时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Since Devi had patched things up with Paxton, | 因为迪薇和派克斯顿重修旧好 |
[00:14] | she didn’t feel like fleeing the country anymore. | 所以她已经不想潜逃出境了 |
[00:17] | Now, all she had to do was smooth things over with Ben. | 现在只要跟小班把话讲开就好 |
[00:23] | Heard you’re not moving to India anymore. | 听说你没有要搬到印度了 |
[00:26] | Yeah! My mom decided we should stay, so… | 对啊 我妈决定留下来 所以 |
[00:28] | That’s too bad. Now I have to look at your face for the rest of the year. | 真讨厌 那我今年都会看到你了 |
[00:33] | Seems like he still needs some time. | 看来他还需要一点时间 |
[00:35] | Regardless, her days of being a two-timing girlfriend were over, | 不过她脚踏两条船的时间已经过去 |
[00:38] | and she was happy going back to being the one and only nerdy Indian girl | 她也愿意继续当雪曼橡树高中唯一的 |
[00:42] | at Sherman Oaks… | 印度书虫女生 |
[00:44] | Who the hell is that? | 这家伙是谁啊? |
[00:46] | Everybody, we have a new transfer student. Aneesa, please, introduce yourself. | 各位同学 有个新的转学生 阿妮莎 请自我介绍 |
[00:51] | Uh, hey, what’s up? I’m Aneesa. | 大家好 我叫阿妮莎 |
[00:53] | I transferred from Toluca Prep. | 刚从托路卡预备中学转来 |
[00:59] | Oh, shit, should I say more? Shit! Sorry for saying “shit!” | 靠 还要讲吗?靠 抱歉我说了”靠” |
[01:03] | Okay, yeah. Am I nailing this? | 好 我表现得不错吧? |
[01:08] | Uh, I don’t know what to say. I play soccer. | 我不知道该说什么 我踢足球 |
[01:10] | For real? What position? | 真的?什么位置? |
[01:11] | Defense. | 防守 |
[01:12] | Checks out. She’s legit. | 没问题 她很酷 |
[01:16] | Devi was in awe of this cool Indian teen. | 迪薇好佩服这个超酷的印度少女 |
[01:19] | She had always assumed her unpopularity was because of racism, | 她老是以为自己人缘差 是因为种族歧视 |
[01:22] | but this new kid was proving that Devi might just be objectively lame. | 但这个转学生证明了 迪薇可能真的就是逊 |
[01:26] | But, Aneesa, that is such a… unique name. Is that Arabic? | 可是阿妮莎这个名字很特别 是阿拉伯名字吗? |
[01:33] | Yeah, I’m Muslim. | 对 我是穆斯林 |
[01:34] | As-salamu alaykum. | 祝你平安 |
[01:36] | I insist that you pray in my class anytime you need to. | 我坚持你在上课时可以随时祈祷 |
[01:39] | In fact, I have a prayer mat in my car if you ever want to borrow it. | 其实我的车上有祈祷垫 欢迎你借用 |
[01:42] | Great. Thank you, sir. | 好 谢谢老师 |
[01:45] | You’re welcome, Devi. | 不客气 迪薇 |
[01:47] | -I mean, Aneesa. -No way! | -我是说阿妮莎 -不会吧? |
[01:49] | No, what? Who said that? Me? I, um… | 不对 什么?是谁说的?我吗?我 |
[01:53] | I resign. I cancel myself. | 我辞职 我要让自己消失 |
[01:55] | Yeah, right. Aneesa’s like Devi 2.0. | 好耶 阿妮莎就像2.0版的迪薇 |
[01:59] | No offense, Devi 1.0. | 别生气 1.0版的迪薇 |
[02:10] | 好想做一次 | |
[02:15] | I’m so excited for our sleepover this Friday. | 我好高兴 礼拜五要去你家过夜 |
[02:18] | And honestly, I have to get out of the house. | 说实话 我非离开家不可 |
[02:20] | My dad and Sharon are suffocating me. | 我爸和雪伦快把我闷死了 |
[02:23] | Ever since my mom left, it’s been like a constant stream of, | 我妈离家出走后 他们就一天到晚说 |
[02:26] | “Are you okay? Are you sad? You need to talk?” | ”你还好吗?你难过吗?要聊聊吗?” |
[02:29] | It sounds like they’re just trying to comfort you. | 他们应该只是想安慰你 |
[02:31] | I don’t need comforting. | 我不需要安慰 |
[02:33] | So what my mom left me | 我妈为了当电视剧临演 |
[02:34] | to be an extra on The Good Fight? | 而离开我又怎样? |
[02:36] | Who cares? It’s not that big of a deal! | 了不起喔?又不是什么大事 |
[02:39] | Do you want me to ask follow-up questions? | 你是要我继续问下去? |
[02:42] | Or do you want to anger-eat that apple? | 还是要怒吃那颗苹果? |
[02:44] | -Apple. -Okay. | -苹果 -好 |
[02:46] | In that case, let me change the subject. | 那我们换个话题 |
[02:49] | What do you think about Aneesa? | 你觉得阿妮莎怎么样? |
[02:50] | Boring, but kind of a try-hard, right? | 很无趣 但想努力融入 对吧? |
[02:52] | I would argue the opposite. She seems effortless. | 我的想法刚好相反 她看起来很自然 |
[02:55] | Mmm, I don’t know. Look how she’s sucking up to the popular kids. | 不知道耶 你看她一直巴结校园红人 |
[02:58] | I get a self-hating Indian vibe from her. | 我觉得她讨厌自己的印度血统 |
[03:00] | I bet she doesn’t have any Indian friends. | 她一定没有印度朋友 |
[03:03] | Neither do you. | 你还不是? |
[03:04] | What? I’m friends with my cousin. | 什么?我跟我表姐是朋友啊 |
[03:06] | Where are all of your Chinese friends? | 你的华人朋友在哪里? |
[03:09] | I have tons of Chinese friends! | 我有一狗票华人朋友 |
[03:11] | Ed, Grace, Wei, David, Lee, Ann. | 艾德 葛莉丝 魏 大卫 李 安 |
[03:14] | You would know them if you came and saw | 你来看我的”上嗨音符” |
[03:16] | my Chinese a capella group, the Shang-High Notes. | 华人清唱团演出就会认识他们 |
[03:20] | Devi, here you are. | 迪薇 你在这里啊 |
[03:22] | As you know, we have a new student. We need someone to show her around. | 我们今天需要有人带新生参观校园 |
[03:26] | Principal Grubbs, are you serious? | 格拉伯校长 你是说真的吗? |
[03:28] | Put the Indian kids together since we’re all the same. | 故意凑合印度学生 反正我们都一样 |
[03:30] | What? No! You and her have the exact same schedule. | 什么?哪有 你们的课完全一样 |
[03:34] | And don’t you try to play the race card. | 少跟我打种族牌 |
[03:36] | I will Reverse, Draw Four, and Uno you in that game. | 我打这种牌绝对让你哭得叫不敢 |
[03:42] | So what should I know about Sherman Oaks? | 雪曼橡树高中有什么注意事项? |
[03:44] | Who do we love? Who do we hate? | 要喜欢谁?讨厌谁? |
[03:46] | Is it safe to drink from the water fountains? | 喝饮水机的水安全吗? |
[03:48] | That’s a hard no. If you turn them on, the hallway will smell like farts, | 不安全 一打开就会让走廊有屁味 |
[03:51] | so don’t do that. | 所以千万别开 |
[03:54] | So, uh, what kind of things are you into? | 你有什么兴趣? |
[03:56] | Uh, normal teen stuff. | 跟一般青少年相同 |
[03:58] | Kickin’ it old school. Kickin’ it new school. | 跟以前和现在的学生没两样 |
[04:01] | I actually threw a pretty huge rager a couple of weeks ago. | 其实我几周前办过一场很大的轰趴 |
[04:04] | Whoa, that was your party? I heard about that. | 哇 那是你办的?我听过 |
[04:06] | It sounded wild. | 现场超疯的 |
[04:08] | Yeah, Zoe said there was a crazy girl there | 对 佐伊说有个疯女 |
[04:10] | that pushed the captain of the swim team in front of a car. | 把游泳队队长推到车子前面 |
[04:20] | No, you can’t write another paper on how Haim are like the Brontë sisters. | 你不能再写海慕乐团 跟布朗蒂姐妹有多像的报告 |
[04:23] | -Devi! -Yo, Mr. K. | -迪薇 -库老师 |
[04:29] | Aneesa Qureshi? | 阿妮莎葵若希? |
[04:31] | I’m Mr. Kulkarni. I’m the English teacher, but I’m also the girls’ soccer coach. | 我是教英文的库尔卡尼老师 也是女子足球教练 |
[04:35] | I saw you at the state finals last year. Girl, you like a little Megan Rapinoe. | 我在去年的州冠军决赛看到你 简直就像小足球天后 |
[04:42] | -Are you down to join the team? -Uh, for sure. | -你愿意加入校队吗?-当然愿意 |
[04:45] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[04:46] | Devi watched in horror as the one cool teacher, | 迪薇充满惊恐 看着这位超酷的老师 |
[04:49] | who used to play favorites with Devi for obvious cultural reasons, | 以前因为跟迪薇都是印度裔 而跟她有好交情 |
[04:52] | was won over by Aneesa’s inviting personality. | 现在却被阿妮莎的亲人个性吸引过去 |
[04:56] | And as the day wore on, he wasn’t the only one. | 随着时间过去 喜欢她的人越来越多 |
[05:00] | Trent! You crazy… | 川特 你疯子 |
[05:20] | Thanks for helping me get my bearings today. | 谢谢你今天教我这么多 |
[05:22] | It’s actually cool to have another Indian classmate for once. | 我总算有印度同学了 感觉真不错 |
[05:25] | Yup. Well, see you around. | 对 再见了 |
[05:29] | Yo! We still on for tutoring this week? | 喂 这个礼拜还要家教吗? |
[05:33] | Yeah. But let’s go to your house. | 好 不过到你家吧 |
[05:35] | I think my grandmother has a crush on you. | 我奶奶好像在暗恋你 |
[05:37] | So, saw you talking to Neese. | 我看到你跟阿妮莎讲话 |
[05:39] | You guys friends? She’s dope. | 你们是朋友吗?她人不错 |
[05:43] | Yeah, pretty dope. | 对啊 真不错 |
[05:47] | I’m so excited for you to visit. | 你能来我真的好高兴 |
[05:49] | I’ve forgotten what you look like in person. | 我都忘了你本人长什么样 |
[05:51] | Are you just head and shoulders? | 你只有头和肩膀吗? |
[05:52] | My bottom half is actually a keyboard. Is that a deal-breaker? | 我的下半身其实是键盘 这样会让你想分手吗? |
[05:56] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[05:58] | I can’t believe I get to have an actual date night | 好难相信我晚上真的能约会 |
[06:00] | instead of doing grunt work at the lab. | 而不是在实验室里打杂 |
[06:02] | I’m surprised Evan let you have the night off | 没想到埃文会让你晚上放假 |
[06:05] | after what you told me about him. | 毕竟你说他很烂 |
[06:06] | That he’s a sexist schlub who is more dandruff than man? | 你说那个不算男人的沙猪混蛋吗? |
[06:09] | Yeah, I was surprised too. | 对啊 我也很惊讶 |
[06:10] | Well, you won’t have to think about Evan on Friday night. | 你礼拜五晚上不必想着埃文了 |
[06:14] | It will be just you and me eating Spanish tapas together. | 到时就只有我们两人吃西班牙小菜 |
[06:18] | I can’t wait to ask the waitress how many dishes we should order, | 好想赶快问服务生我们该点几道菜 |
[06:21] | and have her say, “Well, how hungry are you?” | 然后听她说 “你们有多饿?”了 |
[06:24] | “Pretty hungry. We’re at a restaurant, aren’t we?” | ”挺饿的 我们不是在餐厅吗?” |
[06:31] | 杰克森医生皮肤科诊所 | |
[06:32] | How dare he? | 他好大的胆子 |
[06:34] | How dare who? | 谁好大的胆子? |
[06:35] | Dr. Jackson. He put me on his mailing list. | 杰克森医生把广告寄给我 |
[06:38] | Oh! That cocky… Look at this! | 这个狂妄 你看看 |
[06:39] | It’s inviting me to make an appointment with his facialist, Gabrielle. | 他邀我跟他的做脸小姐嘉柏丽约时间 |
[06:43] | -Can I get a facial? -No, Devi. | -我可以做脸吗?-不行 迪薇 |
[06:45] | Facialists don’t belong in medical doctors’ offices. | 医师诊所里面没有做脸小姐 |
[06:48] | Oh my God. The nerve of this man. | 天啊 这家伙好大胆 |
[06:50] | I mean, he is so infuriating, but everyone you speak to just loves him. | 他真的让我好生气 可是我不管问谁 大家都很爱他 |
[06:54] | -Sounds like Aneesa. -Who’s Aneesa? | -跟阿妮莎好像 -阿妮莎是谁? |
[06:57] | She’s my Dr. Jackson, and she sucks! | 她就像我的杰克森医生 烂死了 |
[07:00] | Everyone’s like, “Oh my God, she’s so cool!” | 大家都说 “天啊 她好棒棒 “ |
[07:03] | “You should be best friends because you’re both Indian.” | ”你们都是印度人 应该当好朋友” |
[07:06] | -Honestly, it’s a little racist. -What? | -说真的 这样讲有点歧视 -什么? |
[07:08] | -She’s Indian? You should be best friends! -What? No! | -她是印度人?你们应该当好朋友 -什么?不要 |
[07:11] | What’s her last name? Where in India is she from? | 她姓什么?老家在印度哪里? |
[07:13] | -Do her siblings attend Ivies? -I don’t know. | -有兄弟姐妹念名校吗?-我不知道 |
[07:16] | What is this, “I don’t know”? You invite her over for dinner on Friday. | ”我不知道”是什么意思?礼拜五邀她过来吃饭 |
[07:19] | But Friday, Eleanor is coming over for a sleepover. | 可是艾莉诺礼拜五要来这里过夜 |
[07:22] | Perfect. She can join. I’m sure she won’t mind your weird friend. | 那更好 让她一起来 她一定不会讨厌你的怪朋友 |
[07:25] | -Eleanor’s not weird. -Oh please. | -艾莉诺哪有怪啊 -拜托你 |
[07:27] | This will be good. I want you to have an Indian friend for once. | 这下可好 你总算能交印度人朋友了 |
[07:30] | I’m friends with my cousin! | 我跟表姐是好朋友啊 |
[07:32] | No, you’re not. | 才怪 |
[07:33] | You’re rude to Kamala and constantly scheming to make her ugly. | 你对卡梅拉很没礼貌 老是想害她变丑 |
[07:36] | She almost shaved her eyebrows because you told her it was a trend. | 她差点剃掉眉毛 因为你说很流行 |
[07:39] | I was being helpful. She’s not gonna get sex-trafficked if she’s not hot. | 我在帮她 她变丑就不会被拐去卖淫 |
[07:42] | You know what? Maybe this Indian girl will be a good influence on you. | 也许这个印度少女会让你变好 |
[07:46] | She’s coming over to dinner on Friday. Conversation over. | 她礼拜五一定要过来吃饭 就这么办 |
[07:52] | I figured out my mom’s Netflix password and turned off the parental restrictions. | 我猜出我妈的网飞密码 关掉限制级保护功能 |
[07:56] | Now we can watch movies with bad words and butts and stuff. | 所以现在能看讲脏话 露屁股的电影 |
[07:59] | Oh, tonight’s gonna be so lit! | 今天晚上一定超棒的 |
[08:02] | ‘Sup, queens? | 两位女王好 |
[08:04] | Thank you so much for inviting me to your house. | 谢谢你邀我到你家玩 |
[08:06] | Can I bring anything? Snacks, soda, MDMA? | 我可以带东西吗?零食 汽水 摇头丸? |
[08:09] | -Uh, for real? -What? | -真的吗?-什么? |
[08:11] | No, I’m sorry. That was a joke. | 假的 对不起 我搞笑的 |
[08:13] | Don’t have access to drugs, but I do have access to some highly addictive snacks. | 我拿不到毒品 不过我能拿到超上瘾的零嘴 |
[08:17] | That’s okay. I think we’re all good. | 没关系 我们都准备好了 |
[08:19] | Cool. I’ll see you guys later then. | 好 那等一下再见了 |
[08:24] | I think it’s great you invited her. | 我觉得你邀她很好 |
[08:26] | It’s important to give nice people a chance. | 我们要给好人一个机会 |
[08:28] | Eleanor! | 艾莉诺 |
[08:30] | Ugh. Sharon, what are you doing here? | 雪伦 你怎么来了? |
[08:33] | -Hi, Mrs. Wong. -Hi. | -王妈妈好 -你好 |
[08:34] | See you tonight, El. | 小艾 今晚见 |
[08:36] | Hi, kiddo! | 嗨 小朋友 |
[08:38] | There was a nitrous leak at the office, so I thought I’d come and see | 办公室氮气外泄 所以我想过来看看 |
[08:41] | if you wanted to hit the mall before your sleepover. | 你去外面过夜前要不要逛街 |
[08:44] | Oh, I don’t think so. I think I have a lot of homework I need to do. | 喔 不用了 我还有很多功课要做 |
[08:48] | Okay. But sometime, I’d love to have a girl-hang with you. | 好吧 不过我有时也想跟你一起逛逛 |
[08:52] | Hey, what if we do a TikTok dance together? | 不然我们一起用抖音跳舞吧? |
[08:54] | I’ve seen mothers and daughters doing that. | 我看过很多母女这样做 |
[08:56] | And I’ve learned a lot of really cool moves from Zumba. | 我也学了不少很棒的尊巴舞步 |
[08:59] | Sharon, we’re not mother and daughter. | 雪伦 我们不是母女关系 |
[09:02] | You’re just my stepmom. | 你只是我的后母 |
[09:04] | Bonjour, mademoiselle. | 小姐 早安 |
[09:07] | Bonjour. | 早安 |
[09:10] | -Who is that? -Malcolm. | -他是谁啊?-麦坎 |
[09:13] | And do we like Malcolm? | 你喜欢麦坎吗? |
[09:16] | No, of course not. I’m with Oliver. | 当然没有 我的男友是奥立佛 |
[09:18] | That doesn’t mean you don’t like Malcolm. | 那也不代表你不喜欢麦坎啊 |
[09:21] | It doesn’t matter. He doesn’t even like me. | 那也不重要 他根本就不喜欢我 |
[09:23] | He’s basically famous, and I’m… | 他这么有名 我却 |
[09:27] | Forget it. Can we get In-N-Out on the way home? | 算了 我们回家时可以买汉堡吗? |
[09:30] | I’m hungry, and I wanna house a Double-Double. | 我饿了 我要吃双层肉三明治 |
[09:34] | -Do you want to share a milkshake? -Sharon! | -买一杯奶昔两人喝好吗?-雪伦 |
[09:39] | As Devi prepared for the sleepover, | 迪薇为朋友过夜做准备时 |
[09:41] | she promised herself she would be on her best behavior with Aneesa. | 心里想着今天要好好对待阿妮莎 |
[09:46] | Maybe she was overreacting. | 也许她只是反应过度了 |
[09:48] | It’s not like Aneesa was actually perfect. | 阿妮莎又不是处处都完美 |
[09:54] | Ferrero Rocher pyramid! How elegant! | 金莎巧克力金字塔 好高雅 |
[09:58] | Come in, come in! | 请进 |
[09:59] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑? |
[10:00] | For Indian people, that’s the Rolex of confection gift boxes! | 这对印度人来说 就像糖果礼盒的劳力士 |
[10:04] | Hi, Aneesa. | 阿妮莎 你好 |
[10:05] | I see you’ve already met my mom and grandma. Guys, this is Aneesa. | 你已经见过我妈和我奶奶了 妈 奶奶 这位是阿妮莎 |
[10:10] | -Namaste, auntie. -Namaste! | -阿姨好 -你好 |
[10:12] | How is your health? | 你的身体怎么样? |
[10:14] | Uh, very poor, kanna. My whole body is in constant agony. | 亲爱的 我很不好 我全身老是在痛 |
[10:17] | And feel my hand. See how cold it is? | 你摸摸我的手 很冰吧? |
[10:20] | Wow, that is very cold. | 哇 超冰的 |
[10:23] | So how can I help out, auntie? | 阿姨 我要帮什么忙? |
[10:28] | Sorry, um, no one’s ever asked me that before. | 抱歉 没人问过我这个问题 |
[10:31] | In her 15 years, | 迪薇这15年来 |
[10:32] | Devi had never seen one of her friends | 从来没见过哪个朋友 |
[10:35] | greet her family the way her family wanted to be greeted. | 用她家人喜欢的方式打招呼 |
[10:41] | Yo! I drank a whole Slurpee on the way over, and I gotta wazz! | 哇 我在路上喝了整杯思乐冰 现在非尿尿不可 |
[10:46] | Shoes! | 脱鞋 |
[10:48] | Oh yeah! | 对喔 |
[10:50] | Please, come upstairs. I’m just making my special pani puri. | 请上楼 我要做最拿手的印度脆饼 |
[10:54] | Can’t you just make pizza rolls or something? | 你不能做披萨卷之类的吗? |
[10:56] | Pani puri is legit my favorite. | 我最爱印度脆饼了 |
[10:58] | That’s my favorite. | 也是我的最爱 |
[11:00] | Can I help you prep in the kitchen? | 我可以去厨房帮忙吗? |
[11:02] | Oh, no, no, kutty, you go upstairs. You enjoy with the girls. | 不用 孩子 你上楼跟其他女生玩 |
[11:13] | I’m sad Fabiola’s away at a robotics competition. | 好难过 法碧欧拉去参加机器人比赛 |
[11:16] | She’s gonna love you, Aneesa. | 她一定会爱死你 阿妮莎 |
[11:20] | And your ability to freehand-draw really straight lines. | 她也会爱死你徒手画直线的本事 |
[11:23] | I can’t wait to meet her. | 好想赶快见到她 |
[11:24] | If she’s like you, I’m stoked to have her in my new gang. | 如果她跟你们一样 我就邀她加入我的朋友圈 |
[11:27] | Devi was not loving how comfortable Aneesa seemed to feel on Devi’s turf. | 看到阿妮莎在自己的地盘从容自在 迪薇心里非常不爽 |
[11:32] | So, Aneesa, why did you transfer from a fancy private school | 阿妮莎 你为什么从有名的私立学校 |
[11:36] | to a dump like Sherman Oaks? | 转来雪曼橡树这间烂校? |
[11:37] | Our library is just 100 copies of Dianetics | 我们图书馆只有山达基教会 |
[11:40] | donated by the Celebrity Centre. | 捐的100本心灵书籍 |
[11:41] | I think Sherman Oaks is cool. | 雪曼橡树高中不错啊 |
[11:43] | You know how it is with rich, private school girls. | 你们也知道私校有钱女生的德性 |
[11:45] | Like, so much drama. | 老是爱闹得很夸张 |
[11:47] | Well, there’s drama here too. | 这边也很夸张啊 |
[11:49] | A few weeks ago, Devi had a party | 迪薇几个礼拜前办轰趴 |
[11:51] | where she made the hottest boy in school get hit by a car. | 结果害全校最帅的男生被车撞 |
[11:56] | Mm, I didn’t make him get hit by a car! | 我没害他被车撞 |
[11:58] | I mean, you sort of did. | 明明就是你害的 |
[11:59] | It was right after he found out he was one of your two boyfriends. | 他发现你交两个男朋友后就被撞了 |
[12:02] | Damn! Two boyfriends? My parents won’t even let me have one. | 哇咧 两个男朋友?我爸妈连一个都不让我交 |
[12:07] | My mom won’t let me date either. But I just did it anyway. Classic me. | 我妈也不让我交啊 但我还是交了 这就是我 |
[12:12] | Whoa! I’ve never met a rebellious Indian kid before. Go off! | 哇 我没见过叛逆的印度小孩 猛 |
[12:17] | 麦坎:你好 笑死 | |
[12:19] | Oh my God. | 天啊 |
[12:20] | Malcolm Stone just texted me. He’s so funny. | 麦坎史东刚刚发消息给我 他好幽默 |
[12:25] | I’m not one to talk about infidelity, but you remember you have a boyfriend? | 虽然我没资格说人劈腿 但你还记得自己有男朋友吧? |
[12:29] | Yeah. Of course! I just respect him as a fellow actor. | 我当然记得 我只是尊重演员同行 |
[12:36] | Aneesa, you’re cool. What should I text back? | 你是很酷的人 我该回什么? |
[12:38] | Like a kissy face? Or a winky face? | 是亲亲的表情?还是眨眼的表情? |
[12:40] | Now, Devi’s friend was looking to Aneesa for advice? | 现在连迪薇的朋友 都问阿妮莎的意见了? |
[12:43] | This had gone too far. | 太过份了 |
[12:45] | You know what would be better than texting with him? | 你知道要怎么比互传消息更好吗? |
[12:48] | -What if you snuck out and met with him? -What? Really? Yes. | -要是你溜出去跟他见面呢?-什么?真的吗?好耶 |
[12:52] | I’ve never snuck out before. I’m so down. | 我从来没偷溜出去过 我也要 |
[12:56] | Devi was a little nervous of this plan, | 迪薇对这个计划有点紧张 |
[12:58] | but right now, the fear of losing face in front of Devi 2.0 | 但是在2.0版的迪薇面前丢脸 |
[13:02] | was scarier than any punishment from her mom. | 比接受妈妈的惩罚更可怕 |
[13:05] | We’ll wait until everyone’s asleep and then we’ll dip. | 好 那就等大家都睡着后出发 |
[13:10] | I don’t like it here. | 我不喜欢这里 |
[13:12] | This is like where bad teens get chainsawed to death. | 这里很像叛逆青少年被杀的地方 |
[13:15] | Malcolm? | 麦坎? |
[13:17] | Hi! It’s me, Eleanor. | 嗨 是我 艾莉诺 |
[13:19] | From the text chain? Remember? “Sup, LOL”? | 跟你传消息的?记得吗?”你好 笑死” |
[13:23] | How could I forget? Come join me. | 我怎么能忘记?过来吧 |
[13:25] | I was just making a wish on that shooting star. | 我刚刚向那颗流星许愿 |
[13:28] | That’s a helicopter. | 那是直升机 |
[13:30] | Oh. So it is. Good eye. | 原来 眼力真好 |
[13:35] | I thought Eleanor was coming alone. | 我以为艾莉诺要一个人来 |
[13:36] | Ben? What are you doing here? | 小班?你怎么来了? |
[13:38] | Uh, Ben and I are old Hebrew school comrades. | 小班和我是犹太学校的老朋友 |
[13:41] | We used to wear matching Clippers yarmulkes. | 我们以前都戴同款的犹太帽 |
[13:44] | Sorry. Malcolm didn’t tell me Ben would be here. | 抱歉 麦坎没说小班会来 |
[13:48] | I understand if you wanna leave, but I really don’t want to. | 你想走的话我能了解 但我真的不想走 |
[13:53] | Oliver? | 奥立佛呢? |
[13:56] | Guys, this is Aneesa. She’s new. This is Ben. This is Malcolm. | 各位 这位是新生阿妮莎 这位是小班 这位是麦坎 |
[14:01] | Hi! Nice to meet you in this creepy abandoned lot. | 嗨 很高兴能在这个恐怖空地见面 |
[14:04] | Since you’re new, I should tell you that you’re hanging out with a social grenade. | 你是新生 所以我好心跟你说 你旁边这个人超难聊的 |
[14:10] | I’m not gonna take social advice | 你这把年纪还去儿童理发厅 |
[14:12] | from a guy who looks like he gets his hair cut by a children’s barber. | 我才不要听你的交友建言呢 |
[14:15] | Yes, Aneesa! She just burned Ben so hard. | 赞 阿妮莎 她把小班电得好惨 |
[14:19] | Maybe Devi had been wrong about her. | 也许迪薇真的看错她了 |
[14:21] | So? I’ve seen Antoine since I was five. | 所以呢?我从五岁起就给安东剪了 |
[14:24] | He knows my scalp better than anyone, and I get free candy. | 他最了解我的头形 而且还送我糖果 |
[14:28] | Now that you’re done with your Disney show, | 现在你的迪士尼节目结束了 |
[14:30] | what’s next for you, Malcolm? | 接下来呢 麦坎? |
[14:32] | I don’t know. I’m ready to move on from that kid stuff. | 我不知道 我想摆脱儿童节目了 |
[14:35] | I wanna play like a heroin addict or like an ugly person. | 我想演个烟毒犯或丑八怪 |
[14:39] | Or you know what I think that I would have a fresh take on? | 你们知道我想重新诠释哪个角色吗? |
[14:42] | The Joker. | 小丑 |
[14:43] | In my version, the smile is hiding his sadness. | 我的演法是用笑容掩盖悲伤 |
[14:48] | Uh, wow. That’s so dark and twisted. | 哇 好黑暗又变态 |
[14:50] | I know. I want people to see me as more than just a kid | 我知道 我要观众知道我不只是 |
[14:53] | who drives around in a magical limo. | 开魔法加长礼车的小孩 |
[14:55] | You could do what a lot of teen stars do and punch a photographer. | 你可以学很多童星殴打摄影师 |
[14:59] | Or you could get a bunch of tattoos. | 也可以弄一堆刺青 |
[15:01] | That’s a great idea. | 这个办法不错 |
[15:02] | Not the photographer one, the tattoo. I’m gonna get a tattoo tonight. | 我不是说打摄影师那个 是刺青 我今晚就去刺青 |
[15:08] | Oh! What? | 什么? |
[15:09] | Wait. You wanna go to a tattoo parlor tonight? | 等一下 你今晚要去刺青店? |
[15:12] | Damn, this night is getting fun as hell! | 靠 今晚一定超好玩 |
[15:13] | Right? | 对吧? |
[15:23] | Hey, it’s really great to see you again. | 喂 重逢的感觉真好 |
[15:25] | And not with your aunt hovering in the back trying to eavesdrop. | 而且没有你舅妈一直在后面想偷听 |
[15:29] | She likes to give me notes on our conversations. | 她还想给我怎么聊天的笔记 |
[15:31] | Apparently, I need to blush more. | 看来我得多脸红几次 |
[15:35] | And actually, I have a surprise for you. I’m moving to LA. | 其实我要给你个惊喜 我要搬到洛杉矶了 |
[15:39] | What? Really? | 什么?真的吗? |
[15:40] | Yes! | 真的啊 |
[15:43] | 埃文来电 | |
[15:47] | I’m so sorry. I need to take this. | 真的很对不起 我一定要接 |
[15:52] | Hello? | 喂? |
[15:53] | Hey, sorry. | 喂 抱歉 |
[15:54] | I know I gave you the night off, but I need you to come to the lab. | 我知道我今天放你假 但是你必须来实验室 |
[15:58] | I’m right in the middle of dinner. | 我晚餐吃到一半耶 |
[16:00] | Yeah, I was doing this spot-on impression of Neo in The Matrix, dodging bullets, | 我模仿《黑客帝国》的尼欧躲子弹时 |
[16:04] | and I knocked over a bunch of your samples, | 不小心打翻了你的一堆样本 |
[16:07] | so we need you to come back and redo them. | 所以需要你回来重做 |
[16:09] | Can I do it tomorrow? I’m out to dinner with my boyfriend. | 可以明天吗?我跟我男朋友来吃馆子 |
[16:13] | Listen, I get it, | 其实 我真的了解 |
[16:14] | but that’s the kinda sacrifice that Dr. Peters expects from us. | 但彼得博士觉得 我们应该做出这种牺牲 |
[16:20] | Yup, I got it. I’ll be there shortly. | 好 我懂了 我马上过去 |
[16:22] | That’s a good girl. See you… | 好乖 再 |
[16:28] | Should I cancel our little plates? | 要取消小菜吗? |
[16:40] | Are you sure we’re allowed to be here? | 我们真的可以来这里吗? |
[16:42] | Don’t worry. My stand-in, Jerry, owns this spot and he never cards anyone. | 别担心 我的替身杰瑞是老板 他从来不看身分证的 |
[16:46] | What’s up, Jerry? | 杰瑞 你好 |
[16:48] | Your boy needs some ink! | 我来刺青啦 |
[16:50] | Wonderful. I do love painting on a virgin canvas. | 太好了 我喜欢在空白的画布上创作 |
[16:54] | All right! Tat me up, brother! | 好耶 帮我刺吧 大哥 |
[16:59] | Yo, why is that kid Ben such a dick to you? | 小班那家伙为什么对你这么差? |
[17:03] | That’s actually my fault. | 其实是我的错 |
[17:04] | You girls thinking about getting pierced? | 两位小姐想打洞吗? |
[17:08] | For real, just looking at you, | 其实我一看你 |
[17:10] | I think you could totally pull off a nose ring. | 就觉得你很适合穿鼻环 |
[17:12] | You think? | 真的? |
[17:14] | Well, who knows? Maybe I’ll get one tonight. | 好吧 搞不好我今天就穿一个 |
[17:17] | Right. You’re way too scared of your mom to do it. | 最好是 你这么怕你妈 绝对不敢 |
[17:20] | No, I’m not. I’d do it. | 我才没有 我会穿的 |
[17:22] | Yeah? Okay. If you get a nose ring, I’ll get a tattoo. | 是吗?好 你穿鼻环我就刺青 |
[17:26] | You’d never! You’re always talking about being buried in a Jewish cemetery. | 你才不会 你老是说 死后要葬在犹太人墓园 |
[17:30] | Yeah, my family has a plot next the Kravitzes. | 对 我家族在克拉布维兹家族旁有位子 |
[17:32] | I’ll still be buried there because you’ll never get a piercing. | 我还是会葬在那里 因为你不会穿环 |
[17:35] | After weeks of being iced out, this return to their normal repartee | 冷战几个星期后 他们总算跟以前一样斗嘴 |
[17:40] | gave Devi a glimmer of hope. | 迪薇心里燃起了希望 |
[17:41] | She could get back in with Ben and impress Aneesa | 只要在鼻子上打个小洞 |
[17:43] | just by poking one tiny hole in her nose. | 就能跟小班恢复朋友关系 也能给阿妮莎好印象 |
[17:47] | You’re on. | 没问题 |
[17:48] | My mom doesn’t tell me how to live my life. | 我妈别想管我怎么过活 |
[17:50] | Megan Thee Stallion does. | 梅根西斯塔莉安才行 |
[17:52] | You don’t have the guts. | 你才没那个胆 |
[17:53] | One hot-girl nose ring, please! | 麻烦穿一个辣妹鼻环 |
[17:56] | And a tattoo for me. | 我要来个刺青 |
[17:58] | Okay, get in the chair. | 好 坐上来吧 |
[18:00] | You go in the back and see Jerry. | 你去后面找杰瑞 |
[18:02] | He’s got a million ways to put “mom” on your arm. | 他能用上千种方法在你手上刺个”妈” |
[18:13] | So check it out. | 各位看 |
[18:15] | When I got back there, | 我回来时 |
[18:16] | I said to myself that I wanted to do something good for the world, | 就跟自己说要造福全世界 |
[18:20] | so, | 所以 |
[18:22] | I got this. | 我刺了这个 |
[18:25] | “Be anally.” | ”成为肛友” |
[18:27] | What? It clearly says, “Be an ally.” | 什么?上面明明写”成为盟友”的 |
[18:31] | Huh, I should’ve noticed that. This could be good for you though. | 我竟然没发现 不过这样可能也好 |
[18:34] | You’ll definitely never work on the Disney Channel again. | 现在你绝对不能帮迪士尼频道演戏了 |
[18:39] | Whoa, Devi, did you get a nose ring? What’s your mom gonna say? | 哇 迪薇 你穿了鼻环?你妈会怎么说? |
[18:43] | Nothing. I’ll take it out before she sees it, | 不会说什么 我要在她看到前拿掉 |
[18:46] | and if she notices the hole, I’ll just say I got hit by a dart. | 她如果看到洞 我就说是飞镖射到的 |
[18:51] | I got my tattoo. | 我刺青了 |
[18:53] | -What is that? -It’s a teeny basketball. | -你刺什么?-小小的篮球 |
[18:57] | He asked me what I liked, and I panicked! | 他问我喜欢什么 我就慌了 |
[19:07] | Prashant? | 裴桑? |
[19:09] | It’s 2:00 in the morning. What are you doing here? | 现在凌晨2点 你跑来干嘛? |
[19:12] | I thought all the schlubs might be gone by now, | 我想那些混蛋应该走光了 |
[19:14] | so figured I’d bring date night to you. | 所以我想到这里跟你约会 |
[19:17] | Restaurants are closed at this hour, so I brought a spread | 餐厅都关门了 所以我从加油站 |
[19:20] | of the finest cuisine from the gas station. | 买了满汉大餐过来 |
[19:22] | I’m so sorry, Prashant. | 裴桑 我真的很对不起 |
[19:24] | You flew all the way here, and I’m cleaning up after my lab mates. | 你大老远飞来 我却得帮同事擦屁股 |
[19:27] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[19:28] | Now that I’m gonna be a Cali boy, we’ll have plenty of time to spend together. | 反正我要搬到加州了 以后会有很多时间在一起 |
[19:31] | I can’t believe you’re moving here. | 真不敢相信你要搬来了 |
[19:34] | Well, are you even happy about it? | 你真的高兴吗? |
[19:36] | Yes, of course! | 我当然高兴 |
[19:38] | I’m sorry, I’m just annoyed about my loser lab mates. | 抱歉 我那些实验室的废物同事好烦 |
[19:41] | Do you know what they’re doing right now while I work? | 你知道他们在我工作时干嘛吗? |
[19:44] | K-pop karaoke. I saw on Instagram. | 唱韩国流行歌的卡拉OK IG上面有 |
[19:46] | They bought matching outfits and little wigs. | 他们还带了一样的衣服和小假发 |
[19:49] | Setseg sounds amazing though. | 不过赛特西的歌喉很赞 |
[19:51] | Listen. | 这样吧 |
[19:53] | I’ve worked with plenty of Evans before. | 我跟很多像埃文的人工作过 |
[19:56] | Sometimes the only way to deal with them is just to play the game, you know? | 有时对付这种人唯一的方法 就是陪他们玩 懂吗? |
[20:00] | What game? | 玩什么? |
[20:01] | I don’t think they play sports. We have a cabinet just for inhalers. | 他们应该不运动 我们有专门装气喘吸入器的柜子 |
[20:04] | No. I just mean that if you pretend to like their nerdy activities, | 不 我要你假装喜欢他们的宅男活动 |
[20:08] | they’ll invite you out, and might include you more in the lab. | 他们会邀你出去 也许让你负责更多实验工作 |
[20:12] | Shouldn’t they include me without that? | 应该不用这样就可以吧? |
[20:14] | Of course, they should. But guys like that will always be threatened by girls like you. | 理论上没错 但是那种人 一定会害怕你这种女生 |
[20:19] | So make Evan feel cool, and he might give you a chance. | 只要让埃文觉得自己很棒 他就可能给你机会 |
[20:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:26] | Hey, so I got Funyuns. | 嘿 我有买洋葱圈饼干 |
[20:29] | They’re delicious, but not great date food. | 虽然好吃 但不太适合约会 |
[20:33] | So maybe before we rip them open… | 所以在打开以前 也许 |
[20:44] | The sun now kisseth the horize, so ’tis time I bid you good e’en. | 太阳吻上了地平线 我也该向你道别 |
[20:49] | That’s like fake Shakespeare, right? | 这是模仿莎士比亚的吧? |
[20:54] | Goodbye, sweet Eleanor. Thanks for being my best supporting actress tonight. | 再会 美丽的艾莉诺 谢谢你今晚当我的最佳女配角 |
[21:04] | Yeah, I know. I’ll break up with Oliver. | 好啦 我知道 我会跟奥立佛分手 |
[21:16] | What the hell? Your tattoo was temporary? | 搞什么?你的刺青是画上去的? |
[21:19] | Yup. I lied to you. | 对 我骗你的 |
[21:21] | But I just permanently altered my nose. | 可是我的鼻子上的洞无法复原耶 |
[21:25] | Hmm. I guess it feels bad to commit to something, | 发现对方都在说谎 |
[21:26] | not knowing the other person was lying the whole time. | 自己却全心投入的感觉很差吧? |
[21:30] | Okay, I’m sorry. You win. Can we just be even now? | 好 对不起 你赢了 现在可以扯平了吗? |
[21:34] | No. No, we’re not even. | 不行 我们没有扯平 |
[21:37] | We’re not even close to even. | 离扯平还远得很 |
[21:39] | Devi, you followed him. | 迪薇 你跟他出去 |
[21:41] | I’m out. | 我退出 |
[21:43] | At the party, you followed him and you left me behind! | 你在轰趴那天丢下我 跟着他出去 |
[21:48] | We’re not friends, so stop pretending like we are. | 我们不是朋友 所以别假装是朋友了 |
[22:02] | Devi couldn’t sleep with the memory of Ben’s words still stinging. | 小班的话还是让迪薇痛心 让她夜不成眠 |
[22:06] | Unfortunately, with Ben on her mind, | 惨的是 因为她念着小班 |
[22:09] | she forgot to take care of one small thing before she went to bed. | 结果在睡前忘了处理一件小事 |
[22:15] | Is that a nose ring? | 那是鼻环吗? |
[22:17] | Oh shit. | 靠 |
[22:18] | I found this at the bottom of the trash can this morning. | 我今天早上在垃圾桶下面发现这个 |
[22:21] | Why were you looking in the trash? | 你干嘛翻垃圾桶? |
[22:23] | Your grandma threw away her teeth again. | 你奶奶又弄丢假牙了 |
[22:24] | And thank God she did! | 还好她有弄丢 |
[22:26] | How dare you leave the house in the night | 你竟敢晚上溜出去 |
[22:27] | to go get a face piercing at Jerry’s Tats & Holes? | 跑到杰瑞刺青穿孔店穿鼻环? |
[22:31] | Do you know how many staph infections I treat coming out of this place? Hmm? | 你知道我治过几个 在那里感染葡萄球菌的人吗? |
[22:35] | Auntie, it’s my fault. I’m so sorry. | 阿姨 都是我的错 对不起 |
[22:38] | Last night, Devi and I were talking about how hard it is | 昨晚我们聊到美国只欣赏西方美 |
[22:41] | to be South Asian girls in a country that only celebrates western beauty. | 我们这种南亚女性的处境有多艰难 |
[22:46] | And… And the nose ring is such a powerful symbol of Indian femininity. | 鼻环是印度女性美的强烈象征 |
[22:51] | Devi just wanted to decolonize her nose, | 迪薇只是想让她的鼻子去殖民化 |
[22:52] | and I stupidly suggested we do it last night to surprise you. | 我笨到建议她昨晚穿鼻环 给你惊喜 |
[22:58] | Now I see how irresponsible that was. I’m so sorry. | 现在我知道这样很不负责任了 抱歉 |
[23:02] | Was there any alcohol or… or kissing boys? | 你们有喝酒或亲男生吗? |
[23:05] | Absolutely not. I don’t do either of those things. | 绝对没有 我两个都不会 |
[23:09] | This was just a halal moment of rebellion. | 这就像清真认证的叛逆行为 |
[23:12] | Yeah! It was halal as hell. | 对 超符合清真认证的 |
[23:17] | Well, I’m glad that Aneesa is helping you appreciate your culture. | 好 我很欣慰 阿妮莎帮你欣赏自己的文化 |
[23:23] | And actually, it looks… it looks nice on you, Devi. | 其实你穿鼻环很漂亮 迪薇 |
[23:27] | You cannot go to a tattoo parlor in the middle of the night! It’s not safe! | 但你不能半夜跑去刺青店 很危险 |
[23:31] | -I know, and I won’t do it again. -Yeah, you better not. | -我知道 下不为例 -对 最好是 |
[23:35] | I’m gonna call the pharmacy. | 我要打给药房 |
[23:37] | Come downstairs. I need to put you on antibiotics. | 下楼 我要给你吃抗生素 |
[23:39] | There’s definitely MRSA brewing in there. | 那里一定有超级细菌在滋生 |
[23:54] | Oh, Evan, hi. | 埃文 嗨 |
[23:56] | I wanted to show you something. | 我要给你看样东西 |
[23:58] | When I was redoing my samples, | 我在重做样本时 |
[24:00] | I noticed there were clear phenotypic differences | 发现两个细胞族群有明显的 |
[24:02] | between the two cell populations | 表现型差异 |
[24:03] | that weren’t commensurate with our initial hypothesis. | 和我们一开始的假设不同 |
[24:06] | -I wrote up my findings… -I’ll take a look at that later. | -我已经写下发现 -好 我等一下再看 |
[24:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:17] | Um, I noticed that you guys were at karaoke last night. | 我发现你们昨晚去唱卡拉OK |
[24:20] | I don’t know if I ever told you, but I love K-pop. | 不知道我有没有说过 我超爱韩国歌 |
[24:23] | Huge BLACKPINK fan. | 我是BLACKPINK的铁粉 |
[24:25] | What? No way, you’re a Blink too? | 什么?不可能 你也爱她们? |
[24:27] | Who isn’t? I’m such a Rosé! | 谁不爱啊?我超爱朴彩英的 |
[24:29] | Really? I mean, my work vibe, obviously, is more of a Jisoo, | 真的?我的工作风格 显然比较像金智秀 |
[24:34] | but when I’m with my friends, I’m a total Lisa. | 但我跟朋友混时就完全是Lisa |
[24:36] | -Yes! -You see it, right? | -对啊 -你看得出来吧? |
[24:37] | -I see that. -Do you? | -我看得出来 -真的? |
[24:39] | Good, yeah. | 非常好 |
[24:41] | So if you ever go karaoke-ing again, I’d love to come. | 所以你们下次去卡拉OK时 我也想跟去 |
[24:43] | Yeah, okay. Hey, are you into bitcoin drama and anime deep cuts? | 好啊 你喜欢比特币戏剧 和冷门日本动画吗? |
[24:49] | -That sounds really, really good. -That’s really, really awesome ’cause you’re in. | -听起来很精彩 -那太好了 因为你是我们一国的 |
[24:53] | Hey, Kamala, why don’t you take today off | 卡梅拉 你工作得那么辛苦 |
[24:55] | ’cause you’ve been working really, really hard? | 今天就休息吧? |
[24:57] | -Thank you. -BLACKPINK! | -谢谢 -BLACKPINK |
[24:59] | You know it! | 你知道耶 |
[25:02] | Awesome. | 太棒了 |
[25:03] | Awesome. Okay. | 太棒了 好 |
[25:09] | Dude, thank you for talking my mom down. How did you know how to do that? | 妹子 谢谢你收服我妈 你怎么知道该怎么做的? |
[25:13] | I have Indian parents too. | 我的父母也是印度人 |
[25:15] | I recently had to convince my mom that I’m not forsaking my religion | 我最近才让我妈相信 我没有背弃自己的宗教 |
[25:19] | because I tweeted, “Harry Styles is my god.” | 因为我推文说 ”哈利史泰尔斯是我的神” |
[25:22] | Nice. Does your mom also constantly compare you to your weird cousins? | 赞 你妈也常拿你跟怪亲戚比较吗? |
[25:26] | Cousins, friends, neighbors. | 亲戚 朋友 邻居 |
[25:28] | A friendly telemarketer who was trying to sell knives. | 还有推销刀具的亲切电话行销员 |
[25:32] | All right, I should go. | 好 我该走了 |
[25:33] | If my mom sees you wearing your oversized sweatshirt | 要是我妈看到你穿着大号汗衫 |
[25:36] | and give you a speech about how girls dress like boys. | 一定会骂说女生不能穿得像男生 |
[25:38] | I know that speech by heart. | 她骂的那些话我都能背了 |
[25:41] | Devi couldn’t believe her mom was right, | 迪薇很难相信妈妈说得没错 |
[25:43] | but having Indian friends was awesome. | 但是有个印度朋友真的很棒 |
[25:51] | Aneesa got things about Devi that no one else did. | 别人没办法像阿妮莎一样了解迪薇 |
[25:57] | Aneesa knew what it was like | 阿妮莎最了解 |
[25:58] | to have your teachers constantly mispronounce your name, | 老师经常念错你名字的感觉 |
[26:01] | have people ask you where you were “really from,” | 大家问你”实际上从哪里来”的感觉 |
[26:05] | and get bullied by your ancient eyebrow-threading lady. | 又因为古代挽面的祖先而遭到霸凌 |
[26:09] | Devi felt ashamed of herself for feeling so threatened before. | 迪薇之前竟然觉得备受威胁 真是丢脸啊 |
[26:13] | What was she thinking? | 她在想什么? |
[26:15] | There was obviously room enough at this school for both of… | 这间学校当然能容得下两个 |
[26:19] | -I really like your jacket! No! -Yeah. | -我真的很喜欢你的夹克 没有 -对啊 |
[26:22] | Oh no! | 完了 |
[26:23] | This bitch has got to go. | 这个贱人非滚不可 |