英文名称:Much Ado About Nothing
年代:1993
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:48] | Sing no more ditties | 别再低声吟唱 |
[01:51] | More,more,more! | 要 要 要! |
[01:55] | Sing no more | 别再唱得 |
[01:59] | Of dumps | 忧郁 |
[02:01] | so dull and heavy | 如此乏味无趣 |
[02:08] | The fraud of men | 男子们 |
[02:11] | was ever so | 总是薄情寡意 |
[02:16] | Since summer first | 夏天一到 |
[02:20] | was leafy | 满树绿叶 不足为奇 |
[02:24] | Then sigh not so | 所以 不必如此悲泣 |
[02:27] | but let them go | 他们要离去 尽管离去 |
[02:30] | And be you blithe | 你们从此拥有愉悦 |
[02:34] | and bonny | 绽放美丽 |
[02:37] | Converting all | 抛弃一切 |
[02:39] | your sounds of woe | 忧伤的记忆 |
[02:43] | Into Hey | 哦 欢唱 嗨 |
[02:45] | “nonny,nonny!” | “诺尼 诺尼!” |
[03:01] | My lord. | 老爷 |
[03:08] | I learn in this letter… | 我从这封信得知… |
[03:10] | …that Don Pedro of Aragon… | 阿拉贡的唐·佩德罗… |
[03:14] | …comes this night to Messina! | 今晚到达墨西拿! |
[03:20] | He is very near by this. | 他离这很近了 |
[03:22] | He was not three leagues off when I left him. | 我跟他分手的时候 他离这儿才不过三里格 |
[03:24] | How many gentlemen have you lost in this action? | 你们在这次战斗中失去了多少勇士? |
[03:27] | But few of any sort,and none of name. | 没多少 都是小兵 |
[03:30] | I find here that Don Pedro hath bestowed… | 我从这得知唐·佩德罗赠与… |
[03:33] | …much honor on a young Florentine called Claudio. | 一个年轻的佛罗伦萨人莫大的荣誉 他叫克罗迪奥 |
[03:40] | He hath borne himself beyond the promise of his age… | 他的表现超出他的年龄所及… |
[03:43] | …doing,in the figure of a lamb,the feats of a lion. | 看上去像一头羔羊 上战场来却像一头狮子 |
[03:47] | Is Signior Mountanto returned from the wars or no? | “摆架式”先生从战争中归来了吗? |
[03:51] | I know none of that name,lady. | 我不知道那个名字 小姐 |
[03:53] | My cousin means Signior Benedick of Padua. | 我表姐是指帕多瓦的班尼迪克先生 |
[03:57] | He’s returned and as pleasant as ever he was. | 他也回来了 仍旧是那么爱打趣的 |
[03:59] | I pray you,how many hath he killed and eaten in these wars? | 请问你 他在这次战事中杀了多少人?吃了多少人? |
[04:04] | But how many hath he killed? | 你还是先告诉我 他杀了多少人? |
[04:05] | For indeed I promised to eat all of his killing. | 我曾发誓吃下他杀的所有人 |
[04:09] | He hath done good service and a good soldier too,lady. | 他这次立下大功劳 而且他也是个好军人 小姐 |
[04:12] | And a good soldier to a lady. | 对一位小姐来说是好军人 |
[04:15] | But what is he to a lord? | 对一位君主来说是什么呢? |
[04:17] | A lord to a lord. | 对君主来说是一位贵族 |
[04:19] | A man to a man,stuffed with all honorable virtues. | 在男儿们前还是男子汉 英勇可敬 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1508个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:336个,六级词汇:155个,GRE词汇:252个,托福词汇:259个,考研词汇:361个,专四词汇:311个,专八词汇:108个, 所有生词标注共:734个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:22] | It is so,indeed. | 事实是这样的 |
[04:24] | He is no less than a stuffed man. | 他只是个大饭桶 |
[04:27] | You must not,sir,mistake my niece. | 你千万别 先生 误解我的侄女 |
[04:29] | There is a kind of merry war betwixt Signior Benedick and her. | 她和班尼迪克先生之间有过愉快的斗争 |
[04:34] | They never meet but there’s a skirmish of wit between them. | 他们从没见过面 但有过才智的冲突 |
[04:38] | Who is his companion now? | 他现在的同伴是谁? |
[04:40] | He hath every month a new sworn brother. | 他每隔一个月就有一个结拜兄弟 |
[04:43] | He is most in the company of the right noble Claudio. | 他现在相处最亲密的是 贵族克罗迪奥 |
[04:46] | O lord! | 哦 天啊! |
[04:48] | He will hang upon him like a disease. | 他将像疾病般缠绕着他 |
[04:51] | He is sooner caught than the pestilence,and the taker runs presently mad. | 比瘟疫蔓延得更快 他不久就会发疯 |
[04:56] | God help the noble Claudio! | 愿上帝救救贵族克罗迪奥 |
[04:58] | If he have caught the Benedick… | 假如他被班尼迪克感染了… |
[05:00] | …it will cost him a thousand pound ere he be cured. | 他得花1千英镑来治愈 |
[05:03] | I will keep friends with you,lady. | 我将与你保持友好 小姐 |
[05:07] | – Do,good friend. – You will never run mad,niece. | -成交 好朋友 -你永远也不会发疯的 侄女 |
[05:11] | No,not till a hot January. | 不到大热的冬天我是不会发疯的 |
[05:19] | Don Pedro is approaching! | 唐·佩德罗快到了! |
[09:33] | Good Signior Leonato,are you come to meet your trouble. | 仁慈的里奥纳多先生 你是来找麻烦的吗? |
[09:37] | The fashion of the world is to avoid cost,and you encounter it. | 世界流行避免损失 而你却遭遇上了 |
[09:40] | Never came trouble to my house in the likeness of your grace. | 我的房子从没来过像你那样优雅的麻烦 |
[09:59] | My lord. | 殿下 |
[10:01] | I think this is your daughter. | 我想这是你女儿 |
[10:03] | Her mother hath many times told me so. | 她母亲经常那样告诉我 |
[10:06] | Were you in doubt,sir,that you asked her? | 您问她的时候是不是心里有点疑惑? |
[10:08] | Signior Benedick,no! | 班尼迪克先生 没有! |
[10:12] | If Signior Leonato be her father… | 就是把墨西拿所有的财富都给她 |
[10:14] | …she would not have his head on her shoulders for all Messina. | 她也不愿意长得象父亲 |
[10:18] | I wonder that you will still be talking,Signior Benedick.Nobody marks you. | 我很惊讶你还在说 班尼迪克先生 没人注意到你 |
[10:22] | What,my dear Lady Disdain! | 什么 我亲爱的高傲小姐 |
[10:26] | Are you yet living? | 你竟然还活着? |
[10:27] | Is it possible disdain should die… | 遇上了像班尼迪克先生那样的精神食粮时… |
[10:29] | …while she hath such meet food to feed it as Signior Benedick? | 高傲又怎么可能会死? |
[10:33] | Courtesy itself must convert to disdain if you come in her presence. | 一旦你出现在她面前 谦恭必定变成高傲 |
[10:37] | Then is courtesy a turncoat. | 那就是背叛了谦恭 |
[10:38] | But it is certain I am loved of all ladies,only you excepted… | 但是可以肯定的是 所有女人都喜欢我 除了你之外 |
[10:41] | …and I would I could find in my heart… | 我真希望我的心肠不是那么硬… |
[10:43] | that I had not a hard heart,for I love none. | 因为我对她们一个也看不上眼 |
[10:46] | A dear happiness to women. | 那是女人的福气 |
[10:48] | They would else be troubled with a pernicious suitor. | 不然她们会被你这位求婚者缠死 |
[10:50] | I thank God and my cold blood,I am of your humor for that. | 感谢上帝 还有我的冷血 我跟你的想法一致 |
[10:53] | I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow… | 我宁愿听到我的狗对着乌鸦叫… |
[10:55] | than a man swear he loves me. | 也不愿意听到男人发誓说他爱我 |
[10:58] | God keep your ladyship still in that mind… | 上帝保佑你的心不变 |
[11:00] | …so some gentleman or other shall ‘scape a predestinate scratched face. | 这样某位先生就能够逃脱那种丢脸的厄运 |
[11:07] | Scratching could not make it worse,an ’twere such a face as yours were. | 你这副尊容 就是丢脸也丢不到哪里去 |
[11:11] | Well,you are a rare parrot-teacher. | 你就象鹦鹉 巧舌如簧 |
[11:14] | A bird of my tongue is better than a beast of yours. | 我长着鸟舌头 要比你长着畜生的强 |
[11:16] | I would my horse had the speed of your tongue!But… | 但愿我的马追得上你的舌头 |
[11:19] | …keep your way,in God’s name I have done. | 你接着说吧 以上帝之名 恕我不再奉陪 |
[11:23] | You always end with a jade’s trick. | 你总是用这种卑劣的把戏收场 |
[11:27] | I know you of old. | 我早就认清你了 |
[11:29] | Signior Claudio,Signior Benedick… | 克罗迪奥先生 班尼迪克先生 |
[11:31] | …my dear friend Leonato hath invited you all. | 我的朋友里奥纳多邀请你们 |
[11:34] | I tell him we shall stay here at the least a month. | 我告诉他 我们将在这里至少呆上一个月 |
[11:45] | Let me bid you welcome,my lord. | 请让我欢迎你 殿下 |
[11:53] | Being reconciled to the prince,your brother… | 听说你跟令兄和好 |
[11:56] | …I owe you all duty. | 我愿意随时为你效劳 |
[11:59] | I thank you. | 我感谢你 |
[12:02] | I am not of many words… | 我不善言辞 |
[12:05] | …but I thank you. | 但我感谢你 |
[12:13] | Please it your grace lead on? | 你先请 殿下 |
[12:15] | Your hand,Leonato,we will go together. | 你请 里奥纳多 我们就携手同行吧 |
[12:31] | Benedick. | 班尼迪克 |
[12:33] | Didst thou note the daughter of Signior Leonato? | 你有注意到里奥纳多的女儿吗? |
[12:36] | I noted her not,but I looked on her. | 看到了 但我没太注意到她 |
[12:38] | Is she not a modest young lady? | 难道她不是位文静的少女吗? |
[12:40] | Do you question me for my simple true judgment… | 你是希望我实话实说呢 |
[12:43] | …or would you have me speak after my custom, | 还是希望我用自己的方式 |
[12:45] | a professed tyrant to their sex? | 作为爱情杀手来评定他们的性感? |
[12:47] | No.I pray thee speak in sober judgment. | 不 我希望你实话实说 |
[12:50] | Why,i’ faith me thinks she’s too low for a high praise… | 哎呀 我认为 她太矮 不能评价太高 |
[12:53] | …too brown for a fair praise,and too little for a great praise. | 太黑 不能评价太白 太小 不能评价太大 |
[12:57] | This commendation I can afford her, | 这就是我对她的评价 |
[12:58] | that were she other,she were unhandsome… | 要不是现在这样子 她一定还要难看 |
[13:00] | …and being no other but as she is,I do not like her. | 既然不能再漂亮点 我就不喜欢她 |
[13:04] | Thou thinkest I am in sport.I pray thee tell me truly how thou likest her. | 你以为我是闹着玩的 请你告诉我 她到底怎么样 |
[13:08] | Would you buy her,that you enquire after her? | 你这样打听她是要买她吗? |
[13:11] | Can the world buy such a jewel? | 这样的宝石在世上能买到吗? |
[13:13] | Yea,and a case to put it into. | 可以 还送你一个盒子 把它装起来 |
[13:16] | But speak you this with a sad brow? | 可你说到这些 干嘛愁眉不展? |
[13:24] | In mine eyes,she is the sweetest lady that ever I looked on. | 在我眼里 她是我见过最可爱的姑娘 |
[13:28] | I can see yet without spectacles and I see no such matter. | 我看东西还不用戴眼镜 我可不那么觉得 |
[13:33] | There’s her cousin,an’ she were not possessed with a fury… | 那是她表姐 她要不是脾气太暴的话 |
[13:37] | …exceeds her as much in beauty as the first of May doth the last of December. | 可比她漂亮多了 就象初春和晚秋相比一样 |
[13:41] | But I hope you have no intent to turn husband. | 我希望你不是想做丈夫 |
[13:45] | Have you? | 是吗? |
[13:46] | I would scarce trust myself… | 我自己也无法相信 |
[13:48] | …though I had sworn the contrary… | 尽管我曾经发誓终身不娶 |
[13:52] | …if Hero would be my wife. | 如果希洛小姐能够成为我的妻子… |
[13:55] | Is’t come to this? | 事情到了这个地步了? |
[13:57] | Shall I never see a bachelor of three-score again? | 难道我再也见不到终身不娶的人了? |
[14:01] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[14:02] | What secret hath held you here, | 是什么秘密的事情把你们带到这 |
[14:04] | that you followed not to Leonato’s? | 没有让你们跟上里奥纳多? |
[14:07] | He is in love. | 他堕入爱河了! |
[14:10] | With who?That is your grace’s part. | 和谁?承蒙你的恩典 |
[14:13] | With Hero… | 和希洛小姐… |
[14:14] | …Leonato’s short daughter! | 里奥纳多的矮个子女儿! |
[14:17] | Amen,if you love her,for the lady is very well worthy. | 如果你爱上她 我很赞同 她很值得去爱 |
[14:20] | You speak this to fetch me in. | 你这样说是要我吐露真情 |
[14:22] | By my troth,I speak my thought. | 我保证 我可是真心的 |
[14:23] | And in faith,my lord,I spoke mine. | 我说的是真心话 殿下 |
[14:25] | And,by my two faiths and troths,I spoke mine. | 以我的三信二仰发誓 我也是真心的 |
[14:28] | – That I love her,I feel. – That she is worthy,I know. | -我觉得 我爱上她了 -她很值得的 我知道 |
[14:31] | That I neither feel how she should be loved nor know how she is worthy… | 我既感觉不到她哪里可爱也不知道她哪里值得去爱 |
[14:35] | …is the opinion that fire cannot melt out of me.I will die in it at the stake. | 这是烈火也改变不了的观点 哪怕我在火刑中死去 |
[14:39] | Thou wast ever an obstinate heretic in the despite of beauty. | 你永远是一个顽固的藐视美女的怪物 |
[14:42] | That a woman conceived me… | 女人生下了我… |
[14:44] | …I thank her. | 我感谢她 |
[14:46] | That she brought me up,I likewise give her most humble thanks. | 她把我养大 我同样向她表示最诚挚的谢意 |
[14:50] | But that I will hang my… | 但是要我佩带… |
[14:52] | …bugle in an invisible baldric… | 号角藏在腰间… |
[14:55] | …all women shall pardon me. | 以求得所有女人的宽恕 |
[14:56] | I will live a bachelor. | 我宁愿打一辈子光棍 |
[14:59] | I shall see thee ‘ere I die,look pale with love. | 在我死前 总有一天我会看到你为爱情憔悴 |
[15:02] | With anger,with sickness,or with hunger,my lord… | 我会愤怒 会生病 会为饥饿而憔悴 殿下… |
[15:06] | …not with love. | 但不会为爱情 |
[15:07] | Well,as time shall try. | 那么 让时间证明一切吧… |
[15:09] | “In time the savage bull doth bear the yoke.” | “总有一天 野牛也会上套的” |
[15:13] | The savage bull may,but if ever the sensible Benedick bear it… | 野牛也许会 但是假如明智的班尼迪克接受了 |
[15:16] | …pluck off the bull’s horns and set them in my forehead. | 就把牛角摘下来 插在我的额头 |
[15:19] | And let me be vilely painted and in such great letters as they write: | 然后把我涂上肮脏的油漆 让他们写上这样一行大字 |
[15:22] | “Here is good horse to hire,” let them signify under my sign: | “好马出租” 让他们在我的签名下面写上: |
[15:25] | “Here you may see Benedick,the married man.” | “请看班尼迪克 结了婚的男人” |
[15:29] | Benedick. | 班尼迪克 |
[15:31] | Repair to Leonato’s. | 到里奥纳多那里 |
[15:33] | Tell him I will not fail him at supper,for indeed he hath made great preparation. | 告诉他晚餐我准时到 因为他做了盛大的准备 |
[15:38] | Examine your conscience. | 考验你的时候到了 |
[15:40] | And so I leave you. | 那么我先告辞了 |
[15:44] | Hath Leonato any son,my lord? | 里奥纳多有儿子吗 殿下? |
[15:47] | No child but Hero.She’s his only heir. | 除了希洛没有别的孩子 她是唯一的继承人 |
[15:51] | Dost thou affect her,Claudio? | 你真的喜欢她吗 克劳迪奥? |
[15:56] | My lord,when you went onward on this ended action… | 殿下 当你出征去战场的时候… |
[16:00] | …I looked upon her with a soldier’s eye,that liked… | 我以士兵的目光仰望她 那就像… |
[16:04] | …but had a rougher task in hand than to drive liking to the name of love. | 重任在身 无法顾及儿女私情 |
[16:09] | But now… | 但是现在… |
[16:11] | …I am returned and that war-thoughts have left their places vacant… | 我归来了 而战争的思潮一去不复返… |
[16:16] | …in their rooms come thronging soft… | 随之而来的是缕缕柔情 |
[16:19] | …and delicate desires… | 和美好的愿望 |
[16:22] | …all prompting me how fair young Hero is. | 所有这一切都在提醒我年轻的希洛是多么美丽 |
[16:26] | Saying… | 告诉你… |
[16:30] | …I liked her ere I went to wars. | 我上战场前就喜欢她了 |
[16:34] | Thou wilt be like a lover presently and tire the hearer with a book of words. | 你现在就象个恋人一样憔悴 说个没完 |
[16:39] | If thou dost love fair Hero,cherish it. | 如果你真的爱上了美丽的希洛 那就珍爱吧 |
[16:43] | And I will break with her and with her father and thou shalt have her. | 我去说服她和她父亲 你会如愿以偿的 |
[16:46] | I know we shall have reveling tonight. | 今天晚上我们会有一个狂欢的宴会 |
[16:49] | I will assume thy part in some disguise and… | 我会伪装成你的样子 |
[16:52] | …tell fair Hero I am Claudio. | 告诉美丽的希洛 我是克劳迪奥 |
[16:54] | And in her bosom,I’ll unclasp my heart… | 在她的内心 我会敞开我的心扉 |
[16:57] | …and take her hearing prisoner,with the force and… | 用魄力和动人的情话… |
[16:59] | …strong encounter of my amorous tale. | 俘获她的芳心 |
[17:03] | Then,after to her father will I break… | 然后我会说服她父亲… |
[17:06] | …and the conclusion is… | 最终… |
[17:08] | …she shall be thine. | 她将属于你 |
[17:13] | In practice let us put it presently. | 让我们立刻进行吧 |
[17:23] | What the good-year,my lord. | 多好的年景啊 殿下 |
[17:27] | Why are you thus out of measure sad? | 为什么你这么愁眉苦脸的? |
[17:32] | There is no measure in the occasion that breeds. | 不顺眼的事情太多 |
[17:36] | Therefore the sadness is without limit. | 所以我的烦闷也是茫无边际的 |
[17:39] | You should hear reason. | 你该听从理智的召唤 |
[17:43] | And when I have heard it… | 听从了以后… |
[17:46] | …what blessing brings it? | 又有什么好处呢? |
[17:49] | I cannot hide what I am. | 我无法掩饰自己的本性 |
[17:52] | I must be sad when I have cause and smile at no man’s jests… | 心里不痛快我就难过 决不会人云亦云… |
[17:57] | …eat when I have stomach… | 肚子饿了我就吃… |
[18:00] | …and wait for no man’s leisure… | 决不会顾及他人的感受… |
[18:02] | …sleep when I am drowsy… | 困了我就睡… |
[18:05] | …and tend on no man’s business… | 决不会多管闲事… |
[18:06] | …laugh… | 心里高兴 |
[18:08] | …when I am merry… | 我就笑… |
[18:10] | …and claw no man in his humor. | 决不会阿谀奉承 |
[18:17] | But you must not make full show of this till you may do so without controlment. | 但在得到自由前 你不能完全展现本性 |
[18:21] | You have of late stood out against your brother… | 最近您跟你的兄长对着干… |
[18:24] | …and he hath ta’en you newly into his grace… | 刚刚言归于好… |
[18:27] | …where it is impossible you should take true root… | 虽然要你效忠于他是不可能的事… |
[18:29] | …but by the fair weather that you make yourself. | 但为了让你的日子更好过 |
[18:32] | I had rather be a canker in a hedge… | 我宁愿做树篱下的犬蔷薇 |
[18:35] | …than a rose in his grace. | 也不想做他恩宠的玫瑰 |
[18:38] | In this,though I cannot be said to be a flattering,honest man… | 我虽然说不上是个善于阿谀的正人君子… |
[18:42] | …it must not be denied but I am a plain-dealing villain. | 但不容否认我是一个正大光明的小人 |
[18:46] | If I had my mouth… | 要是我有嘴… |
[18:48] | …I would bite. | 我就要咬人 |
[18:50] | If I had my liberty… | 要是我有自由… |
[18:52] | …I would do my liking. | 我会为所欲为 |
[18:55] | In the meantime… | 此时… |
[18:57] | …let me be that I am and seek not to alter me. | 让我保持我的本来面目不要设法改变它 |
[19:05] | Borachio! | 波拉奇欧 |
[19:07] | What news? | 有什么消息? |
[19:09] | I can give you intelligence of an intended marriage. | 我能告诉你个计划中的婚礼 |
[19:13] | Will it serve for any model to build mischief on? | 我们能在这上面搞破坏吗? |
[19:16] | Marry,it is your brother’s right hand. | 结婚的人是你兄长的右手 |
[19:19] | Who? | 谁? |
[19:20] | – The most exquisite Claudio? – Even he. | -最了不得的克罗迪奥 -正是他 |
[19:24] | How came you to this? | 你怎么得知的? |
[19:25] | I heard it agreed upon that the prince should woo Hero for himself… | 我听到他们在商议 王子要亲自追求希洛… |
[19:30] | …and having obtained her,give her to Count Claudio. | 得到她后 就把她送给克罗迪奥伯爵 |
[19:34] | Come. | 快点 |
[19:35] | Come,let us thither.This may prove food to my displeasure. | 快点 我们到那边去 也许我可以借此出一口怨气 |
[19:44] | If I can cross him any way… | 如果我能够叫他受些挫折 |
[19:46] | …I bless myself every way. | 也好让我拍手称快 |
[19:49] | You are both sure… | 你们都确定… |
[19:51] | …and will assist me? | 将会帮助我吗? |
[19:54] | To the death,my lord. | 誓死效忠 殿下 |
[19:56] | – Shall we go prove what’s to be done? – We’ll wait upon your lordship. | -我们得计划一下怎么做 -我们愿意听候你的吩咐 |
[20:25] | – Was not Count John here at supper? – I saw him not. | -约翰伯爵没来吗? -我没看见他 |
[20:28] | How tartly that gentleman looks! | 那位先生看起来多么阴沉! |
[20:30] | I never can see him but I am heart-burned an hour after. | 每次看见他总会令我心痛一阵子 |
[20:33] | He’s of a very melancholy disposition. | 他的性格很忧郁 |
[20:51] | He were an excellent man that were made just in the midway between him and Benedick. | 要是把他跟班尼迪克折衷一下那就是个优秀的人 |
[20:56] | The one is too like an image and says nothing, | 一个太像塑像 老是一言不发 |
[20:58] | and the other too like my lady’s eldest son… | 一个却像骄纵惯了的小少爷… |
[21:01] | …evermore tattling. | 说个不停 |
[21:04] | Then half Signior Benedick’s tongue… | 把班尼迪克先生的一半口才… |
[21:06] | …in Count John’s mouth… | 给予在约翰伯爵… |
[21:08] | …and half count John’s melancholy in Signior Benedick’s face. | 把约翰伯爵的一半忧郁给予班尼迪克先生 |
[21:14] | With a good leg. | 加上一双好腿 |
[21:16] | And a good foot,uncle. | 加上一对好脚 叔叔 |
[21:18] | And money enough in his purse. | 袋里有几个钱 |
[21:21] | Such a man would win any woman in the world. | 这样一个男人 世上无论哪个女人都愿意嫁给他的 |
[21:26] | If he could get her good will. | 要是他能够得到她的欢心的话 |
[21:27] | By my troth,niece,thou wilt never get thee a husband,if thou be so shrewd of thy tongue. | 我发誓 侄女 说话这样刻薄 你也会嫁不出去的 |
[21:37] | Lord,I could not endure a husband with a beard on his face. | 爵爷 我不能忍受一个满脸胡须的丈夫 |
[21:40] | I’d rather lie in the woolen. | 我宁愿在羊毛中死去 |
[21:42] | You may light on a husband that hath no beard. | 你可以找一个没胡须的丈夫 |
[21:45] | And what should I do with him? | 那该跟他做什么呢? |
[21:46] | Dress him in my apparel and make him my waiting-gentlewoman? | 叫他穿起我的衣服来让他做我的侍女吗? |
[21:51] | He that hath a beard is more than a youth. | 有胡须的年纪一定不小了 |
[21:54] | And he that hath no beard is less than a man. | 没胡须的算不得须眉男子 |
[21:56] | And he that is more than a youth is not for me. | 我不要一个老头子做我的丈夫 |
[21:58] | And he that is less than a man,I am not for him. | 也不愿意嫁给个没有丈夫气的男人 |
[22:03] | Yet in faith,she’s too cursed. | 说实在的 她太邪恶了 |
[22:05] | Well,then,go you into hell? | 你会因此而进地狱的? |
[22:07] | No,but to the gate. | 不 我刚走到门口 |
[22:09] | And there will the devil meet me like an old cuckold… | 迎接我的魔鬼像个年老的戴绿帽者… |
[22:12] | …with horns on his head,and say: | 头上戴着角 说: |
[22:14] | “Get you to heaven,Beatrice. | 你到天堂去吧 碧翠斯 |
[22:17] | “Here’s no place for you maids.” | 这儿不是你们姑娘家住的地方 |
[22:19] | So away to Saint Peter for the heavens. | 然后去到天堂见到圣彼得 |
[22:23] | He shows me where the bachelors sit. | 他指点我单身汉在什么地方 |
[22:27] | And there live we as merry as the day is long. | 我在那里生活得非常快乐 |
[22:33] | Well,niece,I hope you will be ruled by your father. | 侄女我希望你父亲会管教你… |
[22:36] | Yes,faith,it is my cousin’s duty to make curtsy… | 说真的 这是我表妹的责任 先行个礼 |
[22:39] | …and say,”Father,as it please you.” | 然后说 “父亲 由你做主” |
[22:41] | But yet for all that,cousin, | 但话是这么说 表妹 |
[22:43] | let him be a handsome fellow… | 他一定要是个帅小伙才好… |
[22:46] | …or else make another curtsy and say, | 否则你还是再行个礼说 |
[22:47] | “Father,as it please me.” | “父亲 这可要让我自己作主了” |
[22:55] | Daughter… | 女儿… |
[22:57] | …remember what I told you. | 记住我的话 |
[23:00] | If the prince do solicit you in that kind… | 如果王子向你提出那样的请求… |
[23:04] | …you know your answer. | 你知道你应该怎样回答他 |
[23:11] | Well,niece. | 好了 侄女 |
[23:12] | I hope to see you one day fitted with a husband. | 我希望能看到你找到如意郎君 |
[23:15] | Not till God make men of some other metal than earth. | 那可要等到上帝用金属不是用泥来造人的那天 |
[23:20] | Cousin,you apprehend passing shrewdly. | 侄女 你的观察倒是十分深刻 |
[23:23] | I have a good eye,uncle.I can see a church by daylight. | 我眼睛很好的 叔叔 我能在白天能看清一座教堂 |
[23:31] | The revellers are entering! | 跳舞的人进来了! |
[23:45] | Lady,will you walk about with your friend? | 小姐愿意陪你的朋友走走吗? |
[24:11] | I know you well enough.You are Signior Antonio. | 我早就认出你了 你是安东尼奥先生 |
[24:15] | At a word,I am not. | 简而言之 我不是 |
[24:17] | I know you by the waggling of your head. | 我瞧你摇头摆脑的样子就知道是你 |
[24:21] | At a word,I am not. | 简而言之 我不是 |
[24:22] | Come,come,do you think I do not know you by your excellent wit? | 算了 算了 这样才华横溢的家伙我能认错吗? |
[24:28] | Can virtue hide itself? | 难道美德能藏起来吗? |
[24:30] | Go to,mum,you are he. | 别多话了 你一定是他 |
[24:33] | Graces will appear,and there’s an end. | 您正是他不用再抵赖了 |
[24:41] | Well,I would you did like me. | 喂 我敢说你一定很喜欢我 |
[24:43] | So would not I,for I have many ill qualities. | 我才不会呢 因为我毛病太多 |
[24:46] | – Which is one? – I say my prayers aloud. | -什么毛病? -我祷告时会很大声 |
[24:53] | Will you not tell me who told you,sir? | 你就不肯告诉我 是谁对你说的吗? |
[24:56] | No,you shall pardon me. | 不 请原谅 |
[24:57] | – Nor will you not tell me who you are? – Not now. | -你也不肯告诉我你是谁吗? -现在不行 |
[25:01] | That I was disdainful… | 说我目中无人… |
[25:03] | …and that I had my good wit out of the “Hundred Merry Tales.” | 说我的俏皮话儿都是从笑话书里偷下来的 |
[25:08] | Well,this was Signior Benedick that said so. | 这一定是班尼迪克说的 |
[25:11] | What’s he? | 他是什么人? |
[25:12] | I’m sure you know him well enough. | 我相信您一定很熟悉他的 |
[25:14] | Not I,believe me. | 相信我 我不认识他 |
[25:17] | Did he never make you laugh? | 他从没让你笑过吗? |
[25:18] | I pray you,what is he? | 请你告诉我 他是什么人? |
[25:22] | Why,he is the prince’s jester. | 哎呀 他是王子的小丑 |
[25:25] | A very dull fool. | 一个非常无趣的小丑 |
[25:28] | His only gift is in devising impossible slanders. | 他唯一的能耐就是捏造一些无稽的谣言 |
[25:31] | None but libertines delight in him, | 只有放浪的家伙会喜欢他 |
[25:33] | for he both pleases men and angers them… | 既会讨好人家 又会惹人家生气 |
[25:36] | …and then they laugh at him and beat him. | 所以他们一面笑他一面打他 |
[25:41] | I am sure he is in the fleet. | 我想他一定在人群里 |
[25:43] | I would he had boarded me. | 我希望他会碰到我 |
[25:46] | When I know the gentleman,I’ll tell him what you say. | 等我认识这位先生后我可以把你的话转告他 |
[25:51] | Do. | 很好 |
[25:57] | We must follow the leaders. | 我们应该跟随领队的 |
[25:58] | In every good thing. | 万事皆顺 |
[26:33] | Are not you Signior Benedick? | 你不正是班尼迪克先生吗? |
[26:35] | You know me well.I am he. | 你认识我 我就是 |
[26:37] | Signior,you are very near my brother in his love. | 先生 你跟我那堕入爱河的兄长非常亲近 |
[26:40] | He is enamoured on Hero. | 他迷恋上希洛了 |
[26:42] | I pray you,dissuade him from her.She is no equal for his birth. | 我恳求你 劝他离开她 她和他的身份不般配 |
[26:47] | How know you he loves her? | 你怎么知道他爱她? |
[26:49] | I heard him swear his affection. | 我听到他为爱情而宣誓 |
[26:52] | So did I,too.And he swore he would marry her tonight. | 我也听到了他誓言他要在今晚娶她 |
[26:55] | Come,let us to the banquet. | 来吧 我们去参加宴会 |
[27:08] | Thus answer I in name of Benedick… | 尽管我以班尼迪克之名来回答 |
[27:11] | …but hear these ill news with the ears of Claudio. | 但却是以克罗迪奥之耳听到这个坏消息 |
[27:19] | ‘Tis certain so… | 这是必然的 |
[27:22] | …the prince woos for himself! | 王子在为他自己求爱 |
[27:27] | Friendship is constant in all other things… | 友谊通常在别的事情上是可靠的… |
[27:32] | …save in the office and affairs of love. | 但在爱情上 却往往另当别论 |
[27:38] | This is an accident of hourly proof… | 这样的事情数不胜数… |
[27:41] | …which I mistrusted not. | 用不着再验证 |
[27:47] | Farewell,therefore,Hero! | 就这样吧 永别了 希洛! |
[27:53] | – Count Claudio? – Yea,the same. | -克罗迪奥伯爵? -是的 |
[27:55] | – Come,will you go with me? – Whither? | -来 跟我来 -去哪里? |
[27:56] | About your own business. | 为了你自己的事 |
[27:58] | – The prince hath got your Hero! – I wish him joy of her! | -王子夺走了你的希洛! -我希望他们姻缘美满! |
[28:02] | Did you think the prince would have served you thus? | 你以为王子会这样对待你吗? |
[28:05] | I pray you,leave me. | 请你让我一个人呆在这儿吧 |
[28:06] | Alas,poor hurt fowl! | 唉 受伤害的小可怜! |
[28:12] | But that my Lady Beatrice should know me,and not know me! | 但我的碧翠斯小姐应该认出我的 然而并没有认出我! |
[28:16] | The prince’s fool? | 王子的小丑? |
[28:20] | I am not so reputed. | 我不会是这样的名声的 |
[28:22] | It is the base,the bitter disposition of Beatrice… | 一定是尖酸 刻薄的碧翠斯… |
[28:25] | …that puts the world into her person and so gives me out. | 根据自己的想法编造出来毁谤我的 |
[28:29] | Well… | 嗯… |
[28:31] | …l’ll be revenged as I may. | 我一定会报复的 |
[28:35] | Now,signior,where’s the count? | 现在 伯爵在哪? |
[28:36] | Troth,my lord, | 不瞒殿下说 |
[28:37] | I found him here as melancholy… | 我看见他像沃伦的一个林中小屋一样忧郁… |
[28:39] | as a lodge in a warren. | 独自在这里发呆 |
[28:40] | I told him,and I think I told him true… | 我就对他说 我想我对他说的是真话… |
[28:42] | …that your grace had got the good will of this young lady. | 你已经得到这位姑娘的芳心了 |
[28:46] | The Lady Beatrice hath a quarrel to you. | 碧翠斯小姐在生你的气 |
[28:49] | The gentleman that danced with her told her she is much wronged by you. | 陪她跳舞的那位先生告诉她你说了她许多坏话 |
[28:54] | She misused me past the endurance of a block! | 她才把我侮辱得连一块顽石都要气得跳起来呢 |
[28:58] | She told me,not thinking I had been myself, | 她不知道我就站在她的面前 |
[29:00] | that I was the prince’s jester… | 对我说我是亲王的小丑… |
[29:03] | …that I was duller than a great thaw… | 我是比大解冻时还烂的烂泥巴… |
[29:06] | …huddling jest upon jest with such impossible conveyance upon me… | 她用一连串恶毒的讥讽… |
[29:09] | …that I stood like a man at a mark… | 像乱箭似的向我射了过来… |
[29:11] | …with a whole army shooting at me. | 我简直变成了一个箭垛 |
[29:13] | She speaks poniards… | 她说话就像匕首 |
[29:16] | …and every word stabs. | 每一个字都刺到人心里 |
[29:18] | If her breath were terrible as her terminations, | 要是她嘴里的气息跟她的说话一样恶毒 |
[29:21] | there were no living near her. | 那么走近她的人都不会活命 |
[29:22] | She would infect to the North Star. | 她的毒气会把北极星都熏坏呢 |
[29:24] | So,indeed,all disquiet,horror and perturbation follows her. | 所以一切的混乱 恐怖纷扰 都跟着她一起来了 |
[29:30] | Look,here she comes. | 瞧 她来啦 |
[29:34] | Will your grace command me any service to the world’s end? | 殿下有没有什么事情要派我到世界的尽头去? |
[29:38] | I will go on the slightest errand now to the Antipodes… | 我现在愿意到地球的那一边 |
[29:41] | …that you can devise to send me on. | 给你干最琐细的差使 |
[29:43] | I will fetch you a hair off the Great Cham’s beard… | 我愿意为您去从蒙古大可汗的脸上拔下一根胡须… |
[29:48] | …do you any embassage to the Pigmies… | 或者到侏儒国里去办些什么事情也好… |
[29:51] | …rather than hold three words’ conference with this harpy. | 也不愿意跟这女妖说三句话 |
[29:58] | You have no employment for me? | 您没有什么事可以给我做吗? |
[30:00] | None,but to desire your good company! | 没有 我要请你陪着我 |
[30:05] | O God,sir,here’s a dish I love not. | 啊 殿下 这是强人所难了 |
[30:07] | I cannot endure my Lady Tongue! | 我可受不住咱们这位嘴尖的小姐! |
[30:13] | Come,lady,come. | 来 小姐 |
[30:14] | You have lost the heart of Signior Benedick. | 你伤了班尼迪克的心啦 |
[30:16] | Indeed,my lord. | 没错 殿下 |
[30:20] | He lent it me awhile. | 他把心借给了我一阵子 |
[30:23] | And I gave him use for it… | 我又还给了他 |
[30:25] | …a double heart for his single one. | 用两颗心回报他的一颗心 |
[30:29] | Marry,once before he won it of me, | 哎呀 曾经的曾经他赢得过我的芳心 |
[30:31] | with false dice. | 不过那是个错误 |
[30:33] | Therefore your grace may well say I have lost it. | 所以你说我失去了它 也是有道理的 |
[30:37] | You have put him down,lady,you have put him down. | 你把他战胜了 小姐 你把他战胜了 |
[30:40] | So I would not he should do me,my lord… | 我是不会让他战胜我的 殿下… |
[30:43] | …lest I should prove the mother of fools. | 以免别人说我是妈妈生的傻孩子 |
[30:47] | I have brought Count Claudio,whom you sent me to seek. | 你叫我去找克罗迪奥伯爵 我已经把他找来了 |
[30:53] | Why,how now,Count,wherefore art thou sad? | 哎 怎么了 伯爵!你为什么这样不高兴? |
[30:56] | Not sad,my lord. | 我没不高兴 殿下 |
[30:57] | – How then?Sick? – Neither,my lord. | -那么 是生病了? -也不是 殿下 |
[30:59] | The count is neither sad,nor sick… | 这位伯爵既没有不高兴 也没有生病… |
[31:03] | …nor merry,nor well… | 既不是快乐 也不是很好… |
[31:05] | …but civil count… | 只是个酸伯爵… |
[31:08] | …civil as an orange,and something of that jealous complexion. | 酸得象个橙子 从表情就能看出有多酸 |
[31:12] | I’ faith,lady,I think your blazon to be true… | 真的 小姐我想您把他形容得很对… |
[31:15] | …though I’ll be sworn,if he be so,his conceit is false. | 可是我可以发誓 要是他真的那样想 那就错了 |
[31:19] | Here,Claudio. | 来 克罗迪奥 |
[31:21] | I have wooed in thy name… | 我已经替你向希洛求婚 |
[31:24] | …and fair Hero is won. | 她已经答应了 |
[31:27] | I have broke with her father,and his good will obtained. | 我也向她的父亲提过他也表示同意了 |
[31:31] | Name the day of marriage… | 只剩下选定一个结婚的日子 |
[31:33] | …and God give thee joy. | 愿上帝给你快乐! |
[31:36] | Count,take of me my daughter… | 伯爵 从我手里接过我的女儿 |
[31:39] | …and with her my fortunes. | 我的财产也随着她一起传给您了 |
[31:42] | His grace hath made the match… | 这门婚事多得殿下鼎力相助 |
[31:44] | …and all grace say Amen to it. | 一定能够得到上天的嘉许! |
[31:55] | Speak,Count… | 说呀 伯爵… |
[31:57] | …’tis your cue. | 现在要轮到您说话了 |
[32:00] | Silence is the perfectest herald of joy. | 静默是表示快乐的最好的方法 |
[32:04] | I were but little happy,if I could say how much. | 要是我能够说出有多快乐 那我的快乐只是有限的 |
[32:09] | Lady… | 小姐… |
[32:11] | …as you are mine… | 现在你是属于我的… |
[32:14] | …I am yours. | 而我也是属于你的 |
[32:19] | Speak,cousin! | 说呀 表妹… |
[32:21] | Or,if you cannot, | 要是你不知道说什么好 |
[32:23] | stop his mouth with a kiss,and let not him speak neither. | 就用吻来堵住他的嘴让他也不要说话 |
[32:42] | In faith,lady,you have a merry heart. | 真的 小姐 您真会说笑 |
[32:46] | Yea,my lord,I thank it. | 是的 殿下 也幸亏是这样 |
[32:48] | Poor fool. | 可怜的傻子 |
[32:49] | It keeps on the windy side of care. | 才从来不知道有什么心事 |
[32:52] | My cousin tells him in his ear that he is in her heart. | 我那表妹在他耳边告诉他她心里有他呢 |
[32:56] | And so she doth,cousin. | 她正是这么说 表姐 |
[33:04] | Good Lord,for alliance! | 天哪 还真亲热! |
[33:09] | Thus goes everyone to the world but I,and I am sunburnt. | 姑娘们个个名花有主 只有我 人老珠黄 |
[33:14] | I may sit in a corner and cry heigh-ho for a husband. | 我还是躲在角落里 哭自己没有丈夫吧 |
[33:19] | Lady Beatrice,I will get you one. | 碧翠斯小姐 我来帮你选一个吧 |
[33:22] | I would rather have one of your father’s getting. | 我倒是愿意选你父亲的儿子做为丈夫 |
[33:25] | Hath your grace ne’er a brother like you? | 难道殿下没有象你一样的兄弟吗? |
[33:28] | Your father got excellent husbands,if a maid could come by them. | 君王的儿子才是理想的丈夫 可惜女子不容易接近他们 |
[33:32] | Will you have me,lady? | 你是想嫁给我 小姐? |
[33:37] | No,my lord… | 不 殿下… |
[33:40] | …unless I might have another for working-days. | 除非我的丈夫再普通些 |
[33:44] | Your grace is too costly to wear every day. | 因为您太高贵啦 |
[33:49] | But,I beseech your grace,pardon me.I was born to speak all mirth and no matter. | 可是我要请殿下原谅 我生来就爱说笑 没正经话 |
[33:58] | Your silence most offends me… | 你要是不声不响我才要生气呢… |
[34:00] | …and to be merry best becomes you… | 说说笑笑正是您的风趣本色… |
[34:03] | …for,out of question,you were born in a merry hour. | 我想您一定是在一个快乐的时辰里出生的 |
[34:05] | No,sure,my lord… | 不 其实 殿下… |
[34:09] | …my mother cried. | 我妈当时在哭 |
[34:14] | But then there was a star danced… | 不过当时有一颗星星在跳舞… |
[34:17] | …and under that was I born. | 我就这样出生了 |
[34:22] | Cousins. | 表妹 |
[34:25] | God give you joy! | 愿上帝给你们快乐 |
[34:32] | By my troth,a pleasant-spirited lady. | 说实话 真是一位活泼快乐的小姐 |
[34:39] | There’s little of the melancholy element in her. | 她身上找不出一丝丝的忧愁 |
[34:42] | She is never sad but when she sleeps, | 她从来没有伤心过 即使是在睡觉 |
[34:44] | and not ever then… | 也从来没有过… |
[34:45] | …for I’ve heard my daughter say… | 因为我曾经听见女儿说起… |
[34:47] | she hath often dreamt of unhappiness… | 她往往会梦见什么淘气的事情… |
[34:49] | …and waked herself with laughing. | 把自己笑醒过来 |
[34:52] | She cannot endure to hear tell of a husband. | 她不喜欢听见人家向她谈起丈夫 |
[34:56] | By no means. | 决不喜欢 |
[34:58] | She were an excellent wife for Benedick. | 她很适合当班尼迪克的妻子 |
[35:02] | If they were but a week married,they would talk themselves mad. | 如果他们两个结婚 不到一星期 准会吵疯了呢 |
[35:07] | Claudio,when mean you to go to church? | 克罗迪奥 你打算什么时候上教堂? |
[35:09] | Tomorrow,my lord. | 就明天吧 殿下 |
[35:10] | Not till Monday,my dear son,which is hence a just seven-night… | 还是等到星期一吧 贤婿 前后也不过七天… |
[35:15] | …and a time too brief,too,to have all things answer my mind. | 要把一切事情办得都称心 这几天日子还嫌太局促了些 |
[35:19] | I warrant thee,Claudio, | 我向你保证 克罗迪奥 |
[35:20] | the time shall not go dully by us. | 我们不会让这段时间过得太闷 |
[35:22] | I will,in the interim,undertake one of Hercules’ labors… | 我想 在这几天内 完成一件非常难办的事… |
[35:25] | …which is to bring Signior Benedick and the Lady Beatrice… | 让班尼迪克和碧翠斯小姐… |
[35:28] | …into a mountain of affection,the one with the other. | 摒弃前嫌 彼此热恋起来 |
[35:33] | I would fain have it a match, | 我很想把他们两人配成一对 |
[35:34] | and I doubt not but to fashion it… | 那是一定可以成功的… |
[35:36] | …if you minister such assistance as I give you direction. | 要是你们三个人愿意听我的吩咐 |
[35:39] | My lord,I am for you,though it cost me 10 nights’ watchings. | 殿下 我愿意全力协助你 |
[35:43] | And I,my lord. | 我也愿意出力 殿下 |
[35:45] | And you,too,gentle Hero? | 您也愿意帮帮忙吗 温柔的希洛? |
[35:46] | I will do any modest office,my lord, | 殿下 我愿意尽我的微力 |
[35:48] | to help my cousin to a good husband. | 帮助我表姐得到一位好丈夫 |
[35:50] | If we can do this,Cupid is no longer an archer. | 要是我们成功了 丘比特也可以不用再射他的箭啦 |
[35:54] | His glory shall be ours,for we are the only love-gods. | 他的荣誉将属于我们 因为我们才是真正的爱神 |
[35:59] | Go with me,I will tell you my drift. | 跟我来 让我把计划告诉你们 |
[36:28] | I do much wonder… | 我真不懂… |
[36:31] | …that one man… | 一个人… |
[36:32] | …seeing how much another man is a fool when he dedicates his behaviors to love… | 明明知道沉迷在恋爱里是一件多么愚蠢的事… |
[36:37] | …will,after he hath laughed at such shallow follies in others… | 可是在讥笑他人的浅薄无聊以后… |
[36:41] | …become the argument of his own scorn by falling in love. | 偏偏会自打耳光照样跟人家闹起恋爱来 |
[36:48] | And such a man is Claudio. | 克罗迪奥就是这种人 |
[36:51] | I have known when there was no music with him but the drum and the fife… | 从前我认识他时 战鼓和军笛是他的唯一的音乐 |
[36:56] | …and now would he rather hear the tabor and the pipe. | 现在他却宁愿听小鼓和萧 |
[36:59] | I have known when he would have walked 10 mile afoot to see a good armor. | 从前他会跑10哩路去看一身好盔甲 |
[37:03] | And now will he lie 10 nights awake,carving the fashion of a new doublet. | 现在他却会10晚上不睡 设计一套时尚的紧身衣 |
[37:09] | He was wont to speak plain and to the purpose,like an honest man and a soldier. | 从前他说话总是直截了当 像个老实的军人 |
[37:13] | Now is he turned orthography. | 现在他却成了老学究 |
[37:17] | His words are a very fantastical banquet… | 咬文嚼字… |
[37:20] | …just so many strange dishes. | 满嘴都是些希奇古怪的话儿 |
[37:24] | May I be so converted,and see with these eyes? | 我会不会眼看自己也变得像他一样呢? |
[37:27] | I cannot tell.I think not. | 我不知道 我想不至于 |
[37:29] | I will not be sworn… | 我不用发誓… |
[37:30] | …but love may transform me to an oyster. | 但是爱情不会叫我变成一个牡蛎 |
[37:34] | But I’ll take my oath on it,till he hath made an oyster of me… | 可是我可以发誓 在它没有把我变成牡蛎以前… |
[37:38] | …he shall never make me such a fool. | 一定不会把我变成这样一个傻瓜 |
[37:40] | One woman is fair,yet I am well. | 漂亮的女人 我无动于衷 |
[37:43] | Another is wise,yet I am well.Another, | 聪明的女人 我无动于衷 |
[37:45] | virtuous,yet I am well. | 贤惠的女人 我无动于衷 |
[37:47] | But till all graces be in one woman… | 除非在一个女人身上能集合一切优点… |
[37:49] | …one woman shall not come in my grace. | 否则没有一个女人会中我的意的 |
[37:55] | Rich she shall be,that’s certain. | 她一定要有钱这是不用说的 |
[37:58] | Wise,or I’ll none. | 她必须聪明 不然我就不要 |
[38:00] | Virtuous,or I’ll never cheapen her. | 她必须贤惠 不然我也不敢领教 |
[38:03] | Fair,or I’ll never look on her. | 她必须美貌 不然我也看不上眼 |
[38:06] | Mild… | 她必须温柔 |
[38:08] | …or come not near me. | 否则她不要走近我 |
[38:11] | Of good discourse.An excellent musician. | 她必须会讲话 精通音乐 |
[38:16] | And her hair… | 她的头发… |
[38:18] | …shall be… | 必须是… |
[38:21] | …of what color it please God. | 天然的颜色 |
[38:26] | The prince and Monsieur Love. | 是王子跟咱们这位多情种子 |
[38:30] | I will hide me. | 我得躲起来才行 |
[38:44] | See you where Benedick hath hid himself? | 你们看见班尼迪克躲在什么地方吗? |
[38:47] | Very well,my lord. | 看得很清楚 殿下 |
[38:53] | Come,Balthasar. | 来 巴尔萨泽 |
[38:55] | We’ll hear that song again. | 我们要把那首歌再听一遍 |
[39:04] | Now,divine air. | 啊 神圣的曲调 |
[39:07] | Now is his soul ravished! | 现在他的灵魂要飘飘然起来了! |
[39:10] | Is it not strange that sheeps’ guts should hale souls out of men’s bodies? | 几根羊肠绷起来的弦线会触动人心 真是不可思议? |
[39:19] | Sigh no more,ladies | 别再叹息 姑娘们 |
[39:22] | Sigh no more | 别再叹息 |
[39:24] | Men were deceivers ever | 男子从来都是虚情假意 |
[39:29] | One foot in sea | 一脚在海里 |
[39:32] | and one on shore | 一脚却在岸堤 |
[39:35] | To one thing constant never | 向来是三心二意 |
[39:40] | Then sigh not so | 所以 不必如此悲泣 |
[39:43] | but let them go | 他们要离去 尽管离去 |
[39:46] | And be you blithe | 你们从此拥有愉悦 |
[39:49] | and bonny | 绽放美丽 |
[39:51] | Converting all your sounds of woe | 抛弃一切忧伤的记忆 |
[39:59] | Into Hey nonny,nonny | 欢唱 嗨 诺尼 诺尼! |
[40:07] | Sing no more ditties,Sing no more | 别再低声吟唱 别再唱得 |
[40:12] | Of dumps so dull and heavy | 忧郁 如此乏味无趣 |
[40:17] | The fraud of men | 男子们 |
[40:21] | was ever so | 总是薄情寡意 |
[40:23] | Since summer | 夏天一到 |
[40:26] | first was leafy | 满树绿叶 不足为奇 |
[40:28] | Then sigh not so | 所以 不必如此悲泣 |
[40:32] | but let them go | 他们要离去 尽管离去 |
[40:35] | And be you blithe and bonny | 你们从此拥有愉悦 绽放美丽 |
[40:40] | Converting all | 抛弃一切 |
[40:43] | your sounds of woe | 忧伤的记忆 |
[40:48] | Into Hey nonny,nonny | 哦 欢唱 “诺尼 诺尼!” |
[40:59] | – By my troth,a good song. – And an ill singer,my lord. | -真是一首好歌 -可是我唱得不太好 殿下 |
[41:02] | No,no,faith,thou singest well enough. | 不 真的 你唱得挺不错 |
[41:05] | An’ he had been a dog that should have howled thus,they’d have hanged him. | 倘然他是一条狗这么个叫法 他们一定会把他吊死 |
[41:14] | Come hither,Leonato. | 过来 里奥纳多 |
[41:16] | What was it you told me of today? | 您今天对我怎么说? |
[41:18] | That your niece Beatrice was in love with Signior Benedick? | 说是令侄女碧翠斯在爱慕着班尼迪克? |
[41:23] | I did never think that lady would have loved any man. | 我可没想到小姐会爱上什么人 |
[41:26] | No,nor I neither. | 是啊 我也没想到 |
[41:29] | But most wonderful that she should so dote on Signior Benedick… | 尤其想不到的是她竟会对班尼迪克这样一往情深… |
[41:33] | …whom she hath in all outward behaviors seemed ever to abhor. | 她总是把他当作冤家对头似的 |
[41:37] | Is it possible? | 有这样的事吗? |
[41:40] | Maybe she doth but counterfeit? | 也许她是假装着骗人的? |
[41:42] | Faith,like enough. | 喂 那倒也有几分可能 |
[41:44] | O,God! | 上帝啊! |
[41:46] | Counterfeit? | 假装出来的? |
[41:48] | There was never counterfeit of passion came so near the life of passion… | 我从来没有见过谁能把热情假装得… |
[41:53] | …as she discovers it. | 像她这样逼真 |
[41:56] | Why? | 啊? |
[41:59] | What effects of passion shows she? | 那么她是怎样表示她的热情的呢? |
[42:02] | Bait the hook well.This fish will bite. | 好好儿把钓钩放下去鱼儿就要吞饵了 |
[42:05] | What effects,my lord? | 怎样表示 殿下? |
[42:14] | You heard my daughter tell you how. | 你听见过我女儿怎样告诉你的 |
[42:15] | She did,indeed. | 她是这样告诉过我的 |
[42:17] | How,I pray you? | 怎么?你们说呀? |
[42:25] | You amaze me! | 你们让我好奇死了! |
[42:30] | I should think this a trick, | 倘不是这白须老头儿说的话 |
[42:32] | but that the gray-bearded fellow speaks it. | 我一定会把它当作一场诡计 |
[42:34] | Hath she made her affection known to Benedick? | 她有没有向班尼迪克示爱? |
[42:36] | No,and swears she never will.That’s her torment. | 不 她发誓永远不让他知道 这正是她痛苦的原因 |
[42:40] | She’ll be up 20 times a night… | 一夜她总要起来20次… |
[42:43] | …and there she’ll sit in her smock till she have writ a sheet of paper. | 披了一件外衣写满了一张纸再睡下去… |
[42:46] | Then down upon her knees she falls,weeps… | 她跪在地上 痛哭流涕… |
[42:50] | …sobs,beats her heart, | 哽咽着 敲打着胸口 |
[42:52] | tears her hair,curses: | 扯着她的头发 一面祈祷一面咒诅: |
[42:55] | “O sweet Benedick! | 啊 亲爱的班尼迪克! |
[42:57] | “God give me patience!” | 上帝呀 赐予我忍耐力吧 |
[43:01] | She doth indeed,my daughter says so. | 她确实这样 小女就是这样说的 |
[43:03] | My daughter is sometime afeared… | 有时候简直让我女儿提心吊胆… |
[43:05] | …that she will do a desperate outrage to herself. | 恐怕她会做出什么不顾死活的事情来 |
[43:11] | It is very true. | 这些都是千真万确的 |
[43:12] | – It were good that Benedick knew of it. – To what end? | -让班尼迪克知道也好 -有什么用处呢? |
[43:15] | He would make but a sport of it and torment the poor lady worse. | 他只会让叫这个可怜的姑娘更难堪罢了 |
[43:18] | I’m sorry for her. | 我为她而难过 |
[43:20] | I pray you,tell Benedick of it,and hear what he will say. | 我请你们 去告诉班尼迪克 听他怎么说 |
[43:24] | Were it good,think you? | 您想这样会有用处吗? |
[43:25] | Hero thinks surely she will die… | 希洛相信她迟早活不下去… |
[43:27] | …for she says she will die if he love her not… | 因为她说要是他不爱她她一定会死… |
[43:30] | …and she will die,ere she make her love known, | 可是她宁死 也不愿让他知道她爱他 |
[43:32] | and she will die,if he woo her. | 即使他向她求婚 她也宁死不屈 |
[43:36] | If she should make tender of her love,’tis very possible he’ll scorn it… | 要是她向他呈献了一片深情 多半会遭他奚落… |
[43:41] | …for the man,as you know all,hath a contemptible spirit. | 因为你们都知道 这个人的脾气是非常骄傲的 |
[44:00] | I love Benedick well… | 我很欢喜班尼迪克… |
[44:03] | …and I could wish he would modestly examine himself… | 我希望他能够平心静气反省一下… |
[44:06] | …to see how much he is unworthy… | 看看他自己多么配不上… |
[44:10] | …so good a lady. | 这么一位好姑娘 |
[44:12] | My lord,will you walk?Dinner is ready. | 殿下 请吧晚饭已经准备好了 |
[44:19] | If he do not dote on her upon this, | 要是他听见了这样的话还不爱上她 |
[44:21] | I will never trust my expectation. | 我以后再不相信我的预测 |
[44:23] | Let the same net be spread for her, | 咱们还要给她设下同样的圈套 |
[44:25] | and that must your daughter and her gentlewoman carry. | 那可要请令爱跟她的侍女多多费心 |
[44:27] | Let us send Beatrice to call him in to dinner. | 叫碧翠斯去请他进去吃饭吧 |
[44:40] | This can be no trick. | 这不会是诡计 |
[44:43] | The conference was sadly borne. | 他们谈话的神气是很严肃的 |
[44:46] | They have the truth of this from Hero. | 从希洛嘴里听到的事当然不会是假的 |
[44:53] | Love me? | 她爱上我? |
[44:56] | Why… | 哎哟… |
[44:59] | …it must be requited. | 我一定要报答她才是 |
[45:02] | I hear how I am censured. | 我已经听见他们怎样批评我 |
[45:04] | They say I will bear myself proudly if I perceive the love come from her. | 他们说要是我知道了她在爱我我一定会摆架子 |
[45:08] | They say,too,that she will rather die than give any sign of affection. | 他们又说她宁死也不愿把她的爱情表示出来 |
[45:14] | I did never think to marry. | 我从没想过要结婚 |
[45:19] | I must not seem proud. | 我一定不要摆架子 |
[45:21] | Happy are they that hear their detractions and can put them to mending. | 一个人知道了自己的短处能改过自新 就是有福的 |
[45:24] | They say the lady is fair.I can bear them witness. | 他们说这姑娘长得漂亮这是真的 我可以为他们证明 |
[45:27] | And virtuous,’tis so,I cannot reprove it. | 说她品行很好这也是事实 我不能否认 |
[45:29] | And wise,but for loving me. | 说她除了爱我以外 别的地方都是很聪明的 |
[45:32] | By my troth,it is no addition to her wit… | 其实这一件事情固然不足表示她的聪明… |
[45:35] | …nor no great argument of her folly… | 可是也不能因此反证她的愚蠢… |
[45:39] | …for I will be… | 因为就是我… |
[45:42] | …horribly in love with her. | 也要从此为她颠倒 |
[45:47] | I may chance have some odd quirks… | 也许人家会… |
[45:50] | …and remnants of wit broken on me… | 向我冷嘲热讽… |
[45:53] | …because I have railed so long against marriage. | 因为我一向都讥笑结婚的无聊 |
[45:58] | But doth not the appetite alter? | 可是难道一个人的口味是不会改变的吗? |
[46:01] | A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age. | 年轻时候喜欢吃肉也许老来一闻到肉味道就要受不了 |
[46:05] | Shall these quips and sentences and paper bullets of the brain… | 难道这种不关痛痒的舌丸唇弹… |
[46:10] | …awe a man from the career of his humor? | 就可以把人吓退 叫他放弃他的决心吗? |
[46:14] | No. | 不 |
[46:16] | The world must be peopled. | 人类是不能绝种的 |
[46:23] | When I said I would die a bachelor… | 当初我说我要一生一世做个单身汉… |
[46:26] | …I did not think I should live… | 那是因为我没有想到我会… |
[46:30] | …till I were married. | 活到结婚的一天 |
[46:33] | Here comes Beatrice! | 碧翠斯过来了! |
[46:35] | By this day,she’s a fair lady. | 今天 她真是漂亮 |
[46:41] | I do spy some… | 我可以从她脸上… |
[46:44] | …marks of love in her. | 看出她几分爱我的意思来 |
[46:57] | Against my will I am sent to bid you come in to dinner. | 他们叫我来请你进去吃饭我可是不愿意来的 |
[47:02] | Fair Beatrice. | 美丽的碧翠斯 |
[47:04] | I thank you for your pains. | 我感谢你的劳苦 |
[47:12] | I took no more pains for those thanks… | 我并没什么辛苦可以领受您的谢意… |
[47:15] | …than you take pains to thank me. | 就像您这一声多谢并没有辛苦了您 |
[47:17] | If it had been painful,I would not have come. | 要是这是一件苦差 我也不会来 |
[47:20] | You take pleasure,then,in the message? | 那么您是很乐意来叫我的吗? |
[47:23] | Yea. | 是的 |
[47:24] | Just so much as you may take upon a knife’s point. | 不过并不是太多 只有刀尖那么一点儿 |
[47:32] | You have no stomach,signior?Fare you well. | 您肚子不饿吧 先生?再见 |
[47:49] | “Against my will,I am sent… | 他们叫我来请你进去吃饭… |
[47:53] | “…to bid you come in to dinner.” | 我可是不愿意来的 |
[47:58] | There’s a double meaning in that. | 这句话里含着双关的意义 |
[48:04] | But are you sure that Benedick loves Beatrice so entirely? | 但你确定班尼迪克如此深爱碧翠斯吗? |
[48:12] | So says the prince and my new-trothed lord. | 亲王跟我的未婚夫都是这么说的 |
[48:17] | And did they bid you tell her of it,madam? | 他们有没有叫你告诉她知道 女士? |
[48:19] | They did entreat me to acquaint her of it. | 他们请我把这件事情告诉她 |
[48:22] | But I persuaded them,if they loved Benedick… | 可是我劝他们说如果他们当班尼迪克是好朋友… |
[48:24] | …to wish him wrestle with affection and never let Beatrice know. | 就应该希望他能逃离爱情不要让碧翠斯知道 |
[48:28] | Why did you so? | 您为什么对他们这样说呢? |
[48:29] | Doth he not deserve as full as fortunate a bed as Beatrice shall couch upon? | 难道这位绅士就配不上碧翠斯小姐吗? |
[48:33] | O God of love!I know he doth deserve as much as may be yielded to a man. | 爱神啊!我也知道像他品格很好 |
[48:38] | But nature never framed a woman’s heart of prouder stuff… | 可是造物主做出女人心 |
[48:40] | than that of Beatrice. | 没有一颗比得上像碧翠斯那样骄傲 |
[48:43] | Disdain and scorn ride sparkling in her eyes… | 她的眼里闪耀着轻蔑和讥嘲… |
[48:46] | …misprising what they look on,and her wit values itself so highly… | 把她所看见的一切贬得一文不值她因为自传才情… |
[48:51] | …that to her all matter else seems weak. | 所以把什么都不放在眼里 |
[48:53] | She cannot love. | 她不会恋爱 |
[48:55] | Sure,I think so. | 不错 我也是这样想 |
[48:56] | – Yet tell her of it.Hear what she will say. – No. | -可是告诉了她听听她说些什么也好 -不 |
[49:00] | Rather I will go to Benedick and counsel him to fight against his passion. | 我想还是去劝劝班尼迪克叫他斩断这一段痴情 |
[49:04] | Do not do your cousin such a wrong. | 不要做这种对不起你表姐的事 |
[49:06] | She cannot be so much without true judgment… | 她决不会糊涂到这个地步… |
[49:09] | …having so swift and excellent a wit as she is prized to have… | 人家都说她心窍玲珑… |
[49:12] | …to refuse such a gentleman as Signior Benedick. | 拒绝培班尼迪克先生那样一位难得的绅士 |
[49:15] | He is the only man of Italy. | 除了我的亲爱的克罗迪奥之外 |
[49:17] | Always excepted my dear Claudio. | 全意大利找不到第二个像他这样的人来 |
[49:19] | – When are you married,madam? – Why,every day. | -小姐 您的大喜在什么时候? -呀 每天都是 |
[49:23] | Tomorrow! | 就在明天! |
[49:32] | She’s limed,I warrant you.We have caught her,madam. | 她已经上钩了小姐 我们已经把她捉住了 |
[49:37] | If it prove so,then loving goes by haps. | 要是果然这样 那么恋爱就是一个偶然的机遇 |
[49:40] | Some Cupid kills with arrows,some with traps. | 有人被爱神用箭射中有人却自己跳进网罗 |
[49:46] | What fire is in mine ears? | 我的耳朵里怎么火一般热? |
[49:51] | Can this be true? | 这会是真的吗? |
[49:53] | Stand I condemned for pride and scorn so much? | 难道我就让他们这样批评我的骄傲和轻蔑吗? |
[49:57] | Contempt,farewell. | 别了 狂妄! |
[49:59] | And maiden pride,adieu. | 再会吧 处女的骄傲! |
[50:02] | No glory lives behind the back of such. | 人家在你的背后是不会说你好话的 |
[50:08] | And,Benedick… | 班尼迪克… |
[50:10] | …love on. | 爱下去吧 |
[50:12] | I will requite thee. | 我一定会报答你的 |
[50:15] | Taming my wild heart to thy loving hand. | 我会把我那颗狂野的心交到你手上 |
[50:18] | If thou dost love,my kindness shall incite thee… | 你要是真的爱我 我一定会对你变得温柔… |
[50:23] | …to bind our loves up in a holy band. | 鼓励你把我们的爱情用神圣的约束结合起来 |
[50:26] | For others say thou dost deserve,and I… | 人家说你值得我的爱… |
[50:31] | …believe it… | 而我… |
[50:33] | …better than reportingly. | 比人家更知道你的好处 |
[52:06] | Are you good men and true? | 你们都是老老实实的好人吗? |
[52:10] | Yea! | 是的 |
[52:13] | Being chosen for the prince’s watch… | 被选为王子的巡丁… |
[52:16] | …this is your charge. | 听好我的吩咐 |
[52:20] | You are to bid any man stand,in the prince’s name. | 你可以用王子的名义叫无任何人站住 |
[52:23] | How if he will not stand? | 要是他不肯站住呢? |
[52:27] | Why,then,take no note of him,but let him go. | 那你就不用理他让他去好了 |
[52:30] | If he will not stand when he is bidden,he is none of the prince’s subjects. | 要是喊他站住他不肯站住他就不是王子的子民 |
[52:35] | True! | 对了! |
[52:36] | And they are to meddle with none but the prince’s subjects. | 不是王爷的子民就可以不用理他们 |
[52:50] | You shall also make no noise in the streets. | 你们也不准在街上大声吵闹 |
[52:53] | We will rather sleep than talk. | 我们宁愿睡觉 不愿说话 |
[52:56] | You speak like an ancient… | 你说得真象一个老练的… |
[53:00] | …and a most quiet watchman… | 安静的巡丁… |
[53:02] | …for I cannot see how sleeping should offend. | 睡觉总是不会得罪人 |
[53:09] | If you meet a thief… | 要是你们碰见一个贼… |
[53:11] | …you may suspect him,by virtue of your office… | 按着你们的职分你们可以怀疑他… |
[53:15] | …to be no true man… | 不是个好人… |
[53:21] | …and,for such kind of men… | 对于这种家伙… |
[53:24] | …the less you meddle or make with them,why the more is for your… | 你们越是少管他们的事就越可以显出… |
[53:29] | …honesty. | 你们都是规矩的好人 |
[53:31] | You have been always called a merciful man,partner. | 伙计 你一向是个出名的好心人 |
[53:35] | Truly,I would not hang a dog by my will… | 是呀就是一条狗我也不忍把它勒死… |
[53:39] | …much more a man who hath any honesty in him. | 何况是还有几分天良的人 |
[53:42] | ‘Tis very true. | 你说得真对 |
[53:55] | Well,masters. | 好 伙计们 |
[53:58] | Good night. | 晚安! |
[53:59] | An’ there be any matter of weight chances… | 倘若有要紧的事… |
[54:04] | …call up me. | 你们就来叫我起来 |
[54:08] | Come,neighbor. | 好 弟兄们 |
[54:12] | We hear our charge. | 我们已经听见长官吩咐我们的话 |
[54:14] | Let us sit here upon the bench till 2:00,and then all to bed. | 让我们就在这坐下来等到2点 大家就回去睡觉 |
[54:21] | One word more,honest neighbors. | 好伙计们 还有一句话 |
[54:23] | I pray you watch about Signior Leonato’s door… | 请你们留意里里奥纳多先生的门口… |
[54:26] | …for the wedding being there tomorrow,there is a great coil tonight. | 因为他家里明天有喜事今晚十分忙乱 |
[54:32] | Adieu. | 再见 |
[54:34] | Be vigitant,I beseech you. | 千万留心点儿 |
[55:14] | It is so. | 果然是这样 |
[55:16] | The Count Claudio shall marry the daughter of Leonato. | 克罗迪奥伯爵要跟里奥纳多的女儿结婚了 |
[55:19] | Yea,my lord,but I can cross it. | 是的 爵爷 可是我有法子破坏他们 |
[55:21] | Any bar,any cross,a | 无论什么破坏 阻挠 |
[55:23] | ny impediment will be medicinable to me. | 捣乱的手段都可以替我消一消心头的闷气 |
[55:26] | I am sick in displeasure to him… | 我把他恨之入骨… |
[55:28] | …and whatsoever comes athwart his affection ranges evenly with mine. | 只要能够打破他的恋爱美梦 我会不惜一切代价 |
[55:32] | How canst thou cross this marriage? | 你想怎样破坏他们的婚姻呢? |
[55:33] | Not honestly,my lord,but so covertly that no dishonesty shall appear in me. | 不正当的手段 爵爷 可是我会把事情干得十分周密 |
[55:39] | Show me briefly how. | 把你的计策简单告诉我一下 |
[55:40] | I think I told your lordship a year since,how much I am in the favor of Margaret… | 我想在一年前 就告诉过你我跟玛格利特相好了… |
[55:44] | – …the waiting gentlewoman to Hero. – I remember. | -她是希洛的侍女 -我记得 |
[55:47] | I can,at any unseasonable instant of the night… | 我可以约她在夜静更深的时候… |
[55:50] | …appoint her to look out at her lady’s chamber window. | 在她小姐闺房里的窗口等我 |
[55:53] | What life is in that to be the death of this marriage? | 这又怎么可以把他们的婚姻破坏了呢? |
[55:55] | Well,the poison of that lies in you to temper. | 毒药是要您自己配合起来的 |
[56:29] | Gallants. | 先生们 |
[56:31] | I am not… | 我不再… |
[56:32] | …as I have been. | 是以前那个我了 |
[56:34] | So say I. | 我也这么认为 |
[56:36] | Methinks you are sadder. | 我觉得你更可怜了 |
[56:40] | I hope he be in love. | 我觉得他恋爱了 |
[56:44] | Old signior,walk aside with me. | 老先生 跟我来 |
[56:45] | I have studied some wise words to speak to you… | 我有些事像请教你… |
[56:48] | …which these hobby-horses must not hear. | 你可不能听信这些闲言闲语 |
[56:55] | For my life,to break with him about Beatrice. | 我敢保证一定是关于他与碧翠斯的好事 |
[56:59] | My lord and brother,God save you. | 上帝保佑您 王兄! |
[57:03] | Good e’en,brother. | 你好 王弟 |
[57:04] | If your leisure served,I would speak with you. | 您要是有时间的话我想跟您谈谈 |
[57:06] | In private? | 不能让别人听见吗? |
[57:08] | If it please you.Yet Claudio may hear. | 是 不过克罗迪奥伯爵可以听 |
[57:09] | What I’d speak of concerns him. | 因为我要说的正是他的事 |
[57:11] | What’s the matter? | 是什么事? |
[57:19] | You may think I love you not. | 你也许以为我对您有点儿过不去 |
[57:22] | Let that appear hereafter,and aim better at me by that I now will manifest. | 我希望你听了我打算告诉你的话之后 能对我改观 |
[57:27] | – Means your lordship to be married tomorrow? – You know he does. | -大人预备在明天结婚吗? -那你早就知道了 |
[57:30] | I know not that,when he knows what I know. | 要是他知道了我所知道的事 那就难说了 |
[57:58] | Hero! | 希洛! |
[58:07] | The lady is disloyal. | 这位小姐是不贞洁的 |
[58:09] | If you love her now,tomorrow wed her. | 要是仍旧爱她那么明天就跟她结婚吧 |
[58:12] | But it would better fit your honor to change your mind. | 可是为了你的名誉起见 还是改变你的心意吧 |
[58:32] | Conrade! | 康拉德! |
[58:36] | What,Conrade! | 喂 康拉德! |
[58:37] | Conrade,I say. | 喂 康拉德! |
[58:39] | Here,man,I am at thy elbow. | 这儿 朋友 我就在你身边 |
[58:41] | Mass,and my elbow itched,I thought there would a scab follow. | 他妈的!怪不得我身上痒原来有一额疯疥在我身边 |
[58:47] | I will owe thee an answer for that. | 等会儿再跟你算账 |
[58:51] | And now forward with thy tale. | 现在还是先讲你的故事吧 |
[58:53] | – Sit close,then. – Some treason,masters. | -那就坐近一点 -弟兄们 一定有阴谋 |
[58:56] | I know him! | 我认得他! |
[58:58] | I have,tonight,wooed Margaret… | 我今晚去跟玛格利特幽会 |
[59:02] | …the Lady Hero’s gentlewoman… | 希洛小姐的侍女… |
[59:05] | …by the name of Hero. | 我把她叫做希洛 |
[59:09] | I shall first tell thee how the prince,Claudio,and my master… | 我该先告诉你 王子克罗迪奥和我的主人… |
[59:14] | …planted by my master,Don John… | 由我那主人唐·约翰一手策划… |
[59:17] | …saw this… | 瞧见… |
[59:19] | …amiable encounter. | 我们这一场幽会 |
[59:22] | And thought they Margaret was Hero? | 他们都以为玛格利特就是希洛吗? |
[59:24] | Aye,and away went Claudio,enraged. | 是的 惹得那克罗迪奥一怒而去 |
[59:29] | We charge you,in the prince’s name,stand! | 我们用王子的名义命令你们站住! |
[59:33] | Call up the right master constable. | 去把巡官叫起来 |
[59:35] | We have here recovered… | 我们刚破获了 |
[59:38] | …the most dangerous piece of lechery that was ever known in the commonwealth. | 一件有史以来最危险的奸淫案子 |
[59:42] | – Masters! – Never speak. | -主人! -闭嘴 |
[1:00:02] | There,sir. | 这边 先生 |
[1:00:06] | What would you with me,neighbors? | 朋友 你有什么事要对我说? |
[1:00:07] | Sir,our watch tonight,excepting your worship’s presence… | 今天晚上我们的巡丁… |
[1:00:10] | …hath ta’en a couple of as arrant knaves as any in Messina. | 捉到了墨西拿两个最坏的人 |
[1:00:15] | A good old man,sir.He will be talking. | 老爷 他是个很好的老头子 |
[1:00:17] | As they say,when the age is in,the wit is out. | 人家说的年纪一老 人也变糊涂 |
[1:00:22] | Well said,i’ faith,neighbor Verges. | 说得好 真的弗吉斯伙计 |
[1:00:27] | Well,God’s a good man. | 喂 上帝是个好人 |
[1:00:29] | An’ two men ride of a horse,one must ride behind. | 两个人骑一匹马 总有一个人在后面 |
[1:00:33] | All men are not alike,alas,good neighbor. | 世上有好人也就有坏人 唉!好伙计 |
[1:00:35] | Indeed,neighbor,he comes too short of you. | 事实上 伙计 你怎样都差上一截 |
[1:00:38] | Gifts that God gives! | 这也是上帝的恩典! |
[1:00:42] | Neighbors,you are tedious. | 两位老乡 你们缠绕的本领可真不小啊 |
[1:00:45] | It pleases your worship to say so… | 承蒙您老夸奖… |
[1:00:48] | …but we are the poor duke’s officers. | 不过我们都是公爵手下可怜的小兵 |
[1:00:51] | But truly,for mine own part, | 可是说真的 拿我自个儿来说 |
[1:00:53] | if I were as tedious as a king… | 要是我的本领有君王那样大… |
[1:00:55] | …I could find in my heart to bestow it all… | 我一定舍得拿来一古脑儿 |
[1:01:00] | …on your worship. | 全传给您老 |
[1:01:03] | All thy tediousness on me? | 把你的缠绕的本领全传给我? |
[1:01:10] | I would fain know what you have to say. | 我最满意的是你们有话就快说出来 |
[1:01:15] | Our watch,sir,have indeed comprehended two auspicious persons… | 我们的巡丁真的捉住了两个形迹可疑的人 |
[1:01:19] | …and we would this morning have them examined before your worship. | 我们想在今天当着您面前把他们审问一下 |
[1:01:22] | Take their examination yourself,and bring it me. | 你们自己去审问吧有结果再来告诉我 |
[1:01:25] | I am now in great haste,as it may appear unto you. | 我现在忙得不得了 你们也一定可以看得出来的 |
[1:01:31] | Drink some wine ere you go. | 你们喝点儿酒再走 |
[1:01:37] | We are now to examination these men. | 我们现在就去审问他们 |
[1:01:41] | Meet me at the jail. | 咱们在监牢里会面吧 |
[1:02:41] | You come hither,my lord,to marry this lady. | 爵爷 您到这儿来是要跟这位小姐举行婚礼的吗 |
[1:02:44] | No. | 不 |
[1:02:48] | To be married to her. | 他是来跟她结婚的 |
[1:02:50] | You come to marry her. | 您才是给她举行婚礼的人 |
[1:02:54] | Lady… | 小姐… |
[1:02:55] | …you come hither to be married to this count. | 您到这儿来是要跟这位伯爵结婚吗 |
[1:02:59] | I do. | 是的 |
[1:03:01] | If either of you have any inward impediment why you should not be conjoined… | 要是你们两人有谁知道有什么阻碍 |
[1:03:06] | …I charge you,on your souls,to utter it. | 那么为了免去你们灵魂的责罚我命令你们说出来 |
[1:03:09] | – Know you any,Hero? – None,my lord. | -你知道有没有 希洛? -没有 我的主 |
[1:03:13] | – Know you any,count? – I dare make his answer,none. | -伯爵 您知道有没有? -我敢替他回答 没有 |
[1:03:16] | Stand thee by,friar. | 神父 请你站在一旁 |
[1:03:20] | Father,by your leave… | 老人家 对不起… |
[1:03:22] | …will you,with free,unconstrained soul,give me this maid,your daughter? | 您愿意这样慷慨地把这位姑娘您的女儿 给我吗? |
[1:03:26] | As freely,son,as God did give her me. | 是的 贤婿 正像上帝把她给我的时候一样慷慨 |
[1:03:29] | And what have I to give you back,whose worth may counterpoise this… | 我该拿什么来报答您它的价值可以抵得过… |
[1:03:33] | …rich… | 一件”如此贵重” |
[1:03:35] | …and precious gift? | 的礼物呢? |
[1:03:36] | Nothing,unless you render her again. | 用什么都不行除非把她仍旧还给他 |
[1:03:39] | Sweet prince,you learn me noble thankfulness. | 好殿下 您已经教会我表示感谢的最得体的方法了 |
[1:03:44] | There,Leonato,take her back again! | 里奥纳多把她拿回去吧 |
[1:03:48] | Give not this rotten orange to your friend. | 不要把这只坏橘子送给你的朋友 |
[1:03:51] | She’s but the sign and semblance of her honor. | 她只是外表上像一个贞洁的女人罢了 |
[1:03:57] | Behold how like a maid she blushes here! | 她害羞的样子多像一个无邪的少女 |
[1:04:00] | Would you not swear… | 你们大家看见她这种表面上的做作… |
[1:04:02] | …all you that see her,that she were a maid,by these exterior shows? | 不是都会发誓说她是个处女吗? |
[1:04:05] | But she is none! | 可是她已经不是一个处女了 |
[1:04:08] | She knows the heat… | 她已经领略过了 |
[1:04:10] | …of a luxurious bed! | 枕席上的风情 |
[1:04:12] | – What do you mean,my lord? – Not to be married… | -爵爷 您这是什么意思 -我不要结婚… |
[1:04:16] | …not to knit my soul to an approved wanton. | 不要把我的灵魂跟一个声名狼藉的淫妇结合在一起 |
[1:04:19] | No! | 不! |
[1:04:23] | Dear my lord… | 爵爷 |
[1:04:25] | …if you,in your own proof… | 要是照您这样说来 |
[1:04:28] | …have vanquished the resistance of her youth… | 您因为她年幼可欺… |
[1:04:31] | …and made defeat of her virginity… – No,Leonato! | -已经破坏了她的贞操… -不 里奥纳多! |
[1:04:36] | I never tempted her with word too large. | 我从来不曾用甜言蜜语来引诱她 |
[1:04:42] | But… | 我只是 |
[1:04:43] | …as a brother to his sister… | 像一个兄长对待妹妹那样… |
[1:04:46] | …showed bashful sincerity and comely love. | 表示着纯洁的真诚和合礼的情爱 |
[1:04:49] | And seemed I ever otherwise to you? | 您看我对您不也正是这样吗? |
[1:04:52] | You seem to me as Dian in her orb. | 我以为你像月亮里的狄安娜女神一样纯洁 |
[1:04:56] | But you are more intemperate in your blood than Venus… | 可是你却像维纳斯一样… |
[1:05:02] | …or those pampered animals… | 像纵欲的禽兽一样… |
[1:05:04] | …that rage in savage sensuality. | 放荡无耻 |
[1:05:09] | Is my lord well,that he doth speak so wide? | 老天爷 怎么他会讲起这种荒唐的话来? |
[1:05:11] | – Sweet prince,why speak not you? – What should I speak? | -好殿下 您怎么不说句话? -叫我说些什么呢? |
[1:05:15] | I stand dishonored,that have gone about to link my dear friend to a common stale. | 我竭力撮合我的好朋友和一个淫妇 我的脸也丢尽 |
[1:05:21] | No! | 不! |
[1:05:23] | What man was he talked with you yesternight… | 昨天晚上在12点到1点之间… |
[1:05:27] | …out at your window betwixt 12:00 and 1:00? | 在你的窗口跟你谈话的那个男人是谁? |
[1:05:29] | I talk’d with no man at that hour,my lord. | 爵爷 我那时不曾跟什么男人谈过话 |
[1:05:33] | Why,then you are no maiden. | 哎呀 你已经不是处女了 |
[1:05:35] | Leonato,I’m sorry you must hear. | 里奥纳多 我很抱歉要让你知道这一件事 |
[1:05:37] | Upon mine honor,myself,my brother and this grieved count did see her… | 凭着我的名誉起誓 我我的王弟和这位受人欺骗的伯爵 |
[1:05:42] | …hear her,at that hour last night… | 昨天晚上在那个时候的的确确看见她… |
[1:05:46] | …talk with a ruffian at her chamber-window who hath indeed,most like a liberal villain… | 也听见她在她卧室的窗口跟一个混账东西谈话 |
[1:05:50] | …confessed the vile encounters they have had 1,000 times in secret. | 那家伙已经亲口招认他们已经幽会过许多次 |
[1:05:57] | How now,cousin! | 怎会那样 表妹! |
[1:05:59] | Come,let us go. | 来 我们走吧 |
[1:06:01] | These things,come thus to light,smother her spirits up. | 她因为隐事给人揭发一时差愧交集 所以昏过去了 |
[1:06:04] | Cousin,wherefore sink you down? | 表妹!你怎么倒下去啦? |
[1:06:14] | Hath no man’s dagger here… | 这儿谁有刀子可以借给我 |
[1:06:17] | …a point for me? | 让我刺在我自己的心里? |
[1:06:25] | Do not live,Hero! | 去死吧 希洛 |
[1:06:28] | Do not ope thine eyes! | 不要睁开你的眼睛 |
[1:06:32] | Hero! | 希洛 |
[1:06:35] | Grieved I,I had but one? | 你以为我只有你这一个孩子我会因为失去你而悲伤吗? |
[1:06:38] | Why had I one? | 为什么我要有这么一个孩子呢? |
[1:06:40] | Why ever wast thou lovely in my eyes? | 为什么你在我的眼睛里是这么可爱呢? |
[1:06:45] | Leonato! | 里奥纳多! |
[1:06:46] | – She is fallen into a pit of ink. – Sir,be patient. | -她现在陷入了污泥里 -先生 冷静点 |
[1:06:52] | For my part,I am so attired in wonder,I know not what to say. | 我瞧着这一切 简直是莫名其妙不知道该说什么好 |
[1:06:56] | On my soul,my cousin is belied! | 我敢赌咒我的妹妹是给他们冤枉的! |
[1:06:59] | Lady,were you her bedfellow last night? | 小姐 您昨天晚上跟她睡在一个床上吗? |
[1:07:01] | No,truly not,although,until last night,I have this twelvemonth been her bedfellow. | 那倒没有 虽然在昨晚之前我跟她已经同床睡了一年 |
[1:07:05] | Confirmed! | 证实了! |
[1:07:08] | Would the two princes lie,and Claudio lie? | 难道亲王兄弟两人和克罗迪奥是说谎的吗? |
[1:07:13] | Hence from her!Let her die! | 别理她!让她死吧! |
[1:07:18] | Hear me a little. | 听我讲几句话 |
[1:07:20] | Lady,what man is he you are accused of? | 小姐 他们说你跟什么人私通? |
[1:07:24] | They know that do accuse me.I know none. | 他们这样说我他们一定知道 我可不知道 |
[1:07:27] | There is some strange misprision in the princes. | 亲王们一定有些误会了 |
[1:07:30] | Two of them have the very bent of honor. | 他们中间有两个人是正人君子 |
[1:07:33] | If their wisdom’s been misled in this,the practice of it lives in John the bastard. | 要是他们这次受蒙骗一定是约翰那坏小子弄的诡计 |
[1:07:37] | If they wrong her honor,the proudest of them shall well hear of it. | 要是诽谤了她的名誉我要跟他们中最尊贵的人拼命去 |
[1:07:41] | Pause awhile,and let my counsel sway you in this case. | 且慢 在这件事情上请您还是听从我的劝告 |
[1:07:46] | Your daughter here the princes left for dead. | 亲王们离开这儿时以为您女儿已经死了 |
[1:07:50] | Let her awhile be secretly kept in,and publish it… | 现在不妨暂时叫她深居简出… |
[1:07:54] | …that she is dead indeed. | 向外面宣布说她真的死了 |
[1:07:57] | What shall become of this? | 这样做有什么好处呢? |
[1:07:59] | She dying,as it must be so maintained… | 人家听说她一听到这种诽谤… |
[1:08:03] | …upon the instant that she was accused… | 立刻气得羞耻至死… |
[1:08:05] | …shall be lamented,pitied… | 一定都会悲悼她 可怜她 |
[1:08:09] | …and excused of every hearer. | 从而原谅她 |
[1:08:12] | So will it fare with Claudio. | 克罗迪奥一定也会这样 |
[1:08:14] | When he shall hear she died upon his words… | 当他听到了 他的无情的言语… |
[1:08:18] | …the idea of her life… | 已经致希洛于死地的时候… |
[1:08:20] | …shall sweetly creep into his study of imagination… | 他脑海中一定会浮现她生前可爱的影子… |
[1:08:24] | …and every lovely organ of her life… | 她的生命中的每一部分… |
[1:08:27] | …shall come appareled in more precious habit,than when she lived indeed. | 都会在他的心目中变得比活在世上的她格外值得珍贵 |
[1:08:33] | Then shall he mourn… | 那时他一定会悲伤哀叹 |
[1:08:36] | …and wish he had not so accused her. | 后悔不该给她这样大的难堪 |
[1:08:39] | Signior Leonato,let the friar advise you. | 里奥纳多先生听从这位神父的话吧 |
[1:08:43] | Being that I flow in grief… | 我已经伤心得毫无主意了… |
[1:08:47] | …the smallest twine may lead me. | 你们用一很小草绳都可以牵着我走 |
[1:08:51] | ‘Tis well consented. | 那么您已经答应了 |
[1:08:54] | Presently away. | 立刻去吧 |
[1:08:56] | Come,lady. | 来 小姐 |
[1:08:59] | Die to live. | 你必须死里求生 |
[1:09:01] | This wedding-day perhaps is but prolonged. | 今天的婚礼也许不过是暂时的延期 |
[1:09:04] | Have patience and endure. | 你耐心忍着吧 |
[1:09:34] | Lady Beatrice,have you wept all this while? | 碧翠斯小姐你一直在哭吗? |
[1:09:36] | Yea… | 是… |
[1:09:38] | …and I will weep a while longer. – I will not desire that. | -我还要哭下去 -我希望你不要这样 |
[1:09:41] | You have no reason.I do it freely. | 您有什么理由?是我自己愿意这样的 |
[1:09:44] | Surely I do believe your fair cousin is wronged. | 我相信令妹一定被冤枉的 |
[1:09:47] | How much might the man deserve of me that would right her! | 要是有人能替她伸雪冤枉我才愿意跟他做朋友! |
[1:09:51] | Is there any way to show such friendship? | 有没有可以表示这一种友谊的方法? |
[1:09:53] | A very even way,but no such friend. | 有直接爽快的方法可惜没有这样的朋友 |
[1:09:56] | May a man do it? | 可以让一个人试试吗? |
[1:09:58] | It is a man’s office… | 那是一个男子汉做的事情… |
[1:10:00] | …but not yours. | 可不是你做的事情 |
[1:10:03] | I do love nothing in the world so well as you. | 您是我在这世上最爱的人 |
[1:10:09] | Is not that strange? | 这不是很奇怪吗? |
[1:10:12] | As strange as the thing I know not. | 就像我从不知道的事情一样奇怪 |
[1:10:16] | It were as possible for me to say I loved nothing so well as you. | 我也可以说您是我在这世上最爱的人 |
[1:10:21] | But believe me not. | 可是别信我 |
[1:10:24] | And yet I lie not. | 虽然我没有说假话 |
[1:10:26] | I confess nothing,nor I deny nothing. | 我什么也不承认什么也不否认 |
[1:10:29] | I am sorry for my cousin. | 我只是为我的表妹伤心 |
[1:10:30] | By my sword,Beatrice,thou lovest me. | 碧翠斯 凭着我的宝剑起誓 你是爱我的 |
[1:10:33] | Do not swear,and eat it. | 发了这样的誓是不能反悔的 |
[1:10:36] | I will swear by it that you love me, | 我愿意凭我的剑发誓你爱着我 |
[1:10:38] | and I will make him eat it that says I love not you. | 谁要是说我不爱你我就叫他吃我一剑 |
[1:10:41] | Why,then,God forgive me! | 那么上帝恕我! |
[1:10:43] | What offence,sweet Beatrice? | 亲爱的碧翠斯你犯了什么罪过? |
[1:10:46] | You have stayed me in a happy hour. | 您刚好打断了我的话头 |
[1:10:49] | I was about to protest I loved you. | 我正要说我也爱着您呢 |
[1:10:50] | And do it with all thy heart. | 那就请你用全心全意地说出来 |
[1:10:53] | I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest. | 我用整个心儿爱着您简直分不出一部分来向您诉说 |
[1:11:03] | Come. | 来 |
[1:11:05] | Bid me do anything for thee. | 吩咐我为你做任何事 |
[1:11:10] | Kill Claudio. | 杀死克罗迪奥 |
[1:11:16] | Not for the wide world. | 那可办不到 |
[1:11:21] | You kill me to deny it. | 您拒绝我就等于杀了我 |
[1:11:24] | – Fare thee well. – Tarry,sweet Beatrice. | -再见 -等一等 亲爱的碧翠斯 |
[1:11:25] | I am gone,though I am here. | 我人在这里 我的心也不在这里 |
[1:11:27] | There is no love in you. | 您没有一点真情 |
[1:11:29] | – Nay,I pray you,let me go. – Beatrice! | -请你还是放我走吧 -碧翠斯! |
[1:11:30] | – In faith,I will go. – We’ll be friends first. | -真的 我要去啦 -让我们先言归于好 |
[1:11:33] | You dare easier be friends with me than fight with mine enemy. | 你愿意跟我做朋友 却不敢跟我的敌人决斗 |
[1:11:37] | Is Claudio thine enemy? | 克罗迪奥是你的敌人吗? |
[1:11:38] | Is he not approved in the height a villain… | 他不是已经充分证明是一个恶人… |
[1:11:41] | …that hath slandered,scorned,dishonored my kinswoman? | 把我的表妹这样横加诬蔑信口毁谤 破坏她的名誉? |
[1:11:45] | O,that I were a man! | 噢!我但愿自己是一个男人! |
[1:11:47] | What… | 嘿… |
[1:11:49] | …bear her in hand until they come to take hands… | 不动声色地搀着她的手… |
[1:11:52] | …and then,with public accusation… | 直等到将要握手成礼的时候… |
[1:11:55] | …uncovered slander,unmitigated rancor… | 才翻过脸来当众宣布他的恶毒的谣言… |
[1:11:58] | O God,that I were a man! | 上帝啊但愿我是个男人! |
[1:12:01] | I would eat his heart in the marketplace! | 我要在集会上吃下他的心 |
[1:12:04] | Hear me,Beatrice. | 听我说 碧翠斯 |
[1:12:07] | Talk with a man out at a window. | 跟一个男人在窗口讲话 |
[1:12:10] | – A proper saying! – Nay,but,Beatrice… | -说得真好听 -可是 碧翠斯… |
[1:12:13] | Sweet Hero. | 亲爱的希洛 |
[1:12:16] | She is wronged,she is slandered… | 她负屈含冤… |
[1:12:20] | …she is undone! | 她的一生从此完了 |
[1:12:23] | He is now as valiant as Hercules that only tells a lie and swears it. | 谁能造最大的谣言拿谣言来赌咒谁就是个英雄好汉 |
[1:12:32] | I cannot be a man with wishing… | 我既然不能凭着我的愿望变成一个男子… |
[1:12:37] | …therefore I will die a woman with grieving. | 所以我只好做个女人在伤心中死去 |
[1:12:41] | By this hand,I love thee. | 我举手为誓 我爱你 |
[1:12:44] | Use it for my love some other way than swearing by it. | 那么把您的手用在比发誓更有意义的地方吧 |
[1:12:48] | Think you in your soul… | 凭着你的良心 |
[1:12:49] | the Count Claudio hath wronged Hero? | 你以为克罗迪奥伯爵真的冤枉了希洛吗? |
[1:12:53] | Yea. | 是的 |
[1:12:55] | As sure as I have a thought… | 我确定我有思想… |
[1:12:58] | …or a soul. | 或者说 我有灵魂 |
[1:13:03] | Enough. | 够了! |
[1:13:05] | I am engaged. | 我知道怎样做了 |
[1:13:08] | I will challenge him. | 我会质疑他 |
[1:13:11] | Go. | 去吧 |
[1:13:14] | Comfort your cousin. | 安慰你的表妹 |
[1:13:17] | I must say she is dead. | 我必须说她已经死了 |
[1:13:20] | And so… | 还有… |
[1:13:22] | …farewell. | 再见了 |
[1:14:09] | Is our whole dissembly appeared? | 全部人都到齐了吗? |
[1:14:14] | Which be the malefactors? | 谁来控告罪犯? |
[1:14:16] | Marry,that am I… | 是我和 |
[1:14:18] | …and my partner. | 我的伙伴 |
[1:14:19] | But which are the offenders that are to be examined? | 谁是被审判的罪犯? |
[1:14:30] | What is your name,friend? | 你叫什么名字? |
[1:14:32] | Borachio. | 波拉奇欧 |
[1:14:37] | Write down,Borachio. | 记好 波拉奇欧 |
[1:14:43] | – Yours,sirrah? – I am a gentleman,sir. | -你呢? -我是一位绅士 |
[1:14:47] | And my name is Conrade. | 我叫康拉德 |
[1:14:50] | Write down,master gentleman Conrade. | 记好 康拉德绅士 |
[1:14:54] | Masters,it is proved already that you are… | 绅士你好 现在证明你是… |
[1:14:57] | …little better than false knaves. | 犯了欺诈罪的流氓 |
[1:15:01] | How answer you for yourselves? | 你有什么回应? |
[1:15:03] | Marry,sir… | 先生 没有… |
[1:15:04] | …we say we are none. | 我们什么也没做 |
[1:15:09] | You. | 你 |
[1:15:10] | Sir,I say to you,we are none. | 我说我们什么也没做过 |
[1:15:14] | Have you writ down,they are none? | 你记下了他们什么也没做过吗? |
[1:15:16] | Master constable,you go not the way to examine. | 长官 你根本不会审问人 |
[1:15:19] | You must call forth the watch that are their accusers. | 你必须找来原告和目击者 |
[1:15:24] | Let the watch come forth. | 目击者准备 |
[1:15:25] | Masters,I charge you,in the prince’s name,accuse these men. | 先生们在王子的名义下 控告这些人 |
[1:15:30] | This man said,sir,that Don John,the prince’s brother,was a villain. | 这个男人说王子的弟弟唐·约翰是坏人 |
[1:15:35] | – Write down Prince John a villain. – Master constable. | -记下约翰王子是坏人 -先生 |
[1:15:40] | Pray thee,fellow,peace. | 伙计 安静点 |
[1:15:43] | I do not like thy look,I promise thee. | 我不喜欢你的样子 |
[1:15:48] | – What heard you him say else? – Marry. | -你还听见了什么 -还有 |
[1:15:51] | That he had received 1,000 ducats of Don John… | 他接受了唐·约翰1000达克达(货币) |
[1:15:53] | …for accusing the Lady Hero wrongfully. | 为了让人们误会希洛 |
[1:15:56] | – Flat burglary as ever was committed. – Yea,by mass,that it is. | -他们已经承认了入屋行窃 -大概是这样的意思 |
[1:16:00] | – What else? – And that Count Claudio did mean… | -还有呢? -他欺骗了克罗迪奥 |
[1:16:03] | …upon his words… | 令他在大家面前侮辱希洛 |
[1:16:04] | …to disgrace Hero before the whole assembly,and not marry her. | 并拒绝娶她 |
[1:16:08] | Thou wilt be condemned into everlasting redemption for this. | 你现在的畏缩会酿成永远的错误 |
[1:16:15] | – What else? – This is all. | -还有呢? -没有了 |
[1:16:17] | Prince John is,this morning,secretly stolen away. | 约翰王子在早上愉偷跑了 |
[1:16:21] | Hero was in this manner accused,in this very manner refused… | 希洛受到拒绝后 |
[1:16:26] | …and upon the grief of this,suddenly died. | 承受不住巨大的悲伤突然死了 |
[1:16:30] | Master constable… | 长官… |
[1:16:32] | …let these men be bound,and brought to Leonato’s. | 带这些人到里奥纳多那里去 |
[1:16:39] | – Come,let them be opinioned. – Let them be in the hands… | -让他们评理去 -让他们来处理吧… |
[1:16:45] | Off,coxcomb! | 去死吧 无赖 |
[1:16:48] | God’s my life,where’s the Sexton? | 上帝是我的生命 教堂司事在哪里? |
[1:16:51] | Let him write down the prince’s officer coxcomb. | 让他来写下王子的无赖随从的罪状 |
[1:16:56] | Come,bind them.Thou naughty varlet! | 来 绑起他们 你们这些淘气的仆人 |
[1:17:00] | Away!You are an ass! | 走开!你这蠢驴! |
[1:17:04] | You are an ass! | 你是蠢驴 |
[1:17:23] | Dost thou not suspect my place? | 你在怀疑我的地位? |
[1:17:26] | Dost thou not suspect my years? | 你在怀疑我多年来的业绩吗? |
[1:17:29] | O that he were here to write me down an ass! | 他说我是蠢驴 不要忘了! |
[1:17:32] | But,masters,remember,I am an ass. | 先生们 记住了 我是蠢驴 |
[1:17:36] | Though it be not written down,forget not that I am an ass. | 虽然没有写下来 别忘了我是流氓 |
[1:17:50] | If you go on thus,you will kill yourself. | 如果你继续这样 你会被气死的 |
[1:17:53] | Bring me a father that so loved his child… | 你找一个这样爱孩子的父亲 |
[1:17:57] | …whose joy of her is overwhelmed like mine,and bid him speak of patience. | 象我一样 孩子的快乐遭遇打击了 但却叫他要忍耐 |
[1:18:01] | But there is no such man. | 可是根本就没有这种人 |
[1:18:04] | For,brother, | 因为 我的兄弟 |
[1:18:05] | men can counsel and speak comfort to that grief… | 人们只会劝说并说些安慰的话… |
[1:18:07] | …which they themselves not feel. | 对于那些他们自己感受不到的悲痛 |
[1:18:09] | But,tasting it, | 但是 一旦他们也经受了 |
[1:18:10] | their counsel turns to passion. | 他们的劝说就会变成把痛苦 |
[1:18:13] | – But… – I pray thee,peace. | -但是 -我求你 别说了 |
[1:18:15] | I will be flesh and blood… | 我的血都要倒流了 |
[1:18:17] | …for there was never yet philosopher that could endure the toothache patiently. | 因为从来也没有一个哲学家能有毅力忍受自己的牙痛 |
[1:18:21] | Yet bend not all the harm upon yourself. | 但是不要把所有的伤害都揽在自己身上 |
[1:18:23] | Make those that do offend you suffer,too. | 叫那些使你受苦的人也受苦 |
[1:18:27] | There thou speakest reason.Nay,I will do so. | 你说得太对了 我会这么做的 |
[1:18:31] | My soul doth tell me Hero is belied… | 我的直觉告诉我希洛是受冤枉的 |
[1:18:33] | …and that shall Claudio know,so shall the prince… | 应该让克罗迪奥知道 还有王子 |
[1:18:35] | …and all of them that thus dishonor her. | 所有使她蒙羞的人 |
[1:18:37] | Here comes the prince and Claudio hastily. | 王子和克罗迪奥急冲冲赶过来了 |
[1:18:41] | – Good e’en. – Good day to both of you. | 一好 -向你们祝好 |
[1:18:43] | Hear you,my lords… | 请听我说 殿下 |
[1:18:44] | – We have some haste. – Some haste,my lord! | -我们赶时间 -时间是不多了 殿下! |
[1:18:47] | Well,fare you well,my lord. | 那好 再见了 殿下 |
[1:18:49] | Are you so hasty now?Well,all is one. | 你们这么赶时间吗?好 我长话短说 |
[1:18:51] | Nay,do not quarrel with us,good man. | 不 仁慈的先生 请不要和我争吵 |
[1:18:53] | If he could right himself with quarrelling,we would lie low. | 如果争吵能证明他是对的 我们就闭嘴 |
[1:18:56] | Who wrongs him? | 谁惹他了? |
[1:18:57] | Marry,thou dost wrong me,thou dissembler,thou. | 哎 你惹我了 你这个伪君子 就是你 |
[1:18:59] | Nay,never lay thy hand upon thy sword.I fear thee not. | 不 决不要把手在放剑上 我可不怕你 |
[1:19:02] | Marry,beshrew my hand, | 哎呀 如果这样会令你老害怕的话 |
[1:19:04] | if it should give your age such cause of fear. | 那就诅咒我的手吧 |
[1:19:06] | In faith,my hand meant nothing to my sword. | 其实 我的手并没有要拔剑 |
[1:19:08] | Tush,tush,man,never fleer and jest at me. | 呸 得了 小伙子 不要嘲弄我了 |
[1:19:11] | I speak not like a dotard nor a fool. | 我并不是老年痴呆 也不是傻瓜 |
[1:19:14] | I say thou has belied mine innocent child. | 你冤枉我那无辜的孩子了 |
[1:19:15] | You say not right,old man. | 老人家 我没有这个意思 |
[1:19:18] | My lord,I’ll prove it on his body,if he dare. | 殿下 他要是有胆量 我跟他决斗 |
[1:19:20] | Away!I will not have to do with you! | 走开!我不会像你一样疯狂! |
[1:19:24] | Canst thou so daff me? | 你竟然敢推开我? |
[1:19:27] | Thou hast killed my child! | 是你害死了我的孩子 |
[1:19:29] | If thou kill’st me,boy,thou shalt kill a man. | 如果你把我也杀了 孩子 你才算条汉子 |
[1:19:33] | He shall kill two of us,and men indeed. | 他要把我们两个都杀了才行 |
[1:19:36] | But that’s no matter,let him kill one first. | 不过没关系 他要先杀了我们中的一个再说 |
[1:19:39] | I’ll whip you from your foining fence.Yea,as I am a gentleman,I will. | 我会一剑击败你 是的 我是大丈夫 说话算数 |
[1:19:42] | – Brother… – Content yourself. | -兄弟 -你放心 |
[1:19:45] | God knows I loved my niece. | 天知道我有多爱我的侄女… |
[1:19:48] | And she is dead… | 现在她死了 |
[1:19:50] | …slandered to death by villains… | 被两个流氓诽谤至死… |
[1:19:51] | …scrambling,outfacing,fashion-monging boys… | 被这些公子哥儿们玩弄… |
[1:19:55] | …that lie,and cog… | 谎言和欺骗 |
[1:19:58] | …and flout,deprave and slander… – Brother Antony. | -嘲弄 堕落和诽谤 -安东尼兄弟 |
[1:20:01] | ‘Tis no matter.Do not you meddle.Let me deal in this. | 没关系 不要干涉 让我来处理吧 |
[1:20:07] | Gentlemen both,we will not wake your patience. | 两位先生 我们不想冒犯你们 |
[1:20:10] | My heart is sorry for your daughter’s death… | 对你女儿的死我深感抱歉… |
[1:20:12] | …but,on my honor, | 但是 我以名誉担保 |
[1:20:13] | she was charged with nothing but what was true… | 她被控告并非虚假而是真实的… |
[1:20:16] | …and very full of proof. | 是有真凭实据的 |
[1:20:17] | My lord… | 殿下… |
[1:20:19] | I will not hear you. | 我不想听你说 |
[1:20:21] | No? | 不想? |
[1:20:23] | Come,brother,away. | 兄弟 走吧 |
[1:20:25] | I will be heard. | 会有人想听的 |
[1:20:27] | And shall… | 并且将会… |
[1:20:28] | …or some of us will smart for it. | 总会有人会受到惩罚的 |
[1:20:44] | See,here comes the man we went to seek. | 瞧 我们找的人来了 |
[1:20:47] | – Now,signior,what news? – Good day,my lord. | -先生 什么消息 -你好啊 殿下 |
[1:20:50] | Welcome,signior.You are almost come to part almost a fray. | 你好 先生 你差点就卷入一场纷争之中 |
[1:20:53] | We had like to have had our two noses snapped off with two old men. | 我们俩儿的鼻子差点就被两位老人打断 |
[1:20:56] | Shall I speak a word in your ear? | 能进言几句吗? |
[1:21:00] | You are a villain.I jest not. | 你是个坏蛋 我没开玩笑 |
[1:21:02] | I will make it good how you dare and when you dare. | 我要跟你决斗 时间地点你来决定 |
[1:21:05] | Do me right,or I will protest your cowardice. | 应战 或者承认你是一个懦夫 |
[1:21:09] | You have killed a sweet lady,and her death shall fall heavy on you. | 你害死了一位可爱的姑娘 你要对她的死负责 |
[1:21:15] | Fare you well,boy. | 再见了 孩子 |
[1:21:18] | You know my mind. | 你明白我的意思 |
[1:21:24] | My lord… | 殿下 |
[1:21:26] | …for your many courtesies I thank you. | 你给了我很多恩赐 万分感谢 |
[1:21:29] | I must discontinue your company. | 但我不能在追随你了 |
[1:21:32] | Your brother the bastard is fled from Messina. | 你那个私生子弟弟已经逃离了墨西拿 |
[1:21:35] | You have,among you,killed a sweet and innocent lady. | 你们杀死了一位可爱无辜的姑娘 |
[1:21:41] | For my Lord Lackbeard there… | 殿下 对于那个小白脸… |
[1:21:44] | …he and I shall meet. | 我会和他决斗 |
[1:21:47] | Till then… | 直到他有勇气来… |
[1:21:50] | …peace be with him. | 祝他平安 |
[1:22:00] | He is in earnest. | 他是认真的人 |
[1:22:02] | – In most profound earnest. – And hath challenged thee. | -绝对认真的 -他在向你挑战 |
[1:22:05] | Most sincerely. | 毫不含糊 |
[1:22:21] | Officers… | 军官们 |
[1:22:22] | …what offence have these men done? | 这些人犯了什么罪? |
[1:22:24] | Marry,sir,they have committed false report. | 哎 先生 他们造谣惑众 |
[1:22:27] | Moreover,they spoke untruths.Secondarily,they are slanders. | 此外 他们说谎 其次 他们诽谤别人 |
[1:22:30] | Sixth and lastly,they belied a lady. | 第六和最后一条 他们诬陷一位小姐 |
[1:22:32] | Thirdly,they verified unjust things. | 第三条 他们从事非法勾当 |
[1:22:33] | And,to conclude,they are lying knaves. | 总之他们是说谎的流氓 |
[1:22:40] | Who have you offended,masters,that you are thus bound to your answer? | 你们得罪了谁 落得如此下场? |
[1:22:44] | This learned constable is too cunning to be understood. | 这位博学的军官说得太专业 我听不明白 |
[1:22:47] | I have deceived even your very eyes. | 我甚至骗过了你 |
[1:22:51] | What your wisdoms could not discover… | 连你的智慧也发现不了… |
[1:22:53] | …these shallow fools have brought to light… | 但这些肤浅的蠢货却揭穿了… |
[1:22:58] | …who in the night… | 那天晚上… |
[1:23:01] | …overheard me confessing to this man… | 他偷听到我向这个人述说… |
[1:23:04] | …how Don John,your brother… | 您的弟弟 唐·约翰… |
[1:23:07] | …incensed me to slander the Lady Hero. | 是如何教我诽谤希洛小姐 |
[1:23:10] | How you saw me… | 而你又是如何看见我 |
[1:23:14] | …court… | 和玛格利特… |
[1:23:15] | …Margaret. | 寻欢 |
[1:23:18] | How you disgraced Hero… | 在你的婚礼上 |
[1:23:22] | …when you should marry her. | 你是如何羞辱希洛 |
[1:23:26] | The lady is dead… | 在我和主人的摆布下 |
[1:23:28] | …upon mine and my master’s false accusation. | 这位小姐死了 |
[1:23:34] | Sweet Hero! | 可爱的希洛! |
[1:23:39] | Come,bring away the plaintiffs. | 来 带走这些原告 |
[1:23:42] | By this time,our sexton hath reformed Signior Leonato of the matter. | 此时 我们的教堂司事在处理里奥纳多先生的事情 |
[1:23:47] | And,masters… | 还有 先生 |
[1:23:48] | …do not forget to specify,when time and place shall serve… | 不要忘记说明我在何时何地… |
[1:23:52] | …that I am an ass. | 被说成是一头蠢驴 |
[1:23:53] | Here,here… | 来了 来了… |
[1:23:54] | …comes master Signior Leonato,and the sexton,too. | 先是里奥纳多老爷 还有教堂司事 |
[1:24:05] | Which is the villain? | 那个坏蛋是哪一个? |
[1:24:07] | Let me see his eyes. | 让我仔细看看 |
[1:24:09] | If you would know your wronger… | 如果你想知道害你的人… |
[1:24:11] | …look on me. | 看我吧 |
[1:24:13] | Art thou the slave that with thy tongue hast killed mine innocent child? | 就是你个奴才 用你的谎言害死了我无辜的孩子吗? |
[1:24:17] | Yea. | 对 |
[1:24:19] | – Even I alone. – No. | -全都是我一个人干的 -不 |
[1:24:21] | Not so,villain.Thou beliest thyself. | 不是这样 坏蛋 你在欺骗自己 |
[1:24:26] | Here stand a pair of honorable men. | 站着这里的两位正人君子 |
[1:24:29] | A third is fled,that had a hand in it. | 第三个人在逃 他们都有参与 |
[1:24:33] | I thank you,princes,for my daughter’s death. | 我要谢谢王子们 我的女儿的死都是拜你们所赐 |
[1:24:36] | Record it with your high and worthy deeds. | 你们的丰功伟绩应该载入史册 |
[1:24:39] | ‘Twas bravely done,if you bethink you of it. | 你们自己想一想 干得多光彩 |
[1:24:42] | I know not how to pray your patience. | 我不知道如何才能取得你的原谅 |
[1:24:46] | Yet I must speak. | 但我一定要说 |
[1:24:50] | Choose your revenge yourself. | 用你的方式来惩罚我吧 |
[1:24:53] | Impose me to what penance your invention can lay upon my sin. | 无论你用什么方式让我赎罪 我都接受 |
[1:24:59] | Yet sinned I not but in mistaking. | 然而有罪的不单是我犯过的错误 |
[1:25:02] | By my soul,nor I. | 向天发誓 我也一样 |
[1:25:05] | I cannot bid you bid my daughter live. | 我不能让你们把女儿还我 |
[1:25:08] | That were impossible.But I pray you both… | 那是不可能的 但是我恳请你们… |
[1:25:12] | …possess the people in Messina here how innocent she died. | 让墨西拿的人知道她是如何含冤而死的 |
[1:25:17] | And if your love can labor ought in sad invention… | 要是把你们的爱写成一篇悼词… |
[1:25:21] | …hang her an epitaph upon her tomb… | 在她墓前挂一个碑文 |
[1:25:25] | …and sing it to her bones,sing it tonight. | 对着她的遗骸吟唱 今天晚上你就去 |
[1:25:31] | Tomorrow morning come you to my house… | 明天早上到我家里来 |
[1:25:34] | …and since you could not be my son-in-law… | 既然你不能够做我的女婿 |
[1:25:38] | …be yet my nephew. | 那就做我的侄女婿 |
[1:25:43] | My brother hath a daughter… | 我的兄弟有一个女儿 |
[1:25:46] | …almost the copy of my child that’s dead… | 和我死去的女儿一模一样 |
[1:25:49] | …and she alone is heir to both of us. | 她是我们的唯一继承人 |
[1:25:53] | Give her the right you should have given her cousin… | 要象对待她表姐一样对待她 |
[1:25:58] | …and so dies my revenge. | 那么我们的恩怨就了结了 |
[1:26:04] | O noble sir… | 哦 老人家… |
[1:26:08] | …your overkindness doth wring tears from me. | 你的大恩大德使我感激涕零 |
[1:26:13] | I do… | 我当然… |
[1:26:15] | …embrace your offer… | 接受你的提议… |
[1:26:20] | …and dispose for henceforth of poor Claudio. | 接受你处置卑微的克罗迪奥的方式 |
[1:26:23] | Tomorrow,then,I will expect your coming. | 那么 明天 我期待着你的到来 |
[1:26:29] | Tonight I take my leave. | 今晚我会起行 |
[1:26:38] | This naughty man shall,face to face,be brought to Margaret… | 让这个坏蛋和玛格利特当面对质 |
[1:26:42] | …who I believe was packed in all this wrong. | 真相就会大白 |
[1:26:44] | No,by my soul,she was not… | 不 向天发誓 她真的 |
[1:26:46] | …nor knew not what she did when she spoke to me… | 她真的对此事一无所知… |
[1:26:49] | …but always hath been just and virtuous in any thing that I do know by her. | 而且具我所知 她一向是个规规矩矩的善良的姑娘 |
[1:26:57] | Moreover,sir,which indeed is not under white and black… | 还有 老爷 事实上 这个黑白不分的 |
[1:27:00] | …this plaintiff here,the offender,did call me “ass.” | 原告 罪犯 竟然叫我”蠢驴” |
[1:27:04] | I beseech you,let it be remembered in his punishment. | 我恳请你 在处罚的时候别忘了这一点 |
[1:27:09] | I thank thee for thy care and honest pains. | 我感谢你 如此细心和辛劳 |
[1:27:13] | Your worship speaks like a most thankful and reverend youth… | 阁下 你的话对我们年轻人是最大的欣慰和尊重 |
[1:27:16] | …and I praise God for you. | 我为你赞美上帝 |
[1:27:19] | There’s for thy pains. | 这是辛劳的回报 |
[1:27:25] | God save the foundation. | 上帝会保佑你 |
[1:27:28] | Go. | 去吧 |
[1:27:30] | I discharge thee of thy prisoner,and I thank thee. | 我释放你和你的罪犯 并感谢你 |
[1:27:36] | I leave with your worship an arrant knave,which I beseech your worship… | 我把罪大恶极的犯人留给阁下 并恳请阁下… |
[1:27:40] | …to correct yourself,for the example of others. | 亲自改造他们 给其他人立个榜样 |
[1:27:47] | God restore you to health! | 上帝保佑你身体健康 |
[1:27:50] | I humbly give you leave to depart. | 我谦卑地向你辞行 |
[1:27:52] | And if a merry meeting… | 并期盼… |
[1:27:54] | …may be wished… | 我们有机会再见面… |
[1:27:56] | …God prohibit it. | 上帝会阻止恶行的 |
[1:28:03] | Come,neighbor. | 来吧 伙伴 |
[1:28:24] | Until tomorrow morning,lords,farewell. | 明天早上见 阁下 再见 |
[1:28:27] | Farewell,my lords.We look for you tomorrow. | 再见了 先生们 恭候明天光临 |
[1:28:30] | We will not fail. | 我们一言为定 |
[1:28:33] | Tonight… | 今晚 |
[1:28:35] | …l’ll mourn… | 我就去悼念… |
[1:28:36] | …with Hero. | 希洛 |
[1:30:11] | “Done to death… | 致死者… |
[1:30:13] | “…by slanderous tongues… | 因被诽谤而含冤死去的 |
[1:30:17] | “…was the Hero… | 希洛… |
[1:30:19] | “…that here lies. | 安息于此 |
[1:30:23] | “Death,in guerdon of her wrongs… | 死亡 洗清了她的冤屈 |
[1:30:32] | “…which never dies. | 永世不灭 |
[1:30:36] | “So the life… | 生前的你… |
[1:30:39] | “…that died with shame… | 含羞而死… |
[1:30:44] | “…lives in death… | 你的纯洁… |
[1:30:50] | “…with glorious fame.” | 永世留芳 |
[1:31:02] | “Pardon,goddess of the night | 宽恕我 夜之女神… |
[1:31:09] | “Those that slew thy virgin knight | 我们年轻的骑士 |
[1:31:15] | “For the which,with songs of woe | 为墓里的人 |
[1:31:20] | “Round about her tomb | 唱着悲哀的歌 |
[1:31:24] | “they go | 午夜里 |
[1:31:27] | “Midnight | 他们和我们 |
[1:31:30] | “assist our moan | 一起哀悼 |
[1:31:34] | “Help us | 和我们 |
[1:31:36] | “to sigh and groan | 一起哀悼 |
[1:31:40] | “Heavily,heavily | 大家眉头紧锁 |
[1:31:44] | “Heavily” | 神情哀伤 |
[1:31:59] | “The god of love | 爱神啊 |
[1:32:03] | “That sits above | 你高高在上 |
[1:32:10] | “And knows me | 他知道我 |
[1:32:13] | “And knows me | 他理解我 |
[1:32:17] | “How pitiful I deserve…” | 我是多么地可怜 |
[1:32:23] | I mean in singing. | 我的意思是指歌唱方面 |
[1:32:25] | But in loving… | 但在爱情方面… |
[1:32:27] | …Leander,the good swimmer,Troilus, | 利安得 游泳健将 特洛伊罗斯 |
[1:32:30] | the first employer of panders… | 第一个发展媒人行业的人… |
[1:32:32] | …and a whole bookful of these quondam carpet-mangers… | 还有好多类似的人… |
[1:32:36] | …whose names yet run smoothly in the even road of a blank verse… | 他们的名字至今家喻户晓… |
[1:32:39] | …why,they were never so truly turned… | 为什么 他们从未遭遇如此… |
[1:32:42] | …over and over… | 反反复复的打击 |
[1:32:44] | …as my poor self in love. | 就象我这个爱情可怜虫一样 |
[1:32:49] | Marry,I cannot show it in rhyme. | 哎 我总是掌握不好韵律 |
[1:32:51] | I have tried. | 我已经努力了 |
[1:32:53] | I can find out no rhyme to “lady,” but… | 我发现”小姐”是没重音 但是… |
[1:32:57] | …”baby,” an innocent rhyme. | “甜心”是纯音 |
[1:33:00] | For “scorn,” “horn,” a hard rhyme. | “嘲笑”和”号角”是重音 |
[1:33:05] | For “school,” “fool,” a babbling rhyme. | “学校”和”笨蛋”是轻音 |
[1:33:08] | Very ominous endings. | 真悲惨的结局啊 |
[1:33:11] | No,I was not born under a rhyming planet… | 我不是一个出生在韵律世家… |
[1:33:15] | …nor I cannot woo in festival terms. | 我不能在节日里一显身手了 |
[1:33:22] | Sweet Beatrice… | 可爱的碧翠斯… |
[1:33:25] | …wouldst thou come when I called thee? | 我呼唤你的时候都会出现吗? |
[1:33:27] | Yea,signior,and depart when you bid me. | 是的 先生 叫我走我就走 |
[1:33:29] | Stay but till then. | 再呆一会儿 |
[1:33:32] | “Then” is spoken.Fare you well now. | “呆”过了 再见吧 |
[1:33:38] | And yet… | 不过嘛… |
[1:33:40] | …ere I go… | 在我走之前… |
[1:33:44] | …let me go with that I came… | 我要说明我的来意… |
[1:33:47] | …which is with knowing what passed between you and Claudio. | 我想知道你和克罗迪奥之前发生了什么事情 |
[1:33:50] | Only foul words,and thereupon I will kiss thee. | 我骂了他 现在我要吻你 |
[1:33:53] | Foul words is but foul wind,and foul wind is but foul breath. | 脏话会带来脏风 脏风会带来脏气 |
[1:33:57] | Foul breath is noisome.Therefore I will depart unkissed. | 脏气太臭了 所以我走之前是不允许接吻的 |
[1:33:59] | Thou hast frighted the word out of his right sense,so forcible is thy wit. | 你太聪明了 善于强词夺理 真叫人佩服 |
[1:34:03] | But I must tell thee plainly, | 但我必须明确地告诉你 |
[1:34:04] | Claudio undergoes my challenge… | 我已经向克罗迪奥提出挑战… |
[1:34:07] | …and either I must shortly hear from him… | 他要是不快点给我回音 |
[1:34:10] | …or I will subscribe him a coward. | 我就会认定他是个懦夫 |
[1:34:15] | And,I pray thee now… | 我现在恳请你… |
[1:34:19] | …tell me… | 告诉我… |
[1:34:20] | …for which of my bad parts did thou first fall in love with me? | 我的哪一个缺点使你开始爱上我了? |
[1:34:26] | For them all together… | 整个你我都爱… |
[1:34:29] | …which maintains so politic a state of evil… | 因为你这个人整个都坏透了… |
[1:34:32] | …that they will not admit any good part to intermingle with them. | 已经坏得无法掺进任何优点了 |
[1:34:36] | But for which of my good parts did you first suffer love for me? | 那么 你是爱上我的哪个优点才得相思病的? |
[1:34:40] | Suffer love!A good epithet! | 相思病!这个叫法太妙了! |
[1:34:41] | I do suffer love indeed,for I love thee against my will. | 我的确得了相思病 因为我违心地爱上了你 |
[1:34:44] | In spite of your heart,I think.Alas… | 我觉得连你的心你都不管了 哎… |
[1:34:47] | …poor heart. | 可怜的心啊 |
[1:34:48] | If you spite it for my sake,I will spite it for yours… | 既然你为了我跟你的心做对 我也应该这样… |
[1:34:51] | …for I will never love that which my friend hates. | 因为我决不会爱上我朋友憎恨的东西–我不爱你了 |
[1:34:53] | Thou and I are too wise to woo peaceably. | 你和我都太聪明 没办法好好地谈情说爱 |
[1:35:00] | And now tell me… | 现在告诉我… |
[1:35:02] | …how doth your cousin? | 你的表妹怎样了? |
[1:35:06] | Very… | 病得… |
[1:35:07] | …ill. | 很重 |
[1:35:10] | And how do you? | 那么 你呢? |
[1:35:13] | Very ill too. | 病得也很重 |
[1:35:16] | Serve God… | 遵从上帝的意愿… |
[1:35:19] | …love me… | 爱我吧… |
[1:35:23] | …and mend. | 快点好起来吧 |
[1:35:26] | – Madam! – Here comes one in haste. | -小姐! -有个人急匆匆地来了 |
[1:35:28] | You must come to your uncle. | 快点去你叔叔那儿 |
[1:35:30] | Yonder’s old coil at home. | 那边的长者都聚集在家里 |
[1:35:33] | It is proved my lady Hero hath been falsely accused… | 已经证实了希洛小姐是被冤枉的… |
[1:35:39] | …the prince and Claudio mightily abused… | 王子和克罗迪奥被骗了… |
[1:35:42] | …and Don John is the author of all… | 而唐·约翰是主谋 |
[1:35:45] | …who is fled and gone. | 已经畏罪潜逃了 |
[1:35:48] | Will you come… | 你这就去吗? |
[1:35:51] | …presently? | 快点 |
[1:35:54] | Will you go hear this news,signior? | 先生 你也想去听听吗? |
[1:35:55] | I will live in thy heart,die in thy lap, | 我将活在你心里 死在你的膝下 |
[1:35:58] | and be buried in thy eyes… | 葬在你的眼睛里… |
[1:36:00] | …and moreover I will go with thee to thy uncle’s. | 还有我会陪你到你叔叔那里去 |
[1:36:06] | Did I not tell you she was innocent? | 我早就告诉你她是无辜的 |
[1:36:08] | So are the prince and Claudio,who accused her upon the error you heard debated. | 王子和克罗迪奥都错怪她了 这你都清楚了 |
[1:36:12] | But Margaret was in some fault for this. | 玛格利特在这件事上也是被坏人利用了 |
[1:36:16] | Well,I am glad that all things sort so well. | 所有的事情都得以完美解决 |
[1:36:18] | Now,daughter,and you gentlewomen all,withdraw… | 女儿和女宾们快点撤退… |
[1:36:20] | …and when I send for you,come hither masked. | …一会儿我派你出去时要蒙上纱巾 |
[1:36:27] | The prince and Claudio promised by this hour to visit me. | 王子和克罗迪奥答应这个时间来看我 |
[1:36:30] | You know your office,brother. | 弟弟 你知道怎样做了吧 |
[1:36:32] | You must be father to your brother’s daughter,and give her to young Claudio. | 你要装成是她的父亲并把她交给克罗迪奥 |
[1:36:36] | Which I will do with confirmed countenance. | 我一定会胜任的 |
[1:36:39] | Friar,I must entreat your pains,I think. | 神父 我恳求你的帮助 |
[1:36:42] | – To do what,signior? – To bind me,or undo me.One of them. | -什么事? -我要结婚 不想再独身了 帮帮我 |
[1:36:45] | Signior Leonato,truth it is,good signior… | 里奥纳多先生 不瞒你说 我的好老人家… |
[1:36:48] | …your niece regards me with an eye of favor. | 你的侄女已经看上我了 |
[1:36:51] | The sight whereof I think you had from me,from Claudio and the prince. | 这件事 你得感谢我 克罗迪奥 还有王子 |
[1:36:55] | – But what’s your will? – Your answer,sir,is enigmatical. | -你有何打算呢? -你的话我听不明白 先生 |
[1:36:58] | But,for my will,my will is your good will… | 至于说我的打算 我的打算就是… |
[1:37:01] | …may stand with ours,this day to be conjoined… | 得到你美好的祝福 同意我们今天… |
[1:37:05] | …in the state of… | 在神圣的婚姻典礼上… |
[1:37:08] | …honorable marriage… | 结为夫妻… |
[1:37:10] | …in which,good friar,I shall desire your help. | 这方面 神父 还希望得到你的帮助 |
[1:37:12] | – My heart is with your liking. – And my help. | -我由衷赞成你的打算 -我也乐意效劳 |
[1:37:26] | Here come the prince and Claudio. | 王子和克罗迪奥来了 |
[1:37:44] | Good morrow to this fair assembly. | 早安 各位 |
[1:37:46] | Good morrow,prince.Good morrow,Claudio. | 早安 王子殿下 早安 克罗迪奥 |
[1:37:49] | We here attend you. | 我们已经恭候多时了 |
[1:37:50] | Are you yet determined today to marry with my brother’s daughter? | 你已经决定今天要娶我兄弟的女儿吗? |
[1:37:57] | Call her forth,brother. | 兄弟 叫她过来 |
[1:37:59] | Here’s the friar,ready. | 神父已经准备好了 |
[1:38:12] | Which is the lady I must seize upon? | 哪一位是我的新娘? |
[1:38:21] | This same is she… | 她的样子和…? |
[1:38:23] | …and I do give you her. | 我将她交给你了 |
[1:38:31] | Sweet… | 亲爱的… |
[1:38:34] | …let me see your face. | 让我看一下你的样子 |
[1:38:36] | No,that you shall not… | 不 除非你… |
[1:38:37] | …till you take her hand before this friar and swear to marry her. | 拉着她的手 在神父面前发誓娶她 |
[1:38:47] | Give me your hand,before this holy friar. | 请把手给我 在神圣的神父亲面前 |
[1:38:53] | I am your husband… | 如果你爱我的话 |
[1:38:57] | …if you like of me. | 我就是你的丈夫了 |
[1:39:08] | Hero that is dead. | 希洛已经死了 |
[1:39:11] | She died,my lord,but whiles her slander lived. | 她死了 殿下 可是她遭受诽谤的阴影还没有消除 |
[1:39:17] | And when I lived… | 现在我活着 |
[1:39:20] | …I was your other wife. | 我是你第二个妻子 |
[1:39:24] | And when you loved… | 现在你爱我… |
[1:39:28] | …you were my other husband. | 你是我第二个丈夫 |
[1:39:30] | One Hero died defiled,but I do live… | 希洛蒙冤而死 可我活着… |
[1:39:35] | …and surely as I live… | 我仍然活在人世间… |
[1:39:39] | …I am a maid. | 我是清白的 |
[1:40:10] | All this amazement can I qualify. | 我会揭开所有的谜底 |
[1:40:13] | When after that the holy rites are ended… | 等这个神圣的仪式结束后 |
[1:40:15] | …l’ll tell you largely of fair Hero’s death. | 我会告诉你真正的希洛之死的故事 |
[1:40:25] | Soft and fair,friar. | 神父 美丽而温柔的 |
[1:40:28] | Which is Beatrice? | 碧翠斯在哪里? |
[1:40:38] | I answer to that name. | 我就叫这个名字 |
[1:40:47] | What is your will? | 有何吩咐? |
[1:40:50] | Do not you love me? | 你不是爱我吗? |
[1:40:53] | Why,no. | 哦 不对 |
[1:40:56] | No more than reason. | 没有任何理由 |
[1:40:59] | Your uncle,the prince and Claudio have been deceived. | 你的叔叔 王子和克罗迪奥都让你骗了 |
[1:41:01] | They swore you did. | 他们发誓说你爱我 |
[1:41:04] | – Do not you love me? – Why,no.No more than reason. | -你不是爱我吗? -不 没有任何理由 |
[1:41:08] | Why,then my cousin, | 哦 难道 我的表妹希洛 |
[1:41:10] | Margaret,and Ursula are much deceived… | 玛格利特和尤苏娜都上当了 |
[1:41:12] | …for they did swear you did. – They swore you were sick for me. | -他们发誓说你爱我 -他们发誓说你为我都病了 |
[1:41:15] | – They swore you were nigh dead for me. – ‘Tis no such matter. | -他们发誓说你为我都不想活了 -根本没有这回事 |
[1:41:18] | Then… | 那么… |
[1:41:20] | …you… | 你… |
[1:41:21] | …do not love me? – No,truly,but in friendly recompense. | -你是不爱我了? -是的 只是友好的回应 |
[1:41:26] | Come,cousin,I am sure you love the gentleman. | 得了 她表姐 我断定你爱着这位绅士 |
[1:41:29] | I’ll be sworn upon it he loves her,for here’s a paper written in his hand… | 我发誓他爱着她 这有一首他亲笔写的诗… |
[1:41:33] | …a halting sonnet of his own pure brain,fashioned to Beatrice. | 是他绞尽脑汁写成的十四行歪诗 专门歌颂碧翠斯的 |
[1:41:39] | And here’s another… | 这儿还有一首… |
[1:41:41] | …writ in my cousin’s hand,stolen from her pocket… | 是我表姐亲手写的 我从她口袋里偷出来的… |
[1:41:44] | …containing her affection unto Benedick. | 表白了她对班纳边克的爱 |
[1:41:55] | A miracle! | 真奇怪! |
[1:41:57] | Here’s our own hands against our hearts. | 我们俩的手全跟这心作对 |
[1:42:04] | Come… | 来吧… |
[1:42:06] | …I will have thee. | 我会接受你的 |
[1:42:07] | But,by this light,I take thee for pity. | 但是 老天知道 我这是可怜你 |
[1:42:12] | I would not deny you. | 我不想拒绝你 |
[1:42:14] | But,by this good day… | 但是 老天知道… |
[1:42:16] | …I yield upon great persuasion… | 我这是听从了大家的劝说… |
[1:42:19] | …and partly to save your life,for I was told you were in a consumption. | 我这是救你的命 因为人家告诉我你为了我日渐消瘦 |
[1:42:23] | Peace! | 住口吧! |
[1:42:24] | I will stop your mouth. | 我要把你的嘴堵住 |
[1:42:35] | How dost thou,Benedick… | 你怎样了 班纳边克 |
[1:42:37] | …the married man? | 要做新郎了? |
[1:42:40] | I’ll tell thee what,prince… | 王子 我告诉你… |
[1:42:43] | …a college of wit-crackers cannot flout me out of my humor. | 就是来一大帮嘲笑大师 也不能阻止我结婚 |
[1:42:47] | Dost thou think I care for a satire or an epigram? | 你以为我会在乎那些冷嘲热讽吗? |
[1:42:50] | No. | 不 |
[1:42:52] | Since I do purpose to marry… | 既然我已经决定要结婚了… |
[1:42:55] | …I will think nothing to any purpose that the world can say against it… | 我就不会在意这个世界如何看我… |
[1:42:58] | …and therefore never flout at me for what I have said against it. | 所以你对我的嘲笑是没用的 |
[1:43:04] | For man… | 因为 人… |
[1:43:07] | …is a giddy thing… | 是会变的 |
[1:43:10] | …and this is my conclusion. | 这就是我的结论 |
[1:43:22] | For thy part,Claudio… | 至于你 克罗迪奥 |
[1:43:25] | …I did think to have beaten thee… | 我真的想把你揍扁… |
[1:43:28] | …but in that thou art like to be my kinsman… | 但是既然我们很快成为亲戚了… |
[1:43:31] | …live unbruised… | 就让你完整地活着… |
[1:43:34] | …and love my cousin. | 好好爱护我的表妹 |
[1:43:38] | Come,come,we are friends. | 好了 好了 我们是朋友 |
[1:43:46] | Let’s have a dance ere we are married… | 在举行婚礼以前先跳舞吧… |
[1:43:49] | …that we may lighten our own hearts and our wives’ heels! | 让我们放松心情 跟着妻子飞舞吧! |
[1:43:54] | We’ll have dancing afterward. | 我们以后再跳 |
[1:43:57] | First,of my word.Therefore play,music! | 老人家 还是先跳舞 把音乐奏起来! |
[1:44:05] | Prince… | 王子… |
[1:44:06] | …thou art sad. | 你好像很悲伤 |
[1:44:08] | Get thee a wife. | 娶个媳妇吧 |
[1:44:10] | Get thee a wife! | 娶个媳妇吧! |
[1:44:15] | My lord,your brother John is ta’en in flight, | 殿下 你的弟弟约翰在逃亡的途中被抓住 |
[1:44:18] | and brought with armed men back to Messina. | 押回墨西拿了 |
[1:44:25] | Think not on him till tomorrow. | 明天再处理他吧 |
[1:44:29] | I’ll devise thee brave punishments for him. | 我会想出好办法来惩罚他 |
[1:44:41] | Strike up,pipers! | 开始吧 奏乐! |
[1:44:48] | Sigh no more,ladies,sigh no more | 别再叹息 姑娘们 别再叹息 |
[1:44:53] | Men were deceivers ever | 男子从来都是虚情假意 |
[1:44:57] | One foot in sea and one on shore | 一脚在海里 一脚却在岸堤 |
[1:45:01] | To one thing constant never | 向来是三心二意 |
[1:45:06] | Then sigh not so | 所以 不必如此悲泣 |
[1:45:08] | but let them go | 他们要离去 尽管离去 |
[1:45:10] | And be you blithe and bonny | 你们从此拥有愉悦 绽放美丽 |
[1:45:15] | Converting all your sounds of woe | 抛弃一切忧伤的记忆 |
[1:45:20] | Into Hey nonny,nonny. | 欢唱 嗨 诺尼 诺尼 |
[1:45:26] | Sing no more ditties | 别再低声吟唱 |
[1:45:28] | Sing no more of dumps | 别再唱得忧郁 |
[1:45:32] | So dull and heavy | 如此乏味无趣 |
[1:45:34] | The fraud of men was ever so | 男子们 总是薄情寡意 |
[1:45:39] | Since summer first was leafy | 夏天一到 满树绿叶 不足为奇 |
[1:45:43] | Then sigh not so,but let them go | 所以 不必如此悲泣 他们要离去 尽管离去 |
[1:45:48] | And be you blithe and bonny | 你们从此拥有愉悦 绽放美丽 |
[1:45:52] | Converting all your sounds of woe | 抛弃一切忧伤的记忆 |
[1:45:58] | Into Hey nonny,nonny | 欢唱 嗨 诺尼 诺尼 |
[1:46:03] | Sigh no more,ladies,sigh no more | 别再叹息 姑娘们 别再叹息 |
[1:46:08] | Men were deceivers ever | 男子从来都是虚情假意 |
[1:46:11] | One foot in sea and one on shore | 一脚在海里 一脚却在岸堤 |
[1:46:16] | To one thing constant never | 向来是三心二意 |
[1:46:20] | Then sigh not so,but let them go | 所以 不必如此悲泣 他们要离去 尽管离去 |
[1:46:25] | And be you blithe and bonny | 你们从此拥有愉悦 绽放美丽 |
[1:46:29] | Converting all your sounds of woe | 抛弃一切忧伤的记忆 |
[1:46:35] | Into Hey nonny,nonny! | 欢唱 嗨 诺尼 诺尼! |
[1:46:40] | Sing no more ditties | 别再低声吟唱 |
[1:46:43] | sing no more of dumps | 别再唱得忧郁 |
[1:46:46] | so dull and heavy | 如此乏味无趣 |
[1:46:49] | The fraud of men was ever so | 男子们 总是薄情寡意 |
[1:46:54] | Since summer first was leafy | 夏天一到 满树绿叶 不足为奇 |
[1:46:58] | Then sigh not so,but let them go | 所以 不必如此悲泣 他们要离去 尽管离去 |
[1:47:03] | And be you blithe and bonny | 你们从此拥有愉悦 绽放美丽 |
[1:47:08] | Converting all your sounds of woe | 抛弃一切忧伤的记忆 |
[1:47:13] | Into Hey nonny,nonny! | 欢唱 嗨 诺尼 诺尼! |