! | 罗杰 |
[02:06] | I’m–I’m sorry, Ann. I am gonna have to call you back. | 抱歉 安 我得回头打给你了 |
[02:09] | I have children crawling all over me. | 我的孩子都爬我身上了 |
[02:11] | – Oh, of course. – Mm-hmm. All right. | -没问题 -好 |
[02:13] | – Good to talk to you. – Okay, then– | -跟你聊天很愉快 -那好 |
[02:19] | It’s taken me years to build up my mailing list. | 我的邮寄名单我花了数年积累 |
[02:21] | That’s my network. | 那是我的网络 |
[02:23] | You know, and the fact that Ann doesn’t understand that | 而且安似乎根本不懂 |
[02:26] | suggests she doesn’t know a whole lot about politics. | 这表明她完全不理解政治 |
[02:28] | Are those Mother’s boxes? | 那是妈妈的箱子吗 |
[02:30] | Well, they–they go in the guest room. | 那个放客房 |
[02:33] | No, my–my list is valuable. | 我的名单很宝贵 |
[02:35] | I thought you said she was moving in here. | 你不是说她搬进这里住吗 |
[02:36] | No, John might move back after graduation. | 约翰毕业后可能会搬回来 |
[02:39] | No, I’m the one who developed the arguments in my newsletter. | 是我写出了时事通讯里的论点 |
[02:43] | All she did was hand it out. | 而她不过是递了出去 |
[02:46] | I’m supposed to let her run with it. | 难道我就任她那么做吗 |
[02:48] | Well, if you’re gonna run with it, | 如果你要做 |
[02:49] | you better do it fast | 可得赶快 |
[02:50] | before it’s ratified in your home state | 否则它要在你的家乡州获得批准了 |
[02:52] | and you lose all credibility. | 你就别想立足了 |
[02:55] | That would be an embarrassment. | 那是太丢人了 |
[02:59] | I wanted to stay in St. Louis, | 我想留在圣路易斯 |
[03:01] | and you had to drag me across the Mississippi. | 你偏要拖着我穿过密西西比河 |
[03:04] | It’s a better view of the Mississippi, | 这里的密西西比河更好看 |
[03:05] | and I dragged you? | 是我拖你了吗 |
[03:08] | Well, you saved me. | 你救了我 |
[03:14] | I am gonna have to stop the ERA being ratified here. | 我要阻止《平权修正案》在这里获得批准 |
[03:17] | Well, Illinois is not Oklahoma. | 伊利诺伊州不是俄克拉荷马州 |
[03:20] | No, yeah, yeah, it’s a long shot. | 没错 可能性是不大 |
[03:23] | 艾德莱是民主党人 曾获民主党总统候选人提名 | |
[03:23] | It’s the home of Adlai Stevenson | 这里是艾德莱·史蒂文森[政治家] |
[03:24] | 戴利的芝加哥机器是一个组织 正式名字叫库克郡民主党组织 | |
[03:24] | and Daley’s Chicago machine. | 和戴利那台芝加哥机器的大本营 |
[03:26] | Well, you–you never know. Um, you know, the one thing | 但世事难料 而且对我有利的是 |
[03:29] | I’ve got going for me is the feminists think it’s settled. | 女权主义者认为这事已经板上钉钉 |
[03:33] | They–They’re not expecting a fight. | 她们没想着会有人抵抗 |
[03:35] | The other thing you’ve got going for you is, uh, | 另一件对你有利的事是 |
[03:38] | no one likes feminists, not even liberals. | 没人喜欢女权主义者 包括自由党人 |
[03:42] | Oh, that’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[03:45] | They’re no fun. | 他们可没意思了 |
[05:22] | Wouldn’t you attract a wider readership | 如果你这样做不是会吸引更多读者吗 |
[05:24] | if you put Jane Fonda or Lauren Hutton | 把简·方达或劳伦·赫顿 |
[05:26] | on the very first cover | 放在封面 |
[05:27] | instead of this octopus lady with face paint? | 而不是这位脸上涂满油彩的章鱼女士 |
[05:30] | It is not an octopus lady. It is the Hindu goddess Kali, | 这位可不是章鱼女士 她是印度女神迦梨 |
[05:33] | and those are tears streaming down her face | 脸上的是她流下的泪水 |
[05:36] | because she has to juggle all the demands | 因为她得同时应付 |
[05:37] | of her work and marriage. | 工作和婚姻的需求 |
[05:39] | If “Ms.” is almost exclusively written | 如果《女士杂志》的作者 受众及内容 |
[05:41] | by, for, and about women, | 几乎都是女性 |
[05:43] | isn’t it as one-dimensional as “Playboy”? | 那不就和《花花公子》一样片面吗 |
[05:46] | Is that a serious question? | 你这问题是认真的吗 |
[05:48] | You don’t think that’s a drag? | 你不觉得这很乏味吗 |
[05:49] | I think “Playboy” is a drag. | 我觉得《花花公子》才乏味 |
[05:51] | Are you worried that the provocative ad on abortion | 你是否担心煽动堕胎的广告 |
[05:54] | will alienate women in the middle of America? | 会疏远美国中部的女性 |
[05:57] | A majority of people in this country | 这个国家的大多数人 |
[05:59] | support every woman’s right to control her own body. | 都支持每个女性支配自己身体的权利 |
[06:02] | Until we have that right, | 除非我们拥有这一权利 |
[06:04] | we can never truly be equal. | 否则谈不上真正的平等 |
[06:06] | Thank you, everyone. Thank you. | 谢谢大家 谢谢 |
[06:08] | Ms. Steinem! Ms. Steinem! | 斯坦奈姆小姐 斯坦奈姆小姐 |
[06:37] | They were itty-bitty, so I got two. | 酒杯很小 所以我拿了两杯 |
[06:41] | – Look. – Oh, Gloria! | -瞧 -格洛丽娅 |
[06:43] | I walked past Andy Warhol. He didn’t even say hello. | 我刚经过安迪·沃霍尔 他连招呼都没打一声 |
[06:46] | You did represent Valerie Solanas. | 谁让你当了瓦莱丽·索拉纳斯的律师 |
[06:50] | Not that well. The girl got three years. | 我也不怎么称职 那女孩被判了三年 |
[06:53] | What did that taxi driver in Boston say to us… | 波士顿那个出租车司机怎么说的来着… |
[06:55] | – Ms. Steinem… – …about if men got pregnant? | -斯坦奈姆小姐 -如果男人怀孕 |
[06:59] | “If men could get pregnant, | “如果男人能怀孕 |
[07:00] | abortion would be a sacrament.” | 堕胎就会是圣礼” |
[07:02] | I couldn’t remember it. | 我记不得了 |
[07:04] | You should put a pregnant Nixon on your next cover. | 你下一本封面应该放怀孕的尼克松 |
[07:08] | I’m putting Shirley on my next cover. | 我下一本封面要放谢丽 |
[07:10] | I will drink to that. | 我要为此喝一杯 |
[07:14] | Ms. Steinem, can I ask you one last question, | 斯坦奈姆小姐 我能问你最后一个问题吗 |
[07:17] | if you don’t mind? | 如果你不介意 |
[07:18] | Uh, Betty Friedan, in a speech yesterday said, | 贝蒂·弗莱顿昨天在一次演讲中说道 |
[07:20] | “Gloria has never been part | “格洛丽娅从未参与过 |
[07:22] | “of the organized women’s liberation movement. | 有组织的女性解放运动 |
[07:24] | “The media tried to make her a celebrity, | 媒体想把她捧成名人 |
[07:26] | but no one should mistake her for a leader.” | 但人们不该误以为她是领导者” |
[07:29] | Any comment? | 你对此有何回应 |
[07:32] | If I have a lot of problems with my being a leader | 如果我担任女权运动的领导者 |
[07:34] | in the women’s movement, I’m sure she has a lot more. | 有很多不足 那她一定有更多不足 |
[07:55] | Great party, Gloria. | 派对很棒 格洛丽娅 |
[08:00] | We can’t get distracted by her. | 我们不能被她转移注意力 |
[08:02] | We got a lot of momentum going into the conventions. | 我们加入大会的势头很足 |
[08:05] | The candidates recognize that we’re a real political force. | 候选人认可我们是真正的政治力量 |
[08:08] | Even McGovern’s agreed to sit down with us. | 连麦戈文都同意坐下和我们谈谈 |
[08:11] | But we need a face– a pretty face. | 但我们需要一张脸 一张漂亮的脸 |
[08:14] | Is that my only value to the movement? | 这是我对运动唯一的价值吗 |
[08:17] | No, we need your tits and ass, too. | 不 我们还需要你的奶子和屁股 |
[08:20] | I don’t want people listening to me | 我不希望人们听我说话 |
[08:21] | just because I have a pretty face. | 只是因为我有张漂亮脸蛋 |
[08:23] | I would love it if people listened to me | 我多希望人们因为我有张漂亮脸蛋 |
[08:24] | because I have a pretty face. Then I wouldn’t have to shout. | 而听我说话啊 那我就不用大喊了 |
[08:27] | Who cares why they’re listening? They’re listening. | 谁在乎他们为什么听 他们在听就行 |
[08:30] | You think Kennedy agonized over whether he beat Nixon | 你觉得肯尼迪会因为他是靠外表才战胜尼克松 |
[08:33] | because of his looks? No, he thought, | 而感到痛苦吗 不会 他心想 |
[08:35] | “I can’t believe I get to be president | “我不敢相信我做了总统 |
[08:36] | and shtup Marilyn Monroe.” | 还睡了玛丽莲·梦露” |
[08:38] | Can I get a photo with you? | 我能和你合影吗 |
[08:39] | Excuse me. We’re having a private conversation. | 抱歉 我们在私人对话呢 |
[08:46] | That was one of our biggest advertisers. | 那是我们最大的广告商之一 |
[08:48] | You wanna make abortion legal, this is how you do it. | 你想让堕胎合法 你就得这么做 |
[08:51] | Play the game. Hold McGovern’s feet to the fire. | 参与游戏 给麦戈文施加压力 |
[08:54] | Is he waffling? | 他在犹豫吗 |
[08:56] | He told me he believes it’s every woman’s personal decision. | 他跟我说他认为这是每个女人自己的决定 |
[08:59] | Well, now he believes he’s the front runner | 现在他认为他是呼声最高的参选人 |
[09:01] | and needs to move to the center to beat Nixon | 需要在大选时搬去中部 |
[09:03] | in the general election. | 才能战胜尼克松 |
[09:05] | And you wonder why I can’t stand politics? | 你还奇怪我为什么受不了政治 |
[09:09] | – Can I get back to my party now? – Go. | -我能回去参加派对了吗 -去吧 |
[09:16] | – How you doing? – All right. | -你怎么样 -还行 |
[09:27] | Can you stay over tonight? | 你今晚能留下过夜吗 |
[09:30] | Yeah, but I have to leave early. | 嗯 但我得很早离开 |
[09:32] | Got the kids in the morning. | 明早要去送孩子 |
[10:09] | – You came. – I even had time to bake. | -你来了 -我甚至有时间烘焙 |
[10:13] | Well, actually, it’s leftover from Easter. | 其实是复活节的剩菜 |
[10:17] | I won’t tell if you won’t tell. | 你不说我也不会说出去 |
[10:22] | For today’s study section, | 今天的学习主题 |
[10:24] | I chose Father Collins’ talk from our annual conference. | 我选择了神父柯林斯在我们年度大会上的演讲 |
[10:29] | It’s about the Marxist revolutionaries | 关于煽动了阿提卡监狱暴动的 |
[10:31] | who instigated the Attica prison uprising. | 马克思主义革命者 |
[10:34] | These riots are all a part of the New Left campaign | 这些暴乱全是新左派运动的一部分 |
[10:37] | to undermine American prisons. | 目的是摧毁美国监狱 |
[10:39] | The world’s going to hell in a handbag. | 世界要快速走向毁灭了 |
[10:41] | You know, I read, uh, | 我最近 |
[10:43] | recently, that Angela Davis declared | 看到新闻说安吉拉·戴维斯宣布 |
[10:46] | that if she were free, | 如果她自由了 |
[10:48] | her first goal would be to abolish America’s prison system. | 她的第一个目标就是废除美国的监狱系统 |
[10:51] | For those of you who aren’t familiar… | 如果你们不熟悉她 |
[10:54] | Angela Davis is the Black Panther militant | 安吉拉·戴维斯是黑豹党激进分子 |
[10:56] | on trial for murder in California. | 在加州因涉嫌谋杀罪而受审 |
[10:59] | Yeah, so even though she has admitted to being a member | 即使她已经承认自己是 |
[11:02] | of the Communist Party, there are members of Congress | 共产党成员 国会里还是有人 |
[11:05] | who publicly support her, like Shirley Chisholm. | 公开支持她 比如谢丽·奇泽姆 |
[11:08] | And, uh, Gloria Steinem | 格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆 |
[11:10] | is listed as the treasurer of her defense fund. | 被列为她辩护基金的财务员 |
[11:12] | They’re all connected, | 她们都互相关联 |
[11:13] | and they have so much money and political power. | 她们有很多钱和政治权利 |
[11:15] | And maybe we’ll devote next month’s study session | 也许我们下个月可以致力于学习 |
[11:18] | to the women’s liberation movement. | 女性解放运动 |
[11:19] | Could we devote this session to it? | 要不这次就讨论这个吧 |
[11:21] | Prisons are depressing. | 监狱好让人压抑 |
[11:23] | I thought your newsletter on the dangers | 我觉得你写的关于 |
[11:25] | of the Equal Rights Amendment was fantastic. | 《平等权利修正案》危害的时事通讯非常棒 |
[11:28] | I immediately called both our senators, | 我立刻联系了我们的两个参议员 |
[11:30] | but it made it through Congress anyway. | 但修正案还是到了国会 |
[11:32] | I did, too. I fear we got started too late. | 我也联系了 恐怕我们开始得太晚了 |
[11:34] | Oh, it’s not too late to stop it. | 阻止它还不算晚 |
[11:36] | If the ERA is not ratified by 38 states | 如果《平权修正案》没有在1979年3月22日前 |
[11:40] | by March 22, 1979, it will die. | 获得38个州的正式批准 它就将失效 |
[11:43] | That seems like enough time. | 似乎有足够的时间 |
[11:44] | Well, we can’t let it get ratified. | 我们不能让其得到正式批准 |
[11:46] | Well, we do have our work cut out for us. | 我们有很多艰巨工作要做 |
[11:48] | See, the women’s liberation movement has convinced everybody | 女性解放运动让所有人相信 |
[11:51] | it’s a bipartisan issue. | 这是两党之间的问题 |
[11:52] | So we need to get the word out fast | 我们需要快速传出消息 |
[11:55] | that it is controversial | 这具有争议 |
[11:56] | and that we homemakers are not being represented. | 我们这些主妇没有被代表 |
[11:58] | You know, we need to make some noise | 我们得发出声音 |
[12:00] | and get the media to pay attention to us. | 让媒体注意到我们 |
[12:02] | The person that everybody’s paying attention to always wins. | 能搏得大众关注的人总是赢家 |
[12:06] | – That would be Gloria Steinem. – She’s famous. | -那一定是格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆 -她很出名 |
[12:08] | They’re all famous. We’re nobodies. | 她们都是名人 我们只是一群无名之辈 |
[12:10] | Even if we could get a news program to give us some air time, | 即便我们上了一档新闻节目 |
[12:13] | who would we send on as our guest? | 我们又能找谁当嘉宾 |
[12:14] | – Phyllis is famous. – Only in conservative circles. | -菲莉丝就有名气 -只在保守党内部而已 |
[12:17] | – No offense. – Oh, none taken. | -无意冒犯 -没事 |
[12:19] | You’re judged by the company you keep. | 物以类聚人以群分嘛 |
[12:20] | Maybe you should be the spokesman, Alice, | 也许应该让你当发言人 爱丽丝 |
[12:22] | since you’re a full-time homemaker. | 毕竟你是全职主妇 |
[12:24] | – No. – I’m happy to do it. | -不行 -我很乐意去 |
[12:30] | The thing about public speaking | 其实公众演讲 |
[12:32] | is that it’s harder than it looks. | 比看上去要难 |
[12:34] | There are some tricks to make it look easy. | 需要技巧才能说得看似轻而易举 |
[12:36] | I agree. Phyllis has the most experience. She should do it. | 我同意 菲莉丝最有经验 应该让她来 |
[12:40] | Well, all right. Well, I will, uh, send you all the phone tree | 那好吧 我把联系卡都发给你们 |
[12:43] | to kickstart a telegram and letter writing campaign | 办一场投电报和投信运动 |
[12:46] | to our representatives. I mean, you know the drill. | 寄给我们的议员 你们都知道怎么做 |
[12:48] | Telephone and tell a friend. | 电话联系 好友相告 |
[12:52] | It will be very much like the brilliant campaign | 形式会很像几个月前 |
[12:55] | that Eleanor led against “Hair” a couple of months ago. | 埃莉诺领导的抵制音乐剧《毛发》的运动 |
[12:59] | That was a battle. | 那确实是场较量 |
[13:01] | You know, and I think the trouble was | 我觉得当时的问题在于 |
[13:03] | that there are two very catchy songs in the show. | 里面有两首特别朗朗上口的歌 |
[13:06] | So people would hear the music for “Aquarius” | 人们一听到《水瓶时代》 |
[13:08] | and “Let the Sunshine In,” | 和《沐浴阳光》 |
[13:09] | they think it was just like “Oklahoma!” | 就觉得它跟音乐剧《俄克拉荷马》一样喜闻乐见 |
[13:15] | Judith? | 朱迪斯 |
[13:16] | It’s Phyllis Schlafly. | 我是菲莉丝·施拉夫利 |
[13:18] | – Yeah I’m calling about… – I’m calling about | -我打来是… -我打来是想谈谈 |
[13:19] | the upcoming vote in Springfield | 即将在斯普林菲尔德举行的 |
[13:21] | – on the ratification… – …the ratification | -有关批准 -有关批准 |
[13:21] | of the Equal Rights Amendment. | 《平等权利修正案》的投票事宜 |
[13:23] | Yes, we’re organizing a campaign to write letters. | 没错 我们正在发起一场投信活动 |
[13:25] | Hi, Joan. It’s Pamela. We are organizing | 你好 琼 我是帕梅拉 我们正在发起 |
[13:28] | – a letter writing campaign… – And we are calling | -一场投信活动 -我们会向 |
[13:31] | and writing letters to our legislators… | 我们的立法者致电和写信 |
[13:32] | We’re organizing a campaign | 我们正在发起一场活动 |
[13:33] | to urge them to vote “no,” and we could use your help. | 敦促他们投拒绝票 我们需要你的帮助 |
[13:36] | – Hi, Patricia. It’s Pamela. – Melody? | -你好 帕特里夏 我是帕梅拉 -梅乐蒂 |
[13:39] | – Barbara. – Sharon? | -芭芭拉 -莎伦 |
[13:42] | When are we supposed to make all these calls? | 我们什么时候打电话比较好 |
[13:43] | Can you put your kids to bed a half-hour early? | 你能提早半小时哄你的孩子睡觉吗 |
[13:45] | Or better yet, put your husband to bed | 或者更好的是 提早半小时 |
[13:47] | a half-hour early. | 哄你的丈夫上床睡觉 |
[13:49] | I knock off a few letters after everyone’s asleep. | 我等大家都睡着后快速写了几封 |
[13:58] | – How are we doing? – Hmm. Yes. I understand. | -情况如何 -嗯 我明白 |
[14:02] | You’ve heard it? | 你听说了吗 |
[14:03] | I’ve been holding for some time now. | 我已经等了好一会儿了 |
[14:05] | Well, you tell Dick Cavett that the media has a responsibility | 你去告诉迪克·卡维特 媒体有责任 |
[14:08] | to present the other side. It’s a rule. It’s called the… | 为另一方发声 这是规定 叫做… |
[14:11] | – Fairness doctrine. – The fairness doctrine. | -公平原则 -公平原则 |
[14:13] | – Mom? – No running, please! | -妈 -别跑 |
[14:16] | I need help with my math homework. | 我有数学题不会做 |
[14:18] | – I’ll help him. – Drill his times tables! | -我来帮他 -多让他练练乘法表 |
[14:21] | – Who wants more coffee? – Oh, I shouldn’t, but… | -谁还要咖啡 -我不该喝的 但是… |
[14:24] | Thank you, Leonia. | 谢谢 莉奥妮娅 |
[14:26] | I’m going to the post office. Give me your letters. | 我要去邮局 把信都给我吧 |
[14:31] | Last call for the post office. | 最后问一次 |
[14:35] | How many have we got? | 一共有多少封信了 |
[14:37] | Yes. We will be in touch. | 好的 我们再联系 |
[14:40] | We got invited on “The Phil Donahue Show.” | 我们受邀上《菲尔·多纳休秀》了 |
[14:43] | We got… | 我们可以… |
[14:52] | Oh, that is so good! | 天啊 这太棒了 |
[14:58] | This is it. Are you nervous? | 我们到了 你紧张吗 |
[15:01] | Can I push the button on the elevator? | 可以让我来按电梯吗 |
[15:05] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[15:11] | We’re all just kind of piled in here. | 东西都堆在这 |
[15:14] | Can we find Margaret an empty desk? | 能给玛格丽特找张空桌子吗 |
[15:16] | Will a delivery box do? | 快递箱子可以吗 |
[15:19] | We’re, uh, we’re gonna get some more furniture soon. | 我们很快会有更多家具的 |
[15:21] | Come through. | 跟我来 |
[15:23] | “Ms. Magazine.” No, M-s, “Mizz.” | 这里是《女士杂志》 不 是女士 |
[15:26] | This is our tot lot, but we’re cool with the kids, | 这是儿童区 但我们也不在意 |
[15:29] | you know, running around. | 他们跑来跑去的 |
[15:33] | Would you like to play here while Mommy gets to work? | 妈妈工作时你能在这玩儿会吗 |
[15:37] | Oh, come on. You’ll have fun. | 拜托 你会开心的 |
[15:40] | Gloria, we–we can’t run with this cover. | 格洛丽娅 我们不能用这张图当封面 |
[15:43] | He asked me to show it to him. | 他让我给他看的 |
[15:44] | I’m already giving you a lesbian article. | 我已经同意让你刊登关于女同性恋的文章了 |
[15:46] | Oh, you’re giving it to me? Thank you. | 同意让我登吗 我谢谢你 |
[15:47] | We put Shirley Chisholm on the cover, | 我们把谢丽·奇泽姆放到封面上 |
[15:49] | and we’ll depress sales, especially in the South. | 销量肯定会下滑 尤其在南方 |
[15:51] | Well, we don’t put her on the cover, it’ll depress me. | 我们不把她放到封面 我心情会下滑 |
[15:53] | You wanna piss off your distribution company and sales team? | 你想惹怒你的分销公司和销售团队吗 |
[15:56] | They work for us. | 他们为我们工作 |
[15:56] | This issue hits the newsstands | 这一期刚好能在 |
[15:57] | right before the Democratic Convention. | 民主党大会前夕上架 |
[15:59] | I wanna put Shirley on our cover. | 我想把谢丽放在封面上 |
[16:00] | What about Mary’s idea for the cover– | 玛丽的想法怎么样 |
[16:02] | Wonder Woman? | 用神奇女侠做封面 |
[16:03] | She’s a strong symbol of woman’s power. | 她是女性力量的强有力代表 |
[16:05] | Wonder Woman’s my idol, | 神奇女侠是我偶像 |
[16:06] | but you know she’s not a real person. | 但你知道她不是个真人吧 |
[16:08] | She’s better than a real person, she’s a superhero, | 她比真人更好 她可是超级英雄啊 |
[16:10] | and she’s got great legs. | 而且她还有双美腿 |
[16:11] | – We’re going with this cover. – Oh, I see. | -我们要用这个封面 -我知道了 |
[16:13] | You wanna be the only one around here with great legs. | 你希望这里只有你一个人有美腿 |
[16:19] | I gave Gloria her first bylined assignment | 我给格洛丽娅签首个署名项目 |
[16:21] | because I saw her standing outside my office one day, | 是因为有一天我看见她站在我办公室外面 |
[16:23] | and I thought she had great legs. | 觉得她有双美腿 |
[16:26] | – Clay. – What? It’s a great story. | -克雷 -怎么了 这是段佳话啊 |
[16:30] | It’s a great story. | 是段佳话 |
[16:35] | He’s the money guy. Come through here. | 他是我们的赞助商 跟我来 |
[16:42] | Yes, Mrs. Schlafly, I did get your mail. | 是的 施拉夫利太太 我收到你的信了 |
[16:45] | Oh, good. Now do you have a television in your office? | 很好 你办公室有电视机吗 |
[16:48] | Of course I have a television in my office. | 我办公室当然有电视了 |
[16:50] | Well, turn it on at 12:00 to channel 5. | 12点的时候打开 看5台 |
[16:53] | What am I watching? | 你让我看什么节目 |
[16:55] | The other side of the ERA debate. | 看《平权修正案》辩论的反方观点 |
[17:01] | Can we get a TV in here? | 能给我弄来个电视吗 |
[17:04] | Would you please welcome to the show | 让我们欢迎 |
[17:06] | conservative author and activist Mrs. Phyllis Schlafly? | 保守派作家及活动家 菲莉丝·施拉夫利太太 |
[17:29] | Now the Equal Rights Amendment | 《平等权利修正案》 |
[17:31] | will positively make women subject to the draft | 将会基于男女平等的前提上 |
[17:34] | on an equal basis with the men. | 让女性也受到征兵的约束 |
[17:37] | They have got to the point where they truly believe | 她们现在已经真心相信 |
[17:39] | that men and women are the same, | 女性与男性并没有什么不同 |
[17:41] | so it’s not enough for them to have the right to work. | 她们获得了工作的权利还不够 |
[17:44] | They want to legislate away | 她们还想要通过立法 |
[17:45] | any differences between men and women, | 消除男女间一切差异 |
[17:47] | which will mean goodbye, Girl Scouts, | 这意味着 再见了女童子军 |
[17:49] | and hello, unisex bathrooms. | 让我们欢迎无性别洗手间吧 |
[17:50] | The ERA doesn’t say that men and women are the same. | 《平权修正案》并没有说男女完全一样 |
[17:53] | It says that they’re entitled to equal protection under the law. | 只说男女都有权获得平等的法律保护 |
[17:56] | What, did you drag her out of the dust bins of the Goldwater campaign | 她是戈德华特竞选淘汰下来的吗 |
[17:59] | so you could hide under her skirt? | 你要躲在她裙下 让她替你撑腰 |
[18:00] | She found me. | 她找的我 |
[18:02] | You promised that you weren’t gonna fight us on this. | 你答应不会在这件事上反对我们 |
[18:04] | I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[18:05] | But we had enough votes to ratify. | 但我们已有足够的票数了 |
[18:07] | I want a public hearing before the vote. | 我想在投票之前开一场听证会 |
[18:10] | So suddenly you don’t mind looking like you hate women. | 突然之间你不介意看着像有仇女症了 |
[18:12] | I don’t hate women. I love women, | 我才不恨女人 我爱女人 |
[18:15] | which is why I wanna protect my female constituents | 所以我要保护我的女性选民 |
[18:18] | from the dangers of the ERA. | 不受《平权修正案》的毒害 |
[18:20] | And you tell me that’s liberation? | 你还跟我说那叫解放吗 |
[18:22] | Why, that isn’t liberation. Liberation’s in the home. | 那才不是解放 在家才是解放 |
[18:32] | When I heard former Goldwater supporter, | 我听说她是前戈德华特支持者时 |
[18:34] | I thought, “What a bore,” but she’s a dynamo. | 我还想”真无聊” 但她很有活力 |
[18:37] | – Not bad-lookin’. – It was a good show. | -长得也不错 -这次节目不错 |
[18:39] | You know what’d make for a better show? | 你知道怎么样让节目效果更好吗 |
[18:41] | Have her on with Gloria Steinem | 让她跟格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆 |
[18:42] | or Betty Freidan. | 或者贝蒂·弗莱顿同台 |
[18:43] | Yeah, I don’t think so. | 还是算了吧 |
[18:45] | No, no, you get ’em together debating, the catfights? | 不 你让她们同台辩论 女人间的战斗 |
[18:48] | It’s ratings gold. | 那可就有看头了 |
[18:50] | – You were terrific. – Thank you, Phil. | -你真厉害 -谢谢 菲尔 |
[18:56] | I’m just a talk show host, so what do I know? | 我就是个脱口秀主持人 我又懂什么 |
[18:59] | But, uh, some of the arguments you made, | 不过你提出的几个论点 |
[19:01] | I’m just wondering if you had a chance | 我想问你提出前有没有 |
[19:02] | – before you came on to fact-check? – Yes. | -进行事实核查 -有啊 |
[19:06] | So, for example, the elimination of separate restrooms… | 就比如说取消男女分设卫生间 |
[19:11] | That seems highly unlikely to happen if the ERA is adopted. | 就算《平权修正案》通过 也不太可能实现 |
[19:15] | Phil, let me ask you this. | 菲尔 我来问你 |
[19:17] | When Lenin started the revolution in 1917, | 列宁在1917年开始革命时 |
[19:20] | do you think he told the people, | 你觉得他告诉人民 |
[19:22] | “Fight with us, and we’ll give you | “与我们并肩作战 我们会给你们 |
[19:23] | food shortages, censorship, and terror”? | 食物短缺 审查制度 政治恐怖”了吗 |
[19:26] | No. He promised them peace, land, and bread. | 不 他承诺了和平 土地 还有面包 |
[19:30] | Now it starts with a simple piece of legislation | 起初是一部简单的法规 |
[19:33] | like the ERA, and then the left feels emboldened | 就像《平权修正案》 之后他人受了激励 |
[19:36] | to eliminate alimony, child support, | 要取消赡养费 孩子的抚养费 |
[19:38] | and the widow’s social security, and before you know it, | 还有寡妇的社会保障金 要不了多久 |
[19:41] | we are living in a feminist totalitarian nightmare. | 我们就会生活在女性极权的噩梦之中了 |
[19:46] | Thank you for having me on your show. | 谢谢你让我上你的节目 |
[19:58] | You’re Gloria Steinem. | 你是格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆 |
[20:00] | Yes. | 是我 |
[20:02] | Lisa. How are you this morning? | 莉莎 你今早如何 |
[20:05] | I’m…I’m wonderful. I’m gonna move you to first. | 我非常好 我帮你升到头等舱 |
[20:08] | No. It’s not necessary. I– | 别 不必 我… |
[20:10] | I insist. You will be more comfortable. | 我坚持升舱 你会更加舒适 |
[20:12] | Well, okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[20:14] | And I figure you and Ms. Freidan wanna sit together. | 我想你和弗莱顿小姐会想坐在一起 |
[20:20] | Hello, Betty. | 你好 贝蒂 |
[20:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:31] | Sorry. I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 真抱歉 |
[20:43] | I was misquoted. | 他们错引了我的话 |
[20:48] | People are always trying to divide up women. | 人们总是想分裂女人 |
[20:52] | It’s just another way to take away our power. | 不过是换个手段夺取我们的权力 |
[20:55] | I’m sorry the reporter upset you. | 很抱歉 那个记者让你不舒服了 |
[20:59] | I also happened to say some very nice things about you | 我还说过一些赞美你的话 |
[21:01] | that maybe didn’t get printed. I said that, uh, | 可能没印出来 我说过 |
[21:04] | you’re a good role model because you’ve never married, | 因为你未婚 所以你是个很好的榜样 |
[21:07] | which shows you can be single and still have a good life. | 这证明即使单身也可以过得很好 |
[21:13] | They didn’t print that. | 他们没采用这段话 |
[21:49] | Food supplies hurtled from the sky, | 食物补给从天而降 |
[21:51] | and everyone scrambles to grab whatever food he can. | 所有人挤在一起 哄抢食物 |
[21:55] | There are still wounded from the fighting– | 仍然有在战斗中受伤的人 |
[21:58] | men who wait every day in vain for helicopters | 每天徒劳地等待着直升机 |
[22:01] | to take them to hospitals. | 送他们去医院 |
[22:02] | The dead will remain in An Loc. | 死者遗体仍然留在安禄 |
[22:05] | You don’t know how serious women are | 你不知道这个国家的女人 |
[22:07] | in this country, Senator. | 有多认真 参议员 |
[22:09] | I couldn’t be less enthusiastic about your candidacy. | 我对你的参选完全不感兴趣 |
[22:12] | Senator McGovern has been very vocal on women’s issues. | 麦戈文参议员一直在女性议题上积极发声 |
[22:15] | I fully support speedy ratification of the ERA. | 我完全支持《平权修正案》的迅速批准 |
[22:18] | Everyone does. Nixon supports the ERA, | 所有人都支持 尼克松也支持《平权修正案》 |
[22:20] | and you have to have more women visible in your campaign | 但你的竞选要让人们看到更多女性身影 |
[22:24] | because right now they’re just not there. | 因为现在她们缺席了 |
[22:27] | Shirley MacLaine notwithstanding. | 除了谢丽·麦克莱恩之外 |
[22:28] | I think what Betty means is that women aren’t… | 我觉得贝蒂想说女性 |
[22:33] | always listened to, | 经常被忽略 |
[22:33] | something you and I talked about after New Hampshire, | 在新罕布什尔州初选之后我们聊过这个 |
[22:35] | and you were going to impress upon your staff | 你也打算让你的团队充分认识到 |
[22:37] | the importance of taking female campaign aides seriously. | 女性助手在竞选活动中的重要性 |
[22:40] | Thank you, Gloria, and I have spoken with them. | 谢谢 格洛丽娅 我跟他们谈过了 |
[22:42] | I think it’s fair to say the only place | 我们跟你的唯一分歧 |
[22:44] | we really differ with you is on abortion rights. | 只在于堕胎权利 |
[22:46] | And you’ve been saying some ridiculous things lately. | 你最近还说了一些荒唐可笑的话 |
[22:49] | I’m afraid that’s all the time that we have for today, | 恐怕今天的时间就到这里了 |
[22:51] | but thank you, ladies, so much for coming in. | 不过女士们 非常感谢你们的光临 |
[22:53] | – Yes, thank you all very much. – Oh, no, Senator? | -对 非常感谢你们 -不 参议员 |
[22:55] | The Senator has another meeting. | 参议员还有别的会议 |
[22:58] | George, George, if– if I may. | 乔治 乔治 打扰一下 |
[23:01] | We can push and push for legalizing abortion, | 我们可以不断推动堕胎的合法化 |
[23:03] | but until it becomes part of our party’s platform, | 但在它写入我们党派的纲领之前 |
[23:06] | Congress will never feel pressure to change the laws. | 国会绝不会认为需要修改法律 |
[23:08] | If George even mentions the word “Abortion” | 乔治哪怕在大会上提起 |
[23:10] | at the convention, | “堕胎”这个词 |
[23:11] | Nixon will hang it around his neck like a millstone. | 尼克松就会把它变成他脖子上的枷锁 |
[23:13] | So what if we use a more general term, | 那不如我们用个更笼统的词 |
[23:15] | like “Reproductive freedom”? | 比如”生育自由” |
[23:17] | It’s broad enough to include not just abortion | 意义更广泛 不止包括堕胎 |
[23:19] | but repeal birth control laws, laws on sexual orientation, | 还包括废除节育 性取向 |
[23:22] | – forced sterilization. – That’s interesting. | -强制绝育等相关法律 -这个有意思 |
[23:25] | What I like about that, Senator, | 我觉得最妙的是 参议员 |
[23:27] | is that it covers concerns of men as well as women. | 它同时考虑到了女性和男性 |
[23:31] | I wrote a version you could use. | 我写了一稿给你用 |
[23:33] | Can I see that? | 我可以看看吗 |
[23:39] | You got into this race to get us out of the war. | 你参与竞选是为了让我们免于战争 |
[23:43] | This is our Vietnam. | 这就是我们的越南 |
[23:47] | Let me get back to you. | 我会再跟你联系 |
[23:48] | You can reach me at my hotel anytime tonight. | 你今晚随时可以在宾馆找到我 |
[23:50] | I’ll wait for your call. Thank you, George. | 我会等你电话 谢谢 乔治 |
[24:06] | He’s not gonna call. | 他不会打电话的 |
[24:10] | He’s going to call. | 他会打的 |
[24:16] | Oh, my God. Gloria Steinem is tap dancing. | 天呐 格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆在跳踢踏舞 |
[24:19] | It was how I earned money when I was a kid– | 我小时候就这样挣钱 |
[24:22] | performed at clubs and supermarket openings. | 在俱乐部和超市开业仪式上表演 |
[24:25] | I was going to dance my way out of Toledo. | 我要一路跳出托莱多 |
[24:30] | That was my great dream. | 这是我的伟大梦想 |
[24:43] | Yes, this is Gloria. | 我是格洛丽娅 |
[24:51] | I-I can’t talk right now. I’m, uh… | 我现在没法聊 我… |
[24:53] | I have to keep the line free. | 我不能让电话占线 |
[24:58] | I’m trapped. I’m waiting for a call. | 我走不了 我在等一个电话 |
[25:04] | What are you up to tonight? | 你今晚准备做什么 |
[25:06] | Let’s all go get a drink, yeah? | 大家一起去喝一杯 怎么样 |
[25:08] | Come on. Everyone out. | 走吧 都出去吧 |
[25:29] | You really can’t leave this room? | 你真的不能离开这个房间吗 |
[25:32] | Well, now I don’t wanna leave. | 现在我不想离开了 |
[25:43] | How long do we have? | 我们有多少时间 |
[25:45] | Two hours before the last train. | 最后一班火车还有两个小时 |
[25:47] | – Okay, but if McGovern calls… – I know. | -好吧 但如果麦戈文来电话了… -我知道 |
[25:49] | – You won’t be mad? – Nah. I won’t be mad. | -你不会生气吧 -不 我不会生气 |
[26:03] | So are you gonna start with women in the draft | 你打算从女性服兵役 |
[26:05] | or the institution of marriage being eroded? | 还是婚姻制度的侵蚀开始呢 |
[26:07] | I haven’t decided yet. | 我还没决定 |
[26:09] | You said you prepared last night. | 你说你昨晚会做准备的 |
[26:11] | I did prepare. You know what we should do afterwards? | 我的确准备了 你知道之后我们该做什么吗 |
[26:15] | We should stop by the Den for a bowl of chili. | 我们应该去丹恩餐厅吃辣肉酱 |
[26:17] | Yeah, if there’s time. | 好呀 如果有空的话 |
[26:20] | Well, I-I would lead with the draft | 我想主导起草草案 |
[26:21] | because I think it’s more emotional. | 因为我觉得这样会更感性 |
[26:23] | Do you wanna testify instead of me? | 你想替我作证吗 |
[26:25] | Oh, I’m–I’m not the expert in constitutional law. | 我不是宪法专家 |
[26:27] | I’m not the expert in constitutional law. | 我也不是宪法专家 |
[26:29] | Yes, but you studied it in law school. | 对 但你在法学院学过宪法 |
[26:32] | Now, the libbers are sending in attorneys, | 女权主义者请来了律师 |
[26:34] | and I think that we should have | 我认为我们也应该找一个 |
[26:35] | a handsome, brilliant one on our side. | 英俊优秀的律师 |
[26:38] | I had to reschedule a very important meeting because of this. | 我不得不为此重新安排了一个重要会议 |
[26:41] | I know. I’m so grateful you did. | 我明白 我很感激 |
[26:43] | You’re my secret weapon. | 你是我的杀手锏 |
[26:45] | ERA now! | 立刻通过《平权修正案》 |
[26:47] | ERA now! ERA now! | 立刻通过《平权修正案》 |
[26:50] | ERA now! ERA now! | 立刻通过《平权修正案》 |
[26:52] | Our women do not consider themselves enslaved by marriage, | 女性不认为她们被婚姻所奴役 |
[26:56] | and they do not wish to be liberated | 她们也不希望从家庭 |
[26:58] | from home and motherhood, | 和母亲身份中解放出来 |
[27:01] | and they certainly do not want to sacrifice | 她们也绝对不想牺牲 |
[27:03] | any of their present privileges | 任何现有的特权 |
[27:05] | for some phony equality with men. | 就为了达到和男性的虚假平等 |
[27:09] | One side effect of the Equal Rights Amendment | 《平权修正案》的一个副作用 |
[27:13] | would be that women… | 就是女性 |
[27:14] | Where is the rest of your group? | 你团队的其他人呢 |
[27:16] | …the Common Law right to be supported… | 普通法赋予的权利应当被 |
[27:17] | – They’re at home. – …by their husbands. | -她们在家里 -她们的丈夫所支持 |
[27:19] | Do you see those two ladies? | 你看见那两位女士了吗 |
[27:22] | They’re the sponsors of the measure. | 她们是议案的赞助者 |
[27:24] | They’ve been bringing in hundreds of women here every day | 过去一个月 她们每天拉来几百个女性 |
[27:27] | for the past month to lobby us. They’re winning. | 就为了游说我们 她们就要成功了 |
[27:32] | Well, it’s a numbers game. | 这是个数字游戏 |
[27:34] | Count the letters and phone calls. | 你得统计来信和来电的数目 |
[27:36] | Not when it’s this emotional. | 当群情激愤时就不是了 |
[27:39] | We’re not about to throw ourselves on the House floor. | 我们可不打算向到众议院乞求怜悯 |
[27:42] | We’re protesting with dignity. | 我们要有尊严地抗争 |
[27:45] | When my guys look out into the gallery, | 当我的同僚看向大厅时 |
[27:47] | which side do you think they’re gonna feel pressure from– | 你觉得哪一方会让他们感到压力 |
[27:50] | the hundreds of ladies screaming for the ERA | 上百个叫喊着通过《平权修正案》的女士 |
[27:54] | or dignity? | 还是尊严 |
[27:59] | …thus childcare centers could… | 因此日托所将会 |
[28:12] | I don’t even know where Springfield is. | 我甚至不知道斯普林菲尔德在哪里 |
[28:14] | I’ve rented buses. You could bring your children with you. | 我租了大巴 你可以带上孩子 |
[28:18] | It’ll be be educational. | 会很有教育意义的 |
[28:22] | Look, the real power lies in who shows up. | 听着 真正的力量在于参加的人 |
[28:24] | It’s a numbers game, so unless we outnumber them, | 人数多者获胜 除非我们的人数压过他们 |
[28:27] | the ERA will be ratified right here in our own backyard. | 否则《平权修正案》就会在我们州通过 |
[28:30] | Even if we could get a big group to show up tomorrow, | 即使我们明天能召集到一大群人 |
[28:32] | we’d be too intimidated to talk to legislators. | 我们也不敢去和立法者对话 |
[28:34] | Well, Fred, m-maybe you could, uh, come up | 弗莱德 也许你可以提出 |
[28:36] | with a few easy talking points. | 一些简单的谈话要点 |
[28:38] | Huh? For what? | 为了什么 |
[28:40] | For the rally before the floor vote in the House. | 为众议院表决前的示威集会 |
[28:43] | I’m sorry. I-I didn’t hear what you said. | 抱歉 我没听清 |
[28:45] | I focused on that bread. | 我在专心做面包 |
[28:46] | It needs five minutes to cool. | 还要五分钟才能冷却下来 |
[28:48] | That does smell so good, Willie. | 薇莉 面包闻起来很香 |
[28:51] | I’ll write the recipe down for you. | 我给你写张食谱 |
[28:53] | Every time I try to bake bread, | 每次我尝试烤面包 |
[28:54] | it turns out soggy. | 最后都软趴趴的 |
[28:56] | You might not be giving it enough time to rise. | 可能是发面的时间不够长 |
[28:59] | Or you…you’re overworking the dough. | 或是 面团揉过头了 |
[29:01] | Or your oven isn’t hot enough. | 或者烤箱的温度不够高 |
[29:02] | You can’t put it in too soon. | 你不能过早把面团放进烤箱 |
[29:04] | Maybe you’re using too little yeast. | 也可能是酵母放少了 |
[29:06] | Or it’s gone bad? | 或者酵母变质了 |
[29:08] | Yeast doesn’t bake. | 酵母没起作用 |
[29:11] | Well, now I know why he didn’t call. | 我现在明白他为什么没打来了 |
[29:13] | Your wording made it into the platform draft, | 你的措辞被采纳进党纲草案了 |
[29:15] | but then Shirley MacLaine cut it out. | 但谢丽·麦克莱恩又把它剪掉了 |
[29:18] | She cut it out? With actual scissors? | 她剪掉了 用剪刀剪的吗 |
[29:20] | Who does that? | 谁能干出这种事啊 |
[29:21] | An actress. | 女演员 |
[29:22] | How are people supposed to vote on our proposal | 如果大家根本看不到提案 |
[29:24] | if they can’t see it? | 又怎么给它投票 |
[29:28] | – You don’t seem too upset. – I’m very upset. Look at me. | -你就不生气吗 -我都气死了 你看看我 |
[29:30] | I’m eating a hot dog on the grapefruit diet. | 我在柚子减肥法期间吃热狗呢 |
[29:32] | So what do we do now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[29:35] | The Supreme Court will consider Roe v. Wade soon. | 最高法院马上将就罗诉韦德案作出判决 |
[29:37] | – Let’s hope for a good decision. – That won’t be enough. | -希望判决有利吧 -这还不够 |
[29:40] | I think we’ve gone as far as we can go on this. | 我们已经竭尽所能了 |
[29:43] | Didn’t help our cause that McGovern felt attacked | 麦戈文在会中感觉被攻击的事 |
[29:46] | at the meeting. | 对我们没好处 |
[29:47] | Betty is impossible. | 贝蒂真是不可理喻 |
[29:49] | I’m gonna propose we elect one spokeswoman | 我会提议为每个大会都选一个 |
[29:51] | to represent us at each convention. | 女发言人来代表我们 |
[29:53] | So if Betty runs her mouth off to McGovern’s campaign | 这样就算贝蒂在麦戈文的竞选里 |
[29:56] | or to the press, she’s not speaking for all of us. | 或媒体面前放嘴炮 她也无法代表我们所有人 |
[29:59] | She’ll just browbeat everyone into voting for her. | 她会直接威逼别人投给她 |
[30:01] | Unless you run against her. | 除非你去和她竞争 |
[30:06] | When I nominate you, act surprised. | 我提名你时 记得装惊讶点 |
[30:09] | Maybe have a few words prepared. | 再提前准备几句发言 |
[30:11] | Nothing formal, but you should have something to say. | 不用太正式 但你得有话说 |
[30:24] | Have you been to the gallery? Is it filled? | 你去过大厅了吗 人满了吗 |
[30:27] | To the rafters. | 都挤破天花板了 |
[30:31] | Oh, wow. Look at this bread. | 看看这面包 |
[30:32] | – What’s the occasion? – I don’t know. Birthday? | -为什么场合准备的 -不知道 生日吧 |
[30:36] | Good morning, Henry. | 早上好 亨利 |
[30:38] | Well, you’re in a good mood. | 你心情可真好啊 |
[30:39] | Well, why shouldn’t I be in a good mood? | 我当然心情好了 |
[30:41] | We’ve got the votes. We’re voting today. | 我们票够够了 今天就投票了 |
[30:43] | Get ready to lose. | 做好输的准备吧 |
[30:52] | This is delicious. | 真好吃 |
[30:58] | Why are you in a good mood? | 你为什么心情这么好 |
[31:00] | Oh, just enjoying watching you enjoy that bread. | 只是看你享受面包很开心而已 |
[31:03] | Why shouldn’t I enjoy it? | 我不该享受吗 |
[31:12] | Enjoy the bread. Vote “No” on ERA. | 来个面包吧 给《平权修正案》投反对票 |
[31:14] | From the breadmakers to the breadwinners. | 持家者送给养家者 |
[31:17] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[31:17] | – Vote “No.” – Remember, vote “No.” | -投”反对” -记住投”反对” |
[31:20] | – Don’t forget to vote “No.” – That’s okay. | -别忘记投”反对” -不用了 |
[31:22] | We don’t want our daughters drafted. | 我们不想让女儿也被征兵 |
[31:24] | Preserve us from this congressional jam. | 保护我们不受国会的困扰 |
[31:25] | – Thank you so much. – Vote against the ERA sham. | -非常感谢 -反对《平权修正案》的骗局 |
[31:27] | From the breadmakers to the breadwinners. | 持家者送给养家者 |
[31:29] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[31:31] | – Make sure to vote no. – Don’t forget to vote no! | -一定要投反对票 -别忘记投反对票 |
[31:36] | We don’t want our daughters drafted. | 我们不想让女儿也被征兵 |
[31:38] | Don’t forget to vote “No” on ERA. | 别忘记给《平权修正案》投反对票 |
[31:39] | Got one right here. | 已经拿过了 |
[31:48] | We might lose Illinois. | 我们可能要保不住伊利诺伊州了 |
[31:51] | What? | 什么 |
[31:54] | I thought we had the votes. | 不是已经拿到足够票数了吗 |
[31:55] | We had the votes, but then this group showed up with bread, | 之前是 但突然冒出来个赠送面包的组织 |
[31:57] | and suddenly we didn’t have the votes. | 突然间 我们的选票就飞没了 |
[31:58] | – What group? – Housewives with bread, | -什么组织 -家庭主妇 |
[32:01] | and baked, you know, homemade. | 带着自制烘烤面包 |
[32:04] | What kind of bread? | 哪种面包 |
[32:05] | – What does it matter what kind? – I’m curious. | -哪种有什么关系 -我很好奇 |
[32:08] | Can we get Ginny Chapman back on the phone? | 我们能让金妮·查普曼回电话吗 |
[32:10] | Find out what kind of bread it was. | 查查看是什么面包 |
[32:12] | Is that all it takes to get a man to change his vote? | 这就能让一个男人改变投票意向吗 |
[32:14] | Well, there was also jam. | 还有果酱 |
[32:18] | Oh, they finally found the best smoke screen for their chauvinism. | 他们终于找到了掩盖沙文主义的最佳障眼法 |
[32:21] | Hmm? Women. | 女人啊 |
[32:24] | ERA now! ERA now! | 立刻通过《平权修正案》 |
[32:26] | ERA now! ERA now! | 立刻通过《平权修正案》 |
[32:29] | All right, ladies, it’s time to go in and have our voices heard. | 好了女士们 是时候让人听到我们的声音了 |
[32:33] | These housewives are the last gasp of the patriarchy, | 这些家庭主妇是父权制的最后防线 |
[32:36] | brainwashed to believe that if they don’t play the game, | 被洗脑认为如果自己不遵守这个规则 |
[32:39] | they will lose the love and protection of men. | 就会失去男人的爱和保护 |
[33:00] | May I just say, vive la difference? | 容我说一句 差异万岁 |
[33:04] | I know these women. I grew up with them in Peoria. | 我认识这些女人 我们一起在皮奥里亚长大 |
[33:07] | They’ve never thought of themselves as feminists. | 她们从不认为自己是女权主义者 |
[33:09] | You know, they’re not equipped to earn a living. | 她们没有能力谋生 |
[33:11] | They’re scared. | 她们很害怕 |
[33:12] | No one is legislating that | 法律又没禁止她们 |
[33:14] | they can’t stay in the kitchen and bake bread all day | 整天待在厨房烤面包 |
[33:16] | if that’s what they want to do. | 她们愿意就可以这么做 |
[33:17] | The problem is they’re not staying in the kitchen. | 问题是她们不会乖乖待在厨房里 |
[33:19] | They’re bringing the bread to the legislature. | 她们把面包带到了立法机关 |
[33:20] | Who organized the housewives? | 谁组织的家庭主妇 |
[33:23] | That right wing nut. | 那个右翼的疯子 |
[33:25] | Phyllis Schlafly? | 菲利丝·施拉夫利 |
[33:27] | I saw her on “Donahue.” | 我在《多纳休秀》上看到她了 |
[33:28] | She was on “Donahue”? | 她上了《多纳休秀》 |
[33:30] | Yeah. Everything out of her mouth was– | 是啊 她说出来的话真是… |
[33:32] | oh, it was all nonsense but smart-sounding. | 都是胡说八道 但听起来很聪明 |
[33:35] | We should be worried about her. | 我们应该担心她 |
[33:37] | Mussolini was very popular. | 墨索里尼很受欢迎 |
[33:40] | We have to just keep traveling around the country, | 我们得继续周游全国 |
[33:42] | talking to them until we get through. | 跟他们谈话 直到通过 |
[33:44] | You already spend half your time on the road. | 你已经花了一半时间在旅行上了 |
[33:47] | Telling them that marriage is prostitution | 告诉她们婚姻就是卖淫 |
[33:49] | and that alimony is war reparations. | 赡养费是战争赔款 |
[33:51] | I mean, how have they not been converted? | 她们怎么还没改变心意 |
[33:53] | All right, we could all be a little more careful | 好吧 我们在言辞方面都可以 |
[33:55] | with our rhetoric. | 再小心一点 |
[33:56] | We do not want housewives | 我们不想让家庭主妇 |
[33:58] | thinking that we are against them. | 认为我们在反对她们 |
[34:00] | We are against them. | 我们就是反对她们 |
[34:02] | Revolutions are messy. People get left behind. | 革命很混乱 总有人被抛下 |
[34:06] | It’s a tremendous victory for the traditional American family | 这对传统的美国家庭来说 |
[34:10] | and, uh, for the institution of marriage, | 对婚姻制度来说都是巨大的胜利 |
[34:13] | which is the best deal for women that the world has yet devised. | 这是世界上最适合女人的交易了 |
[34:17] | We will get it ratified next year. | 我们会在明年通过批准 |
[34:19] | You just got lucky. | 你只是走运 |
[34:21] | What does she mean, | 她什么意思 |
[34:22] | – we got lucky? – Thank you so much. | -什么叫我们走运 -非常感谢 |
[34:24] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事吗 |
[34:26] | When you go on “Donahue,” | 你上《多纳休秀》时 |
[34:27] | do you know what you’re saying has no basis in fact, | 知道你说的话没有事实根据吗 |
[34:29] | or do you just not know what the hell you’re talking about? | 还是说你只是不知道自己在说什么 |
[34:32] | Oh, I think the majority of American women | 我认为大多数美国女性 |
[34:34] | know exactly what I’m talking about, | 都知道我在说什么 |
[34:37] | and, I might add, | 不仅如此 |
[34:38] | the majority of the Illinois state legislature. | 伊利诺伊州议会的大多数人也都懂 |
[34:41] | I read your newsletter. | 我看了你的时事通讯 |
[34:43] | It’s all hysteria and lies. | 都是歇斯底里和谎言 |
[34:45] | Unisex bathrooms? No child support? | 男女通用厕所 没有孩子抚养费 |
[34:48] | Girls in foxholes? Please. | 散兵坑里的女孩 拜托 |
[34:52] | Do you understand the first thing about constitutional law? | 你对宪法到底有一丁点的了解吗 |
[34:56] | Do you even have a law degree? | 你有法律学位吗 |
[35:00] | I’m just getting started. | 我刚开始学习 |
[35:04] | This is a setback. | 这是次挫折 |
[35:06] | But we have six more years to get it ratified. | 但我们还有六年时间让提案获批 |
[35:09] | We’ll make a more concerted push in Illinois next year. | 明年我们将在伊利诺伊州进行更齐心协力 |
[35:12] | Moving on, | 继续 |
[35:13] | it’s time to choose a spokeswoman | 是时候选择一位发言人 |
[35:15] | to represent us at each convention. | 代表我们出席每次大会了 |
[35:17] | Well, I’d like to nominate Jill for the Republican. | 我提名吉尔作为共和党代表 |
[35:20] | – I second. – I’m not sure that’s necessary. | -我附议 -有这个必要吗 |
[35:23] | I’m the only Republican woman here today. | 今天在场的女性中 只有我是共和党的 |
[35:25] | And I’d like to nominate myself for the Democrat– | 我提名我自己作为民主党的 |
[35:27] | You can’t nominate yourself, Betty. | 你不能提名自己 贝蒂 |
[35:29] | Before we get to electing a spokeswoman, | 在我们选举发言人之前 |
[35:31] | I-I want to discuss | 我想先商讨一下 |
[35:32] | making another push for abortion at the convention. | 在大会上再次提议堕胎合法化的事 |
[35:35] | If we gather enough signatures in a petition, | 如果我们能收集到足够的请愿书签名 |
[35:37] | we can force a floor vote. | 就能进行强制投票 |
[35:38] | Which would mean being broadcast on national television. | 这意味着投票将会在国家电视台播出 |
[35:42] | This might not be the right time. | 现在时机可能不太合适 |
[35:43] | Well, when is the right time? | 那什么时候才合适 |
[35:45] | After we get McGovern into the White House, | 在我们将麦戈文推进白宫之后 |
[35:47] | – we can control the– – So, what, a year? | -我们就能控制 -那要一年以后 |
[35:48] | If the ERA is safely in the Constitution… | 如果《平权修正案》进了宪法 |
[35:49] | Two or–or maybe a decade? No, really, I wanna know. | 两年吗 或十年 说真的 我想知道 |
[35:52] | How–How long are we supposed to wait? | 我们到底还要等多久 |
[35:56] | How many more women are going to die from botched abortions | 还要有多少女人死于拙劣的堕胎 |
[35:59] | while we wait for men to feel comfortable with us | 而我们还在等男人接受 |
[36:01] | having control over our own bodies? | 女人有权掌控自己的身体 |
[36:04] | How many women are gonna be forced to give birth to babies | 还要有多少女人被迫生育 |
[36:06] | they can’t afford to feed while we wait for housewives, | 自己养不起的孩子 而我们还在等家庭主妇 |
[36:08] | who have no idea what it’s like to have to work to survive, | 不知养家糊口难处的家庭主妇 |
[36:10] | to feel comfortable with women having power? | 接受女性也能获得权力 |
[36:15] | How long do we give people to adapt to change? | 我们还要给民众多长时间适应改变 |
[36:21] | Am I the only one who’s so fucking tired of waiting? | 难道只有我厌倦了等待吗 |
[36:33] | We will make this our priority after elections. | 选举后这就是我们的头等大事 |
[36:42] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[36:43] | I have to get back to New York. | 我得回纽约 |
[36:45] | We haven’t voted yet. | 我们还没有投票呢 |
[36:46] | I’m not running. | 我不参选 |
[36:56] | Who wants to nominate me? | 谁想提名我吗 |
[37:22] | Excuse me. Hi. Um… | 等一下 你好 |
[37:25] | Sorry. I work in the building. | 打扰了 我在这栋楼里工作 |
[37:27] | I was hoping to run into you one of these days | 这几天我一直希望能遇见你 |
[37:29] | so that you’d sign my copy of the first issue. | 你能在我的这本初刊杂志上签名吗 |
[37:34] | I’d be happy to. What’s your name? | 我很乐意 你叫什么名字 |
[37:35] | 女士杂志 简·奥莱里或家庭主妇的关键时刻 | |
[37:36] | Theresa. Oh, can you sign this page? | 特蕾莎 你可以签在这一页吗 |
[37:48] | How did you get all those famous women to agree to sign it? | 你是怎么让这么多知名女性同意签字的 |
[37:52] | That was easy. | 这很简单 |
[37:53] | The hard part was getting our male publisher to agree to run it. | 难的是让男性出版商同意出版 |
[38:05] | Have you ever told anyone? | 你告诉过别人吗 |
[38:09] | Only my husband. | 只告诉了我丈夫 |
[38:14] | We already had three. Money was tight. | 我们已经有三个孩子了 经济状况紧张 |
[38:17] | It was in a hotel. | 那是在一家旅馆里 |
[38:19] | A whole bunch of us in one room. | 一大群女人挤在一个房间里 |
[38:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[38:38] | There you go. | 给你 |
[38:39] | I’d like to make three toasts. | 我想要敬三杯酒 |
[38:42] | – Roger. – To our eldest, John. | -罗杰 -致我们的长子 约翰 |
[38:46] | We are so proud of our first college graduate. | 为我们的第一位毕业大学生感到骄傲 |
[38:49] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -没错 -对 |
[38:51] | Don’t even think about moving home. | 不过别想搬回家 |
[38:53] | And to my mother-in-law, | 接着敬我的岳母 |
[38:55] | who will be gracing us with her lovely presence every day. | 每天都用倩影为家中带来欢乐 |
[38:57] | – If I ever finish packing. – Cheers. | -要是我能收拾完 -干杯 |
[39:00] | Aw. Hey, Grandma. | 外婆 |
[39:01] | And to my darling wife | 还要敬我亲爱的妻子 |
[39:02] | on her victory in Springfield yesterday. | 昨日在斯普林菲尔德取得的胜利 |
[39:05] | – I’m so proud of what you accomplished. – Aw, thank you. | -我为你的成就感到骄傲 -谢谢 |
[39:09] | Mwah. Hear, hear. | 干杯 |
[39:09] | – Hear, hear. – Hear, hear, and it looks like | -干杯 -干杯 我们好像 |
[39:12] | we should also be toasting Mayor Daley. | 还应该敬一下戴利市长 |
[39:14] | – Oh, what do you mean? – Well, it says here | -什么意思 -报纸上说 |
[39:16] | Representative Chapman, | 查普曼议员 |
[39:17] | the woman who sponsored the ERA… | 发起《平权修正案》的那位女议员… |
[39:20] | Yes, I know who she is. | 我知道她 |
[39:21] | She says the mayor had an ax to grind with her. | 她说市长与她有过节 |
[39:23] | So he went and told his people to vote against it. | 所以他叫自己人投反对票 |
[39:26] | That’s why seven Democrats from Chicago | 因此七名芝加哥的民主党人 |
[39:28] | switched their vote from “yes” to “no.” | 从投赞成票转为反对票 |
[39:31] | Lucky. | 真幸运 |
[39:33] | She’s spinning tales so she doesn’t look incompetent. | 她在瞎编故事 好让自己不显得那么无能 |
[39:37] | Off you go. | 去吧 |
[39:38] | It was defeated by seven votes. | 法案就是以七票之差被击败 |
[39:42] | A win’s a win. | 赢就是赢 |
[39:50] | I didn’t want to be elected spokeswoman. | 我不想被选为发言人 |
[39:52] | That’s why I left. | 所以我离开了 |
[39:53] | Which only made you more attractive. | 这只能让你变得更有吸引力 |
[39:56] | We need you. Hold on. | 我们需要你 稍等 |
[40:03] | McGovern always says you sold him on the women’s issue. | 麦戈文常说你在妇女问题上说服了他 |
[40:06] | Well, then he shouldn’t have sold us out on abortion. | 那他就不应该在堕胎问题上出卖我们 |
[40:12] | I’m gonna go to the convention with my press pass | 我要拿着记者证去参加大会 |
[40:14] | and my “Chisholm for President” pin. | 还要戴着我的”奇泽姆当总统”的胸针 |
[40:15] | 拿走了你的小零食 抱歉 我会给你补货的 格洛丽娅 碰碰小脚丫 | |
[40:16] | Oh, don’t give me that crap about the power of the press, | 别跟我说什么媒体的力量 |
[40:19] | and Shirley is gonna be out of the race by the convention. | 谢丽在大会之际就会被淘汰出局 |
[40:21] | She got what, a dozen delegates? | 她得到了多少 十几个代表的支持 |
[40:26] | I gotta go. | 我得挂了 |
[40:32] | I’m still working. | 我还在工作 |
[40:35] | I didn’t know your mom was a reporter. | 我不知道你妈妈是个记者 |
[40:37] | Oh, for “The Toledo Blade.” | 在《托莱多刀锋报》呢 |
[40:39] | She quit after Sue was born. | 苏出生后她就辞职了 |
[40:41] | Have you read this interview? | 你看了这篇采访吗 |
[40:43] | Oh, I don’t need to read it. I talk to her every day. | 我不需要看 我每天都和她交流 |
[40:47] | Some of these quotes… | 有一些引述… |
[40:50] | “At first, when people would say nasty things about Gloria, | “起初 人们说格洛丽娅的坏话时 |
[40:53] | “I would take tranquilizers and cry, | “我得服用镇定药物然后大哭 |
[40:55] | but I’ve grown a lot lately, and now I just laugh it off.” | 但我成长了许多 现在只会一笑而过” |
[41:01] | – You should read this. – I don’t have time to get upset | -你应该看看这个 -我没空因为我妈 |
[41:03] | about my mother telling the world | 告诉全世界她希望我找个老公 |
[41:05] | she wishes I would find a husband. | 而感到沮丧 |
[41:07] | So you did read it. | 所以你看过了 |
[41:09] | Well, I got worried that she was gonna say something crazy | 我担心她会说一些不着边际的话 |
[41:11] | like, “I wish Gloria would find a husband.” | 比如”我希望格洛丽娅能找到一个老公” |
[41:13] | Is that so crazy? | 这有那么不着边际吗 |
[41:15] | Maybe next year. | 也许明年吧 |
[41:17] | You know, we aren’t getting any younger. | 我们也都不年轻了 |
[41:19] | Nobody’s getting any younger. | 没人会变得更年轻 |
[41:20] | 5-year-old’s aren’t getting any younger. | 五岁小孩也不会 |
[41:21] | So you don’t wanna have a child? | 所以你不想要个孩子吗 |
[41:23] | Well, I had a child– my mother. | 我有孩子 就是我妈 |
[41:24] | I must have done a terrible job, too, | 我肯定不是一个好妈妈 |
[41:25] | because look how she turned out. | 看看她什么样子就知道了 |
[41:33] | Are you afraid that if you marry me, | 你是害怕和我结婚之后 |
[41:37] | you will turn into your mother? | 你会变成你妈妈吗 |
[41:39] | That’s a horrible way to propose. | 这样求婚真是太糟糕了 |
[41:43] | If I do it better next time, | 如果我下次做得更好 |
[41:46] | will you change your answer? | 你的答案会变吗 |
[41:49] | Can we talk about this later when I’m not meeting a deadline? | 我们可以在我不赶时间时再说吗 |
[41:53] | Yeah. I’ll call you later, then. | 好 我再打给你吧 |
[42:07] | You can’t put me off forever. | 你不能永远推拒我 |
[42:11] | Wonder Woman. Neat. | 神奇女侠 很棒 |
[42:24] | George McGovern is the front and only runner | 乔治·麦戈文是纽约初选中 |
[42:26] | in the New York primary, | 唯一一名遥遥领先者 |
[42:28] | with all the advantages and handicaps that usually means. | 意味着他会拥有诸多优势 也会面临诸多挑战 |
[42:31] | His own congressional district may have sacrificed | 他自己的国会选区可能已经牺牲了 |
[42:33] | a few delegates now for goodwill | 几位代表以示友好 |
[42:36] | and a larger payoff at the convention. | 并在大会上获得更大的回报 |
[42:38] | Campaigning in New York, McGovern has… | 纽约的竞选活动 麦戈文已经… |
[42:39] | You got a few minutes? | 你有空吗 |
[42:41] | Well, can it wait till after the news? | 能等新闻播完吗 |
[42:44] | Oh, you know how this ends. They run McGovern. | 你知道结果会怎样 麦戈文参选 |
[42:46] | Nixon squeaks by, and everybody’s unhappy. | 尼克松勉强当选 大家都不高兴 |
[42:48] | Only gets you agitated. | 只会让你焦躁不安 |
[42:54] | Now can you show me where Freund draws a connection | 你能告诉我弗罗因德是怎么把 |
[42:57] | between the ERA and integrated public restrooms, | 《平权修正案》和无性别公厕 |
[43:00] | prisons, and reform schools? | 监狱 管教所联系起来的吗 |
[43:01] | – Does it matter? We won. – I know. | -这重要吗 我们赢了 -我知道 |
[43:04] | Just show me how he gets there. | 告诉我他怎么做到的就行 |
[43:07] | Please. | 求你了 |
[43:10] | Just run me through the legal arguments, | 给我好好讲讲法律依据 |
[43:12] | so I don’t have to bother you each time. | 免得我每次都要麻烦你 |
[43:13] | Well, I like it when you bother me. | 我就是你喜欢麻烦我 |
[43:23] | You weren’t the only one who was admitted | 你不是唯一一个 |
[43:25] | to Harvard Law School. | 被哈佛法学院录取的人 |
[43:28] | I was invited, too. | 我也被录取了 |
[43:31] | When was that? | 什么时候 |
[43:32] | When I was getting my master’s. | 拿到硕士学位的时候 |
[43:34] | My constitutional law professor thought I was brilliant. | 我的宪法教授认为我很聪明 |
[43:41] | You really want a crash course in legal research and writing? | 你真想上法律研究和写作的速成班 |
[43:43] | – Mm-hmm, yes. – Okay. | -想 -好吧 |
[43:45] | Well, the first thing you need to know | 你首先需要知道的是 |
[43:46] | when presenting a legal argument is that, uh, | 在提出法律论据时 |
[43:49] | while you have a lot of leeway to be creative… | 虽然你有很大的回旋余地来发挥创意 |
[43:52] | …you never want to make a statement | 但永远不要做出一个 |
[43:53] | which is objectively verifiable as being false. | 可以被客观证实为错误的陈述 |
[43:57] | – Okay. – For instance, | -好的 -比如 |
[43:58] | you wouldn’t say that you were | 你不能说 |
[43:59] | invited to attend Harvard Law School | 你得到了哈佛法学院的录取邀请 |
[44:02] | when it only takes a phone call to find out | 因为只要打个电话就能知道 |
[44:04] | that you got your master’s in 1945– | 你在1945年拿到了硕士学位 |
[44:08] | five years before the law school went co-ed. | 比法学院的男女同校时间早了五年 |
[44:16] | They would’ve made an exception for me. | 他们愿意为我破例 |
[45:01] | – Or three? – Or four? | -三个 -或者四个 |
[45:03] | – Or five? – Or maybe more. | -要不五个吧 -还是多来点吧 |
[45:51] | Where’s your fiancé now? | 你的未婚夫呢 |
[45:54] | Ex-fiancé. No, he’s back in the States. | 前未婚夫 他回美国了 |
[45:58] | May I ask why you haven’t told him? | 我能问问你为什么没告诉他吗 |
[46:02] | We would have to get married. | 那我们就得结婚了 |
[46:05] | After the procedure, there’ll be a little bleeding. | 术后可能会流血 |
[46:08] | You’ll be confined to bed for a few days | 你要卧床休息几天 |
[46:10] | until the bleeding stops. I’ll give you pills for that. | 直到流血止住 我会给你开止血药 |
[46:13] | And I hope you’ll use birth control in the future, | 我也希望你以后能采取避孕措施 |
[46:16] | especially if you plan to spend the year in India. | 尤其是你计划去印度待一年 |
[46:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:24] | You must promise me two things. | 你必须答应我两件事 |
[46:27] | You will never tell anyone my name. | 你永远不能跟别人提起我的名字 |
[46:32] | And you will do what you want to do with your life. | 而且你要掌握自己的人生 |
[47:08] | You. | 是你 |
[47:14] | I’ll do it. | 我同意 |
[47:16] | I’ll be the spokeswoman. | 我来做发言人 |
[47:20] | On one condition. | 但有一个条件 |
[47:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[47:24] | We force the vote on abortion on the convention floor. | 我们在大会上强制进行堕胎法案投票 |