时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | 本剧改编自因《平等权利修正案》引发的政治斗争和辩论的相关真实事件 部分剧中角色和一些场景对话做了戏剧创作和改编 | |
[00:36] | The Positive Woman looks upon her femaleness and her fertility | 积极女性将她的女性化 生育能力 |
[00:41] | as part of her purpose, her potential, and her power. | 视为她的存在意义 她的潜力 力量 |
[00:45] | She starts with the knowledge | 她知道 |
[00:47] | that America is the greatest country in the world, | 美国是世界上最伟大的国家 |
[00:50] | and she must do her part to keep it that way. | 她必须尽力维护这个国家 |
[00:55] | Now the women’s liberation movement– | 女性解放运动 |
[00:57] | they like to characterize the, uh, | 他们喜欢把 |
[01:00] | Positive Woman as negative… | 积极女性说成是消极的 |
[01:02] | …as “Anti,” | 是”反对派” |
[01:03] | when in fact, the opposite is true, | 事实上 恰恰相反 |
[01:06] | because the Positive Woman is pro-family and pro-life… | 因为积极女性是支持家庭和生命的[反堕胎] |
[01:11] | …and pro-American. | 支持美国的 |
[01:15] | There’s a question? | 有问题吗 |
[01:16] | H-How does the Positive Woman cope with threats | 积极女性如何应对来自 |
[01:19] | to our nation’s security both within our borders | 国内外的 |
[01:22] | as well as outside? | 安全威胁 |
[01:23] | My mother’s now your mother’s ringer. | 我妈妈现在是你妈妈的替身了 |
[01:25] | – Unbelievable. – You’re referring, no doubt, | -难以置信 -你当然是指 |
[01:27] | to our current political crisis? | 目前的政治危机吧 |
[01:29] | Well, our last election was a rout. | 上次选举真是溃不成军 |
[01:32] | There’s no other way of describing it. | 没有其他方式可以描述了 |
[01:34] | The liberals now control the courts | 自由派现在控制了法院 |
[01:37] | and the legislative and executive branches | 立法和行政部门 |
[01:39] | and the media. | 还有媒体 |
[01:41] | And in Jimmy Carter, well, | 吉米·卡特总统 |
[01:43] | we have a president who is weak on foreign policy, | 外交政策软弱 |
[01:47] | is complacent in the face of the growing red menace, | 对红色威胁的扩张采取绥靖政策 |
[01:49] | and he is ill-prepared to deal with the nuclear genie | 而且根本无力应对 |
[01:53] | that is well and truly out of the bottle, | 已经脱离控制的核威胁 |
[01:56] | not to mention that within weeks of his inauguration, | 更别提 他就职几周后 |
[02:00] | the First Lady ruthlessly lobbied Indiana | 第一夫人就无情地说服印第安纳州 |
[02:03] | to become the 35th state to ratify the ERA. | 成为第35个批准了《平权修正案》的州 |
[02:07] | – Your mother seems… – She’s been like this | -你妈妈似乎… -她自选举结束后 |
[02:09] | since the election. | 就一直这样了 |
[02:12] | So thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[02:13] | Uh, this is just a small appetizer from my new book, | 这些只是我新书《积极女性的力量》的 |
[02:16] | “The Power of the Positive Woman,” | 一些片段 |
[02:18] | and if you want the full meal, | 如果你们想了解全部 |
[02:20] | you’ll need to buy a copy from me for $8.95. | 就得花8.95美元跟我买一本了 |
[02:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:35] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:38] | Phyl, sit up straight, sweetheart. | 菲菲 坐直了 亲爱的 |
[02:40] | – You were wonderful. – Oh, you were, too. | -你太棒了 -你也是 |
[02:44] | We should eat something before we head off to the theater. | 我们去剧院之前该吃点东西 |
[02:47] | I can’t believe I drove all this way from Boston | 我居然从波士顿大老远开车过来 |
[02:49] | for “The King and I.” | 就为了看《国王和我》 |
[02:50] | I thought I was coming in for “A Chorus Line.” | 我还以为我是来看《歌舞线上》的 |
[02:52] | “The King and I” Is a classic. | 《国王和我》是经典 |
[02:53] | Clive Barnes called “A Chorus Line” | 克莱夫·巴恩斯说《歌舞线上》 |
[02:55] | – an occasion of joy. – Oh, Clive Barnes. | -充满欢乐 -克莱夫·巴恩斯 |
[02:56] | “Like a rainbow after a thunderstorm.” | “就像雷雨后的彩虹” |
[02:57] | Is Clive Barnes a weatherman? | 克莱夫·巴恩斯是天气预报员吗 |
[02:59] | Oh, she’s spent one semester at Princeton, | 她在普林斯顿待了一个学期 |
[03:01] | and she’s already spouting this liberal nonsense like it’s gospel. | 就已经开始替自由派说话了 |
[03:04] | You have just a bit of perspiration right there. | 你这里有点汗 |
[03:07] | That’s perfect. | 好了 |
[03:07] | You’re a traitor to your sex by waging war against women! | 你这样对女性发动战争是背叛自己的性别 |
[03:31] | Well, I’m–I’m glad it wasn’t a cherry pie, | 幸好不是樱桃派 |
[03:33] | because it would’ve stained my dress. | 染上颜色裙子就洗不干净了 |
[04:39] | Is it…tongue? | 是舌头吗 |
[04:42] | And some kind of… fish spread. | 还有鱼肉酱 |
[04:46] | That’s a whitefish spread. | 那是白鲑鱼酱 |
[04:47] | It’s an old Cossack family recipe | 哥萨克家族的传统食谱 |
[04:50] | from her father’s butcher shop. | 她父亲肉铺留下来的 |
[04:53] | Say you’re on a diet. That’s what I always say. | 就说你在节食 我总这么说 |
[04:56] | You are always on a diet. | 你的确总在节食 |
[04:58] | And we’re here to cheer her up. | 我们是来鼓励她的 |
[05:02] | How bad is she? | 她情况多糟 |
[05:04] | Just… don’t comment on her hair. | 反正 别提她的头发 |
[05:08] | I’m happy you’re here to give her some good news. | 我很高兴你能来跟她传达好消息 |
[05:11] | I hope she sees it that way. It’s not even a paid position. | 希望她会那么想 都不是有薪职位 |
[05:17] | I really thought she would win. | 我真以为她能赢 |
[05:19] | No one’s eating. Is someone sick? | 没人吃东西 有人病了吗 |
[05:23] | I’m not interrupting. | 我不会打断你们 |
[05:25] | I just came out to sneak myself a sandwich. | 我就是来偷拿个三明治吃 |
[05:27] | Oh, excuse my hair. I haven’t been able to find anyone | 别介意我的发型 我没能在城里找到 |
[05:30] | as good as Lily in the city. | 莉莉那么好的发型师 |
[05:31] | You haven’t found anyone as good in New York City. | 你在纽约市没找到任何跟她一样好的 |
[05:35] | Uh, well, it was a walk from the House Beauty Parlor | 是从众议院美发厅 |
[05:37] | to the Capitol that really made my hair shine. | 到国会大厦间的那段路让我容光焕发 |
[05:41] | No one’s touched the liver. | 没人尝过这道肝 |
[05:44] | Did Bella tell you that | 贝拉告诉你们了吗 |
[05:45] | we’re going to Southern Italy next month? | 我们下个月打算去意大利南部 |
[05:46] | Yeah, we’re taking a food tour, | 是的 我们打算来一趟美食之旅 |
[05:48] | see who makes the better salami. | 找出哪里的萨拉米香肠最好吃 |
[05:50] | It’s called salumi. | 是叫萨鲁米 |
[05:52] | No, no, “Salumi” is the umbrella term for all cured meats. | 不不 “萨鲁米”是所有意式腌肉的总称 |
[05:55] | I have been waiting 25 years to get you back there. | 为了说服你再回到那里 我已经等了25年 |
[06:02] | I’d like to, uh, make a toast to Midge… | 我想要 向米琪敬杯酒… |
[06:06] | …on being the first female assistant to the president. | 祝贺你成为首位总统女助理 |
[06:11] | I can’t believe it was only five years ago | 我真不敢相信 不过五年之前 |
[06:13] | you were my assistant at the convention, | 你还是我在大会的助理 |
[06:15] | running around, delivering papers. | 跑上跑下 送送文件 |
[06:19] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[06:20] | – Cheers. – You clearly have Carter’s ear. | -干杯 -你是能够向卡特进言的人 |
[06:22] | Use it wisely. | 要谨慎明智一些 |
[06:24] | I am using it wisely. | 我正在谨慎地向他提出建议 |
[06:26] | I have asked the president to resurrect Jill’s commission, | 我向总统先生提议恢复吉尔的委员会 |
[06:30] | which means the first ever national women’s convention | 这样首届全国女性大会 |
[06:33] | is back from the dead. | 将起死回生 重新召开 |
[06:35] | The one that I– | 就是那个我… |
[06:36] | Funded with your bill. Yes. It’s scheduled for November. | 用你的钱资助的大会 没错 安排在了十一月 |
[06:41] | Just need to find the right person to run it. | 只需要找出一位合适人选负责组织工作 |
[06:43] | Not this November. | 不是今年十一月吧 |
[06:45] | That’s not enough time. | 时间太紧迫了 |
[06:46] | Uh, it’s designed to be run like a political party convention, | 它是要举办成一场政治党派大会 |
[06:49] | only it’s bipartisan– uh, an even bigger undertaking. | 不过这是跨党派的 所以工程更宏大 |
[06:53] | It takes years to plan. | 要花费数年去谋划 |
[06:54] | Which is why I’ve asked the president to appoint you | 所以我请求总统先生指派你 |
[06:56] | as Presiding Officer of the commission. | 为委员会会议主席 |
[06:58] | Only you could pull off something this ambitious. | 只有你才能完成这项艰巨的任务 |
[07:03] | We could get so much done. | 我们能够干出一番事业 |
[07:09] | I would certainly be the right man for the job. | 我当然是这份工作的不二人选 |
[07:14] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[07:36] | You’re still up. | 你还没睡呢 |
[07:42] | It’s late. Come to bed. | 很晚了 睡觉吧 |
[07:49] | 菲莉丝·施拉夫利竞选国会议员 女性终属美国众议院这个大家庭 | |
[07:49] | That was a great slogan. | 这句口号很棒 |
[07:51] | It was. | 确实 |
[07:53] | But Bella Abzug won with it. | 但却是贝拉·艾布扎格凭借它赢得了竞选 |
[07:58] | The most socialist, anti-war, radical liber | 最社会主义的 反战的 激进的自由党人 |
[08:02] | had the same slogan as me. | 和我有一样的竞选口号 |
[08:08] | Don’t make it personal. | 别太放在心上 |
[08:12] | Come to bed. | 上床睡觉吧 |
[08:24] | 贝拉·艾布扎格 被任命为国际妇女年专家小组会议主席 | |
[08:29] | I want you to imagine | 我希望你们想象一下 |
[08:30] | a group of Native Alaskan women getting on a bus in Fairbanks, | 一群阿拉斯加原住民女性在费尔班克斯登上大巴 |
[08:35] | Appalachian women getting on a bus in Beattyville, | 阿帕拉契亚女性在比蒂维尔登上大巴 |
[08:40] | homemakers getting on a bus in Toledo. | 家庭主妇们在托莱多登上大巴 |
[08:43] | They’re all traveling to represent their state, | 她们风尘仆仆而来 代表着各自的州 |
[08:46] | all of them yearning to have a voice in government, | 都渴望能在政府中有发言权 |
[08:50] | to vote on issues that affect their lives. | 在影响她们生活的议题上有投票权 |
[08:58] | It’s easier to imagine if your eyes are closed. | 闭上眼更容易有画面感 |
[09:05] | When the state meetings are over, | 州会结束之后 |
[09:07] | all these buses, hundreds and hundreds of them | 成千上百辆大巴 |
[09:10] | with women from all walks of life, | 载着来自各行各业的女性 |
[09:14] | make their way to Houston. | 来到了休斯敦 |
[09:16] | We have very limited resources. | 我们的资源十分有限 |
[09:22] | Do we wanna spend our money on these buses, | 我们想把钱花在这些大巴上 |
[09:26] | or on pretty skirts to decorate tables on the convention floor? | 还是用来买漂亮的桌罩 装饰大会现场的桌子 |
[09:29] | Fine. No table skirts. Everyone, open your eyes. | 好吧 不买桌罩了 大家都睁开眼睛吧 |
[09:33] | You’re gonna give a 10-minute meditation | 所以预算中的每一项 |
[09:35] | on every line item in the budget? | 你都打算冥想十分钟才决定吗 |
[09:36] | No, just the table skirts felt frivolous. | 不 我只觉得桌罩太多余了 |
[09:39] | Moving on. Coretta Scott King | 我们继续 科丽塔·斯科特·金 |
[09:41] | has agreed to join the commission | 同意加入委员会了 |
[09:43] | and chair the minority rights committee. | 也同意担任少数群体权益委员会主席 |
[09:47] | That’s fabulous. | 太好了 |
[09:49] | Uh, we have one more spot. | 我们还有一个席位 |
[09:51] | As much as I hate to say it, | 尽管我很不想这么说 |
[09:52] | I think we should appoint Betty as our final commissioner. | 但我认为应该任命贝蒂为我们的最后一位专员 |
[09:55] | Betty Friedan? No. | 贝蒂·弗莱顿吗 我不同意 |
[09:58] | Uh, I know she’s divisive and a pain in the ass, | 我明白 她是极具争议的人物 也是个大麻烦 |
[10:00] | but she is a pioneer, | 但她是位先锋人物 |
[10:01] | who almost singlehandedly kept lesbians out of the movement | 可她几乎凭借一己之力阻止了女同性恋参与运动 |
[10:04] | for a decade. | 长达十年之久 |
[10:04] | And we’ve been making a big push at the state meetings | 而我们近期在州会上大力推动 |
[10:06] | to approve a gay rights resolution. | 同性平权决议的通过 |
[10:08] | If the resolution makes it on the agenda in Houston, | 如果决议能够在休斯敦被提上议事日程 |
[10:11] | will the president still get up onstage for opening ceremonies? | 总统先生仍会上台出席开幕仪式吗 |
[10:15] | – I’ll make sure of it. – If Betty is on that stage, | -我会确保他出席 -如果贝蒂也在的话 |
[10:17] | it’ll send a message that we’re not welcome. | 会让大家觉得我们不受欢迎 |
[10:20] | – I’ll resign. – So now we’re not gonna have | -那我就不干了 -所以现在我们是 |
[10:21] | people we disagree with participate? | 不接受和异议人士共事了吗 |
[10:23] | Not if we want Houston to be inclusive. | 除非我们不想让大会做到兼容并包 |
[10:25] | You wanna be inclusive by excluding? | 你想通过排除异己而达到兼容并蓄吗 |
[10:27] | Would you listen to yourself? | 听听自己说了什么 |
[10:28] | – You cannot appoint her. – Okay. Okay, let’s calm down. | -你不能委任她 -好吧 大家都冷静一点 |
[10:34] | This is just how we talk in New York City. | 我们纽约人就这么说话 |
[10:37] | The West Side of New York City. | 是纽约西区 |
[10:45] | This is exactly what I warned would happen | 我早就说过 让民主党人掌权 |
[10:48] | with the Democrats in charge. | 就会造成这种结果 |
[10:49] | It’s a federally funded festival | 对不得志的女权主义者来说 |
[10:51] | for frustrated feminists. | 这简直是联邦资助的节日 |
[10:53] | They’re gonna ram a whole platform | 他们要强迫我们接受 |
[10:54] | of lefty issues down our throats. | 写满了左派议题的党纲 |
[10:56] | Yes. | 就是 |
[10:57] | Will the libbers use this to get those last three states? | 女权分子会不会借此来争取最后三个州 |
[10:59] | Well, they put that Marxist Bella Abzug in charge, | 他们都能让那个马克思主义者贝拉·艾布扎格领导 |
[11:02] | so I would guess yes, | 我想他们会的 |
[11:04] | but that doesn’t mean we’re gonna roll over | 但这不代表我们会放弃抵抗 |
[11:06] | and let them win. | 拱手相让 |
[11:07] | They are truly the horribles. | 他们太阴险了 |
[11:09] | Deviants and murderers. | 他们是变态 是罪犯 |
[11:11] | Get ready to see our hard-earned dollars | 等着看我们的血汗钱 |
[11:13] | go to fund abortion on demand, lesbianism, | 被捐去做免费堕胎 女同性恋 |
[11:16] | shelters for beaten wives. | 还有家暴妻子庇护所 |
[11:17] | Well, I think the husband will be more inclined to beat her… | 等丈夫知道妻子要用他的纳税钱 |
[11:19] | …if he thinks she’s gonna | 去度假的时候 |
[11:20] | get a vacation funded by his tax dollar. | 会更想打她 |
[11:24] | – But, uh, – we should organize a counter rally | -不过 -我们应该组织一场反击集会 |
[11:26] | to protest the convention. | 来抗议该大会 |
[11:27] | Grab the attention of the press. | 吸引媒体的注意力 |
[11:28] | No. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, wait a minute. | 不 不不不 且慢 |
[11:31] | I do have a strategy. | 我倒有一计 |
[11:33] | Now Bella Abzug’s commission is holding meetings | 这个夏天 贝拉·艾布扎格的委员会 |
[11:35] | in every state this summer, | 要在各州举行会议 |
[11:37] | where they will elect representatives | 他们将在会上选出代表 |
[11:39] | to go to this national convention in Houston, | 去参加休斯顿全国代表大会 |
[11:41] | and each of these state meetings will be our battleground. | 每一场州会 都是我们的战场 |
[11:45] | Now we need to get ourselves elected | 我们得让自己当选 |
[11:47] | so that we can get seats at the convention. | 才能在大会上有一席之地 |
[11:50] | Why shouldn’t conservative women have a voice | 为什么保守派女性不能在女性问题上 |
[11:52] | on women’s issues? | 有发言权呢 |
[11:53] | Well, that’s right. That’s exactly my point. | 说的是啊 我就是这个意思 |
[11:55] | So anyone can run, not just the liberals? | 所以不仅是自由党人 所有人都可以参选吗 |
[11:58] | Yes, it’s called the electoral process. | 没错 这就是选举程序 |
[12:01] | Well, it’s, um… | 这就像… |
[12:02] | it’s kind of like the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest– | 就像是皮尔斯伯里烘焙大赛 |
[12:05] | thousands of women from every state competing | 来自全国各地的数千名女性都要 |
[12:07] | for a spot on the national competition | 竞争全国大赛的参赛资格 |
[12:09] | to see who has the best recipes. | 比拼谁的食谱最好 |
[12:11] | And we have to get pro-family bakers, | 我们得找些支持传统家庭的烘焙者 |
[12:14] | or we’ll be stuck with a bunch | 不然我们的烹饪书里 |
[12:15] | of liberal recipes in our cookbook | 就全是自由党人的食谱了 |
[12:17] | and force-fed ERA brownies, abortion cookies, | 有生之年 就只能被迫吃ERA布朗尼蛋糕 |
[12:21] | and lesbian pies till Kingdom come. | 堕胎饼干 还有女同性恋派了 |
[12:23] | Yes, well, every metaphor has its limits, Rosemary. | 好了 隐喻也要适可而止 萝丝玛丽 |
[12:27] | Well, if we’re going to war, we’ll need protection. | 如果我们要开战 就需要保护自己 |
[12:31] | I have some men that would be willing to help, | 我这边有些乐意帮忙的男性 |
[12:35] | make sure we’re not harmed. | 确保我们不会受到伤害 |
[12:36] | Do you really think it’s that dangerous? | 你真觉得会这么危险吗 |
[12:38] | Look at what they did to Phyllis. | 你看他们怎么对待菲莉丝的 |
[12:40] | Oh! It doesn’t hurt a bit. | 一点也不疼啦 |
[12:42] | But we do need to be smart about this. | 不过我们确实得机灵些 |
[12:44] | Because if we’re gonna take over their conference | 因为如果我们要通过赢得席位的方式 |
[12:46] | by winning seats, they can’t see us coming. | 夺取他们的大会 就不能被他们察觉 |
[12:49] | Frankly, Phyllis, I have concerns | 老实说 菲莉丝 |
[12:50] | about you being the leader of this operation. | 由你来领导该行动 我有些担忧 |
[12:53] | You’re a lightning rod. | 你就像根避雷针 |
[12:57] | I think she has a point. | 她说得在理 |
[13:00] | Well, clearly, you’re a target, given your…pirate status. | 从你目前独眼海盗的情况看来 你显然是个靶子 |
[13:05] | What–What if you get pied again or worse? | 万一你又被砸派 或遭遇更严重的袭击呢 |
[13:08] | I am not a pirate. | 我不是海盗 |
[13:10] | I only meant let us do the work on the ground, | 我只是想说 具体实施的工作交给我们 |
[13:14] | and you can recover and strategize from home. | 你在家安心休养 运筹帷幄就行 |
[13:18] | Yeah, well, I can see the wisdom in that. | 这样啊 言之有理 |
[13:21] | Well, I think it’s clear who should be out front. | 我看 打头阵的人选已经再明显不过了 |
[13:25] | I have done a pretty good job of | 我在伊利诺伊州领导 |
[13:26] | running the Illinois chapter of STOP ERA. | 反对ERA分会的工作做得还不错 |
[13:29] | I would be honored to take your place on the front lines. | 能接替你在前线的位置 是我的荣幸 |
[13:34] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:36] | Congratulations, Rosemary. You’ve just been drafted. | 恭喜你 萝丝玛丽 你被征召入伍了 |
[13:41] | Well… since STOP ERA and Eagle Forum | 由于反对ERA和鹰论坛 |
[13:44] | are so closely tied to your name and image, | 和你的形象几乎融为一体 |
[13:47] | I think it might be a good idea | 我想 我自己创建一个 |
[13:49] | for me to create an ad hoc organization | 由我担任主席的临时组织 |
[13:51] | with myself as president, | 比较好 |
[13:54] | just to be sure the libbers don’t see us coming | 只是为了确保不被女权分子察觉 |
[13:56] | until it’s too late… | 直到为时已晚… |
[13:58] | like you said. | 就像你说的 |
[14:05] | The South Carolina office was burglarized? | 南卡罗莱纳州的办公室被盗了 |
[14:08] | In broad daylight. The staff was there. The door was open. | 就在光天化日下 员工都在 大门是开的 |
[14:11] | By who? | 谁干的 |
[14:12] | Some group calling themselves Citizen’s Review Committee. | 一个自称是公民审查委员会的组织 |
[14:15] | Find out what they took. | 查查他们都偷了什么 |
[14:17] | I’m not your assistant. | 我不是你的助理 |
[14:19] | Judy, what’d they take?! | 朱蒂 什么东西被偷了 |
[14:22] | It was like “The Pink Panther.” | 就像是《粉红豹》里的剧情 |
[14:24] | – First, I created a diversion. – I don’t wanna know. | -首先 我转移了视线 -我不想知道 |
[14:27] | The Eagle Forum is a law-abiding organization. | 鹰论坛是一个遵纪守法的组织 |
[14:30] | Well, Eagle Forum is, | 鹰论坛的确是 |
[14:32] | but the Citizen’s Review Committee… | 但公民审查委员会就另当别论了… |
[14:34] | Don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[14:35] | I was setting up our hospitality suite. | 我当时在张罗我们的接待室 |
[14:38] | We should have a training manual like this. | 我们也应该出本这样的培训手册 |
[14:41] | We could write our own. | 我们可以自己写一份 |
[14:42] | Maybe even steal their typeface to make it | 甚至可以直接用她们的印刷字体 |
[14:44] | look like we’re an official part of their commission. | 把我们包装成她们委员会的一分子 |
[14:47] | “The Citizen’s Review Committee hospitality suite | “公民审查委员会的招待室 |
[14:49] | “Will be under 24-hour security supervision | 将受到全天候安保监管 |
[14:52] | and can only be accessed…” Get this. | 要想进入必须…” 听好了 |
[14:55] | “…using the secret hand signal.” | “打手势暗号” |
[14:57] | What kind of secret hand signals? | 哪种手势暗号 |
[15:01] | According to this, the head of this new group | 上面说这个新组织的头儿是 |
[15:02] | is housewife Rosemary Thomson. | 家庭主妇萝丝玛丽·汤森 |
[15:05] | Who also happens to be head of the Illinois chapter of STOP ERA | 她恰好也是反对ERA伊利诺伊州分会主席 |
[15:09] | and on the board of the Eagle Forum. | 和鹰论坛的理事会成员 |
[15:10] | They’re trying to kill this national convention | 她们想扼杀此次全国大会 |
[15:12] | just like they’ve been trying to kill ERA. I’m worried– | 正如她们一直想扼杀ERA 我很担心 |
[15:16] | Don’t be. We have 1,400 delegate spots. | 不必 我们有1400名代表席位 |
[15:19] | What’s three ultra conservatives getting elected from Georgia? | 佐治亚州选出三个极端保守派的人不会怎么样 |
[15:22] | At what number should we start worrying? | 要到多少人我们才应该担心呢 |
[15:25] | If they get 20%, they’ll have real power. | 她们要是能占到两成席位 就算有实权了 |
[15:29] | So every time the libbers would try to read | 每次女权分子想要宣读 |
[15:31] | the ERA resolution… | 《平权修正案》决议时就这样 |
[15:33] | You can hear it on the recording. | 录音会把哨声也录进去 |
[15:34] | Well, I’ll send copies to Senator Helms | 我会把副本发给海尔姆斯参议员 |
[15:36] | to include their propaganda in the Congressional Record. | 把她们的政治宣传收录进国会记录 |
[15:41] | Where’s the recording of the Texas meeting? | 德州会议的录音哪去了 |
[15:44] | – Oh, I… – I’ll need every single one | -我… -我需要 |
[15:46] | of those recordings, Pamela. | 每场会议的录音 帕梅拉 |
[15:47] | I need to know what’s going on. | 我得了解情况 |
[15:50] | They swept the Missouri meeting. | 她们轻松拿下了密苏里州会议 |
[15:52] | The entire delegation was taken over by the Antis. | 整个代表团都被反对派占领了 |
[15:56] | They did well in Hawaii, too. | 她们在夏威夷州也收获颇丰 |
[15:58] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[16:00] | Well, there’s an LDS cultural center out there. | 那里有一座波利尼西亚文化中心 |
[16:03] | All these Mormons came over on boats. | 那些摩门教徒都乘船去了 |
[16:06] | Why didn’t Mildred warn us in advance? | 米尔德雷德怎么没提个醒 |
[16:07] | Isn’t that her job? | 那不是她的工作吗 |
[16:09] | Was. She quit when you threw your lunch at her. | 曾经的工作 你把午餐扔她一脸后她就辞职了 |
[16:12] | I didn’t throw it at her. It was just a little cole slaw. | 我没有朝她扔 就是点菜丝沙拉而已 |
[16:17] | The slaw that broke the camel’s back. | 压垮骆驼的最后一根菜丝 |
[16:30] | This is not a good time. | 你可真会挑时间 |
[16:31] | I could have predicted what happened in Missouri. | 我本能预料到密苏里的情况 |
[16:34] | And let me tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[16:36] | Whoever is organizing this Citizen’s Review Committee | 不管组织公民审查委员会的人是谁 |
[16:39] | is even more cunning than Phyllis Schlafly. | 都要比菲莉丝·施拉夫利更阴险狡诈 |
[16:41] | It is Phyllis Schlafly. | 就是菲莉丝·施拉夫利 |
[16:44] | The Citizen’s Review Committee is the Eagle Forum, | 公民审查委员会就是鹰论坛 |
[16:46] | is STOP ERA. It’s all the same people. | 就是反对ERA 都是一帮人 |
[16:50] | Well, if I was fooled, everyone’s fooled. | 我要是被耍了 那所有人都被耍了 |
[16:53] | But you want to get advice from Jean Stapleton. | 但你却想征求珍·斯泰普尔顿的意见 |
[16:56] | Oh, ain’t that smart? | 那不是很聪明吗 |
[16:58] | She’s Edith Bunker. | 她可是演了伊迪丝·邦克 |
[16:59] | She’s on the commission because she’s a celebrity. | 她在委员会是因为她是名人 |
[17:02] | Well, I’m a celebrity, | 我也是名人 |
[17:03] | and my fans are not gonna show up– | 我要是没有在场 |
[17:04] | I have a lot of fans– unless I’m there. | 我的众多拥护者就肯定不会去 |
[17:07] | Then get your ass to Albany | 那你就赶紧去奥尔巴尼市 |
[17:08] | and run to represent New York state. | 竞选纽约代表 |
[17:11] | Well…maybe I will! | 也许我还真会 |
[17:13] | Gosh. | 天啊 |
[17:18] | We have a big problem in Albany. | 奥尔巴尼市有大麻烦了 |
[17:22] | Is Jesse Helms going to be at the state dinner? | 杰西·海尔姆斯会参加国宴吗 |
[17:25] | Make sure you corner him and find out where Phyllis | 一定要堵截他 问出菲莉丝 |
[17:27] | is getting her funding and reassure– | 是从哪得到的资金 让… |
[17:29] | The First Lady that we’ve got things under control | 第一夫人安心 事情都在我们掌控之内 |
[17:32] | while finding private time for the president | 还要安排单独时间给总统 |
[17:35] | with Anwar Sadat. Yes, I know. | 和安瓦尔·萨达特 我知道 |
[17:38] | Doesn’t she clean up well? | 她是不是打扮得很好看 |
[17:41] | You’re so beautiful. | 你真美 |
[17:42] | I feel like a chandelier. | 我觉得自己像盏吊灯 |
[17:44] | What’s our plan? | 我们是什么安排 |
[17:44] | Chinese, followed by a drag show in Dupont Circle. | 吃中餐 然后在杜邦圆环区欣赏变装秀 |
[17:47] | Mm! My perfect man. | 真是我的完美男人 |
[17:49] | Words I never thought I’d hear you say. | 我从没想过你会说这话 |
[17:52] | Be good. | 乖乖的 |
[18:04] | You were supposed to monitor any activity on the ground! | 你本该盯着那里的任何风吹草动 |
[18:08] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[18:09] | I put a report on your desk. Did you even look at it? | 我把报告放你桌上了 你有看吗 |
[18:11] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[18:12] | Citizen’s Review Committee is busing people to Albany– | 公民审查委员会正送人去奥尔巴尼市 |
[18:15] | Mormons, thousands of ’em. You’re fired. | 成千上万的摩门教徒 你被解雇了 |
[18:18] | She didn’t mean that. | 她不是真的要解雇你 |
[18:19] | We’re just frustrated with the situation. I– | 我们只是对这个情况焦头烂额 我… |
[18:21] | Yes, everyone’s frustrated. One person is fired. Go. | 对 大家都焦头烂额 一个人被解雇了 走吧 |
[18:28] | Morale is already low. | 士气已经很低沉了 |
[18:30] | We are in a crisis. | 我们正处于危机中 |
[18:38] | Nothing gets our side mobilized more than Phyllis Schlafly. | 没什么能比菲莉丝·施拉夫利更能调动我们士气了 |
[18:40] | She’s in hiding. I need to draw her out. | 她现在隐藏起来了 我得把她引出来 |
[18:42] | Judy, could you get me a flight | 朱蒂 你能帮我订一张机票吗 |
[18:43] | to Normal, Illinois? | 前往伊利诺斯州诺马尔市 |
[18:50] | I don’t think you should go. | 我觉得你不应该去 |
[18:52] | You don’t trust I know what I’m doing? | 你不相信我心里有数吗 |
[18:53] | – You’ve been having outbursts. – I’m under a lot of stress. | -你一直在发脾气 -我的压力太大了 |
[18:56] | If you have an outburst with Phyllis in front of thousands of people, | 你不能在众目睽睽之下对菲莉丝发脾气 |
[19:00] | that’s how she got to Betty. | 贝蒂就是这样栽她手里的 |
[19:01] | Oh, so you think I’m Betty now. | 所以你现在认为我是贝蒂 |
[19:04] | If you’re so concerned, come with me. | 如果你那么担心的话 跟我一起去 |
[19:06] | I’m scheduled to speak at the California meeting. | 我安排了在加州的会议上发言 |
[19:08] | You know, that’s the difference between you and me. | 这就是你和我的区别 |
[19:12] | You wanna preach to the choir. | 你想对着唱诗班布道 多此一举 |
[19:29] | Of course I’m gonna run in my home state. | 我当然要在我的家乡所在州竞选 |
[19:32] | Aren’t these meetings open to all women? | 这些会议不是对所有女性开放吗 |
[19:34] | – He’s got Tommy’s eyes. – And Buck’s hairline. | -他的眼睛像汤米 -发际线像巴克 |
[19:37] | Ah. Anytime. | 随时可以 |
[19:41] | The press is crowing about a showdown. | 媒体正在大肆宣扬最后的决战 |
[19:44] | And where Bella Abzug is, | 还有 无论贝拉·艾布扎格在哪 |
[19:45] | Gloria Steinem’s not far behind. | 格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆都紧随其后 |
[19:48] | So does this mean | 这是不是代表 |
[19:48] | you can come out and run in the elections with us? | 你可以和我们一起竞选了 |
[19:50] | Well, the cat’s out of the bag. | 秘密已经泄露了 |
[19:52] | They know that the, uh, Citizen’s Review Committee is my work, | 他们知道公民审查委员会是我的组织了 |
[19:56] | and… can’t let my ladies down. | 而且 我不能让你们失望 |
[19:58] | Oh. I’m so relieved. | 这下我可以松口气了 |
[20:00] | I’ve never run for anything in my life. | 我这辈子还从来没参加过什么竞选呢 |
[20:02] | You know, I think I should, uh, make a speech from the floor, | 我认为我应该在会上发言 |
[20:06] | something to make Bella really squirm. | 说些让贝拉感到羞愧的话 |
[20:09] | It’s gonna be fun. | 一定会很有趣的 |
[20:10] | I’m expecting a package. | 我在等一个包裹 |
[20:12] | Did you see anything in the mail? | 你在邮箱里看见东西了吗 |
[20:13] | Well, who’s sending you a package, Phyl? | 谁会给你寄包裹 菲菲 |
[20:15] | A boy? | 是男孩子吗 |
[20:18] | Photographer’s here. | 摄影师到了 |
[20:21] | Well, this is a bit early, even for you. | 就算是你 也太早了吧 |
[20:25] | It’s the only time all of the children are home. | 只有这时间孩子们都在家 |
[20:31] | It’s warm in here. I’d take the blanket off him. | 房间里有点热 把他的毯子拿掉吧 |
[20:37] | Smile! | 笑一个 |
[20:44] | – Bruce, tuck in your shirt. – Oh. Sorry. | -布鲁斯 把你的衬衫下摆塞进去 -抱歉 |
[20:48] | Get in, Aunt Eleanor. | 你也来啊 埃莉诺姑妈 |
[20:49] | Oh, honey, I don’t have my Christmas sweater on me. | 亲爱的 我没带圣诞毛衣 |
[20:52] | You can have mine. I don’t even wanna be in this photo. | 你可以穿我的 我根本不想拍全家福 |
[20:55] | Let’s get a few more on the count of three. | 数到三 我们再拍几张 |
[20:57] | One…two…three! | 一 二 三 |
[21:00] | John, you’re slouching. | 约翰 抬头挺胸 |
[21:02] | Liza… | 莱莎 |
[21:04] | Phyl. | 菲菲 |
[21:07] | – Who’s Liza? – It’s a nickname. | -谁是莱莎 -是昵称 |
[21:11] | “Phyl” is already a nickname. Why– | “菲菲”就已经是昵称了 为什么 |
[21:12] | It’s not important. | 这不重要 |
[21:13] | It’s important enough for you to keep it from me. | 你瞒着我就说明很重要了 |
[21:15] | ‘Cause I knew you’d react like this. Doesn’t matter. | 因为我知道你会有这种反应 只是小事 |
[21:17] | No, it matters to me. | 不 对我来说不是小事 |
[21:19] | I happen to like your given name. | 我正巧很喜欢你的名字 |
[21:23] | Do you know how hard it is to be Phyllis Schlafly, Jr. on campus? | 你知道叫小菲莉丝·施拉夫利在学校里有多难受吗 |
[21:25] | Oh, there are a lot of, uh, students with famous parents at Princeton. | 普林斯顿很多学生的家长都是知名人士 |
[21:28] | Not famous for being public enemy number one | 但他们的家长出名不是因为 |
[21:30] | of women’s liberation. | 是女性解放运动头号公敌 |
[21:31] | – I’ve changed my name. – To what? | -我改名字了 -改成什么了 |
[21:34] | Liza. | 莱莎 |
[21:35] | That’s not a very pretty name. | 这个名字不是很好听 |
[21:39] | I…I think we’re taking a break. | 我们还是暂停一下吧 |
[21:41] | – Oh, thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[21:45] | You knew? | 你早知道了 |
[21:47] | It wasn’t my news to share. | 这不该我来说 |
[21:53] | I’m sorry. I didn’t realize my name was such a burden. | 抱歉 我不知道我的名字对你来说是个负担 |
[21:56] | I feel like Hester Prynne whenever I introduce myself. | 我每次介绍自己 都觉得我像海丝特·白兰一样 |
[21:59] | People laugh at me. You’re famous. Good for you, | 大家都嘲笑我 你出名了 那挺好啊 |
[22:02] | – but it’s embarrassing for me. – That’s enough, Phyl. | -但是我感到很尴尬 -够了 菲菲 |
[22:03] | Busloads of my friends are headed to the state meeting tomorrow. | 我很多朋友明天都会坐大巴去参加州会 |
[22:06] | They’re feminists. | 他们是女权主义者 |
[22:07] | They’re interested in hearing what Bella Abzug has to say. | 他们对贝拉·艾布扎格要说的内容很感兴趣 |
[22:10] | You know, they all wanna be Gloria Steinem, not– | 她们都想成为格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆斯 而不是… |
[22:11] | I said that’s enough, Phyl. | 我说够了 菲菲 |
[22:13] | Now apologize to your mother right now. | 立刻向你母亲道歉 |
[22:16] | You know, my mother worked at the library for 25 years, | 我母亲在图书馆工作了25年 |
[22:21] | 5 days a week, and on Sunday afternoons. | 一周上班5天 外加周日下午 |
[22:24] | And on Saturdays, she worked at my high school | 周六 她还去我的高中上班 |
[22:27] | so that I could have a proper Catholic school education. | 为了让我能接受天主教学校的正规教育 |
[22:30] | Now, uh, my classmates laughed and joked about my mother | 我的同学都因为我妈妈在学校工作 |
[22:34] | working at the school, but I held my head high, | 而笑话我 但我还是昂首挺胸 |
[22:38] | knowing that, uh, she was doing what was necessary | 因为我知道 她这么做都是为了 |
[22:41] | so that my life could be better, and I never, ever thought, | 让我过上更好的生活 我从未 从未想过 |
[22:45] | let alone said, that I was ashamed or embarrassed of her. | 更不会说出口 她会让我丢脸或是难堪 |
[23:00] | I’ve decided to go to Berkeley. | 我决定去读伯克利 |
[23:54] | Did you talk to her this morning? | 你今早有跟她聊天吗 |
[23:55] | How many times are you gonna ask me? | 你还要问我多少遍 |
[23:57] | I just hope she’s okay. | 我只是希望她没事 |
[23:58] | Well, if she wasn’t planning on coming, | 如果她没打算来 |
[23:59] | she should’ve given me the bullhorn. | 就应该把扩音器给我 |
[24:00] | She’s coming. | 她会来的 |
[24:14] | Yeah, Bella! Bella! | 太好了 贝拉 贝拉 |
[24:18] | How are you? | 你们好啊 |
[24:23] | – Go home, Bella! – Go back to New York! | -回老家去 贝拉 -回纽约去 |
[24:25] | We don’t want you here! | 我们这儿不需要你 |
[24:27] | Has Schlafly arrived? | 施拉夫利到了吗 |
[24:29] | We’ll know when she gets here. All the trees will wilt. | 她到了我们自然会知道 所有树都会枯萎 |
[24:32] | Go home! Go back to New York! | 回你老家去 贝拉 回纽约吧 |
[24:37] | Go back to New York, Bella! Go home! | 回纽约吧 贝拉 回老家去 |
[24:44] | Phyllis? I was just gonna pick up Anne from school. | 菲莉丝 我要去学校接安了 |
[24:51] | Are you feeling all right? | 你还好吗 |
[24:54] | Are you unwell? | 你不舒服吗 |
[25:06] | Dr. Albert says that erratic sleeping, | 阿尔伯特医生说睡眠紊乱 |
[25:09] | – sweating is often– – It’s not that. | -盗汗是很… -不是这事 |
[25:12] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[25:14] | I do know for me that I didn’t know what was happening. | 我是不了解到底发生了什么 |
[25:16] | I did not get into this fight to lose. | 我卷进这场战斗不是为了失败 |
[25:20] | Not to that hideous battle-axe. I can’t… | 不是为了输给那只丑陋的母老虎 我没法… |
[25:26] | I just… | 我只是 |
[25:30] | Why does she get to be inside the White House? | 凭什么她能进白宫 |
[25:35] | You don’t want to go to that women’s convention anyway. | 反正你也不想参加那个女人开的大会 |
[25:38] | Going to Houston a week before Thanksgiving? | 在感恩节前一周去休斯顿市 |
[25:41] | We always have so much to do. | 我们有那么多准备工作要做呢 |
[25:45] | Oh, were you planning to spend Thanksgiving with us? | 你是打算和我们一起过感恩节吗 |
[25:51] | Well…what do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[25:54] | Well, I know it’s been our tradition, | 我知道这是我们的传统 |
[25:55] | but Fred and I have been so selfish with your time, | 但是弗莱德和我太自私了 占用你的时间 |
[25:58] | and I know Robert’s kids and Daniel’s kids | 我知道罗伯特家和丹尼尔家的孩子 |
[26:00] | love their Aunt Eleanor as much as mine do. | 都和我的孩子一样爱埃莉诺姑妈 |
[26:04] | Oh. I’ll– I’ll check with them. | 我会去问问他们的 |
[26:07] | Good. It’s only fair. | 很好 这样才公平 |
[26:42] | You can wait in here. | 你们可以在这里等 |
[26:53] | Hello. I’m Bella. | 你们好 我是贝拉 |
[26:55] | We know who you are. | 我们知道你是谁 |
[26:57] | Let’s see your sign. | 让我看看你们的标牌 |
[27:06] | So you’re not going for wit. | 所以你们不打算用俏皮口号 |
[27:08] | Okay. But you spelled my name right. That’s good. | 好吧 但你写对了我的名字 挺好 |
[27:11] | You wouldn’t believe how many people | 你不会相信有多少人 |
[27:12] | spell “Abzug” incorrectly. It’s phonetic. | 会写错”艾布扎格” 明明音形一致 |
[27:17] | Where’s your queen? | 你们的女王呢 |
[27:20] | She’s been held up in traffic. | 她路上堵车了 |
[27:22] | In Normal, Illinois? | 在伊利诺伊诺马尔这种地方 |
[27:29] | She’s not coming, is she? | 她不会来了 对吧 |
[27:35] | You don’t know it yet. | 你们还不知道 |
[27:39] | Let me tell you the truth about Phyllis Schlafly. | 让我来揭开菲莉丝·施拉夫利的真面目吧 |
[27:42] | She’s a liar, a fearmonger, and a con artist, | 她是个撒谎精 恐惧散播者 诈骗犯 |
[27:45] | but worst of all, she’s a goddamn feminist. | 而最糟糕的是 她是个该死的女权主义者 |
[27:48] | She might be one of the most liberated women in America. | 她可能全美思想最为解放的女性之一 |
[27:50] | Excuse me, but you don’t know anything about Phyllis. | 不好意思 但你根本不了解菲莉丝 |
[27:54] | Before she took up our cause, | 在她接过我们的事业大旗之前 |
[27:55] | we were the punchline of jokes on late night talk shows, | 我们就是深夜脱口秀里的搞笑段子 |
[27:59] | made to feel guilty for being proud homemakers, | 为身为一名自豪的家庭主妇而感到羞愧 |
[28:01] | wanting to stay home with our children | 羞愧于想在家陪伴孩子 |
[28:03] | instead of going to work in an office. | 而不是出门上班 |
[28:05] | We don’t want to be working girls. | 我们不想成为职业女性 |
[28:08] | She’s been our savior, our Joan of Arc. | 她是我们的救星 我们的圣女贞德 |
[28:10] | Everything we know, we learned from her. | 我们所知道的一切 都是从她那学到的 |
[28:15] | What have you learned from her? | 你们从她那学到什么了 |
[28:16] | So many things she’s taught us. | 她教会了我们太多 |
[28:20] | Has she taught you how to lobby legislators? | 她有教你们怎么游说立法者吗 |
[28:23] | Of course. | 当然 |
[28:24] | Has she taught you how to draft a press release? A speech? | 她有教你们怎么起草新闻稿 演讲稿吗 |
[28:26] | Yes. | 有 |
[28:28] | How to answer reporters’ questions, get the television interview? | 有教你们如何回答记者提问 接受电视采访吗 |
[28:31] | Yes. | 教了 |
[28:32] | How to create a budget and balance it? | 制定预算 平衡预算呢 |
[28:34] | Yes. | 都教了 |
[28:35] | Congratulations. You’re working girls. | 恭喜 你们就是职业女性 |
[28:40] | Before we begin the voting, | 在开始投票之前 |
[28:42] | it is my distinct honor to present our keynote speaker, | 我非常荣幸能够介绍我们的主讲人 |
[28:45] | former U. S. Representative… | 前美国国会议员 |
[28:47] | Be sure to give Phyllis my best regards. | 请务必代我向菲莉丝问好 |
[28:52] | …Bella Abzug! | 贝拉·艾布扎格 |
[29:05] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[29:13] | Wow, it’s great to be here. | 我很高兴能来到这里 |
[29:16] | When our country’s forefathers wrote the Constitution, | 当我们国家的先父写下宪法时 |
[29:19] | they overlooked our foremothers… | 他们忽视了我们的先母 |
[29:22] | …which is why I’ve come here today | 这也是我今天来到 |
[29:23] | to the great state of Illinois. | 伟大的伊利诺伊州的原因 |
[29:38] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[29:45] | …it’s because of all of your hard work. | 离不开大家的辛勤工作 |
[29:51] | Good, good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[29:54] | I heard you got four standing ovations. | 我听说你赢得了四次起立喝彩 |
[29:57] | Actually, five– six, if you count this one. | 其实是五次 算上这次就是六次 |
[30:02] | She never even showed when she heard I was coming. | 她听说我会在场 甚至都没露面 |
[30:08] | How was California? | 加州怎么样 |
[30:11] | We finally passed the resolution | 我们终于通过了 |
[30:12] | to decriminalize prostitution. | 将卖淫合法化的决议 |
[30:14] | Flo and I are happy about that. | 我和弗洛都很高兴 |
[30:16] | Ah, that’s sweet, you still think that’s ever gonna make it | 真不错 你还以为这永远不会被 |
[30:19] | on the agenda. | 写入议程呢 |
[30:21] | But good news. 26 states have voted to approve | 好消息是 已有26个州投票通过了 |
[30:23] | a gay rights resolution. | 一项同性恋权利决议 |
[30:25] | It’s no longer the stepchild of the movement. | 终于得到运动的重视了 |
[30:27] | I can’t wait to hear the anti-change women | 我已经等不及要听到那些反变革的女性 |
[30:29] | get up and preach about the dangers of perverts | 在投票之前站出来宣讲 |
[30:30] | teaching in our schools right before the vote. | 让变态在学校教书的危害了 |
[30:33] | That’s politics. | 这就是政治 |
[30:34] | They’re winning seats fair and square. | 她们公平公正地赢得了席位 |
[30:37] | They’re busing Mormons to New York from out of state. | 她们正把摩门教徒从州外接进纽约 |
[30:40] | They’re rigging the system, | 她们在操纵这个体制 |
[30:41] | and you’re doing nothing to stop them. | 而你完全没有去制止 |
[30:43] | – What would you have me do? – Kick them out. | -你想让我怎么办 -把他们赶走 |
[30:46] | They’ll rake us over the coals for being partisan. | 那样我们会因党争被骂得狗血淋头 |
[30:49] | We’ll become the assholes. | 变成人人喊打的混蛋 |
[30:50] | They’re gonna bring bloody fetus banners | 到时候他们会举着血淋淋的胎儿条幅 |
[30:52] | and tell us what we can and cannot do with our bodies, | 告诉我们应该如何处置自己的身体 |
[30:54] | and we’re the assholes. | 那我们才是混蛋 |
[30:56] | – We have to compromise. – Like we did with McGovern? | -我们得妥协 -就像当初妥协麦戈文一样吗 |
[31:01] | We finally have a place that’s ours, | 我们终于有了一席之地 |
[31:02] | and they’re going to ruin it. | 而他们还要毁掉这次机会 |
[31:04] | I’ve spent almost 10 years in this town. | 我在这里摸爬滚打了快十年 |
[31:06] | I know what I can get done and what I can’t– | 我清楚我能做到什么 不能做到什么 |
[31:08] | something you’ve never had to learn. | 你不需要经历这样的学习过程 |
[31:09] | I’ve learned that I’m not willing to sit | 我得到的教训就是我不想再一次 |
[31:11] | on another convention floor getting called | 坐在大会厅里被人称作 |
[31:13] | a murderer of babies. | 婴儿杀手 |
[31:14] | I’m not willing to let women speak | 我不愿意让那些 |
[31:16] | who are getting funded by the Birchers. | 被伯奇主义分子资助的女性发声 |
[31:18] | I’m sick of shrinking our dreams to appeal to the middle. | 我受够了一再压缩我们的梦想只为委曲求全 |
[31:23] | This was supposed to be our Eden, | 这本该是我们的伊甸园 |
[31:24] | and you’ve let the snakes in. | 你却把毒蛇放了进来 |
[31:32] | You were a bigger radical than me when we met. | 我们初见时你明明比我更激进 |
[31:35] | And you were a dilettante who wanted to play politics. | 而你只是个想要玩弄政治的半吊子 |
[33:38] | Phyllis? | 菲莉丝 |
[33:41] | Phyllis? Is anybody here? | 菲莉丝 有人在吗 |
[33:44] | Oh, there you are. | 你在这呢 |
[33:49] | We must come together as sisters, | 作为姐妹 我们必须团结一致 |
[33:52] | white, black, brown, | 白人 黑人 棕色人种 |
[33:55] | heterosexual, and lesbian. | 异性恋还是女同性恋 |
[33:57] | Lesbian rights are human r– | 女同性恋权利也是人… |
[34:00] | What are you doing? I’m in the middle of something important. | 你干什么 我在做很重要的事情 |
[34:02] | Why didn’t you show up yesterday? | 你昨天为什么没去 |
[34:04] | It was a strategic decision. | 那是个战略决策 |
[34:06] | For your information, I have had an inspired idea. | 告诉你 我有了个灵感 |
[34:10] | I know you don’t like to lose. | 我知道你不喜欢打败仗 |
[34:12] | Oh, I’m not losing. I’m winning. | 我可没输 我要赢了 |
[34:14] | We got trounced. You left us to be humiliated | 我们一败涂地 你让我们在贝拉·艾布扎格 |
[34:17] | in front of Bella Abzug and 2,000 libbers. | 和两千位女权分子前受尽了羞辱 |
[34:22] | Lesbian rights are human rights. | 女同性恋权利也是人权 |
[34:25] | Glory be to the Father and to the Son | 愿荣耀归于父 子 |
[34:28] | and to the Holy Ghost… | 及圣灵 |
[34:29] | I’m putting these libber quotes all together on one tape, | 我要把这些女权分子的发言录到一盘磁带上 |
[34:34] | including, uh, some sermons that Lottie Beth sent me. | 包括洛蒂·贝思发给我的布道 |
[34:38] | Don’t people realize that most women are working… | 难道人们没有意识到大部分女性都在忙着 |
[34:42] | to destroy the home, | 破坏自己的家园 |
[34:43] | family, and religion. | 家庭和宗教 |
[34:45] | But that’s not exactly what she said in her speech. | 但这并不是她的演讲原文 |
[34:48] | Yes, but she said those words. | 对 但她说了这些话 |
[34:50] | Yes, but–but in a– in a different way. | 是 但她没有这个意思 |
[34:52] | You’re just taking them out of context. | 你这是在断章取义 |
[34:54] | She said them. | 这是她亲口说的 |
[34:57] | Now the kids–they call these, uh, music compilations. | 孩子们管这叫音乐合集 |
[35:01] | They’re like movie soundtracks, | 就像电影原声带 |
[35:03] | and they make them for their sweethearts, | 他们会做给自己的心上人听 |
[35:04] | but you can also make them for people | 但也可以做给那些 |
[35:06] | who are not your sweethearts. | 不在你心上的人听 |
[35:08] | If we’re gonna mobilize more people, | 我们如果要发动更多人 |
[35:09] | we need them to know how truly horrible those libbers are. | 就得让他们知道那些女权分子的丑恶嘴脸 |
[35:14] | Yeah, in their own words. That’s devious. | 而且是用她们自己的话 真阴险 |
[35:26] | Are you angry with me? | 你在生我的气吗 |
[35:32] | I’ll tell the girls you had food poisoning. | 我会告诉姑娘们 你食物中毒了 |
[35:41] | Lesbian rights affect all of us. | 女同性恋权利影响着我们所有人 |
[35:42] | “You shall not lie with a male | “你不能像与女人同床那般 |
[35:44] | as with a woman. It’s an abomination.” | 和男人共寝 那会招人厌恶” |
[35:46] | We fight for reproductive freedom! | 我们为生育自由而战 |
[35:49] | “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.” | “我在怀你之前 就已经了解你” |
[35:53] | Women at home work harder than anyone, | 坚守家庭的女性比任何人都更努力 |
[35:55] | and they work 99.6 hours a week without pay. | 她们每周无偿工作99.6个小时 |
[35:59] | A man would have to pay a housekeeper $14,000 a year, | 而男人付给管家的年薪高达一万四千美元 |
[36:03] | not including part-time prostitution. | 还不包括兼职卖淫的酬劳 |
[36:05] | – So that’s the Horribles tape. – I miss Gloria. | -这磁带叫”恐怖派” -我想格洛莉亚了 |
[36:09] | We’re the Horribles? | 恐怖派是指我们吗 |
[36:11] | These tapes are everywhere. | 这些磁带现在到处都是 |
[36:12] | They’re spreading like wildfire across the churches. | 像野火一样传遍了各大教堂 |
[36:15] | This must be how they swept Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi | 他们就是用这盒磁带在上周末拿下了俄克拉荷马 |
[36:18] | last weekend–this tape. | 阿拉巴马和密西西比 |
[36:19] | It’s not just that they’ve mobilized more people. | 他们不只发动了更多的人 |
[36:22] | They’ve emboldened the Klan to crawl out from under a rock. | 还鼓动三K党从地底爬了出来 |
[36:25] | The Klan is showing up? | 三K党冒头了吗 |
[36:26] | Mississippi will be represented | 密西西比将派出 |
[36:28] | by an all-white delegation in Houston. | 完全由白人组成的代表团前往休斯顿 |
[36:30] | That includes the wife of the Grand Dragon | 其中包括密西西比三K党的三把手 |
[36:30] | 三K党最高首领称为”最高克兰” 其下依次为”大狮”和”大龙” | |
[36:32] | – of the Mississippi Klan. – They’re not even hiding. | -大龙的老婆 -他们连藏都不藏了 |
[36:36] | Can you ask the president for more money for security? | 你能请总统多拨点钱加强安保吗 |
[36:39] | Delicately, I will. | 我会委婉地提一提 |
[36:42] | Use this to bury Phyllis Schlafly. | 就用这个搞垮菲莉丝·施拉夫利吧 |
[36:46] | I’ve waited years for proof that she’s in bed with the Klan. | 她和三K党勾结的证据 我已经等了好几年了 |
[36:57] | Uh, given all that’s happening, I-I think, um… | 考虑到现有情况 我觉得… |
[37:00] | I think it’s…unwise | 继续在议程中讨论 |
[37:03] | to keep a gay rights resolution on the agenda. | 同性恋权利的决议不太明智 |
[37:08] | You can’t do that. It was approved in 30 states. | 你不能这样 已经有三十个州批准了 |
[37:12] | Believe me, this is the hardest part of my job. | 相信我 这也是我工作中最难办的部分 |
[37:23] | I got you this job. | 这份工作是我给你的 |
[37:25] | Carter appointed me. | 是卡特总统委任的我 |
[37:26] | Because I begged him. | 那是因为我求了他 |
[37:28] | Mrs. Carter thought you were pushy and loud. | 卡特太太觉得你是个咄咄逼人的大嗓门 |
[37:31] | You know that’s code for Jewish… | 他们眼里的犹太人都是这样… |
[37:32] | – And I fought for you. – …and Italian. | -而我为你据理力争 -意大利人也是 |
[37:34] | I thought you would fight for me. | 我以为你也会为我全力抗争 |
[37:35] | You want me to release hundreds of lavender balloons | 你要我在会场放飞几百只紫色气球 |
[37:37] | on the convention floor that say, “We are everywhere”? | 高声大喊”我们无处不在”吗 |
[37:40] | You’re not even out of the closet! | 你甚至都还没出柜 |
[37:41] | Well, maybe if I could hold Jean’s– | 要是我能牵着珍的… |
[37:50] | I can’t even hold her hand while we walk down the street | 我们走在街上连手都不敢牵 |
[37:53] | without being afraid that I’m gonna the shit kicked out of me. | 因为怕会被人打个半死 |
[37:58] | You’re fearless. That’s why I got you this appointment. | 你的无所畏惧 促使我帮你求来这份工作 |
[38:05] | That’s why I got into politics at all. | 也是我从政的初衷 |
[38:08] | Because you went down to Mississippi at 28 years old | 因为你28岁就敢冲去密西西比 |
[38:08] | 40年代极富争议的案件 黑人麦吉被控盗窃并强奸一名白人女子 庭审仅两分半钟即判其死刑 多人要求重审此案 但麦吉最终在六年后被处死 | |
[38:11] | to defend Willie McGee. You risked your life– | 为威利·麦吉辩护 你冒着生命危险… |
[38:12] | Sorry I let you down. | 抱歉我让你失望了 |
[38:17] | I tried to stop the Antis, but they’re coming to Houston, | 我试过阻止反对派 但他们要来休斯顿 |
[38:20] | they’re bringing the Klan, | 还带着三K党一起 |
[38:22] | and my job is to keep our women safe. | 保护女性的安全是我的职责 |
[38:25] | Your job is to make sure the president is standing on that stage. | 你的职责则是确保总统会上台发言 |
[38:30] | The president isn’t coming. | 总统不会来了 |
[38:48] | Picked up the things from your office. | 这都是从你办公室拿来的 |
[38:51] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[38:52] | Uh, it’s from the South Dakota meeting. | 南达科他州会议寄来的 |
[38:53] | Someone sent you a miniature Mount Rushmore statue, | 有人给你寄了个拉什莫尔山的小雕塑 |
[38:53] | 山顶刻有美国四位总统华盛顿 杰弗逊 林肯和罗斯福的雕像 也称”总统山” | |
[38:55] | remade with the Suffragettes. | 还把人脸改刻成了妇女参政论者 |
[38:59] | – Wisconsin? – Yes. | -这是威斯康辛的 -对 |
[39:01] | You know what goes nicely with this cheese? | 你知道最配芝士的是什么吗 |
[39:04] | From the Kentucky meeting. | 肯塔基州会议寄来的 |
[39:06] | Kentucky? | 肯塔基 |
[39:07] | – This could be poisoned. – Well, I’ll be your taster. | -可能有毒 -我来帮你试味 |
[39:13] | Did you run into Bella? | 你见到贝拉了吗 |
[39:16] | No. | 没有 |
[39:18] | No, she was in a meeting. | 她没来开会 |
[39:21] | I haven’t gone this long without speaking to her and… | 我从没和她断联过这么久 |
[39:27] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[39:33] | 希特勒 麦卡锡 布莱恩特 施拉夫利 | |
[39:42] | They thought I would wear this? | 他们觉得我会穿吗 |
[39:48] | How could you let a Klansman guard our hospitality suite? | 你怎么能让三K党成员当接待室的保安 |
[39:53] | Well, we didn’t know he was a Klansman. | 我们之前不知道他是三K党成员 |
[39:55] | They don’t walk around in hoods. Talk to Lotte. | 他们又不会戴着尖顶帽到处走 和洛特说去吧 |
[39:58] | Well, you should’ve vetted him. | 你该审查他的 |
[39:59] | You’re right, and I-I got a bad feeling | 你说得对 我看到很多男人 |
[40:02] | from a lot of the men driving buses | 开着巴士去密西西比和阿拉巴马 |
[40:04] | into Mississippi and Alabama. | 就觉得不太对劲了 |
[40:05] | I should have said something. I’m so stupid. | 我本该说点什么的 我太蠢了 |
[40:07] | It’s all right. It’s all right. | 没事的 没事的 |
[40:09] | I’ve–I’ve fixed it. I’ve, uh, denied any association. | 我已经解决了 我否认了与三K党有任何来往 |
[40:12] | Well, I think we need to go further. | 我觉得我们需要更进一步 |
[40:14] | The–The Grand Dragon of the Klan in Mississippi | 密西西比州三K党的大龙 |
[40:16] | has already gone on record saying he collaborated with us. | 已经公开声称在与我们合作了 |
[40:21] | The only way to make it absolutely clear | 能够清楚表明 |
[40:23] | that we don’t tolerate hate groups is to put out | 我们决不容忍仇恨团体的唯一办法就是 |
[40:25] | a press release denouncing them once and for all. | 发布一则新闻稿 对他们进行彻底谴责 |
[40:28] | Now that is a very smart idea. | 这个主意很聪明 |
[40:31] | – With Lotte. – All right. | -加上洛特一起 -好 |
[40:36] | Now look, this, uh, certainly is a setback, | 这当然是一个挫折 |
[40:39] | but, uh, given what we’re up against, | 但是考虑到我们面对的困难 |
[40:40] | I think it is remarkable how well we’ve done, | 我觉得我们做得很好 值得称赞 |
[40:43] | and, uh, Jacquie Davison called me, | 还有 杰奎·戴维森打电话给我了 |
[40:45] | and she’s been elected, and Ann Patterson is–is going, | 她选上了 安·帕特森也会去 |
[40:49] | but I think we should count ourselves lucky | 但我觉得我们 |
[40:51] | that we don’t have to go to this crooked extravaganza | 不用在感恩节前参加这场虚伪的盛会 |
[40:53] | right before Thanksgiving. | 已经算很幸运了 |
[40:57] | Well…uh…I have to go. | 其实…我得去 |
[41:01] | What? | 什么 |
[41:03] | I won. | 我赢下了 |
[41:05] | I didn’t know you won. | 我不知道你赢了 |
[41:06] | Well, it took them a while to count the ballots. | 计票花了一些时间 |
[41:10] | I just got the call a few days ago. | 我前几天才接到电话 |
[41:12] | They didn’t call me till this morning. | 我今天早上才接到电话 |
[41:15] | – Me, too. – We all won. | -我也是 -我们都赢下了 |
[41:17] | – I can’t believe it. – We all won? | -简直不敢相信 -我们都赢下了吗 |
[41:29] | It was too bad you got food poisoning and couldn’t run, too. | 你因为食物中毒不能竞选 真是太可惜了 |
[41:35] | Oh, yes. Yes. It’s, uh… Ooh. | 对 对 这个… |
[41:41] | Well, anyway, I’m… I’m too busy to go. | 不管怎么说 我太忙了 去不了 |
[41:44] | I-I think we should go. | 我觉得我们应该去 |
[41:46] | They need to see us. | 得让他们看见我们 |
[41:47] | They need to see good people who are against the ERA, | 得让他们看到反对《平权修正案》的好人 |
[41:50] | that our cause is just, | 我们的追求公正合理 |
[41:52] | and it has nothing to do with hate or prejudice. | 与仇恨和偏见毫无关系 |
[41:55] | That’s right. | 说得对 |
[41:56] | Plus the government is paying us. | 而且政府会给我们报酬 |
[41:59] | It’s kind of like a job. | 就像是一份工作 |
[42:11] | Delegate-at-large? | 全州代表吗 |
[42:15] | What the hell does it even mean? | 这到底是什么意思 |
[42:16] | Whatever we want it to. I made it up. | 随我们怎么理解 我创的 |
[42:19] | I’m busy. I’m writing articles | 我很忙 我在给一家 |
[42:21] | for a new magazine called “Working Women.” | 叫做《职业女性》的新杂志撰稿 |
[42:24] | It’s like “Ms.” But not dull. | 跟《女士杂志》差不多 但没那么乏味 |
[42:26] | Come to Houston. You– | 来休斯顿吧 你… |
[42:27] | You don’t get the credit you deserve | 你没有得到应有的认可 |
[42:30] | ’cause you’re difficult. | 是因为你太难相处 |
[42:31] | And you’re ruthless, and you don’t listen. | 而你很冷酷无情 不善于倾听 |
[42:33] | To you. I don’t like a know-it-all. | 对你而已 我不喜欢万事通 |
[42:35] | Well, I admit I do have very strong instincts. | 我承认我的直觉很敏锐 |
[42:38] | And I’ll be honest with you. | 我就和你实话实说了 |
[42:39] | My instincts tell me there’s only one issue | 我的直觉告诉我 在你的大会上 |
[42:42] | that you should make a priority at your convention– | 你应该着重强调的议题只有一个 |
[42:46] | equal pay for equal work. | 同工同酬 |
[42:48] | That’s what Phyllis understands. | 菲莉丝就明白这一点 |
[42:50] | She has one message, and she sticks to it. | 她找到一个观点 就抓住不放 |
[42:53] | Make it about everything, it winds up being about nothing. | 什么都想提一嘴 到头来却丢了重点 |
[42:55] | As my father used to say, | 就像我父亲常说的 |
[42:56] | you only pluck one chicken at a time. | 一次只能给一只鸡拔毛 |
[42:59] | Yeah, was your father a butcher? | 是吗 你父亲是个屠夫 |
[43:03] | Oh, and don’t let them make it about lesbianism. | 还有 别让他们扯到女同性恋 |
[43:06] | It’s not our fight. | 那不是我们的战场 |
[43:08] | Gloria doesn’t understand that. | 格洛丽娅不明白这一点 |
[43:10] | She has a vision of Houston | 她把休斯顿想象成了 |
[43:11] | as being some magical feminist Woodstock. | 女权主义者的神奇伍德斯托克音乐节 |
[43:14] | Well, sure, why not? | 当然了 为什么不呢 |
[43:15] | She’s not going to get blamed if it’s a failure. | 就算这次失败了 背锅的人也不会是她 |
[43:18] | It’ll be you, and they won’t say | 而是你 他们不会说 |
[43:19] | that Bella Abzug couldn’t pull it off. | 贝拉·艾布扎格办不成这件事 |
[43:21] | They’ll say that women just can’t | 他们会说女人就是 |
[43:23] | pull off this sort of thing. | 办不成这样的事 |
[43:24] | And it’ll be another 150 years | 然后又要再等150年 |
[43:27] | until they let women gather like this again. | 他们才会让女性再像这样聚到一起 |
[43:32] | Do you wanna stay for dinner? I’m making soup from scratch. | 你要留下来吃晚饭吗 我准备开始煲汤 |
[43:35] | I can’t remember the last time I had people over. | 我都不记得上次家里来人是什么时候了 |
[43:38] | Uh, Marty’s expecting me. | 马蒂在等我 |
[43:46] | Does it bother you that… | 你会困扰 |
[43:48] | no one calls you a radical anymore? | 没人再叫你激进分子了吗 |
[43:52] | The movement is getting down to Middle America. | 运动正在深入到美国中部 |
[43:55] | We’re mainstream. That’s a good thing. | 我们成了主流 这是好事 |
[44:35] | You never pick up your phone. | 你一直不接电话 |
[44:37] | Why are you holding a flashlight? | 你为什么拿着个手电筒 |
[44:39] | It’s not a flashlight. It’s a torch. | 这不是手电筒 这是火炬 |
[44:43] | Don’t you have any imagination? | 就没点想象力吗 |
[44:50] | After months of sitting silently in our meetings, | 在会上一言不发地混了几个月 |
[44:53] | eating all our food, | 吃遍了我们的食物后 |
[44:54] | Sey Chassler finally had a good idea– | 塞·查斯勒终于想出了个好主意 |
[44:57] | a relay from Seneca Falls to Houston | 在大会开幕前几周举办一场 |
[44:59] | in the weeks leading up to the convention, | 从塞内卡瀑布到休斯顿的接力赛 |
[45:01] | women athletes of all ages, and I thought, | 囊括各个年龄段的女运动员 我就想 |
[45:03] | instead of a baton, why not a torch like Lady Liberty? | 与其用接力棒 不如换成自由女神手中的火炬 |
[45:09] | Women on the move. | 女性在行动 |
[45:10] | That’s good. That’s good. Write that down. | 很好 很好 写篇文章 |
[45:13] | I’m not writing that down. | 我才不写 |
[45:22] | Have you spoken to Midge? | 你和米琪谈过了吗 |
[45:25] | Yeah. I’ve spoken to Midge. | 嗯 我和米琪谈过了 |
[45:32] | Midge remembers my defense of Willie McGee as heroic. | 米琪认为我为威利·麦吉辩护很是英勇 |
[45:41] | I was eight months pregnant when I went down to Jackson. | 我去杰克逊时已经怀孕八个月了 |
[45:47] | With Egee? | 和艾格一起吗 |
[45:48] | It was the first Supreme Court petition I’d ever written. | 那次是我第一次向最高法院写请愿书 |
[45:51] | It was my first trip to the South. | 也是我第一次去南部 |
[45:53] | It was the first time I got a death threat. | 更是我第一次收到死亡威胁 |
[45:55] | They said, “Willie McGee’s white woman lawyer should be | 人们说 “威利·麦吉的白人女律师应该 |
[45:58] | executed along with him in the electric chair.” | 和他一起上电椅被处决” |
[46:03] | I slept, disguised, above a brothel… | 我乔装打扮睡在一家妓院楼上 |
[46:08] | …because vigilantes stalked the hotels. | 因为义警们监视了酒店 |
[46:12] | The whole time, I was scared shitless. | 那段时间 我被吓得屁滚尿流 |
[46:19] | I lost the baby. | 我流产了 |
[46:23] | Stress, the doctor said. | 医生说是因为压力 |
[46:26] | They got to me. | 他们压垮了我 |
[46:31] | I left Mississippi before the case was over. | 我在结案前离开了密西西比 |
[46:38] | I had so much still to do. | 我当时还有很多事要做 |
[46:42] | There is so much still to do. | 现在仍有很多未竟的事业 |
[46:48] | Fear never moved mountains. | 靠恐惧完不成大业 |
[46:57] | What’s right is right. | 对的永远都会是对的 |
[47:02] | I have to do right by Midge. | 我不能辜负米琪 |
[47:06] | But if I put lesbian rights back on the agenda, | 但如果我把女同权利重新提上议程 |
[47:10] | it’s true. We have to keep the Antis out. | 的确 我们得把反对者挡住 不许他们投票 |
[47:17] | I’ll do my best. | 我会尽力而为 |
[47:24] | What if we let them in? | 如果让他们进来呢 |
[47:27] | What if we let everyone in? | 如果我们让所有人都加入呢 |
[47:30] | Let the chips fall where they may. | 就顺其自然 |
[47:32] | What do you mean, everyone? Not Schlafly’s people. | 你说所有人是什么意思 施拉夫利的人不算吧 |
[47:35] | Everyone, everyone. | 就是字面意义上的所有人 |
[47:39] | What’s really revolutionary about a group of people | 要是一群人躲在自己的地盘惺惺相惜 |
[47:41] | in a room agreeing with each other? | 那还有什么革命性可言 |
[47:45] | The whole thing could blow up in our faces. | 我们可能会被这整件事反噬 |
[47:56] | I invited Betty to be a delegate-at-large. | 我还邀请了贝蒂当全州代表 |
[48:32] | 强奸 生育自由 农村妇女 性取向 | |
[49:27] | I put the leftovers in the freezer. | 我把剩菜放进冰箱了 |
[49:29] | Do you need anything else before I leave? | 请问我走之前还有什么需要吗 |
[49:31] | Oh, no, thank you, Willie. I’ll–I’ll see you tomorrow. | 没了 谢谢你 薇莉 明天见 |
[49:33] | Okay. See you tomorrow. | 好的 明天见 |
[49:40] | 《你可以很美丽 圣洁之美》 洛蒂·贝丝·霍布斯 著 | |
[49:52] | – Lottie Beth Hobbs. – It’s Phyllis. | -我是洛蒂·贝丝·霍布斯 -我是菲莉丝 |
[49:56] | You’re working late. | 加夜班啊 |
[49:58] | I’ve been reading your book. You, uh… | 我最近在看你的书 你 |
[50:01] | say some pretty powerful things about hate. | 关于仇恨的写得很绝决 |
[50:05] | Now I don’t hate anybody, and if we’re gonna continue | 我不恨任何人 如果我们还要继续 |
[50:09] | to work together– | 共事的话 |
[50:10] | You need to understand that to love completely | 你得明白要想全力去爱 |
[50:12] | requires learning to hate properly. | 就要先学会正确地仇恨 |
[50:16] | It is to love what God loves and to hate what God hates. | 爱上帝所爱的 恨上帝所恨的 |
[50:22] | I want to be clear about something. | 我想说清楚一件事 |
[50:26] | We can’t have anything to do with the Klan. | 我们不能跟三K党有任何关系 |
[50:29] | Goes without saying. | 那是自然 |
[50:32] | But, uh, you know, I am tolerant, | 但是 我为人宽容 |
[50:34] | and I let everyone be against women’s lib | 我认为反对女性解放 |
[50:36] | for the reasons of their choice. | 都是出于个人的选择 |
[50:40] | Now about this idea you had for a counter-rally | 再说说你的主意 在休斯顿大会结束时 |
[50:45] | at the end of their convention at Houston–it’s a good one. | 组织反抗集会 这是个好主意 |
[50:48] | You needn’t sell me on my own idea. | 你用不着拿我的主意来说服我 |
[50:51] | But I would call it a pro-family rally. | 但我更愿意称其为支持家庭集会 |
[50:56] | And I think if we pooled our resources, | 我认为如果我们集中资源 |
[50:59] | we’d have a pretty good shot at matching their crowds, | 就很有机会能与他们的人数相抗衡 |
[51:01] | – don’t you think? – Yes. | -你觉得呢 -是的 |
[51:04] | But if outside groups want to…lend support, | 但如果外部组织想…提供支持 |
[51:09] | we can’t control it. | 我们也控制不了 |
[51:22] | So we make a rule. | 那我们定个规矩 |
[51:24] | There’s no official group name on any of the signs or buses. | 所有标牌和巴士上都不得张贴官方团体名称 |
[51:30] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[51:32] | Now if we pull this off, Houston will be the death knell | 如果我们成功了 休斯顿将为 |
[51:35] | of the women’s liberation movement. | 女性解放运动敲响丧钟 |
[51:40] | Let’s blow it up. | 我们就大干一场吧 |