时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | 本剧改编自因《平等权利修正案》引发的政治斗争和辩论的相关真实事件 部分剧中角色和一些场景对话做了戏剧创作和改编 | |
[00:52] | Five minutes! | 五分钟 |
[01:22] | – Here. Do you want a light? – Oh. Thank you. | -给 要火吗 -谢谢 |
[01:26] | What kind of law are you planning to specialize in? | 你打算专攻哪方面法律 |
[01:29] | Oh, constitutional. And you? | 宪法 你呢 |
[01:32] | Oh, I didn’t take the bar. | 我没参加考试 |
[01:35] | You don’t think practicing law | 你不觉得做律师 |
[01:36] | runs contrary to your preachings | 跟你对女人的合适地位的 |
[01:38] | on a woman’s proper place? | 看法相抵触吗 |
[01:43] | Nice disguise, Mrs. Schlafly. | 伪装不错 施拉夫利太太 |
[01:45] | I didn’t have time to fix my hair. | 我没时间弄头发 |
[01:46] | I’m with the “Tribune.” | 我是《论坛报》的 |
[01:48] | I have raised six children. I can do whatever I want. | 我已经养大了六个孩子 我想做什么都行 |
[01:51] | I’ve always said that women can do whatever they want. | 我一向都是这么说的 |
[03:43] | Oh, yes. | 很好 |
[03:47] | Well, if I were you, and I had a choice, | 如果我是你 我可以选 |
[03:49] | I’d come to my gala, ’cause it’ll be pleasant, | 我会来我的晚会 因为会见到 |
[03:51] | lovely, nice people, and you’ll have a good time. | 让人愉快的好人 你也会享受其中 |
[03:54] | I think “The New York Times” is gonna cover us. | 《纽约时报》可能要报道我们 |
[03:58] | Well, I’m sure we could fit you in, | 我们肯定能给你安排下 |
[04:00] | but I would need confirmation. Thank you. | 但我还需要确认 谢谢 |
[04:04] | You put Lottie and I at tables | 你让我和洛蒂跟一些 |
[04:06] | with a bunch of nobodies. | 无名小卒坐在一桌 |
[04:08] | You’ve put… | 你让… |
[04:09] | Oh, you’re the distinguished guests. | 你们可是贵宾 |
[04:11] | I just have to, uh, spread you around | 我得把你们平均分配 |
[04:13] | like, uh, cherries in a fruit salad. | 就像水果沙拉里的樱桃 |
[04:15] | But I wanted to be at the same table as Senator Helms | 但我想跟海尔姆斯参议员坐同一桌 |
[04:18] | so he could sign my book. | 让他给我的书签名 |
[04:19] | He wrote the forward. | 他写了前言呢 |
[04:21] | Oh, one of his aides wrote that. | 肯定是他哪个助手写的 |
[04:22] | Well, then we better make sure to introduce you to him at the gala. | 那我们在晚会上一定要把你介绍给他 |
[04:27] | Alice. | 爱丽丝 |
[04:31] | Thought I’d stop by to see if I can help | 我想来看看我能不能帮你们做 |
[04:32] | with any last-minute planning. | 最后的筹划 |
[04:35] | Well, I wasn’t sure you’d be coming at all. | 我都不知道你还打算来 |
[04:37] | Of course I am, and Buck, too. | 我当然要来 巴克也会来 |
[04:40] | You haven’t been around much all year. | 你这一年没怎么参与 |
[04:43] | I’m sorry. I’ve just been so busy with grandma duty, | 对不起 我太忙于做奶奶了 |
[04:46] | but I have typed up all the names | 但我把今年所有 |
[04:49] | of the new representatives for this year’s ERA vote. | 《平权修正案》投票的代表名字打出来了 |
[04:52] | I cannot believe we have to push this boulder up | 真不敢相信我还要继续应付 |
[04:54] | for another three years. | 这破事三年 |
[04:56] | How can I help? | 需要我做什么 |
[04:59] | Why don’t you start by typing up | 你先把晚会的新闻稿 |
[05:00] | the press release for the gala? Hmm? | 打出来吧 |
[05:05] | Sure. | 好 |
[05:08] | How are the grandkids? | 孙子们怎么样了 |
[05:10] | Uh, a handful. | 让人忙啊 |
[05:12] | Well, you know. Boys. | 但是 男孩嘛 |
[05:15] | “The women’s libbers are rewarded with an extension | “女权分子获得了《平权修正案》投票 |
[05:17] | “Of the ERA deadline despite our pro-family | 期限延长的机会 尽管在休斯顿 |
[05:20] | rally in Houston being twice as big as…” | 我们的支持家庭集会参与人数是他们两倍” |
[05:25] | Are you sure the crowd at our rally was twice as big? | 你确定我们集会的人数是两倍吗 |
[05:29] | – Yes. – Definitely. | -当然 -绝对的 |
[05:31] | I should know. I was at both. | 我最清楚了 我两场都去了 |
[05:34] | It didn’t feel that much bigger. | 感觉人没多那么多 |
[05:36] | Satan’s destructive forces | 撒旦的毁灭力量 |
[05:38] | are so strong and well-financed. | 非常强大 资金也充足 |
[05:40] | It’s easy to get confused. | 很容易让人迷惑 |
[05:46] | Eric! Come back here! | 埃里克 回来 |
[05:52] | Oh, no, you forgot to find a seat for Pamela and Kevin. | 不 你忘了给帕梅拉和凯文留座位了 |
[05:56] | Oh, uh, they can’t make it. | 他们去不了了 |
[05:58] | Oh, you’ve worked so hard for seven years. | 但你七年来为此付出了那么多 |
[06:00] | You deserve to celebrate. | 你理应去庆祝一下 |
[06:01] | Kevin didn’t wanna spend the money, so… | 凯文不想花那个钱 所以… |
[06:03] | Well, maybe we could figure something out. | 说不定我们能想想办法 |
[06:05] | – You should talk to him. – Phyllis says that | -你应该和他谈谈 -菲莉丝说 |
[06:07] | a man needs to feel like the king of his castle. | 得让男人觉得自己是一家之主 |
[06:11] | Otherwise, they act out. | 不然他们会耍性子 |
[06:16] | You told her that? | 你对她这么说了 |
[06:19] | Well, you don’t marry a man to reform him. | 嫁给男人又不是为了改造他 |
[06:21] | I’ve been trying to take the time to let him know | 我一直想找时间告诉他 |
[06:24] | how much I need him. | 我有多需要他 |
[06:26] | It’s all about a positive mental attitude. | 保持积极心态很关键 |
[06:35] | There are going to be some fun surprises at the gala. | 晚会上会有惊喜环节 |
[06:39] | I’m looking forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[06:41] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[06:43] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[06:46] | Phyllis is so kind and trusting. | 菲莉丝太宽容了 容易轻信他人 |
[06:47] | She doesn’t see what’s going on, but I do. | 她没看出来你怎么了 但我一清二楚 |
[06:53] | – What are you talking about? – Loyalty. | -你在说什么呢 -忠诚 |
[06:57] | You’re questioning my loyalty? | 你质疑我的忠诚 |
[06:59] | I can tell your heart isn’t in the fight. | 我看得出你没有把心投入在斗争里 |
[07:03] | I always said to Phyllis you’d get bored | 我一直就跟菲莉丝说 你会变得厌烦 |
[07:04] | and drop off eventually. | 最后退出不干 |
[07:06] | My commitment has never changed. | 我一直忠心耿耿 |
[07:10] | I’m the one who brought the ERA to Phyllis’ attention. | 是我让菲莉丝注意到了《平权修正案》 |
[07:12] | You gathered everything into a box. | 你还整理了所有的信息资料 |
[07:14] | That story is getting a little old. | 这句话都有点说烂了 |
[07:18] | I’ve always supported Phyllis | 我一直支持着菲莉丝 |
[07:21] | when things were simple and clear, | 那时的事情简单明了 |
[07:24] | when it was about protecting our place in the home. | 那时是为了维护我们在家中的地位 |
[07:29] | But somewhere along the way, | 但在这个过程中 |
[07:30] | it’s become about something else. | 我们追求的东西变了 |
[07:33] | We are in the midst of a conservative revolution. | 我们正处在一场保守主义革命当中 |
[07:36] | After years of being ostracized and discounted, | 在遭受了多年的排斥和忽视之后 |
[07:38] | religious voices are being heard in the political arena. | 宗教正在政治舞台获得话语权 |
[07:43] | Did you really think there’d be no casualties? | 你真以为不会造成牺牲吗 |
[07:47] | It’s bigger than the ERA now. | 这比《平权修正案》更为重大 |
[08:01] | I serve at the pleasure of the president. | 我很乐意为总统效劳 |
[08:04] | I also serve five kids, a husband, | 我同时还要照顾五个孩子 一个丈夫 |
[08:06] | two cats, two dogs, 14 rabbits, | 两只猫 两条狗和十四只兔子 |
[08:09] | so it’s not easy to drop everything | 所以要我抛下一切飞越美国 |
[08:11] | and fly across the country. | 真的很不容易 |
[08:13] | I had a chicken in the oven when the call came. | 电话打来时 我的烤箱里正烤着鸡呢 |
[08:16] | I was down the street at Stan’s, | 我当时在斯坦家 |
[08:17] | but I am also very irritated. | 但我也很恼火 |
[08:19] | We’ve been pushing the president to meet with us for what, | 休斯顿大会以来 我们就在力劝总统与我们见面 |
[08:21] | over a year? Since Houston. | 得有一年多了吧 |
[08:23] | Nothing, and then all of a sudden, one day’s notice? | 毫无回应 结果突然提前一天来了通知 |
[08:26] | That’s how it goes. We all made sacrifices. | 干这行的就是这样 我们都要做出牺牲 |
[08:29] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[08:30] | There were 1,500 media groups at our conference. | 有一千五百家媒体组织参加了我们的会议 |
[08:33] | Then two men decided to have a conversation, | 但那两个男人一决定会晤 |
[08:36] | and we were knocked below the fold. | 媒体就少了一大半 |
[08:37] | Two men–Sadat and Begin. | 那两个男人可是萨达特和贝京 |
[08:37] | 埃及总统萨达特和以色列总理贝京 于1979年在华盛顿签署了《埃以和平条约》 | |
[08:39] | Did you want to stand in the way of peace in the Middle East? | 你真想阻碍中东地区的和平吗 |
[08:42] | No, but I can’t believe we’re getting peace | 不想 我只是不敢相信 |
[08:44] | in the Middle East before equal rights for women. | 中东和平居然发生在实现女性平等权利前面 |
[08:46] | You can’t? | 你真不信吗 |
[08:47] | We have nothing to show for Houston. | 休斯顿大会毫无成果可言 |
[08:48] | They did give us an extension on the ERA deadline. | 但我们的确争取到了批准ERA的延长期限 |
[08:51] | Things move slowly in Washington. | 在华盛顿办事很磨蹭 |
[08:53] | It takes at least two years to implement any policy, | 实施任何一项政策都至少需要两年 |
[08:56] | let alone laws that benefit women. | 更别提惠及女性的法律了 |
[08:58] | It’s too soon to get frustrated. | 现在还不是说丧气话的时候 |
[09:01] | Let’s get started. | 我们开始吧 |
[09:02] | Do we assume Carter has or hasn’t | 我们觉得卡特总统有没有 |
[09:05] | read this beforehand? | 事先看过这个 |
[09:06] | Hasn’t. | 没看过 |
[09:07] | So I’ll make some introductory remarks. | 我会做一段开场白 |
[09:09] | Then each of you will take a minute | 然后你们每个人都要 |
[09:11] | to brief the president on our proposals to Congress. | 给总统简单介绍下我们给国会的提议 |
[09:13] | We have to move fast. We only have 15 minutes. | 我们速度要快 只有15分钟 |
[09:17] | 15 minutes for which part? | 哪个环节15分钟 |
[09:21] | Total. | 总共 |
[09:23] | Would you rather we have no meeting? | 这总比不会晤好吧 |
[09:24] | 15 minutes isn’t a meeting. It’s a photo op. | 15分钟不叫会晤 而是拍宣传照 |
[09:28] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 我能怎么办 |
[09:30] | Cancel it. Ask for a proper meeting. | 取消 要求进行一次正式的会晤 |
[09:34] | Canceling signals that we expect real results. | 取消暗示我们期待实质性结果 |
[09:37] | We’ve spent two years coming up with this plan of action. | 我们花了两年时间想出了这个行动计划 |
[09:40] | Meanwhile, he’s cutting domestic programs | 与此同时 他削减了国内项目开支 |
[09:42] | so he can increase military spending. | 好让他可以增加军费 |
[09:44] | We should issue a press release. | 我们该发表一份新闻稿 |
[09:45] | Say exactly that. | 就照你这么说 |
[09:47] | I don’t think we wanna criticize our own president in the press. | 最好别在媒体上批评我们自己的总统 |
[09:49] | Kissinger has been publicly strong-arming Carter for weeks | 基辛格最近几周一直对卡特横施淫威 |
[09:52] | to get asylum for the Shah of Iran. | 为了给伊朗王争取庇护 |
[09:54] | This is how the boys do it. | 男生们就是这么做的 |
[10:04] | Rita, get me Ham Jordan! | 瑞塔 帮我联系汉姆·乔丹 |
[10:07] | Please! | 拜托了 |
[10:17] | I got you a present. | 我给你准备了一份礼物 |
[10:25] | 未校正版 《不必向他们道歉》 美国参议员巴里·M·戈德华特个人与政治生涯回忆录 | |
[10:29] | How did you… | 你是怎么 |
[10:30] | Ah, I can’t divulge my sources. | 我不能透露我的线人 |
[10:32] | Let’s just say | 这么说吧 |
[10:33] | a certain presidential candidate is desperate for our support. | 某个总统候选人急需我们的支持 |
[10:37] | Who? Crane? | 谁 克莱恩吗 |
[10:41] | He sees Reagan in his rearview mirror, gaining speed, | 他在后视镜里看到里根在加速 |
[10:45] | but that tax amendment of his was a breath of fresh air. | 但他的税收修正案令人耳目一新 |
[10:47] | And I don’t see him drifting center. | 我也不觉得他会变中立 |
[10:49] | Yeah, the establishment, uh, respects him, | 建制派很尊重他 |
[10:52] | but I-I think it’s a long shot. | 但我觉得希望不大 |
[10:53] | Every true conservative is. | 每个真正的保守党都希望不大 |
[10:55] | Phil Crane in the White House, | 菲尔·克莱恩入住白宫 |
[10:57] | a Republican president from Illinois. | 一个来自伊利诺伊州的共和党总统 |
[11:00] | Get ready for your appointment, Mrs. Schlafly. | 准备好你的会面吧 施拉夫利太太 |
[11:02] | Mrs. Schlafly, Esquire. | 尊敬的施拉夫利太太 |
[11:05] | I was just sworn in. | 我刚宣誓就职 |
[11:06] | You gonna change your stationery? | 你要换信纸抬头吗 |
[11:08] | Well, it’s the only place to put it. I’m never gonna practice. | 那只能放在书房 我永远不会执业 |
[11:12] | I must say, the way he looks at you, | 我得说 他看你的样子 |
[11:14] | it almost makes me want to endorse Kemp. | 差点就让我想要背书坎普了 |
[11:17] | The way he looks at me? | 他看我的样子 |
[11:21] | Be still, my beating heart. | 淡定 我跳动的心 |
[11:26] | The index goes… | 目录… |
[11:29] | from Saxby to… straight to Schlesinger. | 从萨克斯比直接变成了施莱辛格 |
[11:32] | What? | 什么 |
[11:36] | Here. | 这里 |
[11:37] | That was an oversight. | 那是疏忽 |
[11:40] | Goldwater would never have won that nomination without me. | 没有我戈德华特永远都拿不下那个提名 |
[11:43] | Because he wasn’t a winner, | 因为他不是赢家 |
[11:44] | and we need to run a winner this time, | 而这次我们要让一个赢家去参选 |
[11:47] | and we will have our pick. | 我们可以自行挑选 |
[11:50] | Think of everyone coming to D.C. for this gala, | 想想所有会来华府参加这个晚会的人 |
[11:53] | and we will hear what they have to say. | 我们听听他们的想法 |
[11:55] | – Mm-hmm? – And then we will decide. | -嗯 -然后我们再做决定 |
[12:01] | So…when do you think is the best time for us to declare | 那…你觉得何时宣布 |
[12:05] | who we’re going to, uh…back? | 我们要支持谁最好 |
[12:10] | After Iowa. | 在爱荷华州之后 |
[12:13] | All right, now you be careful with my hair. | 好 别弄乱我头发 |
[12:19] | Uh, no need to apologize, Mr. President. | 不必道歉 总统先生 |
[12:22] | No, no, thank you very much. | 不不 非常感谢 |
[12:25] | Uh, we look forward to it. | 我们很期待 |
[12:29] | We got in for two hours. | 我们争取到了两小时 |
[12:34] | Were his jokes really that funny? | 他的笑话真的那么好笑吗 |
[12:35] | Oh, God, no, something about Sadat at Camp David. | 天呐 当然不 有关戴维营的萨达特 |
[12:38] | I had no idea, but you laugh. | 我完全不懂 但笑就对了 |
[12:41] | We should get going. | 我们该走了 |
[12:41] | Stan’s waiting in the car. | 斯坦在车里等着呢 |
[12:45] | You have to come back down to D. C. in a couple of weeks. | 几周之内你得回华盛顿 |
[12:47] | I have a meeting with Kay Graham anyway. | 反正我也要和凯·格雷厄姆会面 |
[12:50] | You’re doing a piece in the “Post”? | 你要在《邮报》上发文章吗 |
[12:51] | Isn’t that your competition? | 它不是你的竞争对手吗 |
[12:52] | I’m looking at buyers for “Ms.” | 我在给《女士杂志》找买家 |
[12:56] | I can’t keep it afloat. | 我经营不下去了 |
[12:58] | 20世纪享誉全美的女性杂志 斯坦奈姆于1965年起做过其编辑 但该杂志于60年代末期渐渐落败 | |
[12:58] | I just hope she doesn’t turn it into another “McCall’s.” | 我只希望它不要变成下一个《麦考尔》杂志 |
[13:02] | “Ms.” gave us a voice | 当初《女士杂志》替我们发声时 |
[13:03] | when no one was listening. | 我们都没有听众 |
[13:05] | Now look at us. | 但看看现在 |
[13:07] | We have the ear of the president. | 连总统都在倾听我们 |
[13:32] | And now, ladies and gentlemen, | 接下来 女士们先生们 |
[13:35] | a very special performance. | 请欣赏一场非常特别的表演 |
[13:37] | Here to dazzle you with their vocal stylings– | 用歌声让你们目眩神迷的 |
[13:40] | Gloria Steinem and Bella Abzug! | 格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆和贝拉·艾布扎格 |
[13:45] | 《平权修正案》终结晚会 一个庆祝击败《平权修正案》的夜晚 支持家庭委员会承办 1979年3月22日 肖尔维奇酒店 | |
[13:55] | *Two little feminists are we* | *我们是两个小女权主义者* |
[13:57] | *Shrill as a feminist can be* | *极尽女权主义者的尖锐* |
[13:59] | *Godless and man-less and ornery-eeh* | *不信主 无情还坏脾气* |
[14:02] | *Two little feminists* | *两个小女权主义者* |
[14:04] | *We beg you to pass the ERA* | *求求你们通过《平权修正案》* |
[14:08] | *And take our privileges away* | *把我们的特权夺走* |
[14:13] | *Except if you’re lesbian or gay* | *除非你是拉拉或基佬* |
[14:15] | 反《平权修正案》州荣誉名单 反对七年 伊利诺伊州 路易斯安那州 密西西比州 密苏里州 内华达州 | |
[14:18] | *Two little feminists* | *两个小女权主义者* |
[14:23] | *This feminist, she will not marry* | *这个女权主义者 她永远不结婚* |
[14:26] | *Draft her into the military* | *征兵送她去军队* |
[14:28] | *Abortion was also necessary* | *堕胎也很有必要* |
[14:32] | *Two little feminists* | *两个小女权主义者* |
[14:34] | *Two little feminists* | *两个小女权主义者* |
[14:40] | *This feminist from New York City* | *这个女权主义者来自纽约* |
[14:43] | *Bane of the Ways and Means Committee* | *是筹款委员会的一大祸害* |
[14:45] | *Lost her seat? Oh, what a pity* | *丢了她的席位 真可惜* |
[14:48] | *Two little feminists* | *两个小女权主义者* |
[14:51] | *Two little feminists* | *两个小女权主义者* |
[15:02] | Bravo! | 精彩 |
[15:09] | Please join me in welcoming the woman of the hour– | 请和我一起欢迎焦点女性 |
[15:12] | Mrs. Phyllis Schlafly! | 菲莉丝·施拉夫利太太 |
[15:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:31] | Thank you, friends. | 谢谢你 朋友 |
[15:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:35] | Welcome to the ERA Follies of 1979! | 欢迎来到1979年《平权修正案》的时代讽刺剧现场 |
[15:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:47] | The libbers thought they had won a great victory | 女权主义者以为他们赢得了一场重大胜利 |
[15:51] | when they pressured Congress and the White House | 当他们给国会和白宫施压 |
[15:55] | to grab them a crooked extension | 迫使法案的批准时限 |
[15:59] | to the ratification deadline. | 得到不正当的延长 |
[16:01] | But as far as I am concerned, tonight is the night | 但据我所知 若按照原本的时间 |
[16:05] | on the original deadline | 今天晚上 |
[16:07] | that the ERA dies morally and constitutionally. | 就是《平权修正案》在道德和宪法上死亡的一晚 |
[16:14] | And we are here to dance on its grave. | 我们聚集于此 在它的坟头上跳舞 |
[16:24] | This has been a righteous battle, | 这是一场正义的战争 |
[16:28] | and like the battle for suffrage 50 years ago, | 和五十年前的选举权一样 |
[16:32] | it had to be fought and won by women. | 必须要由女性来奋斗并取胜 |
[16:41] | They say that women are like teabags. | 有人说女性就像茶包 |
[16:45] | You don’t know their strength | 你永远不知道她们的能力有多强 |
[16:47] | until they get into hot water. | 直到她们落入水深火热的境地 |
[16:50] | And, ladies, we sure did reach a boiling point. | 各位女士们 现在水已经沸了[事态最紧张时刻] |
[16:59] | But when we saw | 但当我们看到 |
[17:01] | that the devil was using one little word | 那些人企图在修正案中用”性”这一个小词 |
[17:04] | in that amendment–sex– to take away the rights of wives | 来达到险恶目的 剥夺妻子们的权利 |
[17:09] | and give them to the homosexuals and to the abortionists, | 转而交给同性恋和为人堕胎者 |
[17:12] | we knew we had to fight back, | 我们知道自己必须反抗 |
[17:14] | and we are winning, | 而且我们终将胜利 |
[17:16] | because we have God on our side. | 因为上帝站在我们这边 |
[17:22] | But tonight we celebrate not only | 但今晚 我们不仅是庆祝 |
[17:25] | the end of the ERA | 《平权修正案》的寿终正寝 |
[17:29] | but the end of an era. | 更是一个时代的落幕 |
[17:32] | We stand on a precipice, | 我们身处险境 |
[17:35] | giving birth to a new mighty movement, | 力图发起一场全新而伟大的运动 |
[17:38] | a movement that will lead America | 一场将带领着美国 |
[17:41] | back onto the right path, | 重回正轨的运动 |
[17:44] | and together, we can take our country back. | 只要同心协力 我们一定夺回美国 |
[17:58] | Now, my friends, I would now like to thank | 朋友们 我想对一位很特别的人 |
[18:00] | one very special person– | 致以诚挚的谢意 |
[18:02] | the person who has been with me since the beginning, | 他从最初的时候便同我并肩而立 |
[18:07] | a person who has saved me from the life of a working girl, | 他拯救我不遭受职业妇女的可怕生活 |
[18:11] | my coach, my cheerleader, | 我的导师 也是一直鼓励我的人 |
[18:15] | and my lover– my dear husband Fred, | 更是我的爱人 我最亲爱的丈夫 弗莱德 |
[18:19] | thank you for letting me come here tonight. | 谢谢你允许我出席今晚的聚会 |
[18:28] | I love to say that because it irritates the women’s libbers | 我喜欢这样说 因为这最让女权分子不痛快 |
[18:30] | more than anything that I say. | 比其他任何话都管用 |
[18:33] | Now those libbers love to ask me, | 那些女权分子总喜欢问我 |
[18:37] | “Who’s looking after your children?” | “那谁在照看你们的孩子呢” |
[18:40] | And I say, “I’ll show mine if you show me yours.” | 而我会说”先把你的孩子领出来 我再告诉你” |
[18:45] | So please give a hand to my life’s work– | 请大家给我毕生的骄傲们一些掌声 |
[18:48] | my six jewels, | 我的六位宝贝们 |
[18:50] | John, Bruce, Roger, Liza, Andy, Anne. | 约翰 布鲁斯 罗杰 莱莎 安迪 安 |
[18:58] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[19:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[19:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[19:12] | Did you get the crowd? | 人群照进去了吗 |
[19:13] | One more. Make like you’re singing. | 再来一张 摆出我们像在唱歌的姿势 |
[19:18] | Lose the book, Rosemary. | 放下那本书 萝丝玛丽 |
[19:23] | Do you like my Bella? Is she loud enough? | 你喜欢我选的贝拉吗 她够聒噪吗 |
[19:25] | She isn’t as loud as you think. | 她不如你想象的聒噪 |
[19:27] | She’s actually quite funny. | 她其实很有趣 |
[19:29] | I see you, uh, invited a few of Reagan’s people tonight– | 我看你…今晚还邀请了一些里根的人到场 |
[19:31] | – Orrin, Jerry, Jesse. – Oh, no, no, no. | -奥林 杰瑞 杰西 -不 不 不 |
[19:33] | Tonight’s not about politics. It’s about family. | 今晚的聚会无关政治 而是关于家庭 |
[19:37] | Well, I wouldn’t miss it. | 我绝不会错过 |
[19:38] | I pushed my flight to Iowa to be here. | 我推迟了去爱荷华的航班 就为了来这 |
[19:40] | If I can win there, I’m gonna rise out of the pack, | 要是我能在爱荷华胜出 我就能遥遥领先了 |
[19:42] | so I spend my days judging corn on the cob eating contests. | 所以我去给吃玉米大赛当裁判了 |
[19:47] | But you know what? Beats any day in the House. | 但你知道吗 比在众议院的任何一天都开心 |
[19:49] | I can’t get anything done | 只要蒂普·奥尼尔还是议长 |
[19:50] | while Tip O’Neill is speaker. | 我什么也做不了 |
[19:52] | Mark Twain said it best– “Suppose I am a thief, | 马克·吐温说过 “如果我是一个贼 |
[19:54] | and suppose I am a congressman, but I repeat myself.” | 或是一名国会议员 我怎么把话说两遍” |
[20:01] | You are gonna make me beg for your mailing list, aren’t you? | 你是打算让我求你 才肯给我邮件名单对吧 |
[20:06] | Well, suppose you were a thief. | 如果你是一个贼 |
[20:08] | Suppose you were a congressman. | 如果你是一名国会议员 |
[20:11] | Well, I wouldn’t mind, uh, Ambassador to the U. N. | 我倒是不介意 联合国大使 |
[20:14] | or, uh, Secretary of Defense. | 或者国防部长 |
[20:17] | I can’t think of a better way to stick a dagger | 我想不出一个更好的方法直戳 |
[20:19] | through the heart of women’s lib | 妇女解放运动痛处 |
[20:20] | than to nominate you to my Cabinet. | 除了提名你当我的内阁成员 |
[20:24] | What about the rumors? | 那外面的流言怎么办 |
[20:27] | What rumors? | 什么流言 |
[20:28] | Oh, Phil. Don’t make me say it. | 菲尔 别逼着我说出口 |
[20:33] | There are whispers of a ménage à trois. | 三角关系的传言 |
[20:38] | Kennedy had hundreds of women come to the White House, | 肯尼迪在白宫”会见”了几百名女性 |
[20:40] | and no one blinked. | 也没见人当回事 |
[20:41] | Yes, but Kennedy wasn’t running on family values. | 但肯尼迪不是以”传统家庭价值”的观点参选 |
[20:45] | I’m offended that you think Arlene would invite | 我有点生气 你居然认为艾琳会邀请 |
[20:48] | a girl into our bed who wasn’t from a good family. | 没教养的女孩随便上我们的床 |
[20:56] | When it comes to the shootout, I won’t waver on the issues… | 到了关键时刻 我不会对议题有所动摇 |
[21:01] | just like I never wavered on you. | 一如我对你的心从未动摇 |
[21:16] | When Betty Ford came out for the ERA, | 贝蒂·福特公开支持《平权修正案》时 |
[21:18] | I told Alyse, “Stop spending all my money | 我告诉艾丽斯 “别再浪费我的钱 |
[21:21] | running up the phone bill.” | 打电话了” |
[21:22] | And do you know what Phyllis said when I told her that? | 你知道我告诉菲莉丝后 她怎么说吗 |
[21:25] | She said, “Oh, no, we’re just going to fight harder,” | 她说 “不行 我们要更努力地斗争” |
[21:28] | and we did. We showed them. | 我们的确更努力了 我们让他们见识厉害了 |
[21:31] | She’s our miracle woman. | 她是我们的奇迹女神 |
[21:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:35] | You know, Phyllis is right. | 菲莉丝是对的 |
[21:38] | Easy. | 悠着点 |
[21:41] | It’s a party. | 这可是派对 |
[21:51] | We’ve come so far. | 我们取得了这么多成果 |
[21:56] | You know, sometimes I forget how to spell “Schlafly.” | 有时候我都忘了怎么写”施拉夫利”了 |
[22:01] | – Thank you. – There’s our Joan of Arc. | -谢谢 -瞧我们的圣女贞德 |
[22:03] | Doesn’t she work miracles? | 她真是奇迹的缔造者 |
[22:05] | Now this is my dear friend Alice, | 这是我亲爱的朋友爱丽丝 |
[22:06] | – who first told me– – Unless your husband’s a jerk, | -是她第一个告诉我… -除非你丈夫是个混蛋 |
[22:08] | and then you’re on your own. | 那你就只能靠自己了 |
[22:11] | Oh, I think someone’s had a bit too much celebration. | 我想某人似乎酒喝多了 |
[22:14] | Pamela needed your support. | 帕梅拉需要你的支持 |
[22:15] | Alice, this is really not the time– | 爱丽丝 现在不是说这个的时候… |
[22:16] | And the best you could do was tell her to manage it better. | 你却只能告诉她 她得再用心点经营婚姻 |
[22:19] | Why don’t you come with me to the ladies’ room? | 不如你跟我去洗手间聊吧 |
[22:21] | I don’t wanna go with you to the ladies’ room. | 我不想和你去洗手间 |
[22:24] | I wanna know why you said that to her. | 我想知道你为什么对她说这些话 |
[22:30] | Well, uh…Kevin may not be perfect, but he provides, | 也许凯文不完美 但他能养家 |
[22:33] | and she’s never had to work a day in her life. | 所以她这辈子一天班都没上过 |
[22:36] | Lucky her. | 她可真幸运 |
[22:37] | All right, I think people have heard enough. | 好了 大家都听够了 |
[22:38] | When did you get so mean? | 你怎么变得这么刻薄了 |
[22:42] | Now I thought of all people, you would be enjoying tonight, | 比起其他人 我以为你会最享受今晚 |
[22:45] | after all of our hard work. | 我们做了那么多努力 |
[22:46] | – Oh, don’t. – What? | -别来这套 -什么 |
[22:47] | – This is what you do. – Alice. | -你总是这样 -爱丽丝 |
[22:49] | – You change the subject… – People are looking at you. | -你岔开话题… -大家都在看你呢 |
[22:50] | …and you twist things up. | 你歪曲事实 |
[22:54] | Do you even care about me at all? | 你有一点点在乎过我吗 |
[22:58] | Now I did all of this for you. | 我做这一切都是为了你 |
[23:00] | You did all of this for me? | 这一切都是为了我 |
[23:01] | So you would not feel invisible. | 让你不再没有存在感 |
[23:02] | I have never felt more invisible | 我在你身边时 |
[23:04] | – than when I’m around you. – Mrs. Schlafly! | -才最没存在感 -施拉夫利太太 |
[23:05] | Mrs. Schlafly, we need to get you out of here. | 施拉夫利太太 我们得护送你出去 |
[23:07] | What? What’s going on? | 怎么了 发生什么了 |
[23:12] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[23:13] | please remain calm. | 请保持冷静 |
[23:15] | The ballroom will have to be evacuated immediately. | 舞厅需要进行紧急疏散 |
[23:30] | I heard it was a bomb. | 我听说有炸弹 |
[23:31] | I heard it was a bomb threat. | 我听说是炸弹威胁 |
[23:34] | Did they find anything? | 他们找到什么了吗 |
[23:37] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[23:46] | How come nobody’s talking to you? | 怎么没人和你聊天 |
[23:48] | Me? | 我吗 |
[23:51] | Ah, no. I’m nobody. | 我就是个无名小卒 |
[23:56] | Well…guess I’m nobody, too. | 那…我大概也是个无名小卒 |
[24:18] | I told, uh, John to take everyone back to the hotel. | 我让约翰送大家回酒店了 |
[24:22] | Did they find a bomb? | 找到炸弹了吗 |
[24:24] | Oh, it’s probably just a bunch of slobs | 大概就是一群笨蛋 |
[24:26] | and poor lib losers trying to ruin our fun. | 还有输不起的女权分子 想扫我们的兴 |
[24:28] | Oh, yeah. | 也是 |
[24:31] | Thank you for saving the flowers, though. | 谢谢你把花救出来了 |
[24:33] | A bomb threat? | 炸弹威胁 |
[24:36] | That’s really making it. | 真是厉害啊 |
[24:37] | I can’t tell you how many ladies have come up to me. | 我都数不清有多少女人来找过我了 |
[24:40] | They scrounged together every penny they could to come here. | 为了来这里 她们四处凑钱 |
[24:43] | Well, I believe they would walk | 我想为了你 |
[24:44] | to the ends of the earth for you. | 她们赴汤蹈火都愿意 |
[24:45] | Oh, now… | 好吧 |
[24:47] | We couldn’t take off without asking you | 我们在出发前不得不问你一句 |
[24:49] | if Ron could count on your support. | 罗恩能够指望你的支持吗 |
[24:53] | Well…there are a lot of attractive candidates. | 有吸引力的候选人很多 |
[24:56] | Crane. Connolly. | 克莱恩 康诺利 |
[24:58] | They can’t beat Carter. | 他们没法打败卡特 |
[25:00] | The economy’s in the toilet. Voters are craving | 经济萎靡不振 选民们都在盼望 |
[25:02] | an antiestablishment outsider like Reagan. | 一位像里根那样反建制的局外人 |
[25:04] | Yes, but Ron did make some mistakes four years ago | 对 但罗恩四年前确实犯了一些错误 |
[25:07] | not fighting for delegates in northern states. | 没有为北部各州的代表斗争 |
[25:09] | He’s learned. | 他得到教训了 |
[25:10] | He’s going to be making a lot more in-person appearances. | 他会亲自出席更多活动 |
[25:13] | It helps connect him to the voters. | 这有助于他与选民建立联系 |
[25:14] | He comes across as warm and optimistic. | 他会展现热情乐观的形象 |
[25:17] | Nancy suggested it. | 这是南茜建议的 |
[25:18] | Nancy or her astrologer? | 是南茜还是她的占星师 |
[25:21] | You’re not worried about his age? | 你不担心他的年龄吗 |
[25:22] | Almost 70–that’s pretty old. I don’t know. | 都快七十了 很老了 我说不好 |
[25:25] | Well, he’s no Margaret Thatcher, | 好吧 他比不上玛格丽特·撒切尔 |
[25:25] | 前英国首相 1979年-1990年在任 离任时65岁 | |
[25:26] | but we get him in blue jeans and a cowboy hat chopping wood, | 但我们让他穿着蓝色牛仔裤 戴着牛仔帽砍柴 |
[25:30] | it’ll make Carter look like an old lady. | 就会让卡特显得像个老妇人 |
[25:33] | I think we’ll wait until we see how he does | 我觉得我们还是先静观其变 |
[25:35] | in Iowa and New Hampshire. | 看他在爱荷华州和新罕布什尔州的表现吧 |
[25:37] | Don’t wait too long. | 别等太久了 |
[25:38] | Ron rewards those who are loyal early on. | 罗恩会报答那些初期就对他忠诚的人 |
[25:42] | You know what? I don’t think we need to wait for a straw poll | 我觉得我们不用等一个非正式民调 |
[25:45] | to tell us that, uh, Ron’s a winner. | 来告诉我们罗恩是赢家 |
[25:48] | You–You’ll have our support. | 我们会支持你们的 |
[25:50] | Just, I think he needs a catchy slogan. | 只不过我觉得他需要一句朗朗上口的口号 |
[25:52] | “Together, a new beginning” doesn’t get me out of bed. | “共同迈向新起点”没法把我从床上叫起来 |
[25:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:13] | Did you see he blew Audrey and me a kiss | 你看见他隔着椭圆形办公室 |
[26:15] | across the Oval Office? We didn’t even vote for him. | 向我和奥黛丽飞吻了吗 我们甚至没给他投票 |
[26:18] | He was in a very good mood. | 他心情非常好 |
[26:20] | He said he wouldn’t stop until the ERA was– | 他说他不会罢休 除非ERA被… |
[26:23] | – What was the word he used? – “Enshrined.” | -他用的是哪个词来着 -“尊奉” |
[26:25] | Yeah, “enshrined.” I thought a little much, | 对 “尊奉” 我觉得有点过了 |
[26:27] | but “enshrined in the Constitution,” we’ll see. | 但”载入宪法”还是可以期待的 |
[26:29] | It felt like a big step forward. | 感觉像是前进了一大步 |
[26:31] | We should ask Rosalynn Carter to put in a few calls | 我们得请罗萨琳·卡特赶在ERA投票前 |
[26:33] | to state senators in Florida | 给佛罗里达州的参议员们 |
[26:35] | right before they vote on the ERA. She got us Indiana. | 打几个电话 她帮我们拿下了印第安纳州 |
[26:37] | Excuse me. Mrs. Abzug? | 打扰一下 艾布扎格太太 |
[26:44] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[26:46] | Just a note from one of Carter’s Georgia boys. | 只是卡特手下的一个小子送来的字条 |
[26:50] | Fired? | 辞退 |
[26:51] | The president has decided to replace you. | 总统决定把你换掉 |
[26:54] | What do you mean? We just had a good meeting. | 你说什么 我们之前的谈话很顺利 |
[26:56] | Which you canceled at the last minute | 而你在最后一刻取消了 |
[26:57] | and then demanded that the president reschedule, | 然后要求总统重新约时间 |
[27:00] | and then to shout at him– | 然后还对他吼 |
[27:01] | – I never shouted. – as you just did. | -我从来没有吼 -就像你刚才那样 |
[27:03] | I spoke with feeling. | 我带着情绪说话而已 |
[27:04] | A friend at the Labor Department | 劳工部的一位朋友 |
[27:06] | also brought this press release to our attention. | 还让我们看了这篇新闻稿 |
[27:08] | That was never issued to the media. | 这个从来没有发给媒体 |
[27:10] | And how would that have looked? | 这看起来像什么 |
[27:13] | Like disloyalty. | 像不忠诚 |
[27:15] | McGovern compares Carter to Nixon | 麦戈文在《哈珀杂志》拿卡特 |
[27:17] | in “Harper’s Magazine,” and you all turn the other cheek. | 跟尼克松对比 你们都睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[27:19] | George is a senator. | 乔治是个参议员 |
[27:21] | You were appointed by the president | 你是由总统委任 |
[27:23] | to run his commission on women’s issues. | 管理他的女性议题委员会 |
[27:25] | And I’m not about to sit around smiling | 他除了夸夸其谈什么也没干 |
[27:28] | while he does nothing but pay lip service. | 我不会坐在那儿保持微笑 |
[27:30] | We can’t have the president getting jerked around | 我们不能让总统被一帮女性 |
[27:32] | by a bunch of women. | 指手划脚 |
[27:34] | Makes him look weak. | 这样显得他很软弱 |
[27:35] | You’ve been gunning for me ever since you pushed Mitch out. | 你自从把米奇挤出去后就一直针对我 |
[27:40] | Does the president know about this? | 总统知道这事吗 |
[27:42] | He approved it this morning. | 他今早同意了 |
[27:52] | Before we met with him? | 在我们见他之前吗 |
[28:02] | Give me time to… | 给我点时间 |
[28:05] | handle my departure quietly. | 低调处理我的离任 |
[28:09] | I don’t want a fuss. | 我不想闹大 |
[28:12] | My husband’s recovering from a heart attack. | 我丈夫心脏病发 正在恢复 |
[28:14] | He doesn’t need any stress. | 我不想让他有压力 |
[28:15] | Well, if you’re having personal problems, | 如果你有私人麻烦 |
[28:18] | you shouldn’t be heading a committee anyway. | 就更不该领导委员会了 |
[28:20] | Please. | 拜托 |
[28:24] | Let me resign. | 让我辞职 |
[28:28] | We might have already mentioned it to Ed Walsh | 我们可能已经把这事告诉了《时代周刊》的 |
[28:31] | and Terry Smith at the “Times.” | 艾德·沃什和泰瑞·史密斯 |
[29:16] | Let’s get you home. | 我送你回家吧 |
[29:20] | “Dear President Carter…” Stop. | “亲爱的卡特总统” 句号 |
[29:23] | “We have never seen eye to eye.” Stop. | “我们从未意见一致” 句号 |
[29:27] | “I would never have surrendered the Canal zone | “我绝永远不会放弃巴拿马运河区 |
[29:30] | “or canceled production of the B-1 bomber, | 或者停产B1轰炸机 |
[29:32] | “but your decision to fire Bella Abzug | 不过我非常支持你 |
[29:35] | is finally one I can support.” | 解雇贝拉·艾布扎格” |
[29:39] | Would you read that back to my secretary? Thank you so much. | 你能帮我再跟我的秘书读一遍吗 谢谢了 |
[29:41] | It’s Western Union. | 是《西联电报》 |
[29:44] | Hello? | 您好 |
[29:48] | What are those? | 那是什么 |
[29:51] | These are called floppy disks. | 这叫软盘 |
[29:54] | I was able to transfer my entire mailing list | 我就可以把整个邮寄名单 |
[29:56] | from the computer onto these. | 从电脑导到这些上面 |
[29:59] | Before you hand those over to Governor Reagan, | 在你把那些交给里根州长之前 |
[30:01] | you should ask that he be very clear at the convention. | 你应该要求他在大会上清楚表态 |
[30:04] | I don’t wanna say he abandoned us | 我不想说76年他在 |
[30:06] | on the ERA issue in ’76, but… | ERA议题上抛弃了我们 但… |
[30:10] | we felt abandoned. | 我们确实觉得被抛弃了 |
[30:11] | It’s not personal, Rosemary. It’s politics. | 别带私人情绪 萝丝玛丽 这是政治 |
[30:35] | Hello, Marion? | 你好 玛丽恩 |
[30:36] | Yes, it’s Phyllis Schlafly. | 对 我是菲莉丝·施拉夫利 |
[30:38] | I’m calling to talk to you about, uh, supporting | 我打电话是想跟你谈谈支持 |
[30:40] | Governor Reagan’s campaign. | 里根州长竞选的事 |
[30:58] | Oh, I only asked for Carmen. | 我只要见卡门 |
[31:00] | The rest of y’all can go. | 你们其他人可以走了 |
[31:06] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[31:10] | All right. In this country, we like to pride ourselves | 好了 在这个国家 我们很自豪 |
[31:13] | on peaceful transfers of power, | 能够平和地移交权力 |
[31:15] | so, Carmen, we will be holding a press conference to announce | 所以卡门 我们会召开一场新闻发布会宣布 |
[31:18] | you are officially the new presiding officer of the commission | 你正式成为新任委员会会议主席 |
[31:21] | effectively immediately. | 即刻生效 |
[31:25] | With respect to the president and committee… | 无意冒犯总统和委员会 |
[31:30] | I resign. | 我辞职 |
[31:36] | Jill, you seem to be the only professional in the room. | 吉尔 你似乎是房间里唯一的专业人士 |
[31:39] | We’re gonna– | 我们要 |
[31:40] | I refuse to serve on a commission | 我拒绝效力于一个 |
[31:42] | on which Bella Abzug is not presiding. | 没有贝拉·艾布扎格领导的委员会 |
[31:46] | I resign. | 我辞职 |
[31:50] | You can’t both resign. | 你们两个不能都辞职 |
[31:52] | Like I haven’t quit the White House before. | 说得像我以前没从白宫辞过职一样 |
[32:02] | I resign. | 我辞职 |
[32:06] | I resign. | 我辞职 |
[32:10] | I resign. | 我辞职 |
[32:14] | I resign. | 我辞职 |
[32:28] | – This your doing? – I made some phone calls. | -这是你干的吗 -我打了几通电话 |
[32:35] | We are the ones that are going to have a press conference. | 要召开新闻发布会的是我们 |
[32:38] | We are going to tell the American people | 我们要告诉美国人民 |
[32:39] | how disappointed we are with the president’s stand | 对于总统在女性议题上的立场 |
[32:41] | on women’s issues. | 我们有多失望 |
[32:44] | He is going to have to do something for us | 他必须得为我们做些什么 |
[32:46] | to get us to vote for him. | 我们才会投票给他 |
[32:49] | We’re no longer a captive audience. | 我们不再是受制的观众 |
[33:14] | It was a show of solidarity. | 这是团结的表现 |
[33:16] | Representatives of some | 这个国家 |
[33:17] | of the most powerful women’s organizations in the country | 最有影响力的几个妇女组织的代表们 |
[33:20] | said they were going to resign in support of Bella Abzug– | 表示她们将辞职 以支持贝拉·艾布扎格 |
[33:23] | officers of the National Organization of Women, | 来自全国妇女组织 |
[33:26] | the National Organization | 全国企业与职业 |
[33:27] | of Business and Professional Women, | 妇女组织 |
[33:29] | and the League of Women Voters. | 妇女选举人联盟的官员们 |
[33:31] | They had met at length with President Carter yesterday | 她们昨日与卡特总统进行了深入对话 |
[33:33] | to present their position on the issues. | 表达了她们在这些议题上的立场 |
[33:35] | Today, they felt deceived. | 今天 她们感觉被欺骗了 |
[33:38] | The president’s response | 总统的回应 |
[33:39] | was not to the issues we brought to him | 不是有关我们提出的议题 |
[33:41] | but rather to use our co-chair, Bella Abzug, | 而是利用了我们的联合主席 贝拉·艾布扎格 |
[33:45] | as a scapegoat in an effort to suppress our independence. | 作为替罪羊 试图压制我们独立 |
[34:13] | I’m heading out. | 我要走了 |
[34:15] | Mmm. Maybe not. | 或许等会儿走 |
[34:18] | You should publish all your recipes. | 你该发表你的所有菜谱 |
[34:20] | Where? | 发表到哪 |
[34:21] | In a cookbook. | 在烹饪书上啊 |
[34:23] | Well, I can do a whole chapter | 我能用一章来写 |
[34:24] | on ERA breads and pies. | 《平权修正案》面包和派 |
[34:28] | – Bye, Leonia. – Bye! | -再见 莉奥妮娅 -再见 |
[34:30] | It’s just Anne and your mother for dinner tonight? | 今晚只有安和你母亲吃晚饭吗 |
[34:33] | – That’s right. – When is Anne getting home? | -是的 -安什么时候回家 |
[34:36] | She’s not home yet? | 她还没回家吗 |
[34:41] | Anne’s not back from school. | 安还没从学校回来 |
[34:44] | Oh, she must have missed the bus again. | 她肯定又错过公交车了 |
[34:46] | Reagan just took the lead over Anderson. | 里根刚领先了安德森 |
[34:48] | Oh, shoot. Fred and I are supposed to leave momentarily. | 糟糕 弗莱德和我要赶紧走了 |
[34:50] | I can’t be late. I don’t know. | 我不能迟到 我不知道 |
[34:52] | Mother, maybe, uh, you could pick Anne up? | 母亲 或许 你能接一下安吗 |
[34:55] | I-I suppose I could. | 我 我觉得可以吧 |
[34:57] | Well, she can’t drive to St. Louis now. | 她不能现在开车去圣路易斯 |
[34:58] | It’s getting dark. | 天要黑了 |
[34:59] | Well, I don’t have anyone to pick her up. | 我腾不出人手去接她 |
[35:02] | Well, you’ll sort it out. | 你能搞定的 |
[35:03] | Ron called me himself to ask for my help. | 罗恩亲自打电话请我去帮忙 |
[35:06] | He’s gonna wanna thank me personally. | 他肯定会想亲自感谢我 |
[35:08] | No, don’t– Don’t take off your coat. | 不 别 别脱大衣 |
[35:10] | – Willie? – Yes? | -薇莉 -在 |
[35:11] | I’m going to need you to drive into St. Louis | 我需要你开车去圣路易斯 |
[35:12] | and pick Anne up. We’re gonna have to go. | 接一下安 我们得走了 |
[35:14] | Fred, let’s go. | 弗莱德 走吧 |
[35:15] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Schlafly. I can’t tonight. | 对不起 施拉夫利太太 我今晚不行 |
[35:17] | I have to pick up my daughter. | 我得接我女儿 |
[35:18] | I’ll make it up to you, Willie. | 我会补钱给你 薇莉 |
[35:21] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:23] | I’m not gonna miss this event. | 我不能错过这次活动 |
[35:27] | I’ll make other arrangements. | 我会另作安排 |
[35:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:31] | Anne. Why didn’t you call? I would have gotten you. | 安 你怎么不打电话 我可以去接你的 |
[35:35] | Well, all the lines were busy. I called Mrs. Macray. | 所有电话都占线 我打给了麦克雷太太 |
[35:39] | She’s here? | 她来这了吗 |
[35:40] | Yeah, she just dropped me off. | 对 她刚接我回来 |
[35:43] | Fred? I’ll meet you in the car! | 弗莱德 我在车里等你 |
[35:50] | Alice! | 爱丽丝 |
[35:54] | – Oh, thank you so much. – Oh, it really was no problem. | -太谢谢你了 -真的别客气 |
[35:56] | Yes. Well…thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[36:00] | You’re wearing a suit? | 你穿的是套装吗 |
[36:01] | Yes, I had just gotten home from the office… | 是的 我刚从办公室往家走 |
[36:03] | …when Anne called. | 安给我打电话时 |
[36:04] | – What office? – I got a job. | -什么办公室 -我找了份工作 |
[36:08] | – A job? – As a 4-1-1 operator. | -工作 -电话查询台接线员 |
[36:11] | Did–Did Buck… | 那巴克 |
[36:12] | Oh, no. Buck just laughs. I’m averaging 500 calls a day, | 不 巴克乐着呢 我平均一天打五百个电话 |
[36:16] | and he doesn’t have to pay for any of them. | 他还一毛钱都不用花 |
[36:18] | And now that the kids are mostly grown, I just… | 现在孩子们差不多都长大了 我只是 |
[36:22] | And I like not having to ask him for pin money. | 我不想再管他要零用钱了 |
[36:25] | It’s empowering. | 获得自主权 |
[36:28] | You used to feel empowered by me. | 你以前觉得我给你力量 |
[36:33] | I used to feel scared. | 我以前很害怕 |
[36:54] | Her daughter was stranded at school. | 她女儿在学校回不来她还想着出门 |
[37:01] | She has been working seven years for this moment. | 她为这一刻努力了七年 |
[37:04] | I have been working for 50 years to take our country back. | 我为夺回我们的国家努力了50年 |
[37:07] | She was in saddle shoes when F. D. R. gave his New Deal speech. | 在罗斯福发表新政演讲时 她还穿着马鞍靴呢 |
[37:11] | Yeah. When you look at all she has accomplished, | 不错 但看看她现在所获得的成就 |
[37:16] | there can only be one explanation for it. | 对此只有一个合理的解释 |
[37:19] | She was anointed by God. | 她是上帝的受膏者 |
[37:31] | …Democrats, Republicans, and Independents | 民主党人 共和党人和无党派人士 |
[37:34] | have streamed to the polls to vote in the biggest and, | 纷纷涌向投票站 为最大型 |
[37:37] | so far, the most important presidential primary election… | 也是目前为止最重要的总统初选投票 |
[37:39] | Think he might go all the way. | 他可能会一路走下去 |
[37:40] | I heard a disturbing rumor | 我听到一条烦人的谣言 |
[37:42] | that he’s considering picking Bush. | 说他可能会选择布什 |
[37:44] | He wouldn’t dare. | 他不敢的 |
[37:45] | It would be a stab in the back. | 那真是背后一刀了 |
[37:47] | It’ll send our people back into the churches. | 这会把我们的人送回教堂的 |
[37:49] | He’s too moderate. | 他太温和了 |
[37:51] | Look, I don’t expect to pull in more than 2% tonight, | 我想今晚的票数会增加不到2% |
[37:54] | but people have been asking if I’d like to be his running mate. | 大家都在问我想不想当他的竞选伙伴 |
[37:58] | Ron’s people are asking? | 罗恩的人问你 |
[38:00] | No, no, reporters. | 不 是记者 |
[38:02] | And I tell them that | 我告诉他们 |
[38:03] | Reagan is the only one that I feel comfortable with. | 我只想当里根的竞选伙伴 |
[38:08] | Maybe, uh, maybe you can mention that to him. | 也许 你可以在他面前提一下 |
[38:12] | You must be Phyllis Schlafly. | 你一定就是菲莉丝·施拉夫利 |
[38:15] | We have not had the pleasure officially. | 我们还没有正式见过面 |
[38:16] | I’m Roger Stone. This is Paul Manafort. | 我是罗杰·斯通 这位是保罗·马纳福特 |
[38:18] | Yes. What a pleasure to meet you both. | 很高兴能见到你们两位 |
[38:21] | I heard you just formed a political consulting firm with Charlie. | 我听说你们和查理新开了一家政治咨询公司 |
[38:25] | Young Republicans – they’re gonna take over D. C. | 年轻的共和党员啊 他们很快就要接管华府了 |
[38:28] | I’m Mr. Phyllis Schlafly. | 我是菲莉丝·施拉夫利的丈夫 |
[38:32] | You wouldn’t mind if we stole her for a bit. | 你不介意我们占用一会她的时间吧 |
[38:34] | Ron wanted to discuss strategy for the platform hearings. | 罗恩想商讨一下党纲听证会上用到的策略 |
[38:37] | By all means. | 请便 |
[38:42] | She’s doing God’s work. | 她正在完成上帝的使命 |
[38:46] | Good evening, Congressman. | 晚上好 众议员 |
[38:48] | Thank you for your service. | 感谢你们对国家的贡献 |
[39:06] | Welcome to those of you who have just joined our coverage | 欢迎各位观众收看我们的报道 |
[39:06] | 1980年 选举之夜 | |
[39:08] | of this, uh, quite remarkable election. | 这场非常精彩的选举 |
[39:13] | It is, in truth, | 的确 |
[39:14] | a Reagan Republican landslide sweeping across this nation tonight. | 今晚 里根共和党以压倒式优势横扫全国 |
[39:19] | A Reagan landslide, ladies and gentlemen. | 里根以压倒式优势获胜 女士们先生们 |
[39:30] | Looks to me as if the modern liberal era is over. | 在我看来 现代自由主义时代似乎已经结束了 |
[39:34] | The people of the United States have made their choice. | 美利坚合众国的人民们已经做出了选择 |
[39:38] | And, of course, I accept that decision. | 当然 我也接受他们的决定 |
[39:43] | Here we are. | 我们赢了 |
[39:46] | About 22 seats in the House… | 关于众议院的22个席位 |
[39:47] | 里根组织过渡小组 计划改组内阁 | |
[39:48] | …and looking at the governors races, | 看看州长竞选 |
[39:50] | the Republicans had expected | 共和党员们期望 |
[39:51] | that they would be able to pick up two states… | 他们能够拿下两个州 |
[39:52] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[39:54] | Bella Abzug is on the line. | 贝拉·艾布扎格打电话来了 |
[39:55] | Let’s see what they have. We have projection now. | 让我们看看他们的报道 现在预测出来了 |
[39:57] | NBC News projecting Washington state, | NBC新闻预测华盛顿州 |
[40:00] | the Republican, John Spellman… | 共和党人 约翰·斯佩尔曼… |
[40:01] | – Bella. – Congratulations, you. | -贝拉 -恭喜你了 |
[40:04] | I can still say I have friends in high places. | 我还能跟别人说我在高层有朋友 |
[40:07] | Well, for two years, at least. | 至少还能这么说两年吧 |
[40:10] | I don’t know if I’m going to run again. | 我不知道我是否要再竞选一次 |
[40:12] | You lasted longer than me. | 你比我坚持得长 |
[40:14] | I couldn’t get elected President | 我都没选上哈大沙组织 |
[40:16] | of the Bronx chapter of Hadassah. | 布朗克斯地区分会的主席 |
[40:21] | There’s no room for us here now. | 现在这里没有我们的位置了 |
[40:23] | Reagan in the White House, | 里根入住白宫 |
[40:24] | if the economy picks up, he’ll take credit for it. | 如果经济复苏 大家都会当是他的功劳 |
[40:27] | He’s charismatic. It’s going to turn back 50 years | 他很有魅力 这会让这个国家的 |
[40:30] | of human progress in this country. | 人类进步倒退五十年 |
[40:35] | I appreciate the call, Bella. | 谢谢你来电 贝拉 |
[40:38] | Hold the door for the next bunch. | 为下一代人开门吧 |
[40:54] | Where do we go from here? | 今后我们该怎么办呢 |
[40:59] | This might be the right time for Liz and Egee | 现在正是丽兹和艾格给我们 |
[41:02] | to give us grandchildren. | 生个孙子的好时候 |
[41:07] | Earlier… | 早些时候 |
[41:08] | Or… | 或者 |
[41:10] | we could go to the Amalfi Coast. | 我们可以去阿马尔菲海岸 |
[41:12] | I’ve spoken and talked to President Carter. | 我已经和卡特总统谈过了 |
[41:15] | He called. John Anderson called, and the president… | 他打来电话 约翰·安德森打来电话 总统… |
[41:21] | I thought it was you. | 我就知道是你 |
[41:24] | I don’t know why you always hide behind a magazine. | 我不知道你为什么总是躲在杂志后面 |
[41:27] | No one thinks that you were born with those highlights. | 谁都知道你不是天生就有这些挑染金发 |
[41:31] | Your hair looks lovely. | 你的头发看起来很漂亮 |
[41:33] | Well, it’ll be ruined by tomorrow | 明天就完蛋了 |
[41:34] | because I forgot I had that run. | 因为我忘了我还得跑步 |
[41:38] | What run? | 什么跑步 |
[41:39] | The breakfast run | 晨跑 |
[41:41] | for the Equal Rights Amendment out in the Hamptons. | 为了《平权修正案》能在汉普顿颁布 |
[41:44] | Gail and I have organized it to raise money for ERAmerica, | 我和盖尔组织的 为了给《平权修正案》筹钱 |
[41:48] | and we’ve enlisted all of these celebrities to run. | 我们已经征集了许多名人参加 |
[41:50] | We’ve got Paul Newman. We’ve got Lucie Arnaz. | 我们有保罗·纽曼 有露西·阿纳兹 |
[41:53] | We’ve got Carl Reiner. | 还有卡尔·雷纳 |
[41:55] | A 5-mile run? | 5英里跑 |
[41:56] | 2 miles because I run a 16-minute mile. | 2英里 因为我只能跑16分钟 |
[41:59] | So it’s not a run, Betty. It’s a walk. | 那不叫跑步 贝蒂 这是散步 |
[42:03] | Oh, the things I do for this movement. | 我愿为这次运动做的牺牲 |
[42:08] | It’s terrible, what happened to Bella. | 贝拉的事太令人难过了 |
[42:12] | We’ve had our differences of opinion, | 我们意见是有分歧 |
[42:14] | but she deserved better. | 但她不该落得这种下场 |
[42:16] | And the worst part is she fought so hard to get women | 最糟糕的是她如此拼命 为了让女人 |
[42:18] | appointed to Cabinet positions, | 能被任命为内阁成员 |
[42:20] | and now it’s going to be Phyllis Schlafly instead of her? | 现在入选的却是菲莉丝·施拉夫利而不是她 |
[42:24] | God forbid. | 但愿别这样吧 |
[42:25] | It was a mistake for you to refuse to appear with her. | 你拒绝和她一起上镜是个错误 |
[42:29] | I mean, she got to say anything she wanted | 她可以肆意谈论 |
[42:31] | on Donahue, Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas. | 多纳休 梅尔夫·格里芬 迈克·道格拉斯的事 |
[42:34] | You know, you think Zsa Zsa Gabor was gonna correct her? | 你以为莎莎·嘉宝会纠正她说的话吗 |
[42:38] | She’s going to have the last word. | 她会掌握最终话语权 |
[42:41] | She’s not going to have the last word. | 她绝不会掌握最终话语权 |
[42:51] | The tide is turning against us in Washington. | 华盛顿的形势对我们不利 |
[42:56] | Our movement didn’t start in Washington. | 我们的运动不是从华盛顿开始 |
[43:00] | It’s not gonna be stopped by it. | 也不会被其阻挡 |
[43:17] | I have stood alongside the greatest women of my generation. | 我曾与我的时代里最伟大的女性并肩而战 |
[43:22] | Still, today, we select our leaders first by eliminating women, | 然而今天 我们选择领袖时仍从排除女性开始 |
[43:28] | then minorities, | 然后排除少数群体 |
[43:29] | then those with too little education. | 然后是那些没怎么受过教育的人 |
[43:33] | Changing this will take a very long time. | 改变这一点需要很长时间 |
[43:37] | But after all, we are dealing with 10,000 years | 但毕竟 我们对抗的是持续了一万年的 |
[43:40] | of patriarchy and racism, | 父权制度和种族歧视 |
[43:43] | but we must continue to move forward in waves. | 但我们必须继续勇往直前 |
[43:46] | What will keep us going is the revelation of what we can be, | 支持我们走下去的是我们无限可能的未来 |
[43:50] | what the people around us can be | 当我们没有被禁锢在 |
[43:52] | without the crippling walls and prisons | 高墙和监狱中时 |
[43:54] | into which we have been forced. | 人们会有怎样的潜力 |
[43:59] | We are just beginning to discover– | 我们才刚开始发掘 |
[44:01] | each of us–who we can be, | 我们每一个人…能成为怎样的人 |
[44:05] | and no matter how long this revolution may take, | 不管这场革命需要多久 |
[44:09] | there can be no turning back. | 我们没有回头路 |
[44:36] | Schlafly residence. | 施拉夫利的家 |
[44:42] | I’ll go get her. | 我去找她 |
[44:50] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[45:18] | Congratulations, Mr. President-elect. | 恭喜您 当选总统先生 |
[45:21] | Well, thank you, Phyllis. How are you doing? | 谢谢你 菲莉丝 你好吗 |
[45:24] | Oh, I’m very well, sir. And–And yourself? | 我很好 先生 您呢 |
[45:27] | I hear, uh, there’s been a bit of a cold snap, | 我听说这周末 |
[45:30] | uh, in Washington, D. C., over the weekend. | 特区会有寒潮 |
[45:32] | Then it’s a good thing I’m still at the ranch. | 那幸好我还在农场 |
[45:34] | Uh, we still have a few more weeks of the, uh, peanut farmer. | 我们还要做几周的花生农 |
[45:39] | Oh, oh, no. Yes, of course. | 不 当然了 |
[45:42] | I suppose I’m just… | 我想我只是 |
[45:44] | very keen to get to work, sir. | 很想赶紧开始工作 先生 |
[45:46] | Which is why I’m calling. | 所以我才打电话来 |
[45:48] | Uh, your coalition carried me across the finish line. | 你的联盟带着我冲过了终点线 |
[45:53] | Your list was invaluable. | 你的名单太宝贵了 |
[45:56] | Uh, but Jim tells me that overall | 但是吉姆告诉我总体上来说 |
[45:58] | I didn’t do so well with the ladies. | 我在女性选民中得票率不高 |
[46:01] | Seems I have a woman problem. | 看来我的女人缘不怎么样 |
[46:06] | It isn’t that you don’t deserve it. | 我不是说你不值得嘉奖 |
[46:09] | I just, uh, can’t afford to upset the pro-ERA groups. | 只是我惹不起支持ERA的组织 |
[46:15] | You fought an important battle, | 你打了一场至关重要的战斗 |
[46:17] | but sometimes the battle follows us home. | 但有时候 战斗会跟着我们回家 |
[46:21] | I respect you a great deal, Phyllis, | 我很尊重你 菲莉丝 |
[46:24] | and that is why I wanted to call to say thank you. | 所以我想打电话来谢谢你 |
[46:29] | Take care. | 保重 |
[46:56] | You were robbed. | 你被抢劫了 |
[46:59] | You deserved a Cabinet post. | 你值得一个内阁位置 |
[47:16] | Shall we have dinner? | 吃晚饭吗 |
[47:26] | It’s at 6. | 6点开饭 |
[47:30] | It’s always at 6. | 总是6点 |
[48:05] | 雷恩速溶脱脂牛奶粉 饮用 烹饪 烘焙 | |
[49:38] | 里根任命珍妮·科帕特里克为美国首位女性驻联合国大使 她是其反共外交政策的主要制定人之一 她支持《平权修正案》 | |
[49:51] | 菲莉丝余生致力于推崇”支持家庭”政策 写书和管理鹰论坛 | |
[49:56] | 她最后一本书在她去世后一天出版 书名为《特朗普的保守派观点》 | |
[50:13] | 拒绝ERA ERA 婴儿也要平等权利 | |
[50:33] | 妇女运动领袖继续为争取性别平权而努力 但是再也没有逾越过70年代初的政治影响力巅峰 | |
[51:37] | 我们的孩子们在看着 支持ERA |