时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | 本剧改编自因《平等权利修正案》引发的政治斗争和辩论的相关真实事件 部分剧中角色和一些场景对话做了戏剧创作和改编 | |
[00:33] | Cook the food. Scrub the floors. | 做饭 擦地板 |
[00:37] | Fold the laundry. | 叠好干净衣服 |
[00:40] | Cook the food! Scrub the floors! | 做饭 擦地板 |
[00:44] | Fold the laundry! | 叠好干净衣服 |
[00:46] | This is what a marriage is. | 这就是婚姻的本质 |
[00:49] | This is what a marriage is. | 这就是婚姻的本质 |
[00:53] | Where is my drink?! | 我的酒呢 |
[00:56] | Do you see my cock? | 看到我的屌了吗 |
[01:00] | Where’s my tie?! | 我的领带呢 |
[01:03] | Can you see my cock?! | 你看到我的屌了吗 |
[01:09] | Yeah, thanks. Yeah. | 谢谢了 |
[01:11] | This is what a marriage is. | 这就是婚姻的本质 |
[01:14] | This is what a marriage is! | 这就是婚姻的本质 |
[01:17] | This is what a marriage is! | 这就是婚姻的本质 |
[01:21] | This is why they hate us. | 这就是他们恨我们的原因 |
[01:23] | “The Voice” said it was provocative. | 它被《美国之声》称为刺激 |
[01:26] | Certainly provoked laughter. | 至少刺激了笑声 |
[01:28] | Hey, you don’t think our marriage is a prison, do you? | 你不认为我们的婚姻是囚牢吧 |
[01:30] | Because I also “cook the food!” | 因为我也”做饭” |
[01:32] | Isn’t marriage by definition prison? | 难道婚姻从定义上讲不就是囚牢吗 |
[01:35] | See what I’m up against? | 看到我的挑战了吗 |
[01:37] | This is what a marriage is. | 这就是婚姻的本质 |
[01:38] | This is what a marriage is. | 这就是婚姻的本质 |
[01:41] | It’s gotta be good research for your book, though. | 但对于你的书来说是好调研吧 |
[01:43] | – How’s it coming? – He’s almost done. | -写得怎么样了 -他快写完了 |
[01:45] | – Well… – What? You’re almost done? | -嗯… -什么 你快写完了吗 |
[01:47] | I still need a good title. | 我还需要个好标题 |
[01:49] | “Men’s Lib” feels derivative. | 《男性解放》听着像模仿 |
[01:51] | I was thinking “Wonder Man,” like “Wonder Woman,” | 或许《神奇男人》 就像《神奇女侠》 |
[01:53] | but also, I wonder how to be a man. | 但也有怎样做男人的含义 |
[01:56] | I’m not good with titles. What about you? | 我不擅长起标题 你呢 |
[01:58] | You have one for your book? | 你给你的书起好标题了吗 |
[01:59] | Uh, yes. 200 pages of shit. | 是的 《两百页废话》 |
[02:02] | I highly doubt that. | 才不会呢 |
[02:04] | I promised I would have it finished by my 40th birthday. | 我许下誓言要在40岁前完成它 |
[02:08] | What do you wanna do to celebrate? | 你想怎么庆祝 |
[02:10] | We should all go on a trip together. | 我们一起去旅行吧 |
[02:12] | You mean like Saint Martin? | 去圣马丁吗 |
[02:13] | I love that house we went to, right? | 我喜欢我们去的那栋房子 是吧 |
[02:14] | Or maybe south of France. | 或者法国南部 |
[02:16] | Or maybe we could just treat it like any other Tuesday. | 或者像普通周二那样过 |
[02:18] | You gotta let us do something. I mean, it’s a big milestone. | 你得让我们做点什么庆祝 这是个重要里程碑 |
[02:20] | If you wanna do something for me, | 如果你想为我做点什么 |
[02:23] | send me five more states. | 再给我五个州 |
[02:33] | You hold this, hmm? | 拿着这个 |
[02:35] | Just like you’re working. | 就像在工作 |
[02:38] | Much better. | 好多了 |
[02:41] | So distinguished. | 很有派头 |
[02:43] | You look like Rock Hudson. | 你看上去像罗克·赫德森 |
[02:43] | 两人均为演员 银幕拍档 罗克可谓千万女性的梦中情人 也有妻子 但他实为同性恋 并于85年死于艾滋病 | |
[02:45] | I guess that makes you Doris Day, honey. | 那你就是多莉丝·戴了 亲爱的 |
[02:48] | Que será, será. Oh, one last thing. | 一切随缘 还有件事 |
[02:51] | Oh, it’s all right. No one will notice. | 没事 不会有人注意到的 |
[02:52] | No, it’s too worn for the picture. | 不 太旧了 不上相 |
[02:54] | Let me ask you something else. | 我还想问你件事 |
[02:56] | Leaders of the women’s movement | 女性运动的领袖 |
[02:57] | claim your wife’s arguments against the ERA | 称你妻子对《平权修正案》的反对理由 |
[02:59] | are old-fashioned. | 太过时 |
[03:01] | Would you characterize your wife as such? | 你认为你妻子是这样的人吗 |
[03:03] | Uh, not at all. I would classify my wife | 完全不 我认为我妻子 |
[03:06] | as an exceptional woman who has been able to manage | 是名杰出的女性 她能成功平衡 |
[03:08] | a career at home and her public life. | 在家做主妇和出门做公众人物 |
[03:11] | How are the kids? | 孩子们怎么样了 |
[03:12] | Oh, Roger’s enjoying Princeton. | 罗杰很喜欢普林斯顿 |
[03:13] | And Phyl might apply there next year. | 菲菲明年可能也会申请那里 |
[03:16] | And John? | 约翰呢 |
[03:17] | He’s exploring different paths. | 他在探索其他道路 |
[03:18] | You know young people these days. | 你也知道如今的年轻人 |
[03:20] | But Bruce is studying for the LSATs. | 不过布鲁斯在准备法学院入学考试 |
[03:22] | Oh, following in his father’s footsteps. | 子承父业啊 |
[03:24] | If anything, her public life has helped shed light | 非要说的话 她在公众生活中帮我阐释了 |
[03:26] | on my own causes, uh, namely communism and abortion. | 我个人的事业追求 共产主义和堕胎 |
[03:29] | I think what’s missing from this picture | 我觉得这张照片里唯独缺的 |
[03:31] | is you, Mrs. Schlafly. | 就是您 施拉夫利太太 |
[03:33] | Oh, no, no, no. This is a profile of Fred. | 不不不 这是弗莱德的专访 |
[03:35] | – Yes, but– – Besides, I wasn’t | -是没错 但是… -再说了 |
[03:36] | on the list of, uh, poses. | 我不太会摆造型 |
[03:39] | I’m in no condition to be photographed. | 我现在不适合拍照 |
[03:41] | With regard to abortion, their efforts | 关于堕胎 他们想努力实现 |
[03:43] | at zero population growth actually help the communists… | 人口零增长其实能帮助共产主义者… |
[05:00] | I’m so sorry I’m late. | 非常抱歉 我迟到了 |
[05:03] | My talk ran long, and I couldn’t get a taxi. | 讲话超时了 而且我打不到出租车 |
[05:06] | – Nice to meet you in person. – It’s fine. | -很高兴见到你 -没关系 |
[05:09] | Uh, I hope you started without me. | 你们应该没等我先开始了吧 |
[05:12] | – He wanted to wait. – I reached out to Ms. Steinem | -他想等你来 -我之所以联系斯坦奈姆女士 |
[05:14] | because when I arrived at Justice, | 是因为我刚到司法部时 |
[05:17] | I discovered there is a massive women’s problem | 发现我们国家存在一个十分严峻的 |
[05:19] | in this country. | 女性问题 |
[05:20] | Wait, have you heard about Vietnam? | 等等 你是不知道有越战这回事吗 |
[05:24] | I would like to start a women’s task force, | 我想成立一个女性工作组 |
[05:26] | but I wanna work with movement leaders | 但是需要与运动领袖合作 |
[05:28] | so we’re not at cross purposes. | 这样我们的目标就不会产生分歧 |
[05:29] | Well, off the top of my head, | 我随口说一个 |
[05:32] | what about hiring a woman to run it? | 雇一名女性来管理怎么样 |
[05:34] | Well, why don’t you come on board to advise me? | 那不如你直接加入当我的顾问 |
[05:36] | Would you actually take my advice? | 你真会听取我的建议吗 |
[05:40] | You know, not all Nixon appointees | 其实 并不是所有被尼克松任命的官员 |
[05:42] | are corrupt and chauvinistic. | 都是腐败的大男子主义者 |
[05:44] | We’ve been targeting swing states in the Midwest. | 我们一直在把目光瞄向中西部的摇摆州 |
[05:46] | – Ohio was a big win. – I’m from Ohio. | -俄亥俄州获得了大胜 -我就是那里人 |
[05:48] | – Me, too. Toledo. – Dayton. | -我也是 托莱多市 -戴顿市 |
[05:51] | What I wouldn’t give for a bottle of Vernors right now. | 我现在特想来一瓶弗农斯牌姜汁汽水 |
[05:53] | Schweppes doesn’t taste the same. | 怡泉牌的味道又不一样 |
[05:57] | Next, we’re making a big push for Illinois. | 我们接下来打算奋力争取伊利诺伊州 |
[05:59] | If we win, it could be a real turning point. | 如果拿下 很可能会成为关键转折点 |
[06:01] | Phyllis Schlafly’s home state. | 菲莉丝·施拉夫利的家乡州 |
[06:03] | Boy, she has polarized the hell out of the fight. | 天呐 她可是把这场斗争完全分化成了两极 |
[06:06] | You gotta give it to her. That’s clever. | 你不得不承认 她很聪明 |
[06:07] | It is. | 确实 |
[06:09] | She’s a very clever puppet for special interests. | 她是受特殊利益集团操控的聪明傀儡 |
[06:12] | Special interests aren’t baking all those pies. | 特殊利益集团可做不出那些派 |
[06:14] | But they are paying for the flour. | 但面粉钱是他们出的 |
[06:15] | What are you doing to neutralize her? | 你准备怎么解决她 |
[06:19] | We wrote an exposé on her in “Ms.” | 我们在《女士杂志》写了篇她的揭丑新闻 |
[06:21] | Nothing stuck. | 没什么效果 |
[06:22] | Preaching to the choir. | 针对群体错了 |
[06:25] | Why don’t you debate her? | 你去和她辩论如何 |
[06:26] | On television. | 在电视上 |
[06:28] | The last thing I want to do is use my profile | 我最不想做的就是用我的影响力 |
[06:30] | to increase her audience. | 增加她的受众 |
[06:31] | Besides, you can’t reason with women like Phyllis. | 而且你跟菲莉丝那种女人讲道理没用 |
[06:33] | They’ve internalized the patriarchy. | 她们连父权制都吸收内化了 |
[06:37] | Well, perhaps the answer to equality lies in the courts. | 也许只能靠法院来解决平权了 |
[06:39] | Rulings can be overturned. | 判决也会被推翻 |
[06:42] | Writing an explicit prohibition against sex discrimination | 将反对性别歧视写入宪法后 |
[06:45] | into the Constitution makes it just as unacceptable | 性别歧视就跟种族歧视一样 |
[06:49] | as discriminating on the basis of race. | 不可容忍了 |
[06:53] | Well, maybe you should debate her, Mrs. Ginsberg. | 也许应该你去和她辩论 金斯伯格太太 |
[06:55] | Oh, no. I don’t like the limelight. | 不了 我不喜欢出风头 |
[07:03] | I challenge Phyllis Schlafly to debate the issues raised | 我在此就《平等权利修正案》引发的问题 |
[07:06] | by the Equal Rights Amendment. | 向菲莉丝·施拉夫利提出辩论挑战 |
[07:07] | She’s made some outrageous claims. | 她此前的言论荒唐离谱 |
[07:08] | We should time the debate to take place | 我们应该把辩论时间定在 |
[07:11] | right before the vote in Springfield. | 斯普林菲尔德投票之前 |
[07:13] | Feels good to go on the offense. | 主动出击的感觉不错 |
[07:15] | Since she has made it her personal crusade | 因为她把这粉饰成了个人斗争 |
[07:18] | to keep us all from attaining our full rights as United States citizens, | 以防我们获得作为美国公民的所有权利 |
[07:21] | I think it’s important to demonstrate publicly and legally | 我觉得有必要公开并合法展示 |
[07:25] | that she doesn’t know what the hell she’s talking about. | 她完全不知道她特么在说什么 |
[07:29] | – How’s that? – Perfect. | -怎么样 -很好 |
[07:32] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[07:34] | You’ll drop the “Hell.” | 把”特么”剪掉 |
[07:36] | Oh, Gloria! | 格洛丽娅 |
[07:39] | Jules. I took some photos for “Ms.” Last year. | 我是茱尔斯 我去年给《女士杂志》拍过照片 |
[07:42] | Of course. So nice to see you again. | 我记得 又见到你真好 |
[07:44] | This is my friend Bren– | 这是我朋友布兰 |
[07:45] | – Brenda, right? – Mm-hmm. | -布兰达 对吗 -嗯 |
[07:47] | You were at the Christmas party. | 你之前参加了圣诞派对 |
[07:49] | Are you down here doing a story | 你是来这报道 |
[07:50] | about the impeachment proceedings? | 弹劾进程的吗 |
[07:51] | We had a meeting at the DOJ. | 我们在司法部开了会 |
[07:53] | I’m actually a lawyer for the ACLU. | 我实际上是美国公民自由联盟的律师 |
[07:55] | So you were crashing the “Ms.” Christmas party. | 所以你算是闯入《女士杂志》的圣诞派对 |
[07:57] | No, no, no, I’m one of the founders of “Ms.,” | 不不 我是《女士杂志》的创立人之一 |
[08:00] | so technically it was legitimate. | 严格来说是合法的 |
[08:02] | – Definitely a lawyer. – Mm-hmm. | -果然是律师 -嗯 |
[08:04] | – How long are you two in town? – Just for the night. | -你们俩要待多久 -就今晚 |
[08:06] | Have you been to the Dubliner? Just opened. | 你们去了都柏林人吗 刚开业 |
[08:08] | Great happy hour. | 畅饮时段很棒 |
[08:09] | Gloria’s in charge of happy hours. | 格洛丽娅负责畅饮时段 |
[08:12] | Stan asked if we could continue our conversation over dinner tonight. | 斯坦问我们能不能在晚餐继续交谈 |
[08:16] | Well, I guess we have dinner plans. | 看来我们晚餐有约了 |
[08:18] | I think he just meant the two of us, but I’ll double-check. | 他应该指的是就我们俩 但我会去确认下 |
[08:23] | We should get going. | 我们该走了 |
[08:25] | Next time. | 下次见 |
[08:30] | My brain doesn’t work this way. | 我的大脑不这样运转 |
[08:31] | It’s just a puzzle, and puzzles are games, | 就是个智力问答 而智力问答是游戏 |
[08:33] | and games are fun. | 游戏很好玩 |
[08:35] | Now that is the transitive property at work. | 这就叫传递性 |
[08:38] | Well, you could take the LSAT. | 你可以考法学院入学考试 |
[08:40] | A man with solid prospects– very attractive to a girl. | 一个有着大好前程的男人 很受女孩喜欢 |
[08:43] | Face it, Mother. | 面对现实吧 妈妈 |
[08:44] | None of your children wanna go to law school. | 你的孩子都不想去读法学院 |
[08:46] | Well, a law degree is versatile. | 法律学位功能很多 |
[08:48] | No, it’s not just for, uh, being a lawyer. | 不只是可以做律师 |
[08:51] | You could, uh, go into politics or business. | 你还可以进入政界或者商界 |
[08:55] | Here. Let’s take a look at this one. | 来 我们看看这个 |
[08:59] | “Now the number of calories in a gram of refined cane sugar | “一克精制蔗糖含有的热量 |
[09:03] | is the same as in an equal amount of fructose–“ | 与等量果糖里的热量相同” |
[09:06] | I can read myself. | 我自己能读 |
[09:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:14] | B C “B”? “C”? | |
[09:17] | Don’t just say letters. Consider it. | 别只说字母 好好想想 |
[09:23] | Uh, I would say…”E.” | 我觉得是E |
[09:26] | Since the premise does not account for the fact that sugar | 因为前提没有说明糖 |
[09:28] | is not the only ingredient that contains calories. | 是唯一含有热量的成分 |
[09:32] | I’m right. | 我说对了 |
[09:33] | It is “E.” | 答案是E |
[09:36] | You’re home early. | 你提前回家了 |
[09:38] | Linda got an advanced copy of the morning paper. | 琳达拿到了一份早报的稿件 |
[09:51] | Oh, look, they quote you at length. | 看 他们详尽引用了你的话 |
[09:54] | I think you look very handsome in the photo. | 照片里的你很帅 |
[09:55] | Not bad. | 还行 |
[09:57] | So how does it feel to be Phyllis Schlafly’s lawyer husband? | 身为菲莉丝·施拉夫利的律师丈夫是什么感觉 |
[10:00] | If you keep studying, | 如果你好好学习 |
[10:01] | you can be Phyllis Schlafly’s lawyer son. | 你可以成为菲莉丝·施拉夫利的律师儿子 |
[10:05] | – When’s dinner? – It’s at 6. | -晚餐什么时候 -6点 |
[10:09] | It’s always at 6. | 总是6点 |
[10:16] | Well, when I was at Harvard… | 我在哈佛的时候 |
[10:18] | Never heard a good story | 以”我在哈佛的时候”开头的故事 |
[10:19] | that begins with “When I was at Harvard…” | 就没有一个是好的 |
[10:21] | I had the professor that was the inspiration | 我那时有个教授是 |
[10:23] | for “The Paper Chase,” and he announced | 电影《平步青云》的原型 而且他说 |
[10:25] | he would only call on women one day a year–Ladies’ Day. | 他只会在一天点名女学生 妇女节那天 |
[10:30] | – Ladies’ Day. – And he would only discuss cases | -妇女节 -而且他只讨论 |
[10:33] | involving widows and brides. | 有寡妇或新娘的案子 |
[10:34] | He didn’t think we could handle sparring in a Socratic fashion | 他觉得我们女人要是像苏格拉底那样唇枪舌战 |
[10:37] | without bursting into tears. | 一定会大哭 |
[10:39] | Did you ever burst into tears? | 那你大哭过吗 |
[10:40] | Tears of rage. I paid the same tuition. | 愤怒的泪水吧 我明明交同样的学费 |
[10:42] | Well, why didn’t you transfer somewhere else? | 那你怎么不转去别的学校 |
[10:45] | Harvard’s the best law school. | 哈佛的法学院排名第一 |
[10:51] | Have you ever been photographed? | 有人给你拍过照吗 |
[10:55] | Once for “Glamour” a few years back. | 几年前《魅力》杂志给我拍过 |
[10:58] | That makes sense. | 有道理 |
[11:01] | You’re beautiful. | 你很美 |
[11:02] | No, it was for a profile about the movement. | 不是那样的 那是给运动拍宣传照 |
[11:04] | It was just about me and my husband. | 是关于我和我丈夫 |
[11:07] | That’s the third time tonight | 这是今晚第三次 |
[11:08] | you’ve said “Husband.” | 你说”丈夫”一词了 |
[11:10] | Why did you change your mind about meeting me out? | 你怎么改主意了 又出来见我了 |
[11:14] | Well, I felt bad. You’re friends with Gloria, | 我感觉很内疚 你是格洛丽娅的朋友 |
[11:17] | and I was very rude. | 而我那时太粗鲁 |
[11:25] | Where are we headed? | 我们去哪 |
[11:27] | The Watergate. | 水门饭店 |
[11:29] | Should we break in? | 我们该偷偷闯入吗 |
[11:38] | – You have to wait. – I thought I was! | -你得等 -我以为我等了 |
[11:43] | Oh, no, I lost my…bracelet. | 糟了 我手镯丢了 |
[11:47] | I’ll get it. | 我去找 |
[11:56] | – Got it! – Shh! What if we get caught? | -找到了 -轻点 我们被抓了怎么办 |
[12:00] | I think it’s been established that security | 我觉得大家都知道 |
[12:02] | in this building is not great. | 这地方的安保不好 |
[12:05] | – Right. – Okay. | -也是 -好了 |
[12:08] | I can do it. | 我给你戴 |
[12:11] | I think. | 我想能行 |
[12:18] | Got it. | 好了 |
[12:28] | Wanna see who can hold their breath the longest? | 想比比谁能憋气更久吗 |
[12:30] | No. | 不想 |
[12:34] | I wanna kiss you. | 我想吻你 |
[12:48] | How’s that? | 这怎么样 |
[12:51] | That better? | 好点吗 |
[12:55] | Gosh, your calves have gotten so strong. | 天呐 你的小腿变得真健壮 |
[12:59] | Well, I ran 12 miles today. | 我今天跑了12英里 |
[13:01] | 12? | 12英里 |
[13:06] | I don’t know what to do about this challenge. | 我不知道该怎么回应这个挑战 |
[13:09] | No, it–it’s insulting. | 是真的 这太侮辱人了 |
[13:11] | Now I’m the leader of the opposition, | 我是反对党的领袖 |
[13:14] | and they should send their girl wonder | 他们应该派出王牌姑娘 |
[13:16] | – to debate me, not to– – I told you. | -来和我辩论 而不是 -我说了 |
[13:18] | Ignore it. | 别管它 |
[13:20] | I’ve never turned down an invitation to– | 我从没拒绝过为《平权修正案》 |
[13:23] | to debate on the ERA, | 辩论的机会 |
[13:26] | and they’re gonna say I’m scared. | 他们肯定会说我害怕了 |
[13:27] | Scared? | 害怕 |
[13:28] | I’ve never even heard of Brenda Fasteau. | 我从没听说过这个布兰达·法斯托 |
[13:31] | She’s nobody. | 她就是个无名小卒 |
[13:32] | Well, and no, she helped write the amicus brief | 也不是 她帮助撰写了弗朗蒂罗诉理查森案的 |
[13:32] | 美国最高法院的标志性案件 裁定美国军方给予军人家庭的福利 不能因性别而有所不同 | |
[13:36] | for Frontiero v. Richardson. | 非当事人意见陈述 |
[13:40] | She’s a lawyer. | 她是个律师 |
[13:43] | Now what if this is some kind of trap, | 如果这是个陷阱怎么办 |
[13:45] | that, uh, they’re trying to humiliate me | 他们想要羞辱我 |
[13:47] | that I don’t have a law degree? | 说我没有法学位 |
[13:52] | What was the biggest sticking point | 巴黎和平协定会上 |
[13:53] | between the North and South Vietnamese | 北越和南越谈不拢的 |
[13:55] | during the Paris peace talks? | 最大分歧是什么 |
[13:57] | The shape of the negotiating table. | 谈判局势 |
[13:59] | So if you don’t like the terms of the debate, | 所以如果你不喜欢辩论时的用语 |
[14:03] | change the shape of the table. | 改变谈判局势即可 |
[14:07] | So you respond | 你就回应 |
[14:09] | that since the ERA is going to, | 因为《平权修正案》想要 |
[14:11] | destroy the institution of marriage, | 摧毁婚姻制度 |
[14:13] | the debate ought to be between couples. | 因此辩论应在夫妻之间进行 |
[14:16] | And that way you can bring your lawyer husband with you | 那你就能名正言顺带上你的律师丈夫 |
[14:18] | and protect you from her Supreme Court credentials. | 以免她搬出最高法院的资质来压你 |
[14:24] | Well, you’d–you’d have to travel with me. | 但那样你得和我一起出差 |
[14:27] | Can you swing that with work? | 你工作调得过来吗 |
[14:29] | It’s my law firm. I can do whatever I like. | 那是我的律所 我想怎样都行 |
[14:36] | Thank you, Daddy. | 谢谢 孩子他爸 |
[14:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:59] | 法学院入学考试登记处 请在此签到 | |
[15:03] | May I help you with something, ma’am? | 有什么可以帮你的吗 女士 |
[15:05] | I’m here to take the LSAT. | 我来参加法学院入学考试 |
[15:09] | Oh, the registration’s under Bruce Schlafly, | 报名的是布鲁斯·施拉夫利 |
[15:11] | but I called, and they said I could take it instead. | 但我打电话问过 他们说可以改成我 |
[15:18] | I’m his mother. | 我是他母亲 |
[15:26] | You enjoyed yourself. | 你很享受啊 |
[15:27] | Stop. | 少来 |
[15:33] | That was incredible. | 太爽了 |
[15:41] | You’re so much more open and… | 你放开了很多 |
[15:46] | you let me know everything you wanted. | 而且想我怎么来都直说 |
[15:53] | Did something happen when you were in D. C.? | 你在华盛顿遇到什么事了吗 |
[16:02] | No. | 没有 |
[16:05] | You didn’t sleep with someone? | 你没和别人睡吧 |
[16:10] | I would never sleep with another man. You know that. | 我绝不会和别的男人睡 这一点你知道 |
[16:12] | I would never do that. | 绝对不会 |
[16:24] | You would never sleep with another… man? | 你绝不会和别的…男人睡 |
[16:30] | It was a very spontaneous thing. | 那完全是个意外 |
[16:32] | Gloria had dinner plans, and | 格洛莉亚和人约了吃饭 |
[16:35] | I had met this photographer earlier in the day with her named Jules. | 白天我遇到了那个摄影师 叫茱尔斯 |
[16:39] | – Jules. – And I had way too many drinks, | -茱尔斯 -我喝了太多酒 |
[16:44] | and…and then… | 然后就… |
[16:48] | I wasn’t not gonna tell you. | 我没打算瞒着你 |
[16:50] | I just…haven’t. I just didn’t tell you yet. | 我只是… 没来得及告诉你 |
[16:56] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[17:00] | – It is? – Yes. | -是吗 -是 |
[17:03] | Yeah, it’s okay. Come here. | 这没什么 过来 |
[17:06] | Look… | 听着 |
[17:07] | If it was another man… | 如果是别的男人 |
[17:09] | that would be something else entirely, but… | 情况就完全不一样了 不过… |
[17:13] | a woman? I mean… | 女人嘛 |
[17:16] | that’s practically a rite of passage | 只能算是激进女权分子的 |
[17:17] | for a radical feminist. | 成人礼吧 |
[17:20] | I mean, I’ve always… | 我其实一直… |
[17:23] | wanted to experience sex once with a woman. | 想试试和女人做爱的感觉 |
[17:26] | Well, now you have. | 这下你试过了 |
[17:34] | – Well, that’s what I thought. – We win Missouri… | -我是这么想的 -我们赢下了密苏里 |
[17:36] | Well, we’ve talked about going to Illinois next week. | 我们讨论过 下周开始伊利诺伊的活动 |
[17:38] | Sorry, sorry, sorry. Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 抱歉我来迟了 |
[17:40] | I have just received an interesting message | 我刚收到《明日秀》制作人 |
[17:43] | from a producer on “The Tomorrow Show.” | 发来的一条有趣的消息 |
[17:45] | Tom Snyder has invited Brenda and her husband | 汤姆·斯奈德邀请布兰达和她老公 |
[17:50] | to appear on the show in a couples debate | 和施拉夫利夫妇一起上节目 |
[17:52] | with the Schlaflys. | 以夫妻形式辩论 |
[17:54] | What? | 什么 |
[17:55] | A couples debate with me and Marc? | 找我和马克做夫妻辩论 |
[17:58] | And Fred and Phyllis, yes. | 是的 与弗莱德和菲莉丝对辩 |
[18:00] | Apparently she suggested the idea. | 这明显是她的主意 |
[18:02] | Of course she did, because he’s the one | 当然了 因为她的台词 |
[18:04] | feeding her the lines. It’s a trap. | 都是她老公给的 这是个陷阱 |
[18:06] | Maybe she was hoping you weren’t married | 说不定她本来盼着你没结婚 |
[18:07] | so she could worm her way out of debating you. | 她好耍赖 不和你辩论 |
[18:09] | Yeah, she likes to paint us all as man-hating lesbians. | 她喜欢把我们描绘成痛恨男人的蕾丝 |
[18:12] | Well, the joke’s on her. | 到时闹笑话的是她 |
[18:13] | You go on TV and look like Barbie’s DreamHouse | 你就去上电视 让这帮穷乡僻壤的土老帽看看 |
[18:17] | for all of flyover land to see. | 芭比梦幻屋长什么样子 |
[18:19] | Yes, but if she and Fred beat Marc and Brenda, | 但万一她和弗莱德赢了马克和布兰达怎么办 |
[18:22] | you know, that gives Phyllis a boost in Illinois, | 那等于帮菲莉丝在伊利诺伊州铺路 |
[18:24] | and we have to get Illinois to ratify this year. | 我们今年必须让伊利诺伊州批准修正案 |
[18:27] | No, we made a challenge. | 不行 战书是我们下的 |
[18:29] | She either has to accept it or not. | 她要么接受 要么拒绝 |
[18:31] | I’m not in charge of TV show bookings. | 电视台节目又不是我说了算 |
[18:33] | The whole point of this was to go on the offensive, | 这件事的重点是主动出击 |
[18:36] | and she’s got us playing defense again. | 但她又逼得我们被动防守 |
[18:38] | Now we’re trying to prove we’re as white, straight, and married | 难道我们现在要证明自己和菲莉丝夫妇 |
[18:40] | as Phyllis and Mr. Phyllis Schlafly? | 一样又白又直还已婚吗 |
[18:41] | What we should do is send a lesbian couple. | 我们干脆派一对女同性恋去吧 |
[18:43] | Oh, very funny. | 你可真幽默 |
[18:45] | – I think that’s a good idea. – Oh, look, don’t start. | -我觉得这主意挺好的 -想都别想 |
[18:47] | I’m going straight from this meeting | 这个会开完 我紧接着就要去 |
[18:48] | and meeting with the National Gay Task Force. | 全国同性恋工作组织的会 |
[18:52] | But she happens to have a husband | 她恰好有个丈夫 |
[18:53] | who happens to be a magnificent hunk of a man, | 她丈夫还恰好一表人才 |
[18:55] | and I’m not going to apologize | 想到菲莉丝·施拉夫利 |
[18:57] | that the image of Phyllis Schlafly | 打脸的画面 |
[18:59] | eating her words gives me a warm feeling | 我下体就流过一股暖流 |
[19:01] | down in my kishkes. | 我可不会为此抱歉 |
[19:04] | Why aren’t you more excited? Why isn’t she more excited? | 你为什么都不兴奋 为什么她不兴奋 |
[19:08] | It’s fine. We’ll do the show. | 没问题 我们会上节目 |
[19:11] | – Good. – Mistake. | -好 -这是个错误 |
[19:14] | Great. So that’s settled. | 太好了 就这么定了 |
[19:16] | Next on our agenda, we have gotten | 下一个日程 我们在74年 |
[19:19] | – a great response… – Everything okay? | -开启的… -你还好吗 |
[19:20] | …to the launch of our Win With Women in ’74 campaign. | …和女性共赢的宣传得到了积极响应 |
[19:23] | – Yeah. – We are making a push | -很好 -我们要大力 |
[19:24] | to support women candidates. | 支持女性候选人 |
[19:26] | You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to. | 如果你不愿意去的话 不用勉强 |
[19:28] | Of course I wanna do the show. | 我当然想上节目 |
[19:29] | I’ll do anything to win Illinois for us, and so will Marc. | 只要能争取到伊利诺伊州 我和马克做什么都行 |
[19:32] | Besides, it’ll be great publicity for his book. | 再者 这样还能好好宣传一下他的书 |
[19:35] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[19:39] | Fantastic. | 了不起 |
[20:11] | Jules. | 茱尔斯 |
[20:20] | Nice moves. | 舞步不错啊 |
[20:21] | – Not bad, huh? – Yeah. | -还不错吧 -是啊 |
[20:23] | We’re making a goodbye toast to Margaret. | 我们要举杯送别玛格丽特 |
[20:26] | – Where are you going? – San Francisco. | -你要去哪里 -旧金山 |
[20:28] | Not San Francisco. Oakland. | 不是旧金山 是奥克兰 |
[20:31] | I haven’t told Gloria yet. | 我还没告诉格洛丽娅 |
[20:35] | The Left Coast is calling me. | 左海岸在召唤我 |
[20:37] | To Margaret. | 敬玛格丽特 |
[20:38] | – To Margaret. – Thank you. | -敬玛格丽特 -谢谢你们 |
[20:43] | The palm trees and Panthers, | 那里有棕榈树 黑豹党 |
[20:45] | the Pacific and the poets. | 太平洋 还有诗人 |
[20:47] | Earthquakes and Reagan. | 以及地震 里根 |
[20:48] | The love-ins and living-out-loud life. | 那种谈情说爱 活出自我的生活 |
[20:51] | Feels like I’ll find my people there. | 感觉我能在那里找到意气相投的人 |
[20:53] | – Oh, we’re not your people? – Yes. | -难道我们不是吗 -当然是 |
[20:54] | And you’re my people, and you’re my people. | 你也是 还有你也是 |
[20:57] | I go to NOW meetings on Monday, | 我周一去全国妇女组织的会 |
[20:59] | National Black Feminist Organization on Tuesday, | 周二去国家黑人女性组织的会 |
[21:02] | Lesbian Alliance on Wednesday, and PTA on Thursday. | 周三去女同性恋联盟的会 周四还有家长会 |
[21:05] | It’s exhausting. | 太疲惫了 |
[21:06] | Is California any different? | 到加州就会有不同吗 |
[21:08] | See for yourself. Brenda and her husband | 自己去感受吧 布兰达和她丈夫 |
[21:11] | are going to be on “The Tomorrow Show” | 要上《明日秀》 |
[21:12] | to debate the Schlaflys about the ERA | 就《平权修正案》和施拉夫利夫妇辩论 |
[21:14] | because they are the perfect heterosexual couple. | 因为他们是完美的异性恋夫妻 |
[21:21] | Just made you come in the bathroom three times. | 我刚可是让你在洗手间高潮了三次 |
[21:23] | There’s no windows here. | 这里又没窗户 |
[21:24] | What do you expect, Jules? | 你还想怎样 茱尔斯 |
[21:25] | She’s basically a suburban housewife. | 她也就是个市郊家庭主妇 |
[21:27] | Don’t let them bully you, okay? | 别让她们欺负你 知道吗 |
[21:29] | I live in Chappaqua with my husband and three boys, | 我和丈夫还有三个孩子住在查巴克 |
[21:32] | and I teach third grade, and it works for me. | 我是个三年级教师 我觉得挺好 |
[21:35] | We live in the city. | 我们住在市里 |
[21:51] | How about… | 这个怎么样 |
[21:52] | “Eve came from Adam’s rib. | “夏娃来自于亚当的肋骨 |
[21:54] | It’s time to abort women’s lib”? | 现在该中止妇女解放” |
[22:00] | I say we just stick with “Jam and sham.” | 我觉得还是继续用”困境与骗局”吧 |
[22:03] | It’s just that “Abort” is more emotional. | 可是”中止”更加感性一点 |
[22:09] | STOP ERA. Rosemary speaking. | 反对ERA 我是萝丝玛丽 |
[22:12] | Big mistake putting Rosemary in charge of the bullhorn. | 让萝丝玛丽负责扬声器发言真是大错特错 |
[22:15] | Well, I tried to put you in charge. | 我试过让你负责 |
[22:17] | I can’t speak in front of hundreds of people. | 我没法对着几百个人讲话 |
[22:21] | How did it go with Bruce’s LSATs, by the way? | 对了 布鲁斯的法学院入学考试怎么样 |
[22:25] | Very well. | 很好 |
[22:26] | – Wonderful. – He wants to go to med school. | -太棒了 -他想上医学院 |
[22:29] | Yeah, I’ll be right back. | 失陪一下 |
[22:30] | That would be great. | 那就太好了 |
[22:34] | Can I help you? | 你有什么事吗 |
[22:35] | Is this where a John Schlafly lives? | 是有个约翰·施拉夫利住这里吗 |
[22:39] | Oh, he’s not at home. May I help you? | 他不在家 你有什么事吗 |
[22:43] | I found his wallet. | 我捡到了他的钱包 |
[22:46] | Well, I’ll make sure he gets it. Thank you. | 我会转交给他的 谢谢你 |
[22:49] | He should be more careful with his stuff. | 他应该对自己的东西更留心些 |
[22:52] | Not everyone’s as thoughtful as me. | 不是所有人都像我这么贴心 |
[22:58] | You know what? You deserve a reward | 为了你的公民责任感 |
[23:00] | for your sense of… civic duty. | 你应该获得奖赏 |
[23:24] | Well, that should be enough, right? | 这样应该够了 对吧 |
[23:40] | Are you going to Trader Vic’s or the Chateau Marmont? | 你要去垂德维克餐厅还是马尔蒙庄园酒店 |
[23:43] | Maybe you’ll see some movie stars. | 兴许你能碰上几位电影明星 |
[23:46] | Mom? Are you even listening? | 妈 你听我说话了吗 |
[23:50] | No, no, it’s a– it’s a work trip. | 不 不 这是去出差 |
[24:01] | Right. | 好了 |
[24:08] | So? | 那么 |
[24:09] | How was the LSAT? | 法学院入学考试怎么样 |
[24:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:18] | He didn’t take it. | 他没去考试 |
[24:20] | What do you mean, you didn’t take it? | 你说你没去考试是什么意思 |
[24:22] | I had an event at my fraternity. | 我们兄弟会有活动 |
[24:25] | He just didn’t feel he was ready. | 他只是觉得自己没准备好 |
[24:27] | You know how competitive he is. | 你知道他有多好胜 |
[24:29] | – He can take it next year. – Well, you should be ashamed. | -他可以明年再考 -你该感到羞耻 |
[24:32] | for wasting your mother’s time and my money. | 浪费了你妈的时间 和我的钱 |
[24:34] | I’ll pay you back. | 我还你就是了 |
[24:36] | Well, actually, the money didn’t go to waste. | 其实 钱并没有浪费 |
[24:40] | They let me take it instead. | 他们让我去考了 |
[24:43] | – What? – You took Bruce’s test? | -什么 -你去参加布鲁斯的考试了 |
[24:47] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[24:48] | It was a lark. You know me. | 我闹着玩的 你了解我的 |
[24:51] | I enjoy multiple choice and logic | 我喜欢选择题 逻辑题 |
[24:54] | and those sorts of things. | 诸如此类的东西 |
[24:58] | What a pointless thing to do. | 这么做真是毫无意义 |
[24:59] | As I said, it was a lark. | 我说了 只是闹着玩的 |
[25:03] | Well, if you didn’t want my money to go to waste, | 如果你不想浪费我的钱 |
[25:05] | you should’ve convinced this one to go instead. | 你本应该说服这个家伙去考试 |
[25:06] | I don’t wanna go into law. | 我不想上法学院 |
[25:08] | Well, you wanna do menial work for the rest of your life? | 你想一辈子做卑贱的工作吗 |
[25:10] | What’s wrong with you? | 你有什么毛病 |
[25:11] | There’s nothing wrong with him. | 他没什么毛病 |
[25:12] | Oh, why do you keep protecting him? | 你为什么总是护着他 |
[25:14] | Fred…this is our time as a family… | 弗莱德 这是我们一家人 |
[25:19] | …to relax and enjoy our dinner together. | 一起吃晚餐 共享天伦的时光 |
[25:30] | Bless us, O Lord, these thy gifts | 天主 你所赐的恩惠 |
[25:32] | which we are about to receive | 为基督我主所赏赐的一切 |
[25:33] | from thy bounty through Christ, our Lord. | 献上最诚挚的感恩 |
[25:41] | What are you working on? | 你在忙什么 |
[25:43] | An introduction to Marc’s book. | 给马克的书写序 |
[25:45] | Probably the best shot I’ve got at getting published | 也许是我在40岁前能出版的 |
[25:47] | before I turn 40. | 最佳机会了 |
[25:49] | You already published a book. | 你已经出过一本书了 |
[25:51] | “The Beach Book” is not a book. | 《海滩之书》算不上是书 |
[25:53] | You know… you’re too hard on yourself. | 你对自己太苛刻了 |
[25:56] | The dust jackets were made out of sun reflectors. | 书的护封是用反光布做的 |
[26:04] | Can I tell you something? | 我能跟你说件事吗 |
[26:05] | You’re also writing a book? | 你也在写书吗 |
[26:09] | Marc told me about Brenda… experimenting | 马克告诉我 布兰达在尝试新体验 |
[26:13] | What? | 什么 |
[26:14] | while you two were in D.C., some photographer? | 你俩在华盛顿时 和一个摄影师 |
[26:20] | She didn’t tell me. | 她没告诉我 |
[26:22] | Sounded like it wasn’t a big deal. | 听上去不是什么大事 |
[26:25] | That man is enlightened, | 那家伙思想太前卫了 |
[26:26] | ’cause it sure as hell wouldn’t fly with me. | 要我肯定接受不了 |
[26:29] | Maybe we should rethink planning a vacation with them. | 要不我们再考虑下跟他们一起度假的事 |
[26:33] | You will find any excuse to not celebrate. | 你总能找到借口不庆祝 |
[26:37] | What’s to celebrate? Nothing is going well. | 有什么好庆祝的 诸事不顺 |
[26:41] | If I learned anything from my divorce, | 如果说我从离婚中学到什么 |
[26:44] | it’s to focus on the things you can control | 那就是关注你能控制的事 |
[26:48] | and change that. | 然后改变那些 |
[26:51] | Marlo called. She wants to donate the proceeds | 马洛来电话了 她想把《自由自在…你和我》的 |
[26:51] | 前者为女演员兼作家马洛·托马斯 后者为她创建和执行制作的儿童娱乐节目 | |
[26:54] | from “Free To Be… You and Me” to Ms. Foundation. | 收入捐给《女士杂志》基金会 |
[26:56] | It got me thinking. | 这让我想到 |
[26:58] | I could set up grants to focus on survival issues, | 我可以设立津贴 针对生存问题 |
[27:01] | working class women, battered wives, | 工薪阶层妇女 受虐待的妻子们 |
[27:03] | focus on marginalized groups. | 聚焦边缘群体 |
[27:05] | Maybe you could help me set that up. | 或许你能帮我建立 |
[27:07] | That is a great idea. | 那是个好主意 |
[27:13] | They’re taping a “Free To Be… You and Me” | 他们在录制《自由自在…你和我》 |
[27:15] | TV special next week. | 下周的电视特别节目 |
[27:18] | Do you think Kerrie and Kyle would enjoy | 你觉得凯里和凯尔会愿意 |
[27:20] | coming to the studio with me? | 和我一起去演播室吗 |
[27:26] | They would love it. | 他们会喜欢的 |
[27:28] | And maybe afterward, | 或许之后 |
[27:30] | we could get a slice of cake for my birthday. | 我们可以吃块蛋糕庆祝我生日 |
[27:34] | They like cake, right? | 他们喜欢蛋糕 对吗 |
[27:38] | Kids generally like cake. Yes. | 孩子通常都喜欢蛋糕 是的 |
[28:10] | If we have time, we should hike up to | 如果我们有时间 应该徒步去 |
[28:12] | the Griffith Park Observatory. | 格里菲斯天文台 |
[28:14] | It’s where they filmed “Rebel Without a Cause.” | 他们在那拍了《无因的反叛》 |
[28:16] | I think I need to go lie down. | 我觉得我要休息会 |
[28:18] | Okay, I’m just gonna stop by the concierge and get some maps. | 好吧 我去礼宾部拿些地图 |
[28:22] | – Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[28:23] | Oh, my God. It’s them. | 天啊 是他们 |
[28:27] | I hate Los Angeles. | 我讨厌洛杉矶 |
[28:30] | We probably won’t move until the summer, | 我们可能夏天才会搬走 |
[28:33] | but I’d like to take a few months to finish my book. | 但我想花几个月完成我的书 |
[28:36] | I didn’t know you were writing a book. | 我不知道你在写书 |
[28:38] | On black feminism. | 关于黑人女权主义的 |
[28:41] | Is there anything I can do to entice you to stay? | 我要做些什么才能吸引你留下呢 |
[28:44] | “Ms.” won’t be the same without your voice. | 没有了你 《女士杂志》会大变样 |
[28:47] | I think we’ll be happier in Oakland. | 我觉得我们在奥克兰会更幸福 |
[28:50] | You’re not happy here? | 你们在这不幸福吗 |
[28:59] | No, it’s just…the schools are better in Oakland. | 不 只是奥克兰的学校更好 |
[29:03] | You probably have to get going. | 你大概要出发了 |
[29:23] | Look who’s here. | 看看这是谁啊 |
[29:24] | Hi, Ms. Gloria. | 格洛丽娅女士 |
[29:30] | Is something wrong? | 出什么问题了吗 |
[29:33] | Margaret just quit. | 玛格丽特刚刚辞职了 |
[29:36] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[29:37] | She’s moving to Oakland. | 她要搬去奥克兰 |
[29:38] | You know, better schools there for her daughter. | 那有对她女儿来说更好的学校 |
[29:42] | Is that what she told you? | 她是那么说的吗 |
[29:49] | You excited to see how a television show gets made? | 你们激动吗 要去看怎么制作电视节目了噢 |
[29:52] | Oh, yeah. We’ve been listening to the record all week. | 我们已经听了一周这个专辑了 |
[29:56] | Tell Ms. Gloria what your favorite song is. | 告诉格洛丽娅女士你最喜欢的歌是什么 |
[29:58] | “It’s Alright to Cry.” | 《尽情哭泣》 |
[30:01] | It’s one of my favorite songs, too. | 那也是我最喜欢的歌之一 |
[30:16] | What’s going on? You okay? | 怎么了 你还好吗 |
[30:19] | I think I’m pregnant. | 我觉得我怀孕了 |
[30:27] | We’re gonna have a baby? | 我们要有宝宝了吗 |
[30:31] | This is incredible. A baby. | 太好了 一个宝宝 |
[30:33] | Oh, my goodness. | 天啊 |
[30:39] | Okay, uh, so look, | 好吧 听着 |
[30:42] | we can put the crib in our room for the first few months, | 头几个月我们可以在卧室放个婴儿床 |
[30:44] | but then we gotta start looking for a 2-bedroom. | 但之后我们得找个两居室 |
[30:47] | And hey, hey, I know it’s scary, | 我知道这有点可怕 |
[30:48] | but it’s not like we haven’t talked about it. | 但我们之前说过这事 |
[30:51] | It’s just it’s the timing of it. | 只是在这个时间点 |
[30:53] | Are we even ready? | 我们准备好了吗 |
[30:55] | Hey, but it’s never the right time, right? | 但永远不会有对的时间 不是吗 |
[30:56] | 美国最高法院大法官露丝·巴德·金斯伯格 和其税法律师丈夫马丁·戴维·金斯伯格 两人相互扶持 情比金坚 | |
[30:56] | That’s what Ruth and Marty always say. | 就像露丝和马蒂说的那样 |
[30:57] | – Yeah, but– – You’re worried | -对 但 -你担心 |
[30:58] | – about your career? – I don’t know! | -你的工作吗 -我不知道 |
[31:00] | I don’t know what I think because you keep talking. | 我不知道我怎么想 因为你一直说个不停 |
[31:09] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[31:18] | Brenda, I’m listening. | 布兰达 我在听 |
[31:26] | I slept with Jules again. | 我又和茱尔斯上床了 |
[31:34] | When? | 什么时候 |
[31:38] | She lives in the city. | 她住在城里 |
[31:42] | And we’ve been seeing each other. | 我们一直在约会 |
[31:49] | I thought you were just looking to experiment. | 我以为你只想找些新体验 |
[31:54] | So are you leaving me for her? | 那你要抛下我去找她吗 |
[31:57] | No. | 不 |
[32:00] | Look, can we talk about this later? | 我们能晚点再谈吗 |
[32:06] | I forgot. We have to go on television | 我忘了 我们还得上电视 |
[32:09] | and pretend to be the perfect married couple. | 假装是一对完美的夫妻 |
[32:11] | We don’t have to do the show. | 我们不是非得上节目 |
[32:12] | We have to go. Everyone’s counting on us. | 我们必须得去 所有人都指望我们呢 |
[32:16] | We can smile. We can fake it. | 我们可以微笑 可以假装幸福 |
[32:17] | That’s apparently what you’ve been doing anyway. | 反正你一直都这么干 |
[32:54] | Did either of you cross paths with Paul Freund | 你们俩在哈佛时是否和保罗·弗罗因德 |
[32:56] | while you were at Harvard? | 打过交道 |
[32:57] | We had him for Constitutional Law. | 他教我们宪法 |
[33:00] | He was my classmate. | 他是我的同学 |
[33:02] | And does he know your wife has been citing his article | 他知道你妻子在各州立法机构前游说时 |
[33:04] | on the ERA in her testimony before state legislatures? | 一直在援引他的文章反对《平权修正案》吗 |
[33:07] | Mis-citing. | 错误援引 |
[33:09] | We’re not in touch. | 我们没有联系 |
[33:12] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[33:16] | Do you have children? | 你有孩子吗 |
[33:17] | – No. Not yet, no. – No. | -不 还没有 -没有 |
[33:21] | You know when I miss Cambridge the most? In the fall. | 你知道我最怀念坎布里奇的什么吗 秋天 |
[33:23] | Oh, that foliage. | 那落叶 |
[33:25] | Made studying for torts less bleak. | 连侵权法学着都不觉得烦闷了 |
[33:29] | First, let me introduce Brenda and Marc Fasteau– | 首先 为大家介绍布兰达和马克·法斯托 |
[33:33] | Brenda Feigen Fasteau is 30 years of age, | 布兰达·费根·法斯托30岁了 |
[33:36] | and she is a graduate of the Harvard Law School, | 她毕业于哈佛法学院 |
[33:39] | the full-time director | 美国公民自由联盟 |
[33:40] | of the American Civil Liberties Union’s | 妇女权利项目的 |
[33:42] | women’s rights project | 全职领导人 |
[33:43] | and a strong advocate of the Equal Rights Amendment. | 以及《平等权利修正案》的强烈拥护者 |
[33:47] | Her husband is Marc Feigen Fasteau. | 她的丈夫是马克·费根·法斯托 |
[33:50] | He is 31, also a graduate of the Harvard Law School. | 他今年31岁 也是哈佛法学院的毕业生 |
[33:53] | He is a lawyer, uh, and is now putting together a book | 他是个律师 现在正在写一本书 |
[33:56] | about male sexual stereotyping. | 关于男性的性刻板印象 |
[33:59] | On the other side of the issue are Phyllis and Fred Schlafly. | 辩论的另一方是菲莉丝和弗莱德·施拉夫利夫妇 |
[34:02] | Mrs. Schlafly, a housewife and mother of six, | 施拉夫利太太是位家庭主妇 有六个孩子 |
[34:05] | is the head of STOP ERA, | 是”反对ERA”的领导人 |
[34:07] | the national organization which opposes the Equal Rights Amendment. | 即反对《平等权利修正案》的国家组织 |
[34:11] | Now Mr. Schlafly is a lawyer, | 施拉夫利先生是名律师 |
[34:13] | and he strongly supports his wife’s efforts. | 他坚决支持他妻子的奋斗 |
[34:15] | Now I am told that Mrs. Schlafly ran for the Congress twice | 我听说施拉夫利太太在伊利诺伊州 |
[34:18] | – in the state of Illinois… – That’s right. | -竞选过两次国会议员 -是的 |
[34:19] | …and lost both times. | 两次都落选了 |
[34:21] | She thanked all the people who voted for her, | 她感谢所有投票给她的人 |
[34:24] | and her husband thanked | 而她丈夫则感谢 |
[34:25] | all the people who did not vote for her. | 所有没投票给她的人 |
[34:27] | – Right, Marc, yeah. – I’m Marc. | -是的 马克 -我是马克 |
[34:29] | Uh, yes, uh, Tom. Right. | 是的 汤姆 没错 |
[34:31] | So the ERA has been ratified by 33 states so far. | 目前为止 已有33个州批准了《平权修正案》 |
[34:35] | Uh, it will have to be ratified by 38 states– | 而法案必须得到38个州的批准才能… |
[34:36] | And that’s two that have rescinded. | 有两个州已经撤销批准了 |
[34:38] | Nebraska and Tennessee are– | 内布拉斯加州和田纳西州 |
[34:38] | But states aren’t really able to rescind, | 但州政府无权撤销批准 |
[34:40] | so the first thing is to acknowledge the truth, | 所以首先我们要认清现实 |
[34:41] | which is that women are discriminated against. | 即女性受到了歧视 |
[34:44] | Well, I don’t acknowledge that at all. | 我一点也不这么认为 |
[34:45] | Well, then I’ll just lay out my version of the truth. | 那我就说出我所见的事实吧 |
[34:47] | Before we get into that, I–I’d–I would like to give | 在我们深入讨论之前 我想给 |
[34:49] | Mrs. Schlafly and Mr. Schlafly an opportunity | 施拉夫利太太和施拉夫利先生一个机会 |
[34:52] | to enumerate what they think this amendment means, | 具体说说他们认为这项修正案意味着什么 |
[34:54] | and then we’ll come over to this side, | 然后我们再转向这一方 |
[34:56] | and you can say what you and Marc think it means. | 你再跟我们说说你和马克对修正案的看法 |
[34:59] | – Is that okay? – I’ll say what I think, | -这样可以吗 -我会说我的想法 |
[35:00] | and Marc will say what he thinks. | 马克也会说他的想法 |
[35:01] | Okay, everyone will say what they think. All right? Fine. | 好 大家都各抒己见 行吗 很好 |
[35:05] | Here we go. Mr. Schlafly. | 开始吧 施拉夫利先生 |
[35:06] | Well, under the ERA, | 根据《平权修正案》 |
[35:08] | the poor girls would have to support the family 50%. | 可怜的姑娘们不得不供养家庭一半的花销 |
[35:11] | Oh, but, but wouldn’t we be getting something for that, Fred? | 但我们难道不会获益吗 弗莱德 |
[35:14] | – Oh, first, Tom… – We may well perhaps. | -首先 汤姆 -也许能有点好处 |
[35:15] | Uh, let me just say, | 请让我直言 |
[35:17] | the ERA would, uh, | 《平权修正案》会 |
[35:19] | impose a doctrinaire equality on men and women | 给男女强加教条主义的平等 |
[35:23] | and take away from women | 并且从女人那夺走 |
[35:25] | some of the most important rights and privileges | 一些现在对女人来说至关重要 |
[35:28] | they now have by law, | 由法律授予的权利和特权 |
[35:29] | and that’s why we think it’s a fraud. | 所以我认为《平权修正案》就是个骗局 |
[35:32] | Can you give us an example of what you mean? | 你能给我们一个具体案例说明你的意见吗 |
[35:34] | Well, uh, for example, uh, under our current system, | 比如说 在现有的法律体系下 |
[35:38] | uh, in a case of a breakup of marriage, | 在婚姻破裂的情况下 |
[35:40] | the mother gets the children. | 孩子的抚养权归母亲 |
[35:42] | Now, uh, who wants to trade that in for a so-called equality | 谁想用父母双方各得到一个孩子的抚养权方式 |
[35:46] | whereby each, uh, parent gets one child? | 来交换所谓的平等呢 |
[35:49] | The ERA does not say that in the case of divorce, | 《平权修正案》并没有提到离婚的情况下 |
[35:52] | – each parent gets one child. – Oh, yes, it does. | -父母各得到一个孩子 -有 它提到过 |
[35:53] | It says you have to interpret things absolutely equally. | 它说你必须绝对平等地理解事物 |
[35:56] | Well, what if she has one child, would it be cut in half? | 那如果只有一个孩子呢 难道切成两半吗 |
[35:58] | Oh, well, you– you can joke all you want. | 你想怎么开玩笑都行 |
[36:01] | I mean, the courts, uh, would decide, | 但法院就会判决 |
[36:03] | as they did, uh, with a recent Washington, D. C., case, | 就像最近华盛顿特区一案的判决一样 |
[36:07] | where three children were given to the father, | 三个孩子的抚养权归父亲 |
[36:10] | and the mother had to pay child support. | 母亲却得支付抚养费 |
[36:12] | – What was the name of the case? – It’s crazy to say that was | -那个案例的名字是什么 -真是太疯狂了 |
[36:13] | an advance for women, but the– | 如果说这是女性的进步 但是 |
[36:15] | the larger issue is that the ERA erodes the institution of marriage, | 更大的问题是 《平权修正案》侵蚀了婚姻制度 |
[36:19] | not just divorce– | 不止在离婚方面 |
[36:19] | – Cite the case. – The case? | -援引案例 -案例 |
[36:22] | Well, I’d have to look it up, but the point is– | 我得去查一下才行 但重点是 |
[36:23] | You don’t know the name of the case? | 你不知道案例的名字 |
[36:24] | Well, there’s so many cases. | 这样的案例太多了 |
[36:26] | We don’t have time to cite them all. | 我们没有时间一一援引 |
[36:27] | – Just cite the one case. – We don’t have time to cite them all. | -援引一个就行 -我们没有时间一一援引 |
[36:29] | Just name this one case. | 援引这一个就行 |
[36:30] | The point is, if everything must be equal, | 重点是 如果所有事都必须平等 |
[36:32] | then the logical extension of the ERA | 那按照《平权修正案》的逻辑 |
[36:34] | is that we would have a gender-neutral society… | 我们就会处于一个不分性别的社会 |
[36:35] | – or homosexuals will have… – You have scared the women of America | -同性恋就会… -你在恐吓美国女性 |
[36:37] | into believing something that is not based in reality, | 迫使她们相信一个无事实依据的论点 |
[36:40] | but when you argue an actual point | 但当你在现实生活中 |
[36:41] | in the real world in a court of law, | 在法庭上与人辩论时 |
[36:43] | you need to cite a case to support your argument, | 你需要援引案例来支持你的论点 |
[36:44] | so cite the case. | 所以援引案例吧 |
[36:50] | Well, I think it was Foley vs. Langham or Lancaster. | 我记得是弗雷诉兰厄姆或兰卡斯特 |
[36:52] | Something like that. | 或者类似的名字 |
[36:54] | – No, there is no such case. – Oh, yes, there is. | -没有这个案例 -当然有 |
[36:57] | – But you see– – Did you just make up a case? | -但是你看 -你是现编了一个案例吗 |
[36:58] | I’m not a lawyer. No. I’m the wife of a lawyer, | 我不是律师 我是律师的妻子 |
[37:01] | and I really do think that’s more fun, | 而我觉得这样更有趣 |
[37:03] | and I get tired of the feminists… | 我厌倦了女权主义者们 |
[37:03] | Well, listen, I doubt we’re gonna get to agree on this at all, | 听着 我怀疑我们根本不能达成一致观点 |
[37:05] | – so we should just move on. – There is no disagreeing on fact. | -所以我们继续下个话题吧 -事实没有异议 |
[37:06] | The fact is there is no Foley vs. Langham case. | 事实就是根本没有弗雷诉兰厄姆案 |
[37:08] | Also a fact is that you are not really a housewife. | 还有个事实就是你不是真的家庭主妇 |
[37:11] | You are a full-time lobbyist working to defeat the ERA | 你是全职说客 专为阻止《平权修正案》的通过 |
[37:14] | so that businessmen can continue to make millions of dollars… | 好让男人们在商界继续赚大钱 |
[37:17] | – No, no, no, no. – …discriminating against women when they work, | -不不不 -在女性工作时 买保险时 |
[37:20] | when they buy insurance, | 还有生产时 |
[37:21] | – and when they give birth. – No, well, I don’t work for anyone. | -歧视她们 -我不为任何人工作 |
[37:23] | Oh, great, so you’re a patsy. | 真棒 那你就是个傀儡 |
[37:24] | The majority of the money– | 大部分的钱财 |
[37:25] | Well, maybe you should stick to baking | 也许你该专心烤面包 |
[37:26] | and leave interpreting the law to the lawyers. | 把解释法律的工作留给律师 |
[37:29] | Okay. You both have some opinionated wives, | 好了 两位的太太都很有自己的看法 |
[37:32] | but seriously, let’s bring the fellas in on this | 但说真的 我们让男士们也参与进来 |
[37:35] | and have them get a word in. | 让他们也说几句吧 |
[37:37] | Marc, you are in what you call an equal marriage. | 马克 你说自己的婚姻是平等婚姻 |
[37:41] | So let me ask you this. | 那我问你 |
[37:42] | Who wears the pants in your family? | 你们家谁穿裤子[主掌大权] |
[37:45] | Well, we both do. Uh, Brenda looks much better in them | 我俩都穿 但布兰达穿着 |
[37:48] | than I do. | 比我好看很多 |
[37:50] | But, um, our marriage was– was really forged | 不过 我们的婚姻着实是从 |
[37:53] | in the crucible of feminism, so we don’t have assigned roles. | 女权的熔炉里锻造出来 所以我们不界定角色 |
[37:55] | And, Fred, how about you? | 那弗莱德 你们呢 |
[37:57] | Well, your wife has a very strong and– | 你妻子给人感觉很强势 |
[37:59] | and dominant kind of style. | 占主导地位 |
[38:01] | She wear the pants in your family? | 在家是她说了算吗 |
[38:02] | No, she doesn’t. | 不 不是 |
[38:04] | I’m obviously physically larger than she is. | 显然我的体格比她大 |
[38:08] | Yeah, well, he chins himself 25 times every morning. | 是啊 他每天早上要做25个引体向上呢 |
[38:11] | And, uh, she’s very, uh, submissive. | 而且她其实 很顺从 |
[38:15] | Sub-submissive? | 顺…顺从 |
[38:17] | Wait. Phyllis Schlafly submissive? | 等等 菲莉丝·施拉夫利顺从 |
[38:20] | I just–I… Well, I can’t even, uh… | 我真是 我已经无法 |
[38:24] | Is that right? | 是真的吗 |
[38:27] | Well, um, Fred’s the boss of the family, | 这个嘛 弗莱德是家里的老大 |
[38:29] | and, um… | 而且 |
[38:32] | All right. Well, speaking of submissive, | 好了 说到服从命令 |
[38:36] | we’ve got some bills to pay here, so… | 我们都得养家糊口 所以 |
[38:58] | – And what was that all about? – I don’t like your tone. | -刚才那算什么 -我不喜欢你的语气 |
[39:01] | You hung me out to dry! | 你把我晾在一边 |
[39:02] | You made up a case, and I couldn’t defend you | 你编造了一个案子 我没法支持你 |
[39:04] | without looking foolish. | 那会让我显得很蠢 |
[39:05] | Well, you could’ve jumped in earlier. | 那你至少能早点插话啊 |
[39:08] | – If you had stopped talking… – Oh, no, no, no. | -如果你能停嘴一会 -不不不 |
[39:10] | You just sat there. Why do you think– | 你只是坐在那无动于衷 你觉得我为什么 |
[39:13] | – What? – I brought you. | -怎么 -带你来这里 |
[39:17] | That LSAT wasn’t a lark, was it? | 法学院入学考试不是闹着玩 对吧 |
[39:19] | You’re applying to law school. | 你要申请法学院 |
[39:20] | – Is that such a crazy idea? – Yes! Absolutely crazy. | -这有那么疯狂吗 -是的 疯狂至极 |
[39:23] | No, you don’t think I could get in. | 不 你只是觉得我不会被录取 |
[39:25] | It’s not a matter of whether you could get in. | 这与你是否被录取无关 |
[39:27] | I have raised six children. They’re almost all grown– | 我养大了六个孩子 他们都快成年了 |
[39:30] | You are too old. | 你太老了 |
[39:35] | Who applies to law school at 50? | 谁50岁了还申请法学院啊 |
[39:37] | You can’t stop me from going. | 你无法阻止我去 |
[39:38] | Well, who’s going to pay for it? | 那好 谁来付学费 |
[39:41] | I have let you run around this country with your cause. | 我任凭你为自己的事业追求 在全国上下奔走 |
[39:44] | It’s our cause, Fred. It’s our cause. | 是我们的追求 弗莱德 我们的追求 |
[39:46] | I… am the lawyer in the family. | 我 才是家中的律师 |
[39:49] | Don’t worry. I’m not looking to practice estate law! | 别担心 我也不打算做不动产律师 |
[39:59] | You made a sacred promise to me when we were married, | 我们结婚时你向我许下了神圣的誓言 |
[40:02] | or have you forgotten? | 还是说你已经忘了 |
[40:04] | I’ve not forgotten. | 我没有忘 |
[40:07] | But you can’t blame me if you didn’t do more | 但你不能怪我 因为是你没有好好利用 |
[40:09] | with your law degree to save our country. | 你的法学学位来拯救国家 |
[40:19] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[40:20] | I don’t need to explain myself to you. | 我没必要向你解释 |
[40:51] | God, that was tremendous. | 天呐 今晚你太优秀了 |
[40:53] | You were pretty amazing. | 你也很厉害 |
[40:56] | Thank you. Thank you. We make a great team. | 谢谢 谢谢 我们是个很棒的团队 |
[41:04] | Are you in love with her? | 你爱她吗 |
[41:10] | I don’t even know if I like her. | 我都不知道我喜不喜欢她 |
[41:15] | I’m sorry I lied to you. | 抱歉我骗了你 |
[41:21] | I’m sorry. I’m… | 我很抱歉 我… |
[41:24] | I’m confused, and…um… | 我很困惑 而且 |
[41:30] | What? | 怎么了 |
[41:42] | I really love being with a woman. | 我真的很喜欢跟女人在一起 |
[41:52] | More than me? | 胜过我吗 |
[41:54] | I could never love anyone more than you. | 我绝不会爱别人胜过爱你 |
[42:02] | What do we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[42:05] | What if you didn’t have to be this or that? | 如果你不给自己定性呢 |
[42:07] | I mean, what if there’s another way? | 如果有别的出路呢 |
[42:09] | Isn’t it the whole point of living a radical life? | 这不就是过激进生活的意义吗 |
[42:12] | Until you bring a child into it. | 直到孩子出生 |
[42:14] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[42:17] | We’ve always played by our own rules. | 我们一直都是按自己的规则来 |
[42:21] | We can choose to build our family however we want. | 我们可以建立我们自己想要的家庭 |
[42:31] | I think it’s, uh, uh, | 我记得是 |
[42:33] | Foley vs. Langham or Lancaster, | 弗雷诉兰厄姆或兰卡斯特 |
[42:34] | – something like that. – No, there is no such case. | -或者类似的名字 -没有这个案例 |
[42:38] | Yes, there is, but you see– | 当然有 但是你看 |
[42:39] | – Did you just make up a case? – I’m not a lawyer, no. | -你是现编了一个案例吗 -我不是律师 |
[42:42] | I’m the wife of a lawyer, and I really do think that’s more fun– | 我是律师的妻子 而我觉得这样更有趣 |
[42:45] | Listen, I doubt we’re gonna get to agree on this at all… | 听着 我怀疑我们根本不能达成一致观点 |
[42:48] | Just look at her face. | 看看她的表情 |
[42:50] | She’s dying inside. | 恨不得找个地缝钻下去 |
[42:56] | It would help if your friend cracked a smile. She’s winning. | 你朋友要是笑笑就好了 她占上风了 |
[42:59] | Discriminating against women when they work, | 在女性工作时 买保险时 |
[43:02] | when they buy insurance, and when they give birth. | 还有生产时歧视她们 |
[43:04] | No, well, I don’t work for anyone. | 我不为任何人工作 |
[43:05] | Great, so you’re a patsy. | 真棒 那你就是个傀儡 |
[43:07] | Well, maybe you should stick to baking | 也许你该专心烤面包 |
[43:08] | and leave interpreting the laws to the lawyers. | 把解释法律的工作留给律师 |
[43:13] | …Opinionated wives. | …都很有自己的看法 |
[43:15] | But, seriously, let’s bring the fellas in on this. | 但说真的 我们让男士们也参与进来 |
[43:23] | You’re not gonna add your name to my FBI file? | 你不把你的名字加进我的联调局档案吗 |
[43:27] | We both do. | 我们都会穿 |
[43:29] | 由民主社会学生组织的成员和古巴共和国的官员组成 试图通过与古巴工人并肩作战 挑战美国对古巴的政策 包括美国对古巴的封锁 声援古巴革命 | |
[43:29] | I never traveled to Cuba as part of the Venceremos Brigade, | 我从来没作为”吾辈必胜”的成员去过古巴 |
[43:33] | by the way. | 顺便说一嘴 |
[43:35] | When did you go through it? | 你什么时候看到的 |
[43:38] | When I sent you out to get coffee for me. | 我让你出去帮我买咖啡的时候 |
[43:41] | Right. | 好吧 |
[43:43] | You should be more careful. | 你应该更小心点 |
[43:49] | I would like to go to Cuba one day. | 我倒希望有天能去古巴 |
[43:52] | I’ll take you. | 我带你去 |
[43:54] | This is a one-time thing. | 这就是一夜情 |
[43:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:59] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[44:01] | You’re still gonna be my advisor, though, right? | 不过你还是会当我的顾问 对吧 |
[44:04] | Phyllis Schlafly, submissive? | 菲莉丝·施拉夫利 顺从 |
[44:06] | I don’t have time to consult | 我没时间给一个 |
[44:07] | with some man’s women’s task force. | 男人领导的女性工作组做顾问 |
[44:10] | Right. Sure. | 好吧 行 |
[44:20] | Sounds beautiful. | 很动听 |
[44:24] | How was California? | 加州怎么样 |
[44:25] | Your father’s cross with me… | 你父亲生我的气了 |
[44:29] | for taking the LSAT. | 因为我去参加了法学院入学考试 |
[44:33] | Doesn’t want me to go to law school. | 他不想让我去上法学院 |
[44:35] | It’s the one thing left that’s all his. | 这是唯一只属于他的东西 |
[44:44] | Did I ever tell you the story about how I quit smoking? | 我跟你说过我戒烟的故事吗 |
[44:48] | I didn’t even know you smoked. | 我都不知道你以前抽烟 |
[44:50] | Oh, yes, I was a pack a day, | 抽得可凶了 一天一包 |
[44:52] | and your father hated the habit. | 你父亲不喜欢这习惯 |
[44:55] | He thought it wasn’t, uh, ladylike. | 他觉得这样不够淑女 |
[44:58] | Well, he was right. | 倒也没错 |
[45:00] | And, uh, he gave me a car as a wedding present, | 他送了我一辆车 当做结婚礼物 |
[45:04] | and of course, I didn’t have a gift for him, | 当然我没给他准备礼物 |
[45:08] | so…I decided to give up smoking. | 所以我决定戒烟 |
[45:14] | And the day of our wedding, I smoked my last cigarette. | 我们结婚的那天 我抽了最后一支烟 |
[45:22] | Now was it hard to quit cold turkey? | 要突然戒烟难吗 |
[45:26] | Very. | 很难 |
[45:28] | And do I have to force myself | 我是否得强迫自己 |
[45:30] | to resist the seduction of cigarettes? | 抵制香烟的诱惑 |
[45:34] | Every single day. | 每天都是 |
[45:40] | But the mind is stronger than the body. | 但意志强于身体的渴望 |
[45:43] | You just have to exercise willpower. | 你只需要行驶意志力 |
[45:53] | Now did you, uh, get your wallet? | 你拿到钱包了吗 |
[45:57] | Yes. | 拿到了 |
[45:58] | I saw it, thank you. | 我看见了 谢谢 |
[45:59] | Must have, uh, fallen out on the floor in the mudroom. | 肯定是掉在了玄关 |
[46:03] | I found it, and I left it on your dresser. | 我找到了 就放在了你的柜子上 |
[46:13] | You have to be more careful, John. | 你得再小心一点 约翰 |
[46:19] | I will. | 我会的 |
[46:29] | I had such trouble conceiving after you were born. | 你出生以后我一直怀不上 |
[46:37] | I thought maybe you might be my only one. | 我当时就想 也许我只有你了 |
[46:48] | Now I’ll need some help with my jingles | 我要你帮我写写 |
[46:52] | for my rally. | 集会的口号 |
[46:55] | Girls are tired of the old ones? | 姑娘们厌倦原来的那些了吗 |
[46:58] | What rhymes with “alimony”? | 有什么能和”赡养费”押韵呢 |
[47:31] | Good to see you, Phyllis. | 见到你很高兴 菲莉丝 |
[47:32] | – You’re in here? – I know. | -你搬到这里了 -是啊 |
[47:35] | Hard to believe. | 难以相信 |
[47:38] | Senior partner. | 高级合伙人 |
[47:40] | Uh, Fred’s just down the hall. I can take you if you’d like. | 弗莱德就在走廊那边 我可以带你去 |
[47:44] | I can find it, thank you. | 我可以找到他 谢谢你 |
[48:09] | Mazel Tov. | 恭喜啊 |
[48:12] | – Honey. – Thank you. | -亲爱的 -谢谢你 |
[48:15] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[48:18] | We wanted to ask you… | 我们想问你… |
[48:20] | …something important. | 一些重要的事 |
[48:23] | Will you please be the godparents? | 你们愿意做教父母吗 |
[48:26] | – We’d be honored. – All right. | -我们很荣幸 -太好了 |
[48:29] | All right! Come on! | 太好了 来吧 |
[48:31] | As long as it doesn’t involve changing any diapers. | 只要不用我换尿布 |
[48:33] | No. | 当然不用 |
[48:35] | – Yes. – Big year. | -太好了 -这一年啊 |
[48:37] | It’s a big year, birthing a book and a baby. | 这一年这么多事 出了本书 还有了孩子 |
[48:39] | Oh, well, the baby was considerably less work | 生孩子需要的精力少多了 |
[48:43] | and infinitely more fun to create. | 从中得到的乐趣也多多了 |
[48:45] | Did Frank tell you? | 弗兰克有没有告诉你 |
[48:46] | He came up with the perfect title for the book– | 他给这本书起了一个完美的名字 |
[48:48] | “The Male Machine.” | 《男性机器》 |
[48:52] | Well…can’t come soon enough. | 但书出得不够快 |
[48:54] | We should send it as a Christmas gift | 不然真该把这本书当圣诞礼物 |
[48:56] | to every chauvinist legislator in Illinois | 送给伊利诺伊州每一位给我们投反对票的 |
[48:58] | that voted against us. | 沙文主义立法者 |
[49:00] | We’ll get it done next year. | 明年就能出版 |
[49:01] | We should start talking about raising money now. | 我们该聊聊筹钱的事了 |
[49:05] | Dessert’s ready. | 甜点好了 |
[49:06] | Let me help you. | 我帮你 |
[49:12] | Here. I got you something. | 我给你买了些东西 |
[49:26] | My, uh…my old one works just fine. | 我…我旧的那个包还能用 |
[49:30] | I stopped by the office to give it to you, | 我去了办公室 想给你 |
[49:32] | but you…you weren’t there. | 但是你…你不在 |
[49:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[49:41] | So if it’s okay, I might have this one. | 所以如果可以的话 这个就给我吧 |
[49:49] | I did very well on the LSATs, | 我的LSAT分数很好 |
[49:50] | and I have decided to apply to Wash U. | 我决定申请华盛顿大学 |
[49:56] | Now it’s close enough | 学校离得很近 |
[49:57] | that I’ll be home every night for dinner. | 我会每晚回来准备晚餐 |
[50:01] | You really don’t need to work this hard. | 你不需要这么努力 |
[50:06] | Lots of people don’t want the ERA to go through. | 很多人不希望通过《平权修正案》 |
[50:09] | They won’t let you fail. | 他们不会让你们失败 |
[50:19] | …one young man on our team to maybe win the championship… | 只要我们队有个年轻人能赢下冠军… |
[50:35] | We’re so excited to start a family. | 我们真的很期待组建家庭 |
[50:38] | That sounds boring to you, | 你肯定觉得很无聊 |
[50:41] | but…I think maybe I’m more conventional than I thought. | 但是…我可能比自己想的还要传统 |
[50:49] | I’ve always wanted to be a mother. | 我一直想成为一名母亲 |
[50:53] | You’re going to be a wonderful mother. | 你会成为一名优秀的母亲 |
[51:03] | I was thinking about hiring Jules to do a photo shoot | 我想雇茱尔斯给我们下一期封面 |
[51:07] | for our next cover. | 拍摄照片 |
[51:10] | I wanted to check with you first if that was okay. | 我想先来问问你可以吗 |
[51:12] | Of course. Of course. | 当然了 当然了 |
[51:17] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不早点告诉我 |
[51:20] | It was just a phase. It’s not who I am. | 那只是一个阶段 我不是那样的人 |
[51:24] | It’s okay if it is. | 就算是也没关系 |
[51:28] | What are you–are you gonna call a press conference, | 你…你要召开记者会 |
[51:31] | sit beside me and declare, “We are all lesbians”? | 在我身边宣布 “我们都是蕾丝”吗 |
[51:35] | 美国女权主义者 对第二波女权主义的开创性影响 | |
[51:35] | Where’s Kate Millett now? | 凯特·米勒特现在又在哪 |
[51:51] | We should coordinate our fundraising trips | 我们该把我们的募集资金巡回 |
[51:53] | with Marc’s book stops. | 和马克的签售会安排同步 |
[51:58] | I might take a step back | 我可能会暂时退居二线 |
[52:00] | from the public speaking and… | 不再发表公开讲话 专注于… |
[52:04] | organizing. | 幕后组织 |
[52:06] | I wanna get back into my writing, | 我想继续写作 |
[52:09] | finish my book. | 写完我的书 |
[52:13] | Hey, it’s starting. | 开始了 |