时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Hey, it’s your boy McEnroe again. | 嘿 我是你的老朋友麦肯罗 |
[00:15] | Now, you may be wondering | 你可能在想 |
[00:16] | did Devi redecorate and become a super fan of the classic rock power-group, | 德维是不是重新装修了房间 成了经典摇滚乐队 |
[00:21] | The Doobie Brothers? | 杜比兄弟的粉丝吗 |
[00:23] | Not quite. | 并不是 |
[00:24] | A week ago, Devi and her mom had an epic blowout | 一周前德维和她妈妈大吵了一架 |
[00:27] | after Nalini said they were relocating to India. | 起因是娜里妮说她们要搬去印度 |
[00:31] | You remember, the fight where Devi said this: | 你应该还记得 德维当时是这么说的 |
[00:34] | I wish you were the one that died that night. | 真希望那晚死的是你 |
[00:40] | After dropping that bomb, | 说了这句重话之后 |
[00:41] | Devi decided she had to move out of the house | 德维觉得自己必须得赶在她妈把自己 |
[00:44] | before her mom had a chance to move her across the globe. | 带到地球另一边前搬走 |
[00:47] | But where to go? | 但是搬去哪里呢 |
[00:48] | She wasn’t really on speaking terms with her two best friends, | 她跟自己最好的两个朋友还没和好 |
[00:52] | and it would be psycho to ask a guy she’s only kissed once | 如果问她只接过一次吻的男生 能不能住在一起 |
[00:55] | if she could live with him. | 人家一定觉得她有病 |
[01:01] | So there’s really only one person left. | 所以只有一个人选了 |
[01:04] | Hey, Devi. | 嘿 德维 |
[01:05] | Um, did something kinda weird happen? Or did I do something dumb at my party? | 有什么怪事发生吗 我在派对上有没有做什么蠢事 |
[01:10] | He’s talking about this: | 他在说这件事 |
[01:12] | Whoa. Were you just trying to kiss me? | 你是想要亲我吗 |
[01:15] | And then four seconds later, this: | 四秒之后 |
[01:17] | Ben, what the hell? | 本 你搞什么 |
[01:20] | Anyway, if I did, that was just alcohol doing its thang. | 反正如果有的话都是酒精害的 |
[01:23] | So I… I hope that you’re not feeling weird, or awkward, | 所以我希望你别觉得不舒服或者尴尬 |
[01:25] | – because I– – Can I move in with you? | -因为我… -我能跟你一起住吗 |
[01:29] | Ben’s parents were surprisingly cool about letting Devi move in. | 对于德维要搬进来的事 本的父母出人意料地不介意 |
[01:33] | Their only concern was that their last boarder, | 他们唯一的顾虑来自上一个寄宿学生 |
[01:35] | a Greek foreign-exchange student named Stavros, | 一个叫斯塔夫罗斯的希腊交换生 |
[01:38] | had robbed them and tried to seduce Ben’s mother. | 他不但偷东西还试图勾引本的妈妈 |
[01:41] | Devi promised she would do neither, | 德维保证自己不会做这种事 |
[01:43] | and was invited to stay in their rock-and-roll themed guest room. | 住进了本家里那间摇滚主题的客房 |
[01:47] | So now Devi got ready for school under the soulful gaze | 所以在霍华德·格罗斯最喜欢的客户的注视下 |
[01:50] | of Howard Gross’s favorite clients. | 德维做好了上学的准备 |
[02:03] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早 |
[02:04] | Good morning, Devi. | 早上好 德维 |
[02:07] | I have made your favorite: | 我做了你最爱吃的 |
[02:08] | – meat lover’s omelet. – Thank you, Patty. | -肉多多煎蛋卷 -谢谢你 帕蒂 |
[02:12] | Here’s number one million and one of the things | 这是几百万件事情里面我再也做不了的一件 |
[02:14] | I couldn’t get if I moved to India… | 如果我搬到了印度… |
[02:17] | ’cause nobody eats meat there. | 因为印度没人吃肉 |
[02:18] | Well, actually, that’s a common misconception. | 其实这是一个常见的误解 |
[02:20] | Only about 20 to 30 percent of the population in India | 只有20%到30%的印度人口 |
[02:23] | are truly vegetarian. | 是完全不吃肉的 |
[02:25] | I did an extra-credit report | 我写了一篇有额外学分的世界历史课报告 |
[02:26] | for World History on the cuisines of South Asia. | 关于南亚的烹饪 |
[02:28] | Suck-up. | 马屁精 |
[02:29] | You know, I would’ve run away earlier | 早知道能用上带电视的浴室 |
[02:31] | if I’d known I’d get to use a bathroom with a TV in it. | 我早就离家出走了 |
[02:34] | Yeah. I like to watch Billions in the bath. | 嗯 我喜欢边泡澡边看”亿万风云”[电视剧] |
[02:39] | – Have you heard from your mom? – No. | -你妈妈跟你联系了吗 -没有 |
[02:41] | Honestly, I’m surprised she hasn’t had the police come over here | 说实话我没想到她居然没有让警察 |
[02:45] | to drag you home. | 来把你抓回去 |
[02:46] | I’m not sure she wants me back. | 她不一定想让我回去 |
[02:48] | I mean, I’m like the only Indian child ever to run away from home | 我是说 我大概是唯一一个 家出走的印度孩子了 |
[02:52] | aside from Mowgli. | 除了狼孩毛克利[迪士尼电影主人公] |
[02:53] | Mowgli didn’t run away. He was lost after a tiger attack. | 毛克利没有离家出走 他是被老虎攻击之后走丢了 |
[02:57] | What? I’m a reader. | 怎么了 我读书很多 |
[02:59] | Look, maybe you should just apologize. | 要不你还是道歉吧 |
[03:01] | Why should I apologize? | 我为什么要道歉 |
[03:03] | She is the one who’s ruining my life by moving me to India. | 她要我搬去印度 我的人生都要被她毁了 |
[03:06] | I never even got to go to Coachella, Ben. | 我连科切拉音乐节都没去过 本 |
[03:08] | India is not that different from Coachella. | 印度和科切拉区别也没那么大 |
[03:10] | It’s crowded, dusty. Diplo’s sort of around. | 人又多 土又多 不过有迪普洛那样的DJ在 |
[03:13] | Forget it. I’m not going. | 别说了 我不去印度 |
[03:15] | You could ask my dad to help you emancipate yourself like a child actor. | 你可以让我爸帮你和你妈断绝关系 像童星那样 |
[03:18] | It usually goes pretty well for them. You’re looking to get into meth, right? | 一般来说对他们挺有用的 你也想沉迷冰毒 对吧 |
[03:29] | – Hello, Devi. – Jesus! Kamala, what the hell? | -你好 德维 -天啊 卡玛拉 你干吗 |
[03:33] | I’m sorry. I’ve been told before | 对不起 别人说我的脚步声轻盈优雅 |
[03:35] | that my light tread is too elegant to be detected by the human ear. | 人类的耳朵根本听不到 |
[03:38] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[03:39] | I thought you might need some things from home. | 家里有些东西你可能需要 |
[03:41] | It seemed like you packed in haste. | 你行李收拾得好像挺急的 |
[03:43] | Yeah. I’ve been using Ben’s deodorant all week. | 没错 我一整周都在用本的除臭剂 |
[03:46] | So, do you think you might return home sometime soon? | 你是不是很快就会回家了 |
[03:49] | It’s not as much fun watching 90 Day Fiancé | 自己一个人看”到美国结婚去”[真人秀] |
[03:51] | without your color commentary about all the, quote, “delusional uggos.” | 没有你的生动点评 像是”爱做梦的丑八怪” 节目没那么好看了 |
[03:54] | I don’t know, Kamala. | 我不知道 卡玛拉 |
[03:56] | Your mother also misses you a lot. | 你妈妈也很想你 |
[03:58] | Did she say that? | 她这么说了吗 |
[03:59] | Not in words, | 没说出来 |
[04:00] | but I did see her hesitate when she threw out all your favorite snacks. | 但我能看出来 她扔你最爱的零食的时候是有犹豫的 |
[04:04] | So, is it nice over at Ben’s? | 你在本家里住得好吗 |
[04:06] | It’s friggin’ luxurious. | 他家超级奢华 |
[04:08] | They have a pool. They have a gym. | 他们有泳池 还有健身房 |
[04:09] | They use hella cushy soft toilet paper. | 他家的厕纸超级柔软 |
[04:12] | Not that one-ply trash Mom buys. | 不像我妈买的那种单层的破烂纸 |
[04:14] | And they let me use the dishwasher. | 他们还让我用洗碗机 |
[04:16] | I’m sure if you came home, | 如果你回家 |
[04:17] | I could convince your mother to let you run the dishwasher once. | 我肯定能说服你妈让你用一次洗碗机 |
[04:19] | Oh! Which home? | 哪个家 |
[04:21] | The one here, or the one I’m being dragged to in India? | 这里的那个 还是把我带去印度的那个家 |
[04:25] | Obviously, you won’t need a dishwasher in India because you’ll have servants. | 去印度就用不着洗碗机了 因为会有佣人 |
[04:30] | Please just tell my mom I’m not coming home | 告诉我妈我不会回家的 |
[04:32] | until she promises not to move. | 除非她保证不搬走 |
[04:34] | Hello. You’re beautiful. Are you new here? | 你好 你好漂亮 你是新来的吗 |
[04:37] | Uh… excuse me? | 什么 |
[04:39] | I’m Eric, a very popular and handsome jock. | 我是埃里克 一个受欢迎又帅气的运动迷 |
[04:42] | Would you like to be my girlfriend? | 你愿意做我女朋友吗 |
[04:44] | Eric, get out of here. | 埃里克 走开 |
[04:45] | I totally get it. Have a good day. | 我懂了 祝你们有愉快的一天 |
[04:50] | Hello, Arlene, this is Nalini Vishwakumar. | 你好 艾琳 我是娜里妮·维什瓦库马尔 |
[04:54] | Oh, of course. Hello! | 是你啊 你好 |
[04:56] | Oh. How’s that classic three and two? | 你那套经典的三室两卫怎么样了 |
[05:00] | – It’s fine. – Fine? | -挺好的 -好 |
[05:01] | Sounds like it’s time for you guys to upgrade to a four and three, | 听起来你们该换一套四室三卫了 |
[05:04] | and I have new listing off of Moorpark | 我在穆尔帕克有新房源 |
[05:06] | with the most beautiful en suite you have ever seen in your life. | 卧室里有独卫 你想像不到有多漂亮 |
[05:09] | And you tell Mohan it’s got a rain shower. | 你告诉莫汉 还带淋浴的 |
[05:13] | I would, but, um… sadly, he passed away eight months ago. | 我本会的… 但是很不幸 他八个月前去世了 |
[05:17] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[05:18] | Oh, I am so sorry. | 请节哀 |
[05:20] | Thank you, and that’s actually why I’m calling. | 谢谢你 这也是我打电话的原因 |
[05:22] | I have decided to move my daughter and I back to India, | 我决定带着女儿回印度了 |
[05:25] | and, um, I’m looking to put my house on the market. | 所以想把房子卖掉 |
[05:28] | Uh, okay, sure. I’ll get right on it. | 好的 没问题 我马上处理 |
[05:30] | – Thank you. – But it is such a shame, you know? | -谢谢 -但是真的很可惜 你知道吗 |
[05:34] | Mohan really loved that house. | 莫汉真的很喜欢那套房子 |
[05:42] | Can you believe it? | 难以置信 |
[05:44] | Wow. This is perfect. | 天啊 简直完美 |
[05:46] | Does it get any more Southern California than this? | 还有比这更有南加州风格的吗 |
[05:50] | It’s 90210, baby. | 这里的邮编可是90210 |
[05:51] | Actually, it’s 91403. | 其实这里是91403 |
[05:54] | A higher number. Even better! | 这数字更大 更好了 |
[05:56] | How come in all the movies about Hollywood | 为什么关于好莱坞的电影里 |
[05:57] | no one mentions how many spiders live here? | 从来不说这里有多少蜘蛛 |
[06:00] | Forget about the spiders and look at the house. | 忘记蜘蛛吧 看看这房子 |
[06:03] | We could plant a little garden here, | 我们可以在这里弄一个花园 |
[06:06] | grow fresh tomatoes for thakkali sambar, | 种一些新鲜番茄做辣番茄汤 |
[06:08] | and our children could get married right here on this lawn. | 我们的孩子就在这片草坪上办婚礼 |
[06:11] | And when we grow old, we can sit on the porch | 等我们老了 就坐在门廊上 |
[06:14] | and shake our fists at the skateboarders. | 冲那些玩滑板的挥拳抗议 |
[06:17] | I do like to shake my fist. | 我倒真喜欢挥拳 |
[06:18] | So, you thinking this is the one, folks? | 所以你们挑中这套房子了吗 |
[06:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:26] | Yes, this is our home. | 是的 这就是我们的家 |
[06:29] | Wonderful! I’ll get started on the paperwork. | 太棒了 我去准备好文件 |
[06:32] | Welcome to the Valley, folks, | 欢迎来到圣费尔南多谷 朋友们 |
[06:34] | LA’s responsible sister. | 洛杉矶市的好邻居 |
[06:40] | Oh, my gosh. What is this song? | 天啊 听听这首歌 |
[06:42] | It’s a sign. It is a beautiful day! | 这是个兆头 今天是美好的一天 |
[06:45] | Arlene, can you please turn up that music? | 艾琳 音乐能大声点吗 |
[06:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:49] | This is my new favorite song. | 现在开始这就是我最喜欢的歌 |
[06:53] | No! | 别 |
[07:00] | Devi had hoped that kissing Paxton wasn’t a one-time thing, | 德维一直希望那次接吻后 能跟帕克斯顿有所进展 |
[07:04] | but ever since he showed up at her house, | 但是自从那天他来她家之后 |
[07:06] | he had been a little bit, how do you say… distant? | 就变得有点 怎么说呢… 疏远 |
[07:10] | Hey. I haven’t seen you all week. | 我一个星期都没见到你了 |
[07:13] | Yeah, I’ve been busy. | 嗯 我挺忙的 |
[07:14] | Cool. | 好吧 |
[07:15] | So listen, I’m sorry my mom was so crazy to you the other day. | 那个 我妈那天对你的态度很差 我很抱歉 |
[07:19] | It’s fine. I don’t really care what your mom thinks. | 没关系 我又不在乎你妈妈的想法 |
[07:22] | Totally. | 也是 |
[07:23] | I mean, honestly, I got into a huge fight with her after that. | 其实后来我跟她大吵了一架 |
[07:26] | Listen, I need to get to class. | 那个 我要去上课了 |
[07:29] | For sure, uh, but would you maybe wanna hang out after school or something? | 确实 但是放学以后 你想一起出去玩吗 |
[07:33] | I don’t know. I, like, have a lot going on with swimming and stuff. | 不知道 我还得去游泳啊什么的 |
[07:37] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[07:38] | Get out of there, Devi. This is a classic brush-off. | 快走吧 德维 这明显就是拒绝 |
[07:42] | Cool. Well, if you change your mind or anything– | 好吧 那如果你改主意了的话… |
[07:45] | Hey, move it along. We do not give grades for hallway loitering. | 嘿 别聊了 在楼道里闲聊可不会提高成绩 |
[07:49] | Go learn something. | 快去学习 |
[07:59] | Okay. Here you go. | 好了 给你 |
[08:01] | What’s the point of all the ceramics in here? | 摆那么多瓷器有什么意义 |
[08:04] | Just to make the place seem homier. | 就是增添一些家的感觉 |
[08:06] | Make my patients feel a little more comfortable. | 让我的病人放松一点 |
[08:09] | Strange. | 怪怪的 |
[08:10] | So, I’m glad you came in today. | 我很高兴你今天来了 |
[08:13] | I mean, I didn’t think you were someone who believed in therapy. | 我觉得你不像是相信心理治疗的人 |
[08:17] | I don’t. It’s for white people. | 我的确不信 心理治疗是白人做的 |
[08:19] | I mean, clearly, there are some exceptions. | 当然 很明显还是有例外的 |
[08:23] | I am not quite sure what to make of that, so I’m gonna ignore it. | 我也不知道怎么接 我就当没听到吧 |
[08:27] | What I do want to talk about is Devi’s progress. | 不过我的确想谈谈德维的进展 |
[08:31] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:32] | -I’m concerned. – Yeah, me too. | -我很担心 -我也是 |
[08:35] | I told her we were moving us back to India, | 我跟她说我们要搬回印度 |
[08:37] | and she ran away to live with a family | 她就搬去别人家住了 |
[08:39] | who apparently run their dishwasher day and night. | 那家人很明显从早到晚都开着洗碗机 |
[08:42] | – Wait. You’re moving back to India? – Yeah, we have to. | -等等 你们要搬回印度 -是的 我们必须回去 |
[08:46] | Devi is out of control. She needs to be in an environment that values discipline. | 德维已经管不住了 她得生活在重视纪律的环境里 |
[08:50] | Sure, but changing your geography | 当然 但就算换个地方 |
[08:53] | won’t necessarily change the problems that Devi is dealing with. | 也不一定就能解决德维的问题 |
[08:56] | Well, I’m certainly not fixing them here on my own. | 我一个人在这也没法解决这些问题 |
[08:59] | I know that I’m not as good as Mohan, | 我知道我不如莫汉 |
[09:02] | but I am trying. | 但我在努力 |
[09:06] | You must miss him a lot. | 你肯定很想他 |
[09:08] | How are you handling your grief? | 你怎么化解自己的悲痛的 |
[09:10] | Oh, you know what? I am not falling for this one. | 少来了 我不会上当的 |
[09:13] | I’m here to talk about my daughter who wishes I were dead. | 我是来谈我女儿的 她希望死的人是我 |
[09:18] | – I don’t think that’s true. – That is true. | -我不信她这么想 -她就是这么想 |
[09:20] | She said, quote, “I wish you were the one who had died.” | 她的原话是”我真希望死的人是你” |
[09:26] | And that she didn’t think I liked her. | 而且她觉得我不喜欢她 |
[09:30] | Why do you think Devi feels that way? | 你觉得德维为什么这么想 |
[09:33] | Because I’m tough on her. | 因为我对她很严厉 |
[09:36] | I am. I know that. | 的确严厉 我自己知道 |
[09:39] | But it’s only because I am scared… all the time. | 但只是因为我每分每秒… 都很害怕 |
[09:43] | When she couldn’t walk, I, um… | 她走不了路的那段时间 我… |
[09:51] | You don’t always have to be so strong. | 你不一定一直要很坚强 |
[09:54] | I mean, it might help her to know that you’re also struggling. | 我是说 如果她知道你也很痛苦 也许能帮到她 |
[09:59] | Come on. | 算了吧 |
[10:00] | What good would that do? Huh? | 怎么能帮上忙 |
[10:03] | Have you considered falling apart might actually be the thing that… | 你有没有想过也许袒露情绪能… |
[10:07] | brings your family back together? | 重新拉近你和家人的关系 |
[10:18] | Tomorrow is Mohan’s birthday. | 明天是莫汉的生日 |
[10:21] | He’d be so sad if he knew we weren’t speaking. | 他要是知道我们俩现在不说话了 肯定很难过 |
[10:33] | These ceramics are quite comforting. | 这些瓷器还真让人放松 |
[10:36] | For white people too. | 白人也这么觉得 |
[10:39] | All right. Trent thinks he can eat an– | 好的 特伦特以为自己能一口… |
[10:41] | – No, I know. – No, you think… | -不 我确定 -不 你以为… |
[10:44] | In one bite, in one bite… Prove it! | 一口吞 就一口… 证明你自己 |
[10:46] | – Are you guys ready? ‘Cause I’m ready. – Prove it. Go ahead. | -你们准备好了吗 我准备好了 -证明你自己 快点 |
[10:48] | Do it. Stuff it! Stuff it! Stuff it! | 吃啊 吞下去 吞下去 |
[10:54] | Get it in there. Yes! | 吃下去 太棒啦 |
[10:58] | Happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[11:03] | Happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[11:08] | Happy birth– | 祝你生… |
[11:19] | Devi, you have a visitor. | 德维 有人找你 |
[11:21] | Paxton? | 帕克斯顿 |
[11:27] | Oh, Miss Vivian does not allow any sugar in the house. | 薇薇安小姐不允许家里有任何糖 |
[11:31] | – She’s on keto diet and– – Just take it. | -她在进行生酮饮食 而且… -拿着 |
[11:40] | What are you doing here? | 你来干吗 |
[11:44] | I’m here because… um… | 我来是因为… |
[11:47] | even though your behavior has been outrageous | 尽管你的行为很过分 |
[11:49] | and incredibly disrespectful, I… | 而且极其无礼 我… |
[11:56] | I don’t want us to fight anymore. | 我希望我们别再吵架了 |
[12:05] | Today is your father’s birthday, and… | 今天是你父亲的生日 而且… |
[12:08] | I think it’s time for us to scatter his ashes. | 我觉得我们该去撒掉他的骨灰了 |
[12:11] | Would you do that with me? | 你愿意跟我一起去吗 |
[12:14] | You want to spread his ashes? | 你想撒掉他的骨灰 |
[12:21] | Why does it have to be today? | 为什么非得是今天 |
[12:24] | Because it’s his birthday, | 因为今天是他的生日 |
[12:26] | and we probably should have done it a long time ago. | 我们早就该这么做了 |
[12:30] | Or maybe it’s because you want to do some spring cleaning | 也许是因为你想搬走前 |
[12:32] | before uprooting the whole family, | 先做个大扫除 |
[12:34] | and you’re trying to get rid of unnecessary junk like Dad. | 你就想把像爸爸这样没用的垃圾扔掉 |
[12:37] | Devi, that’s, that’s unkind. I–I wanted us to do this together. | 德维 你太刻薄了 我希望我们俩一起去撒 |
[12:40] | Well, you can count me out. | 你自己去吧 |
[12:42] | I’m not Marie Kondo-ing members of this family | 我才不会为了搬回印度这个蠢主意 |
[12:44] | for your dumb India move. | 清走家里的成员 |
[12:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:51] | Like I said… | 我说过了… |
[12:53] | I don’t want to fight with you. | 我不想跟你吵 |
[12:56] | If you change your mind, Kamala and I are leaving the house | 万一你改变主意了 卡玛拉和我 |
[12:58] | for Malibu at 5:00 p.m. | 下午5点出发去马里布海滩 |
[13:15] | God, Dad, you have great flexibility. | 天啊 爸爸 你柔韧性太好了 |
[13:17] | Make sure you drink a lot of water today, okay? | 别忘了多喝水 好吗 |
[13:19] | Sure thing, champ. | 没问题 小伙子 |
[13:21] | Excuse me. I don’t mean to intrude, but, Mr. Gross sir, | 不好意思 打扰一下 格罗斯先生 |
[13:24] | I was wondering if you could help me become emancipated from my mother. | 我想问一下你能不能帮我断绝我和我妈的关系 |
[13:27] | What? Devi, I was joking when I said that. | 什么 德维 我是开玩笑的 |
[13:29] | I know, but now it seems like a good option for me. | 我知道 但我现在觉得是个好主意 |
[13:32] | It’s a bit hard to do, sweetie. | 这有点难 孩子 |
[13:35] | Are you financially independent? | 你经济独立吗 |
[13:37] | No, but I think my friend Rebecca could get me a job at Old Navy. | 没有 但我朋友丽贝卡应该能帮我在老海军店找份工作 |
[13:41] | Let me look into it, and, uh, I’ll see what I can do. | 让我想想看我能做什么 |
[13:44] | No, Dad, she didn’t mean it. | 不 爸爸 她不是认真的 |
[13:46] | Can I talk to you? | 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[13:47] | Thank you, Mr. Gross. | 谢谢 格罗斯先生 |
[13:50] | Devi, what’s going on? | 德维 怎么回事 |
[13:51] | My mom just came in here and was being all like, | 我妈刚才来了 而且一直在说 |
[13:54] | “I don’t wanna fight anymore. | “我不想再跟你吵了 |
[13:56] | Come spread you dad’s ashes with me at the beach.” | 跟我一起去海滩 把你爸的骨灰撒了吧” |
[13:58] | Isn’t that a good thing? | 这不好吗 |
[13:59] | No, it’s a ploy to get me back so that I have to move to India with her. | 不好 这是她把我骗回家然后跟她一起搬去印度的手段 |
[14:03] | And honestly, I can’t believe she’s using my dad’s ashes like that. | 而且说实话 我不敢相信 她居然这样利用我爸的骨灰 |
[14:07] | That’s, like, immoral. | 简直不道德 |
[14:08] | So you’re not going to spread your dad’s ashes? | 所以你就不去撒你爸爸的骨灰了吗 |
[14:11] | Nope. I’m not falling for her tricks. | 不去 我才不上她的当 |
[14:13] | I really think you should talk to her and clear this up. | 我真的觉得你应该跟她谈谈 把事情说开 |
[14:15] | I don’t negotiate with terrorists, Ben. | 我不跟恐怖分子谈判 本 |
[14:17] | And honestly, I’m mature enough to be on my own. | 而且说实话 我很成熟 已经能独立了 |
[14:19] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna google how to buy a credit card. | 我现在要去查怎么买信用卡了 告辞 |
[14:31] | I really only thought I’d be buying two Frappuccinos | 我以为我只用买两杯星冰乐 |
[14:33] | since I only asked two of you here. | 毕竟我只邀请了你们两个 |
[14:36] | Don’t be cheap, Ben. | 别那么小气 本 |
[14:37] | If you need to talk to us that urgently, you can also afford to hydrate our lovers. | 你那么着急找我们 就得给我们的情人买饮料 |
[14:41] | Fine. Why does the robot need a coffee? | 好吧 为什么机器人也要喝咖啡 |
[14:44] | Uh, have you not seen Westworld? | 你没看过”西部世界”吗 |
[14:46] | He doesn’t know he’s a robot. | 他不知道自己是机器人 |
[14:48] | Here you go, Gears. | 给你 吉尔斯 |
[14:49] | Thank you. Boy, am I thirsty. | 谢谢 天哪 我真渴 |
[14:52] | So what’s this about? | 你找我们干吗 |
[14:53] | Your blazer makes me think you’re trying to rope us into a pyramid scheme. | 你这身西装感觉像是要骗我们进传销 |
[14:56] | So, what is it? | 什么事 |
[14:58] | I’m really worried about Devi. | 我很担心德维 |
[15:00] | Listen, I’m sorry, Ben, | 听着 对不起 本 |
[15:02] | but Eleanor and I are on a friend break with Devi right now. | 但是我们暂时不是德维的朋友 |
[15:04] | So I guess you’ll just have to figure it out on your own. | 所以你得自己想办法了 |
[15:07] | There’s no such thing as a friend break. You’re either friends, or you’re not. | 什么叫暂时不是朋友 你们要么是朋友要么不是 |
[15:10] | And Devi needs you. | 德维需要你们 |
[15:12] | I don’t know how much you’ve heard, but she ran away from home. | 我不清楚你们知道多少 但是她离家出走了 |
[15:14] | – She’s trying to emancipate herself. – Ooh, like a child actor? Chic. | -她想跟她妈妈断绝关系 -就像童星那样吗 真时髦 |
[15:19] | Yeah, and now she’s refusing to go with her mom | 是的 而且她拒绝今天跟她妈妈 |
[15:22] | to spread her dad’s ashes today. | 一起去撒掉她爸爸的骨灰 |
[15:23] | She is? | 是吗 |
[15:24] | You guys know her better than anyone. You’re the only people she’ll listen to. | 你们最了解她了 她只会听你们的话 |
[15:28] | So, will you help? | 所以你们会帮忙吗 |
[15:34] | Oh, mama. That sure hit the spot. | 哦 妈妈 真是爽 |
[15:43] | Devi called. She wants to work with me at Old Navy. | 德维来电话了 她说想和我一起在老海军工作 |
[15:46] | Isn’t that cool? | 是不是很酷 |
[15:48] | Yeah, sure. | 是的 当然了 |
[15:49] | How come she hasn’t come over in a while? | 为什么这段时间她都没来 |
[15:52] | I thought you told me you kissed. | 你不是跟我说你们接吻了吗 |
[15:54] | – I kiss a lot of girls. – Yeah, but most of them suck. | -我亲过很多女生 -是的 但是她们大多都很烂 |
[15:58] | And I like Devi. | 我喜欢德维 |
[15:59] | Doesn’t mean I need to make her my girlfriend. | 那也不意味我就得找她做我女朋友 |
[16:01] | You should. | 你应该的 |
[16:02] | Listen, I don’t wanna sound conceited, | 听着 我也不想听上去自以为是 |
[16:05] | but I’m kind of cool, | 但是我挺酷的 |
[16:07] | and she’s, like, known for competing in the National Spelling Bee. | 但她是参加全国拼字大赛那种类型 |
[16:11] | – Oh, no. – What? | -不 -怎么了 |
[16:14] | You’re a douche. | 你就是个混蛋 |
[16:16] | – I am not. – Yeah, you are. | -我不是 -你就是 |
[16:19] | Rebecca, look. We kissed one time. | 丽贝卡 我们只接过一次吻而已 |
[16:23] | I don’t need to marry her. | 我不用娶了她 |
[16:24] | Also, her mom basically called me stupid, | 而且她妈妈骂我蠢 |
[16:27] | and I don’t need that kinda negative energy in my life. | 我生活中不需要这种负能量 |
[16:29] | Oh, so you’re scared she’s smarter than you? | 所以你怕她比你聪明 |
[16:33] | No. Uh… | 才没有 |
[16:34] | That’s pretty rude, Rebecca. | 这样说好过分 丽贝卡 |
[16:36] | Well, if you blow her off, then actually, you are stupid. | 如果你放她走了 那你就是真的蠢 |
[16:50] | Hey, you have guests. | 有人找你 |
[16:51] | Whoa. What is this room? | 天啊 这房间怎么回事 |
[16:55] | Why are they here? | 她们来干吗 |
[16:57] | I’d prefer not to have any visitors right now. | 我现在谁都不想见 |
[16:59] | First off, this is my house, so I can bring anyone I want… | 首先 这是我的家 所以我想带谁来就带谁来… |
[17:02] | except for my dad’s old law partner who poached Channing Tatum from him. | 除了我爸的老搭档 他把查宁·塔图姆[演员]挖走了 |
[17:06] | I asked them to come and help you. | 我请她们来帮你的 |
[17:08] | Help me what? | 帮我什么 |
[17:10] | You have to go with your mom to spread your dad’s ashes. | 你必须跟你妈妈一起去撒你爸爸的骨灰 |
[17:12] | Even though we haven’t talked, we still care about you, | 虽然我们不讲话了 但我们还是关心你的 |
[17:15] | and we don’t want you to make a decision you’re gonna regret forever. | 我们不想让你做出后悔终生的决定 |
[17:20] | You know, you’re one to talk about regrets, Eleanor. | 你还讲什么后悔呢 埃莉诺 |
[17:23] | What are you even wearing? | 你穿的是什么 |
[17:25] | Tan pants, tan shirt. | 褐色的裤子 褐色的衬衫 |
[17:27] | And you’re not gonna regret quitting the play, | 你不会后悔退出那部戏 |
[17:30] | or dressing like a park ranger for the rest of your life? | 或者一辈子穿得像个护林员吗 |
[17:32] | This isn’t about me. We’re talking about you right now. | 现在不是在说我 现在是在说你的事 |
[17:36] | I know Devi is deflecting, but she has a point, El. | 我知道德维在转移话题 但她说的有道理 埃尔 |
[17:38] | Last night, I saw you eat a plain yogurt | 昨晚我看到你在吃原味酸奶 |
[17:41] | and watch the Home Shopping Network as entertainment. | 还看家庭购物台当消遣 |
[17:43] | That sounds really bleak, Eleanor. | 听起来很不乐观啊 埃莉诺 |
[17:45] | I know you don’t want to be like your mom, | 我知道你不想像你妈妈一样 |
[17:48] | but this new you can’t be making you happy. | 但这个版本的你不会开心的 |
[17:53] | It’s not. I’m miserable. | 我一点都不开心 我很痛苦 |
[17:56] | I hate neutral tones. I miss my scarves and capes. | 我讨厌中性色系 我想念我的围巾和披肩 |
[18:00] | Of course, you do because they’re you, | 你当然想它们啦 因为有了它们才是真正的你 |
[18:02] | and so is acting. | 表演也是 |
[18:04] | You should be a part of the play. | 你应该参加那出话剧的 |
[18:06] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[18:08] | I was pretending to be someone I’m not, which I should only be doing on stage. | 我在扮演别人 这是在舞台上才该干的事 |
[18:13] | Wow. Even saying the word “stage” makes me feel better. | 光是说到”舞台”这两个字 都觉得好多了 |
[18:17] | Guys, I am so sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me. | 各位 你们需要我的时候我不在 真的很抱歉 |
[18:22] | I know I don’t deserve another chance, | 我知道我不配第二次机会 |
[18:25] | but I really, really miss you. | 但我真的真的很想你们 |
[18:29] | We miss you too, Devi. | 我们也想你 德维 |
[18:32] | Maybe we could hang out sometime? | 那我们是不是可以改天一起玩 |
[18:36] | Yeah, I think so. | 是的 我同意 |
[18:38] | We’ll call you tomorrow. Aw! | 我们明天给你打电话 |
[18:43] | Hey, guys. You didn’t do the thing. | 你们俩 该干的事还没干呢 |
[18:47] | Get her to spread her dad’s ashes. | 劝她去撒她爸爸的骨灰 |
[18:48] | I totally forgot why we were here. | 我完全忘记来这里干嘛了 |
[18:50] | You just like used straight-up Jedi mind tricks on us. | 你简直像是对我们用了绝地武士的控心术 |
[18:53] | I know, but I did mean what I said. I really do miss you guys. | 我知道 但我刚才说的都是认真的 我真的很想你们 |
[18:57] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. You still have to go to Malibu. | 对 但你还是得去马里布 |
[18:59] | So my mom can ship me off to India? | 然后就让我妈把我运去印度吗 |
[19:01] | That’s not why you don’t wanna go. | 这才不是你不去的原因 |
[19:04] | You don’t wanna go because you don’t wanna say goodbye to him. | 你不去是因为你不想跟他说再见 |
[19:08] | But you have to. | 但你必须说 |
[19:11] | I’m not ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[19:15] | Yes, you are. You can do this. | 你准备好了 你能做到的 |
[19:19] | You gotta go. | 你得去 |
[19:20] | Go, Devi. | 快去 德维 |
[19:22] | The time is now 4:55. | 现在是4点55分 |
[19:26] | Oh, my God. I’m not gonna make it in time! | 我的天啊 我赶不上了 |
[19:31] | I’ll get you there. | 我送你去 |
[19:35] | Hey, Ben, when you said, “I’ll get you there,” | 本 你说”我送你去”的时候 |
[19:38] | you made it seem like you understood the urgency of the situation. | 感觉你理解情况的紧急程度 |
[19:41] | – I do. – Then drive faster, bro! | -我理解 -那就开快点 老兄 |
[19:43] | This is my dad’s car, and I only have a permit. | 这是我爸的车 而且我只有初学者驾照 |
[19:46] | I’m not gonna throw my life away for you. | 我可不要为了你丢了性命 |
[19:48] | At least drive the speed limit. | 那起码开到最低限速吧 |
[20:02] | Oh, my God. Grandma, go! | 我的天啊 老奶奶 开车 |
[20:05] | Hey, stop pushing my leg. | 不要推我的腿 |
[20:06] | This is not how you treat a Porsche. | 保时捷不是这样开的 |
[20:10] | Should we wait a little bit longer? | 我们要不要再等等 |
[20:12] | She’s not coming, Kamala. | 她不会来了 卡玛拉 |
[20:15] | We don’t have to do this today, you know. | 其实我们不一定非得今天去 |
[20:17] | It’s his birthday. I want to take him somewhere he loves. | 今天是他的生日 我想带他去他喜欢的地方 |
[20:22] | Shit! My mom’s car is gone. | 靠 我妈的车不在了 |
[20:29] | Andy, did you see my mom leave? | 安迪 你看到我妈出门了吗 |
[20:30] | Yeah, not long ago. | 看到了 没走多久 |
[20:32] | She had an intense vibe. | 她的神情很凝重 |
[20:33] | Dammit. They already left for Malibu. | 该死 她们已经出发了 |
[20:35] | I gotta call them. | 我得给她们打电话 |
[20:39] | Straight to voicemail. | 转到语音信箱了 |
[20:41] | I’ll take you to Malibu. | 我带你去马里布 |
[20:43] | I think it might be faster if I just take a Lyft. | 我觉得还是叫个车比较快 |
[20:44] | No. I’ll be faster this time. | 不 这次我会开快一点 |
[20:46] | Although I’ve never been on the highway before, | 虽然我从没上过高速 |
[20:48] | but how hard could it be? | 但能有多难呢 |
[20:49] | Holy shit. We’re gonna die! | 我靠 我们要死了 |
[20:52] | How is it legal to drive 70 miles an hour around a thousand other cars? | 在这么多车的地方开到70码怎么不违法 |
[20:56] | – Okay. Just relax. – I am relaxed. | -好了 放松点 -我很放松 |
[21:03] | Please wait. I’m on my way to you. | 求你们等等 我在去的路上 |
[21:07] | Why is that guy so close to me? Does he not see me? | 这人怎么离我那么近 他看不到我吗 |
[21:10] | I’m right next to you, pal. | 我就在你旁边 老哥 |
[21:11] | Oh, my God! Use your fricking blinker! | 我的天啊 方向灯能不能打一下 |
[21:28] | Mom! Wait! | 妈 等一下 |
[21:31] | Mom! Kamala! Stop! | 妈 卡玛拉 停下 |
[21:34] | Wait, please! | 等一下 求你了 |
[21:39] | Are you okay, kid? | 你还好吗 孩子 |
[21:41] | Oh, fuck. You’re John McEnroe. | 靠 你是约翰·麦肯罗 |
[21:43] | I am. | 是我 |
[21:44] | Whoa! It’s me. Small world. | 就是我 世界真小 |
[21:47] | My dad’s your biggest fan. | 我爸爸是你的超级大粉丝 |
[21:49] | That’s awesome, but why are you crying and screaming? | 真好 不过你连哭带喊地在干吗 |
[21:51] | Because my mom is about to toss my dad in the ocean, | 因为我妈要把我爸扔到海里了 |
[21:54] | and I can’t make it down there in time. | 我来不及下去了 |
[21:57] | His ashes, I mean. Sorry. He’s dead. | 我是说他的骨灰 对不起 他死了 |
[22:00] | Yeah, a lot of my fans are now. | 我很多粉丝都死了 |
[22:02] | I was such a shitty daughter, and I said I wouldn’t come. | 我是个很差劲的女儿 我跟她说我不会来 |
[22:05] | Now they’re doing it without me. | 现在她们不等我来就撒了 |
[22:07] | I’m trying to scream, but they can’t hear me. | 我使劲喊了 她们也听不到 |
[22:08] | Well, they’ll certainly hear me. | 她们肯定能听到我 |
[22:17] | We can’t do this without Devi. | 德维不在我们不能撒 |
[22:20] | Wait! Hey! | 等等 嘿 |
[22:24] | Don’t throw your husband’s ashes in the water! | 不要把你丈夫的骨灰撒到海里 |
[22:30] | Is that John McEnroe? | 那是约翰·麦肯罗吗 |
[22:34] | – Thank you so much, Mr. McEnroe. – No problem, kid. | -太感谢你了 麦肯罗先生 -不客气 孩子 |
[22:36] | Now, you give your dad a proper send off, okay? Get going. | 跟你爸爸去正式道个别吧 好吗 快去吧 |
[22:44] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[22:45] | Did I miss it? Am I too late? | 我错过了吗 我来晚了吗 |
[22:49] | I’m so sorry. I’m sorry for everything. | 对不起 我对所有事情都很抱歉 |
[22:51] | I can’t believe I said, “I wish you were dead.” I didn’t mean it. | 我不敢相信我说了”我希望死的是你” 我不是认真的 |
[22:55] | No, no. Don’t apologize. | 不 别道歉了 |
[22:58] | Sometimes I also wish I was the one who had died. | 有时候我也希望自己才是死掉的那个 |
[23:00] | No. | 不 |
[23:02] | I know you think that it was your father who was the only one who cared about you, | 我知道你觉得 你父亲才是唯一关心你的人 |
[23:05] | but that’s not true. | 但其实不是的 |
[23:07] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[23:09] | You’re my only child. | 你是我唯一的孩子 |
[23:10] | You’re my whole family. | 你是我唯一的家人 |
[23:17] | I love you too, Mom. I love you. | 我也爱你 妈妈 我爱你 |
[23:21] | Now how about we celebrate your father? | 我们开始纪念你父亲吧 |
[23:24] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[23:25] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:55] | Okay, Kamala, if you please. | 好了 卡玛拉 开始吧 |
[24:23] | Goodbye, my love. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[24:35] | “‘I love you right up to the moon,’ he said.” | “我非常非常爱你” 他说 |
[24:37] | Up, up. Racket head up, and through. | 向上 球拍向上 然后挥出去 |
[25:05] | I think your father would’ve enjoyed that little ceremony. | 我觉得你父亲会喜欢那个小仪式的 |
[25:08] | It was beautiful… | 很美好… |
[25:09] | except for when that booze cruise came by. | 除了那艘酒宴邮轮经过的时候 |
[25:11] | So many topless women. | 有好多上身赤裸的女人 |
[25:14] | I think Mohan would’ve enjoyed that as well. | 我觉得莫汉也会喜欢的 |
[25:17] | Mom, can we make pancakes for dinner like he used to? | 妈 晚饭能不能像他以前一样做薄饼 |
[25:21] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[25:23] | but you have to come home to eat them. | 不过你得回家来吃 |
[25:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:35] | Go ahead. I’ll be right there. | 你们先走 我马上来 |
[25:46] | Hi. Was I drooling? | 我流口水了吗 |
[25:51] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[25:53] | Uh, how did it go? Did you make it down there in time? | 怎么样了 你赶上了吗 |
[25:56] | Yeah. | 赶上了 |
[25:59] | You stayed. | 你没走 |
[26:01] | Yeah. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. | 对 我就是想确保你没事 |
[26:28] | It’s Devi. Leave a message. | 我是德维 请留言吧 |
[26:31] | Oh, hey, um, I’m in your neighborhood. | 嘿 我在你家附近 |
[26:35] | Thought maybe we can hang out, but, uh, it seems like you’re busy, so… | 我想我们可以一起出去 但你好像很忙 所以… |
[26:40] | Anyway, you can give me a call or text. Whatever. | 总之 给我打电话或者发信息吧 怎样都行 |
[26:45] | Okay. | 就这样 |
[26:51] | ♪ All my life, I’ve been hiding myself ♪ | ♪ 我一直在隐藏自己 ♪ |
[26:55] | ♪ Just waiting for a boy like you ♪ | ♪ 等你这样的男生出现 ♪ |
[26:58] | ♪ There’s no need to hide ♪ | ♪ 没有必要逃避 ♪ |
[27:00] | ♪ Running home from the bus stop crying ♪ | ♪ 从公交站台哭着跑回家 ♪ |
[27:03] | ♪ Over stupid words from boys like you ♪ | ♪ 因为你这样的男生说的蠢话 ♪ |
[27:06] | ♪ There’s no need to hide ♪ | ♪ 没有必要逃避 ♪ |
[27:08] | ♪ Not answering questions in math class ♪ | ♪ 不在数学课上回答问题 ♪ |
[27:12] | ♪ ‘Cause I answer them before boys like you ♪ | ♪ 因为我会比你这样的男生先想出来 ♪ |
[27:15] | ♪ There’s no need to hide ♪ | ♪ 没有必要逃避 ♪ |
[27:17] | ♪ Promise myself When I’m older and brave ♪ | ♪ 我答应自己长大勇敢以后 ♪ |
[27:20] | ♪ I will never love a boy like you ♪ | ♪ 不再爱上你这样的男生 ♪ |
[27:23] | ♪ There’s no need to hide ♪ | ♪ 没有必要逃避 ♪ |
[27:25] | ♪ All my life, I’ve been hiding myself ♪ | ♪ 我一直在隐藏自己 ♪ |
[27:28] | ♪ Just waiting for a boy like you ♪ | ♪ 等你这样的男生出现 ♪ |
[27:33] | ♪ Running home from the bus stop crying ♪ | ♪ 从公交站台哭着跑回家 ♪ |
[27:36] | ♪ Over stupid words from boys like you ♪ | ♪ 因为你这样的男生说的蠢话 ♪ |
[27:41] | ♪ Not answering questions in math class ♪ | ♪ 不在数学课上回答问题 ♪ |
[27:45] | ♪ ‘Cause I answer them before boys like you ♪ | ♪ 因为我会比你这样的男生先想出来 ♪ |
[27:50] | ♪ Running home from the bus stop crying ♪ | ♪ 从公交站台哭着跑回家 ♪ |
[27:53] | ♪ Over stupid words from boys like you ♪ | ♪ 因为你这样的男生说的蠢话 ♪ |
[27:58] | ♪ Promise myself When I’m older and brave ♪ | ♪ 我答应自己长大勇敢以后 ♪ |
[28:01] | ♪ I will never love a boy like you ♪ | ♪ 不再爱上你这样的男生 ♪ |
[28:08] | ♪ I’ll never love again ♪ | ♪ 我不会再陷入爱情 ♪ |