时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Ever since Devi had stopped Aneesa from transferring schools, | 自从迪薇让阿妮莎不必转学后 |
[00:15] | Ben was, thankfully, back to talking to her again. | 小班又开始跟她讲话了,谢天谢地 |
[00:18] | ‘Sup, David? | 阿迪,怎么样? |
[00:20] | Not much. | 不怎么样 |
[00:21] | Oh. | |
[00:22] | A bird got caught in our chimney this morning. That was wild! | 有只鸟今天卡在我家烟囱,超扯! |
[00:26] | Well, he was talking to her, | 哇,他如果没跟阿妮莎 |
[00:28] | whenever his mouth wasn’t hoovering Aneesa’s. | 嘴对嘴人工呼吸,就会跟她讲话 |
[00:31] | But Devi couldn’t be mad that they were a couple now. | 但迪薇现在气他们两人交往也没用 |
[00:34] | It had all been above board. | 他们早就公开了 |
[00:36] | – You honestly don’t mind? – No, I’m good. | 你真的没问题? 对,我没事 |
[00:38] | I love that you and Ben are together. I’m your biggest fan! I’m your stan. | 我很高兴你跟小班在一起 我超支持的!我是你的铁粉 |
[00:43] | Thanks, Devi. | 谢了,迪薇 |
[00:45] | Now, let’s just pray my parents never find out, | 现在只能希望我爸妈别发现 |
[00:48] | or I say goodbye to my first boyfriend and hello to being homeschooled | 不然只能告别初恋 |
[00:50] | with my super religious cousin, Shahrukh. | 跟超虔诚的亲戚沙鲁可在家自学 |
[00:52] | Hey! | 喂! |
[00:54] | – What’s up? – How are you? | -哈罗 -你今天怎么样? |
[00:56] | How are you? | 你今天怎么样? |
[00:58] | The old Devi would not have been able to handle this. | 以前的迪薇没办法面对这种事 |
[01:01] | But this new Devi was trying a more mature approach. | 但是重新做人的迪薇要成熟以对 |
[01:04] | Ugh! | |
[01:06] | Well, sort of. | 大概吧 |
[01:08] | * Blow it up Ey, ey, blow it up * | |
[01:10] | * Blow it up Ey, ey, blow it up * | 剧名:… 成为黛西·布坎南 |
[01:13] | * Boom, blow it * | |
[01:16] | – Ah! – Oh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:18] | Didn’t mean to sneak up on you. | 我不是故意要吓你的 |
[01:19] | Damn, Fab, are you wearing a leather jacket? | 哇,小法,你开始穿皮外套了? |
[01:22] | Yep. Eve took me shopping. | 对啊,夏娃带我去买的 |
[01:24] | Look at these zippers. Some don’t even come with pockets! | 你看这些拉链,有的根本没口袋! |
[01:27] | – Mmm. – Hey! Since we’re all here, | 嘿!既然我们都在 |
[01:30] | what do you think about sharing a limo to the Winter Dance? | 我们一起坐加长礼车去冬季舞会吧? |
[01:33] | – Big yes! – Love it. | -好耶! -超棒的 |
[01:34] | Ooh, queen! | 棒呆了! |
[01:35] | Gorgeous! Devi, what about you? | 太好了!迪薇,那你呢? |
[01:39] | Um, you think you’re gonna have a date? | 你会有舞伴吗? |
[01:43] | Oh. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 有啊… |
[01:46] | I’ve got a few prospects. | 我有几个人选 |
[01:47] | A couple of guys in the rotashe. | 有几个男生可以轮流 |
[01:50] | She is lying. She has no one. | 她骗人,她一个都没有 |
[01:51] | Who even cares about dates? | 有没有舞伴又怎样? |
[01:53] | They’re there to hold our purses and look cute. | 他们只是去帮我们拿皮包、装帅 |
[01:56] | – Oh. Is that all I am to you? – Yeah. | -我就这点价值啊? -对啊 |
[01:58] | – Oh, really? – That’s exactly what… | -真的吗? -对啊,其实… |
[02:00] | Um, I actually don’t wanna ride in the limo, | 我其实不想坐加长礼车 |
[02:04] | ’cause I spent my whole childhood in a magical one on television. | 因为我整个童年 都在电视上坐魔法加长礼车 |
[02:07] | Oh, Malcolm, I’m really sorry… | 麦坎,真的很对不起… |
[02:09] | The fact that you could even suggest that, makes me feel really unseen by my partner. | 你竟然还提出这种建议 根本就把我当空气 |
[02:15] | Like, where’s your head at? | 你到底在想什么鬼? |
[02:19] | – Would you be open to a party bus? – Oh, no, yeah, sure. I love party buses! | 租欢乐巴士可以吗? 好,没问题,我喜欢欢乐巴士! |
[02:28] | Hey, El? | 喂,小艾? |
[02:30] | Yeah? | 啊? |
[02:31] | I don’t love the way Malcolm just talked to you. | 我不喜欢麦坎刚刚跟你讲话的语气 |
[02:33] | It reminded me of that health class video about controlling teen relationships. | 很像健康教育课放的 青少年高压型恋情影片 |
[02:37] | The one from the ’80s where the guy smashes the girl’s boom box | 那部1980年代男生砸女生手提音响 |
[02:39] | and tells her she can’t wear her favorite leg warmers? | 禁止女生穿最爱腿套的影片? |
[02:42] | Yeah, and she cries into her Trapper Keeper! | 对,然后她抱着活页夹大哭! |
[02:44] | You don’t know him like I do. | 你不像我这么了解他 |
[02:45] | That’s just the way we are with each other. | 我们的相处模式就是这样 |
[02:48] | I promise, it’s fine. | 我保证没事的 |
[02:51] | That’s literally verbatim | 她讲的话跟健康教育影片 |
[02:52] | what the girl said in the health class video. | 女主角说的一模一样 |
[02:58] | ‘Sup, Sash? | 小莎,瞎款? |
[02:59] | Yeah. ‘Sup, Sash? | 对,小莎,瞎款? |
[03:01] | Y’all, I have put together the dopest social schedule for you two. | 两位,我帮你们安排最猛的拉票行程 |
[03:06] | After school today, you’re having salads with the cool vegans, | 你们放学后要跟超猛素食团体吃沙拉 |
[03:09] | followed by a kombucha with the less-cool vegans, | 再跟没那么猛的素食团体喝康普茶 |
[03:11] | and then tomorrow, the volleyball fundraiser… | 明天是排球募款活动… |
[03:13] | Actually, Sasha, | 莎夏,其实 |
[03:15] | uh, Monday, Wednesday, Friday I have robotics practice after school. | 我周一、周三、周五放学后 都要练习机器人 |
[03:20] | Fab, robotics can wait. We already got rid of your dork clothes. | 小法,机器人的事不急 我们已经处理掉你的丑衣服 |
[03:23] | We need to get you and Eve out among the people. | 现在要让你和夏娃走入人群 |
[03:26] | No one’s gonna vote for Cricket Queens they don’t know. | 没人会投给自己不认识的蟋蟀后 |
[03:28] | So we need to campaign, henny! | 所以非宣传不可,妹子! |
[03:30] | I know it’s asking a lot for you to skip robotics, | 我知道要你不练机器人很过份 |
[03:33] | but think about how meaningful it’ll be for the queer community here when we win. | 但是如果我们赢的话 对本地同志族群的意义有多大? |
[03:38] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[03:39] | But I’m the robotics team captain. I can’t just ditch my guys. | 但我是机器人队的队长 不能把队员甩掉不管 |
[03:43] | I’d assume they’re probably pretty used to being ditched. | 他们可能早就习惯被人甩了吧? |
[03:46] | Hey! | 喂! |
[03:47] | Why don’t we compromise? | 不能折衷一下吗? |
[03:49] | How about, just for this week, | 要不然你这个礼拜 |
[03:50] | you skip Monday and Wednesdays practices? | 先不要参加周一和周三的练习 |
[03:53] | But going forward, Sasha will schedule around robotics. | 但是莎夏以后把行程 错开机器人练习时间 |
[03:56] | Sound good? | 行吗? |
[03:58] | Yeah, okay. Yeah, that could work. | 好,可以,这样就行了 |
[04:01] | I sort of stand by the fact that the fewer robots she’s with, the better. | 我还是认为 她越少搞机器人越好 |
[04:06] | But yeah, sure. Yeah, yeah. Deal. | 不过,好吧,一言为定 |
[04:12] | Oh shit! | 靠! |
[04:13] | In all her focus to repair things with Aneesa, | 迪薇光顾着修复跟阿妮莎的关系 |
[04:16] | Devi had totally forgotten | 完全忘了 |
[04:17] | that someone else was probably pissed at her too. | 还有别人可能也很气她 |
[04:20] | If you want good grades, then be a good student. | 想拿好分数就当个好学生 |
[04:22] | I can’t hold your hand forever! | 我不能永远牵着你! |
[04:25] | Yeah. It seems like there might need to be | 对,看来 |
[04:27] | one more stop on her apology tour. | 她的道歉之旅可能还有一站 |
[04:29] | Hey! Paxton! | 喂,派克斯顿! |
[04:32] | So, what was your memory of our last interaction? | 还记得我们上次互动的情形吗? |
[04:37] | You yelled at me like I was a stupid child. | 你把我当笨小孩一样大声骂 |
[04:40] | I can see how you’d interpret it that way, | 我知道你是怎么诠释那个举动的 |
[04:43] | but listen, I had just been suspended, | 但是我那时刚刚被停学 |
[04:45] | and I was in a really emotionally volatile place. | 而且我当时的情绪非常激动 |
[04:48] | Whatever, Devi. I don’t really care about it. | 随便啦,迪薇,我已经不在乎了 |
[04:51] | Really? Sick! | 真的吗?赞! |
[04:52] | If you wanna meet up later, we can talk about tutoring… | 如果等一下要碰头,我们讨论家教… |
[04:55] | Yeah, I don’t think I’m gonna need tutoring anymore actually. | 其实我觉得自己不需要家教了 |
[04:58] | I’m gonna take your advice, do it on my own. | 我会听你的劝,靠自己 |
[05:01] | I wouldn’t want you to have to “hold my hand.” | 我不想让你老是得”牵着我” |
[05:03] | All right, homies. | 各位同学,我们已经上完 |
[05:04] | Since we’ve come to the end of our unit on The Great Gatsby, | 《大亨小传》这一课 |
[05:07] | and because I can’t read another paper about the symbolism of the green light, | 因为我不想再看到 有人报告写绿灯的象征 |
[05:11] | here’s what we’re gonna do. | 所以这样吧 |
[05:13] | We’re gonna do a mock trial to test your knowledge. | 我们用模拟审判活动看各位学到多少 |
[05:16] | A mock trial of what? We already know that George Wilson killed Gatsby. | 模拟审判什么?我们早就知道 乔治威森杀了盖兹比 |
[05:19] | Word? Guess what? We’re not trying George Wilson, okay? | 哇!你猜怎么着? 这次被告不是乔治威森,好吗? |
[05:22] | We are going to try and decide if our favorite trust-fund bae, | 我们要看看大家最爱的信托基金宝贝 |
[05:26] | Daisy Buchanan, should also be tried for the murder of Jay Gatsby. | 黛西布坎南该不该 为杰伊盖兹比的遇害而受审 |
[05:31] | Ooh, what do y’all think? That’s creative as hell, huh? | 大家觉得呢?超有创意的吧? |
[05:35] | I’ve chosen your jobs for you. | 我会选择各位的工作 |
[05:37] | You’re gonna be the prosecution, defense, witnesses and so forth. | 各位要当检察官、辩方、证人等等 |
[05:40] | Ooh, Devi! Me, you, and Ben are the defense. | 迪薇!我、你和小班当辩方 |
[05:43] | We all get to work together. Isn’t that tight? | 我们分工合作,好吧? |
[05:47] | Bet! | 好! |
[05:52] | Okay, looks like we’re the prosecution, | 好,看来我们代表检察官 |
[05:54] | so should I just do all the work and you guys say what I tell you to? | 所以要我负责所有工作 你们就听我吩咐吗? |
[05:57] | Awesome. Feel free to write me a lot of prop-work. It’s my forte. | 太好了,尽量写一堆道具说明 这是我的专长 |
[06:01] | What? No! Look, I want to contribute. I actually read the book. | 什么?不行!我也要有贡献 我真的有念这本书 |
[06:05] | All right, cool. We’ll work as a group. | 太好了,那我们就分工合作吧 |
[06:08] | But not me, right? | 我不必吧? |
[06:10] | Yes! You too, weird actor kid with too many rings. | 要!你这个戴一堆戒指的奇怪童星 |
[06:17] | – Stop. – What? | -好了啦 -干嘛? |
[06:24] | Okay, let’s get started. | 好,我们开始吧 |
[06:26] | It says here | 上面写我们这一组代表辩方和黛西 |
[06:27] | that our group is the defense and Daisy, but doesn’t say who should play Daisy. | 但是没说谁要演她 |
[06:31] | I should be one of the lawyers. | 我应该要扮演律师 |
[06:32] | Aside from being hyper masculine, my dad’s a lawyer, so it’s in my blood. | 除了我超级阳刚外 我爸也是律师,所以是家传 |
[06:36] | Uh-huh, and I should probably be the other lawyer. | 我可能应该当另一个律师 |
[06:38] | I am on the school’s mock trial team, | 我参加过学校的模拟审判小组 |
[06:40] | and I’ve been told I have a very disagreeable personality. | 他们甚至说我的个性很不讨喜 |
[06:43] | – So, Aneesa, you’ll be our Daisy. – Oh, for real? | 阿妮莎,你当黛西吧 真的吗? |
[06:47] | I kinda wanted to be a lawyer too. | 我也有点想当律师 |
[06:49] | I don’t really identify with the Daisy character. | 我实在很难认同黛西的角色 |
[06:52] | She’s, like, super flighty and unstable, and throws away a good man for no reason. | 她超轻浮、不稳定 无缘无故就抛弃一个好男人 |
[06:56] | Good point. Devi, you’re Daisy. | 说得好,迪薇,你当黛西 |
[06:58] | Wait, what? | 等等,什么? |
[07:00] | Oh, Benny, should we get matching suits? | 小班,我们要穿一样的套装吗? |
[07:02] | – What? Yeah! – Right? | -什么?好啊! -对吧? |
[07:06] | I’m gonna go get a soda. | 我要去拿汽水 |
[07:09] | You okay? Seems like torture out there. | 你还好吧?待客厅就像折磨自己 |
[07:12] | That tickle fight went on forever! | 他们一直搔对方痒! |
[07:14] | Which one? There’s been four. | 哪一次?已经第四次了 |
[07:16] | Oh my God! Boy, you better stop! | 天啊!别再搔我痒了! |
[07:21] | I’m really trying to be mature, Kamala, but it’s so hard. | 卡梅拉,我真的很想成熟一点 可是好难 |
[07:25] | Yeah, I think you’re in need of some family assistance. | 对,我觉得你需要家人帮忙 |
[07:29] | So I brought some of my dad’s trial books. This is one of his faves. | 我带几本我爸的法庭实录 他最喜欢这本 |
[07:33] | Maybe we should watch a few episodes of How to Get Away with Murder. | 也许我们应该看几集《谋杀入门课》 |
[07:37] | Hey, guys. Sorry to interrupt, | 各位,抱歉打扰了 |
[07:39] | but Devi’s grandmother wanted to join the fun. | 可是迪薇的奶奶也想同乐 |
[07:42] | She was almost alive in the 1920s. | 她几乎活在1920年代 |
[07:45] | Hello, Auntie. | 阿姨好 |
[07:46] | Help me down, child. Don’t touch my hip! Too brittle. | 扶我坐下,孩子 别碰我的臀部!太敏感了 |
[07:51] | Don’t mind me. I’m just here to listen. | 别管我,我只是来旁听的 |
[07:59] | Kamala had saved the day, | 卡梅拉今天帮了她 |
[08:01] | momentarily granting Devi a recess from her own personal trial, | 但也只是暂时让迪薇脱离苦海 |
[08:05] | but Devi knew this relief was only temporary | 可是迪薇知道,这种解脱是暂时的 |
[08:08] | and she would need to have a word with the judge. | 她必须请法官通融一下 |
[08:10] | Okay, I think we should start by listing the facts. | 好,我觉得应该先列出事实 |
[08:13] | All right. Daisy drove the car that killed Myrtle. | 好,黛西开车撞死梅朵 |
[08:17] | Uh-huh, uh-huh, and here’s my thought. | 我的想法是 |
[08:20] | What if I leave the facts to you two, | 如果把事实交给你们 |
[08:22] | and I’m in charge of playing to the court’s emotions? | 我负责煽动法庭民众的情绪呢? |
[08:24] | (黛西开车) | |
[08:26] | – I’ll bite. How would you do that? – By being Gatsby’s silent haunting ghost. | 这样的话你要怎么做? 我扮演盖兹比的沉默鬼魂 |
[08:31] | Is that so you don’t have to do work? | 这样你就不必做功课吗? |
[08:32] | Uh, it’s a lot of work to act only with your eyes. | 只用眼神演戏很辛苦的 |
[08:36] | Okay, fine. Who cares? You’re the ghost, dude. | 好吧,无所谓啦,你就当鬼吧 |
[08:39] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[08:40] | I’m gonna go look in your bathroom mirror and try to scare myself. | 我去照浴室的镜子,看能不能吓自己 |
[08:48] | (伊莎贝拉:今晚要聊吗?) | |
[08:51] | (汤姆和梅朵外遇) | |
[08:54] | (谢谢传照片,你超帅) | |
[08:57] | (最喜欢你这个小脏脏了) | |
[09:02] | Hey, is there any chance that these texts are platonic? | 喂,这些讯息可能只是纯友谊吗? |
[09:08] | No. | 不可能 |
[09:13] | Mr. Kulkarni, I have to change roles. I can’t work with the defense team! | 库尔卡尼老师,我想换组 我没办法跟辩方小组合作! |
[09:16] | Damn it. Could you just come in and say, “Hello, Mr. Kulkarni”? | 可恶,你不能只是进来说 ”库尔卡尼老师好”? |
[09:19] | Or “Wow, your homemade pizza smells straight-up delish”? | 或者”你自己做的披萨好香”吗? |
[09:22] | I don’t have time for small talk, Mr. K! This is an emergency, | 库老师,我没时间抬杠!事情紧急 |
[09:26] | and your pizza smells regular. | 而且你的披萨味道很一般 |
[09:28] | Okay, first of all, | 好,首先 |
[09:30] | don’t knock my homemade pizza if you want a favor from me. | 要我帮忙就别笑我做的披萨 |
[09:32] | – Secondly, there’s no switching roles. – But I can’t work with Ben and Aneesa! | -其次,不能换组 -但我没办法跟小班和阿妮莎同组! |
[09:36] | They’re always all over each other, | 他们老是卿卿我我的 |
[09:39] | and I don’t know if you know this, but Ben and I have a past. | 我不知道你晓不晓得 小班跟我交往过 |
[09:42] | A sordid past. | 分得很不愉快 |
[09:43] | Look, let me tell you a story. | 这样吧,我跟你讲个故事 |
[09:48] | My ex-girlfriend and I, | 我的前女友跟我 |
[09:49] | we broke up right after we signed up for this couples’ cooking class, | 我们报名情侣烹饪课后就分手了 |
[09:53] | and now I gotta see her every Wednesday. | 现在我每周三都会看到她 |
[09:55] | – Why are you still going to the class? – Because I paid for 11 weeks upfront. | 你干嘛还上? 因为我预缴11个礼拜的钱 |
[09:58] | What, I’m gonna let her make delicious date-night foods on my dime? | 难道要让她拿我的钱 做出好吃的约会大餐? |
[10:03] | – Was there a point you were working up to? – Okay, the point is, | 你的重点是什么? 好,重点是 |
[10:06] | I get to see her every week, and I get to be reminded | 我每周都看得到她,每次都会想起 |
[10:10] | of all the things that annoy me about her. | 她让我受不了的那些地方 |
[10:13] | Like her cackling laugh, or her overuse of the word “random,” | 像她的笑声很像母鸡 或者她滥用”随机”这个词 |
[10:16] | or the way she constantly brings up her semester abroad in London. | 或者她老是提到在伦敦游学那个学期 |
[10:19] | Oh, that’s kinda cool. | 好像很有趣啊 |
[10:21] | It’s not. It’s basic. | 并不会,很老套 |
[10:22] | The point is, distance makes the heart grow fonder, | 重点是距离会产生美感 |
[10:25] | and proximity makes the heart want to barf, | 在一起久了会让你一看就讨厌 |
[10:29] | so you get back to that group | 所以等你回到那个小组时 |
[10:31] | and you let that boy annoy the hell out of you. | 就让那个男生烦死你吧 |
[10:35] | Huh? | |
[10:37] | – Hmm. – Okay. | 好 |
[10:41] | Also, tell your cousin I said hi. | 帮我跟你表姊打声招呼 |
[10:45] | That pizza making you a little thirsty, Mr. K? | 那片披萨让你有点饥渴啦,库老师? |
[10:50] | Hey. So last night I was looking at Malcolm’s phone, | 喂,我昨晚看到麦坎的手机 |
[10:53] | and there was a bunch of sus texts popping up. | 上面出现好多可疑讯息 |
[10:58] | Ew! Who the F is Isabella? | 伊莎贝拉是哪根葱? |
[11:00] | The home-wrecker he’s cheating on El with! | 是他在小艾背后偷吃的小三! |
[11:02] | So he plays her to her face and behind her back. | 所以他给小艾脸色看 又在背后找小三 |
[11:06] | This dude is trash! | 这个垃圾! |
[11:07] | Yeah, I know! How are we gonna tell her? | 我知道!要怎么告诉她? |
[11:11] | You know, a lot of people see law as stuffy and boring, | 很多人觉得法律沉闷无聊 |
[11:14] | but I like to think the Constitution as a living, breathing document. | 但是我觉得《宪法》 是有生命、会呼吸的文件 |
[11:19] | Devi had forgotten how tedious Ben could be. | 迪薇都忘了小班有多烦人 |
[11:23] | You know I actually went to the premiere of Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby? | 你们知道我真的有看 巴兹鲁曼的《大亨小传》首映吗? |
[11:27] | Yeah, it’s the one with Leo in it. | 对,有李奥纳多的那部 |
[11:29] | My dad and Baz play squash together sometimes. | 我爸和巴兹鲁曼有时一起打壁球 |
[11:31] | – What? That’s so cool! – Yeah. I know. | -什么?好酷喔! -对啊,我知道 |
[11:38] | Mmm. | |
[11:41] | Nothing but plastic. Let’s go! | 保特瓶空心球,看我的! |
[11:44] | Ow! | |
[11:52] | All right! Uh, I think we’re done here. | 好!我们应该讨论完了 |
[11:54] | Wow, it seems like we made a lot of progress today. | 哇,我们今天的进度好多 |
[11:56] | – What do you think, Devi? – Oh, definitely. | -你觉得呢,迪薇? -没错 |
[11:59] | A lot of progress. | 进度超多的 |
[12:03] | Devi was feeling a little lighter. | 迪薇觉得心情放松了一点 |
[12:05] | By just shifting her mindset, she had turned Ben from a dreamboat | 因为她改变了心态 把小班从白马王子 |
[12:09] | back into the annoying dork he had always been. | 变回以前那个讨人厌的呆瓜 |
[12:11] | Devi, what are you smiling about? | 迪薇,你在笑什么? |
[12:14] | Your mother just told us that she was abandoning us! | 你妈刚刚说她要丢下我们了! |
[12:16] | – Huh? – I am just not having dinner with you. | 我只是今晚不跟你们吃晚餐 |
[12:20] | I’m gonna go see Frost/Nixon at the Taper Forum. | 我要去泰帕剧场看《请问总统先生》 |
[12:23] | Ooh! Can I come with? | 我可以去吗?我喜欢看双人对戏 |
[12:25] | – I love plays that are two-handers. – What? No! | 什么?不行! |
[12:28] | Sorry, did not mean to snap at you. | 抱歉,我不是故意凶你 |
[12:29] | It’s just that this outing is just for people from my office, | 但这个活动只有办公室的人要去 |
[12:33] | like me, and Tracey… | 例如我、崔西… |
[12:37] | You could have warned me before I bought four portions of cauliflower. | 你应该在我买四份花椰菜以前告诉我 |
[12:41] | I didn’t know that we were so wasteful in this family. | 我不知道这个家的人很浪费 |
[12:43] | Perhaps, I should just start flushing money down the toilet. | 我干脆把钱冲进马桶好了 |
[12:46] | Aiyyo! Cari. I will eat before I go. I will eat before I go. | 唉呦!好啦,我先吃再出去… |
[12:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:53] | So, Devi, tell us about your day. | 迪薇,你今天过得怎么样? |
[12:55] | Huh? My day was pretty deese. | 我今天过得挺不错 |
[12:58] | Mr. Kulkarni actually taught me a valuable lesson. | 库尔卡尼老师教了我宝贵的一课 |
[13:00] | Only one valuable lesson? American public schools. | 只有宝贵的一课?美国公立学校喔 |
[13:03] | Also, he said to say hi to you, Kamala. | 还有,他跟你问好,卡梅拉 |
[13:06] | – He did? – Hmm. | 真的? |
[13:08] | Oh. | |
[13:09] | – Tell him I said hi back. – Mmm. | 跟他说我也向他问好 |
[13:12] | Is Kamala blushing? Whoa! | 卡梅拉脸红了吗?哇! |
[13:15] | If Mr. K had said hi to me, I would not have blushed. | 如果库老师向我问好,我才不会脸红 |
[13:19] | * We are nothing more Than strangers, after all… * | |
[13:24] | Wow, this is a real vibe. | 哇,真的挺有气氛啊 |
[13:27] | Is this an intervention? | 现在是要抓我勒戒吗? |
[13:29] | I don’t sniff Sharpies anymore. That was just one tough week. | 我已经不吸奇异笔了 那次是因为我累了整个礼拜 |
[13:32] | No! We’re just celebrating your spirit. | 不是啦!我们只是要歌颂你的心灵 |
[13:35] | Some chamomile and charged crystal? | 要来点洋甘菊和能量水晶吗? |
[13:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:39] | And maybe we’re here to also tell you that Malcolm might be cheating on you. | 我们可能也要告诉你 麦坎可能脚踏两条船 |
[13:43] | What? | 什么? |
[13:45] | I’m sorry, El. | 对不起,小艾 |
[13:46] | I saw some pretty suspicious texts on his phone. | 我在他的手机上看到可疑讯息 |
[13:49] | Well, maybe it was a misunderstanding. Malcolm’s a very passionate texter. | 可能只是误会,麦坎很爱传讯息 |
[13:53] | He added eggplants on his text votes for American Idol. | 他为《美国偶像》简讯投票时 还加了茄子图示 |
[13:57] | What he texted isn’t the problem. | 他传的讯息不是问题 |
[14:03] | (伊莎贝拉) | |
[14:04] | That cretin! | 那个笨蛋! |
[14:07] | Who’s this harlot Isabella? | 伊莎贝拉这个骚货是谁? |
[14:09] | I don’t know, but she’s no Eleanor Wong! | 我不知道,但绝对不是艾莉诺王! |
[14:13] | Malcolm sucks, and you deserve someone better. | 麦坎很烂,你该找个好一点的对象 |
[14:16] | You deserve Daniel Day-Lewis | 丹尼尔戴路易斯才配得上你 |
[14:17] | making his wife live with him in character as Abraham Lincoln. | 他为了入戏,逼太太 让他在家时也演林肯总统 |
[14:21] | My ideal. | 我的理想伴侣 |
[14:23] | We got you. Forget about Malcolm. I’ll be your date to the dance. | 我们会帮你,忘了麦坎吧 我陪你参加舞会 |
[14:27] | Now tell me, which essential oil do you need? | 告诉我你要用什么精油? |
[14:31] | Sandalwood, please. | 檀香,谢谢 |
[14:34] | It’s open. | 门没关 |
[14:39] | Oh. Hey! Where’s Aneesa? | 喂!阿妮莎在哪里? |
[14:41] | Oh, she has a soccer game in Pasadena, so just you and me today, David. | 她去帕沙第纳踢足球 所以今天只有我们,阿迪 |
[14:46] | Oh, okay, cool. | 好,没问题 |
[14:48] | I mean, there’s really not much left to do, | 其实也没多少事好做了 |
[14:51] | and I already picked out my fit for Daisy. | 而且我已经挑好黛西的衣服 |
[14:53] | It was inspired by what Lindsay Lohan wore to her DUI trial. | 灵感来自琳赛萝涵酒驾出庭穿的衣服 |
[14:56] | Nice! Yeah, no, I think we’re in good shape. | 不错嘛!我觉得我们没问题了 |
[15:05] | Hey, I hope things haven’t been too weird for you working with me and Aneesa. | 希望你不会觉得 跟我和阿妮莎同组很尴尬 |
[15:10] | Oh. | |
[15:12] | Nah, it’s chill. | 不会,没事 |
[15:15] | I think you and Aneesa make a really good couple. | 我觉得你跟阿妮莎两个人很配 |
[15:17] | She’s super cool, and you’re… | 她超酷的,你嘛… |
[15:21] | someone who deserves someone super cool. | 要超酷的人才配得上你 |
[15:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:27] | Yeah, no, I… I really like her. | 对啊,不,我真的很喜欢她 |
[15:29] | And honestly, anyone’s better than Shira. | 说实话,谁都比席拉好 |
[15:34] | Or me, for that matter. | 也比我好 |
[15:37] | I was a real bad girlfriend. | 我真的是很烂的女朋友 |
[15:41] | I’m sorry about that. | 很对不起你 |
[15:44] | You’ll do better next time. Just… | 你下次会变好的 |
[15:47] | maybe stick to one guy. | 也许这次专情一点 |
[15:48] | Huh, I’ll try. But you know me, I’m just so insatiable. | 我尽量,可是你也了解我 我就是欲求不满 |
[15:57] | We are presiding over the case of the People versus Daisy Buchanan, | 现在审理检方起诉黛西布坎南 |
[16:01] | in the case of the murder of one Mr. Jay Gatsby. | 杀害杰伊盖兹比先生的案子 |
[16:05] | Let the prosecution begin with their opening statements. | 请检方发表开场陈述 |
[16:14] | Your Honor, Daisy Buchanan is the reason we are here today, | 法官大人,黛西布坎南 正是我们今天出现在这里 |
[16:19] | and the reason why Mr. Gatsby is not. | 但是盖兹比先生无法出现的理由 |
[16:22] | Well, at least not in his corporeal form. | 至少他的肉身无法出现 |
[16:27] | Anyway, if Daisy had not run over Myrtle Wilson | 反正,如果黛西没有撞死梅朵威森 |
[16:30] | and allowed Mr. Gatsby to take the blame for it, | 并且让盖兹比先生顶罪 |
[16:33] | then George Wilson would not have thought Mr. Gatsby was his wife’s lover, | 乔治威森就不会以为 盖兹比先生是他老婆的情人 |
[16:38] | and therefore, would not have killed him. | 也就不会因此杀了他 |
[16:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:42] | Thank you, prosecution. | 谢谢检察官 |
[16:46] | Defense, your opening remarks? | 辩方的开场说明呢? |
[16:55] | “Her voice is full of money.” | ”她开口闭口都是钱” |
[16:57] | That’s how Jay Gatsby described Daisy. | 杰伊盖兹比就是这么形容黛西 |
[17:00] | Now, the prosecution has given a rather simple assessment of the case. | 检察官简单几句话就讲述了案情 |
[17:04] | No offense. | 请别见怪 |
[17:05] | For it’s not Daisy’s fault that Gatsby is dead. | 因为盖兹比会死并不是黛西的错 |
[17:08] | No, no, the fault lies in the rampant classism and materialism of the 1920s, | 不是,错就错在1920年代 猖獗的阶级歧视和唯物主义 |
[17:14] | and the society in which Daisy existed gave her no choice but to reject Gatsby, | 黛西所在的社会 让她别无选择,只能拒绝盖兹比 |
[17:20] | which ultimately led to his demise. | 最终导致盖兹比的死 |
[17:23] | Thus, the defendant is incontestably… | 所以被告完全无罪… |
[17:29] | innocent. | 无可置疑 |
[17:32] | Mic drop. | 报告完毕 |
[17:33] | Mmm, okay. | 好 |
[17:35] | Prosecution, you may call your first witness. | 检方可以传第一个证人 |
[17:38] | We call Nick Carraway, the narrator of the book. | 我们要传唤本书叙事者:尼克卡拉威 |
[17:44] | So, uh, Nick, tell us why you think Daisy’s guilty? | 尼克,你为什么觉得黛西有罪? |
[17:50] | Because she like blew my boy off, | 因为她老把我朋友当空气 |
[17:52] | even though Gatsby threw, like, sick parties for her, | 明明盖兹比帮她办了一场超狂派对 |
[17:55] | and had a dope mansion and shit. | 还有超赞的豪宅那些 |
[17:56] | But even you acknowledge the societal ills that led to Gatsby’s death. | 可是连你都承认盖兹比的死 是社会病态造成的 |
[18:00] | That’s why you move back to the Midwest at the end. | 所以你最后才搬回中西部 |
[18:02] | I do? | 有吗? |
[18:04] | That sucks. I only watched the first half of the movie. | 好逊,我才看了电影前半段 |
[18:07] | Trent, I’m right here! You should not be admitting to that. | 川特,老师就在这里! 你不该承认这种事的 |
[18:13] | Defense, it’s time for your witnesses. | 辩方,轮到你们质询证人了 |
[18:16] | We call the defendant, Daisy Buchanan. | 我们传唤被告:黛西布坎南 |
[18:19] | May it please the court, | 法官大人,不好意思 |
[18:21] | I am but a victim of my circumstances. | 我只是时代的牺牲品 |
[18:23] | As a woman of this era, all I have is my ability to marry well. | 身为这个年代的女人 有没有本事,就看能不能嫁得好 |
[18:27] | You may remember that women only just got the right to vote in 1920. | 各位可能记得 女人到了1920年才有投票权 |
[18:32] | Well said, Miss Buchanan. | 说得好,布坎南小姐 |
[18:33] | How about we move on to some closing arguments? | 那我们开始结辩好吗? |
[18:36] | Defense, you may start. | 辩方可以开始了 |
[18:42] | So, in conclusion, | 所以,我们的结论是 |
[18:44] | uh, Daisy Buchanan is innocent of these charges because… | 针对这些罪名 黛西布坎南完全无罪,因为… |
[18:50] | Um… | |
[18:52] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:53] | I don’t know where I put it. | 我不知道放到哪里了 |
[18:57] | Okay, well, I can’t find it, but, uh, basically, society and stuff. | 好,找不到,但就是社会之类的问题 |
[19:03] | Just like my colleague said. | 我的同事都说过了 |
[19:04] | So because of that, uh, | 因为如此 |
[19:06] | she had, has, | 所以她肯定… |
[19:09] | to be not guilty. | 无罪 |
[19:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:22] | “Society and stuff,” huh? | ”社会之类的问题”? |
[19:25] | Look, all I’m hearing from that side is excuse after excuse. | 那边的人只会一直搬出藉口 |
[19:30] | It’s time for this woman to take responsibility for her actions! | 这个女人现在 该为自己的行为负起责任了! |
[19:34] | Daisy Buchanan may not have fired the gun, | 黛西布坎南也许不是开枪的那个人 |
[19:38] | but she is certainly guilty for killing Jay Gatsby, | 但她绝对是杀害杰伊盖兹比的凶手 |
[19:42] | because when she chose Tom over him, she stopped his heart. | 因为在她选择汤姆而不选他时 盖兹比的心就停了 |
[19:47] | Therefore, he was dead long before the bullet ever entered his body. | 所以他早在那颗子弹 穿透身体前就死了 |
[19:53] | The prosecution rests. | 检方报告完毕 |
[19:55] | Whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo! | |
[19:59] | Damn! Excellent work, Miss Torres. | 妈呀!太精彩了,托勒斯小姐 |
[20:02] | It wouldn’t hold weight in a court of law, | 虽然在真的法庭无效 |
[20:04] | but it certainly holds some weight in the court of literature. | 但是这种讲法在文学法庭很有份量 |
[20:07] | The court sides… Boom! With the prosecution! | 本庭认同检方的说法! |
[20:11] | Daisy Buchanan, you are guilty of the murder of Jay Gatsby. | 黛西布坎南 我判你杀害杰伊盖兹比有罪 |
[20:16] | Wait, I lost? | 什么,我输了? |
[20:17] | – I lost in an academic competition? – Yeah, you did. | -我在课堂上输了? -对,没错 |
[20:20] | Yes, we won! | 耶,我们赢了! |
[20:24] | What happened to your note cards? | 你写笔记的卡片呢? |
[20:26] | Oh, that… I don’t know. | 我不知道,我就丢进背包里 |
[20:27] | I threw them in my backpack, and I guess they got mixed up. | 大概混在一起了 |
[20:30] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉啦 |
[20:32] | Uh, you’re not mad, are you? | 你没生气吧? |
[20:35] | Uh, no. No! No, of course not. | 没有!当然没有 |
[20:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:42] | Dude, I’m not even bummed that I lost because your closing argument was sick! | 妹子,我这次输得心服口服 因为你的结辩太劲爆了! |
[20:48] | “He was dead before the bullet ever entered his body.” | ”他在那颗子弹穿透身体前就死了” |
[20:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:53] | Hey! You two! | 喂,你们两个! |
[20:55] | So guess what? | 你们知道吗? |
[20:57] | Those texts of Malcolm’s, they were from his agent about a role. | 麦坎收到的讯息 是经纪人给的,内容和角色有关 |
[21:02] | She’s 73, | 她都73岁了 |
[21:03] | and she’s an out-and-proud asexual, so it’s far from romantic. | 而且她是早就出柜的无性恋者 所以完全跟出轨无关 |
[21:07] | Yeah, right! | 最好是! |
[21:08] | She called him “babe” and said that he “looked cute” when he’s filthy. | 她叫他”宝贝” 还说他小脏脏”很可爱” |
[21:12] | Uh, that’s because I just got cast as the voice of Babe | 那是因为我要帮宝贝猪配音 |
[21:14] | in Babe 3: Space Pig. | 《宝贝第3集:太空猪》 |
[21:17] | Oh shit. | 喔,靠 |
[21:19] | – Sorry. – Mmm. | 抱歉 |
[21:20] | We were just trying to be good friends. | 我们只是尽朋友的义务 |
[21:23] | Is that what you’re telling yourselves? | 你们是这样骗自己的吗? |
[21:25] | All I see are immature children who can’t be happy for their friend. | 我只看到两个幼稚的小孩 见不得朋友好 |
[21:29] | Time to get you some new gal pals, Eleanor. | 艾莉诺,你该交新朋友了 |
[21:33] | El, he may not be cheating, | 小艾,他可能没有偷吃 |
[21:35] | but he’s still a toxic, condescending douchebag! | 但他一样是目中无人的黑心烂货! |
[21:39] | Whoa! | 哇! |
[21:40] | The only toxic people I see are you two. | 我只看过你们这两个黑心烂货 |
[21:44] | Stop trying to break us up. | 别想拆散我们了 |
[21:46] | I’m choosing to be with Malcolm! | 我选择跟麦坎在一起! |
[21:48] | “How you like them apples?” Matt Damon, Good Will Hunting. | ”开心了吗?” 麦特戴蒙在《心灵捕手》说的 |
[21:52] | And like, I should be taking relationship advice from you anyway? | 而且我干嘛听你们给的感情建议? |
[21:55] | Fabiola, you’ve turned into an Eve clone. | 法碧欧拉,你变成夏娃的分身了 |
[21:58] | And, Devi, in what world do you know anything about relationships? | 还有,迪薇 你对于感情这档子事到底懂什么? |
[22:03] | You’ve never even been in a real one, | 你根本就没有谈过恋爱 |
[22:05] | and your two-timing situation doesn’t count. | 脚踏两条船那次根本就不算 |
[22:08] | Eleanor… | 艾莉诺… |
[22:10] | Just because your personal life is a toilet fire | 就算你把自己的生活搞烂掉 |
[22:13] | doesn’t mean you have to take a flaming dump all over mine. | 也不代表你可以在我的生活圈拉屎 |
[22:25] | Over the past week, | 过去一周来 |
[22:26] | Devi had done her best to be a selfless, emotionally mature friend to all, | 迪薇已经尽量不自私 当所有人的高EQ朋友 |
[22:30] | and what had it gotten her? | 结果呢? |
[22:32] | Here she was, crying on the street like a maniac. | 她现在跟疯子一样在路边哭泣 |
[22:46] | Hey. | 喂 |
[22:48] | You need a ride? | 要我载一程吗? |
[22:50] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[22:52] | You don’t look fine. You look… | 一点都不像没事,你都… |
[22:55] | puffy. | 哭肿了 |
[22:58] | Come on. | 上车吧 |
[23:04] | Fab, Fab, Fab, Fab. There you are. | 小法… 你在这里 |
[23:06] | I’ll be right in, guys. | 我马上进去 |
[23:08] | – No, you won’t. – What? | -不可以 -什么? |
[23:10] | Shira’s throwing a last-minute hot tub party, | 席拉临时举办浴缸派对 |
[23:12] | and we scored an invite. Eve’s in the car. Come on! | 我们拿到邀请函 夏娃在车上,走吧! |
[23:15] | I already missed two practices | 我已经错过两次练习了 |
[23:16] | and we agreed you were gonna try and schedule around that. | 我们也说好要你避开练习时间 |
[23:19] | I can’t predict when Shira’s gonna whip out her frozé machine | 我没办法预测席拉什么时候会办趴 |
[23:22] | and invite the popular kids to get in their bikinis, okay? | 还邀请最红的学生穿比基尼,好吗? |
[23:25] | All I know is that this is the event we need to go to, | 我只知道我们非参加这场活动不可 |
[23:28] | so let’s go slurp up some frozen wine and make you into a Cricket Queen. | 所以我们去喝点冰酒 把你送上蟋蟀后的宝座吧 |
[23:32] | Come on! | 快啊! |
[23:35] | So, why were you crying? | 你为什么哭? |
[23:39] | I got into a really bad fight with Eleanor. | 我跟艾莉诺大吵一架 |
[23:42] | Seems like you’re in a fight with lots of people. | 你好像跟很多人吵架 |
[23:45] | Paxton, I’m so sorry I yelled at you. | 派克斯顿,对不起,我吼了你 |
[23:49] | Yeah, you were really rude, | 对啊,你真的很粗暴 |
[23:52] | but I have been trying to take your advice. | 但是我也接受你的建议了 |
[23:55] | I saw, and look, your team won today. | 我看到了,你们那队今天赢了 |
[23:58] | Not because of me. | 又不是因为我 |
[24:01] | I… I just don’t get it. | 我真的不懂 |
[24:04] | You know, I worked as hard as I could, | 我已经尽力用功看书了 |
[24:07] | and still got thrashed by the kid you cheated on me with. | 但还是被那个跟你偷吃的小子碾压 |
[24:11] | I mean, maybe I am dumb. | 也许我真的很笨 |
[24:13] | You’re not dumb. | 你才不笨 |
[24:15] | Yeah, but I’m not smart. | 对,可是我不聪明 |
[24:21] | Can I give you some non-yelling advice? | 我可以给你不大声的建议吗? |
[24:25] | I don’t think you worked as hard as you could. | 我觉得你没你想像中用功 |
[24:28] | I think you did the assignment, | 你的确有做作业 |
[24:30] | but if you really wanted to wow your teachers, | 可是如果想让老师另眼相看 |
[24:33] | you have to go above and beyond. | 就必须超越自我 |
[24:36] | What’s the hardest you ever pushed yourself in swimming? | 你哪次游泳把自己逼得最凶? |
[24:39] | Uh… I guess there was that one time I accidentally swam to San Diego. | 大概是那次不小心游到圣地牙哥吧 |
[24:44] | What? From Los Angeles? | 什么?从洛杉矶? |
[24:46] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[24:48] | Wow! Well, okay. | 哇!好 |
[24:51] | Swim to San Diego in school. | 用游到圣地牙哥的劲念书吧 |
[24:58] | Okay. Yeah, I’ll give that a try. | 好吧,对,我试试看 |
[25:04] | Oh, do you mind just pulling up by that fire hydrant over there? | 你等一下可以停到那边的消防栓吗? |
[25:09] | You can’t see it from my house, | 从我家看不到消防栓 |
[25:10] | and I don’t want my mom to flip out that I rode with you. | 我不想让我妈看到你载我而发飙 |
[25:13] | Yeah, I’d be down not to interact with your mom ever again. | 好,我也不想再跟你妈有任何互动了 |
[25:21] | But anyway, I promise, I’m a changed woman. | 但我保证,我这个女人洗心革面了 |
[25:25] | From now on, I’m as chill as a Slurpee, bro. | 从现在起,我就跟思乐冰一样酷 |
[25:29] | I’ll believe that when I see it. | 等我看到再说吧 |
[25:31] | Hmm. | |
[25:34] | Whoa, is that a Maybach? Sick! | 哇,那台是迈巴赫吗?超酷的! |
[25:38] | Wait, I recognize that car. | 等一下,我认得那辆车 |
[25:40] | And is that your mom in there? With a guy? | 你妈在车里吗?跟个男的? |
[25:44] | Yep, that’s the face of a girl | 对,这就是女生发现 |
[25:47] | who is realizing her mom is on a date. Yikes! | 妈妈交男朋友时的表情,恶心! |
[25:51] | * Blow it up Ey, ey, blow it up * | |
[25:53] | * Blow it up Ey, ey, blow it up * | |
[25:55] | * Pull it to the spot, make it hot * | |
[25:58] | * Blow it up Ooh, ooh, blow it up * | |
[26:00] | * Blow it up Yeah, yeah, blow it up * | |
[26:02] | * Blow it up Whoa, whoa, blow it up * | |
[26:04] | * Pull it to the spot Ey, make it hot * | |
[26:06] | * Drop the bomb Boom, boom, blow it up * | |
[26:08] | * Boom, boom * | |
[26:11] | * Boom Boom, blow it up * | |
[26:12] | * Ey, boom, boom * | |
[26:15] | * Boom, drop the bomb Blow it up * | |
[26:17] | * Ey, boom, boom * | |
[26:20] | * Boom, blow it * | |
[26:21] | – * Boom, boom * – * Yeah * | |
[26:24] | * Boom, drop the bomb Blow it * | |
[26:26] | * Blow it up Ey, ey, blow it up * | |
[26:28] | * Blow it up Ey, ey, blow it up * | |
[26:30] | * Boom, boom * | |
[26:33] | * Boom, blow it * | |
[26:35] | * Boom, boom * | |
[26:37] | * Boom, drop the bomb Blow it up, ey * |