时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | 911 operator. | 911接线员 |
[00:06] | What’s the nature of your call? | 您报警的原因是什么 |
[00:07] | Help! Someone’s trying to run me off the road. | 救命 有人想把我挤下车道 |
[00:10] | Ma’am, what is your location? | 女士 您现在在哪里 |
[00:11] | I’m on the west side highway. Please hurry! | 我在曼哈顿西区的高速路上 请快来 |
[00:13] | Stay calm. We’re tracking your position. | 冷静 我们正在追踪您的位置 |
[00:15] | Police are en route. Can you pullover somewhere safe? | 警察已在路上 您能停到安全的地方吗 |
[00:18] | He’s going kill me. Please. | 他要杀了我 救救我 |
[00:19] | Ma’am? Are you there? | 女士 您还在吗 |
[00:22] | They’re going kill me! | 他们要杀了我 |
[00:23] | Sounds like road rage gone extreme. | 听着像路怒升级到杀人了 |
[00:26] | Motorcycle in the background. | 背景音里有摩托车 |
[00:28] | Could be bikers just run our vic off the road. | 可能是摩托车手把受害人挤下车道 |
[00:30] | No tire tracks? No skid marks? | 没有轮胎印 没有刹车痕 |
[00:32] | Happens all the time. | 这正常啊 |
[00:33] | Drivers panic and floor the gas instead of the brake, | 司机慌神了 把刹车踩成了油门 |
[00:36] | end up with this. | 结果就这样了 |
[00:38] | But, detectives, what does the name, | 两位警探 对特伦斯·范·迪伦 |
[00:41] | Terrence Van Doren mean to you? | 这个名字有印象吗 |
[00:43] | Van Doren, publisher of the New York Ledger. Right? | 范·迪伦 《纽约文汇》的出版商吧 |
[00:46] | That’s the one. | 就是他 |
[00:47] | Hedge fund hero got bored making billions. | 对冲基金高手 赚钱赚腻了 |
[00:50] | Bought a third string tabloid on the verge of bankruptcy. | 买了家濒临破产的三流小报 |
[00:53] | Turned it profitable. | 把它经营得能盈利 |
[00:55] | Vehicle is registered to him. | 车子是注册在他名下的 |
[00:56] | Purse inside, not so much. | 包还在 不咋地 |
[00:58] | The car owner is either messier than me, | 要么车主比我还脏 |
[01:00] | or New Yorkers are using the river as their garbage can. | 要么纽约人开始把河当垃圾箱 |
[01:03] | No car owner is messier than you. | 没哪个车主能比你脏的 |
[01:06] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[01:08] | Oh, what have we got. | 看看有什么 |
[01:10] | No phone. | 没有手机 |
[01:12] | Probably at the bottom of the river. | 可能在河底 |
[01:19] | Isabel Van Doren. | 伊泽贝尔·范·迪伦 |
[01:20] | Presumably the rich guy’s wife | 目测是那富豪的老婆及 |
[01:23] | and our 911 caller. | 我们的报警人 |
[01:24] | Now we know that the lead story is in tomorrow’s Ledger, huh? | 起码我们知道明天《文汇》头条是什么了 |
[01:27] | More likely in the obituaries. | 更可能在讣告栏 |
[01:31] | Looks like hair and scalp in the windshield. | 挡风玻璃上貌似有头发和头皮 |
[01:34] | We got divers searching, | 我们派了潜水员去搜 |
[01:35] | but in these currents the body could have easily drifted. | 但水流很可能将尸体冲走了 |
[01:37] | I am guessing DNA will confirm Isabel as our driver. | 我猜通过DNA能确认司机是伊泽贝尔 |
[01:46] | I left for work at 4:00 a.m. | 我早上四点就出门工作了 |
[01:47] | I didn’t even kiss her goodbye. | 我甚至都没和她吻别 |
[01:49] | Mr. Van Doren, why was Isabel on the road so early? | 范·迪伦先生 伊泽贝尔为什么这么早出门 |
[01:52] | I don’t know, um… | 我不知道 |
[01:54] | Erin? This is Erin James. Isabel’s personal assistant. | 艾伦 艾伦·詹姆斯 伊泽贝尔私人助理 |
[01:57] | Isabel had a board meeting in the city | 伊泽贝尔去城里的家族慈善基金会 |
[01:59] | at the family’s charity foundation. | 开董事会 |
[02:01] | We support a lot of programs for at-risk youth | 我们支持了很多项目 关于问题少年 |
[02:04] | and women’s rights, the arts. | 女权和艺术的 |
[02:05] | Thank you, Erin. | 谢谢 艾伦 |
[02:06] | Uh, I’d like a moment with the detectives. | 我想和警探们独处下 |
[02:10] | Do you have any leads on the car | 有查到线索吗 |
[02:11] | that ran Isabel off the road? | 谁让伊泽贝尔开出车道的 |
[02:13] | Nothing solid. | 没有确凿证据 |
[02:14] | Although it does appear that a motorcycle was involved. | 但有迹象表明一辆摩托车涉及此案 |
[02:17] | A motorcycle? | 摩托车 |
[02:18] | -This wasn’t an accident. – What makes you say that? | -这不是场意外 -你为什么这么说 |
[02:20] | Two weeks ago the Ledger ran an expose on motorcycle flash mobs. | 两周前《文汇》揭露了摩托车暴走族 |
[02:23] | Gangs, usually. | 通常是结帮的 |
[02:24] | They run illegal high-speed races in the city streets. | 他们在街道上非法高速赛摩托 |
[02:27] | One of my reporters embedded to get the story, | 我的一位记者卧底去了解情况 |
[02:28] | and after it ran, I got death-threats. | 报道刊登后 我收到过死亡威胁 |
[02:31] | Why would they target Isabel? | 为什么他们会盯上伊泽贝尔 |
[02:32] | She was driving your car. | 她开的是你的车 |
[02:33] | It was dark. | 天太黑了 |
[02:34] | They may have thought it was you behind the wheel. | 他们可能以为开车的是你 |
[02:40] | Oh, god! Her car was in the shop, and I told her to take my SUV. | 她的车还在店里 我叫她开我的越野车 |
[02:45] | This isn’t happening. | 不能这样啊 |
[02:46] | We will need access to that reporter. | 我们需要和那位记者见面 |
[02:48] | Of course, I… | 没问题 我 |
[02:51] | I can have my staff connect you. | 我会让我的员工联系你们 |
[02:53] | You just find who did this. | 你们一定要抓到是谁干的 |
[02:56] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[03:01] | You went to Terrence Van Doren’s house without me? | 你去了特伦斯·范·迪伦家却没带我 |
[03:04] | I demand intel on this, square footage and the decor. Go! | 给我描述面积结构和装潢 快 |
[03:06] | – Obsessed much? – Oh, yeah. | -这么着迷啊 -当然了 |
[03:07] | Only since his house was featured on Architecture and Decor. | 自从《建筑与装潢》特别介绍了他家 |
[03:10] | When I was 15, the other boys had their dirty magazines, | 我十五岁时 其他男孩有他们的黄色杂志 |
[03:13] | and I had mine. | 我有我的 |
[03:16] | Btws, the Ledger reporter sent over all of his research | 另外 《文汇》记者发来了他所有关于 |
[03:18] | on the motorcycle flash mobs. | 摩托车暴走族的调查 |
[03:19] | Meredith hit on something. | 梅雷迪思发现了什么 |
[03:21] | Not your old-school hell’s angels. | 跟一般的摩托车暴走族不同 |
[03:23] | These guys are desk-jockeys, dentists, | 这是办公室白领 牙医 |
[03:25] | techies working out their agression. | 技术人员在发泄 |
[03:27] | It’s like cosplay for Wannabe Bikers. | 简直是《想当车手》的翻版 |
[03:29] | More like Fight Club on Wheels. | 更像《公路搏击俱乐部》 |
[03:30] | And just as secretive. | 同样神秘的是 |
[03:31] | Meet-ups are posted to snapchat, | 聚会消息发到阅后即焚上 |
[03:33] | messages last for 10 seconds then auto-delete. | 消息会在十秒后自动删除 |
[03:37] | There’s a ride today in Queens. | 今天皇后区有车局 |
[03:38] | Perfect chance for me to blow-out the pipes on my Harley. | 骑爆我的哈雷车的好机会 |
[03:41] | Hey, slow down easier rider. You’re still recovering. | 悠着点儿逍遥骑士 你还在康复中 |
[03:44] | You are not going anywhere near your Harley. | 你甭想靠近你的哈雷车 |
[03:46] | No, I can still ride. | 我还能骑 |
[03:47] | We’re talking crotch-rockets not fat boys. | 我们说的是重机型 不是胖童[哈雷车型] |
[03:49] | And I can bet a pay check, | 我打包票 |
[03:51] | I look better in leathers. | 我穿皮衣更好看 |
[04:11] | Nice ride. What is it? 1200ccs? | 车不错啊 排量1200毫升的配置吗 |
[04:14] | More than you can handle. | 反正你搞不定 |
[04:16] | Who do you ride with? | 你跟谁一起骑 |
[04:17] | Whoever can keep up with me. | 跟得上我的人 |
[04:33] | Trailing units, keep yourselves under the radar. | 追踪小组 小心别被发现 |
[04:35] | Bose, nice and easy. | 玻思 慢慢开 |
[04:36] | Just back-off, blend in. | 减速 混入他们 |
[04:39] | Copy that, dad. | 收到 老爸 |
[04:45] | What the hell, man? | 搞什么鬼 哥们 |
[04:47] | Wow! Speaking of dads, | 说到老爸 |
[04:48] | that Flanders over there, just got himself in some hot water. | 开佛兰德那位 刚给自己找麻烦 |
[04:50] | Hey, look where you’re going. Get out of my way. | 嘿 往哪儿开呢 滚开 |
[04:53] | Yeah. We got a situation. | 有情况了 |
[05:06] | So much for blending. | 混入到此为止了 |
[05:07] | It’s all right. We got you covered. | 没事 我们帮你搞定 |
[05:08] | Let’s calm this down. | 让我们平息这事 |
[05:17] | – Or not. – NYPD! | -或者算了 -纽约警局 |
[05:25] | You’re going down, idiot. | 你可要坐牢了 蠢货 |
[05:43] | I know, I was all jacked up on adrenaline | 我知道 我只是肾上腺素过剩 |
[05:45] | and I lost control. | 失控了 |
[05:46] | According to the Ledger, | 就《文汇》所说 |
[05:46] | that’s standard operating procedure for you and your crew. | 你和你那帮人常这么做 |
[05:49] | That article was just mean and… | 那篇文章写得太刻薄而且 |
[05:50] | So you sent death-threats to Terrence Van Doren | 你给特伦斯·范·迪伦发死亡威胁 |
[05:52] | and then ran his car into the Hudson | 把当时驾他车的伊泽贝尔·范·迪伦 |
[05:54] | with Isabel Van Doren inside. | 逼下哈德逊河 |
[05:55] | I was in bed with my wife when that crash happened. | 发生那事时我跟我老婆还在床上呢 |
[05:58] | – You can ask her. – We will. | -你们可以问她 -我们会的 |
[06:01] | Maybe one of your biker buddies wanted some highway justice, huh? | 没准某位车友想在高速上行侠仗义 |
[06:04] | They all did, but not with violence. | 大家都想 但不会使用暴力啊 |
[06:07] | – Then how? – Legally. | -那怎么做 -按照法律来 |
[06:08] | We filed a $10 million liable lawsuit | 我们向范·迪伦和他的报社提出诉讼 |
[06:11] | against Van Doren and his paper. | 索取一千万美金赔偿 |
[06:13] | It does put motive into question. | 这让动机变得不明了 |
[06:15] | The lawsuit is legit, too. | 诉讼也是合法的 |
[06:16] | My buddy at Columbia Journalism thinks that these guys | 我哥大新闻学院的朋友说这些人 |
[06:18] | will win pay out from the Ledger. | 能得到《文汇》的赔偿 |
[06:20] | Which means attacking Van Doren would only ruin their case. | 也意味着袭击范·迪伦只会毁了这案子 |
[06:23] | So who else would have a motive? | 谁还有动机 |
[06:25] | Crew of weekend bikers | 《文汇》不可能 |
[06:26] | can’t be the only people the Ledger’s pissed off. | 只惹毛过周末车手 |
[06:28] | Van Doren’s a real crusader. | 范·迪伦也是位真勇士 |
[06:29] | He’s gone after hate groups, slum-lords, | 他追踪报道过仇恨团体 贫民窟地头蛇 |
[06:32] | even poor, defenseless plastic bags. | 甚至还有身无分文的无家可归者 |
[06:34] | Ralph Nader with his own tabloid. | 有自己报纸的拉尔夫·纳德 |
[06:36] | Anyone of his enemies could’ve run Isabel off the road, | 他的敌人都有可能把伊泽贝尔逼下路 |
[06:40] | knowing that the bikers were low-hanging fruit as suspects. | 他们知道车手们容易成为嫌疑人 |
[06:43] | I don’t hate that theory. | 我不反对这个推测 |
[06:45] | I’m touched. | 人家好感动 |
[06:47] | The bikers are facing assault charges, | 车手将被控以袭击罪名 |
[06:49] | so they’re not going anywhere. | 所以他们哪儿都不能去 |
[06:50] | Meantime, find out who else | 同时 去找出 |
[06:52] | has stopped sending Van Doren Christmas cards. | 范·迪伦惹毛了谁 |
[06:54] | We’ll hit the Ledger. | 我们去查《文汇》 |
[06:57] | I… ah, you will hit the ledger solo. | 你一个人去查《文汇》 |
[06:59] | Wait, wait. Hold on. | 等等 等等 |
[07:01] | I know how to handle Van Doren. | 我知道怎么和范·迪伦打交道 |
[07:03] | – Kid gloves… – Santiani speak, Diamond listen. | -温和的 -桑提亚尼发令 戴蒙德听令 |
[07:06] | Your kid gloves have a nasty habit of slipping off | 你温和的态度总会失手 |
[07:09] | and leaving fingerprints all over messes that I have to clean up. | 四处留下指纹 我还得清理 |
[07:13] | I want my squad on Van Doren’s good side, | 姐想范·迪伦看好姐的警队 |
[07:15] | and off the front page. | 且不会上头版 |
[07:17] | Roger that. Right? | 收到 是吧 |
[07:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:23] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:33] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[07:35] | Detective. Is there news? | 警探 有新消息吗 |
[07:37] | Uh, I’m sorry. Nothing yet. | 抱歉 还没有 |
[07:40] | We just had a few follow-up questions. | 我们有一些后续的问题要问 |
[07:42] | I was surprised when your office said that you were coming in today. | 你办公室的人说你今天要来 我挺惊讶 |
[07:45] | Well, I had to get out of the house. | 我得出门走动一下 |
[07:47] | I need to write Isabel’s obituary. | 我要写伊泽贝尔的讣告 |
[07:49] | She was an amazing woman. | 她是个了不起的女人 |
[07:50] | She devoted her life to helping others. | 倾其一生帮助他人 |
[07:52] | And I want to give her the tribute that she deserves. | 我想给她应有的悼念 |
[07:55] | We had heard that maybe you weren’t as well-loved as your wife. | 我们听说你不如你太太受爱戴 |
[07:59] | It’s true. | 是这样 |
[08:00] | I run hard-hitting stories. | 我写东西很辛辣 |
[08:02] | So death-threats have become an occupational hazard. | 这个职业常会收到死亡威胁 |
[08:04] | You have records of all those threats? | 你有记录下所有的死亡威胁吗 |
[08:07] | – Beth, can you help him with this? – Of course. | -贝茨 你能协助他吗 -当然 |
[08:10] | I need to get upstairs. | 我得上楼了 |
[08:12] | Thank you, detective. | 谢谢 警探 |
[08:15] | I have every piece of hate mail digitally archived. | 每一封恐吓电邮我都存档了 |
[08:18] | I can put them on a flash-drive, message it over, | 我可以拷到闪存盘里 再发给您 |
[08:20] | you’ll have it in a hour. | 一个小时内您就能收到 |
[08:21] | You sure keep your hate mail highly organized. | 你对恐吓邮件的管理真是井井有条 |
[08:23] | Well, we get quite a lot. | 我们收到太多恐吓邮件了 |
[08:25] | I’ve been with Mr. Van Doren 14 years. | 我跟着范·迪伦先生已经十四年了 |
[08:28] | He’s brilliant, but polarizing. | 他很有才 但很极端 |
[08:31] | I can relate. | 明白 |
[08:32] | And I’m sure your files are impeccable, | 我确信你发给我的资料会很齐全 |
[08:35] | but can you save me the reading time | 但能不能帮我省点时间 |
[08:37] | and tell me who would make the top of your list? | 直接告诉我 头号威胁者是谁 |
[08:41] | Probably Wilson Becker. | 大概是威尔森·巴克尔 |
[08:43] | Mrs. Van Doren’s brother. | 范·迪伦太太的哥哥 |
[08:45] | We heard that Isabel didn’t have any living family. | 我们听说伊泽贝尔没有家人在世 |
[08:48] | Uh-uh, no. The first Mrs. Van Doren, Claire. | 不 是范·迪伦的前妻 克莱尔 |
[08:51] | Her brother is a drunk. | 她哥哥是个醉鬼 |
[08:53] | He ties one on and sends the nastiest emails. | 他喝醉了就会发最不堪入目的邮件 |
[08:56] | What’s his issue with your boss? | 他和你老板之间有什么问题吗 |
[08:58] | His sister drowned, and he’s never gotten over it. | 他妹妹淹死了 他一直耿耿于怀 |
[09:01] | He blames Mr. Van Doren. | 他觉得是范·迪伦先生的错 |
[09:04] | Don’t believe a word that bastard says. | 别信那个混蛋说的话 |
[09:06] | Van Doren murdered my sister. | 范·迪伦谋杀了我妹妹 |
[09:08] | That accusation might carry a tad bit more weight | 如果不是你已经喝多了 |
[09:10] | if you weren’t half way through a sixth pack, Wilson. | 这项指控会更有份量 威尔森 |
[09:13] | Try getting through the day sober | 一个有钱混蛋杀了你妹妹 逍遥法外 |
[09:14] | after a rich bastard kills your sister and walks. | 你试着保持清醒看看 |
[09:17] | Why don’t you tell me about Claire. | 不如跟我谈谈克莱尔吧 |
[09:19] | She was a great kid. | 她是个好孩子 |
[09:22] | Sweet, smart, beautiful. | 甜美 聪明 漂亮 |
[09:25] | She was only 19 when she met Van Doren. | 她认识范·迪伦时才十九岁 |
[09:27] | Then he cut her off from us. | 他从我们身边夺走了她 |
[09:29] | We could only visit once a year at the holidays. | 我们每年只能在假期时见她一面 |
[09:32] | He was cruel. | 他真残忍 |
[09:34] | Nothing she did was right or good enough. | 她做什么都不对 或者不够好 |
[09:37] | Classic controlling behavior. | 典型的控制行为 |
[09:40] | Did he ever hurt Claire? | 他有伤害克莱尔吗 |
[09:42] | Last time I saw her, I dropped in, unannounced. | 我最后一次见她是顺路经过 突然去的 |
[09:45] | She had all this makeup on. | 她画了厚厚的妆 |
[09:47] | Underneath, I could see, uh, bruises and… | 我还是能看到有瘀伤 还有 |
[09:52] | black eye. | 眼眶淤青 |
[09:53] | She said she fell off a horse and… | 她说自己从马上摔下来 |
[09:55] | – But you didn’t buy it. – Would you? | -但你不信 -你信吗 |
[09:58] | I begged her to leave. | 我求她离开那 |
[09:59] | Then Van Doren came home, threw me out. | 然后范·迪伦就回来了 把我赶出去 |
[10:01] | A week later, I got a call. | 一周后 我接到电话 |
[10:04] | Claire went kayaking. Drowned. | 说克莱尔去划皮艇 淹死了 |
[10:06] | Body was never found. | 没有找到尸体 |
[10:08] | Sounds familiar. | 听上去很熟悉 |
[10:10] | Was the case investigated? | 有人调查吗 |
[10:11] | For about five minutes. | 就草草地调查了一下 |
[10:12] | They, of course, ruled her death an accident, | 他们自然说是意外身亡 |
[10:15] | but it wasn’t. | 但肯定不是 |
[10:16] | I know he killed her. | 我知道是他杀的 |
[10:20] | I bet he killed the new wife, too. | 我敢打赌他这个老婆也是他杀的 |
[10:23] | Don’t let him get away with murder, again. | 这次别让他再逍遥法外了 |
[10:29] | Okay, well, no alibi, but no motive. | 他没有不在场证明 但没有杀人动机 |
[10:32] | Forget Van Doren’s enemies. | 别去想范·迪伦有什么敌人 |
[10:33] | What if, instead, Van Doren himself | 万一 就是他 |
[10:36] | hired a group of renegade bikers | 雇了一帮暗黑车手 |
[10:38] | to run Isabel into the river? | 把伊泽贝尔撞进河里呢 |
[10:39] | That would look like revenge for the Ledger expose, | 看着就像是对《文汇》的报复行为 |
[10:42] | and Van Doren would be the sympathetic widower again. | 范·迪伦又成了可怜的鳏夫 |
[10:45] | It’s way risky. | 太冒险了吧 |
[10:46] | How can Van Doren be sure that | 范·迪伦怎么就确定事后 |
[10:47] | the bikers would keep their mouth shut afterwards? | 这些车手会守口如瓶 |
[10:49] | – Blackmail? Bribery? – Or none of the above. | -勒索吗 贿赂吗 -或者都不是 |
[10:52] | – Meaning? – Meaning, | -什么意思 -意思就是 |
[10:54] | what if there were no bikers? | 根本没有车手涉案 |
[10:55] | I’ve been reviewing the audio from the 911 call, | 我一直在研究911的电话录音 |
[10:58] | trying to identify the makes and models | 试图通过发动机的音调和音色 |
[11:00] | of the approaching motorcycles | 来确认当时经过的 |
[11:02] | based on engine-pitch and timbre. | 摩托车的型号 |
[11:04] | Listen to this. | 你们听这个 |
[11:07] | They’re gonna kill me, please! | 他们要杀我 求求你救我 |
[11:09] | That’s a distinctive… | 这还真是独特的 |
[11:10] | pitch and timbre. | 音调和音色 |
[11:11] | As a matter of fact it is. It’s manufactured. | 事实上 这是人造的 |
[11:14] | Which now makes me believe everything the 911 operator | 所以我认为911接线员接听的这个电话 |
[11:17] | heard in this call is a sound effect. | 只是音效而已 |
[11:18] | But her fear sounds pretty real. | 但她声音里的恐惧感是真切的 |
[11:20] | Audi compression, digital distortion, auto-tune. | 音频压缩 数字失真 自动调谐 |
[11:23] | Okay, no real motorcycles. | 没有摩托车 |
[11:25] | No real distressed calls. | 没有求救电话 |
[11:26] | No body, but real blood. | 没有尸体 但有血迹 |
[11:29] | Real scalp and hair fragments. | 头皮和落发也都是真的 |
[11:30] | So what the hell happened? | 到底发生了什么 |
[11:32] | – Mostly likely explanation? – Please. | -最说得通的解释 -请讲 |
[11:34] | He killed her first, and then staged the crash. | 他先杀了她 然后演这么一出 |
[11:37] | Anyone can probably figure out how to auto-tune. | 自动调谐谁都行 |
[11:40] | Even edit together some sentences lifted off voicemails, | 语音邮箱选几句话放一起也行 |
[11:43] | but this car went into the water at full-speed. | 但是这辆车全速开进了河里 |
[11:47] | So, how the hell did Van Doren manage that? | 范·迪伦是怎么做到的呢 |
[11:50] | Son of a bitch. | 该死的 |
[11:51] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[11:53] | Not you. The plastic bag. | 不是说你 那个塑料袋 |
[11:55] | There was a zip-lock bag down by the accelerator. | 油门那儿有个自封袋 |
[11:59] | My Volvo’s full of them, the kid’s snack. | 我的沃尔沃里全是这袋子 装着孩子的零食 |
[12:01] | I assumed that it was Isabel’s garbage | 我就以为是伊泽贝尔的垃圾 |
[12:03] | or the river’s garbage. | 或是河里的垃圾 |
[12:05] | What if it had been filled with ice? | 如果那里面曾装满冰块呢 |
[12:08] | The weight of which could’ve been used | 那它的重量就可以 |
[12:10] | to hold down the accelerator. | 压下油门 |
[12:12] | And the proof would have melted in the water before we found it. | 这个罪证会在我们找到前就融化在水里 |
[12:15] | That’s what I was going to say, | 这就是我想说的 |
[12:16] | but it’s fine that you said it out loud. | 由你说出来也一样 |
[12:19] | So, Van Doren kills Isabel, | 所以 范·迪伦杀害伊泽贝尔 |
[12:21] | puts her in the driver’s seat, rigs the accelerator. | 把她放在驾驶座 操纵油门 |
[12:23] | Then calls 911 on her phone, plays the fake call, | 然后用她的手机打911 播放音效 |
[12:27] | while the SUV runs right off the road | 越野车要开进水里时 |
[12:30] | and then he just walks away. | 他就溜之大吉 |
[12:31] | Where does he go next? | 他去了哪里 |
[12:33] | Van Doren had to go somewhere after the crash. | 范·迪伦在车下水后得躲起来 |
[12:37] | There, on the river. | 在河上 |
[12:40] | You think that Van Doren swam away? | 你觉得范·迪伦是游走的吗 |
[12:42] | No. | 不 |
[12:43] | But, maybe, he took a taxi. | 但或许 他是打的离开的 |
[12:48] | Try a gondolier up river if you’re looking for a romantic ride. | 如果想追求情调的话就坐个游船 |
[12:51] | Strictly platonic. | 柏拉图式的情调 |
[12:53] | Tell us about your routes. | 跟我们说说你的线路 |
[12:55] | Uh, ferry service all day long. | 白天提供轮渡服务 |
[12:57] | Party-boats at night. | 晚上开船上派对 |
[12:59] | What about the mornings? Early? | 早晨呢 黎明时 |
[13:00] | Just to the Red Hook Ikea. | 去红勾那里的宜家 |
[13:02] | Usually starts at 8:00 a.m. | 通常早上八点开船 |
[13:03] | But there’s a sale this week. First ferry at 6:00. | 但这周有促销 第一班六点开 |
[13:05] | If you like meatballs for breakfast. | 如果你早餐要吃肉丸子 |
[13:07] | Did he take your early ferry yesterday? | 这个人昨天上过你的渡轮吗 |
[13:09] | Nope. The only early birds were women. | 没有 早上来的都是女士 |
[13:15] | Was she one of your early birds? | 那这个人呢 |
[13:18] | Oh, yeah, I remember her. | 有 我记得她 |
[13:20] | She looked awful sad for someone going on a shopping spree. | 她看起来很伤心 不像是要抢购狂欢的人 |
[13:24] | The accident was staged though, right? | 车祸是伪造的 对吧 |
[13:26] | But not by Terrence Van Doren. | 但不是特伦斯·范·迪伦干的 |
[13:28] | Isabel faked her own death. | 伊泽贝尔伪造了自己的死亡 |
[13:44] | Who knew so many people hit Ikea before dawn? | 谁能想到黎明时这么多人去宜家 |
[13:47] | It’s a good crowd for Isabel to get lost in. | 伊泽贝尔正好可以消失在茫茫人海 |
[13:50] | Why did she need to run in the first place? | 她为什么想要逃跑呢 |
[13:52] | Well, Van Doren abused his first wife, odds are he beat Isabel. | 范·迪伦虐待前妻 可能也虐待伊泽贝尔 |
[13:56] | Yes! There’s Isabel. | 太好了 那是伊泽贝尔 |
[13:58] | Going with the classic ball-cap and shades look. | 穿着经典球帽衫 戴着墨镜 |
[14:01] | Finds her ride… | 找到她的座驾 |
[14:03] | No plates. No APB’s. Clever, Isabel. | 没有车牌 不能发全境通告 她真聪明 |
[14:06] | Yeah, and in such a neat little bow. | 还带着小小的美丽的蝴蝶结 |
[14:08] | You tied it, almost afraid to pull it. | 系上了都害怕再扯下 |
[14:10] | Your footage shows a woman, | 监控录像里确实是个女人 |
[14:12] | but I’m sorry to say it’s not definitively Isabel. | 但是很遗憾 她不一定是伊泽贝尔 |
[14:16] | I thought our health plan covered vision. | 医疗保险不包括眼科吗 |
[14:18] | The strongest evidence we have is the DNA from the car’s windshield. | 我们手中最有力的证据是挡风玻璃上的DNA |
[14:22] | Which matches Isabel. | 跟伊泽贝尔的相符 |
[14:23] | Chances are she’s underwater. | 她最有可能在水下 |
[14:24] | What if I’m right? | 如果我说对了呢 |
[14:26] | It’s a bad habit of mine. | 这是我的坏习惯 |
[14:27] | Okay, let’s say you’re right. | 好吧 假设你说得对 |
[14:29] | Why search for a woman who took desperate measures to disappear? | 为什么要找一个费尽心思想消失的女人呢 |
[14:33] | Because it’s hard to disappear. | 想要人间蒸发很难 |
[14:34] | If Isabel slips up even once, | 如果伊泽贝尔露出一点马脚 |
[14:35] | Van Doren’s got all the resources to find her, | 范·迪伦一定找得到她 |
[14:37] | Isabel must have thought her life was in danger. | 伊泽贝尔肯定觉得自己有生命危险 |
[14:40] | We find her first. We keep her alive. | 我们要先找到她 保护她 |
[14:41] | Yeah, but about Van Doren, | 对 但是关于范·迪伦 |
[14:43] | we’ve only got the word of a drunk with an axe to grind | 我们手上只有酒鬼的别有用心的证词 |
[14:45] | that he hit his first wife. | 说他打前妻 |
[14:46] | And no proof that he abused Isabel. | 但并无证据表明他家暴过伊泽贝尔 |
[14:49] | You want to take that risk? | 你想冒险吗 |
[14:50] | You may not be aware that | 也许你不知道 |
[14:52] | domestic violence batterers view their wives as property, | 在家暴实施者看来 他们的妻子是资产 |
[14:56] | which is why lethality skyrockets | 所以如果女人想逃跑 |
[14:58] | when women try to leave. | 他们下手会更狠 |
[15:01] | Heads-up. | 注意 |
[15:03] | – She’s right there. – Thank you. | -她就在那里 -谢谢 |
[15:04] | You must be Captain Santiani. | 您一定是桑提亚尼警监 |
[15:08] | I’d like a word, if I may. | 我想跟您聊聊 |
[15:11] | I won’t waste your time. | 不会浪费您的时间的 |
[15:13] | Your detectives are failing | 你的警探们 |
[15:14] | to properly investigate my wife’s death. | 并没有妥当调查我妻子的死亡 |
[15:15] | May I ask how you concluded that? | 请问您是如何得出这个结论的 |
[15:17] | Sources tell me that they spoke to my former brother-in-law. | 有线人告诉我 他们找了我前妻的哥哥 |
[15:20] | Well, yes. | 是的 |
[15:21] | We are interviewing all the individuals who threatened you. | 我们在调查所有威胁过你的人 |
[15:24] | Well, but instead of treating him like a suspect, | 但他们没有像对待嫌犯那样审问他 |
[15:27] | they indulged his lunatic conspiracy theories | 还纵容他信口开河 |
[15:29] | about my first wife’s disappearance. | 扯出了我前妻的意外事故 |
[15:31] | They’re merely being thorough. | 他们只是想查个清楚 |
[15:32] | Wilson is in and out of rehab. | 威尔森的酒瘾经常反复 |
[15:36] | He believes in UFOs. | 还相信外星人存在 |
[15:38] | He’s a sad, unreliable witness with an agenda. | 他一心想诬告我 不是可靠的证人 |
[15:43] | How’s Isabel’s case progressing? | 伊泽贝尔的案子如何了 |
[15:44] | We are actively pursuing leads… | 我们正在顺着线索积极调查 |
[15:46] | I decode double-speak for a living. | 我是靠语言艺术赚钱的 |
[15:49] | You’ve got nothing. | 你们根本没线索 |
[15:51] | I preferred if the case was reassigned. | 我希望案子换人来调查 |
[15:53] | Get some fresh eyes on the matter. | 请其他人来看看这个案子 |
[15:54] | If that’s a problem for you, | 如果你觉得有问题 |
[15:56] | I am happy to call Police Commissioner Mctier. | 我愿意直接打给警务署长马蒂尔 |
[15:58] | No need. I will look into your concerns | 不需要 我会着手解决您担心的事 |
[16:01] | and take immediate action if my team has done anything improper. | 一旦我的手下办案不妥 我会立刻采取行动 |
[16:06] | Please keep me in the loop. | 有情况随时通知我 |
[16:09] | I’ll be sure to tell Mctier what an excellent job you’re doing. | 我会转告马蒂尔 您办事效率很高 |
[16:18] | Hello. Eavesdrop much? | 你可真喜欢偷听 |
[16:20] | I never thought I’d see you kowtow to the 1%. | 没想到你也会向强权低头 |
[16:23] | Save it. I just bought you time. | 少来 我为你们争取了时间 |
[16:25] | Well, you and Laura think that Isabel’s alive, | 你和劳拉觉得伊泽贝尔还活着 |
[16:28] | then find her and keep her safe. | 那就找到她 确保她安全 |
[16:31] | Tell me more about Isabel. | 再跟我讲讲伊泽贝尔 |
[16:33] | I was hired to help her navigate | 我的职责是帮助她 |
[16:35] | through the shark-infested waters of the Greenwich social circle. | 成功进入格林威治阴谋四伏的社交圈 |
[16:38] | But to be honest, I couldn’t help much. | 不过说实话 我帮不了太多忙 |
[16:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:41] | The ladies who lunge are super judgy. | 那些女人相当以貌取人 |
[16:44] | The boss gave Isabel an unlimited budget for clothes. | 老板让伊泽贝尔随便花钱买衣服 |
[16:47] | I took her to fashion week, introduced her to designers, | 我带她去参加时装周 把设计师介绍给她 |
[16:49] | but she was more into jeans and t-shirts. | 但是她更喜欢T恤和牛仔裤 |
[16:53] | – I approve. – Mr. Van Doren didn’t. | -我赞成 -但是范·迪伦先生不喜欢 |
[16:55] | He wanted her to look perfect and show her off. | 他希望她能艳压群芳 这样他才有面子 |
[16:58] | Did his need for perfection cause any problems in the marriage? | 他这种苛求是不是导致婚姻出现了问题 |
[17:02] | Yes. You talked to the drunk ex brother-in-law? | 对 你们跟那个酒鬼大舅子聊过了吗 |
[17:05] | I’m only interested in your opinion. | 我只对你的观点感兴趣 |
[17:07] | I was with the Van Doren’s 24/7. | 我一直贴身跟着范·迪伦夫妇 |
[17:09] | Take it from me, he loved his wives. | 要我说 他很爱每任妻子 |
[17:12] | Adored his mom. | 很爱他妈妈 |
[17:13] | She died last year, | 她去年过世的 |
[17:15] | he still visits her grave every week. | 每周他都会去扫墓 |
[17:17] | And, like they say, | 有句话不是说 |
[17:18] | “If you want to know what kind of husband a man makes, | “要想知道一个男人适不适合做丈夫” |
[17:21] | “look at how he treats his mother.” | “就看他怎么对自己的母亲” |
[17:22] | So you were with Isabel every day. | 所以你每天都陪着伊泽贝尔 |
[17:24] | She must have confided in you. | 她肯定很信任你 |
[17:25] | Oh, I’m staff, not her bff. | 我是员工 不是她的闺蜜 |
[17:27] | So, if she tried to go there, I shut it down. | 她有那种意思 我肯定会拒绝 |
[17:30] | – So who were her friends? – Sad to say, but no one, really. | -那谁是她朋友 -很遗憾 她没有朋友 |
[17:34] | I mean, she had a busy social life, but they were his friends. | 她的社交生活很丰富 但都是他的朋友 |
[17:37] | – She must have been lonely. – She was. | -她一定很孤独 -确实 |
[17:39] | I suggested volunteering. | 我建议她去做慈善 |
[17:41] | Hoped she’d make friends, | 希望她能交到朋友 |
[17:42] | but instead of doing junior league, | 但是她没去女青年会 |
[17:44] | she chose a storefront women’s rights place in the city. | 却在城里选择了高调的女权主义聚集地 |
[17:47] | As you can imagine, hanging out with agro-feminist | 你也猜得到 跟农业女权主义者混在一起 |
[17:49] | didn’t boost her popularity in Greenwich. | 并没有帮她在格林威治提高人气 |
[17:52] | Well, we agro-feminists like to stick together. | 但作为女权主义者 我们喜欢待在一起 |
[17:55] | So, where did she volunteer? | 她去哪里做慈善 |
[18:01] | The Stuyvesant Women’s Center is a one-stop shop. | 斯泰弗森特女性中心是一站式服务点 |
[18:03] | Everything from counseling, job training, | 心理咨询 职业培训 |
[18:06] | domestic violence shelter, | 家暴支援服务 |
[18:07] | emergency day care for working moms. | 为工作女性提供紧急日托服务 |
[18:10] | Please take my children. | 求帮我带孩子 |
[18:11] | I hear you. | 我懂的 |
[18:12] | Now, how can I help the NYPD? | 两位警官有何贵干 |
[18:14] | Ms. Williams, you were close with Isabel Van Doren? | 威廉姆斯女士 你跟伊泽贝尔·范·迪伦熟吗 |
[18:16] | Yeah, she was our biggest donor. | 她可是我们最大的捐款人 |
[18:18] | I was devastated when I heard the news. | 听说她去世了 我心都碎了 |
[18:20] | And were you devastated | 她跟你说她丈夫揍她时 |
[18:21] | when she told you that her husband beat her? | 你心碎了吗 |
[18:25] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[18:26] | She had no friends. She was lonely. | 她没有朋友 很孤独 |
[18:28] | Isolated by a controlling husband. | 她被控制欲极强的丈夫孤立 |
[18:30] | Everyone in her life was on Van Doren’s payroll. | 她生命中每个人都是范·迪伦的手下 |
[18:34] | Except you. | 除了你 |
[18:36] | I only know what you know. | 我知道的你都知道 |
[18:37] | Isabel Van Doren had enough money to bankroll | 伊泽贝尔·范·迪伦手上的资金 |
[18:40] | any charity in the tri-state area. | 可以支撑三州的任何慈善团体 |
[18:42] | She chose this one. I think it was a cry for help. | 她却选了这个 应该是想寻求帮助 |
[18:45] | Okay, I’m sorry, but I can’t help you. | 很遗憾 我帮不了你 |
[18:47] | I never betray a client’s confidence. | 我绝不会背叛客户的信任 |
[18:49] | And face an obstruction charge? | 哪怕要承担妨碍公务的罪名吗 |
[18:50] | We know Isabel faked her own death. | 我们知道伊泽贝尔伪装死亡 |
[18:52] | Now, if you hold out on us, | 如果你不如实相告 |
[18:54] | your arrest will jeopardize your work here. | 一旦被逮捕 你的中心也会受到影响 |
[18:56] | If we find Isabel, she could help us put Van Doren away. | 找到伊泽贝尔 可以帮我们抓到范·迪伦 |
[19:01] | She won’t have to hide for the rest of her life. | 她也就不用一辈子躲躲藏藏了 |
[19:05] | Lock me up if you want, | 你们可以把我抓起来 |
[19:07] | I’m not compromising my clients. | 但我绝不会背叛客户 |
[19:08] | We’re the good guys. | 我们是好人啊 |
[19:09] | Everybody says that. | 大家都这么说 |
[19:11] | You know what, if I were on the run, | 如果我要逃命 |
[19:13] | you would be the type of woman I would trust, too. | 我也会信任你 |
[19:16] | Samantha, can I get a hand over here? | 萨曼莎 能过来帮个忙吗 |
[19:24] | – Max… – Yes, ma’am? | -麦克斯 -有何吩咐 |
[19:25] | I want you to do a credit card check on Samantha Williams, | 查一下萨曼莎·威廉姆斯的信用卡记录 |
[19:29] | director of the Stuyvesant women’s center. | 她是斯泰弗森特女性中心的主管 |
[19:31] | I have a feeling she rented a truck. | 我感觉她租了一辆车 |
[19:34] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[19:36] | – Damn, I’m good. – What did you find? | -我真厉害 -发现什么了 |
[19:37] | Isabel covered her tracks well, | 伊泽贝尔确实善于掩盖踪迹 |
[19:39] | but Samantha Williams is strictly an amateur. | 但是萨曼莎·威廉姆斯太业余了 |
[19:41] | Direct link from her petty cash account | 从她的现金账户 |
[19:43] | to a u-haul knock-off in the Bronx. | 直接查到了布朗克斯的一家租车店 |
[19:45] | Rented a box truck. | 租了一辆仓栅式货车 |
[19:46] | Just like the one Isabel got into at the Ikea parking lot. | 就是伊泽贝尔在宜家停车场上的那辆车 |
[19:48] | Yep, and the rental site has shamefully weak security, | 没错 而且租车店的安保系统很不严密 |
[19:51] | so I might just be able to hack their GPS. | 所以我也许可以黑进导航系统 |
[19:53] | Work fast. Mamma’s holding on line two. | 动作快点 妈妈在等你 |
[19:56] | Laura. Freudian. | 我是说劳拉 口误口误 |
[19:59] | One step closer to Isabel, and locking up Van Doren. | 马上就能找到伊泽贝尔及逮捕范·迪伦 |
[20:02] | What a scumbag. | 真是混蛋 |
[20:03] | What is it about marriage that makes men change | 为什么婚姻会把男人们 |
[20:05] | and turn into possessive, angry sobs? | 变成控制欲强 暴躁易怒的蠢货 |
[20:07] | There are lots of good marriages. | 美满婚姻还是挺多的 |
[20:10] | We just don’t get called out to those. | 只是这样的夫妻不会报警 |
[20:12] | I’ve been a bridesmaid six times, | 我已经当过六次伴娘了 |
[20:14] | and all the marriages flamed out. | 那些婚姻都灰飞烟灭了 |
[20:16] | It’s like men see wedding rings as tiny handcuffs, | 好像男人们把婚戒当成手铐 |
[20:18] | and they all got to be Houdini. | 女人们都是越狱大戏的主角 |
[20:21] | – Hey, it’s me. – Tell me you got something. | -是我 -有发现了吧 |
[20:23] | Like the last position of the box truck before it was returned? | 那辆车被退回前最后出现的地点 |
[20:25] | Off the Van Wyck expressway, close to the airport. | 范怀克高速路口 机场附近 |
[20:28] | Isabel wouldn’t risk airport security. | 伊泽贝尔肯定会躲开机场安检 |
[20:30] | Are there any low-rent motels on that strip? | 那附近有比较便宜的旅馆吗 |
[20:32] | Yup, a couple. | 有很多 |
[20:33] | Search for a female guest, who checked-in two days ago, | 找一个女性顾客 两天前入住 |
[20:36] | Traveling alone, paying cash. | 独自出行 用现金付款 |
[20:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:41] | Let’s get a head start out to Queens while she traces. | 她追查的时候 我们先去皇后区一趟 |
[20:43] | I’ll go. | 我去吧 |
[20:44] | She’s a battered woman, if we want her to open up, | 她饱受折磨 要想让她坦白 |
[20:47] | I’d go alone. | 我得独自前往 |
[20:48] | Trust me. It’s a woman to woman thing. | 相信我 这是女人之间的事 |
[20:57] | I’m here. | 我到了 |
[20:58] | Unit 103 is a woman who meets our profile. | 103号房住的女子和描述相符 |
[21:00] | – She gave us a name Marie Spartali. – Sounds familiar. | -她自称玛丽·斯帕尔塔利 -很耳熟 |
[21:03] | According to Max, | 麦克斯说 |
[21:05] | she was the greatest female pre-raphaelite painter. | 她是最厉害的前拉斐尔派女画家 |
[21:08] | Just the pseudonym an art history major would choose. | 正是艺术史毕业生会取的艺名 |
[21:15] | Isabel? | 伊泽贝尔 |
[21:17] | It’s Detective Laura Diamond, NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的警探 劳拉·戴蒙德 |
[21:19] | Can we talk? | 能谈谈吗 |
[21:26] | Come in, detective. Now. | 进来吧 警探 快 |
[21:41] | Don’t think I don’t know how to shoot this. | 别以为我不会开枪 |
[21:42] | Hunting is one of my husband’s favorite hobbies. | 我丈夫最喜欢打猎了 |
[21:44] | I’m on your side, Isabel. I’m a cop. | 我是来帮你的 伊泽贝尔 我是警察 |
[21:46] | My husband has a lot of people on his payroll including cops. | 我丈夫花钱雇了很多人 里面也有警察 |
[21:49] | Not this one. | 我不是那种警察 |
[21:50] | Forgive me if I don’t take your word for it. | 请原谅我没相信你的话 |
[21:51] | – You don’t know Terrence. – But I know | -你不了解特伦斯 -但我知道 |
[21:53] | that batterers are charming and kind, | 在狂暴的本性展露出来之前 |
[21:55] | until the monster comes out behind closed doors. | 加害者总显得善良迷人 |
[21:59] | He must have done something brutal | 他肯定做了什么残忍的事 |
[22:00] | to make you think that faking your own death | 才会让你觉得假死 |
[22:02] | – was the only way out. – He was going to kill me. | -是唯一解脱的方法 -他要杀我 |
[22:04] | I believe you, which is why | 我相信你 所以 |
[22:05] | we didn’t tell him you’re alive. | 我们不会告诉他你还活着 |
[22:07] | But if I go missing, | 但如果我失踪了 |
[22:09] | the entire NYPD will be looking for me. | 整个纽约警局的人都会来找我 |
[22:12] | And he will find out that you’re not dead. | 他就会发现你还没死 |
[22:16] | Put the gun down, Isabel. | 放下枪 伊泽贝尔 |
[22:20] | You have to trust me. | 你要相信我 |
[22:28] | I came to New York, I… after college. | 我大学毕业以后就来纽约了 |
[22:31] | My parents had just died. I didn’t know anyone. | 那时我父母刚双亡 举目无亲 |
[22:34] | You must’ve been lonely. | 你一定很孤独 |
[22:36] | Well, I was lost and Terrence found me. | 我很迷茫 遇到了特伦斯 |
[22:40] | And swept me off my feet. | 令我倾心 |
[22:41] | But, nothing I did was ever good enough. | 但是 我什么事都做不好 |
[22:43] | He started punishing me. | 他就开始惩罚我 |
[22:45] | – He was violent? – Started small. | -他施暴吗 -一开始只是小小的惩罚 |
[22:47] | Like a pinch, a slap. The sex got rougher. | 掐一下 或者拍一下 做爱时更粗暴 |
[22:50] | Angrier. If I even spoke to a man, | 更愤怒 我只要和别的男人讲话 |
[22:53] | he would accuse me of cheating. | 他就会指责我出轨 |
[22:57] | And then he started to beat me. | 后来他就开始打我 |
[23:00] | Never where it would show. | 不管伤处是否显眼 |
[23:01] | Did you tell anyone? | 你和别人说过吗 |
[23:02] | Who could I tell? | 我能和谁说 |
[23:03] | You could have called the police. | 你本可以报警 |
[23:05] | My husband plays golf with the police commissioner. | 我老公总和警务署长一起打高尔夫 |
[23:08] | And the mayor. | 还有市长 |
[23:09] | I was trapped. | 我被困住了 |
[23:10] | Until you became so desperate, you formulated this plan. | 后来你绝望了 就制定了这个计划 |
[23:13] | Last month, I was in his study | 上个月 我在他书房里 |
[23:15] | I was looking for a pen on his desk. | 找桌上的钢笔 |
[23:17] | He was so secretive about his finances | 他对自己的财务状况十分保密 |
[23:19] | that when I saw a folder | 直到我看见了一个文件夹 |
[23:21] | – He’d left out. – You snooped. | -他遗落的 -你偷看了 |
[23:24] | Who wouldn’t? What’d you find out? | 谁都会的 你发现了什么 |
[23:28] | That his secretary, Beth, had a huge salary | 他的秘书贝茨 工资很高 |
[23:31] | And he bought her a condo. | 他还给她买了间公寓 |
[23:33] | So, you assumed they were having an affair. | 所以你觉得他们在搞外遇 |
[23:35] | After all the time he’d accused me of cheating, | 他之前一直都说我出轨 |
[23:37] | I told him I wanted a divorce. | 我跟他说我要离婚 |
[23:38] | And he lost it. | 他失控了 |
[23:40] | He kicked me till I passed out. | 把我踢到不省人事 |
[23:43] | When I came to, he kicked me again, | 等我清醒了 他又踢我 |
[23:45] | for crying. | 就因为我在哭 |
[23:53] | I knew he’d kill me. | 我知道他会杀了我的 |
[23:54] | Did he threaten to? | 他这么威胁过你吗 |
[23:55] | He said, Claire asked for a divorce in the same room | 他说克莱尔也是在那间屋里说要离婚 |
[23:57] | and look what happened to her. | 看看她的下场 |
[24:00] | Pretty close to admitting he had committed a murder. | 他几乎就是在承认自己杀过人 |
[24:02] | That’s when I knew I had to go. | 就在那个时候我意识到我得离开 |
[24:03] | But, I’d never pull off hiding from him. | 但我从没有成功躲过他 |
[24:05] | So, you had to be dead. | 所以你只有假死 |
[24:07] | You did a good job. | 你做得很好 |
[24:08] | The 911 called, the DNA on the broken windshield. | 报警电话 挡风玻璃上的DNA |
[24:12] | Oh, yeah. I thought that would convince him. | 我想那个应该能让他相信 |
[24:14] | It did. | 确实是的 |
[24:15] | There is a better way for you to be safe. | 你想安全 还有一个更好的方法 |
[24:18] | How? | 怎么做 |
[24:19] | Go back and testify. | 回去作证 |
[24:21] | I will put him away for what he’s done to you. | 鉴于他对你做过的事 我会将他收监 |
[24:23] | You don’t know my husband. | 你不了解我老公 |
[24:24] | Five minutes after you arrest him | 逮捕他后 过了五分钟 |
[24:25] | He’ll be back on the street. | 他就能出来在大街上晃 |
[24:26] | He’ll kill me and he’ll destroy you. | 他会杀了我 毁了你 |
[24:28] | – I’m not afraid of him. – I think you should be. | -我不怕他 -你应该怕 |
[24:33] | So… | 所以 |
[24:35] | this is my only chance to start over. | 这是我重新开始的唯一机会 |
[24:36] | Please don’t make me go back. | 求你别把我抓回去 |
[24:41] | Okay. I won’t. | 好 我不会的 |
[24:44] | I’ll find a way to take him down. | 我会想办法将他扳倒 |
[24:46] | For good. | 永远 |
[24:48] | He’ll be behind bars. | 他会坐牢 |
[24:50] | And you will have your life back. | 而你能过回自己的生活 |
[24:52] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[24:57] | Maybe you should have brought Isabel in. | 也许你应该把伊泽贝尔带回来的 |
[24:59] | Faking her death isn’t a crime | 伪造死亡不是罪 |
[25:00] | unless you try to profit from it. | 除非她要从中获利 |
[25:02] | Yeah. But, attempting murder of a police officer is. | 但试图谋杀警官是罪 |
[25:05] | Isabel wasn’t going to hurt me. | 伊泽贝尔没有伤害我的意思 |
[25:06] | She aimed a shotgun at your chest. | 她拿枪对着你的胸口 |
[25:09] | Only you and I know that | 只有你和我知道 |
[25:10] | and don’t even think about telling Santiani. | 而且别想告诉小桑提 |
[25:12] | She is a material witness. | 她能提供实质性的证据 |
[25:14] | She should be in protective custody. | 她应该被保护性监管 |
[25:16] | She’s safe for now. | 她现在很安全 |
[25:17] | But I promised her that I would put Van Doren behind bars. | 而且我答应了她会把范·迪伦送进监狱 |
[25:20] | By what? Arresting him for beating her? | 凭什么 因为打老婆而逮捕他 |
[25:22] | First time domestic violence offender | 家暴初犯者会被判缓刑 |
[25:24] | gets probation and anger management | 送去上情绪管理课 |
[25:26] | and that’s when he’s not rich and powerful. | 而且这些在他没钱没势时才能实现 |
[25:28] | And the alternative is? | 那替代方案是什么 |
[25:30] | We prove Van Doren killed his first wife. | 我们证明范·迪伦杀了他前妻 |
[25:32] | He’ll get life and Isabel will get a second chance. | 他被判终身监禁 伊泽贝尔也重获新生 |
[25:34] | But how do we prove that? | 但我们怎么才能证明呢 |
[25:36] | I’m working on that. | 我还在努力 |
[25:38] | Voila. | 瞧 |
[25:39] | From my stash of real-estate porn. | 从我收藏的房产杂志里找到的 |
[25:41] | Casa Van Doren circuit 2003. | 2003年范·迪伦之家的环视图 |
[25:44] | Photos were taken before Claire died | 克莱尔死之前拍的照片 |
[25:46] | The place hasn’t changed a bit. | 房子一点都没变 |
[25:48] | Yeah, why mess with perfection? | 干嘛要破坏这么完美的地方 |
[25:49] | That chesterfield-sofa is to die for. | 好想要这套切斯特菲尔德长沙发 |
[25:51] | Oh, and Greenwich PD finally coughed up the file | 格林威治的警察终于交出了 |
[25:53] | on the kayak mishap. | 皮划艇事故的文件 |
[25:57] | We do more interviews for a missing dog. | 审讯比丢狗案的还少 |
[25:59] | Van Doren could have killed her anywhere. | 范·迪伦可能随便找个地方杀她 |
[26:01] | Buried the body. Then, called the police | 埋尸 再报警 |
[26:03] | with that phony drowning story. | 编个溺水的谎言 |
[26:04] | Greenwich PD did one interview. | 格林威治的警察讯问过一个人 |
[26:07] | Van Doren’s secretary, Beth, | 范·迪伦的秘书 贝茨 |
[26:08] | who claims she saw Claire heading out in a kayak | 她声称自己看见克莱尔划着小艇出发 |
[26:12] | when she showed up to get some documents signed. | 那时她来请老板签一些文件 |
[26:16] | The money Van Doren gave Beth was a payoff | 范·迪伦给贝茨的钱是为了买通她 |
[26:20] | for her lie about seeing Claire. | 让她谎称看见了克莱尔 |
[26:23] | If we break Beth, we’ve got him. | 让贝茨说实话 就能抓住他 |
[26:25] | Let me take a shot at her. | 让我和她谈谈试试 |
[26:26] | It’s a man-woman thing. | 这是男女之间的事 |
[26:37] | Detective Broderick. | 布罗德里克警探 |
[26:38] | Was that information that I gave you helpful? | 我提供的信息有用吗 |
[26:40] | Very. | 很有用 |
[26:41] | I just have a few more questions. | 只是我还有几个问题 |
[26:43] | Can I give you a lift down to the precinct? | 我能载你去趟警局吗 |
[26:45] | I have to be back here at the crack of dawn. | 我得在破晓前回来 |
[26:47] | Maybe in the morning. | 早上吧 |
[26:48] | You can go if you want. | 你可以离开 |
[26:49] | But I’ll be back tomorrow. | 但我明天还会再来 |
[26:50] | You can’t walk away from a murder investigation. | 你无法从谋杀案的调查中脱身的 |
[26:54] | You can’t think I had something to do | 你不会觉得我和伊泽贝尔的死 |
[26:55] | with Isabel’s death. | 有关系吧 |
[26:56] | Not Isabel. Claire Van Doren. | 不是伊泽贝尔 是克莱尔·范·迪伦 |
[26:58] | – That was an accident. – That was a lie, | -那是个意外 -说谎 |
[27:00] | which, Greenwich cops bought | 格林威治的警察会相信 |
[27:02] | because you swore you saw Claire | 是因为你发誓自己看见克莱尔 |
[27:04] | head out in a kayak. | 乘着皮划艇离开 |
[27:05] | I, um… | 我 |
[27:08] | Mr. Van Doren wouldn’t | 范·迪伦先生不喜欢 |
[27:09] | want me discussing his private life with you. | 我和你谈论他的私生活 |
[27:11] | Yeah, because he pays you for your silence. | 因为他花钱让你闭嘴 |
[27:13] | Six figure salary, million dollar apartment… | 六位数的工资 上百万美元的公寓 |
[27:15] | – He’s a generous man. – He is a killer. | -他很慷慨 -他是杀人犯 |
[27:18] | And you know it. Whose side are you on? | 而且你知道 你帮谁 |
[27:20] | Your jack-hole boss or two women whose lives he took? | 你那混蛋老板 还是两名被他杀害的女子 |
[27:24] | He couldn’t have killed Claire. | 他不会杀害克莱尔的 |
[27:25] | – He loved her. – He beat her. | -他很爱她 -他虐打她 |
[27:27] | Just like he beat Isabel. We have proof. | 就像他虐打伊泽贝尔一样 我们有证据 |
[27:30] | Now, you’re going down as an accessory after the fact, | 现在你将被指控为同谋犯 |
[27:32] | unless you change your story right now. | 除非你把真相告诉我 |
[27:35] | Tell me the truth. | 跟我说实话吧 |
[27:37] | Did you see Claire that day or not? | 你那天到底有没有看到克莱尔 |
[27:42] | No. | 没 |
[27:43] | – But he swore to me… – Don’t say another word. | -但他对我发誓 -别再往下说 |
[27:46] | Breach the confidentiality agreement you signed | 违反你所签署的保密协议 |
[27:48] | and you lose everything. | 你将会一无所有 |
[27:49] | The Detective said he was going to arrest me. | 警探说他要逮捕我 |
[27:51] | If he had enough for an arrest | 如果他的证据充足 |
[27:52] | you’d be in handcuffs already. | 手铐早就戴在你手上了 |
[27:54] | David Ackerman, | 我叫大卫·艾克曼 |
[27:55] | house counsel for the Ledger. | 《文汇》的法律顾问 |
[27:56] | And unless you have a warrant, you’re trespassing. | 除非有搜查令 否则属于非法入侵 |
[27:59] | Am I, now? | 是吗 |
[28:00] | I could arrest you for obstruction this minute. | 现在我就能以故意妨碍罪逮捕你 |
[28:02] | You failed to appreciate | 你没意识到 |
[28:03] | how grave the consequences for your actions could be. | 自己的行为所导致的后果有多么严重 |
[28:05] | Let me warn you one last time, detective. | 我警告你最后一次 警探 |
[28:07] | – Stand down. – Screw you, Ackerman. | -退下 -去你的 艾克曼 |
[28:09] | And screw Van Doren. | 还有范·迪伦 |
[28:10] | He is a wife beating killer hiding behind his millions. | 他就是个以金钱脱罪的虐妻杀手 |
[28:13] | Thanks. You’ve just given me grounds | 谢谢 你刚刚给了我 |
[28:15] | for a defamation lawsuit. | 一个诽谤诉讼的理据 |
[28:17] | Opening the door to a thorough investigation | 打开了深入调查 |
[28:20] | of the second precinct. | 第二分局的大门 |
[28:21] | Including your detective ex-wife. | 包括你的警探前妻 |
[28:23] | She’s a public menace. | 她是个公害 |
[28:25] | And in this political climate | 在这种政治环境下 |
[28:27] | there’s a low threshold for police misconduct. | 警务人员行为不当的限度太低 |
[28:29] | Your client can’t intimidate his way out of a murder rap, | 你的委托人不可能以威逼利诱来逃脱谋杀罪的 |
[28:31] | no matter how rich he is. | 无论他多有钱 |
[28:32] | Escort him out. Now! | 送他出去 |
[28:34] | I can find my own way. | 我自己会走 |
[28:47] | Eat. | 吃吧 |
[28:49] | First thing tomorrow, we pick up the secretary. | 明早第一件事 我们去接他的秘书 |
[28:51] | Van Doren has to be stopped. | 必须要阻止范·迪伦 |
[28:52] | The rich and powerful | 要特别处理权富之人的案子 |
[28:53] | need to be handled differently or they walk. | 否则他们会逍遥法外 |
[28:55] | Ted Kennedy never did time for Chappaquiddick. | 特德·肯尼迪没在奎迪克岛坐过牢 |
[28:57] | OJ went to prison for burglary. | OJ却因盗窃罪入狱 |
[29:00] | I didn’t work those cases. | 因为这些案子不是我办的 |
[29:02] | Did you order yourself a pizza? | 你自己叫了匹萨吗 |
[29:03] | No. But, this is gonna get ugly. | 没有 但情况会变糟 |
[29:06] | These guys are going to play hardball. | 这些人一定会不择手段 |
[29:08] | Let them. | 让他们去 |
[29:12] | Why are you harassing Terrence Van Doren? | 你为什么骚扰特伦斯·范·迪伦 |
[29:14] | Can you defend your uncalled for attack on a grieving widower? | 你能解释你攻击哀伤鳏夫的不适当行为吗 |
[29:18] | And the incompetence at the second precinct… | 以及第二分局的无能 |
[29:21] | It’s officially ugly. | 情况开始变糟了 |
[29:28] | I’ve always had great respect for the NYPD. | 我一向非常尊敬纽约警局 |
[29:30] | Captain… | 警监 |
[29:31] | But now, I understand the recent anti-police backlash. | 但是现在 我明白最近的反警察活动 |
[29:34] | Detective Diamond and her ex-husband, Detective Broderick, | 戴蒙德警探与她的前夫布罗德里克警探 |
[29:37] | are the epidemie of rogue cops. | 完全不听从指挥 |
[29:40] | Should they even be working together? | 他们应该搭档工作吗 |
[29:43] | You know, I asked myself that every day. | 我每天都问自己这个问题 |
[29:45] | And now, so does the police commissioner | 现在警务署长一直烦着我 |
[29:47] | who is on my ass, screaming about my inability | 抱怨我工作无能 |
[29:50] | to control my detectives. | 无法管制我的警探 |
[29:51] | This is a blatant attempt to intimidate us. | 他在试图公然恐吓我们 |
[29:53] | Which is just proof that I’m right. | 这也证明我是对的 |
[29:56] | That Claire Van Doren was murdered. | 克莱尔·范·迪伦是被谋杀的 |
[29:57] | Are you done? | 你说完了吗 |
[30:00] | Take him down. | 找出他的犯罪证据 |
[30:05] | I’m sorry. | 你说什么 |
[30:06] | Did you just actually back my play? | 你刚刚是在支持我吗 |
[30:09] | Hell, yeah. | 当然 |
[30:13] | I didn’t expect that coming from you. | 没想到你会支持我 |
[30:16] | I have dealt with toads like Van Doren before. | 以前我对付过像范·迪伦这么无赖的人 |
[30:20] | Now, I assume you have a plan. | 我猜你已经有计划了 |
[30:22] | Plan-ish. | 算是吧 |
[30:24] | If Van Doren killed Claire in the study, as we suspect, | 若如我们所料 范·迪伦在书房杀害克莱尔 |
[30:28] | there might be trace evidence of the crimes still in that room. | 犯罪证据也许还在那个房间里 |
[30:31] | – It’s been 10 years. – Yes, | -已经过了十年 -是的 |
[30:32] | but according to Architecture and Decor, | 但据《建筑与装潢》所述 |
[30:35] | the place hasn’t changed a bit. | 那地方完全没变 |
[30:37] | All right. Take a team, hit the house. | 好吧 带一个小队 去搜查那间屋子 |
[30:38] | But, do everything by the book. | 但是一定要照章办事 |
[30:40] | Make sure that your search warrant is airtight. | 确认你的搜查令没问题 |
[30:42] | Here’s the “ish” part. | 这就是难搞之处 |
[30:44] | To get a warrant, I’d have to name Isabel as my source. | 申请搜查令 我得让伊泽贝尔当我的证人 |
[30:47] | And Van Doren would find out that she’s alive. | 这样范·迪伦就会发现她还活着 |
[30:49] | Captain, we can’t let that happen. | 警监 我们不能让这种情况发生 |
[30:50] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[30:52] | So, we will forgot the warrant. | 那就不管搜查令 |
[30:54] | Are you suggesting an illegal search? | 你是说非法搜查吗 |
[30:56] | What? No. Never. | 什么 不 绝对不行 |
[30:57] | I am suggesting | 我是说 |
[30:58] | that we use Van Doren’s media blitz against him. | 我们要利用范·迪伦的媒体力量来对付他 |
[31:01] | I’ll tell the press that my detectives | 我会告知媒体 我的警探们 |
[31:03] | just wanna take a look around the house, | 只是想在屋子四周搜查一下 |
[31:04] | ask him some questions to free him of all the charges. | 问他一些问题 好撤销对他的一切指控 |
[31:08] | Van Doren’s going to have to consent or he’ll look guilty. | 范·迪伦必须同意 否则会显得他心虚 |
[31:12] | – Smooth. – I hope it’s smooth enough. | -高招 -但愿这招够高 |
[31:19] | By signing this you consent to a search of the house | 签下此协议就等于你同意我们搜索这间房子 |
[31:21] | and the surrounding grounds. | 以及房子四周 |
[31:23] | You do not have to permit this. | 你不必同意 |
[31:25] | I have nothing to hide. | 我没什么好隐瞒的 |
[31:26] | This is just further proof | 这只是进一步的证明了 |
[31:27] | of the incompetence of your investigation. | 你们在调查方面的无能 |
[31:29] | Given that Isabel died in a car crash. | 鉴于伊泽贝尔是死于车祸 |
[31:32] | I have no idea what you could possibly hope to find here. | 我不知道你们还希望能在这找到什么 |
[31:34] | We are searching for evidence | 我们在寻找 |
[31:35] | related to the murder of the first Ms. Van Doren. | 与前任范·迪伦太太谋杀案有关的证据 |
[31:39] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[31:42] | This is insane. | 你们疯了吧 |
[31:43] | Claire wasn’t murdered, she died in a tragic accident. | 克莱尔不是被谋杀的 她死于不幸的事故 |
[31:45] | The police investigated. | 警方已经调查过了 |
[31:46] | And, we are reopening that investigation. | 我们在重新调查 |
[31:48] | Well, you go right ahead. | 尽管查吧 |
[31:50] | It’s a waste of time. | 你们在浪费时间 |
[31:51] | Well, you know me, | 你知道我是 |
[31:52] | the very picture of NYPD incompetence. | 纽约警局的无能典范 |
[32:01] | I cannot believe how clean this house is. | 不敢相信这房子如此干净 |
[32:03] | – I could eat off these floors. – That’s not saying much. | -掉地上的饭都能吃 -这话不对 |
[32:06] | You eat off your floors. | 你在家也会捡起来吃 |
[32:08] | Feel free to come and mop any time you want. | 欢迎随时来拖地 |
[32:11] | Oh, I do my share of the house work. | 家务我也有份做的 |
[32:15] | You did your share of a lot of things. | 有很多事你的确有份做 |
[32:18] | That doesn’t sound like a compliment. | 怎么听起来不像是称赞 |
[32:20] | No? | 不像吗 |
[32:21] | How is “Project forgiveness” coming along? | “原谅项目”进行得如何了 |
[32:25] | Well, it would be better | 如果你在这里 |
[32:27] | if you found some incriminating DNA in here. | 找到一些能定罪的DNA 会变好 |
[32:30] | Chances are Claire’s body is somewhere on the property. | 克莱尔的尸体很可能在这附近 |
[32:34] | I’m afraid, we’re too late. | 恐怕我们来得晚了 |
[32:37] | Sorry, my friends. | 抱歉 我的朋友 |
[32:38] | Roscoe did hit on something. | 罗斯科的确有所发现 |
[32:39] | Cadaver dogs only detect the smell of rotting flesh. | 警犬只能闻到肉体腐烂的味道 |
[32:42] | Oh, I am certain a body did decompose here. | 我很肯定这里藏有腐烂的尸体 |
[32:45] | Our K9 companion’s expert proboscis does not lie. | 警犬专业的鼻子是不会骗人的 |
[32:49] | But, apparently… | 但是很明显 |
[32:50] | Van Doren moved the body. | 范·迪伦移动过尸体 |
[32:53] | Dammit. | 见鬼的 |
[32:55] | This guy’s way ahead of us. | 他抢先我们一步 |
[32:57] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[32:58] | Widen the perimeter. Okay. | 扩大搜索范围 好 |
[33:01] | Absolutely nothing. | 真的什么都找不到 |
[33:03] | No blood, no fluids, nota. | 没有血迹 没有液体 什么都没有 |
[33:06] | Well, it’s not a total loss. | 也不算全无收获 |
[33:07] | Reynaldo just said that that they found | 雷纳尔多刚刚说 |
[33:08] | trace from remnants of a body in the surrounding grounds. | 他们在屋子周围找到了曾经埋尸的痕迹 |
[33:12] | – It’s gone now. – Well, of course, it is. | -尸体不见了 -当然了 |
[33:17] | What do you see? | 你看到什么了 |
[33:19] | It’s what I don’t see. | 是我没看到什么 |
[33:25] | – Oui, madame? – Hi. | -请吩咐 -你好 |
[33:27] | Uh, can you check Architecture and Decor. | 查一下《建筑与装潢》 |
[33:30] | Were there three tapestries | 范·迪伦书房的墙壁上的 |
[33:33] | hanging in Van Doren’s study or two? | 挂毯画是三幅还是两幅 |
[33:35] | Don’t have to check. Three. | 不必核实了 是三幅 |
[33:36] | It’s always three. Two is heresy. | 一直都是三幅 二象征着离经叛道 |
[33:38] | – Okay, just check again. – Yuppadoddle. | -好 再核实一次 -遵命 |
[33:42] | “A 16th century triptych adorns the walls. | 墙壁是以十六世纪的三联画做装饰 |
[33:44] | A three-part series depicting a lady with a unicorn.” | 由三部分组成 描绘一名女子和一只独角兽 |
[33:47] | Okay, lady, check. Unicorn, check. | 有女子 有独角兽 |
[33:50] | There’s only two. | 只有两幅 |
[33:51] | No collector would just sell one. | 收藏者不会只卖一幅 |
[33:52] | The remaining two would be worthless. | 剩余两幅就会一文不值 |
[33:54] | Well, not worthless-worthless. But still… | 不是真的一文不值 但是 |
[33:55] | like selling Larry but keeping Curly and Moe. | 就像《三个臭皮匠》 缺一不可 |
[33:58] | Maybe when Van Doren killed Claire | 也许在范·迪伦杀害克莱尔时 |
[33:59] | Some of her blood got on the tapestry. | 她的部分血渍溅到画上了 |
[34:02] | In order to get rid of her DNA he tossed it. | 为了不留下痕迹 他把那幅画扔了 |
[34:04] | Actually… | 事实上 |
[34:06] | he didn’t throw it out. | 他并没有扔掉 |
[34:07] | Well, then where is tapestry number three? | 那挂毯画三号在哪呢 |
[34:11] | Thank you for squeezing us in after-hours. | 多谢你能在工作之余为我们挤出时间 |
[34:13] | Always happy to arrange a private showing for dear friends. | 乐意为亲爱的朋友们安排一场私人参观 |
[34:16] | After all, the Carnegies are | 毕竟卡内基家的人 |
[34:18] | among the museum’s most generous supporters. | 是博物馆最慷慨的支持者 |
[34:20] | Aw, shucks! I’ll tell Grandemama. | 哪里哪里 我会转告祖母的 |
[34:23] | And here we are, | 我们到了 |
[34:24] | La dame a la licorne. | 《贵妇与独角兽》 |
[34:27] | Oh, I assure you, detective. It’s the same piece. | 我向你保证 警探 这是同一件藏品 |
[34:31] | Extremely rare. | 非常稀有 |
[34:32] | And Van Doren donated only the one? | 而范·迪伦只捐赠了这一件吗 |
[34:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:37] | Oh, I don’t mean to sound greedy but… | 我不想让别人觉得我很贪婪 不过 |
[34:39] | the gift would be more impactful if we have the other two. | 如果另两件也给我们的话 会更珍贵 |
[34:42] | When exactly did Van Doren make the donation? | 范·迪伦具体什么时候捐的 |
[34:45] | About 10 years ago. | 大概十年前 |
[34:46] | Right after Claire Van Doren disappeared. | 正好就在克莱尔·范·迪伦失踪后 |
[34:49] | Well, that’s right. It was donated as a tribute to her. | 没错 这正是为了悼念她才捐赠的 |
[34:53] | We are going to need to | 我们需要 |
[34:54] | have the tapestry examined for trace evidence. | 拿这幅挂毯画来做痕迹鉴证 |
[34:57] | Oh, I’m sorry, but I doubt you’ll find anything. | 对不起 我觉得你们什么也找不到 |
[34:59] | Well, you see, each new acquisition | 要知道 每一件藏品 |
[35:01] | receives an extensive cleaning and restoration. | 都会被深入去污和修复 |
[35:05] | Oh, excuse me, one moment. | 恕我失陪一会儿 |
[35:08] | Mr. Perfect did it again. | 无懈可击先生真是无懈可击 |
[35:10] | Ah, sorry I don’t quite follow. | 对不起 我没明白 |
[35:11] | Van Doren couldn’t destroy the blood stained tapestry, | 范·迪伦不能销毁被血渍污染的挂毯画 |
[35:15] | ’cause it’s too valuable. | 因为那实在太珍贵了 |
[35:16] | Yeah, someone would definitely | 是的 如果一套里少了一幅 |
[35:17] | notice if one-third of that set went missing. | 一定会有人发觉的 |
[35:19] | But if he kept it, someone might see the blood. | 但如果他留着 血渍可能会被人发现 |
[35:21] | And you can’t spot-clean | 也不能清理 |
[35:22] | – a priceless antique. – Heaven forbid. | -这样一件珍贵的古董 -老天不容 |
[35:25] | By donating it, he ensured that the DNA evidence | 但如果捐赠出去 就能确保DNA证据 |
[35:28] | would be destroyed through the restoration process. | 会在修复过程中被销毁 |
[35:31] | Killing three birds with one tax deduction. Impressive. | 捐赠出去就能一石二鸟 厉害 |
[35:35] | If there’s nothing else, | 如果没有别的事 |
[35:36] | I have a docent committee dinner. | 我还要参加一个向导委员会的晚宴 |
[35:38] | Ah, one last thing. | 最后一件事 |
[35:40] | Um, did Van Doren donate any other items? | 范·迪伦还捐赠过别的东西吗 |
[35:42] | Sadly not. | 没有 |
[35:44] | The museum was his mother’s pet charity. | 这家博物馆是他母亲心爱的慈善事业 |
[35:46] | And he didn’t keep-up the tradition. | 而他并没有秉承这个传统 |
[35:47] | I’m surprised, the Carnegies | 我很惊讶 卡内基家的人 |
[35:49] | would never abandon the philanthropic cause. | 绝不会摒弃慈善事业的 |
[35:50] | And we thank you for it. | 我们很感激这一点 |
[35:53] | But Van Doren despised his mother and we paid the price. | 但范·迪伦轻视他的母亲 受损失的是我们 |
[35:56] | He cut the museum off after she died. | 他母亲死后 他就跟博物馆断绝了关系 |
[36:01] | Adored his mom, she died last year. | 很爱他妈妈 她去年过世的 |
[36:04] | He still visits her grave every week. | 每周他都会去扫墓 |
[36:07] | I think Mr. Perfect just made his first mistake. | 我想无懈可击先生露出马脚了 |
[36:14] | I know I’m asking you to take a huge risk but it’s worth it. | 我知道这会让你冒很大的风险 但值得一试 |
[36:16] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么能确定 |
[36:17] | I found the evidence we need to put Van Doren away for life. | 我找到了可以让范·迪伦被判终身监禁的证据 |
[36:21] | What evidence? | 什么证据 |
[36:22] | Claire’s body. | 克莱尔的尸体 |
[36:24] | I think I know where it is. But I need you to prove it. | 我想我知道在哪里了 但我需要你去证实 |
[36:35] | I only ever open this up for Mr. Van Doren, | 我从来只为范·迪伦先生一人开门 |
[36:37] | but since you’re family… | 但既然你是他的家人 |
[36:39] | Thank you. My friends and I | 谢谢你 我朋友和我 |
[36:41] | just want to pay our respects. | 只是想聊表敬意 |
[36:49] | And how often does Mr. Van Doren pay his respect? | 范·迪伦先生多久来表一次敬意 |
[36:52] | Like clockwork. Every week since his mother died last year. | 很有规律 他母亲去年过世后 他每周都来 |
[36:55] | Brings fresh flowers every time, see? | 每次都带鲜花过来 看见了吗 |
[36:58] | – Ever bring anything else? – Just his briefcase. | -有带别的东西吗 -只有他的公文包 |
[37:00] | Busy man like that, I never saw him without it. | 像他那样的大忙人 公文包从不离身 |
[37:08] | David Van Doren. | 大卫·范·迪伦 |
[37:11] | – Beatrice Van Doren. – That’s his mom. | -碧翠丝·范·迪伦 -是他妈妈 |
[37:15] | All right. | 好了 |
[37:29] | Looks like the seal has been broken, | 看起来封印被毁坏了 |
[37:31] | meaning body may not be in pristine condition. | 表明尸体可能已经被腐蚀了 |
[37:36] | You can wait outside, if you want. | 如果你想到外面等的话 可以的 |
[37:37] | No, no. Whatever it is, I can handle it. | 不 无论如何 我都可以应付 |
[37:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:49] | Two skulls. | 两个颅骨 |
[37:50] | Gotcha, you bastard. | 抓到你了 你这个禽兽 |
[37:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:54] | And obviously, | 很明显 |
[37:56] | I’ll have to complete a full examination back at the lab. | 我会带回检验室做详细的检验 |
[37:59] | But this one has clear signs of head trauma, fractures. | 但这个颅骨有很明显的头部创伤 骨折痕迹 |
[38:03] | Here. | 在这里 |
[38:05] | And here. | 还有这里 |
[38:06] | – Poor Claire. – Skull fractures are proof of murder. | -可怜的克莱尔 -颅骨骨折是谋杀的证据 |
[38:09] | And proof that the kayaking story was bogus. | 也证实了划艇的故事是伪造的 |
[38:12] | But why here. | 但为什么在这里 |
[38:13] | Someone might have found the grave in the woods. | 有人会在森林里发现坟墓的 |
[38:15] | And you did. | 你就发现了 |
[38:16] | But a private crypt only | 但私人的地下墓室 |
[38:18] | family can enter making it the perfect place | 只有家人能够进入 是藏匿尸体的 |
[38:21] | to hide a body. | 最佳场所 |
[38:21] | Which is why he always had his briefcase with him. | 所以他每次都带着公文包进来 |
[38:24] | He brought Claire here, in pieces. | 他把克莱尔一块一块地带进来了 |
[38:29] | We got him. | 我们抓住他了 |
[38:31] | You’re free. | 你自由了 |
[38:37] | You can’t go in there. Mr. Van Doren the police are back. | 你们不能进去 范·迪伦先生 警察来了 |
[38:40] | Call security and my lawyers. | 叫保安 还有我的律师来 |
[38:42] | Beth Evans, you are under arrest for conspiracy. | 贝茨·埃文斯 你因同谋而被捕 |
[38:46] | They’re bluffing. | 他们在唬人 |
[38:49] | The rest of Claire’s skeleton is in the morgue. | 克莱尔的其余尸骨在停尸间 |
[38:52] | The M.E. just ruled her death a homicide. | 法医刚鉴定她的死因为谋杀 |
[38:55] | You really should have done | 你真的应该 |
[38:55] | a better job of pretending to love your mother. | 认真假扮你爱你的母亲 |
[38:59] | Maybe then, your visits | 如果那样的话 |
[39:00] | to the family crypt wouldn’t have stood out | 你去家族墓室的探访就不会 |
[39:02] | like a sore thumb or should I say… a sore ulna. | 引人注目 或许说让人联想到 尸骨 |
[39:06] | Only you had access to the tomb, | 只有你能进入墓室 |
[39:08] | so only you could put Claire’s remains back inside. | 所以只有你能将克莱尔的遗骸带进去 |
[39:11] | You’re going down for murder. | 这个谋杀罪你跑不了的 |
[39:19] | You had no right to access the crypt. | 你没有权利进入墓室 |
[39:21] | Without a warrant, anything you found is excluded from evidence. | 没有搜查令 找到的东西都不能作为证据 |
[39:24] | You just ensured that I will never see the inside of a courtroom. | 你刚才的话让我永远不用上法庭 |
[39:29] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[39:31] | I did not have legal access to the crypt. | 我没有合法权利进入墓室 |
[39:35] | But I did… | 但是我有 |
[39:38] | – Isabel! – Oh, did I forget to mention, she’s alive? | -伊泽贝尔 -我忘记告诉你她还活着吗 |
[39:42] | And that she gave me permission to search the crypt. | 而且她给了我搜查墓室的许可 |
[39:44] | And that she is not afraid to testify against you. | 而且她会勇敢地站出来指证你 |
[39:48] | You interfering bitch! | 你这个多管闲事的贱人 |
[39:50] | That’s me… | 我就是啊 |
[39:53] | And proud of it. | 我骄傲 |
[40:08] | Secretary cracked like an egg. | 那个秘书像鸡蛋一样脆弱 |
[40:10] | She never saw Claire that day. | 她那天并没看见克莱尔 |
[40:11] | So why did she lie? | 那她为什么说谎 |
[40:13] | She believed Van Doren’s kayak story. | 因为她相信范·迪伦划艇的故事 |
[40:16] | And she couldn’t believe that her beloved boss would lie to her. | 而且她不相信敬爱的老板会对她说谎 |
[40:19] | So she agreed to back his story to the Greenwich PD. | 所以她同意在格林威治警方面前为他圆谎 |
[40:22] | You know, if they had done a proper investigation, | 如果他们仔细调查的话 |
[40:25] | Van Doren would have spent the last 10 years in prison. | 范·迪伦十年前就该坐牢了 |
[40:28] | Well, he’s on his way, now. | 他现在正在去监狱的路上呢 |
[40:30] | Please tell me that that wasn’t really one of Claire’s bones. | 别告诉我那真的是克莱尔的骨头 |
[40:34] | Build-a-body kit from the science museum. | 科技博物馆里买的组成尸体工具包 |
[40:37] | It was a gift to the boys from Reynaldo. | 是给雷纳尔多家孩子的礼物 |
[40:42] | Okay, you know, I got to ask. | 好吧 我必须要问 |
[40:44] | You’ve been breaking my balls for months. | 那么久你一直都在为难我 |
[40:48] | But this time, you backed my play. Why now? | 但这次 你却支持我 为什么是现在 |
[40:58] | My ex hit me. | 我的前任打了我 |
[41:01] | Once. | 一次 |
[41:03] | And then I got the hell out. | 然后我就逃走了 |
[41:11] | I will see you in the morning, Diamond. | 明早见 戴蒙德 |
[41:19] | Can I buy the lady a drink? | 能请女士喝杯酒吗 |
[41:23] | I… am too tired to lift a glass | 我太累了 拿不动酒杯 |
[41:25] | and Alicia is just about to hit double OT. | 而且艾丽西娅刚加完两个班 |
[41:32] | How’s Isabel doing? | 伊泽贝尔怎么样了 |
[41:33] | She still can’t believe that | 她还是不能相信 |
[41:34] | she’s got a second chance at living her life. | 她有了人生的第二次机会 |
[41:39] | What would it take from me to get a second chance? | 你也给我第二次机会如何呢 |
[41:43] | You are relentless. | 你太冷酷了 |
[41:47] | For the last time, I am still working on forgiving you. | 最后说一次 我还在试图原谅你 |
[41:50] | You don’t have to forgive me, Laura, | 你不必原谅我 劳拉 |
[41:52] | I’d like it, but if you never did, | 当然我希望你原谅我 但就算不原谅 |
[41:56] | I’d understand. | 我也理解 |
[41:57] | So what you asking me? | 那你希望我干什么 |
[41:58] | You can be mad at me for the rest of your life, if you have to, | 如果你愿意 你可以永远都生我的气 |
[42:02] | just let me back into yours. | 但请让我进入你的生活 |
[42:06] | – Meaning? – I want a date. | -什么意思 -跟我约会 |
[42:10] | Jake, you know Tony and me. | 杰克 你知道托尼和我 |
[42:13] | – We are giving it a shot. – Go for it, I’m not telling you not to. | -我们想再试试 -试吧 我没有阻拦你 |
[42:17] | Just… | 只是 |
[42:19] | give me a shot. | 让我也试试 |
[42:21] | May the best man win. | 最优秀的会胜出 |